Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 28 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:51 am

[ritual chamber -basement]

He looked blankly at her for a moment then his eyes widened as it clicked, eventually. The King of the new year. "Ah! Well, I hope we're on the 'nice' list and not naughty. I can't believe how fast this year is turning around but at least it still turns."

"I believe that I am but who can be sure. And yes autumn is going soon winter will rule again. But with it the King of red berries will rest, perhaps he need to rest, so the sun again again shine."
Mara said with a nod.

There was no doubt that the sensation of being in tune with his avatar was missed, as he felt it fade but he felt better overall to know that their enemies were bound to have a tougher time now than they had done. The feeling of trees made him think of Bee, and the acorn and then the Holly and Oak kings again, momentarily. Their battle wasn't much unlike their tangled relationship, in some ways the epic myths held bigger truths. Which brought him back to the present and the pile of questions, in the now as to what were the next steps, and soon he would see Bee and feel if she was returned from her journey.

Jeffry when done with his LBRP said.
"Well I have a feeling there is the pitter patter of little mage feet outside of my office, thank you Sodalis and thank you lady Crexia for your help."
The old mage said as the room more and more became just a room again.
"Mea filius are you okey?"
He asked you offering you a hand to help you up. Helena smiled a little.
"That was...powerful."
Your sister muttered which made George chuckle.
"I can stay behind and clean up."
Antonio offered.
"Thank you Mr Riez."
The Primus replied.

[Attic]

Colin let out a slightly exasperated sigh.

Kira grinned a little at that.

He frowned and shook his head, "The story is very much not set in stone, but as Kira points out, it's creating paradoxes - grandfather paradoxes, bootstrap paradoxes, and so on, effects without causes - that are the problem. Acting won't muck up the timeline, but acting on specific information from the future with the express intent and outcome of rendering the source of that information impossible... Suffice to say, one such slip-up is being paid for, and will keep being paid for for years to come... And there's no way out of that one that won't harm more people..."

The young Nephanda looked really sad at that and she sigh.
"And another such paradox is that you need me to stay alive for ten more years after my Avatar is..."
She whispered and looked away.

'No, that's for you to say; as you've lost this round. Either that or complain about "meddling adults".'

"Meddling adults indeed."
The teenager said bitterly as she scowled over at Colin.

'I have seen that episode of Futurama. And don't have no reason to go back to the 60s.' giving a shrug.

"It is an example but very well an more here an now example them. Apparently scarred man here talked with me ten years into the future when I was a sad little Red Cap working for the Traditions who warned him this attack would happen, now if I die before that ten year point he will have a problem for then will not speak with me in the future and not get the information he have now acted on, do you see the problem here?"
The girl grumbled.

At the girl's comment, Nicole's eyes narrowed, arms crossed, her artificial fingers flexing out as though wishing to form into a fist. 'In what way? How to sit down with powerful, delusional entities? Think I'd prefer to have Porcupine lecture me on that "True Name" shit again...'

Kira's glum face lit up a little.
"You guys have a porcupine that teaches Hermetic concepts? Can I pet it I promise not to harm it?"
She asked.
"I love porcupines."

e nodded, "And the roughly half or more of Boston that would likely have gone along with Logan in the blast would probably not have been too pleasant for you, either, I presume."

"I would not have liked it, and there are others who would have lamented the loss of life, but most Nephandi would have just seen that as a plus, death and terror increase decay it is a good thing for us, unless our Labyrinth where right in the blast zone then it would be bad."
Kira replied with a sigh.

He smiled, "If it's any consolation, you're not too bad for a Nephanda, either... I hope you'll manage to make a good life for yourself, when it comes to it."

"You know I will not, when you met me ten year in the future you can nto say I had a good life, no one have a good life after...after..."
This made the young Nephanda start crying again and she soon was shaking and bawling.
"I don't want to loose my Avatar!"
She sobbed.

He nodded, "I don't suspect anyone here... it's at Riverside I've got good reason to suspect a breach. Though the Fallen were able to get through our wards too easily... that breach be all the way back to Mr. Bergen... might be more recent..."

"I hate that idea, I was trained at Riverside it was my home but it is starting to seam like it might be so."
Richard said darkly.
"But let us not discuss this in front of the prisoner."
He said and Kira glanced at the pair of you.
"Oh don't mind me."

[Third Floor After Battle]

He smiled with relief, then headed over to Henrietta and Cecilia, jotting down a short sentence in his notebook and surreptitiously showing it to Henrietta, just out of sight from Cecilia, "Ah, Cecilia, you really ought to get that looked at. Well done, we managed to avoid the fatalities this time around..."
The note to Henrietta read, 'There's a young Nephanda with an IV cannula in her arm in the infirmary. She's strapped down, but you might want to not let Cecilia notice the arm.'
He looked around, "I'm guessing the Chief is in a ritual chamber - were the captives brought down to the basement, too, do you know?"

Henrietta read the node and she gave you a grateful nod to say she had read it and she appreciated the warning.
"Yes I believe that the prisoners have been taken down to the basement yes and I would suspect the Chief is in the ritual room as our new ward just went up."
The hedge wizard said. Cecilia curtsy towards you she looked down at her leg.
"I do not really like the infirmary Sir. But yes no one have died, a few where injured but not seriously, it was chaos though."
She muttered and Henrietta sigh.
"I am trying to tell her Dr Lee will just clean the wound, heal it as good as he can and then bandage it up but she is quite skeptical."

[Chantry Second Floor]

The clunk of the carbine as Nicole ejected the empty clip and shoved in a new one with her palm, behind cover [if available]. Then swung out into the firing line again, saw the tentacle-man was about to escape, instinctively aimed at his head and fired...

You had the shield that the Mercere's talisman created and staying behind it and it's wielder you had cover. You reloaded and fired and just as the last of the Nephandi ran through the portal your bullet hit home, shattering the tentacled man's skull, he fell through his own portal not even having the time to scream as he died. The others escaped but that was one less powerful Nephandus. Henrietta and the others had taken out the huge hulking creature they fought with. The spirits, manifested and nto vanished as their masters did the Jeffry and the other Hermetics switched to some other working, perhaps to trace the portal the Nephandi had vanished through.
"Well done Miss Bouchard."
Micah said then as the last enemy was gone he deactivated his weapon and shield.
"Are you injured he asked.

(OOC: No one likes Jace. And yes that would be an interesting nuckcneaker.)
(OOC 2: Oh you know he will beg for a lightsaber.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 28 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Adley Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:21 am

[ritual chamber - basement]

"Mea filius are you okey?"
He asked you offering you a hand to help you up. Helena smiled a little.
"That was...powerful."
Your sister muttered which made George chuckle.

"Yes, thank you. I'm just using the basics to ground myself, since I've done a lot of energy work today. Plus, you never know when next you might get a chance to eat." He allowed him to help him up, gathered his materials and bag. "We have some important matters to discuss, in private."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 am

"Yes, thank you. I'm just using the basics to ground myself, since I've done a lot of energy work today. Plus, you never know when next you might get a chance to eat." He allowed him to help him up, gathered his materials and bag. "We have some important matters to discuss, in private."

"A good soldier rest and eats when he can."
Jeffry said and he nodded his approval.
"And eating is the most basic and often the best way to ground one's energies."
The old Hermetic said then he nodded again.
"We do indeed mea filius, why don't you join me up to my office and we can talk there before I handle all the problems everyone else have?"
He offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:18 am

"We do indeed mea filius, why don't you join me up to my office and we can talk there before I handle all the problems everyone else have?" He offered.

"Yes, sir." He gave a bow to the others that were present and prepared to follow him to the office. He could well imagine that there was a million things to attend to now.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:38 am

"Yes, sir." He gave a bow to the others that were present and prepared to follow him to the office. He could well imagine that there was a million things to attend to now.

You exited the ritual room with Jeffry as the others also started to leave one by one as they got done centering themselves. You saw Micah waiting outside the Node chamber, the battle had probably drained his Talismans.
"Ah...ehm Helena do you mind helping our guest refill his equipment?"
Jeffry asked your sister and the other Flambeau nodded.
"Off course pater, see you later Adley."
Helena said as she headed over to the Red Cap and gave him a slight bow.
"Mr Gregario let me see if I can help you out."
She said and opened the door to the ritual room. Micah gave a bow to Jeffry and the other Masters and then headed into the Node room with your sister.

