Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 19 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm

"Well it is nutritious, it should do them good."
Darrian said as he put the bowls on a tray.

Serge placed a couple of cups of coffee on the tray as well thinking nervously of how he was going to have to balance all of the very spillable items up the stairs to the infirmary.

The small, white haired woman jumped at your outbrust and she skirted around the table to have it between her and you.
"I can turn into a human."
She correct.
"I do not know what a Verbena is though."
She said nervously.

"Their nature witches who have a tendency to transform into animals." Serge explained having gotten very used to having to explain mages to other people.

"Sorry about the excitement. I've wanted to see someone shape shift for a while now. But it's not exactly polite to ask them to do that. So can you turn into anything else?" the young cultist asked curiously, toning down his excitement after noticing the women's fearful reaction to his outburst.  

Nicole wrote:A short glance at Serge; not exactly hostile, but a clear sign that this was not a topic she wanted to discuss at this time.

Serge had no way of ignoring the look and said nervously, "A-all right then. No robo-arm."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 19 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:54 pm

[Colin] (Boston Umbral port at 7 in the afternoon.)

Colin grinned wryly, "Well, at the very least, it might make them sufficiently worried about leaving evidence behind to at least give them pause... Still, obfuscation first."

Udella frowned and nodded at that.

He nodded, then paused for a moment, "Mr. Tasselwell, would you mind keeping an eye on the ladies, just in case?"

"Off course Mr Wainwright as soon as I am done locking down the ship I will stay with them until we leave the Umbral port."
Rodger promissed with an extravagant bow as he put his top hat back onto his head and left the ship and started going over some controls on the outside of the ship to make sure it was locked down as it should be.

He nodded and stepped into line behind Miss Tanner-Smith, "That would be good. It concerns... rogue elements among your numbers. You might wish to make a record of it..."

Miss Tanner-Smith nodded.
"I will do so...ah right this way Mr Steed."
She said as she lead you into the main building, and over onto the Union side of the building and then she stopped at a door that held her name on a small, neat sight and opened the door to a small, utelitarian office, there where a desk, two chairs, a metal shelf with several binders, a computer at the desk and a painting of a galaxy handing behind the desk.
"Please sit Mr Steed and tell me what you wnated me to know."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she sat down behind her tesk and put er phone on the table and hit record.

[Serge and Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Their nature witches who have a tendency to transform into animals." Serge explained having gotten very used to having to explain mages to other people.

"I am sure they have allot of fun."
The small woman said as she was still eying you nervously.
"I am not one though, I am a rat who can turn into a human which is practical for reaching things on shelves without having to climb."

"Sorry about the excitement. I've wanted to see someone shape shift for a while now. But it's not exactly polite to ask them to do that. So can you turn into anything else?" the young cultist asked curiously, toning down his excitement after noticing the women's fearful reaction to his outburst.

"Yeah I can transform into other stages between rat and human which can also be very useful."
Strawberry said and she scratched her head.

The large woman was clearly thrown by this, merely giving a puzzled stare.

"Did it hurt to get all those rings in your ears?"
Strawberry asked.
"Do you think I would look cute with earrings? And...where do you get them I have not seen earrings in the waste dumps and dumpsters I look for food in, but the little girl who owned me before I could change she had earrings."

[Adley] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"She is a type of ghost and from what I was told that would make sense. Though I'd have to discuss it with others that know better than I. At any rate, we can discuss her...later." Danielle might still count as an undead technically for all he knew even if she was not a vampire, and that might be tricky once he had sworn to the Code. But there was no reason to bring every damn thing up that could be a potential conflict right now, especially when he was not at all sure about such a thing. Besides, one thing at a time - they had to get through the trials first.

"Yeah she says she can't go back to being a ghost for getting back to one's body is apperantly a big no no and the other ghosts would harm her."
Kyle said still blushing.
"Yeah...of course we can discuss her later I ehm...eah.."
He said and his ears turned red.

"It is likely, when you begin working with spirits, though there are degrees of training in it so it can take some while."

"I guess I have to be patient and that is fine, it is allot to learn right...well please tell the little spirit hi for me then."
Your brother said and smiled.

He waited until Antonio had gotten his orders, wondering what the hell was going on now. It sounded like another vampire, and there were already far too many vampires for his taste involved in this. Perhaps it was the one that was in Narim's bathroom. He gave his sodalis a nod in return and then said to his pater, "As well as could be expected really but I got them to promise not to take any...aggressive actions if you understand. They would like to speak with you of course and I thought perhaps a meal together tomorrow would be good.

"That is a good getting them to promise not to...take any action...and a meal together sounds like a good idea, what about breakfast?"
Jeffry said as he lead you into his office.

I came down to grab the stuff I left down here to bring upstairs, see if there was something else we needed to do before rest."

