Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 27 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 27 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:39 am

[Adley] (Steehaven at 8 30 in the evening.)

"My brother...it's too bad I never got to meet him, he seemed a good man," he muttered, with a bit of a thoughtful frown on his face. Then he nodded. "Yes, a wise investment."

"I wish you had mea fi1ius, Peter was a good man, and he died a hero 1ike our Founder, sacrificing his 1ife to save others, a warrior's death. In many ways Peter's are the on1y one of my 1ost apprentices where whi1e I miss him, I can accept his passing, he got to 1ive a good, happy and 1ong life, he had apprentices of his own and he died a good death, there was meaning in that, I lost so many of the others far to young."
Jeffry said and sigh.

"Better, thanks," he replied. "Looks like you're back to work already."

"I am, I will have to take it somewhat easy for a while yet, but I can work, thank you for the help earlier Adley."
Richard said and smiled.
"He is right back at poking holes in pepole."
Helga said wryly.

'Yes, sir," he said with a nod and moved to do just that, and set about calming himself to start when he was ready to do so.

Jeffry started the ritual, he chanted in Greek calling on guartian enteties to protect the four quadrants, then facing the east he called on the spirit he wanted the aid of. Soon something that looked like swirling dust in the shape of a gazelle entered the room, looking at you and your mentor. Jeffry spoke it's name and offered it payment in the form of Quintessence and a sacrifice of fruit to help look for other spirits in the Chantry.

(OOC: I will pause there and let you add anything from Adley you might want before finishing the description.)

[Nicole] (Steehaven at 8 in the evening.)

Bouchard here. You were asking about me earlier?' the suspicion evident.

"I did indeed, I have heard some rumors that you might be interested in...further cybernetic upgrades."
The voice said without saying his name.

(OOC yes unless you wanted this hand to have the sending weight effect we talked about in it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 27 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Adley Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:51 am

"I wish you had mea fi1ius, Peter was a good man, and he died a hero 1ike our Founder, sacrificing his 1ife to save others, a warrior's death. In many ways Peter's are the on1y one of my 1ost apprentices where whi1e I miss him, I can accept his passing, he got to 1ive a good, happy and 1ong life, he had apprentices of his own and he died a good death, there was meaning in that, I lost so many of the others far to young."

He cleared a small space on the tablet off. 'I wonder if Claire knew him, less likely Dylan. I think they would be contemporaries at some point. Kyle's former incarnation was named Peter but in a different language, back when it was with the Diedne. I remember Erjne asking to call him Petrus.'

"I am, I will have to take it somewhat easy for a while yet, but I can work, thank you for the help earlier Adley."
Richard said and smiled.

"I'm just glad you're okay."

Jeffry started the ritual, he chanted in Greek calling on guartian enteties to protect the four quadrants, then facing the east he called on the spirit he wanted the aid of. Soon something that looked like swirling dust in the shape of a gazelle entered the room, looking at you and your mentor. Jeffry spoke it's name and offered it payment in the form of Quintessence and a sacrifice of fruit to help look for other spirits in the Chantry.

He looked to see if it was a spirit that he'd seen before. Air spirits were curious sometimes so he was not put off that it was regarding him. He gave it an incline of his head in greeting, listening to the procession of things to make sure everything was going as expected and what exactly his pater was asking of it - there were a lot of spirits that normally lived in the chantry, plus his spiderling gaffling friends and probably others that had come close if they needed shelter and could not evacuate like the others had done.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:01 am

He cleared a small space on the tablet off. 'I wonder if Claire knew him, less likely Dylan. I think they would be contemporaries at some point. Kyle's former incarnation was named Peter but in a different language, back when it was with the Diedne. I remember Erjne asking to call him Petrus.'

"It is a good possibility that she did know him, at least in passing from Tribunals. As for Peter's name hum...it makes me wonder why he choose it when he was initiated, then again it is a common name I know several magi named Peter and he was not even the only one in our Cabal so named, the Deacon Primus of our allied Chantry, the Preaco of Boston is named so as well."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"I'm just glad you're okay."

"I am glad as well my friend, being stabbed is not on my list of favorites."
Richard said and frowned.

He looked to see if it was a spirit that he'd seen before. Air spirits were curious sometimes so he was not put off that it was regarding him. He gave it an incline of his head in greeting, listening to the procession of things to make sure everything was going as expected and what exactly his pater was asking of it - there were a lot of spirits that normally lived in the chantry, plus his spiderling gaffling friends and probably others that had come close if they needed shelter and could not evacuate like the others had done.

The gazelle looked at you curiously for a moment, she had silver eyes, then she continued speaking in simple Enochian with Jeffry. You had seen the ltitle air elemental before working with your pater. Jeffry asked it to tell him of all spirits in the Chantry, that would include everyone spirit that lived there and the spiderlings, however the spirit would not attack these spirits just rapport about them, letting your Mentor know if anything where amiss. Once he was done Jeffry thanked the elemental and set it to it's task before closing the ritual, finishing up by bowing to the east to show the spirit respect and then taking a deep breath to center himself again.

(I rolled for the combined ritual and got 4 sucsesses so that should be enough.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:27 am

"It is a good possibility that she did know him, at least in passing from Tribunals. As for Peter's name hum...it makes me wonder why he choose it when he was initiated, then again it is a common name I know several magi named Peter and he was not even the only one in our Cabal so named, the Deacon Primus of our allied Chantry, the Preaco of Boston is named so as well."

"It could be a coincidence," he agreed. Peter was a very common name after all, at least in 'recent' history. He cleared up the note he had written.

"I am glad as well my friend, being stabbed is not on my list of favorites."

"I'd be worried if it was," he said with a raised eyebrow. He nodded at Helga too, smiling a bit at her joke.

The gazelle looked at you curiously for a moment, she had silver eyes, then she continued speaking in simple Enochian with Jeffry. You had seen the ltitle air elemental before working with your pater. Jeffry asked it to tell him of all spirits in the Chantry, that would include everyone spirit that lived there and the spiderlings, however the spirit would not attack these spirits just rapport about them, letting your Mentor know if anything where amiss. Once he was done Jeffry thanked the elemental and set it to it's task before closing the ritual, finishing up by bowing to the east to show the spirit respect and then taking a deep breath to center himself again.

He watched as she went off on her task, dutifully, and then joined his pater in closing the ritual and facing east with a bow as well. All seemed to have gone as normal, and he stood a moment to let the energies settle again. His pater could easily have called the elemental himself; perhaps he wished to work with him and remind him of Kaysha, who he had interacted with less often than the fire imps. Plus it was always good to have someone at your back with a Call, especially in a situation with possibly unwanted spirits somewhere.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 am

Anja's Post:

'And... just how did you hear about this?' suspicion deepening.

[Your choice, Great One. Could be that Marcus felt being 'able to feel' was not needed. Or that the boosted gyros / blades crowded out the kit needed for sensor pads. Aka allowing it to sneak in under the bar of the Enhancement rating].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:44 am

"It could be a coincidence," he agreed. Peter was a very common name after all, at least in 'recent' history. He cleared up the note he had written.

"It could be, we should still keep an open mind about it though mea filius."
Jeffry said and he looked rather toughtful for a moment.

"I'd be worried if it was," he said with a raised eyebrow. He nodded at Helga too, smiling a bit at her joke.

"Strawberry sorbet icecream, old black and white movies and getting stabbed all you need for a great evening."
Richard joked. Helga smiled a little though not allot, she seldom smiled and when she did her smile never touched her eyes.

He watched as she went off on her task, dutifully, and then joined his pater in closing the ritual and facing east with a bow as well. All seemed to have gone as normal, and he stood a moment to let the energies settle again. His pater could easily have called the elemental himself; perhaps he wished to work with him and remind him of Kaysha, who he had interacted with less often than the fire imps. Plus it was always good to have someone at your back with a Call, especially in a situation with possibly unwanted spirits somewhere.