You got up to Jeffry's office and indeed Helga was waiting outside and Dion.
"Just one moment Miss Williams and Miss Blackwell."
The old Hermetic said before he sowed you inside and begun the simple working to shield the office from eavesdropping, not that it would help on your voice.
"Would you like a cup of coffee Adley?"
The old war mage asked once his spell was done.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:04 am

[Steelhaven]

You exited the ritual room with Jeffry as the others also started to leave one by one as they got done centering themselves. You saw Micah waiting outside the Node chamber, the battle had probably drained his Talismans.
"Ah...ehm Helena do you mind helping our guest refill his equipment?"
Jeffry asked your sister and the other Flambeau nodded.
"Off course pater, see you later Adley."

"Take care, sora. I will see you soon."

[Security Office]

The old Hermetic said before he sowed you inside and begun the simple working to shield the office from eavesdropping, not that it would help on your voice.
"Would you like a cup of coffee Adley?"
The old war mage asked once his spell was done.

While he set up his spell, Adley took the writing board out and began inscribing on it, to save some time. He offered out the board to him" 'The intel regarding the ghosts came from Hannah, she is awake from her coma and at the hospital. I was also contacted by Doctor M.W. coming from another chantry, he said he had important info he did not want to tell me over the phone, but I know he came to talk to you here. How the hell did the Nephandi teleport in here? We may want Srg to help again in case any police come - there was a fire and someone blasted out a window.' "No, sir but water if you have it," he replied to his offer for coffee.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 am

[Basement]

"Take care, sora. I will see you soon."

"We will brother."
Helena said with a smile before she showed Micah into the Node chamber.

[Security Office]

While he set up his spell, Adley took the writing board out and began inscribing on it, to save some time. He offered out the board to him" 'The intel regarding the ghosts came from Hannah, she is awake from her coma and at the hospital. I was also contacted by Doctor M.W. coming from another chantry, he said he had important info he did not want to tell me over the phone, but I know he came to talk to you here. How the hell did the Nephandi teleport in here? We may want Srg to help again in case any police come - there was a fire and someone blasted out a window.' "No, sir but water if you have it," he replied to his offer for coffee.

Jeffry nodded as he filled a glass from a pitcher on his desk before handing you the glass as he read what you had written.
"I am glad to hear Miss Larson is awake i wonder how she knew about the ghosts though, we are going to have to send someone trustworthy to the hospital to talk with her."
Your Mentor replied.
"Dr Wong was here he...had disturbing information to share, he did not stay wanting to get back to Riverside to guard the Enforcer. There seam there might be a traitor at his Chantry and I do not like where this is going."
The old mage said with a deep frown. He busied himself with filling his coffee maker with water as well.
"Dr Wong suspect the guilty party is Grandmother Dorothy's own daughter. The woman is a Verbena and a Master of the Art in her own right, if this information is correct it must be handled right, if a Hermetic where to accuse a Verbena Master it could create even more problems, but we must try to keep the Enforcer safe."
He said before sitting down.
"I do not know how the Nephandi got through our wards or knew the name of our Guardian. I will have some questions for our prisoners."
He said darkly.
"I will talk with Mr Yager ask him to be ready if we need his help again and yes your brother...defended the other children killing one of the Fallen, I worry for the boy being forced to take a life is not and should not be easy, even when that life belong to one of our enemies."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 am

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'No.' Nicole replied to the question, looking around to see if all the enemies had gone - and if they had, to take the opportunity to push the finger-blades back in on the wall. 'What's next?' clearly expecting orders.

[Letting Warp reply to the other part before I do.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:32 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Anja wrote:The young Nephanda looked really sad at that and she sigh.
"And another such paradox is that you need me to stay alive for ten more years after my Avatar is..."
She whispered and looked away.
Colin frowned and nodded slowly, "Yes... to one extent or another, I do. There are... other possibilities, I suppose; others present today who will be present at that time, but... not individuals with all the facts."

Nicole wrote:'I have seen that episode of Futurama. And don't have no reason to go back to the 60s.' giving a shrug.
Anja wrote:"It is an example but very well an more here an now example them. Apparently scarred man here talked with me ten years into the future when I was a sad little Red Cap working for the Traditions who warned him this attack would happen, now if I die before that ten year point he will have a problem for then will not speak with me in the future and not get the information he have now acted on, do you see the problem here?"
The girl grumbled.
He nodded, "It is as Kira says... I would far prefer her to live a good life until we meet again, than a life of grief and pain... but that's not something I can promise, I can only try to ameliorate that which is inevitable. And if I can't meet her in ten years, today will once more be imperiled, potentially rubberbanding back in a most unpleasant manner. I would want to avoid that more than anything; we saves seven Chantrymates today that we otherwise wouldn't have..."

Nicole wrote:At the girl's comment, Nicole's eyes narrowed, arms crossed, her artificial fingers flexing out as though wishing to form into a fist. 'In what way? How to sit down with powerful, delusional entities? Think I'd prefer to have Porcupine lecture me on that "True Name" shit again...'
Anja wrote:Kira's glum face lit up a little.
"You guys have a porcupine that teaches Hermetic concepts? Can I pet it I promise not to harm it?"
She asked.
"I love porcupines."
He bit back a snicker, "Alas, that's just her pet name for our more... prickly Cabalmate. He is not actually a porcupine."

Anja wrote:"I would not have liked it, and there are others who would have lamented the loss of life, but most Nephandi would have just seen that as a plus, death and terror increase decay it is a good thing for us, unless our Labyrinth where right in the blast zone then it would be bad."
Kira replied with a sigh.
He nodded, "And it's that blast radius I'm afraid would get more than half of Boston... That fireball was immense before we could drain it."

Anja wrote:"You know I will not, when you met me ten year in the future you can nto say I had a good life, no one have a good life after...after..."
This made the young Nephanda start crying again and she soon was shaking and bawling.
"I don't want to loose my Avatar!"
She sobbed.
He sighed and placed a hand lightly on Kira's head, stroking softly, "Nobody wants to lose their Avatar... It hurts, and the mental and emotional scars are terrible... but a good life is what you make of it. And I promise, I'll do what I can to help... It's not impossible, but it will probably take a little while to get it right."

Anja wrote:"I hate that idea, I was trained at Riverside it was my home but it is starting to seam like it might be so."
Richard said darkly.
"But let us not discuss this in front of the prisoner."
He said and Kira glanced at the pair of you.
"Oh don't mind me."
He nodded and gave Kira a dirty look, "Later, then, doctor. I've got a vampire to release, and probably a prisoner or two to question..."

Anja wrote:Henrietta read the node and she gave you a grateful nod to say she had read it and she appreciated the warning.
"Yes I believe that the prisoners have been taken down to the basement yes and I would suspect the Chief is in the ritual room as our new ward just went up."
The hedge wizard said. Cecilia curtsy towards you she looked down at her leg.
"I do not really like the infirmary Sir. But yes no one have died, a few where injured but not seriously, it was chaos though."
She muttered and Henrietta sigh.
"I am trying to tell her Dr Lee will just clean the wound, heal it as good as he can and then bandage it up but she is quite skeptical."
He nodded, pocketing the notebook again, "I'd best make my way down there, then, and see him about the prisoners, our undead guest and her maidservant, and a few other matters... As for Cecilia, well... if Dr. Lee's mundane medical techniques worry her so much, she might be better off finding Miss Rozzo and Master Haagen - Miss Rozzo has impeccable bedside manner and is good at tending wounds, while Master Nassa is, after all, our senior healer at the Chantry. That bite looks like it should be dealt with quickly; at the very least, unless the Fallen on the second floor had a number of mortal beasts with them, mundane infections shouldn't be a likely issue..."

((OOC: In fairness, Colin might also consider commissioning a light saber, if he thinks Nicole can build one. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:03 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

No.' Nicole replied to the question, looking around to see if all the enemies had gone - and if they had, to take the opportunity to push the finger-blades back in on the wall. 'What's next?' clearly expecting orders.

