Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 28 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:04 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Are you not afraid of getting sick when you do stuff like that Sir and collapsing and having to go to the hospital where they poke people with needles?"
Anna asked her eyes wide. Yu Die nodded a grave look on her face.
"Yeah that would not be good Sir."
The Akashic chimed in.

"Not really." Serge said with a shrug. "Although I've been pulling all-nighters and non-eaters like that since high schools. So I guess my bodies used to it. Energy drinks and adderall help out a lot too."

Anja wrote:"Not right now, I finished my Yuna from Final Fantasy one, I took forth place in a contest with it. But now I have been busy making Christmas gifts."
Yu Die replied with a smile.

"Right...Christmas presents. I should probably get on that myself. Serge said with a nervous chuckle.

Anja wrote:You got to the top of the stairs but then both girls stopped, Yu Die hesitating the most the young Akashic did not want to go into the infirmary. Anna gave her friend a concerned look.
"I will go and cast the spell then then return you wait out here and keep watch."
The young Orphan said and the Akashic gave a grateful nod. Anna looked at you.
"Sir...before I go in can you go and see if there is anything scary in there?"
The Orphan seamed rather nervous and noen of them wanted to guess at your character right now.

"Of course." Serge said sympathetically upon seeing the fear in the girls eyes. "Don't worry, I'll make there's nothing frightening in there. I'll also set everything up so it doesn't take too long all right."

After saying that Serge entered the infirmary, glancing around to see if there was anything that would trigger Anna's phobia.

(OOC: Hell yeah Serge would think an orange ray gun is cool! Razz . Also thanks for the xp Anja!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 28 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:11 am

[Ward Making]

"Not really." Serge said with a shrug. "Although I've been pulling all-nighters and non-eaters like that since high schools. So I guess my bodies used to it. Energy drinks and adderall help out a lot too."

"You have allot of stamina Sir."
Yu Die said approvingly.
"What is adderall Sir?"
Yu Die asked.

"Right...Christmas presents. I should probably get on that myself. Serge said with a nervous chuckle.

"You can draw pictures for people Mr Yager that would be nice gifts."
Yu Die suggested.

"Of course." Serge said sympathetically upon seeing the fear in the girls eyes. "Don't worry, I'll make there's nothing frightening in there. I'll also set everything up so it doesn't take too long all right."

After saying that Serge entered the infirmary, glancing around to see if there was anything that would trigger Anna's phobia.

"Thank you Sir and sorry for the bother."
Anna said with a grateful smile.

You got into the infirmary. Kira and Beatrice was still sleeping. Richard was gently washing sweat from Kira's brow with a wet cloth. There was nothing that would scare Anna out in plain sight, earlier Bee had been hooked up to an IV to give her some nourishment as she had eaten so little lately, but that seamed to have been removed now. Richard smiled to you.
"Back so soon Serge?"
He whispered.

[Seattle]

Of course you are told some horror stories, so that you stay on 'track' and don't think of sympathizing with us. I've lived some horror stories, as have many of us."

"Well I guess it is the Union who are the aggressor trying to hunt down and kill other willworkers, not the Traditions, but the Void Engineers are not a part of the Pogrom, we do not take part in it. Also it is not like the Traditions are innocent angels either."
Thomas replied.

"So I have heard."

"They live in other dimensions and they are entities so inter dimensional entities get it?"
The Void Engineer asked clearly thinking the term very clever.

He raised his eyebrows as he produced what looked like a TV show ray gun out of his bag. The first thing that went through is mind was that wasn't going to be let through into the chantry in the man's reach, and second that Serge would probably find it 'really cool,' and it looked like the sort of thing he'd expect from an Etherite not a Technocrat. "Remind me to check your belongings in, before we leave for our destination," he said, as if he were an airline attendant, a slight wry tone in his voice. "Please don't point it at us, and as for vampires, shooting them in the head with bullets seems to work to put them down temporarily, I'm not sure about ray guns...though I do wish to avoid unnecessary conflict."

"I thought I was a guest and not a prisoner."
Thomas asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"And I am not pointing it at any of you and no I will not be the one to shoot first..."

He took in the scene rather quickly, in defensive mode already even before the vampires turned at them and bared their fangs. Wonderful, it seemed they were stupid enough to want to fight even though they were severely outnumbered. Perhaps they thought they were just regular people...

If the vampires thought you where regular people, at least one of them quickly got the idea that you where not...very quickly, with a growl he lounged at you with inhuman speed, only to run right into your kinetic shield, also at inhuman speed, the shield shook a little but held and the man was knocked back onto his but, he grasped at his wrist and cried out, clearly he had hurt himself as he dashed at you.

The second vampire drew a gun and shot at Cita, the bullet vanished from right in front of her face and hit the wall where it lodged itself. Thomas fired his strange ray gon and yes it did say pew pew as a red beam shot from it and hit the vampire with the gun in the shoulder, the creature cried out and backed of a few steps but he did not seam to be badly injured.

