Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:00 pm

He shut his eyes briefly in fresh embarrassment. "Yes....they have such...colorful terms for food..."

"That they do."
Freddy said and she had to fight not to laugh at just how shocked the Hermetic looked.
"Their dishes can be quite amusing."

"I do not mind. I do not think Colin would, either. At least I do not think so. In fact I am glad someone can stay with him and watch over him while he is in such a state, because I cannot."

"Good, I would like to stay with him and keep him safe until he wakes up."
Freddy said and gave a slight smile.
"I like Colin you know, I am not sure if he have realized that himself yet, but I do like him."
The Virtual Adept said and scratched her head a little and looked a bit uncertain as if she had not intended to share that tidbit of her feelings.

"Thank you, Ms Addlebloom."

"No thank you for telling me...well I should probably get over there. I know we are safe here at the Chantry but with all that have been going on I would feel better if Colin was not alone when he is so helpless."
The Virtual Adept said then she gave you a smile and added.
"Have a good evening Mr Roth Hicks."
Freddy said, then she waited for a moment to see if you had anything else to say before she locked her door and headed towards Colin's room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 pm

"That they do." Freddy said and she had to fight not to laugh at just how shocked the Hermetic looked. "Their dishes can be quite amusing."

Adley coughed and then shook his head. "Yes, well..." he trailed off awkwardly. Then he started telling her the real reason that he'd come.

"Good, I would like to stay with him and keep him safe until he wakes up."
Freddy said and gave a slight smile. "I like Colin you know, I am not sure if he have realized that himself yet, but I do like him."

"Thank you for staying with him, it will have the additional benefit of putting my mind somewhat at ease." Then he smiled a little at her. "I'm glad. I...do believe he is fond of you as well." Then he shook his head. "But I would not put words in my cabalmate's mouth, I am sure he will have plenty to say when he wakes up."

"No thank you for telling me...well I should probably get over there. I know we are safe here at the Chantry but with all that have been going on I would feel better if Colin was not alone when he is so helpless." The Virtual Adept said then she gave you a smile and added. "Have a good evening Mr Roth Hicks."

"So would I. Good evening," he returned with a nod of his head. Then he hurried back to his room to grab up some bedding. Part of him was not overly keen of sleeping with a bunch of other people, another part of him didn't think anything much of it, and the rest of him was too tired to give too much energy to the other parts, and it was winning out. He took a moment to reload his spent bullets into his magazine and grab the extra and then went across the hall to Beatrice's room. He would have liked a moment to do the banishing ritual, since technically this was before bed. But there was not time and he could not keep the others waiting on him. He knocked on the door, hoping he was not waking Beatrice up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:42 pm

"Thank you for staying with him, it will have the additional benefit of putting my mind somewhat at ease." Then he smiled a little at her. "I'm glad. I...do believe he is fond of you as well." Then he shook his head. "But I would not put words in my cabalmate's mouth, I am sure he will have plenty to say when he wakes up."

"Well he do like to talk."
Freddy said and grinned, she gave a little warm smile when you said you thought Colin was fond of her as well.
"Well you do not need to worry I will take care of him until he gets out of that Mindscape, someone should after all, I mean he is an Orphan if he is in a Seeking this might be his first and if so then he have no mentor to help him through it when he wakes up, so someone else have to."
The Virtual Adept muttered.

"So would I. Good evening," he returned with a nod of his head.

Freddy nodded, she gave another grin and hurried down the corridor to get to Colin's room.

He would have liked a moment to do the banishing ritual, since technically this was before bed. But there was not time and he could not keep the others waiting on him. He knocked on the door, hoping he was not waking Beatrice up.

Duncan opens the door for you and let you inn.
"I have been trying to convince Amadeus to leave Beatrice's side for a few hours but he is a stubborn old man."
The shape shifter said with a sigh. From the bedroom you hear Beatrice whimper and make pained mewling sounds, she was awake it seamed and there was little anyone could do to stop her pain.
"I just have to convince him that if he do not rest he will wear himself down and that will not help Beatrice, not at all."
Duncan said, he seamed quite concerned both for Beatrice and for her mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Adley felt a pang in his heart as he heard Beatrice. "There has to be something to stop her from being in so much pain..." He sighed and then looked at Duncan. "Yes, that's the truth of it. I try to talk with him..."

