Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 23 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:56 am

"Let me see we have had a dead Nephandus in one of our Nodes, several attacks, an attempted Gilgul on a Chantry member, issues with vampires, a fallout with an allied Chantry, been attacked by a Marauder...I died at one point...yeah it have been quite a week."
Francesca said with a tired frown.

"Well then.....that's....certainly a week of events....." Serge said not sure how to respond to the statement.

"That seams like a rather good analysis."
Francesca said and looked at the drawing.
"Ah please forgive me Mr Yager I like art and appriciate it but I do not know to much about how to analyze it."
She said still looking at the drawing.
"But from what you say it seams we should try to get home as soon as possible."

"Yeah that's another theme in the picture. The hourglass with no sand in it and the wounded soldier next to it signifying our fight against time." Serge said pointing to the two other images in the picture.

"Perhaps we should stop talking about it. We can't go back home until your colleagues arrive so their's no point in stressing about something that we can do nothing about. And from the sounds of things, stress is the last thing you need. You said you liked art right? Here's a picture of what I thought Steelhaven would like when I was coming over."

Serge said as he flipped to the page in his sketchbook showing the grandiose castle he had drawn during the car trip to the Chantry.

"And here's a dragon that the young sage drew for me when I said that my castle needed a dragon." Serge said pulling out  the picture of the simple dragon Meg had drawn for him and placing on top his own castle drawing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 23 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:08 am

"Well then.....that's....certainly a week of events....." Serge said not sure how to respond to the statement.

"It certainly have been."
Francesca said and sigh.
"Well I am going to get more coffee, would you want anything?"
She said and nodded at a table in the back of the room full of cups, a water boiler and a coffee pot.

"Yeah that's another theme in the picture. The hourglass with no sand in it and the wounded soldier next to it signifying our fight against time." Serge said pointing to the two other images in the picture.

"Yes I certainly can relate to the fight against time, we have been doing that all week."
The Euthanathos said and sigh.

"Perhaps we should stop talking about it. We can't go back home until your colleagues arrive so their's no point in stressing about something that we can do nothing about. And from the sounds of things, stress is the last thing you need. You said you liked art right? Here's a picture of what I thought Steelhaven would like when I was coming over."

"You are right off course, we should not discuss it further right now, both for privacy reasons and because working ourselves up right now will not help those back home."
Francesca said she looked at the drawing of the castle and smiled.
"Oh my well that would have been more fun would it not if that is how Steelhaven really looked and it do make me wonder what the place Master Steelhaven originally lived in was like, they say say that he was born before the Traditions was formed so he would have been trained in a Hermetic Covenant..."
She said and smiled a little.
"You are good at drawing Mr Yager."

"And here's a dragon that the young sage drew for me when I said that my castle needed a dragon." Serge said pulling out the picture of the simple dragon Meg had drawn for him and placing on top his own castle drawing.

"Aww that is so cute, this was drawn by that little Criamon girl they have here at Morningstar right?"
Francesca said and smiled.
"She might be a little weird but she is just so adorable, I saw her earlier when we arrived here yesterday evening."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 am

"It certainly have been."
Francesca said and sigh.
"Well I am going to get more coffee, would you want anything?"
She said and nodded at a table in the back of the room full of cups, a water boiler and a coffee pot.

"Some water would be fine." Serge said not really being a fan of coffee.

Francesca said she looked at the drawing of the castle and smiled.
"Oh my well that would have been more fun would it not if that is how Steelhaven really looked and it do make me wonder what the place Master Steelhaven originally lived in was like, they say say that he was born before the Traditions was formed so he would have been trained in a Hermetic Covenant..."

"Before the tradition were formed! Damn! Imagine the stories he could tell." Serge said excitedly.

"I heard that he was an Archmage of Mind. Imagine the tricks I could learn from him." Serge said as the image of him mind-controlling a crowd of cheering people slowly crept into his mind.

She said and smiled a little.
"You are good at drawing Mr Yager."

"Thanks. I've been drawing for most of my childhood. It'd be weird if I wasn't somewhat decent at it." Serge said with a smile.

"Aww that is so cute, this was drawn by that little Criamon girl they have here at Morningstar right?"
"She might be a little weird but she is just so adorable, I saw her earlier when we arrived here yesterday evening."

