Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62

4 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:05 pm

[Umbral Chantry, Catacombs]

Anja's Post:

A slightly surprised look to this, though only for a moment. Then she quickly set to work; wrapped the ring in a tissue from the pack in her bag, then wrapped in Tragedy's tinfoil, then another layer of tissue, then secured by some duct tape so it didn't fall apart on route. Then she took the small tin from Nassa and put her little package within it, sealing the joins with more tape [and bending the lips if needed] so they had a tight fit. Once done, she then use her PDA to scan the tin - if she picked up one, it had worked, if she picked up two it hadn't...

[Attempting 'Transmission Scan' again. In RL, Nicole's jury-rigged Faraday box should work on this sort of thing and she knows it too, so let's throw in some Entropy 2 to make sure it does?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Great Verbena Rescue, Dinner with the Admiral and Evil Twins IC Thread 62

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:27 pm

Colin nodded, "It's a useful skill set, though highly technological. Most militaries provide substantial salaries for their SIGINT staff, well above that afforded the rank and file."

"I see."
Jeffry replied again.

He chewed on this new information for a moment, "Moloch is a tainted Static outcome; the Weaver is pure Stasis... both are absolutely horrible for any prospects of life, growth, and hope. No, I think it would be better to confer with the Ananasi, and see about aligning with Ananasa... though one might wonder what drove the Weaver to this madness? There's something... twisted afoot."

"There is indeed and there is only one way to save us all."
Dominic muttered darkly.
"And Ananasa are under siege, I doubt you could reach her and while she is an Incerna she can not rival the power of the Weaver."

He arched an eyebrow, "Quite, a lot of places, but how many of those places are not made from the polyp tissues the Nephandi so favour? Though I will note that the polyps are not inherently Qlippothic, just deeply Entropic... an important distinction."

"I have seen trees in Verbena groves eat people."
Dominic said and Amadeus shrugged at that.

A slightly surprised look to this, though only for a moment. Then she quickly set to work; wrapped the ring in a tissue from the pack in her bag, then wrapped in Tragedy's tinfoil, then another layer of tissue, then secured by some duct tape so it didn't fall apart on route. Then she took the small tin from Nassa and put her little package within it, sealing the joins with more tape [and bending the lips if needed] so they had a tight fit. Once done, she then use her PDA to scan the tin - if she picked up one, it had worked, if she picked up two it hadn't...

No signals seamed to penetrate the little box, from what your reading told you and you are pretty sure they are accurate, the ring was now completely safe.

(OOC: We will just retcon the teleporting of the ring then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:55 pm

Anja's Post:

Giving a little grunt and nod to herself, Nicole gestured with the box for anyone to take it if they wanted. 'Dead to the world... as long as nobody opens the box.'

Unless she gets any other orders, Nicole will pack up her gear quickly and stow it away in her bag so they can move out.

Anja's Post:

Following up on the rear, watching alertly and with her weapon at the ready, gave a little frown on hearing this.

[Request Shapeshifter Lore / Occult roll - 'the Weaver'. Oh, and 'Ananasa' while we're at it. I'm going to argue that Nick is more likely than say, Garou Mage/Kin to hear of the Weaver because a decent % of her lore would be Ratkin in origin, and Weaver-hate is their thing. Question is, does Nick get 'two bites of the cherry' regarding knowledge rolls?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:25 pm

Giving a little grunt and nod to herself, Nicole gestured with the box for anyone to take it if they wanted. 'Dead to the world... as long as nobody opens the box.'

Unless she gets any other orders, Nicole will pack up her gear quickly and stow it away in her bag so they can move out.

"Very well, we are ready to go then."
Jeffry said and he started to lead the way towards the Etherite Quarters.

Following up on the rear, watching alertly and with her weapon at the ready, gave a little frown on hearing this.

You have heard about the Weaver and since you are a member of the Traditions are able to put two and two together, many mages had picked up also calling the personification of Stasis the Weaver. Most Ratkin hated the Weaver and saw her influence as corruptive and limiting.

You have barely heard about Ananasa, you had befriended an Ananasi Kinfolk and from what you understand she is one of the Incarna created by the Weaver. You have heard it say The Machine is another.