He didn't know what good it might do if his own covenmate could not convince him but he would try anyway. He put his blanket and pillow on the floor by the door and approached the bedchamber slowly so that the man could see him. He also looked in at Beatrice, concern on his face but he looked back to Amadeus, as if asking him to speak with him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Adley felt a pang in his heart as he heard Beatrice. "There has to be something to stop her from being in so much pain..." He sighed and then looked at Duncan. "Yes, that's the truth of it. I try to talk with him..."

"Amadeus said that the only two things that might help is something that one would have to bargain with wraiths for or to get a Fallen with a Primordial Avatar, I have no idea how that is supposed to help, but Amadeus say that according to this Spirit Master, Miss Telar, she could use such a mage to repair some of the damage to Beatrice's Avatar...other than that...well I at least do not know what we can do for her."
Duncan said and he looked sad and concerned for his Covenmate.
"Well yes, do try to talk to Amadeus and see if you have better luck than me."
The shapeshifter said, though he sounded doubtful that it would work.

He didn't know what good it might do if his own covenmate could not convince him but he would try anyway. He put his blanket and pillow on the floor by the door and approached the bedchamber slowly so that the man could see him. He also looked in at Beatrice, concern on his face but he looked back to Amadeus, as if asking him to speak with him.

Beatrice lay in her bed shaking in pain, she was curled up in a ball and her short, dark hair was glued to her scalp with sweat. Amadeus sat holding the younger mage's hand, trying to calm her but it did not seam to work, the old druid looked up when Adley signaled he wanted to speak with him and reluctantly he rose and let Duncan take over for him at Beatrice's side and he walked out into the living room and nodded to you.
"Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Verbena said in a tired tone of voice, worry was etched into his face, and it was clear that he like many in the Chantry at the moment was running on fumes.
"You wanted a word with me?"
He said and glanced into the bedroom at Beatrice, not really liking to leave her side.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:27 pm

"Amadeus said that the only two things that might help is something that one would have to bargain with wraiths for or to get a Fallen with a Primordial Avatar, I have no idea how that is supposed to help, but Amadeus say that according to this Spirit Master, Miss Telar, she could use such a mage to repair some of the damage to Beatrice's Avatar...other than that...well I at least do not know what we can do for her."

"Bargain with wraiths? That is a new angle I am not aware of...well, unfortunately I can't do anything just this moment. I wish I could."

When Amadeus came over he looked at him with sympathy, attention shifting from Beatrice to see how tired he was. "Master Nassa, please come with me to get some rest. Your cabalmate...covenmate is a fine healer and a good man, he will look over Beatrice and care for her in your stead; but you will not be able to stay awake forever. Best to take the opportunity to rest much in little time then to pass out from exhaustion and be unable to assist for an unknown amount of time," he suggested. "I know you are worried. I am as well, but the Chief is setting up a time bubble for those who need it, and you do need it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:40 pm

"Bargain with wraiths? That is a new angle I am not aware of...well, unfortunately I can't do anything just this moment. I wish I could."

"I have no knowledge of or experience with wraiths other than knowing they exist so I can not be much help there."
Duncan said and sigh.
"I just wish I could do something for her, to help her."

When Amadeus came over he looked at him with sympathy, attention shifting from Beatrice to see how tired he was. "Master Nassa, please come with me to get some rest. Your cabalmate...covenmate is a fine healer and a good man, he will look over Beatrice and care for her in your stead;

The old Verbena gave an annoyed grunt.
"More pestering about sleep."
He muttered but he really did look like he was ready to collapse.
"I know Duncan will take care of Beatrice I know it is just that..."
The old mage sigh.
"I almost lost her last night, I could be sitting here with nothing but a soulless husk for an apprentice, and I..."
Amadeus stopped himself, he did not want to speak openly about his fears, that he almost worried that if he looked away Beatrice would be gone.
"And beside she is in so much pain...she needs me."
The druid added.

but you will not be able to stay awake forever. Best to take the opportunity to rest much in little time then to pass out from exhaustion and be unable to assist for an unknown amount of time," he suggested. "I know you are worried. I am as well, but the Chief is setting up a time bubble for those who need it, and you do need it."

