Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

5 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 29 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:00 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin's Post:

'Know the idea. More questioning what the hell it means and the relevance right now.'

Colin's Post:

A small annoyed grunt, then left.

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Okay - you do it. Better check the bodies first; don't want to learn that one was wearing a suicide vest with a timer or something...' moving towards one of the dead attackers.

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, choosing not to mention that she'd had a couple of more ideas in patching some of the more glaring weaknesses in their defences shown up by the attack.

[A 'path of destruction' may not be of self-destruction. Might be Nicole was say part of a tricky mission and got killed - always a risk for a soldier. Or may be a more metaphysical 'destruction' and is now a being which has lost her inherent 'Nicole-ness'. Though while Colin might be pissed off with her right now, he'll have to admit she's been of use today; if nothing else, she gave the Chantry a head-start on at least two leads...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 29 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Okay - you do it. Better check the bodies first; don't want to learn that one was wearing a suicide vest with a timer or something...' moving towards one of the dead attackers.

"Agreed that would suck."
Jon said as he waked over to the bodies as well, there where two human bodies and one something a hulking thing that looked like a bear made out of human parts joined together at random, this was exactly why many Etherite Chantries outlawed drinking in the bio lab, things exactly like this thing for they always got loose, always ate someone and then there was never an end to the troubles.
"What if you search the two dudes and I will deal with ugly over there?"
Jon offered.

Nicole nodded to this, choosing not to mention that she'd had a couple of more ideas in patching some of the more glaring weaknesses in their defences shown up by the attack.

Jeffry had already turned his attention to other matters and he was speaking with Dr Lee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:41 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Nicole wrote:'Know the idea. More questioning what the hell it means and the relevance right now.'
Colin shook his head, "It means doing things expected of adults - you know, making food, cleaning, getting bills paid, the whole nine yards... And there was that comment about expecting the glare for being a meddling adult."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure you should try that, I mean have you seen how big she is? She looks like a fucking action figure come to life!"
Kira exclaimed clearly impressed by Nicole's sheer size.
"I am not so sure she will let you strap her to anything."
He smiled thinly, "Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery... I have my ways."

Anja wrote:The teenager cried hysterically leaning against you not caring if you where an enemy right now holding onto your jacket and sobbing.
"I want to keep my Avatar...I want my Mentor...I want to go home!"
Her whole frame was shuddering as she sobbed.
He sighed softly, patting the back of her head, "I can give you many things, but those three... I'm sorry. But you'll get to see your Mentor later. That much I will make sure of..."

Anja wrote:"I...I guess that makes sense and is a honorable thing to do."
Kira muttered still crying.
"But I do not want to live without my magick I don't!"
He nodded, "I understand. I'll still do what I can to persuade you to hold on... but I won't force you if I can't help give you magic anew..."

Anja wrote:The young Nephanda looked at you.
"Thank you."
She muttered gratefully.
He nodded, "Literally the least I could do. I have to speak with him, in any case."

Anja wrote:"You may be right and it is not like he can get an infection or get worse...I might be able to make a salve that will ease his discomfort though, let me get on that and you can pass him a jar of it to use as he see fit when next you check on him."
Richard said with a frown.
"The creature have been treated quite badly then?"
He asked.
He frowned and nodded, "He has. Very badly; physical and psychological abuse for years. And... we're trying to build him back up as a person. His name is Shawn, not 'the creature'. Please keep that in mind; he's a badly broken child, and..." He glanced down at Shawn's ring, "He's family. I'll have to track down that one, too..."

[Third Floor After Battle]
Anja wrote:"I can pass the word around that everyone need to stay of the streets if possible for their own safety. I am not sure how far my contacts can get said word but I can try."
Henrietta offered.
"And yes we would much rather have this Prince rule his kind in the city and some monster allied with a long dead Nephandus."
She agreed with a frown. You saw Cecilia cringe when she heard Jace's name and she grabbed onto Henrietta's arm.
"He is dead right? He is dead? He can not come here and get me for leaving the Nephandi, Master Jace is dead right Mentor he have to be dead?"
The hedge wizard seamed quite scared and she looked at you.
"Master Jace is dead right Mr Wainwright he can't come back right?"
All color had drained from the woman's face and she looked about ready to run away and hide.
He nodded, "Word is out among the Camarilla and the Sabbat, but if you have any Anarch allies, they might not have got the message just yet..."
He gave Henrietta a quick, apologetic glance and shook his head, "I watched Jace have his Avatar shredded, and his body reduced to its component atomic particles - he's not coming back, but his allies are still around. I'm dreadfully sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you."

[Ground floor]
Anja wrote:"Oh my."
Dion muttered and Helga frowned, she did that allot.
"Then we might be left with that black haired dude that got his balls crushed or so I hear and the teenage girl at least they can give us some information, and no we do not want Serge to stick his mind where he could be traumatized for life, he is just a kid I would not want anything bad to happen to him, also do you know how piss angry his Mentor would be at us if we broke her first and only apprentice?"
The Cultist replied gruffly.
He smiled wryly, "Oh, I wouldn't be worried about Dr. Boudavich if we broke Mr. Yager. I'd be more worried about the sheer deluge of righteous fury coming from his grandmentor, and his great-grandmentor. I'm not sure how common it is to be marked for a slow and unpleasant death by an entire Tradition, but I think that would probably do the trick..."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Remind me not to piss of your owl Mr Wainwright and yeah that is quite a weapon where did you get it?"
Marian asked his eyes widening a bit.
"Poor guy that is not a comfortable fate I recon."
He grinned, "It was delivered at the front door, actually. And no, it's a pretty horrid fate, regardless of whether or not he comes to once the bullet is out..."

Anja wrote:"Lady Crexia that is the little woman in the dress right? Acts like some queen or something, yeah she was down here not long ago doing a ritual with the other Hermetics, I will let her know if I see her."
The death magus agreed.
He nodded and quietly replied, "Yes, that's her. And do show some respect if you address her - the good lady is from the era of the Roman republic, if not earlier, and was the chief torturer of House Tremere, all the way back... There are few of greater power here, and while she does have a fair bit of patience with those younger than herself, impertinence is never a good idea."
He smiled thinly, "There are few people I know who have earned so regal an attitude."

Anja wrote:"Thank the dark Gods!"
The Fallen Hermetic exclaimed. He was a handsome man, he looked to be in his mid thirties, he was tall and thin with a finely shaped face, pale skin and short, black hair, his eyes where ice gray. The man was wearing a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie and he had two silver rings in his right earlobe.
"How is she holding up...Kira I mean? How is she being treated, she said to say she is fine but is she actually fine?"
He asked concern in his voice.
He sighed, putting on his glasses and giving the earrings and the rest of Kallan's outfit a once-over to check for magic, just in case, "She's... physically fine; she's been given a few shots of local anesthesia and a good dose of antibiotics, just in case there was trouble with the little wound, but aside from that, she's only been strapped to a hospital bed and given a pair of suppressant handcuffs, rather than the serum. Mentally, though... She knows what's going to happen to her, and that it's possible she'll still be alive a decade from now, even after... that, so she's understandably not particularly cheerful about the future... but, I'm going to do what I can to make her stay as unpleasant, so far as I'm able."

