Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 11 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:57 am

Colin and Adley:

He frowned, "Perhaps not entirely alone and friendless... Depends a lot on her lawyer. And I might be there; at least one face in the crowd that doesn't hate her..."

"Do you really think she will get a lawyer that give two shits about her? And while someone there while it is being...done might help a little there is allot of time before and perhaps after...where she will be abandoned."
Allison muttered sadly.

He scratched his neck, "I'm afraid I only ever played the first one... I think the second was released after I got shot down in Iraq, actually, and I didn't find much time for console games after that. But yes, I do get your point."

"Any generic RPG slime then...but yes I get that you did not have much time for games after that experience, it is when you Awakened you said."
The prisoner said and glanced up at you.

He nodded, "For your sake, and Anna's. Paradox be damned."

"Thank you for trying at least..."

He smiled, "I'm sure it will be some amount of blood, sweat and tears, in a manner of speaking... but yes, it will most likely be nice, most of the time."

"Well that is an apprenticeship for you, I assume it will be less eyeballs and dicks on the walls at least."
Allison said and grinned.

He nodded, "It's not ideal, but... it's still far better than simply relying on the mercy of the Council of Nine alone."

"I guess but...the situation kind of suck...I sure hope you are able to do something about it or I am sort of screwed it seams."
She said and sigh and shook her head seaming rather scared.

He chuckled, "Time fuckery is what my future self has been doing; sending messages back in time once I learn how. This... is just a bubble where time passes quicker than in the surrounding area. I've been in a few of those - suffice to say, it's been a long two weeks this past week..."

"It sounds like your future self have been having all the fun and will be getting all the Paradox but what he is doing is quite useful it seams. Ah a time bubble, yeah I can see how those are useful and your last week must have been interesting, tell me about it some time will you."

He nodded to Crexia, "Yes... Injection first, I think; if I'm going to risk losing my last meal from the induced nausea, I would much prefer to be able to flush it. If you would give me a few moments?"

Crexia gave you a concerned look but she nodded.
"As you will Mr Wainwright you are probably right that such a...issue would be nice to be able to flush before I seal up in."
She agreed.
"Are you sure you want to do this?"

He stepped into the bathroom, quickly measured up the dose, steeled himself, and swiftly jabbed the needle into his own thigh muscle, slowly injecting the serum and pressing the ice pack against the puncture wound as soon as the needle came out, "Oh, you motherless son of a fatherless goat, that's... quite painful..."

The bathroom had this horrible dark pink with roses wallpaper, a pink sink and toilet and pink floor tiles it looked like some old granny's bathroom. The injection was...not comfortable the size of the needle itself hurt but you have had enough IVs of that size to be fairly used to that. The serum though burned like hell, it really did feel like someone had made a cut to the bone in your tight and poured alcohol on it, for you it was not a problem holding out you had experienced much worse things, as you had said you where quite used to pain, but there was a reason most recipients did not like that shot and for a child like Anna who was terrified in addition it would have been a nightmare. You remember from the future the first time you had been forced to dose her with it, right after she came to Steelhaven, she had cried for what seamed like hours, not letting you clean the wound or touch it, cried until she had finally fallen into a fitful sleep as far into a corner she she was able to get. That serum really was not a nice experience, and then the nausea hit you, you felt like your guts where twisting but managed to keep yourself from throwing up, all in all it was not a plesant experience.

Other than that, I assume once the bubble is secure and closed I can catch up and we can discuss things, finally."

"Once the time bubble have been created I will make sure no one can overhear us we should be secure yes Sodalis."
She assured you.

Serge:

"Man that sounds awesome." Serge said enthusiastically. "A Zero gravity boxer....damn, imagine how the fights are like. How do they move? Do they have like cool devices that let them move in zero gravity?"

"They do have some devices yes but they are also floating around and have to take advantage of that and also use the devices to control how far they are thrown back when they hit someone or take a hit and it is also about the environment around these boxers with some crooks and a love interest for the main guy and stuff, it is pretty good."
Kyle said enthusiastically.

"Yeah it is dangerous isn't it." Serge said thinking about how lucky he had been in his life. "My mentor told me the same thing but I didn't really listen. I dunno I guess I never needed to pay attention to my surroundings because I always had a sense of when something will go wrong.

"I think you should listen to your Mentor but perhaps you are safer because you live in a ehm...Chantry...that is the word right? Chantry? My dad hates that word since the vampires he don't like use it."

You ever get that? Like a tingly sense whenever something bad will happen. Whenever I got that I just looked around and I could tell who had ill-feeling towards me. Then I just ran like hell because I'm no fighter."

"I do not really get that no, but my dad did tell me to run from trouble if I see them. I mean I can fight a bit, I cam make fire but then reality will have a say in the matter and things do not end up good and there is always someone bigger and stronger than you out there so running is good."
Kyle said and nodded.

Serge chuckled slightly before saying, "You got me. Yeah I use my drawings to achieve my altered state of mind. I let my imagination flow onto the page and then into reality. Of course it kinda sucks that I need to draw something every time I wanna use my magick. That's why I have all these pictures in reserve."

"Well having pictures in reserve sounds smart. There is this guy that have been visiting me, he is nice he he called Andrew and he is one of the apprentices here, he have to write things for his magick, apparently it is how his House do it, he always have this big old notebook with him."

Serge paused to flip quickly through the many art-filled pages of his sketchbook.

"It helps speed up the process. You know I also learned to use language in my magick as well. But typically it's just me drawing arcane runes and silly pictures onto a page."

"Perhaps you can use symbol languages you know, from dream interpretation guides and such. I mean when you look at pages from old alchemical texts the pictures say more than the text for the whole process is described there in how symbolism is used."
The young mage said and smiled.
"And the same with Tarot cards as well, if they are made nicely that is and is not just some money grab."

"That's true." Serge said returning the smile. "Although I prefer to think of it as painting a new layer over reality. Making it just a bit more interesting."

"That way of looking at it works as well."
Kyle said and nodded.
"My dad used to explain the difference between the magic he do and mine that way, that if reality where a painting then he and those like him could use a painting my numbers kit, sure the result would look nice and you would get the same result every time but you had to follow the lines, while those like us are given paints and a brush and told to do as we please, at times that will lead to stick figures and at times masterpieces but the result are only ours and done with our will and nothing else."
He said considering what you where saying.

"I could never understand the appeal of racing games. Like, your just driving a car from one end of the track to the other. Their's nothing really great about your car. No special magical abilities. Although I do like mario kart for their fun power-ups." Serge said eager to get Kyle to talk about a less stressful subject.

"It is like figuring out how to get the most out of your car, the biggest engine might not always be best for then it will handle poorly, you need to find the best way to be able to get around the tracks flawlessly."
He said then he grinned.
"Mario Cart is fun though."

"Did you ever join your school track team?" Serge asked curiously.

Kyle shook his head.
"No there was never time for that, my dad moved up to a new location every few months so there really was no point I would just end up leaving the team again and leave them out to dry."
He said and sigh regretfully, he seamed lonely, very bright and trying to look strong but lonely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 11 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:19 am

"I think you should listen to your Mentor but perhaps you are safer because you live in a ehm...Chantry...that is the word right? Chantry? My dad hates that word since the vampires he don't like use it."

"I'm fairly certain we used it before those vampires." Serge said. "In fact I think they stole it from us....jerks."

"I do not really get that no, but my dad did tell me to run from trouble if I see them. I mean I can fight a bit, I cam make fire but then reality will have a say in the matter and things do not end up good and there is always someone bigger and stronger than you out there so running is good."
Kyle said and nodded.

"You can make fire!" Serge said clearly more interested in that rather than his lack of battle senses. "That's some pyromancer shit right there. Can you do any other cool stuff? Can you cook stuff with that fire?" Serge asked trying to get Kyle to talk more about his abilities.

"Perhaps you can use symbol languages you know, from dream interpretation guides and such. I mean when you look at pages from old alchemical texts the pictures say more than the text for the whole process is described there in how symbolism is used."
The young mage said and smiled.
"And the same with Tarot cards as well, if they are made nicely that is and is not just some money grab."

"That's a smart idea." Serge said with a nod. "I already use a couple of symbols in my artwork already. It shouldn't be too hard to incorporate some new ones. Besides I need to go to the library anyways and using some ancient symbols just sounds really cool."

"That way of looking at it works as well."
Kyle said and nodded.
"My dad used to explain the difference between the magic he do and mine that way, that if reality where a painting then he and those like him could use a painting my numbers kit, sure the result would look nice and you would get the same result every time but you had to follow the lines, while those like us are given paints and a brush and told to do as we please, at times that will lead to stick figures and at times masterpieces but the result are only ours and done with our will and nothing else."
He said considering what you where saying.

"Yeah that sounds like us." Serge said with a smile. "A powerful will and a creative mind makes for some pretty powerful magick. Although don't diss stick figures. Their's power in that simplicity."

"It is like figuring out how to get the most out of your car, the biggest engine might not always be best for then it will handle poorly, you need to find the best way to be able to get around the tracks flawlessly."
He said then he grinned.
"Mario Cart is fun though."

"I could never really tell the difference between the cars or how they drove. I just pressed accelerate and hoped I made it to the end of the racetrack." Serge said with a grin.

Kyle shook his head.
"No there was never time for that, my dad moved up to a new location every few months so there really was no point I would just end up leaving the team again and leave them out to dry."
He said and sigh regretfully, he seamed lonely, very bright and trying to look strong but lonely.

"So you were always moving? Did you live in any cool or interesting places?" Serge asked trying to brighten Kyle's mood.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:33 am

"I'm fairly certain we used it before those vampires." Serge said. "In fact I think they stole it from us....jerks."

"I don't know about that really I only know there are these vampire magicians that my dad really hate with a passion, and sometimes he do business with people to save someone from them but I have never been allowed to ear what they talk about. Who first used the term Chantry I don't know though."
Kyle said and scratched his head.

"You can make fire!" Serge said clearly more interested in that rather than his lack of battle senses. "That's some pyromancer shit right there. Can you do any other cool stuff? Can you cook stuff with that fire?" Serge asked trying to get Kyle to talk more about his abilities.

"I guess I can at that. I mean I can shape that fire, create heat or make it colder. I have to create it from something though. I also have some sense of you know where things are and can conjure things up from somewhere like grabbing my school bag from home through a mirror...that sort of things."
He said and smiled proudly.

"That's a smart idea." Serge said with a nod. "I already use a couple of symbols in my artwork already. It shouldn't be too hard to incorporate some new ones. Besides I need to go to the library anyways and using some ancient symbols just sounds really cool."

"It might be a way to get more meaning into each drawing and also it might look cool. I guess you can ask those living here if they have any books with ancient symbols and the like I mean it is a house full of mages I would bet a month's allowance they have allot of books."

"Yeah that sounds like us." Serge said with a smile. "A powerful will and a creative mind makes for some pretty powerful magick. Although don't diss stick figures. Their's power in that simplicity."

"Yeah it sort of feel like that I mean when I see my dad work his magic he sort of go over what he have done before. I could never really wrap my head around that,with what I do it feels more like I can just change things or rather destroy the possibility that what I want to happen do not happen...as for stick figures I guess you are right and they can get the point across."

"I could never really tell the difference between the cars or how they drove. I just pressed accelerate and hoped I made it to the end of the racetrack." Serge said with a grin.

"Yeah that...don't work to well..."
Kyle said and scratched his head and grinned.
"It might still be fun with the more cartoony games that are simpler but with something like Need for Speed you need to get a bit more involved."

"So you were always moving? Did you live in any cool or interesting places?" Serge asked trying to brighten Kyle's mood.

"Nah just places some where nicer than others but we kept low profile so it was cheap apartments in one city or another, yeah we where always moving...it was my fault that my parents could never settle down, they tried to keep me away from the Traditions...that did not work so well now did it."
He muttered and looked down sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:41 am

"Do you really think she will get a lawyer that give two shits about her? And while someone there while it is being...done might help a little there is allot of time before and perhaps after...where she will be abandoned."
Allison muttered sadly.
Colin shrugged, "I don't know... I do know it's possible, but I don't know if her lawyer will be considerate - I do suspect, though, that most such, ah, public defenders, as it were, are on the compassionate side."

"Any generic RPG slime then...but yes I get that you did not have much time for games after that experience, it is when you Awakened you said."
The prisoner said and glanced up at you.
He nodded, "Well, I've generally spent my time reading more than playing video games. Though I do try to clock a few hours each week in a flight simulator."

"Thank you for trying at least..."
He nodded, "I really could do no less."

"Well that is an apprenticeship for you, I assume it will be less eyeballs and dicks on the walls at least."
He grinned, "Now, that depends entirely on what sort of art pieces you decide to decorate your room with, I suppose."

"I guess but...the situation kind of suck...I sure hope you are able to do something about it or I am sort of screwed it seams."
She said and sigh and shook her head seaming rather scared.
He nodded, "The work has already begun."
He paused, "Changes have already happened, actually. Originally, my apprentice first met one of my Chantrymates in the infirmary when he returned from the Labyrinth to have his face stitched up. However, thanks to a syringe-happy nurse, the poor girl panicked, and I had to move her to another room... to which said Chantrymate came to help me babysit her instead. It's a small change, not a large ripple in the timeline - but it's a change."

"It sounds like your future self have been having all the fun and will be getting all the Paradox but what he is doing is quite useful it seams. Ah a time bubble, yeah I can see how those are useful and your last week must have been interesting, tell me about it some time will you."
He grinned, "I have seen things that would give a Cultist of Ecstacy a mild to moderate headache... I'm sure we could discuss it over a nice cup of tea sometime in the future."

