Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62

4 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:26 am

[Umbral Chantry, Catacombs]

'It's not tracking us, it's tracking him. And I can simply take the battery out.'

Jeffry looked confused.
"There is a battery in it Miss Bouchard?"

'That's why to you it's an emergency teleport. To your boss, it's a tidy method of snipping off loose ends...' Nicole replied darkly, holding up the hand holding the ring so Morgan could spot it was being held by her artificial one. 'But I don't see nothing of that sort.' tone normal again.

"Well you could hide the entrance to a pocket realm in something small so it do make sense, or if you do not care about your agent you can take them out using the ring as a targeting mechanism I guess."
Jeffry agreed.
"So it is a tracking device then and nothing else?"

''Doing so would reveal somebody had captured him and discovered the device. Plus, chances are you'd be able to end it with a hammer.'

"That is true, then again so would using a hammer on the ring. Keeping it intact and on us would run the risk they try to use that to either teleport in to aid Master D'Angelo or just teleport him out, and I would rather they know we have the man than run that risk...unless you can come up with a good use we might have for the ring Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry asked raising an eyebrow.

'Transmitter already active. Just has nothing to transmit. Wait...' giving a frown. If it didn't work in the Umbra, why were they about to press the button? It wouldn't do anything, would it... Nicole pulled her PDA back to her, re-opened the signal-scan programme. Holding the mic up in the air [and away from the ring] she then turned up the sensitivity to the max to counteract the fact said mic wasn't really meant for this type of thing...

There was interferrance from Colin's scrabbler but you managed to compensate for it and found something, on Earth you would think a cell tower of some sort but here in the Umbra you suspect it is a ship. The ring is still mundane, only able to send a signal to soemthing on the same level of reality as itself, but a ship was nearby, close enough to be reached by the limited sinal range of the ring, most likely it was docked in the Penumbra.

(OOC: I rolled 3 10s for that scan for you Nicole. Also nice catch.)

Serge did stop trying to spin the dagger at the Master behest, though secretly he believed he could do it with enough practice.

"If you want to learn to do knife ticks kid I can teach you how to do them safely."
Amadeus offered.
"They are not much use in a fight other than as intimidation but they can be great at parties."

Serge followed the group as they began to move, listening in on the conversation with Dominic along the way. He asked curiously, "Do you know my name?"

Dominic sigh.
"I read the rapport of everyone who went with your group from Boston, Masters Jeffry Amaris Morgan and Amadeus Nazza, Adepts Colin Wainwright, Helena Moss, and Serge Yager, Disciples Beatrice Alexander, Nicole Bouchard and the apprentice named Kyle. There was also a few unrelated passengers with your group. I will go out on a limb and assume you are the Cultist Serge Yagar child...the only one I do not know who is are her."
He said pointing at Tragedy, the young Verbena did not seam like she wanted to introduce herself to Dominic D'Angleo but she gave him a little wave of her hand.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:11 pm

Nicole wrote:'It's not tracking us, it's tracking him. And I can simply take the battery out.'
Anja wrote:Jeffry looked confused.
"There is a battery in it Miss Bouchard?"
Colin nodded, "Removing the battery would make it obvious the device has been tampered with, though... and yes, a tiny one, I would guess an SR60-something, they're like tiny buttons, a bit less than a quarter-inch across and around a tenth of an inch thick, very useful for such miniature gadgets. Also, there might be some built-in tamper-proofing, like a separate emergency signal if it is opened..."

Nicole wrote:'That's why to you it's an emergency teleport. To your boss, it's a tidy method of snipping off loose ends...' Nicole replied darkly, holding up the hand holding the ring so Morgan could spot it was being held by her artificial one. 'But I don't see nothing of that sort.' tone normal again.
Anja wrote:"Well you could hide the entrance to a pocket realm in something small so it do make sense, or if you do not care about your agent you can take them out using the ring as a targeting mechanism I guess."
Jeffry agreed.
"So it is a tracking device then and nothing else?"
He nodded thoughtfully, "I don't think Master D'Angelo's... bosses, as it were, would be all that keen on running afoul his father, mind, so it seems unlikely this would be used for targeting any... disposal methods like that, all things considered. Our good Quaesitor is a very special boy, after all."

Nicole wrote:''Doing so would reveal somebody had captured him and discovered the device. Plus, chances are you'd be able to end it with a hammer.'
Anja wrote:"That is true, then again so would using a hammer on the ring. Keeping it intact and on us would run the risk they try to use that to either teleport in to aid Master D'Angelo or just teleport him out, and I would rather they know we have the man than run that risk...unless you can come up with a good use we might have for the ring Miss Bouchard?"
He gave it a moment's thought, "Crushing it might trigger a response to signal loss, and it might be noticed if it is separated from a living wearer for too long... I vote we put it somewhere extremely unsafe, preferably on a hostile creature that can defend itself."

Nicole wrote:'Transmitter already active. Just has nothing to transmit. Wait...' giving a frown. If it didn't work in the Umbra, why were they about to press the button? It wouldn't do anything, would it... Nicole pulled her PDA back to her, re-opened the signal-scan programme. Holding the mic up in the air [and away from the ring] she then turned up the sensitivity to the max to counteract the fact said mic wasn't really meant for this type of thing...
Anja wrote:There was interferrance from Colin's scrabbler but you managed to compensate for it and found something, on Earth you would think a cell tower of some sort but here in the Umbra you suspect it is a ship. The ring is still mundane, only able to send a signal to soemthing on the same level of reality as itself, but a ship was nearby, close enough to be reached by the limited sinal range of the ring, most likely it was docked in the Penumbra.
He arched an eyebrow, "An excellent question, why would he use it without a signal... hum... that does present an interesting conundrum..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge did stop trying to spin the dagger at the Master behest, though secretly he believed he could do it with enough practice.
Anja wrote:"If you want to learn to do knife ticks kid I can teach you how to do them safely."
Amadeus offered.
"They are not much use in a fight other than as intimidation but they can be great at parties."
He shook his head, "Master knife jugglers never start with battle-sharpened blades, Serge, in fact, most master knife jugglers never use their sharpest blades for their regular shows. Just a quick demonstration of a blade's sharpness, and a bit of legerdemain, and they perform with blades that won't accidentally take a finger off, but it looks quite impressive..."

