Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 10 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 am

Adley:

He knocked on the door before he entered and nodded to Crexia. "Yes, ma'am," he said, walking over to the east-facing window and looking out at the day. "Unless it would bother you, your working or you need my assistance to complete any preparations, I would appreciate being able to do my morning exercise if there is time before everyone else arrives."

The day outside was cold and rain was in the air, the sky was gray and while it was day the lights from the city could be clearly seen. Crexia put the basket down and took a piece of black cloth, needle and thread from her purse and nodded.
"I require nothing but a place to sit Sodalis if you would like to be alone for your exercises I can go outside if you like, I do not need to be in this room for the preparations."

Serge:

"Yep that sounds like me." Serge said tucking his sketchbook underneath one arm and placing his pencil behind his ear. He reached out with his now empty hand and shook the Asian man's hand.

Richard reached out and gave you a firm handshake.
"Nice to meet you, welcome to Steelhaven."

"My name's Serge Yager. I'm a Cultist of the Ecstatic variety. It's nice to meet more people in the chantry." Serge said with a smile. "Master Morgan told me to keep see Kyle. Said he needed some people more around his age to accompany him during this stressful time."

"I agree with Master Morgan, the kid is handling it well but he is scared, very scared and seeing someone he might see as a friend and not a captor might do him well."
The Akashic said and smiled then he glanced over at one of the guards, a tall, black man who stood leaned against one of the walls.
"Is it ok if I open the door and go in Ty?"
He asked and the one named Ty nodded.
"Yeah sure Doc, but be nice to him eh, Master Morgan likes this one and especially after...Ulv tried to kill him...well he wants the boy protected."
He said as if whatever this Ulv had done had personally hurt him. Richard nodded.
"I will be most careful with the boy."
He agreed as he unlocked the door and went inside.

The room beyond was small, there was a bed there and a chair and little else. On the bed sat a teenager reading, he was grunt and lankly the way some teenagers where when some parts of him had grown a little bit more than others, his hair was fire red and he had bright, intelligent eyes. The boy looked up at you and Richard, looking a bit nervous. The Akashic took a step forwards and extended his hand to the boy.
"Good morning Kyle I am Richard Lee bani Akashic Brotherhood and this is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy."
He said. Kyle put the book down in a pile of other books and shook the man's hand.
"Ehm I am not completely into the whole bani this or that thing yet Mr Lee ehm...Akashic Brotherhood and Cult of Ecstasy...the martial artists and the ones working with altered stated of mind...my dad told me about those two groups..."
He said sounding a bit uncertain.

Colin:

He grinned, perhaps a little sheepishly, "While I'm not a father at this time, I remember some good bits from fatherhood - past and future... Apprentices are good, too, of course, but children... now those are truly special treasures..."

Udella nodded she took a small book from her belt pouch, it turned out not to be a book but two tin wood blocks bound together so they could be opened like one, she did so and showed you, each side held a painting of a man, tall and handsome and similar in many ways to Undella herself wearing early 1800's clothes.
"This was my son I named him after one of the greatest of my family but as a Hermetic he took the name Talius."
He said and glanced at the worn paintings lovingly.
"He gave me such joy."

He grinned, "Like I said... an excellent Mentor."

"You are far to kind Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled.

He nodded, then frowned, "Well, I hope miss Jarden is still, er, sleeping, then..."

"Well the sun is up young man which by what I understand of the Massassa curse should compell her her to sleep, however Mrs Knox tells me some of the more human ones that have not lost themselves as much might still be able to wake up during the day if disturbed, and Miss Jarden is a most kind woman."
The old Quesitor said and raised and eyebrow.

He finished up his meal in fairly short order and, if there were no more more or less crashed Mages needing shuttling to bed, refilled his cup of tea and took it with him downstairs to find Allison...

It seamed Adley and the others had managed to get the crashed magi to bed. You get down to the basement and then take the same route down to the sub basement as you had when talking with Miss Jarden about getting a sample of her blood, there where more activity here now, with some guards outside some of the doors. It would have been hard to tell which door lead to the room Allison was kept in only you heard her throwing up and gasping, that serum really did make one feel sick, at least you knew which room she was in.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I had a splitting headache last night it felt like a rhyhorn was dancing ballet in my brain. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 10 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Adley Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:48 am

The day outside was cold and rain was in the air, the sky was gray and while it was day the lights from the city could be clearly seen. Crexia put the basket down and took a piece of black cloth, needle and thread from her purse and nodded. "I require nothing but a place to sit Sodalis if you would like to be alone for your exercises I can go outside if you like, I do not need to be in this room for the preparations."

"I don't need to be alone, though I will need a little room and I'm a bit loud, as you might have noticed. So if you don't mind hearing the lesser banishing again, I don't mind. I just need something to help settle everything a little, so I can stay alert a bit longer and then actually rest when I finally get the chance, ma'am," he said.

// I hope you are feeling better, Anja

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:49 am

"Good morning Kyle I am Richard Lee bani Akashic Brotherhood and this is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy."
He said. Kyle put the book down in a pile of other books and shook the man's hand.
"Ehm I am not completely into the whole bani this or that thing yet Mr Lee ehm...Akashic Brotherhood and Cult of Ecstasy...the martial artists and the ones working with altered stated of mind...my dad told me about those two groups..."
He said sounding a bit uncertain.

Serge walked into the room and when he saw the nervous young boy he gave him a light-hearted smile.

"I could never really grasp that 'bani' thing either." Serge revealed. "Seemed way to formal. I always preferred calling myself a cultist of the Ecstatic variety. I remember some drunk mage I met in New York calling himself that and thought it sounded funny."

Glancing at Richard, Serge smiled and then looked back at Kyle.  "And you are so right. The Akashic Brotherhood are magical martial artists. I always thought that it sounded like a TV show waiting to happen. In fact it probably is one already." Serge said with a chuckle trying to ease Kyle's nervousness.

(((OOC: Get well soon Anja)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:04 am

Udella nodded she took a small book from her belt pouch, it turned out not to be a book but two tin wood blocks bound together so they could be opened like one, she did so and showed you, each side held a painting of a man, tall and handsome and similar in many ways to Undella herself wearing early 1800's clothes.
"This was my son I named him after one of the greatest of my family but as a Hermetic he took the name Talius."
He said and glanced at the worn paintings lovingly.
"He gave me such joy."
He nodded, "He certainly looks sharp. If you don't mind my asking, which House did he wind up in?"

"You are far to kind Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled.
He grinned, "I get that a lot these days... Don't know that I quite agree with the 'far too' bit, but you are quite welcome, all the same."

"Well the sun is up young man which by what I understand of the Massassa curse should compell her her to sleep, however Mrs Knox tells me some of the more human ones that have not lost themselves as much might still be able to wake up during the day if disturbed, and Miss Jarden is a most kind woman."
The old Quesitor said and raised and eyebrow.
He nodded, frowning slightly, "She is a most kind woman... that's why I would prefer to not face her for a little while yet. Much as everything went well in regards to... the backup plan, I do owe her an apology for the deception that led her to donate the... materials. And she will likely not take that entirely well, I'm afraid - her kindness and nobility will not work in my favour in this case..."

It seamed Adley and the others had managed to get the crashed magi to bed. You get down to the basement and then take the same route down to the sub basement as you had when talking with Miss Jarden about getting a sample of her blood, there where more activity here now, with some guards outside some of the doors. It would have been hard to tell which door lead to the room Allison was kept in only you heard her throwing up and gasping, that serum really did make one feel sick, at least you knew which room she was in.
He frowned slightly - Allison's reaction to the serum seemed to last a little longer than it ought to - and headed towards the room, nodding to the guard, "Permission to speak with one of the prisoners?"