Amadeus grunted, the young Hermetic was right off course, he did not like to admit it but yes he was right. But still he was hesitant about leaving his apprentice, feeling a need both to try to soothe her and also to protect her.
"Well...I...guess you are right, Duncan are right you are all right...but I still do not want to leave her side...she is so helpless right now..."
Amadeus muttered, and he did look like he was worried Beatrice might shatter like a broken doll if he was not there to protect her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:52 pm

"I have no knowledge of or experience with wraiths other than knowing they exist so I can not be much help there." Duncan said and sigh. "I just wish I could do something for her, to help her.

"Well, you healed the cat of a Risen...though Adjan told me they weren't much loved by other wraiths. Maybe we can find out more about it, when we can. And...I know..."

The old Verbena gave an annoyed grunt. "More pestering about sleep."

"I know you do not but Duncan will take good care of her," he said, because he did understand that urge all too well at the moment. "But if you do not sleep now, then you will sleep at some point, perhaps at a much less fortunate time than right now. Please, there are likely others awaiting our arrival; there is much happening and we will need you to be as strong as you can be. Both for Beatrice's sake and that of the chantry. Time is not something that has been on our side so let us make the most of what we are offered."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:05 pm

"Well, you healed the cat of a Risen...though Adjan told me they weren't much loved by other wraiths. Maybe we can find out more about it, when we can. And...I know..."

"Well perhaps Miss Danielle is a good place to start to try to find out where we might get what we need, who to talk to and how to contact them, it is a lead at least."
Duncan said and nodded then he sigh, they both wanted to help Beatrice and both of them where powerless to do so.

"I know you do not but Duncan will take good care of her," he said, because he did understand that urge all too well at the moment. "But if you do not sleep now, then you will sleep at some point, perhaps at a much less fortunate time than right now. Please, there are likely others awaiting our arrival; there is much happening and we will need you to be as strong as you can be. Both for Beatrice's sake and that of the chantry. Time is not something that has been on our side so let us make the most of what we are offered."

Amadeus glanced in at Beatrice again then he sigh.
"Fine...if it is in a time bubble it should not be to long for her to wait until I return."
The old mage finally agreed.
"I just...damned it I am going to kill that Quaesitor when I get the chance...Beatrice never deserved this and I...feel so bloody helpless to do anything to ease her pain."
The Verbena muttered as he grabbed a blanket and a pillow of the sofa.
"At least that new Dreamspeaker at the Chantry managed to calm her fears a little, the boy seam to have the ability to make Avatars manifest or at least visible so Beatrice got to see that hers is still there though in a bit of a state."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"She slept peacefully for a few hours after that at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:19 pm

"Well perhaps Miss Danielle is a good place to start to try to find out where we might get what we need, who to talk to and how to contact them, it is a lead at least." Duncan said and nodded then he sigh, they both wanted to help Beatrice and both of them where powerless to do so

He nodded in agreement and then went to try to convince the stubborn Verbena that passing out was going to help absolutely no one.

"Fine...if it is in a time bubble it should not be to long for her to wait until I return." The old mage finally agreed. "I just...damned it I am going to kill that Quaesitor when I get the chance...Beatrice never deserved this and I...feel so bloody helpless to do anything to ease her pain." The Verbena muttered as he grabbed a blanket and a pillow of the sofa.

Adley said nothing, at least the man was moving and there was nothing he could say to make the situation better. In fact, what with that damnable spirit's effects lingering, there was a chance he would only make things worse.

"At least that new Dreamspeaker at the Chantry managed to calm her fears a little, the boy seam to have the ability to make Avatars manifest or at least visible so Beatrice got to see that hers is still there though in a bit of a state." Amadeus said and sigh. "She slept peacefully for a few hours after that at least."

He looked surprised at that. "He can make them manifest? That is...very interesting. I am glad that it gave her some peace to know that it was there," he agreed. Then he looked into her room just for a moment and said, "I will be back when I can, adelfí...and then I will sing you that song." Just looking at her state made him feel sad, guilty, and pained on her behalf. The added feeling of being unable to ease her pain or help was heavy but he had to persevere. There was still danger, and he had to get the healer rested. He nodded to Duncan and then went back to pick up the bedclothing and walk with Amadeus. "Let us go."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:37 pm

He looked surprised at that. "He can make them manifest? That is...very interesting. I am glad that it gave her some peace to know that it was there," he agreed.

