Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:07 am

Colin nodded, "Well, then, we might have an opener, at least - ask if he's Mrs. Fener's grandson, if only to get a foot inside the door... We are going to have to barter from a position of weakness, rather than a position of strength, so having access to as much information about the battlefield will help... Fortunately, it might be safe to assume this fellow will not want any loud confrontations."
He smiled thinly, "The dear old lady has raised a productive family, for certain... Almost so you might suspect there to be a blessing involved."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Adley Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:32 am

"Hum...how close to the building are we going to go? We should probably have the cars close enough to be able to get out of there with some haste if we need to."

"Good question, let's have ourselves a look shall we? I assume our navigator Freddy and Colin are doing the same. If she finds a spot I'll try to find one that's not right next door but not too far away from the building...or them." He looked for somewhere that might not attract a ton of attention, recalling the area as best he could. Somewhere that they could get to in a hurry...not next to the Syndicate Trust building...while minding the Toyota ahead of them.

// I didn't ignore the OOC comment just so you know, just he's in the follow car

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:27 am

Colin nodded, "Well, then, we might have an opener, at least - ask if he's Mrs. Fener's grandson, if only to get a foot inside the door... We are going to have to barter from a position of weakness, rather than a position of strength, so having access to as much information about the battlefield will help... Fortunately, it might be safe to assume this fellow will not want any loud confrontations."

Freddy nodded.
"Very well then let us ask him that and yes I doubt that he would want to draw attention to himself, if this man have really left the Technocracy then the last thing he would want is for them to find him."
She said in a glum tone of voice.

He smiled thinly, "The dear old lady has raised a productive family, for certain... Almost so you might suspect there to be a blessing involved."

"She had six kids, that was not uncommon back in the day, as education and science become more widespread in a society the lower the birth rates tend to get, and with six kids getting quite a few grand kids are not that hard, it only means a few of them had three children it is not that unusual, but yes she seam to have a good family that visit her often at the hospital so the good Mrs Fener have been quite lucky in life it seams so you never know."
Freddy said then she looked down at her phone again.
"There seam to be a parking lot about one block from the apartment building, we might want to consider that one, far enough away to not get to much attention and close enough to run to, off course the apartment building do have a parking garage in the basement and cars are in and out of there so we might just want to park right under our target as well."
The Virtual Adept said.

"Good question, let's have ourselves a look shall we? I assume our navigator Freddy and Colin are doing the same. If she finds a spot I'll try to find one that's not right next door but not too far away from the building...or them." He looked for somewhere that might not attract a ton of attention, recalling the area as best he could. Somewhere that they could get to in a hurry...not next to the Syndicate Trust building...while minding the Toyota ahead of them.

There where several parking lots in the area a good ways away from the Syndicate's offices, there where one about a block away from the apartment building, and there was also an empty lot that was going to become a new building about two minutes brisk walk away, most of the buildings around had parking opportunities though and cars was in and out so it was doubtful your two cars would get much attention.
"It should be close enough that we can get there quickly potentially carrying the ten year old."
Francesca said.
"If it is a little distance from our target so my magick is not noticed though I can cast a rote to try to lessen the chance that our cars are discovered or that they draw any attention, it is probably not needed but it might be useful non the less."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:46 am

Colin looked around for a pair of adjacent vacant parking spots, "Could you check if the parking under the building is for public use? It might be preferable to slip in there during a... glitch in the surveillance system, but if all the parking slots there are designated to residents of the building, well... I should rather not have to walk back to Morningstar and inform Madame Rose that her car has been impounded."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:55 am

There are room in parking lots here and there so you can part fairly close to the building. Freddy nodded and bent over her phone again and tapped at it then she said.
"Hum...the apartment building in question do have a few guest parking spaces in the underground parking lot, you need a guest code to get in but that should not be to hard to circumvent."
Freddy glanced up.
"So parking under the building itself, during like you said a glitch in the surveillance system is an option."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 am

Colin nodded, "Send Adley... no, send Mr. Terach a message; we're using the guest spaces. Out of sight from the Union, and shorter distance on foot. Plus, there's bound to be fewer witnesses should something happen."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:32 am

Freddy nodded she begins to send the text message.
"Very well I am sending it now."

In Adley's car there is a soft ping from Adjan's phone and the Euthanatos pick it ups and reads it.
"It seams Mr Wainwright want us to part under the apartment building, they have guest spaces. Miss Addlebloom just sent me a message."
He said.
"Let us just follow them."

Freddy leaned back in her seat.
"Take to the right here you should see a new small skyscraper coming up, take the small road to the side to get to where we can get into the parking garage, I am working on overriding the security now."
The Virtual Adept said.