Anja wrote:"Your daughter has a mean kick, I did not expect the little counterspeller to use a mundane attack like that, damn!"
The Nephandus said half wincing half sounding impressed.
"You are not going to have to worry about her alone on the street when she gets older, and my gratitude to your healer that was not comfortable though thankfully I was out for most of it, damn."
He said sounding half amused then he turned serious and he looked at you evenly.
He grinned, "Why bother wasting time with complicated spellcraft when a swift kick can shut down the opposing Mage so much more completely and for longer? Abigail's prelate, Gabriel, didn't raise a fool for an apprentice..."

Anja wrote:"I am afraid there are very few questions you have to ask that I will want to reply to Traditionalist but by all means to ask them."
He nodded, his face betraying no emotion, "Obviously, right now you don't want to tell me how you knew a way through our wards, or how you knew our guardian angel's Name. Nor do you want to tell me when Jace will be arriving with his army of specters, where his laboratory is, where to find his pet Tzimisce, where the rest of your Labyrinth is, or where it would be appropriate to bury the two buckets we have containing the mortal remains of Eric Dahl..."
He paused for a few moments, watching Kallan's expression and waiting for a response...

((OOC: Oh, Colin does acknowledge Nicole has had a measure of usefulness, but right now he's rather upset with her, and she's well into the "expendable" part of the spectrum. He'll get over that eventually, though, if she doesn't go out of her way to infuriate more people who will come to complain to him as the Cabal Leader. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:01 am

[Security Office]

"That is a good point I will ask one of our Euthanathoi to see to it, though the man's death would have been kinder than the way Nephandi sent to the Main Sentencing Hall meet their ends so he might not end up a wraith but there is no reason to take any chances."

He tilted his head and then wrote onto the board: 'That depends. If he was ever given that serum, it seems he would have a much higher chance of becoming one of those things than elsewise, alongside all the other problems we're learning about it.'

"We need to get the Enforcer out of Riverside for once before the ones who tried to kill her try again and if we are lucky perhaps she witnessed something we can use, other than that we can continue to built a case against Master D'Angelo and make sure it is air tight. In addition we need to take down the traitor at Riverside, even if that means there will be conflict with her mother and with the Verbena, let us just hope she was pressured into it or somehow is a victim in this an not a willing participant then perhaps there can be some redemption." Your Mentor replied. "None of these are simple tasks though."

'Not when we're about to be attacked by a bunch of angry specters.'

"The sprite should be fine, they have their own name and they are friendly but simple creatures I do not think they are capable of being part of some conspiracy, likely Uncle Willard send her with you to help. Until we know more though I have set the angle to guard our Node at the villa, it is not ideal, but we need to find out what is going on before he can be allowed back into the Chantry." Jeffry said. "And yes that leave our Node with a vulnerability but better Willard guard it than no one."

"Alright."

"Yes summon Uncle Willard outside of the Chantry, but do not go out alone, bring someone with you."
Your Mentor agreed.

"Very well, sir." 'Other than the villa, which I cannot go into without causing pain, do you have suggestions of a safe place?'

"Yes starting with Mr Wainwright seam to be a good idea." The old war mage said. "Unless there is anything further then mea filius I do believe others are waiting to talk to me, I am sorry we will catch up later and hopefully still be able to have dinner with Cita and Narim."

'If we do, it will have to be in his room - and he cannot access the refrigerator currently.' Then he packed up with a short bow. "Yes, sir," he said and went to clear off the traces on his cup before he left. Next up he texted Colin a short message: 'I need a moment to talk with you.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"You just guess I am right Serge? What would you rather have, one artifact that do one cool thing, or the ability to work magick for yourself?"
Your uncle said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Well yes you can always ask Miss Bouchard if she can make one."

"Sorry sorry. You are right." Serge said, correcting himself.

Anja wrote:"Well yes that is not a good end for a mage."
The Nephandus agreed with a chuckle.
"But we are at war child then then practicality have to trump flair."

"Yeah......" Serge said with a sigh, clearly saddened by that fact. Then perking up a little he said, "But let's say in some wacky world flair did trump practicality. What would your flair-y method be for combat?"

Anja wrote:Other than limping the prisoner was not doing much. Your uncle showed you how to use a bit of rope to tie the prisoner to the shelves.
"Here, at least four rounds around his wrists and then two around that make sure it is secure but at the same time not cutting off circulation to much, then we bind his torso to the shelves."

"Well this would make for an interesting boy scouts badge." Serge said with a dark chuckle as he followed his Uncle instruction and binded the man's wrists to the shelves.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:34 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

He smiled thinly, "Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery... I have my ways."

"I did not talk about her youth I talked about her size."
Kira said wryly.

He sighed softly, patting the back of her head, "I can give you many things, but those three... I'm sorry. But you'll get to see your Mentor later. That much I will make sure of..."

The young Nephanda kept crying hysterically.
"Please talk with them get them to not harm my Avatar, please...please..."
She continued bawling.
"I want my Mentor...I don't want to be here...I want my magick...I want to go home..."

He nodded, "I understand. I'll still do what I can to persuade you to hold on... but I won't force you if I can't help give you magic anew..."

"Please just stop, if you can give me my magick back after...after...that then that is one thing but it have to be more than some pipe dream with updates every three months, and if you can't do that just let it be and stop trying to talk me into it. it do not want to join the Mercere, I do not want to be a servant of the Traditions without magick."
The girl cried bitterly and looked away.
"So unless you can give me my magick back just let it be, please..."

He nodded, "Literally the least I could do. I have to speak with him, in any case."

The young Nephanda nodded gratefully at that.

He frowned and nodded, "He has. Very badly; physical and psychological abuse for years. And... we're trying to build him back up as a person. His name is Shawn, not 'the creature'. Please keep that in mind; he's a badly broken child, and..." He glanced down at Shawn's ring, "He's family. I'll have to track down that one, too..."

"Yes...yes sorry, sorry...Shawn then. I see it will take a long time for him to get better from abuse like that. At least he should be safe here, as a custos of this Chantry he will be treated kindly."
Richard said then he raised an eyebrow.
"Family? You are related to this vampire?"

He nodded, "Word is out among the Camarilla and the Sabbat, but if you have any Anarch allies, they might not have got the message just yet..."

"I will see what I can do to get the word to them."
Henrietta promised.

He gave Henrietta a quick, apologetic glance and shook his head, "I watched Jace have his Avatar shredded, and his body reduced to its component atomic particles - he's not coming back, but his allies are still around. I'm dreadfully sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you."

The Hollower gave you a bit of a look then she sigh taking her apprentice's hand gently. Cecilia looked at you nervously.
"A...are you sure Sir...he is dead? Completely dead?"
She muttered one arm went to scratch along her spine as if old wounds had started to ache.
"O...ok Sir I am sorry...so sorry for being so nervous...I just never want to see that man again...ever."

[Ground floor]

He smiled wryly, "Oh, I wouldn't be worried about Dr. Boudavich if we broke Mr. Yager. I'd be more worried about the sheer deluge of righteous fury coming from his grandmentor, and his great-grandmentor. I'm not sure how common it is to be marked for a slow and unpleasant death by an entire Tradition, but I think that would probably do the trick..."