"Ah...off course I can help you carry things up to the chapel. I think we have time now until more things require our attention."
He said and he put is coffee mug on his desk.
"Are Mr Darehill meeting us at the chapel mea filius?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Anja's Post:

'Eh?' Nicole said, clearly looking somewhat adrift in the conversation. 'I... don't know. You get them at stores... though not many carry helix cuffs... What - owned you?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 pm

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Stores like the ones humans go into? I was born in a store but I have not really been to one since other that the kiosk at the trailor park I used to live at...they have yummies."
Strawberry said.
"Why are they called helix cuffs?"
She asked and scratched her nose.
"Yeah she bought me at a store when I was a cub and for a while she loved me and cared for me and cleaned my cage every week and gave me yummies but then the family where going on vecation and her father flushed me down the toilet and then...when I was about to drown which was really scary I changed."
She said and turned away as if she did not like talking about that.
"Humans are mean!"

(OOC: I might be a bit slow with posting tomorrow as I have an early apointment.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:10 pm

[Boston Umbral Port, 7 PM]
"Off course Mr Wainwright as soon as I am done locking down the ship I will stay with them until we leave the Umbral port."
Rodger promissed with an extravagant bow as he put his top hat back onto his head and left the ship and started going over some controls on the outside of the ship to make sure it was locked down as it should be.
Colin gave him a crisp, quick salute, "Good man."

Miss Tanner-Smith nodded.
"I will do so...ah right this way Mr Steed."
She said as she lead you into the main building, and over onto the Union side of the building and then she stopped at a door that held her name on a small, neat sight and opened the door to a small, utelitarian office, there where a desk, two chairs, a metal shelf with several binders, a computer at the desk and a painting of a galaxy handing behind the desk.
"Please sit Mr Steed and tell me what you wnated me to know."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she sat down behind her tesk and put er phone on the table and hit record.
He nodded, "Today, a couple of hours or so ago, two agents were injured in Chicago; one tall, wiry redheaded man with a gunshot wound to the head, one large black man who had been asphyxiated to the point of unconsciousness. The two are Fallen infiltrators, and abducted a friend of mine, taking particular care to make it appear that it was the Union that was responsible for the kidnapping - which only superficially seemed plausible, as they left behind Awakened witnesses. The modus operandi did not fit. I expect the two have been taken into medical care - they need to be investigated immediately, and my side obviously does not have the means or jurisdiction to perform that sort of internal investigation on Nephandi in the Union."
He frowned, "The second matter is that you currently have three missing HIT-Marks, which have been stolen and reprogrammed by a couple of rogues within the Traditions, with the express purpose of being used to set a trap for me and some associates of mine. I was hoping you might have some one-shot means of disabling them without destroying them that I might borrow; I'm sure you would prefer to be able to recover the stolen units intact rather than with bullets in the braincases. My associates and I will not have much trouble taking them down, but it would make things a little easier and quicker, and mutually beneficial for our two factions, if I could disable them in such a manner that you could recover the information they might possess as to how they could be stolen like that. Plus, I've seen how their... self destruction device works; I should prefer not to have one go off in the middle of Boston, and I think you would agree to that, as well. Of course, I don't expect you to have such a device ready to simply hand out to the first Traditionalist who comes asking politely, but I was hoping you at least have some means of remotely shutting down rogue HIT-Marks like that, that might be available for general use... something akin to a flash-bang grenade, for example."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:16 pm

"I guess I have to be patient and that is fine, it is allot to learn right...well please tell the little spirit hi for me then."
Your brother said and smiled.

"They heard you," he said, and looked at Curly. 'Did you not?'

"That is a good getting them to promise not to...take any action...and a meal together sounds like a good idea, what about breakfast?"
Jeffry said as he lead you into his office.

"I said breakfast or lunch, yeah. Though our times of day are going to be off for a bit." He went inside.

"Ah...off course I can help you carry things up to the chapel. I think we have time now until more things require our attention."
He said and he put is coffee mug on his desk.
"Are Mr Darehill meeting us at the chapel mea filius?"

"He said after dinner to meet up there, yes, so probably soon. I just want to make sure that if there's anything we need to do before then gets done, such as any paperwork, though I think you said that could wait. I'm sorry my brain is in task mode and I am trying not to forget anything. Your new apprentice is settling in and was glad to see his parents, though of course he is still worried. And I wasn't sure how much you wanted them to share with one another, so you'll probably have a lot of questions left to field. He's going to need some provisions too, I really didn't have much to share with him, he could use some clothing and such when we get a chance."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:16 pm

"I am sure they have allot of fun."
The small woman said as she was still eying you nervously.
"I am not one though, I am a rat who can turn into a human which is practical for reaching things on shelves without having to climb."

"So you were originally a rat? Damn, being a human must be freaky." Serge said as he begun to understand. "I think being a rat is cooler though. You could sneak into places that no one could see. Plus you have all those super rat senses. Although opposable thumbs are a plus for the human side." he added with a chuckle, trying to show the women that he was no threat.

"Yeah I can transform into other stages between rat and human which can also be very useful."
Strawberry said and she scratched her head.

"So kinda like half-rat/half-human? Sorta like a werewolf then. Or a were-rat to be more precise." Serge said wondering how the women would look in such a form.

He leafed through his sketchbook to an empty page and began doodling on it, taking quick glances between the white page and the women's face and trying to imagine what the women in that half-rat half-human state.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Anja's Post:

'Dunno why they're called helixes.' giving a little shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Never had a pet, me. Unless the possum who lived under the porch counted. Then an Uncle showed up and shot it.' seeming a little sad at this.

