Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Colin nodded, "It will have to be a solid piece of shrewdness, certainly - I'd rather not plan on Union assistance, to use such a word, without at least two or three contingencies and failsafes in case they should decide to include us in their list of targets. And in any case, I'd need to be updated on whatever information was gathered after I, well, fell asleep. Nevertheless, options should never be dismissed without at least a bit of consideration, however distasteful they may be..."
He pondered, "So, her expectation of execution wasn't necessarily based on current law, so much as pragmatic precedent... Hm, I rather feel a little guilty about the idea now. Though, to be fair, I'm not entirely opposed to the possibility that she might survive such an attack and make her escape into the Umbra with her friend in an unguarded moment... She may be insane, but she's not irrational or malicious, I should say. Granted, Master Nassa would be a better judge of her character than I am, having known her longer, but she certainly has a certain... nobility to her; you know, the sort where people who have power apply morals to themselves first, rather than using their power just to make their surroundings fit their ideas instead."
Colin chuckled, "Recall my background, Sir. I'm an RAF veteran officer with combat experience; we're trained to eat insomnia and excess frustration with our tea. And perhaps I would be apt at it when I've grown in power... or perhaps I shall follow a different idea; found perhaps a House of Orphans dedicated to negotiating between the Orders, beholden to none and loyal to all... If I can help Master Nassa acknowledge than at least some Hermetics are good people, aided by exceedingly specific examples, of course, then maybe I do have what it takes to be a diplomat?"

((OOC: Technocracy? Nah, this is clearly Nephandic technomancy at the core. Eating posts like that is Entropic, not Static. Wink Also, it ate my post again, but this time, I had already made a copy, so HAH! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:47 am

Ah, yeah, sorry. He's like a brother to me.

Just parley before. There are lots of them that, actually, just doesn't understand. Two out of 9 traditions in fact, so, don'd be too rash to judge. Killing innocents won't make it any better.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:06 am

Adley:

"You do not need to bow to me, Mr von Hess," he said again.

"Thank you Sir...some habits die hard."
The hedge wizard said. None of the mages at Steelhaven treated him as any less for being a linear mage, but his experiences from before he came here still marked him.

When he heard the state of Raymond he sighed. "We are trying," he said. "There may be yes, things are looking better than they were, there is hope. But that is all dependent on how things proceed."

"Good...that is good new Sir. I find I kind of like the kid, he is smart and considerate and have quite a personality."
The Sons of Ether said with a little smile then he lowered his voice.
"If your plan to save him do not work...is is possible for me to train him? What I practice do not require an Avatar do it? Perhaps he could find meaning in it..."
The hedge wizard said and looked down.

Then he looked to the door and remembered he'd put up a ward on it, which he'd have to see to and then put back up after he was done speaking with him. "Has anyone come to relieve you since last night Mr von Hess? Do you know if there is someone on rota after you?"

"No I have been here all night Sir, but my wife came down here with dinner for me and a plate for the kid as well. Mr Bergen the Cultist said that he planned to come and take over for me soon though, I just hope he will be kind to the child, he can be a brash man."
Anton said then again he looked like if someone would hit him for in any way speaking ill of an Awakened mage.

He waited for him to answer one way or the other and then drew his knife and began a plainchant so he could get through without setting off any alarms.

The ward is being stubborn and yes it is still up, but after a few tries you do managed to open it so you can enter the makeshift cell. You find Raymond sitting on the bed, the kid looks rather tired but he is trying to hide how scared he was and gave you a smile.
"Hi."
He said and scratched his head. Fear lurked in his eyes though, he was caught by the bogymen his father ha warned him about all his life, and he knew they would hurt him and hurt him badly it was just a matter of time.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It will have to be a solid piece of shrewdness, certainly - I'd rather not plan on Union assistance, to use such a word, without at least two or three contingencies and failsafes in case they should decide to include us in their list of targets.

"Oh we are on their list of targets, we are just hopefully further down than the Fallen."
George commented dryly.

And in any case, I'd need to be updated on whatever information was gathered after I, well, fell asleep. Nevertheless, options should never be dismissed without at least a bit of consideration, however distasteful they may be..."

