Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 8 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:14 pm

"He lived in my Labyrinth so off course I knew him just like you know those who live in your Chantry such places are usually rather close knit communities but he was not the one I spent the most amount of time with, why where you wondering?"
Siege said and raised an eyebrow.

"You had a grim look on your face when you talked about that unique brand of justice. Just wondering if that guy was a friend of yours." Serge explained.

"We do have common rooms and yes we sleep in our quarters, like I said kid we get used to it after a while and then it is comforting in a way to know the whole Labyrinth is alive."
The Nephandus said and smiled.

"Yeahhhhh, I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. Just sounds like an easy way for leaders to watch you constantly."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 8 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

"Well Kyle is not large he is only a fifteen year old boy, but there might not be much other choices, I think I might be able to pull off a dampening circle but I am not sure...perhaps Master Steelhaven can, the serum is more secure though."
Jeffry said.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, you've got a little time to debate the options with yourself."

"The boy's father would gladly kill every last one of us if he thought he could get away with it and by that getting his son away from us and the potential for Gilgul...he would do so, having him guard the kid is like having the fox guard the hen house I might as well release him early if the only option is his father."
He shrugged, "He was quite able to put a temporary seal on Mr. Bergen's powers - it would not require his presence any longer than he would need to cast that barrier. I'm given to understand it was his preferred method of keeping the boy from lashing out in fits of rage and the like."

"Very well as long as you find some other way to restrain her for when you are not there to guard her, the child is a Nephanda it will take time for me to trust her, if you other way can be found the serum have to be used though Mr Wainwright, it is then either that or sending her to Horizon, but I do hope you can find some other way to restrain her magick do not not wish any ill on the child."
He nodded, "Of course, Sir. I have a couple of items that should serve quite adequately in mind - I will go into further detail when we're back."

"I will do so though with Master O'Conner she is enough fae blooded that thanking her directly might be taken the wrong way, I will tell her you appreciate her support."
The old war mage agreed.
He nodded, "You've got more experience with her than I do; I'm sure you'll find the proper way to phrase it."

"I see very well thank you I will let the other Deacons know about the date you have seen then Mr Wainwright and congratulation, I will indeed let my little candle loving friends know."
The Hermetic said and he sounded rather amused.
He smiled wryly, "Oh, dear, I just realized I will get to see my Cabalmate's little friends, too, at last - that's probably going to take some getting used to, too... Can't seem to unsee them..."

"Ah...Nurse Bosh happened...she seam to happen allot."
Crexia said and she looked rather irritated.
"I will help you fill out a complaint...do me a favor and be careful in talking about this case with Chief Joakim though...there have been some...issues with Nurse Bosh and young Thomas, I do not know if you know of the boy's tragic circumstances but he is understandable sensitive to all medical...procedures and a little situation arose...well and the Chief is understandably protective of his student."
The old Tytalus mutter.
"The way she scared the apprentices I am sure she will be beloved of many by the time they are trained magi, but yes for profit medical care often go very wrong and this nation is a shining example of that. Union practices indeed."
He nodded, "Duly noted... No, I don't think I will be discussing the matter with all that many people, once it is filed. After that... the wheels of justice will turn without much further help from me, I expect."

"Not much with a few drops, there will be a mild arcone connection between us for a while making it easier for each of us to cast magick on the other but nothing so severe that it would affect security at each other's Chantries. You might feel a bit more analytical I suppose, a little bit more static beyond that I do not think much would happen, for a bigger transfusion though there might be more...effects."
He nodded, "A little closer to myself, perhaps. Hm; doesn't sound like lingering effects to worry much about, then - nothing that sounds contrary to myself, in any case."

((OOC: Well, so long as it's not physically scatterbrained, I'm sure you'll be fine. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Serge:

"You had a grim look on your face when you talked about that unique brand of justice. Just wondering if that guy was a friend of yours." Serge explained"

"No he was not a friend directly but I do not enjoy such displays of brutality. I think it hurts our cause and is unnecessary, it would have been enough to simply expel the apprentice from the Labyrinth, perhaps wipe her mind, the teacher would loose his student and all the work he had put down in her and we would still have one more powerful mage in our Labyrinth, killing our own should not happen other in the most extreme of cases."
Siege grumbled.

He shrugged, "He was quite able to put a temporary seal on Mr. Bergen's powers - it would not require his presence any longer than he would need to cast that barrier. I'm given to understand it was his preferred method of keeping the boy from lashing out in fits of rage and the like."

"I then take it Mr Wainwright that you know and understand every aspect of this man's magic, and know for a fact that once he have cast a spell or bound someone's powers he no longer have any sort of control or knowledge of that working and are unable to end it or change it in any way, it is now completely it's own entity separate from it's caster? Sure that may be so, but do you know this to be the case?"
Jeffry asked sharply.
"That our guest have used his powers to restrain his son from doing harm in the past and that he is able to do so is one thing, but that do not mean he will not drop that control if he see any chance that Kyle can escape and get away from the Traditions, after all while I am giving the boy a chance his Avatar is still in danger. Restraining his powers to enact discipline in the home and restraining his powers so the Traditions can continue to keep the boy captive that is something else. I have no doubt the gentleman is able to restrain Kyle's magick I am saying I do not trust the man as far as I can throw him when it comes to his son."

He nodded, "Of course, Sir. I have a couple of items that should serve quite adequately in mind - I will go into further detail when we're back."

"Very well I will listen to your idea when you return, though off course whatever or not I will accept them is if I consider them to be reliable enough to keep the Chantry safe."

He nodded, "You've got more experience with her than I do; I'm sure you'll find the proper way to phrase it."

"I will do my best to figure it out, not that Master O'Connor is always the easiest woman to communicate with."

He smiled wryly, "Oh, dear, I just realized I will get to see my Cabalmate's little friends, too, at last - that's probably going to take some getting used to, too... Can't seem to unsee them..."

"You are unable to unsee the spirits? Now then that sounds like a problem."
Jeffry said and he sounded concerned.

He nodded, "Duly noted... No, I don't think I will be discussing the matter with all that many people, once it is filed. After that... the wheels of justice will turn without much further help from me, I expect."

Crexia nodded.
"Good, as for the wheels of justice, I do hope you do not expect to much Mr Wainwright, at best Miss Bosh is guilty of a minor account of disrespect, you are taking the girl in question on as your apprentice yes but for now her status is prisoner and Miss Bosh can defend herself with having the best of intentions and acting in accordance with current standards in her profession, she might be given a formal reprimand before the Deacon Council but I doubt it will be much more than that. Now do not get me wrong I do not like those standards and I do not agree with Miss Bosh's actions however I am saying that by legal standards she is not guilty of much."
The archmage informed.

He nodded, "A little closer to myself, perhaps. Hm; doesn't sound like lingering effects to worry much about, then - nothing that sounds contrary to myself, in any case."

"There will be no more effects than if you where to donate blood or receive a blood transfusion, a temporary arcane connections but little else."
Crexia said then she stood.
"Perhaps I should get that basket of supplies that Mirri have prepared and make a room suitable for the time bubble ready while you all finish your meal?"
The old Tytalus suggested.

(OOC: No that would be bad.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm

"No he was not a friend directly but I do not enjoy such displays of brutality. I think it hurts our cause and is unnecessary, it would have been enough to simply expel the apprentice from the Labyrinth, perhaps wipe her mind, the teacher would loose his student and all the work he had put down in her and we would still have one more powerful mage in our Labyrinth, killing our own should not happen other in the most extreme of cases."
Siege grumbled.

"Your a good man Siege. Our job would be a lot harder if you were in charge." Serge said. "Do you ever get that feeling? That maybe you could lead the Nephandi better that your current leader? Or are you happier as a foot soldier?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 pm

"I am no leader, nor do I wish to be, there are things I disagree with my leaders on and times I wish someone else with other ideas took over but it should not be me, it have little to do with where I am happier it is that I do not know how to lead nor do I have the age, power or experience so no I should not lead the Labyrinth I do assume this is some ploy to play to my ego, get me on a power trip and then get me to betray the Labyrinth since I should be the leader, insert evil laughter here, sorry kid I don't think that really works outside of TV for even if I had aspirations of leadership betraying my Labyrinth would do me no good in achieving that goal."
Siege said and gave you a skeptical look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:39 pm

"I am no leader, nor do I wish to be, there are things I disagree with my leaders on and times I wish someone else with other ideas took over but it should not be me, it have little to do with where I am happier it is that I do not know how to lead nor do I have the age, power or experience so no I should not lead the Labyrinth I do assume this is some ploy to play to my ego, get me on a power trip and then get me to betray the Labyrinth since I should be the leader, insert evil laughter here, sorry kid I don't think that really works outside of TV for even if I had aspirations of leadership betraying my Labyrinth would do me no good in achieving that goal."
Siege said and gave you a skeptical look.

"Don't worry, you've made it perfectly clear that your not going to be betraying anybody anytime soon. It didn't actually cross my mind to try and play off your ego or get you on a power trip..." Serge said with a grin. "Now I'm kinda sad that I didn't think of it earlier. I would've felt so cool if it worked."

Stretching his arms slightly Serge yawned and said, "I'm just trying to figure out what kind of person you are. Your not what I expected from what the stories and books describe the Nephandi as. Then again you do have that fanatic devotion to your cause."

