Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 10 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:51 am

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Predicting an empty tummy, accurately as always? Yes, there's a little girl who just arrived with her mother - the child is Awakened, the mother... not so much, but we might have gotten her the equivalent of a cup of strong coffee. Now, I was hoping to procure a blueberry muffin or two for the child, in case she's too excited to sleep, before I impose on the Chief again."

"It is good that I have some blueberry muffins done then, done with honey so they will not give anyone a sugar rush."
Mirri said as she placed a few of the muffins on a plate and poured up a glass of milk as well to go with it.
"I also have some relaxing herbal tea almost done for the mother."
She said and nodded towards the kettle.
"Would you like a cup of tea yourself Mr Wainwright? Before you speak with the Chief?"

Nodding toward the elderly Mage, he added, "I note Granite is fond of his lap, but is that really the best place for him to sleep?"

The Chef glanced out into the dining hall where you where pointing and sigh.
"Master Antonius, no I will take care of it and get him to his room, the poor man have probably forgotten where it is again. That over there is one of the Chantry's founders, he is on the Deacon Council but these days that is more of a honorary position as the man is starting to get quite senile and have been in a Stasis Quiet for some time, he do love that cat though and still manage to keep track of the books and teach his apprentice, though I fear that the time he will spend among us is starting to run out."
Mirri said sadly.
"I will help him to his bed."

Tane:

Friday:

Lily nodded she gave you a bright smile.
"The same Tane."
She said before Henrietta took her home. About fifteen minutes later the hedge wizard returned.
"Sorry to keep you waiting, shall we go to the Chantry then?"
She asked.

Saturday:

Henrietta nodded she went to find you and her a seat.
"Then I know which stop we are getting off at."
She said.

Nothing particularly unusual happened during the bus drive, you see two elderly women chatting, a young man was playing with his phone and a young mother was tending to a fussy baby, everything was normal all round you. After about half an hour Henrietta indicated that it was time to get of.

Once you leave the bus you notice that you are is a pretty poor part of town, the buildings around here where in a state of ill repair, you where right by a 7-11 but the shop had one window taped after someone had broken in, there where garbage on the ground and there where the desperation in the people around you's eyes that indicated that they where poor and had few options in life. You see Coawa had gotten there before you and stood at the bus stop waiting, he gave you a nod as you arrived with Henrietta. The hedge wizard smiles to Coawa and fish her phone out of her pocket to check an app with a city map.
"Allright then, I think the parking lot we are looking for is in this direction."
She said and pointed then she glanced around and sigh.
"You know guys, this place is really sad looking."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 10 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Adley Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:03 am

"Yes...Ah much more practical communication."

[i]'In order to help keep the place protected, the Name I will tell you should be kept as secret as your own and is not to be given to anyone else, please. Just as yours is kept safe from those that might mean to do you harm, I would like my friend to stay safe as well, so that we can all perform our functions satisfactorily," he requested as politely as he could.

// demolition and cleanup stage is done!
ooc 2 - I don't know where Adley is gonna be when Colin gets back quite yet - if he's still having clandestine phone calls in the ritual room not or upstairs with some the others, so as soon as I have an idea of that I will respond to that part of Warp's post with the text.
ooc 2.5 - hope your game goes awesome, Warp. Hope to hear from you before a two week stint in the slammer xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:58 am

"I will not speak your friend's name to anyone. I am well treated here, I was not bound to protect this Chantry against my will, and the one called Joakim never hurt me, many mages though are not kind to spirits, they are rude and demanding and think we are tools and playthings to use and discard, I do not want that to happen to someone."
The Earth elemental said in a serious tone of voice.
"It is impossible to perform one's function when someone try to use you, it is most intolerable, I will say nothing and I am most trustworthy, I keep my domain safe you know, not everyone here knows it but I am actually quite important."
The giant stone snake sounded like a content, proud cat again.
"Your friend will be safe."

(OOC: Ah well I am glad the sink situation is closer to being sorted out.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:05 am

Colin grinned, "You are a gem, miss Mirri. If not for the diplomatic repercussions, I would love to recruit you to Steelhaven Hall. Well, the undiplomatic repercussions are the real concern, to be honest - Flambeau with no fear of Paradox are normally bad for one's health. A cup of tea would be lovely, if you could have it ready in a couple of minutes, and I'll just pop over with the tray for the young ladies. Earl Grey if you have it, a drop of milk?"
He found a small serving tray and carefully stacked up the plate and the glass on it, and glanced toward the venerable master, "Ah, so that's him... Poor fellow, not a good way to go, but it seems Granite still trusts him implicitly, so at least he can't be that... difficult?"