Anja wrote:Dominic glared at Colin but he started walking, heading down the hallway.
"Irrelevant is what it is Mr Wainwright, I am fully aware of the laws, I know what you caught me attempting, a dereliction of duty charges are not really going to matter compared to that."
The Quesitor said bitterly.
"But letting us know what happened to the colony might earn you some good will Master D'Angelo."
Jeffry said.
"I am not betraying...well no matter, that I take my secrets to the grave will be the only bit of satisfaction I will get Master Morgan."
Dominic said.
"Very well...ah you know my name then Master D'Angelo?"
"Yes my sister have informed me about you Master Morgan and your brood of troublemakers from Boston. Including but not limited to the most annoying Orphan in the Telurian."
Jeffry just chuckle at that.
Jeremy wrote:Serge followed the group as they began to move, listening in on the conversation with Dominic along the way. He asked curiously, "Do you know my name?"
Anja wrote:Dominic sigh.
"I read the rapport of everyone who went with your group from Boston, Masters Jeffry Amaris Morgan and Amadeus Nazza, Adepts Colin Wainwright, Helena Moss, and Serge Yager, Disciples Beatrice Alexander, Nicole Bouchard and the apprentice named Kyle. There was also a few unrelated passengers with your group. I will go out on a limb and assume you are the Cultist Serge Yagar child...the only one I do not know who is are her."
He said pointing at Tragedy, the young Verbena did not seam like she wanted to introduce herself to Dominic D'Angleo but she gave him a little wave of her hand.
He chuckled softly, "I suppose the joke is on you two in that regard; I enthusiastically embrace that title. It is not an easy feat, to be morally, ethically, and legally in the right when it matters... and between you and me, I look forward to getting those six drams of Tass back from Vittoria some day. I won't be obnoxious and demand an apology letter as well, though, there's a limit to how petty I will allow myself to be..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:07 pm

Colin nodded, "Removing the battery would make it obvious the device has been tampered with, though... and yes, a tiny one, I would guess an SR60-something, they're like tiny buttons, a bit less than a quarter-inch across and around a tenth of an inch thick, very useful for such miniature gadgets. Also, there might be some built-in tamper-proofing, like a separate emergency signal if it is opened..."

"Is that so?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well in either case it seams getting rid of the rings are the simpler solution unless we need it for something."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I don't think Master D'Angelo's... bosses, as it were, would be all that keen on running afoul his father, mind, so it seems unlikely this would be used for targeting any... disposal methods like that, all things considered. Our good Quaesitor is a very special boy, after all."

"My parentage is none of your business Mr Wainwright."
Dominic replied sternly.

He gave it a moment's thought, "Crushing it might trigger a response to signal loss, and it might be noticed if it is separated from a living wearer for too long... I vote we put it somewhere extremely unsafe, preferably on a hostile creature that can defend itself."

"Well the unicorns certainly can defend themselves."
The old Hermetic replied wryly. Dominic gave him a angry look.

He arched an eyebrow, "An excellent question, why would he use it without a signal... hum... that does present an interesting conundrum..."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at this but looked confused he really did not know how the tech worked.

He shook his head, "Master knife jugglers never start with battle-sharpened blades, Serge, in fact, most master knife jugglers never use their sharpest blades for their regular shows. Just a quick demonstration of a blade's sharpness, and a bit of legerdemain, and they perform with blades that won't accidentally take a finger off, but it looks quite impressive..."

Amadeus nodded sagely at this.

He chuckled softly, "I suppose the joke is on you two in that regard; I enthusiastically embrace that title. It is not an easy feat, to be morally, ethically, and legally in the right when it matters... and between you and me, I look forward to getting those six drams of Tass back from Vittoria some day. I won't be obnoxious and demand an apology letter as well, though, there's a limit to how petty I will allow myself to be...

"You arrogant little shit you hurt my sister!"
Dominic growled then he took a deep breath and composed himself.
"One day you will pay for these insults Mr Wainwright mark my words you will pay."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:07 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yes. Can't transmit without some form of power. Expect there's a little coin battery inside this.' tapping the PDA keyboard.

Colin's Post:

'Just put it in a Faraday pouch, then.'

Colin's Post:

Nicole looks at the inside of the ring again, seeing if it had a sensor which could detect a heartbeat or body warmth.

Anja's Post:

'It appears so.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes. Get a bomb, attach ring to it. Set bomb to explode when teleported.' Nicole replied promptly, thinking of the ending of the film Stargate.

Anja's Post:

A silence. Then casually she pulled out of her pocket the small pad and attached pen which was part of her 'everyday carry'. Wrote out 'transmission tower in Horizon's Umbra', folded said page and then gestured with her free hand for Colin to take it.

She then looked back at the screen. Wondering how this worked. If she could find a signal coming from this transmitter, then the ring was nothing more than a reflector, working the similar way radar did. But then how did it work in other dimensions? While she wasn't that good with this sort of tech, she assumed it was possible to make a 'reflector' of several different frequencies within the ring, so it worked depending where it was. Though you could also be lazy and have the same transmission wavelength in all areas... diligently, she noted down the transmission wavelength of the tower in her pad, then re-did the ring again, so she could check...

['Transmission Scan' on the ring again, to ideally note all the frequencies being transmitted by it and comparing it to the tower's.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:46 am

Anja wrote:"If you want to learn to do knife ticks kid I can teach you how to do them safely."
Amadeus offered.
Colin wrote:He shook his head, "Master knife jugglers never start with battle-sharpened blades, Serge, in fact, most master knife jugglers never use their sharpest blades for their regular shows. Just a quick demonstration of a blade's sharpness, and a bit of legerdemain, and they perform with blades that won't accidentally take a finger off, but it looks quite impressive..."