"I am sure Mr Roth Hicks will be able to update you Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"I agree and especially at our current situation we need to be sure to weigh all our options regardless of what they are to survive the coming battle."
He said in a grave tone of voice.

He pondered, "So, her expectation of execution wasn't necessarily based on current law, so much as pragmatic precedent... Hm, I rather feel a little guilty about the idea now. Though, to be fair, I'm not entirely opposed to the possibility that she might survive such an attack and make her escape into the Umbra with her friend in an unguarded moment... She may be insane, but she's not irrational or malicious, I should say.

"That is correct. If she had been a Traditionalist there would be a long list of laws she had broken which quite possibly would have lead to an execution, though it would not be a guarantee, but she is not a member of the Traditions not before she went Marauder and not after. I think it is unlikely however that the Deacon Council will vote to let her go, since she is so dangerous but it might happen. If she should escape with her friend after becoming a weapon against the Nephandi for us though...well that would not be a bad outcome in my mind, and having someone dependent on her for care might just keep her in check."

Granted, Master Nassa would be a better judge of her character than I am, having known her longer, but she certainly has a certain... nobility to her; you know, the sort where people who have power apply morals to themselves first, rather than using their power just to make their surroundings fit their ideas instead."

"I will have to talk with Master Nassa and giving the Marauder a chance will at least please him as he is clearly fond of her and do not want to see her just executed."
George said and nodded.
"Yes she have a certain nobility about her in all her madness, and for me, while I am not quite as old as the time she believe she lives in, her world is much closer to the one I remember from my youth than this world of glass towers, cars and toxic waste filling the air."
The ancient mage said almost sadly.
"She is an interesting old lady."

Colin chuckled, "Recall my background, Sir. I'm an RAF veteran officer with combat experience; we're trained to eat insomnia and excess frustration with our tea. And perhaps I would be apt at it when I've grown in power... or perhaps I shall follow a different idea; found perhaps a House of Orphans dedicated to negotiating between the Orders, beholden to none and loyal to all... If I can help Master Nassa acknowledge than at least some Hermetics are good people, aided by exceedingly specific examples, of course, then maybe I do have what it takes to be a diplomat?"

"You would be a good diplomat Mr Wainwright, you have a way to get others to see your points and talk to anyone regardless of their status. Who know what the future will bring you, but you do have many options, and a House for Orphans is not a bad idea, it could better their standing in the Traditions, something they badly need."
George said and nodded.

Tane:

Ah, yeah, sorry. He's like a brother to me.

"I have heard tales of them, but never met one. My fiance once found one of their kind wounded on the beach, someone had finned him with a silver blade and left him to die. My lover nursed him back to health, he was a healer as are most of his kind, but that is the only contact he had with the Rokea."
Henrietta said.
"There was allot of were-everything else that visited our small cottage looking for my fiance's help and healing though."

Just parley before. There are lots of them that, actually, just doesn't understand. Two out of 9 traditions in fact, so, don'd be too rash to judge. Killing innocents won't make it any better.

"Well the Void Engineers are one thing, I will not harm one of them unless they get in my way, the other though they have the Pogrom, they hunt all the Awakened, that means every supernatural creature us included, I have no mercy for them."
Henrietta said bitterly.
"They had no mercy for a healer who just wanted to help people, so why should I show them any?"

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:45 am

"If your plan to save him do not work...is is possible for me to train him? What I practice do not require an Avatar do it? Perhaps he could find meaning in it..." The hedge wizard said and looked down.

"Thank you for thinking so much of his welfare, I'm glad that he's had someone that cares enough to think of his future. But we shall see," he said. He didn't want to tell him that after such a thing the poor kid would probably not want to live and if he did...it might be hard for him to take him up on his offer.

"No I have been here all night Sir, but my wife came down here with dinner for me and a plate for the kid as well. Mr Bergen the Cultist said that he planned to come and take over for me soon though, I just hope he will be kind to the child, he can be a brash man."

"Thanks to your wife then as well." The man had been up all night then. "It's been a long night I'm sure you could use some rest when your relief arrives." It was with a pang of frustration that he had to try three times to get his own rote down but at least it did not go off with a false alarm. Perhaps better now than later, that was the way of magick sometimes.

"Hi." He said and scratched his head. Fear lurked in his eyes though...

