Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 18 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:46 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "She's the best - my family rather swears by her; I expect my Custos will come to see her, too..."

"I have been working with the good Doctor myself as well, to learn to talk with others...it is not easy, people are...so much difficult than their biology."
Dr Hadermann said with a sigh.
"But yes the Deaconess is a very skilled woman our Chantry is lucky to have her."

He nodded, "Whether or not she is conscious enough to know I am there is irrelevant; it is a great source of comfort to her to know that I will be there - and I'll not betray that reassurance without extremely good reasons. I'm not a surgeon, but I can look at fine enough details to separate two individual cells with a fine enough scalpel point. The problem would be knowing the first things about which cells should be separated, obviously."

Dr Hadermann considered for a moment, and you could see the gears in his head working then finally he nodded.
"That makes sense, to be able to trust someone will do what they say even when you are not able to see them, and perhaps the part of Miss Adlebloom's brain you call an Avatar will be able to sense you are there...hum well your ability to work on details would be useful but I think we are covered."
He said still clearly mushing over what you had said trying to make sense of it.

He nodded and extended his hand for the appropriate shakes, "Dr. Tellviari, Dr. Patel, I see we've managed to secure some of the finest hands in the trade, then. And I do quite well, given the circumstances."

Dr Tellivar just nodded he was a man of few words, Dr Patel smiled and nodded.
"We will do our best, Dr Hadermann was adamant he want us to do all we can to make sure Miss Adlebloom pull through, and we will."
He said with a nod.
"She will be fine Mr Wainwright, we will make sure of it."

He arched an eyebrow at Heasha as he greeted the ladies in turn, "Lady Morninglade... Perhaps we should have a quick word in private afterward? I've... seen that look before."

Heasha still looked at you with a look of recognition.
"Yes we probably should Mr Wainwright."
She said, her apprentice looked at her teacher.
"Do you know him Mentor?"
She asked and the archmage nodded.
"I think so...but it is not to be discussed here Willow keep your mind on the task."
The other Verbena nodded but she looked rather curious.

He smiled wryly, "A little rough for a while, but a grand recovery, as I remember the future... Did Anna say something more to you? Or rather, did she say anything you could share with me?"

Dino leaned against the wall.
"She did say a few things yes, some of them I can share with you, but some of it will have to be discussed in private. What I can say here is that she told me to not let Freddy try to cheat. Anna...ehm...future Anna said that Freddy survive and while weak she could be taken to Steelhaven to rest in the infirmary until travel to Horizon was opened up again so she could be taken to the Sons of Ether clinic to recover there. However Freddy underplayed how much pain she was in, so Anna would not be scared by seeing her hooked up to IVs, and this caused a problem during the night as there was quite a bit of pain, that needed managing. Future Anna said she always felt bad about that, and for you to make sure Freddy get the pain relief she need regardless of how nervous current Anna would feel seeing it when she come visiting. Make sure Freddy think of her own needs first."
The werewolf said.
"Ah this time travel thing makes my head hurt...the rest can not be shared in public."

He nodded, "A large part of the problem is that she shows contempt for Mystics, and for seniority. Especially for the seniority of Mystics. I've... made some recommendations for remedial education."

"I will defer to your judgement in this. Scientist Bouchard have always been competent around me, she is efficient and do not engage in unnecessary talk, I like that. Hopefully your remedial actions will work. I would like to see more Adventures get promoted."
Dr Hadermann said with a nod.

(OOC: It was a Christmas luncheon, it was fun. And yes I thought a rushed bad post was better than no post at all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 18 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:46 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"I have been working with the good Doctor myself as well, to learn to talk with others...it is not easy, people are...so much difficult than their biology."
Dr Hadermann said with a sigh.
"But yes the Deaconess is a very skilled woman our Chantry is lucky to have her."
Colin smiled wryly, "I believe aptitude is an important element there. I'm sure Dr. Boudavich would be quite as out of her depth in a surgeon's role, or trying to build a medical scanner."

Anja wrote:Dr Hadermann considered for a moment, and you could see the gears in his head working then finally he nodded.
"That makes sense, to be able to trust someone will do what they say even when you are not able to see them, and perhaps the part of Miss Adlebloom's brain you call an Avatar will be able to sense you are there...hum well your ability to work on details would be useful but I think we are covered."
He said still clearly mushing over what you had said trying to make sense of it.
He nodded, then pondered for a moment, "Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if my Avatar did not decide to have a heart to heart with hers while she's not, er, otherwise occupied. Take her literal mind off things, as it were."

Anja wrote:Dr Tellivar just nodded he was a man of few words, Dr Patel smiled and nodded.
"We will do our best, Dr Hadermann was adamant he want us to do all we can to make sure Miss Adlebloom pull through, and we will."
He said with a nod.
"She will be fine Mr Wainwright, we will make sure of it."
He smiled wryly, "I should certainly hope so, because a few otherwise stable temporal loops depend on it, and I've kicked enough timelines into shape this week..."

Anja wrote:Heasha still looked at you with a look of recognition.
"Yes we probably should Mr Wainwright."
She said, her apprentice looked at her teacher.
"Do you know him Mentor?"
She asked and the archmage nodded.
"I think so...but it is not to be discussed here Willow keep your mind on the task."
The other Verbena nodded but she looked rather curious.
He gave Heasha a careful, appraising look, then nodded to Willow, "In another life, perhaps... in another time. I find that Avatars tend to interact across reincarnations more than previously anticipated... Some more closely than others. But yes, this is neither time nor place for this."

Anja wrote:Dino leaned against the wall.
"She did say a few things yes, some of them I can share with you, but some of it will have to be discussed in private. What I can say here is that she told me to not let Freddy try to cheat. Anna...ehm...future Anna said that Freddy survive and while weak she could be taken to Steelhaven to rest in the infirmary until travel to Horizon was opened up again so she could be taken to the Sons of Ether clinic to recover there. However Freddy underplayed how much pain she was in, so Anna would not be scared by seeing her hooked up to IVs, and this caused a problem during the night as there was quite a bit of pain, that needed managing. Future Anna said she always felt bad about that, and for you to make sure Freddy get the pain relief she need regardless of how nervous current Anna would feel seeing it when she come visiting. Make sure Freddy think of her own needs first."
The werewolf said.
"Ah this time travel thing makes my head hurt...the rest can not be shared in public."
He frowned and nodded, "That... does sound like Freddy, alright. Best make sure she has a catheter installed for that when she leaves here, then; Anna can... tolerate the presence of an IV tube, so long as the needle is not there. Thank you."