((OOC: I'd say that's quite alright, but a headache never really is... Better now? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:28 am

Adley:

"I don't need to be alone, though I will need a little room and I'm a bit loud, as you might have noticed. So if you don't mind hearing the lesser banishing again, I don't mind. I just need something to help settle everything a little, so I can stay alert a bit longer and then actually rest when I finally get the chance, ma'am," he said.

"I do not mind hearing your words Sodalis, and like I said I only need one place to sit."
Crexia said and she sat down in the chair.
"So please do your rituals, I know several who use the Lesser Banishing ritual it have become rather popular in later years and having something to settle you down that I certainly understand."
She said as she begun to embroider the black piece of cloth.

Serge walked into the room and when he saw the nervous young boy he gave him a light-hearted smile.

"I could never really grasp that 'bani' thing either." Serge revealed. "Seemed way to formal. I always preferred calling myself a cultist of the Ecstatic variety. I remember some drunk mage I met in New York calling himself that and thought it sounded funny."

"I think it means of the house of."
The boy said and he held out a hand towards you nervously.
"For me I am more meaning I...am not that used to being around Traditionalists.
He muttered.

Glancing at Richard, Serge smiled and then looked back at Kyle. "And you are so right. The Akashic Brotherhood are magical martial artists. I always thought that it sounded like a TV show waiting to happen. In fact it probably is one already." Serge said with a chuckle trying to ease Kyle's nervousness.

"Yeah...it sort of do sound like a TV show waiting to happen."
Kyle said and smiled a little. Richard glanced at both of you then he said calmly.
"I have come to give you a dose of the serum Kyle, but your new Mentor tells me this will be the last time, tomorrow you will be let out of here and get a room in the Chantry and you can use your magick as your will, but for today..."
Kyle sigh and he tried to hide fear and nervousness.
"Yeah...I know."
He muttered and pushed the sleeves of his tshirt away from his arms you saw deep bruising on one of his arms. Richard frowned at the bruises.
"Should we take the other arm?"
He asked and Kyle shook his head.
"I prefer to have one side I am able to lie down on."
He said and Richard sigh.
"Very well but I don't like it this muscle have had enough...now don't be concerned about making any sounds, as long as you sit still."
The Akashic said as he begun to make a syringe filled with something really greed ready. Kyle winced a little at the sight of it and nodded.
"Ok...I guess that will be easier Mr Roth Hicks did this earlier and I mean he captured me and I did not want to make him feel bad about it so I tried to be as quiet as possible...it did sort of make it harder."
He said. Richard gave you a look as if to say you should try to distract the kid as he nodded.
"I see, well it is not necessary no matter how your react it is not wrong Kyle just try to relax."

Colin:

He nodded, "He certainly looks sharp. If you don't mind my asking, which House did he wind up in?"

"He joined House Jerbiton, he was a very skilled negotiator a credit to his House."
Crexia said proudly.

He grinned, "I get that a lot these days... Don't know that I quite agree with the 'far too' bit, but you are quite welcome, all the same."

The old Quesitor smiled kindly.
"Well thank you then and I appreciate the vote of confidence, I guess my various students over the ages have turned out rather well."

He nodded, frowning slightly, "She is a most kind woman... that's why I would prefer to not face her for a little while yet. Much as everything went well in regards to... the backup plan, I do owe her an apology for the deception that led her to donate the... materials. And she will likely not take that entirely well, I'm afraid - her kindness and nobility will not work in my favour in this case..."

"I see well then I hope for your case that the hustle and bustle to make makeshift cells down in the sub basement have not awoken Miss Jarden from her slumber."
Udella said and nodded.
"I do not know her well, but I do imagine she will not take it well no."

He frowned slightly - Allison's reaction to the serum seemed to last a little longer than it ought to - and headed towards the room, nodding to the guard, "Permission to speak with one of the prisoners?"

"Off course Sir."
The guard a woman with short, blond hair said as she opened the door for you. Inside you saw two beds, in one of them Matty lay sleeping she had probably been given a sedative, she was covered in sweat and was moaning softly in her sleep clearly still in allot of pain. The woman was strapped down to the bed with medical restraints. Allison sat in her bed vomiting into a bucket. Betty who had been healed sat next to her patting her back gently to try to help her. Allison's legs where strapped down but her upper body had been released so she could vomit into a bucket and not get it all over herself, the young prisoner looked rather miserable as she looked up and saw you.
"You again...I did not think I would see you here again so soon."
Alison muttered before she dry heaved again and bent over the bucket.
"Sorry...I am not at my most...dignified right now..."
She muttered and moaned.

(OOC: Thank you all yeah I am feeling better today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 pm

"I see well then I hope for your case that the hustle and bustle to make makeshift cells down in the sub basement have not awoken Miss Jarden from her slumber."
Udella said and nodded.
"I do not know her well, but I do imagine she will not take it well no."
Colin nodded, "And all the same, I owe her that apology. I'd prefer to have a nice bouquet of flowers here first, though. And preferably, some form of video chat, so she can't physically reach me in anger. And hopefully... she'll at least accept why I did what I did, even if she might not be able to forgive me or trust me again..."

"Off course Sir."
The guard a woman with short, blond hair said as she opened the door for you. Inside you saw two beds, in one of them Matty lay sleeping she had probably been given a sedative, she was covered in sweat and was moaning softly in her sleep clearly still in allot of pain. The woman was strapped down to the bed with medical restraints. Allison sat in her bed vomiting into a bucket. Betty who had been healed sat next to her patting her back gently to try to help her. Allison's legs where strapped down but her upper body had been released so she could vomit into a bucket and not get it all over herself, the young prisoner looked rather miserable as she looked up and saw you.
"You again...I did not think I would see you here again so soon."
Alison muttered before she dry heaved again and bent over the bucket.
"Sorry...I am not at my most...dignified right now..."
She muttered and moaned.
He nodded to the guard and stepped inside, frowning slightly, "No, it was rather an unexpected idea that was pointed out to me. And I'm sorry for your discomfort - I would have expected the serum's side effects to have abated by now, but if you were hit by the Scourge at the same time... well, that's a likely collaborating culprit. In any case, I need your help... and so do you, actually."
He took a deep breath, "You see, it's the serum that's a concern - one dose is essentially harmless, but long-term use... not so much. In about 45 minutes, I'm going to get a cat-scan as a piece of evidence of how the serum works on someone fresh off the 24-hour duration. I should like you to accompany us, if you would. You see, I have been given some knowledge of the future - projections from a later date, if you will - and the information I have on the serum won't be discovered for another, oh, five years... at which point several people will have been forced to be on the serum for far too long. At that time... your Mentor, a dear friend of mine, was quite distraught over your condition, and I was equally worried about my own apprentice. Another former long-term recipient had already died by then... So, to protect your own health, and that of Devourer of Fetuses, and possibly save the life of another yet, will you help me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Colin nodded, "And all the same, I owe her that apology. I'd prefer to have a nice bouquet of flowers here first, though. And preferably, some form of video chat, so she can't physically reach me in anger. And hopefully... she'll at least accept why I did what I did, even if she might not be able to forgive me or trust me again..."

Udella nodded and she nodded.
"You do owe Miss Jarden that apology and yes having some distance between you and her when you deliver it is wise, remember it is not just your life on the line, if she where to hurt you, she being a Massassa that is not exactly thought of highly in the Traditions...her execution would be impressively brutal and even if she where not to harm you seriously there where likely to be some very unpleasant consequences for her."
The Quesitor said softly.

