Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 10 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Colin nodded, "Good; then our battle plan seems adequately refined and updated... and yes, Adley, I will not address him as 'Mr. Cyborg' or anything like that - it is, however, an accurate descriptor in lieu of knowing his actual name while he remains out of earshot. Now, if people could stop speculating on how easily, where and when this fellow would be breaking my neck, I would rather appreciate it. We have a little girl to save, and an enemy to persuade to join our cause... Let's be about it, shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 10 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:08 pm

"Very well I do not think we can prepare any more than we already have, we will just need to see what this man have to say."
Freddy said then she smiles.
"Shall we go to the elevator then and get this done."
She said. Adjan nodded.
"I can not think of anything else to add either."
He said.
"We should get going."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Colin nodded, "Very well, ladies and gentlemen, the elevator it is."
He turned and strode to the lift, giving the call button a swift prod. "Now let us hope this is the model designed to fit eight people, rather than four..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Freddy joined you and so did the two Euthanatoi as you walked towards the elevator, the door opens and it do seam like you all would fit in there though it will be a little tight.
"I hope no one is claustrophobic."
Freddy said and stepped into the cart.
"I am more afraid of angry Technocracy cyborgs."
Muttered Francesca and stepped in after her Cabalmate.
"You never know, perhaps he is friendly."
Adjan said and gave Adley a look as if to ask which one of them should get in last and keep watch until everyone was in the cart safely and the door closed.
"We just have to hope for the best."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Now, if people could stop speculating on how easily, where and when this fellow would be breaking my neck, I would rather appreciate it. We have a little girl to save, and an enemy to persuade to join our cause... Let's be about it, shall we?"

"Certainly," he said. Well, there was no use re-hashing it and worrying it to death.

As everyone made for the elevator he frowned a little but they packed themselves inside it and he waited until last to make sure there were no problems getting in,which meant he was somewhere near the front of the lift once the doors closed. "Going up..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:55 pm

You all get into the elevator and Adjan press the button to take you two the forth floor. The elevator make a cheerful ping as it stops and you can walk into a neat hallway with a red carpet and a row of reddish brown oak doors leading to individual apartments. Further down the hallway you see a young woman in a business suit enter her apartment, she do not look in the direction of the party of mages, a dog was barking in another apartment, other than that there where no one in the hallway, not right now at least though that could soon change.
"Apartment 4-19B is this way."
Freddy said and she started walking. The two Euthanatoi followed her but you notice that Adjan's eyes are alert and he is keeping careful watch of his environment, talking with this renegade Iteration X operative would either be a very good idea, or spell the doom for your group and you would soon find out which would apply to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Colin gave a soft sigh as the group approached 4-19, "Right, if you would kindly hold back a little - by all means stay in sight, just don't crowd the space immediately in front of the door..."
He stepped up to the door, straightened his collar, and rapped firmly on the door with one knuckle, outwardly completely calm.

((OOC: Assuming there're no doorbells in the hallway.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Freddy looked concerned about you but she nodded, the two Euthanatoi to nods and stays a bit back as you walk up to the door of 4-19B. There are doorbells right next to each door, the regular door buzzers, just a small white box with a name tag that said M. Fener and a small white button to press.

Whatever you knock on the door or ring the doorbell a few moments go by and then a very large, bulky man with hair that is either very light brown or very dark blond worn in a short, tidy style open the door. The man have blue eyes and wears a pair of jeans and a plain white tshirt, he glances out at you.
"Yes?"
He says as his eyes look from you to your friends waiting a little further down the hallway.
"What do you want?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Colin gave a quick bow, and spoke softly so his voice wouldn't carry any further than the rest of the group, "Mr. Fener, I presume? I... we have come to ask for your aid. There's a young girl in mortal danger in this building, and you may well be the only person around who can help. An old friend reminded me I could find you here, and that you might be convinced to help us prevent an atrocity... I know what you are, or what you used to be, and your secret remains safe."
He breathed deeply, "We have no wish to fight you, Sir, we are simply here to plead for your help in rescuing a girl before she becomes vampire brunch."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Adley followed at the tail of the group and took Colin's left hand side and slightly back as requested as he approached the door. So far everything seemed normal enough to him but he had already learned not not become complacent in such situations. He took up his position and waited in the event he needed to act, no weapons in hand but the motion in his mind if it came to it - which he hoped it would not. No, he hoped that Colin's silversmithing applied to a silver tongue as well. The man on the other side of the door was a large man, of stereotypical Ãœbermensch proportions. Adley couldn't help sizing him up and he knew that beneath the exterior he was reinforced in other ways, watching him for his reaction to Colin's blunt plea for assistance.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:44 pm