"Tsk, now the cat will think I'm some loser who's not allowed to juggle knives and stay up past 11." Serge said in jest.

Anja wrote:Dominic sigh.
Colin wrote:He chuckled softly, "I suppose the joke is on you two in that regard; I enthusiastically embrace that title. It is not an easy feat, to be morally, ethically, and legally in the right when it matters... and between you and me, I look forward to getting those six drams of Tass back from Vittoria some day. I won't be obnoxious and demand an apology letter as well, though, there's a limit to how petty I will allow myself to be..."
Anja wrote:"You arrogant little shit you hurt my sister!"
"One day you will pay for these insults Mr Wainwright mark my words you will pay."

"Assume? Huh, so you only know the names but not our faces? Neat! Then I could be anybody in that list. Ahh they're all so tempting." Serge said, neither confirming or denying his identity. "Seems like a lot of people were given a report about us. It's made the day a lot more explosive."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:50 am

'Yes. Can't transmit without some form of power. Expect there's a little coin battery inside this.' tapping the PDA keyboard.

"Like in the wrist watch Adley bought me because I got frustrated with my pocket watch I have to wind up and keep forgetting?"
Jeffry asked.
"Hum...how did we get from lightening bottles to this?"

Just put it in a Faraday pouch, then.'

"A what?"

'It appears so.'

The old Hermetic nodded.
"Good to know."

Nicole looks at the inside of the ring again, seeing if it had a sensor which could detect a heartbeat or body warmth.

Yes you believe it do indeed.

A silence. Then casually she pulled out of her pocket the small pad and attached pen which was part of her 'everyday carry'. Wrote out 'transmission tower in Horizon's Umbra', folded said page and then gestured with her free hand for Colin to take it.

She then looked back at the screen. Wondering how this worked. If she could find a signal coming from this transmitter, then the ring was nothing more than a reflector, working the similar way radar did. But then how did it work in other dimensions? While she wasn't that good with this sort of tech, she assumed it was possible to make a 'reflector' of several different frequencies within the ring, so it worked depending where it was. Though you could also be lazy and have the same transmission wavelength in all areas... diligently, she noted down the transmission wavelength of the tower in her pad, then re-did the ring again, so she could check...

There was a different signal coming from the ring and the one reaching it from the tower or the ship, there only seamed to be one signal coming from the ring and then a return ping from the tower.

Tsk, now the cat will think I'm some loser who's not allowed to juggle knives and stay up past 11." Serge said in jest.

"I mean the cat would probably love for you to slice your fingertips of so she can get some meat."
Tragedy said and Amadeus chuckle. Madame Fat Cat maued in agreement.

Assume? Huh, so you only know the names but not our faces? Neat! Then I could be anybody in that list. Ahh they're all so tempting." Serge said, neither confirming or denying his identity. "Seems like a lot of people were given a report about us. It's made the day a lot more explosive."

"Yes I am sure you could be Adeptus Mar or Miss Alexander."
Dominic said dryly.
"Well your group are known as troublemakers Mr Yager when there are troublemakers reports get written."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:44 pm

Nicole wrote:'Yes. Can't transmit without some form of power. Expect there's a little coin battery inside this.' tapping the PDA keyboard.
Anja wrote:"Like in the wrist watch Adley bought me because I got frustrated with my pocket watch I have to wind up and keep forgetting?"
Jeffry asked.
"Hum...how did we get from lightening bottles to this?"
Colin smiled, "Refinement, reiteration, rinse and repeat... Each iteration lasts longer, has higher output over the same duration, or is smaller, choose one. Which one it is can't always be predicted, but it is always one."

Anja wrote:"Is that so?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well in either case it seams getting rid of the rings are the simpler solution unless we need it for something."
Nicole wrote:'Just put it in a Faraday pouch, then.'
Anja wrote:"A what?"
He arched an eyebrow, "Like a small, flexible Faraday cage, you mean? Can't say I've heard of Faraday pouches before..."

Anja wrote:"My parentage is none of your business Mr Wainwright."
Dominic replied sternly.
He shook his head, "There are people whose parentage interests me on an entirely personal level. You and your sister, however... I've seen signs of Steel in your lineage, and that's a concern for everyone."

Nicole wrote:'Yes. Get a bomb, attach ring to it. Set bomb to explode when teleported.' Nicole replied promptly, thinking of the ending of the film Stargate.
He frowned, "That only works if we know for certain that the ring and what it's attached to will be teleported out, as opposed to having reinforcements teleported in. Bit of an embuggerance if the enemy shows up and defuses the bomb, only to use it on us later..."

Anja wrote:Jeffry raised an eyebrow at this but looked confused he really did not know how the tech worked.
Nicole wrote:A silence. Then casually she pulled out of her pocket the small pad and attached pen which was part of her 'everyday carry'. Wrote out 'transmission tower in Horizon's Umbra', folded said page and then gestured with her free hand for Colin to take it.

Anja wrote:There was a different signal coming from the ring and the one reaching it from the tower or the ship, there only seamed to be one signal coming from the ring and then a return ping from the tower.
He arched an eyebrow at the note, "Clever... very clever... hum, the docks, you think, or perhaps in a pocket behind Master D'Angelo's private quarters?"

Anja wrote:Amadeus nodded sagely at this.
Jeremy wrote:"Tsk, now the cat will think I'm some loser who's not allowed to juggle knives and stay up past 11." Serge said in jest.
Anja wrote:"I mean the cat would probably love for you to slice your fingertips of so she can get some meat."
Tragedy said and Amadeus chuckle. Madame Fat Cat maued in agreement.
He grinned wryly, "Careful, now, or we will actually have to enforce that bedtime rule for being obstinate."

