Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 17 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Nicole:

"Would you not need quite a bit of information to play devil's advocate?"
Renee asked then she sigh.
"Well no matter you can ask what questions you wish being curious is a commendable quality and I am not completely comfortable with this business with the cryptid in custody over at Steelhaven but it is what it is I guess and I do think they know what they are doing."
She said then she nodded.
"Yes well, more we tolerate one another's presence as actually working with them would be illegal by the Protocols, it is more accurate to say we both use the docks and leave one another in peace, it seamed like a better solution than killing one another over it and irreparably damaging the Umbral dock in the process."
The Etherite sigh.
"I would prefer not to have the Union men there off course but it is a matter of it being a lesser evil."

Serge:

"I need to figure this one out..." Serge said to himself as he pondered the meaning behind the new picture.

"Is he black? Actually that's kinda racist...but his eyes are white. What does that mean? Is he invisible? Do I know who this person is?"

Meg did not seam to know what being racist meant but she did know what being black meant for she bent over her papers and begun to quickly sketch an unusually handsome dark skinned man with long black hair in braids carrying a letter in his hands with a red bandana on his head and she pointed at the drawing and shook her head. Then she begun to draw several black things, being more quick with these drawings, a frying pan, one of her coals, a black cat, and what might be a black tourmaline stone and she pointed the these things and nodded. She shook her head to the question if you knew who the person in her drawing was.
"I do not think she means that the man in her picture is black as in African, that person she is shaking her head to is more of our Mercere Jerome...I think she means black as in the actual color...black man...oh fuck...forgive my language...the black man...damn but it can't be..."
The Criamon commented and looked at her apprentice shocked.

"The Nephandi are definitely ready to strike. A surprise attack against Steelhaven? Subtle, stealthy, under the radar? But only one person is doing anything. A traitor? But who?" Serge whispered to himself as he continued to draw the picture.

"Or someone managing to get into the Chantry somehow perhaps."
Cara said and looked over your shoulder.

"Is it the man in the other picture?" Serge asked as he glanced over to the picture of the stick man colored in coal.

Meg shook her head at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 17 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 pm

"I do not think she means that the man in her picture is black as in African, that person she is shaking her head to is more of our Mercere Jerome...I think she means black as in the actual color...black man...oh fuck...forgive my language...the black man...damn but it can't be..."
The Criamon commented and looked at her apprentice shocked.

"Do you know who she could be referring too?" Serge said glancing over at Cara trying to push her along and figure out who it could.

"Or someone managing to get into the Chantry somehow perhaps."
Cara said and looked over your shoulder.

"Perhaps. Horizon is an important part of the drawing as well." Serge said pointing to the two moons overlooking the rest of the drawing.

"I was wondering if someone is trying to use Horizon to get into Steelhaven but Master Morgan told me how much of a fortress that realm was."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:44 pm

"Do you know who she could be referring too?" Serge said glancing over at Cara trying to push her along and figure out who it could.

"I do but I hope to all that is holy that I am wrong...Al Aswad...the Black Man...they say he is the greatest of the Aswadim the anti Oracles...hopefully it isone Aswadim she means and not Al Aswad himself but even so that is the stuff of nightmares and horror."
The young Criamon said softly and shuddered as she looked at her apprentice's drawing.

"Perhaps. Horizon is an important part of the drawing as well." Serge said pointing to the two moons overlooking the rest of the drawing.

"I was wondering if someone is trying to use Horizon to get into Steelhaven but Master Morgan told me how much of a fortress that realm was."

"If our enemies can get into Horizon getting into Steelhaven would not prove much of challenge and I do not see how going to a Umbral realm would do any good in getting an agent inside a earth based Chantry."
Cara said and shook her heads.
"The two moons might mean Horizon but I seriously doubt the attack will come from there for if the Fortress of Hope gets taken then it it is time to grab our apprentices and run for the hills."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 pm

"I do but I hope to all that is holy that I am wrong...Al Aswad...the Black Man...they say he is the greatest of the Aswadim the anti Oracles...hopefully it is one Aswadim she means and not Al Aswad himself but even so that is the stuff of nightmares and horror."
The young Criamon said softly and shuddered as she looked at her apprentice's drawing.

"Aswadim.....I remember that term. During my talk with one of the Nephandi prisoners." Serge said remembering his talk with Siege.

Meg shook her head at that.

"Meg drew this picture when I asked who the king was. And said no when I asked if that black man was going to be the one to attack Steelhaven." Serge said as a summery to himself.

"So the king isn't the one who is going to attack Steelhaven. If the king is one of the Aswadim it seems that those three women plan on betraying one of their own. So the Nephandi are double-crossing their king? They offered him a key....what did that key lead too?"

"If our enemies can get into Horizon getting into Steelhaven would not prove much of challenge and I do not see how going to a Umbral realm would do any good in getting an agent inside a earth based Chantry."
Cara said and shook her heads.
"The two moons might mean Horizon but I seriously doubt the attack will come from there for if the Fortress of Hope gets taken then it it is time to grab our apprentices and run for the hills.

"Very well. But that puts us back to square one. The Nephandi are planning a subtle attack on Steelhaven where they hope to get three items for their ritual. They plan on sending only one person to sneak in and carry out their plans."

Looking at his drawing and the original drawing Serge went over what he knew. "The nakedness of the women seems to indicate something primordial rather than a weird requirement for their ritual. That brass key is what their aiming for yet at the same time I think its a trap."

Looking up to Meg, Serge smiled a friendly smile and asked, "Do you have any hints for the brass key?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:43 pm

"Aswadim.....I remember that term. During my talk with one of the Nephandi prisoners." Serge said remembering his talk with Siege.

"I am no expert on the Nephandi however from what I have heard the Aswadim are their Oracles, imensly powerful but like ours they generally do not act in the war...thankfully."

"Meg drew this picture when I asked who the king was. And said no when I asked if that black man was going to be the one to attack Steelhaven." Serge said as a summery to himself.

"So the king isn't the one who is going to attack Steelhaven. If the king is one of the Aswadim it seems that those three women plan on betraying one of their own. So the Nephandi are double-crossing their king? They offered him a key....what did that key lead too?"

"I have heard something like that about their plans yes but I am not sure what I am allowed to say, however no I doubt and hope that the Aswadim in question is not the one who are going to attack Steelhaven, they generally do not act in the physical world or any other we are able to understand. However as for the key I think it might be symbolic Mr Yager and not an actual key."
Cara said and frowned.

"Very well. But that puts us back to square one. The Nephandi are planning a subtle attack on Steelhaven where they hope to get three items for their ritual. They plan on sending only one person to sneak in and carry out their plans."

"One person or a small group for a covert mission I assume."
Cara said and nodded.
"I am afraid my student's drawings are not always easy to decipher."

Looking at his drawing and the original drawing Serge went over what he knew. "The nakedness of the women seems to indicate something primordial rather than a weird requirement for their ritual. That brass key is what their aiming for yet at the same time I think its a trap."

"A trap for the Aswadim...hum...something primordial might fit with the Fallen the question is still what they are actually doing and what the key is..."
Cara said and glanced at the drawing you where copying.

Looking up to Meg, Serge smiled a friendly smile and asked, "Do you have any hints for the brass key?"

The little Hermetic looked at you, smiled and then shook her head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Anja's Post:

'Which is why I'm not openly complaining yet.' Nicole replied, stretching out her limbs. '"They know what they are doing"... sounds a little like the words a character says in a movie just before The Thing manages to break free.' though the tone and her features made it clear she was half-joking. 'So it's more... "I didn't see you, you didn't see me" thing at the dock, yeah?'

'Is this... arrangement public knowledge?'

[How far along is Renee?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 pm

"Yeah well let us home we do not get that scenario, it was bad enough when we got a flesh eating tentacle monster in the fuel tanks in one of the Zeppelins up on Horizon, that to burn out the entire tank to get rid of the thing so I have had my fill of monsters for a while."
Renee said wryly she gave a friendly smile though.
"I hope Steelhaven have things reasonably well in hand. Now as for the dock yes it is common knowledge with those magi who might visit it...like I said officially it is not a cooperation that would be illegal but like with the Spy's Demise it is recognized common ground and everyone just leave it at that so ehm...I didn't see you, you didn't see me might be an accurate enough description yes."
She said and nodded.

(OOC: Well it is showing but she is still fully mobile.Renee is rather thin so about four months would probably be Nicole's guesstimate.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 pm

"I have heard something like that about their plans yes but I am not sure what I am allowed to say, however no I doubt and hope that the Aswadim in question is not the one who are going to attack Steelhaven, they generally do not act in the physical world or any other we are able to understand. However as for the key I think it might be symbolic Mr Yager and not an actual key."
Cara said and frowned.

"That's what I think as well, but Key's have a multitude of things that they can represent. They typically represent the ability to uncover something hidden. To gain access to something." Serge said.

"Access to power, wealth, or knowledge. All of which are things that would be enticing to a mage."

"One person or a small group for a covert mission I assume."
Cara said and nodded.

"Their are three women in the picture so maybe they are part of the small covert group? Speaking of the women I still haven't figured out who they represent. I can only think of one women who would want to attack Steelhaven, Jodie Blake. But who could the other women be? Unless they are also symbolic."

"A trap for the Aswadim...hum...something primordial might fit with the Fallen the question is still what they are actually doing and what the key is..."
Cara said and glanced at the drawing you where copying.

"Their dancing around the key..." Serge said taking another look at the image. "Could that be important? Dancing is typically done as a celebration. Although I suppose here it is just a procedure for a ritual."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:48 pm

"That's what I think as well, but Key's have a multitude of things that they can represent. They typically represent the ability to uncover something hidden. To gain access to something." Serge said.

"The question is then what the key unlocks or what it uncovers."
Cara said and frowned though she did seam to enjoy the puzzle no matter how dire the situation was.

"Access to power, wealth, or knowledge. All of which are things that would be enticing to a mage."

"True but then probably for the dancing women and not for the king, for an Aswadim is an Oracle even if they are Fallen so I suspect such worldly desires are far behind them."
The Criamon commented.

"Their are three women in the picture so maybe they are part of the small covert group? Speaking of the women I still haven't figured out who they represent. I can only think of one women who would want to attack Steelhaven, Jodie Blake. But who could the other women be? Unless they are also symbolic."

"Well we know there are two Labyrinths involved in this plot, both of them led by women, Lisa Larson and Abigail who we now have in custody the question then is who is the third. I have heard the name Jodi Blake but I have to admit I know little about her, do you think she is involved Mr Yager? But yes the women could be symbolic...Meg's drawing often have layers of meaning to them."

"Their dancing around the key..." Serge said taking another look at the image. "Could that be important? Dancing is typically done as a celebration. Although I suppose here it is just a procedure for a ritual."