Looking around at his surrounding Serge said, "How long have we been talking?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:21 pm

"I then take it Mr Wainwright that you know and understand every aspect of this man's magic, and know for a fact that once he have cast a spell or bound someone's powers he no longer have any sort of control or knowledge of that working and are unable to end it or change it in any way, it is now completely it's own entity separate from it's caster? Sure that may be so, but do you know this to be the case?"
Jeffry asked sharply.
"That our guest have used his powers to restrain his son from doing harm in the past and that he is able to do so is one thing, but that do not mean he will not drop that control if he see any chance that Kyle can escape and get away from the Traditions, after all while I am giving the boy a chance his Avatar is still in danger. Restraining his powers to enact discipline in the home and restraining his powers so the Traditions can continue to keep the boy captive that is something else. I have no doubt the gentleman is able to restrain Kyle's magick I am saying I do not trust the man as far as I can throw him when it comes to his son."
Colin paused for a moment, "Touché, Sir. I believe you could trust Kyle not to try to run, but I also believe you are correct in your assessment of his father. Hum... You might ask Kyle if he thinks he could trust his father to play this one straight, though - tell him I've seen how vital he is in taking care of my apprentice, as a friend, and that he told me in the future how he feels about Danielle. He'll likely turn an interesting shade of crimson, but I believe you can rely on the boy's assessment."
He paused for a moment, "Out of curiosity, how far could you throw the man, assuming a magical boost?"

"Very well I will listen to your idea when you return, though off course whatever or not I will accept them is if I consider them to be reliable enough to keep the Chantry safe."
"Of course. The Chantry's safety comes first... but so far as I can find a way to avoid it, I won't have her dosed... she's suffered immense mental trauma from watching her old Mentor lobotomize captives; even showing her a needle or is enough to send her into a panic..."

"You are unable to unsee the spirits? Now then that sounds like a problem."
Jeffry said and he sounded concerned.
He sighed, "I see them around like I see people - like scales fell from my eyes, as it were. It's less of a problem, really, and more like seeing a little more odd people around me. That, at least, I can handle. Seeing the Umbral representation of everything as well would probably have been more unpleasant, especially in, well, less pleasant places... In any case, it seems I'll be stuck with it for good - and for not so good."

Crexia nodded.
"Good, as for the wheels of justice, I do hope you do not expect to much Mr Wainwright, at best Miss Bosh is guilty of a minor account of disrespect, you are taking the girl in question on as your apprentice yes but for now her status is prisoner and Miss Bosh can defend herself with having the best of intentions and acting in accordance with current standards in her profession, she might be given a formal reprimand before the Deacon Council but I doubt it will be much more than that. Now do not get me wrong I do not like those standards and I do not agree with Miss Bosh's actions however I am saying that by legal standards she is not guilty of much."
The archmage informed.
He sighed, "If it were just me and Anna, no, it would not be much of a case... but it's not just the one incident; there's a pattern. And that... is why I will be filing that grievance. I have no wish or expectation of any outright punishment, but I hope there will be a reasoned response to protect children from her. And if nothing else... it might serve as a formal warning to her."

"There will be no more effects than if you where to donate blood or receive a blood transfusion, a temporary arcane connections but little else."
Crexia said then she stood.
"Perhaps I should get that basket of supplies that Mirri have prepared and make a room suitable for the time bubble ready while you all finish your meal?"
The old Tytalus suggested.
He nodded, "Capital idea, ma'am. I'll eat quickly."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:46 pm

Serge:

"Don't worry, you've made it perfectly clear that your not going to be betraying anybody anytime soon. It didn't actually cross my mind to try and play off your ego or get you on a power trip..." Serge said with a grin. "Now I'm kinda sad that I didn't think of it earlier. I would've felt so cool if it worked."

Siege raised an eyebrow and looked rather doubtful.
"Yes I suspect you would have felt cool if it had worked..."
He muttered.

Stretching his arms slightly Serge yawned and said, "I'm just trying to figure out what kind of person you are. Your not what I expected from what the stories and books describe the Nephandi as. Then again you do have that fanatic devotion to your cause."

"What where you expecting, someone who cut open babies and bathe in the blood of the innocent while sacrificing virgins and kicking puppies?"
The prisoner asked then he sigh.
"Well you have those as well, but such blatant displays really are worth nothing but being cannon fodder, yes there are those who come to the Nephandi because they are damaged souls and now they are given free range to do whatever they please so you have that bloody Nazi that start hunting down Jews, the sadist that gets more and more extreme, your child molesters and serial killers all of these are attracted to the decay we stand for but they seldom leave the lowest ranks of our society, they are useful pawns and at times the scare of a serial killer or child murderer takes attention away from our true goals. But no such means are as crude as the individuals who engage in them. A skilled Nephandus are more likely to be a part of the city council and subtle manipulate the new road to be just slightly impractical so lines from where commuters get stuck, get stressed on their way to job and so they give their coworkers and especially those who work for them hell out of being in a bad mood and these again slowly get worn down just a little bit more by the grind and everything just get a bit more decayed. Yes sure one bad road is not going to do much but several such wrinkles in everyone's day just make everyone's day a little worse and so you are a little more of an ass towards those around you and their day get wrinkles as well and it spread and decay spreads, little by little, and we have politicians who make sure the life of the poor are worse and worse, we advocate that schools shame kids who can not pay for their lunches, some of them will be bullied, and some of those grow up to be bitter and destructive, that is how our goal is reached a little by little, not by a few blood drenched maniacs."
Siege explained.

Looking around at his surrounding Serge said, "How long have we been talking?"

"Fifteen minutes and forty three seconds"
Ryan said without looking at his watch he did give you a look that said that you as a Cultist of Ecstasy really should not have to ask how long something have taken.

Colin:

Colin paused for a moment, "Touché, Sir. I believe you could trust Kyle not to try to run, but I also believe you are correct in your assessment of his father. Hum... You might ask Kyle if he thinks he could trust his father to play this one straight, though -

"The boy's father gave him a knife and instructed him how to drive it into his own head and twist it to make sure he died if the Traditions ever came near to capture him I think the answer is pretty clear. Now Ido not think that Kyle would try to run either, if I did not think the boy had honor I would not have taken him as my apprentice, but since this entire city and more hang in the balance I have to be sure, I can not just go on what I feel. Once the situation with Larson's Labyrinth have been dealt with then I can take the chance of the kid running, and I don't think he will, only I would be held responsible if he did at worst the Chantry security would be compromised if he talked about us to the Nephandi...but we are talking the safety of the entire city I can not take that chance, I have no right to."
Jeffry said calmly.

tell him I've seen how vital he is in taking care of my apprentice, as a friend, and that he told me in the future how he feels about Danielle. He'll likely turn an interesting shade of crimson, but I believe you can rely on the boy's assessment."

"Kyle is a sweet boy, he have his dark moments and he have lost more of himself then Miss Alexander but he is still a sweet boy, I will tell him that I still can not take the chance though, but I can wait with giving him the serum until I hear back from you."

He paused for a moment, "Out of curiosity, how far could you throw the man, assuming a magical boost?"

"Probably halfway to Horizon but I way more thinking without such Auram Ars and Mr Danbrock is a rather corporal man."
Jeffry said dryly.

"Of course. The Chantry's safety comes first... but so far as I can find a way to avoid it, I won't have her dosed... she's suffered immense mental trauma from watching her old Mentor lobotomize captives; even showing her a needle or is enough to send her into a panic..."

The old Hermetic was quiet for a while then he said.
"I would hate to force such injections on a child and I would certainly not want to force them on a traumatized, phobic one I hope you find another solution for I can not let her run around with her magick unrestrained before she have proven herself. Hum...have you spoken with Dr Lee about the girl by the way and mentioned her medical problems and the complications that might come in trying to treat them?"
He asked.

He sighed, "I see them around like I see people - like scales fell from my eyes, as it were. It's less of a problem, really, and more like seeing a little more odd people around me. That, at least, I can handle. Seeing the Umbral representation of everything as well would probably have been more unpleasant, especially in, well, less pleasant places... In any case, it seems I'll be stuck with it for good - and for not so good."

"I am less concerned with you lack of ability to not see spirits around on in the form of there being a few more faces on see in the crowd, I have met far fewer spirits I have disliked than human beings, and seeing them around can be rather plesant, I am more concerned about it going both ways, if they notice you seeing them then they might get attracted to you and while most Umbroods and even ghosts are benign, some are not your new ability could be dangerous."
The old Hermetic said and he sounded quite concerned.
"If you can see them, then they can see you."

He sighed, "If it were just me and Anna, no, it would not be much of a case... but it's not just the one incident; there's a pattern. And that... is why I will be filing that grievance. I have no wish or expectation of any outright punishment, but I hope there will be a reasoned response to protect children from her. And if nothing else... it might serve as a formal warning to her."

"Well if there are others who have complaints against Miss Bosh then they will have to deliver them as well, and I will help you fill the complaints out. I just know that if I where defending the woman what I would point out is that her behavior is perfectly in line with the standards of her field. Only if she directly went against the wishes of an initiated mage and used force against them or ignored the wishes of a Mentor for his or her student do you have a particularly strong case. You are a guest so she might be reprimanded for insulting a guest but without more cases of directly going against someone's wishes then there is not much of a case I am afraid."
Crexia said and frowned.
"There is the issue with the Chief's apprentice but...I would not like to drag the boy before the Deacon Council and have him testify, he is so fragile."

He nodded, "Capital idea, ma'am. I'll eat quickly."