You see a completely new skyscraper, thirty floor or so, it was just tall enough to fit the definition of a skyscraper and the top floors where not completely finished, the building was black with windows that looked dark against their black metal frames, it was an elegant building, suitable for the rich tenants that lived there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:36 am

Colin smoothly slipped in on the path to the garage and idled a bit before driving in, "Say the word, luv."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:35 pm

"I am soon done just keep driving I will get the security system down."
Freddy said. You drive towards a gate that have a small touch screen where residents and visitors can type in their passwords and be granted entrance to the garage, but just as you get to the screen the gate opened on it's own so you can drive into the dully light parking garage beyond.
"We should be fine, let us just get in and find a place to park before anyone notice that the security system is down."
The Virtual Adept said sounding urgent.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Colin nodded and gestured through the window for Adley to follow, and slipped the car into a vacant guest spot before climbing out of the car. "Right, which apartment was Mrs. Fener's, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 pm

You drive into the parking garage it is full of fairly expensive cars and hip new hybrids, you find the spots marked for guests and there are several of them open, so at least you are lucky there and find parking right away.
"Mrs Fener's apartment is on the fourth floor, apartment 4-19B."
Freddy said as she looked down on her phone.
"It should be possible to go directly from the garage to an elevator here and get up to the forth floor."
She said and showed you a map of the building on her phone and pointed to where the elevator shafts where marked of.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Colin nodded, "Simple and straightforward. Good."
He looked over at the Kia, "Alright, everyone - Avengers Assemble before we head up."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:54 pm

"Well so far so good at least."
Freddy said and glanced around the parking lot which was currently empty.
"Yes we should go over our plans with the others before we head in."
She said and existed the car and walked over to the Toyota.
"The less time we use though the better."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:17 pm

"It should be close enough that we can get there quickly potentially carrying the ten year old."
Francesca said.
"If it is a little distance from our target so my magick is not noticed though I can cast a rote to try to lessen the chance that our cars are discovered or that they draw any attention, it is probably not needed but it might be useful non the less."
"It seams Mr Wainwright want us to part under the apartment building, they have guest spaces. Miss Addlebloom just sent me a message." He said."Let us just follow them."

He frowned a little but followed the Toyota towards the garage. He kept any of his doubts or concerns to himself, steering the car and putting his trust into Colin and Freddy's expertise and luck. "It take it this means they found what they're looking for. Let's go find out what the plan is, then." As he saw the gate go up and Colin's motion, he followed their car inside the garage and into a parking slot and parked. He got out of the car and then looked at Colin, Freddy and Richard.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Freddy nodded to Adley and the two Euthanatoi as they got out of the kia then she said.
"Ok to make this quick I have located the apartment where it is most likely that the man from Colin's vision is located, there are something in there I just can not scan, the apartment belong to a 95 year old woman who is currently hospitalized and I suspect the cyborg are hiding in her apartment while the tenant is away. The apartment 4-19B is up on the forth floor, there is a elevator over there that should take us to that floor directly."
The Virtual Adept said then she sigh.
"The question is how do we approach this man? Even if it is true that he have left the Union, that do not mean that he will necessarily be very friendly if a bunch of Traditionalists come calling and a man that augmented, he would be dangerous in the extreme."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Colin nodded, "My suggestion is that we go up, one of us - in this case me - politely introduces us, stressing that we harbour no ill will against him personally, and pleads with him to help us save an innocent little girl from the Fallen. We are negotiating from an indisputable position of weakness; I believe our best bet is complete sincerity and appealing to his better self. Failing that, I don't immediately see any better means of conscripting his aid than corporeally subduing him and using him as an unconscious battering ram; I suspect a dead man will not be adequate to trigger the wards in place. Obviously, seeing as he appears to be a renegade, he would be as disinterested in a calamitous magical battle as we are so close under the Union's nose."
He sighed, "So, if possible, weapons available, but not drawn. And no hazardous magic, either; it likely won't work well in any case."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Friday:

You simply have to find something that means for you the power of transformation in that way you want. To me, everything it's a song, so songs and poetry build my tools, those are my tools. You can find anything else, or maybe i can teach you to sing.

Yes, i was thinking to speack with him, with Mister Wolf of the Euthanatos ((Wolf was the euthanatos i found that was so pale and slender?)) I might ask Miss Day for the Hermetics and maybe show Lily what a Hedge Witch is, and maybe i can ask miss Hildeegard for input on the Choristers. Would you introduce her your own tradition?

