Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 20 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:53 pm

"Perhaps I do that that, amicus," he said with a smile. "If you don't wish the pine cone back right now, I'm putting it away for now, just let me know..." he said. "It seems that /particular/ crisis has passed though."
Colin shrugged, "Your pocket is as safe as mine, I guess."
He grinned wryly, "Though, your climb to get it was a lot harder than my picking it up from the floor; you've earned holding on to it, if you like."

"Salve," he said as way of good morning, as he felt his avatar regarding him, a moment of happiness. He squirmed out of the sleeping back, lay on top of it and stretched before he sat up. He gave a jaw-cracking yawn and glanced around. Nope, not camping...not Boy Scouts, not Steelhaven. Morningstar, home away from home. Former home, even.
He smacked his lips dryly, "Mm, Salve..."

He frowned at his friend and then tracked his attention down to the bruise, which was formidable enough. "It looks like you got hit with a golf ball. That doesn't sound pleasant, do you think some water would help?" He stood up to go fetch a canteen. "Well, tea has water in it," he said with a tilt of his head as he looked for the basket.
He frowned, gently tracing a fingertip around the edge of the bruise, "Well, I'm fairly sure some water and a washcloth won't hurt it further... that was a pretty damn big needle I used."

Crexia had the basket and she handed you a bright purple canteen with water.
"Here Sodalis, tea do have water in it but just some fresh water might help your Cabalmate."
The lich said.
"Not that I remember much of what it was like to have such needs."
He glanced up at Crexia, "You know... I'm planning on a Christmas gift for a vampire: a stone with a permanent tea flavour... I've noticed you neither eat nor drink, but would perhaps something like that be enjoyable to you? A small... reminder of the simple pleasures of life?"

"So she is, she always makes visiting Morningstar such a delight."
Udella said as she reached for the teapot and made it start boiling with a few elegant hand gestures.
"Herbal tea or the more classical black tea Mr Wainwright?"
She asked as she heated the water.
He grinned, "Black, please - I think I need the little jolt of caffeine."

"As you wish my friend."
Udella said.
"Hum...I think my client got cortisone injections as well to try to manage the inflammations but he had to stop on them for apparently they where quite painful and we found a skilled healer that was able to help him with her herbs and blood rituals."
The Enforcer said and Crexia nodded.
"Chantry Lavender have a Progenitor turned Cultist of Ecstasy who use building muscles and excising as his tools for magick, most impractical I say but whatever works eh? He where using where are they called...steroids? I overheard him and Miss Piti discussing it and the volume of the injections got to be a problem and created inflammations and he had to have a series of cortisone injections to deal with it, apparently that put him off using those steroids again...and he got berated by Miss Piti for ever trying. And before you wonder no I did not spy on the two Cultists I overheard them by accident as they where sitting at the same table as me during lunch a few months ago while they visited Morningstar and I just happened to remember the conversation."
Crexia said as she put plates, glasses and cutlery on the table.
He nodded, "Repeat injections... well, I suppose they are about as healthy in the long run as any repeated stabbing. And there's only so much stretching the muscles can tolerate before they start protesting..."

Crexia handed you the basket so you could help out with placing food on the table and getting things ready.
"I did find out some things...I do not think that the serum was made from a failed lichdom potion I think it was made...from a lich, the original batch at least, I have established an list of ingredients though the Etherites that make the stuff for us already have that...anything more than that I will have to do in a lab..."
She commented and frowned.
He frowned, "That's... actually even more disturbing. Though I suppose that does suggest the serum and your, ah, potion won't interact violently, at least..."

((OOC: Hum... Ah, is it this one, perhaps? https://soundcloud.com/vibe-yourself/ariva-feat-dradji-mutant-fungus-original-mix ))

((OOC: Well, so long as you don't try the method of Dr. Evan "Gashes" Malloy - the inventor of the feline suppository. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 20 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 pm

"Hum...tell you what Mr Yager, if you inform me why Master Morgan would send someone who is a new member at his Chantry, if I am not mistaken, to decipher young Miss Lopes' drawing instead of someone he have known and trusted for years and I might decide that trusting you with at least some of the information is worth the risk."
He said as his light brown eyes scrutinized you.

"When he received the scan of the drawing, I was called in to decipher the drawing due to my experience with artwork and its uses in magick." Serge began to explain.

"You see, my drawings are my primary way of using magick. Serge informed the Security Chief glancing down at the skethbook that was tucked underneath his arms.

"I suppose it was only natural that he called me in to decipher them. When I figured out that the picture was a warning for an attack he immediately went to check on our defenses and asked if I would go to Chicago to talk with Meg and try and get more information about the drawing." Serge said realizing how strange it was that Master Morgan entrusted him with such a task in the first place.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:35 pm

He frowned, gently tracing a fingertip around the edge of the bruise, "Well, I'm fairly sure some water and a washcloth won't hurt it further... that was a pretty damn big needle I used."

"Mirri did pack some toiletries they are in the bottom of the basket, just some basic items but you might find want you need."
Crexia said and handed the basket the food had been in over once she and Adley was done putting the breakfast on the table. In the bottom where wet wipes, tooth brushes, deodorant and a few other items usable for cleaning up when trapped in a time bubble.
"Dos it hurt Mr Wainwright?"
Udella asked and nodded towards the bruise.