"Now we send teams to check every nook and cranny of the Chantry to be sure there is not more of them, secure our wards and then start repairs."
Jeffry said.
"And we haul every bit of information we can out of our prisoners."
The old Hermetic was clearly angry that his home had been invaded.
"Miss Bouchard would you kindly take one or two more and start clearing this floor?"
Jeffry asked as he looked down at the fresh wounds on his arms.
"Hum, seams it might be a good idea for some of us to see a healer as well."
There did not seam to any more living enemies in the hallway though there where a few bodies.

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin frowned and nodded slowly, "Yes... to one extent or another, I do. There are... other possibilities, I suppose; others present today who will be present at that time, but... not individuals with all the facts."

This made the young Nephanda frown but she nodded.

He nodded, "It is as Kira says... I would far prefer her to live a good life until we meet again, than a life of grief and pain... but that's not something I can promise, I can only try to ameliorate that which is inevitable. And if I can't meet her in ten years, today will once more be imperiled, potentially rubberbanding back in a most unpleasant manner. I would want to avoid that more than anything; we saves seven Chantrymates today that we otherwise wouldn't have..."

Kira turned away and sobbed at this.
"I am not going to be there in ten years. I do not want to live without my magick."
The girl sobbed.
"But yeah time might snap back to what it was if I had not told you in the future or you might get allot of Paradox."

He bit back a snicker, "Alas, that's just her pet name for our more... prickly Cabalmate. He is not actually a porcupine."

"He is not actually a porcupine? Well no petting then."
Kira said looking a bit disappointed.

He nodded, "And it's that blast radius I'm afraid would get more than half of Boston... That fireball was immense before we could drain it."

"That was probably Larson's plan, to cause as much death and destruction as possible though I do not envy the Paradox it would cause for the spelcaster."

He sighed and placed a hand lightly on Kira's head, stroking softly, "Nobody wants to lose their Avatar... It hurts, and the mental and emotional scars are terrible... but a good life is what you make of it. And I promise, I'll do what I can to help... It's not impossible, but it will probably take a little while to get it right."

"There is no good life without my magick that is all I want. I am not going to ask to be left alive, not unless you have some realistic solution lined up I am not going to try to live a pointless life to betray my own in ten years."
The girl cried.
"Please just kill me...please...don't let them take my Avatar!"

He nodded and gave Kira a dirty look, "Later, then, doctor. I've got a vampire to release, and probably a prisoner or two to question..."

"Good luck with that."
Richard said with a sigh. Kira gave you a nervous look.
"Please don't hurt my Mentor."
She muttered sadly.

He nodded, pocketing the notebook again, "I'd best make my way down there, then, and see him about the prisoners, our undead guest and her maidservant, and a few other matters...

Henrietta nodded at that.
"Very well I will see you later then Mr Wainwright. It is better not to keep the poor vampire captive for longer than necessary."

As for Cecilia, well... if Dr. Lee's mundane medical techniques worry her so much, she might be better off finding Miss Rozzo and Master Haagen - Miss Rozzo has impeccable bedside manner and is good at tending wounds, while Master Nassa is, after all, our senior healer at the Chantry. That bite looks like it should be dealt with quickly; at the very least, unless the Fallen on the second floor had a number of mortal beasts with them, mundane infections shouldn't be a likely issue..."

"That is a good idea, and no it was a spirit that bit her, and I am worried what infections might come from that. After we got the hyperspray she was fully vaccinated thank the heavens, but who know what Nephandi allied spirits bring with them. But taking her to the Verbena is a good idea."
Henrietta said then she turned towards her apprentice.
"Ok would that be better for you if we went to see Master Nassa and his student?"
She asked and Cecilia gave you a grateful look before she nodded.
"Yes Mentor, it would be allot better."
"Okey then than is what we will do."
Henrietta said then she turned to you again.
"I should bring my apprentice downstairs then Mr Wainwright unless there was anything else?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:39 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Anja wrote:Kira turned away and sobbed at this.
"I am not going to be there in ten years. I do not want to live without my magick."
The girl sobbed.
"But yeah time might snap back to what it was if I had not told you in the future or you might get allot of Paradox."
Colin nodded, "So you say... I hope you change your mind, though."

Anja wrote:"He is not actually a porcupine? Well no petting then."
Kira said looking a bit disappointed.
Only his eyes betrayed his amusement, "Oh, I suppose I could ask him, if only to cheer you up a little... I can't promise he'd go for it, though."

Anja wrote:"There is no good life without my magick that is all I want. I am not going to ask to be left alive, not unless you have some realistic solution lined up I am not going to try to live a pointless life to betray my own in ten years."
The girl cried.
"Please just kill me...please...don't let them take my Avatar!"
He frowned, "It's not unrealistic, and... Let's make you a deal, shall we? If you hold on, I'll make sure to send you quarterly progress reports, to let you know what we've accomplished? I don't believe my ideas are unrealistic at all - difficult, certainly, but not unrealistic, after some of the things I've experienced and seen in recent months..."

Anja wrote:"Good luck with that."
Richard said with a sigh. Kira gave you a nervous look.
"Please don't hurt my Mentor."
She muttered sadly.
He nodded to Kira, "I won't. I promise."
He paused, "Oh, Dr. Lee, I'm running low on the blood supply; I gave a couple units to our newest resident, and I've got to provide one four our guest in the laundry room; I'll check with our Deacon about another delivery soon, but just so you're aware that there's not much left in the fridge."

Anja wrote:Henrietta nodded at that.
"Very well I will see you later then Mr Wainwright. It is better not to keep the poor vampire captive for longer than necessary."
He nodded, "Indeed; especially since the Prince will be quite livid with us, and me personally, if we do... Well, I'd best get downstairs and start sorting things out."

Anja wrote:
"That is a good idea, and no it was a spirit that bit her, and I am worried what infections might come from that. After we got the hyperspray she was fully vaccinated thank the heavens, but who know what Nephandi allied spirits bring with them. But taking her to the Verbena is a good idea."
Henrietta said then she turned towards her apprentice.
"Ok would that be better for you if we went to see Master Nassa and his student?"
She asked and Cecilia gave you a grateful look before she nodded.
"Yes Mentor, it would be allot better."
"Okey then than is what we will do."
Henrietta said then she turned to you again.
"I should bring my apprentice downstairs then Mr Wainwright unless there was anything else?"
He shook his head, "No, I think that's it - good luck, and well fought, both of you."

He gave them a quick bow, and made his way down the stairs, deciding to check Morgan's office before going to the basement.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:18 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Anja's Post:

'I'm feeling left out, me. Usually I'm the one getting that look...' ending with a smirk.

Anja's Post:

A short silence before the Etherite replied. 'Ever heard of auto-correction? That the time-line simply snaps back, finds a way of dealing with the "error"? Killing you now simply means you don't tell him, not that he is not told period?'

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Have already cleared the roof and forth floor, sir.' Nicole replied, ejecting the clip, shouldering her carbine and pulling out her pistol. 'Request permission to break open any locked door to check for hostiles - or to have someone who can check without doing that.'

'How the fuck did they get past our shielding?' looking down at one of the bodies for a moment.

[Colin's not met/heard of Nicole yet in the future, has he? Might be wondering whether she's still alive...]

[Who knows if she could make a lightsabre? And Serge never had the time to look through Nick's work-book...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:37 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Nicole wrote:'I'm feeling left out, me. Usually I'm the one getting that look...' ending with a smirk.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "I didn't know you adulted that much."

Nicole wrote:A short silence before the Etherite replied. 'Ever heard of auto-correction? That the time-line simply snaps back, finds a way of dealing with the "error"? Killing you now simply means you don't tell him, not that he is not told period?'
Colin nodded, "Oh, yes, I have heard of auto-correction. It's called Paradox, and takes the form of a kindly-looking, stern old grandfatherly man who will erase you from the timeline if you don't try to make amends for your mistakes. Less messy than what happened to Dahl, but far more absolute and irreparable."