Serge's Post:

'So... you're a rat who can turn into a person?' Nicole said slowly, as though trying to get her mind around this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Nicole wrote:'Dunno why they're called helixes.' giving a little shrug.

"I think it's cause the curved part your ear is called the helix." Serge said wiggling the upper curved part of his ear. "I remember learning that when I was copying diagrams from a biology textbook. I guess their called helix cuff's since those earring's 'cuff' around that part of the ear."

Nicole wrote:'So... you're a rat who can turn into a person?' Nicole said slowly, as though trying to get her mind around this.

"Is that really the strangest thing you've seen today? Didn't you punch a vampire this morning?" Serge said with smirk, somewhat enjoying Nicole's confusion.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:08 am

[Nicole and Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"So you were originally a rat? Damn, being a human must be freaky." Serge said as he begun to understand. "I think being a rat is cooler though. You could sneak into places that no one could see. Plus you have all those super rat senses. Although opposable thumbs are a plus for the human side." he added with a chuckle, trying to show the women that he was no threat.

The white haired woman nodded at that.
"I was born to a rat mother yes, and until my First Change I was a rat. It is strange to turn into a human, it is to few of everything, only two legs, two tits and no tail and no wiskers, very confusing, and yeah being a rat is great and my paws is actually rather nimble, but being bigger have some advantages and while cops are rude to me and sometimes hit me at least they do not try to squah me as a human."
She told you and she seamed to calm down little when you made no agressive move towards her.

'Dunno why they're called helixes.' giving a little shrug.

"There is allot of things I don't know as well."
Strawberry said and smiled.

"I think it's cause the curved part your ear is called the helix." Serge said wiggling the upper curved part of his ear. "I remember learning that when I was copying diagrams from a biology textbook. I guess their called helix cuff's since those earring's 'cuff' around that part of the ear."

"Helix is a funny word."
The little wer rat commented.
"That do make sense though."
She agreed and nodded.

"So kinda like half-rat/half-human? Sorta like a werewolf then. Or a were-rat to be more precise." Serge said wondering how the women would look in such a form.

He leafed through his sketchbook to an empty page and began doodling on it, taking quick glances between the white page and the women's face and trying to imagine what the women in that half-rat half-human state.

"One third human, one third spirit and one third rat is what the man who taught me how to be what I am told me and it is exactly like a werewolf, I guess whatever spirit created us liked allot of animals."
She said and nodded.
"But werewolves often do not like us, werewolves do not really like anyone or so I am told."

'Never had a pet, me. Unless the possum who lived under the porch counted. Then an Uncle showed up and shot it.' seeming a little sad at this.

"The man who taught me how to be what I am say living under porches are pretty good. Your uncle sounds bit like an asshole though."
Strawberry said streight forwardly.
"No offense though."
She added hastily.
"Having a pet is nice I think if you are kind to them and do not harm them."

'So... you're a rat who can turn into a person?' Nicole said slowly, as though trying to get her mind around this.

"That is right, I do not know how a dumbo managed to be kinfolk, probably a wild rat got into a pet's cage at some point, and some generations down the like there is me, the others like me make fun of me for having been born in a pet store though, but it was good for the most part other that the snotty kids who would rattle the cages, how rude."
The small white haired woman declared.

"They heard you," he said, and looked at Curly. 'Did you not?'

"I heard him."
Curly said happily and she waved at Kyle who could not see her.
"Human language is strange but I heard him Mater's Student."

"I said breakfast or lunch, yeah. Though our times of day are going to be off for a bit." He went inside.

"We will work out the exact time tomorrow then. I think we need to send someone to do some grocery shopping first though we are running low on mundane supplies."
Your Mentor said and nodded.

"He said after dinner to meet up there, yes, so probably soon. I just want to make sure that if there's anything we need to do before then gets done, such as any paperwork, though I think you said that could wait.

"Correct the paperwork can wait until we are more rested."
Jeffry confirmed.
"We should not keep Mr Darehill waiting then I have tol some others who darely need sleep to meet us up there."
He said and fetched a blanket from one of the chairs.

I'm sorry my brain is in task mode and I am trying not to forget anything. Your new apprentice is settling in and was glad to see his parents, though of course he is still worried. And I wasn't sure how much you wanted them to share with one another, so you'll probably have a lot of questions left to field. He's going to need some provisions too, I really didn't have much to share with him, he could use some clothing and such when we get a chance."

"I suspect you will remember what needs to be done better after some rest mea filius, and I think we are to the point where we can take twnty minutes now."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"I am glad Kyle enjoyed his time with his parents and I will answer their questions when there is time. As for your brother, I suspect the poor boy will be worried until the trial is done, all we can do is try to help him keep his fear under control."
The old Hermetic said.
"And yes it seams we need to get some shopping done, usually I would send some of the younger magi to do this but right now I do not want to send them out alone, but we can figure out who to send once we have slept some."

Colin gave him a crisp, quick salute, "Good man."

Rodger just gave you a grin at that before he started tending to the ship.

