Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 10 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"That is true, I had to risk my life for the Labyrinth many times and do things I would not otherwise have done. I am glad I survived as well Mentor but I do not blame you for doing what you did we where enemies at the time."
Your Apprentice said and she looked up at you and smiled.
Colin nodded, "And it did help me rescue Tian's daughter... she's an adorable toddler, really."

The elderly wizard still looked rather shocked. Anna seamed to pounder that problem for a while then her face light up and she smiled happily
"That is not a problem if I get powerful enough I can kill one of them and take his spot."
She declared then she gave you a bit of a look.
"Did you really meet an Aswadim Mentor? What was he like?"
He shook his head slowly, giving the senior wizard something of an exasperated look, "Ah, no, I don't think that is viable... Besides, Oracles, whichever side they are on, cannot act in Reality, only guide and advise. Essentially, the raw and unlimited power of the cosmos, and no way to show it off... I don't know if that would be worth it, to be honest. As for the Aswadim I met... powerful, restrained, incredibly so... surprisingly human, actually, and quite upset with Lisa Larson's attempt to summon and bind him to do her calling. That sort of mischief is just not acceptable for anyone."

Udella smiled a little as that as she gently lifted Mrs Yellow, who gave a anoyed meep and being disturbed.
"It seams you will have to find another bed now my little friend."
She cooed to the cat, but Mrs Yellow did not seam like she wanted to find another bed and her tail whipped from side to side when Udella put her down on the table next to Rikki, and the small yellow cat decided to get her revenge on the wrong person and she planted her paw right, smack in the middle of Ricky's forehead causing the other cat to jolt awake and then they where at it chasing one another again. Udella chuckeled a little at their antics.
He smiled thinly as the cats returned to the fray.

The Verbena Master opened the door herself and she handed you a paper bag.
"Here are the remedies you wanted, remember just add a little of the fertilizer to the water you give your rosebush and continue doing that until the bottle is empty."
She said then she handed you a carboard plate with some home made corn and banana bars and smiled.
"And here is a healthy snack if the three of you get hungry on the way. Now please say hello to my cousin and his apprentice for me when you get back to Boston."
From inside the apartment you heard Mary Elisabeth call.
"Mommy Heylel bit my finger!"
Philippa sigh.
"Did you put it in their mouth?"
"Yes I wanted the candy they where eating."
"Well don't do that!"
He nodded and winked, "Thank you, very much. And best make sure not to mix the hair tonic with the plant fertilizer, hmm?"
He smiled, "Master Nassa and Beatrice, yes... I will do so, soon as I see them. I've got... something of Beatrice's to give her, too, after all."
He glanced past Philippa in the directions of the children's dispute, "Ah, children... It will be interesting when I have some of my own, I guess..."
He shook his head, "In any case, Milady, thank you for your hospitality, now I've got to hurry back to Boston to face the music."
He bowed, and hurried back to Udella and Anna, bags in hand.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 10 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm

"I am trying to be brave and to just keep going, and I know I have a chance now when I surrendered I thought...that the Traditions where monsters that would destroy my magick first chance they get. It is a little better now but I am still terrified and it is so hard to deal with." Kyle said softly. "Perhaps the centering excersises will help a little." He said and nodded then he looked down at his hands. "Would you have been afraid if there was a chance your magick would be destroyed Adley?" The young mage asked softly.

"Yes. There is nothing to be ashamed about for being afraid, but we have to do our best to try to not let it control us, so we can try to get out of this with the outcome we want. Easier said than done, I know but we just keep trying." He still remembered what it was like to have Kyle removed from his care, grabbed and taken away. And he was afraid of that for him too, he worried about everyone. But they had to try.

"A brat indeed, I was far to idealistic and needed a dose of realism...once our Chantry captured a Marauder but since I had been told my mother had gone Marauder while I was studying in Mus I did not accept that our old Deacon Primus knew best when he sent for the Black Cabal to execute the prisoner so I and my Cabal snuck into the Chantry's basement and freed the Marauder, we got caught for it to off course and I was flogged as a punishment." Jeffry said and he sipped his water. "Which was deserved but really only served to make me more defiant, it was the kindly old Verbena who patched me up later who finally got me to understand how dangerous that Marauder was, that his power and delucions made him enter inhabited realms and attack helpless sleepers. I realized what I had done and volenteered to be part of the strike team that went after him to retrieve him. I learned then both to trust those who know more than me, and also that doing something to right the wrong I had done was a much more constructive way to mak amends than pain."

"You got off lucky just being whipped," he said, surprised at the audacity of what he did. "Even if it didn't really work...I suppose that lesson has spared your apprentices many floggings, for which I am grateful. No, they don't really work. They leave scars and make you angry and learn to fear your master's whims but they don't teach why they thought it was wrong." He shrugged.

"If you are looking for me I am going with the boy to the library, until tomorrow the serum binds his powers, but that is no reason to to get some training done, I am sitting him down with Master Gevarix's Catalouge of Magickal Hand Gestures. He will get to choose for himself if he want to work with the modern or the older handgestures but he will learn one set of them." Jeffry said and Kyle smiled a little and he seamed calmer and took another bite of his food, after all if his new Mentor did not think it was fairly certin his magick would survive why would he be so eager to set him to the task of learning something that would only be useful for said magick.

"Ah good old Gevarix's Catalogue. Hm...the ones might be preferable in that they're easier on the hands, less cramps," he said both remembering his own practicing and that Kyle had issues with his hands. "Make sure when you're practicing to take stretching breaks," he said to Kyle and gave him a small smile of encouragement.

Richard nodded at that and he lead the way to his room, the Akashic had used a room in his apartment as a treatment room for some time so he lead the way through his kitchen and living room set up which was nice and tidy...In the bed lay a woman, she might be ten years older than you, her hair was blond, she was pretty but she looked rather pale and drawn now and she seamed to be sleeping soundly, an IV drip gave her some sort of medicine, and a diffusion lamp spread a minty smelling herbal medicine through the room..

He looked around the rooms a bit curiously, noting that there was an extra room. The person in the bed was sleeping and he stood at the doorway not wishing to disturb her. "I'm not sure what her name is..." he admitted. He only knew what Colin had told him, which was odd enough.

"Ah Miss this is my Cabalmate he wished a word with you as well." He said and the wounded woman turned er attention to you. "Good afternoon." She muttered weakly. "What can I do for you Mr...?"

"Mr Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau," he said tipping his head. "Do forgive me for intruding on your care time, but I just wished to know if you were doing well after the...ordeal."

// Jabberwocky hunt sounds fun. They getting plus one swords of snicker snack?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm

[Colin] (Morningstar 6 30 in the morning.)

Colin nodded, "And it did help me rescue Tian's daughter... she's an adorable toddler, really."

"I am glad you stopped us Mentor, I would not have liked to have to live with having kidnapped a Toddler you know I mean I was...kidnapped when that young, I do not remember all of it but I remember...enough."
Anna said softly and looked away.

He shook his head slowly, giving the senior wizard something of an exasperated look, "Ah, no, I don't think that is viable... Besides, Oracles, whichever side they are on, cannot act in Reality, only guide and advise. Essentially, the raw and unlimited power of the cosmos, and no way to show it off... I don't know if that would be worth it, to be honest.

The old wizard gave a hint of a smile and he returned your look with one of his own that said that he had apprentices of his own and knew the feeling. Anna considered what you where saying and nodded sagely.
"That do seam a bit boring, perhaps I do not want to be an Oracle then, but I do want to be super powerful and do lots of magick!"
She anounced.

As for the Aswadim I met... powerful, restrained, incredibly so... surprisingly human, actually, and quite upset with Lisa Larson's attempt to summon and bind him to do her calling. That sort of mischief is just not acceptable for anyone."

"No that is not good, it is not okey to bind pepole against their will. I wish I could have talked with him though. I have seen an Aswadim once, when he visited our Labyrinth he radiated power, I was not allowed to talk with him though."
The young mage said and pouted.

He nodded and winked, "Thank you, very much. And best make sure not to mix the hair tonic with the plant fertilizer, hmm?"

"I do not think mixing them up would be good no."
Philippa said and she gave a wry smile.
"I have included the recepie for the log cake you liked, it is in the bag as well."

He smiled, "Master Nassa and Beatrice, yes... I will do so, soon as I see them. I've got... something of Beatrice's to give her, too, after all."

"Yes please tell Miss Alexander I hope she recovers soon, the poor dear it must have been...terrible."
Philippa said softly.

He glanced past Philippa in the directions of the children's dispute, "Ah, children... It will be interesting when I have some of my own, I guess..."