((OOC: Colin hasn't heard of Nicole's future exploits yet - that doesn't mean she's not still out there, just that she hasn't been present for the visits he's had to the future. Not much opportunity for such catching up in a span of ten to twenty minutes at who knows where or when. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:44 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

'I'm feeling left out, me. Usually I'm the one getting that look...' ending with a smirk.

Kira had a scowl for you as well.

A short silence before the Etherite replied. 'Ever heard of auto-correction? That the time-line simply snaps back, finds a way of dealing with the "error"? Killing you now simply means you don't tell him, not that he is not told period?'

"Possibly, it is not what I have read is most likely to happen but we will see, you better hope for your friend's sake that it is what will happen for I...I do not want to live without my Avatar."
The young Nephanda cried she turned away and sobbed.

Colin nodded, "So you say... I hope you change your mind, though."

"I am not going to, I don't know what would have made me want that the first time around but I do not want to live without my magick."
Kira cried.

Only his eyes betrayed his amusement, "Oh, I suppose I could ask him, if only to cheer you up a little... I can't promise he'd go for it, though."

"Nah if he is not a porcupine or anything else cute an fuzzy I am not so sure petting him would be fun."
The Nephanda replied.

He frowned, "It's not unrealistic, and... Let's make you a deal, shall we? If you hold on, I'll make sure to send you quarterly progress reports, to let you know what we've accomplished? I don't believe my ideas are unrealistic at all - difficult, certainly, but not unrealistic, after some of the things I've experienced and seen in recent months..."

"No, I am sorry but no, being told every three months what you have done about something that most likely will never be anything but a pipe dream is not enough to hang on to, I am not willing to be strung along to stay alive for your time loop by vague promises of progress every three months, it is not enough."
Kira sobbed.
"Please don't let them do this, please."
The girl cried hysterically.
"Just kill me instead."

He nodded to Kira, "I won't. I promise."
He paused, "Oh, Dr. Lee, I'm running low on the blood supply; I gave a couple units to our newest resident, and I've got to provide one four our guest in the laundry room; I'll check with our Deacon about another delivery soon, but just so you're aware that there's not much left in the fridge."

Kira looked at you skeptically but she nodded.
"Thank you."
She muttered hesitantly. Richard nodded.
"I will see what I can do, with all who have gone in for check ups today due to the illness going around thanks to Jace, I am sure the bio lab have quite a few vials lying around I will ask my contact to gather them up."
He promised.

He nodded, "Indeed; especially since the Prince will be quite livid with us, and me personally, if we do... Well, I'd best get downstairs and start sorting things out."

"The Prince? You have spoken with the man then?"
Henrietta asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Well yes sorting things out as quickly as possible is probably for the best."

He shook his head, "No, I think that's it - good luck, and well fought, both of you."

"The same to you Mr Wainwright."
Henrietta said and Cecilia gave you a curtsy.
"Good day for now Mr Wainwright."
The apprentice said politely.

He gave them a quick bow, and made his way down the stairs, deciding to check Morgan's office before going to the basement.

There was already quite a line waiting in front of Jeffry's office. You got down into the basement and found Marian on guard duty he nodded to you.
"Here to speak with the prisoners Mr Wainwright...well prisoner I guess is better to say as two of them do not look like they will be possible to get to talk much for a while they are still screaming, or trying to, one of them are awake though and reasonably okey he have been asking about his apprentice."
The Euthanathos said and he pointed at one of the storage rooms.

[Chantry Second Floor]

Have already cleared the roof and forth floor, sir.' Nicole replied, ejecting the clip, shouldering her carbine and pulling out her pistol. 'Request permission to break open any locked door to check for hostiles - or to have someone who can check without doing that.'

"Good, and permission granted but disturb everyone's rooms as little as possible and be aware that many might have wards on their rooms, and those wards can get nasty."
Jeffry said.
"I can go with her, I can open doors without having to break anything."
Jon said, you had not noticed him before now, which was not unusual.
"Very well Mr Sherman."
The Hermetic agreed with a nod.

'How the fuck did they get past our shielding?' looking down at one of the bodies for a moment.

"I do not know and that is one of the questions I will ask our new guests."
Jeffry said darkly.
"And they will reply."
He begun. A tiny woman in a long dress with her hair in a bun and a regal air about her smiled slightly.
"Or I will ask them Master Morgan."
She finished and the Flambau nodded.
"Unfortunately yes or you will ask them lady Crexia."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:16 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"So that is what catch your attention...well might as well be I guess it is better than worrying about things we most likely can not change. Yes Mr Gregario have basically a light saber not exactly the same but quite similar."
The older Cultist replied sounding amused.
"A Forces based talisman no doubt."

"Lucky...." Serge said, sounding incredibly jealous. "Seems like everyone's got a cool magical gadget at their disposal. Do you have any cool talismans?"

Anja wrote:"Have you ever been in combat with the Union kid? I can assure you they have some pretty interesting toys."
The Nephandus said sounding half amused.

"Surprisingly, I think I can answer yes to that question. Sort of...." Serge said with a slight grin. "But they never bust out their cool sci fi toys. They always try to go for the efficient and cost effective solution first."

Anja wrote:The Nephandus looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Thank you I would appriciate that."
He said.
"Please tell him to tell her not to worry about

"No prob." Serge said pulling out his phone to send Colin a message.

"Tell Kira that her mentor just woke up. He's also asking her to not worry about him."

(OCC: Oh Serge is definitely going to add that to the list of 'things to ask Nicole about')
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:30 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Anja wrote:"I am not going to, I don't know what would have made me want that the first time around but I do not want to live without my magick."
Kira cried.
Colin frowned, "I can't say for certain... but I think perhaps fear may have aided you in staying alive. Chances are you were restrained by the serum for some amount of time... and we know the risks that entail."

Anja wrote:"Nah if he is not a porcupine or anything else cute an fuzzy I am not so sure petting him would be fun."
The Nephanda replied.
Colin grinned, "I'm sure he'll be dreadfully disappointed that you didn't want to pet him after all."

Anja wrote:"No, I am sorry but no, being told every three months what you have done about something that most likely will never be anything but a pipe dream is not enough to hang on to, I am not willing to be strung along to stay alive for your time loop by vague promises of progress every three months, it is not enough."
Kira sobbed.
"Please don't let them do this, please."
The girl cried hysterically.
"Just kill me instead."
He sighed and shook his head, "I'm sorry... I truly am... but I can't let you go. I can't prevent you from... ending things after; I'm not a monster like that, but... I can't break the law and let you escape before then."

Jeremy wrote:"Tell Kira that her mentor just woke up. He's also asking her to not worry about him."
He arched an eyebrow, then nodded thoughtfully, "Kallan's awake. He said to tell you not to worry about him."

Anja wrote:Kira looked at you skeptically but she nodded.
"Thank you."
She muttered hesitantly. Richard nodded.
"I will see what I can do, with all who have gone in for check ups today due to the illness going around thanks to Jace, I am sure the bio lab have quite a few vials lying around I will ask my contact to gather them up."
He promised.
He nodded, "Thank you - my guest in the workshop doesn't eat much in her current state, I suppose, but Shawn has been... starved and mistreated. He's going to need quite a bit."

Anja wrote:"The Prince? You have spoken with the man then?"
Henrietta asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Well yes sorting things out as quickly as possible is probably for the best."
He nodded, "A strategic necessity. He's put out a decree to stay away from medical personnel to help limit the spread of the plague, just in case. On the bright side, I just might have opened a diplomatic route to him, which can come to serve us greatly in keeping peace in the future."

[Ground floor]
Anja wrote:There was already quite a line waiting in front of Jeffry's office.
He frowned at the line, then sighed softly, "Miss Williams, Miss Blackwell - would you kindly let the Chief know that I've headed town to ask a few polite questions of one of the captives, and that we will have to release the vampire and her ghoul very soon? I would rather not do the latter without conferring with him first, but I've got something of a deadline for diplomatic purposes."
He gave a quick bow, and headed further downstairs.

