Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Colin nodded, "Second youngest apprentice, I think? I believe Adley Roth Hicks is the youngest? And yes, he does seem to miss the simpler days when the Solificati made talking stones for long range communication... He's still amazed by the camera technology in phones, not to mention that he can receive pictures on his. Not so good with audio files, though..."
He smiled, "My studies may seem as though they've progressed rather slowly for twenty-five years - only this week did I get ranked as an Initiate of Entropy, with a similar ranking in Prime as soon as the formality gets done... but my studies have been broad and meticulous; I have many things I expect I should be able to pull off in very short order once I cross the threshold for a number of disciplines. You should see my library of theoretical work someday; page upon page of hypothetical spells for which I'm missing just that crucial element. And good thing I've thought so well ahead, too; if not, I might not have figured out how to safely suck the tainted quintessence out of the Ball of Abysmal Flame that Morgan and I dismantled the other day... and that could have cost us Chief Morgan. That stuff was, in his words, vile, and the little bonfire was... outright disgusting to look at."
He grinned, "It's a more elegant weapon, for a more civilized age; not as random or clumsy as a blaster. Actually, I think I could make the handle and load it up with any tass I come across to manifest a blade of primal fire; same trick as I've relied on for weaponizing the Entropic tass we confiscated from miss Jerkins. If I could make a few such handles with that effect ready for activation at the flick of a switch or something similar, we would have a great advantage when it comes to the disposal of heavily resonated tass in general."
He pondered, "Best bring a recording device to the interrogation, then, for reviewing the chat later... and yes, I suppose the two of us are rather birds of a feather in that regard. We've taken our licks, and we're still standing tall."
He sighed and smiled, "Without anything crazy happening... You do realize that sentence is almost as bad as 'what's the worst that could happen?', right?"
He chuckled and got in line behind Joakim.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Colin nodded, "Second youngest apprentice, I think? I believe Adley Roth Hicks is the youngest? And yes, he does seem to miss the simpler days when the Solificati made talking stones for long range communication... He's still amazed by the camera technology in phones, not to mention that he can receive pictures on his. Not so good with audio files, though..."

"Hum...that might be, I do not have the list of all of his apprenticed in my head, but loosing them have hit him hard in either case, hopefully now he can find a bit of happiness."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Ah the Solificati they where long gone from the Traditions by the time Master Morgan was an apprentice at Mus Collage Chantry, but the Verditius would be making such stones indeed, and yes getting used to new technology can be hard...especially since it seams like everything just keep moving faster and faster."
He muttered softly.
"The modern era can be difficult for all of us who are older than we should be I think."
He muttered.

He smiled, "My studies may seem as though they've progressed rather slowly for twenty-five years - only this week did I get ranked as an Initiate of Entropy, with a similar ranking in Prime as soon as the formality gets done... but my studies have been broad and meticulous; I have many things I expect I should be able to pull off in very short order once I cross the threshold for a number of disciplines.

"Hum...well sometimes our studies can take some time while we do the ground work, or perhaps it was just about now you needed to advance more quickly, there are no time table for these things, magickal development will happen when it happens."
Joakim said and nodded.

You should see my library of theoretical work someday; page upon page of hypothetical spells for which I'm missing just that crucial element.

"Yes I would like that Mr Wainwright when time allows."
The old hedge wizard said and gave you a warm smile.

And good thing I've thought so well ahead, too; if not, I might not have figured out how to safely suck the tainted quintessence out of the Ball of Abysmal Flame that Morgan and I dismantled the other day... and that could have cost us Chief Morgan. That stuff was, in his words, vile, and the little bonfire was... outright disgusting to look at."

"Yes indeed a good thing Mr Wainwright...ah you have to forgive me in my youth a Ball of Abysmal Flame was another spell entirely, but yes for a modern Ball if that was made by a Nephandus then there would be so much corrupted Vis in that to send anyone into a Jhor fueled Quiet and a Master like your Security Chief driven into such a madness...well that would be more dangerous then the Ball itself...you did a good job protecting him from that young man."

