Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 9 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:03 pm

'Hmm.. could do with another ride, then.' Nicole commented, leaning into the car and pulling out a large paper bag of what appeared to be some form of take-out. 'No way I'm gonna drive around in a Subaru, even if it is a pretty good ride.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 9 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:13 pm

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston at 8 in the evening.)

"Well many of the Chantry members have their own car but I guess another communal car would not be amiss, is there anything wrong with a Subaru?"
Fran asked.
"I do not know allot about cars but they seam to work well enough."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:44 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"Having apprentices can be expensive."
Amadeus said and he smiled a little. Beatrice nodded.
"I hope you will find what you need for your student Colin."
Colin nodded, "Well, even if I don't generally have much spending money, I do have a few sources of extra income - even a bit for Anna herself. I'm sure some people here will be willing to chip in a little in exchange for copies of parts of Anna's library, for example."

"I doubt that would be allowed. I would not want that either...and besides, it is quite powerful." He couldn't imagine his pater allowing his ally to be harmed for such a reason.
"You think the Quessitors would harm the spirit Colin?"
Beatrice muttered softly she seamed a little uneasy about that.
"I am sure it will be okey child."
Amadeus said to his apprentice softly.
He shook his head, "No, but I think they would want to harm me. And really, we can't have that, can we?"

"Yea but I...I...I so do not want to do this."
Beatrice whimpered.
He sighed, "I know it hurts, but this is going to make it better... to let you heal as you should. We all need healing, in one way or another..."

"It's the truth."
"Hum...yes perhaps it is at that Colin and perhaps looking at something more poetically is more potent as it get more meaning for the practitioner."
Beatrice said softly.
He nodded, "That's perhaps our advantage compared to the Union - we draw power from emotional attachments to get greater results, where the Union has more consistent effects, with less ability to go that extra mile..."

"Are you sure Colin, but what if they decide what was done was right then they will...will do it again...I can't...I can't go through that again."
Beatrice cried desperatly still in a panic but your words seamed to calm her down a little.
He shook his head, "I don't think they can afford to do so - the precedent is too strong in your favour. That, at least, is a positive side of the rather conservative bent of the Traditions' legal system."

"Well now that is quite a compliment, Master Ir is quite skilled."
Cita said then she sigh and nodded.
"Yes he will have a scar, not from this the missing pieces are merging perfectly into her Avatar and will heal in place seamlessly but where he had allmost been cut in two, where I had to sutur him back up there he will have a scar, I am afraid there is nothing I can do about that, I am sorry."
Cita said and shook her head.
He nodded thoughtfully, "So that aspect of the future remains unchanged... Hum... No matter, there is plenty of time still."

He thought it was never going to be over, seeing her suffer was horrible. But fiinally...it was finished. "That painkiller you mentioned, shouldn't she get that?...and I have the other thing you mentioned...but I don't know if it's a good idea or not...at least Beatrice had her presence of mind that it had worked before she passed out. Let me trade places with you, maybe if I meditate here with her then it can help that way...then she may be able to stay asleep..."
Amadeus took Beatrice into his arms gently and supported her head against his shoulder as he checked on her wrists and healed where she had scraped them against the cuffs during the operation, then he gently wrapped her up in a blanket and held her carefully.
"Shhh Bee it is over now, rest child you will be okey."
He muttered to Beatrice and then looked at you and nodded.
"I hate seeing her in pain."
He said and sigh.
He nodded to Adley, "You do that... I have other obligations, as well... I must go to the next point on the itinerary, much as I would like to stay and comfort her."

Amadeus looked at you sadly and nodded.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, Raven was special but she died with honor. My Coven will handle her funeral arangements but you are welcome to attend if you wish."
He said softly.
"Her death have been a blow to the entire Coven."
He nodded, "I would like to show my respects. Please let me know of the time and date. I'm... guessing she will be set to nurture the tree?"

"Just make sure that it is not something that will put any strain on her for right now Beatrice needs to rest."
Cita warned in a tired tone of voice.
He nodded, "No, I suppose we ought to leave the pine cone for later. The impression on the poor girl in Chicago was strong; we should not risk that just yet. Let her heal first."

He sighed softly, getting to his feet, and laid a hand gently on Cita's shoulder, "Thank you, Cita... Between Tobias and Beatrice, you've truly been the hero of the day."

Heading up from the Node chamber again, he briefly pondered stopping by to give Diego a few well-intended words, but decided against it and went back to the common room, to speak with Tolle and Udella again, "Honored Quaesitors, Miss Alexander's operation went well... Master Tolle, there was one thing I forgot to mention earlier - one of the Fallen prisoners downstairs, I believe his name is Siege, has a phylactery, a ring which is the physical manifestation of his Avatar. He entrusted that ring in my possession for me to examine, as a matter of academic curiosity, on the condition I not let it come to harm before his trial. I mean to clean it up and keep it safe, and I should like to be informed of the date for his trial, so that I can properly deliver it to the prosecution at that time. It was not my intent to withhold this information, merely a momentary slip of the mind between the other urgent matters."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Anja's Post:

'Not at all. In fact, it'll increases my chances of being picked up in a bar, as long as I don't mind it's by another woman. Or perhaps Home Depot.' Nicole replied, lighting a cigarette.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 pm

"If you come over here Serge then let me see if I can help you with your hand."
Rosa said and she pointed at a chair by the kitchen table then she went to put the forgotten ice cream bowls in the freezer and get a bottle of oil from her bathroom.
"My hands ache after hours of practice or a consert as well."
She explained.
"Your illusions at least seam to make the girls happy."
The young Cultist commented as se watched the little mage girls play with the little white rat.

"Nah, it's all right. This happens every couple of days. I'm used to it. Glad I'm able to use my illusions for something." Serge said although he did go to the chair Rosa pointed to have his hand checked.

The book on runes lay on Rosa's living room table where you had left it.

Serge grabbed it and layed it next to to the red book he had gotten from the Primus."Didn't expect to be given so many books today. Which one do you think I should read first?" Serge asked Rosa as she checked his hand.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Beatrice nodded and she sigh.
"Make sure yuu get enough nourishment when you recover, even if you are feeling sick and do not really want any, it is best to eat living things like fresh vegtabels and plants but if you can not manage to eat drink some watered down fruit juice."
She adviced in a tone of voice that said she had done this before a few times.

"I have been," he said, touched she would be worrying about him at a time like that.

"Yea but I...I...I so do not want to do this."
Beatrice whimpered.

The more she protested about it, the more guilty he felt about them trying to convince her. He didn't have the surety that Colin did about future timelines, he just had the one they were in, and even though he knew that putting her avatar together was a good thing for it, he was worried that now would be too stressful a time to do such a delicate operation.

"Can any kind of dagger be used."
Beatrice asked, she was terrified as Cita preparred the operation but she managed to focus on your lecture at least for now.
"So it is the Lord's prayer but in a condensed for and in Hebrew, why is that used for a Hermetic ritual?"
The young Verbena muttered.