"Thank you for assisting me mea fiius."
Jeffry said when the energies of the ritua had dissapated, and the ritual room was again just a stone chamber and not a holy meeting point between flesh and spirit.
"I wanted someone else with me just in case something else went wrong today."
The old mage said as if he knew what you where wondering about.
"I know I could have done this ritua alone but it is safer with two...and besides after all this...I wanted to do a working with you, one where or lives where not literary hanging from a thread."
He said and put a hand on your shoulder.
"You are turning into a fine young mage Adley."
He said warmly.
"Well...I will not ask for more of your time."

[Nicole] (Steehaven at 8 30 in the evening.)

"Among others of our Tradition, we do have some watercooler talk after all, and not all of it is about which's laser gun is the biggest...are you interested Miss?"
The voice over the phone said.

(OOC: That works for me, you where thinking Nicole would do modifications to the hand then to be able to use it for her effect?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:11 am

"Is it?"
Colin smiled wryly, "You would be amazed at how many introductory physics books forget elementary things like Newton's Laws, for example, or how often one has to comb through half a dozen similar books to find the one that contains a specific explanation of a phenomenon... Not sure if linguistics has the same problem, but I imagine it would be quite embarrassing to have to dig through three books in front of the class to find the one which explains a language's peculiar use of the genitive."

"Two of the books are possible to get for sleepers but they are rare and costely, Adley have shown me this domain on the internet called Amazon I have seen their pricing there, I got them when they where new though and paid considerably less. The third book I won in a card game from a drunk, Greek Chorister."
Jeffry informed you.
He nodded, "Ah, he Millennium Falcon of textbooks... hum, I do hope it's in Latin or English? My Greek is, to put it mildly, not up to snuff."

"There's enough to keep me busy a few lifetimes maybe," he said. Then tilted his head and nodded. "I don't tend to drink, aside from a friendly offer now and again and the time I had imbued wine but in company would be good. At least I got some sleep, and I hope you do the same soon."
He nodded, "I will."

"Ah yes I have noticed that Miss Adlebloom favor a quite sharp shade of serpentine green, a softer shade of green for socks might be wise though indeed."
Jeffry said and he sounded amused.
He grinned, "You should see the house we get on Horizon. At least the ghost cat isn't green, too..."

"I am not rich Mr Wainwright but I can afford a fine attire for my student so no need to safe to much on the material. Come by my office before you leave for the tailor to give you the little plastic card with my accunt number for founding."
The old Hermetic instructed.
He shook his head, "It would not be so much a matter of saving on the material, as of getting materials that are sturdy and appear like more expensive, but less durable fabrics."

"Or somewhere in the umbra...I don't know."
"It could be Mr Wainwright but it is hard to say, it could be a reference to a spiritual procedure or working as well and not a actual physical place."
Jeffry said.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Could be. Either way, I suspect we need help to find it."

"Yes I was thinking that now that we will be getting a proper infirmary I do not need a treatment room in my apartment, and you need another bedroom for your apprentice, tomorrow works very well provided that Captain Welder is well enough to be moved at that time."
Richard said and nodded.
He smiled, "Even if Captain Welder is not yet well enough to be moved, we can at least take a look at what furniture we simply exchange, and work out the rearrangements ahead of time. And thank you."

"That would be great, just take a seat we are doing this here since the infirmary is full."
Richard said and he finished up with Helga, putting the bag of blood from her in a box with arcane symbols on the side, you could not be sure it it looked like the blood was frozen in time, so it would be just as fresh as it where at this point when it was needed. Richard worked his simple healing ritual to heal the Cutlist's arm and then gave her a glass of juice.
"Thank you."
He told her.
"Take it easy for a little while."
Helga nodded she rolled her sleeve back down and sipped her juice. Richard went to wash his hands and put on fresh gloves and then came back over to you.
"Would you like me to numb your arm Colin?"
He asked.
He nodded and hooked his jacket over the back of the chair before sitting down and rolling his sleeve up past his elbow, "Not much need to numb the arm - the draining sensation always bothered me more than the needle anyway, and I've got a pretty good blood vessel to draw on. Hm, I did pick up a touch of Jhor during the battle, though - not sure if that's going to complicate things."

((OOC: And now to make a list of Colin's Downtime plans. Oi vey...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:09 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening.)

Colin smiled wryly, "You would be amazed at how many introductory physics books forget elementary things like Newton's Laws, for example, or how often one has to comb through half a dozen similar books to find the one that contains a specific explanation of a phenomenon... Not sure if linguistics has the same problem, but I imagine it would be quite embarrassing to have to dig through three books in front of the class to find the one which explains a language's peculiar use of the genitive."

"I can assure you that that I keep track of which books have Hermetic secrets and which are safe to leand to others since I could be sternly punished for sharing such secrets, I would suspect you would keep track of what was in what book as well Mr Wainwright if your life depended on it."
Jeffry said wryly.

He nodded, "Ah, he Millennium Falcon of textbooks... hum, I do hope it's in Latin or English? My Greek is, to put it mildly, not up to snuff."

"The book is in English though some of the chants and benedictions are in Greek."
Jeffry said then he raised an eyebrow.
"I do not think I have heard about that kind of bird before, and what do it have to do with winning a book in a bet?"
He asked sounding confused.

He grinned, "You should see the house we get on Horizon. At least the ghost cat isn't green, too..."

"I am sure it will be when Miss Adleboom earn enough of Ars Spiritus."
Jeffry said sounding amused.

He shook his head, "It would not be so much a matter of saving on the material, as of getting materials that are sturdy and appear like more expensive, but less durable fabrics."

"Very well I will leave it to you then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Could be. Either way, I suspect we need help to find it."

The old Hermetic just nodded at that.

He smiled, "Even if Captain Welder is not yet well enough to be moved, we can at least take a look at what furniture we simply exchange, and work out the rearrangements ahead of time. And thank you."

"Agreed we can have a look over furniture and see what can remain and what needs to be moved, and we should do so before the expedition to Ikea tomorrow we what might be needed can be purchased from there."
Richard said and nodded.

He nodded and hooked his jacket over the back of the chair before sitting down and rolling his sleeve up past his elbow, "Not much need to numb the arm - the draining sensation always bothered me more than the needle anyway,

"Well it depend on what you mean when you say draining sensation, if it is the sensation of pressure difference in the vein, then I can fix that just by numbing the nerves around your veins if it is the sensation of slight cold and weakness that can come from even a minor blood loss thought that is harder to do something about."
Your Cabalmate commented.

and I've got a pretty good blood vessel to draw on. Hm, I did pick up a touch of Jhor during the battle, though - not sure if that's going to complicate things."

"You have always been and easy stick during your yearly check ups."
Richard commented and started examining your arm gently.
"You are the kind of person we always give to the beginners, a healthy adult male who are fit but not ripped with muscle...Jhor though do complicate things, it makes the bllood vessels smaller and deeper and the skin more translucent which makes things harder since then a spiderweb of capillar veins obscure any sight, making those who suffer from the Resonance pale with a bluish cobweb sheer to the skin, as the condtion grow worse hands and feet will get colder and the heartrate slower and the skin will look more yellowish...I have diagnosed quite a few mages with Jhor just by looking at their veins and then asked that they get themselves scanned to confirm it as there are other reasons why someone might have thin, deep veins."
He expained.
"You should study the skin of your apprentice if she is Fallen she allmost certinly have Jhor and looking at her skin can often tell you how bad it is...you can see it here....this is the vein I have usually used and it will usually bulge out even without a tourniqet but now you only see a blue line under the skin."
He said and pointed before he tied the tourniqet gently.
"But I can still hit that, but do rapport to me if you start getting other signs of Jhor and keep an eye on it, it will make you more at risk for some illnesses, and healing those with Jhor is a pain, it is as if their body itself fight the healing, I had to help a badly affected Euthanathos who had been shot, it worked but I have never been so worn out from a spell before."
While he talked Richard placed the needle expertly causing very little pain.
"There we go...is all well my friend?"
He asked as he taped the needle down so it would not move during the process.
"Now just sit still for a few minutes and we should be all done. Hum...talking of your apprentice I would like to check her puls and blood pressure and general health before she go to bed, just to be sure she is safe and okey."