(OOC: Yes I would say so yes and I rolled for you and it was a decent result.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:55 am

Nicole wrote:A slightly surprised look to this, though only for a moment. Then she quickly set to work; wrapped the ring in a tissue from the pack in her bag, then wrapped in Tragedy's tinfoil, then another layer of tissue, then secured by some duct tape so it didn't fall apart on route. Then she took the small tin from Nassa and put her little package within it, sealing the joins with more tape [and bending the lips if needed] so they had a tight fit. Once done, she then use her PDA to scan the tin - if she picked up one, it had worked, if she picked up two it hadn't...
Anja wrote:No signals seamed to penetrate the little box, from what your reading told you and you are pretty sure they are accurate, the ring was now completely safe.
Nicole wrote:Giving a little grunt and nod to herself, Nicole gestured with the box for anyone to take it if they wanted. 'Dead to the world... as long as nobody opens the box.'

Anja wrote:"Very well, we are ready to go then."
Jeffry said and he started to lead the way towards the Etherite Quarters.
Colin gave the little tin a look and nodded, "Good, then... A drop of glue or something to seal it would be best, I suppose, but it will do."

Anja wrote:"There is indeed and there is only one way to save us all."
Dominic muttered darkly.
"And Ananasa are under siege, I doubt you could reach her and while she is an Incerna she can not rival the power of the Weaver."
He pondered, "You know, Moloch has torn a hole in time in the future, you don't suppose that amount of damage could be part of why the Weaver is acting out of sorts? The hole is pretty bad, but still preventable... if I can just get my hands on Wallace Jace before then, it would make things... simpler. He's the accursed linchpin of it all. He's all about seizing power for himself - always has been - and now he's abducting massassa with temporal powers to damn whatever is left of his soul..."

Anja wrote:"I have seen trees in Verbena groves eat people."
Dominic said and Amadeus shrugged at that.
He arched an eyebrow, "That's rather less... unnatural, I suppose - there are many plants that eat meat, after all. Construction materials, on the other hand... seems rather a rare thing."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:22 pm

Colin's Post:

'Do not doubt the magical powers of duct tape. 'Specially the good stuff.' she quipped, powering down her PDA. 'Plus, at some point we'll want to open it again... anyway, you want it or do I?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:23 pm

He pondered, "You know, Moloch has torn a hole in time in the future, you don't suppose that amount of damage could be part of why the Weaver is acting out of sorts? The hole is pretty bad, but still preventable... if I can just get my hands on Wallace Jace before then, it would make things... simpler. He's the accursed linchpin of it all. He's all about seizing power for himself - always has been - and now he's abducting massassa with temporal powers to damn whatever is left of his soul..."

"I was told you and your group would spew lies."
Dominic said.
"Vittoria told me not to listen to you and she knows best."
He declared firmly.

He arched an eyebrow, "That's rather less... unnatural, I suppose - there are many plants that eat meat, after all. Construction materials, on the other hand... seems rather a rare thing."

Domminic harrumped and said nothing further about the matter.

Do not doubt the magical powers of duct tape. 'Specially the good stuff.' she quipped, powering down her PDA. 'Plus, at some point we'll want to open it again... anyway, you want it or do I?'

"Never leave home without duct tape."
Amadeus said as he adjusted the weight of the wounded apprentice in his arms.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:38 am

Anja wrote:"Yes that would be pretty much it child. Not so much it would melt your feeble minds, feeble as they might be."
Dominic replied.
"It is more there is no point to regale you about ti as you will not believe me so what is the point?"
The Quesitor asked with a sigh.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Serge and I shared a cup of wine with Akrites Salonikas earlier today, and I have personally had the distinct... experience of talking down a Meajin Incarna, and I have inherited a Labyrinth, I have spoken with Robin Hood himself, and I have seen Wallace Jace in his Moloch Ascendant form, before giving up my mortal shell to defeat him once and for all..."
He looked down at the cane, "Do not assume we will not believe you; in fact, right now, we might be some of the very few Traditionalists who will believe you. At the very least, believe you enough to trust but verify..."
Anja wrote:"Fine...fine...it is the Weaver the manifestation of Stasis herself, the Union noticed it a few years ago, the three Incarna are behaving erratically. Now you think Moloch would be static, what the Weaver want is worse, much worse, however a Static Ascension might mollify her before she wrap everything that is in her cocoons, it is the only way, she have even sent her troops to kill Ananasa, what begin as a desperation not to have Entropy destroy what she weave have turned into full fledge madness...she is coming and no one will be able to stop her. At least with what Moloch promise there will be life, in some way, things will no longer change but there will be life, with the Weaver there will be...well it will not be good."
The Quesitor said shuddering.