"Yeah she's a cool little kid. Love her drawings too. Not to mention her magick is awesome. I mean...drawing the future! That's just awesome." Serge said excitedly.

"She also drew this cool picture of me." Serge said pulling out the picture that Meg gave him when he left her room.

"I kinda wanna see if I can use it in my magick. You know like draw some glasses on it and make someone think that I'm wearing glasses and really sophisticated. Maybe draw a tattoo or a scar on my cheek and have someone see it in real life and make myself look badass. Or draw a really scary background and see if I can make everyone scared of me."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:47 am

"There is a bottle of carbonated orange soda."
Udella said and fished the glass bottle out of the basket and handed it to you.
"Here you go."

"Well silliness aside fantasy literature do help the Consensus not stagnate completely and lead more than a few people down the path to Awakening, but yes thank you the example is pretty good for how time work with space indeed."
Crexia said and nodded approvingly.
He chuckled, "Just make sure that if you borrow space from the future, evacuate that space before the payment comes due. Though I suppose it would make for a hilarious if vulgar trick to borrow the volume of an elevator for five minutes when you knew Technocrats would be taking the same elevator five minutes later..."

"It is a difficult thing to leave one of the Primi in danger but yes if we disturb the timeline the Seat of Time might not be saves and from you say if Mr Dale do not come to visit you in the future the mission to save Miss Bergen might not have gone so well so I will follow your advice old friend but I can not say I completely like it."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "No, I don't like it very much, myself - but that's one configuration of people and events we have good reason to believe will not have fatal consequences for the people involved... or worse."

((OOC: Aight, then I wait for S7trif3 to post, so we can wobble out of the bubble together, and rejoin the panic. Wink Hope we can get the time for a quick scan, though, and a chat with those Cultists. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Serge:

"Some water would be fine." Serge said not really being a fan of coffee.

"Water I can can get you but there are some tea as well if you prefer."
The Euthanathos said and nodded towards the table with the tea and coffee cups.

"Before the tradition were formed! Damn! Imagine the stories he could tell." Serge said excitedly.

"Yeah Master Steelhaven would have seen it all, the formation of Horizon, the first Tribunal, all of it..."
Francesca said.
"I would have loved to hear some of his stories."

"I heard that he was an Archmage of Mind. Imagine the tricks I could learn from him." Serge said as the image of him mind-controlling a crowd of cheering people slowly crept into his mind.

The death maga smiled a little sadly at that.
"You better hurry if you want to ask the man to teach you anything then for he will be leaving this reality soon, he have announced that he is going to go out into the Umbra in search of the Oracles soon to become a Postulant...and we are all going to miss him when he go. Master Steelhaven is a good man."

"Thanks. I've been drawing for most of my childhood. It'd be weird if I wasn't somewhat decent at it." Serge said with a smile.

"I guess you are right about that, even so it is a good skill to have."
Fran said and giggled.
"I can sew but I could not draw a decent picture if my life depended on it."

"Yeah she's a cool little kid. Love her drawings too. Not to mention her magick is awesome. I mean...drawing the future! That's just awesome." Serge said excitedly.

"She is of House Criamon I hear they are mystics and sages but yeah that is pretty cool."
Fran agreed.

"She also drew this cool picture of me." Serge said pulling out the picture that Meg gave him when he left her room.

The Euthanathos bent over the drawing and studied it.
"That is actually a pretty good likeness of you."
She said and glanced up at you.

"I kinda wanna see if I can use it in my magick. You know like draw some glasses on it and make someone think that I'm wearing glasses and really sophisticated. Maybe draw a tattoo or a scar on my cheek and have someone see it in real life and make myself look badass. Or draw a really scary background and see if I can make everyone scared of me."

"That is a pretty good idea...if you laminate the drawing then there are markers you can buy that you can wipe off again so you can do it more than once."
She advices.
"Well some would say it is a less scary form of magick than rattling bones like I do at least."
She said and giggled again.

Colin:

He chuckled, "Just make sure that if you borrow space from the future, evacuate that space before the payment comes due. Though I suppose it would make for a hilarious if vulgar trick to borrow the volume of an elevator for five minutes when you knew Technocrats would be taking the same elevator five minutes later..."

