Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:44 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]
Anja wrote:George nodded at that.
"Yes asking how is a moot point as it could be any of a number of ways that the Chronomancer found Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard."
Nicole wrote:'No it isn't. Who says this time-traveller is from 2015? They might be like from 2025 and working off intel gained in 2020. Therefore, we might be able to stop them by working out the "how" part and sealing it off.'

'After all, it's possible this hit could be 'cos of something in the future I do, not what has happened so far.'
Anja wrote:"This is...possible yes but as we know the Labyrinth we are currently engaged in a conflict with have a powerful Chronomancer and they are getting desperate so the chance that this man is responsible is great."
George said.
"And I guess it is possible to find out how the Chronomancer found information on you Miss Bouchard but it will be a time consuming endeavor."
Colin frowned, "Going by how Old Man Wrinkle phrased it, the Chronomancer is sending the assassin back right now - I suspect the temporal disturbance created by going back from the same time to prevent the change is significantly smaller than going back at a completely different time to do so - and if Old Man Wrinkle can prevent any damage to the timeline, he will do so in the most expedient way possible. That's why I find it exceedingly more likely that the attempted alteration takes place right now, and not a decade from now. Plus, Anna and I did throw a few spanners in the works; enough to slow the bastard down a little."

Nicole wrote:'Erm... more than I was caught doing. Thankfully, I wasn't tagged, like.'
He arched an eyebrow, then nodded, "Fair enough, things you're still not keen on sharing... Hum, just as a security concern, there's nothing from the past liable to turn up and create difficulties today?"

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, the assassin likely have a human body rather than being a creature like a HIT-Mark, but yes sending someone back in time is costly and for a Fallen mage it will hurt, allot I doubt the Chronomancer will survive doing it twice."
Nicole wrote:'Then why don't they like travel back to the early 90s and kill me then? Teen-me would at least have some smarts.'
Anja wrote:"That is an interesting question child, but not one to which I know the answer, you will have to ask the Chronomancer himself, once we have him in captivity and on his way to meet his fate on Horizon."
George said with an unusual note of hardness in his usually kindly voice, the hardness was not directed at Nicole through, but rather at the mage who dared endanger members of his Chantry.
He nodded, "Most likely, they found you and Adley had coincidentally turned up in close proximity to one another, making for a rare opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. As for questioning the Chronomancer, I'm sure he'll be quite eager to speak once I let him know I can dose him with the serum, gift-wrap him, and ship him directly to Old Man Wrinkle. Not that I necessarily would, but you know..."

Jeremy wrote:"I don't think you pissed off anyone. I think the Nephandi are doing whatever they can to weaken us right now. Being able to kill two birds with one stone like this is a rare opportunity and they probably jumped on it." Serge mused.
Anja wrote:"Indeed so Mr Yager, the Nephandi want to weaken their enemies, undo what we did to stop them a few months ago and they want to weaken reality itself and this ploy can achieve all three if they can pull it off, but we are not going to let them get their way."
George replied with a determined nod.
Nicole wrote:'Which makes the assumption this hit is about this. Where's the proof for that, like assumption?'
Anja wrote:"As we have not spoken with the Chronomancer himself, we can not be sure, our assumptions are what in legal terms would be called conjecture but it would be strong conjecture as Mr Wainwright have had visions about this Chronomancer and we are currently at war with his Labyrinth, the chances this attack is about the current situation and the related situation two months ago is strong."
George replied.
He frowned, "Very good reasons to assume the hit is about this - the bastard already tried to take out Anna by forcing me to put her on the serum instead of getting her the collar in the past, and in your absence, we caught one infiltrator disguised as one of our recruited allies, and one unwilling pawn. The... infiltrator passed away shortly after we severed her Investments, and the unwilling pawn is currently recuperating under guard after his Investments were scrubbed away. His testimony will likely cause some... trouble in his House, once the story comes out. But all these things happening at once, both in the past and the present, serve to strengthen the probability that it's all about trying to keep us from winning tonight."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:58 pm

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms]

Nicole wrote:'Then why don't they like travel back to the early 90s and kill me then? Teen-me would at least have some smarts.'
Anja wrote:"That is an interesting question child, but not one to which I know the answer, you will have to ask the Chronomancer himself, once we have him in captivity and on his way to meet his fate on Horizon."
George said with an unusual note of hardness in his usually kindly voice, the hardness was not directed at Nicole through, but rather at the mage who dared endanger members of his Chantry.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Most likely, they found you and Adley had coincidentally turned up in close proximity to one another, making for a rare opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. As for questioning the Chronomancer, I'm sure he'll be quite eager to speak once I let him know I can dose him with the serum, gift-wrap him, and ship him directly to Old Man Wrinkle. Not that I necessarily would, but you know..."

Serge nodded in agreement, "It's the two birds with one stone thing. He killed both you and Adley. This was likely the only point in time when you crossed paths."

NIcole wrote:'Which makes the assumption this hit is about this. Where's the proof for that, like assumption?'
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Very good reasons to assume the hit is about this - the bastard already tried to take out Anna by forcing me to put her on the serum instead of getting her the collar in the past, and in your absence, we caught one infiltrator disguised as one of our recruited allies, and one unwilling pawn. The... infiltrator passed away shortly after we severed her Investments, and the unwilling pawn is currently recuperating under guard after his Investments were scrubbed away. His testimony will likely cause some... trouble in his House, once the story comes out. But all these things happening at once, both in the past and the present, serve to strengthen the probability that it's all about trying to keep us from winning tonight."

"And does it matter why he's killing you and Adley?" Serge commented. "It could be for any number of things that would take too long to figure out. Right now we need to focus on keeping you guys alive and getting rid of this time assassin. Whatever reason the chronomancer did this he can tell us later when we've captured him."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:11 pm

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms 11:30]

Colin frowned, "Going by how Old Man Wrinkle phrased it, the Chronomancer is sending the assassin back right now - I suspect the temporal disturbance created by going back from the same time to prevent the change is significantly smaller than going back at a completely different time to do so - and if Old Man Wrinkle can prevent any damage to the timeline, he will do so in the most expedient way possible. That's why I find it exceedingly more likely that the attempted alteration takes place right now, and not a decade from now. Plus, Anna and I did throw a few spanners in the works; enough to slow the bastard down a little."