"Yes...I am not sure if they manifest or just become visible, I had him test it out on me first so Master Telar could examine if it was safe to use on Beatrice and I saw it...my Avatar right there as clear to me as you are now, and I usually only see it in dreams and deep meditations."
Amadeus said and he wrinkled his nose a bit, he was amazed at what the Dreamspeaker could do, but at the same time he did not like that two mages he did not know well had seen his Avatar, seen both of them.
"In either case it did help Beatrice and alleviated some of her fear so that is a good thing at least, now she know she is still a mage..."
The old mage said he walked into the bedroom and gave his apprentice a soft kiss on the forehead before he walked back out into the living room and headed for the door.

Then he looked into her room just for a moment and said, "I will be back when I can, adelfí...and then I will sing you that song." Just looking at her state made him feel sad, guilty, and pained on her behalf. The added feeling of being unable to ease her pain or help was heavy but he had to persevere. There was still danger, and he had to get the healer rested.

Beatrice glanced at Adley when he spoke to her, her eyes swam with pain but she did manage to offer him one weak smile through she did not have the strength to speak right now and soon she curled up more and gasped in agony as Duncan sat down next to her and tried to soothe her by gently stroking her hair.

He nodded to Duncan and then went back to pick up the bedclothing and walk with Amadeus. "Let us go."

Duncan nodded back then he turned his attention back to Beatrice. Amadeus simply gave a grunt, he did not like to leave his apprentice in such a state but he did follow you out of the room.

The chapel, was not really a chapel but was called that, it was a unused room in the attic that had some beautiful old stained glass windows that Hildegaard had taken upon herself to turn into a prayer and meditation chamber. Here where a small altar, pillows on the floor for meditation or just to sit for a quiet moment. The room was warm and comfortable and where much used now for whatever spiritual needs the inhabitants of Steelhaven had. Once you got to the chapel you see several of the Chantry's mages, especially those who had gotten little sleep these last few days sit or lay on the floor in blankets and sleeping bags. Cita was among them and the Virtual Adept looked rather pale and drawn, she gave you a big smile when she saw you though and she nodded to Amadeus. In the middle of the room sat Ryan, he had his ipod in his lap and had some ear buds on.
"Ok...so now that everyone is here let us do this thing. I will warp time in here so eight hours will pass in this room, while one one hour pass in the outside world, I do not dare warp it more than that or Paradox will eat my ass as if it was a delicious apple pie."
The Cultist said.
"Now do not leave this room while the rote is in effect or you might find yourself running right into a wall or some other such problem, if you absolutely have to leave the time bubble speak with me and I will take care of it...now any questions?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:42 pm

He didn't like that they were the last to arrive, though maybe it was not so surprising given that they had to convince Amadeus. He took stock of who was in the room so that he would know which members had caught up on their sleep and nodded in thanks to Ryan. Then he saw Cita and smiled back a bit to her. It was nice that she seemed pleased to see him and he was very glad that she was going to get some much deserved rest. He looked for a spare place to put his things down, preferably near someone that he knew and trusted if he had to be next to someone. He didn't have any questions for Ryan, eight hours for one seemed like it was going to be hard enough to pull off. Instead, he made sure all his gear was safe and that he was not going to sleep at an awkward angle on his tools.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 pm

He didn't like that they were the last to arrive, though maybe it was not so surprising given that they had to convince Amadeus. He took stock of who was in the room so that he would know which members had caught up on their sleep and nodded in thanks to Ryan.

You see Cita, Ingmar Rush, Narim, Darrian Haagen and Adjan in addition to yourself and Amadeus. Ryan give you a nod back as he settled down to focus on his rote.

He looked for a spare place to put his things down, preferably near someone that he knew and trusted if he had to be next to someone. He didn't have any questions for Ryan, eight hours for one seemed like it was going to be hard enough to pull off. Instead, he made sure all his gear was safe and that he was not going to sleep at an awkward angle on his tools.

No one else had any questions of Ryan either. You find a place next to Adjan and the Euthanatos give you a nod, as one of the Adepts of the Chantry that where the best at combat, magickal and mundane he had been running around allot the last few days and they needed him awake and alert. You see Amadeus settle down in a corner. Once everyone was ready Ryan turned on his ipod and started meditating, soon there was a slight...shift, it was hard to describe as if everything jolted for one moment and then it settled down, everything felt normal in the chapel, but the moonlight light you see coming in through the stained glass windows just looked a bit odd.

