Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Normally no we would not get involved with whatever accident might have occurred here, and mostly likely this is just an accident or a random act of violence or someone who have fallen ill, but with everything that have happened lately running a quick rote to see if there is anything magickally out of order might be wise..."
Darrian muttered.

"as you think best"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:52 pm

"Hum...yes well perhaps it is best to get you and Lars back to the safety of Steelhaven first Mr Miles, and come back here later to investigate this...."
The alchemist muttered as he pulled a small bottle with a tincture of some kind out of his pocket and shook it before glancing at it.
"Hum..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Friday:
You need to stay strong, you need nourishment. I'll see that you get something to eat after Amadeus sleeps. he said as she grabbed him. If you want, we could sedate you so you can sleep.

Saturday:
We can take it close. I mean, even if they have a way to track it down... i doubt anyone will investigate what happens here. In any case, they can track their friends or corpses.
Tane could feel the anger and despair in his companion, but this was what he had to do, after all, more of them might be hurted in the future. These were not just mangled corpses, but stakes made out of bone. Tane knew they were in pain for the little it was left of it. He took a stone and carved a little rune, a symbol of peace much like the symbols you'd put on a grave (because in many ways, that's what it was) and then tried to force their way into the rock so he could take them back to steelhaven.

Arete: 8 4 2
1 FV
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:11 am

Friday:

You need to stay strong, you need nourishment. I'll see that you get something to eat after Amadeus sleeps. he said as she grabbed him.

"I can try..."
Beatrice said to you asking that she eat, she did not seam like she wanted food though and she whimpered softly.
"I...I don't know...I do not want to...be more...helpless...and not be able to wake up...from the nightmares..."
She protested weakly.

Saturday:

We can take it close. I mean, even if they have a way to track it down... i doubt anyone will investigate what happens here. In any case, they can track their friends or corpses.

"There are magic to stop arcane connections on the prisoner, if that guy over there will survive, however they might track the car by more mundane ways."
Henrietta protested.
"Also if we drive the car close but not all the way to the Chantry, how where you planning on getting a bleeding, tied up man through the streets to Steelhaven, the police might not care what happens here in Mattapan, they do care what happens in the neigborhood where the Chantry is located."

Tane could feel the anger and despair in his companion, but this was what he had to do, after all, more of them might be hurted in the future. These were not just mangled corpses, but stakes made out of bone. Tane knew they were in pain for the little it was left of it. He took a stone and carved a little rune, a symbol of peace much like the symbols you'd put on a grave (because in many ways, that's what it was) and then tried to force their way into the rock so he could take them back to steelhaven.

You manage to pick up the shards and send them into the rock, few of them had much ability to protest anymore, though you did hear little angry voices from them demanding the return of their long gone hosts or crying out in anguish, the problem was that this was time consuming work as it was hard to work with more than one shard at the time, they where broken and shattered but had once been Avatars, just sweeping them up did not work you had to lead them into the rock one by one and that might take longer than it was wise to stay here with a corpse and a wounded prisoner. It was hard to say how long it would take, but a few hours at least.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:50 am

"I am sorry about the disturbance, are your conversation done Mr Roth Hicks? That was Mr Horton, apparently one of his doctor friends have been treating a young girl over at Loyola University Medical Center, a girl that seam to be healing from a near fatal gunshot wound to the abdomen with alarming speed, I guess the Fallen Etherite is suffering from some Paradox right about now, however that leaves us with another problem."

"Crap, just what we don't need. Another problem. We're up to our eyeballs again...look, we can't let the police trace that bullet, nor the Nephandi use it to find him. Colin's gun is registered, that could make things complicated unless we can find someone to shift the serial number or make like it was lost or stolen, which would be pretty far fetched seeing as how it's here in a completely different city." He frowned. "Plus a hospital's likely to be under watch by the Technocracy...maybe we can check over your gun Colin and clean it up a little against arcane tracing though, make it harder."

Colin looked up at Joakim and facepalmed, "Oh, bloody Hell... I did not want to hear that now... Right, two questions, then - was the bullet recovered, and what's the plan of action? Can't exactly go into a hospital, guns blazing, can we?" He grimaced, "I'm so sick of violence..."

"No, we can't just barge in, that's for sure...we've got to deal with everything we've already got our hands into, still as well."

"In either case we have to deal with this now...I do not know about the bullet, I assume it is in the hospital's possession or delivered to the police, I have asked Mr Horton to check up on that, as for what to do, well we are going to have to get the girl, if she was dead then there was little we could do, but we can not let the potential knowledge she have slip between our fingers or let an Fallen Avatar be reborn...or for that matter let her identify you to the police."

"Great," he sighed. "Alright, let's see what we have to do," he said, not sounding like he relished it much but it needed to be dealt with, as it stood it was dangerous to them. "There's something else I need to confirm with you, Chief before we're done with the plan for the vampire also..."

He pondered, "Pinpointing her and seeing that she's alone should be the lesser problem, I think - I'm given to understand hospitals have numerous surveillance devices installed for a number of purposes; surely there'd be enough data sources for a Virtual Adept to tell where in a given room the girl would be at a given time?"
"Yes Nephandi do tend to be more natural in the Umbra so bringing an unwilling Nephandus, and she will be very unwilling, through the spirit world is asking for trouble, the best is probably to teleport her to a suitable location, and have someone stand ready with either magick dampening cuffs or that damned serum to get her under control once we have her."

"It would be harder as well due to the local gauntlet...is it under Technocratic control or just oversight? Either way though teleporting I guess is the way to go...but the next logical question, to where? And then the problem is making sure she is not traced here...I doubt her mentor just left her there without any backup."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:05 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Hum...yes well perhaps it is best to get you and Lars back to the safety of Steelhaven first Mr Miles, and come back here later to investigate this...."
The alchemist muttered as he pulled a small bottle with a tincture of some kind out of his pocket and shook it before glancing at it.
"Hum..."

