Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 14 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Adley Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:56 pm

"Very well lead the way and what you describe sounds to me like a Paradox spirit." Udella said and frowned as she hurried towards the stairs with as much speed as her old body would allow, Master Tolle as well where quite elderly and there was a limit to how fast the two Enforcers could run.

"Damn," he said. If it was anything like the one that had accosted Narim, then they were in trouble.

You got up the stairs, you saw Bianca at the top of the stairs. "Trouble again?" The hedge witch asked.

"Uninvited spirit up on 3rd floor. Try to keep an eye out for anything and please be careful, my pater was alerted..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 14 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:57 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Colin nodded, "It all comes down to what you are willing to sacrifice for convenience, I guess."

"I would assume that depends on the situation Mr Wainwright. In some situations convenience count for more than in others."
The Paradox Spirit said.

He nodded, "Of course, but so long as this is a polite, civilized negotiation, one should expect a measure of concessions from both sides - and for the two points I do not wish to concede, I am sure you'll find me quite flexible as to what price I am willing to pay. But let us wait for the tea to steep before we get down to business."

"Yes we can wait for the tea, I have all the time in the world and we will see if we later can come to some arangement."
Wrinkle said and nodded though his expression made it quite clear who would have the upper hand in such a negotiation.

He grinned, "Oh, that is adorable. Freddy's going to love it, I'm sure. Thank you. Now, if you will excuse me, I've got to take a picture of an owl, and then sit down for some negotiations. Please, stay in good health, all of you."

"I hope she will, please give my regards to Miss Adlebloom."
Hans said and Alexandra chimed in from the background.
"Have a good evening Mr Wainwright."

After he hung up, he took a quick snapshot of Jareth, sent it to Kristina with with the simple message 'Alexandra wanted to see the superb owl.', and pocketed the phone again,

You got a cute picture of Jareth sitting there with his eyes half closed and his beak open. You got a reply from Kristina which said.
"He is adorable Mr W, Alexandra loves him."

checking on the tea and taking out the strainers before adding the requested milk and sugar to Wrinkle's cup, "Now then, Sir, please enjoy your tea, and if you'd like, we can commence the discussion on what you wish me to do."

Wrinkle lifted his cup and took a sip and smiled.
"Ah thank you Mr Wainwright that is indeed quite delicious."
The spirit said before setting the cup down.
"Very well, now while I am generally displeased by your future self's activities and him and I will be having a...talk about those, there is one thing that bother me more than the rest, a place where continuity have been broken. Originally your apprentice where given the magick supressing serum for three months, five years later her friend Allison collapse on Horizon from a stroke, the young woman had also been kept on the serum for some time, this lead you to suspect that the serum might have long term ill effects and so you bring your student to the Sons of Ether clinic and talk her into getting an examination, at this point you find the serum building up Primium paricles in her pineal gland. Now knowing this you get even more motivated to find an alternative solution to control your student's abilities, as a result the future where she is put on the serum is eliminated. However since others have also been informed about these side effects now Allison will be given the painful, yet effective cure every week until she is allowed to get off the serum meaning she will not collapse, the two induviduals that let to the discovery of the Primium buildup will now never be sent to the Sons of Ether clinic for examination in five years. A cure have been constructed, warnings have been sent out and the future have been changed based on information that will now never be discovered originally and that my good man, that simply can not stand."
Wrinkle said sternly before he sipped his tea again and fixed you with his small, dark eyes.
"So how do you propose that we fix this problem Mr Wainwright? We are not talking about seeing that someone will die in a car crash next Friday and thus warning them to stay away from cars on the given day here, you are acting on information that will now never be discovered in the first place, that is a serious breach."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Damn," he said. If it was anything like the one that had accosted Narim, then they were in trouble.

Udella frowned and nodded.
"Let us see what is going on before we assume the wrost but this can be problematic indeed."
She commented darkly.

"Uninvited spirit up on 3rd floor. Try to keep an eye out for anything and please be careful, my pater was alerted..."

"Again? What is this? Spirit central?"
Bianca commented sourly.
"Ok Mr Roth Hicks, I will be careful but do you need any help?"
The hedge witch asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Anna glanced at the rune on your palm and she nodded.
"Probably something you can learn then Sir if you do not know how to do it yet."
She said and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm just missing a step. I'm close though, I can feel it." Serge said with a mixture of sadness and determination.

"That is good Serge you have an education then, that is good."
Rosa said and smiled.
"And congratulations on finishing."

"Thanks. It all went by in a blur but damn was it annoying. Who knew learning magick, artistic design, digital design, and the true nature of the universe all at the same time was so time consuming. Barely had time to sleep and even in my sleep I was studying." Serge said with a smile.

"That sounds really fun actually, have you gotten any job ofers yet?"
Rosa asked.
"I am sure you would be good at it."

"I mean....if I applied for any maybe. I haven't started yet. Been busy and lazy all at the same time. I'm not too good when it comes to real life stuff like applying for a job. I don't really know where to start." Serge admitted nervously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:27 pm

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Yeah, I'm just missing a step. I'm close though, I can feel it." Serge said with a mixture of sadness and determination.

"I am sure you will get it eventually if you keep trying."
Anna said to encourage you.

"Thanks. It all went by in a blur but damn was it annoying. Who knew learning magick, artistic design, digital design, and the true nature of the universe all at the same time was so time consuming. Barely had time to sleep and even in my sleep I was studying." Serge said with a smile.

