Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 am

[Third Floor, 11.30]

Anja's Post:

'If they can't do nothing, at least simply telling me where-when the van was spotted would help. I know folks too.'

Steelhaven's Apartment 11.30]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... can't I like eat, shower and s...tuff before going in?' giving a little frown.

Anja's Post:

'Er...' the Etherite replied, clearly rather at sea on trying to deal with all this. Luckily, she was then interrupted by another knock on the door...

Serge's Post:

Colin's Post:

Nicole didn't reply to Serge's question - didn't even look at him - though did stare at Colin for a moment before replying. 'Erm... I'm physically okay, like.' she replied quietly.

Colin's Post:

A sigh, massaging her forehead. 'Okay, you've had best part of like an hour or something to come up with a plan...'

[Interesting that the trainers are employees, not freelancers; though this may be down to Norway having different employment laws than say the UK/USA. Chances are one/two of them would mainly be managerial, another the receptionist and the rest trainers.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Adley Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:21 am

[Steelhaven]

What did you need to talk with me about brother?"

"Thanks..." He offered out the tablet to her. 'When we brought our guest from the college, the flesh golem, I was instructed by our pater to keep him in the basement with his hands bound up. I secured him carefully as he is double jointed and a clone of a devious person. Recently, a kind of locator spell was cast on him and his 'sister.' We interrupted the spell signal trying to find him and destroyed it and the signal never made it out. But he is tired and recovering from pain it caused and needs a bed to rest in. I am asking permission to give him a bed, and the Verbena healer has offered his as it's warmer. He will still be secured and he will need someone to keep a watch over him if he is not there, wherever he is staying.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:33 am

[Third Floor, 11.30]

If they can't do nothing, at least simply telling me where-when the van was spotted would help. I know folks too.'

"Like I said I will ask the man what he can find out."
Your uncle replied.

[Common Room]

Colin nodded, "Hopefully, I can get the item, and return it undamaged and cleaned in short order... Wouldn't do to let him have justification for a worse grudge than necessary."

"Indeed so we would not want him to decide to come after us, but you have to be careful Mr Wainwright this creature is dangerous in the extreme and he can kill you easily if he so desire."
Helena said with a worried frown.

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms]

He nodded, "Good... Good, that takes care of a good deal of my worries. I might not be able to help with your little temporal rescue mission - the Chief might want to send me ahead to confront the Exemplar while your team is more or less sent back twelve years. But at least we seem to be getting loose ends sorted out in relatively short order before hitting the Labyrinth, even if we're all in dire need of more rest."

"Well what needs to be done in the past will not necessary take time at the moment, we can send them back and they will return in just a moment, it depends on how things are done. Also Miss Bouchard will be needing rest in a time bubble do anyone else need this before we get this thing done?"
George asked.

'Erm... can't I like eat, shower and s...tuff before going in?' giving a little frown.

"You can certainly but if the bubble is set to last for let us say eight hours then you might get thirsty and hungry while you are in it Miss Bouchard."
The Primus replied.

A sigh, massaging her forehead. 'Okay, you've had best part of like an hour or something to come up with a plan...'

"That is true and we have a plan but some of it depend on your own input as well Miss Bouchard."
Master Steelhaven replied.

[Steelhaven]

Thanks..." He offered out the tablet to her. 'When we brought our guest from the college, the flesh golem, I was instructed by our pater to keep him in the basement with his hands bound up. I secured him carefully as he is double jointed and a clone of a devious person. Recently, a kind of locator spell was cast on him and his 'sister.' We interrupted the spell signal trying to find him and destroyed it and the signal never made it out. But he is tired and recovering from pain it caused and needs a bed to rest in. I am asking permission to give him a bed, and the Verbena healer has offered his as it's warmer. He will still be secured and he will need someone to keep a watch over him if he is not there, wherever he is staying.'

Helena read what you had written then she nodded and said.
"As long as the prisoner is secured and kept from being able to use his willworking, then if he will be more comfortable in a bed, then I doubt that our Pater would mind if he is moved to one as long as someone keep an eye on him and he remain bound that should be bound, it is late he must be tired and with all that have happened the kid needs rest that is understandable, if Master Nassa offers his own bed then that is fine but tell the Master healer to remove his collection of knives from the prisoner's reach first."
She said before she handed the tablet back to you.

(OOC: Oh yes Javin would love Serge but yeah Demogorgon is probably the most Nephandi Lord like of the demon princes as he just want to destroy, all that to the side though Javin would love the World of Darkness. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:45 am

[Steelhaven]

Helena read what you had written then she nodded and said. "As long as the prisoner is secured and kept from being able to use his willworking, then if he will be more comfortable in a bed, then I doubt that our Pater would mind if he is moved to one as long as someone keep an eye on him and he remain bound that should be bound, it is late he must be tired and with all that have happened the kid needs rest that is understandable, if Master Nassa offers his own bed then that is fine but tell the Master healer to remove his collection of knives from the prisoner's reach first."

"Yes, he did mention to do that as well. Thank you." He seemed a little relieved, and then cleared off the tablet. "Well, then we'll need to re-situate him and find someone to watch. Then back to figuring out the other problem..." He sighed, then gave his sora a tired nod. "Sorry to keep you from your business, if you'll excuse me..." After she dismissed him, he went back to the infirmary again.

