Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 14 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:20 am

[Colin] (Labyrinth ca 2 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "As am I... the fewer who learn the actuality of what I nearly did, the better..."

The Handler nodded at that.
"It sounds horrible, whatever it was..."

[Colin] (Mansion near Paris 19 of Decenmber.)

He nodded, "What I did demanded a blood price, and a painful one at that - if it were so simple as just blood for blood, I would have had Dr. Lee draw a pint or two from me and shipped it over... but betraying her trust like I did, no, she may have forgiven me, you may have forgiven me, but I still feel guilty over it, however desperate a measure it was. Even if the threat of it was enough to prevent the act of it..."

"Isabella was horrified over what you would have used her blood for, especially given how her Sire used her in the past, she needed justice and she got it, and I do respect how you mannaed up for it Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said and she looked at you for a moment before sipping her tea.

He nodded, "We all have a shadow... a dark side. Though I will allow, your kind has a dark side that seems a little more active and aggressive than most others... I wish you the best on the path you walk."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Drake said and sigh.
"Yes our darker impulses are a constant struggle but I will manage to calm them...eventually."

He nodded, "True enough - you're possibly the quickest I have ever met, next to Mr. Danbrock. Once you're better, I would actually like to arrange a sparring match between you, if you are both willing, to see which of you is quicker and stronger. As for deployment in war - true, you'll be unraveling the magic of others, but you might be able to do so from a distance, rather than on the battlefront."

"A sparring match with Mr Danbrock would be really fun Mentor I would love that, and I do not need to be that well I mean we will not be casting fireballs at one another, just trying to stop one another's spells, or the spells of a third party."
Anna said eagerly then she turned serious.
"It would not really matter much where I am, if I stop an enemy spellcaster's magick and they get killed I would be a part of that."
She said and looked down into her tea.

He nodded, frowning, "Ah, yes, change does not come overnight like that... I believe Allison will be alright, nonetheless - we know exactly what the long-term risk is, and how to treat it. It's still unpleasant as all hell. She's a brave girl, and she doesn't deserve it... but I believe this time around she'll be fine."

Anna looked a bit nervous the topic was upsetting her.
"Is it painful for Allison...those injections?"
She asked softly.
"And to be kept from her magick that long it must be horrible..."
She said then she was silent for a long time before muttering.
"Mentor...if during...my trial they demand that serum are used on me or something else like that I...I would like you to do it and not some stranger."
The young mage seamed sad and nervous as if this was something she had been thinking about and been worried about for some time.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 14 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 am

[Labyrinth, Now]
The Handler nodded at that.
"It sounds horrible, whatever it was..."
Colin nodded, "It was... it would have been."

[France, December 19th]
"Isabella was horrified over what you would have used her blood for, especially given how her Sire used her in the past, she needed justice and she got it, and I do respect how you mannaed up for it Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said and she looked at you for a moment before sipping her tea.
He nodded, "Honour has its demands; I may have a permanent mark on mine for that, but I'll be damned if I don't do what I can to diminish it... and I'll always be relieved I did not need to use it for more than a threat. That was... terrible enough, and I hope the scenario never repeats itself. That poor Avatar was... a terrible thing..."

"A sparring match with Mr Danbrock would be really fun Mentor I would love that, and I do not need to be that well I mean we will not be casting fireballs at one another, just trying to stop one another's spells, or the spells of a third party."
Anna said eagerly then she turned serious.
"It would not really matter much where I am, if I stop an enemy spellcaster's magick and they get killed I would be a part of that."
She said and looked down into her tea.
He nodded, "True, but there are still other circumstances where you could serve as well - to prevent offensive spells from being cast in diplomatic circumstances, to tear apart wards - or for that matter, to ward areas against magic use... Not all such work would have to be performed on the battlefield to have value, and not all such work of value would have to lead directly to someone's death. You always have a choice in what your powers will be used for. If you choose to only counter offensive spells and remove curses and traps, that's good, too."

Anna looked a bit nervous the topic was upsetting her.
"Is it painful for Allison...those injections?"
She asked softly.
"And to be kept from her magick that long it must be horrible..."
She said then she was silent for a long time before muttering.
"Mentor...if during...my trial they demand that serum are used on me or something else like that I...I would like you to do it and not some stranger."
The young mage seamed sad and nervous as if this was something she had been thinking about and been worried about for some time.
He nodded, "It is painful... and to be forcibly kept from magic like that is awful. But... I believe the collar will suffice indefinitely, with no need for the serum for you. In fact, if anyone tries to demand you be put on the serum, we will be able to provide the proof for why it should not be used."
He smiled thinly, running a hand over her head, thumb stroking lightly along her hairline, "Fret not, daughter mine - I failed you in the past, but future me is not going to let me do so again. You will be here, hale and hearty, long after I am gone, I expect."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Colin nodded, "It was... it would have been."

"I am not going to ask what it was you allmost did Colin I can see that it bothers you gratly, but you are a good and kind man, one who would not do something horrible unless there where no other choice."
Dalisse said softly.

He nodded, "Honour has its demands; I may have a permanent mark on mine for that, but I'll be damned if I don't do what I can to diminish it... and I'll always be relieved I did not need to use it for more than a threat. That was... terrible enough, and I hope the scenario never repeats itself. That poor Avatar was... a terrible thing..."

"It was a terrible thing indeed and I understand why...you did what you did, but it was not right to Isabella."
Kristina said and sigh.
"I hear Lady Crexia made good on her promise to make sure Miss Carlyle got to choose if she...was to live or die, she have..."
The Verbena glanced at Anna she did not want to say something to scare the younger mage.
"Been sent to House Mercere, they are caring for her now."

He nodded, "True, but there are still other circumstances where you could serve as well - to prevent offensive spells from being cast in diplomatic circumstances, to tear apart wards - or for that matter, to ward areas against magic use... Not all such work would have to be performed on the battlefield to have value, and not all such work of value would have to lead directly to someone's death. You always have a choice in what your powers will be used for. If you choose to only counter offensive spells and remove curses and traps, that's good, too."

Anna looked at you for a while then she looked down.
"I...do not want to kill Mentor or cause death but if Steelhaven is in danger I will do what I must...at least this time if I help capture someone Gabriel will not be there to..."
She turned silent again.
"Anyway making wards and such...that would be better and I actually have an idea for something that might be able to replace the serum...I have been talking with Mr King and Nico a bit...that might be good, to find a replacement for it that...would not harm or hurt the prisoner..."

He nodded, "It is painful... and to be forcibly kept from magic like that is awful. But... I believe the collar will suffice indefinitely, with no need for the serum for you. In fact, if anyone tries to demand you be put on the serum, we will be able to provide the proof for why it should not be used."