Crexia gave you a concerned look but she nodded.
"As you will Mr Wainwright you are probably right that such a...issue would be nice to be able to flush before I seal up in."
She agreed.
"Are you sure you want to do this?"
He grimaced, "Want to is not the right term... I think it is necessary, that someone has to do it. And I couldn't ask anyone else to."

As he heard the door and their voices, he opened his eyes and got up from where he was sitting on the floor and gave a nod to Udella and Colin. "Amicus, I'm not entirely clear if you need me to do anything to help you with your experiment, aside from be here just in case you need some assistance and to provide a witness to the effects. But if there was anything in particular you need me to do, please let me know. Other than that, I assume once the bubble is secure and closed I can catch up and we can discuss things, finally."
He nodded, "A few details to discuss, witnessing the experiment... and to make sure you get some rest after your little trip to the tenth or eleventh century or so, and before we go to mop up the other Labyrinth, as well."
He frowned, "I... found who your little brother apparently was, seventy years ago..."

The bathroom had this horrible dark pink with roses wallpaper, a pink sink and toilet and pink floor tiles it looked like some old granny's bathroom. The injection was...not comfortable the size of the needle itself hurt but you have had enough IVs of that size to be fairly used to that. The serum though burned like hell, it really did feel like someone had made a cut to the bone in your tight and poured alcohol on it, for you it was not a problem holding out you had experienced much worse things, as you had said you where quite used to pain, but there was a reason most recipients did not like that shot and for a child like Anna who was terrified in addition it would have been a nightmare. You remember from the future the first time you had been forced to dose her with it, right after she came to Steelhaven, she had cried for what seamed like hours, not letting you clean the wound or touch it, cried until she had finally fallen into a fitful sleep as far into a corner she she was able to get. That serum really was not a nice experience, and then the nausea hit you, you felt like your guts where twisting but managed to keep yourself from throwing up, all in all it was not a plesant experience.
He doubled over for a moment, pressing the ice pack against the puncture wound before slowly composing himself again, "Oh, God, that actually feels worse than that witch trying to twist my entrails into a Gordian knot... I'm alright, but this shit is really unethical to use on people unless absolutely necessary..."
He wobbled a little, returning from the bathroom and capping the needle again, "Now, somewhere to dispose of this thing..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:39 pm

Colin shrugged, "I don't know... I do know it's possible, but I don't know if her lawyer will be considerate - I do suspect, though, that most such, ah, public defenders, as it were, are on the compassionate side."

"I hope you are right. Matty need someone...who can be kind to her towards the end. I mean the result of the trial is a given, we know what is going to happen but at least someone can be there for her and help her through it...help her when the fear comes."
Allison muttered darkly.

He nodded, "Well, I've generally spent my time reading more than playing video games. Though I do try to clock a few hours each week in a flight simulator."

"I like video games but I like books better. Flight simulators though, I could literary not figure out heads or tail with them and really never let me near the controls to anything flying I think is the best way to put it."

He nodded, "I really could do no less."

"Well I do appreciate it Mr...ehm...yeah what is your name? It is ok if you don't want to tell me though."
Allison said and glanced up at you.

He grinned, "Now, that depends entirely on what sort of art pieces you decide to decorate your room with, I suppose."

"I don's know anime art, pictures of nice landscapes, occult sigils perhaps, body parts not so much if you ask me the Nephandi needs a new sense of style."
The young mage said and wrinkled her nose in disgust.

He nodded, "The work has already begun."
He paused, "Changes have already happened, actually. Originally, my apprentice first met one of my Chantrymates in the infirmary when he returned from the Labyrinth to have his face stitched up. However, thanks to a syringe-happy nurse, the poor girl panicked, and I had to move her to another room... to which said Chantrymate came to help me babysit her instead. It's a small change, not a large ripple in the timeline - but it's a change."

"I guess there is a chance it could be changed then."
Allison said and looked down and heaved into the bucked again though she had nothing left to throw up.
"But if you can't change it perhaps it is best if a new Mentor do not work with me, get to know me and then loose me..."
She muttered then she sigh.
"Yeah Strangler of Fetuses do not like needles not at all she had one of the Labyrinth spirits do her piercings instead of just asking Doc, that have to have hurt more and just doing it the regular way..."

He grinned, "I have seen things that would give a Cultist of Ecstacy a mild to moderate headache... I'm sure we could discuss it over a nice cup of tea sometime in the future."

"So that I can get a headache as well...more of a headache I mean?"
She said and grinned.
"Well I might like that your sense o time though is really confusing, no disrespect but it is."

He grimaced, "Want to is not the right term... I think it is necessary, that someone has to do it. And I couldn't ask anyone else to."

Crexia nodded at that.
"You are right it might be necessary...good luck but I am not going to say the whole thing is not making me concerned."

He doubled over for a moment, pressing the ice pack against the puncture wound before slowly composing himself again, "Oh, God, that actually feels worse than that witch trying to twist my entrails into a Gordian knot... I'm alright, but this shit is really unethical to use on people unless absolutely necessary..."
He wobbled a little, returning from the bathroom and capping the needle again, "Now, somewhere to dispose of this thing..."

The ice made it a little better, pressing the pack against the puncture wound did not as the whole muscle felt strained, it felt as if you had been working a whole weekend moving heavy boxes and well then cut yourself and cleaned it out with alcohol and it was rather tender and did not like being pressed on, cold made it better though. Crexia glanced at you and lifted one hand from her embroidery frame, muttered something in Latin and a blue flame of Primal fire rose from her hand making her look like some stereotypical fantasy sorceress.
"The syringe will have some of your blood on it, it can burn it to nothingness for you if you would like."
She offered.
"Are you in pain Mr Wainwrgiht? Are you sure you are ok?"

(OOC: My posting speed and how well I write might be a bit off right now. Maude is sick and I am very worried about her. She started breathing in a labored way late last night and she is uneasy, hopefully she have just gotten a flu or some other such infection as that is easy to treat but in a cat that old illness is always scary. She have an vet's appointment in an hour.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:40 pm

"I don't know about that really I only know there are these vampire magicians that my dad really hate with a passion, and sometimes he do business with people to save someone from them but I have never been allowed to ear what they talk about. Who first used the term Chantry I don't know though."
Kyle said and scratched his head.

"I don't know much about the nightfolk except that they exist." Serge said.

"Still, just knowing their out there is freaky. I've never met one personally. How about you?"

"I guess I can at that. I mean I can shape that fire, create heat or make it colder. I have to create it from something though. I also have some sense of you know where things are and can conjure things up from somewhere like grabbing my school bag from home through a mirror...that sort of things."
He said and smiled proudly.

"That's some pretty impressive magick you got there." Serge said with a smile. "When I close my eyes and enter my little daydreaming altered mind state I can also sense things around me and in faraway location. I sort of see more stuff in my mind's eye like what's beyond a closed door or a bird's eye view of the surrounding area. I can even see people and tell how their feeling. Sometimes influence how their feeling as well."

"It might be a way to get more meaning into each drawing and also it might look cool. I guess you can ask those living here if they have any books with ancient symbols and the like I mean it is a house full of mages I would bet a month's allowance they have allot of books."

"Their's a library here that I think I'm allowed to use." Serge said. "It sounds like a cool first topic to search up."

"Yeah it sort of feel like that I mean when I see my dad work his magic he sort of go over what he have done before. I could never really wrap my head around that,with what I do it feels more like I can just change things or rather destroy the possibility that what I want to happen do not happen...as for stick figures I guess you are right and they can get the point across."

"I just kinda....imagine stuff happening." Serge revealed. "And focus really hard on it. Focus on my belief that I can shape the chaotic mess we call reality into something more interesting. See if I can make other people see the world the way I see it."

"Nah just places some where nicer than others but we kept low profile so it was cheap apartments in one city or another, yeah we where always moving...it was my fault that my parents could never settle down, they tried to keep me away from the Traditions...that did not work so well now did it."
He muttered and looked down sadly.

"Why did your father dislike the traditions so much?" Serge said getting increasingly curious about Kyle's overprotective father.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:47 pm

He nodded, "A few details to discuss, witnessing the experiment... and to make sure you get some rest after your little trip to the tenth or eleventh century or so, and before we go to mop up the other Labyrinth, as well." He frowned, "I... found who your little brother apparently was, seventy years ago..."

"You need some rest too..." he said."I hope you can sleep with that stuff in you." He raised an eyebrow at his last comment, curious - that was bound to be important. "That is something I'll wish to know, later when the security is set, yes." Once Colin headed off to the restroom, he cast a worried glance at Udella and Crexia and then sighed.

He doubled over for a moment, pressing the ice pack against the puncture wound before slowly composing himself again, "Oh, God, that actually feels worse than that witch trying to twist my entrails into a Gordian knot... I'm alright, but this shit is really unethical to use on people unless absolutely necessary..." He wobbled a little, returning from the bathroom and capping the needle again, "Now, somewhere to dispose of this thing..."

He reached out a hand as an offer of help if he needed it, a frown on his face. Kyle had said it hurt when he got the shot. But if a man that had taken a rocket to the face said something hurt, then it must actually be agony...

Crexia glanced at you and lifted one hand from her embroidery frame, muttered something in Latin and a blue flame of Primal fire rose from her hand making her look like some stereotypical fantasy sorceress. "The syringe will have some of your blood on it, it can burn it to nothingness for you if you would like." She offered. "Are you in pain Mr Wainwright? Are you sure you are ok?"

He grabbed a chair for his friend and then stood back a little, not trying to crowd him but near enough that if he needed any assistance he was not far off.

// D: I hope your kitty is ok Anja

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Serge:

"I don't know much about the nightfolk except that they exist." Serge said.

"Still, just knowing their out there is freaky. I've never met one personally. How about you?"

"I have seen them visiting with my father a few times but he forbade me from making contact with them so I have never met one, I was sent to my room but I heard them talking with my father down the hall."
Kyle said and frowned.

"That's some pretty impressive magick you got there." Serge said with a smile. "When I close my eyes and enter my little daydreaming altered mind state I can also sense things around me and in faraway location. I sort of see more stuff in my mind's eye like what's beyond a closed door or a bird's eye view of the surrounding area. I can even see people and tell how their feeling. Sometimes influence how their feeling as well."

"Yeah well I Awakened as a little kid so I have had some years to work on it."
The young mage said and smiled a little shyly.
"I can not really remember a time when I did not have magick, I remember my Awakening but not that much from before, just flashes you know. As for what you can do that sounds pretty neat as well, though I am not so sure I would want someone to influence how I am feeling you know."

"Their's a library here that I think I'm allowed to use." Serge said. "It sounds like a cool first topic to search up."

"Yeah that could be rather neat to find out more about ancient symbol system and the like."
The widderslainte said and nodded.

"I just kinda....imagine stuff happening." Serge revealed. "And focus really hard on it. Focus on my belief that I can shape the chaotic mess we call reality into something more interesting. See if I can make other people see the world the way I see it."

"For me I see the world as a collection of words, but not really sounds but divine words, the utterances of creation and then the ritual words and gestures I use delete those words, destroy them so they have never been leaving behind only the thing I want to create or change...but that is a wrong way to work magick, it is because I am what I am that I can never create...just destroy."
Kyle muttered shamefully and looked down.

"Why did your father dislike the traditions so much?" Serge said getting increasingly curious about Kyle's overprotective father.

"He do not dislike the Traditions he did not want me captured by them. The Traditions hunt down widderslainte children, especially those who Awaken, and when they find them...well...thing do not end well for those children."
He muttered softly and looked out into nothing.
"My father used to give me photocopies from the pages of a fantasy series of books he said had a disturbingly similar thing the mages in it can do to one another as what the Traditions would do to me if they found it, and as soon as I was old enough to read he made me read those excerpts every night, descriptions...vivid descriptions of...well anyway...he taught me to stay well away from other mages and we moved around so they would never find me...and then I go and mess it up...and now I am the prisoner of the very group my father used my childhood teaching me to fear."
Kyle glanced at you for a moment with terror in his dark eyes then he shivered and looked down.
"So yeah...my family never settling down is sort of my fault."

Adley:

Once Colin headed off to the restroom, he cast a worried glance at Udella and Crexia and then sighed.

The two older Hermetics gave you concerned glanced but there was nothing left to say. Colin had made up his mind to test the serum on himself that the Orphan had proved to be rather stubborn.

He grabbed a chair for his friend and then stood back a little, not trying to crowd him but near enough that if he needed any assistance he was not far off.

Crexia placed more stitches in her embroidery cloth and there was a strange feeling, a sort of dizzying swirl like being on a merry go round and then it evened out.
"The bubble is created and the protections are in place, I will continue to maintain it for the next twenty four hours."
Crexia said as she changed her thread from gray to green and continued sewing.
"We can all talk privately now."

Udella nodded to Crexia then she sat down into a chair and leaned back though she still gave Colin a worried look down and again.
"Are you alright old friend?"
She asked softly.

(OOC: The vet thinks that she will be fine, she thinks that Maude's lungs have gotten stiffer with age and then thee have been some irritation, a minor infection, inhaled dust, anything really which have made it temporarily worse and than with rest this will right itself out. She is having blood work to check for pneumonia and a tube bought into her lungs though her nose tomorrow morning just to be sure there is nothing more serious so I am still concerned but she is looking better and apparently tried to take a bite out of the vet when she wanted her to sit still for xrays, which is why blood work will wait until we have to put er under anyway. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:57 pm

"Yeah well I Awakened as a little kid so I have had some years to work on it."
The young mage said and smiled a little shyly.
"I can not really remember a time when I did not have magick, I remember my Awakening but not that much from before, just flashes you know. As for what you can do that sounds pretty neat as well, though I am not so sure I would want someone to influence how I am feeling you know."