"Ah yes...I am coming to realize that life as an apprentice can be tiering. I have school, my music lessons, lessons in magick and my duties and chores around the Chantry and I also try to spend time with my family and not loose contact with my friends that...is quite a challange, i wish the day had more hours."
Rosa said and sigh.

"I mean....if I applied for any maybe. I haven't started yet. Been busy and lazy all at the same time. I'm not too good when it comes to real life stuff like applying for a job. I don't really know where to start." Serge admitted nervously.

"If you do not work, how do you get money for food and rent and such if you do not mind me asking?"
Your Cousin said and she raised an eyebrow at you.
"We may be mages but we still have some physical needs like getting hungry and such and food cost money."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole tried to keep focused, though it was admittedly difficult when she didn't understand the language nor see the other party. On seeing he was apparently done, Nicole arched an eyebrow. 'And you are..?' giving a critical look.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:23 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"I would assume that depends on the situation Mr Wainwright. In some situations convenience count for more than in others."
The Paradox Spirit said.
Colin nodded, "Quite so - and even so, assuming one has the time and material resources to make a conscious choice in the matter, it still boils down to priorities; is the slight improvement of a good brew from scratch worth the extra work, or is the simpler and admittedly quicker solution of a slightly blander prepackaged tea going to be good enough? It's as much a matter of free will as anything, I suppose."

"Yes we can wait for the tea, I have all the time in the world and we will see if we later can come to some arangement."
Wrinkle said and nodded though his expression made it quite clear who would have the upper hand in such a negotiation.
He nodded, "We most certainly will, I only hope we come to an arrangement which will not... be too unpalatable for me."

"I hope she will, please give my regards to Miss Adlebloom."
Hans said and Alexandra chimed in from the background.
"Have a good evening Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "Tell Alexandra good night, too."

You got a cute picture of Jareth sitting there with his eyes half closed and his beak open. You got a reply from Kristina which said.
"He is adorable Mr W, Alexandra loves him."
He chuckled and looked down at Jareth, "You've gained a fan among vampires, too, kid."

Wrinkle lifted his cup and took a sip and smiled.
"Ah thank you Mr Wainwright that is indeed quite delicious."
The spirit said before setting the cup down.
"Very well, now while I am generally displeased by your future self's activities and him and I will be having a...talk about those, there is one thing that bother me more than the rest, a place where continuity have been broken. Originally your apprentice where given the magick supressing serum for three months, five years later her friend Allison collapse on Horizon from a stroke, the young woman had also been kept on the serum for some time, this lead you to suspect that the serum might have long term ill effects and so you bring your student to the Sons of Ether clinic and talk her into getting an examination, at this point you find the serum building up Primium paricles in her pineal gland. Now knowing this you get even more motivated to find an alternative solution to control your student's abilities, as a result the future where she is put on the serum is eliminated. However since others have also been informed about these side effects now Allison will be given the painful, yet effective cure every week until she is allowed to get off the serum meaning she will not collapse, the two induviduals that let to the discovery of the Primium buildup will now never be sent to the Sons of Ether clinic for examination in five years. A cure have been constructed, warnings have been sent out and the future have been changed based on information that will now never be discovered originally and that my good man, that simply can not stand."
Wrinkle said sternly before he sipped his tea again and fixed you with his small, dark eyes.
"So how do you propose that we fix this problem Mr Wainwright? We are not talking about seeing that someone will die in a car crash next Friday and thus warning them to stay away from cars on the given day here, you are acting on information that will now never be discovered in the first place, that is a serious breach."
He listened intently, face not even flinching, then took a long, slow sip of his tea, thinking.
Then he sighed, "Bugger. I cannot dispute that I made a right mess of things there - I got a bit caught up in the suffering I could prevent, which I rather feel compelled to keep prevented as far as possible, and I completely overlooked how I completely destabilised the temporal loops... Hum, give me a few moments to think, if you please... I should like to make a few notes to see where I might... find a soft spot that can alleviate the need for too severe changes in the past and present."
He retrieved a college-size notebook, opened it to a blank page, and started jotting down notes and doodling a quick timeline of the events that had now been derailed...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:31 pm

"I am sure you will get it eventually if you keep trying."
Anna said to encourage you.

"Eventually..." he said looking at the palm of his hand. He tried to remember what Mr. Bergen had said about the rote. A curse that causes the victim to experience a bout of bad luck. How he needed to envision anger, pain, and rage to cause the rote to function. He needed to want to cause the other person harm in order for it to work. To wield the destructive anger like a weapon and attack the opponent with it.

Serge wasn't a hateful person. So how could he do such a thing? Well that wasn't particularly true. He hated what was done to those patients and hated anyone who could do such things. He hated the people who hunted them and tried to stifle the creativity within the world. Perhaps if he harnessed that sort of anger he could get the rote to manifest.

Or perhaps if instead he thought about providing help to an ally. Tipping the scales of karma in the other direction. One person good luck can often be another person's bad luck. That was evident in many cartoons. How the misfortune of Tom or Wile E. Coyote often brought a chance for Jerry or the Road Runner to escape. If he thought of his opponents as cartoon villains perhaps than he could more easily shape their fates?

Serge sighed as those thoughts raced through his mind. Even though he said that he was close he wasn't particularly confident in that statement.

