Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 38 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 15 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:59 pm

'It's shaped like a pen, pre-loaded with a single dose. It means for example earlier today, once I'd got that hostage-taker on the floor, I could have simply injected him there and then rather than waiting for someone to administer it. Would be a handy thing to issue folk on guard duty.' Nicole explained.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 15 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:03 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, Colin's apartment, 8 PM]
"Yes Dr Mossly have to make the realization for her self so she should not be informed about your peaks into the future just yet, she will know what to do after you have moved to Horizon."
Wrinke said then he nodded.
"It is probably best if Master Adimari's client go to you and Dr Lee for aid rather than to Dr Mossly, originally he do die, but I will allow for him to live."
The Paradox Spirit decared.
Colin nodded, "I will arrange for that - and thank you; I'm sure he'll appreciate a longer life free of headaches."

"I can not, I might appear to you more...human than most spirits Mr Wainwright, but I to am what I am and can be nothing ese, I can not curry favors with such forces on your behalf, I am sorry."
The old man said and he finished his tea and put the cup down.
"As for the gender of fate it do not have such a distinction, but it's many manifestations have genders and there are both male and female maifestations."
He nodded, "Quite alright - I understand. Had to ask, though."

"It certinly would be better for you if you have not yes."
The Paradox Spirit said sternly.
He smiled thinly, "It's going to be very hard for me to not try to diminish suffering, though... and since you already know we'll be speaking again at some point, I guess it is rather inevitable that my compassion gets the better of me. Hum... will I get in trouble for rescuing a lost TV series from the past into the present, though? Seeing as that is one of the things I should like to do - I do believe I can do so without interfering in the past beyond scrying on it."

"It do indeed conclude out negotiations Mr Wainwright I am satisfied that you will right the mess you have made."
Wrinkle said and stood.
"Ah the tea is is delicious, the best I have had in some time."
He said and smiled.
"I do thank you for your hospitality Mr Wainwright."
Wrinkle said and he picked up his hat, put it on and tipped it in your direction.
"I shall be on my way then my good man, try to stay on the mat."
He smiled, "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will make sure to order in a supply of green peachflower tea; you're quite welcome to drop by for a cup from time to time, if you so please. And I'll try to not cause too many ripples going forward."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Anna and Yu Die glanced over at your drawing as you worked. Well you do remember that in stories the hero often loose until he or she get some reminder to believe in themselves, perhaps you could do the Hagalaz spell not with affecting fate but by making your fote loose faith in themselves, make them thing that misfortune will befall them and in so doing they will mess things up for yourself, that you would be able to pull off, you would not need to directly control their mind, just give their self esteem a negative nudge which would make it much harder for them to pull whatever they are doing off.

Serge thought about it. To lose faith in oneself was often the cause of many misfortune. Overconfidence, arrogance, sadness, anger and many other emotions could contribute to the outcome of your actions. They often were the cause of the villains defeat and the hero's triumph.

The world is never set in stone like many would believe, but is constantly being shaped by your decisions and outlook on the world. A small change in your demeanor or emotion could have massive affects on how scenarios play out for you. If he could influence those emotion, even for the briefest of moments, he could have his victims mess up for themselves.

"That...might work....but...would it....?" he muttered to himself as he continued to draw.

"I believe in you Serge I am sure you can do it, you just need some self esteem."
Rosa said and she gave you a warm smile.

"I believe in you too." Serge said with a smile despite Rosa not being the one with confidence issues. "By the way, did you ever have a job?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:38 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Colin nodded, "I will arrange for that - and thank you; I'm sure he'll appreciate a longer life free of headaches."

"That would be the preference of most, unless they have very unusual tastes."
Wrinkle said and nodded.

He nodded, "Quite alright - I understand. Had to ask, though."

The Paradox Spirit gave you another stern look and said nothing.

He smiled thinly, "It's going to be very hard for me to not try to diminish suffering, though... and since you already know we'll be speaking again at some point, I guess it is rather inevitable that my compassion gets the better of me. Hum... will I get in trouble for rescuing a lost TV series from the past into the present, though? Seeing as that is one of the things I should like to do - I do believe I can do so without interfering in the past beyond scrying on it."

"You can still diminish suffering, the serum is hardly the only thing wrong with the young woman after the experiments she have been through, she will need allot of help and understanding to be able to love on."
Wrinkle said then he raised an eyebrow.
"If you try to obscure it as lost tape surfacing in soomeone's uncle's attic then yes you will get into trouble, but not enough to summon me, though I can not say for sure I go where my employers send me."

He smiled, "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will make sure to order in a supply of green peachflower tea; you're quite welcome to drop by for a cup from time to time, if you so please. And I'll try to not cause too many ripples going forward."