[Infirmary]

He looked for Master Nassa and then addressed him, "Sir, if you would like to gather up your collection for safekeeping we've been given permission to move him..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:42 am

[Steelhaven]

"Yes, he did mention to do that as well. Thank you." He seemed a little relieved, and then cleared off the tablet. "Well, then we'll need to re-situate him and find someone to watch. Then back to figuring out the other problem..." He sighed, then gave his sora a tired nod. "Sorry to keep you from your business, if you'll excuse me..." After she dismissed him, he went back to the infirmary again.

"If one can be kind to a prisoner without compromising security one should baby brother and especially one who seam to be fairly innocent."
Helena said then she nodded and sigh.
"It never end do it, but no you did not keep me from my business, the security of this Chantry is my business until our Pater returns and this was a security issue."
The older Flambeau said.
"Very well then, we will talk later brother, be careful."

[Infirmary]

He looked for Master Nassa and then addressed him, "Sir, if you would like to gather up your collection for safekeeping we've been given permission to move him..."

Amadeus nodded at that.
"Give me two minutes then you can bring him down."
The Verbena Master said then unless there was further words to be said he found one of the bed restraint sets and brought them with him to make thing ready, they them placed on the bed and get his large collection of blades out of there.

Thomas looked at you nervously.
"What is happening?"
He asked in a tired tone of voice.

You notice Darrian have left with Cava by this point but Hildegard is still there to keep watch over Thomas, also several badly wounded people have been brought in fulling up beds and cots on the floor, most of them where unconscious or just staring blindly into nothing with clear signs of torture and medical experimentation to their bodies.

Colin you get a text from Richard at this point which say.
"The Hospital team have brought in several of Wallace Jace's victims, please make sure Anna do not go anywhere near the infirmary for a while."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:08 am

[Third Floor. 11.30]

Anja's Post:

'Yes... but if there's no luck, simply telling me where and when Josie saw the van would help. For it's a lead.' Nicole replied, wondering whether her uncle was more drunk than he sounded.

[Steelhaven's Apartment 11.30]

Anja's Post:

'I see...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave an 'and?' look to the room.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:25 am

[Third Floor. 11.30]

'Yes... but if there's no luck, simply telling me where and when Josie saw the van would help. For it's a lead.' Nicole replied, wondering whether her uncle was more drunk than he sounded.

"Like I said I will give you the information I can get you."
Your uncle repeated he did not sound drunk, he was simply confused as all he could promise you was that he would try to get some information, and yes he would talk with Josie and hear with her where she saw the van.

[Steelhaven's Apartment 11.30]

Nicole gave an 'and?' look to the room.

"Is there anything you want to share that we need to know about yourself back in 2003 Miss Bouchard, that is the most important issue."
George replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Indeed so we would not want him to decide to come after us, but you have to be careful Mr Wainwright this creature is dangerous in the extreme and he can kill you easily if he so desire."
Helena said with a worried frown.
Colin sighed, "I'm fairly certain he won't - for a few reasons, including future events - but you can best believe I will be doing what I can to avoid such an outcome."

Nicole wrote:Nicole didn't reply to Serge's question - didn't even look at him - though did stare at Colin for a moment before replying. 'Erm... I'm physically okay, like.' she replied quietly.
He looked at Nicole's face for a moment, then nodded, "Sounds like you could do with a shot... I do have some quite decent gin downstairs, want me to pour you one?"

Anja wrote:"Well what needs to be done in the past will not necessary take time at the moment, we can send them back and they will return in just a moment, it depends on how things are done. Also Miss Bouchard will be needing rest in a time bubble do anyone else need this before we get this thing done?"
George asked.
He nodded, "I rather exhausted myself a little ruining the would-be assassin's day; I'd do well with a bit of rest."

Nicole wrote:A sigh, massaging her forehead. 'Okay, you've had best part of like an hour or something to come up with a plan...'
Anja wrote:"That is true and we have a plan but some of it depend on your own input as well Miss Bouchard."
Master Steelhaven replied.
Nicole wrote:Nicole gave an 'and?' look to the room.
Anja wrote:"Is there anything you want to share that we need to know about yourself back in 2003 Miss Bouchard, that is the most important issue."
George replied.
He nodded, then began, "In the simplest of terms, the Fallen Chronomancer is sending someone back to 2003 to murder you and Adley before you can Awaken and become a threat. The highest-ranking Paradox Spirit of Time came to warn us and asked us to help prevent that, and gave us a grand boon to stave off any Paradox accrued from doing so; most kindly of him. The assassin is going to enjoy a day's worth of cartoonish misfortune, giving us a few opportunities to track him down... The plan is to send Lady Mada and Master Nassa back on a seek and destroy mission, while you and Adley will be sent back in spirit, as it were, to possess your past selves and lead them to shelter, away from the crossfire, until the assassin is dealt with. I'll be aiding the sending from this side, as I was... not in a very good condition at the time. As Master Steelhaven said, we'll need a bit of information on your general state of affairs at the time."

((OOC: Eh, the employees may be freelancers, they may not - don't rightly know nor care. Razz Gyms hold about as much interest to me as the median wage of a coal miner in Burkina Faso. Wink ))

((OOC2: So, buggering off to the Great Old Ones. See y'all from a different location. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:01 pm

[Common Room]

Colin sighed, "I'm fairly certain he won't - for a few reasons, including future events - but you can best believe I will be doing what I can to avoid such an outcome."

"I strongly prefer not to completely reply on future visions Mr Wainwright as there exist a thing called free will."
Helena said.
"But I am sure you will do your best not to irritate the Exemplar to much."
She agreed.

He nodded, "I rather exhausted myself a little ruining the would-be assassin's day; I'd do well with a bit of rest."