Anja wrote:"You arrogant little shit you hurt my sister!"
Jeremy wrote:"Assume? Huh, so you only know the names but not our faces? Neat! Then I could be anybody in that list. Ahh they're all so tempting." Serge said, neither confirming or denying his identity. "Seems like a lot of people were given a report about us. It's made the day a lot more explosive."
Anja wrote:"Yes I am sure you could be Adeptus Mar or Miss Alexander."
Dominic said dryly.
"Well your group are known as troublemakers Mr Yager when there are troublemakers reports get written."
He shook his head, giving Dominic a cold glare, "Your sister got hurt for sticking her hand into something prickly - I was unconscious at the time and could do nothing to protect her. If you stick your hand in a jar of razorblades, do you blame the jar for your hand getting cut? As for my paying... you cannot imagine how much I am paying... I'll pay a price greater than you could ever imagine, for a reward you can scarcely fathom, and until then, I will set things right for all my fragments, both those who have wronged, and those who have been wronged..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:50 pm

Colin smiled, "Refinement, reiteration, rinse and repeat... Each iteration lasts longer, has higher output over the same duration, or is smaller, choose one. Which one it is can't always be predicted, but it is always one."

"If you say so Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied looking quite confused.

He arched an eyebrow, "Like a small, flexible Faraday cage, you mean? Can't say I've heard of Faraday pouches before..."

"Why are we putting someone named Faraday in a cage? Who is this Faraday person and how is it relevant to the ring?"
Jeffry demanded to know looking even more confused now.

He shook his head, "There are people whose parentage interests me on an entirely personal level. You and your sister, however... I've seen signs of Steel in your lineage, and that's a concern for everyone."

"Then you know my father would...hate...for something unfortunate to happen to me."
Dominic growled darkly.

He frowned, "That only works if we know for certain that the ring and what it's attached to will be teleported out, as opposed to having reinforcements teleported in. Bit of an embuggerance if the enemy shows up and defuses the bomb, only to use it on us later..."

"Also no one have explained to me why keeping the ring would benefit us, why take the risk?"
Jeffry chimed in.

He arched an eyebrow at the note, "Clever... very clever... hum, the docks, you think, or perhaps in a pocket behind Master D'Angelo's private quarters?"

Nicole the signal did not come from the Chantry itself.

He shook his head, giving Dominic a cold glare, "Your sister got hurt for sticking her hand into something prickly - I was unconscious at the time and could do nothing to protect her. If you stick your hand in a jar of razorblades, do you blame the jar for your hand getting cut? As for my paying... you cannot imagine how much I am paying... I'll pay a price greater than you could ever imagine, for a reward you can scarcely fathom, and until then, I will set things right for all my fragments, both those who have wronged, and those who have been wronged..."

The corrupt Quesitor said nothing he just glared at Colin and kept his mouth closed. He still wanted to kill you though but at the moment he could not do so, but oh how he wanted to.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:32 pm

Anja wrote:"If you say so Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied looking quite confused.
Colin smiled, "It's like with your Hermetic hand seals - with practice, you do them a little more precisely, a little quicker, requiring a little less room to move your hands; iteration upon iteration of miniscule improvement."

Anja wrote:"Why are we putting someone named Faraday in a cage? Who is this Faraday person and how is it relevant to the ring?"
Jeffry demanded to know looking even more confused now.
He shook his head, "Ah, no, Michael Faraday was a 19th-century British scientist - probably an Etherite, come to think of it - whose work formed the basis for quite a lot of modern electricals. He invented the Faraday Cage as a means to separate the interior and exterior from airborne electricity - a lightning-proof barrier, if you will. Incidentally, my Scrambler does to some extent mimic some of the cage's properties, but it won't stop a lightning bolt."

Anja wrote:"Then you know my father would...hate...for something unfortunate to happen to me."
Dominic growled darkly.
He nodded, "He would not be too happy if I just stood idly by and let Moloch rise, either - that loathsome, bleak Stasis outcome would serve none of us."

Anja wrote:"Also no one have explained to me why keeping the ring would benefit us, why take the risk?"
Jeffry chimed in.
He nodded, "Best be rid of it, indeed."

Anja wrote:The corrupt Quesitor said nothing he just glared at Colin and kept his mouth closed. He still wanted to kill you though but at the moment he could not do so, but oh how he wanted to.
He walked on, keeping D'Angelo in check, face bereft of expression or emotion.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:07 pm

Anja's Post:

'It does have some kind of sensor. I think. Not sure what it's sensing, mind.'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'No idea; not enough data for even a guestimate.' she replied, giving a shrug, writing down the other frequency.

Colin's Post:

'Never hear of booster bags? Put the stolen items from the store in the bag, walk out, alarms don't go off 'cos of blocked signals.' Nicole replied lazily. 'Get me a metal tin and some tinfoil and the ring can go in it...'

[I don't think Nicole would be able to tell where the transmission is coming from exactly because she doesn't know the original signal strength or is able to triangulate it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:11 am

Colin smiled, "It's like with your Hermetic hand seals - with practice, you do them a little more precisely, a little quicker, requiring a little less room to move your hands; iteration upon iteration of miniscule improvement."

"I see..."
Jeffry said looking down at his strong, slender fingers.
"Well that do make sense Mr Wainwright...so you say that inside the ring there is a miniature lightening bottle?"

He shook his head, "Ah, no, Michael Faraday was a 19th-century British scientist - probably an Etherite, come to think of it - whose work formed the basis for quite a lot of modern electricals. He invented the Faraday Cage as a means to separate the interior and exterior from airborne electricity - a lightning-proof barrier, if you will. Incidentally, my Scrambler does to some extent mimic some of the cage's properties, but it won't stop a lightning bolt."

"Hum...most interesting. The question still remain how do it benefit us to keep the ring even if we had such a...ehm cage on hand?"
The old Hermetic asked raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, "He would not be too happy if I just stood idly by and let Moloch rise, either - that loathsome, bleak Stasis outcome would serve none of us."

"Perhaps Molochs world is the only way to save us all. Mr Wainwright you do not know what is out there...what is coming, only a perfect, crystal prison can save us all."
Dominic said and you saw a bit of fear in his eyes.

He walked on, keeping D'Angelo in check, face bereft of expression or emotion.

Dominic trudged along he was not happy. Madame Fat Cat moved around Amadeus's legs looking up at her wounded master and mauing.

