Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:58 am

Colin:

You get to Gloria's cell, the only actual cell the Chantry had. Outside of the room you still see Darrian on guard duty, the alchemist looking like he rather be somewhere else but his eyes alert on everything going on, his large black labrador familiar sleeping at his feet.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, did you want to speak with the prisoner?"
The Solificati asks as you come up to the cell.

Adley:

"Not like others I've seen, though I have recently encountered a different type of entropic spirit, an outsider spirit, something that should not have been here. Quite nasty...it had a tendency to...bring out the worst thoughts within a person, just by its presence." He frowned.

"Oh dear, I do hope it is not something like that which have taken up residence in my office, but then I feel nothing threatening or hostile."
Narim said and scratched his head.
"It do make me concerned about what this guest of mine might be though."

"I will do so, yes," he agreed.

"Thank you, that will be helpful."

"Then I will consider a small part of my debt to you to have been settled, if you wish," he said. "However I do not see this outside my own duties."

Narim gave a slight smile then he nodded.
"Then we will say it so, and thank you again for the help."
He said politely, he could order you around if he wanted to, but the Virtual Adept seamed to always stay polite and soft spoken, one of the reasons why he was generally well liked at the Chantry.

"My pater was quite cautious in this matter; he did not name anyone specifically even after he came back, though he did not hear all of the account as I did. But yes, it is very troubling indeed," he said with a frown.

"He is a smart man your pater, he would not name anyone in such a serious case until he had concrete evidence, he knows how damaging rumors can be."
George said.
"I must admit I hate this situation the Nephandi have set us in Mr Roth Hicks where we can not even trust our own allies."
The ancient mage said and sigh.

"I will do so," he said, as he was dismissed. Then he went to go see if Cita had a moment to speak with him, checking her room first then that of her patients.

"Do take care Mr Roth Hicks."
George said as you left his chambers then he left as well heading in the direction of Narim's rooms, his robes fluttering about his skinny frame as he hurried down the hallway.

Cita's room and that of her patients where on the same floor so looking for her there should be a quick affair, and it was for you see her out in the hallway outside of Tobias room and the look on her face said that the young ghouled mage's progression was probably not going the way she had hoped. Cita was talking with a man you did not know, he just over average height, and looked to be in his fifties with jaw length, curly dark gray hair that looked like if it had been brown once and large dark blue eyes. The man wore a simple turtle neck sweater and jeans and a red scarf held his curls away from his face. Mercere no longer wore their typical red cap in public, that would be to easy for the Technocrazy to identify, but at least when in Chantries they often wore some sort of red head garment. Chances was that this was Micah Gregario since he was the only male at the Chantry you had not yet laid eyes on, and someone just dropping by would have no reason to be here in the third floor living quarters. One thing was sure at least it was never something one wanted to see, a spirit healer and a Mercere discussing something in worried, hushed tones outside the room of a mage who's Avatar was poisoned.

You then become aware of another person in the hallway, and it is sort of creepy for she had mad no sound or movement so at first you had not noticed that she was there. A doll like woman sat in one of the chairs which was placed at regular internals along the long hallway. Her hair was golden blond and fell down her back and chest in ringlets like spun sunlight. Her face was flawless with a heart shape to it with a small chin a high cheekbones and very large sky blue eyes. The girl wore a simple, white lace dress which made her look even more like some over sized porcelain doll. This woman would have been a great beauty, if it had not been for the emptiness in her eyes, she was just staring off into nothing, endless pain and despair swam in those blue orbs and it was as if she did not notice anything around her, or did not care enough to notice anyway.