The cyborg stood listening to what you had to say, he did seam a bit alarmed that someone would know what he was and come to his door.
"You are not union men?"
He said though it was more of a statement than a question.
"So you are yet another person who want to drag me back into that damned war."
He sigh then he shook his head and moved away from the door.
"You might as well come in, you and your friends and explain to me what this is about, there is a child in danger from a vampire?"
He asked.
"Damned I had heard those things existed I have never encountered one before though."
He muttered as he motioned for you and the rest to enter his apartment.
"And no my name is not Fener...I have...no name, not anymore but I guess it is as good any any for now, but I guess I will have to leave this place now since you are the second person today that have searched me out, it gets a bit to crowded for my taste."
He said then his blue eyes sized up both Colin and the rest of his group and there was a flash of red in his eyes as a scanner went of.
"You are Awakened."
He said again as a statement and not a question.
"What faction are you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Richard relaxes a little.... but only a little

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Colin nodded, "We're with the Traditions... er, we're the second today that have searched you out?"
He sighed and gestured the rest of the group to come along, following the cyborg inside, "Now, I have no wish to drag you back into the Ascension War - you clearly had your reasons to leave, and I'm not asking you to betray any Union secrets... but the Nephandi are holding a hostage in an apartment in this building; an apartment owned by one of the more influential vampires of Chicago. We know they have excellent wards there, and the nature of your implants means you are the only person we can reach who has the ability to penetrate the apartment and live..."
He pondered, "I'm not going to insult you by pretending to know more than I do, or to pretend to be an actual friend, but under the circumstances, it is in everyone's interest to stop the Nephandi from destroying the world the rest of us are fighting over."
He glanced over at Adley and Freddy, "You had the apartment number and blueprints available?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Adley stood quietly as Colin explained the situation - he didn't want everyone in the hall hearing him and anyway the man had everything in hand, for all intents and purposes. When they were allowed inside the apartment, he kept lookout in the hall and then glanced around the place taking stock of it quickly before returning his attention to the current occupant. It was not good news that he'd already been scouted...he hoped that he was simply detecting Freddy's rote earlier. As he was asked for the apartment, he nodded to Colin and then gestured to Freddy again. He had the number, she had the blueprint. He was waiting for the man to decide to broker with them, being Traditionalists, or not, ready for things to take a turn at that revelation.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Richard eyes our host carefully never being in the province of a man machine before, is slightly awed

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Colin nodded, "We're with the Traditions... er, we're the second today that have searched you out?"

"Yes, a Nephandus came to my door, a bloody fallen."
The cyborg grunted.

He sighed and gestured the rest of the group to come along, following the cyborg inside, "Now, I have no wish to drag you back into the Ascension War - you clearly had your reasons to leave, and I'm not asking you to betray any Union secrets...

The apartment you entered into had no pictures on the walls, there where tasteful furniture but most of it was still in plastic, Mrs Fener had not had time to move in before she was hospitalized and your host clearly had not spent allot of time personalizing his temporary home.
"Yes I have my reasons to leave."
The cyborg said glumly.
"And the Union can go to hell, if it was not for my Amalgam...former Amalgam I guess I should say now...well anyway I will hear you out, I would want to know who this friend of yours that lead you to me are however."
He said and looked at Colin with those blue eyes that every so often flashed red.

but the Nephandi are holding a hostage in an apartment in this building; an apartment owned by one of the more influential vampires of Chicago. We know they have excellent wards there, and the nature of your implants means you are the only person we can reach who has the ability to penetrate the apartment and live..."

"So that is how that bloody Nephandus found me, there are some of the rats in the building, and here I thought this was a nice neighborhood, and they are working with a vampire?"
The cyborg said and raised an eyebrow.
"Who is this hostage they are holding?"
He asked then he continued.
"So what you want me to do is walk into this apartment and get your hostage out, providing I agree to do this it is doubtful I can do so alone, I am not indestructible."
He said.
"Also if I do this it will draw so much attention to myself that I will have to leave, as you know there is a Construct not far from here and hiding under the noses of those who are looking for you only work if you are quiet and discreet."