"I think that if I show up at this Chantry with some regularity to have tea it will make your fellow mages rather nervous, I do appriciate the offer though for this is a most tasty tea."
The old man said and smiled.
"And yes I would appriciate if you tried to behave my good man, I have enough work as it is."
He said then he inclined his head.
"Good evening then, until I come calling again."
Wrinkle said and then he was gone.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'It's shaped like a pen, pre-loaded with a single dose. It means for example earlier today, once I'd got that hostage-taker on the floor, I could have simply injected him there and then rather than waiting for someone to administer it. Would be a handy thing to issue folk on guard duty.' Nicole explained.

"Wel in just that situation the serum would have done nothing as that particular prisoner have a Phylactery so the serum never worked on him, that is how he got loose in the first place, however for most situations what you speak of would be quite practical, but you have seen the size of the dose of the serum and also how thickly it flows, will such a pen be able to get all of that deep enough to go into a muscle?"
Jeffry asked he ooked a bit skeptical.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Serge thought about it. To lose faith in oneself was often the cause of many misfortune. Overconfidence, arrogance, sadness, anger and many other emotions could contribute to the outcome of your actions. They often were the cause of the villains defeat and the hero triumph.

The world is never set in stone like many would believe, but is constantly being shaped by your decisions and outlook on the world. A small change in your demeanor or emotion could have massive affects on how scenarios play out for you. If he could influence those emotion, even for the briefest of moments, he have his victims mess up for themselves.

"That...might work....but...would it....?" he muttered to himself as he continued to draw.

"Would what work Sir?"
Anna asked and she gave you a puzzeled look.

"I believe in you too." Serge said with a smile despite Rosa not being the one with confidence issues. "By the way, did you ever have a job?"

"Thank you Cousin."
Rosa said and smiled then she nodded.
"I have had four summer jobs, once as an attendant at a gas station, I was a waitress twice and worked at Target this summer, I also give music lessons to kids at times."
The young mage said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Anja's Post:

'Think that's a question to ask a Doc.' Nicole replied. 'Just mentioning such a thing does exist, and going through all the things today and what could have gone better in my head.'

'So, go upstairs, tell the doc they can now start treating whatshername. Will I need to stand guard or anything?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:18 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, 8 PM]
"You can still diminish suffering, the serum is hardly the only thing wrong with the young woman after the experiments she have been through, she will need allot of help and understanding to be able to love on."
Wrinkle said then he raised an eyebrow.
"If you try to obscure it as lost tape surfacing in soomeone's uncle's attic then yes you will get into trouble, but not enough to summon me, though I can not say for sure I go where my employers send me."
He nodded, "True enough - and even if we don't find a way to treat the Primium issue, we'll still make all efforts to help her. I was more concerned with future discoveries of impending trouble - if I learn that someone's going to be hurt the next day, it would be difficult for me not to try to prevent that... I do mean to help the young Taldor girl, for example, though subtly and anonymously until she and Anna meet."
He grinned wryly, "And I suppose suddenly popping out of nowhere with the lost episodes like that would be trouble... I'm guessing you don't have a better suggestion for me, either, short of 'don't do it'?"

"I think that if I show up at this Chantry with some regularity to have tea it will make your fellow mages rather nervous, I do appriciate the offer though for this is a most tasty tea."
The old man said and smiled.
"And yes I would appriciate if you tried to behave my good man, I have enough work as it is."
He said then he inclined his head.
"Good evening then, until I come calling again."
Wrinkle said and then he was gone.
He smiled and bowed politely, "I suppose they might... Perhaps after moving to Horizon. That could make for some amusing gossip, too. Good evening."
After Wrinkle left, he sat down for a moment, looked into his teacup, closed his eyes, and exhaled slowly, "Bugger... Well, I suppose I should have seen it coming, shouldn't I, Jareth?"
He sighed and pulled out his phone again, calling Isabella and waiting for an answer...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Udella frowned and nodded.
"Let us see what is going on before we assume the wrost but this can be problematic indeed."
She commented darkly.

"This week has made it significantly harder not to hope for the best, plan for the worst," he said.

Adey your phone will make the message sound, this is before you head up the stairs after encountering the terrified Poodle.

He heard the alert and if he could manage to read the note, he would thinking it might be regarding what Poodle told his pater - otherwise he'd wait till they were at Colin's door, after reading the note on it and respond to it then.

"Again? What is this? Spirit central?"
Bianca commented sourly.
"Ok Mr Roth Hicks, I will be careful but do you need any help?"
The hedge witch asked.

"Apparently...just keep an eye on things on the floor if you please for anything weird. And otherwise, they may need assistance for guard duty downstairs if you are up for such a task."

"Having tea with Old Man Wrinkle. Please do not disturb." and signed it, before stepping right outside to tape the note on his door.
Adley when you and the two Quesitors reach Colin's door you see said note sitting on the door, even Master Tolle who seldomly showed emotion raised an eyebrow at that. "It seams Mr Wainwright have a most dangerous guest." He commented dryly.