Somehow, he dropped into full lecture mode. It was probably good for him as well, it was hard to see her suffering and yet she seemed to be paying attention to what he was saying. "The addition of Kabbalah into hermetic thought didn't happen until much later...there was and to a degree still is a lot of synectrism that went on during that time as scholars and mystics tried to learn all they could from different sources, including mystery schools and ancient traditions, as they travelled throughout the world as they knew it. As Christianity became a stronger belief, the older Jewish tradtional aspects were adapted or overwritten, depending on your view of it and of course there was the Dark Ages...after that, though the Zohar and the Book of Splendor were written and these two books became highly influential as a foundation for modern Kabbalah. As more scholars developed their own thoughts in the 15th century, they looked back at Greek writings and included Pythagorean, Neo-Platonic and Orphic nuances to their own writings and interpretations, and kept developing the Christian themes that we see today, including the use of Divine Names and later Adam Kadom. However, much like alchemy, which was developing alongside it, the foundation of what would be the banishing ritual was slowly formalized over time until the 18th centuries when masonic lodges began to form. This is the Sleeper view of it of course, but the writings that are known today from that period are important in that they set down the concepts of theurgy and some of them also used the story of the Fall of Man to discuss how to reintegrate with the divine within the self. The tree of life's original Hebrew prayer as you cross yourself is foundational in that it presents the divine within your microcosm witin the greater macrocosm, the energy centers that are within you that vibrate at the different planes of reality - these also can be called by their Hebrew names but you already know them as the material plane and the spiritual plane, for example. The idea that this energy that we have within us and that across the boundaries of our bodies and personal spirits is connected and may be changed and moved are basic hermetic principles, that which above is below....the more that you consider the ritual from the basis of those principles, the more it unveils to the seeker why those images and sounds may have been used..."

"D...do that mean...you make yourself into a symbol of the...Tree of Life or...or...you become it in a way?"
Beatrice managed to say between whimpers and screams.
"W...when I did it...I felt Quintesence...flow..."
She said before she screamed again.

"The tree of life can be seen as a series of pathways, it is in essence the movement of energies within us...the energies that we draw through circulate. And that is what the ritual of the pentagram can help us to do...the quintessence you feel is the movement of the energy, and that is how it should feel. Cleansing...sometimes, energies from without clog you...or your own energies  become upset and unstable, and returning to their natural flow and ebb and interchange as a daily meditation is useful for assisting that..."

"Well now that is quite a compliment, Master Ir is quite skilled."
Cita said then she sigh and nodded.
"Yes he will have a scar, not from this the missing pieces are merging perfectly into her Avatar and will heal in place seamlessly but where he had allmost been cut in two, where I had to sutur him back up there he will have a scar, I am afraid there is nothing I can do about that, I am sorry."
Cita said and shook her head.

"Thank you," he said to Cita. "I know that could not have been easy to do..."

Amadeus took Beatrice into his arms gently and supported her head against his shoulder as he checked on her wrists and healed where she had scraped them against the cuffs during the operation, then he gently wrapped her up in a blanket and held her carefully.
"Shhh Bee it is over now, rest child you will be okey."
He muttered to Beatrice and then looked at you and nodded.
"I hate seeing her in pain."

"Me too."

"I gave her the painkiller before I started Adley."
Cita said and sigh.
"That is why we had to wait with this ritual until we had created that, she woud have been to weak to survive otherwise, perations on the Avatar are extremely painful unfortunately, however now that those pieces are in place she should hurt allot less and I will give her another dose in a little while, it might be able to take the rest of what pain she is feeling now leaving only tiredness."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.
"As for the object mentioned if it will not cause her any stress you can try, but she needs rest, she was already tired and weak and this have worn her out."

He frowned. "She will feel better then, spiritually?" he sounded relieved, to go through such a thing...but then when she woke up she would feel better. Thank gods.

Amadeus nodded he had wrapped Beatrice in a blanket and he gently placed her in your arms, the young Verbena where sleeping now, her breath was even but she looked completely exhausted.
"You do have a calming effect on her Mr Roth Hicks so it is worth a shot to see if you can keep her calm and sleeping."
He nodded to Adley, "You do that... I have other obligations, as well... I must go to the next point on the itinerary, much as I would like to stay and comfort her."

"I wish I could stay longer," he said, with a frown. "But I have a small while I think." He took her and gave her a hug, gently so as to not wake her and felt a prickle of tears in his eyes. He closed them and took a deep breath. "I have a meeting that I must attend to soon, amicus if you could do me a favor and help me set that appointment for half an hour from now, barring the arrival of certain people? Timing is tricky and I don't want to miss our opportunity. I just need you to make a phone call for me or let him know if you see him, then confirm with me please. Thanks." He opened his phone and carefully showed him Master Tolle's number.

"Just make sure that it is not something that will put any strain on her for right now Beatrice needs to rest."
Cita warned in a tired tone of voice.
He nodded, "No, I suppose we ought to leave the pine cone for later. The impression on the poor girl in Chicago was strong; we should not risk that just yet. Let her heal first."

"Sounds like you could use some, also," he said to her. Then he nodded at Colin. "I have it, and we will sit for a little while at least, and perhaps that will be enough for now. There's a time for action and change and one for rest and I think she needs the latter..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:14 pm

[Adley and Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

Colin nodded, "Well, even if I don't generally have much spending money, I do have a few sources of extra income - even a bit for Anna herself. I'm sure some people here will be willing to chip in a little in exchange for copies of parts of Anna's library, for example."

"A library? Well this is a Chantry and to embrace a stereotype, mages like books."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.

He shook his head, "No, but I think they would want to harm me. And really, we can't have that, can we?"

"Would you have Truth hurt in order to prevent them from using it to hurt you?"
Beatrice asked and sigh.

He sighed, "I know it hurts, but this is going to make it better... to let you heal as you should. We all need healing, in one way or another..."

"I....I want my Avatar to heal I do but I am so scared."
The young Verbena wept.

He nodded, "That's perhaps our advantage compared to the Union - we draw power from emotional attachments to get greater results, where the Union has more consistent effects, with less ability to go that extra mile..."

Beatrice nodded at that.
"You might be right Colin, their magick is a science but ours is an art."
She whispered.

He shook his head, "I don't think they can afford to do so - the precedent is too strong in your favour. That, at least, is a positive side of the rather conservative bent of the Traditions' legal system."

"The reason why the ritual was stipped was that the bloody bastard Tolle who is a damned walking encyclopedia of Tradition law considered the precedent and that the ritual by that where unlawful, no one will harm you again child and if anyone tried to sentence you to something like that I will kill you myself to protect you."
Amadeus said and Beatrice sobbed and shook her head.
"No Mentor you need to care for Miss Florentine if...she is the first hos of your Copanion Avatar."
She whimpered she was calming down but she was still scared.

He nodded thoughtfully, "So that aspect of the future remains unchanged... Hum... No matter, there is plenty of time still."

Cita gave you a confused look.
"I am afraid I do not understand Mr Wainwright your future visions again?"

"Do not worry Mr Wainwright for now she needs rest, she will be sleeping for hours, she will need you more in the days and weeks to come as she recovers than right now."
Cita said to Colin.

He nodded, "I would like to show my respects. Please let me know of the time and date. I'm... guessing she will be set to nurture the tree?"

"She will be given to nurture the tree yes and her branch will be carved into small keepsakes for the Coven. I will let you know when the funeral will be held."
Amadeus said sadly.
"And thank you."

He sighed softly, getting to his feet, and laid a hand gently on Cita's shoulder, "Thank you, Cita... Between Tobias and Beatrice, you've truly been the hero of the day."

"Oh I ddon't know about that, I help out where I can Mr Wainwright, but thank you for giving me the information I needed to save Tobias."
Cita said and smiled.

"I have been," he said, touched she would be worrying about him at a time like that.

Beatrice gave you a concerned look and nodded.
"Just get better my brother."
She said softly.