"That's the thing that's suppose to be so scary it drives us insane?" Serge said seeming unimpressed with the answer. "By the way your solution sounds a lot like shooting yourself in the head to avoid getting hit by a sniper."

Anja wrote:"I saw a wall eat a girl, starting with her feet, just last week.The Union is not wrong, terrifying supernatural threats are out there, we do not hate them for that, it is what they think is a good solution to this problem we have a problem with."
Dominic argued.

"If your oppose to consumption by wall than I'd have to question the company you keep around." Serge said thinking back to Jodie Blake and wondering what she and the Quesitor were even doing in the catacombs.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:56 am

"That's the thing that's suppose to be so scary it drives us insane?" Serge said seeming unimpressed with the answer. "By the way your solution sounds a lot like shooting yourself in the head to avoid getting hit by a sniper."

Tragedy held up herd hand to hi five Serge.
"Well said kid!"
She exclaimed. Dominic gave you and the young Verbena a wiltering glare but said nothing.

"If your oppose to consumption by wall than I'd have to question the company you keep around." Serge said thinking back to Jodie Blake and wondering what she and the Quesitor were even doing in the catacombs.

"Children should keep their mouths shut."
Dominic commented darkly.
"If you where my apprentice I would have made sure you properly fared an elder Hermetic!"
He added and Amadeus gave him a very dark look.
"Do not threaten the kid."
Amadeus said protectively.
"And what will you do if I do not heed your warning Blood Witch?"
"Me? Nothing I will inform his Mentor and grand Mentor of your words though."
That shut Dominic up, he apparently did not want the wrath of Master Babu to rain down on him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:31 am

Nicole wrote:'Do not doubt the magical powers of duct tape. 'Specially the good stuff.' she quipped, powering down her PDA. 'Plus, at some point we'll want to open it again... anyway, you want it or do I?'
Anja wrote:"Never leave home without duct tape."
Amadeus said as he adjusted the weight of the wounded apprentice in his arms.
Colin chuckled wryly, "Sage words, but doubling the safety measures seldom hurts... Personally, I would rather weld it shut and teleport it into the sun - Earth's singular one, specifically - but I guess we're holding on to it for further analysis after all... Pocket realm, anyone?"

Jeremy wrote:"That's the thing that's suppose to be so scary it drives us insane?" Serge said seeming unimpressed with the answer. "By the way your solution sounds a lot like shooting yourself in the head to avoid getting hit by a sniper."
Anja wrote:Tragedy held up herd hand to hi five Serge.
"Well said kid!"
She exclaimed. Dominic gave you and the young Verbena a wiltering glare but said nothing.
He shrugged, "I've... seen the Weaver, in the future. It is not something you'll walk away from unchanged, though you would have to be rather on the brittle side already to be driven outright insane from it, I should think. Good analysis, though, Serge."

Anja wrote:"I was told you and your group would spew lies."
Dominic said.
"Vittoria told me not to listen to you and she knows best."
He declared firmly.
He smiled brightly, "Oh, she said that? Excellent, that's some of the best news I have heard all day. That means I can confer with my attorney regarding regarding a slander lawsuit. Hm, unless she wrote it in a letter, in which case it would be libel. Well, a catch-all defamation lawsuit should be just fine."

Jeremy wrote:"If your oppose to consumption by wall than I'd have to question the company you keep around." Serge said thinking back to Jodie Blake and wondering what she and the Quesitor were even doing in the catacombs.
Anja wrote:"Children should keep their mouths shut."
"If you where my apprentice I would have made sure you properly fared an elder Hermetic!"
That shut Dominic up, he apparently did not want the wrath of Master Babu to rain down on him.
He smiled thinly, "We also had a chat with his great-Grandmentor today. She, too, is rather protective of him, it seems. As is one of our Oracles. But don't worry, I doubt they would hurt you much... or for long... probably. Speaking of company, we left Jodi Blake as a smear of ashen glass further back, I don't suppose you know why that cast swift shadows? Oh, and how is Griga doing these days? None too well, I expect?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:11 pm

Colin's Post:

'Fine, I'll just put it in my bag...'