"Ah yes well there is that, also the kid is rather nice so let us try to keep him reasonably safe."
Helga said with an raised eyebrow.

[Basement]

He grinned, "It was delivered at the front door, actually. And no, it's a pretty horrid fate, regardless of whether or not he comes to once the bullet is out..."

"Delivered by the front door? By who?"
Marian asked then he sigh.
"Yeah those guys seam to be really suffering."

He nodded and quietly replied, "Yes, that's her. And do show some respect if you address her - the good lady is from the era of the Roman republic, if not earlier, and was the chief torturer of House Tremere, all the way back... There are few of greater power here, and while she does have a fair bit of patience with those younger than herself, impertinence is never a good idea."
He smiled thinly, "There are few people I know who have earned so regal an attitude."

"I will make sure to address her properly then, that is pretty old, well she is a lich is she not?"
Marian said.
"You would almost expect her to show up with a zombie army or something, and a chief torturer, well one more I would not want to run afoul of then."
The Euthanathos grunted and it was clear he did not approve of the lich part.

He sighed, putting on his glasses and giving the earrings and the rest of Kallan's outfit a once-over to check for magic, just in case,

There was nothing magickal about Kallan's clothes or his earrings, you saw the dark twisted magick that lived inside of him held back by the serum and you saw the residue of the spells he had cast during the battle, but nothing active.

"She's... physically fine; she's been given a few shots of local anesthesia and a good dose of antibiotics, just in case there was trouble with the little wound, but aside from that, she's only been strapped to a hospital bed and given a pair of suppressant handcuffs, rather than the serum. Mentally, though... She knows what's going to happen to her, and that it's possible she'll still be alive a decade from now, even after... that, so she's understandably not particularly cheerful about the future... but, I'm going to do what I can to make her stay as unpleasant, so far as I'm able."

"I am glad she have not been put on the serum, that is at least something, poor kid."
Kallan said.
"She is to young to have ever been brought into battle..."
He said then he looked down.
"She will be kept alive after...that is horrible."
He muttered bitterly.

He grinned, "Why bother wasting time with complicated spellcraft when a swift kick can shut down the opposing Mage so much more completely and for longer? Abigail's prelate, Gabriel, didn't raise a fool for an apprentice..."

"Smart kid."
The Nephandus commented then he raised an eyebrow.
"Prelatus Gabriel...she was his student? I did not think the Traditions would take in a former member of my Faction."
He said sounding surprised.

He nodded, his face betraying no emotion, "Obviously, right now you don't want to tell me how you knew a way through our wards, or how you knew our guardian angel's Name. Nor do you want to tell me when Jace will be arriving with his army of specters, where his laboratory is, where to find his pet Tzimisce, where the rest of your Labyrinth is, or where it would be appropriate to bury the two buckets we have containing the mortal remains of Eric Dahl..."
He paused for a few moments, watching Kallan's expression and waiting for a response...

Kallan just looked at you calmly then he said.
"So Dahl got killed...hum..."
He said nothing more and just looked at you nor did he show any emotion.

[Security Office]

He tilted his head and then wrote onto the board: 'That depends. If he was ever given that serum, it seems he would have a much higher chance of becoming one of those things than elsewise, alongside all the other problems we're learning about it.'

"The serum affect the chance someone turn into a wraith?"
Jeffry asked.
"It is no way for us to know if this Nephandus have ever been put on it, like I said I will speak with our Euthanatos."

Not when we're about to be attacked by a bunch of angry specters.'

"Things are never easy."
Your Mentor said with a sigh.

"Very well, sir." 'Other than the villa, which I cannot go into without causing pain, do you have suggestions of a safe place?'

"Hum...the shuttle at the Umbra port is one option. I rent a storage room on the docks as well but as your voice tend to carry it might not be the best, that or a place in the Umbra might be a good idea."
The old war mage replied.

If we do, it will have to be in his room - and he cannot access the refrigerator currently.' Then he packed up with a short bow. "Yes, sir," he said and went to clear off the traces on his cup before he left. Next up he texted Colin a short message: 'I need a moment to talk with you.'

"We can always order in and bring the food to Narim's room. We will see."
Jeffry said, he nodded approvingly when you cleansed the residues of your glass then he walked you to the door of his office before he waved Dion in.
"Miss Blackwell you wanted to see me?"
He said and the young Chorister walked into the security office.
"Yes Sir first of all, may I invite my spirit allies into the new ward, but also one of them might have seen something."
You heard before the door was closed.

Colin you get a message.

[Basement]

"Sorry sorry. You are right." Serge said, correcting himself.

Your uncle looked at you for a moment longer then he focused on the task ahead.

"Yeah......" Serge said with a sigh, clearly saddened by that fact. Then perking up a little he said, "But let's say in some wacky world flair did trump practicality. What would your flair-y method be for combat?"

The Nephandus chuckle at that.
"Hum...let me think, portals probably, so someone try to punch you but they punch themselves instead, falling back into a portal, that lead to another portal so they fall through and eternity of portals before they land, being crused in the process, teleporting their own bullets to hit their allies, even taking one shot fired but having it hit several enemies at once. Having portals chase around your enemies, you open a portal to outer space, make a big, red glowing portal and then have it run after your enemies, floating after them gaining on them no matter how fast they run."
The Kallan replied.
"What about you kid?"

"Well this would make for an interesting boy scouts badge." Serge said with a dark chuckle as he followed his Uncle instruction and binded the man's wrists to the shelves.

"Well being able to tie someone up is useful kid...both your enemies and...well let us just say it is a hit at orgies."
Ryan said without a hint of shame. Kallan chuckle again.
"Let me guess, Cultists?"
He asked sounding amused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Anja wrote:"I did not talk about her youth I talked about her size."
Kira said wryly.
Colin nodded, "True, but physical power is not the only factor. I'm still a bit older than her, and perhaps a little bit shrewder..."

Anja wrote:"Yes...yes sorry, sorry...Shawn then. I see it will take a long time for him to get better from abuse like that. At least he should be safe here, as a custos of this Chantry he will be treated kindly."
Richard said then he raised an eyebrow.
"Family? You are related to this vampire?"
He frowned, "In a manner of speaking... Long, complicated story full of secrets, I'm afraid... but it's important to me that we help him thrive."

Anja wrote:The Hollower gave you a bit of a look then she sigh taking her apprentice's hand gently. Cecilia looked at you nervously.
"A...are you sure Sir...he is dead? Completely dead?"
She muttered one arm went to scratch along her spine as if old wounds had started to ache.
"O...ok Sir I am sorry...so sorry for being so nervous...I just never want to see that man again...ever."
He shook his head, "I'm sorry I scared you. Jace is not coming back to get you, I promise."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Delivered by the front door? By who?"
Marian asked then he sigh.
"Yeah those guys seam to be really suffering."
He grinned, "Oh, just a time traveler from the future. You would probably not believe it anyway..."