"Hello Raymond. The Cheif has sent me with some encouraging news and also to give you another dose of the magic suppressant. I am sorry this is necessary but for now it is. Still, he told me that there is hope for you, though you are not out of the woods and that he will be down himself when he can to talk to you.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:53 am

"Thank you for thinking so much of his welfare, I'm glad that he's had someone that cares enough to think of his future. But we shall see," he said. He didn't want to tell him that after such a thing the poor kid would probably not want to live and if he did...it might be hard for him to take him up on his offer.

"I know it is more than the magick for the true mage Sir."
The Sons of Ether said softly.
"And that such a loss would devastate him I...just want to offer him something and it is the only thing I can think of."
Anton said and glanced at the door to the cell with kind, sorrowful eyes.

"Thanks to your wife then as well." The man had been up all night then.

"I will tell her that then Sir."
Anton said and smiles.

"It's been a long night I'm sure you could use some rest when your relief arrives."

"Thank you, I will get some rest when Mr Bergen arrives."
The hedge wizard said but it was clear that he worried how the Norse Cultist would treat the young prisoner.

"Hello Raymond. The Cheif has sent me with some encouraging news and also to give you another dose of the magic suppressant. I am sorry this is necessary but for now it is. Still, he told me that there is hope for you, though you are not out of the woods and that he will be down himself when he can to talk to you.

Reymond winces a little when you mention the magick suppressant.
"I hate needles."
He mutters.
"And I hate not being able to use magick more, I feel like I sit in a dark room with no sound, like if something is constantly missing."
The boy complained but he did not rise from the bed to do anything that indicated he was going to resist.
"There is hope?"
The boy muttered and looked quite surprised.
"My dad said that your Traditionalists would..."
The kid swallowed hard and turned away so you would not see the tears in his eyes.
"I have been afraid of when someone would come in here to...I...well ehm you say there is a chance that I will not be hurt in such a way?"
Raymond said and looked at you, it was clear the kid was quite terrified but trying his best to hide it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:18 am

"I know it is more than the magick for the true mage Sir."The Sons of Ether said softly. "And that such a loss would devastate him I...just want to offer him something and it is the only thing I can think of." Anton said and glanced at the door to the cell with kind, sorrowful eyes.

He nodded. "Thank you all the same, hopefully it will not come to that."

"Thank you, I will get some rest when Mr Bergen arrives." The hedge wizard said but it was clear that he worried how the Norse Cultist would treat the young prisoner.

"If you think someone should talk to Mr Bergen, then you can pass on my number. There are a few things I have to do first but I will see if someone on the watch or myself can drop in, I can't say for sure. I hope with your explanation he will understand what is required, even if he is as you say, not as personable as some."

Reymond winces a little when you mention the magick suppressant. "I hate needles." He mutters. "And I hate not being able to use magick more, I feel like I sit in a dark room with no sound, like if something is constantly missing." The boy complained but he did not rise from the bed to do anything that indicated he was going to resist.

"Most people do not like them. And I know, it is not pleasant...it must be very off putting."

"There is hope?" The boy muttered and looked quite surprised. "My dad said that your Traditionalists would..." The kid swallowed hard and turned away so you would not see the tears in his eyes. "I have been afraid of when someone would come in here to...I...well ehm you say there is a chance that I will not be hurt in such a way?"

"I know. You are not quite out of the woods yet as the saying goes but all is not lost either. My pater will explain more when he comes down to see you. Now, I have to give you this shot, I'm sorry to say but best to get it over and done."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:18 am

He nodded. "Thank you all the same, hopefully it will not come to that."

The Sons of Ether nodded.
"Yes I hope the kid can be saved in some way Sir."

"If you think someone should talk to Mr Bergen, then you can pass on my number. There are a few things I have to do first but I will see if someone on the watch or myself can drop in, I can't say for sure. I hope with your explanation he will understand what is required, even if he is as you say, not as personable as some."

"I do not think Mr Bergen is a bad man Sir but like I said he can be rash and our prisoner here is a fifteen year old kid, I fear Mr Bergen might scare him. I will try to talk to him and will let you know if there is any trouble."
Anton said softly.

"Most people do not like them. And I know, it is not pleasant...it must be very off putting."

