Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 13 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:50 am

Colin smiled, "Of course, of course. I must wonder, though, whether you have an Aegis or similar ward up on the entire Labyrinth, or if you just have that sort of defenses at the entrances, to avoid too many unexpected interactions deeper inside?"

"If we have an Aegis then that particular war is nor a barrier it is covers an entire area, a protected Chantry would mean all of it are protected, not just to boarders."
Jodelle said.
"But what our defenses is or is not something I am willing to share."
She said firmly.

He shrugged, "True, I do not need to know... but if the chance of her bleeding out before she could reach a hospital was destroyed, that rather means it would be the Technocrats who would be more likely to get her first, and such a healthy kid? I suspect they wouldn't waste such a resource; more likely they'd take her in, lobotomize her, and use her for manual labour and bone marrow 'donations' for their regenerative serum... Effective stuff, that serum, but dreadfully cruel and inhumanely pragmatic in its manufacture..."

"That would be unfortunate indeed I wish for no such fate for the girl, it is still better for her if the Union should get her though, while they also have...that ritual...usually they kill my kind which will allow her Avatar to be reborn..."
The Nephandus said then she sigh and there came a bit of bitterness in her voice.
"We should all be so lucky, being harvested for parts of turned into one of the Unions servants or sent to Mecha would be a small price to pay to avoid...certain other things..."
She muttered but she did not allow the moment of weakness to last for long before she shrugged.
"Oh well the dangers of the war I guess..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 13 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:56 am

Devon your mentor have maneuvered for you to get a place at a good Chantry. It is currently Saturday afternoon and you are in Boston, you have been given a note with an address to a place called Steelhaven Hall. Whatever you are driving or walking you soon see the building, it is not much from the outside, it looks like any other cheap apartment building that where a dime a dozen in this neighborhood that mostly catered to students, according to your teacher though, the fairly plain building contained a powerful Chantry.

(OOC: Introduction to Ashan101's new character, we have a Etherite gentlemen.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:47 am

"Not candle wicks?"He asked and gave one a little jank though as he was not fully manifested he could not really affect anything physical beyond slightly touching it. "But I wanted candle wicks...

"Not candle wicks." Adley couldn't help but find the imp's antics amusing but he knew better than to encourage it or it would cajole him for more time than they could reasonably spare, as he had little grasp on time nor the wasting of it. "I will remember you like candle wicks and shiny things." He felt a pang of sympathy, too when the imp gave him the absolutely saddest of puppy eyes he had ever seen him make before his form shifted into a small non-sentient bonfire. He would have to make it up to him, even though he knew his pater would treat him well for doing something he disliked but had obeyed. And he would too, if he could.

He began without preamble once he became flame, so as to not discomfort him longer than necessary, careful to keep himself in the scrying ward that was set up. "My contact has one of her own that wants the same deal as her other one. We need to determine transfer and timing so we can continue on with what we discussed before as soon as possible. My eldest cabal mate says there is someone here that knows the draining magick working if something should happen to him. He is also bringing a gift for our youngest. If it comes in question, do not use parts of another avatar on her, please tell whom needs to know this if it becomes relevant. I believe that while it might work in the short term, it would be unwise, cruel and possibly have long-term ramifications. I will explain more later but we are searching for methods to ease her pain so she can heal. Additionally, the one whose documents we used for precedence to stop the gilgul, their mother and associates were attacked but do not appear unduly harmed so far as I know."

"The dark woman is looking for a specific hedge wizard to be the vessel for the aswadim, one who was made into a vampire, returned to human but lost their avatar, one that is a strong survivor who has 'an empty slot' to receive and contain it. She plans on destroying her own daughter's avatar to make the vessel if she cannot find them as a backup plan. As well, she will sacrifice a time mage to strengthen the caul to her purpose and make the vessel ready, that we know was set to happen at the start. The attack on the post was to acquire a package containing something they wanted to use to find the  the grimoire, writ by the one with the dual luminary name. We believe they want it as instructions for the embodiment.

"I make progress; I have been practicing my hand gestures and have had a few insights. I have realised the difficulty in attempts to counter qlippothic magick by the same means as one would dynamic magick. Simple Fire can burn away the heavier detritus and leave room for new growth, but more complex corruption can be approached differently for better effect. Please tell me when you received the message and understand by giving me the answer to the following when next we speak: "At the first lesser feast I attended, I dropped...''