Anja wrote:"I will make sure to address her properly then, that is pretty old, well she is a lich is she not?"
Marian said.
"You would almost expect her to show up with a zombie army or something, and a chief torturer, well one more I would not want to run afoul of then."
The Euthanathos grunted and it was clear he did not approve of the lich part.
He smiled wryly, "I'd not expect her to bring a zombie army at all - those are so gauche. Though I suppose I could see her bringing about an enslaved vampire or three."

Anja wrote:"I am glad she have not been put on the serum, that is at least something, poor kid."
Kallan said.
"She is to young to have ever been brought into battle..."
He said then he looked down.
"She will be kept alive after...that is horrible."
He muttered bitterly.
He shrugged, "Whether or not she'll be kept alive after... that is not my decision to make. She might choose to live on... I'll see what I can do to make her life a little better, if so. As you said, she's too young... and she shouldn't have been tricked into the Caul at so tender an age, either."

Anja wrote:"Smart kid."
The Nephandus commented then he raised an eyebrow.
"Prelatus Gabriel...she was his student? I did not think the Traditions would take in a former member of my Faction."
He said sounding surprised.
He smiled thinly, "Normally no, but strange circumstances happened."

Anja wrote:Kallan just looked at you calmly then he said.
"So Dahl got killed...hum..."
He said nothing more and just looked at you nor did he show any emotion.
S7trif3 wrote:Next up he texted Colin a short message: 'I need a moment to talk with you.'
He arched an eyebrow and picked up the phone, "Ah, excuse me, please..."
He quickly typed a reply, 'Went down to question one the conscious captive in the basement - is it urgent?'
He then turned to Kallan again, "Sorry, my Cabalmate needs a word, but before that... yes, Dahl died, but we did manage to interrogate him in spite of him exploding. You see, one of our guests tonight is Magistrix Mundi Crexia Hermes bani Tytalus ex Tremere. I would guess that as a Fallen Tytalus yourself, you'd be familiar with the name, if not her personally. Now, she's boasted that she can break anyone, and I believe her, and as much as I loathe torture, I do not have the authority to order her not to ply her craft. If you're unwilling to speak... she just might decide to have Kira brought down here for her to work on, in front of you."
He paused for a moment's dramatic effect, "So, perhaps now do you want to tell me those things?"

((OOC: Manipulation+Intimidate seems appropriate for this one: 4,5,7,7,9 - seems just namedropping Crexia is scary. Razz But is it scary enough? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin nodded, "True, but physical power is not the only factor. I'm still a bit older than her, and perhaps a little bit shrewder..."

"Yeah I guess that is true."
Kira said but she still seamed a little doubtful given Nicole's sheer size.

He frowned, "In a manner of speaking... Long, complicated story full of secrets, I'm afraid... but it's important to me that we help him thrive."

Richard gave a sigh at that.
"I will do what i can but I am not that used to handling vampires so I am not really sure how to treat him."
The Akashic replied.

He shook his head, "I'm sorry I scared you. Jace is not coming back to get you, I promise."

"O...ok Sir."
Cecilia said and she seamed to calm down a little but she eas still scratching at her back nervously.

[Basement]

He grinned, "Oh, just a time traveler from the future. You would probably not believe it anyway..."

"I live in a Chantry Mr Wainwright, I practice magick, a visitor from the future is not that strange a thing to believe."
Marian said with a raised eyebrow.

He smiled wryly, "I'd not expect her to bring a zombie army at all - those are so gauche. Though I suppose I could see her bringing about an enslaved vampire or three."

"That would be even worse."
The Euthanathos said with a sigh.
"But yes I get it she is an impressive lady."

He shrugged, "Whether or not she'll be kept alive after... that is not my decision to make. She might choose to live on... I'll see what I can do to make her life a little better, if so. As you said, she's too young... and she shouldn't have been tricked into the Caul at so tender an age, either."

"How could you possibly make her life any better after...No I can not imagine that Kira would like to live on without her magick. As for the Caul, I am not criticizing your path of enlightenment, so just you lay of ours."
The Nephandus replied sourly.

He smiled thinly, "Normally no, but strange circumstances happened."

"I see, that is unusual, well good for the kid I guess she get to remain intact, I hope?"
The prisoner asked and he looked up at you.

He arched an eyebrow and picked up the phone, "Ah, excuse me, please..."
He quickly typed a reply, 'Went down to question one the conscious captive in the basement - is it urgent?'
He then turned to Kallan again, "Sorry, my Cabalmate needs a word, but before that...

"I see...no problem."
Kallan replied with a shrug.

yes, Dahl died, but we did manage to interrogate him in spite of him exploding. You see, one of our guests tonight is Magistrix Mundi Crexia Hermes bani Tytalus ex Tremere. I would guess that as a Fallen Tytalus yourself, you'd be familiar with the name, if not her personally. Now, she's boasted that she can break anyone, and I believe her, and as much as I loathe torture, I do not have the authority to order her not to ply her craft. If you're unwilling to speak... she just might decide to have Kira brought down here for her to work on, in front of you."
He paused for a moment's dramatic effect, "So, perhaps now do you want to tell me those things?"

The Nephandus turned pale at the mention of Crexia's name and even paler as you went on which was quite a feat since he already had a rather unhealthy complexion, especially the threat to have Kira tortured in front of him seamed to affect Kallan and he closed his eyes and leaned his head against the shelf he was bound to. After a while he opened his eyes again and looked up at you.
"I know how Lady Crexia is."
He said softly.
"And i would very much not want to be tortured by her, and I certainly would not want Kira to be. I have no doubt that she can break me the question is more how long that will take and how much there will be left of me to answer questions by the time that she do. Here is the thing Traditionalist, I to know what the Traditions do to captured Fallen. Now we all knew the risks when we went on this mission, but if I betray that, betray our cause then the loss of my Avatar will have no meaning and that is far more painful than anything your torturer can inflict, so no I will not answer your questions and I will fight with all the strength that comes with fighting for my soul's death to have any meaning to make sure that by the time I am broken I will be to well...broken to give any useful information or at the very least that it will take so long that it will not matter."
Kallan had a strong determination in his voice even if he was clearly terrified.

(OOC: Oh he is scared alright but he have a good reason not to talk.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:22 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Anja wrote:Richard gave a sigh at that.
"I will do what i can but I am not that used to handling vampires so I am not really sure how to treat him."
The Akashic replied.
Colin smiled thinly, "He's a kid who's been badly abused and kept as a slave. Start with that acknowledgement, and I'm sure you'll figure it out."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I live in a Chantry Mr Wainwright, I practice magick, a visitor from the future is not that strange a thing to believe."
Marian said with a raised eyebrow.
He grinned even more broadly, "Fair point. It was Anna, taking a brief leave of absence from her position of Defense against the Dark Arts at Mus."

Anja wrote:"How could you possibly make her life any better after...No I can not imagine that Kira would like to live on without her magick. As for the Caul, I am not criticizing your path of enlightenment, so just you lay of ours."
The Nephandus replied sourly.
He leaned against the wall, "I believe it is possible to... give her a new Avatar, after the current is lost. There are a lot of factors involved, but... I believe the Traditions have the exactly right people to accomplish such a miracle. As for your path of enlightenment, I'm not criticizing it, per se, just that Kira was not old enough to make the fully informed choice."