He glanced up at Crexia, "You know... I'm planning on a Christmas gift for a vampire: a stone with a permanent tea flavour... I've noticed you neither eat nor drink, but would perhaps something like that be enjoyable to you? A small... reminder of the simple pleasures of life?"

Crexia smiled a little.
"Yes...Mr Wainwright it might, unlike a Massassa I can eat, it just seam wasteful since it will eventually will have to come back up, I do not get violently sick like one of those unfortunate souls would, but yes, something like the stone you describe would be...a comfort."
She said and smiled softly.
"Not that I would want to trouble you."

He grinned, "Black, please - I think I need the little jolt of caffeine."

"Yes that might be a good idea indeed."
Udella said as she added the tea to a pot and poured the hot water over it and set it to steep as she begun braiding her hair again and then wove it into a bun at the nape of her neck and secured it with two U shaped, steel pins.
"It should be ready soon."

He nodded, "Repeat injections... well, I suppose they are about as healthy in the long run as any repeated stabbing. And there's only so much stretching the muscles can tolerate before they start protesting..."

"Yes I do think the Progenitor turncoat figured out as much...the hard way but yes that do apply to this serum as well, it is not suited for long term use but then we already suspected as much with the brain injuries you say they cause."
Crexia said and sigh.
"Muscle issues are a minor concern compared to that."

He frowned, "That's... actually even more disturbing. Though I suppose that does suggest the serum and your, ah, potion won't interact violently, at least..."

"No the potion in my veins and this serum will not interact badly, it should all be fine in that regard, this whole thing do worry me though, where have the union gotten their hands on one of my kind to make the foul thing?"
The old Tytalus said as she stood and held the bottle of serum out to you.
"Well you should hold on to this Mr Wainwright until further studies can be done on it."

Serge:

"When he received the scan of the drawing, I was called in to decipher the drawing due to my experience with artwork and its uses in magick." Serge began to explain.

Joakim nodded as he listened to you.
"I see so you use drawn art in your practice? Well that would explain why Master Morgan sent you..."

"My drawings are my primary way of using magick. I suppose it was only natural that he called me in to decipher them. When I figured out that the picture was a warning for an attack he immediately went to check on our defenses and asked if I would go to Chicago to talk with Meg and try and get more information about the drawing." Serge said realizing how strange it was that Master Morgan entrusted him with such a task in the first place.

"Very well Mr Yager your explanation would explain why you specifically where sent here, I can at least tell you some of what we have found out. Two Labyrinths, one lead by a woman named Lisa Larson in Boston and the other lead by a woman named Abigail here in Chicago have been working together on some grand plan, how long they have been plotting this I do not know however from various prisoners and other sources of information it is clear that what they are trying to accomplish is a ritual by which one of the Aswadim are summoned and then controlled. While the Nephandi's Oracles visit them and as such are more active than our own in the physical world, they do not take part in the war, they only advice, to force an Oracle to act, Fallen or no...the result would be devastating."
The Hermetic hedge wizard drew a deep breath and continued his explanation.
"We know the ritual have something to do with Lisa Larson's Caul, created from the body and soul of her own child and that she needs her daughter, the Caul's sister and a skilled Chronomancer to strengthen the Caul so she can complete the ritual, it is also indicated she needs a widderslainte however for some reason she have been...Giglulling every widderslainte in her Labyrinth, we do not know why. We also know that Larson have mages in high standing on Horizon on her payroll but details around that I think I will keep for myself for now..."
He said.
"Do you have any specific questions young man?"

(OOC: No it is not the same song the one I think of was made by someone who call themselves Abhoth Spawn)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:16 pm

"Mirri did pack some toiletries they are in the bottom of the basket, just some basic items but you might find want you need."
Crexia said and handed the basket the food had been in over once she and Adley was done putting the breakfast on the table. In the bottom where wet wipes, tooth brushes, deodorant and a few other items usable for cleaning up when trapped in a time bubble.
"Dos it hurt Mr Wainwright?"
Udella asked and nodded towards the bruise.
Colin shrugged, "Mostly, it feels like any bruise of that size - a bit tender, but not really painful unless I press against it."

Crexia smiled a little.
"Yes...Mr Wainwright it might, unlike a Massassa I can eat, it just seam wasteful since it will eventually will have to come back up, I do not get violently sick like one of those unfortunate souls would, but yes, something like the stone you describe would be...a comfort."
She said and smiled softly.
"Not that I would want to trouble you."
He smiled wryly, "I'm sure there's little added complexity in commissioning more than one stone at the same time..."

"Yes I do think the Progenitor turncoat figured out as much...the hard way but yes that do apply to this serum as well, it is not suited for long term use but then we already suspected as much with the brain injuries you say they cause."
Crexia said and sigh.
"Muscle issues are a minor concern compared to that."
He nodded, "I do hope we can save his life, and get that Primium out quickly... A mind is a terrible thing to lose."