He grinned, "It's a more elegant weapon, for a more civilized age; not as random or clumsy as a blaster. Actually, I think I could make the handle and load it up with any tass I come across to manifest a blade of primal fire; same trick as I've relied on for weaponizing the Entropic tass we confiscated from miss Jerkins. If I could make a few such handles with that effect ready for activation at the flick of a switch or something similar, we would have a great advantage when it comes to the disposal of heavily resonated tass in general."

"And now we are getting back to the gray hairs you are creating young man, and hair dye is expensive mind you at least the good stuff is. Yes you could probably do that, however such a blade would cut you as well if it touch you and that is the problem, at least with European sword arts where holding a sword by the blade is used for several maneuvers and it touching you is not a problem in itself, there might be some Oriental styles you may use though...hum..."

He pondered, "Best bring a recording device to the interrogation, then, for reviewing the chat later... and yes, I suppose the two of us are rather birds of a feather in that regard. We've taken our licks, and we're still standing tall."

"I can make a recording on my phone, that is not a bad idea..."
Joakim said as he started walking then he gave a grim nod.
"At times things have to be done and there is no other choice but getting back up and continuing."
He muttered.
"But yes we are alike in that regard.

He sighed and smiled, "Without anything crazy happening... You do realize that sentence is almost as bad as 'what's the worst that could happen?', right?"

"Yes...that might have been foolish of me...especially given how the gods of fate seams to have made us their pissoir at the moment, let us not invoke a new shower from them just yet shall we..."
Joakim said and smiles.

He chuckled and got in line behind Joakim.

Joakim led you down into the basement and stopped by a door that might lead to a storage room. Next to the door stood Hayden.
"How is she?"
The hedge wizard ask and the younger Flambeau sigh.
"I do not know, she have stopped making those sounds that might be screams...but for the last ten minutes or so there have been no sound from inside of there at all..."
He said.
"I did not want to scare her so I did not open the door to check."
Joakim nodded at that.
"Mr Fisher held her down while I removed the stake. Mrs Knox said the best thing was to just leave her in peace until she calmed down from the first burst of...well rage, and then try to talk with her once she was a bit more collected, be careful, but Mr Fisher here have a rote ready to hold her down again if she should become aggressive."
Joakim explained to you and Hayden nodded. The old hedge wizard opened the door and you see that on the floor was something, something dressed decaying rags that was sort of just curled up on the floor, the figure was holding onto a blanket that looked far newer than her clothes so probably the Chief had tried to give it to her to give her some comfort, her head was bald other than a few strands of white hair, what had once been silver droplet earrings but which now was black with age hung from her ears and her face was...unusual, what you saw of it was wrinkled and filled with blisters and marked and there where no nose to speak of, her eyes was large and black and full of panic and red drops of blood had fallen from them and stained her stark white face. The wrinkled, pock marked skin continued down her arms and her legs and her fingers ended in sharp claws, the figure on the floor started making panicked whesing sounds when she saw the Chief open the door and she tried to pull back towards her wall, but she was so clumsy as she moved as if she had forgotten how to move her arms and legs and helplessly she just made those sore, strange sounds of panic.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Colin nodded, "Verditius, right, sorry, I get the names confused from time to time... And it's not just old Magi who get confused by the rapid progress; the technological development after World War Two has been incredible, hell, when I was a child, the internet was not even a pipe dream, and mobile phones weren't really affordable. People over the age of fifty are having great difficulties with modern conveniences, so people who are centuries old can hardly be expected to smoothly keep up with the latest gadgets that seem like they belong in a James Bond movie."
He smiled, "Any time you are in Boston, feel free to look me up."
He arched an eyebrow, "I was under the impression that the spell was much the same as when Chief Morgan was young; that it's a humongous sponge that when finally saturated explodes and takes with it a substantial geographical area, and that the only relevant distinction was that the Nephandi use their own heavily resonated quintessence for the core matrix?"
He grinned, "Now, why would it stress my Security Chief if I were to make a tool like that? Besides, I do believe the Star Wars movies based their fencing styles on Japanese... I think it's called kendo, a sort of stylized fencing sport that seems mostly reliant on wooden practice swords rather than steel. Well, in its modern form, anyway. Personally, I was thinking more along the lines of modern fencing - the Olympic version. Perhaps a basket hilt light saber could be devised?"

