Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 8 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 8 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Adley Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:42 am

He frowned, "Well, bugger... I suppose it was about time something dangerous slipped my mind. Hopefully, it will not be asked to repeat what I said... Too late now, in any case - can't go back and unsay those words."

"The spirit's assistance was meant to help prove her innocence."

He arched an eyebrow and gave Adley a wry smile, "It is hard to make yourself bleed just enough... I don't know how to do that, but Adley does. The pine cone you gave us is far more than it seems. Far more than a mundane pine cone."

"Indeed. I will not be able to do that again for some while."

// Adley has it, since he was concerned that if Colin were taken into custody, it would be confiscated.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 8 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

[Adley and Coin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"Calm, adelfi. Breathe. The story is our story, the oldest one we can know, the oldest parts that are with us remember it and told it to me so we could remember it."

Beatrice tried to breathe but she had poblems calming down enough not to hyperventilate.
"I would like to hear that story my brother."
She said softly.

He shot Colin a concerned look. She was so upset and he didn't want her to hurt herself. "You told me that you had a torch now...that is for hope and enlightenment, and it's also part of our story. An integral part. The fire that is regenerative. Is there something I can do to help?"

"Yes my Forest God is holding a torch now, one perfect, bright torch."
Beatrice whispered and she held your hand tighter.
"Just hold my hand my brother and...yes there is one thing you could do...do you remember the ritual you taught me when Master Morgan wanted me to have some magick to do that would not bring me Paradox? It was calming, can you explain it to me again...for something to focus on?"
She requested and whimpered in pain.

Colin nodded, "She fought like a tigress then, and she hasn't let up since. She may, in fact, be the sole reason Tradition Law has not descended into mob rule after that case. I know she will save Anna."

"She sounds like a good person this Quesitor...and Anna is that the name of your apprentice?"
Bee asked softly.
"I hope she will be saved no child deserve..."
The young Verbena stopped talking and just looked down and she sobbed softly.

He frowned, "Well, bugger... I suppose it was about time something dangerous slipped my mind. Hopefully, it will not be asked to repeat what I said... Too late now, in any case - can't go back and unsay those words."

"Yes let us hope the spirit is not asked to repeat any of what it heard right now Mr Wainwright for it is impossible for it to speak anything but the truth."
Amadeus said and frowned.

He nodded, "It was terrible, even muted by centuries of distance, and another life... but, there was triumph in it, too - but I won't go into detail. Suffice to say, the last two attempts by anyone and anything to touch my Avatar unbidden have resulted in the equivalent of sticking one's hand into a meat grinder. Not something I would recommend to anyone."

Beatrice nodded and she shuddered more tears welling up in her eyes.
"Pain...that is all there was, but not regular pain, beyond pain...and despair knowing what they did and they touched my Avatar...touched it I did not want them to touch it I feel...like I want to wash and yet it will not help."
She muttered and sobbed. Cita sigh and nodded.
"Let us not discuss this topic."
The Virtual Adept told you softly.

He held her snug, "Shush, Beatrice. Has Cita ever hurt you, or shown any sign of malice? She is a healer, before anything else, and she is the best the Traditions have to offer. If you can trust anyone with your Avatar, you can trust her."

"No...no she have never hurt me, she have only helped me...but I am scared...and..."
Beatrice shivered.
"I am so scared."

He arched an eyebrow and gave Adley a wry smile, "It is hard to make yourself bleed just enough... I don't know how to do that, but Adley does. The pine cone you gave us is far more than it seems. Far more than a mundane pine cone."

"Indeed. I will not be able to do that again for some while."

"The blood itself is not the hardest, I pricked my thumb with a needle, I was not old enough to use a knife on my own skin yet, but adding the energy to it, getting that just right...that is the hard part, it is a delicate balance."
Beatrice said and talking about her magick seamed to calm her a little and she looked at Adley for a moment.
"You know how to draw on your Heart Blood?"
She asked sounding suprised.
"You must be careful it is easy to draw to much and it is I will nto say impossible but not even my Mentor can heal the damage it do."

He nodded, "It's a complicated mess... but yes. Miss Florentine has been hurting for too long, but that will come to an end soon. She'll be whole again, I'm sure of it. And the ones responsible for hurting her will be brought to justice."

"How can she be whole again it is not possible to heal...that..."
Beatrice said her eyes wide.
"No it is not but my Avatar's companion are ready for a host and I think she have chosen Miss Florentine...letting the Copanion go to Miss Florentine will save us both from hell."
Amadeus said and Beatrice looked from her Mentor to Colin wide eyed.
"It is likely she will be needing to learn magick again from the start and she will then need a Mentor dear child so you might be getting another sister."
Amadeus said and Beatrice smiled slightly but said nothing."

He nodded, "Live and see for yourself, Bee... Live and see for yourself."

Bee looked at you for some time then she slightly smiled again and nodded.

He smiled, then nodded to Cita, "Mia is singing a lullaby; she will give you the shards."

"I am getting that on my screen."
Cita said and it was unclear if she meant the shards or the song.
"I will start the procedure, Mr Wainwright you will not feel any pain just a pressence, keep Miss Alexander safe and make sure she don't hurt her head."
The spirit healer instructed and indeed you felt her pressence, her clear, static, healing Resonance like a touch of ice against a sore spot. Cita's fingers danced over her keyboard and the Virtual Adept had a consentrated look on her face and then Beatrice started screaming, a desperate, pained screaming and she convulsed in your arms as she threw her head back and howled in agony as the spirit healer worked.
"It will not be long...keep her steady..."
Cita muttered as she worked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:38 am

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

Two of us won't do much. I also promised to come and join for the passing of your people, but i suspect you'll do that as soon as the moon rises, right? So i'll go home, get cleaned up and then i'll get back when it's all ready, unles you want me before that.