You saw Mary Elisabeth decide to take matters into her own hands and get revenge for Heylel biting her so she stomped on her sibling's foot at hard as she could, which made the more sensitive child just sit down on the floor and cry her eyes out.
"Mooooomyyyy Elisabeth stepped on my foooooot!"
The young rebis cried and Philippa gave you a bit of a look.
"Chuldren indeed, they are a great joy and a constant source of frustration."
She said before she turned and said sternly.
"Heylel do not bite your sitster...Elisabeth do not kick your sibling, settle down I will be right there."

He shook his head, "In any case, Milady, thank you for your hospitality, now I've got to hurry back to Boston to face the music."

"Off course Mr Wainwright the best of luck to you."
Philippa said then you heard Mary Elisabeth again.
"Mommy Heylel is muttering in Latin they are casting a spell at me."
The Verbena sigh again.
"Heylel Arden stop whatever you are doing you you will go streight to bed and you will not get to watch the evening cartoons!"
Philippa said then she gave you a bit of a tired look.
"Ah ehm I am sorry Mr Wainwright I better go stop them before they tear the house down or get themselves Paradox, the joys of raising little mages."

He bowed, and hurried back to Udella and Anna, bags in hand.

Anna was busy asking Udella questions.
"Are you really a judge Ma'am? Do you get to lead trials?"
She asked and Udella nodded.
"I do but usually I help merchants on Horizon inteprent harbor laws and regulations and work as a negotiator."
Anna nodded at that.
"What is a negotiator Ma'am?"
Udella smiled a little.
"Let us say a shop on Horizon what chocholate from Belgium and a merchant have such chocholate then I help then settle on a fair price in accordence with Horizon's laws and regulations."
She explained then she saw you.
"Ah Mr Wainwright are you ready to go?"
Udella asked and Anna smiled to you.
"Master Adimari helps pepole sell chocholate on Horizon."
She informed you.
"And that is pretty cool, everywhere needs chocholate."

[Adley] (Steelhaven 5 30 in the evening.)

"Yes. There is nothing to be ashamed about for being afraid, but we have to do our best to try to not let it control us, so we can try to get out of this with the outcome we want. Easier said than done, I know but we just keep trying." He still remembered what it was like to have Kyle removed from his care, grabbed and taken away. And he was afraid of that for him too, he worried about everyone. But they had to try.

"I do not know how to bit let it control me, I mean what do I do if I am sentenced to...that? How do anyone deal with the fear when they are sentenced and know their magick will be destroyed how do they not just fall apart into a crying heap right there and then?"
Kyle asked and he bit his lower lip and looked rather miserable.
"Most do fall apart at that point Kyle, but we are not there yet and the hope is to not ever get there. I know it is easier said than done, but let us say the worst do happen, would you rather spend your last few months in constant fear, than in trying to save yourself, and otherwise enjoying your life, I am not telling you not to be afraid, anyone would be afraid in your situation, I am telling you not to let it define you...I can not promise everything will be ok, but I can say you will have a good chance and that I will not give up on you child, I will fight for you, but right now you are tired, scared and it have been a rough day for you so please eat, you do not make your Avatar any safer by not eating, she needs a healthy host."
Jeffry said gently as he put a hand on Kyle's arm, the young mage nodded but he still looked rather miserable.

"You got off lucky just being whipped," he said, surprised at the audacity of what he did. "Even if it didn't really work...I suppose that lesson has spared your apprentices many floggings, for which I am grateful. No, they don't really work. They leave scars and make you angry and learn to fear your master's whims but they don't teach why they thought it was wrong." He shrugged.

"I did get off lightly, I could have been executed for the offense though that would have been unlikely, being tossed out of the Chantry though that could easily have happened, however even so the flogging only made me angry, it made me defiant I did not see my own error, it hurt and was a pretty bad experience and when I later in life earned the same punishment I was rather...nervous but at the end of the day torture is not a good teacher, making someone understand what they did wrong and then giving them a lesson to make them remember it that is much more effective. If I had beaten you that time when you had just Awakened when you took to lightly on Paradox mea filius, you might have feared me, and feared being caught wrongdoing again, but I do not want you to fear getting caught I want you to get wiser, showing you what a massive Paradox backlash could lead to I do think was more effective in getting that result."
Jeffry said with a small smile.

"Ah good old Gevarix's Catalogue. Hm...the ones might be preferable in that they're easier on the hands, less cramps," he said both remembering his own practicing and that Kyle had issues with his hands. "Make sure when you're practicing to take stretching breaks," he said to Kyle and gave him a small smile of encouragement.

"I will make sure the boy learns both set of gestures so he can work with both those who prefer the old and the new, as well as a selection of other commonly used gestures but he will get to choose the set he prefer himself. I know of his issue with his hands and I will make sure he do not overwork them."
Jeffry said.
"He will also get to show me the gestures he already use as his foci that he have learned from his father."
Your Mentor added and Kyle smiled.
"I can do that Master Morgan."
He agreed, the young mage seamed to be in a better mood now and he returned your smile.

He looked around the rooms a bit curiously, noting that there was an extra room. The person in the bed was sleeping and he stood at the doorway not wishing to disturb her. "I'm not sure what her name is..." he admitted. He only knew what Colin had told him, which was odd enough.

"I was considering asking Colin if he wanted to trade apartments with me now that we are talking about bulding an actual infirmary in the attic, then I will not need to do my job in here and he can have an apartment with another bedroom for his new apprentice."
Richard said absent mindedly.
"Ah her name is Laria Welder."
He informed you.
"She says she is from the Knights Templar."

"Mr Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau," he said tipping his head. "Do forgive me for intruding on your care time, but I just wished to know if you were doing well after the...ordeal."

"I am Captain Laria Welder of the Knights Templar Mr Roth Hicks it is nice to meet you? House Flambeau that is...a House of warriors within the Order of Hermes right? Ah forgive me the organisations of the Traditions are not my area of expertice."
The Crafts mage said, her voice a bit slow and slurred probably from the painkillers she had been given.
"That is perfectly allright Mr Roth Hicks I am...better I guess that is all I can say for now, but I how your what do you call it? Covenant? A great deal for recuing me and for caring for my injuries I will make sure my Commander knows of your kindess."
The woman said formally her inteligent blue eyes studied you as you spoke.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:38 pm

"I did get off lightly, I could have been executed for the offense though that would have been unlikely, being tossed out of the Chantry though that could easily have happened, however even so the flogging only made me angry, it made me defiant I did not see my own error, it hurt and was a pretty bad experience and when I later in life earned the same punishment I was rather...nervous but at the end of the day torture is not a good teacher, making someone understand what they did wrong and then giving them a lesson to make them remember it that is much more effective. If I had beaten you that time when you had just Awakened when you took to lightly on Paradox mea filius, you might have feared me, and feared being caught wrongdoing again, but I do not want you to fear getting caught I want you to get wiser, showing you what a massive Paradox backlash could lead to I do think was more effective in getting that result."

"Fearing paradox is much wiser," he agreed.

"I will make sure the boy learns both set of gestures so he can work with both those who prefer the old and the new, as well as a selection of other commonly used gestures but he will get to choose the set he prefer himself. I know of his issue with his hands and I will make sure he do not overwork them."
Jeffry said.
"He will also get to show me the gestures he already use as his foci that he have learned from his father."
Your Mentor added and Kyle smiled.
"I can do that Master Morgan."
He agreed

"Of course, sir."

"I was considering asking Colin if he wanted to trade apartments with me now that we are talking about bulding an actual infirmary in the attic, then I will not need to do my job in here and he can have an apartment with another bedroom for his new apprentice."
Richard said absent mindedly.

"That gesture would be appreciated, I believe."

"Ah her name is Laria Welder."
He informed you.
"She says she is from the Knights Templar."

"A knight? I've never met a Templar before, that I know." He remembered Colin saying that she had a singing voice and that she was their midwife, once upon a lifetime ago. Now she was a knight.

"I am Captain Laria Welder of the Knights Templar Mr Roth Hicks it is nice to meet you? House Flambeau that is...a House of warriors within the Order of Hermes right? Ah forgive me the organisations of the Traditions are not my area of expertice."

"Yes, Captain Welder."

"That is perfectly allright Mr Roth Hicks I am...better I guess that is all I can say for now, but I how your what do you call it? Covenant? A great deal for recuing me and for caring for my injuries I will make sure my Commander knows of your kindess."