"But what if Alison becomes scared...like I am so she can not get medical help in the future?"
Anna asked sounding worried.
"As for me...I know the collar do the work but I have heard tings about...the justice system on Horizon they might demand the serum...just to be...assholes you know."
She muttered and looked down and shivered.

He smiled thinly, running a hand over her head, thumb stroking lightly along her hairline, "Fret not, daughter mine - I failed you in the past, but future me is not going to let me do so again. You will be here, hale and hearty, long after I am gone, I expect."

Anna looked at you and gave a warm smile.
"You never failed me...I do not remember this other timeline and...the idea that there are more than one now sort of make my head spin, but I am sure that if you...used that serum on me, you did it to save me from worse, and I suspect that while I was problebly very scared I never blamed you for it."
She said softly.
"And I know you will protect me, and Dr Lee says I am getting better slowly...also you are not allowed to be gone, not ever!"
She declared firmly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:32 pm

[Labyrinth, Now]
"I am not going to ask what it was you allmost did Colin I can see that it bothers you gratly, but you are a good and kind man, one who would not do something horrible unless there where no other choice."
Dalisse said softly.
Colin nodded, "Choice... To risk damning myself and destroying another, or to let that other tear apart my friends and allies and be let loose to do so again in an endless cycle of suffering... No good option, just a small selection of evils to accept..."

[Paris, December 19th]
"It was a terrible thing indeed and I understand why...you did what you did, but it was not right to Isabella."
Kristina said and sigh.
"I hear Lady Crexia made good on her promise to make sure Miss Carlyle got to choose if she...was to live or die, she have..."
The Verbena glanced at Anna she did not want to say something to scare the younger mage.
"Been sent to House Mercere, they are caring for her now."
He nodded, "No, it was not right to her... But at the time, the only other source was an insane captive, and that... would have been even worse, if she would recover to learn what she had been used for... I pray something similar will never happen again."
He smiled thinly, "Lady Crexia keeps her promises - she was there when the Traditions were formed; the Protocols are gospel to her. She could no more break that promise than I could stop breathing the air."

Anna looked at you for a while then she looked down.
"I...do not want to kill Mentor or cause death but if Steelhaven is in danger I will do what I must...at least this time if I help capture someone Gabriel will not be there to..."
She turned silent again.
He frowned, ever so slightly, "No, Gabriel will not be there... Most of the Tradition torturers don't derive pleasure from it like he did... and they tend to favour different... implements, I believe. But mostly, captives won't be questioned using his methods. Hopefully, my methods will gain some wider acceptance and approval throughout the system, but that... will take some time."

"Anyway making wards and such...that would be better and I actually have an idea for something that might be able to replace the serum...I have been talking with Mr King and Nico a bit...that might be good, to find a replacement for it that...would not harm or hurt the prisoner..."
He grinned, "That's wonderful, sweetie - and that will certainly add to your little nest egg, next to the modest fees for copies of your books... I expect you'll be far better off than many Hermetics, even, when your apprenticeships formally ends. The collar you're wearing is a good start, as are the handcuffs that restrain magic, and the dampening cells, but they are generally too costly for most still, since it is fairly rare for most Chantries to need such restraints for more than a few days out of the year, if that..."

"But what if Alison becomes scared...like I am so she can not get medical help in the future?"
Anna asked sounding worried.
"As for me...I know the collar do the work but I have heard tings about...the justice system on Horizon they might demand the serum...just to be...assholes you know."
She muttered and looked down and shivered.
He sighed, "I think Allison will be fine... She knows what is happening, and she understands why, on both an intellectual and emotional level. Nobody likes being poked with needles, but understanding does help reduce the trauma of it. She will be able to get medical help in the future, I'm positive. As for Horizon's judicial system - yes, there are assholes there; in fact, we already know the prosecutor against you will be one... but we are preparing to counter that with a vengeance. I promise you, sweetie, not a single needle will pierce your skin without ample retribution... until and unless you ask for it to happen."

Anna looked at you and gave a warm smile.
"You never failed me...I do not remember this other timeline and...the idea that there are more than one now sort of make my head spin, but I am sure that if you...used that serum on me, you did it to save me from worse, and I suspect that while I was problebly very scared I never blamed you for it."
She said softly.
"And I know you will protect me, and Dr Lee says I am getting better slowly...also you are not allowed to be gone, not ever!"
She declared firmly.
He smiled sadly, "Let us just say you were not happy with it... I had to offer you a ridiculous number of peace offerings, like that green pasta you like, and a great number of the shiniest marbles, just to get you to crawl back out from under the bed... Of course, you've still got a few nice marbles added to you collection, and several hearty helpings of pasta, so I think the changed timeline remained quite profitable to you."
He sighed, "And I'm afraid I will go away some day, I don't know when, or how, or why, but everyone eventually passes on. Be it through death, Ascension or becoming a Postulant, or any of a number of other ways, no-one stays here forever. The best we can hope for is to make it a positive note."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Colin nodded, "Choice... To risk damning myself and destroying another, or to let that other tear apart my friends and allies and be let loose to do so again in an endless cycle of suffering... No good option, just a small selection of evils to accept..."

"Those are not good options indeed."
Dalisse said and frowned.
"But I do not judged while serving the Nephandi I and my ship have been forced to do horrible things as well."

He nodded, "No, it was not right to her... But at the time, the only other source was an insane captive, and that... would have been even worse, if she would recover to learn what she had been used for... I pray something similar will never happen again."

"Well and Carmon, but that would have been even worse."
Kristina said.
"I heard from the Post Office Crew, you had apperantly helped them find a new home and get it ready to movie into. Thir Deacon is slowly improving poor man, and that insane captive you spoke of, she is still living with them...she is still insane though...who knows if she will ever recover."
She commented and Drake gave a wry smile.
"Ah insanity...it have it's advantages as well dear lady but I suspect the insanity of the person you are talking about might be of the bad sort."

He smiled thinly, "Lady Crexia keeps her promises - she was there when the Traditions were formed; the Protocols are gospel to her. She could no more break that promise than I could stop breathing the air."

Kristina nodded at that.
"Lady Crexia is a good woman, and while Miss Carlyle was a horrible person I do hope she...can find some peace among the Mercere one day."

He frowned, ever so slightly, "No, Gabriel will not be there... Most of the Tradition torturers don't derive pleasure from it like he did... and they tend to favour different... implements, I believe. But mostly, captives won't be questioned using his methods. Hopefully, my methods will gain some wider acceptance and approval throughout the system, but that... will take some time."

"I hope your methods will...be used more Mentor torture is..."
Anna turned rather pale.
"I do not ever want to see something like that again."
She whispered.