It does have some kind of sensor. I think. Not sure what it's sensing, mind.'

"Ehm...and forgive me if this sound ignorant Miss Bouchard technology is not my strong suit, is there a way to record these readings you do so we can present them to the Ethics Council for further investigation?"
Jeffry asked looking like he was struggling with grasping the concepts.

'No idea; not enough data for even a guestimate.' she replied, giving a shrug, writing down the other frequency.

"Can it be traced?"
Amadeus asked.

'Never hear of booster bags? Put the stolen items from the store in the bag, walk out, alarms don't go off 'cos of blocked signals.' Nicole replied lazily. 'Get me a metal tin and some tinfoil and the ring can go in it...'

"I have a tin of mint candies I bought on the docks, will that do?"
Amadeus asked.
"I am not not clear why we want to keep the ring even of it can be made safe."
Jeffry asked again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:42 pm

Anja's Post:

'To transport it safely to someone who can study it better?' giving a frown, still looking at the thing. 'After all, it is evidence.'

Anja's Post:

'I have noted the frequencies, sir. And we can show on a map our location.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes. As long as it continues transmitting and you have better gear.'

Anja's Post:

'I'll only know once I've tried it, but don't see why not.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:17 pm

'To transport it safely to someone who can study it better?' giving a frown, still looking at the thing. 'After all, it is evidence.'

"Evidence of what? That the man had a fail safe to tell his allies he is in trouble? That is not illegal."
Jeffry said.
"Bringing it with us risk them tracking us, and sending the ring away do give us a chance to lead his allies to some unpleasantness with our own back covered as we just teleported away a tool used by our enemy we did not force them to follow the signal. If this is a simple signaling device what could we possibly learn of it that would justify the risk Miss Bouchard?"

'I have noted the frequencies, sir. And we can show on a map our location.'

"Very well I will leave that in your hands then Miss Bouchard."
The Security Chief replied.

'Yes. As long as it continues transmitting and you have better gear.'

"Ok so then there is a reason for us to keep it? We can use it to find whoever is on the other end?"
Amadeus asked. Jeffry did not look convinced but he was hesitating.
"That might...might be worth it if we can secure it."

'I'll only know once I've tried it, but don't see why not.'

Amadeus took a handkerchief and poured little green candies out into it and put it back in his pocket before handing Nicole the candy tin, the tin was simple and had the words handmade mint candies on the front. Tragedy chimed in.
"I don't have like tin foil but I have a chocolate bar wrapped in that old fashioned metal wrapping, can that be used?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:22 am

Anja wrote:"Yes I am sure you could be Adeptus Mar or Miss Alexander."
Dominic said dryly.
Anja wrote:"Perhaps Molochs world is the only way to save us all. Mr Wainwright you do not know what is out there...what is coming, only a perfect, crystal prison can save us all."
Colin wrote:He walked on, keeping D'Angelo in check, face bereft of expression or emotion.
Anja wrote:Dominic trudged along he was not happy. Madame Fat Cat moved around Amadeus's legs looking up at her wounded master and mauing.

Serge walked along with the group, keeping a curious ear on the conversation regarding the tracer and an eye on Dominic. He had a bunch of questions he wanted to ask the Quesitor, though there was a near zero chance he would answer any of them honestly.

So he decided to just allow the corrupt Quesitor to preach more of his gospel, "Would you like to explain to us then? What's out there that's so terrifying that we'd need to stasis ourselves? Most people just sort of stop before the explanation but it looks like we have a long walk ahead of us."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:20 am

Serge walked along with the group, keeping a curious ear on the conversation regarding the tracer and an eye on Dominic. He had a bunch of questions he wanted to ask the Quesitor, though there was a near zero chance he would answer any of them honestly.

So he decided to just allow the corrupt Quesitor to preach more of his gospel, "Would you like to explain to us then? What's out there that's so terrifying that we'd need to stasis ourselves? Most people just sort of stop before the explanation but it looks like we have a long walk ahead of us."

"I doubt an uneducated child such as yourself would be able to understand."
Dominic replied.
"Back in the day the Order of Hermes forced promising candidates to join and killed those who refused, a most sensible policy, if we had kept it up I would not have had to deal with such trash, so no I will not explain your feeble..."
At this point Tragedy hit Dominic D'Angelo in the nose, the Quesitor staggered and gasped, a trickle of blood dripping from his nose.
"Oh I am sorry I guess we are all just uneducated masses and prone to violence."
Tragedy said and Jeffry scowled.
"Miss ehm...Tragedy we do not hit prisoners, I expect you to do the dishes after dinner, on your own as compensation...and Amadeus control your apprentice."
Amadeus had been snickering but he did an effort to stop grinning.
"Ehm...yes eh very...very bad Tragedy..."
He said but his eyes was twinkling. Tragedy grinned.

(OOC: I will be on a train all day so I might be late responding for the rest of the day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:30 pm

Anja wrote:"I see..."
Jeffry said looking down at his strong, slender fingers.
"Well that do make sense Mr Wainwright...so you say that inside the ring there is a miniature lightening bottle?"
Colin nodded, "It is a little more refined than that, but in broad terms... yes. The same as with your watch, or for that matter a hearing aid or one of those tiny pocket calculators."

Nicole wrote:'No idea; not enough data for even a guestimate.' she replied, giving a shrug, writing down the other frequency.
Anja wrote:"Can it be traced?"
Amadeus asked.
Nicole wrote:'Yes. As long as it continues transmitting and you have better gear.'
Anja wrote:"Ok so then there is a reason for us to keep it? We can use it to find whoever is on the other end?"
Amadeus asked. Jeffry did not look convinced but he was hesitating.
"That might...might be worth it if we can secure it."
He frowned, "While that could be potentially beneficial, I am not sold on that course of action. That tracking goes both ways; I don't believe we can isolate it while trying to locate the other end of the signal... putting us at a potentially abrupt and lethal disadvantage."