He nodded. "Indeed, well, I am sure we will have much to discuss later. Until then, do rest up. Ah, I was told you asked for Mr Karyak? Do you know him? He is...of our cabal, I can try to let him know that you wish to contact him, if you wish," he offered.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I am glad you stopped us Mentor, I would not have liked to have to live with having kidnapped a Toddler you know I mean I was...kidnapped when that young, I do not remember all of it but I remember...enough."
Anna said softly and looked away.
Colin nodded sagely, "One day, Sweetie, when we're both skilled enough with time travel, we'll try to rescue your mother from Gabriel. Swapping her out with a simulacrum in an instant might be possible, once we have the skill and subtlety... but getting the timing right might be difficult, and we will need skilled healers with us to help... You offered me your doll to save your mother, and I haven't done so yet. I'm not going to lay claim to the doll when we make it, though."

The old wizard gave a hint of a smile and he returned your look with one of his own that said that he had apprentices of his own and knew the feeling. Anna considered what you where saying and nodded sagely.
"That do seam a bit boring, perhaps I do not want to be an Oracle then, but I do want to be super powerful and do lots of magick!"
She anounced.
He grinned, "Who knows, maybe you'll grow up to be a respected advisor to the Council of Nine, something like Master Porthos is today?"

"No that is not good, it is not okey to bind pepole against their will. I wish I could have talked with him though. I have seen an Aswadim once, when he visited our Labyrinth he radiated power, I was not allowed to talk with him though."
The young mage said and pouted.
He smiled wryly, "It is generally unwise to seek out an Oracle just to see them - they are great and powerful, and not to be taken lightly... They cannot act directly in this Reality, but they can advise and guide, and if an Aswadim decides you have been impudent, they might decide to advise others to hunt you down on their behalf. Hum... the son and grandson of the one I met live here in this Chantry, though - perhaps you'll get to meet them someday, once the trial is over and you've earned a measure of trust from the Traditions. They look very much like him, though their personal ideals... are very much different."

"I do not think mixing them up would be good no."
Philippa said and she gave a wry smile.
"I have included the recepie for the log cake you liked, it is in the bag as well."
He grinned, "That might be just the thing for bribing Anna until I learn to make that pasta dish she loves. Not, of course, that I would put an emphasis on bribery as an educational tool."

"Yes please tell Miss Alexander I hope she recovers soon, the poor dear it must have been...terrible."
Philippa said softly.
He nodded, "I held her as they... it was terrible, yes. Fortunately, she'll recover quicker than most would expect, as soon as she receives her severed shards. Hopefully, we can get that done tonight."

You saw Mary Elisabeth decide to take matters into her own hands and get revenge for Heylel biting her so she stomped on her sibling's foot at hard as she could, which made the more sensitive child just sit down on the floor and cry her eyes out.
"Mooooomyyyy Elisabeth stepped on my foooooot!"
The young rebis cried and Philippa gave you a bit of a look.
"Chuldren indeed, they are a great joy and a constant source of frustration."
She said before she turned and said sternly.
"Heylel do not bite your sitster...Elisabeth do not kick your sibling, settle down I will be right there."
He nodded, "Quite so... At the very least, they're just a little physically rough, rather than casting spells at one another..."

"Off course Mr Wainwright the best of luck to you."
Philippa said then you heard Mary Elisabeth again.
"Mommy Heylel is muttering in Latin they are casting a spell at me."
The Verbena sigh again.
"Heylel Arden stop whatever you are doing you you will go streight to bed and you will not get to watch the evening cartoons!"
Philippa said then she gave you a bit of a tired look.
"Ah ehm I am sorry Mr Wainwright I better go stop them before they tear the house down or get themselves Paradox, the joys of raising little mages."
He arched an eyebrow, "I spoke too soon... Save the little angels, and we'll speak again another day."

Anna was busy asking Udella questions.
"Are you really a judge Ma'am? Do you get to lead trials?"
She asked and Udella nodded.
"I do but usually I help merchants on Horizon inteprent harbor laws and regulations and work as a negotiator."
Anna nodded at that.
"What is a negotiator Ma'am?"
Udella smiled a little.
"Let us say a shop on Horizon what chocholate from Belgium and a merchant have such chocholate then I help then settle on a fair price in accordence with Horizon's laws and regulations."
She explained then she saw you.
"Ah Mr Wainwright are you ready to go?"
Udella asked and Anna smiled to you.
"Master Adimari helps pepole sell chocholate on Horizon."
She informed you.
"And that is pretty cool, everywhere needs chocholate."
He grinned, holding up the two bags, "All ready, I have everything I needed, including a certain cake recipe that Anna and I just got to sample. Everyone needs chocolate, this is true... and perhaps on the flight home, Master Adimari can tell of some of her more... spectacular cases. She may seem a mild-mannered lawyer, but in court, she fights like a tigress."
He shook his head, "But enough about that for now, I believe the taxi is waiting outside. Shall we?"
He reached his hand out to Anna and led her gently to the front door, holding it open for the two ladies and glancing at the sky and streets for weather and traffic.

((OOC: They don't know it's a Jabberwocky, but they do know vorpal blades may help. They don't have any of those yet, though - they'll have to work for them.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:04 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, giving a little smile as she adjusted course to enter said parking lot. It would, naturally be almost empty. And large. 'Traffic is good - as long as it's moving. Work out a route to the nearest freeway.'

Anja's Post:

'It would, as it means in a pinch they can't say 100% they'd follow orders.' Nicole replied, giving a little frown, then a sigh. 'Don't freak out... but we've picked up a tail. Giving warning, as the journey might get a bit... rough as we ditch them.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:33 am

Colin nodded sagely, "One day, Sweetie, when we're both skilled enough with time travel, we'll try to rescue your mother from Gabriel. Swapping her out with a simulacrum in an instant might be possible, once we have the skill and subtlety... but getting the timing right might be difficult, and we will need skilled healers with us to help... You offered me your doll to save your mother, and I haven't done so yet. I'm not going to lay claim to the doll when we make it, though."

Anna touched her sweater pocket, which she had the doll in and smiled slightly.
"Do you think we could really do it Mentor? Save my mother right before...Gabriel kills her? That would be wonderful if we could."
She said then she looked at you.
"I remember, when I was little getting away and praying to a god to help my mother but...I do not remember the details I was so little...that was you? Going back in time?"

He grinned, "Who knows, maybe you'll grow up to be a respected advisor to the Council of Nine, something like Master Porthos is today?"

"That sounds like it would be a most frustrating job."
Anna said wryly.

He smiled wryly, "It is generally unwise to seek out an Oracle just to see them - they are great and powerful, and not to be taken lightly... They cannot act directly in this Reality, but they can advise and guide, and if an Aswadim decides you have been impudent, they might decide to advise others to hunt you down on their behalf. Hum... the son and grandson of the one I met live here in this Chantry, though - perhaps you'll get to meet them someday, once the trial is over and you've earned a measure of trust from the Traditions. They look very much like him, though their personal ideals... are very much different."

"I guess so Mentor but even so being in the pressence of such power would be...wonderful."
Anna said and smiled then she looked suprised.
"An Aswadim had babies and they joined the Traditions and had a family? How did that happen? The joining the Traditions part not the had a baby part I know how that happens I have grown up in a Labyrinth."

He grinned, "That might be just the thing for bribing Anna until I learn to make that pasta dish she loves. Not, of course, that I would put an emphasis on bribery as an educational tool."

"For the children in works with, bribery can be a wonderful tool, I do not subscribe to those who say it give you less authority over your kids, as long as I can get them to do what they do not really want to do by offering a reward all is good in my book."
Philippa said and she smiled a little.

He nodded, "I held her as they... it was terrible, yes. Fortunately, she'll recover quicker than most would expect, as soon as she receives her severed shards. Hopefully, we can get that done tonight."

Philippa paled a little as you spoke.
"You held her as...that can not have been easy on your Mr Wainwright and for Beatrice...I can not even imagine, poor child. You have the missing shards then and that is what you are returning to her? I hope that go well then and that she will soon recover and that she will one day be able toput what happened behind her."
The Verbena Healer said softly.

He nodded, "Quite so... At the very least, they're just a little physically rough, rather than casting spells at one another..."

"For now at least."
Philippa said wryly.

He arched an eyebrow, "I spoke too soon... Save the little angels, and we'll speak again another day."

"Yes I better do so, forgive the abruptnes f me going back inside Mr Wainwright, they would not actually harm one another but magick, while it might be a toy for training practices, it should only be so under supervision."
Philippa said apologetically before she hurried inside to tend to the toddlers.

He grinned, holding up the two bags, "All ready, I have everything I needed, including a certain cake recipe that Anna and I just got to sample.

Anna grinned and she clapped her heands enthusiastically at that.
"Huzzah!"
She declared and Udella smiled at that.
"Well we should go then."
She said and stood.