"Do you see something?" Devon inquires

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:20 am

Adley:

"Crap, just what we don't need. Another problem. We're up to our eyeballs again...look, we can't let the police trace that bullet, nor the Nephandi use it to find him. Colin's gun is registered, that could make things complicated unless we can find someone to shift the serial number or make like it was lost or stolen, which would be pretty far fetched seeing as how it's here in a completely different city." He frowned.

"Yes...more problems was not what I wished for either Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim muttered and sigh.
"But things are what they are and we have to deal with it. I agree though that it would be quite a problem if police where to get their hands on that bullet and trace it to Mr Wainwright not to mention if the Union was to do so, we need to get our hands on it first."

"Plus a hospital's likely to be under watch by the Technocracy...maybe we can check over your gun Colin and clean it up a little against arcane tracing though, make it harder."

"The Technocrazy often keep tabs on hospitals yes, that is rather common."
Joakim said and nodded.
"So this is indeed a bit of a problem, cleaning arcane connections of that gun might be a good first step though."

"No, we can't just barge in, that's for sure...we've got to deal with everything we've already got our hands into, still as well."

Joakim nodded at that.

"Great," he sighed. "Alright, let's see what we have to do," he said, not sounding like he relished it much but it needed to be dealt with, as it stood it was dangerous to them. "There's something else I need to confirm with you, Chief before we're done with the plan for the vampire also..."

"Yes we need to have a list of priorities and deal with them in order."
The hedge wizard nodded.
"What did you need need to confirm with me Mr Roth Hicks or is it something you would rather discuss in private?"
Joakim asked you as he finished his coffee.

"It would be harder as well due to the local gauntlet...is it under Technocratic control or just oversight?

"Oversight is more likely than control, it takes allot of resources to control a hospital, keeping and eye on it though can make sure that they get their hands on some as they call us, reality deviants when we are weak and vulnerable and hurt."
The old linear mage said and frowned.
"But yes in such centers of science the Gauntlet do tend to be harder yes."

Either way though teleporting I guess is the way to go...but the next logical question, to where? And then the problem is making sure she is not traced here...I doubt her mentor just left her there without any backup."

"Her mentor according to Mr Wainwright died at the Post Office...in an off itself I am not so worried about the Nephandi figuring out where Morningstar is, chances are they already know, the old Labyrinth did attack us once and we have not moved since then, it is numbers that keep us reasonably safe here not secrecy, beside with how long we have been here I doubt any faction do not know about us by now, and there are some benefit to teleporting the girl right here as we have the resources to deal with anything she might throw at us. However there is danger in that as well...off course...we do have the apartment we can use, that we use as a secondary site sometimes but then we have to worry about transport from there..."
Joakim said and sigh.
"And that we plan on using for the vampire, we could just teleport her to a car parked somewhere off course but a small team in a car is much more at risk from a rescue attempt from this Fallen Etherite she was with then this Chantry is."

Devon:

"I do not know...there is magick here, but then there often is this area of town tend to be a bit of a melting pot so I do not know if it is related to what is going on right now."
Darrian said as he glance at the liquid in his little bottle.
"It is worrying though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Colin smiled wryly at Adley, "I don't think it will be a problem with the police tracing the bullet back to me... Adjan lent me his spare - I think he said it was a burner - when mine failed me. We'll have to double-check with him immediately, though. And we just cleaned off that gun already, though I suppose we could be even more thorough..."
He drew the pistol again and placed it on the desk once more, magazine popped, "How would you propose we make it harder to trace than it already is, then?"
He grimaced, "The girl's Mentor was Gabriel, the fellow who tried to keep the back door closed until I... got up behind him. The Etherite she was with at the apartments is a greater concern; if he removed the bullet before healing her, or the hospital did and handed it to the police... well, best case scenario, the bullet is still there, healed over before the surgeons could get to it. They'd likely not be willing to risk the patient's life by opening a healing wound unless the bullet was resting against a major blood vessel or something. But the way things are going, I rather doubt that would be the case..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Colin smiled wryly at Adley, "I don't think it will be a problem with the police tracing the bullet back to me... Adjan lent me his spare - I think he said it was a burner - when mine failed me. We'll have to double-check with him immediately, though. And we just cleaned off that gun already, though I suppose we could be even more thorough..."

"We are going to check with Mr Terach as soon as possible then, and if the gun he loaned you is a burner we need to get rid of it as soon as possible, and by get rid of I mean melt into a nice puddle of metal and plastic, the best would be if we could get that bullet but if the gun is not registered on Mr Terach, then we might be in the clear here."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Let us hope so we could need a bit of luck."

He drew the pistol again and placed it on the desk once more, magazine popped, "How would you propose we make it harder to trace than it already is, then?"

"Hum...I know some confusion spells, but I think your best bet would be to ask Mark Jennings to work his Entropy magick on it, see if he can give the weapon a bit of Arcane, that should work."
Joakim said and nodded.

He grimaced, "The girl's Mentor was Gabriel, the fellow who tried to keep the back door closed until I... got up behind him. The Etherite she was with at the apartments is a greater concern; if he removed the bullet before healing her, or the hospital did and handed it to the police... well, best case scenario, the bullet is still there, healed over before the surgeons could get to it. They'd likely not be willing to risk the patient's life by opening a healing wound unless the bullet was resting against a major blood vessel or something. But the way things are going, I rather doubt that would be the case..."