He nodded to the guard and stepped inside, frowning slightly, "No, it was rather an unexpected idea that was pointed out to me. And I'm sorry for your discomfort - I would have expected the serum's side effects to have abated by now, but if you were hit by the Scourge at the same time... well, that's a likely collaborating culprit. In any case, I need your help... and so do you, actually."

"We are at war, you did what you had to don't worry about it."
Allison muttered before she bent over the bucket again and groaned.
"Unsurprisingly I don't really care if I feel like this because of Paradox or that shit you injected me with or if my dinner last night was iffy I just want it to stop but hey it could be worse I could be feeling as badly as Matty over there."
She grumbled and glanced at the sleeping form of Miss Carlyle.
"So what do you need?"

He took a deep breath, "You see, it's the serum that's a concern - one dose is essentially harmless, but long-term use... not so much. In about 45 minutes, I'm going to get a cat-scan as a piece of evidence of how the serum works on someone fresh off the 24-hour duration. I should like you to accompany us, if you would.

"I could tell you that there is something wrong with the serum it looks like to toy slime my brother used to play with you don't want that shit in your body ask my butt it can tell you."
Allison grumbled.
"Wait you are taking that serum? How will forty five minutes encompass...ah some fuckery with the timeline...I would not really recommend taking that serum though it hurts like hell, I mean ok that paradox backlash was worse by far, no comparison but that do not mean that green stuff is something you want injected into you. Have you ever had a shot of Rocephin? Well I have when I was a kid I cut myself on some wire and got an infection they just could not get under control so they brought out the big guns...yeah there is a reason why hospitals do not use the big guns very often they burn like nothing else...I think I cried for an hour afterwards until I had cried myself to sleep, well burn like nothing else save that shit you gave me it feels like someone slowly cut you to the bone and then pour alcohol right into the wound, and the burning continue I had to ask the woman who searched me when we got here if I had a wound our cut on my but for it sure felt like it and then there is the headache and a nausea so no I do not recommend getting that shot, then again if you are going to fuck with the time steam then you might not feel it for how hard Paradox will slap you so it might be ok."
Allison muttered before she dry heaved again
"Why do you want me to come along?"

You see, I have been given some knowledge of the future - projections from a later date, if you will - and the information I have on the serum won't be discovered for another, oh, five years... at which point several people will have been forced to be on the serum for far too long. At that time... your Mentor, a dear friend of mine, was quite distraught over your condition, and I was equally worried about my own apprentice. Another former long-term recipient had already died by then... So, to protect your own health, and that of Devourer of Fetuses, and possibly save the life of another yet, will you help me?"

"What in five years...I don't understand..."
Allison muttered then she sigh.
"I guess then I am one of those who are going to be put on that serum long term...lovely I get to experience my butt being on fire daily and this fine hangover without the benefit of the drinks...and then what drop dead? Perfect just perfect...and my Mentor...a new Mentor then I assume since..."
The prisoner looked sad and also tried to hide her fear and worry.
"Ehm sure I can come with you it is not much of a problem...a Cat scan is that the one that is a glorified xray or the one with the really powerful magnet?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Udella nodded and she nodded.
"You do owe Miss Jarden that apology and yes having some distance between you and her when you deliver it is wise, remember it is not just your life on the line, if she where to hurt you, she being a Massassa that is not exactly thought of highly in the Traditions...her execution would be impressively brutal and even if she where not to harm you seriously there where likely to be some very unpleasant consequences for her."
The Quesitor said softly.
Colin nodded, "Without anyone to say otherwise, though, I suppose it might be feasible to save her, if I absolve her of responsibility for it - literally take the fall for my own actions - but all the same, it would be preferable to avoid that problem altogether. I will admit, I am not entirely up to speed on the rights and responsibilities of Custos, but it seems if an Awakened Mage claims responsibility for an incident, the Custos can't be legally blamed for it?"

"We are at war, you did what you had to don't worry about it."
Allison muttered before she bent over the bucket again and groaned.
"Unsurprisingly I don't really care if I feel like this because of Paradox or that shit you injected me with or if my dinner last night was iffy I just want it to stop but hey it could be worse I could be feeling as badly as Matty over there."
She grumbled and glanced at the sleeping form of Miss Carlyle.
"So what do you need?"
He nodded, "Matty is... a unique case, I'm afraid - her Avatar was separated from the malignant spirit it was grafted to. She'll be in pain for some time yet, serum or not. In fact, the serum might help her, softening the connection to her Avatar..."

"I could tell you that there is something wrong with the serum it looks like to toy slime my brother used to play with you don't want that shit in your body ask my butt it can tell you."
Allison grumbled.
"Wait you are taking that serum? How will forty five minutes encompass...ah some fuckery with the timeline...I would not really recommend taking that serum though it hurts like hell, I mean ok that paradox backlash was worse by far, no comparison but that do not mean that green stuff is something you want injected into you. Have you ever had a shot of Rocephin? Well I have when I was a kid I cut myself on some wire and got an infection they just could not get under control so they brought out the big guns...yeah there is a reason why hospitals do not use the big guns very often they burn like nothing else...I think I cried for an hour afterwards until I had cried myself to sleep, well burn like nothing else save that shit you gave me it feels like someone slowly cut you to the bone and then pour alcohol right into the wound, and the burning continue I had to ask the woman who searched me when we got here if I had a wound our cut on my but for it sure felt like it and then there is the headache and a nausea so no I do not recommend getting that shot, then again if you are going to fuck with the time steam then you might not feel it for how hard Paradox will slap you so it might be ok."
Allison muttered before she dry heaved again
"Why do you want me to come along?"
He nodded, "There's a very skilled Chronomancer who will arrange a time bubble for me and a couple of friends, that I can examine the experience under controlled circumstances. No, it won't be pleasant, but I think the analysis from an aware volunteer will be a valuable piece of information in regards to the proper use, or non-use of the serum in the future. And I am sorry about the indignity of the injection; I was lucky enough to avoid a serious infection when..." He gestured to his face, "Well, in any case, I believe that no-one should deliberately expose others to something they're not willing to be exposed to themselves."

"What in five years...I don't understand..."
Allison muttered then she sigh.
"I guess then I am one of those who are going to be put on that serum long term...lovely I get to experience my butt being on fire daily and this fine hangover without the benefit of the drinks...and then what drop dead? Perfect just perfect...and my Mentor...a new Mentor then I assume since..."
The prisoner looked sad and also tried to hide her fear and worry.
"Ehm sure I can come with you it is not much of a problem...a Cat scan is that the one that is a glorified xray or the one with the really powerful magnet?"
She asked.
He shrugged, "Yes and no. Knowing what I do of the lasting effects of long-term use, that won't even be discovered for years unless I break the timeline, I have a chance to protect both you and Devourer of Fetuses from the serum. At the time my vision took place, you weren't dead... but you were unlikely to ever wake up from the coma you had fallen into."
He smiled, "Your likely future Mentor does see great potential for good in you - if you accept, you'll find no greater or more passionate advocate to speak for you."
He nodded, "The one with the really powerful magnet, I believe - though I will admit, I may be confusing the machines. In any case, it takes a series of accurate images of your head, revealing, hopefully, a few stray Primium particles."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Colin nodded, "Without anyone to say otherwise, though, I suppose it might be feasible to save her, if I absolve her of responsibility for it - literally take the fall for my own actions - but all the same, it would be preferable to avoid that problem altogether. I will admit, I am not entirely up to speed on the rights and responsibilities of Custos, but it seems if an Awakened Mage claims responsibility for an incident, the Custos can't be legally blamed for it?"