(OOC: The two vampires and Thomas went before Adley but now he can react and do something.)

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled thinly, "As a technicality, I did not create sunlight, merely borrowed some from China at the time... but there are certain limitations to how I could do that, even if I will not divulge those at this time. You can reassure his highness that I have neither the will, the desire, nor the necessary tracking resources to bring the sun to his premises, nor do I have any reason to seek such a combination of means. There would be no benefit to me, nor to the good people of Boston, to pursue such a course of action."

"I see, some sort of portal then. Well I am sure that will make my employer most relieved Mr Wainwright."
The secretary said flatly.
"We shall have to make sure we stay out of your resources range to attack in such a manner."

He nodded, "Of course, Sir - and I'll send you a text as soon as she comes to, as well. I presume this is a mobile you're calling from?"

"Thank you and yes this is my phone...well one of my phones that I am calling from."
Master Oreone confirmed.

[quote]He grinned, "And it's hardly as though I could not take care of her. She might put me in the more or less literal doghouse from time to time over the coming decades, but to paraphrase a Disney show from the nineties, I could stop protecting her no more than I could stop breathing the air... Well, without the intervention of an experimentation-happy Verbena or somesuch, of course..."
[/quote

Kayden gave a chuckle at that.
"I am glad Freddy have found someone to love, she deserve something good in her life she have been through allot over the years."
He added softly.
"Hopefully the two of you will be good for one another."

(OOC: Darrian might indeed like an distillery, Ryan will so drink Tass booze. Also there are bars on Horizon that sell Tass booze and yes edible Tass will make mages drunk if they have to much of it.)
(OOC 2: That would be a humbling experience for poor Flavian.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:58 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"I see, some sort of portal then. Well I am sure that will make my employer most relieved Mr Wainwright."
The secretary said flatly.
"We shall have to make sure we stay out of your resources range to attack in such a manner."
Colin shrugged, "The resources are the smallest impairment in any case - my lack of motivation for such an act is his highness' best defense; I am still convinced ensuring his safety remains one of the best ways to maintain the city's safety, after all."

Anja wrote:"Thank you and yes this is my phone...well one of my phones that I am calling from."
Master Oreone confirmed.
He smiled, "Well, I assumed it was yours; what I asked was whether it was mobile - landline phones without texting capability still exist - I even have one in my shop."

Anja wrote:Kayden gave a chuckle at that.
"I am glad Freddy have found someone to love, she deserve something good in her life she have been through allot over the years."
He added softly.
"Hopefully the two of you will be good for one another."
He smiled at Freddy, "Oh, I've had a few peeks ahead at the coming decades... I quite believe we will. And the chat with her in a somewhat more distant future certainly reinforced the idea."

((OOC: Yeah, "Oh, I was extorted to betray my Chantry, and that bloody Orphan caught me red-handed, beat me, arrested me, saved my daughter from the Nephandi and a vampire, and found me a lawyer to get my ass out of the fire I'd sat down in..." I imagine Ulv has some very... mixed feelings about Colin, all in all. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:13 am

[Westchapel]

Colin shrugged, "The resources are the smallest impairment in any case - my lack of motivation for such an act is his highness' best defense; I am still convinced ensuring his safety remains one of the best ways to maintain the city's safety, after all."

Even if you claim to be able to murder my employer whenever you so feel inclined Mr Wainwright he will not be intimidated by you nor is he a tool for your kind."
The secretary replied sternly.

He smiled, "Well, I assumed it was yours; what I asked was whether it was mobile - landline phones without texting capability still exist - I even have one in my shop."

"Ah yes...I guess they do still exist, well this is a cell phone Mr Wainwright."
Kayden said clearly thinking traditional landlines was rather pre historic.

He smiled at Freddy, "Oh, I've had a few peeks ahead at the coming decades... I quite believe we will. And the chat with her in a somewhat more distant future certainly reinforced the idea."

"You have future visions then Mr Wainwright, that is a useful skill, you you have seen Freddy in the future, that is a good indication that she will survive this ordeal then. That is good news."
Kayden said sounding pleased.

(OOC: Yeah Ulv have rather mixed feelings about Colin.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:28 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:Even if you claim to be able to murder my employer whenever you so feel inclined Mr Wainwright he will not be intimidated by you nor is he a tool for your kind."
The secretary replied sternly.
Colin shook his head, "That is not what I intended to imply. Just that it is in my best interests to align myself to his cause, not the other way around."

Anja wrote:"You have future visions then Mr Wainwright, that is a useful skill, you you have seen Freddy in the future, that is a good indication that she will survive this ordeal then. That is good news."
Kayden said sounding pleased.
He smiled, "She's a tough girl, alright. I'm quite looking forward to our future together..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:49 am

[Westchapel]

Colin shook his head, "That is not what I intended to imply. Just that it is in my best interests to align myself to his cause, not the other way around."

"I see, well my employer do welcome powerful allies."
The secretary said though she sounded a little doubtful.

He smiled, "She's a tough girl, alright. I'm quite looking forward to our future together..."