He nodded, "Today, a couple of hours or so ago, two agents were injured in Chicago; one tall, wiry redheaded man with a gunshot wound to the head, one large black man who had been asphyxiated to the point of unconsciousness. The two are Fallen infiltrators, and abducted a friend of mine, taking particular care to make it appear that it was the Union that was responsible for the kidnapping - which only superficially seemed plausible, as they left behind Awakened witnesses. The modus operandi did not fit. I expect the two have been taken into medical care - they need to be investigated immediately, and my side obviously does not have the means or jurisdiction to perform that sort of internal investigation on Nephandi in the Union."

Miss Tanner-Smith's expression did not change as she regarded you.
"Well it do happen that the other Conventions want a particular Deviant and in capturing them and getting away it is neccesary to leave their friends behind, but yes it do seam somewhat odd. Do you have any proof that these agents are Fallen though?"
She asked.
"I can certinly send a transcript of this conversation to Chicago though and we will see what comes of it though I have to warn you that the word of a Traditionalist will not mean much against the word of their own agents."
She said and she folded her hands on her desk.

He frowned, "The second matter is that you currently have three missing HIT-Marks, which have been stolen and reprogrammed by a couple of rogues within the Traditions, with the express purpose of being used to set a trap for me and some associates of mine. I was hoping you might have some one-shot means of disabling them without destroying them that I might borrow; I'm sure you would prefer to be able to recover the stolen units intact rather than with bullets in the braincases. My associates and I will not have much trouble taking them down, but it would make things a little easier and quicker, and mutually beneficial for our two factions, if I could disable them in such a manner that you could recover the information they might possess as to how they could be stolen like that. Plus, I've seen how their... self destruction device works; I should prefer not to have one go off in the middle of Boston, and I think you would agree to that, as well. Of course, I don't expect you to have such a device ready to simply hand out to the first Traditionalist who comes asking politely, but I was hoping you at least have some means of remotely shutting down rogue HIT-Marks like that, that might be available for general use... something akin to a flash-bang grenade, for example."

"I am afraid that HIT-Marks are not my speciality Mr Steed, if you had asked me about a void ship then I could have perhaps done something but our HIT-Marks are not something I know much about, but I suspect any means of shutting them down remotely have already been disabeled or Command would have done so when the units in question went missing. I can give our chief mechanist, a member of the Iternation X a call though and ask if he will meet with you he will know more about this matter than me."
Miss Tanner-Smith offered her expression never changing.
"No such a self destruct mechanism we would not want set of in a populated area indeed."
She said before she gave you a stern look.
"It seams to me though Mr Steed that you are very good at attracting throuble for yourself."
The Technocrat commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:29 am

Miss Tanner-Smith's expression did not change as she regarded you.
"Well it do happen that the other Conventions want a particular Deviant and in capturing them and getting away it is neccesary to leave their friends behind, but yes it do seam somewhat odd. Do you have any proof that these agents are Fallen though?"
She asked.
"I can certinly send a transcript of this conversation to Chicago though and we will see what comes of it though I have to warn you that the word of a Traditionalist will not mean much against the word of their own agents."
She said and she folded her hands on her desk.
Colin shrugged, "Alas, no such proof outside of my own eyewitness testimony - and we both know how much that's worth to the Union - but I would presume your methods of checking a person's Resonances is no more complicated or intrusive than ours? The Fallen have a very distinct... discolouration to their aura, if you'd accept such a term for it."

"I am afraid that HIT-Marks are not my speciality Mr Steed, if you had asked me about a void ship then I could have perhaps done something but our HIT-Marks are not something I know much about, but I suspect any means of shutting them down remotely have already been disabeled or Command would have done so when the units in question went missing. I can give our chief mechanist, a member of the Iternation X a call though and ask if he will meet with you he will know more about this matter than me."
Miss Tanner-Smith offered her expression never changing.
"No such a self destruct mechanism we would not want set of in a populated area indeed."
She said before she gave you a stern look.
"It seams to me though Mr Steed that you are very good at attracting throuble for yourself."
The Technocrat commented.
He nodded, "I did not expect you'd have any such device at hand... I believe I shall pass on seeing said Iteration X-member; with a Void Engineer, at least there's a reasonable chance you won't... remember my face on the streets of Boston. With the other Conventions of the Union, that's not so likely. There's a limit to how far I dare extend trust, I'm sure you understand."
He grinned wryly, "As for my attracting trouble - I seem tasked with janitorial duties, of sorts, bestowed upon me by my future self. I've partaken in the elimination of two Nephandi Labyrinths today, and I am beginning to peel back the layers of deceits to expose their plants throughout the Traditions, and possibly in the Union as well. That sort of thing will invariably upset some less morally upstanding individuals, I'm afraid."
He stood up from the chair and bowed politely, "I believe what business we have here is concluded, then... oh, while I remember, is there a mail drop on the premises, where someone might leave a letter for me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:56 am

Colin shrugged, "Alas, no such proof outside of my own eyewitness testimony - and we both know how much that's worth to the Union - but I would presume your methods of checking a person's Resonances is no more complicated or intrusive than ours? The Fallen have a very distinct... discolouration to their aura, if you'd accept such a term for it."

