Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 20 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 pm

[Chief's Office]

"I can do that, although I'd word it a bit differently." Serge said with a nod. "I draw in the car and build up the spell on the journey. Once we pull up I'll finish the spell and knock the guards out and we can walk in no problems."

"As long as you realize this is not an action flick Mr Yager and that this guard will not wait to act until it fit the story, there will not be much time for you to finish your spell once you are at the apartment."
Jeffry said sternly.

"Yes, the magick will only affect those who had prior intentions of looking for Shawn." Serge said with a nod. "Remember, my spell before didn't cause everyone around me to stop caring about the explosion. It only caused those curious about the explosion to stop caring about the explosion."

"Very well then you may proceed."
The Chief said with a nod.

"Of course they did..."

"Your Cabalmate are living with a burden mea filius."
Your Mentor said.
"Even if it can also be a boon at times."

Colin nodded, "That is a far better plan than what I for some reason had the impression of, yes. I'll ask when I swing by the common room. If she tells me anything, I'll send a text."

"Ah good good I much prefer to read a proper text than those horrid little electronic letters."
Jeffry agreed enthusiastically.
"Do deliver me a text on the matter if you get anything out of the bird."

He frowned, "Then we use a gun. Or other means of subduing the guard. Perhaps a taser or something similar, rather than leaving bullets in our wake?"

"That is a good point Mr Wainwright and we might have a taser down in weapons storage."
Jeffry said with a nod.

He frowned and rattled off the address, "...and I would very much like to stress that this is a rescue operation, not an abduction. I suggest we return to the topic when there is less of a time crisis going on... and we will return to this topic."

"Agreed, time is of the essence and this a topic that we very much will have to return to it seams, when there is time."
The old Flambeau agreed."

'Just an off-the-cuff idea, sir. Not every idea is a good one. And that was before the "let her sleep" idea was said.'

"Whatever or not the idea had merit Miss Bouchard is not the issue here, the issue was that it was cruel and unnecessary, and it is when one stop seeing someone as thinking individuals that one get such ideas, the most horrible cruelty have been inflicted by those who do not see their enemies as people. And while what you did are not on scale with those atrocities it comes from the same callousness."
Jeffry said with a sigh.

That's not force - it's trickery. And I always look to cheat in battle.' completely unabashed.

"You wanted to let a terrified prisoner suffer Miss Bouhard it is the same as saying it is not torture to not offer morphine to a wounded enemy unless they talk."
The old Hermetic said with a stern look in his eyes.

Why would I?' clearly thrown by this. 'Was under the impression this was more a rescue mission than capturing a source of intel.'

"Because you refer to this poor, tortured creature as an it Miss Bouchard which do not fill me with confidence!"
The Chief exclaimed.

'Perhaps if I'd been informed that the risk of a pandemic had gone-' glancing at Colin for just a moment '-I would have not have thought a bit of mental pain as worthwhile price to pay.' Nicole replied mulishly.

"I have abstained from getting involved in your disagreement with Mr Wainwright until now Miss Bouchard but I feel I have to say at this point that your willingness to let a helpless prisoner suffer is not something you can blame on your Cabalmate choosing to inform his loved one about a situation which can lead to her death before you. Also you know full well staking do not just cause a bit of mental pain, and if Mr Yager could reduce that suffering for your prisoner that offer should be made, regardless of how dire the situation was, we are not savages Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said darkly.
"However as time is not on our side...we will sit down, and we will discuss this matter later."

Nicole gave a nod to Colin as she entered the address into the street map on her phone, to take a look at the target building.

It was a three story, low rent apartment building with no name in Mattapan, right next to it was a delli and dollar store, it was the kind of place police did not go to and where no one would care if they heard screams from one of the apartments.

"Yes I did and I am very glad someone noticed something." Serge said with a wide smile on hearing the impressed tone in his cabalmates voice. "Glad to hear it did it's job. I don't get to do that kind of magick too often."

"Your spell was quite useful young man."
Jeffry agreed with a slight smile.
"Your teacher taught you well."

On overhearing the address, Serge did the same thing as Nicole and searched it up on his own phone.

It was a run down, three story apartment building in a shitty, run down part of town.

[Upstairs]

He nodded, "That will be excellent... should I bring the ashes for that discussion?"

"Yes that would probably be a good idea Mr Wainwright and I will see if finding the woman's soul will even be possible."
Crexia agreed with a nod.

He smiled to Jon, using maybe a fraction of a second to recognize him, "Ah, there you are. Well, she confirmed it for me... Do you have a good image of the guard, and can you disable the alarms?"
He pointed to the kitchen, "If you would excuse me for a second, I have to talk to a bird about a dead man's last words..."