He pondered, "I'm not going to insult you by pretending to know more than I do, or to pretend to be an actual friend, but under the circumstances, it is in everyone's interest to stop the Nephandi from destroying the world the rest of us are fighting over."

"I do not want to be dragged back into this war on either side Traditionalist, not even to fight the Nephandi I am considering helping that child you spoke about though if it is doable."
He grunted.

He glanced over at Adley and Freddy, "You had the apartment number and blueprints available?"

Freddy nodded she gave the Cyborg her tablet and showed him the blueprints.
"It is this apartment here."
She said and the Cyborg nodded.
"We can take the elevator up here and then the stairs the last few floors and hopefully not be noticed...if I agree to do this that is."
He said as he handed the tablet back then he noticed Richard looking at him and glanced at the healer for a moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Colin nodded, "A reasonable suspicion... The truth is, the friend who reminded me won't do so for another twenty years, as he reminisces about the tumults during which we first met, and how I told him about how I remembered a future conversation in which an old friend told me about meeting a former Iteration X member who saved my life by being able to ram through the wards and survive, courtesy of his implants. I've recently experienced a number of memories from a future two decades away. It is a stable time loop, and I'd much prefer to keep it that way. Obviously, the memory heavily implied that you survive."
He stroked his chin, "The hostage is the daughter of a member of my Chantry, and of one of the Nephandi. She was raised by her father, and it seems the mother only had an interest in the child as a tool for her dark masters. As such, the father was extorted to betrayal under the - quite frankly - twisted delusion that he would get his daughter back. We've found that the girl has already been promised to a vampire in Chicago as a... I think the term is 'child'. A highly unpalatable scenario to begin with."
He nodded thoughtfully, "What we need is someone to tear through the wards - we should likely be able to follow once the wards are tripped - I have a small trick that can help drain them, but I can't set them off safely. After the door is opened, it's a fairly straight up hostage extraction. After that... yes, you would have to relocate. There's room in our cars, so we could bring you along and drop you off anywhere in the city, or, if you'll permit some manner of temporary sedation, we could even bring you along to Boston, and help arrange for further travel from there. It would be a potential way out of the war entirely; an opportunity to disappear off the grid, off the map, if you wish."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:02 pm

Colin nodded, "A reasonable suspicion... The truth is, the friend who reminded me won't do so for another twenty years, as he reminisces about the tumults during which we first met, and how I told him about how I remembered a future conversation in which an old friend told me about meeting a former Iteration X member who saved my life by being able to ram through the wards and survive, courtesy of his implants.

"So your friend from the future told you that you needed someone with Primium implants to move safely through a set of wards? Brilliant...that just makes my head hurt it is like the bullshit the Void Engineers blabber about at times."
The cyborg said and sigh.

I've recently experienced a number of memories from a future two decades away. It is a stable time loop, and I'd much prefer to keep it that way. Obviously, the memory heavily implied that you survive."

"Well I do like the surviving bit, I am not a big believer in fortune telling though. However your friend being from the future he will not be coming knocking on my door as well will he? That is all I really wanted to know."
The former Technocrat said and sigh.

He stroked his chin, "The hostage is the daughter of a member of my Chantry, and of one of the Nephandi. She was raised by her father, and it seems the mother only had an interest in the child as a tool for her dark masters. As such, the father was extorted to betrayal under the - quite frankly - twisted delusion that he would get his daughter back. We've found that the girl has already been promised to a vampire in Chicago as a... I think the term is 'child'. A highly unpalatable scenario to begin with."

"I know very little about vampires, however becoming one do not sound like a kind fate and especially not for a child."
The Cyborg said.
"This girl she is not associated with the Nephandi is she? It is only her mother who are Fallen? I have no interest in saving a Nephandus but a innocent child, that is another story I might consider that."

He nodded thoughtfully, "What we need is someone to tear through the wards - we should likely be able to follow once the wards are tripped - I have a small trick that can help drain them, but I can't set them off safely. After the door is opened, it's a fairly straight up hostage extraction.

"Well the straight up hostage extraction you speak of Traditionalist is made more difficult by the fact that we are surrounded by mundanes in this building and we would not want anyone innocent to be caught in the crossfire, to go completely cowboy in this building is not recommended, especially since that will draw the attention of the Syndicate and quickly."