Anja wrote:"Hum...most interesting. The question still remain how do it benefit us to keep the ring even if we had such a...ehm cage on hand?"
The old Hermetic asked raising an eyebrow.
Nicole wrote:'To transport it safely to someone who can study it better?' giving a frown, still looking at the thing. 'After all, it is evidence.'
Anja wrote:"Evidence of what? That the man had a fail safe to tell his allies he is in trouble? That is not illegal."
Jeffry said.
"Bringing it with us risk them tracking us, and sending the ring away do give us a chance to lead his allies to some unpleasantness with our own back covered as we just teleported away a tool used by our enemy we did not force them to follow the signal. If this is a simple signaling device what could we possibly learn of it that would justify the risk Miss Bouchard?"
He nodded sagely, "I am with the Chief on this one... once we have the frequencies, I don't see there is much left we can glean from the ring itself, unless there's some maker's mark on the circuitry or somesuch - whoever is on the other end of that signal will be tracking us before we can track them."

Nicole wrote:'Never hear of booster bags? Put the stolen items from the store in the bag, walk out, alarms don't go off 'cos of blocked signals.' Nicole replied lazily. 'Get me a metal tin and some tinfoil and the ring can go in it...'
Anja wrote:"I have a tin of mint candies I bought on the docks, will that do?"
Amadeus asked.
"I am not not clear why we want to keep the ring even of it can be made safe."
Jeffry asked again.
Nicole wrote:'I'll only know once I've tried it, but don't see why not.'
Anja wrote:Amadeus took a handkerchief and poured little green candies out into it and put it back in his pocket before handing Nicole the candy tin, the tin was simple and had the words handmade mint candies on the front. Tragedy chimed in.
"I don't have like tin foil but I have a chocolate bar wrapped in that old fashioned metal wrapping, can that be used?"
He frowned, "Booster bags, is it? Can't say I am familiar with those, no - but then, I don't really bother much with individual little alarm tags on all my merchandise. Locked glass cases mostly provide the necessary security - excepting more forceful robberies. And that didn't work out too well for the culprit last time, as Master Morgan can attest to. Hum, might want to refresh the shop security protocols, though..."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps Molochs world is the only way to save us all. Mr Wainwright you do not know what is out there...what is coming, only a perfect, crystal prison can save us all."
Jeremy wrote:Serge walked along with the group, keeping a curious ear on the conversation regarding the tracer and an eye on Dominic. He had a bunch of questions he wanted to ask the Quesitor, though there was a near zero chance he would answer any of them honestly.

Anja wrote:"I doubt an uneducated child such as yourself would be able to understand."
Dominic replied.
"Back in the day the Order of Hermes forced promising candidates to join and killed those who refused, a most sensible policy, if we had kept it up I would not have had to deal with such trash, so no I will not explain your feeble..."
At this point Tragedy hit Dominic D'Angelo in the nose, the Quesitor staggered and gasped, a trickle of blood dripping from his nose.
"Oh I am sorry I guess we are all just uneducated masses and prone to violence."
"Miss ehm...Tragedy we do not hit prisoners, I expect you to do the dishes after dinner, on your own as compensation...and Amadeus control your apprentice."
He frowned, "I have seen the end of the line that is Moloch... That 'crystal prison' is death by any other name; no magic, no growth... no hope, just an endless procession of stagnation, feeding that abomination. Even the Unmaking of Creation that the Nephandi pursue is preferable to Moloch's ascent. So what, pray tell, do you believe could be worse than that?"
Turning to Tragedy, he added sternly, "And you really ought to know better, young lady. The early Order of Hermes had an inexcusable policy that lead to mass killings and the eventual formation of the Nephandi as a group to seek mutual protection from the Hermetics, but that's no excuse to hit someone in the head like that. That's the hardest, most resilient part of the human body, and people have broken their hands like that. If you must punch someone, try aiming for a less armoured organ."
Steadying Dominic again, he added, "Ah, yes, and we do not abuse prisoners like some Green Quaesitor hoping to score brownie points with his superior."

((OOC: Oh, what a weekend... And I'm stuck handling Stupid at work - massive print job to run through the creaser, but the paper's as slippery as a politician in an election year, thin as an election promise, and extra susceptible to static electricity... All three factors that the creaser takes exception to. The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62 - Page 2 1f611 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:50 pm

Anja's Post:

'Depends who is the ally, sir.'

Anjja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'And your knowledge of SIGINT is...?' giving a meaningful glance to Colin.

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Not if the signals are blocked. Which I think I may be able to do. And test to make sure before leaving.'

[If someone can give Nicole the order to either abandon, destroy or faraday the ring, she can do it and then I can have Nicole join the after bit.]

[I'll do a swapsie. I'll deal with the ton of glossy, staticy paper while you can deal with the digitisation of a ton of CDs. For extra fun, the CD drives are half-knackered and the 'online auto-complete' feature is a pile of crap, some 80% requiring manual entry.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:06 pm

Nicole wrote:'And your knowledge of SIGINT is...?' giving a meaningful glance to Colin.
Colin smiled wryly, "Admittedly a bit outdated, but I did get some instruction on the issue during RAF training - radio chatter in flight can kill, as signals can be triangulated, and this ring would be the equivalent of having a hostile's active tracker on your aircraft. If you can vouch for a way to keep the damned thing isolated while simultaneously tracking the signal, then I shall gladly eat crow while it is fresh, but as it stands, I don't trust holding on to it."

((OOC: ...Tempting, but I'm almost done with the 2K folders - I'll be able to finish the job before lunch tomorrow, unless I get a ton of other stuff thrust upon me. Been known to happen. Razz What's on the CDs, though? Audio tracks? Data? Both?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:35 pm

Colin's Post:

'I wouldn't track the signal with the ring; reciever emissions and all that. I'd go and get proper debugging kit for that.'

[Audio. Dealing with the Hoard's pallets worth of CDs. Plan is, digitise it all, put it onto an old smartphone, hook it up to a stereo and play it like 'poor person's Spotify'. This isn't hard (I've done similar for myself years ago) but damn, it's laborious. At least I'm on the meter, mind...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:01 pm

Colin nodded, "It is a little more refined than that, but in broad terms... yes. The same as with your watch, or for that matter a hearing aid or one of those tiny pocket calculators."

