Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:35 am

Colin smiled warmly, "I do believe we're all born with one... most just don't wake up and become active; I'm given to understand they usually have to reincarnate afew times before they are strong enough to do so. Yours is probably still sleeping, as well."
He nodded, "Your daughter will have protections here - teachers, guardians, and I'm quite certain they would rather work with you than against you in that respect."
As Mark stopped the car, Colin gave the door a light tap with his Chaos wand, dismissing the cloaking effect, and stepped outside to open the door for Tamara and Egypt, "Ah, ladies and gentlemen, may I present Tamara Brooke and her daughter Egypt. Tamara, these are various Mages; they're, um, Rosario Dane there, Alex Horton over there, and I'm afraid I don't know the others' names... Can any of you make sure there were no spiritual followers here? I think I confused them all, but I can't tell..."

((OOC: So, your sink entropically progressed to sunk?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:16 am

Adley:

"My friend is coming to perform a specific task and then return home to complete it," he explained.

"Very well, I guess I can allow that...what are your friend's name and I will let him in, but I want you, no funny business, that boy that works with darker entities...Simon tried to summon one a few...ah there it is again that time concept it is so impractical do you not think it is time you humans grew up and let go of such useless concepts? Anyway that boy summoned something from the lower Umbra and I had to chase it away, I took a good bite out of it...have you any idea how bad lower Umbral entities taste? Well do you?"
The Umbrood grumbled as he went on his tangent.
"Let us not have a repeat of that. I only want well behaved spirits here, do you understand?"

Later:

"If he's got the girl and mother, they should be checked out as well in case they tried some other method to get at them, though with care obviously. We don't want to scare them, plus the mother is a sleeper.

"Off course, once they are placed in an apartment and feel safe I will get them checked out in an non intrusive way."
Joakim said and agreed.

This will be a bit of an eye opening experience, I do hope everyone is alright.

"I hope so to young man, I hope so to, and yes the mother of the little girl is about to have a rather eye opening experience indeed."

At any rate, being a mother hen will get nothing accomplished, so I shall see you soon."

"Indeed...well I will see you later Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim said, he showed you out of his office then hurried to his next appointment, probably then with Morningstar's Deacon Council.

Colin:

Colin smiled warmly, "I do believe we're all born with one... most just don't wake up and become active; I'm given to understand they usually have to reincarnate afew times before they are strong enough to do so. Yours is probably still sleeping, as well."

"So you are telling me there is a thing, a man or a peacock or something sleeping inside of me. Heavens do you know how creepy that sounds? I mean like...something alive...inside of me, just sleeping...that is really something."
Tamara said and she did look honestly rather creeped out.

He nodded, "Your daughter will have protections here - teachers, guardians, and I'm quite certain they would rather work with you than against you in that respect."

"Good, and I do thank you for that, but since I do not know you people I can not just trust you with my child's safety just yet."
The young mother said.
"Though off course I do appreciate your efforts."

As Mark stopped the car, Colin gave the door a light tap with his Chaos wand, dismissing the cloaking effect, and stepped outside to open the door for Tamara and Egypt, "Ah, ladies and gentlemen, may I present Tamara Brooke and her daughter Egypt. Tamara, these are various Mages; they're, um, Rosario Dane there, Alex Horton over there, and I'm afraid I don't know the others' names... Can any of you make sure there were no spiritual followers here? I think I confused them all, but I can't tell..."

"Johnson...my name is Johnson."
The elder hedge wizard said and he nodded.
"That is why I am here."
He said as he pulled out his wand and an ritual dagger and started chanting in Latin. Tamara looked at him as if he had just grown horns. Egypt though giggles as you help her out of the car.
"That man speaks funny."
She said. The rest of the group gave a wave to the new arrivals and the tall blond girl said.
"My name is Samantha Kelly, it is a pleasure to meet you all."
Tamara nodded but she looked rather skeptical.
"Likewise..."
She muttered.

(OOC: Well Entropy will get the job done.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Colin smiled, "Think of it rather like your gut bacteria. They're helping you cope with things you otherwise couldn't digest, and so long as they are there, you're just fine. You don't have to think about them, and would really want them to stay, as well."
He nodded, "Fair warning, though: if you try to run and hide with your daughter, this Chantry will likely be very disappointed and try to stop you... and if you do run, they'll not be able to protect you. Right now, this is the safest place for you, until you learn more. I would recommend keeping your head down here for some time. Oh, and if you want to place a phone call, be aware that Tian no longer has his phone..."