He grinned, "That's wonderful, sweetie - and that will certainly add to your little nest egg, next to the modest fees for copies of your books... I expect you'll be far better off than many Hermetics, even, when your apprenticeships formally ends. The collar you're wearing is a good start, as are the handcuffs that restrain magic, and the dampening cells, but they are generally too costly for most still, since it is fairly rare for most Chantries to need such restraints for more than a few days out of the year, if that..."

"I do not care about the money, I have what I need but I would like to avoid anyone having to be injected with that serum, for now the spray we are working on only lasts for a few minutes though so it will need to be improved and it have to be stored cold so it is not so practical but we are getting there, and it do not hurt it just feel cold against the skin and then makes magick much harder to do for the few minutes it lasts."
Anna said and smiled a little.
"Perhaps it could help Allison but I doubt we will have it ready soon."

He sighed, "I think Allison will be fine... She knows what is happening, and she understands why, on both an intellectual and emotional level. Nobody likes being poked with needles, but understanding does help reduce the trauma of it. She will be able to get medical help in the future, I'm positive.

"I hope so Mentor but..."
Anna said and frowned clearly concerned about her friend.
"I would suspect it is being kept from her magick that is the worst part for Allison, and even if she develops a fear about it, that can be treated, I am sure your friend will be fine."
Kristina said softly.

As for Horizon's judicial system - yes, there are assholes there; in fact, we already know the prosecutor against you will be one... but we are preparing to counter that with a vengeance. I promise you, sweetie, not a single needle will pierce your skin without ample retribution... until and unless you ask for it to happen."

"I...will never ask for it to happen..."
Anna muttered a bit uneasy and she looked around nervously.
"But I trust you will not let anyone do it to me against my will, I mean you have said no when doctors have recomended things."
She said and smiled slightly.
"But...are you sure we will win...my trial what if they judge to...destroy my magick?"
She asked fearfully, the young mage was terrified about that and quite often had horrible nightmares.

He smiled sadly, "Let us just say you were not happy with it... I had to offer you a ridiculous number of peace offerings, like that green pasta you like, and a great number of the shiniest marbles, just to get you to crawl back out from under the bed... Of course, you've still got a few nice marbles added to you collection, and several hearty helpings of pasta, so I think the changed timeline remained quite profitable to you."

"I would not have wanted to be...injected with that serum for all the marbels in the world so I am very happy the timeline have changed Mentor."
The young mage said.
"But I am sure you tried to make it...as easy on me as you could and you tried to cheer me up...and yeah I do like that green pasta."
She said and gave a slight smile.

He sighed, "And I'm afraid I will go away some day, I don't know when, or how, or why, but everyone eventually passes on. Be it through death, Ascension or becoming a Postulant, or any of a number of other ways, no-one stays here forever. The best we can hope for is to make it a positive note."

"But a mage can live forever if we want to...some of the Aswadim are thosands of years old."
Anna protested and she took your hand firmly.
"You are not allowed to go Mentor, you have to stay here with me forever..."
She pleaded desperatly.
"I do not want to loose anyone else."
She said with the hint of tears in her blue eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:40 pm

After a little while the girls came back in and started searcing.
"Is Janice on the living room table?"
Jane asked as she looked around.

"No." Serge said simply with a smile as he glanced to the bathroom hoping to lure the girls away.

"Is the doll in the kitchen?"
Rosa asked.

"Yes." Serge grumbled as Rosa managed to guess the doll's general location correctly.

"Is the doll on your person?"
Yu Die asked.

"No, that would be unoriginal." Serge said with a smile.

"Are Jancie in the art supply box Sir?"
Cava asked and Liv pointed at the bread box

"Nah, keep guessing."

Liv pointed at the bread box.
"There?"
She inquired in her shaky English.

"No." he said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:43 pm

The scared, horrified, guilt striken Tytalus looked at you for a moment then she simply nodded and moved towards Darrian and his still screaming apprentice.
"Master Haagen, we need to get Mr Woodhouse back to where it issafer, Mr Roth Hicks says the effects of the gas is not permanent that eventually his Avatar will return to him, we just need to make sure he is safe until then."
Darrian looked up at the Tytalus and nodded slightly.
"O...ok..."
The alchemist said in a shaky tone of voice.
"Ok..give him to me then Sir and I will hold him while you get up, and we will carry him to the back of the group."
Theodora said but Darrian seamed hesitent to let anyone to close to his screaming student.
"But he..."
He prostestedand Theodora said softly.
"He will be safer and more comfortable in the back and moving him will not harm him Sir I promise."

"Thank you sodales," he said. Well, they couldn't leave Arn there to be attacked - while he was in so much pain, he could easily be mortally wounded. They needed him out of the line of fire, to protect him as well as keep the area clear. Damn that shit...in some other timeline that had been a whole group of them that had suffered this, himself included, then died while writhing in agony.

And so they where for another hand reached in through the door and tossed another of those cannisters into the room, again Francis managed to get rid of the bottle before it leaked anything but it clearly made everyone scared to see that. "Shit!" Fran muttered

He narrowed his eyes as they continued to chuck canisters in at them and Francis hot=potatoed them away, then glanced towards the hole in the bone door and their shield. There were bugs on the other side of that thing, then tarantulas here, and a vampire and several Nephandi still out there with a table. The rumbling and the heartbeat...and the spirit. But there was still a bunch of them on their side, even if they had taken a loss and Arn was (hopefully temporarily) hurt. He had to keep this light going while his pater worked, and keep Violet safe, that was such a simple thing, but it was hard when he wanted to use his hands to do so many other things - cast a spell, help Arn, shoot the Nephandi...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:50 pm

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrith, Jeffry's strike team at 2 in the afternoon.]

"Thank you sodales," he said. Well, they couldn't leave Arn there to be attacked - while he was in so much pain, he could easily be mortally wounded. They needed him out of the line of fire, to protect him as well as keep the area clear. Damn that shit...in some other timeline that had been a whole group of them that had suffered this, himself included, then died while writhing in agony.

Darrian hesitently allowed Theodora to take Arn, and she held him as gently as she could while his Mentor got to his feet and then the two of them carried the wounded Solificato back behind the make shift barricade, Arn screamed the entire time though he was beginning to become hoarse now, his pained voice lass loud. Everyone in the room looked at one another uneasy, no one wanted to be next.

He narrowed his eyes as they continued to chuck canisters in at them and Francis hot=potatoed them away, then glanced towards the hole in the bone door and their shield. There were bugs on the other side of that thing,

You could hear the bugs on the other side of the door, so far Antonio had managed to keep them out of the room though but sooner or later the Nephandi would break through, with their bugs, and their gas and all.

then tarantulas here,

After the strange woman who attacked your Mentor had died you had not seen any spiders other than a few smashed ones on the floor, and off course the stain on your pants from where you had smashed one of them.

and a vampire and several Nephandi still out there with a table. The rumbling and the heartbeat...and the spirit. But there was still a bunch of them on their side, even if they had taken a loss and Arn was (hopefully temporarily) hurt. He had to keep this light going while his pater worked, and keep Violet safe, that was such a simple thing, but it was hard when he wanted to use his hands to do so many other things - cast a spell, help Arn, shoot the Nephandi...