"There is not a single camera in the building, I have seen what I can get from the delli next door but I have no idea if any of those folks buying cheap food are the guard, also I have not found an alarm yet, I suspect it might be supernatural."
Jon said.
"And yes here I am...and a bird? Ohhh that bird...I think she is locked up in the kitchen under guard by Master Haagen's dog."
The Virtual Adept said and pointed in that direction.

[Garage]

He tied it into a bundle with a rope and then hefted it, heading out to the garage where he could stow it, then work up some spells.

You where the first to get to the garage, other than Helga who where working on something in the workshop, there where no one there so you had solitude to work on your spells while waiting for the others.

(OOC: I don't think so.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 20 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:39 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Would you be saying the very same things if by now the plague had gone into epidemic mode, morgues across the States were starting to fill, we'd found a hundred vials of the poison in the apartment and the vampire was in our basement screaming murder and revenge at us?' Nicole replied. 'If you're gonna question my morals and stuff, at least use the measure on what I knew at that time, not what we know now.'

Anja's Post:

'I'd call a box of glass "it" but it don't mean I'd throw it down the stairs.'

Anja's Post:

'If you wish.' she said with a shrug - clearly reading "discuss" as "be lectured at".

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... I think I know that deli. Know that bar 'round the corner, mind.' Nicole replied. 'Usual triple-deckers... I know Section 8 slumlords when I see 'em. Parking might be an issue. Is there rear auto access?' continuing to look at the details on her screen. 'I'll need a silenced pistol. I'll also point out that area is heavily African-American, like, so we'll stick right out...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:42 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"Ah good good I much prefer to read a proper text than those horrid little electronic letters."
Jeffry agreed enthusiastically.
"Do deliver me a text on the matter if you get anything out of the bird."
Colin halted for a moment, half-opening his mouth as if to correct the senior Flambeau, then just nodded, "I will see who might volunteer to run a message up."

Anja wrote:"That is a good point Mr Wainwright and we might have a taser down in weapons storage."
Jeffry said with a nod.
He nodded, then looked to Adley and Nicole, "Whichever of you two has a moment free first, check the arsenal for suitable munitions?"

Nicole wrote:'Perhaps if I'd been informed that the risk of a pandemic had gone-' glancing at Colin for just a moment '-I would have not have thought a bit of mental pain as worthwhile price to pay.' Nicole replied mulishly.
Anja wrote:"I have abstained from getting involved in your disagreement with Mr Wainwright until now Miss Bouchard but I feel I have to say at this point that your willingness to let a helpless prisoner suffer is not something you can blame on your Cabalmate choosing to inform his loved one about a situation which can lead to her death before you. Also you know full well staking do not just cause a bit of mental pain, and if Mr Yager could reduce that suffering for your prisoner that offer should be made, regardless of how dire the situation was, we are not savages Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said darkly.
"However as time is not on our side...we will sit down, and we will discuss this matter later."
He shook his head, "The pandemic issue was irrelevant to the matter; we still believed we needed Vera Milliner to get Francis Milliner to get Eric Dahl. That situation only changed around the time you were on the way home with the captives."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"There is not a single camera in the building, I have seen what I can get from the delli next door but I have no idea if any of those folks buying cheap food are the guard, also I have not found an alarm yet, I suspect it might be supernatural."
Jon said.
"And yes here I am...and a bird? Ohhh that bird...I think she is locked up in the kitchen under guard by Master Haagen's dog."
The Virtual Adept said and pointed in that direction.
He nodded, "Hum, best let Adley know, then; he is probably the most knowledgeable regarding magical wards of the team. Alright, I'll be right back."

He stepped into the kitchen, and looked at Mundi, then for the cupboard door he was guarding, and knocked lightly, "Are you in there? I have a last message from Eric..."

((OOC: Yes, Nicole is probably very correct in assuming she'll be lectured at...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 am

[Chief's Office]

'Would you be saying the very same things if by now the plague had gone into epidemic mode, morgues across the States were starting to fill, we'd found a hundred vials of the poison in the apartment and the vampire was in our basement screaming murder and revenge at us?' Nicole replied. 'If you're gonna question my morals and stuff, at least use the measure on what I knew at that time, not what we know now.'

"Yes I would, at the time you did not know that the prisoner where guilty and also Miss Bouchard if one are going to use force against a prisoner it is a heavy decision to be done when all other means have been tried, so yes I would have said just the same thing Miss Bouchard for what you did was morally wrong and also had you done it and had Miss Milliner proven to have information we need your actions could have jeopardized us getting reliable information form her."
Jeffry said sternly.

'I'd call a box of glass "it" but it don't mean I'd throw it down the stairs.'

