Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Colin nodded at the drawing of St. Victoria's Blade, "That would be the one, yes. Remarkably progressive lady; she'll rename the tradition to Children of Ether once she takes the seat..."

"You sound like you have seen the future."
Freddy said as she regarded you.
"I have never met Hastings but from what I hear about her, it would not surprise me if she did rename the Tradition to make it more friendly to female mages, the Etherboys can be a tad bit sexist at times."

He paused and blinked. "Huh, I just realized I never caught a glimpse of the Shara from the outside. Which is odd since she was the one I was assigned to... The Nephandi Battlecruiser was a disturbing sight, in and out, though... Oh, I should probably draw the layout of that thing, too. Horrible thing; the control panels were operated through a harp strung with catgut, with the cat still alive. Lousy security, though; could be accessed by a lucky chap plucking random strings. Say, do you know if Cita Telar has built the Heart of Horizon yet? If not, do you think I should show her the drawing of her flagship?"

Freddy looked a bit confused.
"I have never heard about most of what you are talking about here. I have heard about Nephandi Battle Cruisers though, one of them was involved in the battle for Mus they say, but I really do not know to much about that either."
The Virtual Adept said then she nodded.
"I do not personally know Master Telar, however there are rumors that she have been able to make an artificial phylactery, a Umbral ship, but that is all I have heard, rumors, I do not know if it is complete, or how it looks or anything about it. Showing her the drawings are not a bad idea though, it might help you determine if what you saw is a glimpse of a possible future, or just something your Avatar made for you to teach you the lessons you needed to learn."
The young Virtual Adept said.
"However Spheres, such as in this case then Time manifesting during a Seeking is not unheard of, so anything you can do to verify one way or the other would surly be useful."

He smirked at the description of Adley's response, "Oh, yes, he flusters easily. You should have seen how he choked on his food when I commented on usually having faggots for dinner on Thursdays. Good kid, but needs to grow a little thicker skin in that regard."

Freddy grinned.
"Well hanging out with you my dear I am sure you will be able to thicken his skin sooner or later"
She said.
"Do you like your omelet a little runny or well done?"
She added before she hurried back to the kitchen.

(OOC: Yes I have had a few of those myself, not many but a few and I feel the same way about it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Colin traced one of his scars with the back end of the pen, pondering, "I don't believe the future is set in stone; pending key decisions and events in the present, it is ever in a state of flux. If I saw an actual future, I would sincerely doubt it to be the only possible one - in fact, I should dearly hope not, seeing as Steelhaven Hall was destroyed by the Technocracy some time after our victory against the Nephandi... Shit, there was an incoming transport tonight; has that been dealt with?"
He shook his head, "If my glimpse has any accuracy, the most terrifying thing is that Beatrice has this one shot at repairing her Avatar; if she's killed in the Union assault on Steelhaven Hall, her next incarnation will become the Handler of a Battlecruiser, comparable to... hm... a Shadow Ship in Babylon 5, I think. I don't think it will be possible to untangle that nightmare again afterwards... I'll show Cita the image, just in case."
While Colin talked, the pen flew across the page.
"I prefer it just a little runny; there's a bottle of Worcestershire sauce in the cupboard above the stove; a few drops of that works wonders. You know, i think I should try to sculpt the ships in my workshop; three dimensions would give a far more accurate representation of them than doodles on a page. I should get on that tomorrow or so, if there is time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Colin traced one of his scars with the back end of the pen, pondering, "I don't believe the future is set in stone; pending key decisions and events in the present, it is ever in a state of flux. If I saw an actual future, I would sincerely doubt it to be the only possible one - in fact, I should dearly hope not, seeing as Steelhaven Hall was destroyed by the Technocracy some time after our victory against the Nephandi... Shit, there was an incoming transport tonight; has that been dealt with?"

"I do not think the future is set in stone, hell reality itself is not so why should time. Almost everyone I know who manipulate time in any way say that it all depends on free will and that time is malleable, however there is still a difference between a possible future and just your imagination."
Freddy said then she frowned when you said that in your Mindscape you had seen Steelhaven destroyed by the Union.
"Now that is pretty grim."
She muttered.
"Hum...well Morgan and his merry men went out a while ago to stop the transport and they have not returned yet, but I do assume they will handle things, I hope so at least, for whatever the Nephandi wants, we do not want them to get."

He shook his head, "If my glimpse has any accuracy, the most terrifying thing is that Beatrice has this one shot at repairing her Avatar; if she's killed in the Union assault on Steelhaven Hall, her next incarnation will become the Handler of a Battlecruiser, comparable to... hm... a Shadow Ship in Babylon 5, I think. I don't think it will be possible to untangle that nightmare again afterwards... I'll show Cita the image, just in case."

"Hum...now that is not a comforting thought...I guess we all will just have to protect her then and keep her alive."
Freddy said as sh plucked at one of her blue cyber dreads.
"If this is her one chance to cleanse her Avatar, she will just have to stay alive until that is done, and let us hope the Union do not decide to attack this place. However yes showing Telar the image can be wise, just to be sure, and if there is any truth to your visions perhaps we can use them to avoid such problems."

"I prefer it just a little runny; there's a bottle of Worcestershire sauce in the cupboard above the stove; a few drops of that works wonders. You know, i think I should try to sculpt the ships in my workshop; three dimensions would give a far more accurate representation of them than doodles on a page. I should get on that tomorrow or so, if there is time."

"A bottle of...hum...ah yes here it is...a few drops you said?"
Freddy asked as she worked on the omelet and you hear that something is being fried in a pan out there.
"You know I can probably make some 3D models on my computer so you have something more detailed to work from, I can get on that if you describe the ships to me, as soon as we have eaten."
The Virtual Adept offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Colin nodded, "It's a grim possibility - but not entirely unlikely; if the Union finds out that we're weakened and fatigued after mopping up a Labyrinth... Perhaps if we could make some armistice and recruit their aid for the battle... But that's above my pay grade. Though I suppose it is possible we might recruit some assistance from those chaps at the airport... Something engineers, I think? I understand they are less murderiffic than the remainder of the Union, regarding the Traditionalists. And yes, a few drops; it's what you Americans refer to as a hot sauce; a little goes a long way, much like that Tabasco stuff I've seen whenever someone's decided to serve up allegedly Mexican food in the common rooms. Those 3D models sound like a convenient idea; the drawings should serve as a good starting point, should they not?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Colin nodded, "It's a grim possibility - but not entirely unlikely; if the Union finds out that we're weakened and fatigued after mopping up a Labyrinth...

"Yeah, I mean that is why we have some safety here in a well established Chantry, it is easy enough for the Technocracy to take out one mage, however if you press thirty willworkers into a corner then chances are that the city around you will be believing in magick when all is said and done. I read this fantasy series a while back, you liked those the way I understood it, where just that happened, you had one group of mages who wanted to take out some other mages but the hunted ones had banded together in one place and then they turned the tables on the one that came to take them out it works like that in real life as well."
Freddy said as she glanced into your fridge to see if you had any salad.