Violet looked absolutely terrified she glanced at Arn and swallowed several times.
"Is this what Bee felt Sir...when they..."
She could not complete what she was asking and just looked fearfully at you.

Then as soon as the darkness had come, it was gone, and you felt the pressence of the strange spirit in the corner vanish, your Mentor had managed to banish the thing and the old mage drew a deep breath, he was rather pale and drawn after two, hard magickal fights, fights it had been hard to see, but which still had been life or death. Jeffry took a water bottle from his coat pocket and took a sip of it then he gave the bottle to a woman you think was a Cultist from Riverside nabed Ophelia Copperstreet.
"Try to get some water into Mr Woodhouse please Miss Copperstreet."
He asked then he turned to you and glanced at the lighter in your hand.
"Well done mea filius."
He said then he looked at the broken door.
"Ok, let us end this before we loose anyone else, we will need to move fast, I will generate a shiel to give us protection but how long it will last I can not promise, our goal is then to kill our enemies on the other side of that door as fast as we can before they can throw any more of that gas, or summon anything else nasty or get reinforcements, any questions?"
The old Hermetic asked.

[Serge] (Steelhaven Rosa's apartment at 14 in the afternoon.)

"No." Serge said simply with a smile as he glanced to the bathroom hoping to lure the girls away.

"Is the doll in the bathroom Sir?"
Yu Die asked.

"No, that would be unoriginal." Serge said with a smile.

The Akashic smiled a little at that.

"Nah, keep guessing."

"Are Janice under the sofa pillows Sir?"
Jane asked.

"No." he said with a smile.

Liv pointed towards the friedge.
"There?"
She asked again and smiled.

"Yes." Serge grumbled as Rosa managed to guess the doll's general location correctly.

Rosa gave a triumphant smile and begun to search in the kitchen with the girls.
"Are Jane's doll in the kitchen drawers Cousin?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:55 pm

"Is the doll in the bathroom Sir?"
Yu Die asked.
"Are Janice under the sofa pillows Sir?"
Jane asked.

"No." Serge said to both of them.

Liv pointed towards the friedge.
"There?"
She asked again and smiled.

"No, but that was one of the location I was considering." Serge said with a smile.

Rosa gave a triumphant smile and begun to search in the kitchen with the girls.
"Are Jane's doll in the kitchen drawers Cousin?"
She asked.

"It is not." Serge said hoping that their was difference between kitchen drawers and kitchen cabinets.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:36 pm

'I know - but we're sitting ducks here.' Nicole irritably replied, still watching the door and hole. Then she gave a little sigh, sensing she needed to explain further. 'Our position is allowing 'em to think, plan - knowing we won't attack. So if we do, catch them on the hop, we might.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:38 pm

"No." Serge said to both of them.

"Is the doll under the sofa Sir?"
Cava asked.
"Is the doll in the book shelf?"
Yu Die wanted to know.
"What about under the sink in the kitchen?"
Jane asked.

"No, but that was one of the location I was considering." Serge said with a smile.

Liv smiled at that and then pointed at the empty pizza boxes on the counter that had been placed there after lunch.

"It is not." Serge said hoping that their was difference between kitchen drawers and kitchen cabinets.

"What about the kitchen cabinet? Is the doll in the kitchen cabinets Cousin?"
Rosa wanted to know.

'I know - but we're sitting ducks here.' Nicole irritably replied, still watching the door and hole.

"I know, I know..."
Theodora replied as she gently got Arn to the floor behind the barricade.

Then she gave a little sigh, sensing she needed to explain further. 'Our position is allowing 'em to think, plan - knowing we won't attack. So if we do, catch them on the hop, we might.'

"Agreed Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said as he stepped out in front of the door.
"So we hit them and we hit them hard...get ready."
He said in a low tone of voice so the enemy would not hear him.
"And be careful of those bugs, the vampire spawning them and whoever have those gas containers are the number one targets but be careful not to hit the containers with any stray bullets."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 pm

"Is the doll under the sofa Sir?"
Cava asked.
"Is the doll in the book shelf?"
Yu Die wanted to know.
"What about under the sink in the kitchen?"
Jane asked.

"Sorry nada." Serge said with a shake of his head.

Liv smiled at that and then pointed at the empty pizza boxes on the counter that had been placed there after lunch.

"Ok that would've been genius. But sadly no." Serge said with a smile.

"What about the kitchen cabinet? Is the doll in the kitchen cabinets Cousin?"
Rosa wanted to know.

"Dammit, yes....Ms. Janice is within the cabinet." Serge said, cheating somewhat. He was technically only suppose to say yes or no but hoped that his larger answer would cause Rosa to look inside of the cabinet rather than on the backs of condiment bottles.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:58 pm

"Sorry nada." Serge said with a shake of his head.

"Aww...what about under the book shelf?"
Yu Die asked.
"Perhaps she is in the kitchen sink?"
Jane asked.
"Is she in the windowsill?"
Asked Cava.

"Ok that would've been genius. But sadly no." Serge said with a smile.

Liv did not understand what you where saying but she understood no and so she pointed to the TV and the stereo.

"Dammit, yes....Ms. Janice is within the cabinet." Serge said, cheating somewhat. He was technically only suppose to say yes or no but hoped that his larger answer would cause Rosa to look inside of the cabinet rather than on the backs of condiment bottles.

Rosa opened the cabinet and begun searching it closely, eventually she pulled out the ketchup bottle and pulled Janice of it.
"And here she is."
Rosa said and grinned.
"It seams you where trying to be sneaky Serge."
She accused sounding amused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm

"Aww...what about under the book shelf?"
Yu Die asked.
"Perhaps she is in the kitchen sink?"
Jane asked.
"Is she in the windowsill?"
Asked Cava.

"Nein." Serge said changing up his nay-saying.

Rosa opened the cabinet and begun searching it closely, eventually she pulled out the ketchup bottle and pulled Janice of it.
"And here she is."
Rosa said and grinned.
"It seams you where trying to be sneaky Serge."
She accused sounding amused.

"Oh dammit. Who looks at the back of ketchup bottles?" Serge said with an amused grin on his face. "Anyways yeah. Was hoping you would only look inside the cabinet and push the bottles to the side."

"It seems like Rosa has saved Janice from the clutches of Sneaky Serge. That makes her the new hider." Serge announced referring to himself in the third person.

