Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 19 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm

"It seams you have arrived at a time of chaos Mr Yager."
Cara said and frowned.

"Yeah I quickly found that out." Serge said with a nod. "Although I don't mind. I'm glad I was able to help."

She commented then she pointed at a girl sitting with a cup of coffee or tea at one of the tables in the crowded cafeteria, she was tall and slender with a cute face, pouty lips and ringlet curls that looked like they needed a comb, she wore a black skirt, black knee length socks and a green tshirt that did not fit her well so she had probably loaned it, the girl had one ring in her nose, two in her lip and one in her eyebrow and she looked like she had been through the wringer.
"That is Miss Mundis she is one of the party from Steelhaven."
Cara explained.

"I see. Well we don't have much time. Let's go tell her the bad news. Also where are the 3 other people in the party?" Serge said looking at Cara.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 19 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Colin:

"War movie usually gloss over the cost of war in an attempt to make it all seam exiting and grand."
Crexia said and frowned.

Udella nodded and hid a yawn behind her hand.
"Well I am planning on getting some rest while we have the chance...you can take the bed if you like old friend I do not mind sleeping on a bedroll."
She said and indicated the bed in the corner of the small room.
"I will not get undressed I might be a progressive politically but...I generally do not like to get undressed in a room with two men, I will simply remove my jewelry, shoes and belt."
The old Quesitor said and proceeded to do so, in addition to loosening her hair bun allowing a river of silver white hair to fall to her tights, she then quickly gathered the hair up and made a quick braid.
"I can turn around if you wish to undress though Mr Wainwright..."

Serge:

"Yeah I quickly found that out." Serge said with a nod. "Although I don't mind. I'm glad I was able to help."

"That is an admirable attitude Mr Yager I am sure you will do your new Chantry proud."
Cara said and she gave you a warm smile.

"I see. Well we don't have much time. Let's go tell her the bad news. Also where are the 3 other people in the party?" Serge said looking at Cara.

"That sounds like a plan, as for where the three others from Steelhaven are located I do not know, as I said I just live here, I assisted with the wounded after the battle and I lost track on where the three others went, I am sure they are safe though and perhaps Miss Mundis knows where they are located."
The Criamon said apologetically.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 pm

"That sounds like a plan, as for where the three others from Steelhaven are located I do not know, as I said I just live here, I assisted with the wounded after the battle and I lost track on where the three others went, I am sure they are safe though and perhaps Miss Mundis knows where they are located."
The Criamon said apologetically.

"I was hoping to tell them all at once but this will work too." Serge said.

Serge walked up to Mundis, expecting Cara to follow behind him, and said quickly, "Hey! Sorry, I don't have much time. My name is Serge Yager and I am a new mage at Steelhaven and their's some things I need to inform you about."

"We just received a prophetic drawing from Chantry MorningStar which, decoded, seems to indicate that Steelhaven will be getting attacked really soon. The attack itself will likely be subtle and quiet but the exact nature is still unknown amongst other things hidden within the drawing. I was sent here to try and get some more insight into the prophetic picture and then return with your party." Serge explained trying to be informative and quick at the same time.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Udella nodded and hid a yawn behind her hand.
"Well I am planning on getting some rest while we have the chance...you can take the bed if you like old friend I do not mind sleeping on a bedroll."
She said and indicated the bed in the corner of the small room.
"I will not get undressed I might be a progressive politically but...I generally do not like to get undressed in a room with two men, I will simply remove my jewelry, shoes and belt."
The old Quesitor said and proceeded to do so, in addition to loosening her hair bun allowing a river of silver white hair to fall to her tights, she then quickly gathered the hair up and made a quick braid.
"I can turn around if you wish to undress though Mr Wainwright..."
Colin shook his head, "I could not possibly deprive you of the bed. And it's quite alright, I'll be fine with taking off the rest of my jacket and my shoes, as well..."
He smoothly took off the one-armed jacket and hung it over the back of the chair, and slipped his signet ring in the pocket, waiting for Udella to pick a bedroll and head for the bed, "Well, good night; sweet dreams..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole didn't react to the raised eyebrow; seemed she didn't notice it. Followed her through the hallways, then entered as bidden. To this Hermatic, Nicole gave a slight nod of the head and a smile and sat down in the indicated chair.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Serge:

"I was hoping to tell them all at once but this will work too." Serge said.

"Like I said earlier Mr Yager this is a big Chantry and I simply do not know where everyone is at all times, however perhaps Miss Mundis can gather your new Chantrymates for you?"
Cara suggested calmly as she indicated the woman with the coffee cup with her hand.

Serge walked up to Mundis, expecting Cara to follow behind him, and said quickly, "Hey! Sorry, I don't have much time. My name is Serge Yager and I am a new mage at Steelhaven and their's some things I need to inform you about."

The woman with the corkscrew hair looked up at you looking rather surprised.
"Someone new at Steelhaven? But why are you then here Mr Yager...ehm ah...please forgive my rudeness I am Francesca Mundis bani Euthanatos...very well I will listen to what you have to say."
She said as she put her coffee cup down.

"We just received a prophetic drawing from Chantry MorningStar which, decoded, seems to indicate that Steelhaven will be getting attacked really soon. The attack itself will likely be subtle and quiet but the exact nature is still unknown amongst other things hidden within the drawing. I was sent here to try and get some more insight into the prophetic picture and then return with your party." Serge explained trying to be informative and quick at the same time.

"That sound quite dire Mr Yager...have Master Morgan been informed about this?"
The Euthanatos said with some alarm in her voice.
"Have you found the information you need to decode the picture? We will probably be returning soon, but two of our party is taking care of some affairs so it might be a little while yet. Ehm...how may I help you?"