Slowly everyone settled down to get some rest, you notice the Cita seam to fall asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow that teleportation rote that went haywire last night as well as all the work she had been doing on Avatars lately had worn her out. Darrian tuned of the light in the chapel so the room was only illuminated by the moonlight outside and slowly the room fell into silence, only slight snoring or someone shifting about in their bedding could be heard.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:04 pm

He didn't know Igmar or Darrian very well but he nodded to Narim as he walked by, then spread out the blanket in the empty spot. He gave a small smile of thanks to Adjan as he nodded at him and lay down on his back, trying to relax. If he found himself unable to settle he tried a meditation for that purpose, feeling his shoulder muscles sink into the blanket and to the floor.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:24 am

When your body and mind finally relax and you fall asleep at first it is the almost dreamless sleep that comes with exhaustion, but then suddenly you begin to dream, but it is clearer than a dream usually are, it is more like a memory or a dream. You find yourself sitting by a wooden table, in your hands are a rough wooden bowl, you can feel where the knife had formed the thing, In the bowl are some sort of porridge and it is strange, the thing is neither salted nor sweetened with anything but some diced up apple, your current self would have found the food tasteless and boring, but in the dream you are enjoying the meal and the slight sweetness from the apple pieces give more than enough taste compared to what that self is used to.

Around you are a kitchen you realize, a large hearth was located against one wall and over it a cauldron of porridge was boiling, a cabinet against the other wall held plates and bowls, most of them wood but a few where made of pottery. The floor where large, uneven stone tiles. You take another bite of your porridge when the same tall, dark haired man you had seen in your earlier dream comes down into the kitchen, the man smiles at you but it is clear that he is concerned about something. You know this man, you know him well Carmon, you had known one another since you where apprentices during the Schism War you had saved one another's lives countless times and the young Tremere's advice had led your unit to many victories, and with that came status and recognition. Carmon was a kind man to, when he could he had spared the Diedne's apprentices and gotten the young Gifted placed with new teachers. Right in this dream you know this, you know this man, though you do not know much beyond that, though in the logic of a dream that lack of knowledge do not feel strange.

Carmon go to the boiling pot and lifts it of the fireplace before he fill a bowl of porridge for himself as well and sits down beside you. It is morning you realize. The dark haired man smiles to you and then begins to speak Latin.
"Salve Sodalis."
The dark haired man said as he sat down with his breakfast. You find your dream self smiling to the main you have known as a friend your whole life, though you are concerned about how worried he look, when you inquire about it Carmon sigh.
"It is probably nothing my brother, I have been called in to a general assembly of my House. I do not know why I feel so uneasy about it, but lately, I don't know there are rumors that not everything are as it should among the Tremere."
Carmon said and he looked at you and you realize that look was a plea for you to come with him, the man was concerned, even scared but he was to proud to ask outright, the problem was you where in the middle of developing a new spell, and then there where your young apprentice, your duties at the Covenant and surly Carmon would be safe on a meeting of his own House, what could possibly happen among his own? At least that is how you rationalize it when you do not offer to go with him, to have his back this time like he have had yours so many times during the war.
"Well in either case brother I am glad I caught you during breakfast for I ride out as soon as I have eaten, the grogs are readying my horse as we speak."
Carmon said as he took a bite of porridge and apple he smiled but that worry was still in his eyes.
"Let us have a nice bottle of wine together and share war stories once I return..."

The images of the old kitchen suddenly vanish as you feel someone's hand carefully touch your shoulder.
"Adley? It have been eight hours, Ryan's rote have ended."
You hear Adjan's voice say as the Euthanatos gently tap your shoulder to wake you up. Around you everyone is waking up, stenching and packing up their sleeping mats, blankets and other bedding. You see Adjan looks considerably more rested, outside though the stars are in nearly the same place as they where when you laid down to sleep, though you feel like you have had a full night's rest.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:34 am

The images of the old kitchen suddenly vanish as you feel someone's hand carefully touch your shoulder. "Adley? It have been eight hours, Ryan's rote have ended."

He started awake, eyes wide, already reaching for his knife but stopped as he realised it was Adjan. Not Carmon. Looking and feeling disoriented, he tried to recall the dream he was having, the kitchen...Carmon...things were not clear but he felt regret. He sat up. "Amicus meus," he muttered in Latin, sounding upset and talking to himself. He hadn't stopped him...he'd let him ride out alone even when it was clear he needed his help. "Cur detestatus sum nolite prohibere eum?" Too busy...oh why hadn't...he put a hand up to his face and took a deep breath and then let it out. It hadn't been him...something his avatar experienced with someone else. He hoped, otherwise he was going mad.