George nodded at that.
"Very well, anyone else so I know how much food and water to prepare?"
The Deacon Primus asked.

He nodded, then began, "In the simplest of terms, the Fallen Chronomancer is sending someone back to 2003 to murder you and Adley before you can Awaken and become a threat. The highest-ranking Paradox Spirit of Time came to warn us and asked us to help prevent that, and gave us a grand boon to stave off any Paradox accrued from doing so; most kindly of him. The assassin is going to enjoy a day's worth of cartoonish misfortune, giving us a few opportunities to track him down... The plan is to send Lady Mada and Master Nassa back on a seek and destroy mission, while you and Adley will be sent back in spirit, as it were, to possess your past selves and lead them to shelter, away from the crossfire, until the assassin is dealt with. I'll be aiding the sending from this side, as I was... not in a very good condition at the time. As Master Steelhaven said, we'll need a bit of information on your general state of affairs at the time."

George nodded his agreement to that general summary of the state of things.
"Yes that pretty much covers it Mr Wainwright."
He commented.

(OOC: Safe travels.]
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:26 pm

[Third Floor, 11.30]

Anja's Post:

'Okay, thanks.' Nicole replied. Unless he had anything else to add, she'll end the call.

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 11.30]

Colin's Post:

'Better not... think it would send me to sleep right now...'

Anja's Post:

'Hard to like know until I've heard everything else, sir.' the Etherite replied.

Colin's Post:

'I'm a threat? I'm honoured.' she quipped tiredly, while pulling out her cell. 'First off, how do they know how to even find me in the past? Next; what "shelter" are you thinking of? continuing to fiddle with the device with her free hand.

[I can answer that one, too; nothing. Burkina Faso doesn't have any coal mines.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:37 pm

Anja wrote:Master Steelhaven smiled he went to his kitchen and put to large cinnamon rolls on a plate and filled a glass of lemonade ad returned with the refreshments and handed them to the young Cultist.
"Here you go child."
He said kindly.

Serge munched on them happily as he waited for the others.

Anja wrote:He looked into the teacup, then glanced over at Nicole, replying dryly, "Rough night, yes, but the zombie apocalypse isn't until the summer of 2017..."
He frowned, voice softening a little, "Joking aside, are you alright?"
Nicole wrote:Nicole didn't reply to Serge's question - didn't even look at him - though did stare at Colin for a moment before replying. 'Erm... I'm physically okay, like.' she replied quietly.
Colin wrote:He looked at Nicole's face for a moment, then nodded, "Sounds like you could do with a shot... I do have some quite decent gin downstairs, want me to pour you one?"

Serge looked a little concerned at being ignored, wanting to say something but failing to think of anything to say. Letting his cabal leader speak he said nothing and continued to munch on his snacks, with a little less gusto than usual.

Nicole wrote:'I'm a threat? I'm honoured.' she quipped tiredly, while pulling out her cell. 'First off, how do they know how to even find me in the past? Next; what "shelter" are you thinking of? continuing to fiddle with the device with her free hand.

"There's a million and ways to find someone while scrying into the past and there's a million and one ways to find someone once your in the past. We don't know exactly what method he used but he found a point in time where you and Adley crossed paths and sent someone to that point in time." Serge replied, "The shelter is Steelhaven in the past. Lot's of wards and people there who'd be willing to keep you safe, especially with word from the Primus."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:21 pm

[Third Floor, 11.30]

Okay, thanks.' Nicole replied. Unless he had anything else to add, she'll end the call.

Your uncle did not seam to have much else to add so he said his goodbyes and see you later and then the call ended.

Hard to like know until I've heard everything else, sir.' the Etherite replied.

"Very well let us see if we can get you up to speed then Miss Bouchard."
George replied.

'I'm a threat? I'm honoured.' she quipped tiredly, while pulling out her cell. 'First off, how do they know how to even find me in the past? Next; what "shelter" are you thinking of? continuing to fiddle with the device with her free hand.

"It could be any of a number of methods, with a little maigick finding a person is not a hard task unless they have warded themselves."
The Primus replied.
"We are not completely clear on that but taking your younger selves to Steelhaven is an option."

There's a million and ways to find someone while scrying into the past and there's a million and one ways to find someone once your in the past. We don't know exactly what method he used but he found a point in time where you and Adley crossed paths and sent someone to that point in time." Serge replied,

"Indeed so child, indeed so."
George agreed before sipping his tea again.

The shelter is Steelhaven in the past. Lot's of wards and people there who'd be willing to keep you safe, especially with word from the Primus."

"Indeed so the problem off course being the danger of contaminating your and Mr Roth Hicks time lines, which could be prevented by removing the memory of the event from your minds once all is said and done until such a time that remembering would not alter your pasts."
George replied.
"Perhaps have the two of you remember nothing from the time your future selves takes control and until your your current minds leave your past selves again."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:22 pm

[Steelhaven]

"If one can be kind to a prisoner without compromising security one should baby brother and especially one who seam to be fairly innocent."
Helena said then she nodded and sigh.

"I agree. However, I was given strict instructions, considering his ah...affiliation and other...factors. Best to ask first."

"It never end do it, but no you did not keep me from my business, the security of this Chantry is my business until our Pater returns and this was a security issue."
The older Flambeau said.
"Very well then, we will talk later brother, be careful."

"Missing home already, huh?" He gave her a wry smile. "Stay safe."

[Infirmary]

"Give me two minutes then you can bring him down."
The Verbena Master

"Yes, sir." He gave a look around; it was filling up and by the looks of the people, they were Jace's subjects. His face hardened as he saw how many had been tortured and experimented upon. Bastard. He sighed and then looked towards Thomas as he asked him a question.