Suddenly you realize you have seen this girl before, she had been one of the six young apprentices who had taken the Gauntlet together with you. House Flambeau's apprentice's Gauntlet was a grueling affair, the House waited until it had a handful of young mages to be initiated and then sent them off alone against the Technocracy Construct, the apprentices off course did not need to take the Construct out, then no one would succeed, but they had to get in, do some damage and get out alive. This lifeless doll had been named Hazel then you remember, a Hermetic name was first taken after the Gauntlet was passed and first spoken in public as the apprentice swore on the Code of Hermes and became a fully initiated member of the House. Whatever or not Hazel was Susannah's birth name or an name she had been given as an apprentice so that an enemy could not just look up apprentice records and find her birth name though you do not know, but you do know that once she had been a sight to behold. Hazel's hair had been short then and she had quickly become the leader of the small group of apprentices, taking charge and setting goals, she was the one who had come up with a plan for how to get into the Construct and take out the building's data hub, crippling the Technocrats, at least for a while. You remember that she had pushed you out of the way of a Primium bullet with her magick once, her rotes quickly executed with the help of hand gestures and short phrases, and she had been the post child for a Flambeau in battle spewing fire from her fingertips. Six apprentices went on that mission, five returned alive and more would have died if it had not been for Hazel. You had not seen her after that two day mission, when you returned successful there was a large gathering of Flambeau and one after another you had sworn on the Code and been initiated, but Hazel was Paradox sick and had to take her oath from her sickbed. You had all used plenty of vulgar magick at that mission, and all felt the effects of Paradox but Hazel got so sick she could not attend her own initiation celebration, so you never heard her Hermetic name. And now you saw there was nothing left of the doll like pyromancer who had once lead a group of young mages into the hearth of a Construct to strike a blow to their core. You do know that with around 100 Flambeau in all, chances where you would have seen Susannah once or twice before her arrest and would realize so once you laid eyes on her, still she had been so very much alive, a warrior and a mage and now she was a broken china doll, a beautiful, flawless shell with nothing inside.

Cita realize that you have entered the hallway and was moving towards her and she excuse herself from Greagerio for a moment and walks over to you.
"Adley, may I help you with something?"
The spirit healer asked, she did glance at Tobias room concerned then she sigh.
"Oh and where are my manners, I understand that you have not met them yet, but this is Micah Gregario and...his apprentice Susannah Florentine. Mr Gregario, Mr Florentine this is Adley Roth Hicks."
Cita said. Micah turned to you and gave a slight bow and extended an hand in greeting.
"Micah Gregario Hermes bani Mercere at your service."
He said and smiles but his eyes you see held the same hopelessness at that of his apprentice. Susannah said nothing before her mentor said.
"Say hello Susannah."
Then the doll moved, slowly, mechanically she stood and walked over to you and held out a perfect white hand towards you, her eyes did not see you though and she did not speak. Greagario sigh.
"That is as good as it is gong to get I am afraid Sir. Susannah is not very sociable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:09 am

"Oh dear, I do hope it is not something like that which have taken up residence in my office, but then I feel nothing threatening or hostile." Narim said and scratched his head. "It do make me concerned about what this guest of mine might be though."

"I don't think so. Still, as you said we can't have it being here, if it's going to break all your things." Remembering how looking at the other spirit had drawn it, he ended his working.

"I must admit I hate this situation the Nephandi have set us in Mr Roth Hicks where we can not even trust our own allies." The ancient mage said and sigh.

"Indeed."

"Do take care Mr Roth Hicks." George said...

He gave a short bow as they parted. "And you do the same, sir."

At first, upon seeing Cita otherwise occupied he was inclined to wait to speak with her. But then he noticed the woman on the stairs and though he didn't mean to stare, he probably did. But not for the reasons that others might have, not precisely. It was like meeting a ghost, a ghost of someone you had known....someone that had in fact saved his life once. Someone he had not thought of recently but also -had- been thinking of, apparently. Hazel. She'd been a widderslainte? She was Susanna Florentine...

Cita realize that you have entered the hallway and was moving towards her and she excuse herself from Greagerio for a moment and walks over to you. "Adley, may I help you with something?"

As Cita came over towards him, he drew his gaze away from the pair; he did not want to stare, it was rude. Perhaps later he could explain his shock. "Forgive me, I know you are busy. But as my pater is indisposed at the moment..." He quickly wrote something down on a piece of paper and handed it to her along with the pen. '1. There is an entropy spirit that seems to have affected some of Narim's equip and broken it. It will need to be banished. The Chief is resting but it should be taken care of soon; if you can help (I know you have patients). 2. Regarding the earth elementals - I wish to see if they will help strengthen the wards. What do you think?. 3. Have you and have our Mercere guests eaten?

"Oh and where are my manners, I understand that you have not met them yet, but this is Micah Gregario and...his apprentice Susannah Florentine. Mr Gregario, Mr Florentine this is Adley Roth Hicks." Cita said. Micah turned to you and gave a slight bow and extended an hand in greeting. "Micah Gregario Hermes bani Mercere at your service."

Adley took the man's hand in response and gave it a shake in greeting. "Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. We spoke on the phone earlier."

"Say hello Susannah." Then the doll moved, slowly, mechanically she stood and walked over to you and held out a perfect white hand towards you, her eyes did not see you though and she did not speak. Greagario sigh. "That is as good as it is gong to get I am afraid Sir. Susannah is not very sociable."