"No the potion in my veins and this serum will not interact badly, it should all be fine in that regard, this whole thing do worry me though, where have the union gotten their hands on one of my kind to make the foul thing?"
The old Tytalus said as she stood and held the bottle of serum out to you.
"Well you should hold on to this Mr Wainwright until further studies can be done on it."
He frowned, accepting the little bottle back, "Right, you have a couple more vials in your pocket realm, don't you? As for where the Union got their hands on a Hermetic Lich... as i understand it, the path to Lichdom requires severing personal ties, does it not? It would... be all to easy for someone who had not yet made new connections after their ritual to be snatched up without anyone noticing..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Anja's Post:

The large woman gave a nod and a tiny half-smile to this behind her coffee cup. 'Did the previous owner of the ship leave any materials on it here? Diagrams, notes, that kind of thing? It will be quicker for me to grasp it's systems if there is.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:52 pm

"That I do not know, I have not had a chance to visit the ship I just recently got news of the man I inherited it from, my Cabalmate's passing and with the current Nephandi activity that I do not know if you have been informed about I have not been able to go to the Umbral Port and inspect the ship yet, all I know is that it is in working order for now."
Jeffry said and leaned back in his chair.
"There might be such documents to be found in the ship though when it is examined."

(OOC: I did not see your post Warp I am replying to it now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:03 pm

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "Mostly, it feels like any bruise of that size - a bit tender, but not really painful unless I press against it."

Udella nodded though she still seamed concerned the way a old aunt would be for a favorite nephew as she poured you a cup of tea and handed it to you.
"I see well that is good, for now though have some tea...would you want some sugar or cream with that?"
She said and gave you a kind smile.

He smiled wryly, "I'm sure there's little added complexity in commissioning more than one stone at the same time..."

"Well in that case...such a stone would be most welcome Mr Wainwright, and off course I will repay the favor."
Crexia said and she smiled warmly.
"Well then, the food is on the table, all three of you look like you could use a decent meal."

He nodded, "I do hope we can save his life, and get that Primium out quickly... A mind is a terrible thing to lose."

"The honored Quesitor's client I assume for the Progenitor turncoat or rather Cultist I should say that I spoke of is quite healthy, stupid but healthy."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"Yes I would rather die than loose my mind..."
She muttered and frowned.

He frowned, accepting the little bottle back, "Right, you have a couple more vials in your pocket realm, don't you?

"I do and one of them I will keep for research purposes if that is quite alright with you."

As for where the Union got their hands on a Hermetic Lich... as i understand it, the path to Lichdom requires severing personal ties, does it not? It would... be all to easy for someone who had not yet made new connections after their ritual to be snatched up without anyone noticing..."

"That is correct part of the ritual involves severing every personal tie you have, every friendship, the relationship with your teacher or sleeper family everyone...is it a lonely path and I suppose you are right it would be easy to make such a person disrepair as right after the lichdom ritual was completed there would be no one to miss you..."
Crexia said and there was sadness in her voice and she looked at the static display of frozen time in the window for a moment to gather her emotions and make sure no one noticed her moment of regret, well try to make sure no one noticed, the old Tytalus did not like showing weakness.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Udella nodded though she still seamed concerned the way a old aunt would be for a favorite nephew as she poured you a cup of tea and handed it to you.
"I see well that is good, for now though have some tea...would you want some sugar or cream with that?"
She said and gave you a kind smile.
Colin smiled, "Ah, both, please..."

"Well in that case...such a stone would be most welcome Mr Wainwright, and off course I will repay the favor."
"Well then, the food is on the table, all three of you look like you could use a decent meal."
He smiled apologetically, "Yes, the benefits of mortality, I suppose - we can enjoy the food that sustains us..."

"The honored Quesitor's client I assume for the Progenitor turncoat or rather Cultist I should say that I spoke of is quite healthy, stupid but healthy."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"Yes I would rather die than loose my mind..."
She muttered and frowned.
He nodded, "Ah, yes, I was concerned for the former Progenitor. The Cultist, well... I would be concerned for him, too, but it would seem his, ah, methods of seeking enlightenment were in spite of common sense and medical warnings, so... I suppose we all have our limits after all..."

"I do and one of them I will keep for research purposes if that is quite alright with you."
He nodded, "I would say keep the lot - but I think we might need some for the Labyrinth assault in Boston; while it is improper to use for keeping prisoners, it does seem safe enough for taking prisoners... But yes, you are quite welcome to at least one vial. Not, of course, that I could stop you if you decided to keep one anyway... not that that is an important distinction, though."

"That is correct part of the ritual involves severing every personal tie you have, every friendship, the relationship with your teacher or sleeper family everyone...is it a lonely path and I suppose you are right it would be easy to make such a person disrepair as right after the lichdom ritual was completed there would be no one to miss you..."
Crexia said and there was sadness in her voice and she looked at the static display of frozen time in the window for a moment to gather her emotions and make sure no one noticed her moment of regret, well try to make sure no one noticed, the old Tytalus did not like showing weakness.
He looked up at the window for a moment, catching the tone in her voice, and replied softly, "You know, after losing everyone like that, after cutting oneself off from everyone one knew... it takes remarkable strength and courage to rebuild everything, knowing that everyone else will age before your eyes... I'm not sure I would have the strength for that, myself..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:09 am

"Very well Mr Yager your explanation would explain why you specifically where sent here, I can at least tell you some of what we have found out. Two Labyrinths, one lead by a woman named Lisa Larson in Boston and the other lead by a woman named Abigail here in Chicago have been working together on some grand plan, how long they have been plotting this I do not know however from various prisoners and other sources of information it is clear that what they are trying to accomplish is a ritual by which one of the Aswadim are summoned and then controlled. While the Nephandi's Oracles visit them and as such are more active than our own in the physical world, they do not take part in the war, they only advice, to force an Oracle to act, Fallen or no...the result would be devastating."