Anja wrote:"I will defer to your judgement in this. Scientist Bouchard have always been competent around me, she is efficient and do not engage in unnecessary talk, I like that. Hopefully your remedial actions will work. I would like to see more Adventures get promoted."
He nodded, "Her competence is not the issue; her ability to not insult a Mystic senior into a duel or criminal charges is. I would have been more comfortable if it were merely her competence that was the problem... And I would like to see her promoted, as well, but I cannot in good conscience advocate for that at this point."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:09 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled wryly, "I believe aptitude is an important element there. I'm sure Dr. Boudavich would be quite as out of her depth in a surgeon's role, or trying to build a medical scanner."

"This is quite true Mr Wainwright, but Dr Boudavich is quite good at what she do...that reminds me how is that young apprentice of hers? A boy with his head constantly in the clouds though always kind, he moved to Steelhaven did he not? I hope he is doing well."
Dr Hadermann asked.

He nodded, then pondered for a moment, "Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if my Avatar did not decide to have a heart to heart with hers while she's not, er, otherwise occupied. Take her literal mind off things, as it were."

"Some geniuses are chatty I hear, it must be quite bothersome..."
The Etherite mushed.

He smiled wryly, "I should certainly hope so, because a few otherwise stable temporal loops depend on it, and I've kicked enough timelines into shape this week..."

The two doctors gave you rather confused looks. Dr Tellivar raised an eyebrow.
"Excuse me I am afraid I do not quite follow Mr Wainwright."
The man's voice was very even and emotionless as he spoke.

He gave Heasha a careful, appraising look, then nodded to Willow, "In another life, perhaps... in another time. I find that Avatars tend to interact across reincarnations more than previously anticipated... Some more closely than others. But yes, this is neither time nor place for this."

This made Willow even more confused and she looked at her Mentor who nodded.
"What he says is correct, Avatars often walk their lives in clusters, though the relationships between their hosts are seldom the same, they end up being in one another's lives regardless, and I do indeed think I know Mr Wainwright from another life."
The archmage commented. Willow looked like she had more questions but she refrained from asking.

He frowned and nodded, "That... does sound like Freddy, alright. Best make sure she has a catheter installed for that when she leaves here, then; Anna can... tolerate the presence of an IV tube, so long as the needle is not there. Thank you."

"Two lines will be needed for the surgery, one to make sure Miss Adlebloom stays under and one to carry blood and fluids if such is needed, we can just leave one of them in when we are done."
Elisabeth Miller Potts said.
"It is better to have one extra line prepared for an emergency than to try to get one in if the emergency happens."
She continued and Dino nodded.
"Once this is all over and we have a moment I will tell you the rest that future Anna said, I will leave talking Freddy into getting what she needs even if it might upset your daughter to you though, Freddy knows what she wants."
The werewolf said with a wry smile.

He nodded, "Her competence is not the issue; her ability to not insult a Mystic senior into a duel or criminal charges is. I would have been more comfortable if it were merely her competence that was the problem... And I would like to see her promoted, as well, but I cannot in good conscience advocate for that at this point."

"I understand...her politics are drastic I hear."
"I will take your advice on this Mr Wainwright, evaluating a person is not my strong point."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:00 pm

[Seattle U- dorm, games/study room]

"I will be fine I don't have that much stuff here so I can pack my bag, let the one responsible for the dorm know I am leaving and hop on a bus, but thanks for offering."
The young Verbena said with a sigh. "The Top Hats anShe said then she looked at the rest of you and sigh.
"Good luck I guess."
She muttered before she left the game room.d Mirror Shades are not going to act before they notice their guy is missing after all.

"I am sorry for the trouble, but this is necessary...unfortunately."

She said then she looked at the rest of you and sigh.
"Good luck I guess."
She muttered before she left the game room.
Cita looked at the rest of you.
"Ok now we move towards our target, I will see what I can do about his ward though he might notice it being broken, at least with it out of the way we don't have to worry about any nasty surprises."

He gave a nod to her and her spirit friend and then turned his attention back to Cita and the others. "So far I note that someone is awake and still is in that room. I assume we're going to try to...discuss the matter first? Is there another way for him to try to escape, if it's down? Do we know what kind of ward it is, if there's some kind of trap affixed? " He followed the group, as before.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:17 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"This is quite true Mr Wainwright, but Dr Boudavich is quite good at what she do...that reminds me how is that young apprentice of hers? A boy with his head constantly in the clouds though always kind, he moved to Steelhaven did he not? I hope he is doing well."
Dr Hadermann asked.
Colin smiled wryly, "Aside from a few minor issues, such as not knowing to agree to payment for tutoring, and a Banshee stalking him, quite splendidly."
He paused for a moment, "I suppose I ought to make sure Dr. Boudavich has been informed of that latter detail, though."

Anja wrote:"Some geniuses are chatty I hear, it must be quite bothersome..."
The Etherite mushed.
He just smiled enigmatically.

Anja wrote:The two doctors gave you rather confused looks. Dr Tellivar raised an eyebrow.
"Excuse me I am afraid I do not quite follow Mr Wainwright."
The man's voice was very even and emotionless as he spoke.
He shook his head, "I'm the one who should apologize; Chronomancy that would, and in fact has, made Cultists twitch."

Anja wrote:This made Willow even more confused and she looked at her Mentor who nodded.
"What he says is correct, Avatars often walk their lives in clusters, though the relationships between their hosts are seldom the same, they end up being in one another's lives regardless, and I do indeed think I know Mr Wainwright from another life."
The archmage commented. Willow looked like she had more questions but she refrained from asking.
He smiled thinly, "I would like to extend an invitation, then, to Steelhaven after this, to meet a few others. But, the proper order of things."

Anja wrote:"Two lines will be needed for the surgery, one to make sure Miss Adlebloom stays under and one to carry blood and fluids if such is needed, we can just leave one of them in when we are done."
Elisabeth Miller Potts said.
"It is better to have one extra line prepared for an emergency than to try to get one in if the emergency happens."
She continued and Dino nodded.
"Once this is all over and we have a moment I will tell you the rest that future Anna said, I will leave talking Freddy into getting what she needs even if it might upset your daughter to you though, Freddy knows what she wants."
The werewolf said with a wry smile.
He sighed, scratching his head, "I've convinced a Nephanda to talk without torture, made the Handler of a Great Polyp defect to help us with a book and a block of margarine, and avoided indignifying myself in front of an Aswadim, but convincing Freddy is going to be a tall order, even for me..."