Everyone needs chocolate, this is true... and perhaps on the flight home, Master Adimari can tell of some of her more... spectacular cases. She may seem a mild-mannered lawyer, but in court, she fights like a tigress."

Udella gave a smile at that and nodded.
"Well it is my job to do everything I can for a client, if the system is to work that is how it must be."
She said and Anna looked at her.
"So you do not only broker trade agreements?"
She asked and Udella smiled a little.
"No child, while that is the majority of my work these days, it is not all that I do no."

He shook his head, "But enough about that for now, I believe the taxi is waiting outside. Shall we?"
He reached his hand out to Anna and led her gently to the front door, holding it open for the two ladies and glancing at the sky and streets for weather and traffic.

Anna took your hand, it was clear that walking around hurt her a bit but she did not complain. Outside it was just getting dark, there was a bit of wind and it had rained earlier so the air was still pretty moist. There stood a yellow cab parket outside Morningstar's gate.

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 in the afternoon.)

Nicole nodded to this, giving a little smile as she adjusted course to enter said parking lot. It would, naturally be almost empty. And large. 'Traffic is good - as long as it's moving. Work out a route to the nearest freeway.'

"Very well, let me see if you just keep heading right."
Thorn said. You got to the parking lot, it really was large and other than two cars of to the side that looked like they had been there for a while and some dumpsters right outside of the mall, the large parking lot was completely empty.

'It would, as it means in a pinch they can't say 100% they'd follow orders.' Nicole replied, giving a little frown, then a sigh. 'Don't freak out... but we've picked up a tail. Giving warning, as the journey might get a bit... rough as we ditch them.'

"The Engineers will follow the orders...they agree with, but not others, take for example that they refuse to hunt down and kill or capture Deviants on general principle, they will attack those who go after our Dimensional facilities and they will defend themselves and their Constructs and Amalgams, but if a Deviant keep to themselves they refuse any part in going after them."
James explained then he paniced as you said there was a tail.
"No no no no no no no!"
He whimpered and you heard him starting to hyperventilate.
"W...who is it...they will catch us and...no...no...no."
The traumatized man whispered and he started sobbing hysterically.

"Fearing paradox is much wiser," he agreed.

"Ah yes the great Reckoner, it will give you a quite painful lesson if it feels you have misbehaved."
Jeffry said darkly.
"Paradox sucks!"
Kyle anounced glumly.

"That gesture would be appreciated, I believe."

"Well we all have to help one another out and the apartments with an extra room is useful if one have an apprentice, and if we build a new, actual infirmary I do not need my little mini doctor's office here."
Richard said and smiled.

"A knight? I've never met a Templar before, that I know." He remembered Colin saying that she had a singing voice and that she was their midwife, once upon a lifetime ago. Now she was a knight.

"Yes, we are a religious organisation you would call a Craft, dedicating to bettering ourselves in the eyes of our lord, and protecting the inocent."
The woman said proudly.

"Yes, Captain Welder."

"I have heard good things about your House then Mr Roth Hicks, I have heard that you are quite good allies to have on the battlefield."
Captain Welder said approvingly.

He nodded. "Indeed, well, I am sure we will have much to discuss later. Until then, do rest up. Ah, I was told you asked for Mr Karyak? Do you know him? He is...of our cabal, I can try to let him know that you wish to contact him, if you wish," he offered.

"I do not know Mr Karyak personally, I was sent to make contact with him and though him his Craft."
The wounded woman said then she hesitated unsure of how much she should say.
"I assure you Mr Roth Hicks my superiors have no neferious purposes in mind, we are mearely trying to establish contact between the groups you would call Crafts, the Technocrazy have been quite active lately and as the Traditions have already learned, there can be safety in numbers."
The Templar said as she regarded you.
"If you could let Mr Karyak know I request a moment of his time I would be most grateful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:38 am

"If you try to get that woman she might get you as well. I...do not want anyone else to get hurt...she do horrible things...makes...videos where there is only endless pain eventually when you scream enough sound stop coming out but you are in so much pain you don't notice it, you stop believing there is anything but pain, and then you realise that the other things she have done to your body is worse than the pain...and it continue and continue and continue."
He said flatly and the lighting in the kitchen grew darker and more omnious.

"Their are people out there who are willing to go through that risk to ensure this world is a safer place to live in. I'm sure you managed to gather that in the fight with the Needle man. I wouldn't be surprised if this women wasn't on their radar already." Serge said, his morbid curiosity growing as to who this women could be.

"But lets skip that subject shall we. This is a place of safety. No use talking about someone who'll never be able to find you and hurt you again. Especially not in here."

"But what if he gets his powers back?"
The wounded man whispered nearvously.

"The serum that he's been affected by will be routinely given to him to ensure he remains powerless. Also before his inevitable death penalty his powers will stripped from him....permanently." Serge explained.

"I guess...that some who have special powers use them for good...but those who do not are scary, I am not coming out!"
He muttered desperatly.
Suddenly there was the smell of cooking pasta sauce in the room, the smell of tomato sauce, herbs and meat filled the room, and you could hear a woman's light steps moving around the room and the sound of pots and pans being stirred.
"Yes, the table will be set, we will eat my mom's homecooked meal and then everything will be ok..."
The wounded man whispered and he smiled a little.
"I helped her make the meatballs at times, I like the meatsauce with chunky meatballs in it...and I would set the table."
The man said as the light in the kitchen got brigther with the sounds and smells of cooking.

"Ahhh you smell that? Muy caliente!" Serge said, somehow confusing Spanish and Italian.

"You can stay in the room, but you still have to come out from under the table if you want to eat spaghetti. Come on! come on! Don't you want to eat? We should help set up the table while your mother cooks. Your mom might reward you with those chunky meatballs." Serge said cheerfully gesturing the man to come out from under the table.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 am

"Yes, we are a religious organisation you would call a Craft, dedicating to bettering ourselves in the eyes of our lord, and protecting the inocent."
The woman said proudly.

"I see," he said in a neutral tone.

"I have heard good things about your House then Mr Roth Hicks, I have heard that you are quite good allies to have on the battlefield." Captain Welder said approvingly.

"Indeed."

"I do not know Mr Karyak personally, I was sent to make contact with him and though him his Craft."The wounded woman said then she hesitated unsure of how much she should say. "I assure you Mr Roth Hicks my superiors have no neferious purposes in mind, we are mearely trying to establish contact between the groups you would call Crafts, the Technocrazy have been quite active lately and as the Traditions have already learned, there can be safety in numbers...The Templar said as she regarded you.
"If you could let Mr Karyak know I request a moment of his time I would be most grateful."

"Perhaps the Technocracy are always active, but we probably just don't always notice it," he said. Much like the Nephandi, really. "But, I'm sure if you have any information about them, then it might be beneficial to us both after all. At any rate, I will let him know if I see him, if it seems wise," he said cautiously.

// sounds like it's gonna be a fun game

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 5 in the afternoon.)

"Their are people out there who are willing to go through that risk to ensure this world is a safer place to live in. I'm sure you managed to gather that in the fight with the Needle man. I wouldn't be surprised if this women wasn't on their radar already." Serge said, his morbid curiosity growing as to who this women could be.

"The world would be much safer without that woman."
The man agreed but it was clear that the thought of her upset and terrified him and the more he thought about her the darker the kitchen got.
"But she is to dangerous, far to dangerous to try to capture...to dangerous."

"But lets skip that subject shall we. This is a place of safety. No use talking about someone who'll never be able to find you and hurt you again. Especially not in here."

"Are you sure it is safe here? Are we safe?"
The man asked then his eyes met yours from under the table for a moment.
"No I do not want to talk about that woman."
He declared and shook his head.

"The serum that he's been affected by will be routinely given to him to ensure he remains powerless. Also before his inevitable death penalty his powers will stripped from him....permanently." Serge explained.

"It is good that he will not be able to harm anyone anymore...that is good, but it is strange what you talk about make something inside of me afraid, I do not understand it. Would not killing the needle man be enough, he can not harm anyone if he is dead."
The wounded man said nervously.

"Ahhh you smell that? Muy caliente!" Serge said, somehow confusing Spanish and Italian.

"You can stay in the room, but you still have to come out from under the table if you want to eat spaghetti. Come on! come on! Don't you want to eat? We should help set up the table while your mother cooks. Your mom might reward you with those chunky meatballs." Serge said cheerfully gesturing the man to come out from under the table.