"Little flame, that part is done," he said in Enochian, and gave the words to return him to his normal state. He smiled at him gratefully and waited for him to reform before telling him, "Good job. Thank you, friend. There is one more part of the message. Do you remember when your Master told you to copy the way he moved his hands?  Can you also do this for me too please?"

// I -think- it was said that Bee is younger than Adley, even though she awakened much younger than he did, hence calling her the youngest. But he calls her little sister either way. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Sorry for not replying till now, I realised I logged in and left half a post on screen while I got called away. My neighbors were experiencing an impromptu flood when I turned the bath tap on. -My- water in my perfectly good new hookup somehow floods my -neighbor's sink- for some reason????!!! Backup in the shared drain pipe plus their sink interior rusted is my guess. The mystery-saga continues. Will try to catch up though so I don't make you wait but hopefully this made it up somewhat.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:37 am

"Not candle wicks." Adley couldn't help but find the imp's antics amusing but he knew better than to encourage it or it would cajole him for more time than they could reasonably spare, as he had little grasp on time nor the wasting of it.

"But I like candle wicks."
The little spirit protested through he stopped trying to pull on your shoe laces and in stead looked up at you with trusting eyes and then started playing with his own tail instead.

"I will remember you like candle wicks and shiny things."

"I like candle wicks and shiny things that reflect my flames."
The little imp said and jumped around.

"Little flame, that part is done," he said in Enochian, and gave the words to return him to his normal state. He smiled at him gratefully and waited for him to reform before telling him, "Good job. Thank you, friend. There is one more part of the message.

Poodle slowly returned from a small spiritual flame to his regular form as an little fire imp he was not happy however and sat on his butt looking like a dog being washed, a dog that did not enjoy it, his head was drooping, his pointy ears where drooping and his tail was drooping and a fresh set of spark tears flew from his big molten eyes.

Do you remember when your Master told you to copy the way he moved his hands? Can you also do this for me too please?"

"Yes...I can do this...I do not understand it but Master likes to move his hands, he finds it fun."
Poodle said still sad and clearly misunderstanding the purpose of Jeffry's hand gestures but he lifted his little hands, then forgot what he was supposed to do and chews on one of them while he looks at you with his sad puppy eyes.

(OOC: Yes Bee is about 23 years old so she is younger than Adley.)

(OOC 2: That sounds bothersome. Oh and do not worry you have not made us wait Colin is up to is usual shenanigans. Just post when you have the time and good luck with the flood.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:02 am

Adley reached out as if to give the imp a sort of pat with the tips of his fingers though he couldn't exactly touch him without working more magick. Still, he made a gesture of affection towards him anyway. "Please don't be sad, small one. I'm sorry that was not a pleasant experience. And I thank you for that effort."

"Yes...I can do this...I do not understand it but Master likes to move his hands, he finds it fun." Poodle said still sad and clearly misunderstanding the purpose of Jeffry's hand gestures but he lifted his little hands, then forgot what he was supposed to do and chews on one of them while he looks at you with his sad puppy eyes.

"Watch me close now so you can take them back to him and don't forget. Then when Master Chief Morgan is alone and you are ready to deliver your message, turn to the flame for that part of the message, and then show the same gestures in the same order I give them to you. I will not forget your hard work and will tell him what a good job you have done."

Adley made a sequence of very specific signs that only his pater and soror would know, not too many in case Poodle could not remember: The symbol for [two/dual], then [spirit] then the symbol for [insects/bugs] for Bee, [self/I/me], and [book/writing].

"Do you have it to show Chief Morgan, your Master along with the rest of your message?" he asked the imp. He showed them again, slower and in the same sequence.

The combined effect should, he hoped, be enough to pass on the information encrypted as best he could manage given all circumstances. There was so much more he wanted to tell him, about the storm he experienced, Tian and his daughter, the grimoire, the beacon-shard, about Claire and Dylan and Deacon Rose. The implications of what happened to Molly. About what had happened to Colin. There was so much but he could not tell everything. Not even to his pater, not even if he had the time.

Now to see if he received it and understood it. And then...then the next steps. Speaking with Narim or Master Harris was next. Then Joakim again to see what they should do about Carmon. Contact Tyler. See if Colin had returned...step step step...