Anja wrote:"I understand...her politics are drastic I hear."
"I will take your advice on this Mr Wainwright, evaluating a person is not my strong point."
He shrugged, "Drastic, but that would not be a problem if she would plan for the long term. Hopefully, she'll have an epiphany soon, and perhaps recognize the issues for herself..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:53 pm

[Seattle U- dorm, games/study room]

"I am sorry for the trouble, but this is necessary...unfortunately."

"So you say man...whatever it is you want that Technocrat for though it seams like it is above my paygrade so I am just butting out."
The young Verbena said with a frown.
"I am not yet initiated I am just an apprentice I want no trouble."

He gave a nod to her and her spirit friend and then turned his attention back to Cita and the others. "So far I note that someone is awake and still is in that room. I assume we're going to try to...discuss the matter first? Is there another way for him to try to escape, if it's down? Do we know what kind of ward it is, if there's some kind of trap affixed? " He followed the group, as before.

Sally gave a slight bow before she left, Ametrine gave a twirling happy sound as she looked at you then she followed her mage friend as the Verbena went to pack her belongings and get out of dodge. Cita nodded to your question.
"It would be best if this Void Engineer where to surrender of his own free will, after all we are in a place full of sleepers and I would not want to risk magickal combat here if I do not have to and also I do not want to harm the boy, so yes we talk to him first. As for his escape opportunities well mundanely it is out the window or down the stairs and out the window would be rather dangerous as we are on the third floor. However he is a Voidie so he might be able to enter the Umbra, he is not supposed to do that without machinery or a ship but it is not unusual for his Convention to do things they are not supposed to."
The spirit healer said as your group made it up the stairs, at one point you had to dodge a very drunk girl with one shoe who was asking everyone if they had her other pump, and a group of jovial boys who was inviting everyone to a party with the promise of snacks, it turned out they did not have one shoe girl's other pump either though she still suspected Adley might have it before she wandered off to ask someone else.

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled wryly, "Aside from a few minor issues, such as not knowing to agree to payment for tutoring, and a Banshee stalking him, quite splendidly."
He paused for a moment, "I suppose I ought to make sure Dr. Boudavich has been informed of that latter detail, though."

"Banshee...banshee...I have never encountered one of those I assume they are fay?"
Dr Hadermann said then he nodded.
"Yes Dr Boudavich should be told if something is after her student, as for discussing the price of tuition before training start, that is necessary or things can be very ugly, very ugly indeed, the Sons of Ether have gotten many test subjects that way."
He said with a dry, humorless chuckle.

He shook his head, "I'm the one who should apologize; Chronomancy that would, and in fact has, made Cultists twitch."

This made Elisabeth who was indeed a Cultist grin. The two doctors looked at one another again.
"I see...is that a fact Mr Wainwright?"
Dr Tellivar said flatly.

He smiled thinly, "I would like to extend an invitation, then, to Steelhaven after this, to meet a few others. But, the proper order of things."

"I will accept the invitation."
The archmaga said simply.

He sighed, scratching his head, "I've convinced a Nephanda to talk without torture, made the Handler of a Great Polyp defect to help us with a book and a block of margarine, and avoided indignifying myself in front of an Aswadim, but convincing Freddy is going to be a tall order, even for me..."

"You have your task cut out for your."
Dino said with a wry smile.
"And it will indeed not be an easy one you might have to use all your charm for this one my good man."

He shrugged, "Drastic, but that would not be a problem if she would plan for the long term. Hopefully, she'll have an epiphany soon, and perhaps recognize the issues for herself..."

"Hum...I do not know much about sleeper politics but sounds like Scientist Bouchard need to learn to express herself in a more tactical way, like I learned when I joined the Traditions and was told it was not polite to tell older magi I would very much like to experiment on their familiars...how odd...I could have vastly improved on that ferret to."
Dr Hadermann said with a deep sigh at the injustice of the world.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Banshee...banshee...I have never encountered one of those I assume they are fay?"
Dr Hadermann said then he nodded.
"Yes Dr Boudavich should be told if something is after her student, as for discussing the price of tuition before training start, that is necessary or things can be very ugly, very ugly indeed, the Sons of Ether have gotten many test subjects that way."
He said with a dry, humorless chuckle.
Colin chuckled wryly, "He is fortunate that the roughly two-and-a-half thousand years old Archmaga who taught him decided to be... instructive instead. And yes, the Banshee is a fay being... or rather, a fay ghost, it seems."

Anja wrote:This made Elisabeth who was indeed a Cultist grin. The two doctors looked at one another again.
"I see...is that a fact Mr Wainwright?"
Dr Tellivar said flatly.
He smiled wryly, "I had Old Man Wrinkle visit me for a chat and a cup of tea, not two months ago... but I digress; Miss Adlebloom is rather important to the continued existence of the past, present and the future, which is the point I should have made a little more bluntly."

Anja wrote:"You have your task cut out for your."
Dino said with a wry smile.
"And it will indeed not be an easy one you might have to use all your charm for this one my good man."
He grinned, "Fortunately, I'm an excellent cook, and I'm good with desserts. I can at least bribe her, or threaten to withhold treats."

Anja wrote:"Hum...I do not know much about sleeper politics but sounds like Scientist Bouchard need to learn to express herself in a more tactical way, like I learned when I joined the Traditions and was told it was not polite to tell older magi I would very much like to experiment on their familiars...how odd...I could have vastly improved on that ferret to."
Dr Hadermann said with a deep sigh at the injustice of the world.
He bit back his initial response and nodded sagely, "I'm sure you might have had reservations if a younger Mage approached you, wishing to experiment with your personal machinery to improve on it, too. But yes."

((OOC: Hadermann didn't invest any dots at all in Charisma or Manipulation, did he? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:40 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin chuckled wryly, "He is fortunate that the roughly two-and-a-half thousand years old Archmaga who taught him decided to be... instructive instead. And yes, the Banshee is a fay being... or rather, a fay ghost, it seems."

"Very fortunate indeed, I hope the young man take such instruction to heart, he could have ended up her servant for years to come, or be sent to retrieve Tass for her from a Bygone's lair or some other equally unpleasant thing."
Dr Hadermann replied and he nodded sagely.