"Well Mr Horton did say that the girl was healing at an alarming rate, that could mean the bullet is still inside of her or have been pushed out by her healing flesh, so we could be lucky, then again few things have gone right with this whole situation with the Nephandi so we should not assume we have been, I guess we will find that out when we have the little Nephandus girl in our custody."
Joakim said then he sigh.
"I am concerned about that Fallen Etherite though, he would know we would be trying to capture the girl and he know the Union might try as well, he is likely trying something unless he have become to addled by Paradox to do anything, and again, I doubt that we are going to be that lucky."
He said with a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Devon:

"I do not know...there is magick here, but then there often is this area of town tend to be a bit of a melting pot so I do not know if it is related to what is going on right now."
Darrian said as he glance at the liquid in his little bottle.
"It is worrying though."[/quote]

"umm perhaps a cursory investigation.. .so it doesn't get out of hand?"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:28 pm

"Yes...more problems was not what I wished for either Mr Roth Hicks." Joakim muttered and sigh. "But things are what they are and we have to deal with it. I agree though that it would be quite a problem if police where to get their hands on that bullet and trace it to Mr Wainwright not to mention if the Union was to do so, we need to get our hands on it first."

"That's right...you said that not long ago, too," he said sounding a little frustrated that he forgot something, no two things in the space of ten minutes. "Maybe I should have some of that coffee now."

"Yes we need to have a list of priorities and deal with them in order." The hedge wizard nodded. "What did you need need to confirm with me Mr Roth Hicks or is it something you would rather discuss in private?"

"I though that an escort, human but a ghoul, might be allowed to escort my contact's grandchilder might be allowed to so that he would not be harmed en route, only as far as the apartment. I'm not quite willing to trust this is not a trap, though she seems to be telling the truth, better to be safe than sorry. Also, someone who is willing to assist in staking the man properly, we shall need supplies for that...I have done it before and would again but it is harder than it looks," he admitted. "She wanted to personally go with him, or his sire but that I felt would be unwise for us; and we will need to make the apartment relatively safe for the turn-over. Then I'll just need to let Master Harris about porting something...then finally of course finalising our plan to get Carmon out of there."

"Her mentor according to Mr Wainwright died at the Post Office..."And that we plan on using for the vampire, we could just teleport her to a car parked somewhere off course but a small team in a car is much more at risk from a rescue attempt from this Fallen Etherite she was with then this Chantry is."

Adley rubbed a hand over his face and nodded. He was starting to forget things. Not good. "Right, Gabriel...you said there was someone else with her though...and it will be them or someone else that I would worry about. But I do not agree with that assessment. The minute she is in here, and we have not checked her, she could be invested or used as a link to get inside the chantry...they had Tian's blood. Let's say they have hers on file as well, or get it from the hospital or scene...use it to get a strong link and try to beat up the wards...not easy but even more straightforward, if I were expecting someone to come to get me out of the hospital like that, well...forgive me for thinking like a Flambeau but I would try to take as many of my enemies out with me as I could."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "It was a good concern nonetheless, even if it was misplaced by a slip of the mind. Thank you, Adley."
He frowned, "Using the girl as a wedge in the doorway... Yes, the Labyrinth would have her blood on file, making for an effective sympathetic link. The Etherite Fallen himself might be a diminished concern - though he's likely run home to report that a scar-faced Englishman Traditionalist was involved with the disaster at the post office - but Abigail likely has a more than a few Masters at hand able to do something really, really nasty through the girl if they track her here. Hm... I suppose I could temporarily ward a room against magical scrying - my scrambling rote does seem to cover pretty much everything not based on mundane vision; if I prepared that before someone teleports the girl in, that might hamper any tracking... or what do you two think? You have somewhat more experience than me with wards, I believe. Keeping in mind the girl's a capable counterspeller, we'd have to get her into magic-suppressing circumstances immediately; whether handcuffs or a warded cell..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Adley and Colin:

"That's right...you said that not long ago, too," he said sounding a little frustrated that he forgot something, no two things in the space of ten minutes. "Maybe I should have some of that coffee now."

Joakim smiled and poured the other Hermetic a cup of coffee.
"Ah well it have been a stressful week for you and your Chantry, and for all your powers my young Sodalis, you are just human, when a mind get to tired it slips."
He said with a bit of sympathetic look.

"I though that an escort, human but a ghoul, might be allowed to escort my contact's grandchilder might be allowed to so that he would not be harmed en route, only as far as the apartment. I'm not quite willing to trust this is not a trap, though she seems to be telling the truth, better to be safe than sorry.

"That is not a bad idea Mr Roth Hicks, we do not want this vampire to get himself into to much trouble on the way but at the same time we do not want to take the chance of a trap."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.

Also, someone who is willing to assist in staking the man properly, we shall need supplies for that...I have done it before and would again but it is harder than it looks," he admitted.

"Poor man..."
Joakim muttered then he nodded.
"I would speak with Mrs Knox if I where you, she is sort of the resident expert on vampires if you do not count Miss Jarden and asking her to assist you with this would be a bit insensitive I think. Mrs Knox should have the supplies you need as well."
He suggested.
"As for being harder than it looks, if you discount movies how easy did you think it was to get a stick through someone's ribcage?"
The old war mage said and raised an eyebrow.

"She wanted to personally go with him, or his sire but that I felt would be unwise for us; and we will need to make the apartment relatively safe for the turn-over.

"Yes it would be unwise to let your contact or her childe come along, I understand their wish to do so, do not get me wrong if something that painful where to be planned for one of my apprentices I would have wanted to be there, but it would not be safe and we do not need any more surprises. Now as for security I can send a couple of my men with you to help keep the apartment safe until you can send the Masassa to Boston."