Anja's Post:

'Want any help with that, sir?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:36 pm

Colin chuckled wryly, "Sage words, but doubling the safety measures seldom hurts... Personally, I would rather weld it shut and teleport it into the sun - Earth's singular one, specifically - but I guess we're holding on to it for further analysis after all... Pocket realm, anyone?"

"I can put it in my Pocket Realm."
Jeffry offered.

Fine, I'll just put it in my bag...'

"Or that work as well I guess."

He shrugged, "I've... seen the Weaver, in the future. It is not something you'll walk away from unchanged, though you would have to be rather on the brittle side already to be driven outright insane from it, I should think. Good analysis, though, Serge."

Dominic just looked at you. He did not seam impressed.

He smiled brightly, "Oh, she said that? Excellent, that's some of the best news I have heard all day. That means I can confer with my attorney regarding regarding a slander lawsuit. Hm, unless she wrote it in a letter, in which case it would be libel. Well, a catch-all defamation lawsuit should be just fine."

"Yeah good luck with that."
Dominic replied, again not sounding all that impressed.

He smiled thinly, "We also had a chat with his great-Grandmentor today. She, too, is rather protective of him, it seems. As is one of our Oracles. But don't worry, I doubt they would hurt you much... or for long... probably. Speaking of company, we left Jodi Blake as a smear of ashen glass further back, I don't suppose you know why that cast swift shadows? Oh, and how is Griga doing these days? None too well, I expect?"

"You defeated Blake? But how?"
Dominic exclaimed and this time he did sound impressed.
"Who is this Griga person?"

Want any help with that, sir?'

The wounded Verbena nodded.
"Thank you I appreciate it."
He said positioning himself so Nicole could help with the unconscious apprentice.

As your group entered the Etherite quarters the decor changed, even down in the catacombs and it become more...populated, many Etherites had labs down here. There was an explosion from one door and purple smoke oozed out. Madame Fat Cat gave a yelp at at that and hissed as the door flew open and a coughing young man spilled out while muttering into a voice recorder.
"Note to self the new batch is quite potent."

Several of the Etherites, their servants and assistans and others you met stopped to look at your group but none hindered you. Soon a plump woman with a face and hand pock marked with checmical burns came hurrying.
"Oh you got wounded...do you need help?"
She asked.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply me and my mother went for a day trip to Sweden.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:21 am

Anja's Post:

Once she had put back her bag and rifle-bag on her back, she then took one end of the cargo so they could carry them out.

Anja's Post:

'I punched her in the head and then removed it with a rather small knife...' Nicole replied in a deadpan manner.

[Erm... don't the party need to come out of the Umbra before seeing the labs?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:06 am

Anja wrote:Tragedy held up herd hand to hi five Serge.
"Well said kid!"
Colin wrote:He shrugged, "I've... seen the Weaver, in the future. It is not something you'll walk away from unchanged, though you would have to be rather on the brittle side already to be driven outright insane from it, I should think. Good analysis, though, Serge."

Serge, the glutton for praise that he was, returned the High Five happily and smiled when his Cabal Leader acknowledged him.

Anja wrote:"Children should keep their mouths shut."
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "We also had a chat with his great-Grandmentor today. She, too, is rather protective of him, it seems. As is one of our Oracles. But don't worry, I doubt they would hurt you much... or for long... probably. Speaking of company, we left Jodi Blake as a smear of ashen glass further back, I don't suppose you know why that cast swift shadows? Oh, and how is Griga doing these days? None too well, I expect?"
Anja wrote:"You defeated Blake? But how?"
Nicole wrote:'I punched her in the head and then removed it with a rather small knife...' Nicole replied in a deadpan manner.

"Yeah that's pretty much how it happened." Serge said with a nod. "I'm surprised we managed it as well. You don't expect to find a final-boss in a random dungeon. Though I suppose she could be a secret boss. Yeah...that would fit. Anyways it sounds like you were acquainted with her?"

Anja wrote:As your group entered the Etherite quarters the decor changed, even down in the catacombs and it become more...populated, many Etherites had labs down here. There was an explosion from one door and purple smoke oozed out. Madame Fat Cat gave a yelp at at that and hissed as the door flew open and a coughing young man spilled out while muttering into a voice recorder.