Tremere...after the Schism War. Oh, no.  

He opened his eyes again, a frown on his face and looked over at the Euthanatos. "Thank you Adjan; I'm sorry I was hard to wake...I was having...a dream." He looked around at everyone and gathered up this things, trying to get his mind back in the present.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:05 am

Adjan say nothing as you gather your thoughts, it was always best to let someone confused about a dream sort things out for themselves without rushing things.
"Hum...we all have dreams at times."
The Euthanatos said, he did not ask, dreams where personal and especially the dreams of a mage. Adjan simply gathered up his things and offered his hand to the young Hermetic to help him up.
"You where not that hard to wake but since you did not wake up with the rest I thought it was best to talk to you, I mean if you want to sleep more far be it for me to stop you, but there are seldom time for that, now is there."
The death mage said softly.

Around the room everyone where getting up and ready to leave the chapel. You see Cita looking considerably better as she rolled up her sleeping bag, her short brown and blue hair was a mess though and was jutting out in every which direction. In the middle of the room Ryan sigh and slowly stand, he had been maintaining the rote and focusing on that all this time. The cultist stretched and looked over the room. There where the murmur of soft conversation around the chamber.

Once he saw you where up Ryan walks over to you and give you a nod.
"I just wanted to say one thing Adley I know you are a busy man. I spoke with Morgan before I went up here, since he was having that meeting with the others while we where int he time bubble, I cast my vote about Beatrice beforehand. I do not like the idea of having a Fallen at the Chantry, but after what she went through last night, I could not bring myself to vote to expel her. Your mentor also told me about the kid in the basement. I am not happy with one Fallen and less happy with two. However if anyone could control such young mage, it would be Jeffry Morgan and...if he is just a random widderslainte and have no protection by Tradition law...well I would not leave a fifteen year old in Vittoria D'Angelo's hands and she would be able to do just about anything she wanted to him, so I cast my vote to allow Morgan to apprentice the kid, not because I think he can cleanse him, but because...well a fifteen year old kid...something are to terrible to contemplate. Now off course the decision is not mine, but I cast my vote to give Beatrice and the Fallen boy a chance. I do not know if it means anything but I wanted you to know that."
The Cultist said.
"Well then I am not going to take up more of your time, you should eat something for you it have been eight hours."
Ryan said as he prepared to leave.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:25 am

"You where not that hard to wake but since you did not wake up with the rest I thought it was best to talk to you, I mean if you want to sleep more far be it for me to stop you, but there are seldom time for that, now is there." The death mage said softly.

He didn't usually lie in anyway, even when he had the luxury there were other things to do. But now it was more critical. "No, there most definitely isn't. Thank you for waking me up."

Once he saw you where up Ryan walks over to you and give you a nod. "I just wanted to say one thing Adley I know you are a busy man. I spoke with Morgan before I went up here...but I cast my vote to give Beatrice and the Fallen boy a chance. I do not know if it means anything but I wanted you to know that." The Cultist said.

He was surprised. Of everyone Ryan had been the one most upset and there were good reasons for being upset about it. "Of course it means something, it means much to me that Beatrice will be able to stay and heal at her home." Perhaps some good could come for Raymond for helping to save the city.

"Well then I am not going to take up more of your time, you should eat something for you it have been eight hours." Ryan said as he prepared to leave.

"Thank you." He was grateful for the sleep. He hadn't gotten very good sleep in days and that hour that was eight had helped. He thought about porridge...porridge and it was dark outside but it felt like morning. "Yes, that's true." He checked the time - if there was enough, he then went to his apartment to make some oatmeal and take care of his morning routine.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:11 am

He didn't usually lie in anyway, even when he had the luxury there were other things to do. But now it was more critical. "No, there most definitely isn't. Thank you for waking me up."

Adjan nodded to that and said nothing he just helped you up and then tried to get his shoulder length hair into some sort of order but gave up, realizing he would need a mirror and a comb to do so.

He was surprised. Of everyone Ryan had been the one most upset and there were good reasons for being upset about it. "Of course it means something, it means much to me that Beatrice will be able to stay and heal at her home." Perhaps some good could come for Raymond for helping to save the city.