Anja wrote:You got down into the basement and found Marian on guard duty he nodded to you.
"Here to speak with the prisoners Mr Wainwright...well prisoner I guess is better to say as two of them do not look like they will be possible to get to talk much for a while they are still screaming, or trying to, one of them are awake though and reasonably okey he have been asking about his apprentice."
The Euthanathos said and he pointed at one of the storage rooms.
He nodded, "Yes, the conscious one would be Kallan, the teleporter Anna... emasculated until Master Nassa could tend his... injuries. The screaming one without the bullet hole would be Illidari, their summoner, and the one with a bullet hole and no eyes would be the very unfortunate chap who tried to escape to the garage... I'd like a word with Kallan, then, until the Chief is available to have a chat with me..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:22 pm

[Basement]

"Lucky...." Serge said, sounding incredibly jealous. "Seems like everyone's got a cool magical gadget at their disposal. Do you have any cool talismans?"

"I am pretty sure Mr Gregario would happily trade his talismans for your Avatar Serge, remember the Mercere use them to make up for their lack of magick. And no I do not own any talismans, they are expensive and difficult to make."
Ryan said and he gave you a bit of a look.

"Surprisingly, I think I can answer yes to that question. Sort of...." Serge said with a slight grin. "But they never bust out their cool sci fi toys. They always try to go for the efficient and cost effective solution first."

"That seams reasonable of them, you do what you need to win a fight, neither more or less than what you need to win."
The Nephandus said simply, your uncle nodded his agreement to this.
"Let us put him in this storage room over here."
Ryan said and pointed.
"We can tie him to the shelves again."
He added and the prisoner made a groan.
"Oh yippee."
He muttered sarcastically. Ryan gave him a stern look.
"It could be worse."
The Nephandus grinned a little at that.
"Yes well I suppose you are right about that."

"No prob." Serge said pulling out his phone to send Colin a message

The prisoner gave you a grateful look.

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin frowned, "I can't say for certain... but I think perhaps fear may have aided you in staying alive. Chances are you were restrained by the serum for some amount of time... and we know the risks that entail."

"I see, so is that going to happen? Is there no escape no matter what i do either stay alive and suffer or become a ghost and suffer?"
Kira asked and she sobbed more becoming rather hysterical.

Colin grinned, "I'm sure he'll be dreadfully disappointed that you didn't want to pet him after all."

"I am sure he will."
The Nephanda muttered wryly.

He sighed and shook his head, "I'm sorry... I truly am... but I can't let you go. I can't prevent you from... ending things after; I'm not a monster like that, but... I can't break the law and let you escape before then."

"Then leave me alone, you can stop trying to be nice to me you are not getting what you want. I am not going to stay alive to complete your fucking time loop. I am not going to join the fucking Mercere and be a fucking servant to the Traditions who have taken everything from me, you are not getting what you want from me so you might as well just leave me alone."
He girl screamed before she sank down to the floor sobbing hysterically.

He arched an eyebrow, then nodded thoughtfully, "Kallan's awake. He said to tell you not to worry about him."

Kira looked up at you from the bed and she gave a slight smile.
"It is good he is awake but it will not be easy not to worry. Can you have someone tell him I...I am fine."
She asked.

He nodded, "Thank you - my guest in the workshop doesn't eat much in her current state, I suppose, but Shawn has been... starved and mistreated. He's going to need quite a bit."

"I will get you as much blood as I can, as for Shawn someone said he needed to have his arm looked at? You can bring him up here when there is time."
Richard said.
"If the Chief have said it is okey for him to move around the Chantry."

He nodded, "A strategic necessity. He's put out a decree to stay away from medical personnel to help limit the spread of the plague, just in case. On the bright side, I just might have opened a diplomatic route to him, which can come to serve us greatly in keeping peace in the future."

"Well getting involved with the leader of the city's vampires could be both a boon, as you said a diplomatic route but also a danger and always remember that diplomatic relations go both ways, something our society might not be willing to comply with when it comes to their kind."
Henrietta said and she nodded.

[Ground floor]

He frowned at the line, then sighed softly, "Miss Williams, Miss Blackwell - would you kindly let the Chief know that I've headed town to ask a few polite questions of one of the captives, and that we will have to release the vampire and her ghoul very soon? I would rather not do the latter without conferring with him first, but I've got something of a deadline for diplomatic purposes."
He gave a quick bow, and headed further downstairs.

"Certainly Mr Wainwright I will let Master Morgan know."
Dion said and Helga nodded.
"Be careful around the prisoners ok man? They will be desperate and desperate fucks are dangerous fucks, through two of them seam to be rather far gone, perhaps that little artist in your Cabal can get something from them, if there is any minds left in them but damn whatever hit them hit them hard."
Helga commented.

He nodded, "Yes, the conscious one would be Kallan, the teleporter Anna... emasculated until Master Nassa could tend his... injuries. The screaming one without the bullet hole would be Illidari, their summoner, and the one with a bullet hole and no eyes would be the very unfortunate chap who tried to escape to the garage... I'd like a word with Kallan, then, until the Chief is available to have a chat with me..."

"Well the two screaming men can both write on their Facebook walls that this have been a very bad day it seams, also what happened to that one dude's eyes? Did something peck them out?"
Marian said then he pointed.
"Kallan is in that room over there, the third storage room."
The Euthanathos could inform you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:15 pm

[Security Office]

He took the water and drank some of it before putting a hand out for the board back to reply.

"I am glad to hear Miss Larson is awake i wonder how she knew about the ghosts though, we are going to have to send someone trustworthy to the hospital to talk with her."
Your Mentor replied.

'She said Felix told her and that the locket she has is an anchor for him, but he felt their pull. He said the attack is coming, A night and an day from when she called me earlier today, maybe two. The Fallen Progenitor's ghost has rounded up souls from the sentencing hall at Horizon to his cause, all our former enemies are coming for us. At least 15 former mages from Horizon plus anyone else they could recruit. He convinced them they could get a new avatar and a body and they are not normal ghosts but specters and want oblivion for everyone.'

"Dr Wong was here he...had disturbing information to share, he did not stay wanting to get back to Riverside to guard the Enforcer. There seam there might be a traitor at his Chantry and I do not like where this is going. "Dr Wong suspect the guilty party is Grandmother Dorothy's own daughter. The woman is a Verbena and a Master of the Art in her own right, if this information is correct it must be handled right, if a Hermetic where to accuse a Verbena Master it could create even more problems, but we must try to keep the Enforcer safe." He said before sitting down."

Adley's brows raised up and then he frowned. "Bad news." Of course, it had to be someone, but someone high placed and powerful was worse. He was glad the doctor was with her at least, but it would be hard to keep out the daughter of the Primus.

"I do not know how the Nephandi got through our wards or knew the name of our Guardian. I will have some questions for our prisoners."
He said darkly.

He frowned and wrote down" 'They knew the Name of our Guardian? This surprised him, his pater was very careful of who he shared Names with and though it could be that the angel was known to others that didn't live in the chantry, it boded poorly. They were compromised again and possibly the ward and tokens were not enough.

"I will talk with Mr Yager ask him to be ready if we need his help again and yes your brother...defended the other children killing one of the Fallen, I worry for the boy being forced to take a life is not and should not be easy, even when that life belong to one of our enemies."

"I'm worried to, but we have to deal with this first. I'd like to see him when I can though. Any orders for me?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin's Post:

'"Adulting"? Is that even a thing?' giving a puzzled frown.

Colin's Post:

'Erm, no. What I mean is that I kill her now, so future-you can't find out from her. But instead, future-you finds out the same thing from say... future-Porcupine. Da hallowed timeline remains intact.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a shrug to this, in the manner only a technomancer who denied the existence of Avatars could.

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Is there a way to get round them things?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'Hey, what about that scanner-app of yours?' looking to Jon.

Anja's Post:

The Etherite nodded to this. 'Need to update you, sir. Where do you think you'll be once we've secured the building?' checking the pistol and unclicking the safety.

[True. And there's a good chance Colin might not even tell her even if he did. Might judge that for the "greater good" she has to follow the path she's currently on. Even if it ultimately destroys her. Which is possible in her line of work.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:04 pm

[Security Office]

He took the water and drank some of it before putting a hand out for the board back to reply.

Jeffry handed you the writing tablet back.