"Indeed the way the Paradox Spirit phrased his warning and the fact that it worked when you and your apprenticed worked to slow the Chronomancer down indicate that the man is casting his magick from the present time."
George agreed.

He nodded, "Most likely, they found you and Adley had coincidentally turned up in close proximity to one another, making for a rare opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. As for questioning the Chronomancer, I'm sure he'll be quite eager to speak once I let him know I can dose him with the serum, gift-wrap him, and ship him directly to Old Man Wrinkle. Not that I necessarily would, but you know..."

"I would tend to agree, it is likely that our foe found that he could get both Miss Bouchard and Mr Roth Hicks in the same location and decided to strike at the opportunity."
The Deacon Primus replied then he grimaced.
"Well that is some threat..."

He frowned, "Very good reasons to assume the hit is about this - the bastard already tried to take out Anna by forcing me to put her on the serum instead of getting her the collar in the past, and in your absence, we caught one infiltrator disguised as one of our recruited allies, and one unwilling pawn. The... infiltrator passed away shortly after we severed her Investments, and the unwilling pawn is currently recuperating under guard after his Investments were scrubbed away. His testimony will likely cause some... trouble in his House, once the story comes out. But all these things happening at once, both in the past and the present, serve to strengthen the probability that it's all about trying to keep us from winning tonight."

George Steelhaven nodded at that.
"For now at least that is the best working theory we have, the man is desperate to tip the scales in his Labyrinth's favor,so he have tried to manipulate the time line to get at Anna and now he is trying to do so with Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard, both of which where important in the Labyrinth battle two months ago."
The Deacon Primus said.
"As for the double agents well that is also related to the Labyrinth I would assume but it might not be related to the attemnts the Chronomancer is making."

"And does it matter why he's killing you and Adley?" Serge commented. "It could be for any number of things that would take too long to figure out. Right now we need to focus on keeping you guys alive and getting rid of this time assassin. Whatever reason the chronomancer did this he can tell us later when we've captured him."

"Well the reason do matter Mr Yager but I agree that right now, what we have to focus on is stopping the Chronomancer's plans and preventing him from getting Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard murdered in the past, then if we take the man alive we can ask him the how and the why, right now might not be the time for idle speculation."
The old Guernicus Magus said with a nod of agreement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:45 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 11.30]

Anja's Post:

'Highly unlikely.' Nicole would reply, the tone yet again icy on mention of Adley.

Anja's Post:

'No... at least not right now.' she said, taking the pen and paper and propping up her carbine on a wall or piece of furniture handy before starting to work her cell. 'More... work out from deduction. Okay, Easter was late April, Spring break was... oh, a film called that, never knew that... ahah, Brown's historical calendar... '02-'03 year... was the 23rd to the 30th, so the 20th would have been the day before end of the spring term.' quickly jotting down the dates on the paper. 'Okay, the 17th was St- fucking-Patrick's day, that was a Monday... anything else? Ah, Wikipedia, 2003... events... March 20th -  "The Iraq War begins with the invasion of Iraq by the U.S. and allied forces". Okay.... the invasion of Iraq... blah blah blah... ah, Invasion. Yada yada ah, at 10.15 EST Junior announced an attack against "selected targets of military importance". So the question is simple; where was I when that oil-grab started? Answer; doing my probation course at the CCRI Liston. I'd be at the bus station at Kennedy either going to or from it.'

Colin's Post:

'More not relevant and would take too long to explain. Though have no idea about "security concerns" you're thinking of.' giving Colin a confused look.

Colin's Post:

'Infiltrator? Pawn? What happened?' giving another confused look.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Anja wrote:"I would tend to agree, it is likely that our foe found that he could get both Miss Bouchard and Mr Roth Hicks in the same location and decided to strike at the opportunity."
The Deacon Primus replied then he grimaced.
"Well that is some threat..."
Colin grinned, "Well, Wrinkle did say he wasn't interested in retribution, only in stopping extensive damage to the timeline... but I'm sure the Fallen Chronomancer doesn't know that."

Nicole wrote:'No... at least not right now.' she said, taking the pen and paper and propping up her carbine on a wall or piece of furniture handy before starting to work her cell. 'More... work out from deduction. Okay, Easter was late April, Spring break was... oh, a film called that, never knew that... ahah, Brown's historical calendar... '02-'03 year... was the 23rd to the 30th, so the 20th would have been the day before end of the spring term.' quickly jotting down the dates on the paper. 'Okay, the 17th was St- fucking-Patrick's day, that was a Monday... anything else? Ah, Wikipedia, 2003... events... March 20th - "The Iraq War begins with the invasion of Iraq by the U.S. and allied forces". Okay.... the invasion of Iraq... blah blah blah... ah, Invasion. Yada yada ah, at 10.15 EST Junior announced an attack against "selected targets of military importance". So the question is simple; where was I when that oil-grab started? Answer; doing my probation course at the CCRI Liston. I'd be at the bus station at Kennedy either going to or from it.'
He frowned, "Yes, once more, Americans dragged everyone else into that bloody sandpit... well, the bus station, that does seem an exceedingly likely location."

Nicole wrote:'More not relevant and would take too long to explain. Though have no idea about "security concerns" you're thinking of.' giving Colin a confused look.
He shook his head, "Just anything that might make Sleeper authorities, and by extension, the Union, put you under closer scrutiny. No need to explain unless it's something that would make the front page with a mugshot, I'm certain."