"It could be the ritual the Nephandi are planning on doing today but then we already know about that."
Cara said and frowned.
"Dancing could be celebration, joy...ritual, spirals...hum...could it be they need to do a ritual to create their key or activate it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Anja's Post:

'What is it about tentacles?' Nicole exclaimed, then shaking her head. 'Ran into a cryptid out by Dearborn with at least four 'couple of year back. Fun time had by all.'

'So, what's the setup here? Are you the ranking Scientist in the city?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:06 pm

"It is good that young Miss Adlebloom went to you to admit her feelings then."
Udella said and smiled a little.
Colin smiled sheepishly, "Very much so."

"Perhaps you are right old friend and I am the one who are arrogant old friend, but I was always afraid that child would just not understand me if he did not Awaken himself but yes they would be true believers that is true and perhaps that is enough."
The old archmage said and looked at you for a moment.
He shrugged, "Being concerned about what Fate has in store for any children of yours... I don't think there's any arrogance in that. Assuming you can dictate their Fate according to your own whim, on the other hand..."

"It's...it has certain properties, all of which we have not yet figured out. I don't know how safe it would be to discuss current speculations..."
"We should be as safe here from anyone overhearing us as possible at least Sodalis."
Crexia said and indicated the window that looked rather strange now with the time bubble inside.
He glanced at Colin, questioning.
He frowned, "Let's see, I had my first self-induced glimpse of another time on board the Serafina, and on the way out with the fuel tanks, the pine cone was waiting for me - left behind by Beatrice - or rather, her prior incarnation. It seems to be the last of her purity, willfully set aside to help her Avatar return to the light later, and it also has the power to help guide other Avatars home, as well - young Kyle, Mattea Carlyle... one of my future children... those were the ones specifically named. It might be of help to Patrick Dale, as well - a young Technocrat Barabbi we rescued from a Union apartment before the Nephandi retrieved him. His future... is something of a wrinkly timeline, but I think he might get to enjoy quite a bit of it - enough to drop me a hint in twenty years regarding how I survived this weekend... The means of lighting the beacon, as it were, appears to be done by means of using the Heart's Blood Rote - which I don't know how to perform. That might be a bit of a problem, since it seems to be keyed to me, Adley and Beatrice... Beyond that... I suspect at some point, we'll have to plant it. Though where, when and how... well, we'll have to see."

'Oh, damn I had forgotten about that..." He grimaced.
"The blade will be stored very carefully."
Crexia promised.
"Yes well hopefully she is not due just yet, we could stop the process but who know what would happen if she was made to abort the little monster."
Crexia said and frowned.
He frowned, "Hopefully, we're looking at a gestation time comparable to that of a human - but who aside from miss Jerkins knows with those hellspawn of hers... Hum, given time to examine it, would it be possible to replicate the enchantment, to create copies that will protect from the children?"

"Little Meg you are thinking about...yes she is certainly a peculiar child."
Crexia said.
Adley shook his head a bit. "Her child...was rather...affectionate to our sodalis while she held that knife."
"Ohh Miss Jerkins's little hellspawn, ah yes that was quite a disturbing reaction indeed."
Crexia said and frowned.
He shook his head, "Little Meg is certainly a precious little oddity - but yes, I was thinking of the way miss Jerkins' child just wanted a hug from the person it thought was its mommy."

"The question is if seeing all that would be safe. I would say perhaps the loved ones of those lost might want to see what happened, but I am a little concerned what such footage can do to someone."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"Well the method to record it sounds well thought out at least, I do think that should work."
He nodded, "Most likely, it will be quite a horrid sight, but whoever decides to view it will have the option of pausing the film to rest... Forcing someone to watch it in one sitting, though - no, that would not be healthy."

"Well that happens as well, and sometimes they are determined, refined gentlemen as well, or a stag seen in the edge of the woods...hum...anyway pride in one's Avatar is not uncommon..."
Udella said and smiled.
He grinned, "Expecto Patronum... hmm..."

"I don't think he is going to wish to be examined in such a way. He...tries to be helpful of course and he is, but what happened to him..." he shook his head.
"That might work, I would not be me trying to persuade him but perhaps Chief Joakim can explain this to him and he can make the boy agree, he is skittish though so if the machine makes much noise it might scare him, as you might understand he is quite fragile...perhaps watching someone else getting such pictures taken can make him more comfortable about it."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I will speak with Chief Joakim about it."
"Yes what the boy went though was...horrible and Chief Joakim have done a fantastic job with him, when he came here he did not speak and had to be fed like an infant, now at least he walks around and talks, I would not want to traumatize him further Sodalis still seeing what damage was done to his brain might give us some clues about what the Computer wants, in light of what we have already discussed."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "He may not wish it, but... depending on who asks and how it is presented, he may be persuaded to do so willingly. The fact that the machine would only take a picture rather than change something might help... He would want and need someone he trusts implicitly to sit there and hold his hand, though. Someone he knows would give warning if things looked dangerous from the outside."

"Hum...well I can get headaches so you might be true, well I guess we will find out then if I have Mr Horton scan me as well."
He scratched his head, "Hum, there might be a small problem, though - and this is to an extent speculation on my part... I think there's a need for injected contrast fluid to make out such soft tissue inside the cranium, but that needs blood flow to get where it's supposed to be... Do you have a pulse, or can you at least make your heart pump artificially?"

"Hang on...pardon. Being a lich does, as you say, create a static sort of existence from what you are saying, ma'am, at least compared to other magii. And this poison...do you think the serum could be one of the things that is involved in this Moloch business? What would happen if someone got high doses of this stuff for a period of time?" He frowned. "What would happen if you mixed it up into a longevity potion?"
And with that you learned that Crexia could swear in Latin as well as she let out a few choice words over the whole affair.
"I did not consider that...I would have to study the serum to be sure but...at least that is what a lichdom potion do, create a static creature that will never change, evolve or reach Asencion if the serum is made from that it is possible that...it can do the same in high enough doses...damn..."
She said and shook her head.
"Damn it seams we need to try to learn more about it."
He frowned and shook his head slowly, "I... don't think the serum will function if ingested. If Teomim had become Moloch back then, I'm inclined to believe that would have greatly predated this stuff... One of the possible later sources of Moloch, on the other hand - that could well be."

"Well, if it is true you don't need to sleep, perhaps you can have a look at it."
"Hum...that is not a bad idea, and no I do not need to sleep, I need rest and my mind can get tired but I do not need actual sleep."
She said then she turned to Colin.
"Mr Wainwright if you would not mind lending me a vial of that foul serum so I can have a closer look at it while the rest of you sleep?"
He fished out the little flask, "There should be a few more doses left here - enough to examine it while the rest of us sleep, I think, if you like."

"Hum...I see. I do wonder why they added Primium to the serum, I mean there where no Primium in my potion, the blade I used for the ritual to open my veins that is Primium, hand crafted and refined so I guess some of it might have entered me as residue but there where no Primium in the potion itself so why add it if those serums are based on a lichdom potion?"
Crexia said and frowned.
He frowned, "The serum is designed to be injected, not ingested - that may be relevant."

"That sounds very problematic," he said, frowning. "Systemic damages to the body from primium..."
He nodded, "The fact that it is Primium isn't what makes it lethal - it's what makes it almost impossible to detect and treat. Medically, it seems no more dangerous than a mundane blood clot - though, of course, that's pretty deadly, too..."

"Indeed I am really concerned about my old client who was on this stuff for a year...very concerned indeed."
Udella said and frowned deeply.
He nodded, "He will die within a few years, though only knowing the recorded cause of death was a traffic accident, it's impossible for me to say whether the accident was caused by him suffering a stroke or if it was an accident caused by a mechanical failure or similar."

"The ship is...an avatar? That seems...very strange...I'm not sure what to think of that..."
"Well we did just learn that the soul of this city is one so why not a ship?"
Crexia asked.
"And there are some clear benefits, like for example being able to draw Quintessence directly from the pool instead of relaying on batteries."
He grinned, "Wait until you see her. Then you will have a lot of thoughts about her, I think."

"The good captain's soul is within him it is a part of his soul and it is seen without."
Crexia said and she tapped a vase on the table, a old, ugly yellow thing that looked like it had been bought sometimes during the 1970's.
"Do you think our souls are like this vase Sodalis, that something is either inside it or outside of it? Our souls do not confer to the physical's idea of space. When a mage see their Avatar walk beside them do you think that soul is then not inside of them? Look at it like a mirror, it reflect your image outside of you, but it is still you, and the image in the mirror a mere reflection of your true form, it is the same with this ship or for that matter the young Orphan and the soul of Chicago, their souls are within and also reflected without."
The old Hermetic explained.
He frowned, "Mia used to show herself to me as an unscarred mirror image... before, well, the mirror shattered. As it turns out, that reflection was... a comforting illusion, I suppose."

"More like our bodies are the vase, perhaps. But yes, that...makes sense of a sort when you put it like that, now that I understand correspondence more than I did, at least, and Spirit. The ephemera of an avatar being less discrete than other spirits. They call it that which they cannot touch, on another vibrational plane to them. It is still a bit strange to me to think of an avatar with a person and a city or a ship...but hardly the strangest thing I've heard this week," he added wryly.
He smiled wryly, "Finding out who your soul's family is will probably take that prize for a long time."

"A young man I know have a manifested Avatar now mind you that is not the same as an phylactery where the Avatar is an physical object or is bound into one, however this man's Avatar appear like a young woman, you can talk with her, even touch her and yet she is an Avatar who have taken that form since she knows it is what will make for the best way to guide her host. This girl, unlike Miss Carlyle's troubled soul do not really act outside of her host though, she imitate a physical person but she is always inside of his soul, only projecting outwards to guide her host...as for what Umbrood see...yes the Ephemera of an Avatar is so much...finer, have a much higher vibration than that of an Umbrood I am not so sure we should call Avatars spirits though to some degree they have some similarities...they are for now truly beyond our ken."
He frowned, then nodded, "Ah, I think I have met them, actually... I believe they visited Steelhaven Hall the other day; the woman was... most unusual."

"She is a masterwork that really show Master Telar's skill and I am glad the poor, wounded host of the ship was saved. Creating the same kind of ship to no, I do hope it will be quite some time before that happens again for from what I have heard everyone else had given up on what was left of the poor man's Avatar after a terrible accident in the Umbra...that is not something we will want to replicate soon."
The old Tytalus said and frowned.
He nodded, "It's good to know it can be done if necessary - let us hope and pray it won't be necessary again."

"Not manipulate so much as see, though I suppose that could be a manipulation of its own, could it? This sort of thing is why I leave it to the experts..."
He grimaced, "...Now there's an episode of CSI for you - investigating alternative timelines to find out what's going on in this timeline..."

"No that might be beyond even my abilities, but I suspect the Cult of Ecstasy have Masters who can acoplish such a feat but I am not sure what good it would do."
Crexia said doubtfully.
He shook his head, "I suspect very little good compared to the potential cost... but it might be worth asking their opinion."