Crexia nodded she gave everyone around the table who was still awake, that being Olamide, you Adley and Udella, all of the rest of the clean up team had fallen sleep in their seats completely exhausted after the workings they had done, polite bobs of her head before she headed to the kitchen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 am

"What where you expecting, someone who cut open babies and bathe in the blood of the innocent while sacrificing virgins and kicking puppies?"
The prisoner asked then he sigh.
"Well you have those as well, but such blatant displays really are worth nothing but being cannon fodder, yes there are those who come to the Nephandi because they are damaged souls and now they are given free range to do whatever they please so you have that bloody Nazi that start hunting down Jews, the sadist that gets more and more extreme, your child molesters and serial killers all of these are attracted to the decay we stand for but they seldom leave the lowest ranks of our society, they are useful pawns and at times the scare of a serial killer or child murderer takes attention away from our true goals. But no such means are as crude as the individuals who engage in them. A skilled Nephandus are more likely to be a part of the city council and subtle manipulate the new road to be just slightly impractical so lines from where commuters get stuck, get stressed on their way to job and so they give their coworkers and especially those who work for them hell out of being in a bad mood and these again slowly get worn down just a little bit more by the grind and everything just get a bit more decayed. Yes sure one bad road is not going to do much but several such wrinkles in everyone's day just make everyone's day a little worse and so you are a little more of an ass towards those around you and their day get wrinkles as well and it spread and decay spreads, little by little, and we have politicians who make sure the life of the poor are worse and worse, we advocate that schools shame kids who can not pay for their lunches, some of them will be bullied, and some of those grow up to be bitter and destructive, that is how our goal is reached a little by little, not by a few blood drenched maniacs."
Siege explained.

"So you guys play the long game." Serge said simply.

"Slowly wear down people until they can't take it. Show people how unfair the world is. Make the world a miserable place and have that misery spread like a plague." Serge said seeing if he could push Siege to talk more about it.

"Fifteen minutes and forty three seconds"
Ryan said without looking at his watch he did give you a look that said that you as a Cultist of Ecstasy really should not have to ask how long something have taken.

"Really? I thought it was longer than that." Serge said revealing his own ineptitude with keeping track of time.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:46 am

"The boy's father gave him a knife and instructed him how to drive it into his own head and twist it to make sure he died if the Traditions ever came near to capture him I think the answer is pretty clear. Now Ido not think that Kyle would try to run either, if I did not think the boy had honor I would not have taken him as my apprentice, but since this entire city and more hang in the balance I have to be sure, I can not just go on what I feel. Once the situation with Larson's Labyrinth have been dealt with then I can take the chance of the kid running, and I don't think he will, only I would be held responsible if he did at worst the Chantry security would be compromised if he talked about us to the Nephandi...but we are talking the safety of the entire city I can not take that chance, I have no right to."
Jeffry said calmly.
Colin nodded, "Of course, Sir. You are the security chief, and that does bind your hands to an extent..."

"Kyle is a sweet boy, he have his dark moments and he have lost more of himself then Miss Alexander but he is still a sweet boy, I will tell him that I still can not take the chance though, but I can wait with giving him the serum until I hear back from you."
He hesitated briefly, "To be frank, Sir, I don't really believe I can provide a palatable alternative within that hour; if you don't have less... invasive means at hand already, I fear my return won't change that. And I will likely not provide anything more concrete changing the maximum recommended intake from three doses in either direction."

"Probably halfway to Horizon but I way more thinking without such Auram Ars and Mr Danbrock is a rather corporal man."
Jeffry said dryly.
He grinned, quietly.

The old Hermetic was quiet for a while then he said.
"I would hate to force such injections on a child and I would certainly not want to force them on a traumatized, phobic one I hope you find another solution for I can not let her run around with her magick unrestrained before she have proven herself. Hum...have you spoken with Dr Lee about the girl by the way and mentioned her medical problems and the complications that might come in trying to treat them?"
He asked.
He sighed, "I've not had the opportunity - he returned home before the full extent of the situation came to light, one might say - but it is on top of my list."

"I am less concerned with you lack of ability to not see spirits around on in the form of there being a few more faces on see in the crowd, I have met far fewer spirits I have disliked than human beings, and seeing them around can be rather plesant, I am more concerned about it going both ways, if they notice you seeing them then they might get attracted to you and while most Umbroods and even ghosts are benign, some are not your new ability could be dangerous."
The old Hermetic said and he sounded quite concerned.
"If you can see them, then they can see you."
He replied dryly, "Of that I have become rather acutely aware. Hum, nonetheless, I just might have the perfect rote to ameliorate that issue, though... I'll have to test that at a convenient time... Oh, and I might invite a friend over from time to time, just so you're forewarned; a nice chap whose name had been destroyed, so I gave him a new one."
He thought for a brief moment, "Also, a bit of good news - the chap who made that package at the airport is captured. And you had best make sure your office has an extra scryward by the time we get back; there's some impressive fuckery afoot, it seems."

"Well if there are others who have complaints against Miss Bosh then they will have to deliver them as well, and I will help you fill the complaints out. I just know that if I where defending the woman what I would point out is that her behavior is perfectly in line with the standards of her field. Only if she directly went against the wishes of an initiated mage and used force against them or ignored the wishes of a Mentor for his or her student do you have a particularly strong case. You are a guest so she might be reprimanded for insulting a guest but without more cases of directly going against someone's wishes then there is not much of a case I am afraid."
Crexia said and frowned.
"There is the issue with the Chief's apprentice but...I would not like to drag the boy before the Deacon Council and have him testify, he is so fragile."
He nodded, "There are... other cases of concern as well. Lady Arden and Mrs. Knox intimated a few other grievances which individually are weak, but... well, there is such a concept as a 'class action suit' in Sleeper law; is there precedent for the same in the Traditions?"

Crexia nodded she gave everyone around the table who was still awake, that being Olamide, you Adley and Udella, all of the rest of the clean up team had fallen sleep in their seats completely exhausted after the workings they had done, polite bobs of her head before she headed to the kitchen.
He swiftly cleaned his plate and raised his mug in a small salute to Udella, "One Labyrinth down, one to go... and here's to the worst case scenario averted."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:12 am

"I will phone your Cabalmate as soon as I hang up with you, and off course I am asking, you are my magickal son and while so are a soldier like all in our House and I have to let you do your job and I am proud of your for doing it that do not mean I don't worry." The older Flambeau said in a warm tone of voice. "But yes other concerns can wait until you return, I should contact your Cabalmate and ask about the serum."

He smiled a bit more, and said, "I'm glad you're okay too. Talk more with you soon, sir, unless there was something else?" he said, before hanging up.

Udella smiled at that. "Well I have considered taking another student, she will probably be my last but still, I might have a few more things to teach before I retire someplace warm and plesant to spend my last few years looking out over the ocean, sipping tea and caring for a myriad of cats."

"Then they are a lucky girl," he said. "And cats, eventually..."

He took a long swallow of his own cup, and arched an eyebrow at Crexia, "By the way, I am a little curious about one thing... The scan will effectively involve the equivalent of a blood transfusion. What sort of effect might that have on the two of us?"
"Not much with a few drops, there will be a mild arcone connection between us for a while making it easier for each of us to cast magick on the other but nothing so severe that it would affect security at each other's Chantries. You might feel a bit more analytical I suppose, a little bit more static beyond that I do not think much would happen, for a bigger transfusion though there might be more...effects."

"I suppose this is as good a place as any for me to cut in and say I'm not entirely keen on some of the methods you're using to test this stuff, amicus. And to forestall your trying to convince me that it's necessary, due to reasons. And to say yes, I'm still going with, of course."

Crexia nodded. "Good, as for the wheels of justice, I do hope you do not expect to much Mr Wainwright, at best Miss Bosh is guilty of a minor account of disrespect, you are taking the girl in question on as your apprentice yes but for now her status is prisoner and Miss Bosh can defend herself with having the best of intentions and acting in accordance with current standards in her profession, she might be given a formal reprimand before the Deacon Council but I doubt it will be much more than that. Now do not get me wrong I do not like those standards and I do not agree with Miss Bosh's actions however I am saying that by legal standards she is not guilty of much."

"If I may, and given I have only been listening to the back and forth so correct me if I misspeak. But it seems this woman needlessly endangered her own patient by not knowing or listening about her patient's case, to the point of extreme duress,while also making future treatment that might benefit her all the more difficult. Even if her patient was a prisoner, nearly killing them due to negligence would seem impractical if not bordering on negligent. As well, her actions ended up pulling a member out of a team mission to deal with that crises to deal with it, which meant we had one less person if we needed them. And here I thought that the school nurse who made your scalp bleed checking for lice was a nightmare...so much for the Hippocratic Oath."

"Perhaps I should get that basket of supplies that Mirri have prepared and make a room suitable for the time bubble ready while you all finish your meal?" The old Tytalus suggested.

"Let me know if you need help. I've already finished all I could eat without falling asleep. Otherwise, I will stay here with my amicus, ma'am. Or perhaps in a moment take time to do a meditation after all of that when you find a room. Or help those of the group that have fallen asleep to their beds," he said, nodding at the man who snored slightly over his toast. He nodded as Crexia left and drank some of the tea, dragging over the honey pot to add some. Almost as an afterthought or maybe as an impulse, he took a clean spoon, dunked it in the honey and put it in his mouth.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:15 am

Serge:

"So you guys play the long game." Serge said simply.

"Yes we do..."
The prisoner said simply.

"Slowly wear down people until they can't take it. Show people how unfair the world is. Make the world a miserable place and have that misery spread like a plague." Serge said seeing if he could push Siege to talk more about it.