Anja wrote:George Steelhaven nodded at that.
"For now at least that is the best working theory we have, the man is desperate to tip the scales in his Labyrinth's favor,so he have tried to manipulate the time line to get at Anna and now he is trying to do so with Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard, both of which where important in the Labyrinth battle two months ago."
The Deacon Primus said.
"As for the double agents well that is also related to the Labyrinth I would assume but it might not be related to the attemnts the Chronomancer is making."
Nicole wrote:'Infiltrator? Pawn? What happened?' giving another confused look.
He frowned, "The Fallen had an infiltrator who'd replaced one of our guests, a woman with Investments in her eye sockets, so her patron could watch everything she saw, and share that information with other of his minions in the Labyrinth... She'll be reborn, blind, in a few years... she'll have a better life, then. The other one was one Adeptus Flavian, who had, well... let's just say an Investment had been forced on him without his consent, and he could not speak of it until someone figured it out on their own; he's in custody now, and not an Awakened Mage. Complicated story, and one that will have to be handled with a little more finesse than most here at Steelhaven Hall are capable of."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:36 pm

'Highly unlikely.' Nicole would reply, the tone yet again icy on mention of Adley.

George shook his head sadly and that and sigh but he did not comment.

'No... at least not right now.' she said, taking the pen and paper and propping up her carbine on a wall or piece of furniture handy before starting to work her cell. 'More... work out from deduction. Okay, Easter was late April, Spring break was... oh, a film called that, never knew that... ahah, Brown's historical calendar... '02-'03 year... was the 23rd to the 30th, so the 20th would have been the day before end of the spring term.' quickly jotting down the dates on the paper. 'Okay, the 17th was St- fucking-Patrick's day, that was a Monday... anything else? Ah, Wikipedia, 2003... events... March 20th - "The Iraq War begins with the invasion of Iraq by the U.S. and allied forces". Okay.... the invasion of Iraq... blah blah blah... ah, Invasion. Yada yada ah, at 10.15 EST Junior announced an attack against "selected targets of military importance". So the question is simple; where was I when that oil-grab started? Answer; doing my probation course at the CCRI Liston. I'd be at the bus station at Kennedy either going to or from it.'

"At a bus stop then, well that seams likely indeed."
The Deacon Primus said with a nod.

'Infiltrator? Pawn? What happened?' giving another confused look.

He frowned, "The Fallen had an infiltrator who'd replaced one of our guests, a woman with Investments in her eye sockets, so her patron could watch everything she saw, and share that information with other of his minions in the Labyrinth... She'll be reborn, blind, in a few years... she'll have a better life, then. The other one was one Adeptus Flavian, who had, well... let's just say an Investment had been forced on him without his consent, and he could not speak of it until someone figured it out on their own; he's in custody now, and not an Awakened Mage.

"It was a most tragic couple of events, but yes as Mr Wainwright said we had infiltrators among the ranks of our guests. The tentacles of the Fallen reaches far, for now it seams we have gotten all of the infiltrators but we can not be sure off course."
The Deacon Primus said sadly.

Complicated story, and one that will have to be handled with a little more finesse than most here at Steelhaven Hall are capable of."

George raised an eyebrow at that comment.
"Oh do you find us to be so heavy handed Mr Wainwright?"
He asked wryly.

Colin grinned, "Well, Wrinkle did say he wasn't interested in retribution, only in stopping extensive damage to the timeline... but I'm sure the Fallen Chronomancer doesn't know that."

"What a prisoner do not know is often the most effective part of an interrogation Mr Wainwright."
George replied before sipping his tea again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:18 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Not as far as I knew. Had an easily-broken curfew, weekly meets with Miss Cultist and had to attend the CCRI.' ending with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Flavian?' Nicole repeated, perking up. 'I damn knew it! Gut was right again. Nobody could be that obstructive without having an angle. Does Mr Porcupine know this?' she asked sweetly to Colin, with a smile which died before reaching her eyes.

Anja's Post:

'It's more than that, sir. Kennedy is the, like centre of Downtown Prov. Burnside Park, the main bus station, the big office buildings like the Sovereign Bank... and the Mall and rail station are within a few minutes walking distance.' Nicole explained.

'On the plus side, it would be rather easy to lose the killer - if I knew what they looked like. I could like simply hop on a Greyhound or Amtrak which is heading towards Boston.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Anja wrote:"What a prisoner do not know is often the most effective part of an interrogation Mr Wainwright."
George replied before sipping his tea again.
Colin smiled thinly, sipping his own tea, "Yes, such a novel notion; next, someone's going to come up with the idea of questioning someone without using physical torture..."

Nicole wrote:'Not as far as I knew. Had an easily-broken curfew, weekly meets with Miss Cultist and had to attend the CCRI.' ending with a shrug.
He nodded, then paused, "...Miss Cultist?"

Nicole wrote:'It's more than that, sir. Kennedy is the, like centre of Downtown Prov. Burnside Park, the main bus station, the big office buildings like the Sovereign Bank... and the Mall and rail station are within a few minutes walking distance.' Nicole explained.

'On the plus side, it would be rather easy to lose the killer - if I knew what they looked like. I could like simply hop on a Greyhound or Amtrak which is heading towards Boston.'
He nodded, "Part of the problem is that we don't have a photo, or even a good description of the man. Though, we do know a few things about what befell him on his arrival in the past. We know which manhole he'll fall into; a sudden... heart attack on the way down would not cause too much suspicion at the time, stab or bullet wounds might be less inconspicuous."

Anja wrote:"It was a most tragic couple of events, but yes as Mr Wainwright said we had infiltrators among the ranks of our guests. The tentacles of the Fallen reaches far, for now it seams we have gotten all of the infiltrators but we can not be sure off course."
The Deacon Primus said sadly.
Nicole wrote:'Flavian?' Nicole repeated, perking up. 'I damn knew it! Gut was right again. Nobody could be that obstructive without having an angle. Does Mr Porcupine know this?' she asked sweetly to Colin, with a smile which died before reaching her eyes.
He sighed, "Yes, your gut instincts were right, but I've heard of your disagreement with the man, and you were still wrong to pick a fight with him at the time... That was a matter of protocol, not a matter of being right, I'm afraid. I'm sure we can avoid any unpleasantness coming of it, though, as it turned out Mr. Flavian is not, in fact, of Adeptus rank after all. But the unpleasant fact is, if he still were Adeptus, you might still have had some legal difficulties over it, merely because of the difference in rank."
He frowned, "However, I am quite satisfied his angle was quite literally to call attention to himself and get caught before coming to the Labyrinth and being compelled to backstab us. And yes, Mr. Roth Hicks is informed. But next time... perhaps share your gut feelings with someone else, quietly, before digging in like a badger on a mission from God?"