'She said Felix told her and that the locket she has is an anchor for him, but he felt their pull. He said the attack is coming, A night and an day from when she called me earlier today, maybe two. The Fallen Progenitor's ghost has rounded up souls from the sentencing hall at Horizon to his cause, all our former enemies are coming for us. At least 15 former mages from Horizon plus anyone else they could recruit. He convinced them they could get a new avatar and a body and they are not normal ghosts but specters and want oblivion for everyone.'

"That would be Felix Arno her former boyfriend who surrendered to the Traditions then? Hum...this is not good news, we are going to have to make sure we are ready for what is coming."
Jeffry said and he frowned deeply.
"I have heard of Specters, they are most dangerous."

Adley's brows raised up and then he frowned. "Bad news." Of course, it had to be someone, but someone high placed and powerful was worse. He was glad the doctor was with her at least, but it would be hard to keep out the daughter of the Primus.

"Bad news, there seam to be allot of that going around today. And just between you and me it worry me that this Enforcer is the only competitor Vittoria D'Angelo have for her position within the Tribunal."
Your Mentor said.
"There might be more going on here than we yet see."

He frowned and wrote down" 'They knew the Name of our Guardian? This surprised him, his pater was very careful of who he shared Names with and though it could be that the angel was known to others that didn't live in the chantry, it boded poorly. They were compromised again and possibly the ward and tokens were not enough.

"Yes they did. Mr Wainwright warned us about it and I managed to send Uncle Willard to the villa and bring our new Guardian here to help protect us in time but I spoke with him and our attackers knew his True Name and had ordered him to step aside during the attack. I intend to find out how. I have shared that name with no one but the Primus."
The old Flambeau said his eyes darkening a little.

"I'm worried to, but we have to deal with this first. I'd like to see him when I can though. Any orders for me?"

"Yes three things for now. I want you to check on your brother, he was forced to kill one of the attackers and it seams there will be some time before I have a chance to sit down and talk with him about it, I want you to see how he is doing. Also I want you to summon Uncle Willard, safely, and ask him if he know how someone learned of his True Name. Also if you could ask Mr Wainwright to start interrogating the prisoners we took during the attack, tell him I want to know numbers and when Jace's army of ghosts will get her, anything they know about his plans, the location of his lab and other strongholds, I also want to know how they got through the wards and how they knew Uncle Willard's name, tell him that he have one chance to get the information from the prisoners in a...civilized manner, but if that do not work, stronger methods will be used."
Jeffry replied.
"That would be helpful mea filius."

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

'Erm, no. What I mean is that I kill her now, so future-you can't find out from her. But instead, future-you finds out the same thing from say... future-Porcupine. Da hallowed timeline remains intact.'

"No it do not since scarred guy here acted on the information he got from me in the future, that mean that any information future Porcupine can give him would not be the same, it would be based on an effect that no longer have a cause."
Kira said and she sigh.
"But do feel free to kill me anyway."

Nicole gave a shrug to this, in the manner only a technomancer who denied the existence of Avatars could.

This made the young prisoner cry even more she was fully bawling now, tears streaming down her pale cheeks.

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Is there a way to get round them things?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'Hey, what about that scanner-app of yours?' looking to Jon.

"Yeah that is a good idea actually with it we can see if there is anyone inside any of the rooms without having to go in and if there is we can knock on the door and see who it is...do you have the app installed or should I send it to you?"
Jon asked and he tapped at his phone happily.

The Etherite nodded to this. 'Need to update you, sir. Where do you think you'll be once we've secured the building?' checking the pistol and unclicking the safety.

"Either in my office, or in the basement interrogating the prisoners. However if you can't find me ask Master Sharaya he just knows where everyone is and should not have to cast active magick to do so."
Jeffry replied.
"Make sure you do not shoot any friendlies though some of the Chantry members have run and hidden, let them know it is safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:49 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Well, depends on how we're going to do this. If I'm the muscle, want both hands free. If you're going to back me up, I can do it.'

Anja's Post:

'Should have code-words for this kind of thing. And one to show that they're under duress...' Nicole muttered, giving the Chief a nod.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:57 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"I am pretty sure Mr Gregario would happily trade his talismans for your Avatar Serge, remember the Mercere use them to make up for their lack of magick. And no I do not own any talismans, they are expensive and difficult to make."
Ryan said and he gave you a bit of a look.

Serge sighed. Yeah, I guess your right. I'm probably the luckier one. Oh well. I'll figure out how to make a lightsaber eventually. Or ask Nicole."

Anja wrote:"That seams reasonable of them, you do what you need to win a fight, neither more or less than what you need to win."
The Nephandus said simply, your uncle nodded his agreement to this.
"Let us put him in this storage room over here."
Ryan said and pointed.
"We can tie him to the shelves again."
He added and the prisoner made a groan.
"Oh yippee."
He muttered sarcastically. Ryan gave him a stern look.
"It could be worse."
The Nephandus grinned a little at that.
"Yes well I suppose you are right about that."

"Yeah yeah. Victory at all costs and all that annoying stuff." Serge said disdainfully. "I swear to god, if I die because of statistical analysis and normal guns, I'm gonna be so mad."

As his Uncle maneuvered the prisoner to the storage shelves, Serge kept a close eye on him, to make sure he wasn't doing anything suspicious.

When the prisoner was in place, he'd help his Uncle tie him up to the shelves.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 pm

[Security office]

"That would be Felix Arno her former boyfriend who surrendered to the Traditions then? Hum...this is not good news, we are going to have to make sure we are ready for what is coming." Jeffry said and he frowned deeply. "I have heard of Specters, they are most dangerous."

He nodded to his question and wrote: 'Yes. It seems they are being recruited. If the spirit of the one that died out the window is still there, he should be sent off to where he should go. We do not need another ghost.'

And just between you and me it worry me that this Enforcer is the only competitor Vittoria D'Angelo have for her position within the Tribunal."
Your Mentor said. "There might be more going on here than we yet see."

He shook his head at the implications of it all. "What can we do?"

Yes they did. Mr Wainwright warned us about it and I managed to send Uncle Willard to the villa and bring our new Guardian here to help protect us in time but I spoke with him and our attackers knew his True Name and had ordered him to step aside during the attack. I intend to find out how. I have shared that name with no one but the Primus." The old Flambeau said his eyes darkening a little.

He wrote: 'Before I left on the last set of missions Wlrd 'gave' me a forest sprite to take with us. He was shepherding the small ones to safety. The sprite proved very helpful and I have left them to help keep an eye upstairs on your cabalmate. Do you think it is okay? I did not sense any trouble about it but with this new information I wonder about it now as it is not typical behavior of Wlrd. Maybe they were trying to help? Also if Wlrd is compromised, should he not be allowed back inside the chantry?'

"Yes three things for now. I want you to check on your brother, he was forced to kill one of the attackers and it seams there will be some time before I have a chance to sit down and talk with him about it, I want you to see how he is doing. Also I want you to summon Uncle Willard, safely, and ask him if he know how someone learned of his True Name. Also if you could ask Mr Wainwright to start interrogating the prisoners we took during the attack, tell him I want to know numbers and when Jace's army of ghosts will get her, anything they know about his plans, the location of his lab and other strongholds, I also want to know how they got through the wards and how they knew Uncle Willard's name, tell him that he have one chance to get the information from the prisoners in a...civilized manner, but if that do not work, stronger methods will be used."
Jeffry replied.
"That would be helpful mea filius."

He drew an arrow to his previous comments about the guardian and then added: 'Should I summon Wlrd away from the chantry then?' Aloud, he nodded and said "Yes, sir. It seems talking to my cabalmate first is in order, then backwards from there." He cleared off the board once it was read and returned, collected his items and stood up. He downed the rest of the water as well.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:02 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Nicole wrote:'"Adulting"? Is that even a thing?' giving a puzzled frown.
Colin smiled wryly, "It's been a thing for a good five years or so now. I believe it was Calvin and Hobbes who observed in the early nineties that verbing weirds language..."