((OOC: Crimes against Humanity usually have harsher punishments than two weeks in the slammer. Trial time, on the other hand... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:56 am

Colin grinned, "You are a gem, miss Mirri. If not for the diplomatic repercussions, I would love to recruit you to Steelhaven Hall. Well, the undiplomatic repercussions are the real concern, to be honest - Flambeau with no fear of Paradox are normally bad for one's health. A cup of tea would be lovely, if you could have it ready in a couple of minutes, and I'll just pop over with the tray for the young ladies. Earl Grey if you have it, a drop of milk?"

Mirri gave a bit of a heathy laugh as she finished making a tray with muffins, milk and a cup of tea for Tamara and her daughter.
"You flatter me Mr Wainwright, I am quite content here though, Morningstar have been good to me, while many Chantries would have scoffed at an Orphan, well you know how it is."
She said then she nodded.
"I do indeed have Earl Gray and milk, I will have it ready for you when you come back."

He found a small serving tray and carefully stacked up the plate and the glass on it, and glanced toward the venerable master, "Ah, so that's him... Poor fellow, not a good way to go, but it seems Granite still trusts him implicitly, so at least he can't be that... difficult?"

"Master Antonius is still kind that have never changed, and luckily it is not one of the more serious forms of dementia, his personality remains the same, he just get more and more forgetful, I have not put my nose in his medical issues but I suspect it is his heart that is the problem, not the brain itself. I had an aunt that was like that, every so often her heart would not be strong enough to deliver enough blood to the brain and she would get very forgetful, but her personality stayed the same, she just slept allot and forgot things like which room was hers and if she had eaten that day. To be honest I think the old man is getting tired, he is very old and have seen much both good and ill in his life, I wonder though if this is how he would have wanted to go, just slowly fading away instead of going out in a blaze of glory, he might not be Flambeau but he is of House Tytalus and they are almost as bad with that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:04 pm

"It is impossible to perform one's function when someone try to use you, it is most intolerable, I will say nothing and I am most trustworthy, I keep my domain safe you know, not everyone here knows it but I am actually quite important." The giant stone snake sounded like a content, proud cat again. "Your friend will be safe.

Adley gave the spirit a nod. 'I agree, I would much rather have a friendly relationship with those spirits I would like to work with instead of an antagonistic one, it is much better for both parties involved. Do you have a nickname...a placeholder name for your true Name...that I might employ while dealing with you?' Then he continued, Very well then, if no one else can hear us, let's finish up so you can return to your duties. My friend's Name is thus,' he thought to him once given the clear, directing the Name he was taught to use to call his friend to his side to the chantry's Guardian before him.

// yup it's getting there!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Adley gave the spirit a nod. 'I agree, I would much rather have a friendly relationship with those spirits I would like to work with instead of an antagonistic one, it is much better for both parties involved.

"Hum...it seams you might indeed be a good man after all."
The Umbrood said, he sounded approving of your notion of having a friendly working relationship with spirits rather than using force.

Do you have a nickname...a placeholder name for your true Name...that I might employ while dealing with you?'

"The one who called me here calls me Petram but the younger mages call me Onix and giggle allot, rude little hooligans that they are, apparently they find it extremely amusing for some reason, they even say I need a horn...I do not need a horn thank you very much!"
The Umbrood grumbled.
"Petram is fine, you may call me that."

Then he continued, Very well then, if no one else can hear us, let's finish up so you can return to your duties. My friend's Name is thus,' he thought to him once given the clear, directing the Name he was taught to use to call his friend to his side to the chantry's Guardian before him.

"I can see his personality now."
Petram said as if the little imp was enough for him to know him.
"I have opened the wards for the imp, he can come and go as he please, provided that he behave properly."
He said then he glanced at Adley.
"Now if you do not mind carrier of the beacon inside, I want to return to my function, someone one in this domain are sure to be doing something I do not like, really this place would fall apart without me."
The Umbrood said smugly.

(OOC: You have had quite a job then with cleaning up the mess.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Colin grinned, "I do indeed know how it is - and it helps when we can do something inherently useful. Like cooking for the culinarily disinclined or making their shinies. Still, I do fear I would become the subject of some undiplomatic attempts at problem solving if I were to abscond with you."
He pondered for a moment, "I don't know that the Tytalus, or even the Flambeau would necessarily want to go out in a blaze of glory... I think it might be more accurate to suggest they favour a clear and definitive end to it all, as opposed to fading away slowly. There is something to be said for having the option to make a clean departure, whether surrounded by loved ones or knee-deep in enemies on the battlefield, rather than withering away in mind and body... Not, mind, that I would presume to speak for him on the subject; for all I know he's happy surrounded by those he cares for, even if he's a little frustrated that he's not firing on all cylinders quite so easily anymore."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Colin grinned, "I do indeed know how it is - and it helps when we can do something inherently useful. Like cooking for the culinarily disinclined or making their shinies. Still, I do fear I would become the subject of some undiplomatic attempts at problem solving if I were to abscond with you."