Saturday:

There's fire on the ground floor!!!?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "My suggestion is that we go up, one of us - in this case me - politely introduces us, stressing that we harbour no ill will against him personally, and pleads with him to help us save an innocent little girl from the Fallen. We are negotiating from an indisputable position of weakness; I believe our best bet is complete sincerity and appealing to his better self.

"You are aware that this man can probably snap your neck like a twig if he want to Colin before you can even think about using magick or anything else to defend yourself."
Freddy said in a worried tone of voice.
"Even so Mr Wainwright's plan do have merit, however since we do not know anything about this person or why he defected from the union, if he have done so, just walking up to his apartment is extremely dangerous."
Adjan warned.

Failing that, I don't immediately see any better means of conscripting his aid than corporeally subduing him and using him as an unconscious battering ram; I suspect a dead man will not be adequate to trigger the wards in place. Obviously, seeing as he appears to be a renegade, he would be as disinterested in a calamitous magical battle as we are so close under the Union's nose."

"If he is indeed a renegade from the union then he would not be interested in drawing attention to himself no. However as for your contingency plan Mr Wainwright, you are aware that someone that heavily augmented is not easy to corporeally overpower, especially since using magick on him will be rather difficult, and that we to do not want to attract the Syndicate's attention in this."
Francesca said.

He sighed, "So, if possible, weapons available, but not drawn. And no hazardous magic, either; it likely won't work well in any case."

"Magick will likely be useless against him, but yes you should be armed, but I do not like the idea of you going up there alone."
Adjan said.

Tane:

Friday:

You simply have to find something that means for you the power of transformation in that way you want. To me, everything it's a song, so songs and poetry build my tools, those are my tools. You can find anything else, or maybe i can teach you to sing.

"You sing to work magick?"
Lily asked.
"I guess I could try it for I have no idea what my tools should be."

Yes, i was thinking to speack with him, with Mister Wolf of the Euthanatos ((Wolf was the euthanatos i found that was so pale and slender?)) I might ask Miss Day for the Hermetics and maybe show Lily what a Hedge Witch is, and maybe i can ask miss Hildeegard for input on the Choristers. Would you introduce her your own tradition?

"Well Mr Wolf if just a Disciple I would contact Adjan Terach he is the highest ranked Euthanatoi at Steelhaven and the only one among them powerful enough to take a student at the moment. Hildegaard might be wise to contact about the Choristers yes, Miss Day however is not a member of the Order of Hermes she is a Hollow One and a hedge wizard at that but she might be able to put you into contact with others of her Orphan group. I can certainly speak with the girl about the Virtual Adepts yes."
Narim said

Saturday:

"No...I am in the basement, there are no fire other than me here."
The imp said, you do assume that it being a fire elemental it is probably referring to itself when you asked it to identify itself and it replied with fire, it is a Umbrood after all, it is what it is.

(OOC: To the tall pale Euthanatos was Adjan Terach. Jerome Wolf is also an Euthanatos but he is an athletic looking black man.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Colin shook his head, "I'm not sure even Master Sharaya could place me alone with this fellow; I merely think it is best if one steps forward and speaks while the rest stand ready some ten or fifteen feet back... There's a vital distinction between walking up like a willing sacrifice, and merely taking point in a group. That said, while he undoubtedly can snap my neck before I'd have the time to react, it seems unlikely he would do so in the hallway. Too messy and too high a risk of witnesses. That's the sort of thing that would make the neighbours call the police. And yes, I am quite aware how nigh-impossible it would be to clobber him into unconsciousness - yet repeatedly pistol-whipping him into submission seems more likely to succeed than any spell. And just as undesirable an approach. Now, we should not separate for any reason until the actual assault - we stick close for protection, but we don't crowd the cyborg right away. Does this sound good to everyone? Anything that seems unclear, or anything I missed?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:56 am

Richard looks around.... then starts preparing ...some strong muscle relaxant and sedative concoction.... from his case while you chat

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:02 am

Friday:

You've seen it in action. Your song let me show you your avatar. That for instance, but i can affect anything by it's songs.

Oh, i though miss Day was hermetic. Well, in any case i could ask Master morgan if he's not too bussy.

((Mistaken the name of the Euthanatos XD Best to ask Adjan, then.))

Saturday:

Haven't you heard another steps? I thought so
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:39 am

Adley listened to the back and forth a few minutes with a frown on his face. It almost seemed like they were right back in the office, wondering what to do, which was not where he'd particularly wanted to be at this point in the game. "I would not wish you to be the only face seen at the door but yes, anyone would be put off by a mob. I can't say I like this but I don't have another plan handy, though if he's got armored augments hitting him over the head with a pistol will only piss him off."

Does this sound good to everyone? Anything that seems unclear, or anything I missed?"