"I awakened around your age." Serge said. "It was....really freaky. But I'll never forget that day. No one ever does. As for me influencing you don't worry about it. It's a major no-no to get inside anyone's head without a legitimate reason. No one likes having their emotions tampered with. I do have ideas for other cool tricks though. You ever hear about the inkblot test? It's where a psychiatrist gives you a a page full of inkblots and asks you what they look like. I wanted to try and create a spell where I give someone some ink blots and manipulate what they see in those ink blots. That way I can tell what's going on in there heads without actually invading their heads."

"Yeah that could be rather neat to find out more about ancient symbol system and the like."
The widderslainte said and nodded.

"You should join me at the library." Serge said simply. "If your going to be given a room at this chantry than you should be able to use its facilities. Besides you like books way more than me. Who knows what you'll find in magickal library full of mages."

"For me I see the world as a collection of words, but not really sounds but divine words, the utterances of creation and then the ritual words and gestures I use delete those words, destroy them so they have never been leaving behind only the thing I want to create or change...but that is a wrong way to work magick, it is because I am what I am that I can never create...just destroy."
Kyle muttered shamefully and looked down.

"Man everyone seems to have a cooler way of explaining their magick than I do." Serge said with a smile trying to lighten the mood. "And don't look so bummed out kid. You choose the type of person you want to be and you decide what you use your powers for. Their is no universal right or wrong way to do anything. It's all about how you perceive the world." Serge said trying to comfort Kyle.

"He do not dislike the Traditions he did not want me captured by them. The Traditions hunt down widderslainte children, especially those who Awaken, and when they find them...well...thing do not end well for those children."
He muttered softly and looked out into nothing.
"My father used to give me photocopies from the pages of a fantasy series of books he said had a disturbingly similar thing the mages in it can do to one another as what the Traditions would do to me if they found it, and as soon as I was old enough to read he made me read those excerpts every night, descriptions...vivid descriptions of...well anyway...he taught me to stay well away from other mages and we moved around so they would never find me...and then I go and mess it up...and now I am the prisoner of the very group my father used my childhood teaching me to fear."
Kyle glanced at you for a moment with terror in his dark eyes then he shivered and looked down.
"So yeah...my family never settling down is sort of my fault."

"So what do you think about the traditions?" Serge asked. "Do they seem like the disturbing mages from those storybooks?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 pm

"I awakened around your age." Serge said. "It was....really freaky. But I'll never forget that day. No one ever does.

"Yeah one never forgets...I was in a car accident, my parents where fine but the back seat where I was sitting was completely crushed, only I was not there, I was sitting on the grass a little ways from the site of the accident knowing I had somehow moved teleported or something, and seeing everything but in a way a three year old can understand, I just sat there looking around confused for a moment, awed and overwhelmed and then I bawled for my mom..."
Kyle said and grinned a little self consciously.
"But hey I was three."

As for me influencing you don't worry about it. It's a major no-no to get inside anyone's head without a legitimate reason. No one likes having their emotions tampered with.

The young mage just nodded, accepting your reassurance you would not just start playing with his emotions.

I do have ideas for other cool tricks though. You ever hear about the inkblot test? It's where a psychiatrist gives you a a page full of inkblots and asks you what they look like.

"Yeah I know them, I always lost my psyciatrists after those tests, they would just leave ashen faced and refuse to work with me anymore, at least if I really said what I saw in the images...I guess I could have lied and said butterflies and ponies and shit..."
Kyle grumbled.

I wanted to try and create a spell where I give someone some ink blots and manipulate what they see in those ink blots. That way I can tell what's going on in there heads without actually invading their personal space."

"Would not that be the same thing? I mean if someone read someone's mind Professor X style or read what they are thinking in a set of Tarot cards or in ink blots they are still reading their mind just as much even if they are using tools to do it."
Kyle said skeptically.

"You should join me." Serge said simply. "If your going to be given a room at this chantry than you should be able to use its facilities. Besides you like books way more than me. Who knows what you'll find in magickal library full of mages."

"I would like that, it would be cool."
The widderslainte boy said and grinned.
"I do wonder what sort of library they have here."
He muttered excitedly.

"Man everyone seems to have a cooler way of explaining their magick than I do." Serge said with a smile trying to lighten the mood.

Kyle grinned.
"I think going into the world of your own imagination and making thing from it manifest in the real world is a pretty cool way to look at magick."
He said.

"And don't look so bummed out kid. You choose the type of person you want to be and you decide what you use your powers for. Their is no universal right or wrong way to do anything. It's all about how you perceive the world." Serge said trying to comfort Kyle.

"Maybe you are right but...I have seen other mages work now and their magick do not feel the same as mine, they feel as far from what I do as what we all do are from my dad's static workings...I somehow feel that what I do destroy a tiny bit of the world's potential every single time and that part of me that are dark and wrong and ugly kind of likes that."
He said sadly and looks down.
"That part of me who just want to see this world burn into nothingness."

"So what do you think about the traditions?" Serge asked. "Do they seem like the disturbing mages from those storybooks?"

"I have not seen that much of them really...some of the Traditionalists have been really nice like the guy who found me, he is a bit stuck up it seams, you know the honor student type that sort of have a stick glued up someplace private but he is also really nice, and there is this scarred man tat looks a bit like the modern versions of Frankenstein he got me these books and there is Andrew and his Mentor they are nice and the boss here well one of the bosses Jeffry Morgan he says he is making me his apprentice so I get a chance...so that is nice and I mean you have been kind to me, but some of the others have been mean or scary and I am thrown in this cell and stabbed with shots and kept from my magick so...let us just say it is not as bad as I had feared...and no they are not really like the mages in those books for it is not the societies that are similar, if anything they are more like the Renaissance version of the Technocracy, but in those books they have a way to destroy the magick of other mages and it...is according to my dad dreadfully similar to what the Traditions do to those like me they capture...and how accurate those books are on that I hope not to find out to be honest..."
The young mage muttered and swallowed hard.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:30 am

"I hope you are right. Matty need someone...who can be kind to her towards the end. I mean the result of the trial is a given, we know what is going to happen but at least someone can be there for her and help her through it...help her when the fear comes."
Allison muttered darkly.
Colin nodded, "She was made to watch her first Mentor... there was nothing right about that. She should have been spared that, at least; just a child at the time..."

"I like video games but I like books better. Flight simulators though, I could literary not figure out heads or tail with them and really never let me near the controls to anything flying I think is the best way to put it."
He grinned, "Ah, there are a few very good flight sims available - very realistic. Almost as good as seizing the sky in real life... but just almost."

"Well I do appreciate it Mr...ehm...yeah what is your name? It is ok if you don't want to tell me though."
Allison said and glanced up at you.
He smiled, "Wainwright. Colin Wainwright. This should be a safe enough place for that, unlike the Labyrinth."

"I don's know anime art, pictures of nice landscapes, occult sigils perhaps, body parts not so much if you ask me the Nephandi needs a new sense of style."
The young mage said and wrinkled her nose in disgust.
He nodded, "I've seen too much Nephandi architecture for a lifetime this weekend... and yet, there's more to come."

"I guess there is a chance it could be changed then."
Allison said and looked down and heaved into the bucked again though she had nothing left to throw up.
"But if you can't change it perhaps it is best if a new Mentor do not work with me, get to know me and then loose me..."
She muttered then she sigh.
"Yeah Strangler of Fetuses do not like needles not at all she had one of the Labyrinth spirits do her piercings instead of just asking Doc, that have to have hurt more and just doing it the regular way..."
He shook his head, "Deciding not to try because there's a chance of failure... there's no cheaper way to lose. You can't always win, but if you never try, you never win."
He sighed, "I befriended the spirit who did her piercings, actually; nice fellow, once he accepted the gift of a new Name. I think his handiwork in those piercings may have been both less painful and more hygienic than, well... asking those werebears you had."

"So that I can get a headache as well...more of a headache I mean?"
She said and grinned.
"Well I might like that your sense o time though is really confusing, no disrespect but it is."
He shrugged, "Who knows, you might end up taking to chronomancy yourself. It's a strange discipline, though."

You need some rest too..." he said."I hope you can sleep with that stuff in you." He raised an eyebrow at his last comment, curious - that was bound to be important. "That is something I'll wish to know, later when the security is set, yes." Once Colin headed off to the restroom, he cast a worried glance at Udella and Crexia and then sighed.
He nodded, "Once the initial discomfort passes... sleep should come around without too much effort. Might take a few hours, though."

Crexia nodded at that.
"You are right it might be necessary...good luck but I am not going to say the whole thing is not making me concerned."
He nodded, "Oh, I agree... but if the scan shows residual Primium right after the dose expires... well, it will be a clear proof that it takes a little longer than 24 hours to be rid of the residue, and thus that repeat doses so close together are dangerous."

The ice made it a little better, pressing the pack against the puncture wound did not as the whole muscle felt strained, it felt as if you had been working a whole weekend moving heavy boxes and well then cut yourself and cleaned it out with alcohol and it was rather tender and did not like being pressed on, cold made it better though. Crexia glanced at you and lifted one hand from her embroidery frame, muttered something in Latin and a blue flame of Primal fire rose from her hand making her look like some stereotypical fantasy sorceress.
"The syringe will have some of your blood on it, it can burn it to nothingness for you if you would like."
She offered.
"Are you in pain Mr Wainwrgiht? Are you sure you are ok?"
He nodded, limping over to the chair, and set the syringe on the table, "If you please... Yes, I am in some amount of pain and discomfort. It feels like I have a huge, pus-filled boil in the middle of my thigh muscle, and as though someone's stabbed me to the bone and pumped pure alcohol into the wound. It is, however, not entirely unbearable, and..."
He closed his eyes for a few moments, trying to reach for Mia, "There's an odd sensation, not entirely like stepping into the warded cells, but not entirely different, either..."

Crexia placed more stitches in her embroidery cloth and there was a strange feeling, a sort of dizzying swirl like being on a merry go round and then it evened out.
"The bubble is created and the protections are in place, I will continue to maintain it for the next twenty four hours."
Crexia said as she changed her thread from gray to green and continued sewing.
"We can all talk privately now."

Udella nodded to Crexia then she sat down into a chair and leaned back though she still gave Colin a worried look down and again.
"Are you alright old friend?"
She asked softly.
He leaned back in the chair, then nodded slowly, "I am... uncomfortable, but no more than I can endure. But now that we are safe, I might as well... well, Adley knows, and I suspect both of you ladies have more than accurately guessed who - and what - I am..."

((OOC: I'm glad Maude seems to be feeling better. Poor old dear; if she's in good enough shape to try to bite the vet, that's at least a good sign, isn't it? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:41 am

Colin nodded, "She was made to watch her first Mentor... there was nothing right about that. She should have been spared that, at least; just a child at the time..."

Allison glaces over at Matty and then shakes her head.
"Is that why she let herself be...mutilated in such a way, I knew something had to have happened but to have seen...that...as a child poor girl. Is there some way that injustice can be used to spare her now? She must be so terrified her nightmares are coming true."
She muttered sadly.

He grinned, "Ah, there are a few very good flight sims available - very realistic. Almost as good as seizing the sky in real life... but just almost."

"Somehow I don't think flying is the thing for me."
Allison muttered and grinned.

He smiled, "Wainwright. Colin Wainwright. This should be a safe enough place for that, unlike the Labyrinth."

"It is nice to meet you Mr Wainwright though the circumstances could be better."
She said and gave a wry smile then she sigh.
"Yeah in the Labyrinth the walls have ears...literary."

He nodded, "I've seen too much Nephandi architecture for a lifetime this weekend... and yet, there's more to come."

"Lisa Larson's Labyrinth that is not going to be a safe place to enter."
Allison said and frowned.

He shook his head, "Deciding not to try because there's a chance of failure... there's no cheaper way to lose. You can't always win, but if you never try, you never win."

"True that I guess. Off course I want to try I am just...scared..."
The young woman admitted.
"At least I am in a better place than poor Matty over there."

He sighed, "I befriended the spirit who did her piercings, actually; nice fellow, once he accepted the gift of a new Name. I think his handiwork in those piercings may have been both less painful and more hygienic than, well... asking those werebears you had."

"You gave him a new name...probably a good thing I always found it cruel to strip a Umbrood of it's name and purpose."
She said and sigh then she grimaced.
"Yeah I do not think I would get the scare bears duo to do body modifications on me, then again if I want a new piercing I would go to a professional or a doctor and just use a needle, but I guess Strangler of Fetuses are simply afraid of that like my Mentor was of small spaces...I mean there where no rhyme or reason to it, she was this powerful Nephandi Prelate who just would not go in the smaller spaces of the Labyrinth, slept on her own sofa as her bedroom was to small and would freak out if ever caught anywhere small...and would not let me enter the Caul since she herself was afraid of it...sometimes I wonder what happened to her to make her like that."
Allison said sadly.

He shrugged, "Who knows, you might end up taking to chronomancy yourself. It's a strange discipline, though."

"If I ever do I am going to need a subscription service to headache medication."
Allison said wryly.
"You should probably look into one yourself."

He nodded, "Once the initial discomfort passes... sleep should come around without too much effort. Might take a few hours, though."

"I have had a few clients who have been on that serum and especially one gentleman who was on it for a year, making sure not to put pressure on the score muscle itself and gently applying something cooling might help you sleep if not I have brought a herd that if steeped into a tea provide a mind anesthetic effect and is calming for over stimulated nervles like for example if someone have been in a Labyrinth fighting and are still on high alert."
Udella offered.

He nodded, "Oh, I agree... but if the scan shows residual Primium right after the dose expires... well, it will be a clear proof that it takes a little longer than 24 hours to be rid of the residue, and thus that repeat doses so close together are dangerous."

