Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 9 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:40 pm

"That do not surprise me Mr Yager."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Hopefully she is long gone but this do worry me...hum...I need to find out more about that woman for is she is supporting Larson...that would not be good."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I might have to see what I can get out of the prisoner using force but I really do not want to do that."

"Do you mind if I ask who she is?" Serge asked earnestly. "All I know is that she is one of the best Nephandi's recruiter, at least according to the prisoner."

"No she is working towards a ritual that might end the world tonight..."
The old Hermetic said without a hint of humor in his voice.
"She might have gathered power before then but now...she only want this ritual done...destroying her own men and women though grants her nothing...I suspect why she is doing it but it is to early to make any conclusions and the one witness we are having is not saying much..."

"O-o-ok then." Serge said, a little taken aback by the sudden declaration of worldly destruction. Trying to think of something else to say, Serge found nothing and just remained silent.

"It would have been interesting to talk to her about it, I will contact her Chantry and ask to speak with the woman, she seams smart and capable enough enough and if she did not wish to join the Nephandi then so much the better though off course I always fear the potential for a double agent."

"She was never given the option of joining the Nephandi." Serge corrected. "That's why her mentor was executed. Because he refused to give her the option of getting Cauled. Of course I doubt she wants to join the Nephandi now."

"He probably do and especially when it comes to Jodie Blake I might have to use force to get that out of him, but thank you, what you got out of the man is very useful."
The Security Chief said and smiled.

"No problem." Serge said with a slight nod. "If their's anything else I can do please let me know. Otherwise I'll probably just sit in my room drawing the whole day and my mentor hates it when I do that."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 9 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "I remember a few coming arguments about force-feeding and the like... But he does recognize personal space."

"I see, well I assume Dr Lee will be concerned about the child's health and if she have had...ehm will have periods of not eating I can see how the issue can come up but such matters will be for you as her Mentor to decide on. You might want to contact Dr Lee's Mentor he is a pediatrician, he might be a better choice to care for her than Dr Lee himself that can be a little rough around the edges at times, very caring but rough around the edges."

He smiled thinly, raising a hand defensively, "You are preaching to the choir, my dear - we are both weary after the fight and coming off the adrenaline highs. Now, first, I do believe I specified a mundane laboratory rat, which rather excludes the notion of any magical equivalents, and second, I agree that animal testing should be resorted to only in relation to the early trials of medicine. However, I note there are rapid advances in artificially growing living tissue, so in the coming years, there should be even less need for that. In any case, a very simple argument against testing it on anything but a human Mage is that the dose - 3ccs - would be a ridiculous overdose for most other species on the planet, magical or not. Which rolls back to my not seeing an easier way."

Olamide nodded.
"I have heard about those advances in research yes and yes indeed you did specify a mundane lab rat...I am sorry for jumping to conclusions. I...guess you are right we are coming of an adrenaline high and we are all on edge and tired, never the less I am sorry."
She said and inclined her head to you.

He stared at Udella with a puzzled expression on his face, "Allison... would perhaps make an excellent candidate, especially if we're using that as a 'during' scan while she's still affected. She... I should ask her to come along. But I really think we also need that scan of one person whose dose has freshly run its course."

"I might agree that a during test and one where the serum have run it's course would be beneficial, if you are ok with it Mr Wainwright though I have to also express concern for your safety."
Udella said then she nodded.
"We can ask Allison once we are done in the time bubble then, like I said if the examination is not something that will bring her much discomfort."

He smiled wryly, "Strictly speaking, Pennywise was a form of that shapeshifting spider-thing... but very well, let's bring up a more relevant example; Typhoid Mary was a cook, and went to the extremes of changing her name to keep working as one when her name was so thoroughly warned against... even after prison stays to isolate her, she did not see the danger she posed, and people died..."
He nodded to Crexia, "Her particular skill set means that she should be quite capable of finding relevant work that does not require her to interact with conscious children."

"Well regardless of who this fictional spider person is, certainly we can make the argument, however unless Lady Arden get some others to also complain about Miss Bosh, ones that have a stronger case I doubt I can get the Deacon Council to agree to sentence her to change her profession."
Crexia said and frowned.

He smiled, "And Udella, don't forget that we're meeting up for that bubble with Lady Crexia and Adley afterwards - there are some important details I need to impart..."

"I am going to be there."
Udella said and smiled a little.
"Once I have gotten the others off to bed."

Serge:

"Do you mind if I ask who she is?" Serge asked earnestly. "All I know is that she is one of the best Nephandi's recruiter, at least according to the prisoner."

"That is exactly who is is, an infamous Nephandi requiter, not much is known about her but she is damn good at luring mages to the ranks of the Fallen and where that woman go, trouble follows."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"She have made quite a bit of a name for herself."

"O-o-ok then." Serge said, a little taken aback by the sudden declaration of worldly destruction. Trying to think of something else to say, Serge found nothing and just remained silent.

Ryan just patted you on the shoulder and gave you a tired sigh.
"Welcome to the war kid."

"She was never given the option of joining the Nephandi." Serge corrected. "That's why her mentor was executed. Because he refused to give her the option of getting Cauled. Of course I doubt she wants to join the Nephandi now."

"So her teacher did not want to make her Fall, damn it seams I have finally found a Nephandus I like, figures it is a dead Nephandus, in either case we have to follow up and check up on this woman, hopefully she just dodged a bullet and are a productive member of the Traditions but we must make sure."
The old Hermetic said.