Anja wrote:George raised an eyebrow at that comment.
"Oh do you find us to be so heavy handed Mr Wainwright?"
He asked wryly.
He chuckled, "Not quite that, but aside from you yourself, the Chantry does sadly have very little in the way of direct connections and authority within the Security Office. And to be honest, this is the sort of matter that requires a particular mix of force, finesse, and focus to accomplish - and I'm afraid most at the Chantry have two out of three, at best... Contextually speaking, of course. Two out of three isn't bad, by any reckoning, it's just a little short of what we need for this particular matter."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Nicole wrote:'Infiltrator? Pawn? What happened?' giving another confused look.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "The Fallen had an infiltrator who'd replaced one of our guests, a woman with Investments in her eye sockets, so her patron could watch everything she saw, and share that information with other of his minions in the Labyrinth... She'll be reborn, blind, in a few years... she'll have a better life, then. The other one was one Adeptus Flavian, who had, well... let's just say an Investment had been forced on him without his consent, and he could not speak of it until someone figured it out on their own; he's in custody now, and not an Awakened Mage. Complicated story, and one that will have to be handled with a little more finesse than most here at Steelhaven Hall are capable of."

Serge looked a little surprised at that news as well, not sure if he had been told about such a situation with Flavian. He didn't say anything, wanting to let Nicole revel in the karmic justice. And while he didn't let it show, he was slightly amused by the news, remembering how poorly the hermetic had treated his etherite cabalmate.

Nicole wrote:'It's more than that, sir. Kennedy is the, like centre of Downtown Prov. Burnside Park, the main bus station, the big office buildings like the Sovereign Bank... and the Mall and rail station are within a few minutes walking distance.' Nicole explained.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Part of the problem is that we don't have a photo, or even a good description of the man. Though, we do know a few things about what befell him on his arrival in the past. We know which manhole he'll fall into; a sudden... heart attack on the way down would not cause too much suspicion at the time, stab or bullet wounds might be less inconspicuous."

"You'd think someone would remember seeing Bad Luck Brian wandering through the streets and have a description of him." Serge grumbled. "But we can track him down thanks to some special spirits. Avoiding him isn't going to be hard. And we got some pretty good plans for how to deal with him."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 pm

[Infirmary]

"N...no off course not we should not discuss it here...poor guys."
Thomas muttered and he shook his head sadly.
"I hope you find this guy and kick his ass."

"Yes, we need to stop him."

"I am just getting so tired of being tied down, everything aches and I just want to move."
The young Void Engineer complained.

He sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry. I wish there was more I can do, but I've got you somewhere to rest and if luck is on our side we'lll have this taken care of when you wake up, and we can get you home or wherever you want to go. I really want that to happen."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:01 pm

[Infirmary]

"Yes, we need to stop him."

Thomas nodded solemnly at that.

He sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry. I wish there was more I can do, but I've got you somewhere to rest and if luck is on our side we'lll have this taken care of when you wake up, and we can get you home or wherever you want to go. I really want that to happen."

"Well there will not be much rest, I mean I am dead tired but my shoulders ache, my fingers ache and I just feel helpless, also there is always an itch somewhere and that sort of prevent me from sleeping when I can't itch it."
"At least the aching in young shoulders should get better when you have your hands against your sides kid and I could numb your fingers but that is dangerous since you might then strain them and not feel it."
Amadeus said with a sigh.

'Flavian?' Nicole repeated, perking up. 'I damn knew it! Gut was right again. Nobody could be that obstructive without having an angle. Does Mr Porcupine know this?' she asked sweetly to Colin, with a smile which died before reaching her eyes.

He sighed, "Yes, your gut instincts were right, but I've heard of your disagreement with the man, and you were still wrong to pick a fight with him at the time... That was a matter of protocol, not a matter of being right, I'm afraid. I'm sure we can avoid any unpleasantness coming of it, though, as it turned out Mr. Flavian is not, in fact, of Adeptus rank after all. But the unpleasant fact is, if he still were Adeptus, you might still have had some legal difficulties over it, merely because of the difference in rank."
He frowned, "However, I am quite satisfied his angle was quite literally to call attention to himself and get caught before coming to the Labyrinth and being compelled to backstab us. And yes, Mr. Roth Hicks is informed. But next time... perhaps share your gut feelings with someone else, quietly, before digging in like a badger on a mission from God?"

"Yes your instincts in this was right Miss Bouchard however your Cabal leader is right, even if Adeptus Flavian turned out to have committed crimes at the time he was disrespected there was no proof of this, and so your actions could have landed you and your Cabal in very hot water. I for one think the First Protocol need to be rewritten but as it stands there could have been serious problems, the next time you suspect a superior of misconduct, taking it up discreetly with your Cabal leader or with Master Morgan might be a better course of action."
George said softly.

'It's more than that, sir. Kennedy is the, like centre of Downtown Prov. Burnside Park, the main bus station, the big office buildings like the Sovereign Bank... and the Mall and rail station are within a few minutes walking distance.' Nicole explained.

"So it is a highly trafficked area? That might make things harder on us."
The Deacon Primus replied with a frown.

"Unless this killer knows how to scry for you, in which case he can easily find you again if you try to run, remember you are dealing with another willworker here Miss Bouchard."
George reminded the young Etherite.

Colin smiled thinly, sipping his own tea, "Yes, such a novel notion; next, someone's going to come up with the idea of questioning someone without using physical torture..."