Somehow, he dropped into full lecture mode. It was probably good for him as well, it was hard to see her suffering and yet she seemed to be paying attention to what he was saying. "The addition of Kabbalah into hermetic thought didn't happen until much later...there was and to a degree still is a lot of synectrism that went on during that time as scholars and mystics tried to learn all they could from different sources, including mystery schools and ancient traditions, as they travelled throughout the world as they knew it. As Christianity became a stronger belief, the older Jewish tradtional aspects were adapted or overwritten, depending on your view of it and of course there was the Dark Ages...after that, though the Zohar and the Book of Splendor were written and these two books became highly influential as a foundation for modern Kabbalah. As more scholars developed their own thoughts in the 15th century, they looked back at Greek writings and included Pythagorean, Neo-Platonic and Orphic nuances to their own writings and interpretations, and kept developing the Christian themes that we see today, including the use of Divine Names and later Adam Kadom. However, much like alchemy, which was developing alongside it, the foundation of what would be the banishing ritual was slowly formalized over time until the 18th centuries when masonic lodges began to form. This is the Sleeper view of it of course, but the writings that are known today from that period are important in that they set down the concepts of theurgy and some of them also used the story of the Fall of Man to discuss how to reintegrate with the divine within the self. The tree of life's original Hebrew prayer as you cross yourself is foundational in that it presents the divine within your microcosm witin the greater macrocosm, the energy centers that are within you that vibrate at the different planes of reality - these also can be called by their Hebrew names but you already know them as the material plane and the spiritual plane, for example. The idea that this energy that we have within us and that across the boundaries of our bodies and personal spirits is connected and may be changed and moved are basic hermetic principles, that which above is below....the more that you consider the ritual from the basis of those principles, the more it unveils to the seeker why those images and sounds may have been used..."

Beatrice where in to much pain to reply but now and then between her screams she opened her eyes and regarded you, she was listening to what you had to say, she found it facinating enough to let it distract her from her suffering, how much she would remember where unclear but at least she was listening and your lecture where helping her through the operation.

"The tree of life can be seen as a series of pathways, it is in essence the movement of energies within us...the energies that we draw through circulate. And that is what the ritual of the pentagram can help us to do...the quintessence you feel is the movement of the energy, and that is how it should feel. Cleansing...sometimes, energies from without clog you...or your own energies become upset and unstable, and returning to their natural flow and ebb and interchange as a daily meditation is useful for assisting that..."

"I...I will...remember it...and do the banishing ritual...when I can use magick again..."
Beatrice managed weakly before she screamed again she looked at you as you spoke, your voice reaching her past her suffering, fear and pain and calming her down at least a little.

"Thank you," he said to Cita. "I know that could not have been easy to do..."

"No it was not easy, but now the working is complete."
Cita said and nodded.

"Me too."

"Hopefully we can keep her from further suffering in the future."
Amadeus said with a concerned look at his apprentice.

He frowned. "She will feel better then, spiritually?" he sounded relieved, to go through such a thing...but then when she woke up she would feel better. Thank gods.

"Her Avatar is now complete, the wounds have to heal but it is complete so yes she will be considerably better when she wakes up, in a few weeks time she should be able to get out of bed, in a month or two work magick without pain, we can remove the restraints now, if she panics and casts a spell it will hurt like hell but it will no longer damage her Avatar."
Cita confirmed.
"And she is no longer in so much pain it threathns her life, she is going to be okey Mr Roth Hicks, she will be ok with time and care."

(OOC: Warp since these posts take me over an hour to write now we have to wait with starting another scene until we have wrapped the current one up.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven 7 30 in the evening.)

"Nah, it's all right. This happens every couple of days. I'm used to it. Glad I'm able to use my illusions for something." Serge said although he did go to the chair Rosa pointed to have his hand checked.

"It is just strain, like I said I get these strains as well but that is no reason not to deal with it."
She said and she took some oil on her fingers and held out her hand for yours.
"Let me apply some of this oil it will help with the soreness."
The young Cultist said.

Serge grabbed it and layed it next to to the red book he had gotten from the Primus."Didn't expect to be given so many books today. Which one do you think I should read first?" Serge asked Rosa as she checked his hand.

Rosa glanced at your books and smiled.
"The one on runes Cousin after all runes you can apply to your drawings, I think you will enjoy that the most."
She adviced.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'Not at all. In fact, it'll increases my chances of being picked up in a bar, as long as I don't mind it's by another woman. Or perhaps Home Depot.' Nicole replied, lighting a cigarette.

"I am afraid I do not understand what one's car have to do with what date one manage to get when out on the town."
Fran said and she looked rather confused, clearly not seeing her care as anything other than a practical tool for transportation.

(OOC: I hope I have not missed anything anyone have written, this is a long post written on a hot computer so my focus is not the best, point it out to me please if I have missed anything.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:52 pm

"A library? Well this is a Chantry and to embrace a stereotype, mages like books."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
Colin smiled, "True enough - I was lucky to pick up an apprentice with a highly valuable library, as it happens. Her previous Mentor may have been a monster, but in that regard, he spoiled her rotten."

"Would you have Truth hurt in order to prevent them from using it to hurt you?"
Beatrice asked and sigh.
He shook his head, "Not at all. The specific Quaesitors, though... well, I'd prefer to combat them through legal means as far as possible, but if needs must be..."

"I....I want my Avatar to heal I do but I am so scared."
The young Verbena wept.
He stroked her gently, "It's alright to be scared... We all get scared... We can't get better until we acknowledge that, and deal with it, and running away is not the way to deal with it."

Beatrice nodded at that.
"You might be right Colin, their magick is a science but ours is an art."
She whispered.
He smiled, "Somewhere between art and craft, perhaps. A bit of experimentation, a lot of practice and repetition, but none of the sterile, soulless assembly line methods..."

"The reason why the ritual was stipped was that the bloody bastard Tolle who is a damned walking encyclopedia of Tradition law considered the precedent and that the ritual by that where unlawful, no one will harm you again child and if anyone tried to sentence you to something like that I will kill you myself to protect you."
Amadeus said and Beatrice sobbed and shook her head.
"No Mentor you need to care for Miss Florentine if...she is the first hos of your Copanion Avatar."
She whimpered she was calming down but she was still scared.
He frowned, "Master Tolle is not the bastard here; the bastard would be the one who wanted to finish the damned thing despite the legal precedent. But Beatrice is right, Amadeus, you cannot throw yourself away like that even if things should turn sour... Besides, her retrial will be about two months from now, if I recall correctly, and she'll still be here, hale and hearty, by New Year's..."

Cita gave you a confused look.
"I am afraid I do not understand Mr Wainwright your future visions again?"
He nodded, "In short, yes - but the details are unsuited for this conversation. Suffice to say, that was twenty years in the future."

"Do not worry Mr Wainwright for now she needs rest, she will be sleeping for hours, she will need you more in the days and weeks to come as she recovers than right now."
Cita said to Colin.
He smiled, "In the days and weeks to come as she recovers... You might not appreciate how soothing that sentence is. But yes, I will be coming by with a few good meals and other comfort items in between my other duties."

"She will be given to nurture the tree yes and her branch will be carved into small keepsakes for the Coven. I will let you know when the funeral will be held."
Amadeus said sadly.
"And thank you."
He nodded, "Despite my trying, I was unable to prevent all losses on our side... as hard as I tried, it was still not quite good enough..."

"Oh I ddon't know about that, I help out where I can Mr Wainwright, but thank you for giving me the information I needed to save Tobias."
Cita said and smiled.
He grinned, "I met him on my way down - he seems to be in improving health, and quite grateful, too... And more importantly, there's now a known working treatment for advanced cases of vampire blood poisoning."