"Well I do not hold out much hope for her to be cleansed, I doubt such a thing is possible, but right now...well after hearing those screams last night..."
Ryan swallowed hard.
"I have never seen a Gilgul or well wanted to know much about it. It is rare to happen after all to anyone but Nephandi and are a uncomfortable topic to contemplate...I never knew how much it hurts it's victims and...while I am not pleased about not being told what Beatrice is, I can not help but feel sympathy after yesterday."
The Cultist said, he sounded conflicted in the matter but by the Code of his Tradition when in doubt he should follow his heart and his heart saw a young woman suffering and he would not add to her burden by voting to expel her from the Chantry.
"I hope she will recover."
Ryan said after a while.

"Thank you." He was grateful for the sleep. He hadn't gotten very good sleep in days and that hour that was eight had helped. He thought about porridge...porridge and it was dark outside but it felt like morning. "Yes, that's true." He checked the time - if there was enough, he then went to his apartment to make some oatmeal and take care of his morning routine.

Ryan nodded, he gave a tired smile, he had not slept, he had been maintaining a rote for eight hours straight.
"Well we all must do our part, now if you excuse me I think I will go to my room and get some sleep myself."
The Time Adept said.
"Have a good evening Adley."

There was just enough time for you to go to your apartment, clean up, do your evening rituals and make a simple meal before you had to meet your mentor and the rest that where going after the Nephandi's delivery. The time was now 21:10, your mentor had asked for you to meet him in his office at 21:30.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:41 am

Colin you wake up in your own bed, your head is spinning and you feel confused. All sounds are sharper, and smells more there, all colors are brighter, it is as if the world is both more real and more malleable around you. You feel like you are almost more you, it is strange and both frightening and wonderful at the same time. You feel the same euphoria you felt when you first Awakened. Beside your bed you see Freddy, she have been sitting playing a game on her phone but when she notice you move she put the phone down and take your hand.
"Colin...can you hear me?"
The Virtual Adept said in a worried tone of voice, she had clearly been watching over your body while you where in your Seeking and for a moment you see her as her twenty years older self before you realize that it was all a Mindsscape and that you are back in your body. Your flesh is tingling and your mind is spinning as you slowly wake up.

(OOC: Well then I will let you determine if Colin manage to succeed his seeking or not, the way I see it is that his Avatar wanted to teach him that his ability to connect with people and his compassion can be more powerful than his magick, that there are more ways than what most will call magick that changes reality. So do you think Colin succeeded? If yes then you can give him one more dot in Arete and give him back half his temporary Willpower points.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:19 am

((OOC: Yeah... Colin also learned that much as he cares for others, he can, apparently, be an outright manipulative bastard when backed into a corner... Razz Also, Woohoo, Arete 3. Very Happy Um... do the Willpower points round up or down? Ah, nevermind; rounding down for simplicity's sake.))

Colin sat up with a jerk and stared at Freddy for an instant, "I can hear you. Did we make it? Are our children safe?"
Then, the timeline sorted itself out, and Colin shook off the cobwebs. "Sorry, that was... ohhh... I had a glimpse of a future... you were in it, and that was good. And I... did something horrible to save you all..."
He scooped Freddy up in a bear hug, "I'm sorry, I seem to be a bit confused right now. Dinner? Oh, wait, what time is it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:45 am

Freddy looked confused at Colin when he begun to speak about children.
"What...children Colin?"
The Virtual Adept asked, then she smiled a little when the Orphan hugged her and put a hand on his shoulder.
"I am glad you are awake, I think you have been in a Seeking Colin so it is natural for you to be a bit confused."
Freddy said then she glanced at the other mage.
"Glimpse of the future, what do you mean?"
The young woman asked then she returned the hug and patted Colin on the back.
"It is nearly eleven in the evening, you have been out for hours but I feared it would be even longer. Listen let us have the dinner you planned tomorrow, for now just lay back in bed and get your wits about you and let me fix you something. I am not the greatest cook in the world but I noticed eggs in your fridge and I can manage an omelet, how do that sound?"
Freddy asked she was clearly concerned for Colin's well being.
"It is always strange to wake up out of a Seeking, everything is so much clearer, and at the same time confusing, it is called an Epiphany."
The young woman explained, she did not ask about the Seeking itself, that was a private matter and Colin would share it if he wanted to, but he would not pressure him.