"Technically speaking Morningstar are responsible for Miss Jarden's action, it is a little bit like being responsible for the guest you bring as your plus one to a party, only more severe, but if you are hurt but not killed you can request that no legal action be taken and it will likely be heard, if not then Morningstar would be punished for Miss Jarden's actions and the Chantry would in tern be expected to punish her."
Udella said then she sigh.
"But for a vampire with no ties to her own society who badly harmed a mage...even if not found guilty by law someone would take it upon themselves to...well you can imagine the rest."

He nodded, "Matty is... a unique case, I'm afraid - her Avatar was separated from the malignant spirit it was grafted to. She'll be in pain for some time yet, serum or not. In fact, the serum might help her, softening the connection to her Avatar..."

"Yeah I was there remember I saw what happened...poor Matty then again everyone at the Labyrinth was afraid of her...now all I can do is pity her. I did not think her reaction was the serum I saw how hurt she was about what was done to her Avatar."
Allison muttered and glanced over at Matty.

He nodded, "There's a very skilled Chronomancer who will arrange a time bubble for me and a couple of friends, that I can examine the experience under controlled circumstances. No, it won't be pleasant, but I think the analysis from an aware volunteer will be a valuable piece of information in regards to the proper use, or non-use of the serum in the future.

"I see, well I am just warning you it will not be a plesant experience, and I would not eat to much before you do it and do not like me be in the middle of a spell for that really was not fun."
Allison grumbled.

And I am sorry about the indignity of the injection; I was lucky enough to avoid a serious infection when..." He gestured to his face, "Well, in any case, I believe that no-one should deliberately expose others to something they're not willing to be exposed to themselves."

"I guess I can see the logic of that...and don't worry about it, like I said it was a combat situation and we where enemies. I would prefer not to have to lay on my back though, laying weight on the injection site is sort of uncomfortable."
Allison said and glanced at you. Betty sigh.
"I will see if we can find some more comfortable way to restrain you."
She said compassionately.

He shrugged, "Yes and no. Knowing what I do of the lasting effects of long-term use, that won't even be discovered for years unless I break the timeline, I have a chance to protect both you and Devourer of Fetuses from the serum. At the time my vision took place, you weren't dead... but you were unlikely to ever wake up from the coma you had fallen into."

"Oh a coma...wonderful this day just keeps getting better, let us hope you can change that then for who knows how long of this bullshit and then dying in a coma is not a very...nice future you know."
Allison said she looked rather miserable.
"How did I end up in that coma?"

He smiled, "Your likely future Mentor does see great potential for good in you - if you accept, you'll find no greater or more passionate advocate to speak for you."

"I am not sure I could...let myself get fond of another Mentor, not after loosing...one already."
She muttered sadly.
"Well I guess that give some hope at least."

He nodded, "The one with the really powerful magnet, I believe - though I will admit, I may be confusing the machines. In any case, it takes a series of accurate images of your head, revealing, hopefully, a few stray Primium particles."

"Did they not capture a Terminator in one of those in one of the movies...hum...well no matter it should not be a problem, I can show my head in a giant magnet if you please, Primium in my head though that worry me, that sounds more like something that happens after a very foul meeting with the Technocracy and then your friends get to hold a closed casket funeral for you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:26 pm

"Yeah...it sort of do sound like a TV show waiting to happen."
Kyle said and smiled a little. Richard glanced at both of you then he said calmly.

"Man that would be an awesome show. A group of 9 guys who all specialize in one sphere. Imagine getting the time punched out of you." Serge said with a grin.

"I have come to give you a dose of the serum Kyle, but your new Mentor tells me this will be the last time, tomorrow you will be let out of here and get a room in the Chantry and you can use your magick as your will, but for today..."
Kyle sigh and he tried to hide fear and nervousness.
"Yeah...I know."

"That's awesome dude!" Serge said trying to cheer Kyle up and focus on the positive. "Who knows? Maybe your room will be next to mine."

He muttered and pushed the sleeves of his tshirt away from his arms you saw deep bruising on one of his arms. Richard frowned at the bruises.
"Should we take the other arm?"
He asked and Kyle shook his head.
"I prefer to have one side I am able to lie down on."
He said and Richard sigh.

"Very well but I don't like it this muscle have had enough...now don't be concerned about making any sounds, as long as you sit still."
The Akashic said as he begun to make a syringe filled with something really greed ready. Kyle winced a little at the sight of it and nodded.
"Ok...I guess that will be easier Mr Roth Hicks did this earlier and I mean he captured me and I did not want to make him feel bad about it so I tried to be as quiet as possible...it did sort of make it harder."
He said. Richard gave you a look as if to say you should try to distract the kid as he nodded.
"I see, well it is not necessary no matter how your react it is not wrong Kyle just try to relax."

"Don't think about the shot too much. Try to focus on this cool dragon that I drew this morning."

Serge said as he held up his sketchbook and showed Kyle one of his earlier drawings:
Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 10 C247b391ad6d731a6bf5d0fa04b6c14e--love-drawings-animal-drawings

"Cool right? I also have this picture of a castle that I drew when I was coming over here."

Serge said as he flipped through his sketchbook and showed the picture of a castle that he drew earlier:
Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 10 230355bfaf252972bf359c440e0cefa7--fantasy-castle-castles
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:42 pm

"Man that would be an awesome show. A group of 9 guys who all specialize in one sphere. Imagine getting the time punched out of you." Serge said with a grin.

"Yeah that would be cool...I do wonder what getting one's time punched out of one would entail though. I have to say though I am sketchy on the whole nine thing...I am not trained by the Traditions I know there are nine of them and they part reality into nine but I am not used to seeing magick like that."
Kyle said and scratched his head.

"That's awesome dude!" Serge said trying to cheer Kyle up and focus on the positive. "Who knows? Maybe your room will be next to mine."

"Well I will be glad to be out of here...and get control back over my magick, this is not as bad as I thought it would be though to get captured by the Traditions so yeah..."
The kid said and smiled a little.

"Don't think about the shot too much. Try to focus on this cool dragon that I drew this morning."

Serge said as he held up his sketchbook and showed Kyle one of his earlier drawings:

"Cool right? I also have this picture of a castle that I drew when I was coming over here."

Serge said as he flipped through his sketchbook and showed the picture of a castle that he drew earlier:

Kyle looked a little nervous but he turned his attention to your drawings.
"Easier said than done but I am glad to have something else to look at."
She said and Richard ashed his arm with an alcohol wipe and told him to try to relax his arm.
"I am trying...I am trying..."
The young widderslainte muttered as he with great determination looked at your drawings and not what Richard was doing.
"These are pretty good..."
Kyle said he flinched when Richard touched his arm again which lead to more mild requests for him to relax. The Akashic worked quickly with practiced hands and he gave Kyle the Shot quickly though he injected the vicious green liquid slowly. Kyle gave a long, pained groan and he turned ashen pale, tears welled up in the corners of his eyes but he remained still.
"I am done...breathe kid, I know it hurts take a deep breath...good..."
Richard said calmly as he pressed som cotton against the boy's arm and then gently massages the area around the injection site to disperse the liquid.
"You did well and this is the last time."
He said in a compassionate, soft tone of voice.
"Are you ok Kyle?"
He asked and the young widderslainte gave a tired nod as he brought his hand up to wipe his eyes.
"Yeah...but I am starting to feel nauseous."
He muttered. Richard nodded and handed him a bucket from the floor.
"That is ok...listen I will go and get an ice bag for you, will you be ok here in the meantime?"
He asked and Kyle gave another nod as he tried to comose himself.
"Yeah I...will be fine..."
He said and turned to you still with a good grip on that bucket.
"Ehm...have you been drawing long?"
He asked mostly to be saying something. Richard gave you a look as if to tell you to stay with the kid until he returned and then he went to get some ice for the widderslainte's arm.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:44 pm

"I do not mind hearing your words Sodalis, and like I said I only need one place to sit." Crexia said and she sat down in the chair.
"So please do your rituals, I know several who use the Lesser Banishing ritual it have become rather popular in later years and having something to settle you down that I certainly understand."