"Most members of the Technocrazy do not accept such things as a soul to be real Mr Steed, that includes that we think what you call an Avatar to be just a part of the brain, as such we often find it harder to detect if someone is Fallen, we have means of checking for Deviancy in our members but it is an invasive process that is not likely to be done unless there is some evidence of wrongdoing."
The Umbral Port Security Chief said.
"But I will pass on yoru information and we will see what comes of it but I can promise nothing."

He nodded, "I did not expect you'd have any such device at hand... I believe I shall pass on seeing said Iteration X-member; with a Void Engineer, at least there's a reasonable chance you won't... remember my face on the streets of Boston. With the other Conventions of the Union, that's not so likely. There's a limit to how far I dare extend trust, I'm sure you understand."

"This is true my Convention do not enforce the Pogrom, unless you attack me on the streets of Boston I see no need to harm you either. The Void Engineers would have been happier if this war came to an close so we could explore the Void in peace, all we wish to do is to explore and expand our knowledge of existence."
Miss Tanner-Smith said then she sigh though her face still did not change from her neuteral expression.
"But yes I understand your reluctence Mr Steed."

He grinned wryly, "As for my attracting trouble - I seem tasked with janitorial duties, of sorts, bestowed upon me by my future self. I've partaken in the elimination of two Nephandi Labyrinths today, and I am beginning to peel back the layers of deceits to expose their plants throughout the Traditions, and possibly in the Union as well. That sort of thing will invariably upset some less morally upstanding individuals, I'm afraid."

"I can see how that can attract some enemies indeed though it sounds like you are doing good work though Mr Steed."
The Void Engineer said and she raised an eyebrow.

He stood up from the chair and bowed politely, "I believe what business we have here is concluded, then... oh, while I remember, is there a mail drop on the premises, where someone might leave a letter for me?"

Miss Tanner-Smith stood and nodded.
"It would appear so, thank you for the information Mr Steed."
She said politely and turned of the recording app on her phone.
"Yes there is, in the main hangar, House Mercere maintains a small mail drop for Traditionalists and also you can ask Alice at the front desk something might also have been sent there."
She informed you.
"Is there anything else I can do for you then Mr Steed?"

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:22 pm

"Most members of the Technocrazy do not accept such things as a soul to be real Mr Steed, that includes that we think what you call an Avatar to be just a part of the brain, as such we often find it harder to detect if someone is Fallen, we have means of checking for Deviancy in our members but it is an invasive process that is not likely to be done unless there is some evidence of wrongdoing."
The Umbral Port Security Chief said.
"But I will pass on yoru information and we will see what comes of it but I can promise nothing."
Colin nodded, "I am not asking you to see the Resonance aura as something of the soul - it might be better to describe it as a fingerprint of the Genius. The two Fallen agents I mentioned have willingly corrupted theirs - whether you believe there's more to the pineal gland than a cluster of neurons is not relevant to that."

"This is true my Convention do not enforce the Pogrom, unless you attack me on the streets of Boston I see no need to harm you either. The Void Engineers would have been happier if this war came to an close so we could explore the Void in peace, all we wish to do is to explore and expand our knowledge of existence."
Miss Tanner-Smith said then she sigh though her face still did not change from her neuteral expression.
"But yes I understand your reluctence Mr Steed."
He smiled wryly, "Not all of us are blessed with an easily forgettable face, after all. I harbour a small hope your Convention might yet come around someday..."

"I can see how that can attract some enemies indeed though it sounds like you are doing good work though Mr Steed."
The Void Engineer said and she raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "I try. And you know what they say - if you want to make enemies, try to change something..."

Miss Tanner-Smith stood and nodded.
"It would appear so, thank you for the information Mr Steed."
She said politely and turned of the recording app on her phone.
"Yes there is, in the main hangar, House Mercere maintains a small mail drop for Traditionalists and also you can ask Alice at the front desk something might also have been sent there."
She informed you.
"Is there anything else I can do for you then Mr Steed?"
He nodded, "Thank you. That would be... hum... actually, there's one small thing. The bloody Computer, the one that eats Geniuses, and the bloody serum that facilitates that - how much do you know about it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Colin nodded, "I am not asking you to see the Resonance aura as something of the soul - it might be better to describe it as a fingerprint of the Genius. The two Fallen agents I mentioned have willingly corrupted theirs - whether you believe there's more to the pineal gland than a cluster of neurons is not relevant to that."

"How we see the Genious can be complicated and time consuming to explain Mr Steed but in either case detecting such corruption require time consuming counceling sessions or invasive brain scans, this will not be done unless there is a good reason to have supicions of serious Deviancy."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "Not all of us are blessed with an easily forgettable face, after all. I harbour a small hope your Convention might yet come around someday..."

"No you are quite memorable Mr Steed."
The Technocrat said, there was no judgement in her voice she was just agreeing to the fact."
"I am afraid such speculations are above my paygrade Mr Steed."
She said and she raised an eyebrow at you.

He nodded, "I try. And you know what they say - if you want to make enemies, try to change something..."

"Well enemies are most inpractical so one might as well try to get something out of it."
Miss Tanner-Smith agreed.

He nodded, "Thank you. That would be... hum... actually, there's one small thing. The bloody Computer, the one that eats Geniuses, and the bloody serum that facilitates that - how much do you know about it?"