After that... yes, you would have to relocate. There's room in our cars, so we could bring you along and drop you off anywhere in the city, or, if you'll permit some manner of temporary sedation, we could even bring you along to Boston, and help arrange for further travel from there.

"I have no intention of letting myself be incapacitated in your care Traditionalist."
The cyborg said sharply.
"However you mentioned Boston, you are from there? What is it with that city, the Nephandus that came to my door earlier today mentioned as well, is something going on in Boston?"

It would be a potential way out of the war entirely; an opportunity to disappear off the grid, off the map, if you wish."

"Boston is hardly off the map Traditionalist and my former associates will never stop looking for me, the Technocracy do not like those those leave their ranks."
He said sourly and Freddy got a hard look in her eyes at the mention of the Union's views on turncoats and anyone else who left them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:28 pm

"Yes, a Nephandus came to my door, a bloody fallen." The cyborg grunted.

He frowned. Not good. Somehow he didn't think they just knocked to 'bring the good word.' Colin had the man talking to them and not shooting eye-laser beams at them so for the moment he didn't say anything. But the red flickering reminded him nothing less than a video camera taping and he found it highly disconcerting. He wasn't thrilled either when Colin tried to offer the man a lift out and especially not when he mentioned Boston but it seemed like the man wasn't going to take the ride anyway. He found the ex-agent rather pragmantic, surprisingly...human. He couldn't imagine how he'd gotten to the point he was at and it was likely that they weren't going to be told but as long as he truly was not working for the Technocracy or the Nephandi, then it might have to be enough given the circumstances.

"However you mentioned Boston, you are from there? What is it with that city, the Nephandus that came to my door earlier today mentioned as well, is something going on in Boston?

"Pardon," he said finally. "Would you please tell us what that Nephandi wanted...? What did they look like? It does seem that if they came to you, then it is not safe for you to stay here, it's true, especially now that you know there are also vampires and more Nephandi around. We also do not want any Sleepers to be harmed, we thought your assistance would give us the best chance to get in and out and minimize collateral damage." He fell quiet again, though the mention of the Nephandi at the door had given him another thing to worry over. They never came knocking, it seemed, without offering a devil's bargain in their wake. Or pain.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "It is worse; my friend from the future told me I had told him I found and enlisted you to break through the wards. Essentially, he will not know unless I tell him. And I can sympathize with your headache - I don't understand what they are doing, either."
He shook his head, "My friend in the future will not seek you out; of that I am fairly certain. It is not as though I will give him your name or address, after all. In fact, once this is over, it is highly unlikely we shall ever meet again."
He nodded, "The girl is not Fallen. She is Awakened, though; that is part of what makes her an actual bargaining chip towards the vampires. And yes, it is a straight up hostage extraction - but we're asking you to help us do it, not to do it for us - an important distinction. Your not wishing to be subdued by us is, of course, a generally wise choice, it just means we can't bring you with us the way we came; security concerns, you understand. Nevertheless, the offer to get you clear and let you off anywhere in the city stands."
He frowned, "My companion asks a good question; what did the Nephandi want? And no, of course Boston is hardly off the map - but it could make for a good stepping stone on the way; to get clear of Chicago and move on from there."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:09 am

"Pardon," he said finally. "Would you please tell us what that Nephandi wanted...?

The Cyborg looked over at Adley and shrugged.
"Well this one man came to my door a few hours ago, he said he knew what I was and that I had gotten away from the Union and wanted my help in getting out of the city, he said he was afraid he would be sent to Boston. I did a scan and saw that he was Fallen and asked him what was the problem with Boston and he said something about those like him, including his mentor just going missing there."
He said.
"It was clear the man was afraid but I did not ask to closely I was not about to help a Nephandus or get involved in their internal conflicts."

What did they look like? It does seem that if they came to you, then it is not safe for you to stay here, it's true, especially now that you know there are also vampires and more Nephandi around.

"Yes well there was only one Nephandus and he did not seam to be acting together with the rest. I was however thinking it was time to move yes and especially now that you lot have found me as well. Now as for what the Nephandus looked like, you can see for yourself, I knocked him out and used the butt of my gun to smash up his hands, you would be surprised how many mages use their hands in some way for magick and in ether case the pain from broken bones usually keep most rather helpless, and then stashed him in my bathtub while I decide what to do with him, like I said I am not about to help a Nephandus."
The Cyborg said matter of factly as if breaking the hands of a mage to prevent him from using magick was a completely natural, normal thing to do.
"If you want to have a look the bathroom is right around that turn and to the left."
He said and pointed.