"Thanks, I'll try to finish before everyone gets here, then." He gave her a nod and took up position to begin the exercise - he'd been told to do it every morning. But ever since, he hardly knew what a day was, let alone morning, so he would take advantage of the few moments while he could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Crexia nodded as she bent over her embroidery. You begun your exercise and as you felt yourself expand with the Celtic Cross until you where the center of the universe and you declared it's glory to your inner God, your Avatar and felt small amounts of Quintessence flowing peacefully through you the fire angle relaxed, perhaps not completely she was still emotional, she was fire and fire raged, it burned but she was calmer and she settled down in your soul just as your consciousness settled in the here and now reminding you of who you where, Adley...Brian...part of you where the Flambeau warrior Einje and the magickal scientist Dylan, but you had an identity beyond that. The Pentagrams helped cleanse your inside, your mind, soul and energy just like that shower had cleansed your outside, the God names grounding you in your own personal power. The Archangles came as you envisioned them, creating a balance and safeguarding you, all of them their own being, and aspects of you, the elemental rulers of your own inner universe and then as the final Cabalistic Cross was done, which both exalted and grounded you, the constant ache in your Avatar from the Umbrood shard, from Paradox from all it had been through these few days eased, and your mind felt more focused, you still where in desperate need of rest, but the path before you did not seam quite so long and you could feel your own power, your own center and you could feel the fire angle there in your soul, always watching and guiding you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:57 pm

"Technically speaking Morningstar are responsible for Miss Jarden's action, it is a little bit like being responsible for the guest you bring as your plus one to a party, only more severe, but if you are hurt but not killed you can request that no legal action be taken and it will likely be heard, if not then Morningstar would be punished for Miss Jarden's actions and the Chantry would in tern be expected to punish her."
Udella said then she sigh.
"But for a vampire with no ties to her own society who badly harmed a mage...even if not found guilty by law someone would take it upon themselves to...well you can imagine the rest."
Colin nodded, "Never mind the injury; I would certainly not want that on my conscience now, as well..."

"Yeah I was there remember I saw what happened...poor Matty then again everyone at the Labyrinth was afraid of her...now all I can do is pity her. I did not think her reaction was the serum I saw how hurt she was about what was done to her Avatar."
Allison muttered and glanced over at Matty.
He nodded, "And she refused the serum, preferring your Mentor's rather nasty restraints. I... can understand her fear of the serum, but I don't know if those restraints were a better choice. They seem to induce a needless amount of agony."

"I see, well I am just warning you it will not be a plesant experience, and I would not eat to much before you do it and do not like me be in the middle of a spell for that really was not fun."
Allison grumbled.
He frowned and sipped his tea, "Ah, I hope I manage to contain that hearty lunch... And no, no spellcasting as I inject myself. That would be rather reckless."

"I guess I can see the logic of that...and don't worry about it, like I said it was a combat situation and we where enemies. I would prefer not to have to lay on my back though, laying weight on the injection site is sort of uncomfortable."
Allison said and glanced at you. Betty sigh.
"I will see if we can find some more comfortable way to restrain you."
She said compassionately.
He nodded, "With a little bit of luck, the swelling should go down soon, and once your stomach settles, lying on your side might be possible..."

"Oh a coma...wonderful this day just keeps getting better, let us hope you can change that then for who knows how long of this bullshit and then dying in a coma is not a very...nice future you know."
Allison said she looked rather miserable.
"How did I end up in that coma?"
He paused, "I don't know for certain. But the smart money is on the serum. You had a stroke, and you are much too young for that to just happen without any warning."

"I am not sure I could...let myself get fond of another Mentor, not after loosing...one already."
She muttered sadly.
"Well I guess that give some hope at least."
He smiled, "She's a very easy person to grow fond of. A bit grandmotherly, perhaps, but quite capable."

"Did they not capture a Terminator in one of those in one of the movies...hum...well no matter it should not be a problem, I can show my head in a giant magnet if you please, Primium in my head though that worry me, that sounds more like something that happens after a very foul meeting with the Technocracy and then your friends get to hold a closed casket funeral for you."
He frowned, "I... suppose that's accurate. Though the union aren't the only ones to use Primium rounds... or good marksmanship..."
He shook his head, "I don't know about the Terminator, though - that must have been one of the later movies. I can assure you, though, that one or two doses should flush out quite quickly. It's like with all heavy metals - long-term exposure is the slow killer."
He nodded, "I'll return to pick you up in a little while, then... and I hope your stomach settles by then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:13 pm

Einje-???-Dylan-{Brian}-Adley...and Names he did not know between some of those...the pain in his heart that seemed to be everywhere, through all the thick and thin vibrations that encompassed his being, the sliver of pain that was the life of another with another Name, part of which he knew, his avatar, a constant companion. When he was finished with the exercise, he turned and sat with his back to the window and facing the door, resting his mind until Colin returned.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:14 pm

He said and turned to you still with a good grip on that bucket.
"Ehm...have you been drawing long?"
He asked mostly to be saying something. Richard gave you a look as if to tell you to stay with the kid until he returned and then he went to get some ice for the widderslainte's arm.

"For most of my life." Serge said eager to distract Kyle from the pain and nausea. "I've always been drawing, watching tv, or daydreaming. That just seemed way more fun that anything else. Watching the fantastic adventures on the tv, imagining myself as one of those characters, and drawing it so that a piece of my mind can enter reality."

Serge was flipping through his sketchbook showcasing random doodles that he had draw over the course of his life. They consisted of mundane things such as flowers and houses to more fantastical things such as a black-haired man wielding a flaming sword.

"How about you? Do you have any hobbies?" Serge asked trying to get Kyle to talk a bit more.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Never mind the injury; I would certainly not want that on my conscience now, as well..."

"No I don't imagine you would want that Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and sigh.
"Let us hope Miss Jarden is safely sleeping."

He nodded, "And she refused the serum, preferring your Mentor's rather nasty restraints. I... can understand her fear of the serum, but I don't know if those restraints were a better choice. They seem to induce a needless amount of agony."

"Yeah I would gladly take that serum to those restraints they...are not nice they are a very nasty piece of work in fact."
Allison said and frowned.
"But I guess Matty had her reasons and the restraints have been removed now."
She said and glanced at the sleeping Nephanda.
"Then again I am not sure she feels the difference."

He frowned and sipped his tea, "Ah, I hope I manage to contain that hearty lunch... And no, no spellcasting as I inject myself. That would be rather reckless."

"No...spellcasting while injecting yourself with the lovechild of the Haribo bear and one of the slimes from Final Fantasy."
The prisoner said and grinned before she started coughing and bent over the bucket again.

He nodded, "With a little bit of luck, the swelling should go down soon, and once your stomach settles, lying on your side might be possible..."

"Yeah...that would work."
Allison muttered.
"And that healer of yours...ehm...Horton said he would bring me something for the nausea...hopefully that will work."
She said. Betty nodded.
"We can move the restraints so she can lay on her side, that is not a problem."

He paused, "I don't know for certain. But the smart money is on the serum. You had a stroke, and you are much too young for that to just happen without any warning."

"Oh fantastic this just keeps getting better!"
Allison muttered and she glanced at you clearly trying to hide her fear.

He smiled, "She's a very easy person to grow fond of. A bit grandmotherly, perhaps, but quite capable."

"Yeah...well I am more concerned about growing fond of someone again and loosing them."
The prisoner muttered bitterly and looked away.

He frowned, "I... suppose that's accurate. Though the union aren't the only ones to use Primium rounds... or good marksmanship..."