Perhaps if we could make some armistice and recruit their aid for the battle... But that's above my pay grade. Though I suppose it is possible we might recruit some assistance from those chaps at the airport... Something engineers, I think?

Freddy sigh, her smile faded and she was quiet for some time and you only hear her fetching two plates and working on the food then finally she said.
"I do not like the idea of working with the Union Colin..."
The Virtual Adept said after a while, her voice not holding her usual cheerfulness.
"They tortured me, opened my skull and cut up my brain...they would have fed me to the Computer if my mentor had not saved me...that is the kind of thing you do not soon forget...I mean you can not see it when you look at me, all that is left are the scars that my hair hides, but the nightmares, headaches and...well I...do not have a good image of the Technocratic Union, let us just say it like that."
Freddy said and sigh.
"But I guess if it keeps the Chantry safe I will do what I have to. And yes the guys at the airport are called the Void Engineers, they are well...think the Spacing Guild from Dune."

I understand they are less murderiffic than the remainder of the Union, regarding the Traditionalists.

"The Void Engineers have so far refused to take part in the Pogrom, that is the systematic hunting and killing of mages and other Awakened, they will kill when threatened and do take a part in the war but they do not hunt magi just for being magi and the other Technocrats have to tolerate their decision because well to go back to the Duna analogy, they are the bloody Spacing Guild and if the other Crats want access to their Umbral realms and holdings they need them."

And yes, a few drops; it's what you Americans refer to as a hot sauce; a little goes a long way, much like that Tabasco stuff I've seen whenever someone's decided to serve up allegedly Mexican food in the common rooms.

"Ah..well a few drops then I get it...hum...do you have any paprika...never mind I found it. Also do you want your bread regular or toasted?"
Freddy said from the kitchen.

Those 3D models sound like a convenient idea; the drawings should serve as a good starting point, should they not?"

"Yes they should be a place to start, I can start working on them once we have eaten...which reminds me the omelet is done, I only need to toast some bread, so if you feel up to it you can come out to the living room and we can eat."
Freddy said as she cut the omelet in two and put half on each plate.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:02 pm

"Well I do not hold out much hope for her to be cleansed, I doubt such a thing is possible, but right now...well after hearing those screams last night..." Ryan swallowed hard. "I have never seen a Gilgul or well wanted to know much about it. It is rare to happen after all to anyone but Nephandi and are a uncomfortable topic to contemplate...I never knew how much it hurts it's victims and...while I am not pleased about not being told what Beatrice is, I can not help but feel sympathy after yesterday."

He nodded. "Perhaps not much hope is needed, just some - just enough." Or perhaps he was a fool but one that was willing to try to find a solution for something nearly impossible. But there was some proof...and they were here, but he could not imagine they had a good rest if they heard any of what had transpired.

"I hope she will recover." Ryan said after a while.

"So do I," he said, his expression troubled.

"Well we all must do our part, now if you excuse me I think I will go to my room and get some sleep myself." The Time Adept said. "Have a good evening Adley.

He gave Ryan a nod and said before he left, "Sleep well, Mr Darehill."

He ate a bowl of oatmeal and did his banishing ritual, still feeling as if it were morning. With that came the urge to check on Beatrice, Colin, Raymond, and Tobias. But there wasn't time right now and he knew they were being cared for, thankfully. He had a few minutes left though before his pater had asked him to see him but since there was so much going on he figured he might as well go early - and bring coffee. He filled a thermos up and headed downstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Colin nodded, "I've got no particular fondness for the Union, either - however, they are still a human organization, with mostly human members. Some of them can be more or less reasonable and susceptible to negotiation, and I am speaking from personal experience, though we rather did have the upper hand in Agent Kessinger's case. However, the idea of an armistice for the battle against the Fallen would be as much luring them to use up precious resources fighting the Fallen instead of fighting us. Listen carefully, Feyd. Observe the plans within plans within plans."
He smirked and put his notebook aside, glancing down at his ruined shirt and casually wringing it off before looking for one without blood and bullet holes, "Toasted would be excellent. I'll be right there, just let me get a whole shirt."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Adley:

He nodded. "Perhaps not much hope is needed, just some - just enough." Or perhaps he was a fool but one that was willing to try to find a solution for something nearly impossible. But there was some proof...and they were here, but he could not imagine they had a good rest if they heard any of what had transpired.

"Well...I would be happy to be wrong about this."
Ryan said.
"Both for Miss Alexander's case and those like her, but also because it would be a very nice fuck you to the Nephandi to be able to say, do you know what we did with your widderslaintes bitches? We cleansed them, that's what we did."
The Cultist said and offered a small smile.
"So while I might not be to hopeful, I do wish your hope pans out Mr Roth Hicks."
The Time Adept said.

"So do I," he said, his expression troubled.

Ryan nodded he looked down and said nothing more about it, but he could see that you where troubled about it, but there was nothing he could say that would help.

He had a few minutes left though before his pater had asked him to see him but since there was so much going on he figured he might as well go early - and bring coffee. He filled a thermos up and headed downstairs.

You see that Adjan have probably been asked to join the strike team as well for he stood waiting outside of your mentor's office, the Euthanatos had showered and combed his hair into a neat ponytail again and he give you a nod as you arrive, you see that the death mage have two daggers in his belt and a gun. Ingmar Rush arrive a few moments later, it was logical to bing him as well, the Verbena was a decent healer. Soon thereafter Jeffry Morgan came and he indicated that you all should follow him into his office.

A few minutes later the entire strike team was gathered in the Security Chief's small office. Adjan, Rush, Antonio, Francesca, Jeffry and yourself.
"Very well then since we are all here, let us briefly go over the plan before we go."
Your mentor says, wasting no time to get down to business.
"We know the Nephandi are receiving a transport today, and we have been able to trance the car and Master Sharaya have calculated a good place for us to strike, a stretch of road that are little used by sleepers at this time of day, they will be there in about half an hour and we will stop them. Now this is what we will do Mr Terach will have two main jobs, one is to use his powers to stop the car in question, the other is to try to create a field around the area so sleepers just so happen to stay out...if that fails I will stop the car using more...direct methods. Now once the car is stopped Me, Terach, Adley and Riez will attack the drivers and take them out, as always I would prefer to take these Nephandi alive, but I will settle for stopped, we do have some indication that the cargo they are hauling are corrupted tass though so be somewhat careful. Rush and Mandis will stay back and call for backup if things go wrong. Now if things go wrong, Adley you and Miss Mandis will protect Rush since he is our healer. Rush you will provide assistance to any wounded as needed, and the rest of you will do your best to just destroy that car if anything else fails, we can not let it get into Nephandi hands, though be aware that if they are hauling tass, directly attaching the car and destroying them, might cause a magickal explosion wiping us all out as well so let us try to avoid it."
Jeffry said then he looked at the gathered magi.
"So any questions?"

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I've got no particular fondness for the Union, either - however, they are still a human organization, with mostly human members. Some of them can be more or less reasonable and susceptible to negotiation, and I am speaking from personal experience, though we rather did have the upper hand in Agent Kessinger's case.