He smiled wryly, "I had Old Man Wrinkle visit me for a chat and a cup of tea, not two months ago... but I digress; Miss Adlebloom is rather important to the continued existence of the past, present and the future, which is the point I should have made a little more bluntly."

"Old Man Wrinkle. I have thankfully never had the pleasure of encountering him, what you did must have seriously upset time Mr Wainwright."
Elisabeth said sounding quite impressed.
"Well regardless we will do our best to make sure Miss Adlebloom survive as unharmed as possible, we can do nothing further no matter how important or not she is for the timeline."
Dr Patel said and the other surgeon nodded at that but said nothing.

He grinned, "Fortunately, I'm an excellent cook, and I'm good with desserts. I can at least bribe her, or threaten to withhold treats."

"I specialize in treating children as you know Colin, I can attest to the power of bribery."
Dino said sounding a little amused.
"But you know that you will never be able to withhold treats from Freddy when she is weak and recovering and she know so as well."
He added with a chuckle.

He bit back his initial response and nodded sagely, "I'm sure you might have had reservations if a younger Mage approached you, wishing to experiment with your personal machinery to improve on it, too. But yes."

"Ah...yes when you put it that way Mr Wainwright I do see your point..."
Dr Hadermann said and this new revelation was clearly one that had never come to mind before.
"Anyway are we ready to scrub up and get started then? This illness is not going to end itself...well it could if every potential host is dead or to far apart to continue infection, but that would be quite tragic so let us end it before that."
He commented.

(OOC: None at all. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:52 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:You could reach the drawing when you stood on a chair and you got your drawing done. It did not show up well here though as the walls was untreated, dark stone, but it was there.

When he was done he took a deep breath in and began to meditate. Began to dream. Felt the energy from the ward flow into him as his creation began to form within his mind. The floors of the chantry appeared in his mind like a 3d model. The point where he had drawn a picture illuminated in his mind, and the glowing nodes began to connect themselves.

Serge's Mind Map:

He had chosen 7 characters on purpose. As seven was a number attributed to powerful magick and luck. However the true beauty of the working could only be seen when viewed from one of the cardinal directions.

True View:

When viewed from those angles, Serge's drawings formed the Algiz Rune. An Elder Futhark Rune that represented protection. It was designed so that no matter in what direction a person looked, the Algiz rune would still be present, standing strong to protect against attacks from all direction. A protection rune that was created by characters that represented emotions, illusions, and trickery. This wasn't a shield that just protected. This was shield that protected using trickery and deceit. Calling upon the powers of some of the greatest illusionists in fiction to help power the barrier. Characters so ingrained into the minds of humanity that their stories have been made real and now Serge accessed them to create his barrier.

Releasing the breath he had held in for some time, Serge breathed life into the barrier, letting his imagination fuse with the pictures he had drawn and form the barrier he desired.

(OOC: Thank you Anja! Let me know if you guys have trouble seeing the images. I sorta made them in a hurry. Also thanks for the maps warp/Strife. They were quite helpful.)

(OOC2: Mind 3 + Entropy 2 + Corr 3 effect to create the ward discussed with Master Morgan and Adley. This ward will be the outermost ward and hopefully the first that any wardbreakers see. The summary of the ward is that it will sense for any connections being made to the barrier [Correspondence] and using those connections sense the minds/emotions of the connector [Mind] and figure out their intentions. If the one who is trying to manipulate the ward desires to break it, the magick of the ward will cause the ward breaker to see an illusion of all wards being broken and the chantry being defenseless [Mind + Entropy]. This effect is the same Serge used to trick Kyles thermal vision into seeing a warm-blooded Master Morgan, by causing him to see what he expected to see with his magick vision. This way, all the wards protecting the chantry are still intact while the wardbreaker believes they are gone and will report as such.

Another aspect of the ward is that it will also magickally manipulate the wardbreaker's mind, making them wholeheartedly believe that they have actually broken all wards protecting the chantry and pushing away any doubts they might have. Lastly, the ward will give Serge a mental alert when someone does try to connect with the ward in this fashion [Mind].

Arete Roll (-4 diff): 2, 2, 6, 7 - 5, 5, 2, 4 - 1, 4, 8, 6 - 4, 4, 7, 6 - 2, 3, 6, 5 - 5, 7, 2, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:42 pm

[Ward Making]

You felt the characters you call on coming to life, some magi who choose to work with fictional characters said that popular character in pop culture became spirits, became entities of their own due to the presence they hand in the mind of those who enjoyed their stories, some claimed this is how the Gods game to be, and the pop culture characters where the new Gods. You felt tremendous power flow through you as you meditated, filling your mind and soul with pleasure, with purpose, you felt those characters alive heeding your call, you felt the power of the rune you where invoking, you felt the Node and all of this became you. Like a water color painting what was Serge and what was the Ward you was creating smudged, you became your working as your mind exploded into that of the trickster, the cunning empath, the wise fool and you knew the Chantry would be protected.

Finally when your meditation was over you felt dizzy and at the same elevated and hyped up. As you open your eyes you saw the seven characters you had worked with in the room with you, as clear as if it had been Adley or Nicole or Colin who had stood there. Loki gave you a mischievous smile, and offered a slender hand down to you to help you up.
"We are with you."
He said in a voice that always sounded like velvet and yet contained a smirk, and then slowly the seven faded from view and you where again alone in the ritual chamber.

(OOC: Beautifully done spell. Ok for mechanics, the diff would normally be 6 but with 4 minus it is 2 meaning you get 22 successes. In M20 you can not store up that many but even so that is one well crafted ward. As a bonus due to the forces Serge have been working with so closely I will give you one minus diff on all rolls involving Charisma and Manipulation until the next downtime. Very well done.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:02 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Very fortunate indeed, I hope the young man take such instruction to heart, he could have ended up her servant for years to come, or be sent to retrieve Tass for her from a Bygone's lair or some other equally unpleasant thing."
Dr Hadermann replied and he nodded sagely.
Colin replied dryly, "Well, I'm sure his great-grandmentor would have a great many words for me if I let that happen."

Anja wrote:"Old Man Wrinkle. I have thankfully never had the pleasure of encountering him, what you did must have seriously upset time Mr Wainwright."
Elisabeth said sounding quite impressed.
"Well regardless we will do our best to make sure Miss Adlebloom survive as unharmed as possible, we can do nothing further no matter how important or not she is for the timeline."
Dr Patel said and the other surgeon nodded at that but said nothing.
He nodded, "Suffice to say, he and I came to a compromise, of sorts... if not, I might not have been standing here now."