"No problem." Serge said with a slight nod. "If their's anything else I can do please let me know. Otherwise I'll probably just sit in my room drawing the whole day and my mentor hates it when I do that."

"I see well drawing is a fine way to express yourself young man but if it is all you do then there could off course be an issue with it...there are a few things I could need your help with, first of all I mentioned the young widderslainte my student rescued, I am taking him on as an apprentice but until we have dealt with Lisa Larson and her plan I can not let him wander around...I can not take the chance and his magick is being controlled by a serum, this serum makes him feel rather miserable though and he will be getting a new dose of it soon I am sure a visit from someone closer to his age might help him and I do not have the time to help him as much as I should right now...secondly I need someone to check on another prisoner that a man named Tane Karyak have...sort of taken under his wing and is keeping in his room, a woman from your former Chantry I need someone to check that she is well and are being kept in a reasonable way, Mr Karyak can be somewhat...headstrong..."
Jeffry said.
"Other than that we have a team arriving back from a Chantry in Chicago soon, I might need some help organizing things when they arrive given that most of my personal are on some guard duty or another at the moment."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:15 pm

He grinned wryly, "I almost feel old now; I saw it as I came home after getting my face stapled back together... And yes, I did speak with him. I warned him to add another fire extinguisher to his office before we return to report, just in case... and to make doubly sure it's scrywarded. He was not happy when I briefly outlined the serum's nature... but I think your little brother will be safe with one more injection. But no more than that, not for a few years at least..."

He nodded, though concern still showed in his eyes.

"You are completely right from a moral point of view Sodalis...Even if I agree with you Sodalis it is morally wrong."

"Is it a law just if it is also immoral?" he asked, shaking his head. "Well, there is no use discussing it right now." He frowned.

He nodded to Adley and thoughtfully chewed on another bit of sausage, "There's a lot to cover... not all of it good, and some of it... you might want to not hear at all. I don't know how much you remember of the... conversation under the tree, but I've taken the liberty of chasing a lead or two from there, to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree. Turns out I was, but nevertheless... there's a little new information for you, if you want it."

"Hmm, well, I think that's probably bound to be relevant."

It was a bit of an absurd task shepherding a group of Master magi so tired they hardly knew where they where like a group of very powerful, Godlike sheep, but with the help of the others you got them all to bed and it was not an unpleasant task.

"I will ask Mr Horton to check in on them, just to me sure." Olamide offered when the last sleepy Master of the Art had been shown to his room.
"But I think they should be fine...I...would like to retire myself though if no one minds." She said and Udella nodded. "Off course Sodalis...you did well, get some rest."

He nodded to Olamide. "Good idea, or I can do that before I head to the other room so you can get some rest," he offered.

//It's 100F...no lie, and was yesterday and is going to be tomorrow. So hot that even my cactus got a sunburn and there's rolling blackout warnings.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 pm

"So her teacher did not want to make her Fall, damn it seams I have finally found a Nephandus I like, figures it is a dead Nephandus, in either case we have to follow up and check up on this woman, hopefully she just dodged a bullet and are a productive member of the Traditions but we must make sure."
The old Hermetic said.

"Yeah I was surprised too. Even the prisoner has his soft side. He told that one of the things he wanted to do after his trial was to meet up with his mentor and apologize for all the pain he caused him. Of course he's still fanatically devoted to his cause but he still shows empathy to those who were important in his life, even if he completely betrayed them." Serge said remembering the range of emotions that he saw within the prisoner.

"I see well drawing is a fine way to express yourself young man but if it is all you do then there could off course be an issue with it...there are a few things I could need your help with, first of all I mentioned the young widderslainte my student rescued, I am taking him on as an apprentice but until we have dealt with Lisa Larson and her plan I can not let him wander around...I can not take the chance and his magick is being controlled by a serum, this serum makes him feel rather miserable though and he will be getting a new dose of it soon I am sure a visit from someone closer to his age might help him and I do not have the time to help him as much as I should right now...secondly I need someone to check on another prisoner that a man named Tane Karyak have...sort of taken under his wing and is keeping in his room, a woman from your former Chantry I need someone to check that she is well and are being kept in a reasonable way, Mr Karyak can be somewhat...headstrong..."
Jeffry said.
"Other than that we have a team arriving back from a Chantry in Chicago soon, I might need some help organizing things when they arrive given that most of my personal are on some guard duty or another at the moment."

"Sounds like their's a lot to do." Serge said with a little bit of regret in his voice not actually expecting anymore work to do. "How old is that widderslainte? What's his name? If he has a sense of humor than I think I can make his day a little bit more fun. I've got a couple of drawings I've been wanting to show to someone." Serge said with a smile.

"As for that women from my old chantry. Is that Cadence?" Serge asked remembering his grim conversation with Ryan in the car. "I guess I can check up on her. Will Tane get angry at me for going into his room? I know their are a couple of mages who don't like people entering their rooms without their permissions."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:38 pm

"I see, well I assume Dr Lee will be concerned about the child's health and if she have had...ehm will have periods of not eating I can see how the issue can come up but such matters will be for you as her Mentor to decide on. You might want to contact Dr Lee's Mentor he is a pediatrician, he might be a better choice to care for her than Dr Lee himself that can be a little rough around the edges at times, very caring but rough around the edges."
Colin smiled thinly, "I'll make a note of that... Perhaps his mentor will consider seeing it as good practice for Dr. Lee, though."