The Void Engineer hesitated then she sigh and shook her head.
"I am afraid that is not something I can discuss with a Traditionalist Mr Steed, but I will advice you not to get incolved in this matter as it pose a considerable danger."
She warned in a whisper.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Serge's Post:

'That's different. Everyone knows they exist. Unfortunately.'

Anja's Post:

'They said it was a pest. But it wasn't hurting anyone. Thought it looked kinda cool.'

Anja's Post:

'Kinfolk?' the large woman's confusion continuing.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:12 pm

The white haired woman nodded at that.
"I was born to a rat mother yes, and until my First Change I was a rat. It is strange to turn into a human, it is to few of everything, only two legs, two tits and no tail and no wiskers, very confusing, and yeah being a rat is great and my paws is actually rather nimble, but being bigger have some advantages and while cops are rude to me and sometimes hit me at least they do not try to squah me as a human."
She told you and she seamed to calm down little when you made no agressive move towards her.

"Cops are just assholes to everyone. And I think they'd still squash people if they could." Serge mused as his pencil moved across the page.

After a few moments Serge held up the sketchbook to show Nicole and Strawberry his drawing. It was a very rough sketch but clearly showed three separate pictures. On the left side was the women in human form, on the right her rat form that he had seen recently, and one last picture in the middle was his attempt at drawing her in her half-rat half-human form.

The half-way form he had drawn just looked like a furrier version of her human face, with elongated features, whiskers coming out of the sides of her nose, sharper teeth, and bestial rat-like eyes.

"How's that? I'll admit I'm just guessing the middle picture." Serge asked the young rat women.

"One third human, one third spirit and one third rat is what the man who taught me how to be what I am told me and it is exactly like a werewolf, I guess whatever spirit created us liked allot of animals."
She said and nodded.
"But werewolves often do not like us, werewolves do not really like anyone or so I am told."

"Werewolves are part-spirits? And so are the other were-beasts? Huh, don't think I expected that." Serge said with a confused look. He didn't know that particular fact about werewolves having gotten all of his information on lycanthropy from monster movies.

Nicole wrote:'That's different. Everyone knows they exist. Unfortunately.'

"If vampires can exist why can't werewolves? Or were-rats? Or were-kangaroos?" Serge said with a humorous chuckle.

"That is right, I do not know how a dumbo managed to be kinfolk, probably a wild rat got into a pet's cage at some point, and some generations down the like there is me, the others like me make fun of me for having been born in a pet store though, but it was good for the most part other that the snotty kids who would rattle the cages, how rude."
The small white haired woman declared.
Nicole wrote:'Kinfolk?' the large woman's confusion continuing.

"OK I'll admit you got me there. Who're Kinfolk?" Serge asked with similar confusion.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:15 pm

"How we see the Genious can be complicated and time consuming to explain Mr Steed but in either case detecting such corruption require time consuming counceling sessions or invasive brain scans, this will not be done unless there is a good reason to have supicions of serious Deviancy."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Hm, while we Traditionalists can detect such Deviancy with a simple surface scan..."
He frowned, "I don't suppose you would be able to accept it if I managed to provide you a burner phone with a suitable app for it, courtesy of one of our Virtual Adepts? I might know a few capable of such a bit of programming... it would be legally... questionable, but it would benefit us both. At the very least, I can confer with my own people about that..."

"No you are quite memorable Mr Steed."
The Technocrat said, there was no judgement in her voice she was just agreeing to the fact."
"I am afraid such speculations are above my paygrade Mr Steed."
She said and she raised an eyebrow at you.
He nodded, "You and me both - but grassroots movements are never really started by the high and mighty."

The Void Engineer hesitated then she sigh and shook her head.
"I am afraid that is not something I can discuss with a Traditionalist Mr Steed, but I will advice you not to get incolved in this matter as it pose a considerable danger."
She warned in a whisper.
He nodded, "I know it's dangerous... in fact, if my suspicions are even only partly correct, it's more dangerous than anyone working with it can imagine. I know what the serum is made from, and I've even been able to help find a cure for the side effects of the damnable stuff; more than three days, and anyone on it will start suffering Primium buildups around the pineal gland, leading in the long term to, well... all the expected complications from foreign masses clotting in the brain. I can't deny its efficiency for short-term restraints, but it's quite terrible if it's used for too long..."
He sighed, "But, that's above your paygrade, as you said. Just be wary of how you use the stuff, if you ever have to..."
He turned to leave, "The Traditions stopped one Moloch rising over five centuries ago... but we were warned of more potential ones in the future. I fear the Computer is one... But I won't want to get you into trouble with your superiors. Be careful, ma'am; we've prevented one armageddon today, but the forces of evil are persistent."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Serge's Post:

'Well yeah. They're like... an in-vasive species from a different dimension or something which then got it on with the locals.' Nicole replied in a nonchalant manner.

Anja's Post:

'God... you're not one of those "everything must exist until proven not to" lot, are you?' rolling her eyes.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:38 pm

"I heard him." Curly said happily and she waved at Kyle who could not see her. "Human language is strange but I heard him Mater's Student."

"They heard you and are giving you a wave."

"We will work out the exact time tomorrow then. I think we need to send someone to do some grocery shopping first though we are running low on mundane supplies."
Your Mentor said and nodded.