Colin and Adley:

"You are to kind Sir...my back will be thanking you in the morning though so I accept that kindness. Good night old friend."
Udella said and once she was done with her braid she went to bed, soon you could hear the old Enforcer softly snoring.

You notice Crexia having sat down with her embroidery again to maintain the time bubble while the rest of you rested, at the same time she sat by the table examining the bottle of serum you had given her while frowning.

Colin and Adley you both wake up hours later, your rest have been as peaceful as it can be under the circumstances and with what you have seen, at least you feel better though Adley would still be feeling the effect of giving of his life force to activate the pine cone. Udella was just up you notice, she was sitting in bed and combing out her silver hair with a small bone comb.

Colin you felt a bit unwell there was a throbbing headache right in the center of your head, it was not unbearable but it was there and it was irritating, on your leg where you injected the serum there where now and angry, dark blue bruise.

Adley just as you wake up you feel your Avatar there looking at you, as if she had been watching you sleep in a kind, motherly fashion, then she retreated back into your soul as you woke up.

Nicole:

Jeffry Morgan studies you for a moment then he leans back in his chair and ask.
"So you have a familiarity with machines Miss Bouchard and how to keep a ehm...talisman as the ship I am sure you have been told about running smoothly?"
He asked, he seamed a little guarded but polite.

(OOC: Colin and Adley you do regain a point of Willpower since you have gotten a full night...ehm...time bubble...ehm something of sleep, and that do count as a day of healing for Adley's wounds.)

(OOC 2: Sorry if my writing is a little flat right now I am not the most inspired at the moment it have been a bad week but I am thinking keeping the game running even if my posts are not the best is better than pausing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 pm

"You are to kind Sir...my back will be thanking you in the morning though so I accept that kindness. Good night old friend."
Udella said and once she was done with her braid she went to bed, soon you could hear the old Enforcer softly snoring.
He grinned, "Yes, well, I suppose my body's a bit more suited for rough treatment these days..."

You notice Crexia having sat down with her embroidery again to maintain the time bubble while the rest of you rested, at the same time she sat by the table examining the bottle of serum you had given her while frowning.
He arched an eyebrow at the serum bottle as he snuggled himself into the sleeping bag, "You do not like what you see in the flask, I take it?"

Colin and Adley you both wake up hours later, your rest have been as peaceful as it can be under the circumstances and with what you have seen, at least you feel better though Adley would still be feeling the effect of giving of his life force to activate the pine cone. Udella was just up you notice, she was sitting in bed and combing out her silver hair with a small bone comb.

Colin you felt a bit unwell there was a throbbing headache right in the center of your head, it was not unbearable but it was there and it was irritating, on your leg where you injected the serum there where now and angry, dark blue bruise.
He groaned softly as he sat up, pressing a hand against a temple, "Oooh, now I feel the headache... About as bad as a moderate hangover, but concentrated at the center of the head, rather than through the whole head..."
He frowned as he rolled the sleeping bag aside and looked at his leg, "Now that might leave a mark for a few days..."

((OOC: Yay Willpower. Razz A little flatness, we can survive... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 pm

"That sound quite dire Mr Yager...have Master Morgan been informed about this?"
The Euthanatos said with some alarm in her voice.

"Yeah he knows about it and last I saw he was checking up on the Chantry's defenses." Serge explained.

"Have you found the information you need to decode the picture? We will probably be returning soon, but two of our party is taking care of some affairs so it might be a little while yet."

"I've gotten some more information that creates more questions than it answers and their's still many layers left to that picture. Right now I plan on calling Master Morgan and telling him what I've found and then meeting up with the Security Chief of this Chantry to inform him of what's going on and see what he thinks about it."

Ehm...how may I help you?

"If you could find and tell the other member's of your party what's happened that would be a massive help." Serge asked Mundis.

(((OOC: Don't worry about it Anja. Thanks for all your hard work that you put into this game.)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Anja's Post:

This question wasn't unexpected; in fact the answer was quite easy. Several answers, in fact. She'd run through the options during the journey and decided to go with a form of honesty.

'That depends on if it's already running smoothly... sir. Or whether it's of a standard design or a one-off job. How old it is, too... mechanisms are upgraded, almost evolve through time... It's like...' eyes darting around the room for a second, as though looking for something '-a personal library. The owner organises it in the way they like, with a method only documented in their minds.'

'An older Ethership is the same; I'll will have to study it, document it, learn it's quirks and personality. Only then will I know how to maintain it properly.' trying her best to sound confident, but neither arrogant or underestimating how big a job it could be. Didn't help that she was unsure whether this was a reward, opportunity or a punishment...

[Don't worry; I know how ST posting can be draining at times...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:00 am

Colin:

He grinned, "Yes, well, I suppose my body's a bit more suited for rough treatment these days..."

"Well I do appreciate it young man."
Udella said and smiled a little as she sat down on the bed.

He arched an eyebrow at the serum bottle as he snuggled himself into the sleeping bag, "You do not like what you see in the flask, I take it?"

"No I don't really like what I see."
Crexia said as she bent over the green liquid.
"I just can't put my finger on why just yet."

[quoteHe groaned softly as he sat up, pressing a hand against a temple, "Oooh, now I feel the headache... About as bad as a moderate hangover, but concentrated at the center of the head, rather than through the whole head..."][/quote]

"Are you alright Mr Wainwright?"
Udella asked she sounded rather concerned and she put her comb down and came over to you and put a hand on your shoulder.
"Is it due to the serum you think?"