Olamide nodded.
"I have heard about those advances in research yes and yes indeed you did specify a mundane lab rat...I am sorry for jumping to conclusions. I...guess you are right we are coming of an adrenaline high and we are all on edge and tired, never the less I am sorry."
She said and inclined her head to you.
He smiled, "No harm, no foul, as they say. Really, if I were so callous, do you really think I would have gone so out of my way to rescue the cat from the Labyrinth?"

"I might agree that a during test and one where the serum have run it's course would be beneficial, if you are ok with it Mr Wainwright though I have to also express concern for your safety."
Udella said then she nodded.
"We can ask Allison once we are done in the time bubble then, like I said if the examination is not something that will bring her much discomfort."
He nodded, "I am not entirely keen on the experience in and of itself, but... I think the opportunity to learn firsthand, by voluntarily going through it without being stressed initially, outweighs the risks of a single dose. I would not so readily take a second dose... And the examination takes place in a great machine that... well, you lie on a stretcher, and your head goes into a large cylindrical hollow. The noise is negligible, but claustrophobia would present a problem... I don't believe Allison suffers from that, though."

"Well regardless of who this fictional spider person is, certainly we can make the argument, however unless Lady Arden get some others to also complain about Miss Bosh, ones that have a stronger case I doubt I can get the Deacon Council to agree to sentence her to change her profession."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "Again, it's not her profession that's the problem, just the specialization within said profession."

"I am going to be there."
Udella said and smiled a little.
"Once I have gotten the others off to bed."
He grinned, "Yes, time to tuck in the younglings. I'll see you in a few minutes, then."

((OOC: Gak, 100F is... above human average body temperature. That shit would kill me; my body is usually at 97... Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Adley:

"Is it a law just if it is also immoral?" he asked, shaking his head. "Well, there is no use discussing it right now." He frowned.

"No it is not just...but I do believe that you have encountered examples of our laws not necessarily being just a few times lately Sodalis."
Crexia said and sigh.
"I wish I could snap my fingers and make all our laws just and good but while we can work on chancing them politically just ignoring laws that we do not agree with or punishing someone when there is no law that have been broken will just lead to chaos."
She said, very patiently.

He nodded to Olamide. "Good idea, or I can do that before I head to the other room so you can get some rest," he offered.

"Thank you Sodalis I appreciate it."
Olamide said and smiled.
"It have been nice working with you Mr Roth Hicks."
She said and inclined her head towards you.
"You know where the infirmary is right? Where you can find Mr Horton?"

Serge:

"Yeah I was surprised too. Even the prisoner has his soft side. He told that one of the things he wanted to do after his trial was to meet up with his mentor and apologize for all the pain he caused him. Of course he's still fanatically devoted to his cause but he still shows empathy to those who were important in his life, even if he completely betrayed them." Serge said remembering the range of emotions that he saw within the prisoner.

"One of the most dangerous things you can do when it comes to the Nephandi Mr Yager is to forget that they are human beings, they have a cause and an ideology we must fight against and many of them have a deplorable moral system but they are still human beings with loves, fears, hopes and dreams and in a way that is also their greatest weapon, just a monster you would never listen to, a strange man with odd beliefs though...yes you have the puppy kicking, demon summoning maniacs, but they are the Nephandi's cannon fodder the dangerous ones are the ones that seam...so very normal."
Jeffry said softly.

"Sounds like their's a lot to do." Serge said with a little bit of regret in his voice not actually expecting anymore work to do.

"We have been at it day and night for most of the week Mr Yager yes there is allot of work to do."
The old Hermetic said and he gave you a tired look.

"How old is that widderslainte? What's his name? If he has a sense of humor than I think I can make his day a little bit more fun. I've got a couple of drawings I've been wanting to show to someone." Serge said with a smile.

"He is fifteen...well drawings will do I suppose, he needs company that is the main thing, the poor kid have been captured by a faction he have been told will destroy his magick and his soul...who might still do just that if the trial do not go his way, been given a painful injection to control his magick twice and will be given it again and have been thrown in a cell, he is a brave kid but he is scared."
Jeffry said sounding very concerned.

"As for that women from my old chantry. Is that Cadence Clearwater?" Serge asked remembering his grim conversation with Ryan in the car.

"Yes it is Miss Clearwater I am referring to."
Jeffry confirmed. Ryan looked very little happy about you being sent to have anything to do with the Fallen Chorister girl.

"I guess I can check up on her. Will Tane get angry at me for going into his room? I know their are a couple of mages who don't like people entering their rooms without their permissions."

"You have a hand Mr Yager and Mr Karyak have a door I suggest you put the two of them together and knock before entering the man's room or the good Dreamspeaker would have every right to be angry with you, so would most everyone else here if you enter anyone's room without leave."
Jeffry said sternly.

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "I'll make a note of that... Perhaps his mentor will consider seeing it as good practice for Dr. Lee, though."

"That you will have to discuss with two Akashics I am just mentioning the man's profession."
Jeffry said over the phone.

He smiled, "No harm, no foul, as they say. Really, if I were so callous, do you really think I would have gone so out of my way to rescue the cat from the Labyrinth?"