He nodded to the elder hedge wizard, "Very good, Sir. Carry on."
He gave Egypt a small grin, "He speaks Latin, not Funny. I'm sure you can get to learn that language, too."
He cast a quick glance from Samantha to Tamara, "Right, while little Egypt here is a sharp kid with a little power already, I'm afraid miss Brooke here is not quite awake. If anyone would like to provide a small Linear display for her?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Colin smiled, "Think of it rather like your gut bacteria. They're helping you cope with things you otherwise couldn't digest, and so long as they are there, you're just fine. You don't have to think about them, and would really want them to stay, as well."

"Yeah but the thing is, my gut bacteria, generally is not self conscious."
Tamara said and sigh.
"But I suppose that you are right, I have never even thought about something like that being there but even so the idea is a bit creepy."

He nodded, "Fair warning, though: if you try to run and hide with your daughter, this Chantry will likely be very disappointed and try to stop you... and if you do run, they'll not be able to protect you. Right now, this is the safest place for you, until you learn more. I would recommend keeping your head down here for some time. Oh, and if you want to place a phone call, be aware that Tian no longer has his phone..."

"So what you are telling me Mr Wainwright is that we are prisoners? That we can not leave if we want to?"
Tamara said suddenly alert.
"That was not anything I agreed to when I came with you. Listen I get that we are in some danger and I am grateful for the protection you offer, really I am, however I am not going to be a prisoner, not with you or with anyone."
She hissed angrily.

He nodded to the elder hedge wizard, "Very good, Sir. Carry on."

After a while Johnson stopped chanting and placed his tools back into the pockets of his coats.
"There are no other spirits here, than the ones that are supposed to be on the property Sir, it do seam like you shook off your pursuers."
He announced.

He gave Egypt a small grin, "He speaks Latin, not Funny. I'm sure you can get to learn that language, too."

"Oh...how do he understand what he is saying himself?"
The little girl said and scratched her head looking confused.
"Mama can speak funny to for her job she is a cur...cu...ehm...."
"Curator, I help keep a museum tidy."
Tamara said and patted Egypt on the head, though she kept a vary look around her, she had not enjoyed what you said that she could not leave if she wanted to.

He cast a quick glance from Samantha to Tamara, "Right, while little Egypt here is a sharp kid with a little power already, I'm afraid miss Brooke here is not quite awake. If anyone would like to provide a small Linear display for her?"

"Well I am Awakened and I do not need the Paradox."
Samantha said. Johnson gave a hint of a smile.
"I guess I will embrace the stereotype of my House then."
He said and his hands begun to move to form elegant, precise sigils.
"Ignis mei mandabo creari!"
The hedge wizard declared, through he had to repeat the spell twice to get the desired effect as the first time nothing happened, causing Tamara to just raise an eyebrow. It probably where correct then that while linear mages did not suffer Paradox, sleeper witnesses made their magick harder to pull off, but then a ball of flame sprang to life in the old hedge wizard's hand, and Tamara's smug look vanished and she paled as much as her complexion would allow as she looked at the fireball.
"W...w...what just happened!"
She exclaimed.
"H...how did he...how is this possible...I...do not understand I...!"
The woman seamed to be in complete shock. Egypt though looked at the ball of flame with fascination.
"Pretty..."
She said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Colin shook his head, "Not at all, please don't misunderstand me; you are offered protection here, but our ability to protect you only has so long a reach. If you insist on leaving, I don't think we could stop you, but we would certainly ask if you were sure about what you were giving up for yourself and Egypt. Consider it more like a guarded embassy - the guards cannot leave their post to accompany visitors outside the premises, and as such, they will make sure you really wish to leave the sanctuary."