"That you compare this boy with a thing Miss Bouchard is what worries me."
The Chief said simply.

'If you wish.' she said with a shrug - clearly reading "discuss" as "be lectured at".

Jeffry nodded at that and yes probably there would be lectures indeed.

'Hmm... I think I know that deli. Know that bar 'round the corner, mind.' Nicole replied. 'Usual triple-deckers... I know Section 8 slumlords when I see 'em. Parking might be an issue. Is there rear auto access?' continuing to look at the details on her screen. 'I'll need a silenced pistol. I'll also point out that area is heavily African-American, like, so we'll stick right out...

There where a small parking lot not that far from the building, and by parking lot I mean there was a bit of unused space where one could put some cars.
"Well there is Mr Smithson and his brother but even if you bring them along I think chances are you will stick out in this neighborhood."
Jeffry said with a bit of a frown.

Colin halted for a moment, half-opening his mouth as if to correct the senior Flambeau, then just nodded, "I will see who might volunteer to run a message up."

"Good man."
Jeffry said seaming quite satisfied.

[Common Room]

He nodded, "Hum, best let Adley know, then; he is probably the most knowledgeable regarding magical wards of the team. Alright, I'll be right back."

"Yeah I can do that."
Jon said and he tapped out a message to Adley which said.
"The alarm where we going are supernatural, that is your department."

He stepped into the kitchen, and looked at Mundi, then for the cupboard door he was guarding, and knocked lightly, "Are you in there? I have a last message from Eric..."

Mundi wagged his tail at you. From the cupboard you head.
"Yes I am here, where would I go with the stupid dog out there, that thing would eat me."
There was a little pause then the kaka bird said in a bit friendlier way.
"What did Eric say?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 am

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"As long as you realize this is not an action flick Mr Yager and that this guard will not wait to act until it fit the story, there will not be much time for you to finish your spell once you are at the apartment."
Jeffry said sternly.

"I'll do my best to cast the spell before we arrive at the apartment. I'm fairly sure I can do it." Serge said with a polite nod, thinking that what they were doing was very much like an action flick.

Anja wrote:"Very well then you may proceed."
The Chief said with a nod.

"Good to hear. Ideally I won't have to use it since it's a contingency plan but it's good to know that it's an option." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"Your spell was quite useful young man."
Jeffry agreed with a slight smile.
"Your teacher taught you well."

"That she did." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:It was a three story, low rent apartment building with no name in Mattapan, right next to it was a delli and dollar store, it was the kind of place police did not go to and where no one would care if they heard screams from one of the apartments.
Anja wrote:It was a run down, three story apartment building in a shitty, run down part of town.
Nicole wrote:'Hmm... I think I know that deli. Know that bar 'round the corner, mind.' Nicole replied. 'Usual triple-deckers... I know Section 8 slumlords when I see 'em. Parking might be an issue. Is there rear auto access?' continuing to look at the details on her screen. 'I'll need a silenced pistol. I'll also point out that area is heavily African-American, like, so we'll stick right out...
Anja wrote:There where a small parking lot not that far from the building, and by parking lot I mean there was a bit of unused space where one could put some cars.
"Well there is Mr Smithson and his brother but even if you bring them along I think chances are you will stick out in this neighborhood."
Jeffry said with a bit of a frown.

"What a fun looking place..." Serge said sarcastically. "Can't we just use Ms. Mar's lucky avoidance spell again? Doesn't matter if we stick out or not if nobody happens to notice us at all. I can do something similar but I've already got a couple roles."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:20 am

[Chief's Office]

"I'll do my best to cast the spell before we arrive at the apartment. I'm fairly sure I can do it." Serge said with a polite nod, thinking that what they were doing was very much like an action flick.

"Good."
Was all Jeffry had to say to that.

"Good to hear. Ideally I won't have to use it since it's a contingency plan but it's good to know that it's an option." Serge said with a nod.

The Chief replied with a simple nod.

"What a fun looking place..." Serge said sarcastically. "Can't we just use Ms. Mar's lucky avoidance spell again? Doesn't matter if we stick out or not if nobody happens to notice us at all. I can do something similar but I've already got a couple roles."

"You may ask my student if she can cast her spell on your team before you leave but as she was injured in the exlosion her casting may be slowed."
The old mage said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:Mundi wagged his tail at you. From the cupboard you head.
"Yes I am here, where would I go with the stupid dog out there, that thing would eat me."
There was a little pause then the kaka bird said in a bit friendlier way.
"What did Eric say?"
Colin smiled thinly, "He said to take care of yourself and be safe... and to stop showing your asshole to everyone, it's just rude."
He paused, "I don't suppose there are any other contacts and allies of Eric you'd be willing to tell me of? We know about Milliner and Jace, but, you know, everyone you let us know about will have a significantly worse day for it..."
He waited for a moment, "Also, do you have food and water in there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:01 am

[Common Room]

Colin smiled thinly, "He said to take care of yourself and be safe... and to stop showing your asshole to everyone, it's just rude."