"It is...it is like...you know when you are sick and it feels like your body are wrapped up in cotton so the smallest tasks become a chore? Like you know you can get up and get a glass of water but when you try you just do not have the strength to stand...it is like that but inside of you instead."
The kid said trying to explain.
"I am used to magick to feeling things around me, but now there is silence and when I try to listen it feels like my mind is full of cotton."
Raymond looked down and shivered.

"I know. You are not quite out of the woods yet as the saying goes but all is not lost either. My pater will explain more when he comes down to see you. Now, I have to give you this shot, I'm sorry to say but best to get it over and done."

Raymond nodded he looked a little bit more hopeful but he was still scared.
"I will take any hope I can keep my magick."
He muttered then he nodded he knew resisting would not get him anywhere so he pushed up the sleeve of his sweater to reveal his thin upper arm, you see that the area where he had gotten the last injection was red and swollen with thin red veins coming out of the injection sport, whatever was in that potion was probably not to good for people and especially mages. Raymond looked away he did not want to see the needle go in.
"It makes me nauseous, whatever is in that shit."
He mutters.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, thank you for the help, Sir. I must see about locating Mr. Roth Hicks and get properly updated on the most recent events, and have that little word with our Fallen guest. Hm, and I should make sure to pick a solid aide for that interview, as well."

((OOC: Would this be about when Colin notices Adley's response? Colin's been sitting there for a while, after all...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:06 am

"Very well, you do that and remember to be careful when talking with the prisoner, he is a dangerous man, also do not expect to much, he have not been willing to say anything thus far and Jeffry went as far as he thought he morally could to get him to talk, meaning I suspect the Nephandus needed healing when our Security Chief was done with him."
George said with a sigh.
"Yes bring someone with you that can help you in case there is problems, I do not want to see you hurt Mr Wainwright."

(OOC: Yes let us say Colin notice the response just about now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 am

Colin shrugged, "While I find it hard to sympathize with Diego, I'll not apply torture... nor will I take foolish risks in handling him. Magically bound and impeded, he still has some combat training, I expect - likely a fair match for any one resident of this Chantry. But as the SAS say, if you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already... erred. Well, good day, and I hope to have the illustrations added to the transcript sometime today; I just need to verify the image of Heart of Horizon with Mistress Telar first."
He fished out his phone at the soft tones coming from it, "Ah, and it seems Mr. Roth Hicks is available shortly... good timing, then."
Colin took a short bow, and left the room to type out a reply, "Have a question for Diego. Presumably in one of the cellar guest rooms? Meet me there; I won't see him alone."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:08 am

Colin shrugged, "While I find it hard to sympathize with Diego, I'll not apply torture... nor will I take foolish risks in handling him. Magically bound and impeded, he still has some combat training, I expect - likely a fair match for any one resident of this Chantry.

"I sympathize with whoever he was before he was corrupted, however as he is now he is a monster. I come from a time Mr Wainwright when torture was a common thing, however in my career as as a Quaesitor I begun to get the feeling that torture did not always give the most reliable results as prisoners under torture tend t say whatever they think will make the pain stop."
The old mage said then he sigh.
"But I do not know if there is always an alternative available to suing torture. Now as for our prisoner yes I do suspect he can hold his own in his fight yes."

But as the SAS say, if you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already... erred. Well, good day, and I hope to have the illustrations added to the transcript sometime today; I just need to verify the image of Heart of Horizon with Mistress Telar first."

"Good, good, have a good day Mr Wainwright."
George said and stands so he can walk you to the door.
"Take care of yourself young man."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:05 am

Colin sighed, "The problem with torture, as has been proven again and again and again, is that the victim will eventually die or break down and tell the torturer exactly what they want to hear. The obvious problem with that, of course, being that what the torturer wants to hear doesn't necessarily coincide with any actual truth or fact. I suspect the most efficient means of extricating information from a subject, while perhaps similar to torture in the discomfort it causes, would be a merciless telepathic raid. Probably as unpleasant as corporeal torture, and less dignified, but at least the information gathered should be more reliable. It's extremely difficult to deceive oneself that much, I think. Torture is honestly unjustifiable, in my informed opinion. Too unreliable and cruel."
He shook his head, "But, I suspect we are already in agreement on that particular issue. I don't think Chief Morgan will be as easily persuaded, though... but I'll take my little victories where I can."
He nodded to the venerable Archmage, and headed to his own apartment to take a quick photo of the drawing of Heart of Horizon, and sent the image to Cita Telar, with the question "She's a beauty in flight. Did I get your masterpiece right?"
Then, he looked around for his bookbag from last night.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Colin sighed, "The problem with torture, as has been proven again and again and again, is that the victim will eventually die or break down and tell the torturer exactly what they want to hear. The obvious problem with that, of course, being that what the torturer wants to hear doesn't necessarily coincide with any actual truth or fact.