Then I'll just need to let Master Harris about porting something...then finally of course finalising our plan to get Carmon out of there."

"Very well, what if I speak with Mr Wainwright about coming up with a plan to get that Nephandi out of the hospital and discuss what we are going to do about that bullet while you speak with Master Harris, and then we can meet up again and finalize the plan to get that Tremere Elder out...just to work as efficiently as possible."

But I do not agree with that assessment. The minute she is in here, and we have not checked her, she could be invested or used as a link to get inside the chantry...they had Tian's blood. Let's say they have hers on file as well, or get it from the hospital or scene...use it to get a strong link and try to beat up the wards...not easy but even more straightforward,

"Hum...you might be right, and our wards might not be the best since we do not have an Aegis...we need to bring the girl somewhere though, I guess teleporting her to a car and then checking her over and working on breaking her arcane connections might be a safer plan."
Joakim said and nodded.
"It might indeed."

if I were expecting someone to come to get me out of the hospital like that, well...forgive me for thinking like a Flambeau but I would try to take as many of my enemies out with me as I could."

The old hedge wizard gave an approving grin.
"Ah yes and a glorious death it would be, made more glorious with each of the enemies numbers you took with you...but you are raising an important point, just about every mage would rather die than...well...and it is possible that girl have set up some booby trap if anyone tried to get her magickally, I do think we have to still try though, the information she might have about her kind would be invaluable and it is often easier to get a child to agree to talk than an adult, if you allow me to be callous for one moment."

He frowned, "Using the girl as a wedge in the doorway... Yes, the Labyrinth would have her blood on file, making for an effective sympathetic link. The Etherite Fallen himself might be a diminished concern - though he's likely run home to report that a scar-faced Englishman Traditionalist was involved with the disaster at the post office - but Abigail likely has a more than a few Masters at hand able to do something really, really nasty through the girl if they track her here.

"Hum...very well, we will not take her directly to the Chantry then but rather take her somewhere else first, most likely a car...that will still put the teleporter and the team working him him at risk though."
The old linear mage said sounding concerned.
"You are right through, the Etherite are more likely to lick his wounds from Paradox and go home to rapport to his mistress that the British are attacking, however I am sure the damned woman will send someone else to be a thorn in our side about this young Nephandus."

Hm... I suppose I could temporarily ward a room against magical scrying - my scrambling rote does seem to cover pretty much everything not based on mundane vision; if I prepared that before someone teleports the girl in, that might hamper any tracking...

Joakim nodded.
"That might work...it could also work to do on a car if we use that as a place to extract the girl to before bringing her here and might make the extraction team just a little safer."
He said in agreement.

or what do you two think? You have somewhat more experience than me with wards, I believe.

"You are most kind Mr Wainwright, my expertise lies in setting up deals with Umbroods to guard an area though, but yes your idea could work."

Keeping in mind the girl's a capable counterspeller, we'd have to get her into magic-suppressing circumstances immediately; whether handcuffs or a warded cell..."

"Well those cuffs work instantly and someone who moves quickly should be able to apply them to the girl rather quickly...that that I relish the idea of putting a child in chains but then, I do not relish the idea of turning her over to Horizon either but it have to be done."
Joakim said and frowned.
"But yes her counter magick have to be kept in mind when we do this, it can prove to be problematic, how skilled would you say the girl is in that regard Mr Wainwright?"

Devon:

Darrian nods.
"It might be a good idea, we could stop the car and walk over there to have a look, just to see if there is anything we need to concern ourselves with."
He suggested as he put his little vial back into his pocket.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:32 pm

Colin frowned, then grimaced, "Supposedly, it takes some 670 pounds of pressure per square inch to pierce skin. Obviously, the smaller the surface, the less pressure is needed - the point of a steel blade would be a smaller surface than a wooden stake; wood is too likely to splinter if it gets that thin... And what with the ribs themselves, well... it would seem a crossbow would be the most expedient means of staking a vampire, if your aim is good enough... I'm just glad that thus far hasn't fallen on me - it's a grisly business."
He pondered for a moment, then fished out his notepad and sketched a small drawing of the girl, complete with her smug smile as she countered his magic, "I'm not sure how efficient I'll be at tracking the girl directly, but... does Morningstar have some ballistic gel lying around? If I discharge a bullet from the gun, it might be possible to track its recent sibling through it - see where it has wound up, perhaps, or even meddle with the ballistic markings..."
He grimaced, and in a voice dripping with bitterness commented, "Getting a child to talk is all too easy, so long as you keep giving her something to be curious about... keeping her from killing me by reminiscing about her past life, until she lowered her guard and I could kill her..."
He shook his head, and seemed to sober up a little, "Sorry, that's far from here, and twenty years in the future... Nevertheless true..."
He pondered, "I would suggest, then, to employ someone who can locate the girl and teleport her into a waiting car where we can be waiting with handcuffs, while I mask the vehicle's presence before we hightail it back to the Chantry... I don't need to know where we'd be going for that... though I would suggest a spacious car for the task. Preferably a van or truck, though I suppose Mirri has left by now..."
He grinned, "I still think you have more experience than me in most things magical, regardless of specialization, Sir."
He pondered, "How skilled is she? Difficult to say for certain... but I spoke no incantation, I just angled my hand around to set up a response to anything they might decide to throw at me... and she made a couple of quick hand seals and cancelled me out. So how much raw power does she have? Hard to say, but she's certainly got the talent and training to keep any other Mage busy as all hell trying to get anything done. In a one-on-one, she's an annoyance at most, I would wager, but she'll not fight one-on-one, she'll be running intercept for someone who's packing the offensive magic. If I were to guess at a rank for her, I'd hazard... Adept, probably. That degree of sensitivity and quick reaction suggests extensive dedicated training."