// N'aw poor Poodle, if they survive the apocalypse Adley is gonna have to get him something shiny

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:16 am

Colin smiled, "I didn't expect you would share that. I can still wonder out loud, hmm?"
He sighed, "For what it's worth, let's hope she bled out quickly and painlessly... I may be skilled at inflicting injury and death, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. I by far prefer creating, you know... Hm, by the way, that fellow's shoddy zip gun, do you know why he relies on it? It looked rather ramshackle and unreliable."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:29 am

Adley:

Adley reached out as if to give the imp a sort of pat with the tips of his fingers though he couldn't exactly touch him without working more magick. Still, he made a gesture of affection towards him anyway. "Please don't be sad, small one. I'm sorry that was not a pleasant experience. And I thank you for that effort."

Poodle seamed to cheer up a bit at your fond gesture, though just like a dog after bathing or having it's claws trimmed he knew he could get treats out of this and he chewed on his fingers and looked at you, adorably, he had learned just what humans would find cute, then he muttered.
"I do not like not to think, not to be me, but I guess that if it is for Master it is ok."

"Watch me close now so you can take them back to him and don't forget. Then when Master Chief Morgan is alone and you are ready to deliver your message, turn to the flame for that part of the message, and then show the same gestures in the same order I give them to you. I will not forget your hard work and will tell him what a good job you have done."

Poodle watched your hands though he did not look pleased when you asked him to turn into a flame again and his ears drooped a bit more.
"I get shiny?"
He asked then he looked up and you and took his fingers out of his mouth so he could copy your gestures.

Adley made a sequence of very specific signs that only his pater and soror would know, not too many in case Poodle could not remember: The symbol for [two/dual], then [spirit] then the symbol for [insects/bugs] for Bee, [self/I/me], and [book/writing].

"Do you have it to show Chief Morgan, your Master along with the rest of your message?" he asked the imp. He showed them again, slower and in the same sequence.

The little imp nodded she showed the gestures back to you and giggled as if it was a game, which he probably also thought that it was.
"Yes...yes I will show Master the gestures and he will be happy."
He said joyfully, like a child the little spirit was easy to hurt and easy to please as well.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I didn't expect you would share that. I can still wonder out loud, hmm?"

"It is not like I can stop you Mr Wainwright."
Jodelle said and gave you a wry grin and twisted her wrists a bit.
"I do seam to be somewhat indisposed at the moment."

He sighed, "For what it's worth, let's hope she bled out quickly and painlessly... I may be skilled at inflicting injury and death, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. I by far prefer creating, you know... Hm, by the way, that fellow's shoddy zip gun, do you know why he relies on it? It looked rather ramshackle and unreliable."

"It would be a kinder death that most Nephandi get."
Jodelle said then she sigh.
"I will kill when I have to but I see no need to do it just to take lives, but then we are at war there will be casualties as for that gun, well the bloody fool is a Etherite what did you expect?"

(OOC: I imagine my first dog during a bath, he hated baths. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:42 am

Colin glanced briefly at Jodelle's bindings - they still held, right? - and frowned slightly, "Ah, Etherite... that would explain why I had some trouble determining what he had going on... Hm, that would suggest he does have a few quick tricks up his sleeve, which may mean the Union might get the girl after all... Pity, really - that bone marrow harvesting I mentioned? Not a one-time deal. The Union keeps their donors for bone marrow like farmers keep sheep for their wool... It's a cruel, excessively pragmatic thing..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:50 am

Colin glanced briefly at Jodelle's bindings - they still held, right?

Yes the bindings held firmly the Nephandus could not move much.

and frowned slightly, "Ah, Etherite... that would explain why I had some trouble determining what he had going on... Hm, that would suggest he does have a few quick tricks up his sleeve, which may mean the Union might get the girl after all... Pity, really - that bone marrow harvesting I mentioned? Not a one-time deal. The Union keeps their donors for bone marrow like farmers keep sheep for their wool... It's a cruel, excessively pragmatic thing..."