As the door opened, Colin didn't even twitch, he just slowly knelt down on one knee, keeping both hands in clear view, and looked for the least sign of rationality in the vampire's face while trying to avoid direct eye contact, "Well, hello, poor dear. You've not been treated well, it seems... Don't be afraid, we're not here to hurt you. My name is Colin, I'm a silversmith. What's your name?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Colin nodded, "Verditius, right, sorry, I get the names confused from time to time... And it's not just old Magi who get confused by the rapid progress; the technological development after World War Two has been incredible, hell, when I was a child, the internet was not even a pipe dream, and mobile phones weren't really affordable. People over the age of fifty are having great difficulties with modern conveniences, so people who are centuries old can hardly be expected to smoothly keep up with the latest gadgets that seem like they belong in a James Bond movie."

"Yes sometimes it seams the world is changing to fast for even the sleepers to keep up, but then allot of the new inventions are offering great opportunities, the problem is that many also become lost in all the new gadgets and seam to forget that there is anything else to life, but yes keeping up is not easy."
Joakim muttered.
"Living in this modern world is making me feel old."

He smiled, "Any time you are in Boston, feel free to look me up."

"I will do that Mr Wainwright."

He arched an eyebrow, "I was under the impression that the spell was much the same as when Chief Morgan was young; that it's a humongous sponge that when finally saturated explodes and takes with it a substantial geographical area, and that the only relevant distinction was that the Nephandi use their own heavily resonated quintessence for the core matrix?"

"When Master Morgan was young yes, but I am twice his age Mr Wainwright. Before the Order joined the Traditions the Ball of Abysmal flame was simply an exploding fireball that you created in your hands and threw, now it is referred to something that yes is a giant sponge for Quintessence and then turn into quite the nasty bomb."
Joakim explained.

He grinned, "Now, why would it stress my Security Chief if I were to make a tool like that? Besides, I do believe the Star Wars movies based their fencing styles on Japanese... I think it's called kendo, a sort of stylized fencing sport that seems mostly reliant on wooden practice swords rather than steel. Well, in its modern form, anyway. Personally, I was thinking more along the lines of modern fencing - the Olympic version. Perhaps a basket hilt light saber could be devised?"

"Oh I was thinking about my gray hairs Mr Wainwright but somehow I have a feeling that Master Morgan might have a thing or two about making a sword out of corrupted tass though."
He said then he shook his head.
"I would not know, the old sword styles I am used with are European...hum but yes perhaps a weapon like what you describe could work...possibly..."

"Well, hello, poor dear. You've not been treated well, it seems... Don't be afraid, we're not here to hurt you. My name is Colin, I'm a silversmith. What's your name?"

The vampire looked at Colin for a while, still making those sounds, helpless anguished sounds that somehow was reminiscent of the sounds your Cabalmate had made after the ritual was stopped when she was to weak to scream anymore. The creature settled for curling up more when she could not get her limbs to cooperate in getting her away and she held onto her blanket for dare life, perhaps a piece of knitted cloth was the only kindness she had experienced in a long while. The vampire was to frightened to speak but you do see some reason in her eyes at least, even if she clearly was no longer all there, as she looked at your face and at least she stopped making that awful sound and for now she just looked at you.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Colin frowned, "So originally, it was a pretentiously-named combat trick, and now it's the equivalent of a self-assembling nuclear bomb. I think the current bearer of the name is more appropriate, but I'd prefer the older version. Seems a bit neater, really."
He thought for a moment, "Actually, I've seen a few documentaries on swords, and I don't recall shorter blades ever being used like you describe... Longer, two-handed swords, yes, certainly, but not shorter blades like the Roman gladius, for example."

He smiled warmly to the vampire, carefully measuring his voice more than his words, "We're not here to harm you further, we want to ask you a few things. A long time ago, you helped build a place, we want to ask you a few questions about that... Do you understand me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Colin frowned, "So originally, it was a pretentiously-named combat trick, and now it's the equivalent of a self-assembling nuclear bomb. I think the current bearer of the name is more appropriate, but I'd prefer the older version. Seems a bit neater, really."

"Yes indeed, and the original spell is the only one I personally know, since I am not able to manipulate mana as easily as you but you might be right, the newer spell do seam more deserving of the name."
Joakim said sounding amused.