((OOC: Dex+Crafts roll to do a recognizable line drawing of the girl - 2,4,7,8,0,0; looks like Colin's doing quite acceptable rush work of it.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:36 am

Friday:
It's your choice, but you certainly should sleep, little one. He said, caressing her back.

Saturday:
OK, how else are we planning to move these guys, huh? he asked, rising a brow
Hey, you should go. I't will take time... a lot
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:04 am

Colin:

Colin frowned, then grimaced, "Supposedly, it takes some 670 pounds of pressure per square inch to pierce skin. Obviously, the smaller the surface, the less pressure is needed - the point of a steel blade would be a smaller surface than a wooden stake; wood is too likely to splinter if it gets that thin... And what with the ribs themselves, well... it would seem a crossbow would be the most expedient means of staking a vampire, if your aim is good enough... I'm just glad that thus far hasn't fallen on me - it's a grisly business."

Joakim nodded as he refilled his cup of coffee.
"Yes indeed, even with denser woods or even iron woods there is a limit to how thin you can make a stake and not have it splinter when you try to use it...as for a crossbow, the problem is hitting, you might end up having to make several attempts and you just do not want that and with modern crossbows there is also a chance that the bolt will just go right through, just wounding the vampire."

He pondered for a moment, then fished out his notepad and sketched a small drawing of the girl, complete with her smug smile as she countered his magic, "I'm not sure how efficient I'll be at tracking the girl directly, but... does Morningstar have some ballistic gel lying around? If I discharge a bullet from the gun, it might be possible to track its recent sibling through it - see where it has wound up, perhaps, or even meddle with the ballistic markings..."

You manage to draw a hasty but decent likeness of the young girl, at least enough that it would give the extraction team some idea about what she looked like.
"We do not have any such gel laying around, but I am sure one of the Etherites or anyone else studying Herbam...ehm...Matter can manufacture some for you, it is after all not the most complicated substance in the world and your idea seams sound Mr Wainwright."

He grimaced, and in a voice dripping with bitterness commented, "Getting a child to talk is all too easy, so long as you keep giving her something to be curious about... keeping her from killing me by reminiscing about her past life, until she lowered her guard and I could kill her..."
He shook his head, and seemed to sober up a little, "Sorry, that's far from here, and twenty years in the future... Nevertheless true..."

"That sounds...horrible Mr Wainwright I am sorry if I have touched on some bad memory, something from your visions then?"
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.
"I just meant that with this Nephandi girl we are more likely to get what we need out of her by showing her kindness or manipulating her and that physical intimidation is not likely to be needed or advised."

He pondered, "I would suggest, then, to employ someone who can locate the girl and teleport her into a waiting car where we can be waiting with handcuffs, while I mask the vehicle's presence before we hightail it back to the Chantry... I don't need to know where we'd be going for that... though I would suggest a spacious car for the task. Preferably a van or truck, though I suppose Mirri has left by now..."

"That do sound like a reasonable plan Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Simple and straightforward, which is usually the best...as for Miri, well she do live here at Morningstar and..."
He checked his watch.
"I do not think she have gone to be yet so chances are we can get a hold of her and ask her to borrow her van again, I can ask her."

He grinned, "I still think you have more experience than me in most things magical, regardless of specialization, Sir."

"Well...I do have a few hundred years on you young man."
The hedge wizard said with a bit of a smile.

He pondered, "How skilled is she? Difficult to say for certain... but I spoke no incantation, I just angled my hand around to set up a response to anything they might decide to throw at me... and she made a couple of quick hand seals and cancelled me out.

"Hum...good at sensing magick then, and agile...hand gestures you said? A Fallen Hermetic then or the student of one, though my Tradition are not the only one that use such sigils. In any case quick and agile, that is always a problem...hum..."

So how much raw power does she have? Hard to say, but she's certainly got the talent and training to keep any other Mage busy as all hell trying to get anything done. In a one-on-one, she's an annoyance at most, I would wager, but she'll not fight one-on-one, she'll be running intercept for someone who's packing the offensive magic.

"So if we get to her when she is alone, and mostly use physical means to restrain her we should not run into to much of a problem...hopefully."
Joakim said and scratched his head.
"My arrogant side want to say how much trouble can a wounded twelve year old girl be, but my reason know better but at least we have some indication about what we will be up against."

If I were to guess at a rank for her, I'd hazard... Adept, probably. That degree of sensitivity and quick reaction suggests extensive dedicated training."

"Yes she have obviously been well trained and from a very young age...which might pose a problem as she will not be someone that Abigail will want to loose, if for no other reason than her usefulness and the time and resources used on her training...Adept though at age twelve would be impressive, then again Dante made Master by the time he was seventeen so it do happen."
He muttered then sigh.
"It will be a shame to destroy such talent."

Tane:

Friday:

It's your choice, but you certainly should sleep, little one. He said, caressing her back.

Beatrice hesitated she made a small cough again then she finally nodded.
"O...ok...if you think it is best..."
She muttered though she was afraid of the nightmares she would have, even so she was surprisingly trusting even after all she had been through.

Saturday:

OK, how else are we planning to move these guys, huh? he asked, rising a brow

"LIke I said, calling in to Steelhaven for help."
Henrietta said.
"They can send a car for us and our ehm...friends here."