He nodded to Johnson, "Excellent... then I know that rote works on spirits, too... Unexpected, but useful."
He grinned as Tamara flustered, "I told you, it's impossible, but we do it anyway. Sir, while the fireball is impressive in and of itself, is there a benign spirit nearby you could call? Little Egypt can see them herself, but miss Brooke has some difficulty with her daughters imaginary friends... I know of some big, friendly spiders, but those are in Boston, so that'd be a bit tricky..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Colin shook his head, "Not at all, please don't misunderstand me; you are offered protection here, but our ability to protect you only has so long a reach. If you insist on leaving, I don't think we could stop you, but we would certainly ask if you were sure about what you were giving up for yourself and Egypt.

"I see very well then I misunderstood you."
Tamara said but she still gave you an uneasy look.
"I assure you I am not planning on going anywhere or doing anything that would put Egypt in danger."

Consider it more like a guarded embassy - the guards cannot leave their post to accompany visitors outside the premises, and as such, they will make sure you really wish to leave the sanctuary."

"I do not want to be a bother to anyone Mr Wainwright and I am not planning on leaving a safe space, but I want to have the option to leave, if you understand what I mean."
The young woman said.

He nodded to Johnson, "Excellent... then I know that rote works on spirits, too... Unexpected, but useful."

"Well at least you know it worked on these spirits, you will find that Umbroods are as a diverse lot as we are, though they are more...refined to their function that us."
The old hedge wizard said and nodded.

He grinned as Tamara flustered, "I told you, it's impossible, but we do it anyway. Sir, while the fireball is impressive in and of itself, is there a benign spirit nearby you could call? Little Egypt can see them herself, but miss Brooke has some difficulty with her daughters imaginary friends... I know of some big, friendly spiders, but those are in Boston, so that'd be a bit tricky..."

Johnson gave a bit of a smile and nodded, he closed his hands and ended the spell that created the ball of flame.
"I can try, not the ones in Boston mind you, but some of the spirits that live around here...though I can not force them to manifest so Miss Brook might not be able to see it anyway."
He said and pulled a pack of chalk out of his pocket and begun to draw symbols on the garage floor. Tamara raised an eyebrow.
"What is he doing Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Colin nodded, "Then we understand one another correctly."

He pondered, "True enough, but it seems it works on pretty much everything not relying on, well, plain sight. It would probably not have any useful effect in the Umbra."
He reached into his pocket and pulled out the little stone, the dram of tass Kristina had left with him when he was recuperating earlier, "Try offering it this, Sir... I think it's well worth it."
He smiled at Tamara, "He's asking a spirit to join us, somewhere between a meet-and-greet and a petting zoo, I suppose, depending on what he calls up."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Colin nodded, "Then we understand one another correctly."

Tamara nodded and smiles.
"Good."
She said.

He pondered, "True enough, but it seems it works on pretty much everything not relying on, well, plain sight. It would probably not have any useful effect in the Umbra."

"Well it certainly seams to be a very practical spell Mr Wainwiright...ehm...that is your name right? I head others call you by it."
He hedge wizard said and gave you a questioning look.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the little stone, the dram of tass Kristina had left with him when he was recuperating earlier, "Try offering it this, Sir... I think it's well worth it."

Johnson nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, if the spirit can take it by itself as I am unable to process this raw mana so I can not offer it to him magically."
He said before he started his ritual.

He smiled at Tamara, "He's asking a spirit to join us, somewhere between a meet-and-greet and a petting zoo, I suppose, depending on what he calls up."

After a while you see a slight shimmering in the air, like how you would see the air over a fire. Tamara stepped back then she gasped as the shimmering turned into a vague human shape.
"An angel!"
Egypt exclaimed excitedly and she would have run over to the spirit unless her mother had held her back.
"Oh please angels are stuck up assholes belonging in the High Umbra and if you ask me that is where they should stay."
The spirit spoke in a female voice as she continued to solidify as sort of a barely viable, lump of human shaped hot air.
"I am a elemental little mini human..."
The spirit said.
"State what you want from me, I do not enjoy being manifested into this gross matter the only reason I came is because the more linear mage bribed me."
She grumbled.
"This is one of my brother's contracted spirits, she is friendly but do not have a sunshine personality to say it like that, I think the earth elemental guarding of this place had a bad influence on her."
Johnson said as he rose from the summoning circle he had drawn on the floor and gave the group an apologetic smile. Tamara just stared at the shimmering air.
"W...what...and I can hear it speak...and...."
She looked like she was ready to faint.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Colin nodded to Johnson, "Oh, sorry, yes. Colin Wainwright, at your service."
Colin smiled as the spirit started grousing about manifesting, and bowed politely, "Well met, o spirit of air. My name is Colin; we called you here because this gifted child can see your kind, but her mother, alas, has not yet opened her eyes. I deemed it prudent to call upon one of your kind to show the mother that the child's unseen friends are anything but imaginary. I apologize for the inconvenience of it all, and we will not force you to remain any longer than you so wish, but please, if you might help enlighten this poor mother, it would be a great boon to us all."
He took a careful step back, ready to catch Tamara and Egypt, in case the poor woman actually decided to pass out.