He took her hand and held it, trying to catch her eyes. Wondering if she remembered... if there was anything left of the skilled woman that had been the best of his group. "Mrs Florentine." He held her hand a moment longer and then released it, addressing them both. "Welcome to Steelhaven. Mrs Alexander is my cabal mate. She has asked me to thank you for coming and that she extends her gratitude, as do I. I would like to speak with you as soon as some of the pressing crises have been dealt with, pardon."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:04 am

"I don't think so. Still, as you said we can't have it being here, if it's going to break all your things." Remembering how looking at the other spirit had drawn it, he ended his working.

Narim sigh and nodded.
"Now we really can not have that."
He said.
"Well hopefully someone can get rid of it and like I said send it to where it do belong, I mean this spirit no harm, but I need my equipment."

As Cita came over towards him, he drew his gaze away from the pair; he did not want to stare, it was rude. Perhaps later he could explain his shock. "Forgive me, I know you are busy. But as my pater is indisposed at the moment..."

"No need to apologize and I know Jeffry is indisposed."
The Virtual Adept said she did not say he was so tired that he had to rest no matter what, the proud war mage would not want any weakness spoken off. Cita did get a bit of flush to her cheeks though as she spoke of your mentor, she seamed to always do when he was mentioned.

He quickly wrote something down on a piece of paper and handed it to her along with the pen. '1. There is an entropy spirit that seems to have affected some of Narim's equip and broken it. It will need to be banished. The Chief is resting but it should be taken care of soon; if you can help (I know you have patients). 2. Regarding the earth elementals - I wish to see if they will help strengthen the wards. What do you think?. 3. Have you and have our Mercere guests eaten?

Cita take the note and read it then she quickly write down a reply and hands the note back to you.

"1 I will take care of it, if it if an unwanted Umbrood have gotten in I can probably banish it, I need to check in on B. Then I will go deal with the spirit. Jeffry is resting under a time bubble made by Darehill, he should wake up within the hour, but I have the time to take care of the spirit. 2 Yes I think putting them to strengthening wards is a good idea. 3 I have eaten but not our guests I ran into them when they where on their way down to the common room."

Adley took the man's hand in response and gave it a shake in greeting. "Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. We spoke on the phone earlier."

"Ah yes, it is nice to meet you in person Mr Roth Hicks. I wish the circumstances of our meeting both for the woman we are here and for this Tribunal, I understand you are having problems with the Nephandi, would be better but I will do what I can to help and so will Susannah...if I can reach her."

He took her hand and held it, trying to catch her eyes. Wondering if she remembered... if there was anything left of the skilled woman that had been the best of his group. "Mrs Florentine." He held her hand a moment longer and then released it, addressing them both. "Welcome to Steelhaven. Mrs Alexander is my cabal mate. She has asked me to thank you for coming and that she extends her gratitude, as do I. I would like to speak with you as soon as some of the pressing crises have been dealt with, pardon."

There was nothing in Susannah's eyes, only boundless grief, a pain so great she had completely withdrawn from the world and her hand was limp in yours, at least at first. After a few moments though after you had extended your welcome to her and her mentor and Beatrice's greeting and Micah had begun to polity respond to it she opened her mouth and spoke, reacting to a word you had said earlier.
"Flambeau..."
The girl said raising her blue gaze and focusing on you for just a moment then she muttered.
"Ignem...fire..."

Micah looks quite surprised that his apprentice spoke to you.
"Forgive me Mr Roth Hicks if I seam...a bit shocked she do not often speak to anyone anymore, and never without allot of prodding."
The Mercere muttered and he gave a little smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:06 am

Colin smiled and shook his head a little, still rubbing gently at his eye, "No, Mr. Haagen, I'm afraid I don't have the time for the luxury for pleasant conversation at this very moment... I just checked on the tass stores, and I figured I could hear how Lady Ceris is faring. Has she had any complaints, any requests?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 pm