"I know my fridge is empty, not that I cook too much. I asked them to make a list of things they would like. She offered to cook."

"Correct the paperwork can wait until we are more rested."
Jeffry confirmed.
"We should not keep Mr Darehill waiting then I have tol some others who darely need sleep to meet us up there."
He said and fetched a blanket from one of the chairs.

"Alright, let's get the stuff in the kitchen," he agreed with a nod, turning towards the door then stopped suddenly. "Oh right, I better add the...final component to the potion in here. That's one thing I was forgetting..." He got the tiny needle in packet from his bag, the swab of alcohol and the thermos out and placed them on an empty spot on the desk. Then he went to add the bit of blood to activate the Verbena's brew so he could drink it. It would probably taste worse after being in his bag that long but he was told that it would work at least. Worth it. Then he took the needle with it's bit of blood got out his lighter, running it over it, giving it the incantation and gestures his mentor taught him for pulling off arcane connections, so at least those wouldn't be hanging around. It didn't seem to go off as planned the first time and he frowned in annoyance.

"And yes it seams we need to get some shopping done, usually I would send some of the younger magi to do this but right now I do not want to send them out alone, but we can figure out who to send once we have slept some."

"Agreed, there's still too much unsettled..." he said,

// it's too bad Nicole didn't see the Spiral werebears
ooc2: 4, 2, 3 on the prime connections spell

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:11 pm

[Serge and Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

'They said it was a pest. But it wasn't hurting anyone. Thought it looked kinda cool.'

"We are called pests to."
The little white haired woman said.
"Pests can be nice."

'Kinfolk?' the large woman's confusion continuing.

"The one who taught me how to be human said that it is very rare to actually get a shapechanger, so if I have a litter of cubs or a human baby, chances are they will be kindfolk, those related to those like us, and then some generations down line boom a new werrat."

"Cops are just assholes to everyone. And I think they'd still squash people if they could." Serge mused as his pencil moved across the page.

"They would if they could, and yes they are assholes to everyone not rich."
Strawberry said and pouted.

After a few moments Serge held up the sketchbook to show Nicole and Strawberry his drawing. It was a very rough sketch but clearly showed three separate pictures. On the left side was the women in human form, on the right her rat form that he had seen recently, and one last picture in the middle was his attempt at drawing her in her half-rat half-human form.

The half-way form he had drawn just looked like a furrier version of her human face, with elongated features, whiskers coming out of the sides of her nose, sharper teeth, and bestial rat-like eyes.

"How's that? I'll admit I'm just guessing the middle picture." Serge asked the young rat women.

"It is pretty close."
Strawberry said as she looked at the drawing.
"But it is a fighting form so it is not so elongated, long limbs get bitten easily."
She declared and scratched her head.

"Werewolves are part-spirits? And so are the other were-beasts? Huh, don't think I expected that." Serge said with a confused look. He didn't know that particular fact about werewolves having gotten all of his information on lycanthropy from monster movies.

"Yes we are part spirit, we are all part spirit, though it matters little to me, I care about getting enough food and somewhere warm and safe to sleep when I am tired, I have little time for spiritual stuff and I have learned little of it since the other Ratkin think I am to close to humans."
Strawberry said and frowned.

"If vampires can exist why can't werewolves? Or were-rats? Or were-kangaroos?" Serge said with a humorous chuckle.

"There are vampires most of them are assholes, and there are werewolves and all of them are assholes and if there exist wer kangoroos they are probably assholes as well."
The white haired woman declared.

"OK I'll admit you got me there. Who're Kinfolk?" Serge asked with similar confusion.

"They are our relatives."

'Well yeah. They're like... an in-vasive species from a different dimension or something which then got it on with the locals.' Nicole replied in a nonchalant manner.

Strawberry nodded at that.
"Yeah that might be it."
She said and grinned.

Colin nodded, "Hm, while we Traditionalists can detect such Deviancy with a simple surface scan..."
He frowned, "I don't suppose you would be able to accept it if I managed to provide you a burner phone with a suitable app for it, courtesy of one of our Virtual Adepts? I might know a few capable of such a bit of programming... it would be legally... questionable, but it would benefit us both. At the very least, I can confer with my own people about that..."

"If our on techs are able to then analyze the data and verify it then yes I can accept that, but if te tech is not compatible with ours in any way and it just ends up being a Traditionalist's word that the scans are correct then we are just as far, for all we know there are completely different reasons why you would want these two men gone and are trying to use us to get rid of them."
Miss Tanner-Smith said sharply.

He nodded, "You and me both - but grassroots movements are never really started by the high and mighty."

"Perhaps not Mr Steed but I will not be going against my superiors and try to get my Convention to leave the Union."
She said simply.

He nodded, "I know it's dangerous... in fact, if my suspicions are even only partly correct, it's more dangerous than anyone working with it can imagine. I know what the serum is made from, and I've even been able to help find a cure for the side effects of the damnable stuff; more than three days, and anyone on it will start suffering Primium buildups around the pineal gland, leading in the long term to, well... all the expected complications from foreign masses clotting in the brain. I can't deny its efficiency for short-term restraints, but it's quite terrible if it's used for too long..."