(OOC: I might be getting a new kitten tomorrow if all go well. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:18 pm

"It is a descriptive language by that I mean that words that are just sounds will not work for the sounds are different, but the description of a name could be used so therefor Yager could be spoken but I have no idea if Serge means anything. But yes you could say sugarmuffin in the Nephandi language."
Anna explained and she giggeled.

"Ahhh the glorious sugarmuffin. Feared Nephandi warlord. Capable of corrupting anything by repeatedly saying his name then using the irony to power is spell." Serge said with a smile.

"True, I think I prefer the real thing though, she is cute."
Anna said and she petted the tiny, white rat with the large ears that where sleeping in her lap.

"Eh. Why not both. Find the real one in a group of fakes
Serge said before triumphantly snapping and saying "That's another game idea!"

"We could as one of the Hermetic Scribes House Shaea they are linguists and also I hear that Master Morgan's apprentice is a linguist as well."
Yu Die suggjested.
"Cool we can do that."
Anna agreed.
"Hermetics know allot of things that is what they do."

"Of course theirs a house for this. You think you've got a good grasp on all of the Hermetic Houses and then you find about another obscure one." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:28 pm

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening.)

"Ahhh the glorious sugarmuffin. Feared Nephandi warlord. Capable of corrupting anything by repeatedly saying his name then using the irony to power is spell." Serge said with a smile.

Anna giggels at that.
"Well yes that would be quite some Nephandus, feared by all."
She joked.

"Eh. Why not both. Find the real one in a group of fakes
Serge said before triumphantly snapping and saying "That's another game idea!"

"I think perhaps that woud be more fun for someone Jane's age than for us Sir."
Anna said.
"And besides all you woud do is look at the energy of all of them and you would see who where turly alive."
The young Orphan commented.

"Of course theirs a house for this. You think you've got a good grasp on all of the Hermetic Houses and then you find about another obscure one." Serge said with a smile.

"It is not obscure Sir they are a major House, they where not a founding House but they are a major one now, and I know this and I literary just joined the Traditions three hours ago."
Anna said and she raised an eyebrow. Yu Die giggeled but she said politely.
"The Order of Hermes have allot of Houses Sir it is not easy to keep track of them all.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 pm

"I can assure you that that I keep track of which books have Hermetic secrets and which are safe to leand to others since I could be sternly punished for sharing such secrets, I would suspect you would keep track of what was in what book as well Mr Wainwright if your life depended on it."
Jeffry said wryly.
Colin nodded, "Fair point. Science textbook authors are seldom put to a firing squad for such a slip. Fired, perhaps, but not in so severe a manner..."

"The book is in English though some of the chants and benedictions are in Greek."
Jeffry said then he raised an eyebrow.
"I do not think I have heard about that kind of bird before, and what do it have to do with winning a book in a bet?"
He asked sounding confused.
He shook his head, "Ah, no, the Millennium Falcon is a... ship from a popular movie series; the owner won it in a game of cards. It's an entertaining series of movies, but perhaps not to everyone's taste."

"I am sure it will be when Miss Adleboom earn enough of Ars Spiritus."
He grimaced, "Oh, perish the thought; I'm not sure if that would constitute animal cruelty or something equally objectionable..."

"Agreed we can have a look over furniture and see what can remain and what needs to be moved, and we should do so before the expedition to Ikea tomorrow we what might be needed can be purchased from there."
Richard said and nodded.
He nodded, "I have a meeting with Chief Morgan at two. I'll probably get some work done before that, and a couple of shopping runs, but try to schedule it right after that?"

"Well it depend on what you mean when you say draining sensation, if it is the sensation of pressure difference in the vein, then I can fix that just by numbing the nerves around your veins if it is the sensation of slight cold and weakness that can come from even a minor blood loss thought that is harder to do something about."
Your Cabalmate commented.
He sighed, "The latter, I'm afraid - though, that's only happened when I've donated, not with a simple blood test or the like."
He frowned, "Oh, while you're at it, would you mind drawing a sample for Chief Morgan while you're at it? Court order, you know; might have to get a regular fresh sample, owing to a small inconvenience I underwent during the battle."

"You have always been and easy stick during your yearly check ups."
Richard commented and started examining your arm gently.
"You are the kind of person we always give to the beginners, a healthy adult male who are fit but not ripped with muscle...Jhor though do complicate things, it makes the bllood vessels smaller and deeper and the skin more translucent which makes things harder since then a spiderweb of capillar veins obscure any sight, making those who suffer from the Resonance pale with a bluish cobweb sheer to the skin, as the condtion grow worse hands and feet will get colder and the heartrate slower and the skin will look more yellowish...I have diagnosed quite a few mages with Jhor just by looking at their veins and then asked that they get themselves scanned to confirm it as there are other reasons why someone might have thin, deep veins."
He expained.
"You should study the skin of your apprentice if she is Fallen she allmost certinly have Jhor and looking at her skin can often tell you how bad it is...you can see it here....this is the vein I have usually used and it will usually bulge out even without a tourniqet but now you only see a blue line under the skin."
He said and pointed before he tied the tourniqet gently.
"But I can still hit that, but do rapport to me if you start getting other signs of Jhor and keep an eye on it, it will make you more at risk for some illnesses, and healing those with Jhor is a pain, it is as if their body itself fight the healing, I had to help a badly affected Euthanathos who had been shot, it worked but I have never been so worn out from a spell before."
While he talked Richard placed the needle expertly causing very little pain.
"There we go...is all well my friend?"
He asked as he taped the needle down so it would not move during the process.
He nodded, "I contracted it under... rather unique circumstances; suffice to say, I have no intention of jumping into a Caul again, the first time was risky enough. But yes, I will keep an eye on it - and on the bright side, it does mean I have easy access to a test subject for my upcoming research into removing it. As for the needle, I'd be lying if I claimed it felt good, but it does feel like it's working just right."

"Now just sit still for a few minutes and we should be all done. Hum...talking of your apprentice I would like to check her puls and blood pressure and general health before she go to bed, just to be sure she is safe and okey."
He nodded, "I'll make sure to bring her down here - if you're not here at that time, I'll send you a text. Best not bring her up to the infirmary..."

((OOC: New kitty! Yay! Post pics! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:34 pm

"I think perhaps that woud be more fun for someone Jane's age than for us Sir."
Anna said.
"And besides all you woud do is look at the energy of all of them and you would see who where turly alive."
The young Orphan commented.

"Really now?" Serge said unconvinced. "You think it's that easy? What if there was no apparent difference between any of them? They all looked identical and behaved in similar manners with similar energies. How would you find the real one then?"

"It is not obscure Sir they are a major House, they where not a founding House but they are a major one now, and I know this and I literary just joined the Traditions three hours ago."
Anna said and she raised an eyebrow. Yu Die giggeled but she said politely.
"The Order of Hermes have allot of Houses Sir it is not easy to keep track of them all.

"What! Really?" Serge said in disbelief before shrugging his shoulders. "Oh well. Yu Die's right. You hear so many different house names after a while you tend to stop paying attention on which ones are the major or minor ones."

(OOC: Congrats on the new kitten Anja!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Colin nodded, "Fair point. Science textbook authors are seldom put to a firing squad for such a slip. Fired, perhaps, but not in so severe a manner..."

"Yes well the Order of Hermes tend to be rather...old fashioned with it's justice system and jealous of it's secrets."
Jeffry commented dryly.

He shook his head, "Ah, no, the Millennium Falcon is a... ship from a popular movie series; the owner won it in a game of cards. It's an entertaining series of movies, but perhaps not to everyone's taste."

"I see, well I do not spend allot of time watching moving pictures Mr Wainwright I tend to prefer reading."
The old Hermetic commented.

He grimaced, "Oh, perish the thought; I'm not sure if that would constitute animal cruelty or something equally objectionable..."

"Yes...well at least the spirit animal might protest."
Jeffry said with a wry smile.
"So it is best not to."

He nodded, "I have a meeting with Chief Morgan at two. I'll probably get some work done before that, and a couple of shopping runs, but try to schedule it right after that?"