"He...well he would say that he always complained about it..."
The parrot said after a while then she added softly.
"Thank you."

He paused, "I don't suppose there are any other contacts and allies of Eric you'd be willing to tell me of? We know about Milliner and Jace, but, you know, everyone you let us know about will have a significantly worse day for it..."

"I might know something...but I know your day will be worse if I do not tell you, and you can not guarantee me their days will be ruined if I do."
Ruin said sounding skeptical.

e waited for a moment, "Also, do you have food and water in there?"

"Yeah the alchemist who used my Name against me put some water in a bowl and some fruit in here."
She replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 am

[Chief's Office]

Colin's Post:

'Thank you for telling me how I was thinking at the time, as I clearly didn't know.' Nicole retorted, the sarcasm about as subtle as an exploding land-mine.

Anja's Post:

'Where are you getting "use of force" from? It was a damned suggestion of a misinformation tactic when I was told staking would wake them up but had not been told that it was possible to send them right back to sleep. Plus, for me to have to do something wrong I actually have to do it - refuse to accept the "sin is the thinking, not the doing" thing which I got from church as a kid.'

Anja's Post:

'Why? I've seen many a person who treated like their phone better than they do people.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... shouldn't be that much of an issue - it'll be dark and we can park up outside. But they might be watching the lot...' staring at the screen again, trying to work out if it was visible from the target building.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:30 am

[Chief's Office]
Nicole wrote:'Thank you for telling me how I was thinking at the time, as I clearly didn't know.' Nicole retorted, the sarcasm about as subtle as an exploding land-mine.
Colin arched an eyebrow, then replied in a little softer tone, still with a hint of steel behind it, "I did not know what you were thinking at the time... though, in hindsight, perhaps I should have asked."

Nicole wrote:'Why? I've seen many a person who treated like their phone better than they do people.'
He arched an eyebrow, "Are you implying you'd like to be likened to Fio Giovanni, now?"

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"He...well he would say that he always complained about it..."
The parrot said after a while then she added softly.
"Thank you."
He nodded, "It was really the least I could do before he was let go to... answer to his dark patrons. They were apparently tapping their feet and getting impatient."

Anja wrote:"I might know something...but I know your day will be worse if I do not tell you, and you can not guarantee me their days will be ruined if I do."
Ruin said sounding skeptical.
He shrugged, "True, but I'm in a position to get you a few treats if you do tell me, whereas they are most certainly not."

Anja wrote:"Yeah the alchemist who used my Name against me put some water in a bowl and some fruit in here."
She replied.
He nodded, "Good man, that... Good."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:46 am

[Chief's Office]

'Where are you getting "use of force" from? It was a damned suggestion of a misinformation tactic when I was told staking would wake them up but had not been told that it was possible to send them right back to sleep. Plus, for me to have to do something wrong I actually have to do it - refuse to accept the "sin is the thinking, not the doing" thing which I got from church as a kid.'

"Miss Bouchard I do not enjoy repeating myself, and as far as I know you have to functioning ears so you heard me, you wanted the deny the prisoner relief from her pain, that is use of force, what I was told Mr Yager offering to send the prisoner to sleep had been discussed before you arrived at the apartment. No one is talking about sin of thinking here Mr Yager but had it not been for wild protests you would have done it meaning this is a topic which will have to be discussed. There will be no mistreatment of prisoners under my watch unless it is the last possible resort."
Jeffry said sternly the temperature rising a little in the room.

Why? I've seen many a person who treated like their phone better than they do people.'

"You are to smart to make an argument like that Miss Bouchard."
The Security Chief said simply.

'Hmm... shouldn't be that much of an issue - it'll be dark and we can park up outside. But they might be watching the lot...' staring at the screen again, trying to work out if it was visible from the target building.

You could see the make shift parking lot from the building.
"That is possible but as there are one guard according to what Fio Giovanni said they can not be watching the parking lot all the time."
Jeffry replied.

[Common Room]

He nodded, "It was really the least I could do before he was let go to... answer to his dark patrons. They were apparently tapping their feet and getting impatient."

"Yes I suspect they where, but I could not protect my Master from them, all I could do was make sure he died Awakened."
Ruin said mournfully.

He shrugged, "True, but I'm in a position to get you a few treats if you do tell me, whereas they are most certainly not."