"Ah yes...I am coming to realize that life as an apprentice can be tiering. I have school, my music lessons, lessons in magick and my duties and chores around the Chantry and I also try to spend time with my family and not loose contact with my friends that...is quite a challange, i wish the day had more hours."
Rosa said and sigh.

"Adding more hours into the day? That's something you'll actually be able to do. With just a little pinch of maaaagick." Serge said emphasizing the word 'magick' with a wizardy tone.

"If you do not work, how do you get money for food and rent and such if you do not mind me asking?"
Your Cousin said and she raised an eyebrow at you.
"We may be mages but we still have some physical needs like getting hungry and such and food cost money."

"I live and eat at the chantry and do odd jobs and errands around the place to help pay for my lodging. If I need any more money my mentor typically provides that. I help her out too at the doctor's office to pay off what she provides for me." Serge explained.

"I'm fairly low maintenance. It doesn't take much to keep me going. Having my own money would be nice though but I don't think I'd be able to hold down a job for too long."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:28 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite so - and even so, assuming one has the time and material resources to make a conscious choice in the matter, it still boils down to priorities; is the slight improvement of a good brew from scratch worth the extra work, or is the simpler and admittedly quicker solution of a slightly blander prepackaged tea going to be good enough? It's as much a matter of free will as anything, I suppose."

"Indeed, free will and circimstance."
Wrinkle said and nodded.

He nodded, "We most certainly will, I only hope we come to an arrangement which will not... be too unpalatable for me."

"We shall have to see."
The Paradox Spirit said as he regarded you.

He smiled, "Tell Alexandra good night, too."

"I will do so."
Hans promised.

He chuckled and looked down at Jareth, "You've gained a fan among vampires, too, kid."

Jareth cooed happily and rubbed his head against you begging for petting.

He listened intently, face not even flinching, then took a long, slow sip of his tea, thinking.
Then he sighed, "Bugger. I cannot dispute that I made a right mess of things there - I got a bit caught up in the suffering I could prevent, which I rather feel compelled to keep prevented as far as possible, and I completely overlooked how I completely destabilised the temporal loops... Hum, give me a few moments to think, if you please... I should like to make a few notes to see where I might... find a soft spot that can alleviate the need for too severe changes in the past and present."

"You have until your fellow mages storm in here intent on saving you from the intruding spirit they have been alerted to, or at least that is the most likely outcome, they still have free will to make another choice after all."
Wrinkle said and nodded, then as you considered things he was quiet and enjoyed is tea, giving you time to mull things over and go over details in peace.

He retrieved a college-size notebook, opened it to a blank page, and started jotting down notes and doodling a quick timeline of the events that had now been derailed...

You got things written down, the problem off course being it was Alison falling ill and then Anna's examination which confirmed Dr Mossly's growing suspicion that the serum where dangerous.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Eventually..." he said looking at the palm of his hand. He tried to remember what Mr. Bergen had said about the rote. A curse that causes the victim to experience a bout of bad luck. How he needed to envision anger, pain, and rage to cause the rote to function. He needed to want to cause the other person harm in order for it to work. To wield the destructive anger like a weapon and attack the opponent with it.

Serge wasn't a hateful person. So how could he do such a thing? Well that wasn't particularly true. He hated what was done to those patients and hated anyone who could do such things. He hated the people who hunted them and tried to stifle the creativity within the world. Perhaps if he harnessed that sort of anger he could get the rote to manifest.

Or perhaps if instead he thought about providing help to an ally. Tipping the scales of karma in the other direction. One person good luck can often be another person's bad luck. That was evident in many cartoons. How the misfortune of Tom or Wile E. Coyote often brought a chance for Jerry or the Road Runner to escape. If he thought of his opponents as cartoon villains perhaps than he could more easily shape their fates?

Serge sighed as those thoughts raced through his mind. Even though he said that he was close he wasn't particularly confident in that statement.

"You might have to change the outlook you have of the rote Sir, think of it this way, you do art right. So let us say someone describe this really cool blue mountain they depicted in their latest artwork, the only problem the artist you are talking with are a jeweler so they have represented the moutain abstractly in blue beads as a pair of earrings, you two can depict that moutain but you might need to use other tools and another medium for the depiction and perhaps draw a picture rather than make earrings."
Anna suggjested.

"Adding more hours into the day? That's something you'll actually be able to do. With just a little pinch of maaaagick." Serge said emphasizing the word 'magick' with a wizardy tone.

"I know my Mentor can do that sort of crazy stuff but I fear it will be quite a few years before I can do the same."
Rosa said and sigh.
"It would be a practical skill to have though."

"I live and eat at the chantry and do odd jobs and errands around the place to help pay for my lodging. If I need any more money my mentor typically provides that. I help her out too at the doctor's office to pay off what she provides for me." Serge explained.

"So you have an arangement to work for the Fhantry for your lodging then?"
Rosa asked.
"Some of the Chantry members have that. I pay for my apartment from my student loan and my Mentor pinch in a bit as well so I get by until my stuies are done and I can get a job."

"I'm fairly low maintenance. It doesn't take much to keep me going. Having my own money would be nice though but I don't think I'd be able to hold down a job for too long."