Thomas looked at you nervously.
"What is happening?"
He asked in a tired tone of voice.

"We are going to take you to a more comfortable room to bed down for the night. Okay?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:41 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"I strongly prefer not to completely reply on future visions Mr Wainwright as there exist a thing called free will."
Helena said.
"But I am sure you will do your best not to irritate the Exemplar to much."
She agreed.
Colin nodded, "Oh, this is not a question of free will - people will make the decisions they make, based on what information they have at the time. If I foresee someone taking a specific course of action, they will almost certainly do so unless I give them a reason to do otherwise; if they have no reason to do something else, they largely won't, because that's what is the rational call for them to make... Mostly, my forewarnings of things to come are... very much a balancing act between preparing to deal with the situations as they come along, or prevent them altogether - but the latter comes with a greater cost than the former. And I will most certainly do my best."

Nicole wrote:'Better not... think it would send me to sleep right now...'
He nodded, "Good call, then. I can recommend Master Steelhaven's tea, though; great for a small pick-me-up."

Anja wrote:George nodded his agreement to that general summary of the state of things.
"Yes that pretty much covers it Mr Wainwright."
He commented.
Nicole wrote:'I'm a threat? I'm honoured.' she quipped tiredly, while pulling out her cell. 'First off, how do they know how to even find me in the past? Next; what "shelter" are you thinking of? continuing to fiddle with the device with her free hand.
Jeremy wrote:"There's a million and ways to find someone while scrying into the past and there's a million and one ways to find someone once your in the past. We don't know exactly what method he used but he found a point in time where you and Adley crossed paths and sent someone to that point in time." Serge replied, "The shelter is Steelhaven in the past. Lot's of wards and people there who'd be willing to keep you safe, especially with word from the Primus."
Anja wrote:"It could be any of a number of methods, with a little maigick finding a person is not a hard task unless they have warded themselves."
The Primus replied.
"We are not completely clear on that but taking your younger selves to Steelhaven is an option."

"Indeed so child, indeed so."
George agreed before sipping his tea again.

"Indeed so the problem off course being the danger of contaminating your and Mr Roth Hicks time lines, which could be prevented by removing the memory of the event from your minds once all is said and done until such a time that remembering would not alter your pasts."
George replied.
"Perhaps have the two of you remember nothing from the time your future selves takes control and until your your current minds leave your past selves again."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Even if those timelines are contaminated, it will be preferable to having them ended - all the same, best try to avoid leaving lingering memories."

((OOC: Yeah, Burkina Faso was a fairly random example pulled out of where I sit. Razz ))

((OOC2: So, the boat on the way home had hot dogs in the cafeteria. I'm not convinced the antibac bottle on the condiments table was a good idea...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:07 pm

Serge's Post:

'Yet... don't that rely on you knowing enough about your target in the first place to trace?' tone suspicious. 'Also, when is this attempted hit meant to be? Do we have a proper date?'

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'I'd be... 16-17 in '03. So... how do you propose past-me gets to past-here? Hitch-hike? 'Cos if you were looking for past-me to kill, sure as hell wouldn't be in Boston.' she replied with a frown.

Colin's Post:

A moment's hesitation before replying 'In my case... utterly screwed. I was on probation that year; if past-me gets busted for anything I'm then off to the ACI for like five year. Which means not only do we have to make sure past-me isn't iced, but also doesn't fu- screw up in any other way either.'

'Can't we simply ice the one playing time-travelling assassin?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:46 pm

[Steelhaven]

"I agree. However, I was given strict instructions, considering his ah...affiliation and other...factors. Best to ask first."

"Certainly asking was a good idea brother."
Helena replied.
"But I am fairly sure our Pather will agree with my ruling on this."

"Missing home already, huh?" He gave her a wry smile. "Stay safe."

"Oh I will be glad when our Mentor return so I can be free of the responsibility until I return home baby brother."
Your sister said with a slightly wry smile back.
"I will try to do so."
She added before she hurried on her way.

[Infirmary]

"Yes, sir." He gave a look around; it was filling up and by the looks of the people, they were Jace's subjects. His face hardened as he saw how many had been tortured and experimented upon. Bastard. He sighed and then looked towards Thomas as he asked him a question.

Amadeus nodded then he headed out, stopping just to let Richard know he would be giving him a hand with the wounded as soon as he was able then he headed to his apartment to move is ample knife collection.
"What have happened to them all?"
Thomas asked as he glanced around at the wounded.

"We are going to take you to a more comfortable room to bed down for the night. Okay?"

"O...ok..."
Thomas muttered then he sigh.
"So I will not be released today?"

[Common Room]

Colin nodded, "Oh, this is not a question of free will - people will make the decisions they make, based on what information they have at the time. If I foresee someone taking a specific course of action, they will almost certainly do so unless I give them a reason to do otherwise; if they have no reason to do something else, they largely won't, because that's what is the rational call for them to make... Mostly, my forewarnings of things to come are... very much a balancing act between preparing to deal with the situations as they come along, or prevent them altogether - but the latter comes with a greater cost than the former. And I will most certainly do my best."

"That is true enough but if you annoy this Exemplar in ways you did not in the vision you had Mr Wainwright that might end up with a far more dangerous outcome."
Helena replied with a frown.

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms 11:30]

He nodded thoughtfully, "Even if those timelines are contaminated, it will be preferable to having them ended - all the same, best try to avoid leaving lingering memories."