Allison just grunted at that.

He shook his head, "I don't know about the Terminator, though - that must have been one of the later movies. I can assure you, though, that one or two doses should flush out quite quickly. It's like with all heavy metals - long-term exposure is the slow killer."

"It was one of the later movies, well hopefully I will not be put on the serum long term then, but what do I do if I am? Just sit and wait to die?"
She asked fearfully.
"Because that really sucks."

He nodded, "I'll return to pick you up in a little while, then... and I hope your stomach settles by then."

"You and me both, and if it don't I guess you are going to have to bring a bucket."
The young woman muttered wryly.
"In fourthly five minutes right? I will be here I doubt I will be allowed to go anywhere else."

Adley:

Crexia looked up from her embroidery as you sat down by the window but she did not speak, seaming to think you might need a bit longer to think about things, and that you would speak to her if you had something that needed saying, she just focused on the design she was sewing into the black cloth, a spiral it seams, at least for now.

Serge:

"For most of my life." Serge said eager to distract Kyle from the pain and nausea. "I've always been drawing, watching tv, or daydreaming. That just seemed way more fun that anything else. Watching the fantastic adventures on the tv, imagining myself as one of those characters, and drawing it so that a piece of my mind can enter reality."

"That is cool, I have never been any good at drawing, I do like watching TV at times though but I prefer reading so I can make my own images in my head to the stories."
Kyle said as he gently touched his arm and winced, he probably should not be doing that.
"I have never had much of a chance to daydream...well I guess I have but...not allot you know I have had to keep my wits about me..."
He muttered and coughed and bent over the bucket.
"Sorry...I guess I am not the best company right now."
He said once he was done depositing his breakfast into the bucket.
"This is pretty disgusting."

Serge was flipping through his sketchbook showcasing random doodles that he had draw over the course of his life. They consisted of mundane things such as flowers and houses to more fantastical things such as a black-haired man wielding a flaming sword.

"How about you? Do you have any hobbies?" Serge asked trying to get Kyle to talk a bit more.

"I like reading like I said and playing games...I do that quite a bit, and sometimes going outside and just running."
He said and looked up from the bucket.
"I like learning you know and actually enjoy going to school, when my parents stay in one place long enough for me to go."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:57 pm

"That is cool, I have never been any good at drawing, I do like watching TV at times though but I prefer reading so I can make my own images in my head to the stories."

"I used to read a lot too." Serge said honestly. "Don't know why I ever stopped. Perhaps I should start reading again. What books did you use to read?"

Kyle said as he gently touched his arm and winced, he probably should not be doing that.
"I have never had much of a chance to daydream...well I guess I have but...not allot you know I have had to keep my wits about me..."

"We all have to keep our wits about us nowadays." Serge said remembering the horrific tales he had heard not too long ago. "But planning for the future and preparing a solution to a problems are types of daydreams. We all use our heads so its good to keep it in good shape."

"He muttered and coughed and bent over the bucket.
"Sorry...I guess I am not the best company right now."
He said once he was done depositing his breakfast into the bucket.
"This is pretty disgusting."

"Trust me, not much disgusts after what I've seen in the Cult of Ectasy." Serge said remembering vividly the many....unique ways that Cultist would achieve their altered state of mind for their magick. "It's quite a...interesting experience."

"I like reading like I said and playing games...I do that quite a bit, and sometimes going outside and just running."
He said and looked up from the bucket.
"I like learning you know and actually enjoy going to school, when my parents stay in one place long enough for me to go."

"I love video games. Their the only real times you get to play an epic hero. Going on amazing adventures and wielding amazing powers." Serge said reminiscing about his childhood.

"I was never a fan of school. Never did badly in it but always found it to be so boring. Just sitting there listening to the teacher drone on on about some random topic. What subjects did you enjoy?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:40 pm

"I used to read a lot too." Serge said honestly. "Don't know why I ever stopped. Perhaps I should start reading again. What books did you use to read?"

"Mostly science fiction and fantasy."
Kyle said and nodded towards the stack of books on the chair by his bed.
"What about you what books do you like?"

"We all have to keep our wits about us nowadays." Serge said remembering the horrific tales he had heard not too long ago. "But planning for the future and preparing a solution to a problems are types of daydreams. We all use our heads so its good to keep it in good shape."

"True enough, we need to keep our heads in good shape and dreaming is good but if we are not aware of our surroundings it gets easier for an enemy to sneak up on us, or so my dad says."
Kyle muttered and looked down.
"And besides my daydreams are not always...well not always the thing one should go around and think about."

"Trust me, not much disgusts after what I've seen in the Cult of Ectasy." Serge said remembering vividly the many....unique ways that Cultist would achieve their altered state of mind for their magick. "It's quite a...interesting experience."

"What is an interesting experience, watching someone get a shot of some goop that burns like you would not believe and then see them puke their guts out? I mean no offense man but that is a little bit weird."
The young widderslainte said and raised an eyebrow.

"I love video games. Their the only real times you get to play an epic hero. Going on amazing adventures and wielding amazing powers." Serge said reminiscing about his childhood.

"Well we are mages both of us, we wield amazing power in our real lives...but yeah I get you computer games are fun, it is a way to get away from the problems of real life for a little while at least."
"I had a handheld with me when I was captured but they took it, I guess they are worried I am going to smash it and cut my wrists with it or something."

"I was never a fan of school. Never did badly in it but always found it to be so boring. Just sitting there listening to the teacher drone on on about some random topic. What subjects did you enjoy?" Serge asked.

"It can be boring if the teachers are not good but I enjoyed being with others my age, feel normal if just for a moment. I am pretty good with math and history. I enjoyed learning about that I guess."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:04 pm

"Yeah I would gladly take that serum to those restraints they...are not nice they are a very nasty piece of work in fact."
"But I guess Matty had her reasons and the restraints have been removed now."
She said and glanced at the sleeping Nephanda.
"Then again I am not sure she feels the difference."
He frowned, "No, it's hard to say whether she notices... poor girl. It seems nothing right has been done for her in this life..."

"No...spellcasting while injecting yourself with the lovechild of the Haribo bear and one of the slimes from Final Fantasy."
The prisoner said and grinned before she started coughing and bent over the bucket again.
He scratched his ear, "I... don't remember any slimes in Final Fantasy, I'm afraid..."

"Yeah...that would work."
Allison muttered.
"And that healer of yours...ehm...Horton said he would bring me something for the nausea...hopefully that will work."
She said. Betty nodded.
"We can move the restraints so she can lay on her side, that is not a problem."
He nodded, "I've got faith in the man. He'll have seen a very wide variety of ailments; nausea, whatever the cause, should be treatable."

"Oh fantastic this just keeps getting better!"
Allison muttered and she glanced at you clearly trying to hide her fear.
He nodded, "Well, it gets better in that I am taking action to break away from that timeline. No extended stay on the serum should mean no stroke, and should mean you get to enjoy a long life in the Order."

"Yeah...well I am more concerned about growing fond of someone again and loosing them."
The prisoner muttered bitterly and looked away.
He smiled, "She's a hardy old dear, and plans to retire with a vast number of cats after teaching one more apprentice. Besides, my apprentice and I will keep in touch - for both you girls."

"It was one of the later movies, well hopefully I will not be put on the serum long term then, but what do I do if I am? Just sit and wait to die?"
She asked fearfully.
"Because that really sucks."
He shook his head, "Should I for some reason not be able to turn away from that chain of events, we still know enough about what the serum does to... well, brain surgery is not a pleasant notion to begin with, but it beats the alternative. It will be tricky, but there will be time to prepare - to avoid lasting damage."