"I know, I know."
Freddy sigh and she shakes hear head.
"I just do not like the idea of trusting the bastards that is all."
She muttered angrily.

However, the idea of an armistice for the battle against the Fallen would be as much luring them to use up precious resources fighting the Fallen instead of fighting us. Listen carefully, Feyd. Observe the plans within plans within plans."

Freddy grinned.
"Yeah...you can be somewhat sneaky at times Colin, do you know that."
The Virtual Adept said with a smirk.

He smirked and put his notebook aside, glancing down at his ruined shirt and casually wringing it off before looking for one without blood and bullet holes, "Toasted would be excellent. I'll be right there, just let me get a whole shirt."

"Oh don't feel the need to dress on my account."
Freddy said and grinned.
"The toast should be done by the time you are ready, do you want some salad, I could chop up something quickly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Colin smirked a bit for himself, "Multilateral thinking is part of an officer's training - some show greater aptitude for it than others, but no RAF officer is unable to come up with multiple approaches and outcomes for a plan..."
He looked at his rack of shirts for a moment, "You know, it is late; it'd be a shame to waste a clean shirt for what there is left of the evening. I'll take you up on that. And some salad sounds good, too."
He walked into the bathroom and quickly rinsed off any residual blood and dirt from the debacle in the woods, and looked at the thin scratches on his forearm. "Oh, yes, that's right, I might've made a new friend tonight. A most charming owl... I think I shall have to get a new jacket with reinforced sleeves; I just might see him again."
Strolling back out to the living room, he smiled, mopping off the last moisture with a towel, and poking lightly at the pinker spot of skin on the otherwise shaggy chest. A chest surprisingly devoid of scars, considering the state of his face.
"I hope you don't have too strong objections to people wearing fur," he said with a wink, "and I'm sorry about the lack of a television. If there's a TV series or movie, I usually use the computer; a TV seemed like a needless expense."
He nodded toward the triple-screen setup on the corner table, "I'm sure you have a fancier setup, but it serves nicely for my flight simulators. Might need to upgrade the video cards again, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:52 pm

"...Both for Miss Alexander's case and those like her, but also because it would be a very nice fuck you to the Nephandi to be able to say, do you know what we did with your widderslaintes bitches? We cleansed them, that's what we did." The Cultist said and offered a small smile. "So while I might not be to hopeful, I do wish your hope pans out Mr Roth Hicks."

He felt a small smile tug at the corner of his mouth. "As a wise man once told me, we're mages, are we not?" Hope springs eternal in the heart of a fool. Still, better to be slightly foolish in that way then closed minded to the point of never looking for another answer. He'd always taken the ways of doing things of the Order had set down to him to be the best way and often enough they were, at least for him. But over the last few days, it seemed wrong to apply the same solution to every problem. It was a bit too much like the pogram. "What you allow, will continue," he muttered, thinking of Carmon. And Beatrice and Hannah. And Raymond. All these people that he'd asked to do something brave...well, fool as he was the least he could do was try. "That would be an unintentional bonus."

You see that Adjan have probably been asked to join the strike team as well for he stood waiting outside of your mentor's office, the Euthanatos had showered and combed his hair into a neat ponytail again and he give you a nod as you arrive, you see that the death mage have two daggers in his belt and a gun. Ingmar Rush arrive a few moments later, it was logical to bring him as well, the Verbena was a decent healer. Soon thereafter Jeffry Morgan came and he indicated that you all should follow him into his office.

"Good morning Adjan," he said. "Or evening, it feels like morning." When everyone got in, he listened to the outline of the plan and then nodded. His part was simple - capture or kill the Nephandi, don't throw fireballs into the car full of tass and protect the healer if they needed to fall back. "Once we have neutralised the Nephandi, what do we do with the corrupted tass? I don't want to bring it back here. An amount that large would be traceable. Perhaps if they need it enough they will waste some of their resources trying to reclaim it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:19 pm

Colin:

Colin smirked a bit for himself, "Multilateral thinking is part of an officer's training - some show greater aptitude for it than others, but no RAF officer is unable to come up with multiple approaches and outcomes for a plan..."

"Well that can certainly be useful, since we are actually living in the middle of a bloody four sided war."
Freddy said and sigh.
"It is odd and scary to think about it like that but it is what it is, if it is one thing mages are good at, it is hating one another, and we are supposed to be the enlightened ones."
The Virtual Adept said and scoffed.

He looked at his rack of shirts for a moment, "You know, it is late; it'd be a shame to waste a clean shirt for what there is left of the evening. I'll take you up on that. And some salad sounds good, too."

"Sounds good to me, I will make a quick salad and have it ready for when you get in here."
Freddy said as she worked on the food.

He walked into the bathroom and quickly rinsed off any residual blood and dirt from the debacle in the woods, and looked at the thin scratches on his forearm. "Oh, yes, that's right, I might've made a new friend tonight. A most charming owl... I think I shall have to get a new jacket with reinforced sleeves; I just might see him again."

"An owl? Interesting, one of Duncan's?"
Freddy asked.

Strolling back out to the living room, he smiled, mopping off the last moisture with a towel, and poking lightly at the pinker spot of skin on the otherwise shaggy chest. A chest surprisingly devoid of scars, considering the state of his face.

Freddy let her eyes wander over Colin's body for just a moment, she did not openly stare but she did look and gave a slight smile to show she liked what she saw before she placed two plates full of omelet with cheese and ham, buttered toast and a simple salad on the table and gave Colin one of the plates.
"Here some food will do you good. I hope it is okey though, like I said I am not the best cook in the world."
The Virtual Adept said a bit uncertain.
"Like you saw I mostly live on microwave food."

"I hope you don't have too strong objections to people wearing fur," he said with a wink, "and I'm sorry about the lack of a television. If there's a TV series or movie, I usually use the computer; a TV seemed like a needless expense."

"I have a TV for my playstation, that is cheaper than a monitor that size, but I usually use my computer for movies and TV series as well. And I do not mind anyone wearing fur, I prefer it if animal parts used for well anything come from someone who have treated the animals well though, but everything in nature kill one another for food and necessity so no I do not mind...and yes a Virtual Adept can talk about nature."
Freddy said and grinned.

He nodded toward the triple-screen setup on the corner table, "I'm sure you have a fancier setup, but it serves nicely for my flight simulators. Might need to upgrade the video cards again, though."

"Well your set up seams quite usable actually. I will have a look at it once we have eaten but it seams quite workable."
The Technomancer said and smiles.

Adley:

He felt a small smile tug at the corner of his mouth. "As a wise man once told me, we're mages, are we not?" Hope springs eternal in the heart of a fool. Still, better to be slightly foolish in that way then closed minded to the point of never looking for another answer.

"That we are, that we are Mr Roth Hicks."
Ryan said with a grin.

"What you allow, will continue," he muttered, thinking of Carmon. And Beatrice and Hannah. And Raymond. All these people that he'd asked to do something brave...well, fool as he was the least he could do was try. "That would be an unintentional bonus."

"Well once this crisis is over and we can all catch our breath, perhaps your ideas can move forward."
Ryan sigh then he added.
"My mentor always says that if one do not oneself have belief in a better way at least one should not stand in the way of those that do."