"No...off course not...I am sorry Mr Wainwright."
Olamide said and sigh.

He nodded, "I am not entirely keen on the experience in and of itself, but... I think the opportunity to learn firsthand, by voluntarily going through it without being stressed initially, outweighs the risks of a single dose. I would not so readily take a second dose... And the examination takes place in a great machine that... well, you lie on a stretcher, and your head goes into a large cylindrical hollow. The noise is negligible, but claustrophobia would present a problem... I don't believe Allison suffers from that, though."

"You may be right, and perhaps stress have a factor to play with the serum but I somehow doubt it, but as you said you should be fine with one dose so I will not protest on it. As for this machine it do not sound to bad I would ask Allison about claustrophobia though her Mentor had it and I have read somewhere that phobias are often inherited from those close around you. I guess it makes sense if you see someone you love being afraid of something it is easy for your brain to think that thing is dangerous."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, "Again, it's not her profession that's the problem, just the specialization within said profession."

"Again Mr Wainwright Miss Bosh profession is not relevant there is no legal grounds to make her change it, she have not committed a crime by Tradition law, or if she have it is a very, very minor one that can give a mild reprimand and not force her to change her employment. The other cases...there might be something there but this whole case is on shaky grounds, she tried to calm down a terrified prisoner, she made a mistake was to forceful and the prisoner got even more scared that is not going to be seen as a crime in any Tribunal...I personally agree with you but the law do not."
Crexia said clearly she was getting tired of explaining this point repeatedly and there was a slight edge to her voice.

He grinned, "Yes, time to tuck in the younglings. I'll see you in a few minutes, then."

Udella smiled at that as she went to help the exhausted Masters to their beds.

(OOC: Those temperatures would kill a Secacean flat.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 pm

"No it is not just...but I do believe that you have encountered examples of our laws not necessarily being just a few times lately Sodalis."
Crexia said and sigh. "I wish I could snap my fingers and make all our laws just and good but while we can work on chancing them politically just ignoring laws that we do not agree with or punishing someone when there is no law that have been broken will just lead to chaos." She said, very patiently.

"I'm not in favor of no laws, but we could adapt over time. I'm just...frustrated. Besides that, all there is left to say say is that I'm starting to understand why certamen was kept as on as an option in the Order all these years." He shrugged. He didn't have the energy to debate over something he couldn't change at the moment.

"Thank you Sodalis I appreciate it." Olamide said and smiled. "It have been nice working with you Mr Roth Hicks."

"You too, rest well, sodalis."

She said and inclined her head towards you. "You know where the infirmary is right? Where you can find Mr Horton?"

He nodded back, something like a short bow. "Yes, I will let him know to check on them, and you as well?" he asked. To Udella, he said, "I will meet you in the room, momentarily," he added, before heading down to talk to Mr Horton.

// yeah it's really a bit hot lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:02 am

"One of the most dangerous things you can do when it comes to the Nephandi Mr Yager is to forget that they are human beings, they have a cause and an ideology we must fight against and many of them have a deplorable moral system but they are still human beings with loves, fears, hopes and dreams and in a way that is also their greatest weapon, just a monster you would never listen to, a strange man with odd beliefs though...yes you have the puppy kicking, demon summoning maniacs, but they are the Nephandi's cannon fodder the dangerous ones are the ones that seam...so very normal."
Jeffry said softly.

"That is exactly what Siege said to me." Serge said smirking at the similarity between the two speeches he had heard.

"I'll keep that in mind for the future."

"He is fifteen...well drawings will do I suppose, he needs company that is the main thing, the poor kid have been captured by a faction he have been told will destroy his magick and his soul...who might still do just that if the trial do not go his way, been given a painful injection to control his magick twice and will be given it again and have been thrown in a cell, he is a brave kid but he is scared."
Jeffry said sounding very concerned.

Fifteen? Wow he is young. Still I'll do what I can to keep him company." Serge reassured Jeffry. "What's his name? Is their anything I should know about him before I go and speak with him? Any sort of topics I should avoid and things like that?"

"Yes it is Miss Clearwater I am referring to."
Jeffry confirmed. Ryan looked very little happy about you being sent to have anything to do with the Fallen Chorister girl.

"I can go check on her." Serge said glancing at Ryan's unhappy face. "Is that all you want me to do? Just go and make sure she is being kept reasonably?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:51 am

"No...off course not...I am sorry Mr Wainwright."
Olamide said and sigh.
Colin smiled, "Quite alright."

"You may be right, and perhaps stress have a factor to play with the serum but I somehow doubt it, but as you said you should be fine with one dose so I will not protest on it. As for this machine it do not sound to bad I would ask Allison about claustrophobia though her Mentor had it and I have read somewhere that phobias are often inherited from those close around you. I guess it makes sense if you see someone you love being afraid of something it is easy for your brain to think that thing is dangerous."
Udella said and nodded.
He shrugged, "I don't think stress will affect the serum's working - it will, however, affect one's ability to accurately observe the effects in oneself. And it may increase the reported nausea and headache that seems to be commonplace with the shot. And yes, I will ask Allison to assist... and did not get the impression she has claustrophobia; that was just her Mentor's personal issues."

