Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Colin smirked a little, "It's rather funny, though - it's mainly adults who react with that sort of fear and revulsion. Children are far more likely to ask what happened, often in a rather charmingly blunt manner, only to be shushed by their parents... It is less often than I should like that I get to explain to a child how I was badly injured in a war, but that I'm better now - parents seem oddly reluctant to accept that someone with my injuries could ever consider themselves 'better'. To paraphrase a nine-year-old girl who came with her mother to my shop for a bracelet, 'adults are silly.' And yes, my shop is the one down around the corner; you really should drop by and have a look some time."
He smiled and gently plucked the page out of the book, "If you like, you can keep the sketch. It is finished, and I know some of us have concerns with, hm, stray images; while I would do nothing with it, I would still feel some responsibility if it was stolen from me and used for, ah, untoward purposes."
As Adley approached, he rose and tucked the sketchbook back under his arm, and pocketed the pen, "Ah, Adley, there you are... I'm afraid our guests were not in their apartment, so I could not pass along the message. Did you perchance see them on your way?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:11 pm

He watched the Mercere go for a moment, then shook his head a little at the memories, so they settled back into place. Once upstairs, he nodded to Colin and Mrs Blackwell as he saw them in the hall. "Mrs Blackwell, good evening. Thank you for your assistance," he said to the Chorister, noting the picture she had in her possession. Then he said to Colin, "I hope I did not keep you long. Yes, as a matter of fact I did see them. I said hello and passed on the message; they were on their way down to supper. Thank you though for trying. Let's see how the Danbrocks are doing, shall we?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:01 pm

Colin nodded and gestured, "After you, then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Colin smirked a little, "It's rather funny, though - it's mainly adults who react with that sort of fear and revulsion. Children are far more likely to ask what happened, often in a rather charmingly blunt manner, only to be shushed by their parents... It is less often than I should like that I get to explain to a child how I was badly injured in a war, but that I'm better now - parents seem oddly reluctant to accept that someone with my injuries could ever consider themselves 'better'. To paraphrase a nine-year-old girl who came with her mother to my shop for a bracelet, 'adults are silly.'

"Yes I guess adults are indeed silly."
Dion said and nodded.
"I guess that for me I would not want to rip open any bad memories by asking someone what happened if they had a scar or some other form on injury. But perhaps the silence and trying to ignore what is there is a worse reminder than if one had asked."
The Chorister asked tentatively.

And yes, my shop is the one down around the corner; you really should drop by and have a look some time."

"I will do that Mr Wainwright."
Dion agreed and smiles.

He smiled and gently plucked the page out of the book, "If you like, you can keep the sketch. It is finished, and I know some of us have concerns with, hm, stray images; while I would do nothing with it, I would still feel some responsibility if it was stolen from me and used for, ah, untoward purposes."

Dion smiles and took the drawing.
"Thank you that is most kind of you. Well yes my path do use images as a link to a target or a correspondence if you will, but then, in this day and age keeping ones image from getting where everyone can get at it is not easy. I appreciate the drawing though."
The young woman said.

"Mrs Blackwell, good evening. Thank you for your assistance," he said to the Chorister, noting the picture she had in her possession.

"No need to thank me I was asked to keep an eye on Mr and Mrs Danbrock, it is my job for the moment and pointing out their room really is no trouble Mr Roth Hicks."
Dion said in a polite tone of voice.
"And yes good morning."

Once you knock on the door to the Danbrock's apartment it is Marie who opens, the woman had a concerned look in her eyes but she gave you both a polite nod.
"Mr Roth Hicks...and ehm...I do not believe we have met."
The true believer said to Colin. Marie Danbrock was a robust woman in her middle forties, she was pretty with brown hair, intelligent dark eyes and wearing a pair of jeans and a blue floral print blouse, the woman held out her hand towards Colin politely, her eyes wandering over his scars for a moment but she said nothing.
"I am Marie Danbrock."
She said, her voice was measured but polite, she did not yet know what to think about the mages she was currently the guest of.

From within the room there was the sound of footsteps and a tall man who was pretty far on the plump side stepped up next to his wife. This man had hair the same shade of red as his son, and his eyes where bright green. Mr Danbrok looked somewhat plain with short, well kept hair, a face with a strong nose and sharp lips and wearing a shirt and pressed pants. The man was holding a hand over his left side and limped as he walked, yes he had been healed to the point where he was mostly fine, but Ingmar Rush did not have the same degree of skill at it as Amadeus Nassa and had not managed to heal all the man's wounds from his unfortunate encounter with Lisa Larson.
"Hum...so you are the one who talked my son into surrendering."
The hedge wizard said and his green eyes rested on Adley.
"Have he been harmed?"
The man asked sharply.
"Is he still...intact?"
He asked and his eyes left Adley's and worry for his child shone in his gaze, he was clearly worried that these Traditionalist had done to his son what the Traditions usually did to widderslainte.