Hey, you should go. I't will take time... a lot

"Yeah...no, there is no way in hell I am leaving you alone in this place with Coawa hurt and a prisoner that might wake up at any moment Tane."
The hedge wizard said firmly.
"You will need someone to protect you."
She added and Coawa looked like he was about to protest.
"Not a word out of you...you are going to just sit there for now so you do not make your wounds worse."
Henrietta cut him off and the wereshark grinned.
"A stern woman...fit to bare strong offspring..."
He muttered, a couple of silver spears to his gut had not taken away his drive to find someone to spawn with it seamed. Herietta just sigh and winked at him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:59 am

Devon:

Darrian nods.
"It might be a good idea, we could stop the car and walk over there to have a look, just to see if there is anything we need to concern ourselves with."
He suggested as he put his little vial back into his pocket.[/quote]

"umm ok.. lets make no-one can be hurt or isn't in need of help... tho am limited that way " Devon says, in the meantime brings a smartphone and taps a few buttons on it {doing a prime /matter scan for disruptions in magic } 1 - 10 - 10 ) for the roll

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:32 am

"Ah well it have been a stressful week for you and your Chantry, and for all your powers my young Sodalis, you are just human, when a mind get to tired it slips.

He took the coffee and drank some of it down. "A lot has happened in a short period of time...there is more to come. No time to focus on being tired now."

Colin smiled thinly, "It was a good concern nonetheless, even if it was misplaced by a slip of the mind. Thank you, Adley."

He nodded a bit. "Well, if it's something we can get rid of that makes it much easier - but you will need another firearm."

Hm... I suppose I could temporarily ward a room against magical scrying - my scrambling rote does seem to cover pretty much everything not based on mundane vision; if I prepared that before someone teleports the girl in, that might hamper any tracking... or what do you two think? You have somewhat more experience than me with wards, I believe. Keeping in mind the girl's a capable counterspeller, we'd have to get her into magic-suppressing circumstances immediately; whether handcuffs or a warded cell..."

"I am most familiar with are prime-based perimeter alarms, rather than pure correspondence wards but I believe I can extrapolate a bit...I believe it would be fair to say your rote churns energies towards random vibrations, or the energies around it, making arcane connections harder to trace because they are easy to interpolate or directly observe. Sort of like trying to follow a string that has been knotted up and waded into a big ball or a needle in a haystack...but I'm not sure how long it would last until it was smoothed out again. Following the same analogy, the rest of the Tellurian itself would pull it into a new pattern that might be traceable in time or with skill. My guess is that it depends on how well you knot things up and how hard they look for her, and what it is they have to be able to do so."

"That is not a bad idea Mr Roth Hicks, we do not want this vampire to get himself into to much trouble on the way but at the same time we do not want to take the chance of a trap."

"Very well, I'll let her know that one person can go with them."

"I would speak with Mrs Knox if I where you, she is sort of the resident expert on vampires if you do not count Miss Jarden and asking her to assist you with this would be a bit insensitive I think. Mrs Knox should have the supplies you need as well." He suggested. "As for being harder than it looks, if you discount movies how easy did you think it was to get a stick through someone's ribcage?"

"No I would not wish to ask Miss Jarden to help, though Mrs Knox might be quite tired after everything that's happened. At any rate she will be able to get us some adequate equipment. As for how easy did I really think it was? Well, I never really considered any would voluntarily do it, for one thing."

And what with the ribs themselves, well... it would seem a crossbow would be the most expedient means of staking a vampire, if your aim is good enough... I'm just glad that thus far hasn't fallen on me - it's a grisly business."

"Angling...though with a bit of magick that could be overcome." He watched as Colin drew a likeness of the girl and frowned.

"Yes it would be unwise to let your contact or her childe come along, I understand their wish to do so, do not get me wrong if something that painful where to be planned for one of my apprentices I would have wanted to be there, but it would not be safe and we do not need any more surprises. Now as for security I can send a couple of my men with you to help keep the apartment safe until you can send the Masassa to Boston."

"Thank you. I would not wish to tax your defenses here too much, or for too long but I would appreciate some help."

"Very well, what if I speak with Mr Wainwright about coming up with a plan to get that Nephandi out of the hospital and discuss what we are going to do about that bullet while you speak with Master Harris, and then we can meet up again and finalize the plan to get that Tremere Elder out...just to work as efficiently as possible."

"Very well," he nodded, looking over at Colin. "Good luck."

"Ah yes and a glorious death it would be, made more glorious with each of the enemies numbers you took with you...but you are raising an important point, just about every mage would rather die than...well...and it is possible that girl have set up some booby trap if anyone tried to get her magickally, I do think we have to still try though, the information she might have about her kind would be invaluable and it is often easier to get a child to agree to talk than an adult, if you allow me to be callous for one moment."

"I was not necessary thinking the girl would do it to herself, though she might - but someone else just as easily could do it to her. Tian provided us with a lot of information," he added. "I understand we might wish to confirm it, or she knows something else, of course."

"Well those cuffs work instantly and someone who moves quickly should be able to apply them to the girl rather quickly...that that I relish the idea of putting a child in chains but then, I do not relish the idea of turning her over to Horizon either but it have to be done."
Joakim said and frowned. "But yes her counter magick have to be kept in mind when we do this, it can prove to be problematic, how skilled would you say the girl is in that regard Mr Wainwright?"

Another frown came over him, but he knew this Nephandi would have been party to the death of Colin, he could have died...and Colin's visions were no less troubling, as they seemed to indicate a future where things had gone very wrong. But there was more wrong with it, than that...he looked over at his friend.

"I just meant that with this Nephandi girl we are more likely to get what we need out of her by showing her kindness or manipulating her and that physical intimidation is not likely to be needed or advised."

He remembered Jack, then. Who was after Tian...and still might catch him. If he was out of the picture it would be one of them, probably. He sighed. "Has Tian's family been checked and given protections?"

"That seems best...I would be wary of interceptors along the way since they are likely to know your end destination and you've already had some spirits after you, maybe someone who has experience with that."