"I see, well she is for all intents and purposes a model prisoner Mr Wainwright, polite and well behaved though her Latin is very old and unusual to hear."
The Solificati said then he shook his head.
""She have made no particular requests no but she do seam worried about this missing Marauder girl that the Nephandi have kidnapped, that an she seam to have trouble with our modern food, she did not complain but it was clear she found our spicy, heavily flavored food odd and if she believe she is living in the dark ages then that is no wonder as food back then was generally much plainer."
Darrian said then he continued.
"I have arranged for her to get some plain porridge for her next meal, only sweetened with a bit of fruit. Other than that she seam calm though she is convinced she will be executed, she is pretty tired though, such injuries and then being healed is a shock to the system, even if it get healed so she have been sleeping quite a bit."
The alchemist explained.
"Is there anything else you want to know Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Colin nodded, "So in good health and good spirits, under the circumstances. The food issue makes sense; hot spices are a far more recent development; before regular bulk trade with Africa and Asia became commonplace, spices and herbs were primarily in the milder categories - thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, that sort of thing. I might suggest something simple, as such - a small serving of meat and some boiled root vegetables, perhaps, mildly seasoned. And probably no potato or sweet corn, either; those are decidedly not appropriate for diets predating 15th century Europe."
He pondered, "As far as the missing Marauder, you might let her know that we're still trying to locate and extract Maya, and we're not giving up on saving her while there is still a chance. Well, I must return to Master Sharaya; have a good day still, Mr. Haagen."
A polite nod, and Colin headed back up the stairs, glancing at the walls, noting the subtle differences between seeing them with a resonance overlay and without...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Colin nodded, "So in good health and good spirits, under the circumstances. The food issue makes sense; hot spices are a far more recent development; before regular bulk trade with Africa and Asia became commonplace, spices and herbs were primarily in the milder categories - thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, that sort of thing. I might suggest something simple, as such - a small serving of meat and some boiled root vegetables, perhaps, mildly seasoned. And probably no potato or sweet corn, either; those are decidedly not appropriate for diets predating 15th century Europe."

"Yes she do seam to be in good health and good spirits. I will take your advice about food for her and make sure she gets something to eat that is appropriate for the time period she think she is in."
Darrian said and nodded.
"She do seam like a nice old lady, insane yes but a decent person if it is nothing more that is needed to make her more comfortable that to make sure her food is mild and simple then I will make sure that it is."
The alchemist said, he was not the most social of people, preferring the solitude of his research but that did not mean he could not be kind to a prisoner.

He pondered, "As far as the missing Marauder, you might let her know that we're still trying to locate and extract Maya, and we're not giving up on saving her while there is still a chance.

"I think she will appreciate that message Mr Wainwright, she do seam most concerned for her friend."
Darrian said and nodded.
"I will let her know."

Well, I must return to Master Sharaya; have a good day still, Mr. Haagen."

"You as well Mr Wainwright."
The Solificati said and gave you a slight nod.

A polite nod, and Colin headed back up the stairs, glancing at the walls, noting the subtle differences between seeing them with a resonance overlay and without...

You get back up from the basement, Anton Von Hess nods to you as you pass him the hedge wizard was still waiting for his replacement who should arrive any moment, You get up the stairs and see Ulv Bergen on his was down towards the cells, he had stopped to exchange a few words with Ingmar Rush on the way though. Rush gave you a nod while Ulv scowled at you. The two men where arguing about Henrietta Day that Bergen had disrespected in some way, you do not get the whole context as you just happen upon the two mages in either case Rush was not happy about it, he was always arguing with day himself, and granted she was not the easiest person to get along with either, but apparently he did not like anyone else saying anything rude to her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Colin gave Anton a polite nod on the way, and to Ingmar as well, while giving Ulv a carefully rehearsed courteous nod before strolling on.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:51 pm

You get back up to Narim's office, you hear voices from inside, apparently he had company, Primus Steelhaven it sounded like, well it would make sense that if Adley had told the Chantry's leader about what had happened that the old mage would want to get the wheels in motion and come up with a plan of action and speak with his Deacons.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Colin carefully knocked on the door and pushed it slightly open, "Pardon me, Sirs, but I came to return the token and collect my sketchbook..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Narim smiles he says to George.
"Excuse me a moment Sir."
Before the takes your sketchbook and come out to meet you. George to give you a polite nod. Narim hands you your book before he says.
"It is best not to involve Master Steelhaven."
In a low tone of voice, he did not ask if you had seen anything, he assumed that if you then you would tell him.
"Unless there where anything you needed of the both of us?"
The young Master of the Art said as he waited for you to hand him the token to the tass storage chamber.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Colin smiled and took out the little glass token, handing it back to Narim, "Not quite as such - though there were one or two things I noted on the trip; firstly, there are some wards reinforced by miss Alexander that look slightly more... hostile or destructive than the rest. They're mostly on the hallway windows, not too many, but you might want to make note to have them looked closer at - just to make sure the effect is made ready for, should they be triggered. Second, while the stores of tass seem pristine, there were some talismans I'm curious about in the storage room; two rather entropic swords and an impressively charged book in a dusty red leather cover. I did not attempt to read the book, just in case. Those questions are unlikely urgent matters, of course. Thirdly, I left the copies I made in the copier tray - those were for Master Steelhaven, in connection with the transcript he already has in his possession."
He nodded and tucked the book with the originals under his arm, "Now, I think I had best start preparing and planning; there's a big conflagration due today, is it not?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Colin smiled and took out the little glass token, handing it back to Narim,

Narim took the token carefully and held it in his left hand until he could return it to his safe.