(OOC: It is still morning, if Adley and Jeffry got back to Steelhaven at oh half past six or so, then there have been some running around so let us say that the time is about nine or ten in the morning now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Colin bowed briefly, then firmly, gently shook Marie's hand, "A pleasure to meet you, Madame. I am Colin Wainwright, a colleague of Mr. Roth Hicks here."
He smiled as she glanced at his scars, "An old souvenir from Desert Storm, I'm afraid - I learned the hard way that headbutting a Stinger missile can be hazardous to one's health and good looks. No matter..."
He glanced over at Danbrock Senior, "Your son is a fine young man, and remains unscathed, though unfortunately under lock and key. He is presently enjoying a new book or two, I believe. My compliments for how well he's turning out."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Colin bowed briefly, then firmly, gently shook Marie's hand, "A pleasure to meet you, Madame. I am Colin Wainwright, a colleague of Mr. Roth Hicks here."

"It is nice to meet you Mr Wainwright."
Marie said in a polite but measured tone of voice.

He smiled as she glanced at his scars, "An old souvenir from Desert Storm, I'm afraid - I learned the hard way that headbutting a Stinger missile can be hazardous to one's health and good looks. No matter..."

"I am sorry, I did not mean to stare."
Marie said and looked down a bit embarrassed.
"You are a military man then."

He glanced over at Danbrock Senior, "Your son is a fine young man, and remains unscathed, though unfortunately under lock and key. He is presently enjoying a new book or two, I believe. My compliments for how well he's turning out."

Danbrock drew a deep breath and released it in relief.
"So he have not been..."
He muttered and swallowed.
"So he is okey then? He is well? Yes he is a fine young man."
The hedge wizard said and gave a hint of a smile.
"And he do like to read."
Danbrock said and his wife joined in on the conversation.
"Have he eaten? Is he scared? Is he treated well?"
She asked in a worried tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 pm

"No need to thank me I was asked to keep an eye on Mr and Mrs Danbrock, it is my job for the moment and pointing out their room really is no trouble Mr Roth Hicks." Dion said in a polite tone of voice. "And yes good morning."

"Ah morning, yes," he corrected himself.

"Mr Roth Hicks...and ehm...I do not believe we have met." The true believer said to Colin. Marie Danbrock was a robust woman in her middle forties, she was pretty with brown hair, intelligent dark eyes and wearing a pair of jeans and a blue floral print blouse, the woman held out her hand towards Colin politely, her eyes wandering over his scars for a moment but she said nothing. "I am Marie Danbrock."
"Hum...so you are the one who talked my son into surrendering." The hedge wizard said and his green eyes rested on Adley. "Have he been harmed?" The man asked sharply. "Is he still...intact?"

"Mrs and Mr Danbrock. Raymond asked me to come and see how you were doing and to tell you that he was unharmed, and wished to know how you were faring. I am glad to see you are looking better, Mr Danbrock and will have that news to bring him with some breakfast. He will be glad to know that," He replied as mildly as he could. "We are seeing what might be done about his fate. The Chief will be along at some point when he can to explain the situation, as you know we are in something of a crisis at the moment."

// I forgot what time it was - but, you know, seeing as how he got time-bubbled, got two hours sleep and was out before dawn, a slip up isn't out of the question

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:05 pm

"So he is unharmed...but for how long?"
Mr Danbrock said, it was clear that the man was angry and from the fire in that green gaze it was clear he blamed you for his son being in danger.
"I warned Raymond every day since his magick manifested, I warned him of the Traditions, told him what would happen to him, I even taught him how to kill himself should he be cornered, and yet along comes you and he surrenders."
The hedge wizard said in a tone of voice that indicated that Adley was not his favorite person right now.
"You said what might be done about his fate? Do that mean there is a chance he will be left intact?"
Danbrock asked as his eyes fastened on Adley again.
"And what if he is not so lucky, what will become of him? He will be Gilgulled and either killed like a dog or discarded to slowly die alone? Discarded like so much trash? He is fifteen, he is a child..."
He hedge wizard said his voice sharp. Marie put her hand on her husband's arm.
"Harold."
She said softly though she to looked very worried.
"I want to see my son, I do not pretend to understand why the risk of loosing his magick is such a terrible fate, but I accept that is how it is for your kind, and I saw the fear in his eyes, please let me see him."
The true believer pleaded.
"The thought of him being thrown in some cell somewhere afraid and alone...he is my son Mr Roth Hicks..."
The woman muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 pm