"Agreed, a contaminated timeline would be better than a ended one, and less dangerous to the flow of time itself as well, but we must try to do as little damage to the timeline as we can Mr Wainwright and making sure Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard do not remember this incident until after they have Awakened might be a step in that direction."
George commented.

Yet... don't that rely on you knowing enough about your target in the first place to trace?' tone suspicious. 'Also, when is this attempted hit meant to be? Do we have a proper date?'

"There is allot of information out there, and allot of things can be used to find you, a drop of your blood, a stand of your hair, a childhood drawing discarded and found, your name, it really is not to difficult."
The Deacon Primus replied.
"Ah yes the date, let med see."
He said and he went through some notes to find it."

'I'd be... 16-17 in '03. So... how do you propose past-me gets to past-here? Hitch-hike? 'Cos if you were looking for past-me to kill, sure as hell wouldn't be in Boston.' she replied with a frown.

"That is why we will also be sending Mara and Amadeus, they will be able to get you safely to Steelhaven."
George replied.

A moment's hesitation before replying 'In my case... utterly screwed. I was on probation that year; if past-me gets busted for anything I'm then off to the ACI for like five year. Which means not only do we have to make sure past-me isn't iced, but also doesn't fu- screw up in any other way either.'

"Ah I am pretty sure the assassin will be using bullets and not frost magick Miss Bouchard."
The Deacon Primus replied looking a bit confused.
"But your troubles with the law do add a layer of complication we are going to have to be very careful with this."

Can't we simply ice the one playing time-travelling assassin?'

"Again with the ice magick well I am pretty sure Mara can accomplish that, we have found a location we know the man will most likely be at and a hospital he will be taken to later so yes we hope that if all go well we can take out this assassin, never having to involve your past selves at all, but we have to be ready in case things do not go well."
George replied.

(OOC: Can someone remember the exact date and place? if not I will dig it out of the past thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:53 pm

Nicole wrote:'Yet... don't that rely on you knowing enough about your target in the first place to trace?' tone suspicious. 'Also, when is this attempted hit meant to be? Do we have a proper date?'
Anja wrote:"There is allot of information out there, and allot of things can be used to find you, a drop of your blood, a stand of your hair, a childhood drawing discarded and found, your name, it really is not to difficult."

"Knowing is a pretty vague term. I could find you anywhere on Earth simply by knowing what you look like. It isn't always the classic blood or bodily fluids that are needed to track you. And with enough time and power even the smallest piece of information is enough to trace you. " Serge said with a shrug. "The newspaper article with your deaths seem to imply that it was the night before your bodies were found."

Nicole wrote:'I'd be... 16-17 in '03. So... how do you propose past-me gets to past-here? Hitch-hike? 'Cos if you were looking for past-me to kill, sure as hell wouldn't be in Boston.' she replied with a frown.

"Teleport probably. You and Adley together if its that large of a distance." Serge mused.

Anja wrote:"Ah I am pretty sure the assassin will be using bullets and not frost magick Miss Bouchard."
"But your troubles with the law do add a layer of complication we are going to have to be very careful with this.

"'To ice someone' is another way of saying 'to kill someone' sir." Serge said with a smirk, wondering how the Primus would deal with modern youth slang.

Nicole wrote:A moment's hesitation before replying 'In my case... utterly screwed. I was on probation that year; if past-me gets busted for anything I'm then off to the ACI for like five year. Which means not only do we have to make sure past-me isn't iced, but also doesn't fu- screw up in any other way either.'

Anja wrote:"Again with the ice magick well I am pretty sure Mara can accomplish that, we have found a location we know the man will most likely be at and a hospital he will be taken to later so yes we hope that if all go well we can take out this assassin, never having to involve your past selves at all, but we have to be ready in case things do not go well."
George replied.

"Icing him is what we're planning on doing. We know where he's going to be." the cultist explained. "We have two plans I believe. Kill the time assassin on the way to murder. If that fails then we'll take you guys to the chantry and use decoys to lure him in. Either killing him when he goes for the decoys or letting him kill the decoys and make him falsely believe he succeeded in his mission."

(OOC: I'm not sure if we were ever given a proper date. I could be wrong about that though.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:24 pm

"Knowing is a pretty vague term. I could find you anywhere on Earth simply by knowing what you look like. It isn't always the classic blood or bodily fluids that are needed to track you. And with enough time and power even the smallest piece of information is enough to trace you. " Serge said with a shrug. "The newspaper article with your deaths seem to imply that it was the night before your bodies were found."

George nodded his approval to this.
"Certainly different Paradigms will require differed arcane connections but even a minute about of information can by the right person be turned into a tool for tracking a person down though magick."

"Teleport probably. You and Adley together if its that large of a distance." Serge mused.

"Either that or bringing them through the Umbra."
The Primus replied.
"Those are the most likely options at least though mundane transportation remains a possibility."

"'To ice someone' is another way of saying 'to kill someone' sir." Serge said with a smirk, wondering how the Primus would deal with modern youth slang.

"Ah...I see, how...peculiar."
George said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Well I am an old man you will have to excuse my ignorance of modern...additions to English."
He added wryly.

"Icing him is what we're planning on doing. We know where he's going to be." the cultist explained. "We have two plans I believe. Kill the time assassin on the way to murder. If that fails then we'll take you guys to the chantry and use decoys to lure him in. Either killing him when he goes for the decoys or letting him kill the decoys and make him falsely believe he succeeded in his mission."