((OOC: I suppose this constitutes a rude awakening?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Colin nodded to Johnson, "Oh, sorry, yes. Colin Wainwright, at your service."

"Derrick Johnson I am pleased to meet you."
The hedge wizard said and gave you a nod since he was to busy drawing sigils to shake your hand right at the moment.

Colin smiled as the spirit started grousing about manifesting, and bowed politely, "Well met, o spirit of air. My name is Colin; we called you here because this gifted child can see your kind, but her mother, alas, has not yet opened her eyes. I deemed it prudent to call upon one of your kind to show the mother that the child's unseen friends are anything but imaginary. I apologize for the inconvenience of it all, and we will not force you to remain any longer than you so wish, but please, if you might help enlighten this poor mother, it would be a great boon to us all."

"Ah but I am imaginary."
The spirit said as she looked at you and nodded to your greeting.
"I will not speak my name but you may call me Shimmer some of those with that inside I can not touch at this place call me so...but yes I am a concept, a personalization of some ideal, as it is I am the shimmering of the air when you cool your food on a hot hummer day, I am that concept, I am what you think about when a memory of such a time with family and friends comes to your mind, and I am this concept perfectly and fully, air heated by cook fires, it is all I am, and all I can be, and that is a mental concept, but the mind is so much more than your mundane friend thinks."
The spirit said and it sounded a bit less irritated.

He took a careful step back, ready to catch Tamara and Egypt, in case the poor woman actually decided to pass out.

"I...but how can such a thing be? Yes when looking at you I do get the feelings and memories back of times barbecuing with my parents, or building a fire to roast hot dogs over on the beach, warm...fond memories but how can such memories...be alive and think?"
Tamara said looking rather confused.
"I...I think I need to sit down."
The young mother said sounding rather confused, shocked but also curious.
"I just do not understand."

(OOC: Hehehe yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:34 pm

"Very well, I guess I can allow that...what are your friend's name and I will let him in, but I want you, no funny business, that boy that works with darker entities...Simon tried to summon one a few...ah there it is again that time concept it is so impractical do you not think it is time you humans grew up and let go of such useless concepts? Anyway that boy summoned something from the lower Umbra and I had to chase it away, I took a good bite out of it...have you any idea how bad lower Umbral entities taste? Well do you?" The Umbrood grumbled as he went on his tangent. "Let us not have a repeat of that. I only want well behaved spirits here, do you understand?"

"I understand. My friend is a fire imp; he has a playful nature but when he has a task to do he is loyal and completes them," he responded. Then he raised an eyebrow, "Time is a function of our dual nature, the lower vibration aspects. I know this is a concept that is difficult for one of pure spirit like yourself but can be important to manifested beings like us. Can give me an idea how many times the sun rose and set since he summoned the lower being? And yes, the lower entities are not something I want to deal with either," he assured him. "If I hold a piece of the earth, a rock will you be able to hear the Name of my friend, so I can keep it safe from overhearing?" he asked him. He decided he liked this gruff spirit's personality, he wouldn't say it was unfriendly, just serious about his job.

// lol yup, the sink sunk, meaning the job gets undone >. < Also was Simon the fellow that was pointed out as having investment marks that the Chief had issues with and was sent to go check on Jodelle's cell?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Colin smiled warmly, "Very well, Shimmer, but then, from whose imagination do you come?"
He pondered, "You know, I thought there was something familiar there... are you everywhere, or just in this geographical area? Or does that question have no meaning or relevance?"
He grinned to Tamara, "The one thing Disney got right with Pocahontas... Every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name..."