"Again Mr Wainwright Miss Bosh profession is not relevant there is no legal grounds to make her change it, she have not committed a crime by Tradition law, or if she have it is a very, very minor one that can give a mild reprimand and not force her to change her employment. The other cases...there might be something there but this whole case is on shaky grounds, she tried to calm down a terrified prisoner, she made a mistake was to forceful and the prisoner got even more scared that is not going to be seen as a crime in any Tribunal...I personally agree with you but the law do not."
Crexia said clearly she was getting tired of explaining this point repeatedly and there was a slight edge to her voice.
He nodded, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Ma'am, I think we are in agreement and talking past one another... I might be more tired than I thought."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:26 am

Adley:

"I'm not in favor of no laws, but we could adapt over time. I'm just...frustrated. Besides that, all there is left to say say is that I'm starting to understand why certamen was kept as on as an option in the Order all these years." He shrugged. He didn't have the energy to debate over something he couldn't change at the moment.

"Agreed the laws should change, I am in total agreement about that and I am one of those who have been lobbying for that ninth Protocol I told you about, however I have to give legal advice about the law as it stands not as it should be."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"Yes Certaman have it's place indeed..."
She muttered.

"You too, rest well, sodalis."

Olamide gave you a big smile.
"Thank you Sodalis."

He nodded back, something like a short bow. "Yes, I will let him know to check on them, and you as well?" he asked. To Udella, he said, "I will meet you in the room, momentarily," he added, before heading down to talk to Mr Horton.

"Good then I will leave it to you thank Sodalis and have a plesant day."
Oldamide said before she bowed to Udella and nodded to you and left for her room to get some sleep. Udella nodded.
"Very well I will meet you there Sodalis."
She said and smiled.
You got to the infirmary there was a pack of mages from the strike team there to get their tetanus shots, have minor cuts and bruises seen to and generally get checked out. Jimmy Ross that you had already met and a grumpy looking nurse stood taking care of the waiting magi. Alex Horton had his bag and was on his way out of the infirmary seeing you he gave you a nod of his head.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks I was just on my way to see to the prisoner that needs medical care...did you come up here for a reason? Is anyone hurt?"

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Quite alright."

Olamide just nodded at that.

He shrugged, "I don't think stress will affect the serum's working - it will, however, affect one's ability to accurately observe the effects in oneself. And it may increase the reported nausea and headache that seems to be commonplace with the shot.

"True enough long ago when I...had a child, rare as that might be among mages while I was pregant I do remember that while I definitely was nauseous if I was also stressed it did get worse."
Udella said and smiled a bit fond at the memory.

And yes, I will ask Allison to assist... and did not get the impression she has claustrophobia; that was just her Mentor's personal issues."

"Well as long as we ask her and no I did not get that impression either. Well at least her Mentor's problem saved Allison as she did not want to put the girl in the Caul which means she can be saved."
Udella mushed.

He nodded, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Ma'am, I think we are in agreement and talking past one another... I might be more tired than I thought."

Crexia sigh and nodded.
"It have been a long night...well let us let the matter rest for now."
She said as she stood.
"If you will ask this Allison if she will be willing to take part in this experiment in an half hours time or so while I get the supplies from Mirri and prepare for the time bubble in the attic and you can head up there when you are ready."
The archmage said as she stood, gave everyone a polite nod and she waited for a reply and then going to the kitchen.

Serge:

"That is exactly what Siege said to me." Serge said smirking at the similarity between the two speeches he had heard.

"I'll keep that in mind for the future."

"I am not surprised Mr Yager...but really it is true for all our enemies it is tempting to see them just as nameless and faceless but by seeing them as human you can anticipate human reactions and motivations, making you far more effective in fighting them."

Fifteen? Wow he is young. Still I'll do what I can to keep him company." Serge reassured Jeffry. "What's his name? Is their anything I should know about him before I go and speak with him? Any sort of topics I should avoid and things like that?"

"It is not uncommon for widderslainte to be found as toddlers, but yes he is young, and I wish I could shield him from all...that is going to happen."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"I named him Kyle when I took him as my apprentice but he might not be comfortable with that name yet his old name is Raymond. And there is not really any topics you should avoid but since his trial could go badly do not discuss Gilgul unless he bring it up and if he do then just try to take his mind of it and reassure him that he stand a good chance as the apprentice of a Master of the Art. Be kind to him, he is just a child."

"I can go check on her." Serge said glancing at Ryan's unhappy face. "Is that all you want me to do? Just go and make sure she is being kept reasonably?"

"Yes off course if there is any troubles with how Miss Clearwater is being kept you will have to rapport that back to me so I can take action but for now just checking on things should be enough...Mr Karyak is young...he can not be much older than you I have let him have responsibility for the prisoner but not completely unsupervised."
Jeffry said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:26 pm

"It is not uncommon for widderslainte to be found as toddlers, but yes he is young, and I wish I could shield him from all...that is going to happen."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"I named him Kyle when I took him as my apprentice but he might not be comfortable with that name yet his old name is Raymond. And there is not really any topics you should avoid but since his trial could go badly do not discuss Gilgul unless he bring it up and if he do then just try to take his mind of it and reassure him that he stand a good chance as the apprentice of a Master of the Art. Be kind to him, he is just a child."

"Honestly, I'm probably just going to show him fun drawings, maybe make a portrait of him as a cool superhero, ask him about his favorite things, and make bad references to tv shows and movies. You know, treat him like an actual fifteen year old. He's probably tired of everyone looking at him like a monster or a prisoner." Serge said.