"She is tough...she was Marie's pride and joy."
Kayden said with a note of sadness in his voice as he spoke of Freddy's Mentor.
"Well I should not keep you Mr Wainwright, unless there was something further?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:21 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"She is tough...she was Marie's pride and joy."
Kayden said with a note of sadness in his voice as he spoke of Freddy's Mentor.
"Well I should not keep you Mr Wainwright, unless there was something further?"
Colin nodded, "No, I believe there's little more to be said for now - but I will let her know you called, and send you word as soon as she's up. Be well."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:01 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "No, I believe there's little more to be said for now - but I will let her know you called, and send you word as soon as she's up. Be well."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright you be well to."
The Master Adept said before ending the call. There was a slight knock on the door and a beautiful middle aged woman entered. She looked Japanese, she was wearing a plum colored knitted sweater and a long gray skirt, her hair was very long and kept in a braided bun at the nape of her neck, gray lines was woven in with the black. The woman's eyes was an unusual color, light brown almost yellow and she gave you a bow as she entered.
"Excuse me Mr Wainwright right? I heard you where waiting here watching over Miss Adlebloom and I was wondering if I could interest you in a book from the library while waiting."
The woman's voice was soft and pleasant.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply New Years Eve stuff.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:08 pm

[Seattle U- dorm]

"Well I guess it is the Union who are the aggressor trying to hunt down and kill other willworkers, not the Traditions, but the Void Engineers are not a part of the Pogrom, we do not take part in it. Also it is not like the Traditions are innocent angels either."
Thomas replied.

"I never said we were, but some of us do know some..." he quipped.

[Seattle]

"They live in other dimensions and they are entities so inter dimensional entities get it?"
The Void Engineer asked clearly thinking the term very clever.

"I have also heard the term planar used."

"I thought I was a guest and not a prisoner."
Thomas asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"You are; we don't allow non-faction guests in armed either, unless they're custos and you can't be one of those. Now, let's hurry....and don't look the vampires directly in the eye..." He figured shoot them in the head and don't look them in the eye were about as much advice as he had time to give at the moment.

if the vampires thought you where regular people, at least one of them quickly got the idea that you where not...very quickly, with a growl he lounged at you with inhuman speed, only to run right into your kinetic shield, also at inhuman speed, the shield shook a little but held and the man was knocked back onto his but, he grasped at his wrist and cried out, clearly he had hurt himself as he dashed at you.

He took a stabilizing step back as the vampire rushed him and slammed into him like a bird hitting his car windshield; he hadn't expected to be bum rushed like that but now the vampire was prone in front of him. He glared down at the vampire while taking a step to provide cover to the others, annoyed. he knew vampires were much stronger than humans and didn't need to breathe, so there was that consideration.
He made a series of two gestures and words, muto and earth to stick him to the ground, as he'd been using for gravity influencing spells, which was not strictly how original hermetic belief ascribed it but made more sense to him in the current world paradigm. It was slightly less reality-disturbing than an invisible hand grapple and a bit easier to cast on the fly. Hopefully it would hold him long enough to question him after dealing with his partner but he wasn't stupid enough to consider him altogether out of the fight entirely (he'd nearly been killed once from that sort of reasoning already and some lessons stick). "Stay down, don't move."

// Bacchanals for all - and in that vein, Happy New Year soon (NYE for me here)
ooc2: F2: 6, 4, 7 - I think that should work

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:40 pm

[Park]

Anja's Post:

'No, I do understand. That "feeling insulted" is like completely subjective and can apply if the finger-pointer is being petty, stupid or just plain nuts.' Nicole replied. 'And if a damn Tribunal goes on the "technically correct, best kind of correct", well I'll think a lot less of them too.'

Anja's Post:

'Well, I picked up no signals like IR or any cameras...' Nicole replied, gently fingering the putty. 'Did the trap seem the same design as the one we found in the Fallen base couple of months back?' giving a frown, clearly inviting the others to add to the conversation if they had any thoughts or ideas.

[Another 'shrewd guess'; that the Tribunal can't afford to be made to look ridiculous over prosecuting something so petty. Esp. if the circumstances got out, such as the fact she was stressed, about to go on a major attack, Flavian didn't actually immediately reveal his rank etc.]

[Well, Nick's already quoted Futurama at least once before...]

[Talking of booze, Nick's already finished making her micro-still.]

[Happy New Year. Though I'm working. Not missing much, mind; can't drink cos of pills for infected tooth which I had patched up on the 22nd.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:03 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"You have allot of stamina Sir."
Yu Die said approvingly.
"What is adderall Sir?"
Yu Die asked.

"It's amphetamine salts that's officially used to treat ADHD." Serge explained. "However university students often use it as a study enhancer since it raises your attentiveness and helps you focus."

Anja wrote:"You can draw pictures for people Mr Yager that would be nice gifts."
Yu Die suggested.

"Yeah your right. Wouldn't mind doing something a little extra but I guess I've always got my art to fall back on." he said with a nervous grin.