(OOC: Congratulations then, Colin have passed the game's first Seeking.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Colin grinned, "Glimpse of a future. As in one possible path onward... Hm, that's funny; I remember you'd showed me how to punch a hole in space, and I remember quite literally doing so in the Seeking, but I can't remember how to do it... Ooooh, pen and paper, quick!"
He grabbed for the notepad and pen he kept on his nightstand, next to the phone charger, and tried to sketch the little dart fighter, the St. Victoria's Blade, the Heart of Horizon, and the Nephandi battlecruiser, as well as a quick sketch of Horizon seen from high above...
"Oh, an omelet sounds delicious, luv. I'm sorry if I seem a bit scatterbrained, but I need to try to put this to paper while I remember."
The pen paused for a moment, "Huh, I think I might have flustered Adley a bit again... Oh, well, I'm sure he can manage."

((OOC: Yay! Now, I guess Colin's on something similar to a sugar rush for a little bit, huh? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Freddy raise and eyebrow when you say she had shown you how to punch a hole through space.
"Interesting...I can certainly try to teach you though but our Paradigms are so different it never occurred to me to try."
The Virtual Adept said and gave you a smile, she is about to reach for the pen and paper to give you when you grab it yourself, she glances at the drawings.
"Umbral ships?"
Freddy asked as she looked at your drawings.
"That one is St. Victoria's Blade, I have seen it once, one of my magickal relatives if you will, an older student of my mentor works on board her as a navigator. It is the flagship of the woman who everyone call the Admiral, Alexis Hastings, they say she is likely to be the next Prima of the Sons of Ether, the first female leader of that Tradition."
The Technomancer said then she stood.
"What if you draw and write down what you need and I will make an omelet, and do not worry, I have been through two Seekings, one always feel...strange coming out of them."
Freddy said, she patted you on the shoulder again and then walked out into the kitchen to start making the two of you a simple meal, she grinned and poked her head back into the bedroom when you mentioned Adley, a box of eggs in her hands.
"Ah yes well that man is not that hard to fluster...I told him I was planning on tasting your spotted dick and I was sure the Hermetic was going to die right there in the hallway outside my room."
The Virtual Adept said and giggled before she went back to the kitchen.

(OOC: Well exactly how a mage experienced an Epiphany wary and are very individual, but yes a sugar high works, the books do not describe allot about them, other than that they are like a high and a rush of understanding but where the rest of one's mind have not exactly caught up. In one of the books, I think it was Orphans Survival Guide but I can be wrong there is a girl who had Awakened while having a tattoo done, and she described her epiphany as getting the endorphin high one would expect only it lasted for days. Another book, I think it might be the first edition Cult of Ecstasy book have one describing his epiphany as a rush of understanding so great he could not fully relate to the world around him for a while. I would say that the way epiphanies are described they like allot in Mage are probably based on real life occultism and if so you can look up accounts of occultists who have reached a new understanding, or for that matter those who are working with Kundalini, and generally a feeling of euphoria mixed with almost looking at the world with new eyes and everything feeling more real are described. How exactly you want to roleplay it are up to you though. System wise there really are nothing much to it, and optional rule is to let a Mage who are in an epiphany try to use a Sphere at up to two dots more than he or she have if they are in an extreme situation, and I will use that, but Colin would not be aware that such a thing could happen and the possibility of it happening will only last for the day or two when he is in the epiphany until everything settle down.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Colin nodded at the drawing of St. Victoria's Blade, "That would be the one, yes. Remarkably progressive lady; she'll rename the tradition to Children of Ether once she takes the seat..."
He paused and blinked. "Huh, I just realized I never caught a glimpse of the Shara from the outside. Which is odd since she was the one I was assigned to... The Nephandi Battlecruiser was a disturbing sight, in and out, though... Oh, I should probably draw the layout of that thing, too. Horrible thing; the control panels were operated through a harp strung with catgut, with the cat still alive. Lousy security, though; could be accessed by a lucky chap plucking random strings. Say, do you know if Cita Telar has built the Heart of Horizon yet? If not, do you think I should show her the drawing of her flagship?"
He smirked at the description of Adley's response, "Oh, yes, he flusters easily. You should have seen how he choked on his food when I commented on usually having faggots for dinner on Thursdays. Good kid, but needs to grow a little thicker skin in that regard."

((OOC: I've had a few epiphanies of my own, as such; they're kinda-sorta awesome, if a bit unsettling. A rush of frenetic energy and creative drives would certainly fit a Pattern Avatar, swiftly sorting and building on the fresh insights and new understandings, eh? Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next