((OOC: Yeah, Simon Black was that infernal infernalist. Also, condolences on your sunk sink that sank. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Adley:

"I understand. My friend is a fire imp; he has a playful nature but when he has a task to do he is loyal and completes them," he responded.

"Very well then, I guess that do not sound to bad, I will tolerate his presence."
The grumpy earth elemental grumbled.

Then he raised an eyebrow, "Time is a function of our dual nature, the lower vibration aspects. I know this is a concept that is difficult for one of pure spirit like yourself but can be important to manifested beings like us.

"How repugnantly impractical...well at least you can speak a little more effectively than most around here, I take it you are a Hermetic then."
The guardian said in it's lower Enochian and sigh over the foolishness of non Hermetic mages speaking to him in English.

Can give me an idea how many times the sun rose and set since he summoned the lower being?

The earth elemental rose up like a cobra lifting it's head again as it considered. The sun have risen twice and set thrice since that dreadful boy summoned that disruptive little terror, but I have gotten my revenge I have turned all the mineral in his pencils to mush so now he have to buy new ones before he can write anything more...I hear humans do that, buy things, it sounds impractical."
The snake like spirit said and sounded quite pleased with his own method of punishing the infernalist Orphan.

And yes, the lower entities are not something I want to deal with either," he assured him.

"Hum...smart man, perhaps you are not so bad after all."
The spirit said as it regarded you.

"If I hold a piece of the earth, a rock will you be able to hear the Name of my friend, so I can keep it safe from overhearing?" he asked him. He decided he liked this gruff spirit's personality, he wouldn't say it was unfriendly, just serious about his job.

"Yes I should be able to do so, if you allow me to and focus on the name and send it into the rock yes."
The guardian Umbrood grumbled.
"And do make sure your friend do not set anything on fire, young mages are bad enough, the last thing I need is trouble from some upstart fire imps, I will give him a good smack over his tush if he tries anything funny."
He warned in his pebbles over metal voice.

Colin:

Colin smiled warmly, "Very well, Shimmer, but then, from whose imagination do you come?"

"Many...I am the concept of shimmering air over cookfires, I come from the imagination of all that can relate to that idea."
The spirit said.

He pondered, "You know, I thought there was something familiar there... are you everywhere, or just in this geographical area?

"Yes."

Or does that question have no meaning or relevance?"

"It have relevance and meaning to you but not to me, I do not understand the question."
The spirit said as it regarded you.

He grinned to Tamara, "The one thing Disney got right with Pocahontas... Every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name..."

"Oh wonderful...well it seams your kind of crazy is contagious Mr Wainwright for it seams I am starting to get what you are talking about, and that is more than a little disturbing."
Tamara said while Egypt was reaching towards Shimmer with her chubby little arms giggling.
"Funny angel."
She exclaimed and Shimmer groan.
"I told you already mini human I am not an angel, I am an elemental, there is a difference, I am a concept not a messenger between human kind and that which is greater."
That however did not seam to dissuade Egypt though that just repeated.
"Angle, angle, angle..."
Happily and stomped her tiny feet.

(OOC: That is one dead sink.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:42 pm

"Very well then, I guess that do not sound to bad, I will tolerate his presence." The grumpy earth elemental grumbled.

"Good, thank you."

"How repugnantly impractical...well at least you can speak a little more effectively than most around here, I take it you are a Hermetic then." The guardian said in it's lower Enochian and sigh over the foolishness of non Hermetic mages speaking to him in English.

"It is somewhat impractical for those who exist mostly on spiritual planes of existence," he agreed. Or who had a grasp on time, still, it was a somewhat necessary concept for most earthbound.

The sun have risen twice and set thrice since that dreadful boy summoned that disruptive little terror, but I have gotten my revenge I have turned all the mineral in his pencils to mush so now he have to buy new ones before he can write anything more...I hear humans do that, buy things, it sounds impractical."

"I see. Do you know if the one that called you to speak with me knows of that transgression yet?" he asked. He gave a small smile at the payback that the spirit thought was necessary.

"Hum...smart man, perhaps you are not so bad after all." The spirit said as it regarded you.

He nodded at that.

"Yes I should be able to do so, if you allow me to and focus on the name and send it into the rock yes." The guardian Umbrood grumbled.