Crexia nodded at that.
"If that is the case it will make the serum less valuable as a way to restrain prisoners...at least prisoners one want to last, which might be as well, a lichdom serum, that is someone's life, if it was botched that probably mean someone died before it was used, someone completely cut off from anyone, a no person with no name...and now their final work is being make a mockery of in such a way, I do not like it."
She said finally expressing her emotions around the matter.
"Off course the would be lich could have come to their senses and abandoned the project and their potion but that is not likely getting to the point of making it is not easy it means you are already pretty determined to go through with it."

He nodded, limping over to the chair, and set the syringe on the table, "If you please...

Crexia carefully lifted the syringe and set it on fire with the blue flame in her hand burning it out of existence, this was more severe than your Primal Flames that damages the pattern of a thing, the flame in Crexia'shand literary made the syringe stop existing burning it out of reality itself. The old maga closed her hand extinguishing the flame and went back to her embroidery.

Yes, I am in some amount of pain and discomfort. It feels like I have a huge, pus-filled boil in the middle of my thigh muscle, and as though someone's stabbed me to the bone and pumped pure alcohol into the wound. It is, however, not entirely unbearable, and..."

"That sounds unpleasant, my poor client who was forced to be on that foul stuff for a year it is no wonder the man have become rather skittish I thought it was just being kept from his magick for a year but it seams there have also been a fair degree of discomfort involved the poor man!"
Udella said and frowned.
"And your new apprentice I hope we can change that fate for her, something like that do not sound like something a child should be made to endure daily."

He closed his eyes for a few moments, trying to reach for Mia, "There's an odd sensation, not entirely like stepping into the warded cells, but not entirely different, either..."

Mia was there but she felt like she was wrapped in layers of thick cloth separating you from her, the sensation was a bit claustrophobic and the dignified old soul was not best pleased, no she was not best pleased at all, at least you could feel her indignation there though a bit muted.

He leaned back in the chair, then nodded slowly, "I am... uncomfortable, but no more than I can endure. But now that we are safe, I might as well... well, Adley knows, and I suspect both of you ladies have more than accurately guessed who - and what - I am..."

Crexia nodded and glanced at you.
"You said your Avatar was a shard cluster Mr Wainwright, and given some parts of your personality and things you have let slip I suspect there is in that cluster a large enough piece of Heylel Teomim to carry on some of their personality and memories, also since Julius de Medici's Avatar was larger and more powerful the ritualists would have focused more on it so I suspect you are the reincarnation of the Orphan street alchemist thief and prostitute Mia de Napoli."
The old Tytalus said calmly.
"How are my guesswork doing Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: We will know for sure once we get some more tests done this morning, she is well enough to be quite miffed that she is not getting fed at least that tail is doing some impressive swishing, sone do not starve an empress! Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:42 am

"I have had a few clients who have been on that serum and especially one gentleman who was on it for a year, making sure not to put pressure on the score muscle itself and gently applying something cooling might help you sleep if not I have brought a herd that if steeped into a tea provide a mind anesthetic effect and is calming for over stimulated nerves like for example if someone have been in a Labyrinth fighting and are still on high alert." Udella offered.

"Sounds like useful stuff. We'll need all the sleep we can get."

He nodded, limping over to the chair, and set the syringe on the table, "If you please... Yes, I am in some amount of pain and discomfort. It feels like I have a huge, pus-filled boil in the middle of my thigh muscle, and as though someone's stabbed me to the bone and pumped pure alcohol into the wound. It is, however, not entirely unbearable, and..." He closed his eyes for a few moments, trying to reach for Mia, "There's an odd sensation, not entirely like stepping into the warded cells, but not entirely different, either..."
"That sounds unpleasant, my poor client who was forced to be on that foul stuff for a year it is no wonder the man have become rather skittish I thought it was just being kept from his magick for a year but it seams there have also been a fair degree of discomfort involved the poor man!" Udella said and frowned. "And your new apprentice I hope we can change that fate for her, something like that do not sound like something a child should be made to endure daily."

"That sounds dreadful..." He shook his head. "I wish I'd asked more questions about this material now before giving it to my brother. Still, at least it seems you have managed to spare him further harm," he said, sounding a bit regretful as he sat back down on the floor, this time near Colin's chair.

"You said your Avatar was a shard cluster Mr Wainwright, and given some parts of your personality and things you have let slip I suspect there is in that cluster a large enough piece of Heylel Teomim to carry on some of their personality and memories, also since Julius de Medici's Avatar was larger and more powerful the ritualists would have focused more on it so I suspect you are the reincarnation of the Orphan street alchemist thief and prostitute Mia de Napoli." The old Tytalus said calmly. "How are my guesswork doing Mr Wainwright?"

He raised an eyebrow at Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 am

"Sounds like useful stuff. We'll need all the sleep we can get."

Udella nodded.
"I will brew some up then."
She said and went over to the supplies and poured some water into a clay teapot and placed it in her hand to boil the water.

"That sounds dreadful..." He shook his head. "I wish I'd asked more questions about this material now before giving it to my brother. Still, at least it seems you have managed to spare him further harm," he said, sounding a bit regretful as he sat back down on the floor, this time near Colin's chair.

"Sodalis the way I understand it Master Morgan's new apprentice is quite young I am sure that if it is a surise to you that the serum is painful he did his best to hide it for you not to be regretful over it, do not waste his efforts, let us figure out how dangerous this serum is and then the Council will decide if it will be allowed for further use."
Crexia said softly.

"Your friend might wish to be more...discreet sometimes his secret is to easy to guess."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:50 am

Allison glaces over at Matty and then shakes her head.
"Is that why she let herself be...mutilated in such a way, I knew something had to have happened but to have seen...that...as a child poor girl. Is there some way that injustice can be used to spare her now? She must be so terrified her nightmares are coming true."
She muttered sadly.
Colin shook his head, "I'm afraid there's nothing more to be done, really... Her Mentor was sentenced for conspiring to abduct Orphans, feed them to Avatar-eating beasts, and harvest the Quintessence that was subsequently, er, dropped. That sentence was just. Matty allowed herself to Fall after that, and since there are to my knowledge no extenuating circumstances that might grant her enough of an extension to try to revert her Avatar... the outcome seems given, albeit a good lawyer can stall that for some time..."

"Lisa Larson's Labyrinth that is not going to be a safe place to enter."
Allison said and frowned.
He nodded, "Yet if we don't, the East Coast is not going to be a safe place, I fear..."

"True that I guess. Off course I want to try I am just...scared..."
The young woman admitted.
"At least I am in a better place than poor Matty over there."
He nodded, "Your odds are far better... and being scared is quite alright. Courage is when you're scared, and go on anyway."

"You gave him a new name...probably a good thing I always found it cruel to strip a Umbrood of it's name and purpose."
She said and sigh then she grimaced.
"Yeah I do not think I would get the scare bears duo to do body modifications on me, then again if I want a new piercing I would go to a professional or a doctor and just use a needle, but I guess Strangler of Fetuses are simply afraid of that like my Mentor was of small spaces...I mean there where no rhyme or reason to it, she was this powerful Nephandi Prelate who just would not go in the smaller spaces of the Labyrinth, slept on her own sofa as her bedroom was to small and would freak out if ever caught anywhere small...and would not let me enter the Caul since she herself was afraid of it...sometimes I wonder what happened to her to make her like that."
Allison said sadly.
He frowned, "Devourer of Fetuses... has an exceptionally good reason for being afraid of needles, and of tampering with her brain. Gabriel's recreational lobotomy can not have been a pleasant thing to be forced to watch... And the Caul is a terrible place, I understand, with an eternity of torment. If your Mentor was already afraid of confined spaces, what wouldn't a cramped torture chamber do to that fear?"

"I have had a few clients who have been on that serum and especially one gentleman who was on it for a year, making sure not to put pressure on the score muscle itself and gently applying something cooling might help you sleep if not I have brought a herd that if steeped into a tea provide a mind anesthetic effect and is calming for over stimulated nervles like for example if someone have been in a Labyrinth fighting and are still on high alert."
Udella offered.
He frowned and let up the pressure against the injection point, just resting the ice pack around the spot, "Ah, yes, Mr. Whitebloom... will die in three years' time, it seems. A traffic accident, though I'm not convinced his deteriorating health and headaches were not the cause of the accident. I'm afraid I don't recall the details of that."
He nodded, "That herbal tea sounds good, in a little while."

Crexia nodded at that.
"If that is the case it will make the serum less valuable as a way to restrain prisoners...at least prisoners one want to last, which might be as well, a lichdom serum, that is someone's life, if it was botched that probably mean someone died before it was used, someone completely cut off from anyone, a no person with no name...and now their final work is being make a mockery of in such a way, I do not like it."
She said finally expressing her emotions around the matter.
"Off course the would be lich could have come to their senses and abandoned the project and their potion but that is not likely getting to the point of making it is not easy it means you are already pretty determined to go through with it."
He nodded, "The serum is perhaps very practical for the day said prisoners are captured - to subdue them until they can be put in a better cell - but not for longer than that."

Crexia carefully lifted the syringe and set it on fire with the blue flame in her hand burning it out of existence, this was more severe than your Primal Flames that damages the pattern of a thing, the flame in Crexia'shand literary made the syringe stop existing burning it out of reality itself. The old maga closed her hand extinguishing the flame and went back to her embroidery.
He let out a low, impressed whistle.

"That sounds unpleasant, my poor client who was forced to be on that foul stuff for a year it is no wonder the man have become rather skittish I thought it was just being kept from his magick for a year but it seams there have also been a fair degree of discomfort involved the poor man!"
Udella said and frowned.
"And your new apprentice I hope we can change that fate for her, something like that do not sound like something a child should be made to endure daily."
He nodded, "It's not something anyone should be made to endure daily. The timeline has actually already been changed, in an insignificant way; originally, she met Mr. Terach in the infirmary when he came to get his face stitched up. After the debacle with Nurse Bosh, though, she was transferred to a vacant room elsewhere before he came back, and now he came by to babysit for a little while instead. They might have a little chat if she wakes up."

He shrugged, "You might have asked more questions, but I don't think anyone would have had these answers."

Mia was there but she felt like she was wrapped in layers of thick cloth separating you from her, the sensation was a bit claustrophobic and the dignified old soul was not best pleased, no she was not best pleased at all, at least you could feel her indignation there though a bit muted.
He frowned, "It's like there are a few thick velvet curtains between me and her; she's not happy... but she's there."

"You said your Avatar was a shard cluster Mr Wainwright, and given some parts of your personality and things you have let slip I suspect there is in that cluster a large enough piece of Heylel Teomim to carry on some of their personality and memories, also since Julius de Medici's Avatar was larger and more powerful the ritualists would have focused more on it so I suspect you are the reincarnation of the Orphan street alchemist thief and prostitute Mia de Napoli."
The old Tytalus said calmly.
"How are my guesswork doing Mr Wainwright?"
"Your friend might wish to be more...discreet sometimes his secret is to easy to guess."
He cleared his throat, "Ah, spot on, ma'am... though I suppose I have been lowering my guard around you two. I was not entirely aware of any inherited personality traits, though - those might be a bit harder to conceal."
He frowned, "It's accurate, though - my earliest memory is hatching in the laboratory and picking a name. Damned place was cold, and not a blanket in sight... and I remember the last morning of being Heylel Teomin. Julius' Avatar... did what it could to protect Mia's; wrapped around it to shelter her, hide her... for one glorious moment, the two were one, and then... nothing. And then, five centuries later, I was born, and Mia woke up to save me and my passengers when a lucky missile hit me."
He smiled at Udella, "I remember you coming to the cell to see us that last evening, to tell us the bad news... and to ask what we wanted for our last meal. I don't remember what we answered, though... and I remember seeing you in the audience; that one friendly face at the end. Thank you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:51 am

Colin shook his head, "I'm afraid there's nothing more to be done, really... Her Mentor was sentenced for conspiring to abduct Orphans, feed them to Avatar-eating beasts, and harvest the Quintessence that was subsequently, er, dropped. That sentence was just. Matty allowed herself to Fall after that, and since there are to my knowledge no extenuating circumstances that might grant her enough of an extension to try to revert her Avatar... the outcome seems given, albeit a good lawyer can stall that for some time..."

"Wait her Mentor captured Orphans, as in mages and fed their Avatars to creatures that ate said Avatars and then excreted...Quintessence, first of all that such creatures exist are pretty good nightmare fodder, secondly that is horrible I agree his sentence was just, but Matty seeing what was done that was not just, and she was just a kid when the Nephandi found her can't that count for something that she was a traumatized child who was seduced to join?"
Allison said and glanced at Matty sadly.

He nodded, "Yet if we don't, the East Coast is not going to be a safe place, I fear..."

"If I knew something to help you I would tell you with my Mentor dead it is not in my best interest that Lisa Larson gets her way, though I still do not know how to feel about all of this."
The prisoner muttered.
"But I know very little about that Labyrinth really."

He nodded, "Your odds are far better... and being scared is quite alright. Courage is when you're scared, and go on anyway."

"Yeah...I guess you are right but...this whole situation sucks."
Allison muttered and she sounded rather miserable.

He frowned, "Devourer of Fetuses... has an exceptionally good reason for being afraid of needles, and of tampering with her brain. Gabriel's recreational lobotomy can not have been a pleasant thing to be forced to watch...

"Fuck he made her watch but she...is just a little kid, a very magickally potent little kid but a little kid non the less sneaking of to play video games when the Prelate looked elsewhere. I was sent to tend to some of the prisoners that had been tortured at times at that was bad enough to see...that...shit..."
Allison muttered and shook her head.
"Poor kid."

And the Caul is a terrible place, I understand, with an eternity of torment. If your Mentor was already afraid of confined spaces, what wouldn't a cramped torture chamber do to that fear?"

"I guess and I can not say I was not afraid of my eventual...initiation, those who come out of the Caul are often badly traumatized I am sure that could have caused my Mentor's claustrophobia."
She said and looked down.
"I miss her..."