"I think you undersell yourself Cousin, all you need is some dicepline and dedication to hold down a job, and sometimes you just have to in order to have money to live."
The young Cultist commented.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Nicole tried to keep focused, though it was admittedly difficult when she didn't understand the language nor see the other party. On seeing he was apparently done, Nicole arched an eyebrow. 'And you are..?' giving a critical look.

"I am Jeffry Amaris Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau Deacon and Security Chief of Chantry Steelhaven Hall of the Boston Tribunal."
The old mage said.
"And I am of sound mind, or at least so I would assume unless you have seen anything to indicate otherwise Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry said as he regarded you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:25 am

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
Jareth cooed happily and rubbed his head against you begging for petting.
Colin smiled and gave Jareth a few scritches before returning to the more pressing concerns.

"You have until your fellow mages storm in here intent on saving you from the intruding spirit they have been alerted to, or at least that is the most likely outcome, they still have free will to make another choice after all."
Wrinkle said and nodded, then as you considered things he was quiet and enjoyed is tea, giving you time to mull things over and go over details in peace.
He frowned, then nodded, fetching a sheet of paper and a bit of tape, and wrote in large lettering "Having tea with Old Man Wrinkle. Please do not disturb." and signed it, before stepping right outside to tape the note on his door.
Returning inside, he sighed, "Well, that might buy me a few moments and give the others some pause, at least..."

You got things written down, the problem off course being it was Alison falling ill and then Anna's examination which confirmed Dr Mossly's growing suspicion that the serum where dangerous.
He pondered, then scratched his head, "I think I have something... The man who introduced the serum to the Traditions for conspiracy to harm my apprentice during a discourtesy related to her trial. It has been discovered that the serum is based on the Hermetic lichdom potion, in an event not dependent on foreknowledge, and the doctor's narrative regarding how he reverse-engineered the substance has become suspect, owing to the knowledge of Primium particles in the formula, which would be virtually impossible to detect. Depending on how much the man actually knows about how the serum works, and what the Union uses it for, interrogating could go a long way in providing the necessary information... Does this sound like I am onto something, or am i barking up the wrong tree?"
He frowned, "Then there are other victims, and... hum... I don't suppose you know and can tell me whether any long-term serum victims have already passed on? If possible, a postmortem, perhaps even an exhumation, should provide evidence of the metal clumping..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:12 am

Anja's Post:

'Well... you did just spend the last few minutes talking to thin air in a language I didn't understand and waving crystals around.' Nicole replied, mentally double-checking everything to see if the Chief seemed to be himself. From what little contact she'd had with him so far, that is.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:45 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening. Returning to Steelhaven in the evening.)

A dozen werewolves were felled, too. We should honour them as a chantry, too. Tane said, darkly. I will go with him, then. Thanks for the update, friend. Tane said smiling softly, and continued on his way I should get going. thanks and farewell. Tane greeted, the fact that everytime he saw someone he passed less and less time with them not scaping him.

(Meeting with an old shaman.)

"My home is not a Caren, but I bring the spirits I find that needs help and healing and do what I can for them."
Mine is. He's called Tupuna. Tane said, jokinly. I'll have the tea, for a change. Thanks. He said and sat I can cut the cake if you have a knife. Tane said as he turned to see the spirits and tried to guess if any looked like the spirit he had around healing fo the spiritual parasyte.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:01 am

"You might have to change the outlook you have of the rote Sir, think of it this way, you do art right. So let us say someone describe this really cool blue mountain they depicted in their latest artwork, the only problem the artist you are talking with are a jeweler so they have represented the moutain abstractly in blue beads as a pair of earrings, you two can depict that moutain but you might need to use other tools and another medium for the depiction and perhaps draw a picture rather than make earrings."
Anna suggjested.

"Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense. That could work." Serge said. "We're all artist in our own ways. The way we do art is different but we all do it to influence the world around us. We all have our own styles." he said to himself.

He picked up his sketchbook and began to turn to another page. "I've always understood things better when I get the chance to draw them and imagine them thoroughly. Although with my art hand all oiled up I'll have to use the hand with the Hagalaz rune on it...which is strangely appropriate. Drawing with the hand that's supposed to cast the rote."

Just like he said, he pulled out a pencil with his non-dominant runed hand and began to, slowly as he wasn't used it using his left hand, draw. He wan't sure what exactly he wanted to draw so he just decided on drawing himself casting the rote on some poor faceless mook. He drew himself in a cool pose, with one arm stretched out towards the villain and the other one supporting it as if it were some kind of cannon. The Hagalaz rune was blazed on his palm in what looked like a seering fire as the mook had numerous cartoonish misfortunes befall him.

As he drew he thought about the rote. Tried to change how he viewed it. What exactly was he trying to do? Pull the strings of fate? Or was it something more than that? He let his mind wander as he struggled to draw, trying to focus on what the rote meant to him.

"So you have an arrangement to work for the Fhantry for your lodging then?"
Rosa asked.
"Some of the Chantry members have that. I pay for my apartment from my student loan and my Mentor pinch in a bit as well so I get by until my stuies are done and I can get a job."

"Yeah, sorta like that." Serge confirmed.

"I think you undersell yourself Cousin, all you need is some dicepline and dedication to hold down a job, and sometimes you just have to in order to have money to live."
The young Cultist commented.

"Well I won't know if I have those things until I actually get a job." he said with a shrug. "And with how hectic things have been I doubt that will be soon."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:32 am

Colin smiled and gave Jareth a few scritches before returning to the more pressing concerns.