The man hesitated but then he begun crawling out from under the table, he looked around nervously to make sure there where no one dangerous there then he got out.
"Ok...but I am not leaving the kitchen."
He muttered, he looked so pale and scared as he walked over to a kitchen abinet over the sink where he got cheap but pretty plates, porcelain with a faded rose print on them and begun to set the table.
"You should get the milk in the fridge and glasses."
He said as he begun to set the table, which now had a yellow table cloth on it.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 5 in the afternoon)

"Indeed."

Captain Welder gave you a weak smile at that.

"Perhaps the Technocracy are always active, but we probably just don't always notice it," he said. Much like the Nephandi, really. "But, I'm sure if you have any information about them, then it might be beneficial to us both after all.

"I have noobjections to giving what information I have about The Technocrazy, they are sinners and they are a danger to us all, killing and capturing those that do not fit with their Atheist utoian ideals."
The Templar agreed.
"But if I may rest a little longer before giving such a rapport I would be most grateful and I do apologize for my weakness but I am simply not sure how long I am able to stay awake in my current condition."
She requested, her voice still slurred from the painkillers she was on.

At any rate, I will let him know if I see him, if it seems wise," he said cautiously.

"Off course you must follow your own inner voice for counsel in this Mr Roth Hicks, it is the voice of god after all, but I do assure you that I intend no harm."
The Templar said and she closed her eyes, now clearly tired out from the conversation, who knew how long the Nephandi had held her captive and tortured her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:36 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
Anna touched her sweater pocket, which she had the doll in and smiled slightly.
"Do you think we could really do it Mentor? Save my mother right before...Gabriel kills her? That would be wonderful if we could."
She said then she looked at you.
"I remember, when I was little getting away and praying to a god to help my mother but...I do not remember the details I was so little...that was you? Going back in time?"
Colin nodded, "Well, getting projected backwards in time, at any rate - you were the only one to see me, after all."

"That sounds like it would be a most frustrating job."
Anna said wryly.
He grinned, "Oh, I don't know - Master Porthos seems to enjoy holding the Nine's ears from time to time. You know, keep them from getting too far out of line..."

"I guess so Mentor but even so being in the pressence of such power would be...wonderful."
Anna said and smiled then she looked suprised.
"An Aswadim had babies and they joined the Traditions and had a family? How did that happen? The joining the Traditions part not the had a baby part I know how that happens I have grown up in a Labyrinth."
He smiled, "It's a bit of a long story, but the short version is that Master Ir surrendered to the Traditions, and they... discovered they could not remove his Avatar. So he was granted a limited membership, rather than risking killing him and having a hostile, ridiculously powerful widderslainte be born somewhere, somewhen they could not control."

"For the children in works with, bribery can be a wonderful tool, I do not subscribe to those who say it give you less authority over your kids, as long as I can get them to do what they do not really want to do by offering a reward all is good in my book."
Philippa said and she smiled a little.
He smiled, "Oh, of course, I'm just saying it should not be the first tool one turns to - that seems to lead to some rather spoiled brats, if i may be so frank."

Philippa paled a little as you spoke.
"You held her as...that can not have been easy on your Mr Wainwright and for Beatrice...I can not even imagine, poor child. You have the missing shards then and that is what you are returning to her? I hope that go well then and that she will soon recover and that she will one day be able toput what happened behind her."
The Verbena Healer said softly.
He nodded and smiled slyly, "I did not remember then, that came a couple of days later... but mommy remembers her daughter, as it were, and managed to keep the pieces safe. I don't know if she'll ever fully be able to forget - but she will heal, and you know how it is with scar tissue..."

"Yes I better do so, forgive the abruptnes f me going back inside Mr Wainwright, they would not actually harm one another but magick, while it might be a toy for training practices, it should only be so under supervision."
Philippa said apologetically before she hurried inside to tend to the toddlers.
He nodded, "Nothing to forgive; I am far less important than your children's safety."

Anna grinned and she clapped her heands enthusiastically at that.
"Huzzah!"
She declared and Udella smiled at that.
"Well we should go then."
She said and stood.
He smiled, "I just might bake one sometime during the week... need to do some shopping first, though."

Udella gave a smile at that and nodded.
"Well it is my job to do everything I can for a client, if the system is to work that is how it must be."
She said and Anna looked at her.
"So you do not only broker trade agreements?"
She asked and Udella smiled a little.
"No child, while that is the majority of my work these days, it is not all that I do no."
He grinned, "She's got something of a soft spot for the underdog, I guess... Commendable in a defense attorney."

Anna took your hand, it was clear that walking around hurt her a bit but she did not complain. Outside it was just getting dark, there was a bit of wind and it had rained earlier so the air was still pretty moist. There stood a yellow cab parket outside Morningstar's gate.
He stepped over to the cab and tapped on the window, "Steed, party of three? We're going to the MacAllister building."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:59 am

Colin nodded, "Well, getting projected backwards in time, at any rate - you were the only one to see me, after all."

"I wonder why that is Mentor, why you got projected backwards in time and found me Mentor, how did that happen?"
Anna asked sounding a bit confused.

He grinned, "Oh, I don't know - Master Porthos seems to enjoy holding the Nine's ears from time to time. You know, keep them from getting too far out of line..."

"I think I would prefer to do my own thing Mentor, rather than babysitting politicians."
Anna said and griped.

He smiled, "It's a bit of a long story, but the short version is that Master Ir surrendered to the Traditions, and they... discovered they could not remove his Avatar. So he was granted a limited membership, rather than risking killing him and having a hostile, ridiculously powerful widderslainte be born somewhere, somewhen they could not control."

"I sounds like the Traditions made a smart choice then Mentor. Is Master Ir the one that caused that legal precedent that you say might save me then? Since my Avatar is powerful and I am weakened and so if it gets loose when they try to...to...well you know, he will bite the ones who try to hurt them, or sit on them, he is rather fat."
Anna asked and she looked at you and frowned.

He smiled, "Oh, of course, I'm just saying it should not be the first tool one turns to - that seems to lead to some rather spoiled brats, if i may be so frank."

"Oh absolutely for the most part I raise my children with a mix of giving them responsibilities after what they can handle andhaving consequenses for bad behavior, but a bribe now and again is useful."
Philippa said and smiled.

He nodded and smiled slyly, "I did not remember then, that came a couple of days later... but mommy remembers her daughter, as it were, and managed to keep the pieces safe. I don't know if she'll ever fully be able to forget - but she will heal, and you know how it is with scar tissue..."

"Her daugther? Oh...I see. Well I hope Miss Alexander will recover and scar tissue tend to be tough Mr Wainwright as you yourself probably knows, I hope the young lady will be the same mentally as well."
The Verbena said but she looked cocerned.

He nodded, "Nothing to forgive; I am far less important than your children's safety."

Philippa gave you a greatful look and she hurried inside to stop her children's fight.
"Both of you stop that this instant!"
She said before she closed the door.

He smiled, "I just might bake one sometime during the week... need to do some shopping first, though."

"I have neverbaked anything before but I know how to make waffels."
Anna said and nodded.
"Both with and without Labyrinth flesh as an ingredient...but cake is even better than waffels."

He grinned, "She's got something of a soft spot for the underdog, I guess... Commendable in a defense attorney."

Udella smiled just a little at that.

He stepped over to the cab and tapped on the window, "Steed, party of three? We're going to the MacAllister building."

A woman in her mid 40's where driving the cab, she had short, blond hair with a sprinkling of gray, pale blue eyes and thin lips, she gave you a polite smile.
"Ah Mr Steed off course, do you have any luggage you need any help with? If not you and your party can just get in and we can get going, oh yes and good evening to you Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:11 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I wonder why that is Mentor, why you got projected backwards in time and found me Mentor, how did that happen?"
Anna asked sounding a bit confused.
Colin smiled, "Well, i was doing a bit of time manipulation on my own at the time - it seems future me uses that as a beacon to pinpoint me at times when I need a bit of information or other nudge in the right direction... though in that particular case, I can't be certain whether it was you or I who did the work. I am inclined to suspect it might have been you who linked present me up with your past self, to secure your future."

"I think I would prefer to do my own thing Mentor, rather than babysitting politicians."
Anna said and griped.
He grinned, "I'm all in favour of that. Though having the option of telling politicians when they are wrong is a good thing, all the same..."

"I sounds like the Traditions made a smart choice then Mentor. Is Master Ir the one that caused that legal precedent that you say might save me then? Since my Avatar is powerful and I am weakened and so if it gets loose when they try to...to...well you know, he will bite the ones who try to hurt them, or sit on them, he is rather fat."
Anna asked and she looked at you and frowned.
He nodded, "That he is. Let's... not go into further detail."