"Admittedly, I haven't thought out exactly /how/, I just have some ideas," he said, "other than using the ars of con--er, correspondence, time spirit and probably entropy, in some combination. But I honestly don't know if that's a wise thing to do."
He shook his head, "Speaking as a dabbler in the fields at most - no, it doesn't sound wise nor particularly safe... I don't think the Scourge will be particularly harsh if you just look at a point in this timeline, but breaking into another timeline that never was? Sounds like a lot of heavy lifting, and even more things that could go wrong..."

"True enough though if we where to find out for sure the Computer had such a plan I would have to qualms about attacking first, the question though is if we could stand our ground in an all out war with the Technocracy and the danger then is that the sleepers of the world would get caught in the crossfire."
The lich said darkly.
He frowned, "That's the thing - if that Computer decides to reveal itself to act against us... I fear we would have no choice; it would be go on a desperate offensive or lose the Earth forever... and risking Sleepers to get caught in the crossfire would still be preferable to abandoning them all to the Computer's purposes. I remember Sleeper life quite well - there's still some freedom of thought left; if Moloch rises in the form of that Computer, that would be lost forever..."

"Agree and we might want to focus on effort on that for the moment, and if we can prove what we suspect or even the things we know the D'Angelo twins have done in court then a decapitation is going to be the least of their worries."
She added and frowned.
He nodded, "There's enough trouble on the horizon as it is - having someone working against us from within would is... well, it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible."

"Oh she is still here inside me, but she have gotten more experience, seen things good and bad, even if I where to look like I did when just a newly initiated girl I would not longer be her, not fully for I have lived my life to the fullest since then, I have had good times and bad, joys and despair...and yes right now I am happy to be a grandmotherly woman even if I need glasses to read and my joins ache when bad weather is coming."
Udella said and smiled warmly.
"I am not aware what Master Joakim wish to do once his business here is concluded but I am not surprised, we have had exiting lives perhaps ending them in peace then becoming an understandable longing."
She said softly.
He smiled, "True enough, she's still there, her fire and fury tempered by experience and precision... And spending your tw... last years in the comfort and presence of family is a wonderful goal."

"Labor for reparations are already on the books as a potential punishment of it's own, if sentenced to help said Mercere that would be the sentence reparations, not Ordeal."
Crexia explained.
He nodded, "Ah. Then perhaps Reparations should be expanded to cover almost the entirety of Ordeal's purview."

"Noted..."
"If the polyp leaves for the Deep Umbra and you are still on it unless that shuttle is made for Deep Umbral travel I doubt you can survive in it, the Deep is not like the closer layers it literary is the space between space, the void...nothing the place with things that should not be and it is completely impossible to understand without proper training."
The old Tytalus warned.
He nodded, "Still, a shuttle would be safer than no shielding... and it seems likely the polyp won't pop straight into the deeps. I would have some time to evacuate before... it made its way home, I think."

((OOC: Oooog, long day... and election day to boot... Finally got around to posting. Razz ))

((OOC2: Happy anniversary, S7trif3! What sort of anniversary? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:09 pm

"True but then probably for the dancing women and not for the king, for an Aswadim is an Oracle even if they are Fallen so I suspect such worldly desires are far behind them."
The Criamon commented.

"But in Meg's second drawing they were offering the king the key." Serge said pointing to the drawing of the three women offering the king sitting on the chest the key.

"Or at least they are showing him the key."

"Well we know there are two Labyrinths involved in this plot, both of them led by women, Lisa Larson and Abigail who we now have in custody the question then is who is the third. I have heard the name Jodi Blake but I have to admit I know little about her, do you think she is involved Mr Yager? But yes the women could be symbolic...Meg's drawing often have layers of meaning to them."

"I think I made a mistake..." Serge admitted truthfully. "I meant to say Lisa Larson the first time. I'm sorry, I've been talking and thinking non-stop this entire morning and I think I got the names mixed up in my head. Although I will admit that Jodie is another name that keeps popping up today. I'm not sure if she's involved but she definitely is another significant nephandi women."

"The only other significant women I can think of is Lisa Larson's daughter who is under protective custody at Steelhaven. It may be possible that she is the covert spy within Steelhaven but I am sure she was checked thoroughly and she has plenty of guards around her."

"Did you manage to get any important information from Abigail that could help us figure our the picture?" Serge inquired.

"As for women being symbolic that may be a stretch. Women typically represent fertility and life at least from what I remember. Is there anything else that the gender could symbolize?"

"It could be the ritual the Nephandi are planning on doing today but then we already know about that."
Cara said and frowned.
"Dancing could be celebration, joy...ritual, spirals...hum...could it be they need to do a ritual to create their key or activate it?"

"I wanna say activate..." Serge said with a frown. "Whatever their planning is happening soon so I doubt that they would be making the key now. If the key needs to be activated than that's what they'll be doing."

(((OOC: Ok I actually did make a mistake. I meant to say Lisa instead of Jodie the first time but this works too. Serge has been talking to a lot of different people and hearing a lot of different names today.)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 am

He frowned, "Let's see, I had my first self-induced glimpse of another time on board the Serafina, and on the way out with the fuel tanks, the pine cone was waiting for me - left behind by Beatrice - or rather, her prior incarnation. It seems to be the last of her purity, willfully set aside to help her Avatar return to the light later, and it also has the power to help guide other Avatars home, as well - young Kyle, Mattea Carlyle... one of my future children... those were the ones specifically named. It might be of help to Patrick Dale, as well - a young Technocrat Barabbi we rescued from a Union apartment before the Nephandi retrieved him. His future... is something of a wrinkly timeline, but I think he might get to enjoy quite a bit of it - enough to drop me a hint in twenty years regarding how I survived this weekend... The means of lighting the beacon, as it were, appears to be done by means of using the Heart's Blood Rote - which I don't know how to perform. That might be a bit of a problem, since it seems to be keyed to me, Adley and Beatrice... Beyond that... I suspect at some point, we'll have to plant it. Though where, when and how... well, we'll have to see."

"I am sure that you can develop a way to use a similar rote, Colin," he said, assured of his friend's ability to find a workaround to most things. "The pinecone does not seem to be for Mattea's avatar, though it did remind it of what it was, enough to wish for it to be removed from the spirit that it had been bound to - it gave it a respite from the torment of having lost itself. We had a conversation of sorts...it requested to be destroyed." He shook his head, remembering talking with it.

"As for planting the cone...yes, in the natural course of our cycle, the cone is planted but that natural cycle has become disturbed..." He frowned. "The story of what should be has come across to me in a few ways, most concretely when I came out of my twilight. It is a sacred story that I don't really wish to necessarily air, it is...intimate in its own way, our mystery. It's likely though that we need help from our soul family to see that it is set to right..to help me understand."

He frowned and shook his head slowly, "I... don't think the serum will function if ingested. If Teomim had become Moloch back then, I'm inclined to believe that would have greatly predated this stuff... One of the possible later sources of Moloch, on the other hand - that could well be."

"That's something at least."

"I will need more eventually but I can keep going for quite some time and besides I need to maintain the time bubble and should soon get back to my embroidery, just separating out a co located copy of myself to examine the serum should not be much more of a strain." Crexia assured you as if doing just that was the most natural thing in the world and for her it probably was.

He tilted his head at her. "I am still novice enough to find co-location to be an impressive feat all unto itself," he said with a small smile.

He grinned, "Wait until you see her. Then you will have a lot of thoughts about her, I think."

"More than likely, if I get such an opportunity."

He smiled wryly, "Finding out who your soul's family is will probably take that prize for a long time."

"Indeed it will..."

"A young man I know have a manifested Avatar now mind you that is not the same as an phylactery where the Avatar is an physical object or is bound into one, however this man's Avatar appear like a young woman, you can talk with her, even touch her and yet she is an Avatar who have taken that form since she knows it is what will make for the best way to guide her host. This girl, unlike Miss Carlyle's troubled soul do not really act outside of her host though, she imitate a physical person but she is always inside of his soul, only projecting outwards to guide her host...as for what Umbrood see...yes the Ephemera of an Avatar is so much...finer, have a much higher vibration than that of an Umbrood I am not so sure we should call Avatars spirits though to some degree they have some similarities...they are for now truly beyond our ken."
He frowned, then nodded, "Ah, I think I have met them, actually... I believe they visited Steelhaven Hall the other day; the woman was... most unusual."

He got a thoughtful look on his face. "Wait, can other people than the host can see her and talk to her?" he asked. "Well, if one needs spirit and prime to affect an avatar, there is something of that substance of them, at least while they are with us."

He shook his head, "Speaking as a dabbler in the fields at most - no, it doesn't sound wise nor particularly safe... I don't think the Scourge will be particularly harsh if you just look at a point in this timeline, but breaking into another timeline that never was? Sounds like a lot of heavy lifting, and even more things that could go wrong..."

"Well, no need to make things more complicated than they already are!"

He frowned, "That's the thing - if that Computer decides to reveal itself to act against us... I fear we would have no choice; it would be go on a desperate offensive or lose the Earth forever... and risking Sleepers to get caught in the crossfire would still be preferable to abandoning them all to the Computer's purposes. I remember Sleeper life quite well - there's still some freedom of thought left; if Moloch rises in the form of that Computer, that would be lost forever..."

"I admit I am having difficulty wrapping my head around this; with so many crises at hand, so many cataclysms..." He shook his head.

// wedding anniversary : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 am

Nicole:

"Yeah it seams that if you meet some nasty in the Umbra there have to be tentacles somewhere, always fun."
Renee said wryly.
"Me? No that would be Dr Waldemar Lauritz Krager, a brilliant scientist and one of the Deacons of this Chantry. No I am just a combat pilot working up at Horizon under Admiral Hastings. However I do owe your Mentor a favor, and since I have agreed to teach one of the members of Steelhaven how to pilot an Ethership, one of their Deacons owe me a favor so I can use that to get you a place at Steelhaven, since this Chantry is full, yes one member have left and one have...become lost in more horrible ways but the Deacons will rather allow for new apprentices to be taken than to take in a stranger."
She commented.

Colin:

Colin smiled sheepishly, "Very much so."

Udella smiled warmly at that.

He shrugged, "Being concerned about what Fate has in store for any children of yours... I don't think there's any arrogance in that. Assuming you can dictate their Fate according to your own whim, on the other hand..."

"Well no, I would have accepted my son if he had remained a sleeper, off course I would...but I was relieved when he Awoke even if his magick did not fit well with my instruction so I had to find another teacher for him."
Udella said and smiled fondly at the memory of her son.

He frowned, "Let's see, I had my first self-induced glimpse of another time on board the Serafina, and on the way out with the fuel tanks, the pine cone was waiting for me - left behind by Beatrice - or rather, her prior incarnation. It seems to be the last of her purity, willfully set aside to help her Avatar return to the light later, and it also has the power to help guide other Avatars home, as well - young Kyle, Mattea Carlyle... one of my future children... those were the ones specifically named.