"Very well Tane, but please be careful on your way home. We will return to our camp, I will ask a spirit to wait for you and take you there when you return, we will wash our fallen friend's bodies in the river, they will not go to the ancestors covered in filth, and build funeral fires and then we will send them to rest before we eat and drink and celebrate their lives and the sacrifice they made, they died with honor, they should be celebrated."
Dino said raw emotion in his voice.
"You are welcome when you come back friend."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Beatrice tried to breathe but she had poblems calming down enough not to hyperventilate. "I would like to hear that story my brother." She said softly.

He nodded. "I'm going to tell it to you, when we get a little privacy. I bet you know some of it, but don't know that you do."

Beatrice said and talking about her magick seamed to calm her a little and she looked at Adley for a moment.
"You know how to draw on your Heart Blood?
"You must be careful it is easy to draw to much and it is I will nto say impossible but not even my Mentor can heal the damage it do."

"Yes. And that's true," he said with a nod.

"Yes my Forest God is holding a torch now, one perfect, bright torch." Beatrice whispered and she held your hand tighter. "Just hold my hand my brother and...yes there is one thing you could do...do you remember the ritual you taught me when Master Morgan wanted me to have some magick to do that would not bring me Paradox? It was calming, can you explain it to me again...for something to focus on?"

"The lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram?" he asked. "Very well, I can do that," he said, as it seemed discussing magic was helping. "The ritual is available to all, even Sleepers and hedge wizards use it too. It has a meditative aspect and can help to settle the subtle energies..." he began.

"He smiled, then nodded to Cita, "Mia is singing a lullaby; she will give you the shards."
"I will start the procedure, Mr Wainwright you will not feel any pain just a pressence, keep Miss Alexander safe and make sure she don't hurt her head."
The spirit healer instructed and indeed you felt her pressence, her clear, static, healing Resonance like a touch of ice against a sore spot. Cita's fingers danced over her keyboard and the Virtual Adept had a consentrated look on her face and then Beatrice started screaming, a desperate, pained screaming and she convulsed in your arms as she threw her head back and howled in agony as the spirit healer worked.

He raised an eyebrow at Colin. Well, that was hardly the weirdest thing he'd heard lately, a singing avatar. He kept up lecturing on the banishing ritual as much as he thought made any sense, he was worried about Beatrice but he tried to give her something else to think about. Hopefully this would not take long and she would feel better, after getting some more medicine.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Anja's Post:

'I... don't know. Just feel this way, I do.' ending with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'I'll ask around, then. Just another southpaw might be able to give me a few tips. Similar question; don't know anyone who could get a few hand grenades, do you?'

Anja's Post:

'I think there was...' Nicole replied with a frown, trying to remember the fuel gauge from earlier, pulling up in the lot. 'Better swap cell numbers, just in case.' pulling out her own from a pocket.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:00 pm

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

'I... don't know. Just feel this way, I do.' ending with a shrug.

Fran considered for a moment then she nodded and gave you a bit of a smile.
"Well I am not arrogant neough to comment on what works for you, but for me magick do not make me forget the plight of those that needs help, it reminds me to be better for I am Awakened and I want the same freedom I have for everyone."

'I'll ask around, then. Just another southpaw might be able to give me a few tips. Similar question; don't know anyone who could get a few hand grenades, do you?'

"Hum...good luck with the searching as for hand grenades...perhaps Rodger Tasselwell bani Sons of Ether might be able to help you out, not guarentees, but he might be the man to ask."
The death maga replied.

'I think there was...' Nicole replied with a frown, trying to remember the fuel gauge from earlier, pulling up in the lot. 'Better swap cell numbers, just in case.' pulling out her own from a pocket.

The other car had a quarter tank so that should be more than enough. Fran nodded she pulled her phone out of her pocket, it had purple skull kitties all over the cover and she listed up her phone number.

[Adley and Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

He nodded. "I'm going to tell it to you, when we get a little privacy. I bet you know some of it, but don't know that you do."

"Perhaps I do but it would be nice to hear it in words."
Beatrice said and she looked at you for a while.
"When I am well enough to leave the Node chamber so we can talk alone then."
She said with a weak smile.

"You have, have you not Adley, drawn to much? That is what you came to talk with my Mentor about earlier, what you discussed in writing so I would not be worried."
Beatrice said now clearly worried then she sigh.
"I assume there where no other choice my brother?"

"The lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram?" he asked. "Very well, I can do that," he said, as it seemed discussing magic was helping. "The ritual is available to all, even Sleepers and hedge wizards use it too. It has a meditative aspect and can help to settle the subtle energies..." he began.

"Yes I...the banishing ritual made me calm when I was scared, perhaps...learning more about it will help and perhaps if I can focus on something it will help."
Beatrice said then she sigh.
"To be honest you probably could read numbers out of the phone books and it would do the same good I doubt I will be able to focus much and the sound of your voice is what will help but just perhaps...well I...sorry I do not know what to say and I am just babbeling."
The young Verbena muttered fearfully and she started crying again but she did seam to calm down when you started explaining the LBRP.