"Perhaps ceasing calling him 'the cyborg'..." he suggested with a raised eyebrow, as he thought what this guy might want, other than being left the hell alone.

// Faceclaim for Adjan confirmed to be Vincent Valentine from FFVII ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:59 am

Adley, Colin and Richard:

Colin shook his head, "I'm not sure even Master Sharaya could place me alone with this fellow; I merely think it is best if one steps forward and speaks while the rest stand ready some ten or fifteen feet back... There's a vital distinction between walking up like a willing sacrifice, and merely taking point in a group.

Freddy nodded to that.
"Well that do make more sense, we all go up there but at first just one of us approach the man to seam less threatening, that could work."
She said.

That said, while he undoubtedly can snap my neck before I'd have the time to react, it seems unlikely he would do so in the hallway. Too messy and too high a risk of witnesses.

"Off course he would probably invite you in for tea first, then snap your neck."
Francesca muttered.

That's the sort of thing that would make the neighbours call the police. And yes, I am quite aware how nigh-impossible it would be to clobber him into unconsciousness - yet repeatedly pistol-whipping him into submission seems more likely to succeed than any spell. And just as undesirable an approach.

"Well no matter how augmented he is there is a human brain in there somewhere bounce that around enough and he will become unconscious, at least in theory, but yes a mundane approach is more likely to actually work than magick."
Freddy said and glanced over at Richard who was preparing his drugs.
"That might work as well."

Now, we should not separate for any reason until the actual assault - we stick close for protection, but we don't crowd the cyborg right away. Does this sound good to everyone? Anything that seems unclear, or anything I missed?"

"That seams like a plan to me Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said. Freddy nodded.
"Yes that should work...hopefully and with luck the guy is friendly."
She muttered.

"I would not wish you to be the only face seen at the door but yes, anyone would be put off by a mob. I can't say I like this but I don't have another plan handy, though if he's got armored augments hitting him over the head with a pistol will only piss him off."

"It depends on how augmented he is."
Freddy admitted.
"If we are talking close to a Hit-Mark then no unless you are the Hulk you are nothing going to beat him unconscious that is true, but if he is close to that we are probably safer just backing of and taking our chances with the wards if the guy are willing to help us."

"Perhaps ceasing calling him 'the cyborg'..." he suggested with a raised eyebrow, as he thought what this guy might want, other than being left the hell alone.

"You might be right about that Adley, whatever else he is he is human as well."
Adjan said and nodded.

Tane:

Friday:

You've seen it in action. Your song let me show you your avatar. That for instance, but i can affect anything by it's songs.

"Your songs are beautiful Tane, I am not sure I could use them though, I do not understand how a song can affect reality. I guess I see spirits more often when I sit and think about nothing, just spacing out you know, so perhaps some sort of meditation?"

Oh, i though miss Day was hermetic. Well, in any case i could ask Master morgan if he's not too bussy.

"He might be the man have hardly slept it is not easy to be the Chantry's Chief of Security in the middle of a crisis. You might want to look up a man named Antonio Riez he have an apprentice around Miss Gray's age, so the boy might be a good candidate to tell the girl what an Hermetic apprenticeship is like."
Narim said and quickly wrote down a phone number on a piece of paper to give you.
"You can reach Mr Riez at this number."

Saturday:

Haven't you heard another steps? I thought so

"I heard tapping and felt something so I came to see what was here, but there is only you here now and me."
The Imp said as it glanced down at you from the roof.

(OOC: Hehehe yeah well Adjan do not have black hair and red eyes, but he do look a bit like James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2 just with longer hair.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:15 am

Friday:

It's a possibility, yes. Fairly common, but there's nothing that hasn't been invented.

Well, thank you a lot, master. WOuld you tell her, then? then i'll go to find other people to show her the chantry around.

Saturday:

Ok, if you don't see anything else, you should go back and tell Master Morgan
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 am

Friday:

It's a possibility, yes. Fairly common, but there's nothing that hasn't been invented.

Lily nodded she gave a bit of a confused smile.
"This is all pretty overwhelming but yes perhaps I should try meditation or something like that."
She said.

Well, thank you a lot, master. WOuld you tell her, then? then i'll go to find other people to show her the chantry around.

Narim nodded he gave a bit of a smile.
"Yes I will have a talk with her and if she do not mind having that talk while I work we can do so now. I will take care of her until you come back Mr Karyak."
He said then he added.
"Oh and you can just call me Narim, some like to stand on protocol I do not, and besides I am probably not that much older than you are."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile.

Saturday:

Ok, if you don't see anything else, you should go back and tell Master Morgan

"Yes I should tell my master."
The little imp said and vanished, the hallway was again quiet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next