The owl seamed quite happy about that.

He frowned, then nodded, fetching a sheet of paper and a bit of tape, and wrote in large lettering "Having tea with Old Man Wrinkle. Please do not disturb." and signed it, before stepping right outside to tape the note on his door.
Returning inside, he sighed, "Well, that might buy me a few moments and give the others some pause, at least..."

"At least you might end up raising a few eyebrows my good man."
Wrinkle said.

Adley when you and the two Quesitors reach Colin's door you see said note sitting on the door, even Master Tolle who seldomly showed emotion raised an eyebrow at that.
"It seams Mr Wainwright have a most dangerous guest."
He commented dryly.

He pondered, then scratched his head, "I think I have something... The man who introduced the serum to the Traditions for conspiracy to harm my apprentice during a discourtesy related to her trial. It has been discovered that the serum is based on the Hermetic lichdom potion, in an event not dependent on foreknowledge, and the doctor's narrative regarding how he reverse-engineered the substance has become suspect, owing to the knowledge of Primium particles in the formula, which would be virtually impossible to detect. Depending on how much the man actually knows about how the serum works, and what the Union uses it for, interrogating could go a long way in providing the necessary information... Does this sound like I am onto something, or am i barking up the wrong tree?"

"This would still be acting on knowledge you already have to try to make this mind tell you what you have learned in a future that now will never happen, so yes I am afraid you are barking up the wrong the tree Mr Wainwright."
Wrinkle said and sipped his tea again.
"I am afraid something have to be arranged so someone are put on this serum and then end up getting taken to the Sons of Ether clinic when symptoms starts to show, if the broken loop you have created are to be repaired."

He frowned, "Then there are other victims, and... hum... I don't suppose you know and can tell me whether any long-term serum victims have already passed on? If possible, a postmortem, perhaps even an exhumation, should provide evidence of the metal clumping..."

"There are several Mr Wainwright but you would not know to exhume them and examine them for such clumping if you had not learned it from a future that will not not take place so I am afraid that solution is not viable."
The Paradox Spirit said and sipped his tea again.

'Well... you did just spend the last few minutes talking to thin air in a language I didn't understand and waving crystals around.' Nicole replied, mentally double-checking everything to see if the Chief seemed to be himself. From what little contact she'd had with him so far, that is.

The old Hermetic gave a chuckle.
"Yes so I did, then again that would be prett normal for me."
He said sounding amused. He did seam to behave exactly like he used to behave.

[Serge] (Steehaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense. That could work." Serge said. "We're all artist in our own ways. The way we do art is different but we all do it to influence the world around us. We all have our own styles." he said to himself.

Anna nodded at that.

He picked up his sketchbook and began to turn to another page. "I've always understood things better when I get the chance to draw them and imagine them thoroughly. Although with my art hand all oiled up I'll have to use the hand with the Hagalaz rune on it...which is strangely appropriate. Drawing with the hand that's supposed to cast the rote."

Just like he said, he pulled out a pencil with his non-dominant runed hand and began to, slowly as he wasn't used it using his left hand, draw. He wan't sure what exactly he wanted to draw so he just decided on drawing himself casting the rote on some poor faceless mook. He drew himself in a cool pose, with one arm stretched out towards the villain and the other one supporting it as if it were some kind of cannon. The Hagalaz rune was blazed on his palm in what looked like a seering fire as the mook had numerous cartoonish misfortunes befall him.

As he drew he thought about the rote. Tried to change how he viewed it. What exactly was he trying to do? Pull the strings of fate? Or was it something more than that? He let his mind wander as he struggled to draw, trying to focus on what the rote meant to him.

Anna and Yu Die glanced over at your drawing as you worked. Well you do remember that in stories the hero often loose until he or she get some reminder to believe in themselves, perhaps you could do the Hagalaz spell not with affecting fate but by making your fote loose faith in themselves, make them thing that misfortune will befall them and in so doing they will mess things up for yourself, that you would be able to pull off, you would not need to directly control their mind, just give their self esteem a negative nudge which would make it much harder for them to pull whatever they are doing off.

"Yeah, sorta like that." Serge confirmed.

Rosa nodded at that.

"Well I won't know if I have those things until I actually get a job." he said with a shrug. "And with how hectic things have been I doubt that will be soon."

"I believe in you Serge I am sure you can do it, you just need some self esteem."
Rosa said and she gave you a warm smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening. Returning to Steelhaven in the evening.)

A dozen werewolves were felled, too. We should honour them as a chantry, too.

"That is sad, I did not meet them but it is sad our conflict lost them their lives. I know funerals will be held later."
Jon said and nodded.

Tane said, darkly. I will go with him, then. Thanks for the update, friend.

"Yeah not a problem, good to have you back."
Jon said before he continued on his way.

smiling softly, and continued on his way I should get going. thanks and farewell. Tane greeted, the fact that everytime he saw someone he passed less and less time with them not scaping him.

Jon gave you a wave and na smile.
"Be well also, catch you later."
He said before he left leaving you to go where you needed to go.

(Meeting with an old shaman.)

Mine is. He's called Tupuna. Tane said, jokinly. I'll have the tea, for a change. Thanks. He said and sat I can cut the cake if you have a knife. Tane said as he turned to see the spirits and tried to guess if any looked like the spirit he had around healing fo the spiritual parasyte.