He frowned as he rolled the sleeping bag aside and looked at his leg, "Now that might leave a mark for a few days..."

The old Enforcer frowned at the bruise as well.
"Do it hurt old friend?"
She asked softly.

Serge:

"Yeah he knows about it and last I saw he was checking up on the Chantry's defenses." Serge explained.

"Well that is a good thing at least, hopefully Master Morgan can stop any attempt at breaching Steelhaven's defenses."
Francesca said though she gave a concerned frown.

"I've gotten some more information that creates more questions than it answers and their's still many layers left to that picture. Right now I plan on calling Master Morgan and telling him what I've found and then meeting up with the Security Chief of this Chantry to inform him of what's going on and see what he thinks about it."

"Ah getting one answer that opens up two new questions, that seams to be all to familiar a theme this last week."
The death maga said and sigh.
"Your plan of action at the moment seam sensible though Mr Yager."

"If you could find and tell the other member's of your party what's happened that would be a massive help." Serge asked Mundis.

"Well I know where my Traditionmate Adjan is, he is in one of the rooms upstairs babysitting another Chantrymate's new apprentice but as for Mr Wainwright and Mr Roth Hicks they are in a time bubble of sorts having a talk with a few of the elder magi they should be available in another twenty minutes though."
She said.
"I can go and find Adjan and tell him at least."

Nicole:

Jeffry's eyes where clearly showing that he did not understand what you where saying before you likened the ship being upgraded to a library then he smiled.
"Ehm all I know is that it is a shuttle, capable of mid Umbral travel and that it was flown to the nearby Umbral dock by it's own machine, anything beyond that I am afraid I have no idea of."
He said and shrugged.
"I suspect it is fairly well maintained by it's Sons of Ether owner up until his death a few days ago."

The old Hermetic considered for a moment the he nodded.
"What you say is fair Miss Bouchard and if you are willing to work on being able to maintain the shuttle I might be able to offer you a place at Steelhaven, we do not live fancy though, all I can offer is a small apartment and access to shared resources like a library and a couple of Nodes."
He said and scratched his cheek before he looked down into his coffee mug for a moment.
"Ehm would either of you ladies care for a cup of coffee?"
He offered and Renee nodded.
"That would be lovely Master Morgan."
She said and he nodded and looked at you for your reply.

(OOC: Thank you all, it is not so much that STing is draining that is fun but with my cat sick and some issues with my husband's health rearing again and me having Aspergers syndrome and dealing poorly with stress that do affect the quality of my writhing so thank you for putting up with it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 am

Anja's Post:

A short pause, then Nicole nodded. 'Think I can agree to that.' The Scientist was visibly tensing up a little, for she knew the next fight was about to start: the one involving resources. 'As long as we can sort out the details.' ending with an affermative nod regarding the coffee.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:03 am

Jeffry poured two cups of coffee, he had some plain white porcelain cups in his shelves and handed you one and Renee the other before he topped up his own cup.
"We have a list for shared resources, everyone that pull their own weight in the gets an equal share."
The old Hermetic said as he sat down again.
"Though we are many sharing two Nodes so it is not allot per person."
He warned as Renee thanked him for the coffee and took a sip.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:31 am

"No I don't really like what I see."
Crexia said as she bent over the green liquid.
"I just can't put my finger on why just yet."
Colin nodded, eyes slowly sliding closed, "I'm sure you'll have some tangible observations by the time we wake up..."

Udella asked she sounded rather concerned and she put her comb down and came over to you and put a hand on your shoulder.
He nodded, "Most likely... I'm alright, there's just this dull pressure in the middle of my brain somewhere... strangely localized..."

The old Enforcer frowned at the bruise as well.
"Do it hurt old friend?"
She asked softly.
He poked lightly at the bruise and hissed softly, "About as much as it looks like it would, I suppose... I think I'll be able to walk on the leg as though there's nothing wrong with it; seems like it's more cosmetic than anything else..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole weighed up the pros and cons of this conversation as she took the coffee, thanked the Hermatic and had a sip.

On the plus side, the guy clearly didn't have a clue, which offered the opportunity for a little skimming for her own projects. It also didn't require any written abstracts for justification. On the minus, the guy may think Rowan wands and eye of newt were acceptable items for ship maintenance, this chantry might lack even the most basic Scientific - or even Sleeper - tools and if she got too "creative" Renee would spot she was clearly on the make...

'True, sir; but Ethership maintenance - like anything - requires tools and suchlike. Has your Chantry hosted Scientists before?' Nicole said politely.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, eyes slowly sliding closed, "I'm sure you'll have some tangible observations by the time we wake up..."

"I might indeed but something about this serum worries me, and not just what you say about it killing those exposed to it for to long."
The archmage said and she glanced over at you.
"Well for now sleep well Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Most likely... I'm alright, there's just this dull pressure in the middle of my brain somewhere... strangely localized..."

"Can it be where that gland you have spoken about are located Mr Wainwright?"
Udella asked. You notice that Crexia have dispelled her copy and are now working on her embroidery.
"I guess we will gen an answer to that in Mr Horton's machine..."
The Tytalus said and glanced over at you.
"Are you feeling well enough for some breakfast?"

He poked lightly at the bruise and hissed softly, "About as much as it looks like it would, I suppose... I think I'll be able to walk on the leg as though there's nothing wrong with it; seems like it's more cosmetic than anything else..."

"My old client, the one who was put on the serum for a year where full of those bruises, and boils as well after a while when the muscles could not take anymore and started splitting under the skin."
Udella said and frowned.
"I can heal the bruise for you if you like? I am not skilled healer but a little bruise I can handle."
She offered and gave you a concerned smile.