"I try to advocate for first trying non...physical means of obtaining information during interrogations, torture leaves a bad taste in my mouth and the information obtained are frequently unreliable."
The old Guernicus replied.

He nodded, "Part of the problem is that we don't have a photo, or even a good description of the man. Though, we do know a few things about what befell him on his arrival in the past. We know which manhole he'll fall into; a sudden... heart attack on the way down would not cause too much suspicion at the time, stab or bullet wounds might be less inconspicuous."

"I do believe Rip the Man Body, a rote Master Nassa excel at would be a good option here, the man would die and not a mark would be left on his body, anyone examining the remains would merely think the assassin had died from the fall or from shock."
The Primus replied sipping his tea.

He chuckled, "Not quite that, but aside from you yourself, the Chantry does sadly have very little in the way of direct connections and authority within the Security Office. And to be honest, this is the sort of matter that requires a particular mix of force, finesse, and focus to accomplish - and I'm afraid most at the Chantry have two out of three, at best... Contextually speaking, of course. Two out of three isn't bad, by any reckoning, it's just a little short of what we need for this particular matter."

"Ah yes, if by delicate touch you mean someone who are a skilled Enforcer then yes we will need outside help, as while I have the legal knowledge I stopped practicing and no longer have the title Quesitor as a judge may not serve as Deacon to a Chantry, a security valve really in order to prevent abuses of power. We are going to have to contact the Security Council to deal with the Ex Adeptus Flavian then, and I assume he is under guard until then?"
George asked still with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"You'd think someone would remember seeing Bad Luck Brian wandering through the streets and have a description of him." Serge grumbled. "But we can track him down thanks to some special spirits. Avoiding him isn't going to be hard. And we got some pretty good plans for how to deal with him."

"I do believe I could run through the streets naked save for chicken feathers glued to my body and screaming at the top of my lungs and no one would remember me or be able to give my description."
Jon suddenly said reminding you that he was in fact in the room.
"And if this assassin know how to scry or study Correspondence getting away from him might be harder than you think but perhaps we can take him out before he do any damage."
The Virtual Adept continued.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:21 pm

[Infirmary]

"Well there will not be much rest, I mean I am dead tired but my shoulders ache, my fingers ache and I just feel helpless, also there is always an itch somewhere and that sort of prevent me from sleeping when I can't itch it."
"At least the aching in young shoulders should get better when you have your hands against your sides kid and I could numb your fingers but that is dangerous since you might then strain them and not feel it."
Amadeus said with a sigh.

He nodded sympathetically. "How bout we see if we can at least get you more comfortable, and somewhere quieter at least?" he suggested, then glanced towards Amadeus as he reappeared. "I know of a technique that can be used to soothe hands but as he stated, it may have the same effect of being overly desensitizing, you may accidentally hurt yourself...let me think if I can make it work without it having that problem, as we get you moved," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:30 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Parole officer. All prim and proper, like a Jehovah [Witness] or p'haps Mormon.'

Colin's Post:

'So, we know they're a guy, at least?'

Colin's Post:

'Didn't pick a fight with him, only his stupidity. Which now makes perfect sense, 'cos it was complete blocking and shit-stirring. Therefore, if he hadn't been a traitor the situation would not have not happened. I grant them Hermetics enough credit they wouldn't put someone that awful in a position of command.' Nicole replied mulishly. 'If nothing else, he'd end up being fragged.'

Anja's Post:

'He was mainly stamping his feet and whinging about not being respected, sir. The kind of person who does that is usually not worth respecting. The man was a petty bully; bet there's quite a few folks sharpening the knives for him now. And I expect my cabal to have my back on this, like they can expect me to be watching their back. Not putting a blade in it.' here the tone and poise making it rather obvious that she felt betrayed.

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... can't you somehow get a Providence Chantry to help us? Can simply hide there.'

Anja's Post:

'Is that needed? Just blow them away and dump them in Central Falls. Nobody will care.'

Anja's Post:

'And we have the one to do the shooting.' ending with a little evil smirk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 am

[Infirmary]

He nodded sympathetically. "How bout we see if we can at least get you more comfortable, and somewhere quieter at least?" he suggested,

"Yeah...I guess."
Thomas said with a sigh.

then glanced towards Amadeus as he reappeared. "I know of a technique that can be used to soothe hands but as he stated, it may have the same effect of being overly desensitizing, you may accidentally hurt yourself...let me think if I can make it work without it having that problem, as we get you moved," he said.

"I have cleared away my knives and also made the bed."
Amadeus announced. Thomas nodded and he looked at you.
"I can keep my hands still."
He said with a sigh.
"Yeah the problem is more is something scare you or movements made in sleep or without thinking."
Amadeus said as he undid the boy's straps to get him out of the bed then he looked at Adley.
"Do we need to tie his hands behind his back again to take him down to my room?"

'So, we know they're a guy, at least?'

"From some newspaper articles we think is about this person yes we are pretty certain he is male."
Jon replied.

'Didn't pick a fight with him, only his stupidity. Which now makes perfect sense, 'cos it was complete blocking and shit-stirring. Therefore, if he hadn't been a traitor the situation would not have not happened. I grant them Hermetics enough credit they wouldn't put someone that awful in a position of command.' Nicole replied mulishly. 'If nothing else, he'd end up being fragged.'

"The Traditions do not work like that Miss Bouchard, I did not disrespect my superior just his stupidity unfortunately will not hold in a Tribunal, you suspected that Flavian was dirty, and you where right, however at the time you had no proof, the right way to go about it would have been to remain polite and then inform one of your superiors of your suspicions, as at the time you did commit a crime by the Protocols."
George said with a sigh.
"And you will meet other magi as obtuse and insulting as Flavian who are not guilty of any crime, and if you treat them as you treated Flavian sooner or later you will be arrested for breaking the First Protocol."

He was mainly stamping his feet and whinging about not being respected, sir. The kind of person who does that is usually not worth respecting.