"Yes when we are useful we do get more respect, then again while not everyone here is kind, most are, and most of the mages of Morningstar have treated me no worse for being an Orphan than they would a member of a Tradition."
Mirri said then she smiles a little.
"Ah Mr Wainwright I do think you are exaggerating my importance, I just try to make sure everyone at the Chantry eats well."

He pondered for a moment, "I don't know that the Tytalus, or even the Flambeau would necessarily want to go out in a blaze of glory... I think it might be more accurate to suggest they favour a clear and definitive end to it all, as opposed to fading away slowly.

"I am not sure about House Tytalus, but the Flambeau, they do desire to go out in a blaze of glory, you see their Founder, he went with his apprentice to stop the sorcerers of the Turkish army that where invading, at least I think they where Turks, in either case the battle was going poorly so Flambeau told his apprentice to flee and then cast a death spell, taking the entire invading army with him as he died and creating a several kilometer crater in the process, now every one of his followers desire to end the same way, that is why they have paintings of that scene everywhere."

There is something to be said for having the option to make a clean departure, whether surrounded by loved ones or knee-deep in enemies on the battlefield, rather than withering away in mind and body... Not, mind, that I would presume to speak for him on the subject; for all I know he's happy surrounded by those he cares for, even if he's a little frustrated that he's not firing on all cylinders quite so easily anymore."

"I certainly can understand that Mr Wainwright and I think that when my time comes, that be tomorrow or in a hundred years I would like it to end quickly rather than just fading away. I do not know what Master Antonius would have wanted though, in a way I do think he is happy, he is well cared for, he have a young apprentice and friends, on the other hand in many ways it is an...undignified end to a great magus."
Mirri said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Colin chuckled, "I do think, though, you are well beloved above what some of the most, hm, 'traditional' Traditionalists would consider your station... Morningstar's appreciation of you would likely be difficult to overestimate."
He pondered, "Well, I suppose going out in a way that alters the local geography would be impressive and fairly quick and definitive..."
He smiled, "Dignity is largely what one makes of it... I know a few men, old soldiers, whose digestions end in plastic bags strapped under their clothes, and who have a little trouble remembering which year it is... but it is a poor fool who expresses pity toward them. They still have enough dignity to stand with a straight back in spite of their ills. Regardless, I'll be back in a few minutes."
He picked up the tray and made his way to the apartments above the garage, trying to find out which room Tamara and Egypt had been brought to.

((OOC: Well, game went well; party managed to eventually get past the Awakened rats (with Adventurer levels), and eventually found the time for a second quest, leading them down the trap-filled Special Guest Entrance to the local copper dragon's lair... And it seems I'll not be hogtied and sent to The Hague after all. Good thing. Next week, I'll throw a Sahuagin Wererat at'em. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:51 am

"The one who called me here calls me Petram but the younger mages call me Onix and giggle allot, rude little hooligans that they are, apparently they find it extremely amusing for some reason, they even say I need a horn...I do not need a horn thank you very much!" The Umbrood grumbled. "Petram is fine, you may call me that."

'Perhaps I can explain. There is an entertainment story about children who encounter different types of monstrous beings. The one called Onix bears a passing resemblance to you, though of course it is rude to call one a Name they dislike or do not understand. However, as you wish to be called Petram I will call you that. Thank you for telling it to me.'

"I have opened the wards for the imp, he can come and go as he please, provided that he behave properly." He said then he glanced at Adley. "Now if you do not mind carrier of the beacon inside, I want to return to my function, someone one in this domain are sure to be doing something I do not like, really this place would fall apart without me."

'Thank you. Beacon...earth elementals like yourself call have called that which is with me that. I will not keep you from your duties, thank you for your assistance. Be well.'

// wall fixed, floor pulled up, spackle and paint happening. LOL Warp, I read your ooc comment as 'they fell through the very special guest trap door, which I guess qualifies as a trap-filled special enterance xD glad it went well ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:16 am

Colin:

Colin chuckled, "I do think, though, you are well beloved above what some of the most, hm, 'traditional' Traditionalists would consider your station... Morningstar's appreciation of you would likely be difficult to overestimate."