Anja wrote:"I specialize in treating children as you know Colin, I can attest to the power of bribery."
Dino said sounding a little amused.
"But you know that you will never be able to withhold treats from Freddy when she is weak and recovering and she know so as well."
He added with a chuckle.
He sighed, "That is the sad truth... Don't let my ladies know that I know, though, alright?"

Anja wrote:"Ah...yes when you put it that way Mr Wainwright I do see your point..."
Dr Hadermann said and this new revelation was clearly one that had never come to mind before.
"Anyway are we ready to scrub up and get started then? This illness is not going to end itself...well it could if every potential host is dead or to far apart to continue infection, but that would be quite tragic so let us end it before that."
He commented.
He nodded, "I believe we are, yes. Miss Adlebloom won't be put under before I'm back by her side, but I do believe I can scrub up between the time she's sedated and the procedure starts."

((OOC: O'yes, that is a lovely spell. Very nicely and descriptively done.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:36 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin replied dryly, "Well, I'm sure his great-grandmentor would have a great many words for me if I let that happen."

"Yes I imagine that she would."
Dr Hadermann replied dryly.

He nodded, "Suffice to say, he and I came to a compromise, of sorts... if not, I might not have been standing here now."

"You would not, but I hear the Old Man can be reasoned with, he is one of the few Paradox spirits who will let you explain yourself and offer up ways to correct the mess you have made."
Elisabeth agreed.

He sighed, "That is the sad truth... Don't let my ladies know that I know, though, alright?"

Dino chuckle again.
"Your secret is safe with me."
He said sounding amused.

He nodded, "I believe we are, yes. Miss Adlebloom won't be put under before I'm back by her side, but I do believe I can scrub up between the time she's sedated and the procedure starts."

"Yes after she is sedated we will need to shave her head, place the IV lines, and screw her cranium into a halo so there will be some time before the procedure itself start."
The old Etherite said simply.
"I believe it should be possible to just cut the scalp away hair and all and then just heal it back into place afterwards, women are sensitive about their hair after all Sir."
Willow said and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"If it...is a matter you think Miss Adlebloom will care about I guess that will be an acceptable solution as well."
He said with a slight shrug.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:51 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"You would not, but I hear the Old Man can be reasoned with, he is one of the few Paradox spirits who will let you explain yourself and offer up ways to correct the mess you have made."
Elisabeth agreed.
Colin grinned, "And he's quite fond of white peach blossom tea and a certain kind of mint candies, for which my Deacon Primus just gave me the recipe. I'm unfortunately quite sure that will come in handy, sooner or later..."

Anja wrote:"Yes after she is sedated we will need to shave her head, place the IV lines, and screw her cranium into a halo so there will be some time before the procedure itself start."
The old Etherite said simply.
"I believe it should be possible to just cut the scalp away hair and all and then just heal it back into place afterwards, women are sensitive about their hair after all Sir."
Willow said and Dr Hadermann nodded.
"If it...is a matter you think Miss Adlebloom will care about I guess that will be an acceptable solution as well."
He said with a slight shrug.
He nodded thoughtfully, "She's... quite attached to her green hair. I believe it will help her heal faster - psychologically - if her hair looks undisturbed. Also, it'll make my daughter less distraught over it all; an extra bonus."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:34 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:You felt the characters you call on coming to life, some magi who choose to work with fictional characters said that popular character in pop culture became spirits, became entities of their own due to the presence they hand in the mind of those who enjoyed their stories, some claimed this is how the Gods game to be, and the pop culture characters where the new Gods. You felt tremendous power flow through you as you meditated, filling your mind and soul with pleasure, with purpose, you felt those characters alive heeding your call, you felt the power of the rune you where invoking, you felt the Node and all of this became you. Like a water color painting what was Serge and what was the Ward you was creating smudged, you became your working as your mind exploded into that of the trickster, the cunning empath, the wise fool and you knew the Chantry would be protected.

Finally when your meditation was over you felt dizzy and at the same elevated and hyped up. As you open your eyes you saw the seven characters you had worked with in the room with you, as clear as if it had been Adley or Nicole or Colin who had stood there. Loki gave you a mischievous smile, and offered a slender hand down to you to help you up.
"We are with you."
He said in a voice that always sounded like velvet and yet contained a smirk, and then slowly the seven faded from view and you where again alone in the ritual chamber.

When Serge opened his eyes he couldn't help but let out a child-like sequel at seeing the characters he cherished all around him. He quickly composed himself, but was still gleefully cheering on the inside. He reached his hand out to Loki and lifted himself up saying, "Thank you. I trust you'll keep our enemies busy and our friends safe."

He watched as they faded away, feeling an incredibly sadness that contrasted the feeling of joy he had from seeing them. He wanted to talk and play and have adventures with them just like any other imaginary friends. But he knew they had a job to do and he let them carry on with it.

When they were gone Serge stood still for a moment, grasping at his head to keep his dizzying new thoughts stable. He felt a new found energy within, similar in nature but far grander than he created the mental shield for Helena. Utilizing this new found energy, he quickly pulled out his phone and began to tap on it, sending a few messages to a few people.

The first was to Master Morgan saying, "I have completed the task you assigned to me. I understand you are busy but I would like to quickly explain it to you. Let me know when you are available."

The second was to Dr. Lee saying, "Wards up. How're the patients doing?"

(OOC: Thanks guys! I was really lucky it fit together so well. I was worried I was gonna have to ask if I could vandalize someones room Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 am

[Ward Making]

When Serge opened his eyes he couldn't help but let out a child-like sequel at seeing the characters he cherished all around him. He quickly composed himself, but was still gleefully cheering on the inside. He reached his hand out to Loki and lifted himself up saying, "Thank you. I trust you'll keep our enemies busy and our friends safe."

"Leave it to us."
Loki said, you could feel the warmth of his hand, the shape of it and the rough clothing of his half glove sleeve as he helped you up.

He watched as they faded away, feeling an incredibly sadness that contrasted the feeling of joy he had from seeing them. He wanted to talk and play and have adventures with them just like any other imaginary friends. But he knew they had a job to do and he let them carry on with it.

When they were gone Serge stood still for a moment, grasping at his head to keep his dizzying new thoughts stable. He felt a new found energy within, similar in nature but far grander than he created the mental shield for Helena. Utilizing this new found energy, he quickly pulled out his phone and began to tap on it, sending a few messages to a few people.