"The law still say people like that have to be respected Miss Bouchard, the First Protocol says Respect Those of Greater Knowledge, it do not say Respect Those of Grater Knowledge unless I decide they are not worth respecting."
The Deacon replied patiently.

The man was a petty bully; bet there's quite a few folks sharpening the knives for him now. And I expect my cabal to have my back on this, like they can expect me to be watching their back. Not putting a blade in it.' here the tone and poise making it rather obvious that she felt betrayed.

"Miss Bouchard every member of your Cabal from the rapports I have gotten, did have your back in this. Having your back in this situation would not be commuting a crime right there beside you having your back would be trying to prevent yourself from getting yourself into legal problem. Everyone agree Flavian is a rude and crude man, but that do not matter, we live by a set of laws, and one of those laws dictate that you should respect more powerful magi, it do not matter how they behave or what you think of them, the Protocol demand that you should respect those of grater knowledge. Your Cabalmates tried and are still trying to prevent you getting yourself into trouble. If you continue with this attitude when you go to Horizon, you will meet a powerful, but arrogant and rude mage who will have you up on charges, your Cabal are trying to prevent that, and that is having your back."
The old mage considered for a moment then he said.
"I know the law is unreasonable on this but it is still the law. Now there is an episode of a science fiction show from the, nineties I believe. I had a young apprentice at a time, and we watched the television at times. Anyway in one episodes a group of space travelers get to a planet where it is considered a major crime to step on the grass, off course one of them do and the rest of the episodes are his friends trying to save him...anyway to my point, it is clear that on this planet it is a fairly unreasonable law that you can be executed from stepping on the grass but if you where in a society with a unreasonable law what would you consider to be having your back? Stopping you from stepping on the grass and finding a safe path around it or jumping in it and stepping on it with you and getting themselves shot right beside you?"

Hmm... can't you somehow get a Providence Chantry to help us? Can simply hide there.'

"I will take some time talking one into it, time we might not have but yes it is possible but I am not sure it is more practical."
The Deacon Primus replied.

'Is that needed? Just blow them away and dump them in Central Falls. Nobody will care.'

"It is usually better to do things simply Miss Bouchard, the opening we have to take this man out is when he ehm...fall in a manhole but this manhole is on a busy street so there is a good chance that someone would hear a gunshot, just making sure the fall kills him though is much safer."

And we have the one to do the shooting.' ending with a little evil smirk.

"I might find it hard to send back more than two people to help you and Mr Roth Hicks."
George replied.
"I was considering sending Master Nassa and Master O'Connor, but perhaps Mr Sherman's unique abilities would be useful, hum..."
He said and Jon nodded.
"I am willing to go, but I am no Master of the Art I can not protect my Cabalmates as well as the two Masters can Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:15 pm

Nicole wrote:'Parole officer. All prim and proper, like a Jehovah [Witness] or p'haps Mormon.'
Colin nodded, "Ah, like so... Well, social workers tend to have to have some... moral impetus to be able to keep doing their job. Religion is usually the simplest source for that."

Anja wrote:"So it is a highly trafficked area? That might make things harder on us."
The Deacon Primus replied with a frown.
He pondered, "Given that we don't know the individual, it might actually be a benefit to us, as well - I can try to teach Master Nassa a spell I've used for some time; a way to sense approach vectors well before impact. For some reason, that one seemed like a very important thing to develop from the start... That, or with Mr. Yager's help, I can try to share the effect with the minds of Mr. Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard before they go, so they can sense when someone is approaching them. Hum... There's some reason to assume the assassin might have some means of mental compulsion, too, to convince them to go where he wants. I'm not sure the threat of a gun would work on Miss Bouchard..."

Anja wrote:"I do believe Rip the Man Body, a rote Master Nassa excel at would be a good option here, the man would die and not a mark would be left on his body, anyone examining the remains would merely think the assassin had died from the fall or from shock."
The Primus replied sipping his tea.
Nicole wrote:'Is that needed? Just blow them away and dump them in Central Falls. Nobody will care.'
Anja wrote:"It is usually better to do things simply Miss Bouchard, the opening we have to take this man out is when he ehm...fall in a manhole but this manhole is on a busy street so there is a good chance that someone would hear a gunshot, just making sure the fall kills him though is much safer."
He nodded, "We'd want to avoid any suspicious wounds or signs of violence - being hit by a car, and then falling into a manhole could conceivably cause a man to die from the shock and trauma, but stab wounds or bullet holes would suggest foul play."

Jeremy wrote:"You'd think someone would remember seeing Bad Luck Brian wandering through the streets and have a description of him." Serge grumbled. "But we can track him down thanks to some special spirits. Avoiding him isn't going to be hard. And we got some pretty good plans for how to deal with him."
Anja wrote:"I do believe I could run through the streets naked save for chicken feathers glued to my body and screaming at the top of my lungs and no one would remember me or be able to give my description."
Jon suddenly said reminding you that he was in fact in the room.
"And if this assassin know how to scry or study Correspondence getting away from him might be harder than you think but perhaps we can take him out before he do any damage."
The Virtual Adept continued.
Nicole wrote:'And we have the one to do the shooting.' ending with a little evil smirk.
Anja wrote:"I might find it hard to send back more than two people to help you and Mr Roth Hicks."
George replied.
"I was considering sending Master Nassa and Master O'Connor, but perhaps Mr Sherman's unique abilities would be useful, hum..."
He said and Jon nodded.
"I am willing to go, but I am no Master of the Art I can not protect my Cabalmates as well as the two Masters can Sir."
He arched an eyebrow, "Who's Bad Luck Brian? In any case, I believe Master Nassa will be crucial to bring, for the original execution plan, and because he could find the man again from a drop of blood from the car accident, if needed, should the first attempt fail. Lady Mara... might be able to help coordinate things with her kin from this time, without going then in person."