"Something like that yes, the world is already a dark, place, it is wrong and need to go, or rather to have never been and we make it more obvious and help the decay along, spreading that corruption until all the shit collapses under it's own weight."
Siege said and nodded.

"Really? I thought it was longer than that." Serge said revealing his own ineptitude with keeping track of time.

"No it have not been longer."
Ryan said and gave you a look that a mother bird might give a chick that could not fly.

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, "Of course, Sir. You are the security chief, and that does bind your hands to an extent..."

"It do, I have to consider the safety of this Chantry and the city and not just my own desire to protect the boy and show him kindness."
Jeffry said and he sounded regretful about that.

He hesitated briefly, "To be frank, Sir, I don't really believe I can provide a palatable alternative within that hour; if you don't have less... invasive means at hand already, I fear my return won't change that. And I will likely not provide anything more concrete changing the maximum recommended intake from three doses in either direction."

"I am going to have to ask Dr Lee to administer the dose then. I had planned to have you do it since you could need the training for the girl, but if you are hellbent on finding an alternative for her that should not be needed."
The Security Chief said and he sigh.
"Hopefully there will not be to much of a health risk for the boy or to much discomfort for him."

He sighed, "I've not had the opportunity - he returned home before the full extent of the situation came to light, one might say - but it is on top of my list."

"Very well I will tell him you want to talk with him when you come back when I order him to give Kyle that injection."

He replied dryly, "Of that I have become rather acutely aware. Hum, nonetheless, I just might have the perfect rote to ameliorate that issue, though... I'll have to test that at a convenient time... Oh, and I might invite a friend over from time to time, just so you're forewarned; a nice chap whose name had been destroyed, so I gave him a new one."

"So you have a plan to remedy the situation? Good good, as for your friend as long as he is not a danger to the Chantry you may have him over as much as you please."
The old Hermetic said.
"Giving a spirit a new name, well if his old one had been taken from him that is a kind deed Mr Wainwright."

He thought for a brief moment, "Also, a bit of good news - the chap who made that package at the airport is captured. And you had best make sure your office has an extra scryward by the time we get back; there's some impressive fuckery afoot, it seems."

"Well just what we need, more fuckery and impressive fuckery at that."
Jeffry grumbled.
"That is good news though I hope he is being kept secured...however if there is something about him that should not be discussed over the phone do not tell me more right now wait until you return home."

He nodded, "There are... other cases of concern as well. Lady Arden and Mrs. Knox intimated a few other grievances which individually are weak, but... well, there is such a concept as a 'class action suit' in Sleeper law; is there precedent for the same in the Traditions?"

"Hum...there is some precedent yes if my memory do not deceive me there was a case like that...let me try to recall the details..."
Udella said and nodded. Crexia frowned.
"Hum...we might want to talk with the girl over there then, Jamie Heller and her Mentor she had some serious issues with Miss Bosh a few months ago, I also know she have insulted Master Harris..."
Crexia said and nodded towards a young woman with a injured arm that sat eating at one of the tables.
"We might be able to build something."

He swiftly cleaned his plate and raised his mug in a small salute to Udella, "One Labyrinth down, one to go... and here's to the worst case scenario averted."

"Yes...we did it...we had...losses but we did it."
Udella said and smiled and raised her mug.
"To all of us."
She said then she looked at the sleeping magi.
"Well while you two get ready if you don't mind I think I will find some help to get this lot to their beds."
She said and Olamide smiled.
"I will help you honored Quesitor."

He smiled a bit more, and said, "I'm glad you're okay too. Talk more with you soon, sir, unless there was something else?" he said, before hanging up.

"No nothing further. I will see you soon mea filius."
Jeffry said fondly.

"Then they are a lucky girl," he said. "And cats, eventually..."

Udella smiled a little at that.
"Well I can do my best to give her a good start as a mage. I had a kind Mentor myself, he helped shape me into the person I am today I have tried to follow his example with my own students."

"If I may, and given I have only been listening to the back and forth so correct me if I misspeak. But it seems this woman needlessly endangered her own patient by not knowing or listening about her patient's case, to the point of extreme duress,while also making future treatment that might benefit her all the more difficult. Even if her patient was a prisoner, nearly killing them due to negligence would seem impractical if not bordering on negligent. As well, her actions ended up pulling a member out of a team mission to deal with that crises to deal with it, which meant we had one less person if we needed them. And here I thought that the school nurse who made your scalp bleed checking for lice was a nightmare...so much for the Hippocratic Oath."

"I agree with your words Sodalis the problem is that Miss Bosh can hide herself behind not knowing the severity of the child's fear. I agree she acted wrong, and she have acted wrong against several members of this Chantry but there are no particular law that covers being to rough with medical care that is the problem. The argument that Mr Wainwright left to care for the girl could be countered with no one having forced that responsibility on him that the girl was in a fully stocked infirmary and there are two powerful Verbena healer on the house to assist and that Miss Bosh can not be held accountable for the emotional response of the girl's future teacher. Now do not get me wrong I fully well know that the situation would not have ended well if Mr Wainwright had not been there I am just saying what the defense could claim. From what I understand Mr Wainwright want Miss Bosh sentenced to cease all pediatric work, as that is her source of income it would be considered major censure...if Master Harris level complaints for insults we can get that easily and perhaps if the three linear magi I know of where their students where treated in ways that where against their Mentor's intent where to file formal complaints then we might make something happen but without that it will be a hard case to persecute."
Crexia said and Oldamide sigh.
"Miss Bosh is technically skilled but I am never going to let her as much as fluff the pillow of my apprentice, the woman is hard, unfeeling, brutal and cruel, and with adults we can get up and leave children are another story..."

"Let me know if you need help. I've already finished all I could eat without falling asleep. Otherwise, I will stay here with my amicus, ma'am. Or perhaps in a moment take time to do a meditation after all of that when you find a room. Or help those of the group that have fallen asleep to their beds," he said, nodding at the man who snored slightly over his toast.

"You know what let us just use room 4B up in the attic I know it is empty so just go there to meditate when you are done here Sodalis."
Crexia said.
"It should not be to hard to find, follow the stairs to the third floor and in the back you will find the staircase to the attic. I do not need help with the supplies but thank you for asking."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.
"I would not mind some help getting the others to their beds though."
Udella said and looked at the Master snoring over his toast and the four others who where more or less sleeping.
"If you take one of them, then I will get others to help with the rest."
The old Quesitor asked.

He nodded as Crexia left and drank some of the tea, dragging over the honey pot to add some. Almost as an afterthought or maybe as an impulse, he took a clean spoon, dunked it in the honey and put it in his mouth.

The honey had a rich, warm flavor. It was gathered from wild bees and tasted of sun and summer and did give you a moment of boost, though of course a small sugar kick would not help you be more alert for long. Udella was helping the man with his toast to his feet.
"Here we go Master Holdenmire, let me get you to a bed until members of your Chantry can come and drive you home."
The old Quesitor said kindly and the man who apparently was named Holdenmire looked down at his toast and muttered sleepily.
"Did I fall asleep...oh how embarrassing..."
Though he looked like he would fall asleep again just at any moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:45 pm

"I am going to have to ask Dr Lee to administer the dose then. I had planned to have you do it since you could need the training for the girl, but if you are hellbent on finding an alternative for her that should not be needed."
The Security Chief said and he sigh.
"Hopefully there will not be to much of a health risk for the boy or to much discomfort for him."
Colin nodded, "Yes, Sir, the risk should be barely tolerable on the third day, but no longer... He'll be fine, from what I remember. Anna, though - I'll do whatever it takes to prevent what I saw five years hence, after too long on the serum. And that was after someone else who had been on the serum for an extended period of time had slipped into a likely fatal coma, and another had already died..."

"Very well I will tell him you want to talk with him when you come back when I order him to give Kyle that injection."
"Thank you. I will have some limitations as to what sort of medical assistance will be permitted, as well, so long as it is not a matter of urgent revivification."

"So you have a plan to remedy the situation? Good good, as for your friend as long as he is not a danger to the Chantry you may have him over as much as you please."
The old Hermetic said.
"Giving a spirit a new name, well if his old one had been taken from him that is a kind deed Mr Wainwright."
He smiled thinly, "Yes, I've been told that was kind. Frankly, I'm relieved I was able to make such an offer to him - it was either that, or fight him to the death, and that would not have gone well for us, I fear... He was quite the formidable brawler, however much he hated it. We were lucky I reminded him of his former Mage friend, an artificer who treated him well."

"Well just what we need, more fuckery and impressive fuckery at that."
Jeffry grumbled.
"That is good news though I hope he is being kept secured...however if there is something about him that should not be discussed over the phone do not tell me more right now wait until you return home."
He nodded, "Yes, Sir. And, ah, as a precaution, you might want to have an extra fire extinguisher in your office when we report in. I fear some of the information we have acquired will be... well, quite hot, to say the least."

"I suppose this is as good a place as any for me to cut in and say I'm not entirely keen on some of the methods you're using to test this stuff, amicus. And to forestall your trying to convince me that it's necessary, due to reasons. And to say yes, I'm still going with, of course."
He smiled wryly, "I am not entirely keen on it, myself, but dragging a prisoner off for a CT scan to see what the serum I injected into them does would be... needlessly stressful for them. Suffice to say, I've already seen the procedure and results from it - I trust it will work now as well. And had I known of an easier way to test it, I would certainly prefer doing so - but I doubt the effect on, say, a mundane laboratory rat would be even comparable to a Mage, so... here we are; we still need a volunteer, and I'm not about to ask anyone else..."