"Is he now, that is a good name."
The old woman said as she found a cup of tea for you as well and put it on the table before sat down. None of the spirits seamed to have the same issues as the one you had at home, but they had different injuries and was in the process of healing. Some of the spirits looked at you and a tiny tree spirit came running over to you and looked at you with big eyes made out of hazelnuts.
"Let the man in peace little one."
The granmother werewolf warned and the little spirit ran back to the plant she had been sitting under.
"Do forgive them, they get curious of strangers."
The old shaman said fondly clearly caring about the little spirits she was caring for.
"Very well then young man."
She said and handed you plates for the cake.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:49 am

"At least you might end up raising a few eyebrows my good man."
Wrinkle said.
Colin smiled wryly, "At least you don't have a reputation for, hm, violence of the sort that was visited on one of my colleagues here this past week..."

"This would still be acting on knowledge you already have to try to make this mind tell you what you have learned in a future that now will never happen, so yes I am afraid you are barking up the wrong the tree Mr Wainwright."
Wrinkle said and sipped his tea again.
"I am afraid something have to be arranged so someone are put on this serum and then end up getting taken to the Sons of Ether clinic when symptoms starts to show, if the broken loop you have created are to be repaired."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Right, merely trying to establish a likely timeline for when the Traditions would normally have made the discovery... But that's not the pressing concern, after all."

"There are several Mr Wainwright but you would not know to exhume them and examine them for such clumping if you had not learned it from a future that will not not take place so I am afraid that solution is not viable."
The Paradox Spirit said and sipped his tea again.
He nodded, then frowned, and slowly put his pen down, "So that is how it's going to be, isn't it? The woman, Cecilia, who sold her soul to save her daughter... She's been on the serum for some time, despite being a Linear Mage. Here's the timeline I suggest, then; despite any and all efforts to treat her, we don't find a viable alternative method in at least five years, and owing to her own trauma, she is neither willing nor able to accept the lumbar puncture method of treatment... In five years' time, as she and her daughter are visiting my family for dinner during a visit to Horizon, she suffers a violent seizure, slipping into a coma, and her daughter assumes power of attorney, finally allowing the necessary scan to be performed while her mother is unconscious... does... this suggested chain of events seem to meet your requirements for a stabilized temporal loop?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:57 am

Colin smiled wryly, "At least you don't have a reputation for, hm, violence of the sort that was visited on one of my colleagues here this past week..."

"No I prefer to be more civilizen Mr Wainwright but make no mistake if I have to I can be quite strict."
The Paradox Spirit said sternly.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Right, merely trying to establish a likely timeline for when the Traditions would normally have made the discovery... But that's not the pressing concern, after all."

"It is not for that is not when you discovered about it."
The old man confirmed and sipped his tea.

He nodded, then frowned, and slowly put his pen down, "So that is how it's going to be, isn't it? The woman, Cecilia, who sold her soul to save her daughter... She's been on the serum for some time, despite being a Linear Mage. Here's the timeline I suggest, then; despite any and all efforts to treat her, we don't find a viable alternative method in at least five years, and owing to her own trauma, she is neither willing nor able to accept the lumbar puncture method of treatment... In five years' time, as she and her daughter are visiting my family for dinner during a visit to Horizon, she suffers a violent seizure, slipping into a coma, and her daughter assumes power of attorney, finally allowing the necessary scan to be performed while her mother is unconscious... does... this suggested chain of events seem to meet your requirements for a stabilized temporal loop?"

Wrinkle considered for a moment then he nodded thoughtfully.
"It could work, and the serum will have the same effect on anyone with magick as it would on a Awakened mage. The time flow want this woman though, to give her the same fate as your apprentice should have had, but it seams Master Morgan have decided to restrain her with his magick instead and I am sure I can talk to the timestream about that...this is an acceptable solution. But I can not affect Cecilia's free will to accept or not accept treatment, but uf she do not get it, then it is likely she will collapse and then taking her to the Sons of Ether clinic would solve the problem."
Wrinkle agreed after a while.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:55 am

"No I prefer to be more civilizen Mr Wainwright but make no mistake if I have to I can be quite strict."
Colin nodded, "An iron fist in a velvet glove, is it? But yes, even the gentlest of authorities needs to have some means of applying force behind their policies, or else nothing would be accomplished."

Wrinkle considered for a moment then he nodded thoughtfully.
"It could work, and the serum will have the same effect on anyone with magick as it would on a Awakened mage. The time flow want this woman though, to give her the same fate as your apprentice should have had, but it seams Master Morgan have decided to restrain her with his magick instead and I am sure I can talk to the timestream about that...this is an acceptable solution. But I can not affect Cecilia's free will to accept or not accept treatment, but uf she do not get it, then it is likely she will collapse and then taking her to the Sons of Ether clinic would solve the problem."
Wrinkle agreed after a while.
He nodded, "The time flow might be appeased by the fact that she has already been on the serum for some time, removing the need for additional doses... as for Cecilia's free will, I suspect she's going to need some amount of time and therapy before she will be able to consent in any case, and it seems highly plausible that even then, she will prefer to hold out for some method which will not involve stabbing her in the spine with medical implements..."
He grimaced, "It's... a bitter pill to swallow, but in this case, I will have to accept that suffering cannot be prevented, we may only be able to provide a small measure of comfort..."