Colin smiled as disarmingly as he could, "Mrs. Danbrock, it is perfectly alright if you stare a bit, I don't mind. I'd be less at ease if you were to deliberately look away. And yes, I'm an RAF veteran; haven't been on active duty in a long time, though. Raymond is a little scared, of course - any person of sound mind would be in his situation - but he seems to be coping quite well..."
He cast a glance at Adley, "...and I'm given to understand the reason he surrendered is that it's the lesser of two evils, whereby we can at least provide some security for you two, unlike what would have happened at the hands of Lisa Larson and her misanthropic lot. In their grasp, he would have been inevitably twisted and bent into a man-shaped ball of hate and decay. With us, well, you've given him moral values, raised him as a good kid; those traits will remain with him. As for why the loss of his magic like that is a terrible fate, well..."
A shadow crossed briefly across Colin's face, "It is a horrible, violent thing that I wish I would never see again. It is not merely putting a seal on his magic, the ritual involves tearing out his soul and shredding it to so small bits that it can never be mended. The fortunate victims of it feel a great hole inside them, remembering what they've lost, but still manage to cope, to function in their daily lives. The unfortunate ones... I'd rather not describe that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Adley returned Mr Danbrock's look with one that was earnest and steadfast. He couldn't blame him for thinking that he'd somehow tricked his son, but he hadn't, and they were trying to do everything he could. In the end, the boy could end up his brother, or he could still yet find himself in trouble. This conversation was probably inevitable but necessary all the same. "I understand that you are both worried, that you have reason to be and that you do not know us and that increases your concerns. But those that would have treated your boy as a dog and used him are the Nephandi that wanted to sacrifice him. Your son is very brave and I respect him for what he has done, to try to save Boston and also to put your safety above his own out of love. There is a chance, yes. But it depends on a number of factors, including in part that we are able to overcome the current Nephandi threat. Until things are settled, things must remain as they are however I will speak to the Chief."

He paused listening to Colin with an internal wince, then added, "Whatever may come Mr Danbrock I would not wish your son to be treated as you think - as trash to be discarded. He is not in a lavish room, it is true but he is not left to rot either and we hope that it is a temporary measure. Participating in saving Boston is nothing less than heroic to me and he has demonstrated resolve and courage. We need time to see what might come, and to try to maximize our best chances. And for that I ask your patience and your own courage, as we try to cope with the imminent threat the Nephandi pose."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Colin smiled as disarmingly as he could, "Mrs. Danbrock, it is perfectly alright if you stare a bit, I don't mind. I'd be less at ease if you were to deliberately look away. And yes, I'm an RAF veteran; haven't been on active duty in a long time, though.

"I can understand that Mr Wainwright. My father was a soldier back in the day."
The woman said and gave you a little smile.

Raymond is a little scared, of course - any person of sound mind would be in his situation - but he seems to be coping quite well..."

"He have always been strong Mr Wainwright but while he is outwardly calm...My son learned to put on a brave face from he was quite young he was often quite ill, it is what happens to your kind I hear when others see your magick, we nearly lost him a few times and he was often in hospitals undergoing often quite painful tests as the doctors tried to find out what was wrong, eventually he stopped crying and tried to be brave instead but...that do not mean he is not terrified."
The true believer said and she sounded quite scared for her son's well being.

He cast a glance at Adley, "...and I'm given to understand the reason he surrendered is that it's the lesser of two evils, whereby we can at least provide some security for you two, unlike what would have happened at the hands of Lisa Larson and her misanthropic lot. In their grasp, he would have been inevitably twisted and bent into a man-shaped ball of hate and decay. With us, well, you've given him moral values, raised him as a good kid; those traits will remain with him. As for why the loss of his magic like that is a terrible fate, well..."

"No parent would want their child to sacrifice themselves for them Mr Wainwright."
Marie said and sigh.
"I would much rather that he had fled and left us to whatever this Larson woman wanted to do. To think of him being hurt to protect us..."
The woman looked away.
"He should have just run."
She muttered.

A shadow crossed briefly across Colin's face, "It is a horrible, violent thing that I wish I would never see again. It is not merely putting a seal on his magic, the ritual involves tearing out his soul and shredding it to so small bits that it can never be mended.

Marie gasped and grasped her husband's arm. Harold meetly looked at Colin with that cold, green gaze of his.
"It is a fate worse than death for an Awakened mage."
He said then he to looked away.
"And that is what your damned Traditions want to do to a fifteen year old kid!"