He raised an eyebrow at Colin. Well, that was hardly the weirdest thing he'd heard lately, a singing avatar. He kept up lecturing on the banishing ritual as much as he thought made any sense, he was worried about Beatrice but he tried to give her something else to think about. Hopefully this would not take long and she would feel better, after getting some more medicine.

Beatrice continued screaming and figthing against Colin's grip in fear and terror as Cita worked, during an ebb in the pain though she muttered between screams.
"W...why Hebrew?"
She did not manage to form a complete sentence she was hurting to much but where clearly wondering why the banishing ritual was mostly performed in Herbrew, she was paying at least some attention to what you where saying trying to focus on something other than the pain.

(OOC: Patrick Dale's Avatar sang to him he said so during his interrogation.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"She sounds like a good person this Quesitor...and Anna is that the name of your apprentice?"
Bee asked softly.
"I hope she will be saved no child deserve..."
The young Verbena stopped talking and just looked down and she sobbed softly.
Colin smiled, "She's a bright kid, alright. And she can't be sentenced to, well... she's got a medical condition, so the stress would endanger the Spirit Masters. There's precedent for letting her live with us under such circumstances."

"Yes let us hope the spirit is not asked to repeat any of what it heard right now Mr Wainwright for it is impossible for it to speak anything but the truth."
Amadeus said and frowned.
He frowned, "Well, we'll have to burn that bridge when we get to it..."

Beatrice nodded and she shuddered more tears welling up in her eyes.
"Pain...that is all there was, but not regular pain, beyond pain...and despair knowing what they did and they touched my Avatar...touched it I did not want them to touch it I feel...like I want to wash and yet it will not help."
She muttered and sobbed. Cita sigh and nodded.
"Let us not discuss this topic."
The Virtual Adept told you softly.
He nodded softly, "I know, Bee... But time and rest helps."

"No...no she have never hurt me, she have only helped me...but I am scared...and..."
Beatrice shivered.
"I am so scared."
He smiled, "Of course you're scared. But being brave is not about not being scared. It's about being scared, and doing what you have to do in spite of it. You're an incredibly tough young woman; I believe in your strength."

"The blood itself is not the hardest, I pricked my thumb with a needle, I was not old enough to use a knife on my own skin yet, but adding the energy to it, getting that just right...that is the hard part, it is a delicate balance."
"You know how to draw on your Heart Blood?"
He pondered for a moment, "Heart's Blood is a sacrifice for power... if it were easy to heal, it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice, would it? It would rather detract from the potency of it, I should think..."

"How can she be whole again it is not possible to heal...that..."
Beatrice said her eyes wide.
"No it is not but my Avatar's companion are ready for a host and I think she have chosen Miss Florentine...letting the Copanion go to Miss Florentine will save us both from hell."
Amadeus said and Beatrice looked from her Mentor to Colin wide eyed.
"It is likely she will be needing to learn magick again from the start and she will then need a Mentor dear child so you might be getting another sister."
Amadeus said and Beatrice smiled slightly but said nothing."
Colin smiled to Beatrice, "Before your retrial, you'll tell me to make sure Master Nassa focuses on training your sister, rather than throwing his life away to protect you in case the trial should go poorly... I'm quite confident the trial will work out quite well, though; there's precedent in your favour this time, and I'm quite willing to bet you'll get a really good advocate."

He gave Adley a wry smile and a small shrug; not really much to add to that.

Cita muttered as she worked.
He held Beatrice firmly, careful to restrain her without crushing her in the process. In the back of his mind, he heard the echoes from the interrupted ritual, her screams at that time, and grimaced."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Anja's Post:

'But I don't want to help people. I want to make it possible for people to help themselves.'

Anja's Post:

'Tasselwell? The pilot? Was going to ask around there anyway... at every least they'd know why I was asking about 'em. Just been doing a recap on the mission, thinking how it could have gone better. A couple of 'em would have made our lives a bit easier. S'pose you've done similar?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole did similar, though her phone was one which was bulkier and seemed to be covered with thick rubber of some form.

'Okay. Brakes are a bit soft and it will seriously go if you put your foot down.' she said, leaving the car idling in the lot. 'Don't press this switch-' tapping the cap on the steering pillar, behind the indicators.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:20 pm

"Thank you Sir."
Jane said and she smied happiy as she wanted for you to cast your spell. It was not the best piece of spell casting you had done but you managed to give the illusion to Jane and the little girl let out a squee of delight as she saw Strawberry with her new bow.
"I want to see it Sir."
Cava said happily as she rubbed Strawberry's tummy.
"Me as well."
Anna said and grinned and Liv raised an hand to indicate she also wanted to see Strawberry with her bow.

"All right then. Just hang on a minute." Serge said with a tired look in his eyes that he tried to keep hidden. He had done a lot of spell work today and he could feel himself getting tired. It was getting more and more difficult to envision things within his mind.

Still how could he say no to children. He buckled down and continued to draw. This time he drew 4 little girls surrounding the rat, each girl representing one of the girls in real life. He held onto the brief image he had of the accessorized Strawberry and drifted it towards each of the other girls so that they could share in the delight that Jane was currently experiencing.

(OOC: Continuing the previous magickal roll. Arete Roll: 10, 8, 7, 2
So that's three more successes right off the bat. If I'm right that should allow me to target three more people with the illusion. I'll target Cava, Anna, and Liv.

(OOC: That picture is perfect! I love it Razz. That's how I envisioned her as well. )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:26 pm

[Adley and Coin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

Colin smiled, "She's a bright kid, alright. And she can't be sentenced to, well... she's got a medical condition, so the stress would endanger the Spirit Masters. There's precedent for letting her live with us under such circumstances."