"I see."
Jeffry said with a deep frown.

He frowned, "While that could be potentially beneficial, I am not sold on that course of action. That tracking goes both ways; I don't believe we can isolate it while trying to locate the other end of the signal... putting us at a potentially abrupt and lethal disadvantage."

"Well as the one with the greatest knowledge on such devices present at the moment Miss Bouchard is probably the authority on this at the moment, but yeah if she think it is safe and we can get something out of it then keeping the ring might be a good idea, but keeping it just because seam to be to risky."
Amadeus replied.

He nodded sagely, "I am with the Chief on this one... once we have the frequencies, I don't see there is much left we can glean from the ring itself, unless there's some maker's mark on the circuitry or somesuch - whoever is on the other end of that signal will be tracking us before we can track them."

Jeffry nodded his agreement at that.

He frowned, "Booster bags, is it? Can't say I am familiar with those, no - but then, I don't really bother much with individual little alarm tags on all my merchandise. Locked glass cases mostly provide the necessary security - excepting more forceful robberies. And that didn't work out too well for the culprit last time, as Master Morgan can attest to. Hum, might want to refresh the shop security protocols, though..."

"No I do believe he was showed the error of his ways Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.

He frowned, "I have seen the end of the line that is Moloch... That 'crystal prison' is death by any other name; no magic, no growth... no hope, just an endless procession of stagnation, feeding that abomination. Even the Unmaking of Creation that the Nephandi pursue is preferable to Moloch's ascent. So what, pray tell, do you believe could be worse than that?"
Turning to Tragedy, he added sternly, "And you really ought to know better, young lady. The early Order of Hermes had an inexcusable policy that lead to mass killings and the eventual formation of the Nephandi as a group to seek mutual protection from the Hermetics, but that's no excuse to hit someone in the head like that. That's the hardest, most resilient part of the human body, and people have broken their hands like that. If you must punch someone, try aiming for a less armoured organ."
Steadying Dominic again, he added, "Ah, yes, and we do not abuse prisoners like some Green Quaesitor hoping to score brownie points with his superior."

"Some things you are best not knowing, and in your childish arrogant you would not believe me."
Dominic replied with a slight shudder.
"Ah yes I will keep that Mr Wainwright."
Tragedy said with a predatory grin towards Dominic who was still sputtering and reeling.

'Depends who is the ally, sir.'

"That is a fair point Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry conceded.

'And your knowledge of SIGINT is...?' giving a meaningful glance to Colin.

"Signet as in a signet ring?"
The old Hermetic asked.

Not if the signals are blocked. Which I think I may be able to do. And test to make sure before leaving.'

"I really wanted to teleport the ring to the unicorns but respect those of greater knowledge and in this case Miss Bouchard have the greater knowledge when it come to technology, please if you can block the ring's signal do so and we will take it with us."
Jeffry said ending the debate.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:02 am

Anja wrote:"I doubt an uneducated child such as yourself would be able to understand."
Dominic replied.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "I have seen the end of the line that is Moloch... That 'crystal prison' is death by any other name; no magic, no growth... no hope, just an endless procession of stagnation, feeding that abomination. Even the Unmaking of Creation that the Nephandi pursue is preferable to Moloch's ascent. So what, pray tell, do you believe could be worse than that?"
Anja wrote:"Some things you are best not knowing, and in your childish arrogant you would not believe me."
Tragedy said with a predatory grin towards Dominic who was still sputtering and reeling.

Serge didn't particularly approve of the sucker punch. It seemed like something that he would enjoy in a tv show only to recognize the uncomfortable messaging later on. But the Quesitor's list of crimes was long and varied. And the number of people he had hurt likely reaching into larger than expected numbers. He could have sympathy while recognizing that it was likely deserved. Instead he focused on the Quesitor's words, trying to parse them in his head.

"So there's a threat out there. A threat that would break our lesser minds if we were so much as told about it. So you and your elevated intellect took it upon yourself to decide the best course of action to protect the world and the feeble minds that inhabit it? Letting us live in blissful ignorance while you do the dirty work?" Serge said as he walked next to the bloodied Quesitor. "Isn't that what the Technocracy's claim to be doing? And I'm fairly certain we all hate them. At least, I'm fairly certain you hate them just as much we do."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:32 am

"So there's a threat out there. A threat that would break our lesser minds if we were so much as told about it. So you and your elevated intellect took it upon yourself to decide the best course of action to protect the world and the feeble minds that inhabit it? Letting us live in blissful ignorance while you do the dirty work?" Serge said as he walked next to the bloodied Quesitor.

"Yes that would be pretty much it child. Not so much it would melt your feeble minds, feeble as they might be."
Dominic replied.
"It is more there is no point to regale you about ti as you will not believe me so what is the point?"
The Quesitor asked with a sigh.

Isn't that what the Technocracy's claim to be doing? And I'm fairly certain we all hate them. At least, I'm fairly certain you hate them just as much we do."

"I saw a wall eat a girl, starting with her feet, just last week.The Union is not wrong, terrifying supernatural threats are out there, we do not hate them for that, it is what they think is a good solution to this problem we have a problem with."
Dominic argued.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:22 am

Anja wrote:"Well as the one with the greatest knowledge on such devices present at the moment Miss Bouchard is probably the authority on this at the moment, but yeah if she think it is safe and we can get something out of it then keeping the ring might be a good idea, but keeping it just because seam to be to risky."
Amadeus replied.
Colin nodded, "I just want to make sure retention is, in fact, not going to bite us on the posterior by bringing in a hostile battlecruiser."

Anja wrote:"Signet as in a signet ring?"
The old Hermetic asked.
He shook his head, "It's a military abbreviation, Sir - SIGnal INTerception; it's the specific discipline pertaining to how Miss Bouchard found the ring's signals, and determined there's a transmission tower of some sort in the Penumbra here."