The fortunate victims of it feel a great hole inside them, remembering what they've lost, but still manage to cope, to function in their daily lives. The unfortunate ones... I'd rather not describe that."

"Like the former mage vampires?"
Marie muttered and looked at her husband and the hedge wizard nodded grimly. Marie turned her attention back to Colin.
"If this...thing is done to Raymond Mr Wainwright, will it cause him pain?"
The true believer asked in a soft tone of voice.

"I understand that you are both worried, that you have reason to be and that you do not know us and that increases your concerns. But those that would have treated your boy as a dog and used him are the Nephandi that wanted to sacrifice him. Your son is very brave and I respect him for what he has done, to try to save Boston and also to put your safety above his own out of love.

"Being sacrificed would be a less horrible fate."
Harold Danbrock said then he sigh and he looked a little proud as you spoke of his son and what he had done.
"He is a fine boy."
The hedge wizard muttered.

There is a chance, yes. But it depends on a number of factors, including in part that we are able to overcome the current Nephandi threat. Until things are settled, things must remain as they are however I will speak to the Chief."

"I see, and this Chief, he is the leader here? Is he the Egyptian man I briefly spoke to?"

He paused and added, "Whatever may come Mr Danbrock I would not wish your son to be treated as you think - as trash to be discarded. He is not in a lavish room, it is true but he is not left to rot either and we hope that it is a temporary measure. Participating in saving Boston is nothing less than heroic to me and he has demonstrated courage and resolve."

"And what will happen if nothing an be done to save him? What will happen to him after? Will he be alone while...your people hurt him?"
The hedge wizard asked then he sigh.
"He is brave...I...I only want him to be safe, it is my only wish that my son will be safe and happy and be allowed to grow up."
He said and he now seamed less angry and more fearful for his son's safety.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:05 pm

"Being sacrificed would be a less horrible fate." Harold Danbrock said then he sigh and he looked a little proud as you spoke of his son and what he had done. "He is a fine boy."

"He wanted you both to live, whatever might happen to him. He loves you both as you love him and that matters, for all of you. He battles that darkness within him. In these last several days I have seen...and been shown that such good can reside in a widderslainte, perhaps only some, but I believe Raymond to be one of those. Being sacrificed would bring his tainted avatar to some other innocent, perhaps one that doesn't have parents like you. In any event, he did not want that to be his fate."

"I see, and this Chief, he is the leader here? Is he the Egyptian man I briefly spoke to?

"Most likely, yes."

"And what will happen if nothing an be done to save him? What will happen to him after? Will he be alone while...your people hurt him?" The hedge wizard asked then he sigh. "He is brave...I...I only want him to be safe, it is my only wish that my son will be safe and happy and be allowed to grow up." He said and he now seamed less angry and more fearful for his son's safety.

"I know. Perhaps it might surprise you but I wish for him to learn to overcome that darkness within and keep doing good works for as long as he is able to do so. I believe he has a chance." Then, he added, "If it is within my ability to do so, if the course does not go the way that we wish, I will not leave your son without dignity or alone, in fear. I will be present and I will remember. Further, I will attempt to make it record what he has sacrificed and why he has done so. However I maintain some hope in reserve. In the meantime I must ask your forbearance and cooperation, because as I said, this is not something I wish to happen to your son. For now, we need to deal with the Nephandi and I need to get your son some breakfast."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:26 pm

"He wanted you both to live, whatever might happen to him. He loves you both as you love him and that matters, for all of you. He battles that darkness within him. In these last several days I have seen...and been shown that such good can reside in a widderslainte, perhaps only some, but I believe Raymond to be one of those. Being sacrificed would bring his tainted avatar to some other innocent, perhaps one that doesn't have parents like you. In any event, he did not want that to be his fate."

Harold looked away he sigh.
"He...I guess I will have to respect his decision."
The hedge wizard said.
"I have seen mages who have been turned into vampires Mr Roth Hicks, I have seen what loosing your Avatars do to your kind...I do not want my son to experience such a loss, he do not deserve that...but if h have chosen to risk that rather than, falling into the hands of the Nephandi. I guess that...speaks of his courage."
Harold sand and he patted his wife's hand but he looked both angry and sad and very concerned for the future wellbeing of his son.

"Most likely, yes."

"Very well I will wait and speak with him but I will only be pacified for so long, Raymond is mine and Marie's son you have not right to keep him from us."

"I know. Perhaps it might surprise you but I wish for him to learn to overcome that darkness within and keep doing good works for as long as he is able to do so. I believe he has a chance." Then, he added, "If it is within my ability to do so,

"I do not think you actively want him harm Mr Roth Hicks but..."
Danbrock said then he sigh.
"I guess I have little choice but to trust you and hope that there is some hope for my son."
He muttered.

if the course does not go the way that we wish, I will not leave your son without dignity or alone, in fear. I will be present and I will remember.