"Not quite as such - though there were one or two things I noted on the trip; firstly, there are some wards reinforced by miss Alexander that look slightly more... hostile or destructive than the rest. They're mostly on the hallway windows, not too many, but you might want to make note to have them looked closer at - just to make sure the effect is made ready for, should they be triggered.

"Ah well I expected as much, after all Miss Alexander is a widderslainte. You see Fallen do not do magick exactly the same as we do, if I where to let us say manifest a portal to Chicago, then I would will that portal into existence and make this point in space and wherever I was going in Chicago be the same place, they really already are but anyway I am getting of topic, anyway a Nephandus would destroy the separation between the two points in space instead, or if a Hermetic where to make a fireball he would will one into being using his mind and Quintessence, a Fallen mage would destroy the possibility that that fireball do not exist. It is likely that Miss Alexander's wards just look strange because they are Qlippothic. I will have a look at them just to be sure though."
The Virtual Adept explained.

Second, while the stores of tass seem pristine, there were some talismans I'm curious about in the storage room; two rather entropic swords and an impressively charged book in a dusty red leather cover. I did not attempt to read the book, just in case. Those questions are unlikely urgent matters, of course.

"The two swords are simple talismans that just make it easier to kill, they where created by an Euthanatos Master who use to be a Deacon at this Chantry long ago but who died over fifty years ago. The book when carried allow you to wield and store more Quintessence than your Avatar's strength would usually allow, it is to use the terms of the science fiction movies you seam to love Mr Wainwright. The book is like an exo skeleton for your Avatar, a powerful artifact created by the Chief's mother a member of House Verditius."

Thirdly, I left the copies I made in the copier tray - those were for Master Steelhaven, in connection with the transcript he already has in his possession."

"I will make sure he gets them then."
Narim said and smiles.

He nodded and tucked the book with the originals under his arm, "Now, I think I had best start preparing and planning; there's a big conflagration due today, is it not?"

"Well yes as the Nephandi are planning to do their big ritual tomorrow we better find a way to stop them today unless we want to be buried up to our eyeballs in trouble."
Narim said and sigh.
"I am just worried not everyone will make it out of this conflict alive or that we will not be able to stop them at all, but yes, do not let me keep you I think we all have things to do today. Be Well Mr Wainwright."
The young Master of the Art said and gave you a polite nod of his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:44 pm

I can make even the most boring calibrations great stories. Just sit tight. He said with a smirk.
Her name is Lily. He said. I don't remember her last name, or if she said it.

Oh, yes. She looks talented enough. I'd like to help her with her paradigm, and see how much she can accomplish.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:05 pm

I can make even the most boring calibrations great stories. Just sit tight. He said with a smirk.
Her name is Lily. He said. I don't remember her last name, or if she said it.

"Well now that is quite a talent Mr Kryak."
Jeffry said as you mentioned making great stories out of anything.
"Lily...hum I guess I will have to ask her hat her last name is when I met her."
The old war mage said.

Oh, yes. She looks talented enough. I'd like to help her with her paradigm, and see how much she can accomplish.

"Well her Paradigm will probably be shaped by the Tradition she join and her mentor and off course her own personality and that of her Avatar."
Jeffry said and leaned back in his chair.
"But a talented new apprentice in the Tribunal at least is some good news in the middle of all this chaos, I am looking forward to meeting her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Colin nodded, "I expected about as much from the swords. The book - I'm not sure what I expected beyond its mere function as a talisman. Might be interesting to experiment with writing down fairy tales in it at some point, but perhaps it is best to leave it be. I'll be preparing for the call to arms, then."
He gave George a quick nod as well, "Good day, Sirs."

Then he strolled off towards the attic and the Danbrocks' residence by way of Micah Gregario's apartment.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Colin nodded, "I expected about as much from the swords. The book - I'm not sure what I expected beyond its mere function as a talisman. Might be interesting to experiment with writing down fairy tales in it at some point, but perhaps it is best to leave it be. I'll be preparing for the call to arms, then."
He gave George a quick nod as well, "Good day, Sirs."

"I think perhaps scribbling in the magickal tome talisman might be best avoided Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and grinned.
"I am not so sure the result would be favorable."
The Virtual Adept said then he nodded.
"Yes do whatever preparations you need."
He said and did not seam pleased about the Chantry preparing to go into battle.
"Yes good day to you are well Mr Wainwright."
Narim said as you left. George gave you another slight nod.