Adley searched a pocket until he found one of the small stones he had put in his shoe earlier. He held it out. "Will this suffice?"

"And do make sure your friend do not set anything on fire, young mages are bad enough, the last thing I need is trouble from some upstart fire imps, I will give him a good smack over his tush if he tries anything funny."

"He has learned that setting random things on fire is sure to upset us," he said, though sometimes he was not sure if the elemental understood they why of it. Usually, he was trying to help in his own way rather than be malicious. "However I will let him know to behave. Also, I will ask him to be his own fire for a small while. Contained in his own presence of self, in here, he should not set anything else alight," he told the guardian.

// thank you

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:00 pm

"It is somewhat impractical for those who exist mostly on spiritual planes of existence," he agreed. Or who had a grasp on time, still, it was a somewhat necessary concept for most earthbound.

"Yes indeed it is impractical...I wonder what that which is inside you which I am unable to touch think about time, if it have to deal with a physical being constantly...and the shard of light as well...however I guess this is just how things are, humans are most peculiar creatures."
The Umbrood grumbled.

"I see. Do you know if the one that called you to speak with me knows of that transgression yet?" he asked. He gave a small smile at the payback that the spirit thought was necessary.

"I have told the one who called me, and he was not pleased, he want that horrible boy expelled from the Chantry and I agree with him, the boy got a stern warning."
The Umbrood informed you.
"He is very irritating that boy and show me no respect."
He grumbled.

Adley searched a pocket until he found one of the small stones he had put in his shoe earlier. He held it out. "Will this suffice?"

"Yes...that is a good stone it will suffice."
The grumpy old Umbrood said approvingly.

"He has learned that setting random things on fire is sure to upset us," he said, though sometimes he was not sure if the elemental understood they why of it. Usually, he was trying to help in his own way rather than be malicious. "However I will let him know to behave. Also, I will ask him to be his own fire for a small while. Contained in his own presence of self, in here, he should not set anything else alight," he told the guardian.

"Good...I guess it is alright then, just make sure nothing happens."
The guardian spirit said.
"Give me his name then and I will make sure he gets in, and then I have rounds to go and I am late. It is my job to make sure everyone behaves and are safe this this domain you know, not all of them see me, and do you think they thank me, oh no off course not, but it is still my job, to put it in your terms, I have no more time to talk, and besides if I am not on duty the other spirits might start to think they can do whatever they please...but they can't. I am in charge of the wards and they will do what I say."
He declared smugly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:31 pm

"I have told the one who called me, and he was not pleased, he want that horrible boy expelled from the Chantry and I agree with him, the boy got a stern warning." The Umbrood informed you. "He is very irritating that boy and show me no respect."

"Very well then," he said. If it had been seen to, then the Chief was aware of what had happened.

"Give me his name then and I will make sure he gets in...I am in charge of the wards and they will do what I say."

"I would not wish to keep you from your duties," he agreed. He made sure he was inside the circle ward, just in case, and brought the stone up and closed his palm over it, concentrating on it and directing his attention specifically on the Guardian. 'Can you hear me?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:55 pm

"Yes."
you hear from the guardian, this spirit to spoke in emotions but he was different from Allassor and his brother, he made you feel like you where walking over old, weather beaten rock and his emotions that where translated into words in your mind was gruff and practical though duty aware and firm, like an old guard dog, set in it's ways but loyal.
"Ah much more practical communication."
The spirit said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "It has no meaning to you... I should have figured as much. I remember the soldiers throwing a barbecue in a desert halfway around the world... Wondered if you might have been there."
He smiled and sighed, "I am sorry, Shimmer, but the child is just that, a child. She has much to learn, especially when it comes to differentiate between things."
He looked over at Johnson, "In any case, I trust a room has been prepared for the two, and some supplies as well? We were rather rushed in departing; no time to pack - the police were, hm, beginning to search for a gunman. It seems the Nephandi reached the building first... Oh, also, is the Chief in his office?"

((OOC: Well, I just adequately finished writing up the adventure for tomorrow's D&D game, at the local game store. First time DMing there, under the official arrangements. Might vanish offline for a week or two after, on account of a visit to the Hague. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "It has no meaning to you... I should have figured as much. I remember the soldiers throwing a barbecue in a desert halfway around the world... Wondered if you might have been there."