"Good morning Adjan," he said. "Or evening, it feels like morning."

"Well yes it do feel like morning, and in a way it is according our internal clocks. Impressive rote that one that Mr Darehill performed, and yes good evening."
Adjan said and nodded.

When everyone got in, he listened to the outline of the plan and then nodded. His part was simple - capture or kill the Nephandi, don't throw fireballs into the car full of tass and protect the healer if they needed to fall back. "Once we have neutralised the Nephandi, what do we do with the corrupted tass? I don't want to bring it back here. An amount that large would be traceable. Perhaps if they need it enough they will waste some of their resources trying to reclaim it."

"We will have to see what amounts we are talking about, if it is manageable, I would like to take it to some abandoned area, or perhaps out into the Umbra and put a guard on it and see if we can use it to snag us some Fallen, if not we also take it to some abandoned area and destroy the tass as safely as possible."
Your mentor said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:52 pm

"We will have to see what amounts we are talking about, if it is manageable, I would like to take it to some abandoned area, or perhaps out into the Umbra and put a guard on it and see if we can use it to snag us some Fallen, if not we also take it to some abandoned area and destroy the tass as safely as possible."

He nodded. "Very well." He looked thoughtful. "There is the option of trying to turn it into a Trojan Horse against them since it is headed for their Labyrinth...a bomb. I'm not sure how, nor am I sure it would actually work. I would suspect it, at least, myself if I were them. But it could be an option, if a desperate one if the initial plan does not seem to work out. Likewise, the other way around, I think we should consider that that is what this car load of tass is or could be, if used against us as well. A bomb or a trap, ready to take out as many of us as possible," he said grimly. "If we stop the car they might just blow it, and themselves, up." He looked over at his pater. "I don't suppose our prisoner was forthcoming?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Colin shrugged, "Well, I can't seem able to really hate anyone - not for a few certain ladies' lack of trying - though I've yet to rule out any brain damage from taking a missile to the face twenty years ago. Whether it's some mental barrier to prevent dredging up pain, or my Avatar trying to tell me it's irrational and unproductive, I can't really say, but even when facing a Fallen wanting to gut me, the only thing I could do was talk to her kindly, and give her a loving hug... before stabbing her to death and apologizing."
Colin frowned shuddered and sat down heavily in a chair, deep, black shadows appearing under his eyes.
"Good God, I can do horrible things to people I am fond of. Even if that was just in my head, a very realistic dream, that's... more underhanded and manipulative than I want to be."
Shaking it off a little, he accepted the plateful of food, "This does look delicious, though. It's rather astounding how well anyone can cook when they are hungry, however little practice they might have. And yes, one of Duncan's. A sweet, trusting little fellow, though I expect he was mostly reassured by his father's presence. A relationship which, I might add, is still not the strangest I've encountered. Well, in fiction, at least; I don't quite think I've seen anything else quite as unusual in real life yet."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Adley:

He nodded. "Very well." He looked thoughtful. "There is the option of trying to turn it into a Trojan Horse against them since it is headed for their Labyrinth...a bomb. I'm not sure how, nor am I sure it would actually work. I would suspect it, at least, myself if I were them. But it could be an option, if a desperate one if the initial plan does not seem to work out.

"Well yes I could cast a rote on a pile of tass to make a modern Ball of Abysmal Flame that will go off after a set amount of time, however doing so would be dangerous, especially since if it blows before it get into the Labyrinth's realm, it will take out all of that suburban area, if not most of Boston as well, but I could probably think up a safer method, however if I where them I would check the tass for tampering before brining it into the Labyrinth, so unless the gaggle of Nephandi over there are stupid, and let us all pray that they are as it would make thing easier, however if such pleas to the beyond are not answered then I doubt that we will get a Trojan horse in that way."

Likewise, the other way around, I think we should consider that that is what this car load of tass is or could be, if used against us as well. A bomb or a trap, ready to take out as many of us as possible," he said grimly.

"I have considered that."
Jeffry said and he good a dark expression in his eyes.
"And like I said something like a Ball of Abysmal Flame, given enough fuel and a competent mage setting it up can easily take out half a city, but even beyond that, a car full of tass, that will be one hell of an explosion, we are taking an enormous risk here. But we can not just let the Nephandi get this Tass either.

"If we stop the car they might just blow it, and themselves, up." He looked over at his pater. "I don't suppose our prisoner was forthcoming?"

"No he was not and I went as far as I felt was responsible when it came to try to pressure him given that our time is limited."
Jeffry said and his expression said he had not liked his task but nor did he regret it.
"I have one idea to get him to talk quickly but it is pretty grim."
Adjan said and folded his arms across his chest.
"Perhaps to grim."
You mentor raised an eyebrow.
"And that would be Mr Terach?"
The old Hermetic asked.
"Threaten to Gilgul him here and now, he is a Nephandus so unless he have defected from one of the Traditions he have no right to a trial. Threaten to do it here and now, either yourself or have our vampire guest do his thing."
The Euthanatos said. Francesca glanced at her Traditionmate.
"Would not that be his fate anyway?"
Adjan nodded his face hard and unreadable.
"Yes probably, but if he is sent to Horizon there can go weeks or perhaps longer while he is processed in the system, if I where in his shoes I would like to postpone such a fate as long as possible."
The death mage said simply. Jeffry Morgan looked doubtful.
"It would be an efficient threat yes but you are right Mr Terach that is pretty dark, and I think we have seen just about enough of that ritual around here don't you think, also for a threat to be credible there have to be some truth to it, and while I might be able to do such a thing, I do not want to make myself into a soulrender...that being said the threat alone might make him talk and quickly, though we do not have much time now."
The old mage said and sigh.

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "Well, I can't seem able to really hate anyone - not for a few certain ladies' lack of trying - though I've yet to rule out any brain damage from taking a missile to the face twenty years ago. Whether it's some mental barrier to prevent dredging up pain, or my Avatar trying to tell me it's irrational and unproductive, I can't really say, but even when facing a Fallen wanting to gut me, the only thing I could do was talk to her kindly, and give her a loving hug... before stabbing her to death and apologizing."

"You are a unique man Colin."
Freddy said and she actually blushed.
"You she the best in everyone, and that is beautiful and you are still able to act and do what have to be done. Perhaps it is your Avatar for hate is seldom productive, it eat at the hater more than the hated, but I can not seam to keep myself from hating though, hating the Technocracy who tortured me and later killed my mentor...I feel a burning hate inside of me, but you are right it is not productive, it is not a good thing, but I can not let it go."
The Virtual Adept said softly.
"Was that what happened in your Seeking, the Nephandus wanting to gut you I mean?"
Freddy said then she apologized.
"Forgive me, it is none of my business, one mage's Seeking his his own I should not ask, that is between you and your Avatar..."

Colin frowned shuddered and sat down heavily in a chair, deep, black shadows appearing under his eyes.
"Good God, I can do horrible things to people I am fond of. Even if that was just in my head, a very realistic dream, that's... more underhanded and manipulative than I want to be."