"That is good, that is very good."
Bee said and she gave you a relieved smile.
"Listen Colin if you just rescued her from a Labyrinth I bet you do not have clothes for her, in my closent, the third shelf it contains things I generally don't use, I am so small that my clothes might fit a kid, I mean i often have to buy my clothes from the kid's section in the clothing stores, have a look and see if there is anything on the third shelf Anna can use. I am afraid that is all I can do to aid your apprentice right now."
The young Verbena offered.

He frowned, "Well, we'll have to burn that bridge when we get to it..."

"Just please don't harm the spirit it have been most helpful it do not deserve to be harmed for something you have said by mistake Colin."
Bee requested.

He nodded softly, "I know, Bee... But time and rest helps."

Beatrice looked at you and nodded and she said nothing, she was still crying though and she was clearly terrified.

He smiled, "Of course you're scared. But being brave is not about not being scared. It's about being scared, and doing what you have to do in spite of it. You're an incredibly tough young woman; I believe in your strength."

"I am not so sure there is much strength left in me Colin I...everything hurt, hurt so much, though I guess for this all I need do is...live through it, I...but...I..."
Beatrice muttered as she wept.
"But I am so afraid."
She whimpered.

He pondered for a moment, "Heart's Blood is a sacrifice for power... if it were easy to heal, it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice, would it? It would rather detract from the potency of it, I should think..."

"That is one way to look at it, I have always seen it easier to repair a few planks of a wall than the core pillars hoding the house up, our hearth blood is the very essence that keep us alive, it makes sense loosing some of that will be hard to replace before it grows back naturally."
Beatrice said and she seamed calmer when talking about magick.
"Though your way of looking at it are far more romantic and nicer Colin."
She added with a weak smile.

Colin smiled to Beatrice, "Before your retrial, you'll tell me to make sure Master Nassa focuses on training your sister, rather than throwing his life away to protect you in case the trial should go poorly... I'm quite confident the trial will work out quite well, though; there's precedent in your favour this time, and I'm quite willing to bet you'll get a really good advocate."

Beatrice went completely stark white and her voice was hoarse as she spoke in a flat, toneless voice.
"I can...not go throug that again...I...can not, I did not kill myself when I was told the Masters where coming for me even if Adley let me out of his sight to change clothes, I wanted to ear a white dress a bit of protest I guess, the first thing a Verbena blood witch learn is which veins not to cut, I could have ended it before he would have had the time to go for help, but I did not for my reincarnation might become the monster most widderslaintes are...but I can not go to that re trail....without a way out, I can not risk...I...I do not want to talk about this!"
She said and she started bawling worse than before.
"Oh heavens they might sentence me to that ritual again I am not safe!"
She howled and struggeled against your grip.
"They might do it to me again they might...do it to me again!"
She screaming in complete panic.

He held Beatrice firmly, careful to restrain her without crushing her in the process. In the back of his mind, he heard the echoes from the interrupted ritual, her screams at that time, and grimaced."

Beatrice screamed, and screamed and her body convulsed as Cita worked, then the screams died down, became weaker and eventually turned into soft sobs and then the young Verbena was silent as she hung limp from your arms, she was bearely concious but at least she was not screaming anymore, her breath where weak and uneven but she managed a very weak smile and mouthed.
"I...i....it worked..."
Cita looked up from her computer, sweat rolling own her face.
"It is done, the missing pieces are restored and are merging back with her Avatar nicely, I will keep an eye on her but this looks good, it looks very good."
She said. Amadeus who had turned rather pale himself gave you a pained look.
"How...how is she...what do I do?"
The old Verbena said in an allmost helpless tone of voice, all he wanted was to help his young apprentice get better and to calm her fears and ease her pain.

[Serge] (Steelhaven 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"All right then. Just hang on a minute." Serge said with a tired look in his eyes that he tried to keep hidden. He had done a lot of spell work today and he could feel himself getting tired. It was getting more and more difficult to envision things within his mind.

Still how could he say no to children. He buckled down and continued to draw. This time he drew 4 little girls surrounding the rat, each girl representing one of the girls in real life. He held onto the brief image he had of the accessorized Strawberry and drifted it towards each of the other girls so that they could share in the delight that Jane was currently experiencing.

Rosa gave you a concerned look, she could see that you where tired but she did not protest, not yet anyway. It was not easy to cast your spell right now, but you managed to target the little girls and they squeled in delight as they saw Strawberry with her pink bow and they continued to play with her and petting her, offering her ice cream on one of Jane's doll tea platters.
"Thank you Sir this is so cute."
Cava said enthusiastically and Liv gave you a smile. Anna nodded.
"Yes thank you Sir.

(OOC: Thank you. Smile )

[Nicole] (Streets of Boston at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

'But I don't want to help people. I want to make it possible for people to help themselves.'

"That is generally better yes, but magick is no hindrence to that."
The young Euthanathos said.

'Tasselwell? The pilot? Was going to ask around there anyway... at every least they'd know why I was asking about 'em. Just been doing a recap on the mission, thinking how it could have gone better. A couple of 'em would have made our lives a bit easier. S'pose you've done similar?'