"That explains the second drawing that I got from Meg." Serge realized. "In that picture three women are offering a king a key but they have chains and shackles behind their backs. That seems to cooperate with what you just told me. In fact that confirms a lot of things for me. The trap that these women are planning is for the Aswadim. I still want to know what exactly that brass key is for..."

The Hermetic hedge wizard drew a deep breath and continued his explanation.
"We know the ritual have something to do with Lisa Larson's Caul, created from the body and soul of her own child and that she needs her daughter, the Caul's sister and a skilled Chronomancer to strengthen the Caul so she can complete the ritual, it is also indicated she needs a widderslainte however for some reason she have been...Giglulling every widderslainte in her Labyrinth, we do not know why. We also know that Larson have mages in high standing on Horizon on her payroll but details around that I think I will keep for myself for now..."
He said.
"Do you have any specific questions young man?"

"Yeah, can you think of three women that could be represented in this picture?" Serge asked pointing towards the three women dancing in the original picture. "If they represent actual people, I would assume Lisa is one of them and Abigail may be another but I can't think of a third."

"Also does Master Morgan know about all of this? Would it be all right if I told him?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:30 am

Colin shrugged, "Your pocket is as safe as mine, I guess." He grinned wryly, "Though, your climb to get it was a lot harder than my picking it up from the floor; you've earned holding on to it, if you like."
"You found it, Freddy gave you instructions on it, I don't want to mess that up," he said. "Besides, if it weren't for you I wouldn'tve been able to get up the tree at all. Or remembered...."
The tablet is about the size of a A5 book but only 2 cm thick, it is probably best put in a backpack or bag though it could fit is a very big pocket.
He tried to fit it in one of his pockets but it seemed rather awkward. "I'm going to have to make a carrier for it, or something," he said to himself.
He smacked his lips dryly, "Mm, Salve..."
"Salve Sodalis."
Crexia said and smiled, it seamed the old maga was busy getting breakfast set up.
"Good morning Mr Roth Hicks."
Udella said, the Enforcer where making tea, her silver white hair loose and spreading on the floor when she sat hunched over the teapot.
"There will soon be tea if you would like some but we have some instant coffee as well if you prefer."
"Coffee for me, please," he said.
Crexia had the basket and she handed you a bright purple canteen with water.
"Here Sodalis, tea do have water in it but just some fresh water might help your Cabalmate."
The lich said.
"Not that I remember much of what it was like to have such needs."
He nodded and took the canteen and a mug and poured some of the water out, handing it to Colin. "Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
He finished putting everything out, including cutlery in such a way that showed at some point he was used to having set an informal table for more than just himself in the past. Then he took a seat, glancing at the basket and waiting for the others to pick up their food first before taking a plate and starting to put food on. "She did? Wonderful, it's those basic items that I find myself missing the most. Like my toothbrush."
"I did find out some things...I do not think that the serum was made from a failed lichdom potion I think it was made...from a lich, the original batch at least, I have established an list of ingredients though the Etherites that make the stuff for us already have that...anything more than that I will have to do in a lab..."
He made a face. "That does put an even darker spin on it, doesn't it?"
He frowned, accepting the little bottle back, "Right, you have a couple more vials in your pocket realm, don't you? As for where the Union got their hands on a Hermetic Lich... as i understand it, the path to Lichdom requires severing personal ties, does it not? It would... be all to easy for someone who had not yet made new connections after their ritual to be snatched up without anyone noticing..."
"That is correct part of the ritual involves severing every personal tie you have, every friendship, the relationship with your teacher or sleeper family everyone...is it a lonely path and I suppose you are right it would be easy to make such a person disrepair as right after the lichdom ritual was completed there would be no one to miss you..." Crexia said and there was sadness in her voice and she looked at the static display of frozen time in the window for a moment to gather her emotions and make sure no one noticed her moment of regret, well try to make sure no one noticed, the old Tytalus did not like showing weakness.Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 20 Empty
He looked up at the window for a moment, catching the tone in her voice, and replied softly, "You know, after losing everyone like that, after cutting oneself off from everyone one knew... it takes remarkable strength and courage to rebuild everything, knowing that everyone else will age before your eyes... I'm not sure I would have the strength for that, myself..."
"Be that as it may," he said after a long moment to let Colin's words settle, "how would the Technocracy know who to pick? If you are talking about someone powerful enough to do this ritual, they would have had to watch them for some while. Worrying. There cannot have been too many of us lately that have performed it...every little bit we get leads to ten more questions." He shook his head. "Well, we'd best set our minds to our current problems, for now..." He began to eat his food and have his coffee, part of his mind still mulling over things, turning them over as if to figure out where they fit together.

// and I'm back, and had a good time ^_^

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:37 am

Colin and Adley:

Colin smiled, "Ah, both, please..."

Udella smiled and added a bit of cream and sugar to your teacup and handed it back to you, then she turned to Adley.
"What about you Mr Roth Hicks would you like some tea?"
She asked.

He smiled apologetically, "Yes, the benefits of mortality, I suppose - we can enjoy the food that sustains us..."

"Yes there is a reason why not many choose to become a lich Mr Wainwright it's immortality comes with many costs."
Crexia said softly.