"Do I strike you as someone who are easily bought by treats mage?"
The parrot asked.
"Yeah yeah fine, it is not like I owe any loyalty to these guys what do you want to know."
She asked with a sigh.
"And we will see but I am not betraying my Master."

He nodded, "Good man, that... Good."

"Yeah well looking at his dog the man enjoy feeding animals."
Run commented and Mundi pave a bark, the insult did not work, the large dog did not mind being well fed.

(OOC: Braid...braid...braid....braid I am trying to do one of the Game of Thrones hairstyles for going out tonight...it has allot of braids. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:03 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"You may ask my student if she can cast her spell on your team before you leave but as she was injured in the exlosion her casting may be slowed."

"Well she can't be the only who can cast a spell like that. There's gotta be other people who can do it." Serge said glancing around the room. "Can't you Master Morgan?"

Nicole wrote:'Hmm... shouldn't be that much of an issue - it'll be dark and we can park up outside. But they might be watching the lot...' staring at the screen again, trying to work out if it was visible from the target building.
Anja wrote:You could see the make shift parking lot from the building.
"That is possible but as there are one guard according to what Fio Giovanni said they can not be watching the parking lot all the time."
Jeffry replied.

"Do we know which floor our vampire friend is on? Or is that gonna be a Jon's problem to solve?" he asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 pm

[Chief's Office]

"Well she can't be the only who can cast a spell like that. There's gotta be other people who can do it." Serge said glancing around the room. "Can't you Master Morgan?"

"I do have some knowledge of how to work with chance yes Mr Yager."
Jeffry said.
"Very well if you get your entire team gathered in one spot I will cast the spell but I will not be running around the Chantry hunting everyone down."
He agreed.

"Do we know which floor our vampire friend is on? Or is that gonna be a Jon's problem to solve?" he asked curiously.

"I assume you have an apartment number Mr Yager that should give a hint."
Jeffry said. From the apartment number it seamed like the apartment with the vampire was on the second floor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 pm

[Cheif's Office]

When Nicole started to dig into Colin again and beat a dead horse, he just shook his head in annoyance, opened up some of the food and began to eat. He had better things to do with their limited time, and one of them was stuff his face so he wouldn't pass out. It had the benefit of keeping his mouth occupied from saying something back, too. He pulled the wrapper on the bar thing open with his teeth and took a bite.

"Yes I did and I am very glad someone noticed something." Serge said with a wide smile on hearing the impressed tone in his cabalmates voice. "Glad to hear it did it's job. I don't get to do that kind of magick too often."

"That must have been pretty powerful and well honed magick," he said. "Excellent job." He finished the cup of coffee.

He frowned, "Then we use a gun. Or other means of subduing the guard. Perhaps a taser or something similar, rather than leaving bullets in our wake?"
"That is a good point Mr Wainwright and we might have a taser down in weapons storage."
Jeffry said with a nod.
He nodded, then looked to Adley and Nicole, "Whichever of you two has a moment free first, check the arsenal for suitable munitions?"

He glanced at Nicole. "You want to handle that while I get the other stuff?"

Colin wrote:
He frowned and rattled off the address,
Nicole wrote:
Nicole gave a nod to Colin as she entered the address into the street map on her phone, to take a look at the target building.
It was a three story, low rent apartment building with no name in Mattapan, right next to it was a delli and dollar store, it was the kind of place police did not go to and where no one would care if they heard screams from one of the apartments.
On overhearing the address, Serge did the same thing as Nicole and searched it up on his own phone.

Still munching on snacks, he leaned over to whomever was closest to see what was coming up on their phones about the place. "Mattapan again, why the hell does everything happen there...can you make a silencer out of something?"

Jeffry replied.

"Well, there is one way they could," he said thoughtfully. "If they awakened or impressed a spirit of or in the area, or posted a ghost, they could have feedback as to what is going on in the parking lot. Fio might not have known about them, if he could not sense them."

"You may ask my student if she can cast her spell on your team before you leave but as she was injured in the exlosion her casting may be slowed."
"I do have some knowledge of how to work with chance yes Mr Yager."
Jeffry said.
"Very well if you get your entire team gathered in one spot I will cast the spell but I will not be running around the Chantry hunting everyone down."
He agreed.

"Our cabal leader also has a few tricks up his sleeve also, he knows a good anti-tracking spell. He might be able to work something up."

[Garage]

You where the first to get to the garage, other than Helga who where working on something in the workshop, there where no one there so you had solitude to work on your spells while waiting for the others.

He laid out the stuff he got near the Suburu - medical kit, duct tape, rope bundle with the thermal blanket and a sleeping bag roll or blanket roll. He had stowed gloves in his pocket from earlier, and had his gear.