"I wish I could stay longer," he said, with a frown. "But I have a small while I think." He took her and gave her a hug, gently so as to not wake her and felt a prickle of tears in his eyes. He closed them and took a deep breath. "I have a meeting that I must attend to soon, amicus if you could do me a favor and help me set that appointment for half an hour from now, barring the arrival of certain people? Timing is tricky and I don't want to miss our opportunity. I just need you to make a phone call for me or let him know if you see him, then confirm with me please. Thanks." He opened his phone and carefully showed him Master Tolle's number.
He nodded, "I've got something I should tell him, too - I will swing by the common room on the way up and let him know."
He quickly added Tolle's number to his own phone, "Also, thank you, I didn't have his number already, I think."

"Sounds like you could use some, also," he said to her. Then he nodded at Colin. "I have it, and we will sit for a little while at least, and perhaps that will be enough for now. There's a time for action and change and one for rest and I think she needs the latter..."
He nodded, "I could, and I will get some rest, soon enough... Hold on to it, and we'll speak later."

((OOC: Quite alright - I understand completely in this bleh weather. You know where Colin goes first afterwards, in any case. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:25 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave Fran a sidewards glance, then a little sigh. 'Stereotype Subaru owner; outdoorsy type or gay girl. Already cause too many "false positives" on radars as it is, I do. 'Tis why I never wear plaid.' A short silence before continuing.

'Does the Chief know I'm back yet? Or what happened to that Mirrorshade we found?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Beatrice gave you a concerned look and nodded.
"Just get better my brother."
She said softly.

"I find myself saying what I need to hear or do myself, sometimes. Perhaps we share that," he said with a very faint smile.

"I...I will...remember it...and do the banishing ritual...when I can use magick again..."
Beatrice managed weakly before she screamed again she looked at you as you spoke, your voice reaching her past her suffering, fear and pain and calming her down at least a little.

"Yes, you will..." he agreed. He frowned a little, and took up another segue of the same topic, adding in more detail about the use of acronyms and what could be meaning and points of view regarding pronunciation and vibrations of sounds, the Etz Hayim as a symbol of the tree and how it was first conceptualized and expanded upon by Luria's student, about triads of energies. The benefit of being an instructor was that he could lecture at length, perhaps overlong even, but in the face of raw suffering it was hard...this was not the sort of audience that he had ever expected or wanted to have. He hoped that Mia was still singing; for after all it was experiencing all of this and the memory of a soul was long.

"Her Avatar is now complete, the wounds have to heal but it is complete so yes she will be considerably better when she wakes up, in a few weeks time she should be able to get out of bed, in a month or two work magick without pain, we can remove the restraints now, if she panics and casts a spell it will hurt like hell but it will no longer damage her Avatar."
Cita confirmed.
"And she is no longer in so much pain it threathns her life, she is going to be okey Mr Roth Hicks, she will be ok with time and care."

"Thank the gods," he sighed. "And thank you, as well. So...should we take these cuffs off of her then?" he asked. "I don't want her to panic and hurt herself but she might feel better with that sense of connection returned..."

He nodded, "I've got something I should tell him, too - I will swing by the common room on the way up and let him know."
He quickly added Tolle's number to his own phone, "Also, thank you, I didn't have his number already, I think."

"That would be good, I don't want to call him from down here but I don't want him to leave before I've had a chance to speak with him either. Thank you. Let him know I will call him and of course be careful with that number."

e nodded, "I could, and I will get some rest, soon enough... Hold on to it, and we'll speak later."

"Alright. We'll have a lot to talk about...until then please be safe, amicus." He nodded to him and then settled back a bit, arms around Beatrice. At least he'd had some rest and could manage the complex array of emotions that he felt better than he would have, but it would still take a few moments to get into a meditative state of mind. Since he had been discussing it, the tree of life seemed most appropriate to use, and by his proximity he hoped that Beatrice would be able to benefit as it seems she had been in the past.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 am

"It is just strain, like I said I get these strains as well but that is no reason not to deal with it."
She said and she took some oil on her fingers and held out her hand for yours.
"Let me apply some of this oil it will help with the soreness."
The young Cultist said.

"That would be awesome. Thanks Rosa." Serge said as he relaxed his hand into Rosa's and let her apply the oil to his sore wrist.

Rosa glanced at your books and smiled.
"The one on runes Cousin after all runes you can apply to your drawings, I think you will enjoy that the most."
She adviced.

"That's what I was thinking as well. Plus I got it first. Might as well read them now while I have the chance. " Serge said as he opened the book up with his one remaining hand. He angled it in a way that allowed Rosa to read along, if she wanted too.

He turned to he first page and began to skim through the books contents wondering what sorts of things would be held within its pages.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:57 am

Colin smiled, "True enough - I was lucky to pick up an apprentice with a highly valuable library, as it happens. Her previous Mentor may have been a monster, but in that regard, he spoiled her rotten."

"At least then you have a source of income for your apprentice, and it wuld have been harder to train her if her old Mentor had abused her and not spoiled her."
Beatrice said and smiled.

He shook his head, "Not at all. The specific Quaesitors, though... well, I'd prefer to combat them through legal means as far as possible, but if needs must be..."

"We will all help protect you from whoever there Quesitors are."
Beatrice said and she frowned she did not like Quesitors much right now.

He stroked her gently, "It's alright to be scared... We all get scared... We can't get better until we acknowledge that, and deal with it, and running away is not the way to deal with it."

"I guess you are right Colin...I...I am the protector of my Avatar it is my duty to do whatever needs to be done to keep him safe and thriving...but I am so...afraid."
The young Verbena sobbed softly.

He smiled, "Somewhere between art and craft, perhaps. A bit of experimentation, a lot of practice and repetition, but none of the sterile, soulless assembly line methods..."

Beatrice nodded at that.
"You are probably right about that Colin, it is an art and an craft but it is not just science."
She said and Cita nodded.
"No not even technomancer magick within the Traditions are just science, then again neither are the magick of the Union even if they like to pretend that it is."

He frowned, "Master Tolle is not the bastard here; the bastard would be the one who wanted to finish the damned thing despite the legal precedent. But Beatrice is right, Amadeus, you cannot throw yourself away like that even if things should turn sour... Besides, her retrial will be about two months from now, if I recall correctly, and she'll still be here, hale and hearty, by New Year's..."

"Perhaps you are right Mr Wainwright but he still...well let us not discuss that right now."
Amadeus said then he nodded.
"I hope you are right, however I can not let Beatrice...be hurt again..."
He said bitterly.

He nodded, "In short, yes - but the details are unsuited for this conversation. Suffice to say, that was twenty years in the future."

Cita just nodded at that.

He smiled, "In the days and weeks to come as she recovers... You might not appreciate how soothing that sentence is. But yes, I will be coming by with a few good meals and other comfort items in between my other duties."

I am sure Beatrice will appriciate that Mr Wainwright, the girl is as fond of you as she would be of a favored uncle. Today she should probably be given simple meals, when someone have gotten such a shock it is often best not to overload their senses for a while, but after that I am sure she would appriciate some treats."
The Spirit Healer said and smiled.

He nodded, "Despite my trying, I was unable to prevent all losses on our side... as hard as I tried, it was still not quite good enough..."

"It is not your fault Mr Wainwright we all did our best to protect one another and none of us expected to get out of this with no...losses."
Amadeus said sadly.

He grinned, "I met him on my way down - he seems to be in improving health, and quite grateful, too... And more importantly, there's now a known working treatment for advanced cases of vampire blood poisoning."

"There is off course the problem with adiction so Tobias will have to be kept away from any vampires so I have recomended he be sent to Horizon but yes there is a cure and it worked so thank you."
Cita said and smiled.