We also do not want any Sleepers to be harmed, we thought your assistance would give us the best chance to get in and out and minimize collateral damage." He fell quiet again, though the mention of the Nephandi at the door had given him another thing to worry over. They never came knocking, it seemed, without offering a devil's bargain in their wake. Or pain.

"Hum...you may be right, I have been trained to take out Awakened quickly and discreetly, chances are I can get through these wards and take out one...maybe two of the guards before they get the time to retaliate, but what will these guards be, vampires as you say or Nephandi, that do make a difference on how effective I am, magick do little against me, but physical attacks while I am somewhat protected, there is a limit to how long I can withstand those."

Colin smiled thinly, "It is worse; my friend from the future told me I had told him I found and enlisted you to break through the wards. Essentially, he will not know unless I tell him. And I can sympathize with your headache - I don't understand what they are doing, either."

"Well time travel is possible, but I am a simple man I prefer not to think about it unless I have to."
The Cyborg grunted.

He shook his head, "My friend in the future will not seek you out; of that I am fairly certain. It is not as though I will give him your name or address, after all. In fact, once this is over, it is highly unlikely we shall ever meet again."

"Good."
Was all the former Iteration X operative said to that.

He nodded, "The girl is not Fallen. She is Awakened, though; that is part of what makes her an actual bargaining chip towards the vampires. And yes, it is a straight up hostage extraction - but we're asking you to help us do it, not to do it for us - an important distinction.

"Very well, I have no wish to see a child suffer..."
The man said his eyes turning dark as they flashed red again.
"Not again, I will help you get her out of there, but only under the condition that you will do your best to prevent sleeper casualties, I do not want innocent people drawn into this war. I left the Union to regain my humanity not lose more of it."
He said angrily.
"We go in, kill any Nephandi, get the girl, and get out, nothing more, then we part ways, that is the deal."
He said grumpily.

Your not wishing to be subdued by us is, of course, a generally wise choice, it just means we can't bring you with us the way we came; security concerns, you understand. Nevertheless, the offer to get you clear and let you off anywhere in the city stands."

"Just drop me off at the nearest bus stop, going by bus generally attract less attention than using a plane."
He said.
"And yes I understand your security concerns."

He frowned, "My companion asks a good question; what did the Nephandi want? And no, of course Boston is hardly off the map - but it could make for a good stepping stone on the way; to get clear of Chicago and move on from there."

"Well you are free to have a look at the man in my bath tub as well...hum...I guess that if I am leaving I better go and kill him, I can not leave him behind for the old woman who owns this apartment to find, or for him to starve to death restrained in the bathtub and I can not let him go..."
He said then he nodded.
"Anywhere I go the Union will eventually find me, I know how this will end, all I can do is eke out months or years before I am found and perhaps do some good in the meantime."
The Cyborg said darkly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:37 am

Friday:

You won't be throwing fireballs at people by the night, there's no need to rush it. You can explore as much as you need.

Oh,i meant i'll stay with you, i'll look for the others after this to show her the chantry around.

Saturday:

Tane remainded there after the imp want off
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:13 am

Friday:

Lily nodded she gave a bit of a smile.
"Well I was not really thinking about throwing fireballs..."
Then she looked rather surprised.
"Wait...wait there are actually fireballs? Like fantasy wizard fireballs?"

Narim nodded.
"Very well, please have a seat then, let me make us some tea while we talk, do any of you two want any?"
He said as he went to put on the water heater that stood on his desk.
"Yes thank you Sir."
Lily said with a smile.
"So let us start while we wait...now a Tradition is an organization and not all of us have the same view on magick, or Paradigm, but we often have Paradigms that are similar, for my Tradition the Virtual Adept that common Paradigm revolves around information, computers and data..."
The Virtual Adept begun.