Anja wrote:You got into the infirmary. Kira and Beatrice was still sleeping. Richard was gently washing sweat from Kira's brow with a wet cloth. There was nothing that would scare Anna out in plain sight, earlier Bee had been hooked up to an IV to give her some nourishment as she had eaten so little lately, but that seamed to have been removed now. Richard smiled to you.
"Back so soon Serge?"
He whispered.

"Yeah. The Chief wants me to future-proof the ward drawings." Serge said holding up the sealing spray. "So we're gonna have to move the bed again I'm afraid. Sorry about that. It should be for the last time."

(OOC: Happy New Year Guys!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:26 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright you be well to."
The Master Adept said before ending the call. There was a slight knock on the door and a beautiful middle aged woman entered. She looked Japanese, she was wearing a plum colored knitted sweater and a long gray skirt, her hair was very long and kept in a braided bun at the nape of her neck, gray lines was woven in with the black. The woman's eyes was an unusual color, light brown almost yellow and she gave you a bow as she entered.
"Excuse me Mr Wainwright right? I heard you where waiting here watching over Miss Adlebloom and I was wondering if I could interest you in a book from the library while waiting."
The woman's voice was soft and pleasant.
Colin smiled as he ended the call, then arched an eyebrow at the woman, "Ah, good evening... I might appreciate that very much."
Thinking quickly to place who this might be, since she didn't immediately introduce herself, he wondered - wasn't there supposed to be a Kitsune at Westchapel? Or was that at Riverside? No, phe thought it was here... his face smoothly fell into a non-expression, not revealing his amusement, "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, ma'am, as we haven't been introduced, but if it's not a bother, I should like to read up on, say, the vulpine shapeshifters of Japan. I'm afraid Steelhaven's selection on the subject is a trifle wanting, especially when one is only familiar with English or Latin."

((OOC: Unfortunately, the shrewdness of the guess is rather overruled by a certain Senior Quaesitor who will probably quite literally take any excuse to prosecute the Chantry, out of a grudge. On the bright side, her prosecuting the Chantry over something THAT petty might give the Chantry grounds to force her to recuse herself in all matters regarding Steelhaven's residents owing to blatant bias against us... Might pay off, might not. ))

((OOC2: Happy New Year. I can't drink, either, 'cause pain medication I'm on for the back will murder the shit out of my liver if I combine it with alcohol. (Well, severely increased risk of liver damage if mixing the two. Something to the tune of 10%+10%=60% risk kind of equation. Not worth it.) While I can take an opiate instead if I REALLY want a few drinks, I'm not going out tonight, anyway, so not worth it... Also, it's half past eight PM, and some asshats have started the fireworks already. This is a pet-rich neighborhood. Go figure. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:49 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled as he ended the call, then arched an eyebrow at the woman, "Ah, good evening... I might appreciate that very much."
Thinking quickly to place who this might be, since she didn't immediately introduce herself, he wondered - wasn't there supposed to be a Kitsune at Westchapel? Or was that at Riverside? No, phe thought it was here... his face smoothly fell into a non-expression, not revealing his amusement, "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, ma'am, as we haven't been introduced, but if it's not a bother, I should like to read up on, say, the vulpine shapeshifters of Japan. I'm afraid Steelhaven's selection on the subject is a trifle wanting, especially when one is only familiar with English or Latin."

"Ah forgive me Sir my name is Takahashi Fumiko."
The woman said with an elegant bow.
"Ah most books on such things have little but myth and folklore but I might be able to find you something."
She said with a knowing smile.
"If you would kindly wait I will go to the library and see what I can find, it should not be to long I am the librarian I know our library quite well."

[Ward Making]

"It's amphetamine salts that's officially used to treat ADHD." Serge explained. "However university students often use it as a study enhancer since it raises your attentiveness and helps you focus."

"Ah...ok, that sounds really useful Sir."
The young Orphan said with a nod.

"Yeah your right. Wouldn't mind doing something a little extra but I guess I've always got my art to fall back on." he said with a nervous grin.

"Your art is really nice Sir that is really good gifts."
Yu Die said.
"That is extra."

"Yeah. The Chief wants me to future-proof the ward drawings." Serge said holding up the sealing spray. "So we're gonna have to move the bed again I'm afraid. Sorry about that. It should be for the last time."

"Well safety is important after all."
Richard said as he went to Kira's bed and stepped on the little pedal that unlocked the wheels so he could roll the bed away from your drawing.
"There you go, but quietly please so the girls are not disturbed."

[Park]

'No, I do understand. That "feeling insulted" is like completely subjective and can apply if the finger-pointer is being petty, stupid or just plain nuts.' Nicole replied. 'And if a damn Tribunal goes on the "technically correct, best kind of correct", well I'll think a lot less of them too.'

"Well I guess that if you are willing to think less of them and accept your punishment that is fine, but usually it is best to avoid Tribunals, for good or for bad reasons."
Axel replied flatly.