"You are to kind Mr Wainwright."
Mirri said said gave you a warm smile though.

He pondered, "Well, I suppose going out in a way that alters the local geography would be impressive and fairly quick and definitive..."

"It is certainly a way to leave a mark...literary. But yes what the Flambeau desires is not so much to go out in a big explosion as it is to die in battle and do something big, to have a meaningful death."

He smiled, "Dignity is largely what one makes of it... I know a few men, old soldiers, whose digestions end in plastic bags strapped under their clothes, and who have a little trouble remembering which year it is... but it is a poor fool who expresses pity toward them. They still have enough dignity to stand with a straight back in spite of their ills. Regardless, I'll be back in a few minutes."

"You are right about that Mr Wainwright, dignity in many ways are a inner condition far more than an outer one."
The Orphan chef said and nodded.
"Very well then I will have your tea ready for when you are back then."

He picked up the tray and made his way to the apartments above the garage, trying to find out which room Tamara and Egypt had been brought to.

You go to the secondary building, it was an apartment building of sort and it had three floors filled with small apartments, the floors where hard wood with red carpets and the walls where cream white with a painting or other decoration here and there. As you make your way up the first set of stairs you see Derrick there on his way down. Everywhere in the building you hear the sound of people living there, doors where opened and closed, you hear someone chatting, and a woman shouted across the hall above you to her neighbor about returning a pan. Derrick smiles to you when he sees you.
"Hello Mr Wainwright."
He said politely.

Adley:

'Perhaps I can explain. There is an entertainment story about children who encounter different types of monstrous beings. The one called Onix bears a passing resemblance to you, though of course it is rude to call one a Name they dislike or do not understand. However, as you wish to be called Petram I will call you that. Thank you for telling it to me.'

"I see, I assume this figure in the children's story have a horn then...even so I am not amusing."
The Umbrood grumbled.
"If they want this critter from their story, then they need to go to the realm the story have created and not bother me about it."
He added.
"Yes Petram is a good name."

'Thank you. Beacon...earth elementals like yourself call have called that which is with me that. I will not keep you from your duties, thank you for your assistance. Be well.'

"That which is inside of you shines, but not like a lamp or a candle, he is a guide that is a beacon on where to go."
Petram explained.
"Be well mage...be safe."
The elemental said then the rolled like a string of beads and sort of vanished into the chamber's stone walls, leaving behind only the sound of rolling boulders that lasted for a while after he was gone.

(OOC: Quite a job to be done for sure. Also Warp that do sound like a good game. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:23 am

Colin nodded, "Victory is everything; but it is defined by accomplishing your objectives, not by your surviving the fight... I can understand and respect that attitude. All too well."
He nodded to Derrick, "Mr. Johnson, perfect. Pray tell, where did you quarter the young ladies? Your Mirri had a snack prepared for them when I swung by, so I might as well bring it up."

((OOC: Yeah, it was a good game. And no, it wasn't a trap door. It was a tunnel, going down, with traps like Grease, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, an illusory Raiders of the Lost Ark boulder and an illusory pit. And a very real crossbeam between the boulder and the pit - the half-orc monk ran into that one... Very Happy Copper dragons are incurable pranksters. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:25 am

Colin nodded, "Victory is everything; but it is defined by accomplishing your objectives, not by your surviving the fight... I can understand and respect that attitude. All too well."

"Sometimes you have to do something that means more than your own life, and there are then few sacrifices that are to great to achieve such a goal, and if one have to lay down one's life for such a greater cause, then one have died well, though I prefer not to die."
Mirri said with a serious expression on her face and then a warm smile.

He nodded to Derrick, "Mr. Johnson, perfect. Pray tell, where did you quarter the young ladies? Your Mirri had a snack prepared for them when I swung by, so I might as well bring it up."

Derrick nodded he pointed up the stairs.
"Room 2-23 right up on the second floor."
The hedge wizard said and smiles.
"I do think our guests might just need a snack now to help them settle in."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Colin nodded to Derrick, "Very good, then - and it seems Mirri had the same idea. If you would excuse me?"
He made a quick, polite bow, and strode upstairs with the late-night treat, and knocked on the door, "Tamara? The cook had something prepared for your arrival."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:25 pm

"She often do Mr Wainwright, yes off course, be well."
The hedge wizard said and inclined his head to you before he left down the stairs.