"I could think of simpler thing to do with the Technocrats in the elevator...hum borrowing space from the future...well I have my pocket realm so I do not have much use for it but it could work...hum perhaps I will have to try it out at some time."
Crexia said and tapped her lips as she considered.
"It should work fairly well."

He nodded, "No, I don't like it very much, myself - but that's one configuration of people and events we have good reason to believe will not have fatal consequences for the people involved... or worse."

Udella nodded but she did not look happy about not warning the Primi.
"Let us hope this works out as it did in your vision then."
She commented.

(OOC: Agreed. Well if there are no time for it there are probably someone with Corr 4 or more somewhere who can be bribed to bring Colin back to Chicago and then return him to Boston.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Anja's Post:

Another smile, a gentle nod at this. 'Cool. Have a favour to ask... can I use your lab for a little bit? My gear still in packing cases.' ending with a little "are we done?" look to Renee.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:54 pm

"Hum...yes that should not be a problem no. I do not have a dedicated lab there is a lab down in the basement we all can use, but some of my equipment is down there at the moment."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.
"You are welcome to borrow what you need Miss Nicole."
He said softly.

Renee nodded to you.
"Well I should conclude things with Master Morgan, I hope you will be happy at Steelhaven Nicole..."
She said then she nodded to Anton.
"Good day Mr Von Hess."
She said politely before leaving and he gave a small bow.
"Ah yes off course, good day Mrs Rembrandt."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Anja's Post:

Once bidding Renee goodbye, Nicole gave a nod to Anton. 'Would you mind showing me where it is? Easier than simply wandering around.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm

"I can do that off course Miss, just let me tell my wife."
Anton said then he turned and glanced at the woman who where tending to the two pepole who seamed to be in some sort of fugue state.
"Julia I will be right back, I am going to show Miss Bouchard here to the lab."
He said and the woman named Julia nodded.
"Very well Anton I will remain here in the meantime."
She said and the hedge wizard turned to you.
"Ready to go then Miss Nicole?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked like she was about to say something, but didn't. Instead she gave a nod and signalled for Anton to take the lead.

'What's with those two people in there?' she asked curiously as they'd began their journey.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Anton lead the way down the corridor and sigh.
"Members of House Mercere...the messengers of the Order of Hermes most members of their House are regular mundanes but some of them follow the path of Mercere the Founder himself...they are former mages who...well are not mages anymore."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.
"Sometimes House Mercere takes care of those who have such a tragedy happen to them, by accident or Paradox or in rare cases by the intent of others, they came here sine Mr Gregario's apprentice Miss Florentine is important for something involving what is going on, I do not know exactly what and it is not my place to ask, she was...in such a state when she arrived but he was functioning well but...they saw something they...could not handle and now they need someone taking care of them. Me and my wife have seen our share of...pain so while we can not fully understand what they are going through we know how it is to suffer and what one might need when life do not seam worth living."
He said softly.
"Not that what we are going seam to be helping much."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Anja's Post:

'Is it... permanent?' Nicole asked, following Anton.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:32 pm

"For those two yes it is...Mr Gregario was the victim of a nasty case that happened on Horizon a few decades past, some Hermetics made a business out of kidnapping young Orphans and feeding their Avatars to some monstrosities that live on an island there that feed on Avatars and excrete Quintessence, they where eventually found and punished for their crimes, Mr Gregario are the only survivor of that scandal."
Anton said sadly.
"Miss Florentine however was...found to be a widderslainte and without a powerful Master willing to protect her she was sentenced to Gilgul...a most cruel fate..."
He said and shook his head.
"It is a wonder the two of them are still alive, when death is not given as a mercy immediately after such a punishment few live very long, a mage that looses their magick are like a bird who can't fly, they loose their will to live..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 pm

"Water I can can get you but there are some tea as well if you prefer."
The Euthanathos said and nodded towards the table with the tea and coffee cups.

"Nah water is fine. Tea and Coffee always annoyed me. Tastes weird." Serge said simply.

The death maga smiled a little sadly at that.
"You better hurry if you want to ask the man to teach you anything then for he will be leaving this reality soon, he have announced that he is going to go out into the Umbra in search of the Oracles soon to become a Postulant...and we are all going to miss him when he go. Master Steelhaven is a good man."

"I still haven't met him yet. What's he like? In fact what does he look like. Everyone's always saying how old he is. Does he look old?" Serge asked.