He thought for a moment, "Actually, I've seen a few documentaries on swords, and I don't recall shorter blades ever being used like you describe... Longer, two-handed swords, yes, certainly, but not shorter blades like the Roman gladius, for example."

Not necessarily two handed but any sword as long as what they show in those movies would generally have techniques that would involve in some way touching the blade, but something as ghost as a gladius no that would not have enough weight to be effective with such methods.

He smiled warmly to the vampire, carefully measuring his voice more than his words, "We're not here to harm you further, we want to ask you a few things. A long time ago, you helped build a place, we want to ask you a few questions about that... Do you understand me?"

The vampire nodded when you asked if she understood you but she said nothing, she whimpered fearfully and her eyes went from you to the walls around her as if she was seeing something, probably she was hallucinating not that there was impossible that there was something in the walls at a Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Colin pondered, "In theory, it seems the modern version should be a simple thing to set up, really... Dear God, I think I could make a variant that charges even faster than normal in combination with my funneling spell, even. Not, of course, that I would, but the basic principle of the spell seemed simple enough - and highly compatible with my little bit of metamagic."
He nodded, "Fair point. Still, I suspect a Mage would be an utter and total idiot to fondle a blade of primal fire in mid-combat... and the primal blade does seem to be a fairly standard rote."

He glanced around at the walls and up at Joakim, "I don't suppose there's something else in here that she's looking for?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:45 am

Friday:

Next year we'll give her a place here at Steelhaven. SHe'll learn and she'll be free. he hoped for a better tomorrow. I'm curious about how she actually got to think outside the box to the extent of awake naturally.

Satruday:

I used a name, i don't really know which one is the one that fucks economies. he apologized.

As they walked around not knowing what to do, because he had never seen something like this. Could we help this people in any way? the children...

Once he heard the two men talking, he realized they were who they came to look for. Don't be obvious, but get them. he said, as he walked arround like going to the shoe store
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:16 am

Colin:

Colin pondered, "In theory, it seems the modern version should be a simple thing to set up, really... Dear God, I think I could make a variant that charges even faster than normal in combination with my funneling spell, even. Not, of course, that I would, but the basic principle of the spell seemed simple enough - and highly compatible with my little bit of metamagic."

"Hum...I am still skeptical about how wise this is Mr Wainwright but we will have to see."
Joakim said.
"Good luck in your endeavor anyway."

He nodded, "Fair point. Still, I suspect a Mage would be an utter and total idiot to fondle a blade of primal fire in mid-combat... and the primal blade does seem to be a fairly standard rote."

"Do not underestimate learned muscle reflexes then again if you do not have much experience with swords it probably should not be a problem as then you have to learn a method that do not have you touching the blade...hum...it could work."

He glanced around at the walls and up at Joakim, "I don't suppose there's something else in here that she's looking for?"

Joakim begun working some hand sigils and he muttered something in Latin and looked around.
"No...there is nothing here."
He said. The vampire got scared but that movement through and more blood tears rolled down her cheeks and she started whimpering again. Joakim sigh and said softly.
"I am not going to hurt you, please be calm...see I have stopped..."
But that did not seam to help much.

Tane:

Friday:

Next year we'll give her a place here at Steelhaven. SHe'll learn and she'll be free. he hoped for a better tomorrow.

"Yeah or we find some way to make the mother allow Lily to move sooner, but yes at the worst case scenario one more year."
Henrietta agreed and nodded.

I'm curious about how she actually got to think outside the box to the extent of awake naturally.

"I do not know Tane, rebellion perhaps, or perhaps she is just curious by nature and you know how some flowers will grow right out of concrete sometimes a pure soul will explore even in such a stiffening environment.

Saturday:

I used a name, i don't really know which one is the one that fucks economies. he apologized.

"That would be the Syndicate for the most part but any of the Conventions could be involved but then again often the Union at least means well, something tells me that while they might shift funds allot of what have happened here is due to human greed and despair."
Henrietta muttered.

As they walked around not knowing what to do, because he had never seen something like this. Could we help this people in any way? the children...

"I do not know how, they need money but more they need a future, education, jobs something to do with their lives but sit in their own filth."
She said and shook her head.
"I am not sure how we could help..."