Harold looks at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Thank you."
Was all he said.

Further, I will attempt to make it record what he has sacrificed and why he has done so. However I maintain some hope in reserve. In the meantime I must ask your forbearance and cooperation, because as I said, this is not something I wish to happen to your son. For now, we need to deal with the Nephandi and I need to get your son some breakfast."

"There is little I can do, I can not fight a Chantry full of mages to free him."
Harold Danbrock said then he sigh again.
"Just tell him that we love him."
He said then his wife spoke up.
"And make sure he stays warm enough he gets sick so easily I know it probably have nothing to do with him being warm or cold but I worry for him...please make sure he take care of himself."
She said and both of the Danbrocks looked rather devastated that they could not help their son.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Colin grimaced a bit, "No parent would want their child to sacrifice themselves... The thing is, if he'd fled, he would likely be caught by vampires, the Nephandi, Technocrats or a less generous group of Traditionalists. If he'd been caught by vampires, he would be dead or worse, a vampire who had lost his Avatar, much like a victim of gilgul. If he'd been caught by the Nephandi, well, he'd be used as a disposable tool to bring about the end of the world; his soul wrung and distorted, and your good son turned into a monster in every way. If he'd been caught by the Technocrats, he might be shot, or he might be fed to a machine to have his Avatar ripped out, and then be used as a mindless drone in some high-tech labour camp somewhere. Adley here finding him first might have been the greatest stroke of luck for you all; here, he has possibly the best chance of coming through without a scratch, physically or metaphysically."
He paused for a moment, "...Adley, I just thought of something. I need to have a few carefully chosen words with Diego; would you care to accompany me? Er, Mr. and Mrs. Danbrock, we will pass your message along to Raymond; I'm not of high enough rank to make a promise about this, but I can have a word with the Chief about arranging a visit... under guard, of course, as a necessary precaution."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:07 am

"I have seen mages who have been turned into vampires Mr Roth Hicks, I have seen what loosing your Avatars do to your kind...I do not want my son to experience such a loss, he do not deserve that...but if h have chosen to risk that rather than, falling into the hands of the Nephandi. I guess that...speaks of his courage."

"It does. And that has not gone unnoticed."

"Very well I will wait and speak with him but I will only be pacified for so long, Raymond is mine and Marie's son you have not right to keep him from us."

"Your son has come here under his own volition and we have brought you here for reasons that do involve your own safety as well," he said. "I don't wish to keep you parted out of any sense of malice, however and I understand that you would want to be together again as soon as it can be arranged."

Harold Danbrock said then he sigh again. "Just tell him that we love him." He said then his wife spoke up."And make sure he stays warm enough he gets sick so easily I know it probably have nothing to do with him being warm or cold but I worry for him...please make sure he take care of himself."

"I will tell him that, certainly. He will be glad to know that you are both alright."

He paused for a moment, "...Adley, I just thought of something. I need to have a few carefully chosen words with Diego; would you care to accompany me? Er, Mr. and Mrs. Danbrock, we will pass your message along to Raymond; I'm not of high enough rank to make a promise about this, but I can have a word with the Chief about arranging a visit... under guard, of course, as a necessary precaution."

Adley raised an eyebrow at Colin then gave him a look, then nodded to him at his question, more to say that he acknowledged it than to give assent. He turned back to the parents. "If you'll excuse us...someone will come to give you an update when we can, once our crisis is dealth with; until then I must attend to my duties, pardon. I will pass on your messages to your son."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 am

Colin gave the Danbrocks a quick bow, and stepped outside the apartment, waiting for Adley to come outside to debate the notion.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:59 am

Great, i'm going to bring her in in three hours, i think. Another thing... What did you need Coawa for? We found a poor werespider hurted by the fomorian that helps the nephandi, so he's taking care of her until she can talk and tell us about the fomorian, so bringing him might be a little problem. If it's important i'll ask him, though.

OOC: i'd like to buy Intelligence 2 and a little/lot of medicine. How much XP do i have?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 am

Adey and Colin:

Colin grimaced a bit, "No parent would want their child to sacrifice themselves... The thing is, if he'd fled, he would likely be caught by vampires, the Nephandi, Technocrats or a less generous group of Traditionalists. If he'd been caught by vampires, he would be dead or worse, a vampire who had lost his Avatar, much like a victim of gilgul.

Harold Danbrock's eyes narrowed at the mention of vampires, this was clearly a hot button with him.
"You do not have to tell me what being turned into a vampire do to a mage Mr Wainwright, I have seen it..."
He muttered his green eyes dark with anger.