"Yes the pilot, and asking around where? The Chantry Mr Tasselwell lives in?"
Fran asked sounding confused.
"I have not been fighting in a Labyrinth before no, but I have been part of a run on a Technocrazy Construct once, to free someone who had been captured by the bastards, I am not so sure explosives would have done much of a difference we had several Flambeau with us, when things could be made by better by going boom they generally took care of it. I mean we did not want to harm the ship that was helping us."
She said and shrugged.

Nicole did similar, though her phone was one which was bulkier and seemed to be covered with thick rubber of some form.

'Okay. Brakes are a bit soft and it will seriously go if you put your foot down.' she said, leaving the car idling in the lot. 'Don't press this switch-' tapping the cap on the steering pillar, behind the indicators.

"Be careful of the breakes got it and if a Etherite tell me not to touch a switch in their car I know to leave that switch very well alone."
Fran said and grinned.
"Anything else then?"
She asked as she moved over to the drivers seat and put her seatbelt on.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:15 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"That is good, that is very good."
Bee said and she gave you a relieved smile.
"Listen Colin if you just rescued her from a Labyrinth I bet you do not have clothes for her, in my closent, the third shelf it contains things I generally don't use, I am so small that my clothes might fit a kid, I mean i often have to buy my clothes from the kid's section in the clothing stores, have a look and see if there is anything on the third shelf Anna can use. I am afraid that is all I can do to aid your apprentice right now."
The young Verbena offered.
Colin smiled, "Thank you, I'll have to make a quick raid before calling it a night, then. There'll be a shopping run tomorrow... I just hope it won't clean me completely out. Well, it shouldn't, really, but it's still going to sting a little."

"Just please don't harm the spirit it have been most helpful it do not deserve to be harmed for something you have said by mistake Colin."
Bee requested.
He grinned wryly, "Harm the spirit? Perish the thought - I'm not even certain I truly could. The Quaesitors who have singled us out, on the other hand... Self defense is a thing. A complicated thing, but still a thing."

"I am not so sure there is much strength left in me Colin I...everything hurt, hurt so much, though I guess for this all I need do is...live through it, I...but...I..."
Beatrice muttered as she wept.
"But I am so afraid."
She whimpered.
He nodded, "Me, too... For you, for Anna, for the Traditions as a whole... but the way out is through."

"That is one way to look at it, I have always seen it easier to repair a few planks of a wall than the core pillars hoding the house up, our hearth blood is the very essence that keep us alive, it makes sense loosing some of that will be hard to replace before it grows back naturally."
She added with a weak smile.
He grinned, "My way of looking at it is perhaps more poetic, more inspired by all the fantasy books I've read. And perhaps it follows the philosophy of sacrifice to its logical conclusion."

Beatrice went completely stark white and her voice was hoarse as she spoke in a flat, toneless voice.
"I can...not go throug that again...I...can not, I did not kill myself when I was told the Masters where coming for me even if Adley let me out of his sight to change clothes, I wanted to ear a white dress a bit of protest I guess, the first thing a Verbena blood witch learn is which veins not to cut, I could have ended it before he would have had the time to go for help, but I did not for my reincarnation might become the monster most widderslaintes are...but I can not go to that re trail....without a way out, I can not risk...I...I do not want to talk about this!"
He shook his head, "Adley brought home proof of why your sentence was wrong to begin with, didn't he? That selfsame proof, that precedent, is going to ensure your safety, just like Adley's newest brother. You are safe with us - we have a quite secure battle plan, and might have some additional leverage by then, too."

Beatrice screamed, and screamed and her body convulsed as Cita worked, then the screams died down, became weaker and eventually turned into soft sobs and then the young Verbena was silent as she hung limp from your arms, she was bearely concious but at least she was not screaming anymore, her breath where weak and uneven but she managed a very weak smile and mouthed.
"I...i....it worked..."
"It is done, the missing pieces are restored and are merging back with her Avatar nicely, I will keep an eye on her but this looks good, it looks very good."
The old Verbena said in an allmost helpless tone of voice, all he wanted was to help his young apprentice get better and to calm her fears and ease her pain.
He smiled to Cita, "I knew you'd pull it off. Well done; I'm not sure Master Ir could top that one. Just one question... do you think the haggard old man will have a scar?"
He gently handed Beatrice over to Amadeus, nodding gently, "Now... you treat her as gently as any patient who's been through a severe trauma; you make her comfortable, and probably spoil her a little. Or more than just a little. The worst is over, now recovery can begin in earnest..."
He frowned, "Oh, while I remember... my condolances for the loss of your Covenmate today, I know you were personally fond of her, too... If there's anything I can do to help with the funeral service..."
He looked over at Adley, "Should we bring down the pine cone now, you think, or should we wait until she wakes up? It might help her recovery..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Anja's Post:

'Nah, other Scientists. Got the impression this morning there's a Chantry in Boston where they're much heavier represented than ours.'

'As for explosives... thinking of the log-jam in the corridor, then going through that portal. Only worked 'cos we were in an auto shop and I could rig up a couple of big Molotovs using the oils there. That won't happen again. Unlikely too we'll end up hitting something where the damn scenery will complain if it gets flamed or shot. Plus, don't trust them so much as the last exploding ball almost got me as well as everything else.

Anja's Post:

'Feel free to adjust the seat.' Nicole replied, once she'd got out of the Victoria and Fran had slid into it. 'And call me if you pick up a tail or anything.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:33 am

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

I know. They achieved much today, though, and that's a relief.
I'll come back when summoned. Until then, friend.