"It would not be the only thing they do to their prisoners. MECHA is there to harvest Tass from the mages they enslave there, most of them forcefully Awakened, not to mention when they need something to experiment on, brain implants to ensure obedience, brainwashing...need I go on? You do not want to be taken alive by the Technocracy Mr Wainwright let me assure you about that, and no I do not relish the idea of that girl becoming their prisoner, but it is still better than the Traditions."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Colin shook his head, "No need to continue... I am already aware of how the Union has fallen from their ideals. They had some noble beginnings, perhaps, but like the Soviet Revolution a hundred years ago, and the French Revolution a little over two and a quarter centuries ago, the ideals have long been compromised for other agendas. And before you try a snide comment about the Traditions' noble ideals, let me point out that there are Nephandi who also are willing to sacrifice a few ideals for personal agendas."
He smiled thinly, "That said, I at least can try to live up to the ideals I see in the Traditions; try to lead by example. I'm not sure how easy that would be to do in the Union, or among the Nephandi... In any case, I hope you sleep a little better now; I got what I came for."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Colin shook his head, "No need to continue... I am already aware of how the Union has fallen from their ideals. They had some noble beginnings, perhaps, but like the Soviet Revolution a hundred years ago, and the French Revolution a little over two and a quarter centuries ago, the ideals have long been compromised for other agendas.

"Entropy and decay tend to take it's toll Mr Wainwright, in many ways destruction is the strongest force in this universe, everything will slowly be pulled towards nothingness, and all you can do is embrace it like my side do, or try to stall it."
Jodelle and her voice took on a tone of reverence as she spoke about her highest ideals.
"Even those that begin with good intentions tend to end up corrupted eventually."

And before you try a snide comment about the Traditions' noble ideals, let me point out that there are Nephandi who also are willing to sacrifice a few ideals for personal agendas."

"Off course there are, we are human...well for the most part, and we step wrong, and many come to the Nephandi in the hope of personal power, none but the Aswadim are perfect, that is why we revere them as you revere your Oracles, I do assume you have heard about the Aswadim, those who could have Descended, but who choose to remain and help others along the path."
The Nephandus said proudly.
"But yes none of us are perfect, I certainly am not, for example your faction's policy of never letting a captured Fallen get away with death is a boon to me, for if given the choice between what await me and betraying my Labyrinth and ideals...well I hope that I would have been able to remain strong, but you can imagine yourself, what would you have done given such an option...fear can be one way to fall of the path, greed, desire, rage all of these are other things that can corrupt the purity of purpose and we all are in danger of stepping wrong for the seeds of corruption are in us all."

He smiled thinly, "That said, I at least can try to live up to the ideals I see in the Traditions; try to lead by example. I'm not sure how easy that would be to do in the Union, or among the Nephandi... In any case, I hope you sleep a little better now; I got what I came for."

"I try the same Mr Wainwright, though the ideals of my faction might be different than yours, I walk the Black Spiral towards nothingess...that being said from what I have seen of your conduct towards me at least you are a honorable man."
Jodelle said and gave you a thin smile.
"Thank you, I will try..."
She muttered.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I was out playing MtG.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Poodle watched your hands though he did not look pleased when you asked him to turn into a flame again and his ears drooped a bit more. "I get shiny?"

"I believe that when you complete your tasks for your Master, he said he would reward you; taking the whole message to him including the one being a fire is part of that task," he told him, since that is usually how it worked, that he would have to return to being a fire to deliver the hidden message. "I am not sure exactly what he agreed to give you though. After I return home and things are well again, I will see if I can find you something shiny that you will like. But first let's complete our tasks."

The little imp nodded she showed the gestures back to you and giggled as if it was a game, which he probably also thought that it was.
"Yes...yes I will show Master the gestures and he will be happy."

"Good, that's just right," he nodded to him. "Very good. Now, attend to your duties and be safe in your travels, little one." He gave him the dismissal words. He wished what the imp was going to impart would make his pater happy...but at least he knew that Poodle would get something in return for his troubles.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Colin smiled, "There's an old Asimov story, 'The Last Question', I believe was the title, where all of humanity's resources over billions of years are poured into finding a way to reverse entropy... Long after the universe has ceased to be, the last remaining consciousness, that of an incredibly sophisticated artificial intelligence finally determines an answer when there is no one left to hear. Can you guess what it says at the end?"
He nodded, "I know approximately what the Aswadim are; great and terrible beings of incredible power, sort of like Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep, for example... I expect a clash between an Oracle and an Aswadim would be an epic spectacle to behold, preferably from a minimum safe distance of several dimensions away... And true, everyone has a price, for lack of a better term. I hope nobody finds mine, whatever it might be."
He smiled, "I try to conduct myself well. I've read a bit of Confucius; he had some good ideas on proper behaviour. So did Jesus. Modern Christianity, though, could well be said to have some... institutional discrepancies with the ideas he presented..."