Saturday:

You stand guard for another half hour or so when you see that Cita comes walking down the corridor, her laptop bag under one arm, the spirit healer give you a smile when she see you.
"Hello Tane."
She said.
"I am here to check on Beatrice."
Cita said and gave a tired smile, she looked like she had not slept for quite some time.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:16 am

Colin's face betrayed no emotion, "Well, yes, we do seem to be making Boston a trifle unhealthy for the bastards, good thinking with breaking his hands, too, the lot seems to have a number of gesture specialists in their ranks these days."
He glanced toward the bathroom, "Say, Freddy, do you think you could drop him in the trunk of one of the cars from here? Or would we have to carry him?"
He cleared his throat, "As for the guards, we expect Nephandi only. Vampires are still asleep; seems they have trouble with daylight hours, and I doubt they trust the Fallen enough to sleep in the same apartment with them."
He nodded, "We have an accord. That entire floor is, as I understand, vacant save for the apartment in question; that alone will help immensely in reducing casualty risk."
He turned to the rest of the group, "Alright, when we go in, please try to avoid shooting through windows. Stray bullets fly far and remain lethal at surprising ranges; we don't want any accidents to sully our Karma, as it were. And let us try to avoid leaving too much traceable resonance behind, in case the Syndicate construct decides to investigate the inevitable conflagration..."
Colin turned back and nodded sagely, "It's not a happy prospective future... but you might make it farther than you think, so long as you keep moving, and you could change a lot of lives for the better."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:36 am

Colin's face betrayed no emotion, "Well, yes, we do seem to be making Boston a trifle unhealthy for the bastards, good thinking with breaking his hands, too, the lot seems to have a number of gesture specialists in their ranks these days."

"I would have preferred not to cause the man pain, but I have no means to stop a mage from using maggick other than brute force, as for gesture specialists, not necessarily so, most tools and methods of what you call magick require either some sort of manipulation of objects or gestures or at least concentration, he will be able to do neither right now."
The cyborg said calmly.
"To me though it sounded like he was afraid of more than just the Traditions winning some victories over in Boston...well no matter it is not my buesniss."
He said dismissively.

He glanced toward the bathroom, "Say, Freddy, do you think you could drop him in the trunk of one of the cars from here? Or would we have to carry him?"

"If he was a cat, definitively, a grown man not so much, not yet I have just leaned to teleport myself love, I can not bring passengers yet."
She said and the Cyborg glanced from her to Colin.
"So you are taking him off my hands? Good, that saves me that trouble."
He said.
"And as I am leaving I do not need to worry about what the Traditions might be finding out about me from him."

He cleared his throat, "As for the guards, we expect Nephandi only. Vampires are still asleep; seems they have trouble with daylight hours, and I doubt they trust the Fallen enough to sleep in the same apartment with them."

"Would you sleep in the same apartment as a Fallen?"
The former Technocrat said and shrugged.
"Very well, we break in, I provide cover, the rest of you fling rotes, that is what you Traditionalists call it right? To take out the guards. One of the women go to get the girl and get her out of there and then we fall back, no prisoners, no fuss, we get the girl and get out."
He said.
"Can any of you create kinetic shields to protect yourself from bullets and other projectiles?"

He nodded, "We have an accord. That entire floor is, as I understand, vacant save for the apartment in question; that alone will help immensely in reducing casualty risk."

"That is correct, this Nicolai have the only occupied apartment on that floor at the moment and the floors above it are not yet completed."
Freddy said and glanced down at her phone. The cyborg just nodded.

He turned to the rest of the group, "Alright, when we go in, please try to avoid shooting through windows. Stray bullets fly far and remain lethal at surprising ranges; we don't want any accidents to sully our Karma, as it were. And let us try to avoid leaving too much traceable resonance behind, in case the Syndicate construct decides to investigate the inevitable conflagration..."

"Oh they will investigate it."
Freddy said and your new found, temporary ally nodded.
"In short let us try not to shoot wildly."
Adjan said and checked on his daggers.
"I prefer hand to hand combat anyway."
Francesca checked on something inside of her teddy bear purse.
"No shooting at the windows, got it."
She said.

Colin turned back and nodded sagely, "It's not a happy prospective future... but you might make it farther than you think, so long as you keep moving, and you could change a lot of lives for the better."

The cyborg nodded again.
"Well a few years living with honor is better than a hundred just existing."
He said then he gave a slight grin as his eyes flashed red again.
"And yeah I might get lucky and make it for a while, and that is for sure when the bastards eventually do catch up with me, I am taking some of them with me when I go down."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next