Several of the Etherites, their servants and assistans and others you met stopped to look at your group but none hindered you. Soon a plump woman with a face and hand pock marked with checmical burns came hurrying.
She asked.

"He needs some help." Serge said gesturing to the injured apprentice. "And there's some other important stuff my colleagues will explain but seriously that guy needs, like, a real place to rest."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:50 am

Once she had put back her bag and rifle-bag on her back, she then took one end of the cargo so they could carry them out.

Amadeus gave a sigh of relief when Nicole took part of the apprentice's weight as you carry him towards the Etherite quarters.

'I punched her in the head and then removed it with a rather small knife...' Nicole replied in a deadpan manner.

Dominic opened his mouth...looked at Nicole and then closed it again.
"I...I see..."
He muttered.

Serge, the glutton for praise that he was, returned the High Five happily and smiled when his Cabal Leader acknowledged him.

Tragedy gave you a big grin.

"He needs some help." Serge said gesturing to the injured apprentice. "And there's some other important stuff my colleagues will explain but seriously that guy needs, like, a real place to rest."

"I mean I have a sofa in my lab but he look like he might need a hospital."
The woman said.
"Should I call someone?"

(OOC: They did that quite some time ago, Jeffry made a portal. I might not have made it clear enough.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:46 am

Anja wrote:Dominic just looked at you. He did not seam impressed.
Colin frowned, "Well... seen, more like interacted directly... Hell of a way to go."

Anja wrote:"You defeated Blake? But how?"
Nicole wrote:'I punched her in the head and then removed it with a rather small knife...' Nicole replied in a deadpan manner.
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah that's pretty much how it happened." Serge said with a nod. "I'm surprised we managed it as well. You don't expect to find a final-boss in a random dungeon. Though I suppose she could be a secret boss. Yeah...that would fit. Anyways it sounds like you were acquainted with her?"
Anja wrote:Dominic opened his mouth...looked at Nicole and then closed it again.
"I...I see..."
He muttered.
He smiled thinly, "There was, admittedly, a little more to it than that; we did have to do some plucking away at her defenses first. She was remarkably ornery, even once we took her down... As for Griga, I suppose the name might not ring much of a bell. He used to be Lisa Larson's old boss, until she got some friends to, hm, remove him from office and puppeteer him to give her the instructions she wanted."

Anja wrote:As your group entered the Etherite quarters the decor changed, even down in the catacombs and it become more...populated, many Etherites had labs down here. There was an explosion from one door and purple smoke oozed out. Madame Fat Cat gave a yelp at at that and hissed as the door flew open and a coughing young man spilled out while muttering into a voice recorder.

She asked.
Jeremy wrote:"He needs some help." Serge said gesturing to the injured apprentice. "And there's some other important stuff my colleagues will explain but seriously that guy needs, like, a real place to rest."
Anja wrote:"I mean I have a sofa in my lab but he look like he might need a hospital."
The woman said.
"Should I call someone?"
He nodded, "The kid's suffered temporary Avatar separation - he'll recover, but he will need bedrest. There are some Etherite security staff coming our way, as well as one Quaesitor, Master Tolle. If you could have them directed to us - no other Quaesitors than Tolle - that would be excellent. Also, lending the young man the sofa until they arrive would be kind of you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:32 am

Colin frowned, "Well... seen, more like interacted directly... Hell of a way to go."

Dominic still looked unimpressed.

He smiled thinly, "There was, admittedly, a little more to it than that; we did have to do some plucking away at her defenses first. She was remarkably ornery, even once we took her down... As for Griga, I suppose the name might not ring much of a bell. He used to be Lisa Larson's old boss, until she got some friends to, hm, remove him from office and puppeteer him to give her the instructions she wanted."

"Ah Jodie have a tendency to come back as for Griga could he be the mystery prisoner that...well no never mind that is non of your affair.

He nodded, "The kid's suffered temporary Avatar separation - he'll recover, but he will need bedrest. There are some Etherite security staff coming our way, as well as one Quaesitor, Master Tolle. If you could have them directed to us - no other Quaesitors than Tolle - that would be excellent. Also, lending the young man the sofa until they arrive would be kind of you."