Once he heard the two men talking, he realized they were who they came to look for. Don't be obvious, but get them. he said, as he walked arround like going to the shoe store

The two men immediately focused on you and your small group when you walked into the parking lot, especially since the shoe store had been closed for years and very clearly had been vandalized and would not be anywhere anyone would go to buy anything at least, well not anything legal in any regard. The two men where tense and ready but they did not act just yet as they did not know who Tane and his group was. Both Henrietta and Coawa looked at Tane as if to ask what they should do, if they should attack first..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:56 am

Colin shook his head, "I have no desire to actually test out the modern version. I might do some theoretical analysis of the principle, but that thing has no business on the battlefield, and far less off it."
He smiled, "Point taken. I'll admit, I have very little experience with swords, though I've seen a few jousts over the past few years. Reenactors, you know; some of them know how to fight very well..."

He sighed, "Well, that's a relief, I suppose, but this is... I'm afraid I don't think I can get through to her. I would think you need someone more skilled with dealing with the fundamentally brok... Deaconess Darnell might be able to advise, actually. In the meantime, perhaps feeding her would be possible?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:05 am

Colin shook his head, "I have no desire to actually test out the modern version. I might do some theoretical analysis of the principle, but that thing has no business on the battlefield, and far less off it."

"Hum...well those analysis might be quite interesting, perhaps you can find a safer way to taking one down, or ways to make one more effective."
Joakim said and nodded.

He smiled, "Point taken. I'll admit, I have very little experience with swords, though I've seen a few jousts over the past few years. Reenactors, you know; some of them know how to fight very well..."

"I have some experience with swords, most members of my House are taught mundane ways to fight as well, not just magical ones, and this have become even more important in the modern world, but then guns and firearms have pretty much taken the place of bladed weapons but I still keep my skills sharp, just in case."
The old hedge wizard said in a way that indicated that he was longing back to the good old days.

He sighed, "Well, that's a relief, I suppose, but this is... I'm afraid I don't think I can get through to her. I would think you need someone more skilled with dealing with the fundamentally brok... Deaconess Darnell might be able to advise, actually. In the meantime, perhaps feeding her would be possible?"

"She was injected with blood before she was released, Mrs Knox said that would reduce the chance that she became violent."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Well it was worth a shot, at least she is not screaming and trying to escape from you...yes asking Deaconess Darnell might be a good idea, her or one of the Mercere."
The hedge wizard said, he gave the vampire a compassionate look.
"If you do not think you can reach her perhaps we should leave her alone then so she can rest..."
He suggested.
"Poor girl, no one deserve this kind of abuse."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:06 am

Colin chuckled, "I suppose the base principle of the thing could be used in other ways... Can you imagine a Healing Bomb built on the same concept, or perhaps a Good Luck Bomb? The Union would have a field day trying to figure out why suddenly an entire city hit the lottery jackpot all on the same day..."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Firearms are good and useful, but a little melee skill still comes in handy. There was the man I apparently eviscerated thoroughly earlier today; the same one who shot Freddy. The bastard had a kinetic shield up to stop bullets - it didn't seem to help much against a very angry man with a dagger. Additionally, guns are noisy, and sometimes stealth is called for."

He nodded, slowly - very slowly, so as to not spook he vampire - got back on his feet, "The Mercere might be a good idea as well... And while injecting blood might have been helpful in preventing a frenzied rage, providing a measure of blood for drinking might help her calm down in the way only a proper meal will. I'll admit, I'm no expert on vampire psychology, but in my experience being sustained by, well, intravenous nourishment leaves you maddeningly hungry. Might want to double-check that with Mrs. Knox, though."
He pondered as he stepped back from the cell, "Actually, I wonder what miss Jerkins might be able to tell us about her? She might know the poor girl's name, for example..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:57 am

Colin chuckled, "I suppose the base principle of the thing could be used in other ways... Can you imagine a Healing Bomb built on the same concept, or perhaps a Good Luck Bomb? The Union would have a field day trying to figure out why suddenly an entire city hit the lottery jackpot all on the same day..."