"Indeed so Mr Yager, in fact Mara is away talking with some of her contact about the creation of those decoys as we speak."
The elderly Guernicus replied with a nod.
"Though hopefully we can deal with the assassin before such a ploy become needed."

(OOC: We had a time and date I just can not remember it but it is in the thread and it is in my notes so I will go through and find it if no one else remembers for I was just being a bit lazy and thought I would ask first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:25 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'What, end up with a big gap of memory instead?' Nicole replied. 'Wait... has this like already happened? Am I gonna find out why I woke up in that playhouse wearing somebody else's panties and holding a wheel of cheese?'

'But... this smells completely wrong, like. Why the hell would the past-me in in the same location as him?' the last word distinctly icy.

Anja's Post:

'But... don't that depend on working out exactly where we'll be before we're there, then making sure them two are there too?'

Serge's Post:

'I wonder who I pissed off that much to get a T-X sent back to kill me.' Nicole mused for a moment. 'Thing is, if they take out the decoys and comes back to "the present" - whenever that is - they'll know they've failed and simply make another attempt at another time.'

[6PM, Thursday March 20th 2003. Kennedy Plaza, Providence.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 pm

[Infirmary]

"What have happened to them all?"
Thomas asked as he glanced around at the wounded.

He frowned down at Thomas. "...he experimented on them. I'm not sure what he did exactly. He is a menace...I'd rather not talk about it in front of them while they're being treated though, they've been through enough trauma."

"O...ok..."
Thomas muttered then he sigh.
"So I will not be released today?"

"Unfortunately not, not until we take care of him and we're not there yet. We're trying, though...I wish I could say that we could. It's going to be a long day again."

// someone is going to eat that hand sanitizer. Guaranteed

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:01 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"That is true enough but if you annoy this Exemplar in ways you did not in the vision you had Mr Wainwright that might end up with a far more dangerous outcome."
Helena replied with a frown.
Colin grimaced, "Which is precisely why I was waiting for the gas. I trust it to knock the man out for a while - hopefully, long enough to get the piece of jewelry, crack open the Labyrinth and purge it from the piece, and clean it up properly in my shop to return it right before he comes to... in case I can't persuade him by more diplomatic means. I may put a fair bit of faith in the futures I've seen, but I still bring contingency plans, just in case. The more, the better."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, a contaminated timeline would be better than a ended one, and less dangerous to the flow of time itself as well, but we must try to do as little damage to the timeline as we can Mr Wainwright and making sure Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard do not remember this incident until after they have Awakened might be a step in that direction."
George commented.
Nicole wrote:'What, end up with a big gap of memory instead?' Nicole replied. 'Wait... has this like already happened? Am I gonna find out why I woke up in that playhouse wearing somebody else's panties and holding a wheel of cheese?'

'But... this smells completely wrong, like. Why the hell would the past-me in in the same location as him?' the last word distinctly icy.
He paused for a moment, "Yes, it has already happened, but it hasn't already happened yet, if you get my meaning. As for why you would be in the same location on the twentieth of March, 2003 - I don't know for certain. I am not inclined to believe it was a shared class or anything of the sort, but we are speaking of geographical proximity on the day in question. Perhaps attending the same hockey game, or just happening to be shopping at the same mall... I believe you were both in Providence that day? Was it Kennedy Plaza?"

Nicole wrote:'Yet... don't that rely on you knowing enough about your target in the first place to trace?' tone suspicious. 'Also, when is this attempted hit meant to be? Do we have a proper date?'
Anja wrote:"There is allot of information out there, and allot of things can be used to find you, a drop of your blood, a stand of your hair, a childhood drawing discarded and found, your name, it really is not to difficult."
Jeremy wrote:"Knowing is a pretty vague term. I could find you anywhere on Earth simply by knowing what you look like. It isn't always the classic blood or bodily fluids that are needed to track you. And with enough time and power even the smallest piece of information is enough to trace you. " Serge said with a shrug. "The newspaper article with your deaths seem to imply that it was the night before your bodies were found."
Anja wrote:George nodded his approval to this.
"Certainly different Paradigms will require differed arcane connections but even a minute about of information can by the right person be turned into a tool for tracking a person down though magick."
He nodded, "And with the Chronomancer in question, who likely has... numerous sources and witnesses that would know of you and your involvement in the previous Labyrinth, and the junkyard mop-up, perhaps, the question of 'how he knows' is largely moot."

Nicole wrote:'I'd be... 16-17 in '03. So... how do you propose past-me gets to past-here? Hitch-hike? 'Cos if you were looking for past-me to kill, sure as hell wouldn't be in Boston.' she replied with a frown.
Anja wrote:"That is why we will also be sending Mara and Amadeus, they will be able to get you safely to Steelhaven."
George replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Teleport probably. You and Adley together if its that large of a distance." Serge mused.
Anja wrote:"Either that or bringing them through the Umbra."
The Primus replied.
"Those are the most likely options at least though mundane transportation remains a possibility."
Nicole wrote:'But... don't that depend on working out exactly where we'll be before we're there, then making sure them two are there too?'
He nodded, "Which is why - figuratively - picking your brain for your whereabouts on the day in question is going to be an important asset before we send people back."

Nicole wrote:A moment's hesitation before replying 'In my case... utterly screwed. I was on probation that year; if past-me gets busted for anything I'm then off to the ACI for like five year. Which means not only do we have to make sure past-me isn't iced, but also doesn't fu- screw up in any other way either.'