"Yes I was, but to me there is no distance, I simply am."
The spirit said and she sounded a bit confused.
"I am the shimmering air over cook fires, that is what I am and all I am but I am so completely."
She declared.

He smiled and sighed, "I am sorry, Shimmer, but the child is just that, a child. She has much to learn, especially when it comes to differentiate between things."

"Human beings do not come into being complete?"
Shimmer asked.
"How odd, how odd indeed. I guess that is part of your free will you can choose what to be, I simply am what I am."

He looked over at Johnson, "In any case, I trust a room has been prepared for the two, and some supplies as well? We were rather rushed in departing; no time to pack - the police were, hm, beginning to search for a gunman. It seems the Nephandi reached the building first...

"Yes an apartment have been made ready, we did not know they needed basic supplies but I will take care of it. Miss Miri have an adopted daughter about this little one's age, I am sure I can borrow some clothes from her right now and then we can get some new ones from the store tomorrow."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.
"Miss Brooke looks like she have had just about all she can take for now, what do you say I dismiss the elemental and show them to their apartment, you should probably tell your Cabalmate that you are back safe and sound in either case.."
Derrick replied.

Oh, also, is the Chief in his office?"

"The last time I saw him my Mentor was about to head into the Council Chambers to discuss the building grounds Node, but they might be done by now so you might find him at his office, through as the group from Lavender is here he might be dealing with them, doing rounds to check that all is calm around the Chantry or he might be in the basement dealing with a vam..."
The hedge wizard looked at Tamara and decided she would not appreciate hearing about any more supernatural elements right now.
"ehm the guest he brought from Lavender..."

(OOC: Enjoy your game and your vacation.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Colin smiled and inclined his head to the side, "My apologies; just as space and time as we count it make little sense to you, so is the absence of it rather incomprehensible to us. It... gets lost in translation, I suppose. I guess it is the most defining trait about humans; we spend our entire lives learning and growing, everyone at different rates, but we all learn and grow all the same. It's not just our free will, it's that we start with a blank slate, infinite potential for change."
He nodded to Derrick, "Very good, then I will probably see you later. The Nephandi presence complicated things; if not for them, miss Brooke would have had ample time to pack..."
He turned to Shimmer, "It has been a pleasure and an honour to meet you; perhaps one day we will speak again. Or perhaps we'll just glance at one another over my cookpots."
Turning back to Tamara, he continued, "If you would follow Mr. Johnson, then, and as he said, a shopping trip can probably be arranged in the morning. I have the security chief and my Cabalmate to speak with."
He frowned, "Ah, yes, the matter with Lavender... I'll see if I can find out where my Cabalmate is first, then."
Giving the others a quick, formal bow, he turned and headed into the Chantry proper, tapping out a quick message to Adley, "Matter resolved; leaving the garage now. Where are you?"

((OOC: Vacation, trial for crimes against humanity, whichever. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:14 pm

Colin smiled and inclined his head to the side, "My apologies; just as space and time as we count it make little sense to you, so is the absence of it rather incomprehensible to us. It... gets lost in translation, I suppose.

"It makes humans most cumbersome to communicate with."
The spirit complained.
"I do not mean to insult you but you cling to things that are so strange an nonsensical to me."

I guess it is the most defining trait about humans; we spend our entire lives learning and growing, everyone at different rates, but we all learn and grow all the same. It's not just our free will, it's that we start with a blank slate, infinite potential for change."

"I to can learn, to a certain degree but I do not change and evolve like you do, I came into being perfect, I am what I am, but that is also all I have the potential to be. I can learn your name, the habits of those around me or even new sounds and words but I will never be anything but the personification of the shimmering air over a cooking fire, and that suit me just fine, it is also all I want to be."
Shimmer explained.

He nodded to Derrick, "Very good, then I will probably see you later. The Nephandi presence complicated things; if not for them, miss Brooke would have had ample time to pack..."

Derrick nodded.
"I understand, and yes you probably will, I can take care of things here for now though and make sure Miss Brooke and her child are comfortable and have all they need."
The hedge wizard said.

He turned to Shimmer, "It has been a pleasure and an honour to meet you; perhaps one day we will speak again. Or perhaps we'll just glance at one another over my cookpots."