((OOC: No problem. I was at work, using a bit of free time to finish up Saturday's D&D game anyway. Also, welcome back to active duty to Ashan.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Adley:

"I believe that when you complete your tasks for your Master, he said he would reward you; taking the whole message to him including the one being a fire is part of that task," he told him, since that is usually how it worked, that he would have to return to being a fire to deliver the hidden message.

"Yes Master did say that he would reward me when the job is done."
The little imp said and gave you another big smile.
"But I do not like being a fire, I do not like it at all, would you like being a fire?"
He asked and pulled on his own tail and pouted.

"I am not sure exactly what he agreed to give you though. After I return home and things are well again, I will see if I can find you something shiny that you will like. But first let's complete our tasks."

"Oh shiny...shiny."
The little imp said suddenly happy again and he danced around you excitedly the sadness from a moment before suddenly forgotten.
"Shiny."

"Good, that's just right," he nodded to him. "Very good. Now, attend to your duties and be safe in your travels, little one." He gave him the dismissal words. He wished what the imp was going to impart would make his pater happy...but at least he knew that Poodle would get something in return for his troubles.

"Go straight home and speak with no one along the way, find Master and give him the message and he will be happy."
Poodle clapped his little hands together excitedly and danced.
"I remember I am good..."
It praised itself and looked up at you and grinned.
"Goodbye son of Master...shiny..."
The imp said before he vanished into the deeper parts of the Umbra for his journey back to Boston.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "There's an old Asimov story, 'The Last Question', I believe was the title, where all of humanity's resources over billions of years are poured into finding a way to reverse entropy... Long after the universe has ceased to be, the last remaining consciousness, that of an incredibly sophisticated artificial intelligence finally determines an answer when there is no one left to hear. Can you guess what it says at the end?"

"I would suspect that there are no way to reverse Entropy, it will always be the strongest force."
Jodelle said and glanced at you.

He nodded, "I know approximately what the Aswadim are; great and terrible beings of incredible power, sort of like Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep, for example... I expect a clash between an Oracle and an Aswadim would be an epic spectacle to behold, preferably from a minimum safe distance of several dimensions away...

"Ah yes the Black Man, Llovecraft was closer to the truth than most have any idea of."
The Nephandus said and nodded.
"Ah I think most likely such a fight would be fought in a way beyond our ken and while destructive would likely not be something we could understand."

And true, everyone has a price, for lack of a better term. I hope nobody finds mine, whatever it might be."

"No, one's price is a secret best kept stored away in the deepest recesses of one's mind never to be revealed."
The prisoner agreed and nodded.
"Though should I be able to find yours my side would gain a very cleaver ally."
She said and added a grin as if she was joking, but not quite.

He smiled, "I try to conduct myself well. I've read a bit of Confucius; he had some good ideas on proper behaviour. So did Jesus. Modern Christianity, though, could well be said to have some... institutional discrepancies with the ideas he presented..."

"Well then we are back to how Entropy slowly drives even the best and most well meaning of ideas, teachings and religion towards corruption and decadency. I do wonder what such spiritual teachers would think of the movements they have spawned."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Colin grinned, "Let there be light. There's a cyclic nature to things, is the point of the story. Also, the Second Law of Thermodynamics specifies that Entropy cannot be reduced in an isolated system... The question then becomes whether Reality is truly isolated... Entropy may not be the strongest force, but I will acknowledge that it seems to lack either ebb or flow."
He smiled thinly, "Well, knowing what my price might be would only be the first part... It might be nigh-impossible to pay, in a manner of speaking."
He sighed, "Mostly, I think they would be rather upset. That is when it is wise to take note that among the things Jesus would do, flipping tables and flogging moneychangers is an alternative..."
He shook his head, "No matter; I wish you a good night's sleep, and hope I won't have to disturb you again. And... I'll remember that candle."

He slowly stepped back and headed out of the cell again, taking in a delighted breath as he left the suppression zone and closed the door. "Right, then to find the Chief again... Goodnight, mr. Everet."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:54 pm

Colin grinned, "Let there be light. There's a cyclic nature to things, is the point of the story. Also, the Second Law of Thermodynamics specifies that Entropy cannot be reduced in an isolated system... The question then becomes whether Reality is truly isolated... Entropy may not be the strongest force, but I will acknowledge that it seems to lack either ebb or flow."