Anja wrote:"Ah I am pretty sure the assassin will be using bullets and not frost magick Miss Bouchard."
"But your troubles with the law do add a layer of complication we are going to have to be very careful with this."
Jeremy wrote:"'To ice someone' is another way of saying 'to kill someone' sir." Serge said with a smirk, wondering how the Primus would deal with modern youth slang.
Anja wrote:"Ah...I see, how...peculiar."
George said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Well I am an old man you will have to excuse my ignorance of modern...additions to English."
He added wryly.
He nodded to Serge, "What my young and enthusiastic Cabalmate said, I believe the term refers to the cold storage in mortuaries... You were on probation all year? Whatever mischief did you get up to?"

Anja wrote:"Again with the ice magick well I am pretty sure Mara can accomplish that, we have found a location we know the man will most likely be at and a hospital he will be taken to later so yes we hope that if all go well we can take out this assassin, never having to involve your past selves at all, but we have to be ready in case things do not go well."
George replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Icing him is what we're planning on doing. We know where he's going to be." the cultist explained. "We have two plans I believe. Kill the time assassin on the way to murder. If that fails then we'll take you guys to the chantry and use decoys to lure him in. Either killing him when he goes for the decoys or letting him kill the decoys and make him falsely believe he succeeded in his mission."
Anja wrote:"Indeed so Mr Yager, in fact Mara is away talking with some of her contact about the creation of those decoys as we speak."
The elderly Guernicus replied with a nod.
"Though hopefully we can deal with the assassin before such a ploy become needed."
Nicole wrote:'I wonder who I pissed off that much to get a T-X sent back to kill me.' Nicole mused for a moment. 'Thing is, if they take out the decoys and comes back to "the present" - whenever that is - they'll know they've failed and simply make another attempt at another time.'
He smiled wryly, "Not quite a Terminator, the chap seems resilient in the face of a vehicular impact and falling into an open manhole before getting hospitalised, but not to the point where he'd be suspected of being augmented... but he will most likely not have a second chance after his return to the present; Paradox is a very nasty thing, and Old Man Wrinkle is watching the Chronomancer very, very closely. Very, very closely indeed..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:15 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]

Nicole wrote:'But... this smells completely wrong, like. Why the hell would the past-me in in the same location as him?' the last word distinctly icy.
Colin wrote:He paused for a moment, "Yes, it has already happened, but it hasn't already happened yet, if you get my meaning. As for why you would be in the same location on the twentieth of March, 2003 - I don't know for certain. I am not inclined to believe it was a shared class or anything of the sort, but we are speaking of geographical proximity on the day in question. Perhaps attending the same hockey game, or just happening to be shopping at the same mall... I believe you were both in Providence that day? Was it Kennedy Plaza?"

"Why are we in the same location as anyone? Fate? Karma? Will of the universe? Just cause?" Serge replied, "We're in the same location of loads of people throughout our lives. And we don't know the stories of everyone we pass by. You probably passed by some random guy who just so happen to be Adley."

Nicole wrote:'I wonder who I pissed off that much to get a T-X sent back to kill me.' Nicole mused for a moment. 'Thing is, if they take out the decoys and comes back to "the present" - whenever that is - they'll know they've failed and simply make another attempt at another time.'
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Not quite a Terminator, the chap seems resilient in the face of a vehicular impact and falling into an open manhole before getting hospitalised, but not to the point where he'd be suspected of being augmented... but he will most likely not have a second chance after his return to the present; Paradox is a very nasty thing, and Old Man Wrinkle is watching the Chronomancer very, very closely. Very, very closely indeed..."

"I don't think you pissed off anyone. I think the Nephandi are doing whatever they can to weaken us right now. Being able to kill two birds with one stone like this is a rare opportunity and they probably jumped on it." Serge mused.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:03 am

[Infirmary]

He frowned down at Thomas. "...he experimented on them. I'm not sure what he did exactly. He is a menace...I'd rather not talk about it in front of them while they're being treated though, they've been through enough trauma."

"N...no off course not we should not discuss it here...poor guys."
Thomas muttered and he shook his head sadly.
"I hope you find this guy and kick his ass."

"Unfortunately not, not until we take care of him and we're not there yet. We're trying, though...I wish I could say that we could. It's going to be a long day again."

"I am just getting so tired of being tied down, everything aches and I just want to move."
The young Void Engineer complained.

[Common Room]

Colin grimaced, "Which is precisely why I was waiting for the gas. I trust it to knock the man out for a while - hopefully, long enough to get the piece of jewelry, crack open the Labyrinth and purge it from the piece, and clean it up properly in my shop to return it right before he comes to... in case I can't persuade him by more diplomatic means. I may put a fair bit of faith in the futures I've seen, but I still bring contingency plans, just in case. The more, the better."

"I can not argue about the usefulness of contingency plans."
Helena said with a frown.
"Well I guess we can not avoid danger today Mr Wainwright, we have to do what we have to do."

'What, end up with a big gap of memory instead?' Nicole replied. 'Wait... has this like already happened? Am I gonna find out why I woke up in that playhouse wearing somebody else's panties and holding a wheel of cheese?'

"I am sure removing memories could be do gently enough that there was no loss of time with no memories in them. As for why you and Mr Roth Hicks would be at the same area at the same time, there are several reasons I guess, you did grow up in the same area did you not? I think Mr Roth Hicks commented that there was a concert in a local park at the day in question."
George replied.

'But... don't that depend on working out exactly where we'll be before we're there, then making sure them two are there too?'

"It should not be to hard to do either with scrying and a bit of luck."
The Primus replied.