The first was to Master Morgan saying, "I have completed the task you assigned to me. I understand you are busy but I would like to quickly explain it to you. Let me know when you are available."

The second was to Dr. Lee saying, "Wards up. How're the patients doing?"

You got a reply from Master Morgan which said.

"To Mr Yager
Very well you can come to my office I have a few moments before I hear from the first teams sent out.
Be Well
JM"

You got a reply from Richard which said.

"They are both sleeping again and seam to be fine, your spell do not seam to affect Kira."

[Westchapel]

Colin grinned, "And he's quite fond of white peach blossom tea and a certain kind of mint candies, for which my Deacon Primus just gave me the recipe. I'm unfortunately quite sure that will come in handy, sooner or later..."

"You will attempt to bribe Old Man Wrinkle then?"
Elisabeth said sounding amused.
"Good luck with that Mr Wainwright though it is better to avoid his attentions altogether."

He nodded thoughtfully, "She's... quite attached to her green hair. I believe it will help her heal faster - psychologically - if her hair looks undisturbed. Also, it'll make my daughter less distraught over it all; an extra bonus."

"Just removing the scalp completely and keeping it alive until we are done and then replacing it should not be to hard."
Willow said and her Mentor nodded.
"Let us do that then and there will be less obvious signs of the operation having taken place."
Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Very well, if you return to the living room then Mr Wainwright and we will get ready here, my student can take you there if you wish."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:36 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:You got a reply from Master Morgan which said.

"To Mr Yager
Very well you can come to my office I have a few moments before I hear from the first teams sent out.
Be Well
JM"

You got a reply from Richard which said.

"They are both sleeping again and seam to be fine, your spell do not seam to affect Kira."

Serge read the messages and then pocketed his phone. He grabbed the common room chair he had brought along with him and exited the basement, returning the chair to it's rightful place before heading to the Security Chief's Office.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:07 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"You will attempt to bribe Old Man Wrinkle then?"
Elisabeth said sounding amused.
"Good luck with that Mr Wainwright though it is better to avoid his attentions altogether."
Colin shrugged, "Call it 'improving his mood before negotiations'. Seems more accurate and less... exploitive."

Anja wrote:"Just removing the scalp completely and keeping it alive until we are done and then replacing it should not be to hard."
Willow said and her Mentor nodded.
"Let us do that then and there will be less obvious signs of the operation having taken place."
Dr Hadermann nodded.
"Very well, if you return to the living room then Mr Wainwright and we will get ready here, my student can take you there if you wish."
He nodded, "Very well. Ladies, gentlemen, I'll see you shortly."
He bowed politely, and left the room, heading back to the apartment.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:02 am

[Ward Making]

Serge read the messages and then pocketed his phone. He grabbed the common room chair he had brought along with him and exited the basement, returning the chair to it's rightful place before heading to the Security Chief's Office.

You got the chair replaced in the common room, there was still a good number of magi there waiting to move out and Flavian still looked like a storm cloud, if he was an anime character there would be little mini tornado over his head, but the others seamed to have calmed down as they waited for orders. You heard the red haired Verbena woman comment to Flavian.
"Adeptus did you notice the ward that just went up?"
The Tytalus turned to her and nodded.
"Yes certainly it is most excellently crafted, it was probably done by a Hermetic."
He commented back.

You got to Jeffry's office- The old Hermetic went to the door when you knocked. his ever present mug of coffee in his hand.
"Mr Yager you wanted to see me? Please come in we have a few minutes."
He said and then moved so you could get into his office.

[Westchapel]

Colin shrugged, "Call it 'improving his mood before negotiations'. Seems more accurate and less... exploitive."

"That is true. I to would prepare the snacks someone I was negotiating with enjoy to sweeten the mood."
Elisabeth said with a slight smile.
"Well I hope that if you do run into Old Man Wrinkle again Mr Wainwright that it will go well."

He nodded, "Very well. Ladies, gentlemen, I'll see you shortly."
He bowed politely, and left the room, heading back to the apartment.

You bowed to the gathered healers and left Dr Hadermann's office and then Alicia took you to the living room again. Freddy stood by Mathilda's cage observing the little creature weave a web.
"She is getting ready to molt, she is making a molting mat Miss Adlebloom."
Alicia explained as you got into the room. Ange sat in a chair waiting, the Cultist gave you a polite nod. Freddy turned from the spider and came over to you.
"How did it go, do you think the ones that will be doing this are competent?"
She asked nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 am

[Garage]

Anja's Post:

'And you carry the cell as a wolf... how? Handy pocket in the fur?'

Anja's Post:

'Don't think I want any of them to happen. At least not to me.'

Anja's Post:

'Only if you agree to go dressed in one of them Colonial costumes and take out Glenn Beck with a musket.'

Anja's Post:

'See why not. Everyone, keep an eye out for tails. There's a map in the glove-box; direct me.'

[Hedge Wizards need to talk to Nicole... they'll like her.]

[Doesn't the 'plan shift' of the chantry now mean there's space on the roof of the attic?]

[I like the fact that Colin et al assume that a bit of education will suddenly make Nicole fit in... *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:14 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"That is true. I to would prepare the snacks someone I was negotiating with enjoy to sweeten the mood."
Elisabeth said with a slight smile.
"Well I hope that if you do run into Old Man Wrinkle again Mr Wainwright that it will go well."
Colin sighed, "When, not if, according to him... and likely on numerous occasions. Comes with the territory of saving the world over and over again, I guess..."

Anja wrote:You bowed to the gathered healers and left Dr Hadermann's office and then Alicia took you to the living room again. Freddy stood by Mathilda's cage observing the little creature weave a web.
"She is getting ready to molt, she is making a molting mat Miss Adlebloom."
Alicia explained as you got into the room. Ange sat in a chair waiting, the Cultist gave you a polite nod. Freddy turned from the spider and came over to you.
"How did it go, do you think the ones that will be doing this are competent?"
She asked nervously.
He smiled, "Not only are they competent, but it seems I've found another member of the old gang... we'll have to address that later, though. It does seem we have the best on Earth for this one, in any case, and they'll even keep your hair safe, as best they can."
He turned to Ange, "Ah, by the way, in case your prodigal apprentice has neglected to mention it yet, there's a Banshee stalking him. She's been turned away once, and we're warding the Chantry and giving him some iron for personal defense, but until we've dealt with the unfortunate soul, he's probably going to be largely confined to the Chantry for his own safety."