He frowned and let up the pressure against the injection point, just resting the ice pack around the spot, "Ah, yes, Mr. Whitebloom... will die in three years' time, it seems. A traffic accident, though I'm not convinced his deteriorating health and headaches were not the cause of the accident. I'm afraid I don't recall the details of that."

Letting up the pressure helped a little. Udella sigh.
"I will have to convince him to come in to be tested then but that is going to be a battle Mr Whitebloom avoid all medical settings these days, I do not want him to die, the sentence of a year of imprisonment was in itself fair but these after effects and his death is not I have to try to prevent it."
The old Quesitor said with a concerned look on her face.

He nodded, "That herbal tea sounds good, in a little while."

"I will prepare some then."

He nodded, "The serum is perhaps very practical for the day said prisoners are captured - to subdue them until they can be put in a better cell - but not for longer than that."

Crexia glanced at you for a moment then she nodded she still did not like pleased over what she had learned the serum was.
"I agree it can be used as a weapon and then other means to keep the prisoners need to be employed if at all possible, the problem is that keeping a mage prisoner have never been easy."

He let out a low, impressed whistle.

"Flames of Purification Mr Wainwright...I suspect you will learn to conjure them soon enough, usually creating them is what a new Adept are required to do to prove that they have the understanding required to be considered an Adept of Prime..."
Crexia explained and smiled a little.

He nodded, "It's not something anyone should be made to endure daily. The timeline has actually already been changed, in an insignificant way; originally, she met Mr. Terach in the infirmary when he came to get his face stitched up. After the debacle with Nurse Bosh, though, she was transferred to a vacant room elsewhere before he came back, and now he came by to babysit for a little while instead. They might have a little chat if she wakes up."

"Hum...the timeline changing can be a positive in this respect perhaps it is possible to save the little girl from much unpleasantness."
Crexia said and nodded. Udella glanced at you and nodded.
"The question is if major things will change even if smaller things do it is easier to sneak small things under the nose of reality, however I also believe we are creating our own fate in the here an now."
Udella chimed in and nodded.

He frowned, "It's like there are a few thick velvet curtains between me and her; she's not happy... but she's there."

"That sounds rather unpleasant in an of itself."
Udella said and glanced over at you and looked rather concerned.

He cleared his throat, "Ah, spot on, ma'am... though I suppose I have been lowering my guard around you two. I was not entirely aware of any inherited personality traits, though - those might be a bit harder to conceal."

Crexia nodded she sigh.
"Well you should probably be somewhat more careful there are many who would be...eager for your blood if it was discovered who you are Mr Wainwright."
She said and frowned.

He frowned, "It's accurate, though - my earliest memory is hatching in the laboratory and picking a name. Damned place was cold, and not a blanket in sight... and I remember the last morning of being Heylel Teomin. Julius' Avatar... did what it could to protect Mia's; wrapped around it to shelter her, hide her... for one glorious moment, the two were one, and then... nothing. And then, five centuries later, I was born, and Mia woke up to save me and my passengers when a lucky missile hit me."

Udella said nothing but she looked at you the entire time you where talking, a old sadness in her eyes finally she muttered.
"Yes De Medici's Avatar would have protected Mia's so that is how just enough survived...I am glad they found that unity in the end...at least that is a comfort."

He smiled at Udella, "I remember you coming to the cell to see us that last evening, to tell us the bad news... and to ask what we wanted for our last meal. I don't remember what we answered, though... and I remember seeing you in the audience; that one friendly face at the end. Thank you."

The old Quesitor looked at you wide eyes for a moment and she placed her old, dry hand against your cheek and for a moment you saw who she had been, the young and pretty newly initiated Enforcer who had been given a case way above her head and yet she had fought will all she had, not that it had done much good but she had tried and she had gotten the torture reduced and the accusation of infernalism and joining the Nephandi had not stuck.
"You asked for the spiced soup I used to make I...this Julius wanted it he might have remembered it from his childhood I...am of the Medici family as well, far out but a Medici non the less and that recipie was the last thing my mother taught me before I was sent to the Order of Hermes to train...you never once begged, faltered or showed much fear but you must have been afraid even if you accepted the punishment as just. I...am so sorry I...did not know what I was doing I could not safe you I should have been handling paperwork somewhere for some more years before even given a minor case I could not save your Avatars...I..."
She muttered and tears rolled down her old cheeks.

Crexia said nothing for a while then she added in a soft voice.
"There is more to...Heylel Teomim's case than any of you know...including you Udella, only the Council knows this and a few of us who are old enough that such things are hard to hide, but...this might not be something any of you would want to know...so I am going to have to ask you if you want to tell you before I say anything else mas this will be...uncomfortable."

(OOC: I have been contacted by a potential new player he says he is having problems making an account that the forum tells him it do not exist when he do. I blame the Nephandi but Jeremy had no problem making an account so it sounds strange but I will make a test account just to see if I have problems as well. Also like always when someone new wants to join it is not a decision for me alone what do the rest of you say?)

(OOC 2: I am so worried Maude is drugged now and is being examined I hope she will be ok.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:01 pm

"Yeah one never forgets...I was in a car accident, my parents where fine but the back seat where I was sitting was completely crushed, only I was not there, I was sitting on the grass a little ways from the site of the accident knowing I had somehow moved teleported or something, and seeing everything but in a way a three year old can understand, I just sat there looking around confused for a moment, awed and overwhelmed and then I bawled for my mom..."
Kyle said and grinned a little self consciously.
"But hey I was three."

"I passed out after I overdosed on antidepressants and overworked myself drawing an amazing picture. Ended up waking up in an entirely new world created inside my head." Serge said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "My mentor had to pull me out." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Would not that be the same thing? I mean if someone read someone's mind Professor X style or read what they are thinking in a set of Tarot cards or in ink blots they are still reading their mind just as much even if they are using tools to do it."
Kyle said skeptically.

Serge looked to the ceiling for a second as he thought about Kyle's statement before smiling and looking back down at Kyle. "Damn I guess your right. Still when you ask someone what they see in the inkblots they'll only tell you what they want to tell yo so it's not that invasive....Ok I'll be honest I just want to try something new and see if it works. All the mages have such cool spells and I wanted to see if I could create one myself."

"I would like that, it would be cool."
The widderslainte boy said and grinned.
"I do wonder what sort of library they have here."
He muttered excitedly.

"A Library within a chantry full of mages from every tradition. It's probably really big." Serge said with a smile glad to see Kyle getting excited.

"Maybe you are right but...I have seen other mages work now and their magick do not feel the same as mine, they feel as far from what I do as what we all do are from my dad's static workings...I somehow feel that what I do destroy a tiny bit of the world's potential every single time and that part of me that are dark and wrong and ugly kind of likes that."
He said sadly and looks down.
"That part of me who just want to see this world burn into nothingness."

"We all have a dark side to us." Serge said softly. "A dark side, a light side, a sad side, a happy side, and a whole mess of other sides. We may be mages but we're also humans. We're a complex mess of emotions and we choose which of those sides reign supreme. Your a good kid but if you keep thinking that your abnormal than you'll slowly start to embody what you believe deep down."

"I have not seen that much of them really...some of the Traditionalists have been really nice like the guy who found me, he is a bit stuck up it seams, you know the honor student type that sort of have a stick glued up someplace private but he is also really nice, and there is this scarred man tat looks a bit like the modern versions of Frankenstein he got me these books and there is Andrew and his Mentor they are nice and the boss here well one of the bosses Jeffry Morgan he says he is making me his apprentice so I get a chance...so that is nice and I mean you have been kind to me, but some of the others have been mean or scary and I am thrown in this cell and stabbed with shots and kept from my magick so...let us just say it is not as bad as I had feared...and no they are not really like the mages in those books for it is not the societies that are similar, if anything they are more like the Renaissance version of the Technocracy, but in those books they have a way to destroy the magick of other mages and it...is according to my dad dreadfully similar to what the Traditions do to those like me they capture...and how accurate those books are on that I hope not to find out to be honest..."
The young mage muttered and swallowed hard.

"Everyone is scared." Serge said simply. "The technocracy, the nephandi, the night folks. It always seems like the traditions are on the defending side of the war. Of course no one wants to take a chance even with a kid. Just like how your father protected you, the tradition simply wish to protect themselves."

Serge took a glance at Kyle's sore arm and then said, "We don't do stuff like that to be malicious. It's simply a precaution. And soon you'll be able to use your magick freely and you'll even have a room here."

Serge smiled to calmed brighten the mood and continued. "But don't just let me feed you my interpretation of the traditions. It's important that you see for yourself what we are."

((OOC: I am ok with new players. Serge is always looking for more friends to show his art too Smile.))
((OOC: Hope your cat get's better Anja!))

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:29 pm

"Wait her Mentor captured Orphans, as in mages and fed their Avatars to creatures that ate said Avatars and then excreted...Quintessence, first of all that such creatures exist are pretty good nightmare fodder, secondly that is horrible I agree his sentence was just, but Matty seeing what was done that was not just, and she was just a kid when the Nephandi found her can't that count for something that she was a traumatized child who was seduced to join?"
Allison said and glanced at Matty sadly.
He nodded, "She should never have watched the sentencing... But the law is... flawed, to say the least. There's little compassion or mercy in it for someone who was frightened into running off to join the Fallen, I'm afraid. Tradition jurisprudence needs some revisions, i think."

"If I knew something to help you I would tell you with my Mentor dead it is not in my best interest that Lisa Larson gets her way, though I still do not know how to feel about all of this."
The prisoner muttered.
"But I know very little about that Labyrinth really."
He nodded, "Quite alright - if you think of anything, please let us know, but... we already have a few good leads on the nature of her ship, and her assorted allies, minions and victims..."

"Fuck he made her watch but she...is just a little kid, a very magickally potent little kid but a little kid non the less sneaking of to play video games when the Prelate looked elsewhere. I was sent to tend to some of the prisoners that had been tortured at times at that was bad enough to see...that...shit..."
Allison muttered and shook her head.
"Poor kid."
He nodded, "Gabriel may have doted on her, but that one thing was... not a wise parental decision, I'm afraid. And she is a brilliant kid; perhaps some day, I can help her come to terms with needles, but until then, best avoid them as far as possible. Though, her future self did suggest a therapeutic approach I might make available at a later date, once she's been given some... distance to the Labyrinth."

"I guess and I can not say I was not afraid of my eventual...initiation, those who come out of the Caul are often badly traumatized I am sure that could have caused my Mentor's claustrophobia."
She said and looked down.
"I miss her..."
He nodded, "You likely will always miss her - but so long as you remember her, she's not entirely gone."

Letting up the pressure helped a little. Udella sigh.
"I will have to convince him to come in to be tested then but that is going to be a battle Mr Whitebloom avoid all medical settings these days, I do not want him to die, the sentence of a year of imprisonment was in itself fair but these after effects and his death is not I have to try to prevent it."
The old Quesitor said with a concerned look on her face.
Colin nodded, "Theres' a Dr. Helen Mossly at the Etherite clinic on Horizon - she's both of Verbena and Etherite training, actually. She'll save Anna's life when the D'Angelos send her for medical examinations there without even notifying us, and the rather heavy-handed medical staff try to wrestle her into blood samples and so on... We get her clear of the situation, but she goes into cardiac arrest on the way out... and Dr. Mossly saves her, and that encounter will ensure she won't be sentenced to Gilgul... only a suspended Branding, which won't take effect until she is well enough to survive even that... I can recommend her without hesitation; she's got excellent bedside manners, and won't force her patients into anything. I will trust her with my family once we move to Horizon, in fact. I would suggest you refer Mr. Whitebloom to her, perhaps for an initial meeting outside of the clinic to build rapport."

Crexia glanced at you for a moment then she nodded she still did not like pleased over what she had learned the serum was.
"I agree it can be used as a weapon and then other means to keep the prisoners need to be employed if at all possible, the problem is that keeping a mage prisoner have never been easy."
He nodded, "If other means are available, then those will obviously be preferable, but distasteful as the serum is, I cannot deny its short-term practicality on the battlefield. Until someone with the political and economic means to do so decides that it's worth paying Linear artificers for mass-produced restraints, well... we have to work with what we have."

"Flames of Purification Mr Wainwright...I suspect you will learn to conjure them soon enough, usually creating them is what a new Adept are required to do to prove that they have the understanding required to be considered an Adept of Prime..."
Crexia explained and smiled a little.
He nodded, "It seems a fairly simple improvement on the simple primal shards I've been throwing about - a bit more finesse and power behind it, sort of like the difference between a Bic lighter and a propane torch. But that flame was beautiful; pure and unsullied, not even remotely like what I've been using..."

"Hum...the timeline changing can be a positive in this respect perhaps it is possible to save the little girl from much unpleasantness."
Crexia said and nodded. Udella glanced at you and nodded.
"The question is if major things will change even if smaller things do it is easier to sneak small things under the nose of reality, however I also believe we are creating our own fate in the here an now."
Udella chimed in and nodded.
He shrugged, "A small thing changed now, but consider a pebble thrown into a pond. The ripples spread far; changing one big thing in the future is probably a lot easier if you start by changing tiny elements of it in the present instead of doing it all on the day you need changed..."

"That sounds rather unpleasant in an of itself."
Udella said and glanced over at you and looked rather concerned.
He smiled thinly, "It's not so unpleasant, but... she's not happy about it. It's not entirely unlike sensing a cat who's not happy about being locked in its travel cage... I'm going to have to find a way to appease her, I think. Though the fact that I am doing this to improve the lots of others probably helps..."

Crexia nodded she sigh.
"Well you should probably be somewhat more careful there are many who would be...eager for your blood if it was discovered who you are Mr Wainwright."
She said and frowned.
He grimaced, "There are a few people I trust with a few clues, and fewer I trust with the whole thing, but yes... I will be cautious. Though if I do echo so many of Teomim's mannerisms, that might prove a little more difficult."