Nicole wrote:'Erm, no. What I mean is that I kill her now, so future-you can't find out from her. But instead, future-you finds out the same thing from say... future-Porcupine. Da hallowed timeline remains intact.'
Anja wrote:"No it do not since scarred guy here acted on the information he got from me in the future, that mean that any information future Porcupine can give him would not be the same, it would be based on an effect that no longer have a cause."
Kira said and she sigh.
"But do feel free to kill me anyway."
He frowned, "That does nothing to close the time loop, since the information she would have given me was firsthand. Any information our Cabalmate might give me would be second-hand at best, likely third-hand. Also, any attempt on Kira's life while in our custody, and I will cheerfully strap you to the outside of the shuttle and drop you off to contemplate your deeds halfway between here and Horizon."

Anja wrote:"I see, so is that going to happen? Is there no escape no matter what i do either stay alive and suffer or become a ghost and suffer?"
Kira asked and she sobbed more becoming rather hysterical.
Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a shrug to this, in the manner only a technomancer who denied the existence of Avatars could.
Anja wrote:This made the young prisoner cry even more she was fully bawling now, tears streaming down her pale cheeks.
He gave Nicole a dirty look and scooped Kira up to let her cry on his shoulder, his voice positively icy, "Miss Bouchard, you've said quite enough. Get downstairs and do your damage to the ones we don't presently have in custody, instead of the ones who have surrendered."

Anja wrote:"Then leave me alone, you can stop trying to be nice to me you are not getting what you want. I am not going to stay alive to complete your fucking time loop. I am not going to join the fucking Mercere and be a fucking servant to the Traditions who have taken everything from me, you are not getting what you want from me so you might as well just leave me alone."
He girl screamed before she sank down to the floor sobbing hysterically.
He shook his head, "No. The time loop is irrelevant to this; you're my prisoner, and that gives me obligations. So while you're in my custody and care, I will keep looking after your well-being, regardless of what I want for myself."

Anja wrote:Kira looked up at you from the bed and she gave a slight smile.
"It is good he is awake but it will not be easy not to worry. Can you have someone tell him I...I am fine."
She asked.
He nodded, "I'll let him know in person."

Anja wrote:"I will get you as much blood as I can, as for Shawn someone said he needed to have his arm looked at? You can bring him up here when there is time."
Richard said.
"If the Chief have said it is okey for him to move around the Chantry."
He nodded, "I think he's going to hide in the, hm, guest room in the basement for a while; for the first time in God knows how long, he's got a room with a bed and a door he can lock from the inside... You may knock and ask him to open the door, but I wouldn't be particularly surprised if he's staying hidden in there for a while. His arm is bandaged; right now, I think the best thing for him for the foreseeable future is that we allow him a sanctum, and don't force ourselves into what's left of his sense of personal space..."

Anja wrote:"Well getting involved with the leader of the city's vampires could be both a boon, as you said a diplomatic route but also a danger and always remember that diplomatic relations go both ways, something our society might not be willing to comply with when it comes to their kind."
Henrietta said and she nodded.
He nodded, "In this case, it was necessary to contact him, as Jace has enlisted the aid of a powerful, old, insane vampire with aspirations of dethroning the Prince, and we would far prefer the Prince to rule the city than an inhumane fleshcrafter... As it is, the vampires of Boston - of all factions outside of the one ally of Jace's - should be getting word to stay the hell out of the fight before Boston gets an unusual night of midnight sun. And fortunately, only the Hermetics have outright laws against associating with vampires, which means I personally am not prohibited from keeping an open dialogue with the man..."

[Ground floor]
Anja wrote:"Certainly Mr Wainwright I will let Master Morgan know."
Dion said and Helga nodded.
"Be careful around the prisoners ok man? They will be desperate and desperate fucks are dangerous fucks, through two of them seam to be rather far gone, perhaps that little artist in your Cabal can get something from them, if there is any minds left in them but damn whatever hit them hit them hard."
Helga commented.
He smiled wryly, "I don't think Mr. Yager will be able to stomach going in to find anything, I'm afraid I may have locked their minds in memories of the Caul... Not sure how long they'll be stuck in there, but it could be a long while..."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Well the two screaming men can both write on their Facebook walls that this have been a very bad day it seams, also what happened to that one dude's eyes? Did something peck them out?"
Marian said then he pointed.
"Kallan is in that room over there, the third storage room."
The Euthanathos could inform you.
He nodded, "The blinded chap was unfortunate enough to cross paths with Mundi and Jareth. And then I just might have locked his mind in a memory of the Caul... Well, that's my theory, anyway; others who've come back from that were disinclined to confirm their experience... Hell of a weapon, to be honest..."
He smiled thinly, "I'll make sure to record the conversation, and give a holler if I need assistance. Oh, and if the good Lady Crexia should pass by, would you kindly ask her if she would care to join me for a bit of good cop/bad cop, just in case the gentleman refuses to cooperate? Namedropping her might be adequate, but just in case..."
He gave Marian a nod, and calmly entered Kallan's makeshift cell, starting a recording on his phone and smiling coldly as he closed the door quietly, "Well, then, Kallan, formerly of the Order of Hermes and House Tytalus... Kira asked me to let you know she's fine... under the circumstances. She's presently in the infirmary; she needed a minor operation, nothing serious, just a piece of metal stuck in her arm. As for you... my apologies for how my daughter, hm, emasculated you - our senior healer sympathized greatly with you as he mended the damage; apparently she'd shattered your pelvis and kicked your testicles up to where one would expect to find them in a young boy... but everything should be back in its place now, and you should be... functional again in a few weeks. Well, in that respect, anyway. Now, I should like you to answer a few questions..."

((OOC: Nicole would have to manage to piss Colin off REALLY badly to convince him that letting her roll down a path to her own destruction would be "worth it" for the "greater good" - and not just because Colin hates sacrificing the one to save the many. But she's certainly not making a very good case for herself right now... Quite plausible that future Colin knows that Nicole just never advanced in rank, and has managed to secure nothing better for herself than the position of a deckhand, third class, on an Umbra ship, and Colin's fine with that. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Well, depends on how we're going to do this. If I'm the muscle, want both hands free. If you're going to back me up, I can do it.'

"It is my app so probably better if i keep an eye on it while you handle the guns, through I have to say I am not a bad shot myself, I have an app for that."
Jon replied.

'Should have code-words for this kind of thing. And one to show that they're under duress...' Nicole muttered, giving the Chief a nod.

"This is not a bad idea Miss Bouchard, we can discuss it once the current situation is dealt with."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

[Basement]

Serge sighed. Yeah, I guess your right. I'm probably the luckier one. Oh well. I'll figure out how to make a lightsaber eventually. Or ask Nicole."

"You just guess I am right Serge? What would you rather have, one artifact that do one cool thing, or the ability to work magick for yourself?"
Your uncle said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Well yes you can always ask Miss Bouchard if she can make one."

"Yeah yeah. Victory at all costs and all that annoying stuff." Serge said disdainfully. "I swear to god, if I die because of statistical analysis and normal guns, I'm gonna be so mad."

"Well yes that is not a good end for a mage."
The Nephandus agreed with a chuckle.
"But we are at war child then then practicality have to trump flair."

As his Uncle maneuvered the prisoner to the storage shelves, Serge kept a close eye on him, to make sure he wasn't doing anything suspicious.

When the prisoner was in place, he'd help his Uncle tie him up to the shelves.

Other than limping the prisoner was not doing much. Your uncle showed you how to use a bit of rope to tie the prisoner to the shelves.
"Here, at least four rounds around his wrists and then two around that make sure it is secure but at the same time not cutting off circulation to much, then we bind his torso to the shelves."

[Security office]

He nodded to his question and wrote: 'Yes. It seems they are being recruited. If the spirit of the one that died out the window is still there, he should be sent off to where he should go. We do not need another ghost.'

"That is a good point I will ask one of our Euthanathoi to see to it, though the man's death would have been kinder than the way Nephandi sent to the Main Sentencing Hall meet their ends so he might not end up a wraith but there is no reason to take any chances."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

He shook his head at the implications of it all. "What can we do?"

"We need to get the Enforcer out of Riverside for once before the ones who tried to kill her try again and if we are lucky perhaps she witnessed something we can use, other than that we can continue to built a case against Master D'Angelo and make sure it is air tight. In addition we need to take down the traitor at Riverside, even if that means there will be conflict with her mother and with the Verbena, let us just hope she was pressured into it or somehow is a victim in this an not a willing participant then perhaps there can be some redemption."
Your Mentor replied.
"None of these are simple tasks though."