He nodded, "Ah, yes, I was concerned for the former Progenitor. The Cultist, well... I would be concerned for him, too, but it would seem his, ah, methods of seeking enlightenment were in spite of common sense and medical warnings, so... I suppose we all have our limits after all..."

"This is an adult man, who make his own choices, and while I might not agree with those choices I made myself into a walking corpse so I really can not judge what another do to their body now can I."
Crexia said with a slight smile.
"In any case whatever damage he do to his body is his own responsibility and while I wish him to harm I am more concerned with someone forced to take some poison that could kill them against their will."

He nodded, "I would say keep the lot - but I think we might need some for the Labyrinth assault in Boston; while it is improper to use for keeping prisoners, it does seem safe enough for taking prisoners...

"I will return the rest of the foul stuff to you when I have ended the time bubble."

But yes, you are quite welcome to at least one vial. Not, of course, that I could stop you if you decided to keep one anyway... not that that is an important distinction, though."

"You could not stop me if I decided to teleport you to the center of the sun Mr Wainwright that do not mean I have a right to do so, you claimed the vials they are yours so I will not be stealing your property I am not a thief."
The archmage said firmly.

Crexia smiled slightly and continued to gaze at the frozen window sadly.
"You praise me young man, but at times I am not sure if I have the strength I just have no choice, I can live like William our other lich, alone in a little hut behind the Chantry or I can do something with the sacrifices I have made, I am not going to let all the pain be for nothing."
She said and sigh.
"Well, ehm...sorry...ah yes breakfast is ready..."

He tried to fit it in one of his pockets but it seemed rather awkward. "I'm going to have to make a carrier for it, or something," he said to himself.

"I could get a smaller one for you if that would be more practical Mr Roth Hicks."
Crexia offered kindly.

"Coffee for me, please," he said.

Udella nodded she added insta coffee powder to a cup, then some water and muttered a few words in Latin to it to make it boil and once it had cooled down a bit she handed it to you.
"Off course Sodalis, would you like some cream and sugar with it?"

He finished putting everything out, including cutlery in such a way that showed at some point he was used to having set an informal table for more than just himself in the past. Then he took a seat, glancing at the basket and waiting for the others to pick up their food first before taking a plate and starting to put food on. "She did? Wonderful, it's those basic items that I find myself missing the most. Like my toothbrush."

"There are toothbrushes in there."
Udella said and she picked a sandwich and a hard boiled egg for herself as well as a cup of tea and sat down in one of the chairs.
"I have to admit I have always enjoyed just having a hard boiled egg like this with a bit of salt."
She said as she gently tapped the egg on the table a few times and begun to peel it. Crexia sat down next to Udella.
"Even if I do not eat I hope no one mind that I sit with you during the meal."
She asked politely.

"Yes it do indeed...though I am not sure what it means for those the serum are used on."
Crexia said and frowned.

"Be that as it may," he said after a long moment to let Colin's words settle, "how would the Technocracy know who to pick? If you are talking about someone powerful enough to do this ritual, they would have had to watch them for some while. Worrying. There cannot have been too many of us lately that have performed it...every little bit we get leads to ten more questions." He shook his head. "Well, we'd best set our minds to our current problems, for now..." He began to eat his food and have his coffee, part of his mind still mulling over things, turning them over as if to figure out where they fit together.

"There have never been many who choose to become a lich and even fewer once cooperation with the Traditions gave us proper Longavity potions that could extend life for more than two to three hundred years before sending you into final twilight...and there are fewer and fewer that walk this path, and that is for the best."
Crexia said and shook her head.
"I am a...very well done lich if I may be so arrogant as to say so myself, I look alive unless you touch me, most of my kind is much more like what you would find in some fantasy book, a walking corpse with little emotions, teetering on Clarity Quiet and concerned only with power."
The old Hermetic sigh and looked away.
"But yes capturing one of my kind would not be easy for the Union or anyone...and I do wonder how they did that, it do raise some questions for you have to be a Master in several Sphere if you want to use modern terminology to perform the ritual, Matter, Spirit and Prime to be precise as well as having high degrees of Life and Mind, and that is just to pull it off, unless taken right after the ritual when the new lich is weak and confused capturing such a mage is not easy."
She said and she wrinkled her nose at the name of the Spheres showing that the modern names had not been her choice nor where they her preference.

Serge:

"That explains the second drawing that I got from Meg." Serge realized. "In that picture three women are offering a king a key but they have chains and shackles behind their backs. That seems to cooperate with what you just told me. In fact that confirms a lot of things for me. The trap that these women are planning is for the Aswadim. I still want to know what exactly that brass key is for..."

"What the brass key is for young man I have no idea, however there have to be some plan in play, one do not simply capture an oracle and force him or her to play to your flute, these are beings of immense power I do wonder how Lisa Larson and her friends plan on making one follow her orders."
Joakim said and frowned.

"Yeah, can you think of three women that could be represented in this picture?" Serge asked pointing towards the three women dancing in the original picture. "If they represent actual people, I would assume Lisa is one of them and Abigail may be another but I can't think of a third."

"No I have no idea...Abigail is out of the picture if you excuse the pun Mr Yager she will not be doing allot of rituals anytime soon...one of the women might be Lisa Larson herself, and we know there are other powerful female Nephandi in her labyrinth, a second in command and a Hagalaz trap maker at least so that makes three but if that is them, that I don't know."