((OOC: It's not that we think a bit of education will make Nicole "fit in", so much as hoping some specific fields of remedial training will help her consider the consequences of whose toes she might tread on... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:00 pm

[Garage]

And you carry the cell as a wolf... how? Handy pocket in the fur?'

"You have seen Miss Day turn into a bear yes? Well the young lady is not naked when she change back is she? Where is her clothes while she is a bear? I suspect the werewolves keep their things in the same spot."
Darrian said.
"Probably the same place that Oprimus Prime keeps his trailer when he is a robot."
Fran joked which made the three older magi look somewhat confused.
"Excuse me?"
Antonio said which made Fran chuckle a bit.
"Oh nothing Adeptus, sorry it is just from a cartoon shown in the 80's."
She explained.

'Don't think I want any of them to happen. At least not to me.'

"But the rest of us is okey meet such fates?"
Fran joked.
"Let us try to avoid that."
Antonio commented.

'Only if you agree to go dressed in one of them Colonial costumes and take out Glenn Beck with a musket.'

"Well I am not adverse to frills.
Fran said and indeed she was wearing a knee length black skirt with layers of frilly petticoats, and a high necked top with white frills at the neck and sleeves, heavy Dock Martin boots, and a huge black hair bow complete with more frills and her teddy bear backpack.
"And that man is one who might just deserve the Good Death, but do I have to use a musket?"
She added with a chuckle.

'See why not. Everyone, keep an eye out for tails. There's a map in the glove-box; direct me.'

"Do you want me to use Colin's scrambler rote on the car before we go it would make it harder to track us."
Fran asked as Darrian took the map out and replied.
"I will play navigator then."

[Westchapel]

Colin sighed, "When, not if, according to him... and likely on numerous occasions. Comes with the territory of saving the world over and over again, I guess..."

"Hum...well Paradox is part of our lives and so are Paradox spirits unfortunately."
Elisabeth commented.

He smiled, "Not only are they competent, but it seems I've found another member of the old gang... we'll have to address that later, though. It does seem we have the best on Earth for this one, in any case, and they'll even keep your hair safe, as best they can."

"Really they can avoid cutting my hair of? That is a nice bonus, it saves us having to explain things to Anna as well."
Freddy said with a weak smile.
"So they are good at what they do? You think I will survive then?"
She asked sounding a bit more hopeful.

He turned to Ange, "Ah, by the way, in case your prodigal apprentice has neglected to mention it yet, there's a Banshee stalking him. She's been turned away once, and we're warding the Chantry and giving him some iron for personal defense, but until we've dealt with the unfortunate soul, he's probably going to be largely confined to the Chantry for his own safety."

Ange suddenly got a concerned look in her eyes and she frowned.
"No my apprentice have not told me...this is a problem and knowing my boy he is going to want to save this poor creature and not just get rid of her...Mr Wainwright, if Miss Adlebloom is well enough to travel when this is all said and done would you mind if I ride with you to Steelhaven, if you don't think your Deacons will mind me visiting that is, I...want to make sure my apprentice is safe."
She requested then she took a deep breath.
"But for now let us focus on the matter at hand I assume Serge is safe for now?"
Ange asked.

(OOC: The roof have added a bit of confusion as I said I originally envisioned the Chantry as having 5 planes, basement, first floor, second floor, third floor, attic and then the roof that Bianca when she was a player character made into a garden. Warp have commented that we have used far less attic than the other floors and so put the attic garden on the same plane, though I originally saw the Chantry as more of a rectangular box.)

(OOC 2: They would like Nicole. Hum...Nicole gets Branded for leading a hedge wizard revolt, shows Brand to everyone as a mark of pride, Quesitors go face palming.)

(OOC 3: Watch it or Nicole will be sent to a finishing school for proper young ladies. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:07 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Hum...well Paradox is part of our lives and so are Paradox spirits unfortunately."
Elisabeth commented.
Colin nodded, "All things considered, as Paradox spirits go, he's the least unpleasant one, or so I hear tell."

Anja wrote:"Really they can avoid cutting my hair of? That is a nice bonus, it saves us having to explain things to Anna as well."
Freddy said with a weak smile.
"So they are good at what they do? You think I will survive then?"
She asked sounding a bit more hopeful.
Colin smiled, "You'll be fine. This time around, though, just don't try to be brave and downplay your discomfort. Accept the intravenous analgesics, and don't try to shelter Anna from the sight. You'll only add to your recovery time that way. We're leaving a catheter in your arm for that purpose, and you're not pulling it out, on pain of withheld desserts."

Anja wrote:Ange suddenly got a concerned look in her eyes and she frowned.
"No my apprentice have not told me...this is a problem and knowing my boy he is going to want to save this poor creature and not just get rid of her...Mr Wainwright, if Miss Adlebloom is well enough to travel when this is all said and done would you mind if I ride with you to Steelhaven, if you don't think your Deacons will mind me visiting that is, I...want to make sure my apprentice is safe."
She requested then she took a deep breath.
"But for now let us focus on the matter at hand I assume Serge is safe for now?"
Ange asked.
Colin nodded, "I believe that should be fine, yes. Though Lady Morninglade might also want to come along at the same time; it might get a little cramped. We'll work something out. Besides, I should like to introduce you to my newly-acquired Custos, Shawn. He's... going to need your professional help; he's not been treated well. And Serge is as safe as I can trust my Chantry to keep him, between new wards, the Guardian, and a whole lot of people who have grown quite fond of him. And a recently-discovered legacy that really should make you proud - though I'll leave that one for him to tell."

((OOC: It's not entirely unreasonable to assume the attic started out as a small maintenance/storage hut on the rooftop, subsequently expanded around over the decades with the chapel, apartments, and now the infirmary...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:52 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "All things considered, as Paradox spirits go, he's the least unpleasant one, or so I hear tell."

"Perhaps the least unpleasant Mr Wainwright but definitively not the least dangerous, there is a reason why Old Man Wrinkle is feared."
Elisabeth warned with a frown.

Colin smiled, "You'll be fine. This time around, though, just don't try to be brave and downplay your discomfort. Accept the intravenous analgesics, and don't try to shelter Anna from the sight. You'll only add to your recovery time that way. We're leaving a catheter in your arm for that purpose, and you're not pulling it out, on pain of withheld desserts."