"So when young Claire entered the Caul she managed to save one piece of her purity and then later leave that for you in the form of a pine cone?"
Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Well I can not dispute that it worked to reach Mattea Carlyle...and you say it will also help this Kyle, that is Master Morgan's new student is it not? Rumor spread quickly...and you say one of your future children will fall or be born widderslainte Mr Wainwright? That can not be a plesant thought."

It might be of help to Patrick Dale, as well - a young Technocrat Barabbi we rescued from a Union apartment before the Nephandi retrieved him. His future... is something of a wrinkly timeline, but I think he might get to enjoy quite a bit of it - enough to drop me a hint in twenty years regarding how I survived this weekend...

"How can a captured Technocrat Barabbi be alive in twenty years even if not executed he would have been...well you know..."
Crexia asked.

The means of lighting the beacon, as it were, appears to be done by means of using the Heart's Blood Rote - which I don't know how to perform. That might be a bit of a problem, since it seems to be keyed to me, Adley and Beatrice... Beyond that... I suspect at some point, we'll have to plant it. Though where, when and how... well, we'll have to see."

"That is...fascinating...have any of you tried to examine the pine cone magickally to see what you might find?"
The old archmage asked.
"And the heart's blood rote would make sense for Miss Alexander for she is a member of the Verbena however young Claire was an Hermetic...it makes little sense for her to leave something that needs a Verbena specialty to use."

He frowned, "Hopefully, we're looking at a gestation time comparable to that of a human - but who aside from miss Jerkins knows with those hellspawn of hers... Hum, given time to examine it, would it be possible to replicate the enchantment, to create copies that will protect from the children?"

"I think replicating the dagger should be possible. I will speak with our resident Verditius about it and yes hopefully Miss Jerkins ehm...child is not yet ready to be born, I do wonder what it will do when the mother is...well...ended...though."
The Tytalus commented and frowned.

He shook his head, "Little Meg is certainly a precious little oddity - but yes, I was thinking of the way miss Jerkins' child just wanted a hug from the person it thought was its mommy."

"So she is indeed with her drawings...as for the abominations yes that was indeed disturbing, I think I would prefer them wanting to attack me than wanting to hug me."
Crexia said and shook her head.
"I guess Miss Jerkins always treated them with affection and even such monstrosities responded favorably to being shown love odd as it might sound."

He nodded, "Most likely, it will be quite a horrid sight, but whoever decides to view it will have the option of pausing the film to rest... Forcing someone to watch it in one sitting, though - no, that would not be healthy."

Crexia nodded but she looked a bit doubtful.

He nodded, "He may not wish it, but... depending on who asks and how it is presented, he may be persuaded to do so willingly. The fact that the machine would only take a picture rather than change something might help... He would want and need someone he trusts implicitly to sit there and hold his hand, though. Someone he knows would give warning if things looked dangerous from the outside."

Chief Joakim or that Mercere boy could sit with him then but yes I agree it is worth talking with the young man about it, we might need that data...House Mercere have others like him but it would be just as traumatic a question to ask any of them...I will talk with the Chief, it is his choice after all if the boy is even asked, he is his Mentor after all."
The lich said and nodded though she also looked quite concerned for the young hedge wizard.

He scratched his head, "Hum, there might be a small problem, though - and this is to an extent speculation on my part... I think there's a need for injected contrast fluid to make out such soft tissue inside the cranium, but that needs blood flow to get where it's supposed to be... Do you have a pulse, or can you at least make your heart pump artificially?"

"I can imitate a pulse with magick when I have to go out among sleepers, but that is more of an illusion and a glamor than making my dead heart beat...I have a fluid in my veins but it do not flow...now really no..."
Crexia said and frowned....
"Perhaps an careful Auram spell could make it move in my veins..."
She speculated more to herself than to you.
"What if he put this...fluid directly into my brain would that work?"

"It is later incarnations we are concerned about, we saw a early version of the serum about ten years ago and the foul green stuff a few years after that, how long the Union have had it I do not know but probably not to long."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement.

He fished out the little flask, "There should be a few more doses left here - enough to examine it while the rest of us sleep, I think, if you like."

"Thank you young man."
The lich said she took the serum and frowned at it and put the flask on the table.

He frowned, "The serum is designed to be injected, not ingested - that may be relevant."

"It might be but I have heard of one modern lich who used an IV to give himself the potion and another to force his blood out, yes with Primium needles...he did survive but I have never spoken to him about how well it worked, I drank mine..."

He nodded, "The fact that it is Primium isn't what makes it lethal - it's what makes it almost impossible to detect and treat. Medically, it seems no more dangerous than a mundane blood clot - though, of course, that's pretty deadly, too..."

"And the Primium will make it harder to heal magickally."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded, "He will die within a few years, though only knowing the recorded cause of death was a traffic accident, it's impossible for me to say whether the accident was caused by him suffering a stroke or if it was an accident caused by a mechanical failure or similar."

"True but he is probably in trouble non the less and he have been suffering from horrible headaches."
Udella said sadly.
"I check up on him now and again and he is often bedridden...poor man I wish I could have gotten a better trial result for him..."

He frowned, "Mia used to show herself to me as an unscarred mirror image... before, well, the mirror shattered. As it turns out, that reflection was... a comforting illusion, I suppose."

"I doubt Avatar really have one form they take the form their hosts needs to best develop."
Crexia said and smiled.
"Perhaps your needs and hers have changed and so have her appearance."

"She can be hard to understand but she is usually friendly and so is her host."
Crexia said and nodded.
"It can be a bit peculiar talking to them when one know what she is though."

He nodded, "It's good to know it can be done if necessary - let us hope and pray it won't be necessary again."

Crexia just nodded at that.

He shook his head, "I suspect very little good compared to the potential cost... but it might be worth asking their opinion."

"I will put it on my to do list."
The archmage promised.

"Yes breaking through to such a timeline to do more than observe is...unwise the Paradox of such an thing would be...problematic to say the least."
Crexia said and frowned.
"I would need a very good reason indeed to do such a thing."

He frowned, "That's the thing - if that Computer decides to reveal itself to act against us... I fear we would have no choice; it would be go on a desperate offensive or lose the Earth forever...

"I guess you are right about that..."
Udella said and sigh.
"Let us pray that do not happen."

and risking Sleepers to get caught in the crossfire would still be preferable to abandoning them all to the Computer's purposes. I remember Sleeper life quite well - there's still some freedom of thought left; if Moloch rises in the form of that Computer, that would be lost forever..."

"Agreed which mean we need to find out more about the Computer in case this will come to pass, and that unfortunately includes talking young Thomas into letting himself be examined, we need to know or at least begin to gather information about what the Computer do with the Avatars it takes."
Crexia said darkly.

He nodded, "There's enough trouble on the horizon as it is - having someone working against us from within would is... well, it needs to be dealt with as soon as possible."

"Agreed."
Crexia said and nodded.

He smiled, "True enough, she's still there, her fire and fury tempered by experience and precision... And spending your tw... last years in the comfort and presence of family is a wonderful goal."

Udella smiled at that.
"Well you have not seen me in court in this lifetime some of that fire and passion is still there old friend...and yes I will allow myself the luxury of some sunset years in comfort surrounded by family. I think I have deserved it if I may say so myself."

He nodded, "Ah. Then perhaps Reparations should be expanded to cover almost the entirety of Ordeal's purview."

"That is not a bad idea old friend, not an bad idea at all, but one step at the time eh..."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, "Still, a shuttle would be safer than no shielding... and it seems likely the polyp won't pop straight into the deeps. I would have some time to evacuate before... it made its way home, I think."

"Is it better to be a mouse in a tin can if stepped upon by an elephant?"
"And you might have some time to evaluate yes but the foul things move dreadfully fast."

(OOC: Dreadfully sorry Strife and Jeremy I have spent an hour on this post and I have things that I need to do so I do not have time to write more right now, it is harder to fit replies to these huge posts in when I have a minute so I am going to have to reply to your posts in a few hours. Sorry about that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:58 am

Anja's Post:

'Don't have much experience on that side.' Nicole admitted. 'Always seemed to have too much to do here - and Dry Dock lost it's landing strip ages ago. Once retrofitted some old [Brewster] Buffalo and launched it off the lake, though. Perfect test, 'part from the malfunction of the clutter-generator made the Weather Service think the lake was having a sudden sandstorm.' chuckling at the memory.

'Hmm... think that's everything.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:46 am

Serge:

"But in Meg's second drawing they were offering the king the key." Serge said pointing to the drawing of the three women offering the king sitting on the chest the key.

"Or at least they are showing him the key."

So they where but if the king is an Aswadim I have no idea what the key can be if it is something that would entice an Aswadim so I find it more likely that they would be looking for some secret to get an Aswadim here rather than something to offer him."
Cara said and frowned.

"I think I made a mistake..." Serge admitted truthfully. "I meant to say Lisa Larson the first time. I'm sorry, I've been talking and thinking non-stop this entire morning and I think I got the names mixed up in my head.

"I do that as well at times Mr Yager, so do not worry about it."
The Criamon said and she gave you a friendly smile.

Although I will admit that Jodie is another name that keeps popping up today. I'm not sure if she's involved but she definitely is another significant nephandi women."

"Hum...I have heard Blake's name but like I said I know nothing about her, in either case if we assume the three women are actually three Fallen women doing a ritual the question is still who they are..."

"The only other significant women I can think of is Lisa Larson's daughter who is under protective custody at Steelhaven. It may be possible that she is the covert spy within Steelhaven but I am sure she was checked thoroughly and she has plenty of guards around her."

"I know nothing about that situation so I really can not comment, but if this woman is as Steelhaven you can speak with that Chantry's Deacons about her but I am sure they have some guards on this woman if she is Larson's daughter...."
Cara said and frowned.

"Did you manage to get any important information from Abigail that could help us figure our the picture?" Serge inquired.

"No we did not, she shot herself when she realized that all hope was gone for her plans to avoid being taken alive, she was healed but it is doubtful she will ever wake up again."

"As for women being symbolic that may be a stretch. Women typically represent fertility and life at least from what I remember. Is there anything else that the gender could symbolize?"

"Nurturing, kindness, beauty, deception, the Pillar of Severity, Water and Earth, West and North...the list go rather on and on to what femininity and women can symbolize..."
Cara said and raised an eyebrow.

"I wanna say activate..." Serge said with a frown. "Whatever their planning is happening soon so I doubt that they would be making the key now. If the key needs to be activated than that's what they'll be doing."

"Agreed...the question is what they are activating."
She said and looked at you.

(OOC: No problem both you and your character might get a name mixed up so can I.)