'Well, I picked up no signals like IR or any cameras...' Nicole replied, gently fingering the putty. 'Did the trap seem the same design as the one we found in the Fallen base couple of months back?' giving a frown, clearly inviting the others to add to the conversation if they had any thoughts or ideas.

"No, this is very simple, it seams to be designed to just blow up when triggered, no butts or ifs, just boom."
Antonio said with a frown.
"The question if if the window will trigger the trap or just the door...I can check but examining the trrap more closely run the risk of triggering it I fear."
The Scribe offered.

[Seattle U- dorm]

"I never said we were, but some of us do know some..." he quipped.

"I am not sure they are innocent but they are perfect."
Marian said with a grin. Thomas looked confused.
"What...you know angels?"
He said.
"How do that work?"

[Seattle]

"I have also heard the term planar used."

"Yeah we use that as well, but it is more of a slang than a technical term."
The Void Engineer replied and Cita nodded her agreement to that.

"You are; we don't allow non-faction guests in armed either, unless they're custos and you can't be one of those. Now, let's hurry....and don't look the vampires directly in the eye..." He figured shoot them in the head and don't look them in the eye were about as much advice as he had time to give at the moment.

"Fair enough."
Thomas said with a sigh.
"Yeah I will try to avoid that..."

He took a stabilizing step back as the vampire rushed him and slammed into him like a bird hitting his car windshield; he hadn't expected to be bum rushed like that but now the vampire was prone in front of him. He glared down at the vampire while taking a step to provide cover to the others, annoyed. he knew vampires were much stronger than humans and didn't need to breathe, so there was that consideration.
He made a series of two gestures and words, muto and earth to stick him to the ground, as he'd been using for gravity influencing spells, which was not strictly how original hermetic belief ascribed it but made more sense to him in the current world paradigm. It was slightly less reality-disturbing than an invisible hand grapple and a bit easier to cast on the fly. Hopefully it would hold him long enough to question him after dealing with his partner but he wasn't stupid enough to consider him altogether out of the fight entirely (he'd nearly been killed once from that sort of reasoning already and some lessons stick). "Stay down, don't move."

The vampire tried to struggle but he soon found his limbs sticking to the ground as if he and it was magnets attracting one antoher and he could not move his arms more than an inch of the ground before it slammed down again.
"What the fuck...are you+"
He hissed. You felt Paradox tickle your Avatar as you cast your spell but it was not to bad.

Marion aimed at the vampire who had shot at Cita and fired of a shot, you heard the glass charms tinkle from the recoil of the weapon, the bullet hit the vampire center mass and the creature howled in pain. Cita tapped her phone and the vampire with the gun vanished, his gun clattering to the ground. Cita looked at her phone looking satisfied.
"Where did he go?"
Marion asked looking around for more enemies.
"I digetalized him and put him into my phone."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Are anyone hurt?"

The lich started moving forward he was speaking and quickly, it was old Medieval Latin and old Anglican and the combination made him a bit hard to understand.

(OOC: Yes it is not wise to drag a to trivial case before a Tribunal.)
(OOC 2: Adley please roll linguistics to try to understand the confused lich.)
(OOC 3: Happy New Years everyone. I do not actually drink alcohol and never have so it is no loss to me. I do dress up and me and my mother have a nice dinner and such though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 pm

[Park]

Anja's Post:

'The Tribunal is a "career hazard" for Adventurers.' Nicole quipped.

Anja's Post:

'What's the trigger...' Nicole mused to herself, looking into the window to see if she could see the door from there. The refrigerator too. Then her eyes widened. 'The refrigerator is trapped to explode when opened, right? Is it trapped to go off when moved?'

[I don't mind not drinking (or smoking *wink*), it's the 'being sober while others aren't' I can't stand. Not on painkillers, just a couple of anti-somethings which says 'do not drink with'. And I learned when they say that, they damn mean it. Plus, if I drunk I might forget about the temp patch the emergency dentist put in and cause it to break apart...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:11 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Ah forgive me Sir my name is Takahashi Fumiko."
The woman said with an elegant bow.
"Ah most books on such things have little but myth and folklore but I might be able to find you something."
She said with a knowing smile.
"If you would kindly wait I will go to the library and see what I can find, it should not be to long I am the librarian I know our library quite well."
Colin rose and bowed politely in return, "Miss Takahashi, then? Or would that be Mrs.? And I find that where mystical beings are concerned, myths and folklore can contain surprisingly accurate nuggets of truth... though firsthand accounts are usually more reliable. Unless, of course, the person delivering the account is motivated to maintain some secrecy."
He smiled and sat down again, brushing a stray hair off Freddy's face, "And I'm not going anywhere for some time, I'm afraid..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin rose and bowed politely in return, "Miss Takahashi, then? Or would that be Mrs.? And I find that where mystical beings are concerned, myths and folklore can contain surprisingly accurate nuggets of truth... though firsthand accounts are usually more reliable. Unless, of course, the person delivering the account is motivated to maintain some secrecy."
He smiled and sat down again, brushing a stray hair off Freddy's face, "And I'm not going anywhere for some time, I'm afraid..."