"Oh my...well off course I will help, mine is this door right here, sorry about the mess."
The pock marked woman showed the way to a door and opened it, inside was a small lab, there was two tables socked with equipment, a cabinet full of chemicals. Some diplomas and cedentials hanging on the wall proclaimed her as Dr Zirlana Beck. There was also a small desk and a computer and a old, worn sofa.
"Make yourself at home...ehm...better not toch the chemicls some of them are volitile."
Zirlena said.
"You wanted me to go look for Master Tolle and his entorage?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:08 pm

Anja wrote:"Ah Jodie have a tendency to come back as for Griga could he be the mystery prisoner that...well no never mind that is non of your affair.
Colin shrugged, "Well, with a little luck, being reduced to ashes and glass should slow her down enough for reinforcements to come apprehend her when she bounces back again... and 'mystery prisoner' seems plausible enough. Well, I'm sure the Battlecruiser's Handler will be willing to testify as to what she knows about the usurped Gilledian, and any... guests with Italian accents, for example."

Anja wrote:"Oh my...well off course I will help, mine is this door right here, sorry about the mess."
The pock marked woman showed the way to a door and opened it, inside was a small lab, there was two tables socked with equipment, a cabinet full of chemicals. Some diplomas and cedentials hanging on the wall proclaimed her as Dr Zirlana Beck. There was also a small desk and a computer and a old, worn sofa.
"Make yourself at home...ehm...better not toch the chemicls some of them are volitile."
Zirlena said.
"You wanted me to go look for Master Tolle and his entorage?"
He nodded, swiftly clearing the sofa to lay the kid down on, "Thank you, doctor Beck, we would appreciate that. And we'll mind your experiment. Hum... trying to create a new fuel type, perchance?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:42 pm

Anja's Post:

Those grey eyes looked back at Dominic. A few spots and half-cleaned smears of... something dark on her pale skin. And more on the top of the bit of her shirt he could see.

[Not according to the location tags! Define a point where they re-entered the 'normal' world and put all the appropriate conversations under the correct one...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:42 pm

[Horizon Chantry Catacombs]

Colin shrugged, "Well, with a little luck, being reduced to ashes and glass should slow her down enough for reinforcements to come apprehend her when she bounces back again... and 'mystery prisoner' seems plausible enough. Well, I'm sure the Battlecruiser's Handler will be willing to testify as to what she knows about the usurped Gilledian, and any... guests with Italian accents, for example."

"Oh I suspect she will show up in a new body when you least expect it."
Dominic said and he did not reply to the rest of it.

He nodded, swiftly clearing the sofa to lay the kid down on, "Thank you, doctor Beck, we would appreciate that. And we'll mind your experiment. Hum... trying to create a new fuel type, perchance?"

"Beck...ah yes I forgot to introduce myself...yes I am Dr Back hello and yes sort of, Quintessence infused ful for Umbra ships to be spesific to make it easier to change between Umbral and real world travel."
The pock marked woman said.
"I should see if I find this Master Tolle then...can not be to hard to find...yes.."
She said and headed to the door.

Those grey eyes looked back at Dominic. A few spots and half-cleaned smears of... something dark on her pale skin. And more on the top of the bit of her shirt he could see.

Dominic raised an eyebrow.
"Well now that is actually impressive."
He muttered under his breath.

(OOC: Yeah we forgot to change the tag that do not mean the scene did not happen.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:26 am

[Horizon Chantry, Catacombs]
Anja wrote:"Oh I suspect she will show up in a new body when you least expect it."
Dominic said and he did not reply to the rest of it.
Colin nodded, "Quite likely - but ideally, not here."

Anja wrote:"Beck...ah yes I forgot to introduce myself...yes I am Dr Back hello and yes sort of, Quintessence infused ful for Umbra ships to be spesific to make it easier to change between Umbral and real world travel."
The pock marked woman said.
"I should see if I find this Master Tolle then...can not be to hard to find...yes.."
She said and headed to the door.
He snapped to a quick salute, "Colin Wainwright, that Wainwright, and a few members of my Cabal and my Chantry. And thank you."

Nicole wrote:Those grey eyes looked back at Dominic. A few spots and half-cleaned smears of... something dark on her pale skin. And more on the top of the bit of her shirt he could see.
Anja wrote:Dominic raised an eyebrow.
"Well now that is actually impressive."
He muttered under his breath.
He smiled thinly behind Nicole, "She is quite impressive, yes."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:32 am

Colin nodded, "Quite likely - but ideally, not here."