"That works well for me."
Richard said and nodded.
"The Ikea trip is planned for the afternoon so it should be enough time...now make a first please."
He added.

He sighed, "The latter, I'm afraid - though, that's only happened when I've donated, not with a simple blood test or the like."

"Yeah, then it is not pressure difference that you might feel with blood tests but not usually when donating and vice versa feeling a bit of cold and weakness will generally not happen with blood tests since such a small amount of blood is taken, I can stop the sensation you talk about as well but that is far more involved."
Richard commented as he worked.

He frowned, "Oh, while you're at it, would you mind drawing a sample for Chief Morgan while you're at it? Court order, you know; might have to get a regular fresh sample, owing to a small inconvenience I underwent during the battle."

"Sure, I will take care of it Colin, you probably should have a check up more regularly as well to make sure there are no physical issues from the Jhor."
The Akashic said.

He nodded, "I contracted it under... rather unique circumstances; suffice to say, I have no intention of jumping into a Caul again, the first time was risky enough. But yes, I will keep an eye on it - and on the bright side, it does mean I have easy access to a test subject for my upcoming research into removing it.

"I heard that you jumped in a Node...and if it had not been for me suspecting that the Chief have already done so I should tell you a few things about your personal safety, I am concerned about you though Colin, this stuff is dangerous, you do not want to play with corruption and Jhor and shit!"
Richard said with a worried frown.

As for the needle, I'd be lying if I claimed it felt good, but it does feel like it's working just right."

"Well it is a 16 gauge bit of steel breaking the skin so if that felt good then your nervous system would be somewhat odd, I do some stress relief accupuncture sessions that are rather comfortable but then we are talking hair thin needles just bearely breaking skin, that is not quite the same, let me know if it get a bit to uncomfortable though."
Richard said wryly.

He nodded, "I'll make sure to bring her down here - if you're not here at that time, I'll send you a text. Best not bring her up to the infirmary..."

"Better text me to make sure that I am done with the donations first, if she is as scared as you describe I doubt she would want to see that. Also if te poster make her nervous tell her that she is far to young to donate so no one will pressure her, or anyone for that matter it is perfectly fine for those who do not want to donante to not do so."
Richard said.
"The same when I hang up a notice about vaccines let er know it do not concern her, it is best if she is not worried I might try something."

"Really now?" Serge said unconvinced. "You think it's that easy? What if there was no apparent difference between any of them? They all looked identical and behaved in similar manners with similar energies. How would you find the real one then?"

"Unless you are quite skilled with the Sphere of Life Sir and give the illusions perfect life patterns, which would be allot of work for a game, then they would not have the same energies."
Anna said flatly.

"What! Really?" Serge said in disbelief before shrugging his shoulders. "Oh well. Yu Die's right. You hear so many different house names after a while you tend to stop paying attention on which ones are the major or minor ones."

"If you want political power it is a good idea to pay attention to which are a major and which are a minor House Sir."
Anna said and Yu Die nodded.
"That is true a major House would have allot more influence than a minor one, though not always House Mercere is a minor House now but it is a founding House and they have wast influence for example."
The young Akashic explained.

(OOC: I will. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:04 pm

[Morgan's office]

"I don't dig through books in front of my class. That's what lecture notes are for, though if someone was paying close enough attention to ask me a question I needed to look up, I might be impressed! And having a good memory doesn't hurt either, it's one of the things that you just sort of have to pick up, ways to recall a lot of information from various sources and if you need to look it up again, where you got it from. It happens though that we forget of course."

"Two of the books are possible to get for sleepers but they are rare and costely, Adley have shown me this domain on the internet called Amazon I have seen their pricing there, I got them when they where new though and paid considerably less. The third book I won in a card game from a drunk, Greek Chorister."
Jeffry informed you.

"I have to teach some others, you are welcome to sit in on any lessons in Greek language with me."

He nodded, "I will."

"Let me know when you want to get a drink then. I remember AJ said something about whiskey, hopefully he'll be feeling better soon."

He lifted his brows. "At least it would not be hard to find. Ghost cat?"

"Probably," he agreed.

"I need to go with you, let me know I need furniture. And yeah, I forgot to tell you about the offer to room swap looks like you already found out though."

[ritual room]

"Strawberry sorbet icecream, old black and white movies and getting stabbed all you need for a great evening." Richard joked. Helga smiled a little though not allot, she seldom smiled and when she did her smile never touched her eyes.

"Best two out of three?" he gave them a wave and carried on downstairs.

"Thank you for assisting me mea fiius." Jeffry said when the energies of the ritua had dissapated, and the ritual room was again just a stone chamber and not a holy meeting point between flesh and spirit. "I wanted someone else with me just in case something else went wrong today." The old mage said as if he knew what you where wondering about. "I know I could have done this ritua alone but it is safer with two...and besides after all this...I wanted to do a working with you, one where or lives where not literary hanging from a thread. He said and put a hand on your shoulder.
"You are turning into a fine young mage Adley."
He said warmly.
"Well...I will not ask for more of your time.""

"Probably a good idea, since we don't know if there are any other hostile spirits around and we have a lot of...guests. And...thank you sir.," he said with a smile at the praise. "Well...I have no idea what I should do now, it's evening and soon I will be not feeling great soon enough. Maybe I'll visit the library and pull some books down then continue upstairs to my room..." He took a moment to think if there was anything right now that needed his attention. "Ah, there is one thing sir, I wanted to ask you about." He took the writing board out. 'The spirit watching over B overheard some things that perhaps it would have been better if it had not and it can only tell the truth of the matter if someone should think to ask it anything. I was wondering what do you think we should do? Keep spirit there for some while longer as it has not been more than a few days? At the end of its task we agreed to give it some Q. but I have none and I am sure we are low at the moment. After that, he nodded to him and said, "Have a good evening sir. I will see you in the...morning I guess to have breakfast with our new family member."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : missed a post)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:05 pm

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)
Well hello Bianca. Who might your sister be? I don't recall. Tane asked taking her hand and kissing it gallantly.

(Talking with an old shaman.)
I mean, have you ever been there? What lives there? How can i reach it, how do i reach it?

[Tane's apartment]
If you like, I can go over the Eight Protocols with you next week, give you a rough overview of the dos and don'ts - they're deceptively simple.
I understand. I'm studying laws so that would come in handy if you can help me.

Some Thralls are Sleepers abducted and forced into servitude; killing them would be... unkind.
That was not the case, or so they said. And if they can ambush us one by one out here, that'd be dangerous.

we're not unable to translate our Paradigms to others. And my own Avatar has taken physical control of my body on a few occasions.
Then i'm surprised they are so far away with their ancestral knowledge. Regretfully, Gandija is uncapable of helping me in this kind of dealings.

You were told we wanted the Trapmaker alive, and you made no attempt to hold back even after you'd taken her down... That's a problem.
I did. I cut her hand because i saw her making runes and new traps even only with that, so she was not neutralized. In any case, she's alive, right? that's all we needed. I didn't slit her throat, and i could have.

I did find a reliable method of disposing of corrupted Quintessence yesterday without ill effects, but that burns off the Quintessence entirely rather than leave a cleansed product in its stead...
Then we need to share notes, for i belive i have done it without problem.

I believe she was targeted for herself, not for you - though, that does not necessarily mean you won't be targeted as well.
Tane nodded at this and looked displeased.

They are two ways, two distinct methods. Rather comparable to the difference between making whipped cream using a whisk, and using an electric mixer.
It's still beating the cream. that's the way. What you use, it's still beating it. I suppose there's other way, much hasty but risky. Or maybe a couple more.

By the way, i need to ask you something, specifically. Who is "The Handler". It protected the last labyrinth.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:25 pm

"I suspect a bright green spirit animal would stand out indeed."

"Best two out of three?" he gave them a wave and carried on downstairs.

"I am all fore old movies and strawberry sorbet as long as we skip the stabbing."
Richard joked and Helga muttered something under her breath about stabbing and winced as Richard stuck her to draw her blood and your Cabalmate grinned a little. at that.