Freddy put a hand gently on your arm, for a while she said nothing.
"Sometimes we have no choice Colin and we have to do horrible things."
The Virtual Adept whispered.

Shaking it off a little, he accepted the plateful of food, "This does look delicious, though. It's rather astounding how well anyone can cook when they are hungry, however little practice they might have.

"Or when they want to try to impress a man they might so happen to fancy."
Freddy said and blushed again and looked down at her own plate.
"Well dig in..."
She said the a little, soft smile.

And yes, one of Duncan's. A sweet, trusting little fellow, though I expect he was mostly reassured by his father's presence. A relationship which, I might add, is still not the strangest I've encountered. Well, in fiction, at least; I don't quite think I've seen anything else quite as unusual in real life yet."

"I have seen some of Duncan's owls, they are cute...hum so he have a mate in his owl form then."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Well whatever makes him happy I say."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:25 pm

...unless the gaggle of Nephandi over there are stupid, and let us all pray that they are as it would make thing easier, however if such pleas to the beyond are not answered then I doubt that we will get a Trojan horse in that way."

"Unfortunately, they don't seem to be stupid. Though yes what I've said is incredibly risky and would have potentially devastating side effects. It was more that I was thinking of the fact they might try it against us. And...perhaps checking it over for tampering is what could set it off." He had no qualms that what he'd said was risky and somewhat stupid, given that he was considering that the car could be a trap and you never knew what mages could do when they thought they had no other options. Their House Founder was proof of that.

"And like I said something like a Ball of Abysmal Flame, given enough fuel and a competent mage setting it up can easily take out half a city, but even beyond that, a car full of tass, that will be one hell of an explosion, we are taking an enormous risk here. But we can not just let the Nephandi get this Tass either.

"Of course not. They're less concerned about the effect on the populace than we are. I'm glad we're trying to take them off the beaten track as much as possible."

""I have one idea to get him to talk quickly but it is pretty grim." Adjan said and folded his arms across his chest. "Perhaps to grim." Threaten to Gilgul him here and now, he is a Nephandus so unless he have defected from one of the Traditions he have no right to a trial. Threaten to do it here and now, either yourself or have our vampire guest do his thing." The Euthanatos said. Francesca glanced at her Traditionmate.

He frowned at Adjan, trying to keep his temper. "No," he said flatly. "I would rather our vampire 'guest' not be used as a threat or tool to rend an avatar." His recent dream recently had done nothing to improve his opinion of using vampirism as a weapon, even in theory. And if the threat were to have to be fulfilled...

"It would be an efficient threat yes but you are right Mr Terach that is pretty dark, and I think we have seen just about enough of that ritual around here don't you think, also for a threat to be credible there have to be some truth to it, and while I might be able to do such a thing, I do not want to make myself into a soulrender...that being said the threat alone might make him talk and quickly, though we do not have much time now."

"We could threaten to take him somewhere else to have it done but again it would take time to make such a ruse believable. I will defer to whatever you think is best given our circumstances."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Colin took a deep breath, "I was on the Shara, a zeppelin carrier, defending Horizon from a heavy Nephandi assault... You and our three children were down on Horizon, while I was up in the battlefield. The St. Victoria's Blade and Heart of Horizon were laying down fire on the Nephandi battlecruisers - huge, hideous megashoggoths - but the rate of fire was low. The battlecruiser fired of several broadsides for each of ours. I hopped into a small fighter dart - a beautiful little machine - and tried a strafing run to knock out the enemy artillery. It was... well, partially successful, at least; I knocked out one cannon, but it managed to knock out my engine, as well. I made a rash judgment call and tried to guide our fire through the temporary hole in the defenses. As it happened, my fighter survived the impact and ended up inside the abomination; it was a horrible flesh-thing with an assortment of machines jammed into places where machinery had no business being, eyeballs and hair growths on walls and ceilings, strange, fleshy harps to interface with console stations, that sort of thing. In any case, I managed to move some distance mostly unnoticed, or at least without setting off alarms, but I was eventually discovered and, hm, captured. I was quite roughly dragged to the brain of the ship; the Handler's chamber, where a twelve years old little girl sat, linked though her Avatar to the giant creature. A twelve year old girl who was Beatrice's reincarnation. We talked, she wanted to kill me, but she could not understand why she held back... Her Avatar remembered me, remembered my kindness in giving Beatrice a rose to help her focus when she was attempted gilgulled. It... trusted me, let her open up enough to accept a gesture of friendship, probably for the first time in her life. And then, as she was crying softly against my chest, more vulnerable and human than she had been since she was a toddler, I... picked up her knife and murdered her, so the battlecruiser would turn away from Horizon, and our ships could obliterate it."
Colin took a bite of the omelet and chewed slowly, sniffing a little and wiping a tear from his cheek.
"It... is a bit much to take in. I did the worst of things for the best of reasons; it might be lauded as a noble sacrifice, or a necessary deed in this life, but murdering a child who trusted me is still not something I'd want on my conscience when I go to meet my maker."
Swallowing and grabbing another bite, he chuckled a little, "Someone you fancy, is it? And here I thought you were only after my spotted dick. Hum... Do me a favour, though, and don't let Duncan know I told you. He seemed a little embarrassed by it, for some reason. Might have encountered some less understanding colleagues, I suppose."
He chewed another bit of omelet, then started devouring it in earnest, "Heavens, I haven't eaten in hours! Dinner was supposed to be, what, five hours ago?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Adley:

"Unfortunately, they don't seem to be stupid. Though yes what I've said is incredibly risky and would have potentially devastating side effects. It was more that I was thinking of the fact they might try it against us. And...perhaps checking it over for tampering is what could set it off."

"Yes, yes they have rigged up a trap they would expect us to check it which could cause it to blow."
Jeffry said and it was clear he did not like the situation.
"We still have to stop that car though, no matter the risk, though what bothers me is that the risk might be beyond us, a big Quintessence explosion could...well let us just say it would give the Union allot to cover up."

"Of course not. They're less concerned about the effect on the populace than we are. I'm glad we're trying to take them off the beaten track as much as possible."

"I just hope that we corner them enough of the beaten path if something go wrong."
Your mentor said, concern in his voice.

He frowned at Adjan, trying to keep his temper. "No," he said flatly. "I would rather our vampire 'guest' not be used as a threat or tool to rend an avatar." His recent dream recently had done nothing to improve his opinion of using vampirism as a weapon, even in theory. And if the threat were to have to be fulfilled...

The Euthanatos looked surprise at your sudden burst of emotion since you where usually rather composed and reserved.
"I apologize if I have offended you."
He said calmly. Jeffry to gave his apprentice a surprised look but he merely said.
"I agree with my filius, for various reasons using Mr Lenoe for this threat is not a wise choice, one of those reasons being that if we did so then our Nephandic prisoner would wake up a vampire, hungry and with one thought in mind, revenge, that seam an unnecessary risk to take."
The old mage said.
"Also I would like to keep as much knowledge of the danger these creatures pose to our kind as I can from the good Mr Lenoe, since he is indeed a guest and will eventually be released to continue his existence in peace. I do not want to leave him with ammunition he could use against us."