He looked from the note to Master Tolle as he spoke, clearly boggled. "That's his signature. We can't do anything? Who is Old Man Wrinkle?" he sounded worried, glancing at the door again as if he wanted to get in there and help his friend.

"To Mea Filius
I got a name from the spirit, but it is sensitive, please meet me when you have a chance to discuss this and bring Mr Wainwright aong as wel if possible. At least we seam to be safe for now, the spirit will not be attacking again.
Be Well
JW"

He returned: 'My amicus appears to be busy having a meeting over tea with a spirit' Combined with Poodle's frantic crying, his pater would likely figure out enough, or follow up with his questions.

"Of all the damn things..."

// sorry for the late reply, but it worked out anyway - work was exhausting and then took dogger to  the vet

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:34 pm

"Would what work Sir?"
Anna asked and she gave you a puzzeled look.

"If I cast this rote in a different way. Instead of channeling my own anger into changing my victims destiny if I could use their own emotions against them, I might be able to achieve a similar effect." Serge explained. He then sighed and said, "But it's hard to know for sure unless I actually test it out. And I don't exactly have anything to try it out on."

"Thank you Cousin."
Rosa said and smiled then she nodded.
"I have had four summer jobs, once as an attendant at a gas station, I was a waitress twice and worked at Target this summer, I also give music lessons to kids at times."
The young mage said and smiled.

"Oh that's nice. Those must have been busy summers. Did you teach them violin or are you hiding other musical talent from me?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:56 pm

'Think that's a question to ask a Doc.' Nicole replied. 'Just mentioning such a thing does exist, and going through all the things today and what could have gone better in my head.'

"I will have to ask Dr Lee when next I see him if such a thing would be possible, I agree that it would be practical."
Jeffry said and nodded.

'So, go upstairs, tell the doc they can now start treating whatshername. Will I need to stand guard or anything?'

"That should not be neccesary, I have talked with the spirit that attacked us and the danger have passed for now though those who sent it will have to be dealt with, however for now all you need to do is tell the ones on guard in Dr Lee's room that they can rellease my Sodalis, get her medical care and then let her go do as she please, which was go binge drinking the way I understood it."
The Security Chief said.

He nodded, "True enough - and even if we don't find a way to treat the Primium issue, we'll still make all efforts to help her. I was more concerned with future discoveries of impending trouble - if I learn that someone's going to be hurt the next day, it would be difficult for me not to try to prevent that... I do mean to help the young Taldor girl, for example, though subtly and anonymously until she and Anna meet."

"While I do not approve of any changes to the timeine and your kind rearranging mother nature's furniture on a general basis, the real problem are when you use something that would never exist. There is a massive difference between seeing a friend get hurt in a car crash like I said before, warning that person and the crash never happen, and seeing that a friend will invent a new machine but die in the process, stop them from inventing the machine and yet still build it."
Wrinkle said patiently.

He grinned wryly, "And I suppose suddenly popping out of nowhere with the lost episodes like that would be trouble... I'm guessing you don't have a better suggestion for me, either, short of 'don't do it'?"

"It is not my job Mr Wainwright to hep your kind break the laws and will of my employers with as litte consequense as possible."

He smiled and bowed politely, "I suppose they might... Perhaps after moving to Horizon. That could make for some amusing gossip, too. Good evening."

"Interesting is one word for it Mr Wainwright."
Wrinkle said wryly before he left.
"Good evening indeed."

After Wrinkle left, he sat down for a moment, looked into his teacup, closed his eyes, and exhaled slowly, "Bugger... Well, I suppose I should have seen it coming, shouldn't I, Jareth?"

Jareth looked at you when you talked at him and cooed and jumped over to the kitchen table so he would be within petting range.

He sighed and pulled out his phone again, calling Isabella and waiting for an answer...

After a few rings you heard the vampiress repy.
"Yes this is Isabella Jarden, who am I talking to?"

[Adely] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"This week has made it significantly harder not to hope for the best, plan for the worst," he said.

"This is indeed so Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and frowned.

He heard the alert and if he could manage to read the note, he would thinking it might be regarding what Poodle told his pater - otherwise he'd wait till they were at Colin's door, after reading the note on it and respond to it then.

You got the note read before encountering Poodle.

"Apparently...just keep an eye on things on the floor if you please for anything weird. And otherwise, they may need assistance for guard duty downstairs if you are up for such a task."

Bianca nodded at that.
"Ok I will head downstairs then."
The Verbena hedge wizard said.
"Be careful if there is trouble up here."
She urged.