Tamara open the door and let you in, she was looking a little less shaken but she was still wide eyed and looked like if she had gotten to much information this night.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, thank you and be sure to thank the cook as well."
She said and smiled. You see that the apartment she had been given was simple but comfortable, you see a cozy living room with a blue sofa and two blue chairs, and an old living room table, there was an old TV there, the floor was wood with a brown carpet and the walls where covered in light cray wallpaper with a butterfly print, and in the back was a small kitchenette with blue tiles and brown appliances. Tamara took the tray and put it on the table. Egypt was sitting in a chair and had already fallen asleep but she wake up when you come in and waves to you happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Colin grinned to Tamara, "Oh, I'm sure you'll get to see the cook tomorrow, but I'll bring on your gratitude nonetheless."
He carefully handed the tray over, "When I got in, she was taking these blueberry muffins out of the oven - careful, they're still a bit on the hot side - and fixed you up a cuppa herbal tea, and a glass of milk for Egypt. Mirri is... rather magical, really; the true treasure of Chantry Morningstar."
He bowed politely, "And now, I'm afraid I have to bid you adieu; tonight I must fight again, it seems, and then return to Boston and prevent an atrocity..."
He sighed, "It's been a long week, but at least tomorrow, we should see the end of it... and the beginning of the next week."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Colin grinned to Tamara, "Oh, I'm sure you'll get to see the cook tomorrow, but I'll bring on your gratitude nonetheless."

"Thank you I appreciate it. Yes I was told that the cook here have a daughter about Egypt's age, and apparently two other women have young children here as well, it will be nice for Egypt to have some playmates while we are here."

He carefully handed the tray over, "When I got in, she was taking these blueberry muffins out of the oven - careful, they're still a bit on the hot side - and fixed you up a cuppa herbal tea, and a glass of milk for Egypt. Mirri is... rather magical, really; the true treasure of Chantry Morningstar."

"How did she know?"
Tamara asked as she handed the glass of milk to Egypt.
"Both hards honey...there you go."
She said then she continued.
"Well a cup of tea is heaven sent right now."
She said and sat down and sippet the tea contentedly before she checked the temperature on the muffins to see if it was safe to hand one to her daughter.
"Thank you."
Then she raised an eyebrow.
"What is a Chantry?"

He bowed politely, "And now, I'm afraid I have to bid you adieu; tonight I must fight again, it seems, and then return to Boston and prevent an atrocity..."
He sighed, "It's been a long week, but at least tomorrow, we should see the end of it... and the beginning of the next week."

"I would ask Mr Wainwright, but I am not sure I want to know what you will be fighting against."
Tamara said then she sigh and nodded.
"Goodbye then and thank you for your aid...and if you can get word to Tian, you said he no longer have his phone the thank him as well...oh and Mr Wainwright, try to stay safe."
She said and gave you a warm smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:28 pm

"I see, I assume this figure in the children's story have a horn then...even so I am not amusing." The Umbrood grumbled. "If they want this critter from their story, then they need to go to the realm the story have created and not bother me about it."

'Not everyone is prepared for what such a journey entails to go there, it can be very dangerous but they have seen the story. One could wonder if the creators did not see something in the spirit lands or their dreams so their imaginations developed creatures as close as they did, even if they did give it a horn. But your duties are serious, yes. He found it interesting to think about an entire realm devoted to stories, like Neverland for Peter Pan or a collective wish fulfilled but there was not much time to ponder the implications outside of the fact it could be devastatingly dangerous to those unprepared.

"That which is inside of you shines, but not like a lamp or a candle, he is a guide that is a beacon on where to go." Petram explained. "Be well mage...be safe."

He waved to Petram as he departed, leaving the area rumbling and grumbling like boulders down a hillside and put the stone back away. He took his phone out to send a single word message to his pater, 'ok' to let him know he was ready to receive Poodle for visitation. Then he walked the warding circle again and sat down inside, contemplating how to set up the message.

// ouch D: clotheslined by a pranking dragon

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Colin grinned, "Over the next few days, I expect you'll find that a lot of people have inexplicable little knacks like that - the resident cook knows in advance how much food she needs to prepare for whom, and there are never leftovers, and I can always tell what the next card drawn will be, or what a die roll will come to. Subtle things that would seem like a coincidence, until it happens over and over and over..."
He smiled thinly, "A Chantry is, well, a Mage alone and in the open is vulnerable. If they have the resources, a Cabal - that's a small group of Magi, similar to an infantry squad, or a group of close friends - might found a Chantry; a shelter with defenses, pooled resources, workshops, libraries and other conveniencies. It's a place of safety, of learning and of power. Different Chantries have different purposes and philosophies, different forms... and, of course, some aren't usually called Chantries, due to philosophical disagreements with the word's origins. You'll be... taught these terms fairly soon, I expect."
He nodded, "You are right, you'd rather not know what I'll be fighting... The resident Security Chief, Joakim, is in possession of the phone. If Tian calls again, you'll want to let the Chief know you want to give him that message... And thank you."
He lightly ruffled Egypt's hair, and headed back down to the dining hall for a quick cuppa tea before chaos returned...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Adley:

'Not everyone is prepared for what such a journey entails to go there, it can be very dangerous but they have seen the story. One could wonder if the creators did not see something in the spirit lands or their dreams so their imaginations developed creatures as close as they did, even if they did give it a horn.