"It is Miss I fear that despite my mother's insistence I have never married."
The woman said then she smiled a little.
"I would be happy to answer questions as it seams you have heard of me Sir, if you would prefer that to me bringing me a book, I can not guarantee I can answer all the questions you might have but I can answer what I can."
She said then she glanced over at Freddy.
"How are Miss Adlebloom doing Mr Wainwright?"
She asked, then you brushed a bit of green hair from Freddy's brow you saw the dark pink line where her scalp had been healed back into place, the healing was perfect but still a bit sore.

[Park]

The Tribunal is a "career hazard" for Adventurers.' Nicole quipped.

"Unfortunately that is very much the truth Scientist Bouchard."
Axel said wryly.

'What's the trigger...' Nicole mused to herself, looking into the window to see if she could see the door from there. The refrigerator too. Then her eyes widened. 'The refrigerator is trapped to explode when opened, right? Is it trapped to go off when moved?'

You could see the door, it looked fairly normal, the interior of the cabin was simple, there was a kitchen/living room in one, there was also two doors, one to a bedroom and one to a bathroom probably and a hatch in the room to a small attic. You did not see anything odd about the door, you did see the fridge it was a fridge/freezer in one and of very good quality. You did see something that looked like a little web camera plugged into a wall socket though and pointed at the door, only it was not directly a camera it was clearly custom tech.
"No I do not think so Miss Bouchard."
Antonio said.
"But I can not be sure."

(OOC: Yeah I can see how that would be a problem.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:44 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"It is Miss I fear that despite my mother's insistence I have never married."
The woman said then she smiled a little.
"I would be happy to answer questions as it seams you have heard of me Sir, if you would prefer that to me bringing me a book, I can not guarantee I can answer all the questions you might have but I can answer what I can."
She said then she glanced over at Freddy.
"How are Miss Adlebloom doing Mr Wainwright?"
She asked, then you brushed a bit of green hair from Freddy's brow you saw the dark pink line where her scalp had been healed back into place, the healing was perfect but still a bit sore.
Colin grinned, "Miss Takahashi it is, then. I've heard mention that there was one such in town, working as a librarian at one of the Chantries. It... was a marginally more educated than lucky guess. Please, do sit down."
He looked at the seam and stroked a gentle thumb along it, "She's quite as well as one could hope for, I believe. The medically trained members of the Chantry have checked in on her regularly; all we are waiting for is for her to wake up..."
He shook his head, "But, regarding the Kitsune, I do have to confess to some academic curiosity; while I've read the story of Ono of Mino, and his Lady of the Moors, and I've been told that your kind, unlike most Shapechangers, have some talent for Linear Magic, I've for some time wondered if there's also any connection to myths and folktales from other parts of the world, such as the stories of Reynard the Fox in Europe."
He paused, "Ah, and of course, if you share in the vulnerability to silver; I am a silversmith, after all, and carry some samples of my wares on me at all times... I should hate to harm you through negligence."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:26 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'The small power draw is a web camera, pointing at the door.' Nicole announced to the group in general. 'Weird that it's transmission didn't get picked up by the scan... anyhows, is it part of the firebomb circuit? If the image changes, it fires the bomb?' ending with a frown.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:36 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Well safety is important after all."
Richard said as he went to Kira's bed and stepped on the little pedal that unlocked the wheels so he could roll the bed away from your drawing.
"There you go, but quietly please so the girls are not disturbed."

Serge nodded, crouching down towards the picture of the cartoon rabbit and began to spray the sealing spray over it, pressing on the can slowly so as to do it as quietly as possible. He whispered to the drawing just as he did with the other, "Here's something to keep you safe from any wabbit hunters all right?"

When he was done he got up and looked at Richard, "I also need to bring in Anna to ward the drawing if that's all right. I didn't see anything that'll set off her phobias but you probably would be a better judge than me."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:50 am

[Westchapel]

Colin grinned, "Miss Takahashi it is, then. I've heard mention that there was one such in town, working as a librarian at one of the Chantries. It... was a marginally more educated than lucky guess. Please, do sit down."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
The young librarian said and she sat down in the chair Morninglade had occupied earlier.

He looked at the seam and stroked a gentle thumb along it, "She's quite as well as one could hope for, I believe. The medically trained members of the Chantry have checked in on her regularly; all we are waiting for is for her to wake up..."

"That is good Mr Wainwright I am glad Miss Adlebloom will recover."
Your guest said with a warm smile.

He shook his head, "But, regarding the Kitsune, I do have to confess to some academic curiosity; while I've read the story of Ono of Mino, and his Lady of the Moors, and I've been told that your kind, unlike most Shapechangers, have some talent for Linear Magic, I've for some time wondered if there's also any connection to myths and folktales from other parts of the world, such as the stories of Reynard the Fox in Europe."