Nicole:

The coffee was quite bitter it was clear that this Hermetic liked his coffee strong. Jeffry regarded you and nodded.
"We have two, a linear chemist and a true mage...ehm...adventurer I think he called his House within your Tradition. We do not have the tools needed to tend to the ship unless regular screwdrivers and wrenches will do but I assume such tools can be acquired at the Umbral docks."
He said and nodded.
"If you accept the offer to stay here at Steelhaven I assume you can make a list of what we will need, and I can see what can be acquired..."

(OOC: And off I go to play some MtG I will be back later today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 pm

"I might indeed but something about this serum worries me, and not just what you say about it killing those exposed to it for to long."
The archmage said and she glanced over at you.
"Well for now sleep well Mr Wainwright."
Colin murmured a half-audible "Good night" and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Udella asked. You notice that Crexia have dispelled her copy and are now working on her embroidery.
He grunted softly, "I think that's precisely where that gland is, yes... and luckily, it's just a mild to moderate headache, not nausea, so breakfast should be good... Please tell me there is tea?"

"My old client, the one who was put on the serum for a year where full of those bruises, and boils as well after a while when the muscles could not take anymore and started splitting under the skin."
Udella said and frowned.
"I can heal the bruise for you if you like? I am not skilled healer but a little bruise I can handle."
She offered and gave you a concerned smile.
He looked down on the leg, "Yes, repeat injections would put a strain on the muscles... One should never inject the same spot twice; preferably, not even the same muscle, I think... Hum, there're bound to be Primium particles yet under the surface, and the skin was healed only hours ago, from those burns... I don't know how easy that bruise would be to mend, with those things in mind."

((OOC: Have fun. I'll be attending the tournament on Saturday, myself, with my Mushroom Hallucinations. Hopefully, I will get at least some of the key cards into play. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, showing she considered this acceptable. 'Of course; can't judge on what is needed 'till I look at the current setup.'

'This Adventurer... they the one being trained to pilot the ship?'

[Have fun!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:51 pm

"Well that is a good thing at least, hopefully Master Morgan can stop any attempt at breaching Steelhaven's defenses."
Francesca said though she gave a concerned frown.

"That's what I'm hoping as well. If what I've interpreted is right they plan on kidnapping 3 people from the chantry. Knowing that, it may be easier for Master Morgan to deduce the Nephandi's plan of attack. However their are still more layers to the Nephandi's plans that I still want to know about." Serge said with a frown.

"Ah getting one answer that opens up two new questions, that seams to be all to familiar a theme this last week."
The death maga said and sigh.
"Your plan of action at the moment seam sensible though Mr Yager."

"Yeah, my morning has just been a non-stop barrage of depressing information and unanswered questions. Serge said with a sigh.

"Well I know where my Traditionmate Adjan is, he is in one of the rooms upstairs babysitting another Chantrymate's new apprentice but as for Mr Wainwright and Mr Roth Hicks they are in a time bubble of sorts having a talk with a few of the elder magi they should be available in another twenty minutes though."
She said.
"I can go and find Adjan and tell him at least."

"That would be extremely helpful and thank you. I know your week probably hasn't been easy and I'm sorry to suddenly spring this on you now." Serge said respectfully.

Looking back at Cara, Serge said, "I think it's time we visited your Security Chief. We should probably hurry."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Colin:

He grunted softly, "I think that's precisely where that gland is, yes... and luckily, it's just a mild to moderate headache, not nausea, so breakfast should be good... Please tell me there is tea?"

"I will take care of the tea..."
Udella said and smiled.
"I think we forgot about that during our discussion before we slept so we definitively should have some now."
The old Enforcer said and smiled. Crexia nodded she put her embroidery down, it was now a flowery spiral full of roses sewn on black fabric and she begun to pull some of Mirri's supplies out of the basket they came in, sandwiches, fruit, hard boiled eggs and bottles of pressed juice. The archmage begun to to put the food on the table.

He looked down on the leg, "Yes, repeat injections would put a strain on the muscles... One should never inject the same spot twice; preferably, not even the same muscle, I think... Hum, there're bound to be Primium particles yet under the surface, and the skin was healed only hours ago, from those burns... I don't know how easy that bruise would be to mend, with those things in mind."

"You are probably right however when someone is to get a daily injection of the serum it is hard to follow those rules."
Udella said and frowned. You remember from the future you hopefully have averted how badly bruised Anna's arms where, often she where not able to lift things down from the shelves in her room and several times there where boils that had to be dealt with, and Richard had warned you that the damage was getting serious and recommended cortisone injections to try to manage the inflammation after the girl's trauma set the bruises and made them all but impossible to heal...not that it was any solution Anna would ever agree to. Udella glanced at the bruise on your leg.
"Well the Primium will make it harder, that the area have been healed recently will not matter though, it is a new injury, the way life patterns behave is strange at times I know...however yes considering the Primium you might want to have it healed by someone more skilled than me."

Nicole.

"Good, I will ask if our Virtual Adept Deacon or one of the other two Adepts at our Chantry are willing to go with you, they might not know exactly how to maintain such a vessel but they are technomancers non the less and will know more than me."
Jeffry said and took another sip of his coffee.
"No he is not, the one that are being trained as a pilot is an Orphan, he was a helicopter pilot in one of these sleeper wars I loose track of, so he have some experience as a pilot we hope can make it easier for him to learn to pilot an Umbral ship."