"Hum...yes there is a Cycle indeed, but that very Cycle it is my side are trying to smash to bits, and sooner or later there will be no new turns on that Cycle, there will be no more let there be light, there will be nothingness, just glorious nothingness."
Jodelle said and smiled as if she found that thought most pleasant and comforting.

He smiled thinly, "Well, knowing what my price might be would only be the first part... It might be nigh-impossible to pay, in a manner of speaking."

"Ah my dear Mr Wainwright, we are mages, nothing is impossible."
The Nephandus said and gave you a grin.

He sighed, "Mostly, I think they would be rather upset. That is when it is wise to take note that among the things Jesus would do, flipping tables and flogging moneychangers is an alternative..."

"Not that would be a show I would pay to watch."
The bound woman said with a wry look on her face.
"Then again for most religions if their gurus where to return, chances are greater that they would be exiled or killed by their own fanatical followers then actually listened to."

He shook his head, "No matter; I wish you a good night's sleep, and hope I won't have to disturb you again.

"Very well Mr Wainwright...and I do not mind the company so do not concern yourself with having disturbed me."
Jodelle said and nodded.

And... I'll remember that candle."

"Ah yes my silly little request..."
The Nephandus said but then she looked at the Orphan for a moment and she gave him an earnestly grateful nod.
"Thank you."
She muttered.
"Good night Mr Wainwright."

He slowly stepped back and headed out of the cell again, taking in a delighted breath as he left the suppression zone and closed the door. "Right, then to find the Chief again... Goodnight, mr. Everet."

The guard nodded and then shrugged.
"Usually you can find the old goat at his office."
He said then he added.
"Oh and please do not tell him that I called him that."
Theo grinned.
"Yes good night."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:24 pm

"Yes Master did say that he would reward me when the job is done." The little imp said and gave you another big smile. "But I do not like being a fire, I do not like it at all, would you like being a fire?" He asked and pulled on his own tail and pouted.

Adley did not have time to engage in a rhetorical debate with the little spirit, though he did take his point to heart. He supposed it would be on par with someone requesting that he be a mindless animal for some while, some form of the self without consciousness. Or a book, with someone else writing on the leaves while he wasn't paying attention. Which, he supposed, was for him and his avatar, apparently a subtle truth. He waved goodbye as Poodle faded into the deeper umbral reaches, wishing him good luck to get home safely. Then he took the magickal candle out again and kept himself in the circle ward, kneeling down again as he did before, and giving it the same attention he had for his pater but calling Master Harris instead. Though he did not know the man as well as his pater, he tried to fix him in mind as best he could as he lit the candle and then dialled him up, waiting to see if he was available to answer and what the candle flame told him as he watched it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Colin grinned, "Actually, I just spent the better part of an hour explaining to a Sleeper how a great many things are impossible, but we as Mages do them anyway..."
He smiled thinly, "Under the circumstances... I don't think any such request quite qualifies as silly."

He grinned at Theo, "I think he might be inclined to shoot the messenger if I did. There's usually some inherent risk to referencing powerful individuals in such a manner, you know, and I dare say he's got ample experience in dealing with impertinence..."
He chuckled softly and headed for the stairs.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:11 pm

Adley:

Then he took the magickal candle out again and kept himself in the circle ward, kneeling down again as he did before, and giving it the same attention he had for his pater but calling Master Harris instead. Though he did not know the man as well as his pater, he tried to fix him in mind as best he could as he lit the candle and then dialled him up, waiting to see if he was available to answer and what the candle flame told him as he watched it.

The candle flame stayed calm as you called up the Virtual Adept Master and the man answered.
"Yeah this is Harris, who is calling? Ah...one of the guests from Steelhaven right I did not recognize your number."
You hear and then the sound of a cup of coffee being lifted to plump lips and a sip being taken and the sound of footsteps, the Master of the Art was out walking in the hallways clearly, probably on his way from the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and back to the computer room, now and again the candle flame flickered as he passed someone in the hallway.
"What can I help you with?"

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Actually, I just spent the better part of an hour explaining to a Sleeper how a great many things are impossible, but we as Mages do them anyway..."

"Ah well you get it then Mr Wainwright, perhaps you will end up on our side of the war yet."
The Nephanda said and gave an dry chuckle.