He looked from the note to Master Tolle as he spoke, clearly boggled. "That's his signature. We can't do anything? Who is Old Man Wrinkle?" he sounded worried, glancing at the door again as if he wanted to get in there and help his friend.

"Wrinkle is the most powerful Paradox Spirit ever recorded in our record books, he guards Time and appear as a polite old man, urging the offending mage to mend their mistake, if they agree that is usually it, but if they do not...few things in this world can save them."
Master Tolle said darkly.

He returned: 'My amicus appears to be busy having a meeting over tea with a spirit' Combined with Poodle's frantic crying, his pater would likely figure out enough, or follow up with his questions.

"Of all the damn things..."

You got a reply back.
"To Mea Filius
From what my imp told me I will assume that this spirit is a Paradox Spirit, do you need me to come up and try to stop it? What is the situation now?"
Be Well
JM."

(OOC: Is your dog ok? And no problem, post when you have the time.)

"If I cast this rote in a different way. Instead of channeling my own anger into changing my victims destiny if I could use their own emotions against them, I might be able to achieve a similar effect." Serge explained. He then sighed and said, "But it's hard to know for sure unless I actually test it out. And I don't exactly have anything to try it out on."

"Are you sure it is wise Sir to mess with the emotions of others."
Yu Die said sounding uneasy. Anna looked at you and then at her then she put her hand on Yu Die's arm.
"I am sure he will only use it in the most dire of need."
The young Orphan said to comfort her friend and the Akashic nodded but she still looked uneasy.

Oh that's nice. That must have been a busy summer. Did you teach them violin or are you hiding other musical talent from me?" Serge asked.

"It was pretty busy, and then at a party I became a mage."
Rosa said and grinned.
"I teach violin and how to read sheet music."
She confirmed.
"So no other musical talents."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Bianca nodded at that. "Ok I will head downstairs then." The Verbena hedge wizard said. "Be careful if there is trouble up here."

"You too, see if you can check in with someone," he said.

"Wrinkle is the most powerful Paradox Spirit ever recorded in our record books, he guards Time and appear as a polite old man, urging the offending mage to mend their mistake, if they agree that is usually it, but if they do not...few things in this world can save them."
Master Tolle said darkly.

"Well...hell." He scowled at the door and the note. "Let's hope he's made good tea."

"To Mea Filius
From what my imp told me I will assume that this spirit is a Paradox Spirit, do you need me to come up and try to stop it? What is the situation now?"
Be Well
JM."

'I am not sure that we can. The two two elder mages and I are here at the door waiting to see if he is ok but I don't think interrupting a powerful time paradox spirit would be wise. Orders?'

// Rigby is ok, I took him in to get his ear checked since he was scratching a lot and pawing in case he got a foxtail stuck in there (foxtail are a kind of grass seed awn that burrows into your pet, its painful and can even be deadly because they can migrate through the body and is very common here). The dr looked and said it's just bad seasonal allergies so we were lucky.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:11 pm

"While I do not approve of any changes to the timeine and your kind rearranging mother nature's furniture on a general basis, the real problem are when you use something that would never exist. There is a massive difference between seeing a friend get hurt in a car crash like I said before, warning that person and the crash never happen, and seeing that a friend will invent a new machine but die in the process, stop them from inventing the machine and yet still build it."
Wrinkle said patiently.
Colin nodded, "No having my cake and eating it too. I will do my best."

"It is not my job Mr Wainwright to hep your kind break the laws and will of my employers with as litte consequense as possible."
He shook his head, "Perish the thought. That would rather be contrary to your purpose, would it not?"

Jareth looked at you when you talked at him and cooed and jumped over to the kitchen table so he would be within petting range.
He smiled thinly and petted Jareth gently, "At least you don't judge me for picking the person who had to be thrown under the bus, do you?"

After a few rings you heard the vampiress repy.
"Yes this is Isabella Jarden, who am I talking to?"
He frowned, "Good evening, Miss Jarden, it's Colin Wainwright... are you in a private, secure room right now?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Anja's Post:

'Will do.' Nicole replied with a nod. 'Anyway, we saved several million people today. If anything calls for giving a liver and kidneys a work out, that's one of 'em.' ending with a little smile.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:31 pm

"Are you sure it is wise Sir to mess with the emotions of others."
Yu Die said sounding uneasy. Anna looked at you and then at her then she put her hand on Yu Die's arm.
"I am sure he will only use it in the most dire of need."
The young Orphan said to comfort her friend and the Akashic nodded but she still looked uneasy.

"I don't mess with anything. I'll simply highlight emotions that are already there." Serge said not being entirely truthful with that statement. "Besides, Anna's right. I wouldn't use it on anyone. Only when I'm in trouble. I don't have any other way of fighting if I'm caught in a bad situation."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:00 pm

Colin nodded, "No having my cake and eating it too. I will do my best."