Serge:

"That's what I'm hoping as well. If what I've interpreted is right they plan on kidnapping 3 people from the chantry. Knowing that, it may be easier for Master Morgan to deduce the Nephandi's plan of attack. However their are still more layers to the Nephandi's plans that I still want to know about." Serge said with a frown.

"Yeah it seams we have been blessed with some bastard Nephandi that have decided to stop watching and creeping around in the shadows."
Francesca said and sigh.
"Kidnapping three people from Steelhaven, shit that is not good, are you sure Mr Yager?"
She asked then she drew a breath to ask more questions but stopped herself.
"No...I will ask further details later do not waste time on me if you think you can prevent this then you should do so and talk with those who can help."
The death maga told you and shook her head she did look a bit stressed over what you where telling her.

"Yeah, my morning has just been a non-stop barrage of depressing information and unanswered questions. Serge said with a sigh.

"Tell me about it, all since a half dead Nephandus...soon made completely dead, was found in our secondary Node there have been nothing but chaos. Tell you what Mr Yager when this is all done I will buy you a cup of tea or something and you can sit down, relax and actually get to know your new Chantrymates."
Francesca said and smiled.

"That would be extremely helpful and thank you. I know your week probably hasn't been easy and I'm sorry to suddenly spring this on you now." Serge said respectfully.

"Nah don't worry about it, checking on Adjan is no big task and perhaps he will know when the other two will be done with their time bubble."
The Euthanatos girl said as she prepared to head out of the cafeteria.
"Good day for now Mr Yager."

Looking back at Cara, Serge said, "I think it's time we visited your Security Chief. We should probably hurry."

Cara had been standing silently while you spoke with your new Chantrymate, now however she nodded.
"Agreed Mr Yager, please follow me."
She said and lead you out of the cafeteria, across the hallway with the starburst mosaic on the floor and knocked on one of several doors on the other side of the entrance hall, a soft but authoritative male voice replied an Cara opened the door and looked inside.
"Sir this is Mr Yager from Steelhaven we where wondering if you have a minute, it is urgent."
She asked and a tall, very thin man with a young face with eyes that had seen to much, wearing pressed pants, a white shirt and a black west nodded and waved you into his office. The man's clothes where full of blood, now dried and he looked beyond tired.
"Please do come in...what can I do for you young man."
He said and glanced at you. Chief Joakim's office was plain, it was a little larger than Jeffry's and there was a small window with green curtains but other than that is was very similar, an old, well worn desk propped up in one corner by a book to stop it from being wonky, a few chairs, shelves with books, papers and folders as well as a coffee maker, a green rug from Ikea on the floor, and a framed picture of a peaceful looking small town in Spain perhaps on one of the walls.
"Please have a seat both of you and tell me what is so urgent."
The Security Chief said.

(OOC: Thank you both. It was fun, three wins and one loss. I played against the deck Fear the Camel. As for the name of your deck Warp it reminds me of the song Mutant Fungus.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 pm

"I will take care of the tea..."
Udella said and smiled.
"I think we forgot about that during our discussion before we slept so we definitively should have some now."
The old Enforcer said and smiled. Crexia nodded she put her embroidery down, it was now a flowery spiral full of roses sewn on black fabric and she begun to pull some of Mirri's supplies out of the basket they came in, sandwiches, fruit, hard boiled eggs and bottles of pressed juice. The archmage begun to to put the food on the table.
Colin smiled, creaking out of the sleeping bag and putting his shoes back on, "Oh, goodness, Mirri is a blessing..."

"You are probably right however when someone is to get a daily injection of the serum it is hard to follow those rules."
Udella said and frowned. You remember from the future you hopefully have averted how badly bruised Anna's arms where, often she where not able to lift things down from the shelves in her room and several times there where boils that had to be dealt with, and Richard had warned you that the damage was getting serious and recommended cortisone injections to try to manage the inflammation after the girl's trauma set the bruises and made them all but impossible to heal...not that it was any solution Anna would ever agree to. Udella glanced at the bruise on your leg.
"Well the Primium will make it harder, that the area have been healed recently will not matter though, it is a new injury, the way life patterns behave is strange at times I know...however yes considering the Primium you might want to have it healed by someone more skilled than me."
He frowned, "Hard, but not impossible... Regardless, seeing as extended use should be avoided entirely, it's not a major issue... but switching extremities from one injection to the next should be viable. Hm, Dr. Lee in the near future suggested cortisone injections to manage the inflammation after the bruises set and made them impossible to heal, but that was... after extended, miserable bruising. I think my leg will be fine, so long as no-one decides to apply blunt trauma to the bruise for a day or two..."

((OOC: Fear the Camel... Riiight... Razz Mushroom Hallucinations is pretty simple - Saproling token spam, a Xenograft to make all my creatures Illusions, and a few Lords of the Unreal to give all my Illusions Hexproof. Oh, and I got a Coat of Arms recently. Very Happy Can't find the song Mutant Fungus, though... :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:57 pm

"Yeah it seams we have been blessed with some bastard Nephandi that have decided to stop watching and creeping around in the shadows."
Francesca said and sigh.
"Kidnapping three people from Steelhaven, shit that is not good, are you sure Mr Yager?"

"It's hard to be sure of anything, but I do know that the freaky ritual that the Nephandi want to do needs Lisa Larson's daughter who we have in protective custody. Not to mention the other two things that they need are things we also have so I think its safe to say that the Nephandi plan on doing some kidnapping." Serge answered.

"Tell me about it, all since a half dead Nephandus...soon made completely dead, was found in our secondary Node there have been nothing but chaos. Tell you what Mr Yager when this is all done I will buy you a cup of tea or something and you can sit down, relax and actually get to know your new Chantrymates."
Francesca said and smiled.