"She is of House Criamon I hear they are mystics and sages but yeah that is pretty cool."
Fran agreed.

"I remember hearing my Mentor talk about House Criamon. Apparently they share similar methods with the Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said remebering his mentorship with Angelica and the lessons he had learned from her.

"That is a pretty good idea...if you laminate the drawing then there are markers you can buy that you can wipe off again so you can do it more than once."
She advices.

"Wow that's a much better idea than what I had in mine. I was just going to use a pencil and an eraser." Serge said with a smile.

"Well some would say it is a less scary form of magick than rattling bones like I do at least."
She said and giggled again.

"You rattle bones for your magick? That's like some wicked witch type of stuff right there. What kind of effects does that cause?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:46 pm

"Nah water is fine. Tea and Coffee always annoyed me. Tastes weird." Serge said simply.

"Well water is more healthy anyway."
Francesca said and she went to fetch herself a cup of coffee and you a glass of water before she sat down again.

"I still haven't met him yet. What's he like? In fact what does he look like. Everyone's always saying how old he is. Does he look old?" Serge asked.

"It is a bit hard to explain he sort of have elements of being both young and old in his appearance. He moves like an old man but have a young face sort of...you will see when you meet him."
She said and scratched her head.
"As for how he is, well he is grandfatherly and kind, and he always knows when someone comes to visit him."
The Euthanathos said with a small smile.

"I remember hearing my Mentor talk about House Criamon. Apparently they share similar methods with the Cult of Ecstasy."

"Yes I have heard that as well, they use meditation, circle dances, or whatever else they need to get into trances and access their magick as well as traditional Hermetic methods or so I have heard."
She said and nodded.

"Wow that's a much better idea than what I had in mine. I was just going to use a pencil and an eraser." Serge said with a smile.

"I think most stationary stores should have those pens, it could be useful."
The death magus said and grinned.

"You rattle bones for your magick? That's like some wicked witch type of stuff right there. What kind of effects does that cause?" Serge asked curiously.

"The effects I will it to have, the bones are a tool I mostly work with luck and fate magick but I can work within a few other areas of reality as well, as for wicket witch stuff, I suppose that it is yes."
She said and glanced and you and smiled.
"And you use your drawings for your magick if you do not mind me asking Mr Yager?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:08 pm

"It is a bit hard to explain he sort of have elements of being both young and old in his appearance. He moves like an old man but have a young face sort of...you will see when you meet him."
She said and scratched her head.
"As for how he is, well he is grandfatherly and kind, and he always knows when someone comes to visit him."
The Euthanathos said with a small smile.

"He sounds nice. I hope I'll get to meet him soon." Serge said with a smile.

"I think most stationary stores should have those pens, it could be useful."
The death magus said and grinned.

"I actually have no idea what kind of stores are around the chantry. I don't think I explored Boston that much either come to think of it so I don't know what its like. I should probably do that soon." Serge said.

"The effects I will it to have, the bones are a tool I mostly work with luck and fate magick but I can work within a few other areas of reality as well, as for wicket witch stuff, I suppose that it is yes."
She said and glanced and you and smiled.
"And you use your drawings for your magick if you do not mind me asking Mr Yager?"

"That's right!" Serge said with a bit too much enthusiasm as he leaned forwards and flipped through the pages in his sketchbook.

"Art is sort of my gateway from my imagination into reality. A passageway of sorts. It's my way of trying to get people to see the world how I see it." Serge explained.

"Not too mention that art influences different people in different ways. A picture of a dragon for instance.... Serge said flipping to his own picture of a large dragon head, "Can evoke fear in people or a sense of wonderment....but usually fear. Also by drawing people in different scenarios I can influence them in deeper ways. Make them actually see the different images in my drawings. Cause them see things that aren't there just like how I used to when I spent all day daydreaming as a kid." Serge explained.

"If I don't have any way to draw anything I just stare at them." Serge said widening his eyes comically and staring at the death maga. "Although that's creepy and usually a bad idea and I'll probably get shot regardless of whether the person I'm staring at is a mage or not." Serge said with a light-hearted chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:46 pm

"He sounds nice. I hope I'll get to meet him soon." Serge said with a smile.

"I hope so as well, Master Steelhaven is a good man."

"I actually have no idea what kind of stores are around the chantry. I don't think I explored Boston that much either come to think of it so I don't know what its like. I should probably do that soon." Serge said.