Wrinkle nodded at that.
"See that you do MrWainwright, so that out next conversation may be polite as we."

He shook his head, "Perish the thought. That would rather be contrary to your purpose, would it not?"

"Indeed it it woud be, and I do not go against my purpose Mr Wainwright."

He smiled thinly and petted Jareth gently, "At least you don't judge me for picking the person who had to be thrown under the bus, do you?"

Jareth rubbed his head against the palm of your hand and cooed happily. He did not look like he judged much.

He frowned, "Good evening, Miss Jarden, it's Colin Wainwright... are you in a private, secure room right now?"

"I am, Mrs Knox said that I shoud do so and expect a call, what is all this about Mr Wainwright?"
Isabella asked and she shounded rather apprehensive and confused.

"I don't mess with anything. I simply highlight emotions that are already there." Serge said not being entirely truthful. "Besides, Anna's right. I wouldn't use it on anyone. Only when I'm in trouble. If I'm caught in a bad situation I don't have any other way of fighting."

"Forgive me Sir but that really do not make it better, we all have emotions that are there but they are under control, when I...what happened, that could have been just that, those medical staff...I do not know if I created new emotions or just increased what was there until they lost control."
Yu Die said sofr1y and she gave you a nervous hurt 1ook. Anna sigh and 1ooked at her new friend. 1isten, 1et us just ta1k about something e1se eh?"
The young Orphan suggjested.

(OOC: The L key on my keyboard just gave out so for now unti1 I get it fixed I am going to have to use 1 for an L sorry about that.)

[Adely] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"You too, see if you can check in with someone," he said.

"I wi11 see who I can find."
Bianca said and shrugged as she headed towards the stairs.

"Well...hell." He scowled at the door and the note. "Let's hope he's made good tea."

"Indeed for your Caba1mate's sake 1et us hope so."
Master To11e said f1at1y.

'I am not sure that we can. The two two elder mages and I are here at the door waiting to see if he is ok but I don't think interrupting a powerful time paradox spirit would be wise. Orders?'

You got a rep1y back.
"To mea fi1ius
If it is the spirit I fear from your description a11 we can do is back away s1ow1y and pray. I do hope Mr Wainwright wi11 survive this though.
Be We11
JM"
You coud just see your Mentor frowning at his phone screen at your message.

(OOC: That sounds uncomfortab1e, a1ergy is no fun whatever you have two or four 1egs. I am g1ad your dog is ok though. p1ease give him a bit of petting from me. Smile )

Will do.' Nicole replied with a nod. 'Anyway, we saved several million people today. If anything calls for giving a liver and kidneys a work out, that's one of 'em.' ending with a little smile.

Jeffry got a text message and he frowned at it and 1ooked extreme1y concerned then he g1anced from the phone to you.
"Hum...indeed we did good Miss Bouchard, we a11 desrve to drink our memories of this day away, at 1east those of us who can do so at the moment...ehm if you wi11 excuse me."
He said and he sped up as he went up the stairs to the first f1oor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:23 pm

"Indeed for your Caba1mate's sake 1et us hope so." Master To11e said f1at1y.

He eyed the door again, still wanting to go in and help even if he shouldn't and fighting the impulse to race in there even though he had not a plan in the world nor any weapons or defenses up.

"To mea fi1ius
If it is the spirit I fear from your description a11 we can do is back away s1ow1y and pray. I do hope Mr Wainwright wi11 survive this though.
Be We11

"Deodamnatus..." Considering that his mentor was quite willing to grab a sword and go to town on the one that came after Narim, dangerous as /that/ thing was, said alot. "Pardon my Latin..." he said, glancing at his elders. "My mentor says that we should back away slowly and pray..." He frowned at the message.

// will do : ) Extra pettings on their way lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:25 pm

"Indeed it it woud be, and I do not go against my purpose Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "And except in cases like my friend Engrave, where his Name and Purpose had been stolen, it would be impudent to give a spirit of any sort a different purpose. Plus, I imagine if you were to change, your replacement might be a lot less civil..."

"I am, Mrs Knox said that I shoud do so and expect a call, what is all this about Mr Wainwright?"
Isabella asked and she shounded rather apprehensive and confused.
He sighed, "I am calling regarding the blood you gave me for the assault on the Labyrinth. None of it needed to be used, thank Heavens, and it was all destroyed, so there's no danger to you, but... I must apologise for deceiving you as to its purpose. There was a person in the Labyrinth whose Avatar was uniquely deadly and mobile; it had already killed and maimed several of the team first sent out to capture or destroy it... and so I came up with a horrible plan, to destroy it with vampirism if absolutely no other means to subdue it proved possible... and I thank Providence we managed to find another solution in the eleventh hour. I still betrayed your trust... and I understand if you'll neither forgive nor trust me again... but I also believe this was a truly unique case, never to come up again."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:51 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod do this, let the Chief overtake her, then continued her way up to deliver the message.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:40 am

"Forgive me Sir but that really do not make it better, we all have emotions that are there but they are under control, when I...what happened, that could have been just that, those medical staff...I do not know if I created new emotions or just increased what was there until they lost control."
Yu Die said sofr1y and she gave you a nervous hurt 1ook. Anna sigh and 1ooked at her new friend. 1isten, 1et us just ta1k about something e1se eh?"
The young Orphan suggjested.