"I find myself saying what I need to hear or do myself, sometimes. Perhaps we share that," he said with a very faint smile.

"It seams that we do Adley."
Beatrice said with a faint smile.

"Yes, you will..." he agreed. He frowned a little, and took up another segue of the same topic, adding in more detail about the use of acronyms and what could be meaning and points of view regarding pronunciation and vibrations of sounds, the Etz Hayim as a symbol of the tree and how it was first conceptualized and expanded upon by Luria's student, about triads of energies. The benefit of being an instructor was that he could lecture at length, perhaps overlong even, but in the face of raw suffering it was hard...this was not the sort of audience that he had ever expected or wanted to have. He hoped that Mia was still singing; for after all it was experiencing all of this and the memory of a soul was long.

Beatrice paid attention to what you where saying as well as she could, she where in allot of pain and screamed and convulsed but between her screams she seamed to pay attention to what you where saying and your lecture seamed to comfort her.

"Thank the gods," he sighed. "And thank you, as well. So...should we take these cuffs off of her then?" he asked. "I don't want her to panic and hurt herself but she might feel better with that sense of connection returned..."

Cita nodded.
"Yes we can remove them now it should make her more comfortable. Earlier we had to restrict her magick as she would panic and try to use it and that could have damaged her wounded soul but now while such an attemnt would hurt it should do no damage."
The spirit healer said.
"Do you have the keys Adley?"

and then settled back a bit, arms around Beatrice. At least he'd had some rest and could manage the complex array of emotions that he felt better than he would have, but it would still take a few moments to get into a meditative state of mind. Since he had been discussing it, the tree of life seemed most appropriate to use, and by his proximity he hoped that Beatrice would be able to benefit as it seems she had been in the past.

You sat down and after some time to settle your emotions and mind managed to meditate on the Tree of Life, as you meditated you could feel your Avatar replenishing itself in the soft flow of Quintessence of the Node. When the meditation where complete you did feel calmer and more relaxed and looking down at Beatrice she seamed peaceful, her breath where even and deep and she seamed to be sleeping deeply, she did not seam to be in pain for the first time since the ritual was attempted on her and she was just resting.

(OOC: Meditating in a Node Adley can now refull his Quintessence points up to his Avatar rating, and he gets one Willpower point back.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30)

"That would be awesome. Thanks Rosa." Serge said as he relaxed his hand into Rosa's and let her apply the oil to his sore wrist.

Rosa smiled and gently massaged some of the oil into your wrist and up your hand, the oil had a musky smell and had a soothing effect on tired muscles.

"That's what I was thinking as well. Plus I got it first. Might as well read them now while I have the chance. " Serge said as he opened the book up with his one remaining hand. He angled it in a way that allowed Rosa to read along, if she wanted too.

He turned to he first page and began to skim through the books contents wondering what sorts of things would be held within its pages.

The book contained information of the Elder Futark runes, historical referances, information of archelogical finds where they had been used, pictures of old rune monuments and a section on rune magik. Rosa looked at the book as well as she finished up with your hand and then put the lid on the oil bottle again.
"Let that draw into the skin."
She said and then she looked at the girls playing with Strawberry. Anna was getting tired you saw and she had to get up and sit down in te sofa holding her chest. Yu Die let the younger girls play and went over to Anna to keep her company.

Nicole gave Fran a sidewards glance, then a little sigh. 'Stereotype Subaru owner; outdoorsy type or gay girl. Already cause too many "false positives" on radars as it is, I do. 'Tis why I never wear plaid.' A short silence before continuing.

"Ah I see...well I guess Subarus are practical cars."
Fran said and nodded.
"When I bought my current car I just went for the newest black car I could afford."
The Euthanathos said and grinned a little.

'Does the Chief know I'm back yet? Or what happened to that Mirrorshade we found?'

"I think he was informed yes."
Fran said and nodded.
"But I could send him a text message just to be sure."
She offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:37 pm

"At least then you have a source of income for your apprentice, and it wuld have been harder to train her if her old Mentor had abused her and not spoiled her."
Colin frowned, "Yes... she's not without psychological scars, though, but at least her Mentor, while strict with enforcing study time, protected her like she was his own flesh and blood."

"We will all help protect you from whoever there Quesitors are."
Beatrice said and she frowned she did not like Quesitors much right now.
He nodded, then smiled wryly, "A united front, is it?"

"I guess you are right Colin...I...I am the protector of my Avatar it is my duty to do whatever needs to be done to keep him safe and thriving...but I am so...afraid."
The young Verbena sobbed softly.
He nodded, "It's alright to be afraid; own that, take control of it... and know that you're not alone... not alone in the fear, not alone in this room. Soon, you'll have your magic back, and then your freedom."

Beatrice nodded at that.
"You are probably right about that Colin, it is an art and an craft but it is not just science."
She said and Cita nodded.
"No not even technomancer magick within the Traditions are just science, then again neither are the magick of the Union even if they like to pretend that it is."
He nodded, "I'll grant that the Union's methods are consistent and predictable, but even their healing methods are... sterile, lifeless, and not always even ethical. And while a part of me will probably always be grateful for their dissemination of their methods among Sleepers, I'll resist their philosophy with my every breath."

"Perhaps you are right Mr Wainwright but he still...well let us not discuss that right now."
Amadeus said then he nodded.
"I hope you are right, however I can not let Beatrice...be hurt again..."
He said bitterly.
He nodded, then frowned, ever so briefly, "Well, whatever Beatrice will need, I'm sure you'll never want for volunteers to help..."

I am sure Beatrice will appriciate that Mr Wainwright, the girl is as fond of you as she would be of a favored uncle. Today she should probably be given simple meals, when someone have gotten such a shock it is often best not to overload their senses for a while, but after that I am sure she would appriciate some treats."
The Spirit Healer said and smiled.
He smiled, "A small serving of sweet fruit pudding should be quite alright, I think, in a day or two... and hearty English cooking can be remarkably hearty without being excessively flavoured. But of course, I will defer to Master Nassa's judgment on that, as the senior healer among us."

"It is not your fault Mr Wainwright we all did our best to protect one another and none of us expected to get out of this with no...losses."
Amadeus said sadly.
He nodded, "All the same, there was information I could have passed back to myself before the strikes, that could have helped prevent just one or two more deaths... I know the hospital team got around Jace's gas, and managed to disable him with the biological link he'd created... so I do wonder what the hell he had left. A HIT-Mark or something concealed as an anatomy doll in the office?"

"There is off course the problem with adiction so Tobias will have to be kept away from any vampires so I have recomended he be sent to Horizon but yes there is a cure and it worked so thank you."
Cita said and smiled.
He grinned, "Once I've got my little spell registered and patented, you and I will have to work out the descriptions for your application of it. Since I will be disseminating it through the Paradigma, having the added sample application of such a procedure included would be a great asset."
He frowned, "I suggested to him that it may well be possible, but do you think it likely he'll be allowed to keep in touch with Mr. Lenoe, if only by mail, once he gets to Horizon?"

"That would be good, I don't want to call him from down here but I don't want him to leave before I've had a chance to speak with him either. Thank you. Let him know I will call him and of course be careful with that number."
He nodded, "Will do."