((We should do the visit with the old garou woman))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:44 am

Rosa gave you a concerned look, she could see that you where tired but she did not protest, not yet anyway. It was not easy to cast your spell right now, but you managed to target the little girls and they squeled in delight as they saw Strawberry with her pink bow and they continued to play with her and petting her, offering her ice cream on one of Jane's doll tea platters.
"Thank you Sir this is so cute."
Cava said enthusiastically and Liv gave you a smile. Anna nodded.
"Yes thank you Sir.

"No problem.....That was easy." Serge said with a smile although the tone of his voice was slow and tired. He let his sketchbook rest on the table and began to move his right hand erratically, stretching it after he had put it through so much. He had been drawings a lot and quite rapidly and he could feel the pain creeping up in his wrist. "I gave Strawberry some earrings earlier. Bows are simpler. Just a shape that moves with the tail. No need to account for gravity, shine, and intricate designs of gemstones. Let me know if you want anything else."

He watched the girls play with Strawberry for a while as he rested for a little bit. He glanced down and remembered the book he had gotten from the Primus. Seeing the book reminded him of another book that he had and he began to glance around the room for the Book of Runes that he had chosen from Mr. Bergen's collections.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:48 am

Bee requested.
He grinned wryly, "Harm the spirit? Perish the thought - I'm not even certain I truly could. The Quaesitors who have singled us out, on the other hand... Self defense is a thing. A complicated thing, but still a thing."

"I doubt that would be allowed. I would not want that either...and besides, it is quite powerful." He couldn't imagine his pater allowing his ally to be harmed for such a reason.

"Perhaps I do but it would be nice to hear it in words." Beatrice said and she looked at you for a while.
"When I am well enough to leave the Node chamber so we can talk alone then."
She said with a weak smile.

"Yes. I wish I could tell you now...but it is not the right time."

"You have, have you not Adley, drawn to much? That is what you came to talk with my Mentor about earlier, what you discussed in writing so I would not be worried."
Beatrice said now clearly worried then she sigh.
"I assume there where no other choice my brother?"

"Not any that resulted in an outcome we wanted, at least."

He grinned, "My way of looking at it is perhaps more poetic, more inspired by all the fantasy books I've read. And perhaps it follows the philosophy of sacrifice to its logical conclusion."

"It's the truth."

He shook his head, "Adley brought home proof of why your sentence was wrong to begin with, didn't he? That selfsame proof, that precedent, is going to ensure your safety, just like Adley's newest brother. You are safe with us - we have a quite secure battle plan, and might have some additional leverage by then, too."

His eyes widened and he shot Colin a look. "Beatrice, calm down...please...

"Yes I...the banishing ritual made me calm when I was scared, perhaps...learning more about it will help and perhaps if I can focus on something it will help."
Beatrice said then she sigh. "To be honest you probably could read numbers out of the phone books and it would do the same good I doubt I will be able to focus much and the sound of your voice is what will help but just perhaps...well I...sorry I do not know what to say and I am just babbeling."

"Well...seeing as how I haven't memorized a telephone book but I have my lectures and practices on that, I think we'll use that," he agreed. "The tools that are used commonly are the dagger or fingers to point. You start facing east. We can start at the beginning: there is a light when the first word is spoken and it descends downward towards the crown of the head. From there, we construct our Qabalistic cross is made which is the tree of life and the energy moves through those centres. From the forehead, Ateh - thine is, Malkuth, the kingdom, ve geburah, and the power, ve-gedulah, or chesed, and the glory, le-olam, forever and ever. Amen, so be it..."

Beatrice continued screaming and figthing against Colin's grip in fear and terror as Cita worked, during an ebb in the pain though she muttered between screams.
"W...why Hebrew?"

It was hard to see her in pain again, but he scrambled for an answer that was coherent enough and true, so that she might have something else to think about. "The prayer for the quabalistic cross originally was part of the morning Torah service and evening devotional meditations."In the name of the Lord, the God of Israel, may Michael be at my right hand; Gabriel at my left; before me Uriel; behind me Raphael; and above my head, the divine presence, Shekhinah, of God." Also, the Hebrew words are used to connect it to the Tree of Life. Each of the sephiroth, the energy centers, have a specific association. Hebrew letters are also numbers and connect along the tree in specific ways called paths...However, the order and position of some of the sephiroth is different as are the archangels than in the traditional Jewish Qabbalah, most of these changes shifted the intent of the whole ritual over from a theurgic act into a thaumaturgic one..."

"I...i....it worked..."
He smiled to Cita, "I knew you'd pull it off. Well done; I'm not sure Master Ir could top that one. Just one question... do you think the haggard old man will have a scar?"
He gently handed Beatrice over to Amadeus, nodding gently, "Now... you treat her as gently as any patient who's been through a severe trauma; you make her comfortable, and probably spoil her a little. Or more than just a little. The worst is over, now recovery can begin in earnest..."
He frowned, "Oh, while I remember... my condolances for the loss of your Covenmate today, I know you were personally fond of her, too... If there's anything I can do to help with the funeral service..."
He looked over at Adley, "Should we bring down the pine cone now, you think, or should we wait until she wakes up? It might help her recovery..."

He thought it was never going to be over, seeing her suffer was horrible. But fiinally...it was finished. "That painkiller you mentioned, shouldn't she get that?...and I have the other thing you mentioned...but I don't know if it's a good idea or not...at least Beatrice had her presence of mind that it had worked before she passed out. Let me trade places with you, maybe if I meditate here with her then it can help that way...then she may be able to stay asleep..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:59 am

[Adley and Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

Colin smiled, "Thank you, I'll have to make a quick raid before calling it a night, then. There'll be a shopping run tomorrow... I just hope it won't clean me completely out. Well, it shouldn't, really, but it's still going to sting a little."