Anja wrote:"I see, that is unusual, well good for the kid I guess she get to remain intact, I hope?"
The prisoner asked and he looked up at you.
He nodded, "She will... and I have faith she'll do accomplish great things, such as reverting her Avatar's state."

Anja wrote:The Nephandus turned pale at the mention of Crexia's name and even paler as you went on which was quite a feat since he already had a rather unhealthy complexion, especially the threat to have Kira tortured in front of him seamed to affect Kallan and he closed his eyes and leaned his head against the shelf he was bound to. After a while he opened his eyes again and looked up at you.
"I know how Lady Crexia is."
He said softly.
"And i would very much not want to be tortured by her, and I certainly would not want Kira to be. I have no doubt that she can break me the question is more how long that will take and how much there will be left of me to answer questions by the time that she do. Here is the thing Traditionalist, I to know what the Traditions do to captured Fallen. Now we all knew the risks when we went on this mission, but if I betray that, betray our cause then the loss of my Avatar will have no meaning and that is far more painful than anything your torturer can inflict, so no I will not answer your questions and I will fight with all the strength that comes with fighting for my soul's death to have any meaning to make sure that by the time I am broken I will be to well...broken to give any useful information or at the very least that it will take so long that it will not matter."
Kallan had a strong determination in his voice even if he was clearly terrified.
He shook his head, "I didn't say she would torture you... I'm worried she'd torture Kira to break you. How long do you think you could stand to watch? To hear her?"
He frowned, "Besides, I have other methods available to me, if I were so inclined. Perhaps you saw the state Illidari was in? That was my doing, I'm afraid - a special weapon that apparently puts the mind of a Fallen Mage back in the Caul; most unpleasant, or so I'm given to understand. Or, failing that, we have people who can rummage around your mind and take it apart for information; that's not necessarily pleasant, either. And besides that... Ask your Avatar what it sees when it looks at mine. Go on, I know you can still communicate with it, even if the serum muffles it; I've been on the stuff, myself. You won't be able to channel magic, and you might be forced to linger as a wraith after your death, but you can still speak with it."
He paused, "And come to think of it, I just might know how to break your fetters if you do come back as a wraith, too. Perhaps that would be worth the truth? A promise that you will be helped to pass over if you should be held back?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin smiled thinly, "He's a kid who's been badly abused and kept as a slave. Start with that acknowledgement, and I'm sure you'll figure it out."

Richard gave a sigh then he nodded.
"I will try Colin, I will try, but it is hard to see past what he is."
The Akashic replied.
"But I will try."

[Basement]

He grinned even more broadly, "Fair point. It was Anna, taking a brief leave of absence from her position of Defense against the Dark Arts at Mus."

"Really, we take Mus back and Anna will be working as the Defense against...."
Marian begun then the burst out laughing.
"That fit her, that really fit her."

He leaned against the wall, "I believe it is possible to... give her a new Avatar, after the current is lost. There are a lot of factors involved, but... I believe the Traditions have the exactly right people to accomplish such a miracle. As for your path of enlightenment, I'm not criticizing it, per se, just that Kira was not old enough to make the fully informed choice."

"I have never heard of such a thing being possible but if it is I would be grateful, if she could be given her magick back."
The Nephandus said he looked rather skeptical.
"Just do not promise her things you can not keep and give her false hope."
He said with a sigh.
"She do not deserve that, as for how young she was, well your apprentices is often not old enough to make an informed choice to join the Ascension war either."
Kallan retorted.

He nodded, "She will... and I have faith she'll do accomplish great things, such as reverting her Avatar's state."

"I guess anything is possible."
The Nephandus replied and he raised an eyebrow.

He shook his head, "I didn't say she would torture you... I'm worried she'd torture Kira to break you. How long do you think you could stand to watch? To hear her?"

"I...I..."
Kallan begun but he did not finish what he was about to say he looked away bitterly.
"Please don't hurt her."

He frowned, "Besides, I have other methods available to me, if I were so inclined. Perhaps you saw the state Illidari was in? That was my doing, I'm afraid - a special weapon that apparently puts the mind of a Fallen Mage back in the Caul; most unpleasant, or so I'm given to understand.

"That is terrifying and horrible but would accomplish my goal of not speaking pretty well as I doubt I would be in any state to do so if you did that to me."
The Nephandus replied calmly.

Or, failing that, we have people who can rummage around your mind and take it apart for information; that's not necessarily pleasant, either. And besides that... Ask your Avatar what it sees when it looks at mine. Go on, I know you can still communicate with it, even if the serum muffles it; I've been on the stuff, myself. You won't be able to channel magic, and you might be forced to linger as a wraith after your death, but you can still speak with it."

"Yes for Nephandi have never encountered mind readers before so we take no precautions against that what so ever. Sure your mind reader might be able to do it, but again it is a matter of accurate information and time is it not."
The Nephandus said and then he sigh.
"Well I guess I do not need to be rude, just give it your best shot Traditionalist I will not be betraying all I have fraught for, all my Avatar will die for. And yes I can feel that my Avatar is afraid of you, and if I had been facing execution perhaps that would scare me, but as it is my Avatar will already be destroyed so you do not have much of a threat there, what is it that you got though? A shard cluster? I do not think I have ever seen one in real life."

He paused, "And come to think of it, I just might know how to break your fetters if you do come back as a wraith, too. Perhaps that would be worth the truth? A promise that you will be helped to pass over if you should be held back?"

"You are not hearing me Traditionalist, I need my Avatar's death to be for something, it will loose all meaning if I betray the Nephandi so while I do not want to be a wraith, it is not worth that."
Kallan said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:59 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin's Post:

The Etherite gave a sigh. 'Remember Scooby-Doo? "I'd have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids"? Nevermind. Had to explain the joke, so it was a fail.' ending with a shrug.

Colin's Post:

'It was an example, not a plan.' Nicole complained, giving Colin a "you just try that" look as she left the room.

[Best that she didn't hear the next bit; she's already cynical and suspicious enough as it is...]

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Er... yeah.' staring at the apparently jury-rigged creature for a moment, then gave a shudder and began to quickly check the bodies.

[Yet Colin is now getting to see why. And might work out that he can't really do anything about it...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 am

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

The Etherite gave a sigh. 'Remember Scooby-Doo? "I'd have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids"? Nevermind. Had to explain the joke, so it was a fail.' ending with a shrug.

"I prefer my animated stuff to have purple hair and huge eyes."
Kira said clearly still not getting it.

[Chantry Second Floor]

Er... yeah.' staring at the apparently jury-rigged creature for a moment, then gave a shudder and began to quickly check the bodies.

One of the men was short, lump and very pale, he had short, thin blond hair and was wearing jeans and a blue sweater. On him you found a gun, two spare clips, a phone, a walled, a knife and a pack of gum. The second man was taller though still lumpy, he had dark brown skin and very short black, turning gray hair. He was wearing a pair of gray pants, a white shirt and gray jacket. You found a gun, a phone, one clip of ammo, a metal garroting line and a wallet, none of them had anything that would blow up on them it seamed.