"Well if they do not wish to go to such a realm, then they can leave me be about it."
The Umbrood grumbled.
"But I guess young mages will be young mages, it is quite impractical that your kind are not born complete, that you change is most confusing...most confusing indeed."

But your duties are serious, yes. He found it interesting to think about an entire realm devoted to stories, like Neverland for Peter Pan or a collective wish fulfilled but there was not much time to ponder the implications outside of the fact it could be devastatingly dangerous to those unprepared.

"Yes indeed I am important."
Petram said proudly.
"I do my duties and keep this domain safe."

He waved to Petram as he departed, leaving the area rumbling and grumbling like boulders down a hillside and put the stone back away. He took his phone out to send a single word message to his pater, 'ok' to let him know he was ready to receive Poodle for visitation. Then he walked the warding circle again and sat down inside, contemplating how to set up the message.

After you have walked the warding circle again and contemplated for a while you can feel and then see Poodle, the little imp rushed towards you excitedly and stood looking at you with his big, molten eyes all but wriggling it's tail as he looked at you joyfully, seemingly expecting praise for having gone where he was sent, your Mentor truly did spoil the little spirit.
"Hi...my Master sent me to talk with you...it was hard to get here, I am not used to leaving home and going very far, though in a way there are no such thing as distance..."
The imp said just to make you well aware about why he deserved praise and perhaps a treat.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Over the next few days, I expect you'll find that a lot of people have inexplicable little knacks like that - the resident cook knows in advance how much food she needs to prepare for whom, and there are never leftovers, and I can always tell what the next card drawn will be, or what a die roll will come to. Subtle things that would seem like a coincidence, until it happens over and over and over..."

"Y....yes because you are all mages?"
The young woman asked then she sigh.
"What have I gotten myself into, through truth to be told that ability you say your Chef have do seam to be a rather useful one."
Tamara said and handed a muffing to Egypt after she had decided it was cold enough. The little girl grinned and started to chew on the muffin contentedly.

He smiled thinly, "A Chantry is, well, a Mage alone and in the open is vulnerable. If they have the resources, a Cabal - that's a small group of Magi, similar to an infantry squad, or a group of close friends - might found a Chantry; a shelter with defenses, pooled resources, workshops, libraries and other conveniencies. It's a place of safety, of learning and of power. Different Chantries have different purposes and philosophies, different forms... and, of course, some aren't usually called Chantries, due to philosophical disagreements with the word's origins. You'll be... taught these terms fairly soon, I expect."

"I see so a Chantry are a group of...mages...hell it feels weird saying that...living and working together? You know that actually makes allot of sense."
Tamara said and nodded, she took a muffin herself as well and slowly chewed on it.
"So this place is a Chantry...do that mean that everyone I have seen thus far here are...well are like that man who made fire from his hands...I mean how did he do that I...this is all to strange."
She complained and put her tea down to massage the sides of her head.
"How can you function in all of this craziness Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded, "You are right, you'd rather not know what I'll be fighting... The resident Security Chief, Joakim, is in possession of the phone. If Tian calls again, you'll want to let the Chief know you want to give him that message... And thank you."

"I will do that...but Mr Wainwright tell me...are Tian in danger?"
Tamara said and looked at Egypt.
"I want my child to have a father growing up. And the way you say he have abandoned his phone and with everything going on, I am getting quite concerned about him."

He lightly ruffled Egypt's hair, and headed back down to the dining hall for a quick cuppa tea before chaos returned...