"We could threaten to take him somewhere else to have it done but again it would take time to make such a ruse believable. I will defer to whatever you think is best given our circumstances."

"No if such a threat where to be effective it would have to have a shock effect, he know he will eventually face such a fate so another threat of it eventually happening will do nothing, marching in there and grabbing his Avatar though...that should scare him...not that I particularly cherish the idea of grabbing such a foul spirit."
Jeffry Morgan said and he considered for a moment then he said.
"Very well, we need all the answers we can get. I will need one or two people to help me hold him down, he is restrained but it is not enough, the rest of you go to the garage and wait."
The old Hermetic said and he got a grim look on his face.
"Let us see what answers we can get out of this bastard."

Colin:

Colin took a deep breath, "I was on the Shara, a zeppelin carrier, defending Horizon from a heavy Nephandi assault... You and our three children were down on Horizon, while I was up in the battlefield.

"We had children? You and me? Interesting..."
Freddy said and gave a little grin as she picked at the omelet with her fork.

The St. Victoria's Blade and Heart of Horizon were laying down fire on the Nephandi battlecruisers - huge, hideous megashoggoths - but the rate of fire was low. The battlecruiser fired of several broadsides for each of ours. I hopped into a small fighter dart - a beautiful little machine - and tried a strafing run to knock out the enemy artillery. It was... well, partially successful, at least; I knocked out one cannon, but it managed to knock out my engine, as well. I made a rash judgment call and tried to guide our fire through the temporary hole in the defenses. As it happened, my fighter survived the impact and ended up inside the abomination; it was a horrible flesh-thing with an assortment of machines jammed into places where machinery had no business being, eyeballs and hair growths on walls and ceilings, strange, fleshy harps to interface with console stations, that sort of thing.

"Well that do sound like a lovely decor."
Freddy said and grinned her nose.
"I have heard the Nephandi do that though, that the walls of their Labyrinths are all flesh, I would not know for sure however as I thankfully have never seen the inside of one."
She said then she nodded.
"I can see you as a pilot of a Umbra ship though, I think it would suit you."

In any case, I managed to move some distance mostly unnoticed, or at least without setting off alarms, but I was eventually discovered and, hm, captured. I was quite roughly dragged to the brain of the ship; the Handler's chamber, where a twelve years old little girl sat, linked though her Avatar to the giant creature.

Freddy listened in silence for a while as you told her about your Seeking, ever now and again she chewed on a piece of her food though it was rare for a mage to share is Seekings with another and the young Virtual Adept felt honored that Colin would trust her enough to share it with her.

A twelve year old girl who was Beatrice's reincarnation. We talked, she wanted to kill me, but she could not understand why she held back...

The Technomancer gasped a little at this.
"Beatrice's reincarnation."
She muttered.
"Well if she should happen to die, she would be reborn Fallen, a prime target for recruitment into the Nephandi so it do make sense."

Her Avatar remembered me, remembered my kindness in giving Beatrice a rose to help her focus when she was attempted gilgulled. It... trusted me, let her open up enough to accept a gesture of friendship, probably for the first time in her life. And then, as she was crying softly against my chest, more vulnerable and human than she had been since she was a toddler, I... picked up her knife and murdered her, so the battlecruiser would turn away from Horizon, and our ships could obliterate it."
Colin took a bite of the omelet and chewed slowly, sniffing a little and wiping a tear from his cheek.

Freddy sigh, she stood and put a hand on Colin's shoulder and just stood like that for a while then she said.
"I think that if what you experienced was any glimpse into the future then Beatrice would have wanted you to do what you did she would not want to destroy Horizon and kill thousands, hell she even have a painting of the place in her room, I saw it when I was in there borrowing a dictionary from her a while ago, it is one of the few normal paintings she have. In either case you did what you had to do. I mean what if one of the Masters of this Chantry, one of those we know so well went Marauder and started attacking the city, they would have to be stopped, and with this girl you speak of, at least she got to be cared for before she died."
The young mage said softly.

"It... is a bit much to take in. I did the worst of things for the best of reasons; it might be lauded as a noble sacrifice, or a necessary deed in this life, but murdering a child who trusted me is still not something I'd want on my conscience when I go to meet my maker."

"No, it is not..."
Freddy said simply.
"Let us just make sure that future never comes to pass, if there is anything real in that Seeking you hand and it was not just a tool your Avatar used to teach you something, then we will stop it from happening, all we need to do is keep that Verbena girl alive right?"
The Adept said, she still stood beside you though with a hand resting softly on your shoulder.

Swallowing and grabbing another bite, he chuckled a little, "Someone you fancy, is it? And here I thought you were only after my spotted dick. Hum... Do me a favour, though, and don't let Duncan know I told you. He seemed a little embarrassed by it, for some reason. Might have encountered some less understanding colleagues, I suppose."

"Oh I am after that to...I love...desserts."
Freddy said with a grin.
"And your secret is safe with me, I am not going to tell Duncan, hell I hardly know him, I only see him every now and again when he visits Steelhaven, usually to see his Covenmates that live here."

He chewed another bit of omelet, then started devouring it in earnest, "Heavens, I haven't eaten in hours! Dinner was supposed to be, what, five hours ago?"

"We said six in the evening so yes, five hours ago."
Freddy said and returned to her seat to let Colin eat and she had some of the salad and omelet herself as well.
"I hope it do not taste to disastrous."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:54 pm

"I apologize if I have offended you." He said calmly.

"You haven't offended me...there is no need to apologise. I feel strongly about this, however." No was still the reply, that much was clear.

"No if such a threat where to be effective it would have to have a shock effect, he know he will eventually face such a fate so another threat of it eventually happening will do nothing, marching in there and grabbing his Avatar though...that should scare him...not that I particularly cherish the idea of grabbing such a foul spirit." Jeffry Morgan said and he considered for a moment then he said. "Very well, we need all the answers we can get. I will need one or two people to help me hold him down, he is restrained but it is not enough, the rest of you go to the garage and wait." The old Hermetic said and he got a grim look on his face. "Let us see what answers we can get out of this bastard."

Adley looked at the Chief, ready to eat his own words, since he just said he'd do what he thought was best. "I don't think touching his avatar is a good idea." Beatrice's avatar touched him back after all and he hadn't been threatening it. But he was under that material in the syringe. Even so, he -still- didn't think it was a good idea..."He might say anything just so you stop." His lips pressed into a thin line. He didn't want him to do it - even if the man was going to be sent to that rite later. And probably deserved it, if anyone did. "Was there anything on the phone we got that supports his involvement or knowledge in the tass transport?" He checked the time again and once again realised he didn't have a watch. He was getting that feeling of wasting time again...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:08 pm

Colin smiled, "Well, I suppose it's only natural I tell you everything; I have fresh memories of us being married for twenty years, after all."
He wolfed down the rest his omelet, along with the toast and salad "And this tastes better with every bite, hunger notwithstanding. Mmm, pity the pudding takes two hours to cook; otherwise I'd have dessert at the ready right away."
He absentmindedly wiped the corners of his mouth with his hand, "That was delicious... hm... please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd really like not to sleep alone tonight. I'm ever too much the gentleman to propose anything untoward, but... I feel rather vulnerable and exposed right now. It might be because of the seeking, or because I suffered some... unpleasant mental assaults in the battle with the Fallen tonight, but I really don't want to be left on my own..."
He blinked for a moment, and looked around for his jacket, "That reminds me, I should let Adley and Chief Morgan, at least, know that I'm... hm... where is my jacket, anyway? It should be a dark blue, with mud stains, blood stains and a bullet hole in it..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 am

Adley:

"You haven't offended me...there is no need to apologise. I feel strongly about this, however." No was still the reply, that much was clear.