Jon was checking the strange creature grunting in disgust.
"There is nothing here this thing have nothing, are you finding anything Nick?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:25 am

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, two cells.' Nicole replied, giving a little grunt as she righted herself, pocketing said items. 'See if we can't get a trace on them? Now to do a sweep of this floor. Patrol the hallways and call out any dots which need investigating?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:35 am

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Yeah, two cells.' Nicole replied, giving a little grunt as she righted herself, pocketing said items. 'See if we can't get a trace on them? Now to do a sweep of this floor. Patrol the hallways and call out any dots which need investigating?'

"Hand them to me and I will do a trace on the phones."
Jon said then he nodded.
"Yeah might as well start at the end of the floor and then go through all the rooms looking for dots."
The Virtual Adept said as he got up, wiped his hands and fished his phone out again.
"I assume it is safe to get rid of these bodies now then Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry asked.
"For if so I intend to burn them before someone trace them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:39 am

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

Giving a nod, Nicole handed over the two cells to Jon.

Anja's Post:

'Wait... let me remove the weapons and wallets. Might be able to do a trace on the cards.' Nicole replied, moving back to quickly do the deed so the bodies could be disposed of.

[Nicole likes Adepts doing traces on things... *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:47 am

[Chantry Second Floor]

Giving a nod, Nicole handed over the two cells to Jon.

Jon took the phones and then dived back into his own tapping eagerly away.
"Ok it can take a bit of time but it seams these phones have been here...here and here quite a bit."
He said and showed you a map with three places in Mattapan marked of with big green dots, Jon liked dots.

'Wait... let me remove the weapons and wallets. Might be able to do a trace on the cards.' Nicole replied, moving back to quickly do the deed so the bodies could be disposed of.

Jeffry nodded at that. Once you had removed the things mentioned he begun to cast a spell, chanting in Latin and quickly moving his hands and then gestured for everyone to move back before he let loose his spell. White hot flames turned the bodies to ash in seconds while some sort of barrier kept the heat from damaging the floors, roof, walls and squishy, squishy mages. It was a quite complicated effect, and then there was just some pale, white ash left of the two gunmen and the hulking monster.
"Ehm want me to see what I can get out whatever credit cards and such those guys might have had on them?"
Jon offered.

(OOC: Well the Adepts like to do things on their computers.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:38 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:The Nephandus chuckle at that.
"Hum...let me think, portals probably, so someone try to punch you but they punch themselves instead, falling back into a portal, that lead to another portal so they fall through and eternity of portals before they land, being crused in the process, teleporting their own bullets to hit their allies, even taking one shot fired but having it hit several enemies at once. Having portals chase around your enemies, you open a portal to outer space, make a big, red glowing portal and then have it run after your enemies, floating after them gaining on them no matter how fast they run."
The Kallan replied.
"What about you kid?"

"Now that's thinking with portals." Serge said with a chuckle. " As for me, I want blades on my shoes to breakdance my enemies to death. I'll just be a human beyblade helicoptering slice kicking my enemies with a flurry of bladed feet."

Anja wrote:"Well being able to tie someone up is useful kid...both your enemies and...well let us just say it is a hit at orgies."
Ryan said without a hint of shame. Kallan chuckle again.
"Let me guess, Cultists?"
He asked sounding amused.

"Whaaaat? Nooooooo. Of course not. After all....have you ever seen a sober cultist?" Serge said with a grin.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:17 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Nicole wrote:The Etherite gave a sigh. 'Remember Scooby-Doo? "I'd have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids"? Nevermind. Had to explain the joke, so it was a fail.' ending with a shrug.
Anja wrote:"I prefer my animated stuff to have purple hair and huge eyes."
Kira said clearly still not getting it.
Colin nodded, "It seems the quips failed all around..."

Nicole wrote:'It was an example, not a plan.' Nicole complained, giving Colin a "you just try that" look as she left the room.
He held Nicole's gaze as she left, a somewhat sour expression on his face.

Anja wrote:Richard gave a sigh then he nodded.
"I will try Colin, I will try, but it is hard to see past what he is."
The Akashic replied.
"But I will try."
He smiled, "Thank you. I'm sure it will come easier once you get to speak with him a few times. For now, he needs rest and a sense of safety..."

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Really, we take Mus back and Anna will be working as the Defense against...."
Marian begun then the burst out laughing.
"That fit her, that really fit her."
He grinned, "Quite so. Welcome to Defense against the Dark Arts. Lesson one, proper kicking technique. Lesson two will be aiming for the soft and sensitive spots. Lesson three will be targeting joints to make the soft and sensitive spots easier to hit... We should have Mus back under our control within, oh, seven years, tops, I believe."

Anja wrote:"I have never heard of such a thing being possible but if it is I would be grateful, if she could be given her magick back."
The Nephandus said he looked rather skeptical.
"Just do not promise her things you can not keep and give her false hope."
He said with a sigh.
"She do not deserve that, as for how young she was, well your apprentices is often not old enough to make an informed choice to join the Ascension war either."
Kallan retorted.
He nodded, "I do not deal in false hopes. Long shots, yes, but I don't present a long shot as a sure thing. And true, our apprentices aren't given an informed choice to join, as such, but we don't trick them into something that fundamentally changes their Avatars. I mean, obviously, you manage well enough to recruit our members as adults, so surely you could manage to persuade your own un-fallen apprentices once they'd grown up, too, instead of tricking them in as toddlers."
He frowned, "Your side is skilled at honeypot techniques, I will grant you that. I don't approve, but I can't dismiss how capable you are."

Anja wrote:"I...I..."
Kallan begun but he did not finish what he was about to say he looked away bitterly.
"Please don't hurt her."
He shook his head, "I won't, but I can't overrule my Security Chief or Lady Crexia if they decide to. I can only try to pick up the pieces afterward..."

Anja wrote:"That is terrifying and horrible but would accomplish my goal of not speaking pretty well as I doubt I would be in any state to do so if you did that to me."
The Nephandus replied calmly.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, Dahl was certainly in shape to make several unkind suggestions to me after I brought him out of that state again. But, since I'm no fan of torture, I've no real desire to do so. But if I deem it absolutely necessary to make a point, I will..."

Anja wrote:"Yes for Nephandi have never encountered mind readers before so we take no precautions against that what so ever. Sure your mind reader might be able to do it, but again it is a matter of accurate information and time is it not."
The Nephandus said and then he sigh.
"Well I guess I do not need to be rude, just give it your best shot Traditionalist I will not be betraying all I have fraught for, all my Avatar will die for. And yes I can feel that my Avatar is afraid of you, and if I had been facing execution perhaps that would scare me, but as it is my Avatar will already be destroyed so you do not have much of a threat there, what is it that you got though? A shard cluster? I do not think I have ever seen one in real life."
He smiled thinly, "Yes, she is a shard cluster, and a remarkable one at that. And the thing about my Avatar is... I will be there when the end comes, and at that point, she will devour the pieces of your Avatar; little fragments that will remain alive, and strengthen me. So a bit of your Avatar will remain forever, untouchable and indestructible, and I will make damn sure to do everything in my modest power to unwring it."