Jon said and he tapped out a message to Adley which said.
"The alarm where we going are supernatural, that is your department."

He got out his phone when he heard it ping and read the message with a frown. "Great. Well, I guess that settles that." He would put up a spirit-shield, just in case the alarm went off anyway when he picked at it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 pm

[Chief's Office]

Colin's Post:

'What? Simply saying some people treat things well.' clearly missing the point.

Anja's Post:

A short silence before Nicole replied; terse, yet polite and calm... enough. 'And I look forward to discussing this.' body language making it clear she wasn't going to yield easily to the Chief's narrative of the affair. Which barely even warranted the term "affair" in her book.

Anja's Post:

'No, but they may have the window open and listening in for cars and the like. They'll also be able to see the headlights. Hmm... perhaps we could be dropped off on the corner of the block and walk the last bit? The driver can then do a lap of the block and then park up outside to wait for us.'

Adley's Post:

Adley's Post:

'Was told we didn't have a taser in stores. Was thinking Fran or one of them lot would have a silenced piece I could borrow. And Mattapan makes sense 'cos it's one of the few parts of the city which ain't all gentrified yet. Easier to hide stuff, like.'

[Well, the dead horse keeps on being thrown back at her...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 pm

[Cheif's Office]

Still munching on snacks, he leaned over to whomever was closest to see what was coming up on their phones about the place. "Mattapan again, why the hell does everything happen there...can you make a silencer out of something?"

"Well on a spiritual level it is a place full of decay and Entropy and on a physical level it is a place full of decay and Entropy, and it is a place where illicit activities often can go unnoticed and if noticed then no one will care."
Your Mentor said with a frown.

"Well, there is one way they could," he said thoughtfully. "If they awakened or impressed a spirit of or in the area, or posted a ghost, they could have feedback as to what is going on in the parking lot. Fio might not have known about them, if he could not sense them."

"That is true, given that the Giovanni are Necromancers this is quite possible."
Jeffry said.
"You will have to carefully examine the area for what spiritual traps might be there mea filius, emphasis on carefully not to set them of."

"Our cabal leader also has a few tricks up his sleeve also, he knows a good anti-tracking spell. He might be able to work something up."

"This is quite true, well if you need my help before you leave let me know."
The war mage said with a nod.

What? Simply saying some people treat things well.' clearly missing the point.

"That is not an excuse for seeing a sentient being as a thing Miss Bouchard would you like it if someone did that to you?"
Jeffry said sternly.

A short silence before Nicole replied; terse, yet polite and calm... enough. 'And I look forward to discussing this.' body language making it clear she wasn't going to yield easily to the Chief's narrative of the affair. Which barely even warranted the term "affair" in her book.

"Yes indeed."
The Chief said, his eyes dark and unflinching.

'No, but they may have the window open and listening in for cars and the like. They'll also be able to see the headlights. Hmm... perhaps we could be dropped off on the corner of the block and walk the last bit? The driver can then do a lap of the block and then park up outside to wait for us.'

"That might be a good idea yes...well I will leave that to your Cabal leader to decide on."
Jeffry said and he nodded and sipped his coffee again.

[Garage]

He got out his phone when he heard it ping and read the message with a frown. "Great. Well, I guess that settles that." He would put up a spirit-shield, just in case the alarm went off anyway when he picked at it.

As you looked up from your phone again you saw Uncle Willard down in the garage your spirit vision was fading now but you could still see him, the angle where herding the little plant spirits from the roof back up into the Chantry the little glowing dots had probably been spooked by the explosion and had ended up everywhere and now the angles where searching them out to return them where they belong. Willard was busy with his task and did not take notice of you he usually was rather focused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:31 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"I do have some knowledge of how to work with chance yes Mr Yager."
Jeffry said.
He agreed.
Adley wrote:"Our cabal leader also has a few tricks up his sleeve also, he knows a good anti-tracking spell. He might be able to work something up."
Anja wrote:"This is quite true, well if you need my help before you leave let me know."
The war mage said with a nod.

"We'll likely all be together right before we leave. Could you meet us in the garage and cast the spell before we go? Having the spell cast by you would be super sweet." Serge asked.

Anja wrote:"I assume you have an apartment number Mr Yager that should give a hint."
Jeffry said. From the apartment number it seamed like the apartment with the vampire was on the second floor.

"Second floor...that's just great. Better than the top floor at least." Serge said with a sigh.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:33 pm

[Chief's office]

'Was told we didn't have a taser in stores. Was thinking Fran or one of them lot would have a silenced piece I could borrow. And Mattapan makes sense 'cos it's one of the few parts of the city which ain't all gentrified yet. Easier to hide stuff, like.'