Adley:

"I am sure that you can develop a way to use a similar rote, Colin," he said, assured of his friend's ability to find a workaround to most things. "The pinecone does not seem to be for Mattea's avatar, though it did remind it of what it was, enough to wish for it to be removed from the spirit that it had been bound to - it gave it a respite from the torment of having lost itself. We had a conversation of sorts...it requested to be destroyed." He shook his head, remembering talking with it.

"I guess Miss Carlyle's Avatar is tired...poor thing, well I will make sure it's wish are fulfilled as quickly and...with as little pain as possible and that it's hosts are given the choice between life and death and that she will be cared for if she choose life..."
Crexia said and frowned.
"Well that pine cone was of immense help in communicating with the poor soul."

"As for planting the cone...yes, in the natural course of our cycle, the cone is planted but that natural cycle has become disturbed..." He frowned. "The story of what should be has come across to me in a few ways, most concretely when I came out of my twilight. It is a sacred story that I don't really wish to necessarily air, it is...intimate in its own way, our mystery. It's likely though that we need help from our soul family to see that it is set to right..to help me understand."

"You do not have to speak more of the experiences you have had, your mystery than you are comfortable with Sodalis...I am afraid I can say little to offer advice, I can only say this pine cone is fascinating, I have never heard of anything similar to that in all of my long years."
The archmage commented.

He tilted his head at her. "I am still novice enough to find co-location to be an impressive feat all unto itself," he said with a small smile.

"Hum...ah yes I guess you are still young sodalis...I forget myself at times, perhaps I have lost some touch with the physical world and have forgotten that such things are not common to all."
Crexia said apologetically.
"I find it a most useful skill though."

He got a thoughtful look on his face. "Wait, can other people than the host can see her and talk to her?" he asked. "Well, if one needs spirit and prime to affect an avatar, there is something of that substance of them, at least while they are with us."

"Yes they can, that soul have chosen to remain manifest, she is still then just a projection from her being inside of her host's soul though, and yes usually one would need somewhat advanced magick to even see an Avatar, unless they choose to be seen. However yes there is substance to Avatars but not substance in a way that you and I perceive it. That manifested Avatar however just create the illusion of flesh and bones so we can see her, but that flesh is just an illusion."
Crexia said and smiled.

"I admit I am having difficulty wrapping my head around this; with so many crises at hand, so many cataclysms..." He shook his head.

"Yes the world seam to be at...an edge...for now you should rest perhaps wrapping your head around this as you say will be easier with a fresh outlook after some rest."
The archmage said softly.

(OOC: Enjoy yourself Strife congratulations.)

Nicole:

"The Umbra do not call everyone but I was more or less raised on a ship, since the time I Awakened I have always wanted to pilot one, and I was lucky and found a teacher willing to show me how, I have even gotten a good job doing what I love."
Renee said and smiled.
"I am very fortunate."
She said then she nodded.
"Dry Dock...I have visited that Chantry once, indeed it did have landing opportunities for Etherships once, it is a shame they have stopped doing such work...hum an accident then cause the Dry Dock to stop Umbral work?"
She asked.
"Very well the question is then should I take you to Steelhaven to have a look, are you interested in a place there?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:20 pm

"Well no, I would have accepted my son if he had remained a sleeper, off course I would...but I was relieved when he Awoke even if his magick did not fit well with my instruction so I had to find another teacher for him."
Udella said and smiled fondly at the memory of her son.
Colin nodded, "It is perhaps unwise for a parent to mentor their own child - it would be a dangerous double role, and keeping the strictness of the teacher separate for the love of the parent might not be easy, or at all apparent to the child..."

"So when young Claire entered the Caul she managed to save one piece of her purity and then later leave that for you in the form of a pine cone?"
"Well I can not dispute that it worked to reach Mattea Carlyle...and you say it will also help this Kyle, that is Master Morgan's new student is it not? Rumor spread quickly...and you say one of your future children will fall or be born widderslainte Mr Wainwright? That can not be a plesant thought."
He nodded, "More to the point, perhaps - her Avatar may have sensed the Serafina's presence at some point in the Caul dimension, and my later presence aboard the Serafina... and her Avatar may have managed to use that to hide a piece - a crucial piece..."

"How can a captured Technocrat Barabbi be alive in twenty years even if not executed he would have been...well you know..."
Crexia asked.
He smiled thinly, "The attack on Horizon in a couple of months - I don't remember who or how or exactly when, but Mr. Dale will... have an opportunity to save himself. He may save his soul and life by taking a Primium bullet for one of the Primi, and... such courage will be subsequently rewarded. Oh, he'll get Branded, and will ache for the rest of his life, but he'll... be a good friend, both to me and the Traditions. Oh, certainly he'll have to make frequent visits to the Security Office, but that's a small price to pay..."

"That is...fascinating...have any of you tried to examine the pine cone magickally to see what you might find?"
The old archmage asked.
"And the heart's blood rote would make sense for Miss Alexander for she is a member of the Verbena however young Claire was an Hermetic...it makes little sense for her to leave something that needs a Verbena specialty to use."
He shrugged, "I did take a look at it - but the major magical components of it were outside of what I could understand. A lot of Life and Spirit-oriented magic, I think - not something I could readily grasp, but the thing is powerful. After all, how many seeds does a pine cone contain?"
He frowned, "Ah, but her Avatar was not always Hermetic... I believe she was Diedne during the Schism War... as she is now, I suppose. Claire might not have been too keen on that Rote, but her Avatar would have known... and besides, there's apparently something more to that, as well..."
He glanced over at Adley, "I, however, don't know all the details there."

He nodded, "I suspect it was intended by Claire's Avatar to be for Beatrice in her next incarnation - Fallen or not, you two still ended up close. As for others... that may have been a lucky coincidence more than planning. Not that I believe much in coincidence, mind you..."

"I think replicating the dagger should be possible. I will speak with our resident Verditius about it and yes hopefully Miss Jerkins ehm...child is not yet ready to be born, I do wonder what it will do when the mother is...well...ended...though."
He frowned, "Hopefully, it will not yet be able to survive. If it is... best bring that dagger."

"So she is indeed with her drawings...as for the abominations yes that was indeed disturbing, I think I would prefer them wanting to attack me than wanting to hug me."
Crexia said and shook her head.
"I guess Miss Jerkins always treated them with affection and even such monstrosities responded favorably to being shown love odd as it might sound."
He grimaced, remembering all too well the fate of the Nephandus in the apartment doorway, "No, you would not. Just... trust me on that. The things eat magic, and what happens to a Mage who... just no."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose everything that can be described as living in any manner can feel love, and will respond to it. However strangely they may respond..."

Chief Joakim or that Mercere boy could sit with him then but yes I agree it is worth talking with the young man about it, we might need that data...House Mercere have others like him but it would be just as traumatic a question to ask any of them...I will talk with the Chief, it is his choice after all if the boy is even asked, he is his Mentor after all."
The lich said and nodded though she also looked quite concerned for the young hedge wizard.
He nodded, "Absolutely - and even if Chief Joakim agrees, give the poor kid some time to think it over. Just springing it on him on short notice will be almost guaranteed to freak him out."

"I can imitate a pulse with magick when I have to go out among sleepers, but that is more of an illusion and a glamor than making my dead heart beat...I have a fluid in my veins but it do not flow...now really no..."
Crexia said and frowned....
"Perhaps an careful Auram spell could make it move in my veins..."
She speculated more to herself than to you.
"What if he put this...fluid directly into my brain would that work?"
He shook his head thoughtfully, "I don't think that will work - as I understand it, and I shall admit this may be somewhat incorrect, the contrast fluid needs to follow the bloodstream to show where there might be obstructions, or where the blood simply doesn't flow. Hum... a delicate Auram spell could probably work - a little bit of repeated pressure to make fluids circulate in your veins. Or perhaps you could manage to, er, manually pump your heart with such a spell."

"It is later incarnations we are concerned about, we saw a early version of the serum about ten years ago and the foul green stuff a few years after that, how long the Union have had it I do not know but probably not to long."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Then it is quite plausible that the actual number of potentially preserved, er, Avatar glands is far lower than we might otherwise fear..."

"Thank you young man."
The lich said she took the serum and frowned at it and put the flask on the table.
He nodded, "But of course... Hum... I suppose it would be interesting to test mixing a few drops of your, er, blood with a few drops of the serum in a test tube, see how the two interact..."

"It might be but I have heard of one modern lich who used an IV to give himself the potion and another to force his blood out, yes with Primium needles...he did survive but I have never spoken to him about how well it worked, I drank mine..."
He nodded, "Fair enough - however, I am inclined to suspect your Lichdom potion can reach the bloodstream from the digestive tract without issue, while the serum with the Primium particles... can not."

"And the Primium will make it harder to heal magickally."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "Remove the Primium, though, and chances might improve drastically, since the clumps don't neccessarily cause tissue damage like, say, a bullet would..."

"True but he is probably in trouble non the less and he have been suffering from horrible headaches."
Udella said sadly.
"I check up on him now and again and he is often bedridden...poor man I wish I could have gotten a better trial result for him..."
He nodded, "But with this fragment of knowledge from the future - in particular how to locate the Primium clumps - it might be possible to help him surgically. Possibly even save his life from the traffic accident."

"I doubt Avatar really have one form they take the form their hosts needs to best develop."
Crexia said and smiled.
"Perhaps your needs and hers have changed and so have her appearance."
He smiled wryly, "I suspect getting attacked directly forced her to break out of her previous limitations - and like a molting crab or spider, creating a new strong outer shell, or in her case a disguise, takes a bit of time. She might assume a new form to conceal herself, she might not..."

He leaned back, "Hum... you weren't there when Mr. Karyak sang his Avatar out... or when he coaxed Master Nassa's or Beatrice's Avatars out, for that matter, though I wasn't there for those two, either... But the one who has deliberately manifested outside, if it's who I think it is, seems human enough to not rouse immediate suspicion."

"She can be hard to understand but she is usually friendly and so is her host."
Crexia said and nodded.
"It can be a bit peculiar talking to them when one know what she is though."
He smiled wryly, "It was a little peculiar talking to them without knowing, too..."

"I will put it on my to do list."
The archmage promised.
He nodded.

"Yes breaking through to such a timeline to do more than observe is...unwise the Paradox of such an thing would be...problematic to say the least."
Crexia said and frowned.
"I would need a very good reason indeed to do such a thing."
He frowned, "I suppose blocking Moloch from manifesting qualifies... but we wouldn't want to try unless we're certain there's some useful information in that timeline."

"I guess you are right about that..."
Udella said and sigh.
"Let us pray that do not happen."
He just nodded.

"Agreed which mean we need to find out more about the Computer in case this will come to pass, and that unfortunately includes talking young Thomas into letting himself be examined, we need to know or at least begin to gather information about what the Computer do with the Avatars it takes."
Crexia said darkly.
He pondered, then frowned, "You know, the Virtual Adepts could probably manage to get quite a bit of information out, if they coordinated a heroic information gathering mission to MECHA... It would get messy, obviously, but... the payoff might be more than worth any losses. With such information on the Computer, that might even be enough to dislodge the Void Engineers and bring them to our side as an added bonus..."