"I have enjoyed talking with you Colin, yes I will see you when you cook, it is what I am."
The elemental said as Derrick begun the closing ritual to dismiss her and she slowly vanished from view.

Turning back to Tamara, he continued, "If you would follow Mr. Johnson, then, and as he said, a shopping trip can probably be arranged in the morning. I have the security chief and my Cabalmate to speak with."

Tamara nodded she lifted a now tired and fussy Egypt into her arms, the child was still looking where Shimmer had been through, perhaps she was still seeing something there.
"Very well, thank you for your help Mr Wainwright, I can feel my head spinning, yes for now I think what I and Egypt need the most are a few moments to digest all of this."
The woman looked overwhelmed and tired but she went with Johnson as the hedge wizard begun to lead her further into the building. Egypt looked at you and waved at you.
"Bye bye coloring book man, bye bye..."
She said as she waved her little chubby hand at you.

He frowned, "Ah, yes, the matter with Lavender... I'll see if I can find out where my Cabalmate is first, then."

"Very well then, I will talk with you later Mr Wainwright, be well."
Derrick said before he left to get Tamara and Egypt to their apartment.

Giving the others a quick, formal bow, he turned and headed into the Chantry proper, tapping out a quick message to Adley, "Matter resolved; leaving the garage now. Where are you?"

The others returned the bow and left as well, they had only gathered to be sure they where prepared if you came in hot. You get back to the main building of the Chantry, the large, fat gray cat you had seen earlier was waiting at the door to be let in and purred at you and then ran in when you opened the door. There are no one in the entrance hall as you enter Morningstar, it was getting kind of late so many of the mages had retired to their rooms for the evening.

Adley, your phone ping with a text message from Colin.

(OOC: Hehehe)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Colin smiled warmly, "No insult taken. Our perspectives differ greatly, and we must work to understand each others' common ground."
He waved back to Egypt, "Bye, Egypt. I'm sure we'll meet again soon."
Entering the Chantry, he bent down and gave the cat a few scritches at the neck before moving on to the dining hall and glancing inside. After all, Egypt liked blueberry muffins, and if the girl was a little too excited to sleep yet, a reasonably healthy snack would probably not go amiss...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:32 pm

Colin smiled warmly, "No insult taken. Our perspectives differ greatly, and we must work to understand each others' common ground."

The Umbrood nodded as she slowly vanished.
"Fare well Colin."
She said sounding a bit more friendly than when she had first manifested.

He waved back to Egypt, "Bye, Egypt. I'm sure we'll meet again soon."

Egypt nodded and continued to wave as her mother carried her to the stairs as Johnson lead her towards her apartment.

Entering the Chantry, he bent down and gave the cat a few scritches at the neck before moving on to the dining hall and glancing inside. After all, Egypt liked blueberry muffins, and if the girl was a little too excited to sleep yet, a reasonably healthy snack would probably not go amiss...

The large cat purred contentedly as you purred him, he followed you to the dining hall though and jumped up on the lap of a sleeping elderly wizard. The old man where tall and thin with long hair the exact shade of silver and a beard to match, he was wearing a simple brown robe, you had seen him earlier in the hallway being helped by one of the younger mages as the old man was clearly not that spry anymore and he had fallen asleep to his evening snack. Granite clearly favored the old man through as he purred and settled down on the sleeping man's bony lap.

You get to the kitchen at the other end of the dining hall and see that Miri was indeed taking a tray of muffins out of the oven.
"Ah Mr Wainwright I had a feeling you would be dropping by."
The chef said with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:35 am

Colin grinned, "Predicting an empty tummy, accurately as always? Yes, there's a little girl who just arrived with her mother - the child is Awakened, the mother... not so much, but we might have gotten her the equivalent of a cup of strong coffee. Now, I was hoping to procure a blueberry muffin or two for the child, in case she's too excited to sleep, before I impose on the Chief again."
Nodding toward the elderly Mage, he added, "I note Granite is fond of his lap, but is that really the best place for him to sleep?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:22 am

Friday:

Ok. Take care, Lily, i'll be seeing you around.

Saturday:

((Ok then, we'll have her always at that age XD))

You're invited to come anytime you want. They've only told me *THIS* adress.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next