"Hum...there is some precedent yes if my memory do not deceive me there was a case like that...let me try to recall the details..."
Udella said and nodded. Crexia frowned.
"Hum...we might want to talk with the girl over there then, Jamie Heller and her Mentor she had some serious issues with Miss Bosh a few months ago, I also know she have insulted Master Harris..."
Crexia said and nodded towards a young woman with a injured arm that sat eating at one of the tables.
"We might be able to build something."
He nodded, "Lady Arden said she will reach out to other... affected individuals once I have filed my complaint with Master Min and her. I trust that will be sufficient."

"I agree with your words Sodalis the problem is that Miss Bosh can hide herself behind not knowing the severity of the child's fear. I agree she acted wrong, and she have acted wrong against several members of this Chantry but there are no particular law that covers being to rough with medical care that is the problem. The argument that Mr Wainwright left to care for the girl could be countered with no one having forced that responsibility on him that the girl was in a fully stocked infirmary and there are two powerful Verbena healer on the house to assist and that Miss Bosh can not be held accountable for the emotional response of the girl's future teacher. Now do not get me wrong I fully well know that the situation would not have ended well if Mr Wainwright had not been there I am just saying what the defense could claim. From what I understand Mr Wainwright want Miss Bosh sentenced to cease all pediatric work, as that is her source of income it would be considered major censure...if Master Harris level complaints for insults we can get that easily and perhaps if the three linear magi I know of where their students where treated in ways that where against their Mentor's intent where to file formal complaints then we might make something happen but without that it will be a hard case to persecute."
Crexia said and Oldamide sigh.
"Miss Bosh is technically skilled but I am never going to let her as much as fluff the pillow of my apprentice, the woman is hard, unfeeling, brutal and cruel, and with adults we can get up and leave children are another story..."
He frowned, "Nurse Bosh is, as far as I can tell, immensely qualified to different specializations in the medical field - she would, I suspect, be nigh-incomparable in a surgery. However, using the argument that pediatric care is her source of income... Pennywise was a clown, but using that as an argument to have him entertain at children's birthday parties would still be inadvisable."

"You know what let us just use room 4B up in the attic I know it is empty so just go there to meditate when you are done here Sodalis."
Crexia said.
"It should not be to hard to find, follow the stairs to the third floor and in the back you will find the staircase to the attic. I do not need help with the supplies but thank you for asking."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.
"I would not mind some help getting the others to their beds though."
Udella said and looked at the Master snoring over his toast and the four others who where more or less sleeping.
The old Quesitor asked.
He nodded, "I'll finish this, and lend a hand if there are any more crashed Magi then."
He crunched down on a piece of bacon and washed it down with some more tea.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm

"Something like that yes, the world is already a dark, place, it is wrong and need to go, or rather to have never been and we make it more obvious and help the decay along, spreading that corruption until all the shit collapses under it's own weight."
Siege said and nodded.

"That's an interesting viewpoint that I'm afraid I don't share." Serge said simply. Scratching his head as he tried to think of more things to ask, Serge realized that he couldn't find any way to ask any more questions without asking Siege directly and he knew that it was hopeless to try.

"I think I've exhausted all I can say without pissing you off even more. It's been nice talking to you. You've given me a lot to remember." Serge said. "I'd shake your hands but their tied to the radiator. Who know? Maybe we'll talk again some other day."

"No it have not been longer."
Ryan said and gave you a look that a mother bird might give a chick that could not fly.

"What's with the look?" Serge asked. "Anyways, I think I'm done here."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Yes, Sir, the risk should be barely tolerable on the third day, but no longer... He'll be fine, from what I remember. Anna, though - I'll do whatever it takes to prevent what I saw five years hence, after too long on the serum. And that was after someone else who had been on the serum for an extended period of time had slipped into a likely fatal coma, and another had already died..."

"I hope that he will as for the girl I understand what you are saying and hopefully we can find some other solution than using that serum."
Jeffry said he sounded quite concerned.

"Thank you. I will have some limitations as to what sort of medical assistance will be permitted, as well, so long as it is not a matter of urgent revivification."

"Off course and I am sure he can work with you there, healing, magickal or otherwise is not my field of specialization though."

He smiled thinly, "Yes, I've been told that was kind. Frankly, I'm relieved I was able to make such an offer to him - it was either that, or fight him to the death, and that would not have gone well for us, I fear... He was quite the formidable brawler, however much he hated it. We were lucky I reminded him of his former Mage friend, an artificer who treated him well."

"You are a lucky man Mr Wainwright, yes indeed spirits can be quite powerful."
The old Hermetic said.
"You have made a powerful ally then in addition to having given the Umbrood a mercy."

He nodded, "Yes, Sir. And, ah, as a precaution, you might want to have an extra fire extinguisher in your office when we report in. I fear some of the information we have acquired will be... well, quite hot, to say the least."

"Why do I have a feeling I am going to need a stiff drink for that meeting."
Jeffry with a groan.
"Well more information is always better than having it creep up on us."
He said.
"But yes a fire extinguisher might be a good idea."

He smiled wryly, "I am not entirely keen on it, myself, but dragging a prisoner off for a CT scan to see what the serum I injected into them does would be... needlessly stressful for them. Suffice to say, I've already seen the procedure and results from it - I trust it will work now as well. And had I known of an easier way to test it, I would certainly prefer doing so - but I doubt the effect on, say, a mundane laboratory rat would be even comparable to a Mage, so... here we are; we still need a volunteer, and I'm not about to ask anyone else..."

Olamide glanced at you and raised an eyebrow and said sternly.
"Mr Wainwright, the serum might work on an animal with magickal powers, it is at least a possibility however we are talking about a uncomfortable injection and I would be hesitant to put even a magickal laboratory rat through that. Let us put it this way I got bit by a cat that might have had rabis back a few decades ago meaning I got the old rabis shots, this involves several injections right into the wound and then over a period of ten days 21 shots right into the abdomen. I have also had cortisone injected right into the knee joint twice and getting a dose of that serum when I was in Quiet was worse than both of those so no it is not something one should force on an animal. While I get that animal testing might at a few rare occasions be needed when developing new life saving medicine but I do not think it should be used for anything else."
Olamide said then she looked down.
"Ehm...my apologizes Mr Wainwright I should not have gone out on such a tirade."
The Tytalus said and sigh.
"I just care for the welfare of animals."
She added.

Udella had been quiet up until now then she said.
"Most of our prisoners at not someone I would want to move for a test but we could ask Allison, she is the least dangerous of them and a CT scan if I have not gotten how it works wrong is not an uncomfortable examination is it? The machine just makes some noise?"
The old Quesitor asked.
"I have to admit though never to have gotten one done myself but one of my students got falling disease after a Paradox backlash years ago and have check ups and it do not seam to bother him. I would not want to cause a prisoner more distress but if the examination is not painful then asking for a volunteer should not be a problem."

He nodded, "Lady Arden said she will reach out to other... affected individuals once I have filed my complaint with Master Min and her. I trust that will be sufficient."

"Ah very well I will leave it in lady Arden's capable hands then she is...what was it she said the title was Crone of Arbitration I think she said...a Verbena Enforcer so she knows the law well."
Crexia said and nodded.

He frowned, "Nurse Bosh is, as far as I can tell, immensely qualified to different specializations in the medical field - she would, I suspect, be nigh-incomparable in a surgery. However, using the argument that pediatric care is her source of income... Pennywise was a clown, but using that as an argument to have him entertain at children's birthday parties would still be inadvisable."

"Who is Pennywise I am afraid I have not heard about this gentleman, he is an entertainer you say?"
Udella asked and she looked confused.
"He is a movie character Honored Quesitor well book character really, in either case Pennywise's profession Mr Wainwright is being a alien spider clogging up the sewers I am not sure the comparison works that well for Miss Bosh."
Olamide said and raised an eyebrow. One of the sleeping Masters, a roundish woman with long, curly brown hair muttered in her sleep only hearing the word spider.
"I have to remember to buy food for my student's pet tarantula before the pet stores closes...oh it is Sunday is it not...the poor thing is hungry."
Olamide glanced in the woman's direction.
"What was that Master Wilcox?"
She asked but the plump Master of Forces where already happily sleeping again completely exhausted from her work with destroying the Labyrinth. Crexia was watching the whole exchange rather unmoved then she said.
"So you are making the argument Mr Wainwright that Nurse Bosh could find work in other fields of medicine and so a ban on working with children will not take away her foundation for earning a living, that I might be able to work with for the complaint."

He nodded, "I'll finish this, and lend a hand if there are any more crashed Magi then."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Udella said as she and Olamide excused themselves and begun to gently wake up and help to the stairs and up to waiting beds the exhausted members of the clean up team.

Serge:

"That's an interesting viewpoint that I'm afraid I don't share." Serge said simply. Scratching his head as he tried to think of more things to ask, Serge realized that he couldn't find any way to ask any more questions without asking Siege directly and he knew that it was hopeless to try.

"I did not suspect that you would share it Serge I would be most surprised it you did."
Siege said and smiled a little.

"I think I've exhausted all I can say without pissing you off even more. It's been nice talking to you. You've given me a lot to remember." Serge said. "I'd shake your hands but their tied to the radiator. Maybe we'll talk again some other day."