"Alright. We'll have a lot to talk about...until then please be safe, amicus." He nodded to him and then settled back a bit, arms around Beatrice.
He grinned wryly, "Whenever did you know me not to stay safe? And don't answer that; it was a rhetorical question."
He shook his head, his expression turning more sober, "But you know how it is, I don't simply drop my guard just because things appear quiet - even if I move into harm's way to prevent others from being hurt. Besides, I even have a few aces up my sleeve that aren't immediately obvious that I should even know about... such as this."
He raised his Parma for a few moments so Adley might see, then lowered it again, "And Adley... you stay safe, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Colin frowned, "Yes... she's not without psychological scars, though, but at least her Mentor, while strict with enforcing study time, protected her like she was his own flesh and blood."

"No I can imagine that it have not been easy to grow up in a Labyrinth but I hope she will be ok and adjust to life in the Traditions well."

He nodded, then smiled wryly, "A united front, is it?"

"Yes we are a Cabal are we not Colin, we can not let one of us to be attacked."

He nodded, "It's alright to be afraid; own that, take control of it... and know that you're not alone... not alone in the fear, not alone in this room. Soon, you'll have your magic back, and then your freedom."

"You think I will be able to use magick again Colin?"
Beatrice asked as she looked at you.
"And I know I am not alone, you and my Mentor and Adley and Master Telar and the others have helped me since...since...well you know."
She whispered.

He nodded, "I'll grant that the Union's methods are consistent and predictable, but even their healing methods are... sterile, lifeless, and not always even ethical. And while a part of me will probably always be grateful for their dissemination of their methods among Sleepers, I'll resist their philosophy with my every breath."

Cita nodded at that.
"The Union's ways have their place and if they had been conentet to practice it and teaching sleepers that would be fine by me but they try to stomp out all other sorts of magick and that can not be allowed to stand."
The Spirit Healer said firmly.

He nodded, then frowned, ever so briefly, "Well, whatever Beatrice will need, I'm sure you'll never want for volunteers to help..."

"That I know but if her re sentencing go...badly there are things she will need I can not ask of another."
Amadeus muttered darkly and Beatrice whimpered nervousy.
"But let us drop this topic for now Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"It scares her."

He smiled, "A small serving of sweet fruit pudding should be quite alright, I think, in a day or two... and hearty English cooking can be remarkably hearty without being excessively flavoured. But of course, I will defer to Master Nassa's judgment on that, as the senior healer among us."

Amadeus nodded at that.
"It sounds fine. We do not know if she will be sensitive to have her senses overwealmed but she was earlier but I hope that will soon pass."
The old Verbena said and nodded.
"And then I am sure she would appriciate some treats."

He nodded, "All the same, there was information I could have passed back to myself before the strikes, that could have helped prevent just one or two more deaths... I know the hospital team got around Jace's gas, and managed to disable him with the biological link he'd created... so I do wonder what the hell he had left. A HIT-Mark or something concealed as an anatomy doll in the office?"

"I am told he had created a golem that rose out of him when he was knocked out, a horrid being of great speed and power, it was this being that killed Raven and nearly killed two other magi as well, Mr Rot Hicks was part of that mission though so he might be able to tell you more about it."
Amadeus said and he frowned deeply.

He grinned, "Once I've got my little spell registered and patented, you and I will have to work out the descriptions for your application of it. Since I will be disseminating it through the Paradigma, having the added sample application of such a procedure included would be a great asset."

Cita nodded at that.
"Once things calm down here I would be happy to write up a description of the working I and Mr Karyak did to save young Mr Wagner, for when you publish your rote."
The Virtual Adept offered.

He frowned, "I suggested to him that it may well be possible, but do you think it likely he'll be allowed to keep in touch with Mr. Lenoe, if only by mail, once he gets to Horizon?"

"Perhaps in the beginning to let him transition more softly, it will be up to his new Mentor, one have been found for him, however as mr Wagner's new Mentor are a Hermetic I doubt he will be allowed to have contact with a vampire for long as it would be against their Code."
Cita said and frowned.

He raised his Parma for a few moments so Adley might see, then lowered it again, "And Adley... you stay safe, too."

Amadeus glanced at you and raised an eyebrow, since he was a complete reincarnation of a member of House Diedne he would know the old version of the Parma Magica, he said nothing though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:19 pm

The book contained information of the Elder Futark runes, historical referances, information of archelogical finds where they had been used, pictures of old rune monuments and a section on rune magik. Rosa looked at the book as well as she finished up with your hand and then put the lid on the oil bottle again.
"Let that draw into the skin."
She said and then she looked at the girls playing with Strawberry. Anna was getting tired you saw and she had to get up and sit down in te sofa holding her chest. Yu Die let the younger girls play and went over to Anna to keep her company.

"Those two seem like they'll be good friends." Serge commented to Rosa looking up from his book slightly. He would've gone over to check that Anna was ok but decided to let Anna and Yu Die have some alone time getting to know each other. Instead he just went back to looking through his book, interested in the stories of the Runes and especially on the section of rune magick.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Beatrice nodded at that. "You are probably right about that Colin, it is an art and an craft but it is not just science." She said and Cita nodded. "No not even technomancer magick within the Traditions are just science, then again neither are the magick of the Union even if they like to pretend that it is."
"The Union's ways have their place and if they had been conentet to practice it and teaching sleepers that would be fine by me but they try to stomp out all other sorts of magick and that can not be allowed to stand."The Spirit Healer said firmly.

"There is a difference between finding reliable methods that you can use and being an automaton. Even within the Order we all have our...personal touch, as it were, but we might be able to use the same basic core methods or even the same exact spell or ritual. But if you lose flexibility, then you risk becoming brittle or losing some of your vast potential to create new things, like they did since they deny the impact of the spiritual realms. Plus, I'd rather not be on their hitlist for knowing otherwise."

"I am told he had created a golem that rose out of him when he was knocked out, a horrid being of great speed and power, it was this being that killed Raven and nearly killed two other magi as well, Mr Rot Hicks was part of that mission though so he might be able to tell you more about it."

"Not that I saw. The thing was a creation of his mind or spirit or a combination, I believe. Disconcertingly, it looked like a girl. It was a security system that only activated when he was knocked out. It was literally made from parts of him, I think I heard at some point and that would not surprise me, as he was a Progenitor before he Fell. I admit to have been a bit busy to scrutinize the details of how such a thing was possible, but when I was given the chance to use the serum on him to block his magick, the security system inactivated."

"Perhaps in the beginning to let him transition more softly, it will be up to his new Mentor, one have been found for him, however as mr Wagner's new Mentor are a Hermetic I doubt he will be allowed to have contact with a vampire for long as it would be against their Code."
Cita said and frowned.

"It is unlikely that he would be allowed to talk to a vampire if he is going to take a Hermetic mentor...but it may be allowed until he swears the Code if his mentor allows it, but..." he tipped his head.

Cita nodded."Yes we can remove them now it should make her more comfortable. Earlier we had to restrict her magick as she would panic and try to use it and that could have damaged her wounded soul but now while such an attemnt would hurt it should do no damage."
The spirit healer said. "Do you have the keys Adley?"

"Unfortunately no, but I can see if I can get them or someone with them down to take them off."

He grinned wryly, "Whenever did you know me not to stay safe? And don't answer that; it was a rhetorical question."

He gave Colin a look.

He shook his head, his expression turning more sober, "But you know how it is, I don't simply drop my guard just because things appear quiet - even if I move into harm's way to prevent others from being hurt. Besides, I even have a few aces up my sleeve that aren't immediately obvious that I should even know about... such as this."He raised his Parma for a few moments so Adley might see, then lowered it again, "And Adley... you stay safe, too."
Amadeus glanced at you and raised an eyebrow, since he was a complete reincarnation of a member of House Diedne he would know the old version of the Parma Magica, he said nothing though.