"That would be correct Mr Wainwright. While mages call all the powers of supernatural creatures linear magic, our kind can learn hedge wizardry paths, and many of us do, we have even developed our own paper magic path. Due to this ability we often associate with mages."
The librarian said.
"As far as I know my kind originally came from Japan and China and later spread to other parts of Asia and while a few like me have immigrated to other nations Kitsune are mostly based in Asia. There are fox shapechangers in Europe and other places I assume but they are fay. It is the same as with Selkie, they are shapechangers but not the Chosen of Gaia they are fay."
She explained with a soft smile.

He paused, "Ah, and of course, if you share in the vulnerability to silver; I am a silversmith, after all, and carry some samples of my wares on me at all times... I should hate to harm you through negligence."

"Thank you for your concern Mr Wainwright, but there is no need I was born to a human woman and a fox father so while in my birth form silver will not burn me though wounds inflicted by it will be harder to heal and I can feel it's presence."
The Kitsune said in her soft, pleasant tone of voice.

[Cabin]

The small power draw is a web camera, pointing at the door.' Nicole announced to the group in general. 'Weird that it's transmission didn't get picked up by the scan... anyhows, is it part of the firebomb circuit? If the image changes, it fires the bomb?' ending with a frown.

There where no transmissions of data from anything in the cabin you where sure of that, the camera was likely rebuilt as a device doing something. Antonio gave you a confused look.
"Ehm...the trap is a spell Miss Bouchard...circuits? Ehm but yes the area you indicate is an important node for the Quintessence weave of the trap spell."
The Hermetic informed you.

[Ward Making]

Serge nodded, crouching down towards the picture of the cartoon rabbit and began to spray the sealing spray over it, pressing on the can slowly so as to do it as quietly as possible. He whispered to the drawing just as he did with the other, "Here's something to keep you safe from any wabbit hunters all right?"

When he was done he got up and looked at Richard, "I also need to bring in Anna to ward the drawing if that's all right. I didn't see anything that'll set off her phobias but you probably would be a better judge than me."

Richard watched you work then he nodded.
"Certinly you can bring Anna in, no there should not be anything to scare her here, I keep my supplies in that cabinet, in drawers."
He said and pointed at a clean, white cabinet with a series of drawers under the cabinet doors.
"I had Bee on a IV drip to get some nourishment into her, she have not been eating enough, and I have left the cateter in place for now but her hand is under the covers and our new patient here did not allow me to use anything that will...ehm...poke out of her skin after what she experienced so that is out of the question."
He said with a nod but he took the time to look around the room just to be sure.
"Yeah all clear...I felt your ward go up by the way Serge...good work."
The Akashic said with a warm smile.

(OOC: I am still so full of food from yesterday...)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:42 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'I forget... was Jace the ex-Union one or not?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'We can't risk the refrigerator being damaged by anything...' finding Jon's number and pressing "Call"...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:11 am

[Cabin]

"Yeah Wallace Jace was a Progenitor."
Axel said.
"No we can not risk that."
Darrian commented with a grim concern in his eyes.

Jon's number had vanished from your phone contacts you had to check the latest text from him to find his number again. After a few rings the Virtual Adept picked up.
"Yeah it is me what can I help you with Nick?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:35 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"That is good Mr Wainwright I am glad Miss Adlebloom will recover."
Your guest said with a warm smile.
Colin smiled, "She'll be a good wife and mother, in the fullness of time. For now, she needs to take care of herself first. With my help, of course."

Anja wrote:"That would be correct Mr Wainwright. While mages call all the powers of supernatural creatures linear magic, our kind can learn hedge wizardry paths, and many of us do, we have even developed our own paper magic path. Due to this ability we often associate with mages."
The librarian said.
"As far as I know my kind originally came from Japan and China and later spread to other parts of Asia and while a few like me have immigrated to other nations Kitsune are mostly based in Asia. There are fox shapechangers in Europe and other places I assume but they are fay. It is the same as with Selkie, they are shapechangers but not the Chosen of Gaia they are fay."
She explained with a soft smile.
He nodded thoughtfully, "That does make some sense, then. Especially seeing as Reynard the Fox and his various counterparts in the stories tend to be speaking animals, as opposed to animals that take humanoid form."
He frowned, "Aren't the Chinese fox-spirits stuck with a somewhat more malicious reputation than their Japanese kin, though? What's the word for them, something Jing, I think... I did look up a few references online..."

Anja wrote:"Thank you for your concern Mr Wainwright, but there is no need I was born to a human woman and a fox father so while in my birth form silver will not burn me though wounds inflicted by it will be harder to heal and I can feel it's presence."
The Kitsune said in her soft, pleasant tone of voice.
He nodded, "Much like Dr. Acevedo, then - the werewolf who was here a little while ago and helped with the operation. Not to worry overly much, then, I don't carry weaponized silver on me, in any case - just a few magical tools."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:58 am

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled, "She'll be a good wife and mother, in the fullness of time. For now, she needs to take care of herself first. With my help, of course."