Adjan nodded to this, he did not say anything, he just nodded in acknowledgment.

Adley looked at the Chief, ready to eat his own words, since he just said he'd do what he thought was best. "I don't think touching his avatar is a good idea." Beatrice's avatar touched him back after all and he hadn't been threatening it.

"No it is not a good idea."
Jeffry agreed as he glanced at his apprentice.
"Nor is running into this missing with less knowledge than we could have, as for risk verses reward, the risk is not that great, however...I do not want to touch it..."
The old Mage admitted.

"He might say anything just so you stop." His lips pressed into a thin line.

"That is less of an issue as there are fairly simple rotes to determine if someone is lying."
The old mage said matter of factly.

He didn't want him to do it - even if the man was going to be sent to that rite later. And probably deserved it, if anyone did.

Jeffry Morgan sigh and looks at his apprentice he could see the younger mage's hesitation.
"No I do not want to do this...there are lines I do not want to cross."
The old war mage said hesitantly.
"I do not want such a thing on my conscience, but I can think of nothing else to make him talk quickly, making the prisoner talk, that is not a problem, everyone talks eventually but that will take time, we need this information now. The logical choice is to take Mr Terach's advice. And it is hypocritical of me to send this man to such a fate by the hand of others and not being willing to make the threat myself...however such a thing...do something to you and soulrenders....well you met Master Tolle, they say soulrenders loose a part of themselves in the process. However I am a Deacon at this Chantry it is my duty to keep you all safe, and this city as well, and hopefully the prisoner will fold and all I will have to do is threaten him."
The old Mage said, the rest of the magi in the room looked rather uncomfortable over the whole discussion though.

"Was there anything on the phone we got that supports his involvement or knowledge in the tass transport?" He checked the time again and once again realised he didn't have a watch. He was getting that feeling of wasting time again...

"Other than that text from what appears to be his apprentice saying that the Labyrinth's second in command wanted him to take part in the transport's welcoming committee no, but then there very few important letters on the device. Narim is working on the phone now, but our prisoner have been smart enough to delete every message that is about anything important of his phone and also not store any phone numbers with names. It is infuriating when one's enemies are smart."
The old Hermetic grumbled.

Francesca spoke up.
"Listen I am against this whole thing, let us not turn into them, we are all stressed, tired and angry and we are putting ourselves in danger, but threatening a prisoner with Gilgul while giving his Avatar a good shake, it might work yes...but is it the right thing to do? Are we actually winning if we go to far and step over the line of right?"
The young Euthanatos spoke as she fingered the frills on her black petticoat.
"Not that I have any right to say what a Master of the Art should do, but I would rather risk my life to some sort of trap, than she the Chief soil his principles in any way, for we will need him to survive this conflict."
The young woman said an Antonio nodded slowly.
"I am with Miss Mandis."
He said calmly.
"I say we just go and hope for the best here, try to do some long distance divinations perhaps that any security on the transport might not detect."

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Well, I suppose it's only natural I tell you everything; I have fresh memories of us being married for twenty years, after all."

Freddy smiles a little over that.
"Well that is a nice thought."
She mutters.

He wolfed down the rest his omelet, along with the toast and salad "And this tastes better with every bite, hunger notwithstanding. Mmm, pity the pudding takes two hours to cook; otherwise I'd have dessert at the ready right away."

"Well we will have to do that tomorrow, either Adley or Duncan must have put the dinner you where preparing in the fridge so it can hopefully be competed tomorrow."
Freddy said and she seamed pleased that you enjoyed the simple meal she had cooked.
"I have a box of ice cream in my room, I could fetch that for dessert."
She offered.

He absentmindedly wiped the corners of his mouth with his hand, "That was delicious... hm... please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd really like not to sleep alone tonight. I'm ever too much the gentleman to propose anything untoward, but... I feel rather vulnerable and exposed right now. It might be because of the seeking, or because I suffered some... unpleasant mental assaults in the battle with the Fallen tonight, but I really don't want to be left on my own..."

Freddy reached out and touched the other mage's hand, she looked into his eyes for a moment and gave a soft smile.
"I will stay."
She said then she added.
"As for anything untoward, I would not mind...I...like you. I have liked you for a while. However I would prefer to wait until you have not just suffered a massive shock. I am not a choir girl, I have taken men to my bed, and mot of them, it have meant nothing, they have been a night's diversion, and while I do not regret that, if we...go that route eventually I want it to mean something, to be because we both want to for the right reasons. It do not have to be a deceleration of forever, but it should mean something for I...well like I said...I like you."
The young Virtual Adept said and blushed again then she looked away a little uncertain.

He blinked for a moment, and looked around for his jacket, "That reminds me, I should let Adley and Chief Morgan, at least, know that I'm... hm... where is my jacket, anyway? It should be a dark blue, with mud stains, blood stains and a bullet hole in it..."

"Your jacket in on the chair by your bed, I can get it."
Freddy said and stood.
"I am sure Adley will be glad to hear you are allright, he looked quite worried about you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:24 am

Colin smiled, "You get the ice cream, I'll get the phone... And thank you; I'd like your company for the night... and likely more than tonight, as well. I'll admit, I'm hardly untouched myself, though I'll allow, it's only been sporadic and, well, probably some pity involved since I got out of the air force. It can be rather difficult to, how to put it, socialize when one not only has a certain anxiety problem in crowds, but also has a face which, quite frankly, looks like it had a direct encounter with a Stinger missile. Which, in my case, is essentially what happened. I agree, though - we should not rush things... I, or rather, my Avatar, seems to expect things will happen between us in due time, and I have no objections to that."
He glanced toward a little cupboard next to the computer, "Say... what flavor is that ice cream, by the way?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:32 am

Jeffry Morgan sigh and looks at his apprentice he could see the younger mage's hesitation. "No I do not want to do this...there are lines I do not want to cross." The old war mage said hesitantly. "I do not want such a thing on my conscience but I can think of nothing else to make him talk quickly, making the prisoner talk, that is not a problem, everyone talks eventually but that will take time, we need this information now. The logical choice is to take Mr Terach's advice...

He hadn't meant to dig all this up, he had just wanted to make sure they'd characterized the potential risk of the situation adequately. One thing for sure, this was wasting time, another commodity they didn't have, much as he hated to admit that he hadn't meant to turn this into a moral debate on prisoner information extraction. At the same time, saying nothing didn't sit with him either. Not with the fact he didn't think that his pater wanted to do this. Damnation. He just felt like doing this would harm him somehow, his avatar perhaps, some principle of contagion just for touching Diego's avatar for doing something like that. None of that was logical, or at least not much. And if he did it, if they did and it did work...then Hannah was right enough, wasn't she?