"Oh don't worry about it kid. I have enjoyed our little conversation when you are tied down awaiting the worst fate imaginable a little bit of distraction is a welcome thing"
Siege said and smiled sadly then he looked at his hands and grinned wryly.
"Oh they are? I had not noticed."
Ryan glanced at the Nephandus.
"Do they hurt? Your bindings I mean?"
He asked and Siege shook his head.
"They are uncomfortable, I can not say I got much sleep tonight but they are not painful, not yet."
He replied Ryan nodded.
"Very well let someone know if they start to hurt and something will be done to make you more comfortable."
He instructed.

"What's with the look?" Serge asked. "Anyways, I think I've done all I can ethically do."

"Nothing we should discuss before a prisoner but I might have to have a talk with my sister."
Ryan said then he nodded.
"Yes let us rapport back to Master Morgan."
He said then he turned to Siege.
"I understand that some elements of the conversation made it hard for you to eat, someone will come down later and see if you can manage some food and water then."
He told the prisoner then he glanced at you.
"Let's go kid."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:17 pm

"Nothing we should discuss before a prisoner but I might have to have a talk with my sister."
Ryan said then he nodded.
"Yes let us rapport back to Master Morgan."
He said then he turned to Siege.
"I understand that some elements of the conversation made it hard for you to eat, someone will come down later and see if you can manage some food and water then."
He told the prisoner then he glanced at you.
"Let's go kid."

"Sure thing." Serge said as he followed Ryan and pulled out the small notebook he had taken from his room and started jotting down the things he had learned from the conversation.

"Talk to your sister about what exactly?" Serge asked Ryan as he followed him back to Master Morgan. "That's not something you can just say and expect me to ignore. Did I do something wrong?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm

"Sure thing." Serge said as he followed Ryan and pulled out the small notebook he had taken from his room and started jotting down the things he had learned from the conversation.

Siege gave you a nod as you left his makeshift cell.
"Take care of yourself kid."
He said as you followed Ryan out.

"Talk to my sister about what exactly?" Serge asked Ryan as he followed him back to Master Morgan. "That's not something you can just say and expect me to ignore. Did I do something wrong?"

Ryan shook his head.
"Nothing wrong kid but it surprise me that you seam to lack even a basic understanding for our Tradition's magick of choice, and the reason why I did not want to talk about this in front of the prisoner is that the Nephandi have been after getting their hands on a mage skilled with manipulating time as a sacrifice, I doubt out new friend in there will be able to escape but you never know and better safe than sorry."
He said as he hurried along the basement corridor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Ryan shook his head.
"Nothing wrong kid but it surprise me that you seam to lack even a basic understanding for our Tradition's magick of choice, and the reason why I did not want to talk about this in front of the prisoner is that the Nephandi have been after getting their hands on a mage skilled with manipulating time as a sacrifice, I doubt out new friend in there will be able to escape but you never know and better safe than sorry."
He said as he hurried along the basement corridor.

"Weren't you the one who said that despite it being our seat in the council not all Cult of Ecstasy members study time magick? Serge said with a smile.

Looking down into his notebook Serge slowly counted off the things that he learned. "That guy was a lot more talkative than I thought he would be. I managed to get a good amount of information that Master Morgan wanted. Kinda sad that I couldn't get everything."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm

"I did say that now did I not but while not all of our Traditions are highly skilled with time magick not knowing any of it is rare."
Ryan commented.
"Yeah the prisoner seamed to...like you, and yes you did well kid I do not think anyone expected you to get all the information the Chief wanted but you got the prisoner to open up a little at least."
Ryan said as you got out of the basement and he knocked on Master Morgan's door and was let in.
"Well we better tell the Chief what you found out."
The older Cultist said as he stepped into the security office. Jeffry sat behind his desk, he was apparently just finished with a call and he was frowning he looked up when you came in though.
"Ah you are back please sit both of you, did you get anything out of our guest downstairs."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm

"I did say that now did I not but while not all of our Traditions are highly skilled with time magick not knowing any of it is rare."
Ryan commented.

"I mean my mentor did specialize in mind magick." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "I'm pretty sure if I put my mind to it I could learn more about time magick. Still you probably know the stories of the people who messed with time. That's why it always freaked me out."

"Ah you are back please sit both of you, did you get anything out of our guest downstairs."

Serge sat down and began flipping through his notepad. "Yeah I got a good bit of information from him. He was quite talkative." Serge said.

"His old name was Siege Jael. He specializes in Life and Entropy magick. He was a part of the Celestial Chorus. He mentioned specifically being a Chorister of The Order of St. Michael. He was a part of a war chantry and had fought against the Technocracy, Nephandi, and even mentioned fighting vampires. He said that his war chantry traveled around and assisted other mages against their enemies." Serge said as he recalled what Siege told him about himself. "He seems quite nice and still has strong feelings for his mentors and his chantry. He said that his mentor took on a new apprentice after he fell and that he hasn't talked to him since."

"He was recruited into the Nephandi by a women named Jodie Blake. He said that he fell in love with her at a grocery store and that slowly he began to agree with what she told him. The recruitment process was subtle but eventually he was introduced into their labyrinth and was Cauled." Serge said explaining Siege's recruitment.

"I didn't get any specific information on anyone named Lisa Larson. He was quite adamant on not revealing any names. However he did tell me some things about their leader who may be this Lisa person. He said that his leader became more aggressive in her plans and that it resulted in his capture. He also said that this leader was angering the other leaders of the Nephandi and he feared a civil war may erupt within the Nephandi. This could be why they have been attacking their own. He mentioned that his labyrinth would be at a disadvantage if it came to that since his boss is weaker that the other Labyrinth Lords." Serge continued with his explanation.

"As for his leader personally. He mentioned that she is overconfident in her abilities and that his labyrinth is split on their approval of her. I'm sure this is common knowledge, but she is every bit as brutal as the stories claim. If anyone disobeys her, she delivers their execution brutally and publicly to make an example for her followers. He mentions one time a few years ago when she executed one of her followers and his apprentice managed to escape before she could be executed as well. I believe that escaped apprentices name was Sally Caery." Serge said remembering that one obscure fact that he had learned.

"As for his labyrinth, I'm afraid I couldn't get any specific information. He mentioned flesh walls, bone floors, monsters guards, and flesh tentacles. He also said that the walls can regenerate and that they could also rearrange themselves to make the maze even more challenging." Serge said with a sigh as he got to the end of his notepad.

"And I'm afraid that's all I manged to get. I tried to bring up the topic of avatar fragments but that would always make him shut up or get him angry. And their was no way I could ask about agents among the Chantries in the Tribunal without making him suspicious. When I casually mentioned double-agents he didn't seem to fussed. Their might have been a little bit of hope in his eyes although I think that was just because he thought it was the only way he could escape. I learned a few obscure things like that one of the Prelati's is Japanese but I don't think that will help much." Serge said finally concluding and wondering if he forgot anything.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:01 pm

"I mean my mentor did specialize in mind magick." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "I'm pretty sure if I put my mind to it I could learn more about time magick. Still you probably know the stories of the people who messed with time. That's why it always freaked me out."

"I am not asking you to become a Master of the Sphere kid but knowing a little about what have been the power base of our Tradition for centuries now could be useful and yes your Mentor specialize in Mind and she is a damn good mentalist but she knows a little about how to see an manipulate time as well."
Ryan said calmly.

Serge sat down and began flipping through his notepad. "Yeah I got a good bit of information from him. He was quite talkative." Serge said.

"His old name was Siege Jael. He specializes in Life and Entropy magick. He was a part of the Celestial Chorus. He mentioned specifically being a Chorister of The Order of St. Michael. He was a part of a war chantry and had fought against the Technocracy, Nephandi, and even mentioned fighting vampires. He said that his war chantry traveled around and assisted other mages against their enemies." Serge said as he recalled what Siege told him about himself. "He seems quite nice and still has strong feelings for his mentors and his chantry. He said that his mentor took on a new apprentice after he fell and that he hasn't talked to him since."

"Hum...well with that information we should be able to find the young man's former Chantry and inform his Mentor about what have happened, good job."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"It seams you got more out of him then me."

"He was recruited into the Nephandi by a women named Jodie Blake. He said that he fell in love with her at a grocery store and that slowly he began to agree with what she told him. His recruitment was subtle but eventually he was introduced into their labyrinth and was Cauled." Serge said explaining Siege's recruitment.

The old Hermetic gave you a somewhat shocked look.
"Are you sure he said that name young man? Jodie Blake?"
He said and there came a long line of swear words in Latin.
"Dammit did he say where this woman is now? Is she here in Boston?"
He asked urgently.

"I didn't get any specific information on anyone named Lisa Larson. He was quite adamant on not revealing any names. However he did tell me some things about their leader who may be this Lisa person. He said that his leader became more aggressive in her plans and that it resulted in his capture. He also said that this leader was angering the other leaders of the Nephandi and he feared a civil war may erupt within the Nephandi. This could be why they have been attacking their own. He mentioned that his labyrinth would be at a disadvantage if it came to that since his boss is weaker that the other Labyrinth Lords." Serge continued with his explanation.

"We have seen some of the same in Chicago where an Labyrinth allied to Larson was attacked by another one, it seam like the woman might have taken water over her head but that do not help us much if she can pull her plans of."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Learning that the same is happening here is important information though but I doubt that is why the Nephandi have Gilgulled their own as those unfortunate magi where reinforcements sent by an allied Labyrinth or at least as far as we can tell."

"As for his leader personally. He mentioned that she is overconfident in her abilities and that his labyrinth is split on their approval of her. I'm sure this is common knowledge, but she is every bit as brutal as the stories claim. If anyone disobeys her, she delivers their execution brutally and publicly to make an example for her followers. He mentions one time a few years ago when she executed one of her followers and his apprentice managed to escape before she could be executed as well. I believe that escaped apprentices name was Sally Caery." Serge said remembering that one obscure fact that he had learned.