If he'd been caught by the Nephandi, well, he'd be used as a disposable tool to bring about the end of the world; his soul wrung and distorted, and your good son turned into a monster in every way. If he'd been caught by the Technocrats, he might be shot, or he might be fed to a machine to have his Avatar ripped out, and then be used as a mindless drone in some high-tech labour camp somewhere. Adley here finding him first might have been the greatest stroke of luck for you all; here, he has possibly the best chance of coming through without a scratch, physically or metaphysically."

"I wish my son would not be caught by any of these, or if he where to run into one of the Factions that he would be killed by the Union but as it is, well if you re telling the truth then he is at least not being mistreated and there is a chance he will survive intact and then that is all we can hope for now."
The hedge wizard said, he was not quite ready to give up on the anger he felt towards Adley.

Er, Mr. and Mrs. Danbrock, we will pass your message along to Raymond; I'm not of high enough rank to make a promise about this, but I can have a word with the Chief about arranging a visit... under guard, of course, as a necessary precaution."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Marie said.
"I do not care if a visit is under guard as long as I get to see that he is safe and unharmed."
The true believer continued.
"Just be kind to him, please."

"It does. And that has not gone unnoticed."

Harold nodded he gave another small smile, he was proud of his son.

"Your son has come here under his own volition and we have brought you here for reasons that do involve your own safety as well," he said. "I don't wish to keep you parted out of any sense of malice, however and I understand that you would want to be together again as soon as it can be arranged."

"What that means my dear if we translate it into something more directly is that they fear I will snap Raymond's neck rather than let him stay in Traditionalist captivity, or use my magic that they do not know the extent of and grab him and run."
Harold told his wife as he eyed you, then he addressed you instead.
"Will you allow my wife to see Raymond at least, she have no powers to grab him and run, and if not in person then at least let us call him or see him over skype or anything, so we can see that he is alright."

"I will tell him that, certainly. He will be glad to know that you are both alright."

Maria gave you a slight, worried smile.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
She said politely.

"If you'll excuse us...someone will come to give you an update when we can, once our crisis is dealth with; until then I must attend to my duties, pardon. I will pass on your messages to your son."

Harold just nodded he sent you a lock that told you that if anything here to happen to Raymond you would have one very pissed of hedge wizard to deal with. Marie however nodded and sigh.
"I understand, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright, thank you both for telling us that our son is alright."
The true believer said then she added.
"Good day."

Tane:

Great, i'm going to bring her in in three hours, i think.

"Very well, I will see her then."
Jeffry said and nodded.

Another thing... What did you need Coawa for? We found a poor werespider hurted by the fomorian that helps the nephandi, so he's taking care of her until she can talk and tell us about the fomorian, so bringing him might be a little problem. If it's important i'll ask him, though.

"We have found another widderslainte a boy of 15. I wanted to see if your wereshark friend where able to detect him as well, if he can really detect the Fallen at a glance, as that would be most useful, so no it was not extremely important."
The old mage said then he raised an eyebrow.
"Were...spider? Those exist as well? Hum...well wherever I can get information from is fine by me."
The war mage said and nodded.

(OOC you have 11 exp if you have not used any yet. Intelligence is fine, but have Tane used medicine in any way in the game, or bee studying it? I do not know what degree of it you see to buy up but I usually prefer that at least higher levels of abilities have some story component to how they are learned, or that they are studied from books in downtime in some way. This is to avoid a character magickally if you pardon the pun, getting better at something they have never practiced just because points are spent on it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:31 am

"What that means my dear if we translate it into something more directly is that they fear I will snap Raymond's neck rather than let him stay in Traditionalist captivity, or use my magic that they do not know the extent of and grab him and run."Harold told his wife as he eyed you, then he addressed you instead.

"You will kindly not put words in my mouth again, sir. I will not lie that what you said is of no concern but given that his wishes were that you both were given protection, we are doing the best that we are able to provide such under the circumstances we find ourselves. As Mr Wainwright has said, we will discuss options for meeting again when we are able."

Harold just nodded he sent you a lock that told you that if anything here to happen to Raymond you would have one very pissed of hedge wizard to deal with. Marie however nodded and sigh. "I understand, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright, thank you both for telling us that our son is alright." The true believer said then she added. "Good day."

Adley looked back at him, feeling a spike in frustration that he was being targeted while trying to help Raymond. It wasn't that he didn't understand why but it sure as hell did not make things any easier.  "Excuse us," he said plainly, and headed out into the hallway, shutting the door behind him. He didn't say anything as he headed down the hallway towards his apartment, save to give thanks to Mrs Dion and let her know they were through speaking with them, getting a hold of his temper.