"Yes, they might. I don't but I know how to make everything but my own voice silent. It would be vulgar though so I'd like to avoid the necessity of accumulating more dox unless I have to do so. But if you know the art of matter, could you not fashion some type of enchantment on something or would it take too long?" he asked.

"That is true, given that the Giovanni are Necromancers this is quite possible."
Jeffry said.
"You will have to carefully examine the area for what spiritual traps might be there mea filius, emphasis on carefully not to set them of."

"Great, the deal is that when you look at traps, they have a tendency to go off...perhaps our Virtual Adept cabalmate can help me there. May I have some water, please?"

"Second floor...that's just great. Better than the top floor at least." Serge said with a sigh.

"Fire escape?"

[Garage]

As you looked up from your phone again you saw Uncle Willard down in the garage your spirit vision was fading now but you could still see him, the angle where herding the little plant spirits from the roof back up into the Chantry the little glowing dots had probably been spooked by the explosion and had ended up everywhere and now the angles where searching them out to return them where they belong. Willard was busy with his task and did not take notice of you he usually was rather focused

He nodded to Willard anyway, glad someone was herding up the little spirits and calming them and that he was back to his normal disposition. Seeing that his spell was wearing off, and he would need it to be primed and ready to go before he left since time was going to be an issue, he recast that first to renew it. He was still tired from before, and had a headache but at least he had food and something to drink and that was going to have to do for now.

// Sp1: 5, 2, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:01 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'What, stake me? I think I'd hate it, as it would be fatal. But as I'd be dead, I'd have no opinion on anything.'

Adley's Post:

'No time. Nor do we know how resistant them slaves are to electrocution.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 pm

[Chief's Office]

"We'll likely all be together right before we leave. Could you meet us in the garage and cast the spell before we go? Having the spell cast by you would be super sweet." Serge asked.

Jeffry gave you a stern look.
"Mr Yager are you under the impression I sit in my office all day twiddling my thumb you are a junior mage and the spell you ask me to perform is a basic one that you by your rank in Entropy should be able to perform yourself so would quite a few others at the Chantry, so no I will not drop everything I am doing to be summoned to the garage like an apprentice to stand around there waiting until your team decide to gather so I can perform a spell for you that you just as easily could cast yourself or find someone able to perform because it would be...so sweet...Mr Yager I simply have no time for that. If and I repeat if you are unable to cast the spell you want and your Cabal leader are also unable to do so and you can not find anyone else on short notice then you might bring your team here to my office and I will assist you."
He said sternly.

The Chief simply nodded at that.

"Great, the deal is that when you look at traps, they have a tendency to go off...perhaps our Virtual Adept cabalmate can help me there. May I have some water, please?"

"Many wards are set of to go off if they are examined yes."
Jeffry said as he stood and he filled a glass of water pitcher on the shelf and handed the glass to you.
"Certainly mea filius."

"Fire escape?"

Serge you can see there was no fire escape on the building, none at all, or perhaps there had once been but it had been thorn down and sold long ago.

What, stake me? I think I'd hate it, as it would be fatal. But as I'd be dead, I'd have no opinion on anything.'

"Miss Bouchard if you think you are being clever by twisting words and behaving like a brat let me assure you that you are not, you where defending seeing vampires as things by saying some take good care of their things and I asked you if you would like if anyone did that to you, saw you and treated you as thing if you would like it. There is no way you could misunderstand my words in this so you are deciding to play dumb I have very little patience for such antics young young lady."
Jeffry said and his black eyes got a little darker as the temperature rose.

Turning to Colin the Chief's voice had gotten rather even.
"Mr Wainwright may I suggest you take your Cabal and go before we waste more time on their rude antics."
He said, clearly very far from pleased.

[Garage]

He nodded to Willard anyway, glad someone was herding up the little spirits and calming them and that he was back to his normal disposition. Seeing that his spell was wearing off, and he would need it to be primed and ready to go before he left since time was going to be an issue, he recast that first to renew it. He was still tired from before, and had a headache but at least he had food and something to drink and that was going to have to do for now.