"Yes off course if there is any troubles with how Miss Clearwater is being kept you will have to rapport that back to me so I can take action but for now just checking on things should be enough...Mr Karyak is young...he can not be much older than you I have let him have responsibility for the prisoner but not completely unsupervised."
Jeffry said and smiled.

"That doesn't sound like it'll take to long." Serge said. "I can go right now and check up on her real quick. Then come back her and tell you how she's being kept."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:35 pm

"Honestly, I'm probably just going to show him fun drawings, maybe make a self-portrait of him as a cool superhero, ask him about his favorite things, and make bad references to tv shows and movies. You know, treat him like an actual fifteen year old. He's probably tired of everyone looking at him like a monster or a prisoner." Serge said.

"I think he would appreciate that after all whatever else he is, he is an fifteen year old kid, he is also a Fallen mage, though he have not harmed anyone not yet his father have kept him in line so he have a chance, but beyond that he is a scared teenager who needs a friend."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"That doesn't sound like it'll take to long." Serge said. "I can go right now and check up on her real quick. Then come back her and tell you how she's being kept."

"Very well thank you Mr Yager that sounds good."
The Security Chief said and nodded.
"I appreciate it."

(OOC: When we get to Serge knocking on Tane's door we will split the scene if that is ok, letting that scene run when Tane's player respond while at the same time continuing with the rest of the story that is the way I have done it when Adley and Colin have interacted with Tane since his player post much more infrequently it would be a shame to just stop the story for your character to wait for him while at the same time he is not stressed to post more often when we just run the two scenes at the same time so it can take the time it takes. if that is ok with you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:51 pm

"I think he would appreciate that after all whatever else he is, he is an fifteen year old kid, he is also a Fallen mage, though he have not harmed anyone not yet his father have kept him in line so he have a chance, but beyond that he is a scared teenager who needs a friend."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"Where's he being kept?" Serge asked still not too familiar with the layout of the chantry.

"Very well thank you Mr Yager that sounds good."
The Security Chief said and nodded.
"I appreciate it."

"It's the least I can do." Serge said. "Where is Tane's room?"

((OOC: Sounds good. Time for Serge to meet Shark Sword Smile)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:58 pm

"Where's he being kept?" Serge asked still not too familiar with the layout of the chantry.

"Down in the basement where you just where, under the stairs to the left there is a room. Kyle is being kept there."
Jeffry explained.

"It's the least I can do." Serge said. "Where is Tane's room?"

"Up on the second floor."
The Hermetic said and he gave you Tane's room number.
"If you get lost just ask someone I am sure they will be helpful."

(OOC: Great. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:58 pm

You got to the infirmary there was a pack of mages from the strike team there to get their tetanus shots, have minor cuts and bruises seen to and generally get checked out. Jimmy Ross that you had already met and a grumpy looking nurse stood taking care of the waiting magi. Alex Horton had his bag and was on his way out of the infirmary seeing you he gave you a nod of his head. "Ah Mr Roth Hicks I was just on my way to see to the prisoner that needs medical care...did you come up here for a reason? Is anyone hurt?"

"Ah, I was asked to deliver a message to you, sir. And I also have a personal request," he said. He took out a notebook and quickly wrote out a note for him to read so that the others would not over hear. 'There were several mages that were in the cleanup team that are resting upstairs. Those that do not live here are in guest rooms. Will you please check on them in a little while to see if they are okay?' ran the first line, with the rooms listed to check. The second: 'One of the prisoners that came in was a captive; a slave and he is in a poor state of mind. He was tortured badly by one of the Nephandi and I would ask that he be treated with care as he is severely traumatized. He may see some of the treatments, if applied in too strong a manner, as punishments or torture tactics out of his fears and react badly. We need him to be able to built rapport with us again and interact with us in the future. As a personal request, will you please see to it that the healers that attend to him are of a compassionate temperament? It is very important.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Alex took the offered notebook and read over what you had written, he held his hand out for the pen and replied in writing.

'There were several mages that were in the cleanup team that are resting upstairs. Those that do not live here are in guest rooms. Will you please check on them in a little while to see if they are okay?' ran the first line, with the rooms listed to check.

"I will go and check on them."
Alex wrote simply as an reply.

The second: 'One of the prisoners that came in was a captive; a slave and he is in a poor state of mind. He was tortured badly by one of the Nephandi and I would ask that he be treated with care as he is severely traumatized. He may see some of the treatments, if applied in too strong a manner, as punishments or torture tactics out of his fears and react badly. We need him to be able to built rapport with us again and interact with us in the future. As a personal request, will you please see to it that the healers that attend to him are of a compassionate temperament? It is very important.'

"I noticed his fear when I examined him, he will not let me examine his hands and where very frightened when I removed the bindings. I have put it in his journal for now that none but me touches him, the poor boy needs rest. The serum was suggested for him but I have refused it on medical grounds I do not want to frighten him and it is not needed it is doubtful a Verditius can work much magic without his tools. For now I have him in a bed here in the infirmary but I am going to have him moved, loud sounds scare him and he needs rest. On a positive note once he is calmer and trusts us given the equipment of of Tradition's clinic on Horizon I might be able to heal his hands, for now I am keeping everyone but me and Mr Ross who is very kind and calm away from him."
Alex wrote and he nodded at the bed that William lay in, the hedge wizard was looking around nervously, scared by all the people in the room he did smile at you though before he pulled his covers up over his head with his badly healed hands. Alex handed the notebook back to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:25 pm

"Down in the basement where you just where, under the stairs to the left there is a room. Kyle is being kept there."
Jeffry explained.
"Up on the second floor."
The Hermetic said and he gave you Tane's room number.
"If you get lost just ask someone I am sure they will be helpful."