"You and me both, and if it don't I guess you are going to have to bring a bucket."
The young woman muttered wryly.
"In fourthly five minutes right? I will be here I doubt I will be allowed to go anywhere else."
He nodded, "Worst case scenario, we bring a bucket... and probably a little less than 45 by now. But i trust Dr. Horton to be able to settle your stomach. Good day for now."
He gave the ladies a quick bow, and headed upstairs, finishing the mug of tea on the way and placing it back in the cafeteria before hurrying up to the attic.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 am

"Mostly science fiction and fantasy."
Kyle said and nodded towards the stack of books on the chair by his bed.
"What about you what books do you like?"

"Fantasy, all the way." Serge said with a smile. "Harry Potter, The Dresden Files, and stuff like that we're always my favorite. I also enjoy the occasional mystery novel. The old Sherlock Homes novels were always quite fun."

"True enough, we need to keep our heads in good shape and dreaming is good but if we are not aware of our surroundings it gets easier for an enemy to sneak up on us, or so my dad says."
Kyle muttered and looked down.
"And besides my daydreams are not always...well not always the thing one should go around and think about."

"Yeah, the enemy would have a really easy time sneaking up on me." Serge revealed. "I'm...not exactly the greatest when it comes to paying attention to my surroundings."

"What is an interesting experience, watching someone get a shot of some goop that burns like you would not believe and then see them puke their guts out? I mean no offense man but that is a little bit weird."
The young widderslainte said and raised an eyebrow.

"I meant being a part of the Cult of Ecstasy." Serge corrected. "You mentioned that we do our magick using an altered state of mind right. Well the ways to achieve that altered state of mind varies from cultists to cultist. Drugs, meditation, getting naked and yelling obscenities at people." Serge said shaking his head to try and get rid of that mental image.  "My mentor told me that the one thing that remains constant about the cult of Ecstasy is that their unpredictable."

"Well we are mages both of us, we wield amazing power in our real lives...but yeah I get you computer games are fun, it is a way to get away from the problems of real life for a little while at least."
"I had a handheld with me when I was captured but they took it, I guess they are worried I am going to smash it and cut my wrists with it or something."

"At least reality doesn't bitch slap you in games if you do something too extreme." Serge said with a slight chuckle, referring to paradox.

"What games did you play? It may be obvious but I've always been fond of RPG's. Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and stuff like that."

"It can be boring if the teachers are not good but I enjoyed being with others my age, feel normal if just for a moment. I am pretty good with math and history. I enjoyed learning about that I guess."

"I liked history. It told the most interesting stories of the past." Serge said. "And you might of guessed it but art class was where I always shined. It gave me a good chance to be creative at school. Hated Gym class though. I was not the most physically fit kid so I never got good grades in that class."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:57 am

Colin:

He frowned, "No, it's hard to say whether she notices... poor girl. It seems nothing right has been done for her in this life..."

"No her lot have not been a good one and now, well you know what will happen to her."
"And she will be alone and friendless through the trial...and the waiting and then...the end of if and unless she choose to die, which she probably will, she will be alone and tossed aside afterwards as well."
She muttered softly so Matty would not hear her.

He scratched his ear, "I... don't remember any slimes in Final Fantasy, I'm afraid..."

"They are usually pretty early on...well in either case you get my point right, of what that serum look like..."
Allison grumbled.

He nodded, "I've got faith in the man. He'll have seen a very wide variety of ailments; nausea, whatever the cause, should be treatable."

"Yeah hopefully that should not be a problem for him to fix...hopefully."
She muttered miserably.

He nodded, "Well, it gets better in that I am taking action to break away from that timeline. No extended stay on the serum should mean no stroke, and should mean you get to enjoy a long life in the Order."

"Shit I hope you are right and that you can pull that off then."

He smiled, "She's a hardy old dear, and plans to retire with a vast number of cats after teaching one more apprentice. Besides, my apprentice and I will keep in touch - for both you girls."

"I...guess I could try it out...see if I could get along with her I mean...it could be nice."
Allison said hesitantly as she glanced up at you.
"And having a few friends is not to bad either."
She added and smiled.

He shook his head, "Should I for some reason not be able to turn away from that chain of events, we still know enough about what the serum does to... well, brain surgery is not a pleasant notion to begin with, but it beats the alternative. It will be tricky, but there will be time to prepare - to avoid lasting damage."

"Oh great that just fulls me with confidence, I would love to have someone dig around in my brain."
Allison grumbled.
"So unless you can change this my future prospects are who knows how long without magick feeling like crap and then brain surgery or death...wonderful...just plain wonderful."
She muttered angrily and clearly she was terrified.

He nodded, "Worst case scenario, we bring a bucket... and probably a little less than 45 by now. But i trust Dr. Horton to be able to settle your stomach. Good day for now."

"I hope that he will and yeah whenever you get back I will be here I guess...have a good ehm...time fuckery thing."

He gave the ladies a quick bow, and headed upstairs, finishing the mug of tea on the way and placing it back in the cafeteria before hurrying up to the attic.

Allison glace up at you as she bent over her bucket. Betty patted her back comfortingly but returned you bow. You got up to the attic, Adley where sitting by the window and Crexia was sitting in a chair sewing. The room was small, with one bed, a table, bookshelf, a few chairs, a chest and a desk, there was a door to a small bathroom of to the side, the basket of supplies was on the bed and also some sleeping bags. Crexia looked up and nodded to you. Shortly after your arrival Udella came into the room as well nodding to all of you. Crexia paused over her embroidery.
"Well then since we are all here, is there anything else anyone need to do before I cast this spell?"

Serge:

"Fantasy, all the way." Serge said with a smile. "Harry Potter, The Dresden Files, and stuff like that we're always my favorite. I also enjoy the occasional mystery novel. The old Sherlock Homes novels were always quite fun."

"Yeah I have read those series, I am most found of medieval fantasy though, even if my father found one of them to scare me shitless with as a kid. Mystery novels can be fun as well. I also love science fiction with spaceships and strange technology and such."
Kyle said and he smiled a little now.
"I am reading a book now about this guy who is a zero gravity boxer."
He said and pointed to the book on top of the stack of books by his bed.

"Yeah, the enemy would have a really easy time sneaking up on me." Serge revealed. "I'm...not exactly the greatest when it comes to paying attention to my surroundings."

"That can be dangerous, at least for you there is one less faction out to get you, but there is still the Technocracy and the Nephandi you do not want them sneaking up on you."
The kid said in a serious tone of voice.
"My dad taught me how to recognize trouble and get out of it...well considering where I currently am I apparently failed at that so perhaps I should not lecture about it."
He said and sigh.

"I meant being a part of the Cult of Ecstasy." Serge corrected. "You mentioned that we do our magick using an altered state of mind right. Well the ways to achieve that altered state of mind varies from cultists to cultist. Drugs, meditation, getting naked and yelling obscenities at people." Serge said shaking his head to try and get rid of that mental image. "My mentor told me that the one thing that remains constant about the cult of Ecstasy is that their unpredictable."

"Yeah i do not know that much about your Tradition only that you work with altered states of consciousness...I guess you use your drawings then? I guess that is a fun way to use magick."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I use words and hand gestures mostly and a structured mind and will, so I guess that is sort of the opposite."

"At least reality doesn't bitch slap you in games if you do something too extreme." Serge said with a slight chuckle, referring to paradox.

"That is true it so not do that, however in a game you can only play by the game's rules, if you go beyond those it crashes so in a way that is the same thing. We know how to go beyond the bonderies of the game and the shit that happens when we do...those are the glitches."
Kyle said and smiled a little.

"What games did you play? It may be obvious but I've always been fond of RPG's. Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and stuff like that."