"Probably a good idea, since we don't know if there are any other hostile spirits around and we have a lot of...guests. And...thank you sir.," he said with a smile at the praise. "Well...I have no idea what I should do now, it's evening and soon I will be not feeling great soon enough. Maybe I'll visit the library and pull some books down then continue upstairs to my room..." He took a moment to think if there was anything right now that needed his attention.

"Indeed we do not want to put our guests in any danger after all."
Jeffry said and nodded in agreement.
"Getting a book and doing some reading and relaxing do sound like a good idea would you might just checking on your brother before you retire though?"
Your Mentor requested.

"Ah, there is one thing sir, I wanted to ask you about." He took the writing board out. 'The spirit watching over B overheard some things that perhaps it would have been better if it had not and it can only tell the truth of the matter if someone should think to ask it anything. I was wondering what do you think we should do? Keep spirit there for some while longer as it has not been more than a few days? At the end of its task we agreed to give it some Q. but I have none and I am sure we are low at the moment. After that, he nodded to him and said,

"We can do noting about it hearing anything unfortunate however we can release it, I will go and take care of it as soon as we are done here."
The old Hermetic said as soon as he had read what you had written.

"Have a good evening sir. I will see you in the...morning I guess to have breakfast with our new family member."

"That we will...good night mea filius, rest well."
Jeffry said with a warm smile before you left.
"I will dismiss Truth and attend to some duties then I will allow myself some dark chocholate and a glass of brandy."
He added.
"I do think I have earned a little indulgence."

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Well hello Bianca. Who might your sister be? I don't recall. Tane asked taking her hand and kissing it gallantly.

"Beatrice Alexander is my sister, I was an apprentice of Master Nassa once though I had to change Mentors when I was unable to learn much more than the basics and it was found I never Awakened, another teacher taught me hedge magic later."
The girl said then she giggeled as you kissed her hand.
"Nice to meet you, a gentleman I see...anyway thank you for being kind to Bee."

(Talking with an old shaman.)

I mean, have you ever been there?

"No I have not, I have had no reason to take such a risk."
The old woman said before sipping her tea again.

What lives there?

"The most pure manifestations of perfect chaos and the few lost souls who have wandered in and now live in a never ending, chaotic swirl, ever changing from one thing to the next."

How can i reach it, how do i reach it?

"If you have to ask me how to find the manifestation of the Wyld itself you are not powerful enough to survive it, you need to ally yourself with a shaman able to find a sliver of sanity in the vortex, if not entering that realm will mean a never ending shifting between forms, shapens being and time, there is not even death in that place, only change."
The old shaman warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:20 pm

"Indeed we do not want to put our guests in any danger after all."
Jeffry said and nodded in agreement.
"Getting a book and doing some reading and relaxing do sound like a good idea would you might just checking on your brother before you retire though?"
Your Mentor requested.

"Sure. You left one of your friends up there, but it's on my way so no problem," he agreed.

"We can do noting about it hearing anything unfortunate however we can release it, I will go and take care of it as soon as we are done here."
The old Hermetic said as soon as he had read what you had written.

"Not that I want to keep it longer than it's appointed needs, but..." he said, and wrote out, 'Would it be better to let it free now, or wait until things settle down? I honestly do not know perhaps they will never settle down and of course we cannot keep them indefinitely. It just seems that we brought it to try to help us prove her innocence and I am not sure that it worked.' After that he cleared up the writing board.

"That we will...good night mea filius, rest well."
Jeffry said with a warm smile before you left.
"I will dismiss Truth and attend to some duties then I will allow myself some dark chocholate and a glass of brandy."
He added.
"I do think I have earned a little indulgence."

"Sounds nice, put something on that old Victrola for me." He nodded to him and headed out, to check on his brother and then the library - priorities in order.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 pm

[Tane's apartment]
I understand. I'm studying laws so that would come in handy if you can help me.
He nodded, "Very good. Tuesday, half past four, my apartment? Then I can go over the Eight Protocols with my daughter-apprentice at the same time."

That was not the case, or so they said. And if they can ambush us one by one out here, that'd be dangerous.
He nodded, "That's true, if they can ambush us one by one, that would be dangerous - but honestly, no more dangerous than the Union. We've shattered the spine of the Nephandi in Boston; it will take some time before they become a threat here again - they will eventually, of course, but losing such an integral chunk of infrastructure and leadership is going to inconvenience them greatly. There are other... worries to keep an eye on for some time."

Then i'm surprised they are so far away with their ancestral knowledge. Regretfully, Gandija is uncapable of helping me in this kind of dealings.
He shrugged, "Not all Traditions are as... in tune with the spirit world as your Craft is. If indeed you can all sing an Avatar from a host's body, that is, if you'll pardon my skepticism, rather incredible."

I did. I cut her hand because i saw her making runes and new traps even only with that, so she was not neutralized. In any case, she's alive, right? that's all we needed. I didn't slit her throat, and i could have.
He arched an eyebrow, "So you are saying you did not advance further on her and threaten her life as she collapsed?"

Then we need to share notes, for i belive i have done it without problem.
He nodded, "Indeed we do."

It's still beating the cream. that's the way. What you use, it's still beating it. I suppose there's other way, much hasty but risky. Or maybe a couple more.
He nodded, "You are confusing the outcome with the method, I think... Yes, you are still whipping the cream, but one method uses muscle power, the other uses machine power. Both get the same result, but one is quicker and easier on the arm at a cost of, well, a higher electric bill.

By the way, i need to ask you something, specifically. Who is "The Handler". It protected the last labyrinth.
He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, yes, I was going to ask you a couple of questions in that regard, myself... Why were you late getting out of the ship? I hope you're going to tell me that helping your werewolf allies evacuate their fallen just took a little more time, and not that you tried to attack the Handler or the ship?"
He frowned, "Speaking of which, I'd like an introduction to the werewolves that helped; I should like to offer them my condolences for their loss, and a gift to commemorate our victory and honour our losses today..."
He shook his head, "But, you asked about the Handler... the Labyrinth in Boston was a landed Battlecruiser - a gargantuan fleshy polyp, as you might have noticed. The polyps are about as intelligent as a dog, and would not serve the Nephandi like they do without a Handler - a Mage whose mind and soul have been grafted to that of the polyp. Usually, the polyp is corrupted by the Fallen, to increase compatibility with a Fallen Mage, and the whole affair is a... particular kind of nastiness. The one we fought on board, however - the Handler joined with her ship before the Nephandi as a faction Fell, back when they were merely a loosely affiliated group banding together for protection from the Order of Hermes. The Lady Dalisse never Fell, and the Fallen did not dare force her through that out of fear of what the ship might do... While you fought - valorously if not entirely wisely, I might add - I was negotiating with the Handler for her help in the battle, and directly and indirectly aided our forces by hobbling the Nephandi and directly countering Larson's work. She let me share in her link with the ship, to observe the fighting and... other things."

[Morgan's office]
"I don't dig through books in front of my class. That's what lecture notes are for, though if someone was paying close enough attention to ask me a question I needed to look up, I might be impressed! And having a good memory doesn't hurt either, it's one of the things that you just sort of have to pick up, ways to recall a lot of information from various sources and if you need to look it up again, where you got it from. It happens though that we forget of course."
He nodded, "Of course."

"Yes well the Order of Hermes tend to be rather...old fashioned with it's justice system and jealous of it's secrets."
Jeffry commented dryly.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, and how great a reassurance it is that those laws of secrecy don't extend to outsiders who somehow learn such secrets, so it's not technically legal for the more zealous members of the Order to violently protect such secrets. Why, one might almost think it could be safe to display such knowledge, even without the intent to share..."

"I see, well I do not spend allot of time watching moving pictures Mr Wainwright I tend to prefer reading."
The old Hermetic commented.
He smiled, "I don't think you've missed out on all that much, really."

"I have to teach some others, you are welcome to sit in on any lessons in Greek language with me."
He smiled wryly, "I was thinking of enrolling in a class or two at the college, actually. But private lessons might be more efficient."