"My arrogant side want to say how much trouble can a wounded twelve year old girl be, but my reason know better but at least we have some indication about what we will be up against."

"What's that saying about the best swordsman not fearing the second best?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:59 am

Adley:

He took the coffee and drank some of it down. "A lot has happened in a short period of time...there is more to come. No time to focus on being tired now."

"Well yes sometimes we must forget our own fatigue to get things done."
Joakim agreed.
"Even so though, well no need to dwell on it, there are little time for rest and there is little to be done about it."
The old hedge wizard said and sigh.

He nodded a bit. "Well, if it's something we can get rid of that makes it much easier - but you will need another firearm."

"I can arrange for another firearm gentlemen, we do not have an armory here but we have some weapons, for when we need it, we are in a war after all."

"Very well, I'll let her know that one person can go with them."

Joakim just nodded at that.

"No I would not wish to ask Miss Jarden to help, though Mrs Knox might be quite tired after everything that's happened. At any rate she will be able to get us some adequate equipment. As for how easy did I really think it was? Well, I never really considered any would voluntarily do it, for one thing."

"I suspect Mrs Knox is rather tired yes and needs her rest, but she should be able to at least advice you and get you what you need. As for someone submitting to a stake willingly, well think of it this way, if your Chantry had an enemy Chantry nearby and you needed their protection or you would loose your life, I suspect you would be willing to wait it out in a shielded cell, not as gruesome off course but the same concept."
The old hedge wizard said as he glanced over at Adley.

"Angling...though with a bit of magick that could be overcome." He watched as Colin drew a likeness of the girl and frowned.

"Hum...with a bit of magick to make sure the bolt hit the mark and stayed there a crossbow might then be a quicker, more humane was to do it...I did not think about that..."
Joakim muttered then he nodded to himself.
"Perhaps you would want to speak with Rosario Dane, she is a pretty good shot with a crossbow, took out a Hit-Mark last year, hit the bastard in the eye."

"Thank you. I would not wish to tax your defenses here too much, or for too long but I would appreciate some help."

"I will not let it affect the defenses of the Chantry but I will find some men to send with you..."

"I was not necessary thinking the girl would do it to herself, though she might - but someone else just as easily could do it to her. Tian provided us with a lot of information," he added. "I understand we might wish to confirm it, or she knows something else, of course."

"True, someone can do it to her, in either case it would be bad news for us Sodalis."
Joakim frowned then he continued.
"Yes we have gotten a fair deal of information from Tian but confirming it would be ideal beside this girl is the apprentice of one of their Masters, she might know more than our little Verbena Barrabus."

He remembered Jack, then. Who was after Tian...and still might catch him. If he was out of the picture it would be one of them, probably. He sighed. "Has Tian's family been checked and given protections?"

"Yes, I have had Derrick check them over, he found no magickal traces on them other than the little girl's own magick, and their apartment have been warded."

"What's that saying about the best swordsman not fearing the second best?"

"Very true...very true..."
Joakim said and gave a bit of a grin.
"We are going to have to be careful with this."

Devon:

Darrian nods and give a interested glance at your phone as you work your rote. On the screen of the phone to get a map of the area with colors indicating how much disturbance to the natural flow of Ether there where, you see some yellow spots around where you and the two other mages where, after all two of you had been working magick, otherwise everything was green save over where the commotion was taking place where you also saw some small, yellow dots.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Colin nodded grimly as he handed Joakim the drawing, "Yes, a memory of things to come... She was a dear friend reborn... Will be... maybe. But yes, absolutely, kindness and compassion will likely get one further than force."
He shook his head, banishing the unpleasant memory for now, "Sorry, that was unbidden. Completely different context and everything. First things first; extract the girl from the hospital... Yes, skilled though she is, by her expression, physical violence was not even remotely close to the range of responses she expected. I might even go so far as to speculate that she's been outright coddled by Gabriel, as the only person in the world he treated nicely."
He nodded to Adley, "The string analogy might be imprecise... but it should be close enough for government work."
He pondered, "Adjan might be the best of our group, then, assuming this happens while you're busy working on the other extrication. But Morningstar might have someone just as able and available to keep an eye out in that... spectrum of things. I'll need a word with him soon enough, anyway, seeing as I've apparently doomed his gun to the slagheap. Rather a pity, since it's only the barrel that left its mundane mark on the bullet..."
He rummaged around in his pocket and produced the casing from the shot, "Come to think of it, I don't need ballistic gel or anything - the casing from the bullet I fired should be all the sympathetic tracking we need, don't you think?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Devon:

Darrian nods and give a interested glance at your phone as you work your rote. On the screen of the phone to get a map of the area with colors indicating how much disturbance to the natural flow of Ether there where, you see some yellow spots around where you and the two other mages where, after all two of you had been working magick, otherwise everything was green save over where the commotion was taking place where you also saw some small, yellow dots.[/quote]

Sighs" lets go check guys" devon says making to get out the car

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded grimly as he handed Joakim the drawing, "Yes, a memory of things to come... She was a dear friend reborn... Will be... maybe. But yes, absolutely, kindness and compassion will likely get one further than force."

"Hum...it is even worse then when the one that one loose in such a way is a friend."
Joakim said and nodded a look of compassion in his light brown eyes.
"Well hopefully such a grim event in the future can be avoided."
He said then he nodded.
"Often that is the case, I remember one Technocrat we captured, we eventually got him to talk by having polite conversations with him, feeding him Miri's food and playing chess with him, slowly changing his views, at least somewhat so...and the intel was accurate unlike what Mr Devereux who get people to talk much faster mind you, but where the information gathered are often incorrect."