Udella said nothing but she looked at you the entire time you where talking, a old sadness in her eyes finally she muttered.
"Yes De Medici's Avatar would have protected Mia's so that is how just enough survived...I am glad they found that unity in the end...at least that is a comfort."
He nodded, "And I'm willing to hazard a few pieces of Julius were salvaged by Mia, as she started putting herself back together..."

The old Quesitor looked at you wide eyes for a moment and she placed her old, dry hand against your cheek and for a moment you saw who she had been, the young and pretty newly initiated Enforcer who had been given a case way above her head and yet she had fought will all she had, not that it had done much good but she had tried and she had gotten the torture reduced and the accusation of infernalism and joining the Nephandi had not stuck.
"You asked for the spiced soup I used to make I...this Julius wanted it he might have remembered it from his childhood I...am of the Medici family as well, far out but a Medici non the less and that recipie was the last thing my mother taught me before I was sent to the Order of Hermes to train...you never once begged, faltered or showed much fear but you must have been afraid even if you accepted the punishment as just. I...am so sorry I...did not know what I was doing I could not safe you I should have been handling paperwork somewhere for some more years before even given a minor case I could not save your Avatars...I..."
She muttered and tears rolled down her old cheeks.
He smiled thinly, then drew her into a careful hug, "You were never supposed to save us, dear. The only thing you absolutely had to save was Tradition Law from turning into a bloodthirsty mob rule... and that you did. If you hadn't zealously worked your fingers to the bone like you did, the trial would have ended up a sham at the hand of a lynch mob, setting a precedent that would have torn the newly-united Traditions apart within a few years. Teomim made a horribly wrong decision when he betrayed the First Cabal, but the reason for it was... understandable. Julius was, however, too shortsighted in many ways. Brilliant, but he failed to think through the consequences of his plans beforehand... or prepare for them. And that... is a mistake I will endeavour to avoid. With Mia's help, I might even succeed at that..."
He pulled back a little and grinned at Udella, "Oh, and I will want a copy of that recipe; it sounds delicious."

Crexia said nothing for a while then she added in a soft voice.
"There is more to...Heylel Teomim's case than any of you know...including you Udella, only the Council knows this and a few of us who are old enough that such things are hard to hide, but...this might not be something any of you would want to know...so I am going to have to ask you if you want to tell you before I say anything else mas this will be...uncomfortable."
He looked sharply at Crexia, then frowned, "Secrets of the case? There were other, er, shenanigans at play aside from dragging us to see what had been done to Elodie, and the assorted torture and beatings?"
He leaned back slowly, "I... can't speak for the others, but I suppose it's my inheritance, of sorts... I think I need to know, whether I want to or not..."

((OOC: Sounds good to me; we need more meat shields. Razz But srsly, I'm fine with more players. Not sure what the account problem might be, though.))

((OOC2: Fingers crossed, well wishes underway.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Serge:

"I passed out after I overdosed on antidepressants and overworked myself drawing an amazing picture. Ended up waking up in an entirely new world created inside my head." Serge said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "My mentor had to pull me out." Serge said with a chuckle.

"That sounds more fun that waking up on the side of the road having apparently teleported out of the car as it crashed."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Though I am sure it was scary, what sort of world was it?"

Serge looked to the ceiling for a second as he thought about Kyle's statement before smiling and looking back down at Kyle. "Damn I guess your right. Still when you ask someone what they see in the inkblots they'll only tell you what they want to tell yo so it's not that invasive....Ok I'll be honest I just want to try something new and see if it works. All the mages have such cool spells and I wanted to see if I could create one myself."

"Well if they have to tell you what they see then I guess that is not invasive. Yeah trying out new magick is always fun, we have a tool chest full of tools in our mind and the most fun part of being a mage is figuring out new ways to use our toys, I am sure the new spell you are creating can be great to help others learn about themselves."
The young willworker said and smiled.

"A Library within a chantry full of mages from every tradition. It's probably really big." Serge said with a smile glad to see Kyle getting excited.

"Yeah I bet it is big and full of all sort of obscure books."
Kyle said and grinned he did seam to be in a better mood and the thought of the library was cheering him up.

"We all have a dark side to us." Serge said softly. "A dark side, a light side, a sad side, a happy side, and a whole mess of other sides. We may be mages but we're also humans. We're a complex mess of emotions and we choose which of those sides reign supreme. Your a good kid but if you keep thinking that your abnormal than you'll slowly start to embody what you believe deep down."

"I am widderslainte if it had not been for my father keeping me on the right track until I developed a morality system to keep myself in line I would be a little monster. I don't blame the Traditions for...what they do to us I...have done some horrible things and there is a reason why my parents never had another id, they where afraid of what I might do to the baby if temptation struck. I want to destroy...everything around me, I want to see reality burn, blacken and stop existing and only a thin layer of sanity and decency keep me from being just like the Nephandi you fight."
Kyle said and shook his head sadly and looked away.
"I was born wrong."
He shamefully.

"Everyone is scared." Serge said simply. "The technocracy, the nephandi, the night folks. It always seems like the traditions are on the defending side of the war. Of course no one wants to take a chance even with a kid. Just like how your father protected you, the tradition simply wish to protect themselves."

"I don't hate the Traditions man, they have every reason for doing what they do I...am afraid I do not want to loose my magick I can not imagine life without it but I...don't hate them...I came so close to being just a destructive force perhaps I still am just that I have learned to behave I...well everything is rather messed up."
The young mage said and ran a hand through his hair.

Serge took a glance at Kyle's sore arm and then said, "We don't do stuff like that to be malicious. It's simply a precaution. And soon you'll be able to use your magick freely and you'll even have a room here."

"I know..."
Kyle said and grabbed his arm and winced.
"And you could have been cruel about it, held me down and just done it but it have been...done gently I guess is the best way to describe it, it could have been allot worse."
He said and forced a bit of a smile.

Serge smiled to calmed brighten the mood and continued. "But don't just let me feed you my interpretation of the traditions. It's important that you see for yourself what we are."

"I guess you are right about that."
Kyle said as Richard knocked on the door and came back in. He handed Kyle a ice bag wrapped in cloth.
"Here hold it against your arm not to hard...it might make it feel better."
The Acashic said as he also nodded to you. Kyle took the bag and held it against his sore arm.
"Thank you..."
He muttered and winced again.
"That do make it a little better."

Colin:

He nodded, "She should never have watched the sentencing... But the law is... flawed, to say the least. There's little compassion or mercy in it for someone who was frightened into running off to join the Fallen, I'm afraid. Tradition jurisprudence needs some revisions, i think."

"That is just not fair, she should be given a chance, it is not fair at all."
Allison grumbled and looked at Matty. Betty sigh and glanced at the unconscious Nephanda.
"I will stay with her, for as much of the time as they will let me, if she want the company, it will nto save her but at least someone will watch over her."
He hedge wizard offered.
"Someone should do something."

He nodded, "Quite alright - if you think of anything, please let us know, but... we already have a few good leads on the nature of her ship, and her assorted allies, minions and victims..."

"They don't really tell someone who have not been through the Caul much, one of her Prelati used to visit our Labyrinth at times and he have some connections with another Labyrinth located somewhere in Maine more than that I really don't know."

He nodded, "Gabriel may have doted on her, but that one thing was... not a wise parental decision, I'm afraid. And she is a brilliant kid; perhaps some day, I can help her come to terms with needles, but until then, best avoid them as far as possible.

"Yeah it is best to keep her away from them then, and I mean we are mages there should be no need to use sharp pointy things for any healing that needs doing on her."
Allison said and nodded in agreement.
"It is best not to scare the kid. As for Gabriel I think perhaps he tried to make her more Nephandi---ehm ish, but no that was not a good idea."

Though, her future self did suggest a therapeutic approach I might make available at a later date, once she's been given some... distance to the Labyrinth."

"A therapeutic approach? From the future? I am not completely sure I am following Mr Wainwright."
Allison said and raised and eyebrow.

He nodded, "You likely will always miss her - but so long as you remember her, she's not entirely gone."

"I guess you are right about that, I will always Miss her...and right now I do not know what to feel about the Traditions and all of it...you are still the guys that killed her."
Allison muttered bitterly.
"At the same time my Mentor could be a bit of a bitch if she wanted to and she usually wanted to."

Colin nodded, "Theres' a Dr. Helen Mossly at the Etherite clinic on Horizon - she's both of Verbena and Etherite training, actually. She'll save Anna's life when the D'Angelos send her for medical examinations there without even notifying us, and the rather heavy-handed medical staff try to wrestle her into blood samples and so on... We get her clear of the situation, but she goes into cardiac arrest on the way out... and Dr. Mossly saves her, and that encounter will ensure she won't be sentenced to Gilgul... only a suspended Branding, which won't take effect until she is well enough to survive even that... I can recommend her without hesitation; she's got excellent bedside manners, and won't force her patients into anything. I will trust her with my family once we move to Horizon, in fact. I would suggest you refer Mr. Whitebloom to her, perhaps for an initial meeting outside of the clinic to build rapport."

"The D'Angelos will be prosecutors in Anna's case then...well unless some of what we heard...changes that."
Udella said and frowned.
"They are skilled but brutal, something changed in those twins after what happened to their Mentor...you have a bit of a dilemma on your hands then if the girl is sent in for examinations she suffer a terrible trauma and is scared out of her mind, if she is not then the case might not go her way, that is not a easy choice."
The old Enforcer said then she nodded.
"As for Dr Mossly I think I might have met her I got an injury to my thumb a while ago and went to a plesant woman of Verbena and Etherite training at the Sons of Ether clinic for training yes she might be patient and calm enough to talk Mr Whiteblood into letting her examine him I will contact both of them and see if I can set up a meeting, thank you young man."

He nodded, "If other means are available, then those will obviously be preferable, but distasteful as the serum is, I cannot deny its short-term practicality on the battlefield. Until someone with the political and economic means to do so decides that it's worth paying Linear artificers for mass-produced restraints, well... we have to work with what we have."

"Agreed and that means sometimes prisoners have to be kept with that serum as well, as distasteful as it might be Mr Wainwright, but yes perhaps it's use should be reduced."
The Tytalus said she still looked rather displeased though she looked a little like how Mia's mood felt.

He nodded, "It seems a fairly simple improvement on the simple primal shards I've been throwing about - a bit more finesse and power behind it, sort of like the difference between a Bic lighter and a propane torch. But that flame was beautiful; pure and unsullied, not even remotely like what I've been using..."

"Well it is not Quintessence burning, well no more than what is in every pattern and spell it is a flame created from my own mind with the purpose of eradicating a pattern, not changing it, and yes at times it can be most useful."
Crexia said as she continued with her embroidery.

He shrugged, "A small thing changed now, but consider a pebble thrown into a pond. The ripples spread far; changing one big thing in the future is probably a lot easier if you start by changing tiny elements of it in the present instead of doing it all on the day you need changed..."

"That might be so..."
Udella said a bit hesitantly.

He smiled thinly, "It's not so unpleasant, but... she's not happy about it. It's not entirely unlike sensing a cat who's not happy about being locked in its travel cage... I'm going to have to find a way to appease her, I think. Though the fact that I am doing this to improve the lots of others probably helps..."

"Quintessence usually helps appease an Avatar, yours though seam to have allot of base emotions and might need work, for good and for ill, she seams very...human in a way as you describe her."
Crexia said sounding amused.
"I sometimes wish I could hear my Avatar's voice but the flow of Quintessence is the only song it sings to me."

He grimaced, "There are a few people I trust with a few clues, and fewer I trust with the whole thing, but yes... I will be cautious. Though if I do echo so many of Teomim's mannerisms, that might prove a little more difficult."

"There are mannerisms yes and...other things but most think it is impossible for Teomim to come back so you have that working for you but you have to be careful his sentence was Gilgul, I am not even sure how the law will deal with you if what you are become common knowledge, I suspect they might try to extract the shard that came from Teomim from your soul, whatever or not that would shatter it, and we don't want that now do we."
Crexia said and Mia's indignation level rose, such an attempt would be most rude, most rude indeed.

He nodded, "And I'm willing to hazard a few pieces of Julius were salvaged by Mia, as she started putting herself back together..."

"There is allot of pieces of all the...seventy four Gilgul victims, plus captured Nephandi that have gone to their fate in the Main Sentencing hall I suspect, you see 45 years ago or so...the hall needed spiritual clearing out allot more often and more shards have been found in the Umbra...I am starting to see why."
Udella said and frowned a little.

He smiled thinly, then drew her into a careful hug, "You were never supposed to save us, dear. The only thing you absolutely had to save was Tradition Law from turning into a bloodthirsty mob rule... and that you did. If you hadn't zealously worked your fingers to the bone like you did, the trial would have ended up a sham at the hand of a lynch mob, setting a precedent that would have torn the newly-united Traditions apart within a few years.

"But I wanted to save you...I did not want someone to be Gilgulled and now...over the years I have done the rite myself, three times now...I...am sorry..."
Udella said softly.
"I was only able to stop them from naming you Nephandus...I could do nothing else, but I tried, I tried everything I could think of."
She muttered as she returned the hug gently, she felt old and frail but you remembered her as just a slip of a girl.

Teomim made a horribly wrong decision when he betrayed the First Cabal, but the reason for it was... understandable. Julius was, however, too shortsighted in many ways. Brilliant, but he failed to think through the consequences of his plans beforehand... or prepare for them. And that... is a mistake I will endeavour to avoid. With Mia's help, I might even succeed at that..."
He pulled back a little and grinned at Udella, "Oh, and I will want a copy of that recipe; it sounds delicious."