"Let me know when you want to get a drink then. I remember AJ said something about whiskey, hopefully he'll be feeling better soon."
He nodded, "I'll be draining my bottle of gin with the pilot who got me to the battle today. After everything else urgent is dealt with. I can send you a text, thought you might be a little lost next to two old war veterans drinking and reminiscing."

He smiled, "The house Freddy and I will buy on Horizon is haunted, it seems. As far as hauntings go, a kitten is not the worst housemate, I suppose."

"Yes...well at least the spirit animal might protest."
Jeffry said with a wry smile.
"So it is best not to."
He nodded sagely, "Yes, best not to."

[Common room]
"I need to go with you, let me know I need furniture. And yeah, I forgot to tell you about the offer to room swap looks like you already found out though."
He nodded, "Freddy told me."

"That works well for me."
Richard said and nodded.
"The Ikea trip is planned for the afternoon so it should be enough time...now make a first please."
He added.
He clenched his fist, "Excellent."

"Yeah, then it is not pressure difference that you might feel with blood tests but not usually when donating and vice versa feeling a bit of cold and weakness will generally not happen with blood tests since such a small amount of blood is taken, I can stop the sensation you talk about as well but that is far more involved."
Richard commented as he worked.
He shook his head, "Don't worry about it. Besides, I am getting drunk tonight; having that sensation tampered with might be a trifle risky when I'm already at a diminished tolerance level."

"I heard that you jumped in a Node...and if it had not been for me suspecting that the Chief have already done so I should tell you a few things about your personal safety, I am concerned about you though Colin, this stuff is dangerous, you do not want to play with corruption and Jhor and shit!"
Richard said with a worried frown.
He smiled wryly, "He'll be giving me that lecture at two tomorrow, actually. But there's no real purpose to lecturing me on it; it was a desperate move to stop the thing that had come out of the Caul and killed five people already. I knew I had a better chance than anyone at taking down the Caul and evict the not-thing that had come out to slaughter, especially before more lives were lost. I don't regret doing so, but it did hurt like several hells at once."

"Well it is a 16 gauge bit of steel breaking the skin so if that felt good then your nervous system would be somewhat odd, I do some stress relief accupuncture sessions that are rather comfortable but then we are talking hair thin needles just bearely breaking skin, that is not quite the same, let me know if it get a bit to uncomfortable though."
Richard said wryly.
He grimaced, "You'll have to forgive me for not quite buying into the idea of making people feel better by stabbing them with needles... besides, Anna would never forgive me for taking such a risk."

"Better text me to make sure that I am done with the donations first, if she is as scared as you describe I doubt she would want to see that. Also if te poster make her nervous tell her that she is far to young to donate so no one will pressure her, or anyone for that matter it is perfectly fine for those who do not want to donante to not do so."
Richard said.
"The same when I hang up a notice about vaccines let er know it do not concern her, it is best if she is not worried I might try something."
He nodded, "Good point. And yes, I hope we can get everyone else here vaccinated; she'll need herd immunity - and she'll know she's not getting poked."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Anja's Post:

A silence, the sound of someone exhaling. 'I... well...' a hesitant pause, voice quiet '-what are you talking about exactly?' If the man on the other end was good at reading tone, they'd tell that the woman was conflicted; running mainly on suspicion and perhaps a gut dislike of the idea - but also a flicker of curiosity.

[It's merely whether you feel the hand as-is would come in under the current dot rating. My own feeling is that it may not; thus the thought of it being 'inferior' in an aspect or two to even it up. However, I'm not an impartial judge on this - I would prefer you to make this call].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 pm

"Unless you are quite skilled with the Sphere of Life Sir and give the illusions perfect life patterns, which would be allot of work for a game, then they would not have the same energies."
Anna said flatly

"Oh you meant magical energies. I thought you meant, like, playfullness and stuff like that. Serge said realizing and correcting his mistake.

"No your right, that's a whole different ballgame. Although I would like to try and fool those senses as well. I think I might be able without needing mastery in another sphere but thats just me speculating."

"If you want political power it is a good idea to pay attention to which are a major and which are a minor House Sir."
Anna said and Yu Die nodded.
"That is true a major House would have allot more influence than a minor one, though not always House Mercere is a minor House now but it is a founding House and they have wast influence for example."
The young Akashic explained.

"I've never been one to really care about political power or politics in general." Serge admitted. "But yeah. I could see how that kind of information would be useful."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:41 am

"Sure. You left one of your friends up there, but it's on my way so no problem," he agreed.

"Thank you mea filius what do you mean left one of my friends up there by the way?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"Not that I want to keep it longer than it's appointed needs, but..." he said, and wrote out, 'Would it be better to let it free now, or wait until things settle down? I honestly do not know perhaps they will never settle down and of course we cannot keep them indefinitely. It just seems that we brought it to try to help us prove her innocence and I am not sure that it worked.' After that he cleared up the writing board.

Jeffry frowned and seamed to be considering this.
"The situation have also changed, originally we wanted to prove Miss Alexander's inosence so the Quesitors would not go after her, now we have a presedence that support her case I am not sure that Truth can add much to that."
He said.
"And with what it might have overheard it might be best not to have the spirit hanging around."

"Sounds nice, put something on that old Victrola for me." He nodded to him and headed out, to check on his brother and then the library - priorities in order.

"I will do so mea filius...good night."
Jeffry said and smiled. You got up to Kyle's new apartment and the boy opened the door, he still had the book he had been told to study in his hands.
"Hi Adley."
He said and smiled when he saw you.

"Oh you meant magical energies. I thought you meant, like, playfullness and stuff like that. Serge said realizing and correcting his mistake.

"No your right, that's a whole different ballgame. Although I would like to try and fool those senses as well. I think I might be able without needing mastery in another sphere but thats just me speculating."

"Well then it would be a magickal exercise for you far more than a game for us. I get the point of trying to do the best one can with magick, stretching one's limits that is how one learn. I have little interest in having my mind messed with though I do not like loosing control."
Anna said and Yu Die nodded the young Akashic looking rather nervous over the topic.

"I've never been one to really care about political power or politics in general." Serge admitted. "But yeah. I could see how that kind of information would be useful."

"Well the one who never takes part in the political game will be blown around by their winds with no control Sir."
Anna said then she nodded.
"True knowledge is power."

(Colin:)

He smiled wryly, "Yes, and how great a reassurance it is that those laws of secrecy don't extend to outsiders who somehow learn such secrets, so it's not technically legal for the more zealous members of the Order to violently protect such secrets. Why, one might almost think it could be safe to display such knowledge, even without the intent to share..."

"Yes well have you noticed how unpopular Popes with controversial ideas tend to get suddenly ill or fall down stairrs or in other way meet an early end, it is now legal for the Catholic Church to kill their unpopular leaders either but there is always someone willing to break the law out of loyalty to their organisation, do you think the Order would be less zealous Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said as he regarded you.

He smiled, "I don't think you've missed out on all that much, really."

Jeffry just nodded at that.

He smiled, "The house Freddy and I will buy on Horizon is haunted, it seems. As far as hauntings go, a kitten is not the worst housemate, I suppose."

"It makes me wonder if it is the ghost of a cat, or the love and memory of a beloved pet which have created a spirit."
Jeffry mused.
"Well it do not matter for now I suppose."

He nodded sagely, "Yes, best not to."

Jeffry smiled at that.
"Indeed better not to."

Common room:

He shook his head, "Don't worry about it. Besides, I am getting drunk tonight; having that sensation tampered with might be a trifle risky when I'm already at a diminished tolerance level."

"I would undo the magick before sending you off the thing is that loosing sensation in your body might be worse than the sensation we are trying to block."

He smiled wryly, "He'll be giving me that lecture at two tomorrow, actually. But there's no real purpose to lecturing me on it; it was a desperate move to stop the thing that had come out of the Caul and killed five people already. I knew I had a better chance than anyone at taking down the Caul and evict the not-thing that had come out to slaughter, especially before more lives were lost. I don't regret doing so, but it did hurt like several hells at once."

"I understand Colin, sometimes you have to do what you have to do."
Richard said as one of the first to accept what you had done.
"I assume you did not Fall, and I am glad to see you have come out of it in one piece but shit that must have been terrifying, I am not sure I could have done that."
He added sounding impressed.