"Most types of games other than sports games really. I like the RPGs, puzzle games, shooters. I guess my favorite are racing games but I like most kinds of games."

"I liked history. It told the most interesting stories of the past." Serge said. "And you might of guessed it but art class was where I always shined. It gave me a good chance to be creative at school. Hated Gym class though. I was not the most physically fit kid so I never got good grades in that class."

"I was never to fond of gym class either it seams to sort of miss the mark, I mean you have all sorts of sports in school for those who want to be competitive you would think gym would be about teaching kids to enjoy being physically active but generally it do the opposite with just allot of jumping though hoops. I mean I enjoy running but I am no good at allot of that stuff and it is just a pain."
Kyle said and gave a discontent frown.
"But yeah art class could be fun, I was never the best at it but it is fun."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 am

"No her lot have not been a good one and now, well you know what will happen to her."
"And she will be alone and friendless through the trial...and the waiting and then...the end of if and unless she choose to die, which she probably will, she will be alone and tossed aside afterwards as well."
She muttered softly so Matty would not hear her.
He frowned, "Perhaps not entirely alone and friendless... Depends a lot on her lawyer. And I might be there; at least one face in the crowd that doesn't hate her..."

"They are usually pretty early on...well in either case you get my point right, of what that serum look like..."
Allison grumbled.
He scratched his neck, "I'm afraid I only ever played the first one... I think the second was released after I got shot down in Iraq, actually, and I didn't find much time for console games after that. But yes, I do get your point."

"Shit I hope you are right and that you can pull that off then."
He nodded, "For your sake, and Anna's. Paradox be damned."

"I...guess I could try it out...see if I could get along with her I mean...it could be nice."
Allison said hesitantly as she glanced up at you.
"And having a few friends is not to bad either."
She added and smiled.
He smiled, "I'm sure it will be some amount of blood, sweat and tears, in a manner of speaking... but yes, it will most likely be nice, most of the time."

"Oh great that just fulls me with confidence, I would love to have someone dig around in my brain."
Allison grumbled.
"So unless you can change this my future prospects are who knows how long without magick feeling like crap and then brain surgery or death...wonderful...just plain wonderful."
She muttered angrily and clearly she was terrified.
He nodded, "It's not ideal, but... it's still far better than simply relying on the mercy of the Council of Nine alone."

"I hope that he will and yeah whenever you get back I will be here I guess...have a good ehm...time fuckery thing."
He chuckled, "Time fuckery is what my future self has been doing; sending messages back in time once I learn how. This... is just a bubble where time passes quicker than in the surrounding area. I've been in a few of those - suffice to say, it's been a long two weeks this past week..."

Allison glace up at you as she bent over her bucket. Betty patted her back comfortingly but returned you bow. You got up to the attic, Adley where sitting by the window and Crexia was sitting in a chair sewing. The room was small, with one bed, a table, bookshelf, a few chairs, a chest and a desk, there was a door to a small bathroom of to the side, the basket of supplies was on the bed and also some sleeping bags. Crexia looked up and nodded to you. Shortly after your arrival Udella came into the room as well nodding to all of you. Crexia paused over her embroidery.
"Well then since we are all here, is there anything else anyone need to do before I cast this spell?"
He nodded to Crexia, "Yes... Injection first, I think; if I'm going to risk losing my last meal from the induced nausea, I would much prefer to be able to flush it. If you would give me a few moments?"

He stepped into the bathroom, quickly measured up the dose, steeled himself, and swiftly jabbed the needle into his own thigh muscle, slowly injecting the serum and pressing the ice pack against the puncture wound as soon as the needle came out, "Oh, you motherless son of a fatherless goat, that's... quite painful..."

((OOC: I'm thinking Stamina+Wits to keep the nausea at bay? 2,3,4,5,9,0... does the last meal remain intact? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:04 am

"I am reading a book now about this guy who is a zero gravity boxer."
He said and pointed to the book on top of the stack of books by his bed.

"Man that sounds awesome." Serge said enthusiastically. "A Zero gravity boxer....damn, imagine how the fights are like. How do they move? Do they have like cool devices that let them move in zero gravity?"

"That can be dangerous, at least for you there is one less faction out to get you, but there is still the Technocracy and the Nephandi you do not want them sneaking up on you."
The kid said in a serious tone of voice.

"My dad taught me how to recognize trouble and get out of it...well considering where I currently am I apparently failed at that so perhaps I should not lecture about it."
He said and sigh.

"Yeah it is dangerous isn't it." Serge said thinking about how lucky he had been in his life. "My mentor told me the same thing but I didn't really listen. I dunno I guess I never needed to pay attention to my surroundings because I always had a sense of when something will go wrong. You ever get that? Like a tingly sense whenever something bad will happen. Whenever I got that I just looked around and I could tell who had ill-feeling towards me. Then I just ran like hell because I'm no fighter."

"Yeah i do not know that much about your Tradition only that you work with altered states of consciousness...I guess you use your drawings then? I guess that is a fun way to use magick."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I use words and hand gestures mostly and a structured mind and will, so I guess that is sort of the opposite."

Serge chuckled slightly before saying, "You got me. Yeah I use my drawings to achieve my altered state of mind. I let my imagination flow onto the page and then into reality. Of course it kinda sucks that I need to draw something every time I wanna use my magick. That's why I have all these pictures in reserve."

Serge paused to flip quickly through the many art-filled pages of his sketchbook.

"It helps speed up the process. You know I also learned to use language in my magick as well. But typically it's just me drawing arcane runes and silly pictures onto a page."

"That is true it so not do that, however in a game you can only play by the game's rules, if you go beyond those it crashes so in a way that is the same thing. We know how to go beyond the bonderies of the game and the shit that happens when we do...those are the glitches."
Kyle said and smiled a little.

"That's true." Serge said returning the smile. "Although I prefer to think of it as painting a new layer over reality. Making it just a bit more interesting."

"Most types of games other than sports games really. I like the RPGs, puzzle games, shooters. I guess my favorite are racing games but I like most kinds of games."

"I could never understand the appeal of racing games. Like, your just driving a car from one end of the track to the other. Their's nothing really great about your car. No special magical abilities. Although I do like mario kart for their fun power-ups." Serge said eager to get Kyle to talk about a less stressful subject.

"I was never to fond of gym class either it seams to sort of miss the mark, I mean you have all sorts of sports in school for those who want to be competitive you would think gym would be about teaching kids to enjoy being physically active but generally it do the opposite with just allot of jumping though hoops. I mean I enjoy running but I am no good at allot of that stuff and it is just a pain."
Kyle said and gave a discontent frown.

"Did you ever join your school track team?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:11 am

You got up to the attic, Adley where sitting by the window and Crexia was sitting in a chair sewing. The room was small, with one bed, a table, bookshelf, a few chairs, a chest and a desk, there was a door to a small bathroom of to the side, the basket of supplies was on the bed and also some sleeping bags. Crexia looked up and nodded to you. Shortly after your arrival Udella came into the room as well nodding to all of you. Crexia paused over her embroidery. "Well then since we are all here, is there anything else anyone need to do before I cast this spell?"
He nodded to Crexia, "Yes... Injection first, I think; if I'm going to risk losing my last meal from the induced nausea, I would much prefer to be able to flush it. If you would give me a few moments?"

As he heard the door and their voices, he opened his eyes and got up from where he was sitting on the floor and gave a nod to Udella and Colin. "Amicus, I'm not entirely clear if you need me to do anything to help you with your experiment, aside from be here just in case you need some assistance and to provide a witness to the effects. But if there was anything in particular you need me to do, please let me know. Other than that, I assume once the bubble is secure and closed I can catch up and we can discuss things, finally."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next