"There is a Staples not to far from Steelhaven and a mall as well, I mean Boston have every store imaginable but those two are reached by a quick bus ride, also down at the docks there is a shopping districts with all these small stores I like exploring those when I have the time, I can show you when things calm down if you like."
The Euthanathos offered.

"That's right!" Serge said with a bit too much enthusiasm as he leaned forwards and flipped through the pages in his sketchbook.

"Art is sort of my gateway from my imagination into reality. A passageway of sorts. It's my way of trying to get people to see the world how I see it." Serge explained.

"That makes sense."
Fran said and ignored that you where over enthusiastic.
"And art can affect how a person feel, touch something in them right...and that is definitively a way to change reality."

"Not too mention that art influences different people in different ways. A picture of a dragon for instance.... Serge said flipping to his own picture of a large dragon head, "Can evoke fear in people or a sense of wonderment....but usually fear.

"Well not just pictures of dragons, coming face to face to one it is hard to not feel both wonder and the distinct need to scream and run away like a little girl, they are magnificent..."
She muttered and smiled.

Also by drawing people in different scenarios I can influence them in deeper ways. Make them actually see the different images in my drawings. Cause them see things that aren't there just like how I used to when I spent all day daydreaming as a kid." Serge explained.

"You are are practicing what our joined terminology call Mind magick then Mr Yager? I practice a little bit of Mind as well but not in the way you do...I send the spirits and energies of dead things to affect the mind of a person, a bit gruesome perhaps but effective."

"If I don't have any way to draw anything I just stare at them." Serge said widening his eyes comically and staring at the death maga. "Although that's creepy and usually a bad idea and I'll probably get shot regardless of whether the person I'm staring at is a mage or not." Serge said with a light-hearted chuckle.

"Ah do try not to get shot Mr Yager Master Nassa our Verbena healer gets so irritated when he have to patch someone back together."
Francesca said and giggled.
"You could always try to stare at people more discretely you know and as for creepy well I do magick with dead things...so I am not the one who should be judging anyone on that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Anja's Post:

A long silence. 'Live? They appeared to be corpses in every way except the obvious one.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 pm

"There is a Staples not to far from Steelhaven and a mall as well, I mean Boston have every store imaginable but those two are reached by a quick bus ride, also down at the docks there is a shopping districts with all these small stores I like exploring those when I have the time, I can show you when things calm down if you like."
The Euthanathos offered.

"First I have to go to Ikea with my uncle and then Staples." Serge said with a smile.

"I'd love to explore with you but after this is done I think I'll chill for a bit. It might be smarter to explore the place I'll be living at before going out and seeing the wider world."

"You are are practicing what our joined terminology call Mind magick then Mr Yager? I practice a little bit of Mind as well but not in the way you do...I send the spirits and energies of dead things to affect the mind of a person, a bit gruesome perhaps but effective."

"You guessed right." Serge said with a smile. "The mind....where anything can happen and you don't need to worry about paradox.....sometimes...." Serge said sheepishly.

"And from that mention of luck and fate magick I can only assume you practice Entropy magick yourself? I studied a little bit of that myself. I can't do anything advanced like giving myself good luck but I can see the chaotic nature of the world or the mind and discern patterns, probabilities, flaws, and other stuff like that. Although it is my weakest sphere of magick. I only started learning about it recently." Serge said with a shrug.

"You could always try to stare at people more discretely you know and as for creepy well I do magick with dead things...so I am not the one who should be judging anyone on that."

"It's kinda hard to be discreet when you need to make eye contact." Serge said with a grin. "You know, the whole "windows into the soul", "mental connection", and all that stuff. I mainly use that method when talking to people. When I want to be discreet I use my drawings or whisper something or both."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:08 am