(OOC: Fun fact about Serge's hiding method. It's the same one my cousin used when we played a similar game irl. Except he taped the object to the back of the most obscure wall in the house Razz.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 pm

"Nein." Serge said changing up his nay-saying.

The girls seamed amused by this and giggeled.

"Oh dammit. Who looks at the back of ketchup bottles?" Serge said with an amused grin on his face. "Anyways yeah. Was hoping you would only look inside the cabinet and push the bottles to the side."

"The doll is so small I would have to carefully move each bottle in the cabinet to search properly, just pushing everything to the side would not do a good enough job."
Rosa said.
"And I noticed Janice when I lifted the ketchup bottle."

"It seems like Rosa has saved Janice from the clutches of Sneaky Serge. That makes her the new hider." Serge announced referring to himself in the third person.

Rosa girnned and sounded like the game amused her.
"Well then, out you go while I see if I can not find a good hiding spot for little Janice here, perhaps she will never escape my clutches."
She anounced and the girls giggeled again and hurried to the door.

(OOC: I put a object to be searched for under a chair, not under it on the flor but fastened under the seat it took them some time to find that one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:06 pm

[France, December 19th]
"Well and Carmon, but that would have been even worse."
Kristina said.
"I heard from the Post Office Crew, you had apperantly helped them find a new home and get it ready to movie into. Thir Deacon is slowly improving poor man, and that insane captive you spoke of, she is still living with them...she is still insane though...who knows if she will ever recover."
She commented and Drake gave a wry smile.
"Ah insanity...it have it's advantages as well dear lady but I suspect the insanity of the person you are talking about might be of the bad sort."
Colin frowned, "I judged asking Carmon for a sample to be far more unwise, as I could not easily tell how much blood he had in him at the time, after he had been... harried by miss Carlyle... It seemed too dangerous."
He gave Drake a sad smile, "There's the insanity of the Mad Ones, ours and yours, and then there's the sort of insanity where someone is unable to cope with reality anymore, and regresses so deep into themselves that they're scarcely even able to protect and feed themselves... The poor girl in question was the latter..."

Kristina nodded at that.
"Lady Crexia is a good woman, and while Miss Carlyle was a horrible person I do hope she...can find some peace among the Mercere one day."
He nodded, "Miss Carlyle was... greatly shaped by the injustices forced upon her. If any one person deserves blame for her fate, I should say it was her Mentor. But whoever decided she should be forced to watch sentencing is culpable, as well..."

"I hope your methods will...be used more Mentor torture is..."
Anna turned rather pale.
"I do not ever want to see something like that again."
She whispered.
He nodded, "Nobody wants to see that..."

"I do not care about the money, I have what I need but I would like to avoid anyone having to be injected with that serum, for now the spray we are working on only lasts for a few minutes though so it will need to be improved and it have to be stored cold so it is not so practical but we are getting there, and it do not hurt it just feel cold against the skin and then makes magick much harder to do for the few minutes it lasts."
Anna said and smiled a little.
"Perhaps it could help Allison but I doubt we will have it ready soon."
He grinned warmly, "And now i am even prouder of you, sweetie. Hum, a spray which temporarily blocks magic... Wallace Jace had a rather nasty formula - it knocked an Avatar out for a time, very painfully so, too. I do wonder how he controlled the duration of the effect, though i still do not regret deliberately having his work destroyed..."

"I hope so Mentor but..."
Anna said and frowned clearly concerned about her friend.
"I would suspect it is being kept from her magick that is the worst part for Allison, and even if she develops a fear about it, that can be treated, I am sure your friend will be fine."
Kristina said softly.
He grimaced, "The injections are... not the worst part of the serum. Nor, in fact, is the suppression of the Avatar..."
He glanced down at Anna, "But that's not really a suitable topic for here and now... As far as I understand, most of those who were subjected to it for extended periods of time have been warned and offered help, so that's something..."

"I...will never ask for it to happen..."
Anna muttered a bit uneasy and she looked around nervously.
"But I trust you will not let anyone do it to me against my will, I mean you have said no when doctors have recomended things."
She said and smiled slightly.
"But...are you sure we will win...my trial what if they judge to...destroy my magick?"
She asked fearfully, the young mage was terrified about that and quite often had horrible nightmares.
He smiled, "Don't be too sure about the 'never' - in one future that may yet happen, you volunteered blood for an emergency transfusion. And after that, you got a tattoo as a reward. I trust you will be able to conquer your fear, in time. But there's no rush."
He nodded, "They won't be able to destroy your Avatar - I am certain of it. While you are weak, they cannot afford to touch it, and once you're better, if you ever recover that much, you will have managed to restore it to its former state, and they will no longer have the legal justification for it. The Dragon of du Monte will soar freely."

"I would not have wanted to be...injected with that serum for all the marbels in the world so I am very happy the timeline have changed Mentor."
The young mage said.
"But I am sure you tried to make it...as easy on me as you could and you tried to cheer me up...and yeah I do like that green pasta."
She said and gave a slight smile.
He nodded, "I tried the stuff on myself, back when we met. Nobody wants to be injected with that, the injection is painful, and your soul feels like it's all cocooned and wadded up in cotton. And, of course, you're unable to use magic for a day, too... And yes, I was as careful as I could... it still hurt, for both of us..."

"But a mage can live forever if we want to...some of the Aswadim are thosands of years old."
Anna protested and she took your hand firmly.
"You are not allowed to go Mentor, you have to stay here with me forever..."
She pleaded desperatly.
"I do not want to loose anyone else."
She said with the hint of tears in her blue eyes.
He smiled thinly, "We can live for a long time, with the right magic, but the only way I know of to secure immortality would be lichdom, which comes with a nasty cost of its own. Our Avatars incarnate in us because we are finite beings, so they can experience such things as birth and death, and all the messy bits in between - whether the time in between comes to years, decades, centuries or even millennia - we all must say farewell at some point, so the Avatar can take what it learned and guide a new life on the paths of Magic. But I promise, I have every intention of staying here so long as you need me."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Rosa girnned and sounded like the game amused her.
"Well then, out you go while I see if I can not find a good hiding spot for little Janice here, perhaps she will never escape my clutches."
She anounced and the girls giggeled again and hurried to the door.

"All right then. Everyone let us go outside for 100 glorious latin seconds while the evil Rosa attempts to hide poor tiny little Janice." Serge announced, embellishing the game somewhat.

He followed everyone outside and perform the same routine.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 am

Anja's Post:

'Erm... if the gas bomb goes off in their face, hitting all their pals but not us, is that so bad?' Nicole commented to the room in general, ending with a "just a thought" gesture as she did a last-second check to be ready.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 am

((The firdt effect i tried to do was to take out the soul, i don't need the avatar for anything XD i wanted to affect her soul without her avatar So that she can't do anything.