Udella smiled at that.
"Well you have not seen me in court in this lifetime some of that fire and passion is still there old friend...and yes I will allow myself the luxury of some sunset years in comfort surrounded by family. I think I have deserved it if I may say so myself."
He grinned, "Oh, I think I will see quite a lot of that fire and passion when we rescue Anna from the Etherite clinic... hum... I suppose I ought to ask you formally, though - will you provide Anna's defense?"

"That is not a bad idea old friend, not an bad idea at all, but one step at the time eh..."
Udella said and nodded.
He nodded, "One step at a time. Mind you, punishment like Ordeal has its place, but more as a deterrent than as a regular thing. If it loses its shock value... no good."

"Is it better to be a mouse in a tin can if stepped upon by an elephant?"
"And you might have some time to evaluate yes but the foul things move dreadfully fast."
He shrugged, "If that tin can enables the mouse to roll itself out of the spot where the elephant sets its foot down - yes, that is better. It is not much better, but even, say, half a percent of improvement to the chance of survival is better than no improvement to the chance of survival... And if the thing is downed, it might move with, er, the equivalent of a limp. All the same, better hope to avoid the situation altogether."

((OOC: Yeah, the last few posts HAVE become rather behemoth-like... Sorry 'bout that. Razz ))

((OOC2: Wedding anniversary? Dude, did you ever even say you were married? Congrats! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Colin nodded, "It is perhaps unwise for a parent to mentor their own child - it would be a dangerous double role, and keeping the strictness of the teacher separate for the love of the parent might not be easy, or at all apparent to the child..."

"Well my Mentor where always softer and kinder to me than my own father but yes I do see your point, with my son it was more that I tried to teach him but I did not do well, a fine Jerbiton Master took him in and managed to do what I could not, but yes it could be that I was to close to the boy."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, "More to the point, perhaps - her Avatar may have sensed the Serafina's presence at some point in the Caul dimension, and my later presence aboard the Serafina... and her Avatar may have managed to use that to hide a piece - a crucial piece..."

"It is possible since time do not mean the same in such places...well I will assume I have not been to the non place that the Caul send it's victims, so it is possible Claire's Avatar could have hid a part of itself on the Seragina even if it's accident where much later than what happened to the poor girl."
The archmage said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "The attack on Horizon in a couple of months - I don't remember who or how or exactly when, but Mr. Dale will... have an opportunity to save himself. He may save his soul and life by taking a Primium bullet for one of the Primi, and... such courage will be subsequently rewarded. Oh, he'll get Branded, and will ache for the rest of his life, but he'll... be a good friend, both to me and the Traditions. Oh, certainly he'll have to make frequent visits to the Security Office, but that's a small price to pay..."

"Hum...yes the Primi might decide to show mercy under such circumstances...I am worried about this attack on Horizon though that do unnerve me a bit...that realm is our stronghold..."
Crexia said and frowned.

He shrugged, "I did take a look at it - but the major magical components of it were outside of what I could understand. A lot of Life and Spirit-oriented magic, I think - not something I could readily grasp, but the thing is powerful. After all, how many seeds does a pine cone contain?"

"I am not sure about the number of seeds but I am sure we have a lexicon somewhere that can give you that information."
Crexia said.
"Perhaps you should find someone with the right knowledge and have them examine the cone, if that is something the two of you would be comfortable with."

He frowned, "Ah, but her Avatar was not always Hermetic... I believe she was Diedne during the Schism War... as she is now, I suppose. Claire might not have been too keen on that Rote, but her Avatar would have known... and besides, there's apparently something more to that, as well..."

The old lich nodded.
"Her Avatar might have known the rote from the time she was of House Diedne...that House where never to...ehm...Hermetic not really they learned some but kept to their own ways, that is part of the reason many was distrustful of them before the war..."

He frowned, "Hopefully, it will not yet be able to survive. If it is... best bring that dagger."

"And ask the executioners to be sure to burn the woman's body to the finest of ash..."
Crexia muttered darkly.

He grimaced, remembering all too well the fate of the Nephandus in the apartment doorway, "No, you would not. Just... trust me on that. The things eat magic, and what happens to a Mage who... just no."

The old archmage raised an eyebrow and Udella shuddered.
"No I do prefer to stay away from those creatures."
Crexia commented dryly.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose everything that can be described as living in any manner can feel love, and will respond to it. However strangely they may respond..."

"That is comforting in a way no matter how disturbing those beings are."
The old Tytalus said.

He nodded, "Absolutely - and even if Chief Joakim agrees, give the poor kid some time to think it over. Just springing it on him on short notice will be almost guaranteed to freak him out."

"Off course he will be given the time he need...are you sure the examination can't cause him pain or harm though? I am sure Chief Joakim will ask about that, he is quite protective of the boy and so are his other apprentices as well."
Crexia said and nodded.

He shook his head thoughtfully, "I don't think that will work - as I understand it, and I shall admit this may be somewhat incorrect, the contrast fluid needs to follow the bloodstream to show where there might be obstructions, or where the blood simply doesn't flow. Hum... a delicate Auram spell could probably work - a little bit of repeated pressure to make fluids circulate in your veins. Or perhaps you could manage to, er, manually pump your heart with such a spell."

"I should have enough finesse to create such a spell and keep it going...I guess I will have to try that then."
Crexia said then she nodded to herself.
"It should not be to difficult..."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Then it is quite plausible that the actual number of potentially preserved, er, Avatar glands is far lower than we might otherwise fear..."

"If the actual glands are taken but yes let us hope so."

He nodded, "But of course... Hum... I suppose it would be interesting to test mixing a few drops of your, er, blood with a few drops of the serum in a test tube, see how the two interact..."

"Agreed but not inside the confines of this time manipulation field in case the reaction is...aggressive."
Crexia said and she nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "Fair enough - however, I am inclined to suspect your Lichdom potion can reach the bloodstream from the digestive tract without issue, while the serum with the Primium particles... can not."

"It can, my veins are filled with it and I drunk it..."
The old archmage said and frowned clearly the topic was a little sore for her.

He nodded, "Remove the Primium, though, and chances might improve drastically, since the clumps don't neccessarily cause tissue damage like, say, a bullet would..."

"A very skilled teleporter with the right Paradigm might be able to help my old client then..."
Udella said hopefully.

He nodded, "But with this fragment of knowledge from the future - in particular how to locate the Primium clumps - it might be possible to help him surgically. Possibly even save his life from the traffic accident."

"I hope you are right old friend, however the problem is that the man...avoid everything to do with doctor's offices and medicine right now, he will go to a healer but not to anyone practicing school medicine...he have gotten quite skittish."
Udella said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "I suspect getting attacked directly forced her to break out of her previous limitations - and like a molting crab or spider, creating a new strong outer shell, or in her case a disguise, takes a bit of time. She might assume a new form to conceal herself, she might not..."

"Perhaps she will have no need to conceal herself again, at least not while you are her host...you do seam to be accepting her as she is, scars and all."
Udella said and glanced over at you.
"But yes I do believe your theory on this are likely correct old friend."

He leaned back, "Hum... you weren't there when Mr. Karyak sang his Avatar out... or when he coaxed Master Nassa's or Beatrice's Avatars out, for that matter, though I wasn't there for those two, either... But the one who has deliberately manifested outside, if it's who I think it is, seems human enough to not rouse immediate suspicion."

"Sebastian Norris is the man's name and he have called his manifested Avatar Connie, and yes she do appear fairly human, a bit odd clearly but fully human I doubt a sleeper would make a guess that she is in reality a manifested soul."
Crexia said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "It was a little peculiar talking to them without knowing, too..."

The old lich grinned at that.
"Yes...I suspect they can at that."

He frowned, "I suppose blocking Moloch from manifesting qualifies... but we wouldn't want to try unless we're certain there's some useful information in that timeline."

"Agreed...but I would need to know what Mr Roth Hicks hope to gain from such an action first to see if the gain justify the cost."
Crexia agreed.

He pondered, then frowned, "You know, the Virtual Adepts could probably manage to get quite a bit of information out, if they coordinated a heroic information gathering mission to MECHA... It would get messy, obviously, but... the payoff might be more than worth any losses. With such information on the Computer, that might even be enough to dislodge the Void Engineers and bring them to our side as an added bonus..."

"Yes...probably...and I know for sure Primus Quey would support such a mission since it might save some of our own, including her children...it would be risky but might be worth it. I am not so sure it would help with the Void Engineers but some information might be found out...however if we are going to examine the Computer we would need to go to the machine realm...not MECHA, as it is in that static realm that foul being is said to reside in, but as MECHA is owned by the Iteration X we might be able to get some good information from such a raid regardless."
Crexia said and her brow furrowed in thought.

He grinned, "Oh, I think I will see quite a lot of that fire and passion when we rescue Anna from the Etherite clinic... hum... I suppose I ought to ask you formally, though - will you provide Anna's defense?"

Udella smiled warmly.
"I would be honored to and I will do my best for her."
She said then she sigh.
"Ah yes what will happen at that clinic I hate that such a thing is necessary, it will make her even more scared of needles...poor child."

He nodded, "One step at a time. Mind you, punishment like Ordeal has its place, but more as a deterrent than as a regular thing. If it loses its shock value... no good."

"I agree but changing common practice are going to be quite a challenge and will take time but I agree someone being flogged or tortured or sentenced to become a Etherite's test subject should be a rare occurrence reserved for those who truly deserve it and not something...fairly common or it will have little effect other than to breed bitterness and hatred."
Udella said and nodded.

He shrugged, "If that tin can enables the mouse to roll itself out of the spot where the elephant sets its foot down - yes, that is better. It is not much better, but even, say, half a percent of improvement to the chance of survival is better than no improvement to the chance of survival... And if the thing is downed, it might move with, er, the equivalent of a limp. All the same, better hope to avoid the situation altogether."

"True enough..."
Was all Crexia had to say about that.
"But try to avoid being on the battle cruiser if it takes of for the Deep Umbra..."

(OOC: No problem long posts is fun but off course that do limit how often I can reply.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:47 pm

So they where but if the king is an Aswadim I have no idea what the key can be if it is something that would entice an Aswadim so I find it more likely that they would be looking for some secret to get an Aswadim here rather than something to offer him."
Cara said and frowned.

"That would fit with the picture. They are holding chains and shackles behind their backs. Perhaps they plan on trapping the Aswadim and dragging him into the physical world?" Serge offered.

"Hum...I have heard Blake's name but like I said I know nothing about her, in either case if we assume the three women are actually three Fallen women doing a ritual the question is still who they are..."

"One of the most powerful Nephandi recruiters. At least according to Master Morgan. He seemed quite worried when the name was mentioned during my interrogation of a Nephandus prisoner. Although I am not sure if that was just general fear or if he was actually fearing her return to Boston." Serge explained.