"Well if your Chantry is in danger your Deacons could have sent someone to give a message to your party Sodalis and it would be reasonable to send a young an unexperienced member both to keep them safe and since they would be less useful in a fight."
Udella said and frowned. "It is not good news in either case."
"It's not; we can't even catch an hour it seems."
He smiled wryly, "Ever watched a record spin? The center and the edge move, by necessity, at different speeds, but they both complete one rotation in the same amount of time. It's a similar principle - outside the bubble, the rotation takes two more minutes, but in here, it will take another approximately 14 hours, but we'll still come out at the end of those two outside minutes."
"Ah...hrm..." he looked thoughtful and then nodded, one finger lightly tracing the air as if he were stirring a pot. "That does make it easier for me to grasp, though there are other things I've learned that makes that seem a bit too simple. Guess I have to start there, and see if I can bridge that gap someday."
I am very sorry Sodalis the more time such a field that I have created disperses the more uncomfortable it will be for those inside of the bubble who are not used to it." The old Tytalus said apologetically.
He looked into the basket, "I don't suppose there's any ginger candies, or perhaps a light carbonated drink in there? Those can help with motion sickness."
"Here you go."
"It's ok, like I said, it's preferable to being caught up in here for the full extent and possibly miss helping," he said. "I don't usually drink soda, but I think this is a good exception."
"Remember Sodalis it will only be two minutes on the outside..." Udella said softly. "I know it is hard but if the bubble is just stopped right now Mr Wainwright will be without his magick for hours, this way two minutes are sacrificed to get another fully functional mage for the fight, I would say that is a good trade of."
He smiled wryly, "Look on the bright side - you have the time for another nap before we head back into the fray."
"If I can get my mind to stop worrying and hang onto the idea that it's only two minutes out there...indeed." He shrugged and set to using their 'two minutes' well, if nothing else he could come out of it as best possible condition to help out when they came out of the thing. A nap, another cycle of meditation, paying attention to Colin showing him his rote again and a few preparatory spells were on the docket.

// sorry for the delay I had to do some chores this morning and didn't get back till afternoon.
1 - What would I need to roll for Adley to learn Colin's rote from him?
2 - Healing chart for M20 says 4 levels of dmg (Wounded) are cumulative and take a month to heal; the rote specifically say the dmg can't be healed by magick but by rest, so it looks like he'll just try to match Colin's stiff upper lip, lol.
3 - Arete roll for sp/prime sight: 5, 5, 8; 0, 5, 6
4 - Arete roll for kinetic shield: 2, 2, 9;  5, 1, 9;  3, 8, 3  [if there is time for this and given temporal/duration issues, rolls@ -2]

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:50 am

Colin smiled wryly, "Actually, it seems the two of us, at least, can manage to catch a good day's rest in between the far too dense calamities..."

Crexia gave you an approving nod for your explanation of the way the time bubble worked to Adley but she said nothing, clearly feeling that you had it well in hand on your own.
"Ah...hrm..." he looked thoughtful and then nodded, one finger lightly tracing the air as if he were stirring a pot. "That does make it easier for me to grasp, though there are other things I've learned that makes that seem a bit too simple. Guess I have to start there, and see if I can bridge that gap someday."
He nodded sagely, "It is a gross oversimplification, true, but the simile is... at least functional enough for starters."

"Here you go."
"It's ok, like I said, it's preferable to being caught up in here for the full extent and possibly miss helping," he said. "I don't usually drink soda, but I think this is a good exception."
He smoothly passed the bottle on, "Nobody should drink soda on a regular basis, but the carbonation can be a quick fix for motion sickness whether induced by spatial or temporal jolts."

"Well silliness aside fantasy literature do help the Consensus not stagnate completely and lead more than a few people down the path to Awakening, but yes thank you the example is pretty good for how time work with space indeed."
Crexia said and nodded approvingly.
He smiled wryly, "I would most certainly have preferred a more casual path to Awakening through literature over the missile, but one works with what one's got..."

"It is a difficult thing to leave one of the Primi in danger but yes if we disturb the timeline the Seat of Time might not be saves and from you say if Mr Dale do not come to visit you in the future the mission to save Miss Bergen might not have gone so well so I will follow your advice old friend but I can not say I completely like it."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded thoughtfully, "There... is something we might be able to do - Mr. Dale's heroic sacrifice has to be quite genuine if he's to have a chance... but can we get the Seat of Time a Primium-plated vest in time, without anyone else finding out?"