He smiled thinly, "Under the circumstances... I don't think any such request quite qualifies as silly."

"No...I suppose not..."
Jodelle said sadly then she sigh.
"Again thank you, it is nice that someone will miss me fondly...well I guess my Mentor will as well, in her own way, but still...yes it...well..."

He grinned at Theo, "I think he might be inclined to shoot the messenger if I did. There's usually some inherent risk to referencing powerful individuals in such a manner, you know, and I dare say he's got ample experience in dealing with impertinence..."
He chuckled softly and headed for the stairs.

Theo chuckled.
"Ah yes, I bet he would find some way to make his displeasure known...the garden do need to be tended to make it ready for winter, ad the Chief might just be waiting for a good victim...ehm I mean volunteer for the job."
He said with a wry grin.

You get up stairs, you see Rosario Dane standing and talking with a tall, plain woman with a large nose and dark eyes and dressed in a finely tailored ladies business suit, other than that there where no one in the entrance hall as you come up from the basement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 am

"Yeah this is Harris, who is calling? Ah...one of the guests from Steelhaven right I did not recognize your number...What can I help you with?"

"Yes, hello. I was wondering if I could speak to you for a moment privately please?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:43 am

Hans replied to you over the phone.
"Yes off course, do you want to talk over the phone or to come up to the computer room and talk there?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:25 am

Colin grinned, "Good thing for me I'm not formally under his extended jurisdiction, then. He might find it difficult to justify turning me into a gardener so far from home. Compost, on the other hand..."

He nodded to Rosario and the other lady, and strolled over to Joakim's door, then paused, "Er, Miss Dane, did you see if the Chief came back to his office?"

((OOC: Bother and befuddlement. Power was shut down at 22:30 last night, and was off for about three hours. So much for chilling and gaming before regular bedtime. Razz (Alright, necessary maintenance, but still... hell of a time to pick, when it's too early to sleep right, too dark to read much, and too late to go out...) ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 am

Colin grinned, "Good thing for me I'm not formally under his extended jurisdiction, then. He might find it difficult to justify turning me into a gardener so far from home. Compost, on the other hand..."

"Other than setting broken bones or during sparring I have never known the Chief to hurt anyone at the Chantry, he is generally the one that performs the rare corporal punishment that is doled out around here but that is as violent as he get, so unless you are a Technocrat in disguise compost is not likely...gardener though...that is another matter."
Theo said and grinned.

He nodded to Rosario and the other lady, and strolled over to Joakim's door, then paused, "Er, Miss Dane, did you see if the Chief came back to his office?"

The two mage ladies nodded back to you. Rosario nodded.
"Yes Mr Wainwright I saw him oh, two or three minutes ago, headed into his office with a cup of coffee."
The young Cultist said and smiled to you.
"So he should be in there.

(OOC: I am sure the Technocracy is to blame that or ferrets...either or. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:04 am

Colin pondered for a moment, his expression softening, "He's an old soldier, and he hates inflicting pain like only an old soldier can... You have an innocence to you yet, I think; don't lose that like Chief Joakim and I have... Deliberately harming others will wear on your soul, and I'm not referring to Jhor..."

He nodded, "Thank you," and rapped lightly but firmly on Joakim's door.

((OOC: Considering how workers generally are organized in Norway, and that the shutoff had a week's advance warning, it's definitely a Union job. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 am

Colin pondered for a moment, his expression softening, "He's an old soldier, and he hates inflicting pain like only an old soldier can... You have an innocence to you yet, I think; don't lose that like Chief Joakim and I have... Deliberately harming others will wear on your soul, and I'm not referring to Jhor..."

"You are right the Chief do not like to inflict pain and death, he also say that the more powerful a person gets the more careful one have to be to not become a tyrant, he is a good man Sir."
Theo said then he sigh and nodded.
"I have ended up in fights with the Union and when I first Awakened the Nephandi wanted me due to...well a rather extreme potential if I was willing to kill for it and I fought my way out, but I have not yet had to take a life no..."
He muttered.
"And I hope I will not have to, but chances are one day I will."

He nodded, "Thank you," and rapped lightly but firmly on Joakim's door.

Joakim opened the door he still had an purple and blue coffee mug in his hand.
"Ah Mr Wainwright come in, did you learn anything useful from the prisoner?"
He asked and got out of the way so you could come into his small office.

(OOC: Well that would not be quite the same Union. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next