'I wonder who I pissed off that much to get a T-X sent back to kill me.' Nicole mused for a moment. 'Thing is, if they take out the decoys and comes back to "the present" - whenever that is - they'll know they've failed and simply make another attempt at another time.'

"This is unlikely, sending someone back in time is...dangerous and difficult, to do so twice is to double the risk, also we plan on finding this Chrononomancer and dealing with him."
The old Hermetic replied.

He nodded, "And with the Chronomancer in question, who likely has... numerous sources and witnesses that would know of you and your involvement in the previous Labyrinth, and the junkyard mop-up, perhaps, the question of 'how he knows' is largely moot."

George nodded at that.
"Yes asking how is a moot point as it could be any of a number of ways that the Chronomancer found Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard."

He nodded, "Which is why - figuratively - picking your brain for your whereabouts on the day in question is going to be an important asset before we send people back."

Again the Primus nodded at this.

He nodded to Serge, "What my young and enthusiastic Cabalmate said, I believe the term refers to the cold storage in mortuaries... You were on probation all year? Whatever mischief did you get up to?"

"Well that would make sense I guess."
George said but it was clear he was skeptical of modern maiming of the English language.

He smiled wryly, "Not quite a Terminator, the chap seems resilient in the face of a vehicular impact and falling into an open manhole before getting hospitalised, but not to the point where he'd be suspected of being augmented... but he will most likely not have a second chance after his return to the present; Paradox is a very nasty thing, and Old Man Wrinkle is watching the Chronomancer very, very closely. Very, very closely indeed..."

"Indeed so, the assassin likely have a human body rather than being a creature like a HIT-Mark, but yes sending someone back in time is costly and for a Fallen mage it will hurt, allot I doubt the Chronomancer will survive doing it twice."

"Why are we in the same location as anyone? Fate? Karma? Will of the universe? Just cause?" Serge replied, "We're in the same location of loads of people throughout our lives. And we don't know the stories of everyone we pass by. You probably passed by some random guy who just so happen to be Adley."

"It might be as simple as that indeed."
The old Guernicus agreed.

"I don't think you pissed off anyone. I think the Nephandi are doing whatever they can to weaken us right now. Being able to kill two birds with one stone like this is a rare opportunity and they probably jumped on it." Serge mused.

"Indeed so Mr Yager, the Nephandi want to weaken their enemies, undo what we did to stop them a few months ago and they want to weaken reality itself and this ploy can achieve all three if they can pull it off, but we are not going to let them get their way."
George replied with a determined nod.

(OOC: Thank you Nicole]
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:36 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Erm... 20th March...' Nicole replied uncertainly, putting the date into Google and finding out what happened that day. 'Can I have a pad and pen, sir?'

Colin's Post:

'No it isn't. Who says this time-traveller is from 2015? They might be like from 2025 and working off intel gained in 2020. Therefore, we might be able to stop them by working out the "how" part and sealing it off.'

'After all, it's possible this hit could be 'cos of something in the future I do, not what has happened so far.'

Colin's Post:

'Which is gonna be hard, some random date like twelve years back...'

Colin's Post:

'Erm... more than I was caught doing. Thankfully, I wasn't tagged, like.'

Colin's Post:

'Then why don't they like travel back to the early 90s and kill me then? Teen-me would at least have some smarts.'

Serge's Post:

'Which makes the assumption this hit is about this. Where's the proof for that, like assumption?'

Anja's Post:

'Well... sorta. But there's no way we'd be at the same kind of event.' she said flatly.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:14 pm

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms 11:30]

'Erm... 20th March...' Nicole replied uncertainly, putting the date into Google and finding out what happened that day. 'Can I have a pad and pen, sir?'

"Off course Miss Bouchard."
George got up with a grunt and went to the book case to retrieve a finely cloth bound notebook and a silver pen handing the items to Nicole.
"Here you go, do the date have meaning to you child?"

'No it isn't. Who says this time-traveller is from 2015? They might be like from 2025 and working off intel gained in 2020. Therefore, we might be able to stop them by working out the "how" part and sealing it off.'

'After all, it's possible this hit could be 'cos of something in the future I do, not what has happened so far.'

"This is...possible yes but as we know the Labyrinth we are currently engaged in a conflict with have a powerful Chronomancer and they are getting desperate so the chance that this man is responsible is great."
George said.
"And I guess it is possible to find out how the Chronomancer found information on you Miss Bouchard but it will be a time consuming endeavor."

Which is gonna be hard, some random date like twelve years back...'

"This is understandable Miss Bouchard but please do try."
The Primus commented.

'Then why don't they like travel back to the early 90s and kill me then? Teen-me would at least have some smarts.'

"That is an interesting question child, but not one to which I know the answer, you will have to ask the Chronomancer himself, once we have him in captivity and on his way to meet his fate on Horizon."
George said with an unusual note of hardness in his usually kindly voice, the hardness was not directed at Nicole through, but rather at the mage who dared endanger members of his Chantry.

'Which makes the assumption this hit is about this. Where's the proof for that, like assumption?'

"As we have not spoken with the Chronomancer himself, we can not be sure, our assumptions are what in legal terms would be called conjecture but it would be strong conjecture as Mr Wainwright have had visions about this Chronomancer and we are currently at war with his Labyrinth, the chances this attack is about the current situation and the related situation two months ago is strong."
George replied.

Well... sorta. But there's no way we'd be at the same kind of event.' she said flatly.

"Are you so sure child, I have heard both you and Mr Roth Hicks like the same sport, perhaps you will find you and him have more things in common than you know."
The Deacon Primus asked softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next