"If I can get my mind to stop worrying and hang onto the idea that it's only two minutes out there...indeed." He shrugged and set to using their 'two minutes' well, if nothing else he could come out of it as best possible condition to help out when they came out of the thing. A nap, another cycle of meditation, paying attention to Colin showing him his rote again and a few preparatory spells were on the docket.
You begin to work on writing down your rote in a way that mages of varying Paradigms might understand, that took a good deal of thinking to sort it out as generally as possible but it did seam like you rather quickly got the handle on it, though off course working on the document took a fair bit of time.
He looked at the pages and nodded with some measure of smug satisfaction, "Yes, I think this could be quite adequate for formally patenting and submitting to Paradigma once I've typed it up neatly. Now, Adley, let's see, Leon Tallweller described it as sounding like 'to draw manifestation through the universal will, rather then through yourself like working with a tree inside of Yeshod rather than drawing down into Malkhut within yourself.' I'm sure that makes a little more sense to you than it did to me..."

((OOC: Not a big problem. Haven't precisely been too vigorous here on a lazy Sunday, myself. Razz ))
((OOC2: What would a Mage normally require to receive instruction? I think it should work just fine so long as Colin manages to frame the explanation right. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 am

Nicole:

Anton sigh and nodded.
"In many ways they are at least now. Mr Gregario was better before...he was shown a wounded Avatar and that made what little...peace of mind he had managed to build for himself come crashing down, Miss Florentine though...no their life is not a good one Miss Nicole there are things for which death is a mercy,"

Serge:

"First I have to go to Ikea with my uncle and then Staples." Serge said with a smile.

"Getting some new furniture for your apartment?"
Francesca asked.

"I'd love to explore with you but after this is done I think I'll chill for a bit. It might be smarter to explore the place I'll be living at before going out and seeing the wider world."

"I did not mean that as soon as we beat down the Nephandi then out we go Mr Yager, I am going to need rest after all, but sometimes during the week, it is up to you off course and yes exploring the Chantry itself is a good idea. If you take to long though it might have to be someone else showing you around."
She said and looked into nothing for a moment.

"You guessed right." Serge said with a smile. "The mind....where anything can happen and you don't need to worry about paradox.....sometimes...." Serge said sheepishly.

"Well one's own mind can be a beautiful playground, and it is the source of creation."
Francesca agreed and nodded.

"And from that mention of luck and fate magick I can only assume you practice Entropy magick yourself? I studied a little bit of that myself. I can't do anything advanced like giving myself good luck but I can see the chaotic nature of the world or the mind and discern patterns, probabilities, flaws, and other stuff like that. Although it is my weakest sphere of magick. I only started learning about it recently." Serge said with a shrug.

"Yes I study Entropy, it is the first kind of magick my Mentor started teaching me after I Awakened and I am now a Disciple."
The death maga said and smiled proudly.
"It is often a kind of magick that others underestimates since it do not create anything flashy but controlling chance and fate can be most useful. You know they asked Marvel's Stan Lee what superpower he most wanted and he said he wanted to be able to control luck."

"It's kinda hard to be discreet when you need to make eye contact." Serge said with a grin. "You know, the whole "windows into the soul", "mental connection", and all that stuff. I mainly use that method when talking to people. When I want to be discreet I use my drawings or whisper something or both."

"You could use sunglasses I guess that is a possibility."
Francesca said.
"But yes using your drawings when you need to be discreet do seam to make sense."

Colin and Adley:

Udella nodded.
"Well hopefully your Deacons will know what to do about the danger..."

Crexia nodded and sigh.
"I understand your feeling Sodalis I would not like to be trapped somewhere if Morningstar or my own Chantry in Brazil where in danger."

Colin smiled wryly, "Actually, it seems the two of us, at least, can manage to catch a good day's rest in between the far too dense calamities..."

Crexia grinned at that but said nothing.

He smiled wryly, "I would most certainly have preferred a more casual path to Awakening through literature over the missile, but one works with what one's got..."

"Yes I can imagine so but when reality decide to literary hit you over the head with enlightenment what can you do?"
Crexia said and gave you an half apologetic smile.
"Sorry...ehm...anyway yes a slow, guided Awakening are always milder than a sudden one no matter what caused the sudden and often spontaneous Awakening."
She said softly.

He nodded thoughtfully, "There... is something we might be able to do - Mr. Dale's heroic sacrifice has to be quite genuine if he's to have a chance... but can we get the Seat of Time a Primium-plated vest in time, without anyone else finding out?"