He wrote: 'Before I left on the last set of missions Wlrd 'gave' me a forest sprite to take with us. He was shepherding the small ones to safety. The sprite proved very helpful and I have left them to help keep an eye upstairs on your cabalmate. Do you think it is okay? I did not sense any trouble about it but with this new information I wonder about it now as it is not typical behavior of Wlrd. Maybe they were trying to help? Also if Wlrd is compromised, should he not be allowed back inside the chantry?'

"The sprite should be fine, they have their own name and they are friendly but simple creatures I do not think they are capable of being part of some conspiracy, likely Uncle Willard send her with you to help. Until we know more though I have set the angle to guard our Node at the villa, it is not ideal, but we need to find out what is going on before he can be allowed back into the Chantry."
Jeffry said.
"And yes that leave our Node with a vulnerability but better Willard guard it than no one."

He drew an arrow to his previous comments about the guardian and then added: 'Should I summon Wlrd away from the chantry then?' Aloud, he nodded and said "Yes, sir. It seems talking to my cabalmate first is in order, then backwards from there." He cleared off the board once it was read and returned, collected his items and stood up. He downed the rest of the water as well.

"Yes summon Uncle Willard outside of the Chantry, but do not go out alone, bring someone with you."
Your Mentor agreed.
"Yes starting with Mr Wainwright seam to be a good idea."
The old war mage said.
"Unless there is anything further then mea filius I do believe others are waiting to talk to me, I am sorry we will catch up later and hopefully still be able to have dinner with Cita and Narim."

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

He frowned, "That does nothing to close the time loop, since the information she would have given me was firsthand. Any information our Cabalmate might give me would be second-hand at best, likely third-hand. Also, any attempt on Kira's life while in our custody, and I will cheerfully strap you to the outside of the shuttle and drop you off to contemplate your deeds halfway between here and Horizon."

"I am not sure you should try that, I mean have you seen how big she is? She looks like a fucking action figure come to life!"
Kira exclaimed clearly impressed by Nicole's sheer size.
"I am not so sure she will let you strap her to anything."

He gave Nicole a dirty look and scooped Kira up to let her cry on his shoulder, his voice positively icy, "Miss Bouchard, you've said quite enough. Get downstairs and do your damage to the ones we don't presently have in custody, instead of the ones who have surrendered."

The teenager cried hysterically leaning against you not caring if you where an enemy right now holding onto your jacket and sobbing.
"I want to keep my Avatar...I want my Mentor...I want to go home!"
Her whole frame was shuddering as she sobbed.

He shook his head, "No. The time loop is irrelevant to this; you're my prisoner, and that gives me obligations. So while you're in my custody and care, I will keep looking after your well-being, regardless of what I want for myself."

"I...I guess that makes sense and is a honorable thing to do."
Kira muttered still crying.
"But I do not want to live without my magick I don't!"

He nodded, "I'll let him know in person."

The young Nephanda looked at you.
"Thank you."
She muttered gratefully.

He nodded, "I think he's going to hide in the, hm, guest room in the basement for a while; for the first time in God knows how long, he's got a room with a bed and a door he can lock from the inside... You may knock and ask him to open the door, but I wouldn't be particularly surprised if he's staying hidden in there for a while. His arm is bandaged; right now, I think the best thing for him for the foreseeable future is that we allow him a sanctum, and don't force ourselves into what's left of his sense of personal space..."

"You may be right and it is not like he can get an infection or get worse...I might be able to make a salve that will ease his discomfort though, let me get on that and you can pass him a jar of it to use as he see fit when next you check on him."
Richard said with a frown.
"The creature have been treated quite badly then?"
He asked.

He nodded, "In this case, it was necessary to contact him, as Jace has enlisted the aid of a powerful, old, insane vampire with aspirations of dethroning the Prince, and we would far prefer the Prince to rule the city than an inhumane fleshcrafter... As it is, the vampires of Boston - of all factions outside of the one ally of Jace's - should be getting word to stay the hell out of the fight before Boston gets an unusual night of midnight sun. And fortunately, only the Hermetics have outright laws against associating with vampires, which means I personally am not prohibited from keeping an open dialogue with the man..."

"I can pass the word around that everyone need to stay of the streets if possible for their own safety. I am not sure how far my contacts can get said word but I can try."
Henrietta offered.
"And yes we would much rather have this Prince rule his kind in the city and some monster allied with a long dead Nephandus."
She agreed with a frown. You saw Cecilia cringe when she heard Jace's name and she grabbed onto Henrietta's arm.
"He is dead right? He is dead? He can not come here and get me for leaving the Nephandi, Master Jace is dead right Mentor he have to be dead?"
The hedge wizard seamed quite scared and she looked at you.
"Master Jace is dead right Mr Wainwright he can't come back right?"
All color had drained from the woman's face and she looked about ready to run away and hide.

[Ground floor]

He smiled wryly, "I don't think Mr. Yager will be able to stomach going in to find anything, I'm afraid I may have locked their minds in memories of the Caul... Not sure how long they'll be stuck in there, but it could be a long while..."

"Oh my."
Dion muttered and Helga frowned, she did that allot.
"Then we might be left with that black haired dude that got his balls crushed or so I hear and the teenage girl at least they can give us some information, and no we do not want Serge to stick his mind where he could be traumatized for life, he is just a kid I would not want anything bad to happen to him, also do you know how piss angry his Mentor would be at us if we broke her first and only apprentice?"
The Cultist replied gruffly.

[Basement]

He nodded, "The blinded chap was unfortunate enough to cross paths with Mundi and Jareth. And then I just might have locked his mind in a memory of the Caul... Well, that's my theory, anyway; others who've come back from that were disinclined to confirm their experience... Hell of a weapon, to be honest..."

"Remind me not to piss of your owl Mr Wainwright and yeah that is quite a weapon where did you get it?"
Marian asked his eyes widening a bit.
"Poor guy that is not a comfortable fate I recon."

He smiled thinly, "I'll make sure to record the conversation, and give a holler if I need assistance. Oh, and if the good Lady Crexia should pass by, would you kindly ask her if she would care to join me for a bit of good cop/bad cop, just in case the gentleman refuses to cooperate? Namedropping her might be adequate, but just in case..."

"Lady Crexia that is the little woman in the dress right? Acts like some queen or something, yeah she was down here not long ago doing a ritual with the other Hermetics, I will let her know if I see her."
The death magus agreed.

He gave Marian a nod, and calmly entered Kallan's makeshift cell, starting a recording on his phone and smiling coldly as he closed the door quietly, "Well, then, Kallan, formerly of the Order of Hermes and House Tytalus... Kira asked me to let you know she's fine... under the circumstances. She's presently in the infirmary; she needed a minor operation, nothing serious, just a piece of metal stuck in her arm.

"Thank the dark Gods!"
The Fallen Hermetic exclaimed. He was a handsome man, he looked to be in his mid thirties, he was tall and thin with a finely shaped face, pale skin and short, black hair, his eyes where ice gray. The man was wearing a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie and he had two silver rings in his right earlobe.
"How is she holding up...Kira I mean? How is she being treated, she said to say she is fine but is she actually fine?"
He asked concern in his voice.

As for you... my apologies for how my daughter, hm, emasculated you - our senior healer sympathized greatly with you as he mended the damage; apparently she'd shattered your pelvis and kicked your testicles up to where one would expect to find them in a young boy... but everything should be back in its place now, and you should be... functional again in a few weeks. Well, in that respect, anyway. Now, I should like you to answer a few questions..."

"Your daughter has a mean kick, I did not expect the little counterspeller to use a mundane attack like that, damn!"
The Nephandus said half wincing half sounding impressed.
"You are not going to have to worry about her alone on the street when she gets older, and my gratitude to your healer that was not comfortable though thankfully I was out for most of it, damn."
He said sounding half amused then he turned serious and he looked at you evenly.
"I am afraid there are very few questions you have to ask that I will want to reply to Traditionalist but by all means to ask them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next