Then i want to do the block between soul and avatar. Can we use the last dice roll or do i roll again?))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 am

'Erm... if the gas bomb goes off in their face, hitting all their pals but not us, is that so bad?' Nicole commented to the room in general, ending with a "just a thought" gesture as she did a last-second check to be ready.

"No that would not be bad Miss Bouchard, likely the majority of those out there are not magi and would not be affected by the gas, but for those that are it would be a distasteful but effective way to take them down...if you have a way to reliably prevent the gas from reaching us as well, magick can be used for that off course but there is always a chance one will miss and while casting spells the one taking care of the gas will not be doing anything else to take our enemies down."
Jeffry said without glancing back at Nicole.

Colin frowned, "I judged asking Carmon for a sample to be far more unwise, as I could not easily tell how much blood he had in him at the time, after he had been... harried by miss Carlyle... It seemed too dangerous."

"There is that but also when you have someone who have been changed against their will, loosing everything in the process, using their blood to do the same to another...and another mage at that...it would have been to cruel."
The Verbena said sadly.

He gave Drake a sad smile, "There's the insanity of the Mad Ones, ours and yours, and then there's the sort of insanity where someone is unable to cope with reality anymore, and regresses so deep into themselves that they're scarcely even able to protect and feed themselves... The poor girl in question was the latter..."

"Yes there is...that madness indeed...poor girl, though Kristina tells me that she is being treated well now, even if your society have not yet released her back to mine."
Drake said and frowned.

He nodded, "Miss Carlyle was... greatly shaped by the injustices forced upon her. If any one person deserves blame for her fate, I should say it was her Mentor. But whoever decided she should be forced to watch sentencing is culpable, as well..."

"She should never have been forced to watch that...poor girl."
Kristina said and sigh.

He nodded, "Nobody wants to see that..."

"Many Nephandi likes to see things like that Mentor."
Anna grumbeled.

He grinned warmly, "And now i am even prouder of you, sweetie. Hum, a spray which temporarily blocks magic... Wallace Jace had a rather nasty formula - it knocked an Avatar out for a time, very painfully so, too. I do wonder how he controlled the duration of the effect, though i still do not regret deliberately having his work destroyed..."

"I heard about that horribl gas, I have been having nightmares about that."
Anna muttered and shivered.
"Ehm the spray I and Mr King and Nico are developing do nothing like that, it sort of create bubbles in the Quintessence used for a spell, so that it gets really hard to gather enough to make a spell manifest, it do not affect the mage's Avatar at all, the block as it where are at the output not the input."
Anna said and she smiled pleased when you said you where proud of her.

He grimaced, "The injections are... not the worst part of the serum. Nor, in fact, is the suppression of the Avatar..."
He glanced down at Anna, "But that's not really a suitable topic for here and now... As far as I understand, most of those who were subjected to it for extended periods of time have been warned and offered help, so that's something..."

"Yeah it is not really a comfortable topic to discuss."
Anna said and shivered.
"I am glad those who need it will be getting help though."

He smiled, "Don't be too sure about the 'never' - in one future that may yet happen, you volunteered blood for an emergency transfusion. And after that, you got a tattoo as a reward. I trust you will be able to conquer your fear, in time. But there's no rush."

Anna moved around on the chair a bit uncomfortable at the tought and she begun plucking at her tshirt hem.
"I am...well if...someone I loved really needed it...I...but it would be...horrible and I...I..."
She said and shivered again. Kristina gave the younger mage a concerned look then she turned to you.
"Mr Wainwright that reminds me, I was at a healer's conference on Horizon last week, and I met an Etherite, Dr Herman Cold. As you know I have been keeping an eye on Anna's health reading her Resonance from crystals kept near her, and it give a good overview of her health but it do not provide data a regular doctor can read. Dr Cold have a machine that read someone's health date out of Quintessence from a spell they cast, and it write the date out using the same numbers and system as a doctor¨s blood tests can, and it can answer any question a test on bodily fluids can and more, you could bring the write out from his machine to a sleeper doctor and they will be able to use it to administer treatment to your apprentice. Dr Cold did a demostration of his machine for the conference, most interesting. I made sure to get his buessiness card in case you where interested in his services."
The Verbena said and she vent over to a drawer under one of the benches in the kitchen and rummaged around it and returned with Dr Cold's card and handed it to you.
"It should be a good way to get the proper information on her health condition without causing her pain or fear."

He nodded, "They won't be able to destroy your Avatar - I am certain of it. While you are weak, they cannot afford to touch it, and once you're better, if you ever recover that much, you will have managed to restore it to its former state, and they will no longer have the legal justification for it. The Dragon of du Monte will soar freely."

"But...what if...I am not able to restore my Avatar and cleanse it what if...they sentence me anyway...what if they...destroy my...what..."
Anna said sounding panicked tears appearing in her eyes before she stubbornly wiped them away.
"I do not want to loose my magick."
She whispered. Kristina gave you a bit of a look about the comment about du Monte's dragon before she gave Anna a concerned look.
"I am sure you will be ok little one, you and your Avatar."
She said softly.

He nodded, "I tried the stuff on myself, back when we met. Nobody wants to be injected with that, the injection is painful, and your soul feels like it's all cocooned and wadded up in cotton. And, of course, you're unable to use magic for a day, too... And yes, I was as careful as I could... it still hurt, for both of us..."

"You tested the serum...on yourself Mentor? Are you ok...are you sure nothing of the needle where left?"
Anna asked nervously, she always reacted with concern when someone near her had a needle procedure done as well, after all her phobia had developed from watching what happened to others not from being stuck herself, and she had fretted for days when Kyle had been sent to a vein specialist to figure out why his veins where so bad, or when Freddy had to use her injectable medicine, or when most of the Chantry had been vaccinated a couple of months ago, and now she where fretting over you.
"I...is it ok now Mentor?"
She asked nervously.

He smiled thinly, "We can live for a long time, with the right magic, but the only way I know of to secure immortality would be lichdom, which comes with a nasty cost of its own. Our Avatars incarnate in us because we are finite beings, so they can experience such things as birth and death, and all the messy bits in between - whether the time in between comes to years, decades, centuries or even millennia - we all must say farewell at some point, so the Avatar can take what it learned and guide a new life on the paths of Magic. But I promise, I have every intention of staying here so long as you need me."

"I will never not need you Mentor."
Anna declared and pouted. Drake sigh and he looked at the young mage.
"My kind do not age and we can take a fair bit of damage, but even we eventually die, the point is to not dwell on death but to try to live well while we are alive."
The old vampire said softly.
"Yes Sir but...but..."
Anna protested.