George nodded then he sigh.
"I know there is a problem with how reliable the information gained through torture are, magick, for example the Frozen Breath of the Spoken Lie, a pretty basic rote, can help alleviate this issue but yes the best information is usually gathered by actually convincing the prisoner to talk either by offering them something in return or in other ways getting them to cooperate, but sometimes that is not possible and you have to do something when lives are at stake and a prisoner just refuse any form of cooperation."
The old mage said.
"However it is a method it is to easy to use because it takes less effort than getting under a prisoner's skin and finding a way to get them to cooperate willingly."

I suspect the most efficient means of extricating information from a subject, while perhaps similar to torture in the discomfort it causes, would be a merciless telepathic raid. Probably as unpleasant as corporeal torture, and less dignified, but at least the information gathered should be more reliable. It's extremely difficult to deceive oneself that much, I think. Torture is honestly unjustifiable, in my informed opinion. Too unreliable and cruel."

"How much discomfort pulling information straight out of someone's mind would cause Mr Wainwright depend on the method use and the skill of the one performing the rote as well as how much the subject resist. I could probably do so without causing a prisoner much pain, however there are risks involved all magi know of the chance that someone will try to read their mind and have protections in place, I know I regularly boobytrap my mind along with other protections, so that if anyone ever tried to read it, beyond the surface touch a psychic without to much control might do by accident, they will get a very nasty surprise. Trying to attack the mind of a prisoner is not always wise."

He shook his head, "But, I suspect we are already in agreement on that particular issue. I don't think Chief Morgan will be as easily persuaded, though... but I'll take my little victories where I can."

"Yes I tend to agree Mr Wainwright and I would not use torture in any situation where there is any other method to try to get information as it is unreliable and generally cause more harm than good. But if there is no other option...well then a choice have to be made..."
The old Guernicus said and sigh.
"But perhaps it is just that I am to old to completely give up on old ideals and mind sets."
The ancient mage said.

He nodded to the venerable Archmage, and headed to his own apartment to take a quick photo of the drawing of Heart of Horizon, and sent the image to Cita Telar, with the question "She's a beauty in flight. Did I get your masterpiece right?"
Then, he looked around for his bookbag from last night.

Someone had placed your things, including the bag of books on a chair in your living room. You also find a note from Freddy on the kitchen table saying.
"I just leaned the Francesca was hurt last night, I am visiting her, let us meet for dinner if you have the time, call me when you know if you will be free then."
The note was signed by a little heart.

You get a reply from Cita that say the following:
"Well that is remarkably accurate Mr Wainwright, but how do you know what the Heart looks like? It is still in docking while her...Captain is being rehabilitated. But it will be a glorious ship when she is completely done."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Colin smiled and fetched the books he'd bought for Raymond, and picked his own dog-eared copy of Dune off the shelf, as well. Reading Cita's reply, he nodded sagely and texted back, "I've had a Seeking. And perhaps just as much, a prophecy of things to come over the next two decades. Some good, some bad, some outright troubling - but enlightening nonetheless. Master Steelhaven has a transcript of it; if you wish, you may have an unexpurgated copy - there might be something of interest to you there, as well."

Then he went down to Raymond's cell, books tucked under the arm.

((OOC: Assuming, of course, that all the cells are on the same floor; we now have, what, Raymond, Diego and Gloria locked up in the basement guest rooms? And Lenoe staked somewhere else?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Reading Cita's reply, he nodded sagely and texted back, "I've had a Seeking. And perhaps just as much, a prophecy of things to come over the next two decades. Some good, some bad, some outright troubling - but enlightening nonetheless. Master Steelhaven has a transcript of it; if you wish, you may have an unexpurgated copy - there might be something of interest to you there, as well."