"If we bring her in on things yes, but I doubt she would be willing to just sit there in the way of a bullet so a Nephandi prisoner on trial might be able to prove himself to the point where he are pardoned."
Udella said and shook her head.
"No matter if she is a sensible lady, then again perhaps if the issues with your future sight are explained to her, she is a Master of Time after all."

(OOC: 1 since it is cross Paradigm what about Int plus whatever is highest of Enigmas and the new skill used instead of occult for real magick who's name I always forget since I am permanently stuck in 2 edition? 2 4 health levels takes a good long time to heal yes using Heart's Blood is not cheap. 3 and 4 there should be time for some spell casting and I would say it should work fine in the time bubble but yes with the minuses. Adley can also use the bathroom to do it in if he wants some peace and quiet for it. He have 14 hours so he can build up some successes. Also not to worry, just post when you have the time we are in no hurry.

Warp usually instruction will then lower the cost of buying something and for my game at times make it possible to buy something as it means a character is working on something but learning someone with a completely different Paradigm is a little different.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:55 am

"Yes I can imagine so but when reality decide to literary hit you over the head with enlightenment what can you do?"
Crexia said and gave you an half apologetic smile.
"Sorry...ehm...anyway yes a slow, guided Awakening are always milder than a sudden one no matter what caused the sudden and often spontaneous Awakening."
She said softly.
Colin nodded, "On the other hand, I needed a miracle to survive... If my Awakening had been slower and more gradual, my background solidly rooted in predictable science might have led me to the Union instead. I think I'm far happier here..."

"If we bring her in on things yes, but I doubt she would be willing to just sit there in the way of a bullet so a Nephandi prisoner on trial might be able to prove himself to the point where he are pardoned."
Udella said and shook her head.
"No matter if she is a sensible lady, then again perhaps if the issues with your future sight are explained to her, she is a Master of Time after all."
He nodded, "And considering the Cult's attitude toward responsibility and consent... well, Mr. Dale is a... victim of a now-murdered Technocrat officer who apparently had a predilection for taking advantage of apprentices under his... control. That was what drove Mr. Dale into the hands of the Fallen - he was literally driven into the darkness by one he should have been able to rely on... His, well, Mentor, to call her that, was not at all pleased... neither when she found out what had been done to him, or what he had done..."

((OOC: So, Int + Enigmas, then... Though, what is normally the cost for a Rote? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 am

Colin nodded, "On the other hand, I needed a miracle to survive... If my Awakening had been slower and more gradual, my background solidly rooted in predictable science might have led me to the Union instead. I think I'm far happier here..."

"Well I for one is both glad that you are on our side Mr Wainwright and that you survived you meeting with that missile, a gradual Awakening is not always possible or desirable I am just saying that they are less of a shock on the new mage than a sudden spontaneous one."
Crexia said and smiled.

He nodded, "And considering the Cult's attitude toward responsibility and consent... well, Mr. Dale is a... victim of a now-murdered Technocrat officer who apparently had a predilection for taking advantage of apprentices under his... control. That was what drove Mr. Dale into the hands of the Fallen - he was literally driven into the darkness by one he should have been able to rely on... His, well, Mentor, to call her that, was not at all pleased... neither when she found out what had been done to him, or what he had done..."

"A tragic case then, Lady Marianna of Balador might indeed have sympathy with such a fate the problem is she is not in any position to give mercy to a Fallen without some exceptional circumstances, but if she is told about the boy's history she might agree to wear armor and not say anything and let events play out...the problem off course being that such Primium armor would disrupt her natural magickal abilities as well as protect her."
Udella said and frowned.
"Talking with her about Mr Dale might be worth it though and we can see what she want to do about the situation."

(OOC: I would not say it is a cost this time Colin teaching Adley is just a IC thing I was just saying that normally that is the effect instruction have in the game. And the regular cost would be a headache.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:06 pm

"A tragic case then, Lady Marianna of Balador might indeed have sympathy with such a fate the problem is she is not in any position to give mercy to a Fallen without some exceptional circumstances, but if she is told about the boy's history she might agree to wear armor and not say anything and let events play out...the problem off course being that such Primium armor would disrupt her natural magickal abilities as well as protect her."
Udella said and frowned.
"Talking with her about Mr Dale might be worth it though and we can see what she want to do about the situation."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Hum, true. Her own Mastery of Time might be better put toward letting her know when and where to dodge... We'll have to give it some consideration."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next