"Hum...that is a good idea actually, yes the same principle should be able to be used for other spells, though a Ball of Abysmal Flame can be quite useful when trying to take out a Union Construct or a Labyrinth, but yes I do suspect your good luck bomb might indeed fluster the Technocracy quite a bit."
He said and grinned.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Firearms are good and useful, but a little melee skill still comes in handy. There was the man I apparently eviscerated thoroughly earlier today; the same one who shot Freddy. The bastard had a kinetic shield up to stop bullets - it didn't seem to help much against a very angry man with a dagger. Additionally, guns are noisy, and sometimes stealth is called for."

"Yes apparently you made one of the Fallen ridiculously dead."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.
"Often a kinetic shield will work for fast moving projectiles but not more slow moving ones to avoid bumping into things, so yes at times a blade can be quite useful."
He said with a smile.

He nodded, slowly - very slowly, so as to not spook he vampire - got back on his feet, "The Mercere might be a good idea as well... And while injecting blood might have been helpful in preventing a frenzied rage, providing a measure of blood for drinking might help her calm down in the way only a proper meal will. I'll admit, I'm no expert on vampire psychology, but in my experience being sustained by, well, intravenous nourishment leaves you maddeningly hungry. Might want to double-check that with Mrs. Knox, though."

The Nosferatu whimpered a bit when you stood up but she did not try to panicky flee again at least.
"You might be right. I will speak with Mrs Knoxk or Miss Jarden about it and I am sure we can arrange something."
Joakim said as he begun to back out of the cell slowly.
"Perhaps when she get used to moving again so she feel she have more control she will be less afraid as well."
He said and gave the vampire girl another compassionate look.

He pondered as he stepped back from the cell, "Actually, I wonder what miss Jerkins might be able to tell us about her? She might know the poor girl's name, for example..."

The old hedge wizard closed the door to the make shift cell and nodded.
"Well it is worth a try at least and you seam to have developed a rapport with Miss Jerkins so I guess it do not hurt to ask her, and knowing the girl's name might help trying to reach her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Colin frowned, "Hm, I had thought at least two or three at the time... The one whose head I cracked, Gabriel whom I bisected with his underling's shotgun, and the fellow I gutted in the cellar... It's not been a good day, in a manner of speaking..."

He glanced compassionately at the vampire for a moment before the door slid shut, "I'll go have a word with miss Jerkins, then. By your leave..."
He nodded to Joakim and strode over to Jodelle's cell, giving the guard a quick nod, "I'm afraid I'll have to bother the prisoner again a bit... A few new questions have come up."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Colin frowned, "Hm, I had thought at least two or three at the time... The one whose head I cracked, Gabriel whom I bisected with his underling's shotgun, and the fellow I gutted in the cellar... It's not been a good day, in a manner of speaking..."

"It is never a good day when one have to take a life but it would have been worse if you or anyone else from your party had gotten killed."
Joakim said softly, he knew all to well the burden of taking a life.
"You did what you had to do."

He glanced compassionately at the vampire for a moment before the door slid shut, "I'll go have a word with miss Jerkins, then. By your leave..."

"Yes off course, let us meet up at my office once you have spoken with Miss Jerkins and gotten into contact with your Cabalmate and we can discuss any new developments."
Joakim said he gave you and Hayden a polite nod before he left and walked towards his office.

He nodded to Joakim and strode over to Jodelle's cell, giving the guard a quick nod, "I'm afraid I'll have to bother the prisoner again a bit... A few new questions have come up."

The guard this time was a talk, well toned man with a bald head and wearing a red tshirt and blue jeans you remember seeing him when you first arrived back at Morningstar with Liv and Joakim had called him Theo.
"Yes off course."
He said and opened the door.
"Just be careful in there Sir."

Inside the cell you see that Jodelle seamed to be sleeping, with the head injury she had been healed from and the situation she was probably exhausted, the thin line around her fingers had been exchanged with thicker, softer thread that would not hurt her so much, she was still tied down to the bed though and you got that claustrophobic feeling that you would expect when stepping into the magick dampening cell.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Colin nodded, "Too true... and we've denied the Fallen at least two of their Masters today; possibly more if the Union strike team were swift and successful..."