"Who...no, don't tell me..." he started, looking surprised, then narrowed his eyes a little as he scrutinized it. "You beat me to learning that...! You might want to keep that under your sleeve until you need it..."

You sat down and after some time to settle your emotions and mind managed to meditate on the Tree of Life, as you meditated you could feel your Avatar replenishing itself in the soft flow of Quintessence of the Node. When the meditation where complete you did feel calmer and more relaxed and looking down at Beatrice she seamed peaceful, her breath where even and deep and she seamed to be sleeping deeply, she did not seam to be in pain for the first time since the ritual was attempted on her and she was just resting.

After a little while he opened his eyes again and looked down at Beatrice. He gave her a hug and looked over at Master Nassa. "I don't know if I was really of any help or I just needed to give her a hug," he admitted. "But she seems like she's actually sleeping now. Here, I don't want to wake her, can you help me?" he asked, wanting to shift her back.

// nice! Thank you

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:36 pm

"No I can imagine that it have not been easy to grow up in a Labyrinth but I hope she will be ok and adjust to life in the Traditions well."
Colin grinned, "Oh, she'll have a very good influence to adjust, actually. I believe the two are getting to know one another right now, in fact."

He nodded, "Ever in the defense of one another, and of the Light."

"You think I will be able to use magick again Colin?"
Beatrice asked as she looked at you.
"And I know I am not alone, you and my Mentor and Adley and Master Telar and the others have helped me since...since...well you know."
She whispered.
He smiled, "I know you will. I don't know how soon it will be comfortable for you, but you will, soon enough."

Cita nodded at that.
"The Union's ways have their place and if they had been conentet to practice it and teaching sleepers that would be fine by me but they try to stomp out all other sorts of magick and that can not be allowed to stand."
The Spirit Healer said firmly.
"There is a difference between finding reliable methods that you can use and being an automaton. Even within the Order we all have our...personal touch, as it were, but we might be able to use the same basic core methods or even the same exact spell or ritual. But if you lose flexibility, then you risk becoming brittle or losing some of your vast potential to create new things, like they did since they deny the impact of the spiritual realms. Plus, I'd rather not be on their hitlist for knowing otherwise."
He sighed softly, "I'm afraid we're on their hit list anyway, but I suppose that is fair in war..."

"That I know but if her re sentencing go...badly there are things she will need I can not ask of another."
Amadeus muttered darkly and Beatrice whimpered nervousy.
"But let us drop this topic for now Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"It scares her."
He nodded, "Quite. Whatever protection she'll need, we'll be able to provide it. I have faith in a better future for us all."

Amadeus nodded at that.
"It sounds fine. We do not know if she will be sensitive to have her senses overwealmed but she was earlier but I hope that will soon pass."
The old Verbena said and nodded.
"And then I am sure she would appriciate some treats."
He smiled, "Best avoid the cheap fast food, though - she'll need wholesome nutrition, not just fillers."

"Not that I saw. The thing was a creation of his mind or spirit or a combination, I believe. Disconcertingly, it looked like a girl. It was a security system that only activated when he was knocked out. It was literally made from parts of him, I think I heard at some point and that would not surprise me, as he was a Progenitor before he Fell. I admit to have been a bit busy to scrutinize the details of how such a thing was possible, but when I was given the chance to use the serum on him to block his magick, the security system inactivated."
He frowned, "Bugger, something like that ooze-man thing he used to attack the Chantry with earlier? I should have been informed about that... well, perhaps there'll be another chance in another set of timelines."

Cita nodded at that.
"Once things calm down here I would be happy to write up a description of the working I and Mr Karyak did to save young Mr Wagner, for when you publish your rote."
The Virtual Adept offered.
He nodded, "And let's not forget a copy of the work for Master Ir - he was most intrigued by the prospect."

Cita said and frowned.
"It is unlikely that he would be allowed to talk to a vampire if he is going to take a Hermetic mentor...but it may be allowed until he swears the Code if his mentor allows it, but..." he tipped his head.
He nodded thoughtfully, "So he might get to write a letter or two, but little more than that... Hum, perhaps we should get him pen and paper before he leaves, then."

He gave Colin a look.
He chuckled softly.

"Who...no, don't tell me..." he started, looking surprised, then narrowed his eyes a little as he scrutinized it. "You beat me to learning that...! You might want to keep that under your sleeve until you need it..."
He nodded, "No present Hermetic taught me - and I don't intend to keep this up as is on a regular basis. I do, however, intend to use it as a base for a unique variant which should not be so easily recognized. Besides, it's quite possible you won't be taught this older form; I'm given to understand there's a modern form which is more commonly used."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:03 pm

"We have to find methods that work and that allow us to let us work with others, but the Union have become sterile and in that they have lost allot, and they will execute any member of their faction who are not a Void Engineer who have lest sterility in his or her work."
Cita said and frowned.

"It is probably better for the boy to make a clean cut anyway."
Cita said and frowned.
"Even if it will e hard for him in the start.

"Unfortunately no, but I can see if I can get them or someone with them down to take them off."

"Very well."
The Spirit Healer aid and she nodded.

After a little while he opened his eyes again and looked down at Beatrice. He gave her a hug and looked over at Master Nassa. "I don't know if I was really of any help or I just needed to give her a hug," he admitted. "But she seems like she's actually sleeping now. Here, I don't want to wake her, can you help me?" he asked, wanting to shift her back.

"You helped child, thank you."
Amadeus said and he reached out to gently take Beatrice into his arms, being careful not to disturb her rest and he sat down by the Node bowl holding the young bood witch in his arms.
"She is resting, finay she is resting without pain, et us et her seep."
The old Verbena said as he looked up at you and smiled looking relieved.
"If finaly seam like she will be okey.

Colin grinned, "Oh, she'll have a very good influence to adjust, actually. I believe the two are getting to know one another right now, in fact."

"Again it seams you have ost me Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and she looked confused.

"Yes."
Beatrice said solenly as she repeated.
"Ever in the defense of one another and of the light."

He smiled, "I know you will. I don't know how soon it will be comfortable for you, but you will, soon enough."

"Are you sure Colin?"
Beatrice muttered nervously.
"I was so afraid that...the healing spell in the garage done on that Marauder woman would be the last bit of magick I ever worked...though if it had been, it was a fine work of magick."
The young blood witch said and her Mentor nodded.
"Yes child...that it was."
He agreed proudly.

He sighed softly, "I'm afraid we're on their hit list anyway, but I suppose that is fair in war..."

"As long as the Union desire to kill every other Awakened than themselves, we are all on their hit list."
Cita said and frowned.

He nodded, "Quite. Whatever protection she'll need, we'll be able to provide it. I have faith in a better future for us all."

Amadeus gave a sigh and nodded at that.

He smiled, "Best avoid the cheap fast food, though - she'll need wholesome nutrition, not just fillers."

"Oh at that I agree, I have never been fond of modern junk food, other than onion rings, I am quite fond of those but they are better when I make them myself from scratch."
Amadeus agreed and nodded.

He frowned, "Bugger, something like that ooze-man thing he used to attack the Chantry with earlier? I should have been informed about that... well, perhaps there'll be another chance in another set of timelines."

"You can not forsee everything or blame yourself when you don't Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said and sigh.

He nodded, "And let's not forget a copy of the work for Master Ir - he was most intrigued by the prospect."

"I will make sure he gets a copy."
Cita promised.

He nodded thoughtfully, "So he might get to write a letter or two, but little more than that... Hum, perhaps we should get him pen and paper before he leaves, then."

"I can not even promise him that much, it will all be up to his Mentor but I am sure we can arrange for him writing a goodbye letter now before he leaves."
Cita said and nodded.