"Also does Master Morgan know about all of this? Would it be all right if I told him?" Serge asked.

"I was told by people from his Chantry sent by Master Morgan so yes he know and off course it is alright for you to discuss things with your own Deacon, but thank you for asking young man, I do appreciate the gesture."
Joakim said and he gave you a warm smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:15 am

Anja's Post:

'Only that they [the Fallen] have been active lately... and you discovered one at the secondary Node.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:26 am

"Well that is an accurate if somewhat short explanation, let us just say that there have been quite busy around here for the last few days."
Jeffry said and he looked very tired for a moment.
"In either case if you are interested in the job of maintaining the Umbral shuttle I can offer an apartment and membership in the Chantry, you will need to buy your own food and arrange what else you will need other than the small amount of Tass that we share...do we have a deal Miss Bouchard?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:27 am

"You found it, Freddy gave you instructions on it, I don't want to mess that up," he said. "Besides, if it weren't for you I wouldn'tve been able to get up the tree at all. Or remembered...."
Colin simply nodded and held out a hand, "Very well, then... Perhaps it will be a comfort to Beatrice when we return her fragments, too..."

He nodded and took the canteen and a mug and poured some of the water out, handing it to Colin. "Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
He smiled thinly and took the cup, along with the conveniences in the basket and retreated to the bathroom for a few moments, carefully washing off the bruise and making sure it was at least not getting worse. Then he quickly subjected himself to a quick wash and some deodorant, and neatly stacked the remaining supplies on the shelves by the sink.

"This is an adult man, who make his own choices, and while I might not agree with those choices I made myself into a walking corpse so I really can not judge what another do to their body now can I."
Crexia said with a slight smile.
"In any case whatever damage he do to his body is his own responsibility and while I wish him to harm I am more concerned with someone forced to take some poison that could kill them against their will."
He nodded thoughtfully, "You can hardly stop someone from doing stupid things of their own volition - but you can offer any necessary medical care afterwards. You can try to ameliorate the consequences they've earned, in the hopes that they've understood why their actions were unwise in the first place..."

"I will return the rest of the foul stuff to you when I have ended the time bubble."
He nodded, "Thank you... If you could be bothered to hold on to Anna's library and marble collection for another day or so, so I can get it moved to Boston without bringing an additional logistical complication onto a battlefield, though, that would be good."

"You could not stop me if I decided to teleport you to the center of the sun Mr Wainwright that do not mean I have a right to do so, you claimed the vials they are yours so I will not be stealing your property I am not a thief."
The archmage said firmly.
He smiled, "There is the important distinction - and no, I would not call you a thief, whether directly or indirectly. And I should prefer not to see the center of the sun; I have too delicate a complexion for that."

Crexia smiled slightly and continued to gaze at the frozen window sadly.
"You praise me young man, but at times I am not sure if I have the strength I just have no choice, I can live like William our other lich, alone in a little hut behind the Chantry or I can do something with the sacrifices I have made, I am not going to let all the pain be for nothing."
She said and sigh.
"Well, ehm...sorry...ah yes breakfast is ready..."
He nodded, "Ah, is William's existence truly living? Had he had someone like your Swan, it seems fairly likely he would have been more... vital, as well..."

He nodded thoughtfully.

"There have never been many who choose to become a lich and even fewer once cooperation with the Traditions gave us proper Longavity potions that could extend life for more than two to three hundred years before sending you into final twilight...and there are fewer and fewer that walk this path, and that is for the best."
Crexia said and shook her head.
"I am a...very well done lich if I may be so arrogant as to say so myself, I look alive unless you touch me, most of my kind is much more like what you would find in some fantasy book, a walking corpse with little emotions, teetering on Clarity Quiet and concerned only with power."
The old Hermetic sigh and looked away.
"But yes capturing one of my kind would not be easy for the Union or anyone...and I do wonder how they did that, it do raise some questions for you have to be a Master in several Sphere if you want to use modern terminology to perform the ritual, Matter, Spirit and Prime to be precise as well as having high degrees of Life and Mind, and that is just to pull it off, unless taken right after the ritual when the new lich is weak and confused capturing such a mage is not easy."
She said and she wrinkled her nose at the name of the Spheres showing that the modern names had not been her choice nor where they her preference.
He frowned, "It... may be that whichever Lich the Union got their hooks into joined them willingly, seeing a closer kinship with their Static ideology... It's an extremely unpleasant notion, but it seems depressingly plausible..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am

Anja's Post:

Another nod. 'Think we do.'

'What can you tell me about the Fallen here?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:58 am

Colin:

He smiled thinly and took the cup, along with the conveniences in the basket and retreated to the bathroom for a few moments, carefully washing off the bruise and making sure it was at least not getting worse. Then he quickly subjected himself to a quick wash and some deodorant, and neatly stacked the remaining supplies on the shelves by the sink.

The bathroom looked like it belonged to a little old lady with the pink floor tiles and dark pink sink and the way it looked like the room had not been redone in decades, the small bathroom was nice and clean though and you got yourself washed up.

He nodded thoughtfully, "You can hardly stop someone from doing stupid things of their own volition - but you can offer any necessary medical care afterwards. You can try to ameliorate the consequences they've earned, in the hopes that they've understood why their actions were unwise in the first place..."