You get a reply from Cita:
"Very interesting. Yes I would love to read that transcript. Would you mind if I show this picture to the Heart's Captain, it have been a very long road for him getting here and he might enjoy it, not that I am going to go to much into his personal story."

Then he went down to Raymond's cell, books tucked under the arm.

You get down into the basement. In the room you had prepared, which is n reality an old storage room which have been empty and not in use, you see the young widderslainte boy, he was of average height for his age and appeared to be around fifteen years old, he had messy, short dark brown hair and a bit of the lanky body that kids that age often got and he was pretty thin. You see Anton von Hess stand outside of the cell, the hedge wizard technomancer gave you as elegant a bow as his arthritis would allow.
"Mr Wainwright good morning."
Anton said politely.

Inside the cell you saw Adley in the process of injecting Raymond with the magick dampening mixture that Jeffry had trade for with another Chantry, the boy did not look like he liked it he looked away from the needle and looked rather apprehensive, the fear in his eyes though was deeper than any phobia of needles, there where a deep terror in the boy's eyes that he tried to hide, he knew he was in deep, deep trouble.

Steelhaven only have one cell a fairly comfortable room which are generally used to house those who are in violent Quiets, Gloria is in that room. Then a make shift cell was made for Raymond by putting a bed in an empty storage room, Diego however have been found to a bed that have been placed in the wash room, there are no more unused rooms so everyone who want to do laundry have to step over a bound Nephandus. Yes everything in the basement are on the same floor.

(OOC: I decided it was about time Colin and Adley ran into one another again and they are about at the same time now so there you go.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Colin smiled and replied, "Gladly. In fact, if you can wait a little, I'll have copies of the drawing attached to the transcript, and present you with the original - I'd like to know it might be kept close to the heart, to put it boldly."

Coming down to the cell, Colin bowed back to Anton, "Good morning, Mr. von Hess. How has your night been? Ah, Adley, I was looking for you, too... um, I'll let you finish that."
He stepped slightly to the side of the door, so as to at least show he wasn't there to 'stare at the freak' - a little privacy should be allowed for in such a moment of indignity.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Colin smiled and replied, "Gladly. In fact, if you can wait a little, I'll have copies of the drawing attached to the transcript, and present you with the original - I'd like to know it might be kept close to the heart, to put it boldly."

You get a reply back:

"Off course and I will not reveal more than you are comfortable with. In fact what if I wait and ask if the man who will be the Heart's Captain would like to see you and you can show him the picture yourself. Some of the patients I have who need regular check up with which are in better condition than Beatrice will have to come here to be examined until I can safely leave so he should come by at some point. Yes I have cleared this with Jeffry."

Coming down to the cell, Colin bowed back to Anton, "Good morning, Mr. von Hess. How has your night been? Ah, Adley, I was looking for you, too... um, I'll let you finish that."

"I have been keeping watch over young Mr Danbrock, the boy makes for charming company even if he is somewhat restless Sir."
The hedge wizard said politely. You do not know to much about the von Hess couple, other than that they are linear mages and quite shy and that Jeffry Morgan saved them from an abusive Chantry, in if the rumors was to be believed, 80's action movie style.
"I admit to be concerned about the boy."
Anton added in a low tone of voice.

He stepped slightly to the side of the door, so as to at least show he wasn't there to 'stare at the freak' - a little privacy should be allowed for in such a moment of indignity.

Raymond jumped a little when he saw Colin, after all here was another Traditionalist, another one of those his father had warned him about from the time he was old enough to walk, he did not say anything though and just nervously looked away again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Colin nodded to Anton, "Understandable; from what I've heard so far, he's a good kid with, well, a bad influence he's been suppressing quite well. It would be a shame if we could not help him... sort things out for the better. If you'll pardon my prying, though, how is your arthritis? It looks as though you could do with a good, hot soak once your shift here ends."

((And perhaps we should wait for s7trif3's response before bringing the conversation along? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:13 pm

"I do not think Mr Bergen is a bad man Sir but like I said he can be rash and our prisoner here is a fifteen year old kid, I fear Mr Bergen might scare him. I will try to talk to him and will let you know if there is any trouble." Anton said softly.