Nicole wrote:'Didn't pick a fight with him, only his stupidity. Which now makes perfect sense, 'cos it was complete blocking and shit-stirring. Therefore, if he hadn't been a traitor the situation would not have not happened. I grant them Hermetics enough credit they wouldn't put someone that awful in a position of command.' Nicole replied mulishly. 'If nothing else, he'd end up being fragged.'
Anja wrote:"The Traditions do not work like that Miss Bouchard, I did not disrespect my superior just his stupidity unfortunately will not hold in a Tribunal, you suspected that Flavian was dirty, and you where right, however at the time you had no proof, the right way to go about it would have been to remain polite and then inform one of your superiors of your suspicions, as at the time you did commit a crime by the Protocols."
George said with a sigh.
"And you will meet other magi as obtuse and insulting as Flavian who are not guilty of any crime, and if you treat them as you treated Flavian sooner or later you will be arrested for breaking the First Protocol."
He sighed softly, "You weren't wrong, Miss Bouchard, you just approached it improperly."

Anja wrote:"Yes your instincts in this was right Miss Bouchard however your Cabal leader is right, even if Adeptus Flavian turned out to have committed crimes at the time he was disrespected there was no proof of this, and so your actions could have landed you and your Cabal in very hot water. I for one think the First Protocol need to be rewritten but as it stands there could have been serious problems, the next time you suspect a superior of misconduct, taking it up discreetly with your Cabal leader or with Master Morgan might be a better course of action."
George said softly.
Nicole wrote:'He was mainly stamping his feet and whinging about not being respected, sir. The kind of person who does that is usually not worth respecting. The man was a petty bully; bet there's quite a few folks sharpening the knives for him now. And I expect my cabal to have my back on this, like they can expect me to be watching their back. Not putting a blade in it.' here the tone and poise making it rather obvious that she felt betrayed.
Anja wrote:"The law still say people like that have to be respected Miss Bouchard, the First Protocol says Respect Those of Greater Knowledge, it do not say Respect Those of Grater Knowledge unless I decide they are not worth respecting."
The Deacon replied patiently.

"Miss Bouchard every member of your Cabal from the rapports I have gotten, did have your back in this. Having your back in this situation would not be commuting a crime right there beside you having your back would be trying to prevent yourself from getting yourself into legal problem. Everyone agree Flavian is a rude and crude man, but that do not matter, we live by a set of laws, and one of those laws dictate that you should respect more powerful magi, it do not matter how they behave or what you think of them, the Protocol demand that you should respect those of grater knowledge. Your Cabalmates tried and are still trying to prevent you getting yourself into trouble. If you continue with this attitude when you go to Horizon, you will meet a powerful, but arrogant and rude mage who will have you up on charges, your Cabal are trying to prevent that, and that is having your back."
The old mage considered for a moment then he said.
"I know the law is unreasonable on this but it is still the law. Now there is an episode of a science fiction show from the, nineties I believe. I had a young apprentice at a time, and we watched the television at times. Anyway in one episodes a group of space travelers get to a planet where it is considered a major crime to step on the grass, off course one of them do and the rest of the episodes are his friends trying to save him...anyway to my point, it is clear that on this planet it is a fairly unreasonable law that you can be executed from stepping on the grass but if you where in a society with a unreasonable law what would you consider to be having your back? Stopping you from stepping on the grass and finding a safe path around it or jumping in it and stepping on it with you and getting themselves shot right beside you?"
He smiled thinly, "Miss Bouchard, as your Cabal Leader, in the interest of ensuring no-one above me has to mete out punishment for you, I'm going to order you to attend a remedial lecture on Tradition Protocols. Let's see if we can't help you crack the subtle code of what you can and cannot get away with, and how... Why, I will even bring up specific examples of, well... not quite how to get away with murder, but certainly how to find where the law can bend a little."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes, if by delicate touch you mean someone who are a skilled Enforcer then yes we will need outside help, as while I have the legal knowledge I stopped practicing and no longer have the title Quesitor as a judge may not serve as Deacon to a Chantry, a security valve really in order to prevent abuses of power. We are going to have to contact the Security Council to deal with the Ex Adeptus Flavian then, and I assume he is under guard until then?"
George asked still with a slightly raised eyebrow.
He nodded, "That's precisely what I mean - not necessarily an active Enforcer, but certainly someone with thorough knowledge of the Law and contacts in all the necessary places in the Security Council to ensure no-one gets to... bury the case, like certain other cases were. And yes, he is handcuffed to a bed and under surveillance. It seems having an Investment mark sanded off his back is a painful and exhausting experience..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:50 pm

He pondered, "Given that we don't know the individual, it might actually be a benefit to us, as well - I can try to teach Master Nassa a spell I've used for some time; a way to sense approach vectors well before impact. For some reason, that one seemed like a very important thing to develop from the start... That, or with Mr. Yager's help, I can try to share the effect with the minds of Mr. Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard before they go, so they can sense when someone is approaching them. Hum... There's some reason to assume the assassin might have some means of mental compulsion, too, to convince them to go where he wants. I'm not sure the threat of a gun would work on Miss Bouchard..."

"If you could teach such a rote to Master Nassa that would be most useful Mr Wainwright."
George said.
"And if you can share it with our young friend's minds that would offer them some protection. I also tend to agree that it was more than a gun involved when it comes to getting the younger Miss Bouchard and Mr Roth Hicks where the assassin wanted them to go."

He nodded, "We'd want to avoid any suspicious wounds or signs of violence - being hit by a car, and then falling into a manhole could conceivably cause a man to die from the shock and trauma, but stab wounds or bullet holes would suggest foul play."

"Indeed so which is why I am thinking Rip the Man Body would be a good working to use."
George replied with a nod.
"The victim dies without a mark on them, their life patterns simply ripped apart."

He arched an eyebrow, "Who's Bad Luck Brian? In any case, I believe Master Nassa will be crucial to bring, for the original execution plan, and because he could find the man again from a drop of blood from the car accident, if needed, should the first attempt fail. Lady Mara... might be able to help coordinate things with her kin from this time, without going then in person."