"Oh absolutely for the most part I raise my children with a mix of giving them responsibilities after what they can handle andhaving consequenses for bad behavior, but a bribe now and again is useful."
He nodded, "Carrot and stick, and careful application of both."

"Her daugther? Oh...I see. Well I hope Miss Alexander will recover and scar tissue tend to be tough Mr Wainwright as you yourself probably knows, I hope the young lady will be the same mentally as well."
The Verbena said but she looked cocerned.
He nodded, "She is Verbena... she is her Mentor's apprentice; she will recover and be well, even if she might have some lingering trauma, she will be healthy of mind, body and spirit."

"I have neverbaked anything before but I know how to make waffels."
Anna said and nodded.
"Both with and without Labyrinth flesh as an ingredient...but cake is even better than waffels."
He grimaced, "I think we'll have to forgo the Labyrinth flesh variety. Or any flesh variety, in fact."

A woman in her mid 40's where driving the cab, she had short, blond hair with a sprinkling of gray, pale blue eyes and thin lips, she gave you a polite smile.
"Ah Mr Steed off course, do you have any luggage you need any help with? If not you and your party can just get in and we can get going, oh yes and good evening to you Sir."
He opened the back seat door and gestured to Anna and Udella, "Good evening, indeed. No luggage of note; nothing we can't keep in our laps. I must ask you to drive a bit gently, though - my daughter has had recent surgery, so I should like to keep jostling to a minimum."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Colin smiled, "Well, i was doing a bit of time manipulation on my own at the time - it seems future me uses that as a beacon to pinpoint me at times when I need a bit of information or other nudge in the right direction... though in that particular case, I can't be certain whether it was you or I who did the work. I am inclined to suspect it might have been you who linked present me up with your past self, to secure your future."

"That might be so, that once when I am allot more powerful I sent you to me back in time when I needed you most Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"How do you know it is your future self that send you messages though Mentor and not someone or something else?"

He grinned, "I'm all in favour of that. Though having the option of telling politicians when they are wrong is a good thing, all the same..."

"A good thing yes, but also a boring thing."
Anna said and she smiled wryly.

He nodded, "That he is. Let's... not go into further detail."

"Yeah it is not a plesant topic, but it sounds like he is sort of saving me then I should thank him sometime."
The young mage said and she shivered again.
"You are sure my Avatar is safe right Mentor?"
She asked nervously.

He nodded, "Carrot and stick, and careful application of both."

"Indeed, a balance between them both and a gentle but firm hand is usually the best way to raise a child in my opinion."
Philippa agreed.

He nodded, "She is Verbena... she is her Mentor's apprentice; she will recover and be well, even if she might have some lingering trauma, she will be healthy of mind, body and spirit."

"Yes off course she is a Verbena, she is of my Mentor's lineage, she will recover she is a strong girl."
The older Verbena said and smiled a little.
"And she will have her Mentor and her Cabal and Coven there to support her, and her family."

He grimaced, "I think we'll have to forgo the Labyrinth flesh variety. Or any flesh variety, in fact."

"That is probably a good idea Mentor, Labyrinth flesh do not taste very good, but if you take out the sugar and add some bacon that can be good in waffels."
Anna said and smiled.
"But not better than cake."

He opened the back seat door and gestured to Anna and Udella, "Good evening, indeed. No luggage of note; nothing we can't keep in our laps. I must ask you to drive a bit gently, though - my daughter has had recent surgery, so I should like to keep jostling to a minimum."

"Aww the poor dear, I will drive as gently as I can. I hope she is not seriously ill."
The driver said as she waited for everyone to get setteled into the cab.
"The Mac Allister building right Sir?"
The driver asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"That might be so, that once when I am allot more powerful I sent you to me back in time when I needed you most Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"How do you know it is your future self that send you messages though Mentor and not someone or something else?"
Colin shrugged ever so slightly, "That is a good question... but Master Steelhaven is convinced it is I who shifts my consciousness around to other points on my timeline, and it would be far easier for me to do it than for anyone else, considering I know precisely when and where I've been in time bubbles or used temporal magic, so I can pinpoint myself in the past... But yes, it is entirely possible that it is not me doing it. Less likely, but possible. Oh, you'll like Master Steelhaven, by the way - he's going to head out to become a Postulant, attempting to become an Oracle."

"A good thing yes, but also a boring thing."
Anna said and she smiled wryly.
He smiled wryly, "The positive side of that is that you would certainly have the freedom to do your own thing whenever you didn't feel like advising the Nine. Unlike the Seats, you wouldn't have to attend the council meetings and the like."

"Yeah it is not a plesant topic, but it sounds like he is sort of saving me then I should thank him sometime."
The young mage said and she shivered again.
"You are sure my Avatar is safe right Mentor?"
She asked nervously.
He nodded, "They can't get to it without risking killing you... and that would mean risking your lazy dragon suddenly not being lazy anymore. So yes, I am sure you are safe, both of you."

"Yes off course she is a Verbena, she is of my Mentor's lineage, she will recover she is a strong girl."
The older Verbena said and smiled a little.
"And she will have her Mentor and her Cabal and Coven there to support her, and her family."
He nodded, "We'll all be there for her. While we couldn't save her or her brother last time, when they were at this Chantry seventy years ago, we can this time - and we will. Both of them."

"That is probably a good idea Mentor, Labyrinth flesh do not taste very good, but if you take out the sugar and add some bacon that can be good in waffels."
Anna said and smiled.
"But not better than cake."
He pondered, "I've always found waffles to be a bit too far on the sweet side for bacon... same with American pancakes. Chocolate or blueberry jelly, on the other hand, works magnificently."

"Aww the poor dear, I will drive as gently as I can. I hope she is not seriously ill."
The driver said as she waited for everyone to get setteled into the cab.
"The Mac Allister building right Sir?"
The driver asked.
He nodded, "Thank you... No, she was injured, but she's recovering faster than the doctors expected."
He slipped into the passenger seat, and buckled up, glancing back at Anna and Udella, "The MacAllister building, yes. On the 300 North LaSalle block."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Anja's Post:

'If you know of anything to help us lose 'em, now is the time to mention it.' Nicole said to Thorn, turning into the parking lot at some speed, then accelerating sharply; making the tail have to actually chase them.

Anja's Post:

'Union squad, we think. This happens all the time with us. And it is only one car.' She said loudly.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Colin shrugged ever so slightly, "That is a good question... but Master Steelhaven is convinced it is I who shifts my consciousness around to other points on my timeline, and it would be far easier for me to do it than for anyone else, considering I know precisely when and where I've been in time bubbles or used temporal magic, so I can pinpoint myself in the past... But yes, it is entirely possible that it is not me doing it. Less likely, but possible. Oh, you'll like Master Steelhaven, by the way - he's going to head out to become a Postulant, attempting to become an Oracle."

"I guess it is the most likely that it is your future self that is doing this then Mentor, which is sort of cool."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Master Steelhaven is going to become a Oracle, like a none Nephandi Aswadim? That is pretty neat, is he really powerful?"

He smiled wryly, "The positive side of that is that you would certainly have the freedom to do your own thing whenever you didn't feel like advising the Nine. Unlike the Seats, you wouldn't have to attend the council meetings and the like."

"That is true...but I am not sure what I want to do in the future Mentor, I just want to learn more magick."
The young mage siad and smiled.

He nodded, "They can't get to it without risking killing you... and that would mean risking your lazy dragon suddenly not being lazy anymore. So yes, I am sure you are safe, both of you."

"My lazy dragon would defend itself, and me."
Anna said and she nodded.
"Is it because what they usually do to captured Nephandi hurt so much that I would not survive it with a weak heart that I am safe?"
She asked a bit nervously and looked up at you again.

He nodded, "We'll all be there for her. While we couldn't save her or her brother last time, when they were at this Chantry seventy years ago, we can this time - and we will. Both of them."

Philippa nodded sagely at that.
"I hope so Mr Wainwright, and I wish young Miss Alexander the best, she have been through something horrible, but perhaps she will come back from that stronger."

He pondered, "I've always found waffles to be a bit too far on the sweet side for bacon... same with American pancakes. Chocolate or blueberry jelly, on the other hand, works magnificently."

"That is why I said that if you are going to put bacon in them them you have cut out the sugar, then they are pretty good, but chocholate on waffels sounds good Mentor."
Anna said then she gave you a confused look.
"There are different kinds of pancakes?"

He nodded, "Thank you... No, she was injured, but she's recovering faster than the doctors expected."

"That is good to hear Mr Steed, have you been here in Chicago for treatment for your daugther then perhaps?"
The driver asked.

He slipped into the passenger seat, and buckled up, glancing back at Anna and Udella, "The MacAllister building, yes. On the 300 North LaSalle block."