"Thank you, I don't want him any more terrified than he already is..." he sighed. A few days ago he was yelling at Beatrice and now he was about to get a widderslainte brother. His head hurt nearly as much thinking about that as it did with his little trip to Worcester.

Adley heard the message alert go off again but as he was busy at the moment, he didn't respond.

Raymond looked away he did not want to see the needle go in. "It makes me nauseous, whatever is in that shit." He mutters.

He frowned a little. "Maybe something to eat will help settle your stomach. Oatmeal or something simple," he said, and then gave the spot on his arm a wipe down with alcohol. He took out the syringe to prepare it and then heard footsteps.

"Thank you," he said to Colin, without changing his attention.

Raymond jumped a little when he saw Colin, after all here was another Traditionalist, another one of those his father had warned him about from the time he was old enough to walk, he did not say anything though and just nervously looked away again.

"Do not worry...that is a good friend of mine, he is an Orphan...which is what we call mages who have awakened on their own. He is very interesting to speak with and will not harm you. May be come in?" He waited until the kid didn't look like he was going to twitch again before he administered the shot, putting the equipment away again. He looked back towards the doorway. "It's alright, I've finished up with that."

// speaking of, the Dune movie was on here recently and of course its full of awesome mage-y quotes (book is better though!). And here, didn't make you wait long this time!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Colin stepped up before the doorway again, holding up the little stack of books, "Hello again, Raymond. We spoke yesterday; I'm afraid I was rather held up after I picked up the books I promised you... but here, the cashier recommended these new ones, and I added my own old copy of Dune to the stack. It's a classic, and it's endured the decades well, you may keep it if you like."

((OOC: Impressive timing. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Colin nodded to Anton, "Understandable; from what I've heard so far, he's a good kid with, well, a bad influence he's been suppressing quite well. It would be a shame if we could not help him... sort things out for the better.

Anton nodded he glanced into the cell.
"Well Tradition law is Tradition law Mr Wainwright. But I hope some solution can be found to help him."
He said and gave the boy in there a compassionate look.

If you'll pardon my prying, though, how is your arthritis? It looks as though you could do with a good, hot soak once your shift here ends."

"Thank you for your concern Mr Wainwright, if there is time I will certainly do so."
The Sons of Ether hedge wizard said in a polite tone of voice.

"Thank you, I don't want him any more terrified than he already is..." he sighed. A few days ago he was yelling at Beatrice and now he was about to get a widderslainte brother. His head hurt nearly as much thinking about that as it did with his little trip to Worcester.

Anton nodded at that.
"No the kid is scared enough as he is Mr Roth Hicks."
He said, he did not relish the idea of talking with a true mage about how he should treat the young prisoner, he was used to being subservient to the Awakened, but he would do it.
"I will talk with him."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.
"I can not guarantee that he will listen to me though."

He frowned a little. "Maybe something to eat will help settle your stomach. Oatmeal or something simple," he said, and then gave the spot on his arm a wipe down with alcohol. He took out the syringe to prepare it and then heard footsteps.

"I could eat, and I do kind of like oatmeal."
Raymond agreed he looked down.
"What is in that stuff you are giving me anyway?"
He wondered.

"Do not worry...that is a good friend of mine, he is an Orphan...which is what we call mages who have awakened on their own. He is very interesting to speak with and will not harm you. May be come in?"

"I...guess I am an Orphan as well then or do it not count since I am an widderslainte?"
Raymond asked he still seamed a bit nervous at the new person but he nodded.
"Ok sure he can come in."
He agree and offered a little smile.

He waited until the kid didn't look like he was going to twitch again before he administered the shot, putting the equipment away again. He looked back towards the doorway. "It's alright, I've finished up with that."

Raymond hissed when the needle went in but he did not move he rubbed his arm and looked rather sullen afterwards though.
"I really do not like this."
He complained though he did not seam aggressive or angry more just scared.

Colin stepped up before the doorway again, holding up the little stack of books, "Hello again, Raymond. We spoke yesterday; I'm afraid I was rather held up after I picked up the books I promised you... but here, the cashier recommended these new ones, and I added my own old copy of Dune to the stack. It's a classic, and it's endured the decades well, you may keep it if you like."