He leaned back, then took a sip from his tea and looked up at Wrinkle, "I would ask one favour, though... seeing as I helped ensure the Consensus still exists, what with the Nephandi's attempt to unmake everything today, I think I might have earned the right to ask, at least... after Cecilia collapses in this scenario, can you persuade the timeline to either let her make a full recovery, or to at least expire peacefully and without further pain? Having her survive with moderate to severe brain damage would be... too cruel."
He frowned, "Oh, and if Beatrice Alexander survives the Union attack over New Year's... will we be having another such conversation, or will simply parts of the vision of the future wheree the Nephandi attack Horizon not come around exactly as they did?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Colin nodded, "An iron fist in a velvet glove, is it? But yes, even the gentlest of authorities needs to have some means of applying force behind their policies, or else nothing would be accomplished."

"Indeed whille I strongly prefer to sove things through polite conversation I am more than capable of enforcing the laws of reality if that becomes neccesary, let us hope it will not in this case."
Wrinke said as he regarded you over his teacup.

He nodded, "The time flow might be appeased by the fact that she has already been on the serum for some time, removing the need for additional doses... as for Cecilia's free will, I suspect she's going to need some amount of time and therapy before she will be able to consent in any case, and it seems highly plausible that even then, she will prefer to hold out for some method which will not involve stabbing her in the spine with medical implements..."
He grimaced, "It's... a bitter pill to swallow, but in this case, I will have to accept that suffering cannot be prevented, we may only be able to provide a small measure of comfort..."

"The exact time that Miss Sincair ends up in the Sons of Ether clinic is not of importance as long as enough time pass for Dr Mossly to get the idea on her own to check for residue from the serum using a brain scan and a catalyst made from lich blood, where you learned about the side effects of the serum have to happen even if it is in a somewhat changed way."
The Paradox spirit said and sipped his tea.

He leaned back, then took a sip from his tea and looked up at Wrinkle, "I would ask one favour, though... seeing as I helped ensure the Consensus still exists, what with the Nephandi's attempt to unmake everything today, I think I might have earned the right to ask, at least... after Cecilia collapses in this scenario, can you persuade the timeline to either let her make a full recovery, or to at least expire peacefully and without further pain? Having her survive with moderate to severe brain damage would be... too cruel."

"You may ask Mr Wainwright and I would if I could, but I do not control fate, I control time, the two are not the same. I do believe it is likely that Cecilia will recover well enough given time, unless she is given more of the serum than she have already been exposed of."
Wrinkle said and he sipped his tea again.

He frowned, "Oh, and if Beatrice Alexander survives the Union attack over New Year's... will we be having another such conversation, or will simply parts of the vision of the future wheree the Nephandi attack Horizon not come around exactly as they did?"

"The situation with Miss Alexander is different, with the discovery in the Sons of Ether clinic is that you have been acting on information, changing the fates and lives of several induviduals, and in that changing it so you would never get that information in the first place, that can not be allowed to stand. With the blood witch's reincarnation you have gotten a warning of a battle to come, but have not acted on information from the outcome of said battle, so nothing in that timeline is yet set in stone. We will have further conversations Mr Wainwright but not about this matter, though if Miss Alexander stay alive I suspect it will be harder for you to get close to the attacking Battle Cruiser's Handler."
The Paradox Spirit explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yes, but you said "sound mind".' Nicole retorted with a smirk. 'But think it's not a terminal case. Suggest more beer, TV and glossy magazines, I do. Perhaps getting a job in an office or something too.' gesturing towards the door, so they could leave.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:05 pm

'Yes, but you said "sound mind".' Nicole retorted with a smirk. 'But think it's not a terminal case. Suggest more beer, TV and glossy magazines, I do. Perhaps getting a job in an office or something too.' gesturing towards the door, so they could leave.

Jeffry grinned a little.
"I do not watch the television much, I am not the most comfortable with new technology, but there have been times when I have watched a concert or a moving picture."
The old Hermetic said.
"But yes let us go."
He added and headed out of the ritual room, once he had left the room and his ward had not gone off he muttered several Latin words and did some hand gestures to take it down, then he headed for the stairs.
"Thank you for your help Miss Bouchard."
The old Hermetic commented then he picked up his phone and sent a message.

Adey your phone will make the message sound, this is before you head up the stairs after encountering the terrified Poodle.

"To Mea Filius
I got a name from the spirit, but it is sensitive, please meet me when you have a chance to discuss this and bring Mr Wainwright aong as wel if possible. At least we seam to be safe for now, the spirit will not be attacking again.
Be Well
JW"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:15 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, Colin's apartment, 8 PM]
"Indeed whille I strongly prefer to sove things through polite conversation I am more than capable of enforcing the laws of reality if that becomes neccesary, let us hope it will not in this case."
Wrinke said as he regarded you over his teacup.
Colin smiled thinly, "I hope so, as well."