Anja wrote:"You are not hearing me Traditionalist, I need my Avatar's death to be for something, it will loose all meaning if I betray the Nephandi so while I do not want to be a wraith, it is not worth that."
Kallan said sadly.
He smiled darkly, "I hear you. But the nature of my Avatar, and my knowledge of what the serum does, means that if you decide not to cooperate, chances are good that not only will a part of your Avatar go on forever as part of mine, but I will be in a position to make sure your wraith remains locked in an unending existence, as well. Or I can stay away, and later make sure that you are sent safely on your way to whatever afterlife might be waiting for you... That's the deal I can presently offer - tell us what we need to know, and I can keep Kira safe from Lady Crexia, and make sure that neither you nor your Avatar remain stuck in this world forever... Your Avatar, while gilguled, won't die, just be reduced to the equivalent of a vegetative state, with little ability to sense things, and less ability to communicate..."

((OOC: There's always something Colin can do about it. It's just that the others in the Chantry might object to him inviting Wrinkle over for tea and a friendly chat with Nicole about the seriousness of temporal paradoxes... and Colin has a LOT of influence on Nicole's career right now, which of course Nicole doesn't have the faintest idea about... nor is she likely to find out in a long time.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:58 pm

[Security Office]

"The serum affect the chance someone turn into a wraith?" Jeffry asked. "It is no way for us to know if this Nephandus have ever been put on it, like I said I will speak with our Euthanatos."

"You didn't know yet?" Then again, Colin probably did not have time to tell him yet. He wrote: 'My amicus has discovered new information about the serum. Not only does it seem to be similar in action as to premium, thereby having a bad effect on mages using it as we already found out, and their avatars, but it also seems to increase the chances of becoming a wraith significantly. It also makes me wonder if Jc worked on or created the serum as well as the disease.'

"Things are never easy."
Your Mentor said with a sigh.

'If we bring her and her familiar here, for the cat is also an important witness, they will also be unsafe here though for different reasons. Then again we do not know that we are the only target of the specters either.'

"Hum...the shuttle at the Umbra port is one option. I rent a storage room on the docks as well but as your voice tend to carry it might not be the best, that or a place in the Umbra might be a good idea."

'Too many things have happened at the umbral port lately. I will ask someone to help me cross through to a place we can protect that is not too far for us.'

"We can always order in and bring the food to Narim's room. We will see."
Jeffry said,

He nodded. Dinner was a far away thing in his mind, what with the fact they could be attacked by angry ghosts.

(Colin)quickly typed a reply, 'Went down to question one the conscious captive in the basement - is it urgent?'

'I will come down to tell you presently. I have a few instructions regarding that from the Chief.' He turned towards the basement stairs and headed that way, not surprised that Colin had already started to try to extract any sort of information he could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm

[Basement Serge]

"Now that's thinking with portals." Serge said with a chuckle. " As for me, I want blades on my shoes to breakdance my enemies to death. I'll just be a human beyblade helicoptering slice kicking my enemies with a flurry of bladed feet."

"Well my are not you a brutal Traditionalist, are you sure you have not chosen the wrong Faction?"
The prisoner asked which earned him a scowl from Ryan.
"It could be done off course but the blades would not be the hard part."
Kallan continued ignoring the scowl.

"Whaaaat? Nooooooo. Of course not. After all....have you ever seen a sober cultist?" Serge said with a grin.

"Most of them sober up quickly when we get our hands on them, or you tell them the orgy has been canceled."
The Nephandus commented which earned him another glare from Ryan.

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin nodded, "It seems the quips failed all around..."

Kira gave you a confused look at that.

He smiled, "Thank you. I'm sure it will come easier once you get to speak with him a few times. For now, he needs rest and a sense of safety..."

"You are probably right Colin, on both counts."
Richard said.
"Well let me know if he needs any of my help and in the meantime I will make that ointment and try to get him some blood."

[Basement Colin]

He grinned, "Quite so. Welcome to Defense against the Dark Arts. Lesson one, proper kicking technique. Lesson two will be aiming for the soft and sensitive spots. Lesson three will be targeting joints to make the soft and sensitive spots easier to hit... We should have Mus back under our control within, oh, seven years, tops, I believe."

"Yeah, I have heard your kid can be quite vicious if her friends are in danger."
Marian said with a chuckle.
"And having Mus back would be good, my Tradition helped to take in the refugees from when it was taken over by the Union I am sure we could get some apprentices out of the whole thing as a thank you once it get started up again."

He nodded, "I do not deal in false hopes. Long shots, yes, but I don't present a long shot as a sure thing. And true, our apprentices aren't given an informed choice to join, as such, but we don't trick them into something that fundamentally changes their Avatars. I mean, obviously, you manage well enough to recruit our members as adults, so surely you could manage to persuade your own un-fallen apprentices once they'd grown up, too, instead of tricking them in as toddlers."

"You can present a long shot to her, I doubt she would want to live if it is nothing more than a vague hope though, I hope she don't, I do not wish that kind of suffering upon her. As for our apprentices, yes perhaps you are right, but before the Fall they would be little more than pawns and be offered no protection in the Labyrinth, so for their safety they must go through it as soon as possible."
Kallan said with a sigh.

He frowned, "Your side is skilled at honeypot techniques, I will grant you that. I don't approve, but I can't dismiss how capable you are."

The Nephandus inclined his head at that accepting your words as a compliment.

He shook his head, "I won't, but I can't overrule my Security Chief or Lady Crexia if they decide to. I can only try to pick up the pieces afterward..."

"I...guess it is a risk of...war..."
The prisoner said sadly and he looked away clearly not liking what he heard.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, Dahl was certainly in shape to make several unkind suggestions to me after I brought him out of that state again. But, since I'm no fan of torture, I've no real desire to do so. But if I deem it absolutely necessary to make a point, I will..."

"Just more threats of pain then, don't worry I am quite scared and I have no doubt the last few days or weeks of my life will be unpleasant."
Kallan said bitterly.
"I expected no less if I was captured."

He smiled thinly, "Yes, she is a shard cluster, and a remarkable one at that. And the thing about my Avatar is... I will be there when the end comes, and at that point, she will devour the pieces of your Avatar; little fragments that will remain alive, and strengthen me. So a bit of your Avatar will remain forever, untouchable and indestructible, and I will make damn sure to do everything in my modest power to unwring it."

"Well that is certainly both unnerving and reassuring at the same time I am not going to betray the Nephandi to prevent it though you can make any threat you want."
The Nephandus said darkly.

He smiled darkly, "I hear you. But the nature of my Avatar, and my knowledge of what the serum does, means that if you decide not to cooperate, chances are good that not only will a part of your Avatar go on forever as part of mine, but I will be in a position to make sure your wraith remains locked in an unending existence, as well. Or I can stay away, and later make sure that you are sent safely on your way to whatever afterlife might be waiting for you... That's the deal I can presently offer - tell us what we need to know, and I can keep Kira safe from Lady Crexia, and make sure that neither you nor your Avatar remain stuck in this world forever... Your Avatar, while gilguled, won't die, just be reduced to the equivalent of a vegetative state, with little ability to sense things, and less ability to communicate..."