"All right then. Everyone let us go outside for 100 glorious latin seconds while the evil Rosa attempts to hide poor tiny little Janice." Serge announced, embellishing the game somewhat.

He followed everyone outside and perform the same routine.

The young mage girls ran over to the door giggeling, they seamed to be having allot of fun.
"Ok let us get counting Sir."
Jane said when you and the girls got outside and they started counting to one hundred in Latin again, eventually the countring was done.
"Ok...we are good to go then Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"Let us find out where Miss Olsen have hidden Jane's doll, this will be hard it is her apartment after all she knows every inch of it far better than we do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 am

[Tane] (At home with the Fera girls at ca 10 in the morning.)

(OOC: Souls are not regular spirits either, so even if Tane can make a fetish do not mean he can make one out of a human soul, and a soul is where the Avatar is located inside the soul so you will be evicting it with the soul so simply it is to complicated magick for Tane, affecting souls beyond touching it is the purview of Adepts and Masters.

Very well we can use the same roll as before, do you still want to use the Tass and the Willpower point? I will do the opposed rolls for the Nephanda then.)

You begin your working to stop the powerful old Nephanda from using her magick. You can feel her Avatar there, dark, twisted, tainted and you work to block her from the flow of Quintessence from her Avatar, from the very essence of magick itself. Getting the spell to work was hard though, you felt the struggle there, you felt the woman's raw power, at least she was busy with fighting you right now instead to casting spells at your group, giving them some leeway to work.

(OOC: You got enough sucsesses to create a bit of a struggle for the old Nephanda but not enough to stop her from working magick, but you can continue to struggle if you wish and make more opposed rolls.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:00 am

[France, December 19th]
"There is that but also when you have someone who have been changed against their will, loosing everything in the process, using their blood to do the same to another...and another mage at that...it would have been to cruel."
The Verbena said sadly.
Colin nodded, "That... might have broken him, yes, and I did not have that right."

"Many Nephandi likes to see things like that Mentor."
Anna grumbeled.
He grimaced, "Yes, well, nobody should want to see that. The Nephandi have something of a skewed view of things..."

"I heard about that horribl gas, I have been having nightmares about that."
Anna muttered and shivered.
"Ehm the spray I and Mr King and Nico are developing do nothing like that, it sort of create bubbles in the Quintessence used for a spell, so that it gets really hard to gather enough to make a spell manifest, it do not affect the mage's Avatar at all, the block as it where are at the output not the input."
Anna said and she smiled pleased when you said you where proud of her.
He nodded, "The gas was a horrid concoction, and good riddance - I'd not want anyone to replicate its effect. The element that might have been of use would be what he used to set the duration. In any case, that's a clever approach you've got there. I hope you make it stick for long enough to stay relevant."

Anna moved around on the chair a bit uncomfortable at the tought and she begun plucking at her tshirt hem.
"I am...well if...someone I loved really needed it...I...but it would be...horrible and I...I..."
She said and shivered again. Kristina gave the younger mage a concerned look then she turned to you.
"Mr Wainwright that reminds me, I was at a healer's conference on Horizon last week, and I met an Etherite, Dr Herman Cold. As you know I have been keeping an eye on Anna's health reading her Resonance from crystals kept near her, and it give a good overview of her health but it do not provide data a regular doctor can read. Dr Cold have a machine that read someone's health date out of Quintessence from a spell they cast, and it write the date out using the same numbers and system as a doctor¨s blood tests can, and it can answer any question a test on bodily fluids can and more, you could bring the write out from his machine to a sleeper doctor and they will be able to use it to administer treatment to your apprentice. Dr Cold did a demostration of his machine for the conference, most interesting. I made sure to get his buessiness card in case you where interested in his services."
The Verbena said and she vent over to a drawer under one of the benches in the kitchen and rummaged around it and returned with Dr Cold's card and handed it to you.
"It should be a good way to get the proper information on her health condition without causing her pain or fear."
He reached for Anna's hand and gave a light squeeze, "Threads, sweetie... Don't worry about it for now - if you decide to do such a thing, it will be your decision when you are ready for it."
He arched an eyebrow as he scanned the business card, "Doctor Cold, is it? Why do so many of our kind sound like comic book characters? Hm, thank you, we'll have to see about getting an appointment."

"But...what if...I am not able to restore my Avatar and cleanse it what if...they sentence me anyway...what if they...destroy my...what..."
Anna said sounding panicked tears appearing in her eyes before she stubbornly wiped them away.
"I do not want to loose my magick."
She whispered. Kristina gave you a bit of a look about the comment about du Monte's dragon before she gave Anna a concerned look.
"I am sure you will be ok little one, you and your Avatar."
She said softly.
He smiled, "You'll not lose your magic. You'll probably have to wear a collar for the rest of your life, though at some point, you'll not have to close it."
He gave Kristina a wry smile, "Lady Crexia first identified her... Master Steelhaven confirmed it. Anna was the Hermetic back then. But don't tell the Order, they might take exception to such an esteemed reincarnation being trained by an Orphan."

"You tested the serum...on yourself Mentor? Are you ok...are you sure nothing of the needle where left?"
Anna asked nervously, she always reacted with concern when someone near her had a needle procedure done as well, after all her phobia had developed from watching what happened to others not from being stuck herself, and she had fretted for days when Kyle had been sent to a vein specialist to figure out why his veins where so bad, or when Freddy had to use her injectable medicine, or when most of the Chantry had been vaccinated a couple of months ago, and now she where fretting over you.
"I...is it ok now Mentor?"
She asked nervously.
Colin nodded, "I'm fine, perfectly fine. It hurt like an oversized hornet's sting, but I recovered quickly. The needle came out intact with no difficulty."

"I will never not need you Mentor."
Anna declared and pouted. Drake sigh and he looked at the young mage.
"My kind do not age and we can take a fair bit of damage, but even we eventually die, the point is to not dwell on death but to try to live well while we are alive."
The old vampire said softly.
"Yes Sir but...but..."
Anna protested.
He gave Drake a nod, "Life is not measured in years, sweetie, but in the moments. A man who lives a thousand years without treasuring the moments in between has lived far less than a man who gets sixty years and enjoys every last minute..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 am

Colin nodded, "That... might have broken him, yes, and I did not have that right."

Kristina nodded darkly at that.

He grimaced, "Yes, well, nobody should want to see that. The Nephandi have something of a skewed view of things..."

"Yeah...I mean I have grown up with them and I know I should have liked the things they did but I never enjoyed watching...that..."
Anna said sadly and looked down.

He nodded, "The gas was a horrid concoction, and good riddance - I'd not want anyone to replicate its effect. The element that might have been of use would be what he used to set the duration. In any case, that's a clever approach you've got there. I hope you make it stick for long enough to stay relevant."