Then he strolled off towards the attic and the Danbrocks' residence by way of Micah Gregario's apartment.

When you get to Micah's apartment you find that both the Mercere is out, perhaps they have gone down to eat breakfast in the common room now that most of the other Chantry residents are done and the room would be less crowded.

You get to the attic, for the most part the rooms up here are the chapel, some storage rooms and the staircase up to the roof, however there is also a few, unused apartments up here. one of those had been given to the Danbrocks. Dion Blackwell a young Celestial Chorister sits guard outside the married couple's door. Dion was not very tall, but she was pretty with dark skin and black eyes, her hair was worn in long, black braids that reached her waist. You did not know Dion well, you know she is in the same Cabal as Ulv Bergen but she was a considerably more friendly person, though somewhat withdrawn. You think you have heard that her magick style is Catholic Conjure.
"Are you here to see Mr and Mrs Danbrock?"
Dion asked, she was probably asked to keep and eye on them for the Chief, after all with their son's life on the line, well more than his life who knew what they might do.
"Feel free I heard them finishing their breakfast a little while ago, I am sure they would not mind a visit...ehm...Wainwright right?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Colin nodded, "I was to accompany Mr. Roth Hicks to visit them, actually. I'll wait a bit for him and make some notes first; wouldn't do to surprise them with Frankenstein's Creature first thing after breakfast, would it?"
He winked, "Mind if I sit here and wait? And yes, Colin Wainwright, Miss... Blackwell, I believe?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Colin nodded, "I was to accompany Mr. Roth Hicks to visit them, actually. I'll wait a bit for him and make some notes first; wouldn't do to surprise them with Frankenstein's Creature first thing after breakfast, would it?"

"Oh you should not say such things about yourself Mr Wainwright."
Dion said and glanced at you.
"However if you where to visit together with Mr Roth Hicks then waiting for him is probably a good idea."

He winked, "Mind if I sit here and wait? And yes, Colin Wainwright, Miss... Blackwell, I believe?"

"No off course not."
Dion said and indicated another old wooden chair that sat against the wall outside of the apartment door, there was a small table with a glass vase between the chairs.
"Yes that is right Dion Blackwell."
The Chorister said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Cita take the note and read it then she quickly write down a reply and hands the note back to you...

He read over the answers. Of course, if there were more time for discussion but there wasn't. He nodded to the Virtual Adept. "Thank you."

"Ah yes, it is nice to meet you in person Mr Roth Hicks. I wish the circumstances of our meeting both for the woman we are here and for this Tribunal, I understand you are having problems with the Nephandi, would be better but I will do what I can to help and so will Susannah...if I can reach her."

"Yes, I do as well. We are all having problems with the Nephandi; please do take care should you need to come and go, try to take someone with you."

There was nothing in Susannah's eyes, only boundless grief, a pain so great she had completely withdrawn from the world and her hand was limp in yours, at least at first...

It was a terrible thing to see...bad enough if he did not know her, but he had seen what she'd once been capable of...she had had promise, or so it had seemed. If her avatar had indeed been cleansed, far, far worse...the harsh footprints of grief had marked her and her new mentor, changed them both in response to what had been changed within. This could have been Beatrice's fate, so very nearly had been. And though his cabal mate was suffering greatly, she was still herself, there was still Beatrice there. At least for now...there was still hope for her.

After a few moments though after you had extended your welcome to her and her mentor and Beatrice's greeting and Micah had begun to polity respond to it she opened her mouth and spoke, reacting to a word you had said earlier. "Flambeau..." The girl said raising her blue gaze and focusing on you for just a moment then she muttered. "Ignem...fire..."

He looked over at Susanna, eyes widening a bit. "Yes, Ignem...fire." He nodded to her in an encouraging way, hoping to draw out a bit more. Perhaps she did remember, remember when she had made fire dance from her hands.

Micah looks quite surprised that his apprentice spoke to you. "Forgive me Mr Roth Hicks if I seam...a bit shocked she do not often speak to anyone anymore, and never without allot of prodding." The Mercere muttered and he gave a little smile.