"That would be nice, but after all this chaos is over I have to draw with a 6-year old girl and go to the library with Master Morgan's new apprentice. If I have time though I would love to have drinks with you and their are a few more people at the chantry that I would like to meet." Serge said with a smile.

Cara had been standing silently while you spoke with your new Chantrymate, now however she nodded.
"Agreed Mr Yager, please follow me."
She said and lead you out of the cafeteria, across the hallway with the starburst mosaic on the floor and knocked on one of several doors on the other side of the entrance hall, a soft but authoritative male voice replied an Cara opened the door and looked inside.
"Sir this is Mr Yager from Steelhaven we where wondering if you have a minute, it is urgent."
She asked and a tall, very thin man with a young face with eyes that had seen to much, wearing pressed pants, a white shirt and a black west nodded and waved you into his office. The man's clothes where full of blood, now dried and he looked beyond tired.
"Please do come in...what can I do for you young man."
He said and glanced at you. Chief Joakim's office was plain, it was a little larger than Jeffry's and there was a small window with green curtains but other than that is was very similar, an old, well worn desk propped up in one corner by a book to stop it from being wonky, a few chairs, shelves with books, papers and folders as well as a coffee maker, a green rug from Ikea on the floor, and a framed picture of a peaceful looking small town in Spain perhaps on one of the walls.
"Please have a seat both of you and tell me what is so urgent."
The Security Chief said.

Serge quickly took a seat and tried to ignore the bloody clothes on the tired man. Remembering the lack of time that the picture presented Serge wasted not time in answering the Security Chief's question. "Well we recently received a prophetic drawing from a member of your chantry, Meg Lopes, which when partially deciphered seems to indicate that Steelhaven will get attacked really soon. In fact here's a copy of the drawing."

Serge quickly pulled out his copy of Meg's drawing and handed it over to Joakim.

"From Meg's insistence that we get this picture as well as the rather empty hourglass it seems that whatever is being depicted in the drawing will happen extremely soon. Those wolves seem to indicate that the Nephandi will attempt to retrieve or have already retrieved three items, likely the items for the ritual they plan on doing tonight. Due to the theme of three presented in the picture I believe it is likely that the Nephandi plan on doing a third attack to retrieve those three items." Serge explained.

"I was sent here to try and gain more insight into the picture. I managed to learn that the attack will likely be subtle and be carried out by one person or a small group of people. The nakedness of the women is not a requirement of the ritual but seems to symbolize something primordial. Also Meg gave us another drawing which seems to show three women plotting to betray and trap a king. Miss Willis helped me deduce that the king depicted was likely an Aswadim. As to why the Nephandi wish to chain up an Aswadim is beyond me." Serge said with a sigh

"I wanted to tell you all this because I felt that you had the right to know, seeing as the warning came from your chantry. I also hoped that you could help us decipher a few more things. I have no clue as to why or how the Nephandi plan on entrapping an Aswadim and their are still several things within the original picture that are still fuzzy. The two moons seem to indicate something about Horizon. The Key could mean a multitude of things. And I only have a vague idea as to who those three women could be, if they are representative of people." Serge concluded.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:21 pm

He grinned, "I think perhaps you underestimate how well he realizes that Beatrice would be royally upset with him if he hurt you..."
"Perhaps I do that that, amicus," he said with a smile. "If you don't wish the pine cone back right now, I'm putting it away for now, just let me know..." he said. "It seems that /particular/ crisis has passed though."

He nodded, "If anything comes to mind, certainly."
He nodded, then tried to see how the tablet would fit away or if he had to make a sling for it so he could keep his hands free later.
Adley just as you wake up you feel your Avatar there looking at you, as if she had been watching you sleep in a kind, motherly fashion, then she retreated back into your soul as you woke up.
"Salve," he said as way of good morning, as he felt his avatar regarding him, a moment of happiness. He squirmed out of the sleeping back, lay on top of it and stretched before he sat up. He gave a jaw-cracking yawn and glanced around. Nope, not camping...not Boy Scouts, not Steelhaven. Morningstar, home away from home. Former home, even.
He groaned softly as he sat up, pressing a hand against a temple, "Oooh, now I feel the headache... About as bad as a moderate hangover, but concentrated at the center of the head, rather than through the whole head..."
He frowned at his friend and then tracked his attention down to the bruise, which was formidable enough. "It looks like you got hit with a golf ball. That doesn't sound pleasant, do you think some water would help?" He stood up to go fetch a canteen. "Well, tea has water in it," he said with a tilt of his head as he looked for the basket.
"I will take care of the tea..." Udella said and smiled. "I think we forgot about that during our discussion before we slept so we definitively should have some now." The old Enforcer said and smiled.

Crexia nodded she put her embroidery down, it was now a flowery spiral full of roses sewn on black fabric and she begun to pull some of Mirri's supplies out of the basket they came in, sandwiches, fruit, hard boiled eggs and bottles of pressed juice. The archmage begun to to put the food on the table.
Colin smiled, creaking out of the sleeping bag and putting his shoes back on, "Oh, goodness, Mirri is a blessing..."
"That looks good," he said in agreement with Colin. "Thank you!" He glanced at Crexia's needlework thoughtfully and offered to help put out food, and distribute it. "Did you find out anything additional about the poison, ma'am?"

// @Anja: I hope Maude and your husband are feeling better, and yourself as well of course. My cat friends from before hated all pills - they would find them in anything, even pill pocket treat things, never heard of them liking chili though!
@ Warp - the boot story from Discworld is a good example of that concept, even though I've never read the book (gasp, I know, gaps in my reading lol) it's one that cuts through to people.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Colin and Adley:

He nodded, then tried to see how the tablet would fit away or if he had to make a sling for it so he could keep his hands free later.