He grimaced, "You'll have to forgive me for not quite buying into the idea of making people feel better by stabbing them with needles... besides, Anna would never forgive me for taking such a risk."

"I would think the number of pepole swearing by accupuncture speaks for itself Colin but no, your apprentice probably would not appriciate it, she might be afraid on your behalf, poor child."

He nodded, "Good point. And yes, I hope we can get everyone else here vaccinated; she'll need herd immunity - and she'll know she's not getting poked."

"That is not going to be easy, some of the older magi do not see the point and since they have not been part of the vaccination program from the start we are talking about allot of vaccines at once which they might protest. I have spoken with a few pepole and the response have been mixed..."
Richard said and sigh.
"From Miss Rozzo I got a lecture about the evils of vaccines. Miss Gottschalk says her apprentice will be following the German vaccination program and Europe have far fewer vaccines than USA, and giving several shots at once is allmost unheard of other than for travel vaccines so the Adepta Majora told me in no uncertain term there where no chance that I will be giving her apprentice six injections at once, followed by something scary in German. Then there is little Cava that we bought to get Jace's blood she probably have no vaccines at all and Master Haagen will be her teacher and he is skeptical....that is allot of pepole to convince."

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening)

A silence, the sound of someone exhaling. 'I... well...' a hesitant pause, voice quiet '-what are you talking about exactly?' If the man on the other end was good at reading tone, they'd tell that the woman was conflicted; running mainly on suspicion and perhaps a gut dislike of the idea - but also a flicker of curiosity.

"I create enchanstment and need someone to test out some new designs upon, especially I have a new neural CPU with are removable and do not require open skull surgery which will allow for more advanced enhansments, I do not expect you to ust lay down on a slab and let me operate on you though, if you are interested we should meet Miss Bouchard."
The man said over the phone.

(OOC: it really depend if it is a built in thing of the hand or if she is using the hand as a focus for her effect.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 am

"Thank you mea filius what do you mean left one of my friends up there by the way?" Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.

'I saw one of the imps up there, he said that you said for them to keep an eye on my brother.' He wrote out and showed him the reply.

Jeffry frowned and seamed to be considering this. "The situation have also changed, originally we wanted to prove Miss Alexander's inosence so the Quesitors would not go after her, now we have a presedence that support her case I am not sure that Truth can add much to that." He said. "And with what it might have overheard it might be best not to have the spirit hanging around."

He frowned. 'That is so. Very well, sir. I cannot afford to pay him at the moment as I have no quintessence but our agreement stood at one dram upon end of his duties if I recall.'

You got up to Kyle's new apartment and the boy opened the door, he still had the book he had been told to study in his hands.
"Hi Adley." He said and smiled when he saw you.

"Hey, just wanted to check in before it got too late," he said. "Everything okay?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:00 am

[Morgan's office]
"Yes well have you noticed how unpopular Popes with controversial ideas tend to get suddenly ill or fall down stairrs or in other way meet an early end, it is now legal for the Catholic Church to kill their unpopular leaders either but there is always someone willing to break the law out of loyalty to their organisation, do you think the Order would be less zealous Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said as he regarded you.
Colin nodded, "Yes, funny how that sort of thing happens. You would think 'emulate Christ' and 'clean up corruption' wouldn't be controversial in the Catholic Church, but there you go... and any large, old organisation will have zealots like that - to varying extents."

"It makes me wonder if it is the ghost of a cat, or the love and memory of a beloved pet which have created a spirit."
Jeffry mused.
"Well it do not matter for now I suppose."
He shrugged, "Does one truly preclude the other?"

[Common room]
"I would undo the magick before sending you off the thing is that loosing sensation in your body might be worse than the sensation we are trying to block."
He nodded, "No need to add excess complexity to it all."

"I understand Colin, sometimes you have to do what you have to do."
Richard said as one of the first to accept what you had done.
"I assume you did not Fall, and I am glad to see you have come out of it in one piece but shit that must have been terrifying, I am not sure I could have done that."
He added sounding impressed.
He nodded, "I did not Fall; I've been examined and investigated, and the Law has declared me cleared of that charge. My Avatar is rather unique, though, and I'm fairly certain you could not have done what I did - in fact, I am not sure any other Mage alive today could have pulled it off."
He frowned, "It's bound to hit the grapevine now anyway; my Avatar is a shard cluster - an amalgamation of fragmented Avatars. Not only did she defend herself against the Caul's attempt to touch her, she picked up the loose fragments left behind in there from, well... from there. No danger of Falling, as such, but my potential has become... unsettling."

"I would think the number of pepole swearing by accupuncture speaks for itself Colin but no, your apprentice probably would not appriciate it, she might be afraid on your behalf, poor child."
He smiled wryly, "Oh, I'm not saying it's without effect - but while a Mage, whether Linear or Awakened, can use acupuncture as a method of inducing actual healing, it does seem that Sleeper use of the technique amounts to little more than a well documented placebo effect. Not, mind, that there is anything wrong with using a placebo effect to heal; it still works, just for different reasons than advertised... And yes, best not let Anna know that I donated blood, either..."

"That is not going to be easy, some of the older magi do not see the point and since they have not been part of the vaccination program from the start we are talking about allot of vaccines at once which they might protest. I have spoken with a few pepole and the response have been mixed..."
Richard said and sigh.
"From Miss Rozzo I got a lecture about the evils of vaccines. Miss Gottschalk says her apprentice will be following the German vaccination program and Europe have far fewer vaccines than USA, and giving several shots at once is allmost unheard of other than for travel vaccines so the Adepta Majora told me in no uncertain term there where no chance that I will be giving her apprentice six injections at once, followed by something scary in German. Then there is little Cava that we bought to get Jace's blood she probably have no vaccines at all and Master Haagen will be her teacher and he is skeptical....that is allot of pepole to convince."
He pondered, "European countries use more multiple vaccines, though, don't they? If we could get our hands on some of those, that might help with Madame Gottschalk's objections. Miss Rizzo will need a lecture on Polio and Smallpox, and how vaccine deniers have managed to reintroduce Measles to America... as for the more senior Magi, well, I have a few ideas for how to convince Master Morgan, for example... Master Nassa might be willing and able to help produce compound vaccines, too, come to think of it, once someone explains the problem to him."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:05 am

(Jeffry's Office)

Colin nodded, "Yes, funny how that sort of thing happens. You would think 'emulate Christ' and 'clean up corruption' wouldn't be controversial in the Catholic Church, but there you go... and any large, old organisation will have zealots like that - to varying extents."

"Yes you would think so, most organizatons though when they get arge and powerfu enough it's members have a tendency to fall for the temptation of more riches and power rather than integrity, or you know the temptation to push someone that know something they should not down a set of stairs but ehm...accident."
Jeffry said wryly.

He shrugged, "Does one truly preclude the other?"

"No one do not preclude the other as such though a ghost and a created spirit would be sightly different from one another."
The old Hermetic said and smiled.

(Common room)

He nodded, "No need to add excess complexity to it all."

Richard just nodded at that.

He nodded, "I did not Fall; I've been examined and investigated, and the Law has declared me cleared of that charge. My Avatar is rather unique, though, and I'm fairly certain you could not have done what I did - in fact, I am not sure any other Mage alive today could have pulled it off."
He frowned, "It's bound to hit the grapevine now anyway; my Avatar is a shard cluster - an amalgamation of fragmented Avatars. Not only did she defend herself against the Caul's attempt to touch her, she picked up the loose fragments left behind in there from, well... from there. No danger of Falling, as such, but my potential has become... unsettling."

"A shard cluster? I have never heard of such a thing, but it seams that having a somewhat unusua Avatar created an opertunity to stop a Nephandi pot so then it is all good just as long as you are not hurt my friend."
Richard said as he regarded you seaming to accept that your spiritual bits where just a bit unusual.