Udella helped Anna with the seatbelt but the little girl winced sharly.
"It press a bit on my chest."
She muttered and Udelle nodded.
"Here, take your hand and hold the seatbelt like that to relieve the pressure."
She informed the girl and Anna did so.
"That is better."
She said as the driver started the drive towards the Umbral port.
"It should not be a long drive Mr Steed."
She informed you.

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 in the afternoon.)

'If you know of anything to help us lose 'em, now is the time to mention it.' Nicole said to Thorn, turning into the parking lot at some speed, then accelerating sharply; making the tail have to actually chase them.

"I could try to see if I could get luck on my side and mess with their car."
Thorn suggjested. The dark red car followed you into the parking lot, it was now rather clear it was following you and that whoever was in it knew that you had spotted them so they did not care about hiding anymore.

'Union squad, we think. This happens all the time with us. And it is only one car.' She said loudly.

"What if they are Nephandi...what if they capture us again...I am not going back there!"
The Technocrat wept desperatly.
"What if it is the Nephandi?"
He said and Thorn glanced behind at the car.
"I am pretty sure they are Technocrats...there might be some tracking on Mr Steppanenko here, I can check for that or see if I can do something about their car but I can't do both at once."
The Verbena said to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:15 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I guess it is the most likely that it is your future self that is doing this then Mentor, which is sort of cool."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Master Steelhaven is going to become a Oracle, like a none Nephandi Aswadim? That is pretty neat, is he really powerful?"
Colin nodded, "Yes, he is... He was able to mend my mind when I came to America; it was... not in the best condition after my tour of duty. I'm not going to say he should do the same for you, since you don't want anyone meddling with your head, but he was able to help me overcome the trauma that kept hurting me."

"That is true...but I am not sure what I want to do in the future Mentor, I just want to learn more magick."
The young mage siad and smiled.
He smiled, "Well, you could likely make a decent living creating beautiful spells and selling them, or showing them off to crowds; I'd wager there's quite a market for that on Horizon, both academical and for entertainment."

"My lazy dragon would defend itself, and me."
Anna said and she nodded.
"Is it because what they usually do to captured Nephandi hurt so much that I would not survive it with a weak heart that I am safe?"
She asked a bit nervously and looked up at you again.
He nodded, "It's... painful. Very comparable to a Caul, though I am not certain which is actually more painful... but it's bad. Very bad. So it won't happen to you."

Philippa nodded sagely at that.
"I hope so Mr Wainwright, and I wish young Miss Alexander the best, she have been through something horrible, but perhaps she will come back from that stronger."
He smiled, "She'll be back up and compassionately helping others in a couple of months; I am not worried."

"That is why I said that if you are going to put bacon in them them you have cut out the sugar, then they are pretty good, but chocholate on waffels sounds good Mentor."
Anna said then she gave you a confused look.
"There are different kinds of pancakes?"
He nodded, "American pancakes are thicker, smaller, sweeter, and are mainly suited as a breakfast food with a dash of butter and syrup. European pancakes are thinner, larger, more savoury, and are commonly served with a wider variety of toppings, rolled up like a crepe."

"That is good to hear Mr Steed, have you been here in Chicago for treatment for your daugther then perhaps?"
The driver asked.
He smiled wryly, "That, too... It's a long and odd story; I'd rather not get into it all, if you don't mind."

Udella helped Anna with the seatbelt but the little girl winced sharly.
"It press a bit on my chest."
She muttered and Udelle nodded.
"Here, take your hand and hold the seatbelt like that to relieve the pressure."
She informed the girl and Anna did so.
"That is better."
She said as the driver started the drive towards the Umbral port.
"It should not be a long drive Mr Steed."
She informed you.
He nodded, "Excellent."
He fished out his phone and sent a message to Morgan, 'Leaving Morningstar now; would not be surprised to find a welcoming party waiting in Boston. Any chance of a bit of security to prevent interference?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:50 pm

"I have noobjections to giving what information I have about The Technocrazy, they are sinners and they are a danger to us all, killing and capturing those that do not fit with their Atheist utoian ideals." The Templar agreed. "But if I may rest a little longer before giving such a rapport I would be most grateful and I do apologize for my weakness but I am simply not sure how long I am able to stay awake in my current condition."

"Of course," he said, sounding surprised that she thought he meant now. Then again she was a knight, so perhaps she was used to briefings under duress.

"Off course you must follow your own inner voice for counsel in this Mr Roth Hicks, it is the voice of god after all, but I do assure you that I intend no harm."
The Templar said and she closed her eyes, now clearly tired out from the conversation, who knew how long the Nephandi had held her captive and tortured her.

He blinked a bit at her. It had been some while since he talked with someone as devout as that, even Choristers had a slightly different view. He looked over at Dr Lee. "I'm sorry, I tired her out..." he said, stepping back. "I'll leave you both," he said, extricating himself with an apologetic look. "I should go, I have some other tasks. Thank you," he said with a nod of his head. After he closed the door behind him, he headed to where Kyle's parents were staying.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, he is... He was able to mend my mind when I came to America; it was... not in the best condition after my tour of duty. I'm not going to say he should do the same for you, since you don't want anyone meddling with your head, but he was able to help me overcome the trauma that kept hurting me."

"Because you crashed and was hurt Mentor those memories where hurting you?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you.
"I do not want anyone to mess with my head but I am glad Master Steelhaven could help you, it is not fun to have bad memories."

He smiled, "Well, you could likely make a decent living creating beautiful spells and selling them, or showing them off to crowds; I'd wager there's quite a market for that on Horizon, both academical and for entertainment."

"I would like to work with that, making spells for pepole to sell and then entertaining others with showing of my magick, that could be fun."
The young mage said and she grinned happily.

He nodded, "It's... painful. Very comparable to a Caul, though I am not certain which is actually more painful... but it's bad. Very bad. So it won't happen to you."

Anna started shivering in your arms at the mention of the Cauls and she looked terrified for a moment.
"I...do not like to talk about the Caul...I...want to pretend it never happened."
She said fearfully.
"Are you sure....they will not do that to me I can't go through something like that again...I can't!"
Tears started welling up in the young mage's eyes and she looked like she was just about to start crying again.

He smiled, "She'll be back up and compassionately helping others in a couple of months; I am not worried."

"That is very good to hear Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "American pancakes are thicker, smaller, sweeter, and are mainly suited as a breakfast food with a dash of butter and syrup. European pancakes are thinner, larger, more savoury, and are commonly served with a wider variety of toppings, rolled up like a crepe."

"European pancakes sounds good as well. I like American ones as well though they are good for breakfast but I also like egg for breakfast, I get less tired if I have something that is not sweet early in the day."
Anna said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "That, too... It's a long and odd story; I'd rather not get into it all, if you don't mind."

"Ah yes off course Sir please forgive me for prying."
The driver said and then she focused on the road.

He nodded, "Excellent."
He fished out his phone and sent a message to Morgan, 'Leaving Morningstar now; would not be surprised to find a welcoming party waiting in Boston. Any chance of a bit of security to prevent interference?'

You got a reply back from Jeffry:
"To CW
From JM
I will try to send a couple of our magi to meet you at the Umbra port but many are dead tired or injured and we still need to guard the prisoners, but if at all possible I will send somoene.
Be Well.
JM."

"Of course," he said, sounding surprised that she thought he meant now. Then again she was a knight, so perhaps she was used to briefings under duress.

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks I will be sure to share what I know about the Union just as soon as I have rested."
Captain Welder promised.

He blinked a bit at her. It had been some while since he talked with someone as devout as that, even Choristers had a slightly different view. He looked over at Dr Lee. "I'm sorry, I tired her out..." he said, stepping back. "I'll leave you both," he said, extricating himself with an apologetic look. "I should go, I have some other tasks. Thank you," he said with a nod of his head.

"Do not worry about it as can rest as soon as I check on her vitals."
Richard said. Captain Welder gave you a tired smile.
"Be well Mr Roth Hicks it was nice to meet you."
She said politely before she closed her eyes and seamed to fall asleep again.

After he closed the door behind him, he headed to where Kyle's parents were staying.

The Danborcks where staying up in the attics in one of the smaller rooms there. You walk past the makeshift infirmary on your way there and everything seamed to have calmed down, you saw Serge sitting next to one of the two survivors from Jace's lab in the university hospital. You also saw the Cultist's Mentor there resting and Adjan who where sleeping. The rescuees from the lab in the Labyrinth seamed to be resting. You saw Fran sitting next to the woman with the exposed spine, the Euthanathos seamed to give the woman a shot of something and then she took her hand and sat next to her waiting.