"The exact time that Miss Sincair ends up in the Sons of Ether clinic is not of importance as long as enough time pass for Dr Mossly to get the idea on her own to check for residue from the serum using a brain scan and a catalyst made from lich blood, where you learned about the side effects of the serum have to happen even if it is in a somewhat changed way."
The Paradox spirit said and sipped his tea.
He nodded thoughtfully, "I don't know when my family moves to Horizon, but I would presume it will be in the span of three or four years, then... no need to narrow it down further. Dr. Mossly's discovery... best make sure nobody shares the treatment with her right away; just make sure someone passes along the discovery that the serum is based on a lichdom potion, and see what she can figure out from that? I need to consult Master Adimari in regards to that, since I recommended Dr. Mossly for one of her clients..."

"You may ask Mr Wainwright and I would if I could, but I do not control fate, I control time, the two are not the same. I do believe it is likely that Cecilia will recover well enough given time, unless she is given more of the serum than she have already been exposed of."
Wrinkle said and he sipped his tea again.
He nodded, "You might put in a good word with Fate regarding the final outcome of a woman who was dealt a bad hand in life, though... Might be they'd respond favourably. Hum, come to think of it, is Fate male or female? I think I've seen references to both..."

"The situation with Miss Alexander is different, with the discovery in the Sons of Ether clinic is that you have been acting on information, changing the fates and lives of several induviduals, and in that changing it so you would never get that information in the first place, that can not be allowed to stand. With the blood witch's reincarnation you have gotten a warning of a battle to come, but have not acted on information from the outcome of said battle, so nothing in that timeline is yet set in stone. We will have further conversations Mr Wainwright but not about this matter, though if Miss Alexander stay alive I suspect it will be harder for you to get close to the attacking Battle Cruiser's Handler."
The Paradox Spirit explained.
He frowned and nodded, "Hopefully, I'll have made less of a kludge of things next time we speak... as for the Handler in twenty years, well, I suppose I'll have to find other ways to cheat, then, if Beatrice is still alive and well. Besides, it might be that we have a few polyps of our own by then, which would help with the outcome of the battle... In any case, twenty years is a long time, and a lot of things can change before then, rendering any predictions unreliable anyway..."
He smiled thinly, "Well, if that concludes our negotiations, perhaps you could indulge me and say what you think of my tea?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Anja's Post:

'Is there anything else, sir?' Nicole asked, once they were out of the room. Judging that if he was going to tell her the results of his questioning, he would have by now.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm

He nodded thoughtfully, "I don't know when my family moves to Horizon, but I would presume it will be in the span of three or four years, then... no need to narrow it down further. Dr. Mossly's discovery... best make sure nobody shares the treatment with her right away; just make sure someone passes along the discovery that the serum is based on a lichdom potion, and see what she can figure out from that? I need to consult Master Adimari in regards to that, since I recommended Dr. Mossly for one of her clients..."

"Yes Dr Mossly have to make the realization for her self so she should not be informed about your peaks into the future just yet, she will know what to do after you have moved to Horizon."
Wrinke said then he nodded.
"It is probably best if Master Adimari's client go to you and Dr Lee for aid rather than to Dr Mossly, originally he do die, but I will allow for him to live."
The Paradox Spirit decared.

He nodded, "You might put in a good word with Fate regarding the final outcome of a woman who was dealt a bad hand in life, though... Might be they'd respond favourably. Hum, come to think of it, is Fate male or female? I think I've seen references to both..."

"I can not, I might appear to you more...human than most spirits Mr Wainwright, but I to am what I am and can be nothing ese, I can not curry favors with such forces on your behalf, I am sorry."
The old man said and he finished his tea and put the cup down.
"As for the gender of fate it do not have such a distinction, but it's many manifestations have genders and there are both male and female maifestations."

He frowned and nodded, "Hopefully, I'll have made less of a kludge of things next time we speak...

"It certinly would be better for you if you have not yes."

as for the Handler in twenty years, well, I suppose I'll have to find other ways to cheat, then, if Beatrice is still alive and well. Besides, it might be that we have a few polyps of our own by then, which would help with the outcome of the battle... In any case, twenty years is a long time, and a lot of things can change before then, rendering any predictions unreliable anyway..."

The old man just nodded at this and said nothing, not wanting to disturb time and fate nor free will.

He smiled thinly, "Well, if that concludes our negotiations, perhaps you could indulge me and say what you think of my tea?"

"It do indeed conclude out negotiations Mr Wainwright I am satisfied that you will right the mess you have made."
Wrinkle said and stood.
"Ah the tea is is delicious, the best I have had in some time."
He said and smiled.
"I do thank you for your hospitality Mr Wainwright."
Wrinkle said and he picked up his hat, put it on and tipped it in your direction.
"I shall be on my way then my good man, try to stay on the mat."

'Is there anything else, sir?' Nicole asked, once they were out of the room. Judging that if he was going to tell her the results of his questioning, he would have by now.

"Ah...I do think the danger have passed for now, woud you be so kind as to go to Dr Lee's chambers and ask Mr Smithson to release my unfortunate Sodalis from her bounds and see to it that she gets medical attention?"
Jeffry requested.
"Other than that there is nothing further Miss Bouchard, you have been most helpful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:37 pm

A nod to this, then proffered the syringe. 'Oh, might want this back. Ever thought of having this made into an auto-injector, sir? Means it could be issued as standard kit when we go on raids and such.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Jeffry nodded he took the syringe with the serum back, carefully checked that the cap was on and put it in his pocket.
"Forgive me Miss Bouchard but what is a auto injector? I am afraid that with modern technology my knowledge is sadly lacking."
The old mage said and he gave you a puzzeled look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next