Colin gave the Danbrocks a quick bow, and stepped outside the apartment, waiting for Adley to come outside to debate the notion

"That went better than I thought it would, actually," he finally said with a frustrated sigh, as he stood at his door and opened it for Colin. "Thank you for coming with me though I do wish you hadn't scared the shit out of Mrs Danbrock with your avid descriptions, the poor woman." He paused then added, "I did not wish the Danbrocks to have more information they needed to about our other guests. If they -should- run away, for some reason, let's say we don't want them leaving with more than could have been prevented by a guarded tongue." He went over towards the kitchen to fill a pot with some water. "Why do you want to go back to visit that man, haven't you learned enough foul language to put a sailor to shame?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:57 am

Ah, ok, then i can assure you he can. He smels it like a hound, and sharks have real good noses. He said happily. The guy could, maybe, want Coawa to come anyways, but it was not urgent so his endeavors might have not be disturbed.
They're rare, but this one might tell us something about the Fomorian and, by addition, about the nephandi. IF it recovers, it might even help us to fight them, so i might have an ally and a lead. Al depends on the next few hours. If it doesn't make it, i'll bring in the corpse to perform a divination and see what we can get.

OOC: 11PX
-4PX to Intelligence from 1 to 2 (Tane's will start remembering things!)
I want to get Medicine 2 (that'd be -5PX, leaving me in 2PX). I understand your point, but to me he should have some more dots. Everyone should. But the thing is, you don't always remember it or you don't have the practice to perform it. Now Tane is taking care of many wounded and is trying to learn avatar healing techniques, so he'll make an effort to learn medicine or he'll try to remember.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:29 am

Adley:

"You will kindly not put words in my mouth again, sir. I will not lie that what you said is of no concern but given that his wishes were that you both were given protection, we are doing the best that we are able to provide such under the circumstances we find ourselves. As Mr Wainwright has said, we will discuss options for meeting again when we are able."

Harold Danbrock gave you a even look then after a while he sigh.
"Very well Mr Roth Hicks."
He said but his tone was sharp, he did not trust you, nor like you and he saw you as a danger to his son, that much was clear.

Adley looked back at him, feeling a spike in frustration that he was being targeted while trying to help Raymond. It wasn't that he didn't understand why but it sure as hell did not make things any easier. "Excuse us," he said plainly, and headed out into the hallway, shutting the door behind him. He didn't say anything as he headed down the hallway towards his apartment, save to give thanks to Mrs Dion and let her know they were through speaking with them, getting a hold of his temper.

The hedge wizard's glare lingered until you closed the door behind you and Colin, you where the one who had talked Raymond into surrendering and Harold Danbrock did not like that, he did not like it one bit. Dion however gave you both a smile and a polite nod as you thanked her and left.

Tane:

Ah, ok, then i can assure you he can. He smels it like a hound, and sharks have real good noses. He said happily. The guy could, maybe, want Coawa to come anyways, but it was not urgent so his endeavors might have not be disturbed.

"Interesting, most interesting, such a man is useful to us."
The Chief said.
"Yes like I said there is no rush he can come by when he have the time."

They're rare, but this one might tell us something about the Fomorian and, by addition, about the nephandi. IF it recovers, it might even help us to fight them, so i might have an ally and a lead. Al depends on the next few hours. If it doesn't make it, i'll bring in the corpse to perform a divination and see what we can get.

"Very well, that do sound like a plan. Do you need the assistance of a healer? I am not sure any of our healers are familiar with shape shifters, but life is life and one should be able to help."
Jeffry Morgan offered.

(OOC: So you are thinking that since he have been working so much with sick patients in the past it is a skill he should already have had? Sure I will allow that since it have not come up in game yet. Very well one dot more in int and 2 dots in Medicine you can put that on Tane's character sheet.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:52 am

Colin nodded to Adley, and lowered his voice, "I agree, I'd rather not have scared Mrs. Danbrock like that - however, I think listing those options like that might have helped her come a little better to terms with what Raymond was risking by not coming here. That might help her calm her husband, as well. And as for our other guests, that's why I just said Diego, trying to avoid implying anything about his status here."
He cleared his throat and gave a small, slightly wicked smile, "As for our topically verbose friend, I just realized I have something that might get under his skin... He did not seem to cherish the idea of being left alive after having his Avatar removed. I could imply we can arrange a trade with the Union - seems like their version of the rite is more likely to leave the victim somewhat functional, and they're liable to make examples and turn them into menial labourers. And I know precisely the Technocrat to whom to refer in that regard... Besides, I think the reminder of one more person he and his stooges failed to kill might sting a little."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Ok, i'll tell him. He settled the matter.