Egypt giggled as you ruffle her dark hair. You go back to the dining hall. You see the young woman, Mirri's apprentice, helping old Master Antonius out of the room and towards his chambers presumably, Granite followed the pair and maued happily. There where no one else in the dining room at this moment and Mirri came out of the kitchen and put a hot cup of tea before you.
"Here you look like you could need two minutes to relax Mr Wainwright."
She said and produced a muffin for you as well.
"And a light bite to eat as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Colin nodded, "Because we are Magi, yes. Though, she's not my chef. My home Chantry is in Boston; I'm just visiting. And a Chantry is technically the home, or stronghold, where Cabals of Mages live and work. Sort of how a college is the buildings, classrooms and laboratories; the physical structures."
He smiled, "Mr. Johnson is one kind of magical talent... there are a few differences; you'll learn soon enough. As for how I function, well, I'm British. Copious amounts of tea, a stiff upper lip, and I keep calm and carry on."
He frowned and lowered his voice, "Tian... I'm not sure how much danger he is in, whether in the long or short term. What I know for certain is that there are people who want him dead or worse, for a number of reasons, and that he is currently relatively safe in the care of one who'll try to get him out of Chicago... He did ask... well, he requested that we try to arrange a grave for you and Egypt to go to, so you wouldn't remember him as a deadbeat dad. He wanted to make sure Egypt grows up safe, and thinking of him fondly; that... remains possible, even though he... made a horrible deal before you two even met. In short... I don't know how much danger he is in directly, but in time... I fear a grim end will catch up to him eventually. Before then, the two of you will hear many things said about him; how he's a demon cultist, a Nephandus, and other things. When those things are said, you need to remind Egypt that while Tian is a Nephandus, he also loves his little girl very much, and gave up everything to keep her safe, to give her a world to grow up in. Don't allow her to grow up hating her daddy..."

He gave Mirri a weary smile and took a goodly swig of his tea, "Bless you, Mirri... it has been a long week full of all sorts of, if you'll pardon the expression, fuckery, starting with the simple, innocent task of going to retrieve some tass from a node. As it turned out, that was easier said than done..."
He sighed and took a nibble out of the muffin, "And two minutes... that should mean I'll finish the muffin hand have a mouthful of tea left, and then my Cabalmate Adley will come to hunt me down to indulge in further mayhem..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Colin nodded, "Because we are Magi, yes. Though, she's not my chef. My home Chantry is in Boston; I'm just visiting. And a Chantry is technically the home, or stronghold, where Cabals of Mages live and work. Sort of how a college is the buildings, classrooms and laboratories; the physical structures."

"Hum...I see are there allot of these Chantries? How many are there? This sounds like you are having a rather complicated society, how can you keep all of this a secret?"
Tamara asked as she sipped a bit of her tea.

He smiled, "Mr. Johnson is one kind of magical talent... there are a few differences; you'll learn soon enough. As for how I function, well, I'm British. Copious amounts of tea, a stiff upper lip, and I keep calm and carry on."

"I did hear that from your accent Mr Wainwright."
Tamara said and she gave a bit of an amused grin.
"I guess you would need that in this kind of environment, as for these various sorts of magical talent I guess it is like you say, I will learn in time."
She agreed through she looked rather doubtful.

He frowned and lowered his voice, "Tian... I'm not sure how much danger he is in, whether in the long or short term. What I know for certain is that there are people who want him dead or worse, for a number of reasons, and that he is currently relatively safe in the care of one who'll try to get him out of Chicago... He did ask... well, he requested that we try to arrange a grave for you and Egypt to go to, so you wouldn't remember him as a deadbeat dad. He wanted to make sure Egypt grows up safe, and thinking of him fondly;

Tamara nodded she looks at her daughter and lower her voice as well.
"So you are telling me he could die, that some of those who are after Tian...want to kill him?"
The young mother asked sounding frightened.
"Yes he would say that, now would he not, he would not want to just vanish of the face of the earth into some secret society but make sure me and Egypt knew he did not leave by choice...damn it I hope he stays safe."
Tamara whispered.

that... remains possible, even though he... made a horrible deal before you two even met. In short... I don't know how much danger he is in directly, but in time... I fear a grim end will catch up to him eventually. Before then, the two of you will hear many things said about him; how he's a demon cultist, a Nephandus, and other things. When those things are said, you need to remind Egypt that while Tian is a Nephandus, he also loves his little girl very much, and gave up everything to keep her safe, to give her a world to grow up in. Don't allow her to grow up hating her daddy..."

"I would never let Egypt grow up to hate Tian, he have always done right by us, even if he to was just a kid when I found out that I was pregnant he stepped up. I do not care what else he is, he is a good man."
Tamara said softly as she handed another muffin to Egypt and spoke in a hushed tone so the little girl would not get what was being discussed.
"But can nothing be done for him? What have Tian done that are so bad, if these Nephandi want him dead, can you not help him as you helped me?"
The young woman asked pleadingly.