Dominic just scowled again, he was good at that.

He snapped to a quick salute, "Colin Wainwright, that Wainwright, and a few members of my Cabal and my Chantry. And thank you."

"Ohh...the most irritating...ohh...well feel like home and I will see if I can find the Quesitor and his party."
The woman said as she hurried out of the lab to go looking for Master Tolle.

He smiled thinly behind Nicole, "She is quite impressive, yes."

Dominic scowled again. Amadeus tried to make the apprentice comfortable on the sofa. Jeffry stood by the door on guard duty and was abotu to signal to Nicole to do the same, but the group did not have to wait for long.

Dr Beck returned with Master Tolle, one tall, blond man wearing a old worn suit. Colin do nto know him but Nicole you do, he is Anton Mulch he was a ethics professor at the academy before he was offered a job witht he Ethics Council on Horizon. You did not have many classes with him but he seamed to be strict but fair. Anton do recognize Nicole and gave her a polite nod. The two other members of the Ethics Council Nick do not know though she had seen them at Etherite conventions before. There was a slightly plump, dark skinend man in a dark suit and a lanky red haired woman in jeans and a t shirt. There was also a handsome, dark skinned woman with the group, she was wearing a yellow knitted sweater and blue jeans and her long, salt and pepper hair was braided. None of you recognize the woman but Jeffry did and he gave a warm smile.
"Master Kaur it is good to see you."
Master Tolle spoke up, he was an elderly, tall but haunched over man, he was nearly bald and wrinkly wearing long, dark robes. His scales of office hung on a chain around his thin neck. The Quesitor supported himself on a cane.
"I was summoned."
Master Tolle said.
"I am as you might know Tolle bani Guernicus those with me are Master Clementine Kaur bani Virtual Adepts, Master Anton Mulch and Adepts Trevon Carlson and Aisling O'Sullivan all bani Sons of Ether. We can talk once the situation have been secured."
As Master Tolle spoke Clementine was heading to the wounded apprentice pulling a tablet out of her pocket and starting to tap at it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:44 am

Anja wrote:"Ohh...the most irritating...ohh...well feel like home and I will see if I can find the Quesitor and his party."
The woman said as she hurried out of the lab to go looking for Master Tolle.
Colin grinned and nodded, "The very one. Frankly, it's something of an honorific at this point."

Anja wrote:Dominic scowled again. Amadeus tried to make the apprentice comfortable on the sofa. Jeffry stood by the door on guard duty and was abotu to signal to Nicole to do the same, but the group did not have to wait for long.
He took the time to give the experiment a quick once-over, see if he could follow the processes at play, and to make sure nothing was threatening to boil over and explode again while they were in the room.

Anja wrote:Dr Beck returned with Master Tolle, one tall, blond man wearing a old worn suit. Colin do nto know him but Nicole you do, he is Anton Mulch he was a ethics professor at the academy before he was offered a job witht he Ethics Council on Horizon. You did not have many classes with him but he seamed to be strict but fair. Anton do recognize Nicole and gave her a polite nod. The two other members of the Ethics Council Nick do not know though she had seen them at Etherite conventions before. There was a slightly plump, dark skinend man in a dark suit and a lanky red haired woman in jeans and a t shirt. There was also a handsome, dark skinned woman with the group, she was wearing a yellow knitted sweater and blue jeans and her long, salt and pepper hair was braided. None of you recognize the woman but Jeffry did and he gave a warm smile.
"Master Kaur it is good to see you."
Master Tolle spoke up, he was an elderly, tall but haunched over man, he was nearly bald and wrinkly wearing long, dark robes. His scales of office hung on a chain around his thin neck. The Quesitor supported himself on a cane.
"I was summoned."
Master Tolle said.
"I am as you might know Tolle bani Guernicus those with me are Master Clementine Kaur bani Virtual Adepts, Master Anton Mulch and Adepts Trevon Carlson and Aisling O'Sullivan all bani Sons of Ether. We can talk once the situation have been secured."
As Master Tolle spoke Clementine was heading to the wounded apprentice pulling a tablet out of her pocket and starting to tap at it.
He crisply saluted the Enforcers, "Master Tolle, good to see you again... once we're out of here, I will place a call to have a file sent over to you, which I am certain you'll find most useful under the circumstances. We did encounter Jodi Blake in the catacombs, and managed to kill and cremate her; there'll be a glassy patch on the floor, casting its shadow into the Penumbra, and we might want someone to address that issue swiftly; she is a powerhouse, and prone to returning."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:30 am

Colin grinned and nodded, "The very one. Frankly, it's something of an honorific at this point."