The tablet is about the size of a A5 book but only 2 cm thick, it is probably best put in a backpack or bag though it could fit is a very big pocket.

"Salve," he said as way of good morning, as he felt his avatar regarding him, a moment of happiness. He squirmed out of the sleeping back, lay on top of it and stretched before he sat up. He gave a jaw-cracking yawn and glanced around. Nope, not camping...not Boy Scouts, not Steelhaven. Morningstar, home away from home. Former home, even.

"Salve Sodalis."
Crexia said and smiled, it seamed the old maga was busy getting breakfast set up.
"Good morning Mr Roth Hicks."
Udella said, the Enforcer where making tea, her silver white hair loose and spreading on the floor when she sat hunched over the teapot.
"There will soon be tea if you would like some but we have some instant coffee as well if you prefer."

He frowned at his friend and then tracked his attention down to the bruise, which was formidable enough. "It looks like you got hit with a golf ball. That doesn't sound pleasant, do you think some water would help?" He stood up to go fetch a canteen. "Well, tea has water in it," he said with a tilt of his head as he looked for the basket.

Crexia had the basket and she handed you a bright purple canteen with water.
"Here Sodalis, tea do have water in it but just some fresh water might help your Cabalmate."
The lich said.
"Not that I remember much of what it was like to have such needs."

"So she is, she always makes visiting Morningstar such a delight."
Udella said as she reached for the teapot and made it start boiling with a few elegant hand gestures.
"Herbal tea or the more classical black tea Mr Wainwright?"
She asked as she heated the water.

He frowned, "Hard, but not impossible... Regardless, seeing as extended use should be avoided entirely, it's not a major issue... but switching extremities from one injection to the next should be viable. Hm, Dr. Lee in the near future suggested cortisone injections to manage the inflammation after the bruises set and made them impossible to heal, but that was... after extended, miserable bruising. I think my leg will be fine, so long as no-one decides to apply blunt trauma to the bruise for a day or two..."

"As you wish my friend."
Udella said.
"Hum...I think my client got cortisone injections as well to try to manage the inflammations but he had to stop on them for apparently they where quite painful and we found a skilled healer that was able to help him with her herbs and blood rituals."
The Enforcer said and Crexia nodded.
"Chantry Lavender have a Progenitor turned Cultist of Ecstasy who use building muscles and excising as his tools for magick, most impractical I say but whatever works eh? He where using where are they called...steroids? I overheard him and Miss Piti discussing it and the volume of the injections got to be a problem and created inflammations and he had to have a series of cortisone injections to deal with it, apparently that put him off using those steroids again...and he got berated by Miss Piti for ever trying. And before you wonder no I did not spy on the two Cultists I overheard them by accident as they where sitting at the same table as me during lunch a few months ago while they visited Morningstar and I just happened to remember the conversation."
Crexia said as she put plates, glasses and cutlery on the table.

"That looks good," he said in agreement with Colin. "Thank you!" He glanced at Crexia's needlework thoughtfully and offered to help put out food, and distribute it. "Did you find out anything additional about the poison, ma'am?"

Crexia handed you the basket so you could help out with placing food on the table and getting things ready.
"I did find out some things...I do not think that the serum was made from a failed lichdom potion I think it was made...from a lich, the original batch at least, I have established an list of ingredients though the Etherites that make the stuff for us already have that...anything more than that I will have to do in a lab..."
She commented and frowned.

Serge:

"It's hard to be sure of anything, but I do know that the freaky ritual that the Nephandi want to do needs Lisa Larson's daughter who we have in protective custody. Not to mention the other two things that they need are things we also have so I think its safe to say that the Nephandi plan on doing some kidnapping." Serge answered.

"Hum...that makes a strike against Steelhaven likely yes..."
Francesca said and frowned deeply.
"One piece of advice though Mr Yager things that might pose a security risk to our Chantry, like for example who we might have in custody that might be of interest to our enemies should not be discussed in public, not that I think any of the fine folks here are traitors, but information can be shared by accident, read out of someone's mind or in other ways end up where it should not be, when discussing such matters it is better to ask the person you speak with to go somewhere more private or reply on written information an later burn the notes."
The Euthanatos corrected you mildly.

"That would be nice, but after all this chaos is over I have to draw with a 6-year old girl and go to the library with Master Morgan's new apprentice. If I have time though I would love to have drinks with you and their are a few more people at the chantry that I would like to meet." Serge said with a smile.

"I heard some rumors that Mr Wainwright one of our Chantrymates where planning a dinner for the Chantry to celebrate when we win and all this chaos is over, perhaps that is a better way to go about it, then you can get to meet everyone and we can all try to think about something other than this bloody war and get to know one another."
The death maga suggested and smiled.
"A nice relaxed dinner do sound nice right now."

Serge quickly took a seat and tried to ignore the bloody clothes on the tired man. Remembering the lack of time that the picture presented Serge wasted not time in answering the Security Chief's question. "Well we recently received a prophetic drawing from a member of your chantry, Meg Lopes, which when partially deciphered seems to indicate that Steelhaven will get attacked really soon. In fact here's a copy of the drawing."

Serge quickly pulled out his copy of Meg's drawing and handed it over to Joakim.

Joakim glanced at you and then at Cara who where sitting down next to you then he took a look at the drawing.
"I see well young Miss Lopes is known for her prophetic drawings indeed, and the imagery do seam to be about some conflict yes."
He said gruffly.