The boy seamed to cheer up a bit at the sight of the books and gave the stack a look.
"Thank you."
He said politely and offered a little smile.
"I have read the book...Adley lent me yesterday, something more to read will be welcome, I appreciate it."
Raymond seamed a bit confused, these where the people his father had warned him about, and yet so far he had not been mistreated, kept captive yes but treated with surprising kindness. The young Fallen held out his hand to Colin.
"I should be polite and say hello properly. Raymond Danbrock."
He said politely in greeting, looking down with a bit of the shyness which was common in many teenagers.

(OOC: Dune are one of my favorites. I played in a huge Dune play by post for years where every player ran one faction. I ran the Spacing Guild. That was great fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:09 pm

All fera are interesting. I'd like to know more, but they seem to hate each other but one or two races with wich they operate with. They were at war for something he has been told by his rokea friend.

Because you're human, even if they're not. And most are being stripped from their humanity against their will, without knowing it, so maybe you should open their eyes before. As said in "the art of war": "A soldier from the enemy that you get to fight for you is worth three soldiers: one for the soldier you've taken from them, one for the soldier you have and one for the soldier he can take down".
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:35 pm

"No the kid is scared enough as he is Mr Roth Hicks." He said, he did not relish the idea of talking with a true mage about how he should treat the young prisoner, he was used to being subservient to the Awakened, but he would do it. "I will talk with him." The hedge wizard said and nodded. "I can not guarantee that he will listen to me though."

"The Chief will be down at some point today and I rather think that if he does not listen, that he will be even more unhappy than he already is, none of us want that. But I will try to stop by, if I get a chance, or as I said, you may try to call me or someone about it."

"I could eat, and I do kind of like oatmeal." Raymond agreed he looked down. "What is in that stuff you are giving me anyway?" He wondered.

"I will see about something to eat. It is hopefully a stopgap measure, to be endured for a while until different arrangements can be made."

"I...guess I am an Orphan as well then or do it not count since I am an widderslainte?" Raymond asked he still seamed a bit nervous at the new person but he nodded. "Ok sure he can come in."

"You would be called a widderslainte Orphan, for intents and purposes." He didn't say how much either counted, as it would rather vary with whom he spoke with and anyway, Orphan might be a temporary label anyway.

"I really do not like this." He complained though he did not seam aggressive or angry more just scared.

"I know, I'm sorry but as I said it should not be something that will continue indefinitely but something that must be done for now."

"I have read the book...Adley lent me yesterday, something more to read will be welcome, I appreciate it."

Adley smiled a little at Colin as he stepped in and motioned for him to shut over the door again. He was glad that he'd brought down the books for him since it seemed the new door watch would not be inclined to discussions. It felt like forever since he'd seen Colin but it had only been about a day, though quite a bit had transpired. He stood up and put away the materials, giving some room so the two could greet one another properly.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Colin smiled and shook Raymond's hand firmly, "Good to meet you face to face at last, Raymond - though, I'm sorry mine might look a little unnerving. I'm afraid taking a stinger missile to the nose does not cooperate well with normal skin care."
He smoothly placed the book on the bed, "Now, while I'd love to stay and chat, I'm afraid I need to confiscate Adley's attention for a bit. The forces of evil are persistent, I'm afraid, and I'm going to need an update on what has happened during the night if I'm to be of much use. But I do hope you'll enjoy the books, at least."
He looked at Adley, "I need to ask the prisoner a question before the debriefing; I'm not going in there alone, for safety purposes. Will you chaperone me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Now, while I'd love to stay and chat, I'm afraid I need to confiscate Adley's attention for a bit. The forces of evil are persistent, I'm afraid, and I'm going to need an update on what has happened during the night if I'm to be of much use. But I do hope you'll enjoy the books, at least." He looked at Adley, "I need to ask the prisoner a question before the debriefing; I'm not going in there alone, for safety purposes. Will you chaperone me?"

"I see. Yes, if all has been cleared. I will need a moment to reset the door here, however. Pardon me Raymond, it seems I have something I need to attend to." He stood up as well and went towards the door. "I also need to speak with some of the others, on an important matter," Adley said vaguely. "Perhaps you should come with me, if you have the time - dependent on their wishes for involvement. It might spare having to tell a tale twice."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next