"I did not know the serum had long term side effects Mr Steed."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she raised an eyebrow.
"The rest though unfortunatly I can not discuss with a Traditionalist."

He sighed, "But, that's above your paygrade, as you said. Just be wary of how you use the stuff, if you ever have to..."

"When it have been used it have been for short term restraints here at the docks but I will take it to my superiors that the serum might be dangerous long term."
Was all the Void Engineer said.

He turned to leave, "The Traditions stopped one Moloch rising over five centuries ago... but we were warned of more potential ones in the future. I fear the Computer is one... But I won't want to get you into trouble with your superiors. Be careful, ma'am; we've prevented one armageddon today, but the forces of evil are persistent."

Miss Tanner-Smith raised an eyebrow.
"I do not know what a Moloch is Mr Steed, but thank you for your warning. I really can not discuss the matter with you though."
She repeated politely but firmly.

"They heard you and are giving you a wave."

Kyle grinned and he waved back as best he could not seeing what he was waving at.

"I know my fridge is empty, not that I cook too much. I asked them to make a list of things they would like. She offered to cook."

"Well that might result in a more enjoyable meal."
Your Mentor joked.
"Good I will make sure that is added to the general shopping list."

"Alright, let's get the stuff in the kitchen," he agreed with a nod, turning towards the door then stopped suddenly. "Oh right, I better add the...final component to the potion in here. That's one thing I was forgetting..." He got the tiny needle in packet from his bag, the swab of alcohol and the thermos out and placed them on an empty spot on the desk. Then he went to add the bit of blood to activate the Verbena's brew so he could drink it. It would probably taste worse after being in his bag that long but he was told that it would work at least. Worth it. Then he took the needle with it's bit of blood got out his lighter, running it over it, giving it the incantation and gestures his mentor taught him for pulling off arcane connections, so at least those wouldn't be hanging around. It didn't seem to go off as planned the first time and he frowned in annoyance.

Jeffry simply nodded and waited as you prepared the potion. You tried to cast the spell to rid the tiny needle of your arcane connections but reality did not obey your words, Quintessence did not flow the forces apealed to politely ignored you.
"Would you like me to take care of that?"
Jeffry offered.
"Working magick when this ired is not always easy, focus may slip and consentration waver anso your middle finger is not rounded enough."
He said and pointed, he was always ready for lecture mode it seamed.

"Agreed, there's still too much unsettled..." he said,

Jeffry nodded his agreement to that when his phone made a ping, looking down at it he swore profoundly in Greek.
"Prepare your weapon and come with me."
He said before sprinting out the door, there was no time to explinations but he expected you to follow his orders regardless.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:19 pm

"Well that might result in a more enjoyable meal." Your Mentor joked. "Good I will make sure that is added to the general shopping list."

"Still haven't forgiven me for my attempt at making you a cake for your birthmonth, have you?"

"Would you like me to take care of that?"
Jeffry offered.
"Working magick when this ired is not always easy, focus may slip and consentration waver anso your middle finger is not rounded enough."

"That's amusing, I told Kyle his wasn't up enough..." He looked as if he were about to argue that no, he could do it himself but honestly he was tired and his pater could probably evaporate the whole thing on the spot. "Only if it's not a bother, sir." He offered it out, carefully. Then he chugged the potion.

"Prepare your weapon and come with me." He said before sprinting out the door

There wasn't even time for him to swear or wonder 'what now'; he checked his gun quickly as he followed, shutting the door behind them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Anja's Post:

'So... it's like hereditary or something?'

Serge's Post:

Nicole looked at the picture and gave a little shudder. Remembered that she was still holding her food, and was damn hungry...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Nicole wrote:'God... you're not one of those "everything must exist until proven not to" lot, are you?' rolling her eyes.

"That is exactly what I am!" Serge said with unnecessary enthusiasm ignoring the rolled eyes. "My policy is, If you can think of it, it exists. I assume your the more boring alternative. You don't believe it till you see it."

"It is pretty close."
Strawberry said as she looked at the drawing.
"But it is a fighting form so it is not so elongated, long limbs get bitten easily."
She declared and scratched her head.

"So they'd be more flattened?" Serge said as he made a few more alterations, flattening out the nose and making the face a little more rat-like in general.

"By the way you mentioned that you wanted to see how you'd look with earrings right? What sort of earrings do you want? I can draw them on so you can see what you'd look like." the cultist offered pointing at her human self-portrait.

"There are vampires most of them are assholes, and there are werewolves and all of them are assholes and if there exist wer kangoroos they are probably assholes as well."
The white haired woman declared.

"So werewolves don't like you guys and your not a fan of them. Are you a a fan of any of the were-people? What about the were-sharks? I've heard their was one who made children's stories." Serge asked curiously enjoying learning about the other mystical he rarely got to see.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Serge's Post:

'Can imagine many things I don't want to see.' the large woman replied. 'There's enough shit things out there already without adding to 'em.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Nicole wrote:'Can imagine many things I don't want to see.' the large woman replied. 'There's enough shit things out there already without adding to 'em.'

"But I bet there's a lot of things that you would like to see out there. Isn't there anything?" Serge argued. "The world is full things that don't have to be shit. There's always some good with the bad and vice versa."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next