"Having apprentices can be expensive."
Amadeus said and he smiled a little. Beatrice nodded.
"I hope you will find what you need for your student Colin."

"You think the Quessitors would harm the spirit Colin?"
Beatrice muttered softly she seamed a little uneasy about that.
"I am sure it will be okey child."
Amadeus said to his apprentice softly.

He nodded, "Me, too... For you, for Anna, for the Traditions as a whole... but the way out is through."

"Yea but I...I...I so do not want to do this."
Beatrice whimpered.

"Hum...yes perhaps it is at that Colin and perhaps looking at something more poetically is more potent as it get more meaning for the practitioner."
Beatrice said softly.

"Are you sure Colin, but what if they decide what was done was right then they will...will do it again...I can't...I can't go through that again."
Beatrice cried desperatly still in a panic but your words seamed to calm her down a little.

"Well now that is quite a compliment, Master Ir is quite skilled."
Cita said then she sigh and nodded.
"Yes he will have a scar, not from this the missing pieces are merging perfectly into her Avatar and will heal in place seamlessly but where he had allmost been cut in two, where I had to sutur him back up there he will have a scar, I am afraid there is nothing I can do about that, I am sorry."
Cita said and shook her head.

Amadeus took Beatrice into his arms gently and supported her head against his shoulder as he checked on her wrists and healed where she had scraped them against the cuffs during the operation, then he gently wrapped her up in a blanket and held her carefully.
"Shhh Bee it is over now, rest child you will be okey."
He muttered to Beatrice and then looked at you and nodded.
"I hate seeing her in pain."
He said and sigh.

Amadeus looked at you sadly and nodded.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, Raven was special but she died with honor. My Coven will handle her funeral arangements but you are welcome to attend if you wish."
He said softly.
"Her death have been a blow to the entire Coven."

"Just make sure that it is not something that will put any strain on her for right now Beatrice needs to rest."
Cita warned in a tired tone of voice.

"I doubt that would be allowed. I would not want that either...and besides, it is quite powerful." He couldn't imagine his pater allowing his ally to be harmed for such a reason.

Beatrice seamed calmed down by that reassurance she would not want the spirit to be harmed.

Yes. I wish I could tell you now...but it is not the right time."

"I understand Adley...when we have more privacy then."
The young Verbena said and she nodded weakly.

"Not any that resulted in an outcome we wanted, at least."

Beatrice nodded and she sigh.
"Make sure yuu get enough nourishment when you recover, even if you are feeling sick and do not really want any, it is best to eat living things like fresh vegtabels and plants but if you can not manage to eat drink some watered down fruit juice."
She adviced in a tone of voice that said she had done this before a few times.

His eyes widened and he shot Colin a look. "Beatrice, calm down...please...

Being reminded that she had to have a re sentencing and that she was not completely out of the woods even if most likely she would be fine was causing Beatrice to completely panic, any idea that the ritual would be used on her again was making her scared out of her wits and she cried and struggeled against Colin's hold on her.

"Well...seeing as how I haven't memorized a telephone book but I have my lectures and practices on that, I think we'll use that," he agreed. "The tools that are used commonly are the dagger or fingers to point. You start facing east. We can start at the beginning: there is a light when the first word is spoken and it descends downward towards the crown of the head. From there, we construct our Qabalistic cross is made which is the tree of life and the energy moves through those centres. From the forehead, Ateh - thine is, Malkuth, the kingdom, ve geburah, and the power, ve-gedulah, or chesed, and the glory, le-olam, forever and ever. Amen, so be it..."

"Can any kind of dagger be used."
Beatrice asked, she was terrified as Cita preparred the operation but she managed to focus on your lecture at least for now.
"So it is the Lord's prayer but in a condensed for and in Hebrew, why is that used for a Hermetic ritual?"
The young Verbena muttered.

It was hard to see her in pain again, but he scrambled for an answer that was coherent enough and true, so that she might have something else to think about. "The prayer for the quabalistic cross originally was part of the morning Torah service and evening devotional meditations."In the name of the Lord, the God of Israel, may Michael be at my right hand; Gabriel at my left; before me Uriel; behind me Raphael; and above my head, the divine presence, Shekhinah, of God." Also, the Hebrew words are used to connect it to the Tree of Life. Each of the sephiroth, the energy centers, have a specific association. Hebrew letters are also numbers and connect along the tree in specific ways called paths...However, the order and position of some of the sephiroth is different as are the archangels than in the traditional Jewish Qabbalah, most of these changes shifted the intent of the whole ritual over from a theurgic act into a thaumaturgic one..."

"D...do that mean...you make yourself into a symbol of the...Tree of Life or...or...you become it in a way?"
Beatrice managed to say between whimpers and screams.
"W...when I did it...I felt Quintesence...flow..."
She said before she screamed again.

He thought it was never going to be over, seeing her suffer was horrible. But fiinally...it was finished. "That painkiller you mentioned, shouldn't she get that?...and I have the other thing you mentioned...but I don't know if it's a good idea or not...