"I know nothing about that situation so I really can not comment, but if this woman is as Steelhaven you can speak with that Chantry's Deacons about her but I am sure they have some guards on this woman if she is Larson's daughter...."
Cara said and frowned.

"The situation with her is...interesting. But I am sure Master Morgan is checking on her and the rest of the worrisome prisoners."

"No we did not, she shot herself when she realized that all hope was gone for her plans to avoid being taken alive, she was healed but it is doubtful she will ever wake up again."

"Now when you say she 'won't ever wake up again'. Is that because she's dead or is she in a coma?" Serge asked.

"Nurturing, kindness, beauty, deception, the Pillar of Severity, Water and Earth, West and North...the list go rather on and on to what femininity and women can symbolize..."
Cara said and raised an eyebrow.

"Deception seems like the main theme here." Serge said glancing back at the picture of the king and the women.

"Agreed...the question is what they are activating."
She said and looked at you.

"Perhaps it is a ritual to free all of their captured within the walls of the chantry?" Serge suggested.

"I remember during my talk with a prisoner, he mentioned that Lisa has been quite aggressive with her plans recently. Risking her people's lives without much thought for stealth or subterfuge. Perhaps she wanted some of her men within the walls of the chantry as prisoners? Although when I say it out loud it sounds kind of unlikely."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:49 pm

"That would fit with the picture. They are holding chains and shackles behind their backs. Perhaps they plan on trapping the Aswadim and dragging him into the physical world?" Serge offered.

"That is quite possible, the question then are how they are planning on accomplishing such such a task which definitively will not bode well for us...who on earth can actually trap an Oracle..."
Cara said and frowned.

"One of the most powerful Nephandi recruiters. At least according to Master Morgan. He seemed quite worried when the name was mentioned during my interrogation of a Nephandus prisoner. Although I am not sure if that was just general fear or if he was actually fearing her return to Boston." Serge explained.

"That sounds pretty bad...perhaps I should tell our own Security Chief about this woman, so he at least is notified...another question then is how this Jodie Blake fits into the rest of this mess? Can I ask what your prisoner had to say about her Mr Yager?"
She asked and looked at you.

"The situation with her is...interesting. But I am sure Master Morgan is checking on her and the rest of the worrisome prisoners."

"Then that situation is probably well in hand I hear that Master Morgan is a most competent man."
Cara said but she seamed a bit concerned.

"Now when you say she 'won't ever wake up again'. Is that because she's dead or is she in a coma?" Serge asked.

"She is in a coma, Abigail shot herself in the head, one of our Verbena saved her but she do not seam to be waking up, I do not know how much damage is left..."
The Criamon explained.

"Deception seems like the main theme here." Serge said glancing back at the picture of the king and the women.

"Yes well Nephandi are not known for their great moral fortitude but yes it do seam that these three women or what they represent are going to betray their own...which usually would be good, but given what they might be doing with that betrayal we are going to have to stop them..."

"Perhaps it is a ritual to free all of their captured within the walls of the chantry?" Serge suggested.

"Something to dispell what holds their magick...perhaps...but even so what can a couple of mages do drapped deep inside a Chantry? Unless there are some...greater plan at work here..."

"I remember during my talk with a prisoner, he mentioned that Lisa has been quite aggressive with her plans recently. Risking her people's lives without much thought for stealth or subterfuge. Perhaps she wanted some of her men within the walls of the chantry as prisoners? Although when I say it out loud it sounds kind of unlikely."

"Unlikely yes perhaps...but not impossible...I mean it is a pretty old tactic you have heard about the Trojan horse I presume...perhaps we can go and talk with Joakim, our Security Chief I do not feel comfortable handling all of this on my own, if something this serious is going on I would like to alert some of the senior Chantry members, if you don't mind..."
The sage said and she gave you an uncertain look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm

"It is possible since time do not mean the same in such places...well I will assume I have not been to the non place that the Caul send it's victims, so it is possible Claire's Avatar could have hid a part of itself on the Seragina even if it's accident where much later than what happened to the poor girl."
The archmage said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Time is perhaps the oddest element in this entire chain of events - or rather, this set of circles."

"Hum...yes the Primi might decide to show mercy under such circumstances...I am worried about this attack on Horizon though that do unnerve me a bit...that realm is our stronghold..."
Crexia said and frowned.
He frowned, "I am... fairly certain the attack will not be an attempt at conquering the stronghold, but rather an assassination attempt or terror attack. The participants are... likely aware that it will be a one way trip... Perhaps it is to attempt to soften the Traditions for something worse later."
He pondered, "I would hazard that the stress of that attack may be what convinces Dr. Spence to step down and pass his Seat to the Admiral, actually - she'll be able to prepare better long-range warning and defense systems with, among other things, zeppelin carriers far above Horizon..."

"I am not sure about the number of seeds but I am sure we have a lexicon somewhere that can give you that information."
Crexia said.
"Perhaps you should find someone with the right knowledge and have them examine the cone, if that is something the two of you would be comfortable with."
He shook his head, "It was more of a rhetorical question - there's usually one or two seeds per scale, I think, and the number of scales to a pine cone depends on the size... The specific number of seeds is not relevant."

The old lich nodded.
"Her Avatar might have known the rote from the time she was of House Diedne...that House where never to...ehm...Hermetic not really they learned some but kept to their own ways, that is part of the reason many was distrustful of them before the war..."
He frowned, "That distrust... was mutual, and not all on either side has entirely managed to let it go, it seems..."

"And ask the executioners to be sure to burn the woman's body to the finest of ash..."
Crexia muttered darkly.
He nodded, "That's what I remember they did... She's strong and proud - even manages to stand up on her own after... well, she got up long enough to die standing; it was... clean and swift."

"Off course he will be given the time he need...are you sure the examination can't cause him pain or harm though? I am sure Chief Joakim will ask about that, he is quite protective of the boy and so are his other apprentices as well."
Crexia said and nodded.
He nodded, "As sure as I can be about anything medical. He'll likely experience some discomfort from the contrast fluid injection, though, but not so much as to be directly painful..."

"I should have enough finesse to create such a spell and keep it going...I guess I will have to try that then."
Crexia said then she nodded to herself.
"It should not be to difficult..."
He nodded, "You've had a long time to know every part of your body - I expect you'll find little difficulty getting your blood pumping in a close enough approximation of a living heartbeat."

"Agreed but not inside the confines of this time manipulation field in case the reaction is...aggressive."
Crexia said and she nodded in agreement.
He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, best perform that test before bringing Allison to have her head scanned, then - if the reaction is violent, testing someone still under the influence of the serum would be... unwise."

"A very skilled teleporter with the right Paradigm might be able to help my old client then..."
Udella said hopefully.
He nodded, "A teleporter with atomic precision, able to pluck only living cells out of a volume of space while leaving the Primium bits behind... It would be difficult, I think, but possible."

"I hope you are right old friend, however the problem is that the man...avoid everything to do with doctor's offices and medicine right now, he will go to a healer but not to anyone practicing school medicine...he have gotten quite skittish."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "Hence why I would recommend Dr. Mossly - she's quite adept at both and will work with him to find and not stomp over his limits..."

"Perhaps she will have no need to conceal herself again, at least not while you are her host...you do seam to be accepting her as she is, scars and all."
Udella said and glanced over at you.
"But yes I do believe your theory on this are likely correct old friend."
He smiled wryly, "There's a saying, the most wonderful people are the ones who have been broken. I try to live up to that myself, and... she rather is."

"Sebastian Norris is the man's name and he have called his manifested Avatar Connie, and yes she do appear fairly human, a bit odd clearly but fully human I doubt a sleeper would make a guess that she is in reality a manifested soul."
Crexia said and nodded.
He nodded, "Yes, the names do sound familiar. She suggested I learn Enochian, but was a little more vague on where I could find a teacher..."
He pondered, grinning slyly, "Hum, I suppose I could try to ask Mia; that'd hardly be a violation of Hermetic Law..."

"Yes...probably...and I know for sure Primus Quey would support such a mission since it might save some of our own, including her children...it would be risky but might be worth it. I am not so sure it would help with the Void Engineers but some information might be found out...however if we are going to examine the Computer we would need to go to the machine realm...not MECHA, as it is in that static realm that foul being is said to reside in, but as MECHA is owned by the Iteration X we might be able to get some good information from such a raid regardless."
Crexia said and her brow furrowed in thought.
He nodded, "MECHA would likely be a safer place to gain more intel on the machine realm and the Computer than a direct assault on the machine realm itself..."
He smiled wryly, "And if we could take the whole place out somehow, that would be a delicious victory, as well..."

Udella smiled warmly.
"I would be honored to and I will do my best for her."
She said then she sigh.
"Ah yes what will happen at that clinic I hate that such a thing is necessary, it will make her even more scared of needles...poor child."
He nodded, "Agreed - on the other hand, it will help protect her from more needles in the future, as well... poor dear."

"I agree but changing common practice are going to be quite a challenge and will take time but I agree someone being flogged or tortured or sentenced to become a Etherite's test subject should be a rare occurrence reserved for those who truly deserve it and not something...fairly common or it will have little effect other than to breed bitterness and hatred."
Udella said and nodded.
He frowned, "Indeed - flogging is... appropriate for certain offenses, I suppose, but being reduced to a lab animal is... somewhere past being merely unethical and cruel..."

"True enough..."
Was all Crexia had to say about that.
"But try to avoid being on the battle cruiser if it takes of for the Deep Umbra..."
He grinned wryly, "I will gladly make every effort to avoid that."

((OOC: Well, we'll have to try to cut down a few of the dialogue branches, as it were. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, knowing full well what it felt to actually have a job that you actually enjoyed. 'Not fit for purpose, I think. Far too close to the city itself for that kind of thing... it was hard enough to sneak the Buffalo down the river - and by the time I'd got there even parts construction had long ended. Rather felt like Detroit itself; a place which it's glory days had come and gone.'

'Yeah, I'll take a look at Steelhaven. Don't want to put you out further than you already have; perhaps there's an apprentice 'round here who's not too busy?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:18 pm

"That is quite possible, the question then are how they are planning on accomplishing such such a task which definitively will not bode well for us...who on earth can actually trap an Oracle..."
Cara said and frowned.

"We may need an expert to comment on that. I'm afraid my knowledge of the Oracle's and even the Nephandi is somewhat limited." Serge admitted.

"That sounds pretty bad...perhaps I should tell our own Security Chief about this woman, so he at least is notified...another question then is how this Jodie Blake fits into the rest of this mess? Can I ask what your prisoner had to say about her Mr Yager?"
She asked and looked at you.

"Notifying your own Security Chief is probably for the best. The warning came from your chantry and we are allies so I see no reason to hide this information." Serge said.