"I doubt Dr Jace set the duration Mr Wainwright, I uspect the Avatar just used a little time to get back to the host."
Kristina commented. Anna gave you a big smile.
"I hope so to Mentor."

He reached for Anna's hand and gave a light squeeze, "Threads, sweetie... Don't worry about it for now - if you decide to do such a thing, it will be your decision when you are ready for it."

The young mage gave you a nervous smile.
"Yeah..I guess...I ehm...but I would if I had to to save someone I just...ehm..I do not want to think about it."
She managed and looked down at least hse stopped plucking at her clothing.

He arched an eyebrow as he scanned the business card, "Doctor Cold, is it? Why do so many of our kind sound like comic book characters? Hm, thank you, we'll have to see about getting an appointment."

"There is allot of strange names out there a Mr Brick works at a convenience store near Morningstar and I know an Euthanathos named Ender as his surname."
Kristina said and grinned.
"No problem, I just thought his machine might be useful."
She added as Anna leaned over to have a look at the bussiness card.
"He analyzes magick to know the health of the caster?"
She asked and Kristina nodded.
"That he do."

He smiled, "You'll not lose your magic. You'll probably have to wear a collar for the rest of your life, though at some point, you'll not have to close it."

Anna reached up to touch the two Cultist's collar, sealed with a drop of blood from you and from her and nodded.
"That is not a problem if I get to keep my magick Mentor."
She said and smiled a little.

He gave Kristina a wry smile, "Lady Crexia first identified her... Master Steelhaven confirmed it. Anna was the Hermetic back then. But don't tell the Order, they might take exception to such an esteemed reincarnation being trained by an Orphan."

"Hum...interesting...well at least that should help her during her trial the Order would not want to destroy Du Monte's Avatar Fallen or no."
Kristina said and looked at Anna.
"That is quite an inheretance you have there child."
She commented and Anna smiled.
"Yeah my Avatar is powerful ma'am but he is also lazy and just likes to look out at the world through my eyes, he needs a bit of a kick in his scaly butt...not literary off course."

Colin nodded, "I'm fine, perfectly fine. It hurt like an oversized hornet's sting, but I recovered quickly. The needle came out intact with no difficulty."

Anna still looked worried and she frowned.
"If you are sure you are ok Mentor but you should not do things like that...I do not understand why allmost everyone are ok with needles. I mean Jane even got her ears pierced of her own free will, and said she preferred to get injected with the flu vaccines rather than taking the nose spray as she is worried the nose spray will give her a sore throat and make it harder for her to sing...I know that is her foci but even so why can not anyone else see how dangerous they are!"
The little girl complained.

He gave Drake a nod, "Life is not measured in years, sweetie, but in the moments. A man who lives a thousand years without treasuring the moments in between has lived far less than a man who gets sixty years and enjoys every last minute..."

"Yeah but I...would not want to die, I like being alive Mentor."
Anna protested.
"I would want to stay alive for as long as possible."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:08 pm

[France, December 19th]
"Yeah...I mean I have grown up with them and I know I should have liked the things they did but I never enjoyed watching...that..."
Anna said sadly and looked down.
Colin smiled thinly, "You were always too good for them, Anna. In every way."

"I doubt Dr Jace set the duration Mr Wainwright, I uspect the Avatar just used a little time to get back to the host."
Kristina commented. Anna gave you a big smile.
"I hope so to Mentor."
He nodded to Kristina, "Oh, I doubt he set a specific timer, but at the same time, I am inclined to suspect he used some component to delay the return as long as possible. Though I fear it was probably a pain reaction that did that."

The young mage gave you a nervous smile.
"Yeah..I guess...I ehm...but I would if I had to to save someone I just...ehm..I do not want to think about it."
She managed and looked down at least hse stopped plucking at her clothing.
He nodded, "Quite alright. This is not the time for such thoughts."

Anna reached up to touch the two Cultist's collar, sealed with a drop of blood from you and from her and nodded.
"That is not a problem if I get to keep my magick Mentor."
She said and smiled a little.
He grinned, "Once you get your own, instead of the loaner, I suspect you'll grow quite attached to it. It makes for a hell of a fashion statement, after all..."

"Hum...interesting...well at least that should help her during her trial the Order would not want to destroy Du Monte's Avatar Fallen or no."
Kristina said and looked at Anna.
"That is quite an inheretance you have there child."
She commented and Anna smiled.
"Yeah my Avatar is powerful ma'am but he is also lazy and just likes to look out at the world through my eyes, he needs a bit of a kick in his scaly butt...not literary off course."
He grinned wryly, "Yes, well, letting the Order know would be liable to bring up a number of other issues, so I should prefer to keep that particular trump card under wraps for now. Besides, as i said, the Order might protest the status of her Mentor if it became common knowledge. And the old dragon needs to get the sand out of his gears."

Anna still looked worried and she frowned.
"If you are sure you are ok Mentor but you should not do things like that...I do not understand why allmost everyone are ok with needles. I mean Jane even got her ears pierced of her own free will, and said she preferred to get injected with the flu vaccines rather than taking the nose spray as she is worried the nose spray will give her a sore throat and make it harder for her to sing...I know that is her foci but even so why can not anyone else see how dangerous they are!"
The little girl complained.
He chuckled softly, "Sweetie... you have a piercing, too, and our friend who gave you that terrifies most people the first time they see him..."
He turned serious, "However, needles are not dangerous unless mishandled. Medical personnel are trained to handle needles to avoid accidental damage - and while untrained people like myself can use them, caution is still highly recommended to avoid bends or breaks. Still, a little magical precaution helps in ensuring the needle works perfectly - my skill with metalworking is useful there, too."

"Yeah but I...would not want to die, I like being alive Mentor."
Anna protested.
"I would want to stay alive for as long as possible."
He nodded, grinning, "I can't protest that sentiment. I want as much time as I can get with you, Freddy, our future children and that insufferably adorable ghost cat..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:14 pm

The young mage girls ran over to the door giggeling, they seamed to be having allot of fun.
"Ok let us get counting Sir."
Jane said when you and the girls got outside and they started counting to one hundred in Latin again, eventually the countring was done.
"Ok...we are good to go then Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"Let us find out where Miss Olsen have hidden Jane's doll, this will be hard it is her apartment after all she knows every inch of it far better than we do."

"Right you are. But still it can be done. Their's only so many places in an apartment. Just need to look for the clues....or ask her a hundred question until we get it." Serge replied.

He led the group back into the apartment and once again gave it a cursory glance to look for misplaced objects. The first two time the doll wasn't hidden in the apartment so nothing was out of place. Perhaps this time would be different. Although Rosa knew how he operated so she might've taken extra care to cover up any clues.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next