"That do seam to fit with what I have learned about the women earlier."
The old war mage said and nodded.
"Sally Caery I have heard that name before I think she live in one of the Chantries on the outskirts of the Tribunal, a young Orphan, perhaps I will need to contact her then and ask about this."

"As for his labyrinth, I'm afraid I couldn't get any specific information. He mentioned flesh walls, bone floors, monsters guards, and flesh tentacles. He also said that the walls can regenerate and that they could also rearrange themselves to make the maze even more challenging." Serge said with a sigh as he got to the end of his notepad.

"I have heard such descriptions of Labyrinths before, it makes them unpleasant and complicated and it makes it even more important to find a guide...but I have some idea for that...I have never understood the Nephandi's taste in interior design."
Jeffry said and smiled a little.

"And I'm afraid that's all I manged to get. I tried to bring up the topic of avatar fragments but that would always make him shut up or get him angry. And their was no way I could ask about agents among the Chantries in the Tribunal without making him suspicious. When I casually mentioned double-agents he didn't seem to fussed. Their might have been a little bit of hope in his eyes although I think that was just because he thought it was the only way he could escape. I learned a few obscure things like that one of the Prelati's is Japanese but I don't think that will help much." Serge said finally concluding and wondering if he forgot anything.

"Well you have been able to get more out of him then I have Mr Yager, and I did not expect he would willingly answer the more damaging questions. We know that one of the leaders of the Labyrinth is a Japanese woman or at least could guess so from a list of names a...widderslainte boy my apprentice rescued gave us, and I am not so sure our prisoner knows to much about double agents, well in either case you did a good job young man it seams your Mentor have trained you well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 pm

"I agree with your words Sodalis the problem is that Miss Bosh can hide herself behind not knowing the severity of the child's fear. I agree she acted wrong, and she have acted wrong against several members of this Chantry but there are no particular law that covers being to rough with medical care that is the problem. The argument that Mr Wainwright left to care for the girl could be countered with no one having forced that responsibility on him that the girl was in a fully stocked infirmary and there are two powerful Verbena healer on the house to assist and that Miss Bosh can not be held accountable for the emotional response of the girl's future teacher. Now do not get me wrong I fully well know that the situation would not have ended well if Mr Wainwright had not been there I am just saying what the defense could claim. From what I understand Mr Wainwright want Miss Bosh sentenced to cease all pediatric work, as that is her source of income it would be considered major censure...if Master Harris level complaints for insults we can get that easily and perhaps if the three linear magi I know of where their students where treated in ways that where against their Mentor's intent where to file formal complaints then we might make something happen but without that it will be a hard case to persecute." Crexia said

"It's a phobia; I rather think that is clear enough in the severity of it." He frowned. "What if that prisoner had valuable information that we needed, and died of mistreatment? There goes all that information, not that that is my only concern, mind. Those two Verbena healers have already busted their ass all night long and so it would be expected that the other staff would pick up cases if they were able. In doing so they should handle them appropriately. Perhaps it has been hammered into me to treat prisoners as best as we are able, to not be cruel and to be only as severe as necessary, to maintain self control. Otherwise, it's all too easy to become like our enemies. Perhaps that's a strange thing for a soldier to say but it was what I was taught."

"He is a movie character Honored Quesitor well book character really, in either case Pennywise's profession Mr Wainwright is being a alien spider clogging up the sewers I am not sure the comparison works that well for Miss Bosh."
Olamide said and raised an eyebrow.
Crexia was watching the whole exchange rather unmoved then she said.
"So you are making the argument Mr Wainwright that Nurse Bosh could find work in other fields of medicine and so a ban on working with children will not take away her foundation for earning a living, that I might be able to work with for the complaint."

Adley gave Colin a look and then something clicked. "Oh shit, that movie...I saw that when I was a kid. I set up traps around all the sewer drains for weeks. Hm, did you talk to my pater, not to change the topic? No details here, of course, but...all is understood, safe?"

Crexia said. "It should not be to hard to find, follow the stairs to the third floor and in the back you will find the staircase to the attic. I do not need help with the supplies but thank you for asking."

"Yes, ma'am. I will see you there."

"Yes...we did it...we had...losses but we did it."
Udella said and smiled and raised her mug.
"To all of us."

Adley raised his mug also and took a drink.

"I would not mind some help getting the others to their beds though." Udella said and looked at the Master snoring over his toast and the four others who where more or less sleeping.
The old Quesitor asked.
"Well while you two get ready if you don't mind I think I will find some help to get this lot to their beds."
She said and Olamide smiled.
"I will help you honored Quesitor."

"I'll help."

"Here we go Master Holdenmire, let me get you to a bed until members of your Chantry can come and drive you home."
The old Quesitor said kindly and the man who apparently was named Holdenmire looked down at his toast and muttered sleepily.
"Did I fall asleep...oh how embarrassing..."
Though he looked like he would fall asleep again just at any moment.
Udella said as she and Olamide excused themselves and begun to gently wake up and help to the stairs and up to waiting beds the exhausted members of the clean up team.

He smiled tiredly at the Master and gave him a polite nod. "Here, sir let's help get everyone to their rest." He patted Colin on the shoulder. "I look forward to a real conversation with you later...see you soon," he said, leaving to help the other hermetics move their sodales somewhere safe to sleep.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 pm

The old Hermetic gave you a somewhat shocked look.
"Are you sure he said that name young man? Jodie Blake?"
He said and there came a long line of swear words in Latin.
"Dammit did he say where this woman is now? Is she here in Boston?"
He asked urgently.

"You know my uncle had a similar reaction to that name." Serge said glancing at Ryan and then back at the old Hermetic.

"He didn't say where the women was currently located and if I asked he wouldn't have answered. I couldn't think of any subtle ways to ask more about Jodie without getting his guard up. I know they met at a grocery store and that he asked her out to coffee and that was all I manged to get out of him." Serge explained truthfully.

"We have seen some of the same in Chicago where an Labyrinth allied to Larson was attacked by another one, it seam like the woman might have taken water over her head but that do not help us much if she can pull her plans of."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Learning that the same is happening here is important information though but I doubt that is why the Nephandi have Gilgulled their own as those unfortunate magi where reinforcements sent by an allied Labyrinth or at least as far as we can tell."

"Honestly it just sounds like she wants to accumulate power." Serge said. "She's angering other leaders and collecting avatar fragments. Sounds like she wants a fight and she's preparing for it. Although I'm certainly not the best person to be guessing these sorts of things."

"That do seam to fit with what I have learned about the women earlier."
The old war mage said and nodded.
"Sally Caery I have heard that name before I think she live in one of the Chantries on the outskirts of the Tribunal, a young Orphan, perhaps I will need to contact her then and ask about this."

"She seemed to have escaped through a combination of luck and intelligence." Serge explained further. "Everyone was so distracted by the public execution that they didn't notice her slip away. I'm still not sure how she managed to evade the Nephandi long enough to get under the chantries protection though." Serge wondered.

"I have heard such descriptions of Labyrinths before, it makes them unpleasant and complicated and it makes it even more important to find a guide...but I have some idea for that...I have never understood the Nephandi's taste in interior design."

"The prisoner said that it get's comforting knowing that the walls around you were alive. I think it sounds horrifying." Serge said remembering the vivid descriptions and stories that Siege had used. "He also gave a warning that I should never be the first to walk into a labyrinth."

"Well you have been able to get more out of him then I have Mr Yager, and I did not expect he would willingly answer the more damaging questions. We know that one of the leaders of the Labyrinth is a Japanese woman or at least could guess so from a list of names a...widderslainte boy my apprentice rescued gave us, and I am not so sure our prisoner knows to much about double agents, well in either case you did a good job young man it seams your Mentor have trained you well."

"Thank you. I must say that this was a...unique experience for me." Serge said with a smile. "I think he still holds more information but I can't think of any way to get it out of him without using magickal effects."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Adley:

"It's a phobia; I rather think that is clear enough in the severity of it." He frowned. "What if that prisoner had valuable information that we needed, and died of mistreatment? There goes all that information, not that that is my only concern, mind. Those two Verbena healers have already busted their ass all night long and so it would be expected that the other staff would pick up cases if they were able. In doing so they should handle them appropriately. Perhaps it has been hammered into me to treat prisoners as best as we are able, to not be cruel and to be only as severe as necessary, to maintain self control. Otherwise, it's all too easy to become like our enemies. Perhaps that's a strange thing for a soldier to say but it was what I was taught."