"My superiors assumed I would hate Teomim for what they had done, I should never have been their defense I was to close to the case I...was of their sleeper family, but I did my best I did everything I could...yes Teomim deserved to be punished but they should have been executed not Gilgulled."
The Quesitor muttered then she smiled slightly.
"I am afraid modern tastes might find it boring but I will certainly send you the recipe I make that soup at times myself when I feel like remembering the past."

He looked sharply at Crexia, then frowned, "Secrets of the case? There were other, er, shenanigans at play aside from dragging us to see what had been done to Elodie, and the assorted torture and beatings?"

"What I have to say is not about the trial or what...took place before and during but...things surrounding the betrayal, and it might not be something you want to hear."

He leaned back slowly, "I... can't speak for the others, but I suppose it's my inheritance, of sorts... I think I need to know, whether I want to or not..."

"Very well..."
Crexia said and looked at Udella and Adley. Udella just nodded.
"I want to know Crexia..."
She said but she frowned deeply.
"And what about you Mr Roth Hicks?"
Crexia asked and glanced at Adley.

(OOC: Maude is home the vet think she have a inflammation or an infection so trying antibiotics first and then steroids if that do not work. Maude is pissed, very pissed, three vets tried to hold her still so she would not tear of the bandage over the puncture wound from her IV, they gave up and that bandage was gone fuck that thing, says Maude, then there was some drops of blood on her fur and she did not like that, not at all so now she have washed, vomited and is busy sleeping of the drugs.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:46 pm

"That is just not fair, she should be given a chance, it is not fair at all."
Allison grumbled and looked at Matty. Betty sigh and glanced at the unconscious Nephanda.
"I will stay with her, for as much of the time as they will let me, if she want the company, it will nto save her but at least someone will watch over her."
He hedge wizard offered.
"Someone should do something."
Colin nodded, "The wheels are ever turning, slowly but surely. We're sort of like a swan on a lake... looks serene and graceful, but underneath the surface, there's a lot of frantic paddling."

"They don't really tell someone who have not been through the Caul much, one of her Prelati used to visit our Labyrinth at times and he have some connections with another Labyrinth located somewhere in Maine more than that I really don't know."
He frowned, "Do you know which prelate that is?"

"A therapeutic approach? From the future? I am not completely sure I am following Mr Wainwright."
Allison said and raised and eyebrow.
He nodded, "She suggested an embroidery kit for children - you might have seen the type; big plastic needles in friendly colours? I will be getting her one, but she won't see it until she feels ready to challenge her fears. Needles are needles, but some are less scary than others..."

"The D'Angelos will be prosecutors in Anna's case then...well unless some of what we heard...changes that."
Udella said and frowned.
"They are skilled but brutal, something changed in those twins after what happened to their Mentor...you have a bit of a dilemma on your hands then if the girl is sent in for examinations she suffer a terrible trauma and is scared out of her mind, if she is not then the case might not go her way, that is not a easy choice."
The old Enforcer said then she nodded.
"As for Dr Mossly I think I might have met her I got an injury to my thumb a while ago and went to a plesant woman of Verbena and Etherite training at the Sons of Ether clinic for training yes she might be patient and calm enough to talk Mr Whiteblood into letting her examine him I will contact both of them and see if I can set up a meeting, thank you young man."
He nodded, "I'm afraid we will have to let them pull their little stunt - traumatic as it will be, it will be incontrovertible proof that her heart cannot take the stress of anything done to her Avatar, let alone invasive medical examinations. We do have the advantage that we know they're likely to try to do this unlawfully, which is another nail in the coffin we can prepare for them in advance... It's a little cruel to Anna, but at the same time, I don't think such an incident can be avoided at all, if the Council is to accept that her health is too frail for, well... let's just say I don't think a greatly extended legal battle will be a greater stress factor, a higher risk..."

"Agreed and that means sometimes prisoners have to be kept with that serum as well, as distasteful as it might be Mr Wainwright, but yes perhaps it's use should be reduced."
The Tytalus said she still looked rather displeased though she looked a little like how Mia's mood felt.
He frowned, "There are many things the Traditions are a little too fond of doing too much, for too long..."

"Well it is not Quintessence burning, well no more than what is in every pattern and spell it is a flame created from my own mind with the purpose of eradicating a pattern, not changing it, and yes at times it can be most useful."
Crexia said as she continued with her embroidery.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, some day... I do wonder what such a flame would look like in my hands, though..."

"That might be so..."
Udella said a bit hesitantly.
He shrugged, "It's still necessary to keep working, of course, rather than to trust in a hypothetical ripple effect..."

"Quintessence usually helps appease an Avatar, yours though seam to have allot of base emotions and might need work, for good and for ill, she seams very...human in a way as you describe her."
Crexia said sounding amused.
"I sometimes wish I could hear my Avatar's voice but the flow of Quintessence is the only song it sings to me."
He smiled, "She's... complex. She's rebuilt herself from oh so many pieces, each with different fragmentary memories and inclinations. It would make sense she has an apparently broader emotional range than most Avatars. And until recently, she hasn't said much; not directly, and not in words, but... her voice is pleasant."

"There are mannerisms yes and...other things but most think it is impossible for Teomim to come back so you have that working for you but you have to be careful his sentence was Gilgul, I am not even sure how the law will deal with you if what you are become common knowledge, I suspect they might try to extract the shard that came from Teomim from your soul, whatever or not that would shatter it, and we don't want that now do we."
Crexia said and Mia's indignation level rose, such an attempt would be most rude, most rude indeed.
He frowned and placed a hand against his chest, "No, we would most certainly not want that - she does not approve of the notion, and rightly so."

"There is allot of pieces of all the...seventy four Gilgul victims, plus captured Nephandi that have gone to their fate in the Main Sentencing hall I suspect, you see 45 years ago or so...the hall needed spiritual clearing out allot more often and more shards have been found in the Umbra...I am starting to see why."
Udella said and frowned a little.
He nodded, "She has not been... picky. There's a fair amount of inverted fragments, and that is a very good reason for me to be greatly invested in research and experiments in Avatar restoration... I know for certain it's possible for a whole Avatar to revert - Anna's will be well on its way within five years, though her progress is slower and less radical than that of those using miss Florentine's method, like Kyle."

"But I wanted to save you...I did not want someone to be Gilgulled and now...over the years I have done the rite myself, three times now...I...am sorry..."
Udella said softly.
"I was only able to stop them from naming you Nephandus...I could do nothing else, but I tried, I tried everything I could think of."
She muttered as she returned the hug gently, she felt old and frail but you remembered her as just a slip of a girl.
He nodded, "And that you tried everything like that was what saved the Law - we got the best representation we could have wished for. In fact, a lot better than we wished for... we knew what was coming and... accepted it. If anyone should apologize, it's me... And thank you, again."

"My superiors assumed I would hate Teomim for what they had done, I should never have been their defense I was to close to the case I...was of their sleeper family, but I did my best I did everything I could...yes Teomim deserved to be punished but they should have been executed not Gilgulled."
The Quesitor muttered then she smiled slightly.
"I am afraid modern tastes might find it boring but I will certainly send you the recipe I make that soup at times myself when I feel like remembering the past."
He shook his head, "No, it might sound a bit odd from me, but from all I know, all I remember... well, what Mia remembers, I think Gilgul was an appropriate sentence. The Nephandus and infernalist charges, though, were inappropriate, but that sort of betrayal... The bloody ritual may be overused, but in that case, it was appropriate, not just as a punitive measure, but to set an example, and a warning. Using it for lesser infractions, though... that's one place where things went very, very wrong..."
He smiled, "Oh, I tinker a lot in old dishes, myself - I find that most English recipes from before the 17th century or so pack a lot more flavour than later ones. I believe it was a consequence of spices becoming more generally affordable, paradoxically enough..."

"What I have to say is not about the trial or what...took place before and during but...things surrounding the betrayal, and it might not be something you want to hear."
He frowned, but nodded.

"Very well..."
Crexia said and looked at Udella and Adley. Udella just nodded.
"I want to know Crexia..."
She said but she frowned deeply.
"And what about you Mr Roth Hicks?"
Crexia asked and glanced at Adley.
He glanced over at Adley, "What do you say, Adley?"

((OOC: Well, such a degree of aggravation certainly seems like a sign of health.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Colin nodded, "The wheels are ever turning, slowly but surely. We're sort of like a swan on a lake... looks serene and graceful, but underneath the surface, there's a lot of frantic paddling."

"Yeah but that is not really helping Matty much now is it."
Allison muttered angrily.

He frowned, "Do you know which prelate that is?"

"He had the same name as a character in a card game, a name that would fit Stranger of Fetuses better really so I noticed him, he is Larson's second in command, all I know is that he is old and powerful I do not know his last name he did not give it, he gave a name in the Dragon's Tongue but that means nothing to me he said he was named Jace once which is probably short for something."

He nodded, "She suggested an embroidery kit for children - you might have seen the type; big plastic needles in friendly colours? I will be getting her one, but she won't see it until she feels ready to challenge her fears. Needles are needles, but some are less scary than others..."

"That...is actually brilliant, I have seen those at Michael's, that might actually work, when she is ready to face her fears, and she might learn that needles can be used to do other things than hurt people also with those plastic things there is no way she can accidentally poke herself."
Allison said and nodded.

He nodded, "I'm afraid we will have to let them pull their little stunt - traumatic as it will be, it will be incontrovertible proof that her heart cannot take the stress of anything done to her Avatar, let alone invasive medical examinations. We do have the advantage that we know they're likely to try to do this unlawfully, which is another nail in the coffin we can prepare for them in advance... It's a little cruel to Anna, but at the same time, I don't think such an incident can be avoided at all, if the Council is to accept that her health is too frail for, well... let's just say I don't think a greatly extended legal battle will be a greater stress factor, a higher risk..."

"I guess you are right and the child will be terrified when the trial begin I have seen prisoners on trial for...more than their life and dragging that out might be a grater trauma, even so I feel sorry for the child, I hate that she will be treated like that."
Udella muttered.
"But yes it might be one more nail in the coffin that we will need to build a case against the D'Angelos. Letting it happen and comforting the girl afterwards might be the only way to go then at least her Avatar is safe and that is worth any discomfort."

He frowned, "There are many things the Traditions are a little too fond of doing too much, for too long..."

"That they are unfortunately."
Crexia said and frowned.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, some day... I do wonder what such a flame would look like in my hands, though..."

"That would depend on your will Mr Wainwright."
The old lich said and smiled.

He shrugged, "It's still necessary to keep working, of course, rather than to trust in a hypothetical ripple effect..."

"Agreed we need to take fate into our own hands."
Udella said and nodded.

He smiled, "She's... complex. She's rebuilt herself from oh so many pieces, each with different fragmentary memories and inclinations. It would make sense she has an apparently broader emotional range than most Avatars. And until recently, she hasn't said much; not directly, and not in words, but... her voice is pleasant."

"The shard collectives I have heard about, only from rumors from the Union have been all but helpless they grant their host some small magickal ability but little guidance your soul seam to be different than that Mr Wainwright, more complete though there might of course be some issues with what she is."
Crexia said and looked at you.

He frowned and placed a hand against his chest, "No, we would most certainly not want that - she does not approve of the notion, and rightly so."

"Yes let us try to avoid something like that happening it would be a tragic loss to the Traditions to loose such a talented and inventive Orphan."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded, "She has not been... picky. There's a fair amount of inverted fragments, and that is a very good reason for me to be greatly invested in research and experiments in Avatar restoration... I know for certain it's possible for a whole Avatar to revert - Anna's will be well on its way within five years, though her progress is slower and less radical than that of those using miss Florentine's method, like Kyle."

"I see...well if such restoration is possible that is a very good thing for our side in the war, but you are talking about Miss Florentine will she be in any condition to advice on how she cleaned herself if her claims are true?"
"This all seam a little to good to be believed if you excuse me saying so."

He nodded, "And that you tried everything like that was what saved the Law - we got the best representation we could have wished for. In fact, a lot better than we wished for... we knew what was coming and... accepted it. If anyone should apologize, it's me... And thank you, again."

"I just wish...things had been different."
Udella said softly.
"But I am glad...you do not blame me for not being able to save you."

He shook his head, "No, it might sound a bit odd from me, but from all I know, all I remember... well, what Mia remembers, I think Gilgul was an appropriate sentence. The Nephandus and infernalist charges, though, were inappropriate, but that sort of betrayal... The bloody ritual may be overused, but in that case, it was appropriate, not just as a punitive measure, but to set an example, and a warning. Using it for lesser infractions, though... that's one place where things went very, very wrong..."

"Well the rite is not used for minor infractions...Branding are...but Gilgul is reserved really for only three things among the Traditions, the unlawful destruction of an Avatar, high treason and dealing with the Nephandi. It is just with Fallen it is a given sentence. The Order of Hermes is the one that have used the ritual the most but since the time of Teomim we have only sentenced fifteen magi to the punishment which is twice as often as any other Tradition it is not common...but for Fallen and especially those widderslaintes who have not lost themselves to their inner darkness it can seam...extreme and unfair..."
Udella said and shook her head.
"As for Heylel they...it is so hard for I got to know them I...to talk to someone a living, breathing human being with hopes and fear and then see them go through that it...is horrible."
She said and looked away.
"Just horrible."

He smiled, "Oh, I tinker a lot in old dishes, myself - I find that most English recipes from before the 17th century or so pack a lot more flavour than later ones. I believe it was a consequence of spices becoming more generally affordable, paradoxically enough..."

"My mother could afford spices she was married into the the De Medici family after all, but a good cook back then knew how to get the best out of the raw materials and how to season food with what grew of the land."
Udella said and smiled fondly.
"We had servants off course, but I remember that when my siblings and I where sick or sad my mother would go into the kitchen and make soup for us herself...no matter how outraged my father was that a noble woman would sully her hands with such tasks."