"There is nothing to forgive, Mr Gregario. I can only hope that she will speak more with us later." He would tell them later, see if she remembered...if he could reach her. He wanted to. "Ah, forgive me but I was told you haven't had anything to eat yet. I was going to make up some oatmeal. I don't know if we've had time to get some food stores for you..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:04 pm

Colin smiled, "I've worn this face for almost a quarter of a century; I am quite to terms with the fact that these scars won't heal, and that they rather resemble Robert De Niro in that Frankenstein movie. To be honest, I far prefer that to 'indescribable', as far as my visible injuries go."
He sat down on the chair and started drawing up some of the sigils and glyphs from the corridor, and once those were satisfactory, turned the page and started drawing Dion's portrait, trying to catch a good angle.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:26 pm

Adley:

He read over the answers. Of course, if there were more time for discussion but there wasn't. He nodded to the Virtual Adept. "Thank you."

Cita just nodded when you thank her and give you a little smile.

"Yes, I do as well. We are all having problems with the Nephandi; please do take care should you need to come and go, try to take someone with you."

"Thank you for your concern Mr Roth Hicks. I have been informed about the Nephandi infestation in Boston and I will take every possible precaution if I have to leave Steelhaen yes."
The Mercere said and nodded.

He looked over at Susanna, eyes widening a bit. "Yes, Ignem...fire." He nodded to her in an encouraging way, hoping to draw out a bit more. Perhaps she did remember, remember when she had made fire dance from her hands.

The doll like woman still stared out into nothing, she said noting more but she made the symbols with her hands, those would have been the most known to her, and once she had commanded fire with them, now they where nothing but a reminder but her hands formed the symbols and signs non the less, then they fell down at her side limply and she continued to stare into nothing, her very existence to painful for her to face.

"There is nothing to forgive, Mr Gregario. I can only hope that she will speak more with us later." He would tell them later, see if she remembered...if he could reach her.

Micah looked quite impressed he glanced at Susannah and then back at you.
"Well there have been a long time Mr Roth Hicks until she have shown that much of a reaction to anyone."
There was clear from the way the Mercere spoke that he was quite concerned about his apprentice and glad that she had spoken, had shown some sort of reaction.
"I am grateful to see any life in her at all is a relief."
Gregario said but from the look in his eyes he was as pained as his unfortunate apprentice, there was just something in him that drove him onward and kept him from drawing into himself and shutting the world out.

"Ah, forgive me but I was told you haven't had anything to eat yet. I was going to make up some oatmeal. I don't know if we've had time to get some food stores for you..."

"We have plenty of food in our refrigerator Mr Roth Hicks...Mr ehm...Wainwright graciously provided for us, but I hear that there are a common room here and I anted to take Susannah down there to eat, she needs to see other people and surroundings but she get nervous in crowds and also I fear that the members of this Chantry might loose their apatite if their saw us so I wanted to wait until most of the others where done eating."
The Mercere explained.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I've worn this face for almost a quarter of a century; I am quite to terms with the fact that these scars won't heal, and that they rather resemble Robert De Niro in that Frankenstein movie. To be honest, I far prefer that to 'indescribable', as far as my visible injuries go."

"Well I will not lie and say I have not noticed your scars Mr Wainwright, I just meant that I do not think your visage will scare our guests."
Dion said and seamed to struggle with how to say thing in a as polite a way as possible.

He sat down on the chair and started drawing up some of the sigils and glyphs from the corridor, and once those were satisfactory, turned the page and started drawing Dion's portrait, trying to catch a good angle.

Dion smiles a little, she had been reading a book on her phone but put it in her lap and glanced over at you.
"You seam to be quite a talented artist Mr Wainwright."
Dion said politely.
"I have never been good at drawing myself, I can knit and sew but draw no, it just end up looking like blobs."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Colin smiled enigmatically, "People are always frightened, on some level, when they see a reminder of mortality... For Sleepers, in particular, seeing someone's scars from grievous bodily harm can cause that sort of unease, rather comparable to the unease of, well, a Mage seeing a former Mage. There's just something that resonates with the fear of 'that could happen to me, too' in everyone, and I'll freely admit it is one of the most unpleasant feelings there is."
He glanced down at the sketchbook again, at the portrait, "I work as a silversmith, you know - I feel quite certain in claiming the title of Artisan - but I suspect I could not claim the title of Artist. As much as I can create quite pretty things in metal, stone and even wood, or accurately depict assorted images with pen and paper, I'm afraid I rely too much on rote techniques to quite qualify. My works may never end up in an art gallery, but they might wind up in a museum in a few hundred years. Nevertheless..." He held up the sketch so Dion could see it clearly, "I think it is a rather good likeness, don't you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:48 pm

The doll like woman still stared out into nothing, she said noting more but she made the symbols with her hands, those would have been the most known to her, and once she had commanded fire with them, now they where nothing but a reminder but her hands formed the symbols and signs non the less, then they fell down at her side limply and she continued to stare into nothing, her very existence to painful for her to face.