"A bit of her would go on, it do however not matter, without an Avatar it is not possible to reach true Entropic Decension so then my life, and the life of my Avatar might as well mean something, there will be no deal Traditionalist, as long as being captured by your side means the death of my soul, that loss have to mean something, it have to be for something, you will get nothing from me, don't waste your breath."
Kallan said with a sigh, he seamed quite determined not to talk though.

Your phone pinged with a message from Freddy which said.
"Colin what is this about the Chantry having been under attack? Why did no one phone me or Fran so we could come back and help, are you okey? What about Anna and my Cabal, are everyone okey. Me and Fran are on our way back now."

[Security Office]

"You didn't know yet?" Then again, Colin probably did not have time to tell him yet. He wrote: 'My amicus has discovered new information about the serum. Not only does it seem to be similar in action as to premium, thereby having a bad effect on mages using it as we already found out, and their avatars, but it also seems to increase the chances of becoming a wraith significantly. It also makes me wonder if Jc worked on or created the serum as well as the disease.'

"I did not know yet no."
Jeffry said as he read the message on the tablet.
"That means we have to be much more restrictive with the use of the serum."
He added.
"And try to double our efforts to find out how that bloody doctor on Horizon managed to discover it."

'If we bring her and her familiar here, for the cat is also an important witness, they will also be unsafe here though for different reasons. Then again we do not know that we are the only target of the specters either.'

"Likely every Chantry will be a target, and the Enforcer and her cat will be allot safer here than if they remain at Riverside at the moment."
The old war mage replied.

'Too many things have happened at the umbral port lately. I will ask someone to help me cross through to a place we can protect that is not too far for us.'

"Very well, that sounds wise."
Your Mentor replied.

'I will come down to tell you presently. I have a few instructions regarding that from the Chief.' He turned towards the basement stairs and headed that way, not surprised that Colin had already started to try to extract any sort of information he could.

You got down the stairs to the basement and found Marian on guard duty the Euthanathos nodded to you.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
He said politely.
"Are you here to see one of the prisoners?"
You could hear Colin's voice from one of the rooms as he was talking with one of the captive Fallen.

(OOC: Sorry for my late rely I was out playing MtG.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Well, we'll have the other cells, the van I asked you to track, the cards... between 'em, might be able to find their base.' Nicole replied, glancing at the map, seeing if any of them marked places she knew off the top of her head.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, though that can wait 'till we've secured the building.' Nicole said, slipping the wallets in her pocket and putting the weapons aside somewhere for now.

[See - 'kissing cousins' at work again! Though there's a chance Nicole might actually ask for some tutoring from Adepts at some point...]

[There's a good chance Nicole wouldn't even understand the conversation with Wrinkle. But the 'he can't really do much about that' was more about her tendency to piss some people off. Well, Colin could actually but chances are it wouldn't end well. Coincidently, didn't he get a bit pally with one of the Kinfolk from the junkyard during the Downtime?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Well, we'll have the other cells, the van I asked you to track, the cards... between 'em, might be able to find their base.' Nicole replied, glancing at the map, seeing if any of them marked places she knew off the top of her head.

One of the places was a Mattapan mall so that might just be where they bought their groceries the other two locations you did not know.
"I will see what I can do."
Jon replied as he tapped at his computer.
"These guys where most likely pawns though, they might have never seen the Labyrinth or anywhere else important but we can hope."

[quote]'Yeah, though that can wait 'till we've secured the building.' Nicole said, slipping the wallets in her pocket and putting the weapons aside somewhere for now.[/quote

"Agreed, we should get on that then...let me see, closest room where someone is inside are the Von Hess apartment."
The Virtual Adept said as he looked down at his phone.
"That might be a place to start, though as it is two sleepers with a little extra I suspect it is Mrs Von Hess and the Mercere girl as I saw Mr Von Hess one the first floor when I rushed up here to help."

(OOC: Colin did find out one of the Kinfolk might be a good candidate to learn magick so he have been working on matching her up with a Mentor. And yes a Virtual Adept might be able to teach a Sons of Ether fairly well at least both are Technomancers.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Well, this is like a big ball of wires... grab an end, give it a pull and see where it takes us.'

Anja's Post:

'Okay.' Nicole replied, starting to move towards the apartment, pistol at the ready. 'Now, how to deal with this?'

[Nicole might have to up her technology skill(s) anyway; if nothing else, to keep her "real job" skills in-date.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 am

[Basement Serge]

Anja wrote:"Well my are not you a brutal Traditionalist, are you sure you have not chosen the wrong Faction?"
The prisoner asked which earned him a scowl from Ryan.
"It could be done off course but the blades would not be the hard part."
Kallan continued ignoring the scowl.

"Brutal? Perhaps. But it'd be cool looking too. I just love the fact I'd be able to say I used my 'Breakdown blade-dance' on someone. Fucking, half the spells I create are because I thought of a cool name for the concept." Serge said, glancing down at his feet, looking as if he was imagining how such a spell would move them. "It could be done if I had any physical ability whatsoever. But eh, imagining it is just as fun."

Anja wrote:"Most of them sober up quickly when we get our hands on them, or you tell them the orgy has been canceled."
The Nephandus commented which earned him another glare from Ryan.

"Hahahaha." Serge said dryly, tightening the last knot he was working on, resisting the urge to pull it tighter in retaliation for the fallen's comment against his tradition.

"Anything else you need? Food, water, novelty pencil?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:13 am

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Well, this is like a big ball of wires... grab an end, give it a pull and see where it takes us.'

"That seam to be so yes."
Jon said.
"And we might as well start puling so we get to the bottom of this as soon as possible before we loose someone or the Nephandi get their way, for if they want something we do not want them to have it."

'Okay.' Nicole replied, starting to move towards the apartment, pistol at the ready. 'Now, how to deal with this?'

"We knock on the door and see if anyone answer?"
The Virtual Adept said.
"I mean most likely there are two scared Chantrymates in there and not enemies let us not scare them more."

[Basement Serge]

"Brutal? Perhaps. But it'd be cool looking too. I just love the fact I'd be able to say I used my 'Breakdown blade-dance' on someone. Fucking, half the spells I create are because I thought of a cool name for the concept." Serge said, glancing down at his feet, looking as if he was imagining how such a spell would move them. "It could be done if I had any physical ability whatsoever. But eh, imagining it is just as fun."

"Oh certainly it would look cool."
The Nephandus said then he grinned a little.
"Well I guess most ill create a spell and then name it but there is nothing wrong with coming up with a good name and then making a spell to match it, whatever make you creative yes?"

"Hahahaha." Serge said dryly, tightening the last knot he was working on, resisting the urge to pull it tighter in retaliation for the fallen's comment against his tradition.

"Well he is half right there is nothing worse than a canceled orgy when everyone get so much out of the groove they just don't want to anymore."
Ryan replied wryly.
"I would rather be drunk if captured by the Nephandi though."
He added which made Kallan chuckle.

"Anything else you need? Food, water, novelty pencil?"

"A bit of water would be nice kid, oh and a novelty pencil though I doubt if I would get to keep that."
The Nephandus said with a chuckle.
"Probably not but we can go and get you some water."
Ryan replied and the Fallen man smiled a little.
"Thank you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next