"She will indeed and I am sure you will make sure she will get the best of care."
The Kitsune said softly.
"And be able to talk her into putting her own care first for as long as she needs to."

He nodded thoughtfully, "That does make some sense, then. Especially seeing as Reynard the Fox and his various counterparts in the stories tend to be speaking animals, as opposed to animals that take humanoid form."

"Talking animals often are fae or their chimera, which are basically sentient fantasy creations, like tulpas and not that dissimilar to the hobgoblins Paradox can create for your kind Mr Wainwright."
The librarian said with a nod.
"Not that there have not been those among my kind who have not been tempted by the beauty of a perfectly white polar fox or other European breeds, but when we...join with a non kinfolk...or non Hengyokai...shapechanger relatives who carry our blood, then the chance of such a union producing a Kitsune is fairly low."
She added with a bit of a blush.

He frowned, "Aren't the Chinese fox-spirits stuck with a somewhat more malicious reputation than their Japanese kin, though? What's the word for them, something Jing, I think... I did look up a few references online..."

"I applaud your knowledge Mr Wainwright indeed so there are two...ehm species of my kind, there is the one I belong to which have been described as being very similar to Western werewolves both in our society and focus, we are scholars and warriors for Gaia and the forces of the Wyld, what you know as Dynamism. But there is also a second, small species of Kitsune who serve the Wyrm as his balance, they can be quite a bit...darker than us and relation between our two species are not always friendly."
Miss Takahashi said with a frown.

He nodded, "Much like Dr. Acevedo, then - the werewolf who was here a little while ago and helped with the operation. Not to worry overly much, then, I don't carry weaponized silver on me, in any case - just a few magical tools."

"Yes very much so. Kitsune are the one changing breed most similar to Garou, well at least my kind of Kitsune are so if the good doctor was born to a human woman silver will just give an uneasy feeling and make our spiritual powers a bit harder to use in it's presence, but we can freely touch it if we so desire."
The librarian said then she gave a polite little laugh.
"Oh not to worry Mr Wainwright I do not believe you would randomly attack the trusted Custos and hedge wizard member of another Chantry, randomly and with no cause such would just not be polite. Several of the Verbena have silver daggers, I do not fear they will turn them on me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:17 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Talking animals often are fae or their chimera, which are basically sentient fantasy creations, like tulpas and not that dissimilar to the hobgoblins Paradox can create for your kind Mr Wainwright."
The librarian said with a nod.
"Not that there have not been those among my kind who have not been tempted by the beauty of a perfectly white polar fox or other European breeds, but when we...join with a non kinfolk...or non Hengyokai...shapechanger relatives who carry our blood, then the chance of such a union producing a Kitsune is fairly low."
She added with a bit of a blush.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "That makes some sense. I'm given to understand the kinfolk distinction only holds true for a few generations, too, though I don't know if that holds equally true for both humans and the four-legged kin. Not, of course, that it is more than an academic curiosity for me."

Anja wrote:"I applaud your knowledge Mr Wainwright indeed so there are two...ehm species of my kind, there is the one I belong to which have been described as being very similar to Western werewolves both in our society and focus, we are scholars and warriors for Gaia and the forces of the Wyld, what you know as Dynamism. But there is also a second, small species of Kitsune who serve the Wyrm as his balance, they can be quite a bit...darker than us and relation between our two species are not always friendly."
Miss Takahashi said with a frown.
He smiled and gave a slight nod, "I try to do my research."
He frowned, "Serving the Wyrm, though - do you mean they serve the natural, healthy forces of Entropy, or the... tainted variant of the Black Spiral Dancers?"

Anja wrote:"Yes very much so. Kitsune are the one changing breed most similar to Garou, well at least my kind of Kitsune are so if the good doctor was born to a human woman silver will just give an uneasy feeling and make our spiritual powers a bit harder to use in it's presence, but we can freely touch it if we so desire."
The librarian said then she gave a polite little laugh.
"Oh not to worry Mr Wainwright I do not believe you would randomly attack the trusted Custos and hedge wizard member of another Chantry, randomly and with no cause such would just not be polite. Several of the Verbena have silver daggers, I do not fear they will turn them on me."
He grinned, "You are quite correct, I would not, and it would not be polite. Hum, in any case, I do have a silver dagger on me, but that is for cutting distances, not solid matter. It is about as sharp as your average spoon."
He paused, "If you don't mind my asking, though, how skilled are you in magic? I mean, I myself am an Adept of Time, and with three other Initiate ranks and some Apprentice ranks, on paper... In practice, it's more like six Initiate ranks, a modest Apprentice rank with what is called Spirit, and a fair bit of finesse and luck. But I'm not sure how that would compare to the ranking system for Linear work. I do know one Hermetic Hedge Wizard who could shut down pretty much my entire Chantry for the day if he thought it necessary, and there'd only be maybe three or four people present with the speed and strength to stop him, so long as he managed to do it one-on-one... so I would not underestimate Linear work."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next