He nodded, "No present Hermetic taught me - and I don't intend to keep this up as is on a regular basis. I do, however, intend to use it as a base for a unique variant which should not be so easily recognized. Besides, it's quite possible you won't be taught this older form; I'm given to understand there's a modern form which is more commonly used."

"There is a more common modern form indeed Mr Wainwright and I have to agree with Mr Roth Hicks, be careful, I have not taught Beatrice this spell for the very reason that I do not want angry Hermetics to target her, so be carefu, knowing a secret others are jealously guarding are not always safe."
Amadeus said and frowned.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

"Those two seem like they'll be good friends." Serge commented to Rosa looking up from his book slightly. He would've gone over to check that Anna was ok but decided to let Anna and Yu Die have some alone time getting to know each other. Instead he just went back to looking through his book, interested in the stories of the Runes and especially on the section of rune magick.

"So it would seam, good everyone needs friends."
Rosa said and then there was a knock on the door.
"I will go and see who it is."
The young Cultist said and she got up and walked over to the door and opened, then she returned with Master Boz.
"Liv your Mentor is here to pick you up."
Rosa said and Liv got up and ran over to her teacher and the two of them begun talking in Arabic, after a while Master Boz turned towards you and Rosa.
"Mr Yager Miss Olsen thank you so much for taking care of my apprentice."
He said politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Anja's Post:

'That's your problem. Should've gone with beige, tan or bronze. They're always cheaper 'cos they're hideous.'

Anja's Post:

'Might be best if I did it face-to-face. D'you know where he is at the moment?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:40 pm

'That's your problem. Should've gone with beige, tan or bronze. They're always cheaper 'cos they're hideous.'

"True but I wanted a black one, call it vanity if you wish."
Fran said and grinned.

'Might be best if I did it face-to-face. D'you know where he is at the moment?'

"He could be anywhere in the Chantry but he have an office so that would be the first place to look. I could take you there if you wish."
The young death magus offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 pm

"So it would seam, good everyone needs friends."
Rosa said and then there was a knock on the door.
"I will go and see who it is."
The young Cultist said and she got up and walked over to the door and opened, then she returned with Master Boz.
"Liv your Mentor is here to pick you up."
Rosa said and Liv got up and ran over to her teacher and the two of them begun talking in Arabic, after a while Master Boz turned towards you and Rosa.
"Mr Yager Miss Olsen thank you so much for taking care of my apprentice."
He said politely.

"No problem at all. Liv was quite polite in her time here." Serge replied with equal politeness giving a friendly smile to the Master. "We're happy to help in any way that we can. Let us know if their's anything else we can do for you."

Serge looked at Liv and smiled. He turned back to Master Boz and said "Remind her that she's allowed to take her pictures with her. So she can have a memory of the fun she had here." He of course was not only referring to the pictures that Liv drew, but was also referring to the first picture he had given Liv. The one of her father that had brought her to tears of joy.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:24 pm

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"I am glad to hear that Mr Yager."
Master Boz said and smiled though the smile looked strange on his scarred and battle worn face. He said a few things to his apprentice in Arabic and she turned to you and smiled.
"Gratia."
She said before she went to pick up her own drawings and the one you and given her, she smiled a ltitle over it and carefully picket it up, then it was clear that she and Jane exhanged contact information and she and the other girls hugged before she went over to her Mentor again and said something. Master Boz nodded and said to you.
"My apprentice thanks you for looking after her and making it a fun afternoon Mr Yager and Miss Olsen, she also asks that if you see the ones who saved her, Mr Wainwright, Mr Roth Hicks, Miss Mundis and a few others she do not know the names of then please thank them for her, and also for me, I owe them a great dept for saving my student."
Master Boz said then Liv said something else and he smiled and added.
"Liv also says that the next time she meets you she will speak better English."
He said and he seamed amused.
"Also if you are ever in Turkey please come and visit us."
The old Hermetic said.
"You would both be most welcome."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:45 pm

Colin chuckled, "There's a good chance that Anna is sitting peacefully, holding hands with her future wife right now. I'm not going to intrude on that, though - I'll simply let things unfold as they will, unless something takes a dark turn."

"Are you sure Colin?"
Beatrice muttered nervously.
"I was so afraid that...the healing spell in the garage done on that Marauder woman would be the last bit of magick I ever worked...though if it had been, it was a fine work of magick."
The young blood witch said and her Mentor nodded.
"Yes child...that it was."
He agreed proudly.
He nodded, "It was fine work, and I'm sure you'll get to do more wondrous things in the near future."

"Oh at that I agree, I have never been fond of modern junk food, other than onion rings, I am quite fond of those but they are better when I make them myself from scratch."
Amadeus agreed and nodded.
He sighed, "Besides, you just can't get a proper fish'n'chips anywhere on this side of the Atlantic. If we ever visit Old Blighty, that treat will be on me."

"You can not forsee everything or blame yourself when you don't Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said and sigh.
He sighed, "No, I know. I can still regret when a small missing bit of intel cost lives... Besides, fixing what did not go completely right seems to be the entire reason why my future self is jostling my present self around in time to get information."

"I can not even promise him that much, it will all be up to his Mentor but I am sure we can arrange for him writing a goodbye letter now before he leaves."
Cita said and nodded.
He nodded, "That would probably be the best we can do for him."

"There is a more common modern form indeed Mr Wainwright and I have to agree with Mr Roth Hicks, be careful, I have not taught Beatrice this spell for the very reason that I do not want angry Hermetics to target her, so be carefu, knowing a secret others are jealously guarding are not always safe."
He nodded, "Like I said, I'm not planning to use this one much, except as a foundation. My own variant will likely be unrecognizable. And I will not pass on a Hermetic secret."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:10 pm

Anja's Post:

A puzzled frown, then the fact that not everybody was a mechanic and judged a car's colour as something easily changed sank in.

'Vanity. But nothing wrong with that. Think every girl's allowed to be a little vain.' Nicole quipped with a smirk.

Anja's Post:

'If it's the one with the ton of books and the painting with the guy surrounded with flame on the wall, I know where that is.' she continued. 'Check in, eat, get hammered. Do we have a local bar?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:29 am

"I would like to say you get used to it, but," he said with a shrug.

"When you are feeling better, we can decide a name for the cabal. It's beyond time. Plus membership..."

"We have to find methods that work and that allow us to let us work with others, but the Union have become sterile and in that they have lost allot, and they will execute any member of their faction who are not a Void Engineer who have lest sterility in his or her work."
Cita said and frowned.
(Colin) sighed softly, "I'm afraid we're on their hit list anyway, but I suppose that is fair in war..."

"Not really fair, no. But I don't know that they care for fair so much as hedging their chances of winning."

"No, nothing like them. Much more human-looking, with a personality as well as function. It was quite disturbing."

"What if I want to be taught the older form?" he said, raising an eyebrow. "I see no reason not to try to learn both, if there is time."

"It is not something to boast about or for common knowledge."

"You helped child, thank you."
Amadeus said and he reached out to gently take Beatrice into his arms, being careful not to disturb her rest and he sat down by the Node bowl holding the young bood witch in his arms.
"She is resting, finay she is resting without pain, et us et her seep."
The old Verbena said as he looked up at you and smiled looking relieved.
"If finaly seam like she will be okey.

He sighed. "Well, I will try to get the key for these as soon as I can," he said, nodding to the cuffs. "But there is another appointment I must see to, if you will excuse me...." He stood up and went to the door so he could collect his things from the doorguard again and then head upstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next