He smiled wryly, "Oh, I'm not saying it's without effect - but while a Mage, whether Linear or Awakened, can use acupuncture as a method of inducing actual healing, it does seem that Sleeper use of the technique amounts to little more than a well documented placebo effect. Not, mind, that there is anything wrong with using a placebo effect to heal; it still works, just for different reasons than advertised... And yes, best not let Anna know that I donated blood, either..."

"Well accupuncture is a form of magick it rose from Taoist mystesism and many do not realize that the way it works is by balancing and manipulating spiritual energies in the body, it is the same as with homeopathy it is streight up magick, the guy who created the system where a well known occultist but somehow it have gotten the same status as herbs and such, but it is a energy manipulation system, the practitioner need to be able to use this energy to get effect, however there are allot of lesser mages of both types out there who never attracted the notice of any Faction who can make such methods work, and the widespread belief in such system helps to soften the Consensus to magick so I would say it is all good."
Richard said then he nodded to Andrew who stood looking at the blood drive poster clearly considering whatever or not to donate.
"As for Anna I will not tell her and I will heal your arm so there will be no mark, though it might still be a little bit sore."
Your Cabalmate added.

He pondered, "European countries use more multiple vaccines, though, don't they? If we could get our hands on some of those, that might help with Madame Gottschalk's objections. Miss Rizzo will need a lecture on Polio and Smallpox, and how vaccine deniers have managed to reintroduce Measles to America... as for the more senior Magi, well, I have a few ideas for how to convince Master Morgan, for example... Master Nassa might be willing and able to help produce compound vaccines, too, come to think of it, once someone explains the problem to him."

"Europe do use more expensive combination vaccines to a greater extent than us this is true, though we also use them, the issue is more that Germany vaccinate against 12 illnesses in their regular plan while USA have nearly 60...I think Jane would be fine though, she get the flu shot each year and select the injection over the nose spray, and no Anna can not get that as it is not be given to those with any sort of weakened immune system or prior health problems, anyway Jane never seam to react much to it, and she is curious about the process the kid want to become a doctor when she growns up, but her Mentor is still concerned about her. As for Miss Rozzo that will be a challange as she seam to think vaccines is a plot to rob pepole of their magick, when I told her I have every single vaccines and a few extra for visits with my grandmother in China and last I checked I could use magick just fine she indicated a wish to challange me to a knife duel."
The Akashic said and frowned.
"Master Nassa might be easy to pursuade though Beatrice is completely up to date with her vaccination program other than this year's flu shot and she would not have kept it up if her Mentor where against it, though it might be more out of habit than anything else as she is remarkably healthy for someone with Jhor in their system, it must be the Life magick she study, myself as well very seldom fall ill. I will talk with Master Nassa though but Miss Rozzo and those who believe like her...hum...I know a Virtual Adept polio survivor...I might invite him to the Chantry for a visit."

I saw one of the imps up there, he said that you said for them to keep an eye on my brother.' He wrote out and showed him the reply.

Jeffry looked at your tablet and nodded.
"Ah that is what you meant, yes I sent one of my little firends to keep an eye on him to make sure he is safe and since Dr Lee warned me that he might have reactions to what was done at the hospital today I felt it prudent to have someone keep watch, however the boy would probably still appriciate being checked up on by someone he can see."
Your Mentor explained.
"I need to teach the kid to see spirits properly, perhaps that will be first on the lesson plan after learning the hand gestures...hum..."
He said more to himself than to you.

He frowned. 'That is so. Very well, sir. I cannot afford to pay him at the moment as I have no quintessence but our agreement stood at one dram upon end of his duties if I recall.'

"I will take care of the spirit's payment mea filius and yes that is the agreement as it stands."
Jeffry said.

"Hey, just wanted to check in before it got too late," he said. "Everything okay?"

"I am fine Adley, I am just reading and trying to do these hand gestures, they look so easy but can be a pain to get right."
Kyle said and smiled.
"Thank you for checking up on me, how are you doing? Did you get some rest?"

(OOC: Shard cluster auto correct not shard custard though I am sure the Avatar eaters on Horizon would love that. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:29 am

[Morgan's office]
"Yes you would think so, most organizatons though when they get arge and powerfu enough it's members have a tendency to fall for the temptation of more riches and power rather than integrity, or you know the temptation to push someone that know something they should not down a set of stairs but ehm...accident."
Jeffry said wryly.
Colin grimaced, "And you don't get much larger organizations these days than the Traditions and the Technocracy... Not sure how organized the Nephandi are, as such, since they were taken over by the oblivion-happy crowd..."

[Common room]
"A shard cluster? I have never heard of such a thing, but it seams that having a somewhat unusua Avatar created an opertunity to stop a Nephandi pot so then it is all good just as long as you are not hurt my friend."
Richard said as he regarded you seaming to accept that your spiritual bits where just a bit unusual.
He nodded, "I hear tell they are exceedingly rare; a conscious one even more so - though various Umbra explorers have apparently come across them, and I hear tell some Union... serfs have Awakened to some extent after being 'accidentally' exposed to drifting clusters. I suspect that given time, clusters will meld together to birth entirely new Avatars, though - indistinguishable from one that originated as a gestalt."

"Well accupuncture is a form of magick it rose from Taoist mystesism and many do not realize that the way it works is by balancing and manipulating spiritual energies in the body, it is the same as with homeopathy it is streight up magick, the guy who created the system where a well known occultist but somehow it have gotten the same status as herbs and such, but it is a energy manipulation system, the practitioner need to be able to use this energy to get effect, however there are allot of lesser mages of both types out there who never attracted the notice of any Faction who can make such methods work, and the widespread belief in such system helps to soften the Consensus to magick so I would say it is all good."
Richard said then he nodded to Andrew who stood looking at the blood drive poster clearly considering whatever or not to donate.
"As for Anna I will not tell her and I will heal your arm so there will be no mark, though it might still be a little bit sore."
Your Cabalmate added.
He frowned, then glowered, "Oh, don't get me started on bloody homeopathy. The notion that water that's barely been in the presence of the medicine cabinet can possess medical qualities, the less of the agent there is the more potent it becomes, is complete and utter bunk, magic or not... I will acknowledge that acupuncture has a beneficial effect, but I've heard too many tales of homeopaths who tell their patients to eschew actual medical treatment for a few drops of overpriced distilled water. One of the chaps I was in Iraq with lost his mother that way; liver cancer, and she dropped chemotherapy in favour of her bloody homeopath..."

"Europe do use more expensive combination vaccines to a greater extent than us this is true, though we also use them, the issue is more that Germany vaccinate against 12 illnesses in their regular plan while USA have nearly 60...I think Jane would be fine though, she get the flu shot each year and select the injection over the nose spray, and no Anna can not get that as it is not be given to those with any sort of weakened immune system or prior health problems, anyway Jane never seam to react much to it, and she is curious about the process the kid want to become a doctor when she growns up, but her Mentor is still concerned about her. As for Miss Rozzo that will be a challange as she seam to think vaccines is a plot to rob pepole of their magick, when I told her I have every single vaccines and a few extra for visits with my grandmother in China and last I checked I could use magick just fine she indicated a wish to challange me to a knife duel."
The Akashic said and frowned.
"Master Nassa might be easy to pursuade though Beatrice is completely up to date with her vaccination program other than this year's flu shot and she would not have kept it up if her Mentor where against it, though it might be more out of habit than anything else as she is remarkably healthy for someone with Jhor in their system, it must be the Life magick she study, myself as well very seldom fall ill. I will talk with Master Nassa though but Miss Rozzo and those who believe like her...hum...I know a Virtual Adept polio survivor...I might invite him to the Chantry for a visit."
He nodded, then pondered, "I do believe the German regimen will be quite sufficient, in general, though you might want to cross-reference with the more high-probability diseases that can crop up here that are unheard of in Europe - a good, well-founded argument might convince Madame Gottschalk to accept a few extra shots to the schedule. As for Miss Rizzo..."
He grinned almost wickedly, "Perhaps we should ask Master Nassa to convince her of the merits of an ounce of prevention over a pound of cure? It might be interesting to see her challenge him to a knife duel over the issue."

((OOC: Better than a shart cluster. Or worse, shart custard... lol! ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next