He gave Mirri a weary smile and took a goodly swig of his tea, "Bless you, Mirri... it has been a long week full of all sorts of, if you'll pardon the expression, fuckery, starting with the simple, innocent task of going to retrieve some tass from a node. As it turned out, that was easier said than done..."

"I have a teenage apprentice Mr Wainwright I have heard stronger terms than that."
Mirri said she sat down on a chair by your table for a moment.
"The worst times in one's lives often start simple, that is what I have figured out, I guess that someone find some irony in the whole house coming tumbling down when you go to hang a picture on the wall."
The Orphan said and shook her head.
"But what can we do my good man? Things are what they are and all we can do is live with them."

He sighed and took a nibble out of the muffin, "And two minutes... that should mean I'll finish the muffin hand have a mouthful of tea left, and then my Cabalmate Adley will come to hunt me down to indulge in further mayhem..."

"All I know my good man is that all you have time for is one cup of tea and a single muffin, I do not know why, I do not use more magick than what come natural for such things as I do not want to pry. I have packed a few more of them up for you, if you should like them, you can pick the box up at the kitchen on your way out."
She said and smiled. The muffin was delicious, it was fluffy but baked with whole grain, with real blueberries not just jam making it a fairly filling little snack that was not to sweet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Colin shrugged, "There are pretty much a few in every major city. I don't know how many, but they are of different sizes; some consist of several multi-story apartment buildings like Morningstar here, others might be just a little fancy manor in the suburbs, and yet another might be hidden away in a university basement."
He smiled, "Bizarre though it may sound - you get used to it. Although I will admit, I have occasionally wondered if perhaps I was killed in Iraqu when a missile hit my helicopter, and this is just an extended dying hallucination, or perhaps some strange, magical afterlife. I'm fairly sure it's still the same Earth, the same life, though."
He pondered for a moment, face growing serious, "Perhaps I shouldn't be telling you this, but... when he was twelve, Sebastian Silverberg and his Mentor disappeared. They were captured by the Nephandi, and the Mentor was tortured. Eventually, the young boy agreed to join the Nephandi if that meant he could end his Mentor's suffering. Joining the Nephandi means going into a bad place where your Avatar is tortured and twisted for seemingly a thousand years until you emerge with the Avatar turned into a twisted parody of what it once was... A noble angelic figure might be turned into a faceless husk weeping blood or something like that; it's a dreadful thing to do to the closest companion you'll ever have. When Tian came out of that, he killed his Mentor and ended his suffering. I can say this much, though, Tian does not kill gladly. I could tell from his eyes when he had me dead to rights earlier today, and ran away instead of blowing my head off with an energy bolt... He is considered an Enemy of Creation for what he did to his Avatar, and the punishment for that is the flaying of his Avatar, usually followed by an immediate, mercifully painless execution. And he is a traitor to the Nephandi, who likely will seek to catch him and torture him, making sure his injuries don't kill him until they've had their fun. The Nephandi in general are vicious, vindictive and cruel, and they'll not take lightly to Tian's treachery... I know of one thing that can possibly save him, but that will require possibly years of research first... for better of worse, Tian must remain a fugitive until the damage to his Avatar can be undone... if possible. So no, I cannot help him like I've helped you. Still, that doesn't keep me from aiding the research that might someday bring him back, as it were... It's a long shot, but it's the best he has, I'm afraid..."

He smiled to Mirri, "Things may be what they are, but nothing is impervious to change... If things are unacceptable, it's rather our duty to change them into something acceptable - and as Magi, we have more power to change things than most. The question, of course, is whether someone of greater power resists that change... but we must still try."
He grinned wryly, "Well, if you packed them up - and these muffins are delicious - that at least suggests I won't be hurled straight into a battle right away."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:12 pm

"But I guess young mages will be young mages, it is quite impractical that your kind are not born complete, that you change is most confusing...most confusing indeed."

'It is part of our development, as material beings.' He left it at that, it was part of their dual nature, confusing for them to transform from children to adults as much as the spirit in front of him, but manifesting whole, like Athena from Zeus's head was equally puzzling to him as a mortal magus since it meant that there wouldn't ever be any potential to be anything else but one thing.

"Hi...my Master sent me to talk with you...it was hard to get here, I am not used to leaving home and going very far, though in a way there are no such thing as distance..."

Adley smiled as he saw Poodle appear, he just looked so damn happy to be there talking to him. And he had the begging eyes on, to boot. "You did very well to get here," he said, giving him praise in Enochian. "Is something out of the ordinary out there that made it harder for you than normal to travel?" he asked, then came to sit cross legged near him in the circle. "I would like you to stay in the circle with me here, please while we talk and complete our tasks."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next