"Sure thing. Sorry I brought it up." Serge said apologetically, frowning at the fact that he upset Yu Die.

He looked around at something to distract them from the pensive atmosphere brought about by the traumatized Akashic. He glanced at Rosa's violin case and then at Rosa and said, "Hey Rosa. I don't think we've actually heard you playing the violin. Would it be all right if we heard a few notes?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:31 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "And except in cases like my friend Engrave, where his Name and Purpose had been stolen, it would be impudent to give a spirit of any sort a different purpose. Plus, I imagine if you were to change, your replacement might be a lot less civil..."

"There are others who work with infringements of Time and they generally do not have the same degree of dedication to manners no."
Wrinkle said and nodded.
"Some spirits can change but very few can as we are the embodiment of one, particular purpose."

From outside your door you heard some swearing and muttering in Greek and Latin and you suspect Adley had read your note.

He sighed, "I am calling regarding the blood you gave me for the assault on the Labyrinth. None of it needed to be used, thank Heavens, and it was all destroyed, so there's no danger to you, but... I must apologise for deceiving you as to its purpose. There was a person in the Labyrinth whose Avatar was uniquely deadly and mobile; it had already killed and maimed several of the team first sent out to capture or destroy it... and so I came up with a horrible plan, to destroy it with vampirism if absolutely no other means to subdue it proved possible... and I thank Providence we managed to find another solution in the eleventh hour. I still betrayed your trust... and I understand if you'll neither forgive nor trust me again... but I also believe this was a truly unique case, never to come up again."

Isabella was quiet for a long while, then she asked in a shaky voice.
"So...you brought my blood along to...turn the host of this Avatar into a vampire and by that destroy that soul?"
Then the vampiress was very quiet again disturbingly so since she did not breathe and there where none of the little sounds of life a living human being would make, then she started to cry softly.

A nod do this, let the Chief overtake her, then continued her way up to deliver the message.

You left the basement and went back to Dr Lee's room, you knocked on the door and Ty opened it.
"Hi...Nicole was it? Is there any news?"
The Akashic asked. You could see that inside the room, on the sofa Theodora sat, her hands where still tied behind her and her fingers taped together, she turned to glance at you when she heard you at the door.
"Yeah is there any news?"
The Tytalus asked.

"Sure thing. Sorry I brought it up." Serge said apologetically, frowning at the fact that he upset Yu Die.

"It is okey Sir, sorry about my reaction. I mean it is my Tradition's signature Sphere I should be more comfortable with it."
Yu Die said softly but she was clearly still upset. Anna took her hand gently.
"It is okey."
She muttered to her new friend.

He looked around at something to distract them from the pensive atmosphere brought about by the traumatized Akashic. He glanced at Rosa's violin case and then at Rosa and said, "Hey Rosa. I don't think we've actually heard you playing the violin. Would it be all right if we heard a few notes?"

Rosa smiled a little, she got up and went over to her violin case, opened it and lifted it up, she let her fingers flow over the instrument fondly.
"Sure thing Cousin, what do you guys want to hear?"
The young Cultist asked.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Deodamnatus..." Considering that his mentor was quite willing to grab a sword and go to town on the one that came after Narim, dangerous as /that/ thing was, said alot. "Pardon my Latin..." he said, glancing at his elders. "My mentor says that we should back away slowly and pray..." He frowned at the message.

"Your Mentor would be correct and the chosen words are quite approriate Mr Roth Hicks."
Master Tolle said, his face showed no emotion but there where something in his dark brown eyes, the old Master where afraid, the man who had ripped who knows how many Avatars to shreds where afraid of the spirit that where in Colin's room with him."
Udella nodded and she gave you a concerned look.
"I know you want to protect your friend Mr Wainwright, I am concerned about him as well, but I fear there is nothing we can do, there are no recorded instances of anyone defeating Wrinkle and banishing him, other Paradox spirits yes they can be banished like any spirit, but not Wrinkle, he is part of the reason why working with time magick is so dangerous, since if your working attract Paradox there is a chance that Old Man Wrinkle will come as well. Now this entity are more human than many Umbroods you will meet, he can be reasoned with and some have managed to talk themselves out of trouble with him, but defeat him, no even if I and Master Tolle worked together I doubt we would stand any chance of banishing Wrinkle."
The old Quesitor warned and Master Tolle nodded at that.