"Witheld desserts that is a grave threat indeed."
Freddy said with a mock serious face then she sigh.
"But I don't want to scare Anna and she will be upset if she see such a cateter."
She protested.
"I strongly recommend you listen to Mr Wainwright here Miss Adlebloom, even if you are healed perfectly, the freshly healed flesh will be sore giving you one dozy of a headache, and pain increase blood pressure and keep you from resting, and both of those are pretty bad if you are recovering from a head injury."
Ange said sternly and Freddy sigh.
"Very well, but I do not want to alarm Anna."
She protested.
"The girl is so sensitive."

Colin nodded, "I believe that should be fine, yes. Though Lady Morninglade might also want to come along at the same time; it might get a little cramped. We'll work something out. Besides, I should like to introduce you to my newly-acquired Custos, Shawn. He's... going to need your professional help; he's not been treated well. And Serge is as safe as I can trust my Chantry to keep him, between new wards, the Guardian, and a whole lot of people who have grown quite fond of him. And a recently-discovered legacy that really should make you proud - though I'll leave that one for him to tell."

"A new custos you say? I will certainly be more than willing to have a talk with him."
Ange said.
"Hum...I should arrange for other transportation then we would not want to make it to crowded for Freddy, she will likely be sensitive to getting to many impressions at once for a while."
She said with a nod.
"A new legacy? My Serge? Well now you got my curious Mr Wainwright, I am already quite proud of him off course, and if you are sure that he is well protected it is probably better I come calling tomorrow then before you leave for Horizon given that travel is opened up again before then."
The Cultist said though she was clearly concerned.

(OOC: I guess that is possible the building have been added to through the years.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:06 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps the least unpleasant Mr Wainwright but definitively not the least dangerous, there is a reason why Old Man Wrinkle is feared."
Elisabeth warned with a frown.
Colin nodded, "True, but I by far prefer an angry god who will give you a chance to mend your mistakes in some way to, say, an angry god who doesn't bother with niceties and instead just starts cutting knowledge out of your mind... I do not take him lightly, by any means, but all things considered, if I am to go out by Paradox, I would prefer his hand to, well, less agreeable ones. All else being equal, of course, I'd rather manage to avoid creating more Paradoxes, and avoid upsetting him."

Anja wrote:"Witheld desserts that is a grave threat indeed."
Freddy said with a mock serious face then she sigh.
"But I don't want to scare Anna and she will be upset if she see such a cateter."
She protested.
"I strongly recommend you listen to Mr Wainwright here Miss Adlebloom, even if you are healed perfectly, the freshly healed flesh will be sore giving you one dozy of a headache, and pain increase blood pressure and keep you from resting, and both of those are pretty bad if you are recovering from a head injury."
Ange said sternly and Freddy sigh.
"Very well, but I do not want to alarm Anna."
She protested.
"The girl is so sensitive."
He nodded, "Anna is sensitive, but she can handle a tube in your arm, so long as there is no needle. She's... more tolerant of IV tubing, since there doesn't have to be a needle in sight, but she'll be more scared if you come back from Horizon with a worse bill of health than you had when you left..."

Anja wrote:"A new custos you say? I will certainly be more than willing to have a talk with him."
Ange said.
"Hum...I should arrange for other transportation then we would not want to make it to crowded for Freddy, she will likely be sensitive to getting to many impressions at once for a while."
She said with a nod.
"A new legacy? My Serge? Well now you got my curious Mr Wainwright, I am already quite proud of him off course, and if you are sure that he is well protected it is probably better I come calling tomorrow then before you leave for Horizon given that travel is opened up again before then."
The Cultist said though she was clearly concerned.
He nodded, "Very well. I expect I might be waiting here for a bit after the operation, in any case; I'll need a word with a few people in private, too, before leaving... And the boy's a vampire, a thin-blooded one, about as harmless as Serge, who's spent too many years being tortured for sport and to provoke visions. He's going to need a lot of help, so I'll introduce you, and make it clear that you'll be here if he wants to talk, alright? Nothing's to be forced on him for a long time..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "True, but I by far prefer an angry god who will give you a chance to mend your mistakes in some way to, say, an angry god who doesn't bother with niceties and instead just starts cutting knowledge out of your mind... I do not take him lightly, by any means, but all things considered, if I am to go out by Paradox, I would prefer his hand to, well, less agreeable ones. All else being equal, of course, I'd rather manage to avoid creating more Paradoxes, and avoid upsetting him."

"I have to agree with that, I would rather deal with someone terrifyingly powerful but who can be reasoned with than someone less powerful that will just strike you down where you stand. I would prefer to avoid such spirits all together though."
Elisabeth replied with a slight shudder.

He nodded, "Anna is sensitive, but she can handle a tube in your arm, so long as there is no needle. She's... more tolerant of IV tubing, since there doesn't have to be a needle in sight, but she'll be more scared if you come back from Horizon with a worse bill of health than you had when you left..."

"If you are sure it will not upset her, I can take some discomfort if it means she will not be scared."
Freddy said. Ange sigh.
"My guess is that she will be concerned for you but once she realize there are no needle there and that the tube don't hurt you I believe she will calm down."
The Cultist replied.
"It is a planned next step in her theory to make her used to such tubing, if she eventually will accept them that will allow us to do several needed procedures that for now will be to traumatic for her. Her doctors have wanted to place a pacemaker for example, which will make life safer for her, though I guess given the current situation it is good that procedure was not already performed."
She continued. Freddy still looked rather unconvinced though.

He nodded, "Very well. I expect I might be waiting here for a bit after the operation, in any case; I'll need a word with a few people in private, too, before leaving...

"Well the good Doctor is likely to want to keep Freddy here for a while to be sure all is well and that she is strong enough to travel before he will allow her to return to Steelhaven anyway."
Ange said with a nod.

He nodded, "Very well. I expect I might be waiting here for a bit after the operation, in any case; I'll need a word with a few people in private, too, before leaving... And the boy's a vampire, a thin-blooded one, about as harmless as Serge, who's spent too many years being tortured for sport and to provoke visions. He's going to need a lot of help, so I'll introduce you, and make it clear that you'll be here if he wants to talk, alright? Nothing's to be forced on him for a long time..."

"I see, you have taken on quite a task then Mr Wainwright, someone who have been hurt that badly will take a long time to heal, and likely there will always be wounds from his trauma in his mind, I will do what I can, and I agree this will require a very gentle touch, but be aware you have a long term project ahead of you and there might be many sleepless nights ahead in your future."
Serge's Mentor said softly, she did not seam concerned at all that Shawn was a vampire.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next