"As for Jodie Blake, I could not get much information about her from the prisoner. I know he was recruited by her. She seems to use her charm to attract potential recruits and then talks them into the Nephandi. The prisoner told me that he fell in love with her at a grocery store and eventually listened and agreed to what she said. I believe that was all he was willing to share." Serge said explaining what he had learned from Siege.

"She is in a coma, Abigail shot herself in the head, one of our Verbena saved her but she do not seam to be waking up, I do not know how much damage is left..."
The Criamon explained.

"Have any of your mages skilled in Mind Magick attempted to probe through her mind?" Serge asked.

"Of course the thought of peering into the mind of a powerful Nephandi does not sound pleasant. In fact it sounds outright dangerous. Still, if she is alive then she may hold valuable information within her mind."

"Something to dispell what holds their magick...perhaps...but even so what can a couple of mages do drapped deep inside a Chantry? Unless there are some...greater plan at work here..."

"The goal of this invasion is to retrieve at three items from our chantry. A widderslainte, Lisa Larson's daughter, and a mage skilled in chronomancy. It would be incredibly difficult for one person or even a small team to get all of those items by themselves. Perhaps releasing the prisoners could be a small distraction while they try to retrieve the ritual items."

"Unlikely yes perhaps...but not impossible...I mean it is a pretty old tactic you have heard about the Trojan horse I presume...perhaps we can go and talk with Joakim, our Security Chief I do not feel comfortable handling all of this on my own, if something this serious is going on I would like to alert some of the senior Chantry members, if you don't mind..."
The sage said and she gave you an uncertain look.

"Notifying the Security Chief is probably for the best. They can probably give us a more informed guess as to what the Nephandi might be planning. I also want to inform Master Morgan of what I've learned here." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 pm

"Well my Mentor where always softer and kinder to me than my own father but yes I do see your point, with my son it was more that I tried to teach him but I did not do well, a fine Jerbiton Master took him in and managed to do what I could not, but yes it could be that I was to close to the boy."
Udella said and nodded.

"Pardon, but did you say House Jerbiton? Hrm, I've heard vague rumours that something was happening in that House too...as to what I have no idea, other than what happened to the poor girl we rescued."

"So when young Claire entered the Caul she managed to save one piece of her purity and then later leave that for you in the form of a pine cone?" Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow. "Well I can not dispute that it worked to reach Mattea Carlyle...and you say it will also help this Kyle, that is Master Morgan's new student is it not? Rumor spread quickly...and you say one of your future children will fall or be born widderslainte Mr Wainwright? That can not be a plesant thought."

"I would have said the same before that it is not pleasant, only I think...there is something to it. That these specific widderslainte are popping up around us, so to speak.  I didn't consider that the ship has an avatar it might sense another...hrm..."

"I guess Miss Carlyle's Avatar is tired...poor thing, well I will make sure it's wish are fulfilled as quickly and...with as little pain as possible and that it's hosts are given the choice between life and death and that she will be cared for if she choose life..."
Crexia said and frowned. "Well that pine cone was of immense help in communicating with the poor soul."

"Yes, the avatar specifically requested that Matty be given the choice of what to do...after, which is allowed by law...I discussed it with one of you, though I suppose it seems you could not hear all of the conversation?"

The old archmage asked. "And the heart's blood rote would make sense for Miss Alexander for she is a member of the Verbena however young Claire was an Hermetic...it makes little sense for her to leave something that needs a Verbena specialty to use."

"Yes, I did examine it. I also have...communicated with my avatar about it to help me understand what to do, what it is for...what it is not for. Such as the...caul, I...at any rate, the Heart's Blood rote came to the Hermetics from the Diedne, either as one of us said, by a captured member during the War or before, when they helped us with spontaneous magic. So, as my amicus says, it isn't a bad fit. The version I know if it is a ritualized one, based on the tree of life. Trees are an important symbol to many magii. It represents children, and rebirth on the physical plane as well as finding and keeping paths...but yes, there are certain hints about which seeds are those that are viable."

"I am not sure about the number of seeds but I am sure we have a lexicon somewhere that can give you that information." Crexia said. "Perhaps you should find someone with the right knowledge and have them examine the cone, if that is something the two of you would be comfortable with."

"Who would you suggest?"

"You do not have to speak more of the experiences you have had, your mystery than you are comfortable with Sodalis...I am afraid I can say little to offer advice, I can only say this pine cone is fascinating, I have never heard of anything similar to that in all of my long years."

"It's something that needs to be kept discreet. The fewer people that know, the safer it likely will be; I hesitate as we're about to go into another battle but I would tell Colin the story of us, since his avatar does seem involved as part of our...soul family and I will have no better chance to tell him than now. May I borrow your tablet?" he requested to Crexia. He can decide how much he thinks is safe to disclose..."

He nodded, "I suspect it was intended by Claire's Avatar to be for Beatrice in her next incarnation - Fallen or not, you two still ended up close. As for others... that may have been a lucky coincidence more than planning. Not that I believe much in coincidence, mind you..."

"I don't know that it is coincidence. It seems that these are avatars that our avatars have known. Though that may be often the case, there seems more to it. Beatrice's avatar was hosted by  Claire who was hosted by the Red Woman of the Schism War. Artu is now hosted by Kyle, who was Dylan's executioner. Anna may be your former cabalmate...and as for your next child...someone I have not yet met, or my avatar I mean."

"Banish it from her?" he speculated. "I don't know, but she should be given high protections against spirit, at least. No wonder she seemed...so confident."

"She can be hard to understand but she is usually friendly and so is her host." Crexia said and nodded. "It can be a bit peculiar talking to them when one know what she is though."
"Yes they can, that soul have chosen to remain manifest, she is still then just a projection from her being inside of her host's soul though, and yes usually one would need somewhat advanced magick to even see an Avatar, unless they choose to be seen. However yes there is substance to Avatars but not substance in a way that you and I perceive it. That manifested Avatar however just create the illusion of flesh and bones so we can see her, but that flesh is just an illusion."
Crexia said and nodded.

"Ah...yes, I have met them, then. I didn't realise...recall when I said that we needed assistance to return a Fallen avatar that was following us? Hrm, so I was talking to an avatar...she did say some strange things, none of them good." He frowned.

He raised an eyebrow at him. "No, I was not there. But Beatrice's avatar has revealed itself to me already. It certainly was...not something I would assume was a spirit of any kind, or regular human."

// @ Anja - no problem : ) I was asleep then anyway lol - these posts have gotten this long since our characters haven't had any time to talk about the nine million things that have happened I assume when they've gotten all above board, then they'll go back to normal.
@Warp - Yeah, I know I'm a bit reclusive until I get to know people xD It's not to offend you or anything, it just takes me a while to open up

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:38 pm

"Pardon, but did you say House Jerbiton? Hrm, I've heard vague rumours that something was happening in that House too...as to what I have no idea, other than what happened to the poor girl we rescued."
He shook his head, "Not Jerbiton - Janissary. I don't know what the troubles there will turn out to be... but miss Bergen will be forced to check in at the Security Office with an irritating regularity."

"I would have said the same before that it is not pleasant, only I think...there is something to it. That these specific widderslainte are popping up around us, so to speak. I didn't consider that the ship has an avatar it might sense another...hrm..."
He frowned, "You think perhaps my future widderslainte child with be the reincarnation of one of the Fallen we've... killed this week? It's possible. In fact... I've entertained the notion it might be the reincarnation of Warden. Well, better her than Gabriel... I don't think the Serafina has an Avatar, though - more that my accidental temporal spell echoed a little; enough for Beatrice's... I mean, Claire's Avatar to notice..."

"Yes, the avatar specifically requested that Matty be given the choice of what to do...after, which is allowed by law...I discussed it with one of you, though I suppose it seems you could not hear all of the conversation?"
He shook his head, "I was rather... preoccupied with miss Carlyle herself at the time - she was quite distraught, and for good reason, poor girl..."

"Yes, I did examine it. I also have...communicated with my avatar about it to help me understand what to do, what it is for...what it is not for. Such as the...caul, I...at any rate, the Heart's Blood rote came to the Hermetics from the Diedne, either as one of us said, by a captured member during the War or before, when they helped us with spontaneous magic. So, as my amicus says, it isn't a bad fit. The version I know if it is a ritualized one, based on the tree of life. Trees are an important symbol to many magii. It represents children, and rebirth on the physical plane as well as finding and keeping paths...but yes, there are certain hints about which seeds are those that are viable."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Probably something learned earlier, before the Schism. Hm, I would not be surprised to learn Tremere himself was particularly interested in that Rote..."

"Who would you suggest?"
He looked up at Adley, "Master Nassa is the first name to come to mind. And... to be honest, there aren't any others that immediately spring up, as a matter of confidentiality and direct involvement. Sorry, Lady Crexia, but you're a... second tier candidate in this case, no offense intended."

"It's something that needs to be kept discreet. The fewer people that know, the safer it likely will be; I hesitate as we're about to go into another battle but I would tell Colin the story of us, since his avatar does seem involved as part of our...soul family and I will have no better chance to tell him than now. May I borrow your tablet?" he requested to Crexia. He can decide how much he thinks is safe to disclose..."
He arched an eyebrow, "You need that much added discretion, in here? Damn, this must be even more personal than I'd thought..."

"I don't know that it is coincidence. It seems that these are avatars that our avatars have known. Though that may be often the case, there seems more to it. Beatrice's avatar was hosted by Claire who was hosted by the Red Woman of the Schism War. Artu is now hosted by Kyle, who was Dylan's executioner. Anna may be your former cabalmate...and as for your next child...someone I have not yet met, or my avatar I mean."
He nodded thoughtfully.

"Banish it from her?" he speculated. "I don't know, but she should be given high protections against spirit, at least. No wonder she seemed...so confident."
He smiled thinly, "She's actually terrified, but so very proud... She may be the fiercest, most courageous warrior I have met; I sincerely doubt her confidence was based on any pregnancy... Defiance, on the other hand, seems a far more likely root of that confidence. She'll not give us the satisfaction of seeing her afraid or weak... and I suppose that very thing is what rendered her vulnerable to my gentler approach."

"Ah...yes, I have met them, then. I didn't realise...recall when I said that we needed assistance to return a Fallen avatar that was following us? Hrm, so I was talking to an avatar...she did say some strange things, none of them good." He frowned.
He frowned, "Oh, of course, the poor Avatar that had been, er, caught in a machine and was... poltergeisting Master Narim's office. I'd forgotten about that one..."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "No, I was not there. But Beatrice's avatar has revealed itself to me already. It certainly was...not something I would assume was a spirit of any kind, or regular human."
He nodded, "Her withered angel with void-like eyes... I have hopes we can help the poor fellow get some... life into itself again. Or was it another form it took at that point?"

((OOC: No offense taken, S7trif3 - but for a moment, I wondered if you'd mentioned earlier and it had completely slipped by me unnoticed. And that would have been a little more embarassing, I guess. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next