According to Miss Day Spidergirl needs blood as a vampire, and that's it. I'll give you a call if i need a healer, but mister Narim has already given me some numbers. I'm trying to get her some animals first, and if that doesn't help, i'll give you a call. tane said with a smirk. At least theese people was wanting to help.

Is there anything i can do for you other than let you sleep these 3 hours? He looked like crap.

OOC: If you look to the guides where every level of every skill is detailed, medicine 1 it's something like knowing you shouldn't tourniquet a neck to stop a nose bleed and medicine 2 is something like you know how to RCP and the Haimlich maneuver. It's normal then that almost everyone knows one or two dots in everything. Third level might need something like a express course and levels 4 and 5 are university levels (fourth is just a diploma and 5th it's a great promedy in your PhD)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Tane:

Ok, i'll tell him. He settled the matter.

"Good thank you Mr Karyak."

According to Miss Day Spidergirl needs blood as a vampire, and that's it. I'll give you a call if i need a healer, but mister Narim has already given me some numbers. I'm trying to get her some animals first, and if that doesn't help, i'll give you a call. tane said with a smirk. At least theese people was wanting to help.

"They drink blood do they these werespiders, interesting, let us hope it is only their diet that are similar to vampire and that they do not have other qualities in common with them, but just in case do keep your wits about you and be careful. But yes do give someone at the Chantry a call if you need more help."

Is there anything i can do for you other than let you sleep these 3 hours? He looked like crap.

"There will unfortunately be little time to sleep, but no I do not think there is anything you can help me with right now Mr Karyak."
Jeffry said and gave a bit of a wry smile.
"Thank you for asking though."

(OOC: I have always found the skills to be very poorly described, like technology 1 being you an change the batteries in a remote, no you an do that without buying up the skill. I tend to go by the overview description instead which is this, 1 dot mean you are a rank beginner in something meaning that for medicine that mean you have taken a first aid class. 2 dots mean you are a amateur at something so for medicine that means you you are like a boy scout leader or life guard or just someone who keep up to date with first aid classes. Three dots mean you are a skilled amateur or lesser professional, so for medicine that means you have the skills of a ambulance driver or a nurse. Four dots mean you are a skilled professional so or medicine that means you have the level of skill of a fully trained doctor. Five dots mean you are in the world class of something so for medicine that means you are a world class surgeon or a expert in the field in some way.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Colin nodded to Adley, and lowered his voice, "I agree, I'd rather not have scared Mrs. Danbrock like that - however, I think listing those options like that might have helped her come a little better to terms with what Raymond was risking by not coming here. That might help her calm her husband, as well. And as for our other guests, that's why I just said Diego, trying to avoid implying anything about his status here."

"Unfortunately, he also risks that -by- coming here Colin, rather than having run off when he had the chance. For all we know they're plotting some way to get their kid out of here as we speak and I could hardly blame them. As for calming Mr Danbrock, given the way he was eyeing me for target practise, I don't think it worked. Good try though. But yes, why do you want to speak to Diego? I'd rather avoid more descriptions of my genitals being so ill-used...plus there are some other things I'd like to do." He took the scraps of paper that he'd collected and kept the ones he needed and then burnt the rest in a separate pot. Having Nico's had come in handy but it was also best not to start a collection. Then he pulled down some raisins and a canister of oatmeal.

He cleared his throat and gave a small, slightly wicked smile, "As for our topically verbose friend, I just realized I have something that might get under his skin... He did not seem to cherish the idea of being left alive after having his Avatar removed. I could imply we can arrange a trade with the Union - seems like their version of the rite is more likely to leave the victim somewhat functional, and they're liable to make examples and turn them into menial labourers. And I know precisely the Technocrat to whom to refer in that regard... Besides, I think the reminder of one more person he and his stooges failed to kill might sting a little."

"Who would? Even a Nephandi would not...I don't know about trading him off to the Union. My pater will not like it and it seems more trouble to transport him. I wouldn't count on any of them doing us any favours, if you're thinking of the one that spared my life I got lucky. But I suppose that is why you said 'imply'..." He rubbed the back of his hand across his eyes and tipped the oatmeal flakes into the water. "Colin...I want to tell you something, though I can't tell you the full circumstances." He glanced at him and then back to what he was doing. "I know Susanna. I've met her before but I didn't know that was whom we were speaking about. It's hard enough knowing what happened to her, that she was from my House...but now it's personal. I owe her. It doesn't seem she recognizes me exactly. Though she did speak to me. I haven't told them yet but I will."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next