"Very true, well for this man he have a Chantry and a Cabal to care for him as I hardly know him beyond being acquaintances, but yes even when someone do something painfully stupid one can try to offer some relief from the result."
Crexia said wryly.

He nodded, "Thank you... If you could be bothered to hold on to Anna's library and marble collection for another day or so, so I can get it moved to Boston without bringing an additional logistical complication onto a battlefield, though, that would be good."

"Off course it is no trouble for me to just leave the marbles and the books in my pocket realm."
The archmage agreed.
"I can have it delivered once your Chantry have dealt with Lisa Larson."

He smiled, "There is the important distinction - and no, I would not call you a thief, whether directly or indirectly. And I should prefer not to see the center of the sun; I have too delicate a complexion for that."

"Indeed there is the distinction."
Crexia agreed then she grinned.
"Well we would not want to ruin your complexion now would we."

He nodded, "Ah, is William's existence truly living? Had he had someone like your Swan, it seems fairly likely he would have been more... vital, as well..."

"No William can be said to truly be undead, he exist but he do not really live."
The archmage said then she smiled fondly.
"Yes...I believe you are right Mr Wainwright my Sawn do keep me vital...unfortunately I think William is to far gone to ever be tempted back by a meaningful relationship."
She said sadly.

He frowned, "It... may be that whichever Lich the Union got their hooks into joined them willingly, seeing a closer kinship with their Static ideology... It's an extremely unpleasant notion, but it seems depressingly plausible..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Well one need a great deal of alchemical knowledge to be able to manufacture a lichdom potion, and once the Solificati was a member of the Order of Reason, they where founding members actually one of the eight original Convention that signed the ledger at the Ivory Tower that started the whole headache the Union are today, it is possible a lich could have been attracted to that Tradition or have been recruited later due to our tendency to be static...though a lich would be to ehm Deviant for the Technocracy today I think but in the past the Order of Reason was far more spiritual."
She said and frowned.

Nicole:

Jeffry nodded.
"Good I will have someone show you to an apartment when we are done here."
He said but then his smile faded.
"Ah the Fallen well they have become far more active than they have been before and are planning something big..."
He said and he clearly where considering how much to tell you.
"And all out conflict with them have erupted over the last week...I am not going to lie the situation is quite dire."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Anja's Post:

The Scientist seemed to take this in her stride, so to speak; merely looked around at her surroundings for a moment and took another sip of coffee before replying.

'In that case, it might be a good idea to give me a full briefing now on the situation.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:43 pm

"I am terribly sorry Miss Bouchard but I do not know you nor do I know if I can trust you if you will permit me to be completely honest. I will however say what I feel I can safely."
Jeffry said and sipped his coffee.
"A little less than a week ago I lost contact with the guardian spirit of our secondary Node and I sent one of the Chantry's Cabals to examine the situation and try to figure out what was happening, they found a Nepandus dying in the Node and this lead us to launch an investigation which so far have shown that a fairly large Labyrinth in the area have become far more active. This Labyrinth is lead by a woman named Lisa Larson and she are planning a ritual that quite frankly could destroy this city, if not more if we do not stop her."
The old Hermetic said then he sigh.
"In addition there appear that there are another Labyrinth in Chicago allied with the one we got here and I have sent the same Cabal and a few others to help the magi there with...sorting out that situation."
He said as he regarded you he did not say anything more though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:04 pm

"Off course it is no trouble for me to just leave the marbles and the books in my pocket realm."
The archmage agreed.
"I can have it delivered once your Chantry have dealt with Lisa Larson."
Colin nodded with a smile, "I would appreciate that. Thank you."

"Indeed there is the distinction."
Crexia agreed then she grinned.
"Well we would not want to ruin your complexion now would we."
He grinned, "Considering what Freddy might do in retribution against us both, no, we would not..."

"No William can be said to truly be undead, he exist but he do not really live."
The archmage said then she smiled fondly.
"Yes...I believe you are right Mr Wainwright my Sawn do keep me vital...unfortunately I think William is to far gone to ever be tempted back by a meaningful relationship."
She said sadly.
He shrugged, "You never know; perhaps one is never too far gone, just unwilling or afraid to try..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Well one need a great deal of alchemical knowledge to be able to manufacture a lichdom potion, and once the Solificati was a member of the Order of Reason, they where founding members actually one of the eight original Convention that signed the ledger at the Ivory Tower that started the whole headache the Union are today, it is possible a lich could have been attracted to that Tradition or have been recruited later due to our tendency to be static...though a lich would be to ehm Deviant for the Technocracy today I think but in the past the Order of Reason was far more spiritual."
She said and frowned.
He frowned, "Whatever the circumstances, it's not good..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Colin nodded with a smile, "I would appreciate that. Thank you."

Crexia just nodded at that.

He grinned, "Considering what Freddy might do in retribution against us both, no, we would not..."

"Very true young young friend is a rather...determined lady."
The lich said and grinned.
"The type one would not want to make an enemy out of."

He shrugged, "You never know; perhaps one is never too far gone, just unwilling or afraid to try..."

"It is that unwillingness I am talking about Mr Wainwright...I fear that William is so deeply set in his ways he will never dare to even try."
She said and frowned.

He frowned, "Whatever the circumstances, it's not good..."