"You are completely right from a moral point of view Sodalis, let us look at a fictive situation instead of a real one let us say we had captured a Technocrat suffering from extreme claustrophobia, not that uncommon due to some of their internal punishment methods, it would be wrong to confine this prisoner to a small cell seeing his terror and it would be both wrong and careless to do so if he had a weak heart and we needed him alive. I do believe that when it comes to prisoners we need to take the utmost care to treat them as kindly as possible, for how we treat those who are defenseless reflect on our very character. The girl...Anna was treated wrong, she was exposed to unnecessary fear and trauma. When seeing her react with considerable fear to the shot she wanted to give her Nurse Bosh should have contacted Mr Horton and asked what to do, and preferably another solution should have been found and if a needle had to be used then it should have been done with the utmost care and preferably with the little girl rendered unconscious so she would not get scared, just like in our fictive example such a Technocratic prisoner if no other choice than putting him in a cell was found I would make sure he had someone sitting with him at all times and that medicine to ease his anxiety was offered and anything else that we would reasonably do was done to make him more comfortable...that is what should happen that is how a prisoner should be treated of that we are in perfect agreement soldier or not..."
Crexia said and sigh.
"However I am not discussing morality I am giving moral advice. If I wanted to I could go out and find a hedge wizard who are not a member of the Traditions and torture this person to death or take them as a slave, would it be right no would it be illegal no for they are neither sleepers or members of the traditions, the same with any other Awakened being. If I take another student I could torture that person and the law could not stop me, there are talks about including a ninth Protocol one outlawing cruelty but there is allot of resistance to that and before that is passed being cruel is not enough to get someone sentenced to anything by Tradition law. Miss Bosh's actions when it comes to the girl that your Cabalmate named Anna is very hard to find any ground to claim illegality over, the only thing we can use is disrespect since Mr Wainwright is a guest of Morningstar and are Awakened and she is a linear mage he have higher rank and the child getting hurt upset him, I might be able to argue that case...might but that is also the only thing I can find where she have done anything wrong from a legal point of view in this particular case."
The old Tytalus said and sigh.
"Even if I agree with you Sodalis it is morally wrong."

"Yes, ma'am. I will see you there."

Crexia nodded at that.

"I'll help."

Udella gave you a friendly smile and nodded.
"Thank you Sodalis I appreciate it."

He smiled tiredly at the Master and gave him a polite nod. "Here, sir let's help get everyone to their rest." He patted Colin on the shoulder. "I look forward to a real conversation with you later...see you soon," he said, leaving to help the other hermetics move their sodales somewhere safe to sleep.

Master Holdenmire gave you a tired smile and looked down at the toast still in his hand then he nodded. Luckily the very tired, exhausted group of magi could walk so your job mostly consisted of helping to wake them, get them to their feet and then with Olamide and Udella shepherd them up the stairs to their rooms for the locals and to guest rooms for the members of other Chantries, the work they had done had taken allot out of them and most collapsed in their beds with their clothes on, but at least they where safe, warm and had a place to sleep and nothing more was wrong with them than a need to rest. It was a bit of an absurd task shepherding a group of Master magi so tired they hardly knew where they where like a group of very powerful, Godlike sheep, but with the help of the others you got them all to bed and it was not an unpleasant task.
"I will ask Mr Horton to check in on them, just to me sure."
Olamide offered when the last sleepy Master of the Art had been shown to his room.
"But I think they should be fine...I...would like to retire myself though if no one minds."
She said and Udella nodded.
"Off course Sodalis...you did well, get some rest."

Serge:

"You know my uncle had a similar reaction to that name." Serge said glancing at Ryan and then back at the old Hermetic.

"That do not surprise me Mr Yager."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"He didn't say where the women was currently located and if I asked he wouldn't have answered. I couldn't think of any subtle ways to ask more about Jodie without getting his guard up. I know they met at a grocery store and that he asked her out to coffee and that was all I manged to get out of him." Serge explained truthfully.

"Hopefully she is long gone but this do worry me...hum...I need to find out more about that woman for is she is supporting Larson...that would not be good."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I might have to see what I can get out of the prisoner using force but I really do not want to do that."

"Honestly it just sounds like she wants to accumulate power." Serge said. "She's angering other leaders and collecting avatar fragments. Sounds like she wants a fight and she's preparing for it. Although I'm certainly not the best person to be guessing these sorts of things."

"No she is working towards a ritual that might end the world tonight..."
The old Hermetic said without a hint of humor in his voice.
"She might have gathered power before then but now...she only want this ritual done...destroying her own men and women though grants her nothing...I suspect why she is doing it but it is to early to make any conclusions and the one witness we are having is not saying much..."

"She seemed to have escaped through a combination of luck and intelligence." Serge explained further. "Everyone was so distracted by the public execution that they didn't notice her slip away. I'm still not sure how she managed to evade the Nephandi long enough to get under the chantries protection though." Serge wondered.

"It would have been interesting to talk to her about it, I will contact her Chantry and ask to speak with the woman, she seams smart and capable enough enough and if she did not wish to join the Nephandi then so much the better though off course I always fear the potential for a double agent."

"The prisoner said that it get's comforting knowing that the walls around you were alive. I think it sounds horrifying." Serge said remembering the vivid descriptions and stories that Siege had used. "He also gave a warning that I should never be the first to walk into a labyrinth."

"Well I do not think I would put you on the front line no Mr Yager, I do not think your Mentor would forgive me if I did. However as for the Nephandi, well I guess you can get used to anything, even flesh covered walls but it is not to my tastes."
Jeffry said and smiled.

"Thank you. I must say that this was a...unique experience for me." Serge said with a smile. "I think he still holds more information but I can't think of any way to get it out of him without using magickal effects."

"He probably do and especially when it comes to Jodie Blake I might have to use force to get that out of him, but thank you, what you got out of the man is very useful."
The Security Chief said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:19 pm

"Off course and I am sure he can work with you there, healing, magickal or otherwise is not my field of specialization though."
Colin smiled wryly, "I remember a few coming arguments about force-feeding and the like... But he does recognize personal space."

Olamide glanced at you and raised an eyebrow and said sternly.
"Mr Wainwright, the serum might work on an animal with magickal powers, it is at least a possibility however we are talking about a uncomfortable injection and I would be hesitant to put even a magickal laboratory rat through that. Let us put it this way I got bit by a cat that might have had rabis back a few decades ago meaning I got the old rabis shots, this involves several injections right into the wound and then over a period of ten days 21 shots right into the abdomen. I have also had cortisone injected right into the knee joint twice and getting a dose of that serum when I was in Quiet was worse than both of those so no it is not something one should force on an animal. While I get that animal testing might at a few rare occasions be needed when developing new life saving medicine but I do not think it should be used for anything else."
Olamide said then she looked down.
"Ehm...my apologizes Mr Wainwright I should not have gone out on such a tirade."
The Tytalus said and sigh.
"I just care for the welfare of animals."
She added.
He smiled thinly, raising a hand defensively, "You are preaching to the choir, my dear - we are both weary after the fight and coming off the adrenaline highs. Now, first, I do believe I specified a mundane laboratory rat, which rather excludes the notion of any magical equivalents, and second, I agree that animal testing should be resorted to only in relation to the early trials of medicine. However, I note there are rapid advances in artificially growing living tissue, so in the coming years, there should be even less need for that. In any case, a very simple argument against testing it on anything but a human Mage is that the dose - 3ccs - would be a ridiculous overdose for most other species on the planet, magical or not. Which rolls back to my not seeing an easier way."

Udella had been quiet up until now then she said.
"Most of our prisoners at not someone I would want to move for a test but we could ask Allison, she is the least dangerous of them and a CT scan if I have not gotten how it works wrong is not an uncomfortable examination is it? The machine just makes some noise?"
The old Quesitor asked.
"I have to admit though never to have gotten one done myself but one of my students got falling disease after a Paradox backlash years ago and have check ups and it do not seam to bother him. I would not want to cause a prisoner more distress but if the examination is not painful then asking for a volunteer should not be a problem."
He stared at Udella with a puzzled expression on his face, "Allison... would perhaps make an excellent candidate, especially if we're using that as a 'during' scan while she's still affected. She... I should ask her to come along. But I really think we also need that scan of one person whose dose has freshly run its course."

"Who is Pennywise I am afraid I have not heard about this gentleman, he is an entertainer you say?"
Udella asked and she looked confused.
Olamide said and raised an eyebrow. One of the sleeping Masters, a roundish woman with long, curly brown hair muttered in her sleep only hearing the word spider.
"I have to remember to buy food for my student's pet tarantula before the pet stores closes...oh it is Sunday is it not...the poor thing is hungry."
Olamide glanced in the woman's direction.
"What was that Master Wilcox?"
She asked but the plump Master of Forces where already happily sleeping again completely exhausted from her work with destroying the Labyrinth. Crexia was watching the whole exchange rather unmoved then she said.
He smiled wryly, "Strictly speaking, Pennywise was a form of that shapeshifting spider-thing... but very well, let's bring up a more relevant example; Typhoid Mary was a cook, and went to the extremes of changing her name to keep working as one when her name was so thoroughly warned against... even after prison stays to isolate her, she did not see the danger she posed, and people died..."
He nodded to Crexia, "Her particular skill set means that she should be quite capable of finding relevant work that does not require her to interact with conscious children."

Adley gave Colin a look and then something clicked. "Oh shit, that movie...I saw that when I was a kid. I set up traps around all the sewer drains for weeks. Hm, did you talk to my pater, not to change the topic? No details here, of course, but...all is understood, safe?"
He grinned wryly, "I almost feel old now; I saw it as I came home after getting my face stapled back together... And yes, I did speak with him. I warned him to add another fire extinguisher to his office before we return to report, just in case... and to make doubly sure it's scrywarded. He was not happy when I briefly outlined the serum's nature... but I think your little brother will be safe with one more injection. But no more than that, not for a few years at least..."

He smiled, "And Udella, don't forget that we're meeting up for that bubble with Lady Crexia and Adley afterwards - there are some important details I need to impart..."

He nodded to Adley and thoughtfully chewed on another bit of sausage, "There's a lot to cover... not all of it good, and some of it... you might want to not hear at all. I don't know how much you remember of the... conversation under the tree, but I've taken the liberty of chasing a lead or two from there, to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree. Turns out I was, but nevertheless... there's a little new information for you, if you want it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next