You got to the room the Danbrocks where in, Dion where guarding them and Martha Cunningham who had the neigboring room. The young Cultist looked sad and drawn as she stood and gave yo a polite nod.
"Are you here to see one of the guests Mr Roth Hicks?"

(OOC: My husband read the section where Serge suggjested he could find Lily and he made a note that Lily would love it if he did, she could earn allot on such a cute young mage. Lily really is the reason widderslaintes can't have nice things or Avatars. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Because you crashed and was hurt Mentor those memories where hurting you?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you.
"I do not want anyone to mess with my head but I am glad Master Steelhaven could help you, it is not fun to have bad memories."
Colin nodded, "The crash was not the worst of it; that was getting hit by the rocket... it came out of nowhere, and the shock and fear of that... stuck, even as I passed out."

"I would like to work with that, making spells for pepole to sell and then entertaining others with showing of my magick, that could be fun."
The young mage said and she grinned happily.
He smiled, "Just make sure you don't do that on Earth. Horizon is much safer for that. Not much in the way of Paradox there..."

Anna started shivering in your arms at the mention of the Cauls and she looked terrified for a moment.
"I...do not like to talk about the Caul...I...want to pretend it never happened."
She said fearfully.
"Are you sure....they will not do that to me I can't go through something like that again...I can't!"
Tears started welling up in the young mage's eyes and she looked like she was just about to start crying again.
He sighed softly and kissed Anna lightly on the forehead, "As certain as I am that the sun is a mass of incandescent gas. They wouldn't dare."

"European pancakes sounds good as well. I like American ones as well though they are good for breakfast but I also like egg for breakfast, I get less tired if I have something that is not sweet early in the day."
Anna said and nodded.
He grinned, "Bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, and a buttered bun, breakfast of champions."

"Ah yes off course Sir please forgive me for prying."
The driver said and then she focused on the road.
He nodded, "Quite alright; it was a fair question."

You got a reply back from Jeffry:
"To CW
From JM
I will try to send a couple of our magi to meet you at the Umbra port but many are dead tired or injured and we still need to guard the prisoners, but if at all possible I will send somoene.
Be Well.
JM."
He frowned, then replied, 'Very well; I will provide some added security myself; also, let A. know I have a letter for him, from the chess brothers.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:56 pm

"Are you sure it is safe here? Are we safe?"
The man asked then his eyes met yours from under the table for a moment.
"No I do not want to talk about that woman."
He declared and shook his head.

"Of course we're safe here! This is your mind. You control everything that goes on in here. This is your kingdom! This place follows your rules!" Serge said enthusiastically. "And as you decree, we won't talk about the evil women. We have better things to talk about anyways."

The man hesitated but then he begun crawling out from under the table, he looked around nervously to make sure there where no one dangerous there then he got out.
"Ok...but I am not leaving the kitchen."
He muttered, he looked so pale and scared as he walked over to a kitchen abinet over the sink where he got cheap but pretty plates, porcelain with a faded rose print on them and begun to set the table.
"You should get the milk in the fridge and glasses."
He said as he begun to set the table, which now had a yellow table cloth on it.

"Sure thing." Serge said as he walked over to the mental representation of the fridge and opened it up wide, searching for the milk inside as well as glancing over the other contents within the fridge.

"By the way I'm Serge. What's your name?" he asked as he searched for the milk.

(OOC: It seems there's a lot of people who'd love to get there hands on Serge. Jace, Toreadors, Changlings, and now Lily. Serge would never believe he was this popular! Sadly I don't think its the sort of popularity he wants Razz.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 pm

As he climbed the stairs to the attic, he remembered he'd left the food back in the kitchen. Well, he'd fetch it later...passing by the infirmary again he noted that things were settling down and that Fran was dealing with her difficult duty.

Dion where guarding them and Martha Cunningham who had the neigboring room. The young Cultist looked sad and drawn as she stood and gave yo a polite nod.
"Are you here to see one of the guests Mr Roth Hicks?"

"Yes, ma'am; I'd like a word with the Danbrocks," he requested. "Pardon, but are you...alright? Or as alright as one can be, considering?"

// he's not the negative attention is still attention type then xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Anja's Post:

'They are not Fallen. The ones who ain't dead are attempting to slip away!' Nicole replied loudly, clearly a little annoyed. 'Just normal friendly Mirrorshade service, this is; welcome to the world on the other side of the fence.' increasing speed, wanting to keep the gap between the two as wide as possible. At least she now knew the tail was truly after them now.

'Lose the tail first, we must. Then check Mr Shade. But both of you try to be as quiet as possible; I've gotta give this all my concentration.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Colin nodded, "The crash was not the worst of it; that was getting hit by the rocket... it came out of nowhere, and the shock and fear of that... stuck, even as I passed out."

"That must have been horrible Mentor."
Anna said softly and she gave you a concerned look.

He smiled, "Just make sure you don't do that on Earth. Horizon is much safer for that. Not much in the way of Paradox there..."

"Yeah I know Mentor, I do not want to get another little tail to deal with."
Your young apprentice said and frowned.

He sighed softly and kissed Anna lightly on the forehead, "As certain as I am that the sun is a mass of incandescent gas. They wouldn't dare."

Anna looked at you wide eyes for a moment then she wiped her eyes and seamed to be setteling down, she clearly trusted that you would be able to protect her.

He grinned, "Bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, and a buttered bun, breakfast of champions."

"That is allot of food for breakfast Mentor."
Anna commented.
"But it do sound delicious."

He nodded, "Quite alright; it was a fair question."

The driver nodded but she did not ask any more questions.

He frowned, then replied, 'Very well; I will provide some added security myself; also, let A. know I have a letter for him, from the chess brothers.'

You got a reply back.
"To: CW
"I will send someone if possible but I can not promise anything at this time. I will let A know. Please take care of yourself and be well.
JM."

"Yes, ma'am; I'd like a word with the Danbrocks," he requested. "Pardon, but are you...alright? Or as alright as one can be, considering?"

"You can call me Dion if you like Sir, after all you do outrank me."
The Chorister said then she sigh.
"I...guess I am not allright right now but I will be, nearly getting killed and loosing several of my spirit allies have been ha hard strike, but with time to process it all I will be fine, thank you for asking about me."
Dion said then she nodded.
"Ah yes off course go right ahead they are in the room on the right if you remember."
She said and gestured towards the Danbrocks' door.

[Nicole] (Boston streets at 5 in the afternoon.)

'They are not Fallen. The ones who ain't dead are attempting to slip away!' Nicole replied loudly, clearly a little annoyed. 'Just normal friendly Mirrorshade service, this is; welcome to the world on the other side of the fence.' increasing speed, wanting to keep the gap between the two as wide as possible. At least she now knew the tail was truly after them now.

The frightened, traumatized former Technocrat jumped at the sound of your voice but then your words seamed to sink in a little.
"I...I guess you are right Miss, the remaining Fallen would be busy fleeing."
He sigh and nodded.
"It can not be easy Miss to be hunted...by the Union all the time."
James said softly.
"It can not be easy at all."

'Lose the tail first, we must. Then check Mr Shade. But both of you try to be as quiet as possible; I've gotta give this all my concentration.'

"My spellcasting is seldom very noise unless you count the sound of a blade cutting though flesh."
Thorn responded and he proceded to doing exactly that, cutting curnes into his own arms.
"This will take a few moment so do your thing."
He commented as he worked.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 5 in the afternoon.)

"Of course we're safe here! This is your mind. You control everything that goes on in here. This is your kingdom! This place follows your rules!" Serge said enthusiastically. "And as you decree, we won't talk about the evil women. We have better things to talk about anyways."

The wounded man looked at you confused.
"This is my mother's kitchen!"
De declared stubbornly, wanting it to be so, wanting to be somewhere safe.
"And no let us not talk more about the evil woman I do not want to think about her, I want to pretend that she don't exist."
He whimpered.

"Sure thing." Serge said as he walked over to the mental representation of the fridge and opened it up wide, searching for the milk inside as well as glancing over the other contents within the fridge.

The fridge was full of all the things someone hiding out in their own mind might want to fill it with, there where milk, cake, jello, pie and vanilla sause in there.

"By the way I'm Serge. What's your name?" he asked as he searched for the milk.

"My name? You are going to luagh...it is Bernard, it was my grandfather's name."
The wounded man said as he set the table.

(OOC: Hey Lily just want to make Serge into a movie star...who cars if it is literal torture porn and ten a snuff movie? Movie star is movie star right? And the Toreador would want Serge to join their ranks they would be a ll inclusive as for the Fay, they would just want to play with him. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next