"Thank you." Serge said taking Tane's room nymber and writing down the direction to Kyle's room in his notepad.

"I guess I'll be going now." Serge said with a polite wave of goodbye as he got up and began to exit the old Hermetic's room and started heading towards his room to retrieve a couple of things before heading to Tane's room to check up on Cadence and going to the basement to keep Kyle company.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:26 pm

"True enough long ago when I...had a child, rare as that might be among mages while I was pregant I do remember that while I definitely was nauseous if I was also stressed it did get worse."
Udella said and smiled a bit fond at the memory.
Colin smiled, "That would sound about right... I do wonder, though, if advocating Magi to have children of their own would be a good thing. I'm inclined to think it might be."

"Well as long as we ask her and no I did not get that impression either. Well at least her Mentor's problem saved Allison as she did not want to put the girl in the Caul which means she can be saved."
Udella mushed.
He smiled slyly, "Yes, in my memory of that particular aspect of the future, she had an excellent Mentor; she was becoming a quite fine member of the Order."

Crexia sigh and nodded.
"It have been a long night...well let us let the matter rest for now."
She said as she stood.
"If you will ask this Allison if she will be willing to take part in this experiment in an half hours time or so while I get the supplies from Mirri and prepare for the time bubble in the attic and you can head up there when you are ready."
The archmage said as she stood, gave everyone a polite nod and she waited for a reply and then going to the kitchen.
He nodded, "Will do... But perhaps I should say about 45 minutes, rather than half an hour, so we have the time to get updated after the time bubble, as well? Hum, I was rather in a rush on my return - where are the captives held?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:58 pm

"I noticed his fear when I examined him, he will not let me examine his hands and where very frightened when I removed the bindings. I have put it in his journal for now that none but me touches him, the poor boy needs rest. The serum was suggested for him but I have refused it on medical grounds I do not want to frighten him and it is not needed it is doubtful a Verditius can work much magic without his tools. For now I have him in a bed here in the infirmary but I am going to have him moved, loud sounds scare him and he needs rest. On a positive note once he is calmer and trusts us given the equipment of of Tradition's clinic on Horizon I might be able to heal his hands, for now I am keeping everyone but me and Mr Ross who is very kind and calm away from him."

He nodded as he read the note, a bit of the stressed look relaxing on his face. He said to Mr Horton, "Thank you. That is very much appreciated." He added to the note: 'Please let the Chief know discreetly where to and when he is moved, for security reasons.' He looked over to where Mr Horton indicated to see if William was awake or resting, and saw he was awake and anxious. He gave him an encouraging nod and tired smile as William pulled the covers up over himself. Adley said to the healer, "I should be going now, thank you again." He left the infirmary and made his way back towards the room with the fireplace to burn that last note and then on to the room Lady Crexia had said they should meet up within.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Serge:

"Thank you." Serge said taking Tane's room nymber and writing down the direction to Kyle's room in his notepad.

"I guess I'll be going now." Serge said with a polite wave of goodbye as he got up and began to exit the old Hermetic's room and started heading towards his room to retrieve a couple of things before heading to Tane's room to check up on Cadence.

Jeffry nodded as you left.
"Thank you again young man."
He said then Ryan said.
"I live in room 301 so if there is anything you should come and see me and be careful around these Fallen...be really careful."
He said before he gave you a nod and headed up the stairs.

You got to Tane's room and knock on the door.

After talking with Tane:

You left the Dreamspeaker's room, it was still morning now and then you saw other Chantry residents pass by you and give you a curious look, wondering who the new person was.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "That would sound about right... I do wonder, though, if advocating Magi to have children of their own would be a good thing. I'm inclined to think it might be."

"For me it was a rewarding experience having a son...I loved him very much and he became a fine young man and a fine mage."
Udella said and smiled fondly.
"But off course it takes time and many mages would focus on apprentices."

He smiled slyly, "Yes, in my memory of that particular aspect of the future, she had an excellent Mentor; she was becoming a quite fine member of the Order."

Udella smiled a little about that.
"Well like I told your Cabalmate I have been considering reaching out to the girl, I might take one more student before I retire to live my sunset years somewhere I can sip tea while watching the ocean surrounded by a whole clowder of cats."

He nodded, "Will do... But perhaps I should say about 45 minutes, rather than half an hour, so we have the time to get updated after the time bubble, as well? Hum, I was rather in a rush on my return - where are the captives held?"

"Yes that is probably wise, we could need a few moments to get updated once we return to the regular flow of time."
The old Quesitor said.
"Hum...I do believe they are being held in rooms down in the sub basement, close to Miss Jarden's quarters."

Adley:

He nodded as he read the note, a bit of the stressed look relaxing on his face. He said to Mr Horton, "Thank you. That is very much appreciated." He added to the note: 'Please let the Chief know discreetly where to and when he is moved, for security reasons.'

Alex read the note and nodded.
"I will do so, and I will take extra care since this seam to be very important."
He handed the notebook back to you.