"From Meg's insistence that we get this picture as well as the rather empty hourglass it seems that whatever is being depicted in the drawing will happen extremely soon. Those wolves seem to indicate that the Nephandi will attempt to retrieve or have already retrieved three items, likely the items for the ritual they plan on doing tonight. Due to the theme of three presented in the picture I believe it is likely that the Nephandi plan on doing a third attack to retrieve those three items." Serge explained.

"Hum...that would be quite dire..."
The Security Chief said and frowned.
"I would offer men to help Morningstar but my forces are exhausted from battle, do you think Master Morgan can handle mobilizing a defense on his own? He is a competent man after all..."
He asked and narrowed his eyes at the drawing.

"I was sent here to try and gain more insight into the picture. I managed to learn that the attack will likely be subtle and be carried out by one person or a small group of people. The nakedness of the women is not a requirement of the ritual but seems to symbolize something primordial. Also Meg gave us another drawing which seems to show three women plotting to betray and trap a king. Miss Willis helped me deduce that the king depicted was likely an Aswadim. As to why the Nephandi wish to chain up an Aswadim is beyond me." Serge said with a sigh

Joakim hesitated then he sigh and looked you in the eyes.
"I am hesitant to give out to much information young man as all I know about you is that you have been sent by Steelhaven, that I have had confirmed, however since I do not even know your name you have to understand that while I do not intend any offense towards you nor can I trust you but I can say as much as to say that your...guesswork is not far off base from what we already know."

"I wanted to tell you all this because I felt that you had the right to know, seeing as the warning came from your chantry.

"I do appreciate the gesture young man that is most welcome."
The Security Chief said and offered a small, measured smile.

I also hoped that you could help us decipher a few more things. I have no clue as to why or how the Nephandi plan on entrapping an Aswadim and their are still several things within the original picture that are still fuzzy. The two moons seem to indicate something about Horizon. The Key could mean a multitude of things. And I only have a vague idea as to who those three women could be, if they are representative of people." Serge concluded.

"Two heavenly bodies often are used to symbolize Horizon yes since that realm have two suns, I think here the two moons might be the two Labyrinths we know are involved with this plot though..."
Joakim said then he hesitated.
"Again I have to say young Sir that I do not know you, not even your name, and I am not sure I am comfortable trusting you with sensitive information."
He said sounding rather skeptical.

(OOC: Mutant Fungus is a Fast Tracker song, I do not know if it exist on any other player than that. Ohh I love Sapling Tokens I use them for my Overrun deck.)

(OOC: We have even tried a device that push the pills down into her throat so she can not get it up, then she force herself to vomit to get it up, no treat will get her to take the pills willingly and she work herself up so much about taking her medication that we have had to stop, I think it do more harm with all of that stress than good, she just will not allow anyone to force her to do something she do not want to do, We are all felling better though thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:48 pm

"Hum...that would be quite dire..."
The Security Chief said and frowned.
"I would offer men to help Morningstar but my forces are exhausted from battle, do you think Master Morgan can handle mobilizing a defense on his own? He is a competent man after all..."
He asked and narrowed his eyes at the drawing.

"Master Morgan is already checking on our defenses as we speak. He already knows most of the information that I have just told you. Serge informed the Security Chief.

Joakim hesitated then he sigh and looked you in the eyes.
"I am hesitant to give out to much information young man as all I know about you is that you have been sent by Steelhaven, that I have had confirmed, however since I do not even know your name you have to understand that while I do not intend any offense towards you nor can I trust you but I can say as much as to say that your...guesswork is not far off base from what we already know."
"Two heavenly bodies often are used to symbolize Horizon yes since that realm have two suns, I think here the two moons might be the two Labyrinths we know are involved with this plot though..."
Joakim said then he hesitated.
"Again I have to say young Sir that I do not know you, not even your name, and I am not sure I am comfortable trusting you with sensitive information."
He said sounding rather skeptical.

"Right....I"m so sorry. I guess I was in a bit of a rush that I forgot to introduce myself." Serge said a little embarrassed as he had forgotten to introduce himself in his race to get the information to the Security Chief.

"My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said respectfully. "And I will not take offense if you choose not to share any information with me, I have done nothing to earn your trust. In fact I've done quite the opposite. But any help that you can provide us with deciphering this picture would be greatly appreciated."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:42 pm

"Master Morgan is already checking on our defenses as we speak. He already knows most of the information that I have just told you. Serge informed the Security Chief.

"That is good, then hopefully he is on top of the situation."
Joakim said but he did seam concerned.

"Right....I"m so sorry. I guess I was in a bit of a rush that I forgot to introduce myself." Serge said a little embarrassed as he had forgotten to introduce himself in his race to get the information to the Security Chief.

"My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said respectfully.

"Perfectly understandable Mr Yager."
The Security Chief said and he stood and offered you a long fingered, thin hand in greeting.
"It is nice to meet you my name is Joakim Reshal third degree member of the Order of Hermes House Flambeau."
He said proudly and gave you a friendly smile, the man did indeed have a very nice smile it made his tired face light up.

"And I will not take offense if you choose not to share any information with me, I have done nothing to earn your trust. In fact I've done quite the opposite. But any help that you can provide us with deciphering this picture would be greatly appreciated."

"Hum...tell you what Mr Yager, if you inform me why Master Morgan would send someone who is a new member at his Chantry, if I am not mistaken, to decipher young Miss Lopes' drawing instead of someone he have known and trusted for years and I might decide that trusting you with at least some of the information is worth the risk."
He said as his light brown eyes scrutinized you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next