"No the implications are troubling however as we do not know if this is the case or where this individual is now speculation on it might be futile."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:57 pm

"What the brass key is for young man I have no idea, however there have to be some plan in play, one do not simply capture an oracle and force him or her to play to your flute, these are beings of immense power I do wonder how Lisa Larson and her friends plan on making one follow her orders."
Joakim said and frowned.

"If we can stop her from doing the ritual in the first place than we won't have to worry about that." Serge said with a sigh.

"But it still an interesting question. How do you get something that powerful to obey you? In that second picture that I mentioned, the king was sitting on top of a decrepit rotten chest full of snakes and other horrid things. That might represent secrets that the Aswadim want to keep hidden, although from what I've heard I doubt that blackmail is going to work on these guys. Although with a chest and a key, one would think that they plan on releasing whatever the Aswadim is trying to keep hidden."

"No I have no idea...Abigail is out of the picture if you excuse the pun Mr Yager she will not be doing allot of rituals anytime soon...one of the women might be Lisa Larson herself, and we know there are other powerful female Nephandi in her labyrinth, a second in command and a Hagalaz trap maker at least so that makes three but if that is them, that I don't know."

"Speaking of Abigail, I heard that she was in a coma. Did you manage to get any information from her? I apologize if I'm being too forwards and that kind of information is to sensitive for me to hear." Serge asked.

"I was told by people from his Chantry sent by Master Morgan so yes he know and off course it is alright for you to discuss things with your own Deacon, but thank you for asking young man, I do appreciate the gesture."
Joakim said and he gave you a warm smile.

"Thank you for all of the information that you have given me. I think I've gotten enough insight into the nature of this picture. I would've liked to have figured out how the exactly the Nephandi plan on invading Steelhaven but I'm already pushing my luck." Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave an appreciative nod to the Hermetic's comment; at least he was being honest. After listening, she gave Renee a little look, perhaps hoping she could translate.

'"Guardian spirit"? "Labyrinth"?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Serge:

"If we can stop her from doing the ritual in the first place than we won't have to worry about that." Serge said with a sigh.

"That is true and we can not afford not to stop her."
Joakim said and frowned.

"But it still an interesting question. How do you get something that powerful to obey you? In that second picture that I mentioned, the king was sitting on top of a decrepit rotten chest full of snakes and other horrid things. That might represent secrets that the Aswadim want to keep hidden, although from what I've heard I doubt that blackmail is going to work on these guys. Although with a chest and a key, one would think that they plan on releasing whatever the Aswadim is trying to keep hidden."

"I doubt that you could blackmail and Oracle, Fallen or not, as for the chest he was sitting on, yes I guess it could be something the Aswadim wanted to keep hidden but it could also be drawn as a symbol of what he is, a Fallen agent of decay itself."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
"It is hard to know for sure."

"Speaking of Abigail, I heard that she was in a coma. Did you manage to get any information from her? I apologize if I'm being too forwards and that kind of information is to sensitive for me to hear." Serge asked.

"Not yet, we have had wounded to care for, rescued prisoners, and the aftermath of the battle but yes I will send someone with a strong stomach down to try to read out some information from Abigail's mind as as soon as possible...if there is much left of that mind there is."
He said and frowned.

"Thank you for all of the information that you have given me. I think I've gotten enough insight into the nature of this picture. I would've liked to have figured out how the exactly the Nephandi plan on invading Steelhaven but I'm already pushing my luck." Serge said.

"You are welcome Mr Yager, and I am sorry I could not be of more use...but sometimes the exact meaning of a vision of a prophecy is not easy to figure out, perhaps knowing that there will be an attack is enough to avert it."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Is there anything else I can do?"

Nicole:

Renee turned to you.
"A spirit is a type of cryptid, a non corporeal entity often found in the Eather itself native to a higher frequency than our own senses, often mystics use them to guard their Chantries and Nodes."
The Etherite explained.
"And a Labyrinth is what the Fallen call their Chantries, foul places I hear, perhaps they are living flesh or something like their ships are."
She said and shuddered. Jeffry nodded.
"Yes from our intel dear Madam they are exactly that, the walls are living, creeping flesh, it sounds most impractical then again perhaps it keeps the heat in well and same on their power bills."
He speculated and sipped his coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:35 pm

"Not yet, we have had wounded to care for, rescued prisoners, and the aftermath of the battle but yes I will send someone with a strong stomach down to try to read out some information from Abigail's mind as as soon as possible...if there is much left of that mind there is."
He said and frowned.

"Venturing into the mind of a Nephandus. That's a scary thought." Serge said shuddering at the idea.

"You are welcome Mr Yager, and I am sorry I could not be of more use...but sometimes the exact meaning of a vision of a prophecy is not easy to figure out, perhaps knowing that there will be an attack is enough to avert it."
Joakim said and nodded.

"That's what I hope as well. I'm just glad that I was able to decipher that attack and warn Master Morgan early on." Serge said with a nod.

"Is there anything else I can do?"

"I can't think of anything else that we might need. Most of the images in the picture have been explained in some detail and the general warning was deciphered a while ago. I think it is safe for me to give my findings to Master Morgan and then return back to Steelhaven with our men. Once again thank you for all of your help."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole considered this. 'Living flesh... I wonder if it's artificial...' she said softly to herself in a mildly curious tone, then returned mentally to the other two in the room. 'I assume all the Awakened in the city are combining to stop this - what's the plan?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next