He looked over to where Mr Horton indicated to see if William was awake or resting, and saw he was awake and anxious. He gave him an encouraging nod and tired smile as William pulled the covers up over himself. Adley said to the healer, "I should be going now, thank you again."

William remained under his covers, it was clear there was to many people, to much noise and to many impressions for him right now. Alex gave the young man a concerned look then he turned his attention to you.
"Off course Mr Roth Hicks,have a continued good morning."

He left the infirmary and made his way back towards the room with the fireplace to burn that last note and then on to the room Lady Crexia had said they should meet up within.

You get the notes burned and head up to the attic, it is not hard to find the stairs. Once there you get to a row of rooms and find the right one, it is a small bedroom with a window facing the East, simply furnished. Crexia was already there she was putting a basket of food and water on the table and she ad also been afound found some sleeping bags as there where only one bed.
"Did you get everything you needed taken care of Sodalis?"
She asked.

Tane:

Sometime after your talk with Coawa on the phone as you sit in your room with your prisoner and are just about to check on her, before Hildegard have left you hear a knocking on your door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:52 pm

He said then Ryan said.
"I live in room 301 so if there is anything you should come and see me and be careful around these Fallen...be really careful."
He said before he gave you a nod and headed up the stairs.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Serge said reassuring Ryan as he left for his room.

You left the Dreamspeaker's room, it was still morning now and then you saw other Chantry residents pass by you and give you a curious look, wondering who the new person was.

"I guess I'll head to the basement now." Serge thought as he pulled out as sketchbook and a pencil and began to walk towards the basement, creating random sketches and doodles along the way.

He gave a friendly nod and smile to all of the Chantry residents that he passed as he walked towards the basement following Jeffry's directions.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 pm

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Serge said reassuring Ryan as he left for his room.

Ryan still looked a bit worried and doubtful but he said nothing else as he left.

"I guess I'll head to the basement now." Serge thought as he pulled out as sketchbook and a pencil and began to walk towards the basement, creating random sketches and doodles along the way.

He gave a friendly nod and smile to all of the Chantry residents that he passed as he walked towards the basement following Jeffry's directions.

Most of those you passed gave you smiles when you glanced at them, they seamed friendly though curious about who you where. You got down into the basement and found the right room, another person had come from another part of the basement and was heading the same direction a young, fairly handsome Asian man where heading to the same room, he glanced at you.
"Are you here to see the prisoner as well? Master Morgan mentioned a new Chantry member coming down to keep him company."
The man said, he carried a small bag and balanced it in one hand as he reached the other out to you.
"I am Richard Lee bani Akashic Brotherhood, it is nice to meet you."
Dr Lee hardly looked older than you where but something told you he was not as young as he looked though he did not appear ancient in some ways like Master Morgan did.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:18 pm

He knocked on the door before he entered and nodded to Crexia. "Yes, ma'am," he said, walking over to the east-facing window and looking out at the day. "Unless it would bother you, your working or you need my assistance to complete any preparations, I would appreciate being able to do my morning exercise if there is time before everyone else arrives."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Most of those you passed gave you smiles when you glanced at them, they seamed friendly though curious about who you where. You got down into the basement and found the right room, another person had come from another part of the basement and was heading the same direction a young, fairly handsome Asian man where heading to the same room, he glanced at you.
"Are you here to see the prisoner as well? Master Morgan mentioned a new Chantry member coming down to keep him company."
The man said, he carried a small bag and balanced it in one hand as he reached the other out to you.
"I am Richard Lee bani Akashic Brotherhood, it is nice to meet you."
Dr Lee hardly looked older than you where but something told you he was not as young as he looked though he did not appear ancient in some ways like Master Morgan did.

"Yep that sounds like me." Serge said tucking his sketchbook underneath one arm and placing his pencil behind his ear. He reached out with his now empty hand and shook the Asian man's hand.

"My name's Serge Yager. I'm a Cultist of the Ecstatic variety. It's nice to meet more people in the chantry." Serge said with a smile. "Master Morgan told me to keep see Kyle. Said he needed some people more around his age to accompany him during this stressful time."

Looking at the small bag that Richard held, Serge remembered that Kyle was supposed to get an injection of serum.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:45 am

"For me it was a rewarding experience having a son...I loved him very much and he became a fine young man and a fine mage."
Udella said and smiled fondly.
"But off course it takes time and many mages would focus on apprentices."
He grinned, perhaps a little sheepishly, "While I'm not a father at this time, I remember some good bits from fatherhood - past and future... Apprentices are good, too, of course, but children... now those are truly special treasures..."

Udella smiled a little about that.
"Well like I told your Cabalmate I have been considering reaching out to the girl, I might take one more student before I retire to live my sunset years somewhere I can sip tea while watching the ocean surrounded by a whole clowder of cats."
He grinned, "Like I said... an excellent Mentor."

"Yes that is probably wise, we could need a few moments to get updated once we return to the regular flow of time."
The old Quesitor said.
"Hum...I do believe they are being held in rooms down in the sub basement, close to Miss Jarden's quarters."
He nodded, then frowned, "Well, I hope miss Jarden is still, er, sleeping, then..."

He finished up his meal in fairly short order and, if there were no more more or less crashed Mages needing shuttling to bed, refilled his cup of tea and took it with him downstairs to find Allison...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next