(OOC: She seams better but she is not happy and have washed herself four times already after all strances had the audacity to touch her royal fur. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:49 pm

I look at Hildegaard with a confused look in the face, and go to open up.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:53 pm

"Sodalis the way I understand it Master Morgan's new apprentice is quite young I am sure that if it is a surise to you that the serum is painful he did his best to hide it for you not to be regretful over it, do not waste his efforts, let us figure out how dangerous this serum is and then the Council will decide if it will be allowed for further use."

"He did say it hurt, but...well, yes he is a brave teenager."

He shrugged, "You might have asked more questions, but I don't think anyone would have had these answers."

"That's true. Part of me wants to say 'what did we expect from something brewed up from the Technocracy' but I suppose that would be my pater talking.

Crexia said and nodded. Udella glanced at you and nodded. "The question is if major things will change even if smaller things do it is easier to sneak small things under the nose of reality, however I also believe we are creating our own fate in the here an now."

"Is that a good thing or not? That it's been changed? Or are some changes relatively insignificant? It's confusing to me, but later you seems to have it figured out," he said with a shake of his head. "Well, he i a friendlier person to talk to than Nurse Bosh it would seem."

"Well, perhaps some of the Verditius will be able to cultivate some new ideas," he mused.

He gave a faint smile. "I'm curious how you'll work a similar spell to that one, seeing as how you very effectively used a lower level spell to deal with corrupted tass."

"Part of me wishes to know what you saw, exactly, the rest of me feels oddly about this future knowledge...still it is good to hear that there is progress along that front."

"Your friend might wish to be more...discreet sometimes his secret is to easy to guess." Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
He cleared his throat, "Ah, spot on, ma'am... though I suppose I have been lowering my guard around you two. I was not entirely aware of any inherited personality traits, though - those might be a bit harder to conceal." He frowned, "It's accurate, though - my earliest memory is hatching in the laboratory and picking a name. Damned place was cold, and not a blanket in sight... and I remember the last morning of being Heylel Teomin. Julius' Avatar... did what it could to protect Mia's; wrapped around it to shelter her, hide her... for one glorious moment, the two were one, and then... nothing. And then, five centuries later, I was born, and Mia woke up to save me and my passengers when a lucky missile hit me." He smiled at Udella, "I remember you coming to the cell to see us that last evening, to tell us the bad news... and to ask what we wanted for our last meal. I don't remember what we answered, though... and I remember seeing you in the audience; that one friendly face at the end. Thank you."

He listened to the exchange between them, remaining quiet for most of it. "Could it not be argued that since gilgul was the ordered punishment and that it was the given punishment, that is the end of the reach of the law? That the avatar somehow survived it says more about our lack of understanding about them than the fact that the punishment was not enacted. In fact, when the spell was originally concocted, as I was told, we did not have the understanding of avatars as we do now - that, and they were different in nature."

"There is allot of pieces of all the...seventy four Gilgul victims, plus captured Nephandi that have gone to their fate in the Main Sentencing hall I suspect, you see 45 years ago or so...the hall needed spiritual clearing out allot more often and more shards have been found in the Umbra...I am starting to see why." Udella said and frowned a little.

Adley frowned. "In my most recent Seeking, I was attempting to rescue people through the Umbra. There was a most terrible storm, unlike anything ever seen. A storm of the spirit, splinters of broken avatars trying to shove their way back into the material, attacking us...I cannot imagine how many avatars were there, screaming their losses...of course I know a Seeking can be metaphorical in nature, that is not lost on me...but..."

Crexia said nothing for a while then she added in a soft voice. "There is more to...Heylel Teomim's case than any of you know...including you Udella, only the Council knows this and a few of us who are old enough that such things are hard to hide, but...this might not be something any of you would want to know...so I am going to have to ask you if you want to tell you before I say anything else mas this will be...uncomfortable."
He glanced over at Adley, "What do you say, Adley?"

"I think we probably need to hear it, ma'am," he agreed.

// I hope kitty recovers soon <3

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Adley:

"He did say it hurt, but...well, yes he is a brave teenager."

"He is a good fit for your House then Sodalis he will need that courage both for his training as a Flambeau and for the trial ahead of him...I only hope he do not just have to be brave but also gets to be a child."
Crexia said softly.
"And that he will not be kept on that serum for long."

"Is that a good thing or not? That it's been changed? Or are some changes relatively insignificant? It's confusing to me, but later you seems to have it figured out," he said with a shake of his head. "Well, he i a friendlier person to talk to than Nurse Bosh it would seem."

"Nurse Bosh can be...difficult."
Crexia admitted.
"Changing the timeline is always dangerous I agree with Udella though that at this moment in time we create our own destiny, so we can try to change things to our advantage."

"Well, perhaps some of the Verditius will be able to cultivate some new ideas," he mused.

"It might be time to call a meeting with House Verditius' Primus and see if something can be worked out to have their second and third degrees manufacture magickal restraints for us of a more humane nature."
The old archmage said and nodded.

He listened to the exchange between them, remaining quiet for most of it. "Could it not be argued that since gilgul was the ordered punishment and that it was the given punishment, that is the end of the reach of the law? That the avatar somehow survived it says more about our lack of understanding about them than the fact that the punishment was not enacted. In fact, when the spell was originally concocted, as I was told, we did not have the understanding of avatars as we do now - that, and they were different in nature."

Udella nodded.
"If I where defending Mr Wainwright that is the argument that I would use. I would also lay forward precedent that in the earliest uses of Gilgul, the Avatar was not destroyed is was merely cut out of the host and sent on it's way, we know some of the victims of this punishment have been reincarnated and they have not been re prosecuted, but the Teomim case is a...as they say now a days a hot topic while there is a good change legal actions against your Cabalmate can be avoided the danger is there...and off course there is always the danger of vigilantism..."
The old Enforcer said and Crexia nodded.

Adley frowned. "In my most recent Seeking, I was attempting to rescue people through the Umbra. There was a most terrible storm, unlike anything ever seen. A storm of the spirit, splinters of broken avatars trying to shove their way back into the material, attacking us...I cannot imagine how many avatars were there, screaming their losses...of course I know a Seeking can be metaphorical in nature, that is not lost on me...but..."

Crexia looked at you for a moment then she sigh.
"The Void Engineers have sent us, though back channels warnings that something like what you describe can happen...if we continue to destroy Avatars...Massassa keep destroying them...and if there is enough of an upheaval in the Umbra...there might be a storm, at least according to their calculations. This information have not been spread we do not want to create a panic but in the worst case scenario if such a upheaval where to occur...the entire Umbra might become inhospitable to us...cutting us off from Horizon and other Umbral realms, it would be a catastrophe."

"I think we probably need to hear it, ma'am," he agreed.

Crexia drew a deep, useless breath of air then she let it back out slowly.
"Very well...most well educated mages know the story of the great betrayal. Heylel Teomim made a deal with the Order of Reason and then led their Cabal into an ambush. Now according to Teomim himself the deal was for the Order of Reason to capture the Cabal but not kill it's members and he would rush back and tell the Council, a mighty heroic rescue would be arranged and all of the Traditions would see what they where capable of doing when they worked together, and if anything went wrong, and it did Heylel themselves would become the hated enemy that the fledgling Traditions could unite against. The plot was hatched out in desperation as Teomim saw the new Traditions starting to fall apart and so they made a similar choice as House Tremere had done when we declared war on House Diedne centuries before...this is the known and accepted story...what few know is that there was an second man accused in the Betrayal, Akrites Salonikas part of this is hinted at in the Fragile Path but few know the truth. Salonikas escaped the Order of Reson attack alongside Teomim and many said the Master Seer must have known what was coming and so accused him of working with Teomim, not enough proof was found to accuse him though and after Teomim's execution Salonikas left the Traditions into self imposed exile, later it is believed that he left the physical world to become a Postulat but before he left he wrote down his revelations and this document was sent to Master Porthos...in it Salonikas speaks of having had two visions of the betrayal, one of them where early on in the Cabal's history they had been sent to Norway to recruit the powerful rune magus Tormund, when Salonikas have a powerful vision of the betrayal, however around that time, perhaps caused by the violent confusion of his vision Salonikas kills Tormund by accident and the fairly young mage at the time was so overcome by shame he did not dare trust his vision and never spoke of it. Teomim had become a substitute father figure for the Seer one of the youngest of the First Cabal and had hauled his behind out of more scrapes than you could count and he just could not believe what he saw..."
Crexia paused for a moment then she continued.

"The second vision came not long before the attack, a vision sent by a god known as Moloch. This god could tell that they was the future of Heylel Teomim, that they would become the most powerful mage in history, surpassing both the Oracles themselves and the Wyck, a living god that united the Traditions and the Order of Reason and shaped the Consensus and hardened it into Teomim's idea of a perfect world, they shaped the world in their image and run a magickcoracy under their iron hand, what's more the Consensus became hardened, it would never change, never evolve never be more than it was, a perfect, Static Asencion where nothing would ever grow. Off course it begun altruistically enough Teomim just wanted to create a better world but they ended up destroying it in what Salonikas calls Praedictum Apocalypsis. Moloch in a moment of sanity had gone back in time like they had many times before to themselves in earlier times and places to give guidance but this time the vision was a plea for help to Salonikas, the Seer had begun thinking of the old vision he had in Norway and had started considering doing something about it, but if it could be verified Heylel might be jailed but they would not be executed for a crime not yet committed and even from jail Heylel Teomim would continue to expand their influence until they one day became the living god Moloch and the Praedictum Apocalypsis would still take place. So the Seer let the Great Betrayal happen so that the Traditions would be forced to Gilgul Teomim before they could force the world into a static hell it would never return from. Salonikas also left behind a prophecy that one day a new rebis would be formed, Teomim's heirs, they would be formed when the world needed them most but while they would originally be heroes and save the world...one day first in benevolence and then in arrogance they would become Moloch and that dreadful prophecy would become reality..."
Crexia said and looked at Colin.
"You can see then young man how your future self...contacting you are worrying me...Teomim's future self did the same...only that person contacting them where the living god Moloch."

(OOC: She seam to be feeling better and thank you. By the way what do you think about the new player who have asked to join, if everyone agree the character would be started a bit on her own and then included in the main story as the player proved his or herself to be reliable. just like we are including Jeremy's character with the others now as soon as they return from Chicago.)

Tane and Serge:

The door to Tane's door open and the man himself stand before you Serge.

(OOC: What if you two describe one another character for one another? )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:31 pm

"That sounds more fun that waking up on the side of the road having apparently teleported out of the car as it crashed."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Though I am sure it was scary, what sort of world was it?"

"It was a forest..." Serge said as he remembered the world that he awoke in. "It kinda looked like a forest from a fantasy television show although I'm not sure which one. It looked familiar though. Sometimes I go back there when I sleep. I try and see if I can change anything. See if I can shape the world inside my head....sort of like advanced dreaming."

"Well if they have to tell you what they see then I guess that is not invasive. Yeah trying out new magick is always fun, we have a tool chest full of tools in our mind and the most fun part of being a mage is figuring out new ways to use our toys, I am sure the new spell you are creating can be great to help others learn about themselves."
The young willworker said and smiled.

"Yeah I hope so." Serge said with a smile. "It's kinda hard to test something like this though. I would need another person and no one is really willing to try out experimental magicks. Anyways my weird magickal ideas aside, did you have any cool tricks that you wanted to try out?"

"Yeah I bet it is big and full of all sort of obscure books."
Kyle said and grinned he did seam to be in a better mood and the thought of the library was cheering him up.

"Probably a lot of books with confusing formulas and strange language. Kinda like physics." Serge said with a smile. "All right then if I'm free tomorrow then that's what we'll do. We'll go to the library and search for obscure and strange books."

"I am widderslainte if it had not been for my father keeping me on the right track until I developed a morality system to keep myself in line I would be a little monster. I don't blame the Traditions for...what they do to us I...have done some horrible things and there is a reason why my parents never had another child, they where afraid of what I might do to the baby if temptation struck. I want to destroy...everything around me, I want to see reality burn, blacken and stop existing and only a thin layer of sanity and decency keep me from being just like the Nephandi you fight."
Kyle said and shook his head sadly and looked away.
"I was born wrong."
He shamefully.

"See their's that negative attitude again." Serge said. "Your parents worked hard to raise you to be a kind young man and I can tell they succeeded. Don't throw all their struggles in vain just because you think your birth was wrong. You can control those destructive urges, even eliminate them completely. And you won't be alone in your struggles. You'll have Master Morgan, me and this entire chantry. We'll be by your side and we'll help along the way." Serge said trying to reassure Kyle.

"I guess you are right about that."
Kyle said as Richard knocked on the door and came back in. He handed Kyle a ice bag wrapped in cloth.
"Here hold it against your arm not to hard...it might make it feel better."
The Acashic said as he also nodded to you. Kyle took the bag and held it against his sore arm.
"Thank you..."
He muttered and winced again.
"That do make it a little better."

Serge looked at Richard and nodded. Thinking a little bit Serge said "Hey is there anyway me and Kyle could take a small tour of the chantry? I'm still really new here and Kyle is going to be Master Morgan's apprentice and have his own room here anyways. Might as well knock out two birds with one stone and show both us what this chantry is like. I kinda wanna see what the library looks like."

Tane and Serge:

The door to Tane's door open and the man himself stand before you Serge.

Standing at the door was a average height man with light-brown hair and a young-looking face. Tucked underneath one arm was something that looked like a large notbook. He wore an unbuttoned checkered shirt and underneath he wore a blue t-shirt. His jeans were worn out as if they had been worn constantly.

"Hi! My name is Serge Yager." Serge said with a polite nod. "Master Morgan asked me to check up on Cadence."

((OOC: I'm ok with that. Me and the new character can even work together to try and prove our worth. We can be like the b-team Smile)))

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next