He watched quietly as her fingers danced and then nodded again to her, before looking back to Micah as he spoke.

"Well there have been a long time Mr Roth Hicks until she have shown that much of a reaction to anyone." There was clear from the way the Mercere spoke that he was quite concerned about his apprentice and glad that she had spoken, had shown some sort of reaction. "I am grateful to see any life in her at all is a relief."

"I will explain as soon as I can, time however is very short and there is much to do though I would like to be able to spend proper time with you soon."

"We have plenty of food in our refrigerator Mr Roth Hicks...Mr ehm...Wainwright graciously provided for us, but I hear that there are a common room here and I anted to take Susannah down there to eat, she needs to see other people and surroundings but she get nervous in crowds and also I fear that the members of this Chantry might loose their apatite if their saw us so I wanted to wait until most of the others where done eating."

"I see, good I'm glad that you've got some provisions on hand. Your fridge is probably better stocked than mine at the moment," he said with a bit of a wry smile. "Well, if you'll all forgive me there are duties I must attend to now," he said in an apologetic tone, sounding as if he wished he could stay a bit longer. "Enjoy your meal." He gave them all a nod of his head and then headed upstairs to see if the Danbrocks needed something to eat and see if Colin was available.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled enigmatically, "People are always frightened, on some level, when they see a reminder of mortality... For Sleepers, in particular, seeing someone's scars from grievous bodily harm can cause that sort of unease, rather comparable to the unease of, well, a Mage seeing a former Mage. There's just something that resonates with the fear of 'that could happen to me, too' in everyone, and I'll freely admit it is one of the most unpleasant feelings there is."

"Former mage one do not just stop being a...oh that is what you mean yes...well I must admit knowing we have two of them visiting the Chantry do...well that do make me uneasy."
Dion said and swallowed hard.
"Not that it is their fault poor things...I do see your point Mr Wainwright, however I do think it is important to fight such a reaction and meet others with respect, even if they might make you uneasy."
The Chorister said and gave a small, smile.

He glanced down at the sketchbook again, at the portrait, "I work as a silversmith, you know - I feel quite certain in claiming the title of Artisan - but I suspect I could not claim the title of Artist. As much as I can create quite pretty things in metal, stone and even wood, or accurately depict assorted images with pen and paper, I'm afraid I rely too much on rote techniques to quite qualify.

"Ah yes you run the little shot right down the street is not that so Mr Wainwright? Well I am afraid I do not know enough about art to argue what qualify or not, I just see if I like something and then leave it at that."
The young woman said and grinned.

My works may never end up in an art gallery, but they might wind up in a museum in a few hundred years. Nevertheless..." He held up the sketch so Dion could see it clearly, "I think it is a rather good likeness, don't you?"

Dion took the drawing and looked at it.
"Yes it certainly is. Like I said Mr Wainwright, you certainly are talented."
The Chorister said and handed the sketchbook back to you.
"A very good likeness indeed, though you might do me to much justice with your pencils."

Adley:

"I will explain as soon as I can, time however is very short and there is much to do though I would like to be able to spend proper time with you soon."

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks I understand that I and my apprentice have arrived under a sort of a crisis situation, please do not let us keep you from your duties, we can speak when time allows."
Micah said politely.

"I see, good I'm glad that you've got some provisions on hand. Your fridge is probably better stocked than mine at the moment," he said with a bit of a wry smile.

"We have everything we need...Mr Roth Hicks, thank you."
The Mercere said and he returned the smile but it never touched his eyes which remained dark and sorrowful.

"Well, if you'll all forgive me there are duties I must attend to now," he said in an apologetic tone, sounding as if he wished he could stay a bit longer. "Enjoy your meal." He gave them all a nod of his head and then headed upstairs to see if the Danbrocks needed something to eat and see if Colin was available.

"Of course duty have to come first. It was nice to meet you Mr Roth Hicks."
Micah said and gave you a slight bow before he gently guided Susannah in the direction of the common room after he also had offered Cita a bow and she had left in the direction of Narim's office.

You get to the attic apartments and see that Colin sit outside of one of them talking with Dion Blackwell, a young Chorister you did not know very well save that she was nice and polite and that she practiced a combination of Catholicism and witchcraft. Dion gave you a nod as you walked up to the Danbrock's door, it appeared as if Colin had amused her by drawing a picture of her in his sketchbook.
"Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright said you would be coming as well. Like I said to him I think our guests are just done with their breakfast. It is that door there, number A2. I will be out here if you need anything."
Dion said to you and pointed to the correct door with a long, thin finger.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next