(OOC: Thank you Strife, your little dog is so adorable, a real little cutie.)

(OOC 2: Well now I feel a bit stupid, my PC have a problem with the fan not always starting as it should and that have to be fixed, but the key that was not working, when my keyboard where taken apart to fix it, one long, black hair was found wrapped around the key on the inside. How that happened I don't know but that where the cause of the problem. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:42 am

"Your Mentor would be correct and the chosen words are quite approriate Mr Roth Hicks." Master Tolle said, his face showed no emotion but there where something in his dark brown eyes, the old Master where afraid, the man who had ripped who knows how many Avatars to shreds where afraid of the spirit that where in Colin's room with him.
Udella nodded and she gave you a concerned look.

"I know you want to protect your friend Mr Wainwright, I am concerned about him as well, but I fear there is nothing we can do, there are no recorded instances of anyone defeating Wrinkle and banishing him, other Paradox spirits yes they can be banished like any spirit, but not Wrinkle, he is part of the reason why working with time magick is so dangerous, since if your working attract Paradox there is a chance that Old Man Wrinkle will come as well. Now this entity are more human than many Umbroods you will meet, he can be reasoned with and some have managed to talk themselves out of trouble with him, but defeat him, no even if I and Master Tolle worked together I doubt we would stand any chance of banishing Wrinkle."

"I know you're both trying to talk me out of doing something monumentally stupid...but he...he saved me and the rest of us and I can't just leave him in there like that. What if it...I don't even know what the worst thing is and I'm not sure I want to, but what if...?!" He looked upset, then looked back at his phone again and the message from his pater. Angrily, he punched a new message window up and then typed a message to Serge. 'If you are free will you please check in on my cabalmate (she said you calmed her down before) and see if they need help? Thank you.' --A' Then he stared at the door and the note again and listened to see if he heard anything. 'Can't do anything' were not things that he had an easy time hearing...

// lol he knows he's cute too. Glad that they were things easy to fix, at least.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:51 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"I know you're both trying to talk me out of doing something monumentally stupid...but he...he saved me and the rest of us and I can't just leave him in there like that. What if it...I don't even know what the worst thing is and I'm not sure I want to, but what if...?!"

"If you want to go in there, I doubt Wrinkle will harm you unless you directly attack him, his purpose is to make sure the flow of time go as it should, but at the same time unless you think you can talk the spirit into leaving there is little you can do to help your friend."
Udella said softly.

He looked upset, then looked back at his phone again and the message from his pater. Angrily, he punched a new message window up and then typed a message to Serge. 'If you are free will you please check in on my cabalmate (she said you calmed her down before) and see if they need help? Thank you.' --A'

Serge, before your Cousin can start playing her violin you hear the sound of your phone telling you that a message had arrived for you.

Then he stared at the door and the note again and listened to see if he heard anything. 'Can't do anything' were not things that he had an easy time hearing...

"Wrinkle have left, I can no longer feel his pressence."
Udella said and Master Tolle nodded.
"Indeed I concur Sodalis."
The the old Quesitor turned to you.
"You can go in now Mr Roth Hicks and check on your Cabalmate."
There where no compassion in the static old mage's voice but at least he recognized that you would want to see if your Cabalmate where ok.

(OOC: Off course he knows he is cute and he probably knows how to use it as well. Razz Yes I have to re install the drivers for the fans but other than that the computer should be fine for now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:16 am

"There are others who work with infringements of Time and they generally do not have the same degree of dedication to manners no."
Wrinkle said and nodded.
"Some spirits can change but very few can as we are the embodiment of one, particular purpose."
Colin nodded, "As with my friend, I don't think it could have been done if not for that his Name was destroyed by the Nephandi, and he needed another... If I have anything to be proud of today, I think he would be it... About everything else was as much a matter of necessity as anything else, but for him, well... I'm confident my group could have taken him down in battle, even when he got the jump on us. I could have stood aside instead of offering him a Name..."

From outside your door you heard some swearing and muttering in Greek and Latin and you suspect Adley had read your note.
He smiled wryly, "Sounds like the stalling tactic was effective."

Isabella was quiet for a long while, then she asked in a shaky voice.
"So...you brought my blood along to...turn the host of this Avatar into a vampire and by that destroy that soul?"
Then the vampiress was very quiet again disturbingly so since she did not breathe and there where none of the little sounds of life a living human being would make, then she started to cry softly.
He looked down, "I am sorry; I have no right to ask for your forgiveness, not yet... but it was a course of action born of unique desperation, not malice. And... even if there should be a next time, we have another means of subduing such a soul now - without destroying it in the process. I pray that I will never have to even consider such a thing again..."
He listened to her crying for a few moments, "My actions have tarnished your honour, and for that a price will be paid in blood and pain, in a formal duel. However, if there is any other way you can think of that I can begin to make amends to you directly, please, let me know, and I will start to work towards that as soon as possible..."