He nodded, "I may have some rapport with her, but I trust her about as far as Chief Joakim's youngest apprentice can throw her... Theo, was it not?"
He grimaced as his magic was suppressed, knelt down beside the bed and gently shook Jodelle by the shoulder, "Miss Jerkins? I'm sorry to wake you, but I need a couple of answers..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Colin nodded, "Too true... and we've denied the Fallen at least two of their Masters today; possibly more if the Union strike team were swift and successful..."

"Yes we can hope, that would mean fewer of the Fallen to deal with when we move on the Labyrinth which I assume we eventually will need to do."
Joakim said.
"The fewer Nephandi that Abigail have the easier our job becomes, not that I think it will be very easy in either case though."

He nodded, "I may have some rapport with her, but I trust her about as far as Chief Joakim's youngest apprentice can throw her... Theo, was it not?"

"Hum..." the guard said and then he nodded. "Yes Theodore Everet." He said and gave you a nod of his head in greeting. "Good I would not trust that woman, do not let her get any opportunities either."

He grimaced as his magic was suppressed, knelt down beside the bed and gently shook Jodelle by the shoulder, "Miss Jerkins? I'm sorry to wake you, but I need a couple of answers..."

The Nephandus gasped and jerked awake, with her present situation it was no big leap to assume her dreams had not been comfortable.
"Ehm...that is all right Mr Wainwright..."
She muttered as she blinked a few times to wake up properly.
"If they are answers I can give you, by all means you are free to ask though."
She said and looked at you.
"What can I help you with?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:36 pm

He nodded to Theo, "It's not as though she'll get her hands untied, or any release from the bed."
He smiled to Jodelle, "It's a bit of a practical problem, of sorts. Are you familiar with the time when your Labyrinth was constructed? I am, of course, referring to the one underground by the old cinema. This was about seventy years ago, I believe?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:00 pm

He nodded to Theo, "It's not as though she'll get her hands untied, or any release from the bed."

"No, do not do that."
Theo agreed.
"It would not be wise."

He smiled to Jodelle, "It's a bit of a practical problem, of sorts. Are you familiar with the time when your Labyrinth was constructed? I am, of course, referring to the one underground by the old cinema. This was about seventy years ago, I believe?"

The Nephandus' eyes widened a bit that you knew about the Labyrinth the one by the old cinema but she did her best to hide the reaction.
"Yes I was around at that time, why where you wondering Mr Wainwright?"
She asked but she was now slightly on edge and worried about how much you might know.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Colin smiled, "I must say, you've kept in good shape for your age, then. Now, I'm not going to ask you to betray any of the elements of the Labyrinth - Heavens know your little group has enough issues with that, even when, hm... in any case, what I was wondering about in particular is the Nosferatu you employed during its establisment back then - do you by any chance know her name? I know she vanished a goodly while back, but we're trying to cross-reference a few details."
He frowned, "Also, I was wondering about two of your colleagues - a chap seemingly in his fourties, looks a bit rough, carries a ramshackle homemade handgun of some sort, and a girl of perhaps thirteen or thereabouts; very good with countermagic. Is either of them a skilled healer, perhaps?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Colin smiled, "I must say, you've kept in good shape for your age, then.

"Why thank you...almost as if by magick."
Jodelle said and grinned.

ow, I'm not going to ask you to betray any of the elements of the Labyrinth - Heavens know your little group has enough issues with that, even when, hm...

"Hum...have something happened?"
The Nephandus said and tried to hide her worry and make it sound like a nonchalant question without being completely successful.

in any case, what I was wondering about in particular is the Nosferatu you employed during its establisment back then - do you by any chance know her name? I know she vanished a goodly while back, but we're trying to cross-reference a few details."

The prisoner considered for a moment then she nodded.
"I guess there will not be to much harm in giving you that information...let me see that vampire was taken by your side when they attacked the old Labyrinth...ah what was her name? It was one of those boring names that where all to common back then...Edith I think Edith Grounds...yes that was her name Edith Grounds, why where you wondering? Have you found her?"

He frowned, "Also, I was wondering about two of your colleagues - a chap seemingly in his fourties, looks a bit rough, carries a ramshackle homemade handgun of some sort, and a girl of perhaps thirteen or thereabouts; very good with countermagic. Is either of them a skilled healer, perhaps?"