There was a good reason why his pater, was the Chief of Security, a Deacon and had survived several hundred years as a Flambeau. Adley knew he should trust him, -did- trust him, would not think anyone else would make the best of such a decision...the man had taught him almost everything he knew. Adjan had provided him with good advice earlier as well. Worse, he had no better ideas. And he knew that they had to do things, sometimes that they didn't want to do. Because they needed to do them, they were necessary, to protect the Chantry. He tried to think about the implications of not going after the information in this way. They all died, or worse got captured. Parts of Boston blown to hell, Sleepers hurt. The domino effect continued, that without all of them the Labyrinth would succeed in their plan...

How much of that was borne of fear, hubris, guilt and worry? Or was it an honest feeling of foreboding that this was just a bad idea and would bear bad results? He thought it wouldn't work - would harm him and in result, them as a whole. Being they were both Flambeau, he couldn't let fear or hubris be the deciding factors and he knew that his pater wouldn't stand for it either. And guilt and worry were part of the former...it wasn't his decision, ultimately and he'd had his say, illogical as it had been. His stance did not change while the others spoke, he knew that he would come to his decision and that would be that. He just hoped it would be the right one.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:02 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "You get the ice cream, I'll get the phone... And thank you; I'd like your company for the night... and likely more than tonight, as well. I'll admit, I'm hardly untouched myself, though I'll allow, it's only been sporadic and, well, probably some pity involved since I got out of the air force. It can be rather difficult to, how to put it, socialize when one not only has a certain anxiety problem in crowds, but also has a face which, quite frankly, looks like it had a direct encounter with a Stinger missile.

Feddy smiled and nodded.
"I will be right back then. I will get the ice cream, my phone charger and tooth brush so I can stay the night."
She then she stopped and listened to you.
"I see your scars Colin, but I do not mind them however I can see how they would be an issue for many, I mean we are visual creatures and often it can be hard to see beyond society's idea of beauty. I have always liked your eyes however, you have kind eyes."
The young woman said and touched Colin's hand again gently.
"And as I got to know you I no longer see your scars as anything than part of you."
The Technomancer said softly.

Which, in my case, is essentially what happened. I agree, though - we should not rush things... I, or rather, my Avatar, seems to expect things will happen between us in due time, and I have no objections to that."

Freddy nodded then she smiles.
"Thank you I...well it is a long time since it have meant anything beyond fun and company for a while. Once I meet someone I want it to mean more with, I do not want to mess it us."
The young Virtual Adept said.

He glanced toward a little cupboard next to the computer, "Say... what flavor is that ice cream, by the way?"

"One of those boxes with three flavors, strawberry chocolate and vanilla, as there any particular flavor you wanted?"

Adley:

Jeffry Morgan took a deep breath.
"This is not about morality it is about practicality I am afraid. Our Protocols say, Protect the sleepers for they are ignorant of what they do, most mages that that to mean, do not go out of your way to harm sleepers but it do not, it means protect them, they lack the understanding and power that we have. I am not interested right now in a debate, or the morality of it, I am interested in knowing is it worth the time to go and try to scare our prisoner for information now, or just go and hope for the best."
The old mage said as he put his own fears and concerns aside and focused on the task ahead.
"Mr Terach I want you to do a quick rote to determine the probability that our prisoner know the information we are looking for, that will determine if we try to squeeze him more right now or not."
The old war mage said and the Eutanatos nodded and pulled his dice out of his pocket. The Sphere of Entropy often worked in indirect ways and while just ripping the information from Diego's mind could be difficult or scrying on the Nephandi could be detected, just a simple rote to see the probability that the Nephandus knew something relevant however would probably be to vague to set of any alarms.

Adjan stood and threw his dice on the Chief's desk then he looked at the two bone dice for a few seconds to read the result then he replied.
"In my opinion the chance that this prisoner know whatever or not the transport if booby trapped is minimal. Now off course such a rote as this is never certain, however that is what my dice say."
Chief Morgan nodded then he headed for the door.
"Then gentlemen and Miss Mundis, we go for the car now, it is our our best bet."
Antonio nodded and begun to walk out of the office as well.
"Could you do the same thing on the transport Adjan?"
He asked. The Euthanatos paused to collect his dice.
"I could I can do that in the car though I prefer to do it once we see that the transport is in a desolate area. Such a rote have less of a chance to set something off than direct scying, but there is always a chance. But I will cast the dice again once we see the car, but like I said the result is not certain."
Adjan said as he joined the rest of you in walking towards the garage. Jeffry Morgan was acting as a warrior now and he made his decision based on what was most likely going to get him results, and this time harming the prisoner was not it.

Once the group got to the garage Jeffry said.
"Adley and Miss Mundis with me, the rest of you take the station wagon, we might need two cars."
Jeffry said and got into the drivers seat of his own car, the man moved with a purpose now, he would stop that transport no matter what.
"Let us go."
He simply said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:31 am

He waited quietly to see what the outcome was on the dice reading. At least it would tell them if it was (probably) worth the bother, because if it weren't...He was right...the Sleepers did deserve to be protected and they didn't have time for a debate. That -was- a practical concern. When the order was given to go to the cars, he nodded and then turned and headed down to the garage for the car. If he'd just kept his mouth shut in the first place they wouldn'tve lost several minutes...the result would have been the same. He got into the car, strapped in and checked over his weapons again to give him something to focus on.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:55 am

Once everyone was in the cars they left the Chantry. No one said allot since everyone was one edge.You drive for a little over 20 minutes and make it out of the main area of the city and some of the suburban areas surrounding it, then you get to an industrial neighborhood that lay a bit to the side by itself. Now late in the evening no one was here, there was no reason to drive into this area and cars was rare.
"Well we made it on time...now we wait."
Your mentor said as he glanced out the front window and turned of the car's headlights, there where no reason to alert the Nephandi that they where there, the station wagon who had parked on the other side of the road did the same.

Chief Morgan's phone made a soft sound, he had put it on silent, it had taken you hours last week to show him how to do that. Jeffry answers the phone and nods.
"Thank you Master Sharaya."
He said then he said to the two of you in the car.
"They are headed this way according to Narim."
Jeffry signaled the other car, and you can just barely see Adjan nodding across the street since the illumination in this area was not the best, most of the factories here where run down or closed and the city just did not want to waste money keeping it lit.

You then see the headlights of a car approaching. The Chief gets a text message and read it.
"Mr Terach says that his divination is inconclusive. At least nothing blew up when he did that. Now let us see if he can stop the car."
The old mage said. He muttered a few Latin phrases to ready himself for battle...then a little ways ahead of you the car stopped.
"Let us go, we need to take them quickly and decisively in case they have anything planned and remember they might have friends from the Labyrinth coming to meet them, I want this done as far as possible."
Jeffry said as he hurried out of his car and rushed towards the other vehicle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next