Nicole wrote:'I wouldn't track the signal with the ring; reciever emissions and all that. I'd go and get proper debugging kit for that.'
He nodded, "So the ring's value is only in that it can lure in hostiles, then - if not properly insulated. Right, if you can shield it, do so, but if you can't adequately contain it, I'm going to advise the Chief to dispose of it."

Anja wrote:"Some things you are best not knowing, and in your childish arrogant you would not believe me."
Jeremy wrote:Serge didn't particularly approve of the sucker punch. It seemed like something that he would enjoy in a tv show only to recognize the uncomfortable messaging later on. But the Quesitor's list of crimes was long and varied. And the number of people he had hurt likely reaching into larger than expected numbers. He could have sympathy while recognizing that it was likely deserved. Instead he focused on the Quesitor's words, trying to parse them in his head.

"So there's a threat out there. A threat that would break our lesser minds if we were so much as told about it. So you and your elevated intellect took it upon yourself to decide the best course of action to protect the world and the feeble minds that inhabit it? Letting us live in blissful ignorance while you do the dirty work?" Serge said as he walked next to the bloodied Quesitor. "Isn't that what the Technocracy's claim to be doing? And I'm fairly certain we all hate them. At least, I'm fairly certain you hate them just as much we do."
Anja wrote:"Yes that would be pretty much it child. Not so much it would melt your feeble minds, feeble as they might be."
Dominic replied.
"It is more there is no point to regale you about ti as you will not believe me so what is the point?"
The Quesitor asked with a sigh.
He frowned, "Serge and I shared a cup of wine with Akrites Salonikas earlier today, and I have personally had the distinct... experience of talking down a Meajin Incarna, and I have inherited a Labyrinth, I have spoken with Robin Hood himself, and I have seen Wallace Jace in his Moloch Ascendant form, before giving up my mortal shell to defeat him once and for all..."
He looked down at the cane, "Do not assume we will not believe you; in fact, right now, we might be some of the very few Traditionalists who will believe you. At the very least, believe you enough to trust but verify..."

Anja wrote:"I saw a wall eat a girl, starting with her feet, just last week.The Union is not wrong, terrifying supernatural threats are out there, we do not hate them for that, it is what they think is a good solution to this problem we have a problem with."
Dominic argued.
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, whatever were you doing, lounging in a labyrinth last week? Or was it perchance a battlecruiser? Either way, that admission won't help your case, will it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:44 am

Colin nodded, "I just want to make sure retention is, in fact, not going to bite us on the posterior by bringing in a hostile battlecruiser."

"Indeed so, we bring it along only if it can be secured."
Jeffry agreed.

He shook his head, "It's a military abbreviation, Sir - SIGnal INTerception; it's the specific discipline pertaining to how Miss Bouchard found the ring's signals, and determined there's a transmission tower of some sort in the Penumbra here."

"I see, most interesting Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, "So the ring's value is only in that it can lure in hostiles, then - if not properly insulated. Right, if you can shield it, do so, but if you can't adequately contain it, I'm going to advise the Chief to dispose of it."

"Agreed, if it can be made safe we will bring it and see what we can get out of it, but if it can not be secured I will dispose of it...in entertain...I mean effective ways."
The old Flambeau replied with a nod.

He frowned, "Serge and I shared a cup of wine with Akrites Salonikas earlier today, and I have personally had the distinct... experience of talking down a Meajin Incarna, and I have inherited a Labyrinth, I have spoken with Robin Hood himself, and I have seen Wallace Jace in his Moloch Ascendant form, before giving up my mortal shell to defeat him once and for all..."
He looked down at the cane, "Do not assume we will not believe you; in fact, right now, we might be some of the very few Traditionalists who will believe you. At the very least, believe you enough to trust but verify..."

"Fine...fine...it is the Weaver the manifestation of Stasis herself, the Union noticed it a few years ago, the three Incarna are behaving erratically. Now you think Moloch would be static, what the Weaver want is worse, much worse, however a Static Ascension might mollify her before she wrap everythign that is in her cocoons, it is the only way, she have even sent her troops to kill Ananasa, what begin as a desperation not to have Entropy destroy what she weave have turned into full fledge madness...she is coming and no one will be able to stop her. At least with what Moloch promise there will be life, in some way, things will no longer change but there will be life, with the Weaver there will be...well it will not be good."
The Quesitor said shuddering.

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, whatever were you doing, lounging in a labyrinth last week? Or was it perchance a battlecruiser? Either way, that admission won't help your case, will it?"

"No one said Labyrinth...allot of places have walls that eat people."
Dominic was quickly to reply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:41 pm

Anja wrote:"I see, most interesting Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said raising an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "It's a useful skill set, though highly technological. Most militaries provide substantial salaries for their SIGINT staff, well above that afforded the rank and file."

Anja wrote:"Fine...fine...it is the Weaver the manifestation of Stasis herself, the Union noticed it a few years ago, the three Incarna are behaving erratically. Now you think Moloch would be static, what the Weaver want is worse, much worse, however a Static Ascension might mollify her before she wrap everythign that is in her cocoons, it is the only way, she have even sent her troops to kill Ananasa, what begin as a desperation not to have Entropy destroy what she weave have turned into full fledge madness...she is coming and no one will be able to stop her. At least with what Moloch promise there will be life, in some way, things will no longer change but there will be life, with the Weaver there will be...well it will not be good."
The Quesitor said shuddering.
He chewed on this new information for a moment, "Moloch is a tainted Static outcome; the Weaver is pure Stasis... both are absolutely horrible for any prospects of life, growth, and hope. No, I think it would be better to confer with the Ananasi, and see about aligning with Ananasa... though one might wonder what drove the Weaver to this madness? There's something... twisted afoot."

Anja wrote:"No one said Labyrinth...allot of places have walls that eat people."
Dominic was quickly to reply.
He arched an eyebrow, "Quite, a lot of places, but how many of those places are not made from the polyp tissues the Nephandi so favour? Though I will note that the polyps are not inherently Qlippothic, just deeply Entropic... an important distinction."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next