((OOC: Who knows how something like that could have happened, indeed. My schnookums had a hair curled up in her ear once, and that tickled her something awful. The puzzling thing is that when I managed to find and pull it out, the hair was far longer than hers OR mine put together... It wasn't attached to anything, just a long hair, curled up and spiraling down in her ear duct... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:55 am

Anja's Post:

'The Chief has finished talking to invisible things and says it's time to stop playing tie-up so the Doc to start applying the leeches.'

[It happens to everyone. I once bought a new keyboard because "the keys kept on sticking" which turned out to be due to several grains of sugar.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Colin nodded, "As with my friend, I don't think it could have been done if not for that his Name was destroyed by the Nephandi, and he needed another... If I have anything to be proud of today, I think he would be it... About everything else was as much a matter of necessity as anything else, but for him, well... I'm confident my group could have taken him down in battle, even when he got the jump on us. I could have stood aside instead of offering him a Name..."

"Taking the name from a spirit is a horrible injustice, you showed the entity kindness by giving him a new one Mr Wainwright."
Wrinkle said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "Sounds like the stalling tactic was effective."

"I have heard worse reactions to my pressence Mr Wainwright but yes I suspect you are right, your companions have found youe note."
The Paradox Spirit said wryly.

He looked down, "I am sorry; I have no right to ask for your forgiveness, not yet... but it was a course of action born of unique desperation, not malice. And... even if there should be a next time, we have another means of subduing such a soul now - without destroying it in the process. I pray that I will never have to even consider such a thing again..."

"You used me, just like my Sire did, and you would have done worse than kill someone with my blood..."
Isabella said softly.
"Do you know how I would have felt if you had turned this person into what I am? Do you know what happens to our kind if we do to many horrible things and loose track of being human?"
The vampiress said she sounded sadand hurt.

He listened to her crying for a few moments, "My actions have tarnished your honour, and for that a price will be paid in blood and pain, in a formal duel. However, if there is any other way you can think of that I can begin to make amends to you directly, please, let me know, and I will start to work towards that as soon as possible..."

"A duel? I guess it was Mrs Knox who set that up?"
Isabella said then she sigh.
"There is little you can do Mr Wainwright...did the mages of Morningstar know of your plan? Did they agree to it? Do they see me as little else than something to pity and a useful weapon against their own kind as well?"
Isabella said bitterly.

The Chief has finished talking to invisible things and says it's time to stop playing tie-up so the Doc to start applying the leeches.'

Ty raised an eyebrow then he grinned and nodded.
"I will take care of it Nicole."
The Akashic said.
"It is a relief I was concerned for her hands. I will release her and take her up to the infirmary."
He said and Theodora nodded and turned back to glance at you.
"I still owe you a drink don't I."
The Tytalus said.
"After all this shit I for one sure need one."

(OOC: I hope your fience did not get the hair in her ear after one of the RPG sessions she was part of. Razz Yes allot of stuff manage to get into keyboards.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:46 pm

"You used me, just like my Sire did, and you would have done worse than kill someone with my blood..."
Isabella said softly.
"Do you know how I would have felt if you had turned this person into what I am? Do you know what happens to our kind if we do to many horrible things and loose track of being human?"
The vampiress said she sounded sadand hurt.
Colin frowned, "I did use you, and had not another option presented itself before we encountered the Mage in question, yes, I would have done far worse than kill someone with your blood. And I can only imagine the horror you would have felt... As for what happens to one of your kind, I can guess... I've encountered monsters in human guise before - it would not have been... good."

"A duel? I guess it was Mrs Knox who set that up?"
Isabella said then she sigh.
"There is little you can do Mr Wainwright...did the mages of Morningstar know of your plan? Did they agree to it? Do they see me as little else than something to pity and a useful weapon against their own kind as well?"
Isabella said bitterly.
He nodded, "Indeed, she's a good friend to you, and she was furious when she learned after the fact, and rightly so; I asked for her help to apologize to you, seeing as she is both knowledgeable about vampires and she is your friend..."
He frowned, "The Mages of Morningstar... by and large were not informed. The strike team I was with, tasked to hunt the woman down, were informed, but their approval was... not asked. Nor were they privy to whose blood I would be potentially using. The one person with the full knowledge besides myself was Chief Joakim Reshal... and the decision to permit it aged him several years before my eyes. If there is anyone in the Chantry who could know the severity of what I planned as a last resort, it would be him... Neither of us wanted to do it, but we had no viable alternatives at the time. The... better alternative only presented itself later, a miracle delivered across time. I suspect you can imagine the relief I felt at burning out the thermos after the battle..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 38 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next