"I gave her the painkiller before I started Adley."
Cita said and sigh.
"That is why we had to wait with this ritual until we had created that, she woud have been to weak to survive otherwise, perations on the Avatar are extremely painful unfortunately, however now that those pieces are in place she should hurt allot less and I will give her another dose in a little while, it might be able to take the rest of what pain she is feeling now leaving only tiredness."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.
"As for the object mentioned if it will not cause her any stress you can try, but she needs rest, she was already tired and weak and this have worn her out."

at least Beatrice had her presence of mind that it had worked before she passed out. Let me trade places with you, maybe if I meditate here with her then it can help that way...then she may be able to stay asleep..."

Amadeus nodded he had wrapped Beatrice in a blanket and he gently placed her in your arms, the young Verbena where sleeping now, her breath was even but she looked completely exhausted.
"You do have a calming effect on her Mr Roth Hicks so it is worth a shot to see if you can keep her calm and sleeping."

[Serge] (Steelhaven 7 30 in the evening.)

"No problem.....That was easy." Serge said with a smile although the tone of his voice was slow and tired. He let his sketchbook rest on the table and began to move his right hand erratically, stretching it after he had put it through so much. He had been drawings a lot and quite rapidly and he could feel the pain creeping up in his wrist. "I gave Strawberry some earrings earlier. Bows are simpler. Just a shape that moves with the tail. No need to account for gravity, shine, and intricate designs of gemstones. Let me know if you want anything else."

"If you come over here Serge then let me see if I can help you with your hand."
Rosa said and she pointed at a chair by the kitchen table then she went to put the forgotten ice cream bowls in the freezer and get a bottle of oil from her bathroom.
"My hands ache after hours of practice or a consert as well."
She explained.
"Your illusions at least seam to make the girls happy."
The young Cultist commented as se watched the little mage girls play with the little white rat.

He watched the girls play with Strawberry for a while as he rested for a little bit. He glanced down and remembered the book he had gotten from the Primus. Seeing the book reminded him of another book that he had and he began to glance around the room for the Book of Runes that he had chosen from Mr. Bergen's collections.

The book on runes lay on Rosa's living room table where you had left it.

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston at 7 in the evening.)

'Nah, other Scientists. Got the impression this morning there's a Chantry in Boston where they're much heavier represented than ours.'

"True Chantry Westchapel is a reserch Chantry it have several Etherites living there. Riverside have a couple as well."
Fran said and nodded.

'As for explosives... thinking of the log-jam in the corridor, then going through that portal. Only worked 'cos we were in an auto shop and I could rig up a couple of big Molotovs using the oils there. That won't happen again. Unlikely too we'll end up hitting something where the damn scenery will complain if it gets flamed or shot. Plus, don't trust them so much as the last exploding ball almost got me as well as everything else.

"Hum...you have a point there, well I know little about explosions but you could ask around but I agree that they could be useful."
Fran said and nodded.
"Mr Tasselwell might be your best bet then or one of the other Etherboys or girls."

Feel free to adjust the seat.' Nicole replied, once she'd got out of the Victoria and Fran had slid into it. 'And call me if you pick up a tail or anything.'

"I am going to have to do that if I want to reach the pedals."
The young Euthanathos said and grinned.
"I will do so if there is any trouble I will call and you do the same okey?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:05 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening)

I know. They achieved much today, though, and that's a relief.
I'll come back when summoned. Until then, friend.

"Yes they did, they died as warriors. You do not have to wait until summoned give us three hours for the preperations and then you can return frind, for now then farewell and be safe."
Dino said then he and his pack, carrying their dead vanished into the woods.

((We should do the visit with the old garou woman))

[Tane] (Meeting with an old shaman earlier in the day.)

You arrived at an apartment building, the shaman woman you where visiting where living in one of the apartments on the seventh floor, you had the snacks she had requested with you and where ready to go and meet with her before returning to Steelhaven to join in the strike on the Labyrinth later in the day.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Anja's Post:

'Will do... and thanks.' Nicole replied, then went off towards the Subaru. All the while keeping alert to anything or one nearby.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:55 pm

The Subaru was where you had left it, no one where nearby other than the cat on the bench, and not even it was giving you any heed, at least not that you could see, so everything seamed clear. You heard Fran driving of after she had adjusted the seat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Glared at the cat for a moment, then dug out the Subrau's keys and got in behind the wheel.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm

The car needed some work, especially on the paint which where party stipped but it started smootly when you turned the key and where ready to go. The cat ignored you and continued to was his fur he ran away when the car started up though and went to one of the local houses with a cat door, perhaps that was his home.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Nicole pulled out of the lot, then onto the road, using her phone to help her navigate back to the Chantry via a different route to Fran. Naturally, keeping aware of her surroundings.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:52 pm

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston at 8 in the evening.)

Nothing much happened on your way back to the Chantry, no one was following you and you got back safely, as you pull into Steelhaven's parting lot you saw the man who had driven of with the vampiress before you left returning as well. Fran had already arrived and was stepping out of the car as you entered the car, she waved to the man you did not know and to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:22 pm

The Subaru flew in, braking sharply in one of the spaces. Nicole clambered out, with a rather sour look on her face. Gave a dirty look to the car, then nodded to Fran. 'No problems, I suppose? And does this Chantry have any common cars?'

[Is it okay if she went past a fast food joint and picked up something to eat on the way?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:53 pm

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston at 8 in the evening.)

"No there where no problems, no tails that I could see, just driving home, how where your drive?"
Fran said then she pointed at a large blue van at the end of the parking lot.
"That one there, it belongs to Master Steelhaven it is used as a communal car."
She informed you as the man who had freed the vampiress nodded to you and Fran and headed into the Chantry.

(OOC: That works she can have picked something up on the way.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next