"I will have to ask for your autograph when things calm down around here Mr Wainwright."
Dr Beck said with a chuckle.

He took the time to give the experiment a quick once-over, see if he could follow the processes at play, and to make sure nothing was threatening to boil over and explode again while they were in the room.

Well it was a lab a few doors down the hall that exploded but for this it seamed from what you could understand that Quintessence was infused into a red oil, you are not sure what the oil is though. Nothing seamed to be in danger of exploding right at this moment though.

He crisply saluted the Enforcers, "Master Tolle, good to see you again... once we're out of here, I will place a call to have a file sent over to you, which I am certain you'll find most useful under the circumstances. We did encounter Jodi Blake in the catacombs, and managed to kill and cremate her; there'll be a glassy patch on the floor, casting its shadow into the Penumbra, and we might want someone to address that issue swiftly; she is a powerhouse, and prone to returning."

"We suspect she have copies due to reports of her death several times in history. I will send a strike team of Flambeau to see if they can track down her copies before she can revive."
Master Tolle said as he checked Dominic's restraints.
"Send the file to my apprentice Mr Wainwright I trust him...Master Kaur can the young man be moved?"
Clementine nodded and put her tablet away.
"Yes Master Tolle he should be fine but I would still like to take him to the Etherite clinic for observation."
She informed the Quesitor and he nodded.
"We should not stay there are forces at work and we are not safe."
Master Tolle said, there was no fear in his voice or bravado just cold hard fact.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:26 pm

Anja wrote:"I will have to ask for your autograph when things calm down around here Mr Wainwright."
Dr Beck said with a chuckle.
Colin grinned, "I shall leave you my card, then. I'm afraid there will be some time before things calm down properly."

Anja wrote:Well it was a lab a few doors down the hall that exploded but for this it seamed from what you could understand that Quintessence was infused into a red oil, you are not sure what the oil is though. Nothing seamed to be in danger of exploding right at this moment though.
He nodded to himself, making a mental note to suggest the shuttle for field testing the fuel, for fair compensation, once Dr. Beck deemed it ready for trials. He also signed one of his business cards and set it against an empty, sufficiently clean coffee mug on the desk.

Anja wrote:"We suspect she have copies due to reports of her death several times in history. I will send a strike team of Flambeau to see if they can track down her copies before she can revive."
Master Tolle said as he checked Dominic's restraints.
"Send the file to my apprentice Mr Wainwright I trust him...Master Kaur can the young man be moved?"
Clementine nodded and put her tablet away.
"Yes Master Tolle he should be fine but I would still like to take him to the Etherite clinic for observation."
She informed the Quesitor and he nodded.
"We should not stay there are forces at work and we are not safe."
Master Tolle said, there was no fear in his voice or bravado just cold hard fact.
He nodded to Master Kaur, "His Avatar was severed; Master D'Angelo attempted the worst crime against it... I cannot guess why he resorted to such a risky attempt just to cover his tracks, but he certainly must have had some rationale behind it. As for the file, it is a plain document folder, not a digital one; one of several secured copies. There is also the matter of the prisoner Kallan, who may be able and willing to testify if he regains consciousness... I would ask permission to offer him a clean death as a Mage, rather than the... standard sentence for a Fallen; it won't spare his life, but his Avatar may be able to return to our side in its next incarnation, given a little compassion..."
He looked over at D'Angelo, "Also, the good Master here had a ring on him - a small signaling device, which would have transmitted an emergency signal to somewhere in Concordia's Penumbra. We were not able to trace the location of the transmission tower, but Scientist Bouchard here was able to prevent the signal from being sent, and has isolated the device for safekeeping and later analysis. I recommend she be brought under secure escort to an appropriate lab - there may be an umbra ship somewhere nearby, possibly near where the psychic jellyfish normally reside. Whom, incidentally, it seems Master D'Angelo has accidentally neglected to inform his superiors about the mysterious absence of."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next