Despite your headache the spell to refresh your spirit vision went smoothly, and Uncle Willard and the little plant spites came into clearer focus. When he noticed you looking at him the angle stepped over to you and he gave you a slight bow, he selected one of the sprites he was herding, a small, green light that he put into your hand.
"Take this with you on your quest young warrior, she will illuminate your path."
Uncle Willard said formally and the little sprite hummed it young hand.
"I should return to my duties young warrior."
Willard said after he had given you the little spirit and he bowed again and continued herding little plant sprites towards the main Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:47 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:Jeffry gave you a stern look.
"Mr Yager are you under the impression I sit in my office all day twiddling my thumb you are a junior mage and the spell you ask me to perform is a basic one that you by your rank in Entropy should be able to perform yourself so would quite a few others at the Chantry, so no I will not drop everything I am doing to be summoned to the garage like an apprentice to stand around there waiting until your team decide to gather so I can perform a spell for you that you just as easily could cast yourself or find someone able to perform because it would be...so sweet...Mr Yager I simply have no time for that. If and I repeat if you are unable to cast the spell you want and your Cabal leader are also unable to do so and you can not find anyone else on short notice then you might bring your team here to my office and I will assist you."
He said sternly.

Serge looked surprised, not expecting the innocent request to have incurred the chief's ire, especially after he had offered to do so in the first place. "Very well. I apologize for being so forward. It seems I forgot my place." he said politely.

Adley wrote:"Fire escape?"
Anja wrote:Serge you can see there was no fire escape on the building, none at all, or perhaps there had once been but it had been thorn down and sold long ago.

"None that I can see....which I'm pretty sure is against some kind of regulation. Don't think this neighborhood cared too much though." Serge said relaying the information he found. "The thing that annoys me about the second floor is that if we're discovered it won't take much time for reinforcements to get to us. Last mission we were saved by the fact that the Union had to climb up 13 flights of stairs. We won't have that luxury this time."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 pm

[Chief's Office]

Serge's Post:

'Which is why I said "screams of slumlord". On the plus side, it'll be possible to leap out of the window if needs be.' ending with a little smile.

Anja's Post:

Nicole was visibly taken aback to this reaction; either the Etherite missed her calling as an actor or she'd genuinely believed she'd been answering the question correctly.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:09 pm

[Chief's Office]
Nicole wrote:'What? Simply saying some people treat things well.' clearly missing the point.
Colin frowned, "People who treat people as things... seldom do."

Anja wrote:Turning to Colin the Chief's voice had gotten rather even.
"Mr Wainwright may I suggest you take your Cabal and go before we waste more time on their rude antics."
He nodded, voice equally even, then looked to Nicole and Serge, "Right. Alright, kids, you heard the man, let's be about it. Miss Bouchard, check for munitions - tasers, stun guns, that sort, as well as lethal options. Mr. Yager, check in with Mr. Sherman for an image of the ghoul guard. I'm off to Master Sharaya's apartment for the key and a word. Hum... my ward is efficient against magical detection, but not much use against simple visual observation. Good against spirits and spells, not against people."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes I suspect they where, but I could not protect my Master from them, all I could do was make sure he died Awakened."
Ruin said mournfully.
He smiled thinly, "And in that regard, you served him well... We're none too happy about the collateral damage, but at the very least you made it easier to interrogate him..."

Anja wrote:"Do I strike you as someone who are easily bought by treats mage?"
The parrot asked.
"Yeah yeah fine, it is not like I owe any loyalty to these guys what do you want to know."
She asked with a sigh.
"And we will see but I am not betraying my Master."
He chuckled, "Tasty food is the oldest bribe in the world, or so they say... What we'd like is names, affiliation, approximate location of the people Eric worked with to create and spread the plague. We know about Francis Milliner, but I suspect there were others..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well looking at his dog the man enjoy feeding animals."
Run commented and Mundi pave a bark, the insult did not work, the large dog did not mind being well fed.
He smiled wryly and gave Mundi a wink, "Yes, well, the dog means the world to the alchemist. Can hardly fault him for that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:51 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:Turning to Colin the Chief's voice had gotten rather even.
Colin wrote:He nodded, voice equally even, then looked to Nicole and Serge, "Right. Alright, kids, you heard the man, let's be about it. Miss Bouchard, check for munitions - tasers, stun guns, that sort, as well as lethal options. Mr. Yager, check in with Mr. Sherman for an image of the ghoul guard. I'm off to Master Sharaya's apartment for the key and a word. Hum... my ward is efficient against magical detection, but not much use against simple visual observation. Good against spirits and spells, not against people."

"Yeah, sure thing. I'll get on that." Serge said timidly, hoping he hadn't caused too many problems with the chief. "I'll also need the memory of Shawn later."

With that said, Serge left the office and went to find his VA cabalmate. Knowing he'd likely still be in the common room that where he went first.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:05 am

[Chief's Office]

Colin's Post:

'If we could knock out any outside lights by the door, think that might be enough... it's gonna be dark by then, and there will be people going in and out of the building all the time anyway.'

[No worries. Nick's caused bigger grief as a distraction. He'd better remember to thank her later, yes? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next