"I know about who you are referring Mr Wainwright, he dabble in some healing yes."
Jodelle said then she raised an eyebrow.
"What a random question. The girl however is younger than she looks, she is the apprentice of one of Abigail's most trusted men, who is an asshole to anyone but her, I think the kid is around twelve, and yes she is good with countermagick, very good."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Colin grinned, "Almost indeed."
He smiled thinly, "Yes, something happened. But really, that would be telling, would it not?"
He nodded thoughtfully, "Edith Grounds... Thank you. I expect you know as well as I do that someone's name is an efficient means of getting to people, whether by mundane or magical means. Perhaps we've found her, perhaps we're searching; after 70 years, who can tell how much is left of her anyway?"
He pondered, "So he knows some healing... Is he quick with that? Could he plausibly pull someone back from the brink of death within a minute's time? When we met, he didn't seem to be the most... agile."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:45 am

Friday:

I suppose she has tried most things. She must be tired.

In any case, that means she's a strong soul, and i thing she is. I felt her avatar, it was powerful and simple. Strong.

Saturday:

COuld be... i'll find a way. THere must be a way. He said, determined. He might not be wealthy, but he surely could do something?

Tane walked around to the Shoe shop like someone that was looking for someone, giving only one obvious but careless look at the couple. He tried to mimic a bum looking for shelter, an while doing so, he tried to get around them.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 am

Colin:

He smiled thinly, "Yes, something happened. But really, that would be telling, would it not?"

"Yes well I guess you have your secrets and I have mine."
The Nephandus said and smiles but it was clear that it was frustrating to be tied up down here while her Labyrinth was fighting out there and not knowing what was going on.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Edith Grounds... Thank you. I expect you know as well as I do that someone's name is an efficient means of getting to people, whether by mundane or magical means. Perhaps we've found her, perhaps we're searching; after 70 years, who can tell how much is left of her anyway?"

"Perhaps I should not have told you her name, again it seams I say to much to you Mr Wainwright."
Jodelle said but she did give you a bit of a smile.
"How much is left of the vampire though I do not know, but they are a durable sort, not that it would be in our best interest if you found her."

He pondered, "So he knows some healing... Is he quick with that? Could he plausibly pull someone back from the brink of death within a minute's time? When we met, he didn't seem to be the most... agile."

"So the girl was mortally wounded then...well that is better than being captured, though her mentor will not be pleased. Well in either case I think perhaps I will keep it to myself whatever or not the man you mentioned could pull of such a feat."
She said as she glanced over at Colin.
"I do not see that you need to know."

Tane:

Friday:

I suppose she has tried most things. She must be tired.

"Hum...yes well mostly I think she is just fed up with her mother, she love her clearly but she is still fed up with her and want out from under her thumb so in a year or so..."

In any case, that means she's a strong soul, and i thing she is. I felt her avatar, it was powerful and simple. Strong.

"Good, she will become a strong mage one day then."
Henrietta said and nodded. You got to the buss stop, there where no one else there now.
"You know I can get back to Steelhaven on my own from here right?"

Saturday:

COuld be... i'll find a way. THere must be a way. He said, determined. He might not be wealthy, but he surely could do something?

"Maybe, well I wish you the best of luck with that."
Henrietta said but she sounded doubtful.

Tane walked around to the Shoe shop like someone that was looking for someone, giving only one obvious but careless look at the couple. He tried to mimic a bum looking for shelter, an while doing so, he tried to get around them.

"Hey you three, beat it."
One of the two men said, he was tall and thin, wearing a black leather jacket, blue jeans and a white shirt.
"Get out of here!"
The two men clearly did not want company nor where they very keen on letting you get past them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:41 am

Colin smiled, "Of course, of course. I must wonder, though, whether you have an Aegis or similar ward up on the entire Labyrinth, or if you just have that sort of defenses at the entrances, to avoid too many unexpected interactions deeper inside?"
He shrugged, "True, I do not need to know... but if the chance of her bleeding out before she could reach a hospital was destroyed, that rather means it would be the Technocrats who would be more likely to get her first, and such a healthy kid? I suspect they wouldn't waste such a resource; more likely they'd take her in, lobotomize her, and use her for manual labour and bone marrow 'donations' for their regenerative serum... Effective stuff, that serum, but dreadfully cruel and inhumanely pragmatic in its manufacture..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next