He shook his head, banishing the unpleasant memory for now, "Sorry, that was unbidden. Completely different context and everything. First things first; extract the girl from the hospital... Yes, skilled though she is, by her expression, physical violence was not even remotely close to the range of responses she expected. I might even go so far as to speculate that she's been outright coddled by Gabriel, as the only person in the world he treated nicely."

"Oh not to worry, when you have lived as long as I you tend to have an understanding for bad memories Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said bitterly.
"I see, well Gabriel might have honestly cared for his apprentice, either that or he saw her potential and reckoned she would become a powerful pawn for him one day, in either case if she have been coddled by her teacher that makes our job a little easier."

He pondered, "Adjan might be the best of our group, then, assuming this happens while you're busy working on the other extrication. But Morningstar might have someone just as able and available to keep an eye out in that... spectrum of things. I'll need a word with him soon enough, anyway, seeing as I've apparently doomed his gun to the slagheap. Rather a pity, since it's only the barrel that left its mundane mark on the bullet..."

"Mr Terach he is an Adept is he not? Then he should be a powerful ally in this indeed."
Joakim said before he sigh.
"Well it is the mundane tracing we are the most worried about right now so it might be acceptable if you are willing to take the risk to just destroy the barrel and keep the rest, I guess Mr Terach should be the one who make that decision since it is his gun."

He rummaged around in his pocket and produced the casing from the shot, "Come to think of it, I don't need ballistic gel or anything - the casing from the bullet I fired should be all the sympathetic tracking we need, don't you think?"

"Yes indeed, as bullet and casing was once one thing, the arcane connection between the two is about as strong as it can be for an inanimate object, the only thing stronger would be a broken of piece of something or two items forged together."
Joakim explained.

Devon.

Lars nodded and drove to a parking lot outside of a Hobby Lobby right across the street from the commotion, the Etherite frowned at the store for a moment. Darrian spoke to Lars and made sure the other mage could see his lips move.
"Stay with the car in case we need a quick getaway Mr Bridge, I will leave my Familiar here to be your ears as Mr Miles and I go and check things out."
He said and again Lars nodded.

Darrian got out of the car then turned to you.
"Alright Mr Miles let us go and see what all the commotion is about."
He said and begun walking in that direction.
"Keep your wits about you and your eyes open."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was out playing eight games of MtG. Very Happy )

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Colin:

Devon.

Lars nodded and drove to a parking lot outside of a Hobby Lobby right across the street from the commotion, the Etherite frowned at the store for a moment. Darrian spoke to Lars and made sure the other mage could see his lips move.
"Stay with the car in case we need a quick getaway Mr Bridge, I will leave my Familiar here to be your ears as Mr Miles and I go and check things out."
He said and again Lars nodded.

Darrian got out of the car then turned to you.
"Alright Mr Miles let us go and see what all the commotion is about."
He said and begun walking in that direction.
"Keep your wits about you and your eyes open."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was out playing eight games of MtG. Very Happy )

Devon does indeed keeps my wits about me and eyes open. ( perception and awareness 9 - 10 - 2 - 9 - 2 - 3 )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Darrian nods as the two of you walk closer to the crowd, you hear people talk among themselves.
"Should we call an ambulance?"
"Is that man wearing some sort of cosplay?"
"He have to be and it is a good one...the make up is very well done..."
"What do you think happened to him?"
"Is anyone calling for help?"
The crowd murmured but like often when no one took charge no one seamed to do anything but watch and talk, you see someone in the middle of the crowd, a very tall, thin man with moonlight pale skin that sort of slumped against the wall of an old, wooden building, one hand with long, thin fingers where clutching at his side and his hear white fingers where stained with blood, more wounds could be seen in his neck, arms and chest, it looked like someone had gone at him with a large knife, there was surprisingly little blood though. The tall thin man was wearing black pressed pants, shiny, polished high heeled Victorian shoes, a white ruffled shirt now stained in blood and a black west under a long, gray gentleman's cloak, his hair was long and held at the name of his neck with a silver clasp and it was the same silver color as his skin seamed to be in the moonlight, the strangest thing about the man though where his ears was was noticeably pointy, not so much so that it was without the realm of possibility it could be natural, but it was still a startling feature making him look more or less like if he had just had a bad escape from a Tolkien book.
"Well ok then."
Darrian muttered.
"That was not what I was expecting to see."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Darrian nods as the two of you walk closer to the crowd, you hear people talk among themselves.
"Should we call an ambulance?"
"Is that man wearing some sort of cosplay?"
"He have to be and it is a good one...the make up is very well done..."
"What do you think happened to him?"
"Is anyone calling for help?"
The crowd murmured but like often when no one took charge no one seamed to do anything but watch and talk, you see someone in the middle of the crowd, a very tall, thin man with moonlight pale skin that sort of slumped against the wall of an old, wooden building, one hand with long, thin fingers where clutching at his side and his hear white fingers where stained with blood, more wounds could be seen in his neck, arms and chest, it looked like someone had gone at him with a large knife, there was surprisingly little blood though. The tall thin man was wearing black pressed pants, shiny, polished high heeled Victorian shoes, a white ruffled shirt now stained in blood and a black west under a long, gray gentleman's cloak, his hair was long and held at the name of his neck with a silver clasp and it was the same silver color as his skin seamed to be in the moonlight, the strangest thing about the man though where his ears was was noticeably pointy, not so much so that it was without the realm of possibility it could be natural, but it was still a startling feature making him look more or less like if he had just had a bad escape from a Tolkien book.
"Well ok then."
Darrian muttered.
"That was not what I was expecting to see."

"Oh gosh "says devon" we need to get the man some assistance, don't we?"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next