"I believe it is Miss Bouchard's nickname for our unfortunate assassin."
"I agree Master Nassa is crucial, both for his ability to track someone through blood and for is impressive combat abilities, he will be able to keep the kids safe, but yes it is possible Mara can coordinate the decoys with her fey friends from the present, she is less bound by time than the rest of us."

He sighed softly, "You weren't wrong, Miss Bouchard, you just approached it improperly."

"Exactly so Mr Wainwright."
George agreed with a nod.

He nodded, "That's precisely what I mean - not necessarily an active Enforcer, but certainly someone with thorough knowledge of the Law and contacts in all the necessary places in the Security Council to ensure no-one gets to... bury the case, like certain other cases were. And yes, he is handcuffed to a bed and under surveillance. It seems having an Investment mark sanded off his back is a painful and exhausting experience..."

"I can give a few old friends a call and see if I can find someone to help us with that problem Mr Wainwright."
George said then he nodded.
"Well no doubt it is not comfortable, even so having a means to offer hope to infernalists who want out of their Investments could be most valuable."
He said before emptying his teacup and putting the cup down on the plate.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:45 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Insulting is different, sir. Flavian's stupidity - if unchecked - could have led to people dying, including me. And if they tried everyone who ever gave a "superior" a bit of sass, the waiting-list would be like fifteen year. Plus, would the Order of Hermes really let themselves be seen as being this anal and petty?'

Anja's Post:

'Then sir, the law is an ass. And sometimes a trial has to happen to make it obvious that it is to all. Also, he wasn't showing any knowledge at all at that point, nor had he shown himself to be my "superior".'

Anja's Post:

'If "completely taking their side" is "having my back", I damn well don't want to know what being against me is like.' Nicole retorted. 'And I only care about stupidity when it directly threatens to get people killed. Nor is the First Protocol like, enforced that rigidly. Well, usually. Chances are, if he'd pressed for a full court-marshal one of his seniors would have told him to quit being such a jerk and just accept the non-apology apology.'

Anja's Post:

'Why not? They'd know Prov, have contacts and stuff. Plus, it'll take a best part of an hour for help from Boston to arrive.'

Anja's Post:

'"Hearing" and "doing something about it" two completely different things.'

Colin's Post:

'Why don't he simply shoot me as soon as we're in a alley or something?'

Anja's Post:

'And that matters... because?'

Colin's Post:

'I understand the Protocols. I just believed it called for me to make a bone-headed decision at that point. Sometimes, just sometimes you have to face the Kobayashi Maru. And my "crime" was so minor that there would a quite a bit of pressure for him to quit going on about it too.' she replied a little icily, making it obvious that this was more a "calculated risk" than simple belligerence.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:41 pm

'Insulting is different, sir. Flavian's stupidity - if unchecked - could have led to people dying, including me. And if they tried everyone who ever gave a "superior" a bit of sass, the waiting-list would be like fifteen year. Plus, would the Order of Hermes really let themselves be seen as being this anal and petty?'

"No they do not put everyone who have given a superior a bit of sass on trial as not every mage will bother to do so, electing usually to ignore the younger mage, however the thing is here that someone more powerful than you who want to put you on trial for a bit of sass can. Also again, going into battle is voluntary, politely excusing yourself as not being comfortable being in a combat situation with someone you do not trust is fully legal, either that or taking this up with a superior who could then have talked with Flavian would have been acceptable solutions Miss Bouchard, being rude towards a superior however is not, and the Order of Hermes are generally far more concerned with the Protocols and decorum being kept than how one Hermetic behaves, he might be corrected by his superiors again if they felt he embarrassed the Order, it would not be for a lesser mage to do so."
George replied.

Then sir, the law is an ass. And sometimes a trial has to happen to make it obvious that it is to all. Also, he wasn't showing any knowledge at all at that point, nor had he shown himself to be my "superior".'

"There have been many, many such trials child, often for worse reasons than your spat with Flavian one more such trial would accomplish nothing other than getting yourself punished, nor would it be a path to change a law you disagree with."
The old Hermetic said with a soft sigh.
"Mr Flavian had identified himself as an Adeptus, and your rank is Disciple, that in the eyes of the Traditions are all that matters, we we know there was things he was hiding but at the time, he was simply a more powerful mage than you the single most important measure of rank and respect in the Traditions is how much raw magickal power you have. Now perhaps this should be changed, but just ignoring the law is not the way to go about it."

If "completely taking their side" is "having my back", I damn well don't want to know what being against me is like.' Nicole retorted. 'And I only care about stupidity when it directly threatens to get people killed. Nor is the First Protocol like, enforced that rigidly. Well, usually. Chances are, if he'd pressed for a full court-marshal one of his seniors would have told him to quit being such a jerk and just accept the non-apology apology.'

There was another sigh then the old mage said.
"I was not there to see the argument itself, but from what I have been told, no member of your Cabal have taken Flavian's side over yours, but they have however like I am pointed out that the way you went about things was wrong. I do not think a single member of your Cabal do not and did not think Mr Flavian was a rude and crude man, however they are both concerned about you getting yourself into trouble, and what you getting yourself sentenced at a Tribunal might do to their loved ones. Remember Miss Bouchard that your Cabal is connected to no less than three young magi who's lives and souls depends on the standing of their magical families. Mr Roth Hicks brother could be sentenced to Gilgul and death, if a Tritunal think young Kyle's brother is a member of a rebellious and dangerous Cabal that will lessen the boy's chances drastically. Mr Wainwright's apprentice might suffer a similar fate if her Mentor's standing should drop, being part of a Cabal that constantly get into trouble will cause his standing in the Traditions to drop. Lastly your own Cabalmate Miss Alexander is not safe until her re sentencing is complete. You might be willing to ignore an unfair law and face the consequences Miss Bouchard, however that your Cabalmates are not willing to risk their loved ones do not mean they are not standing with you. All anyone have ever done is trying to convince you that your actions was indeed illegal, and that there was allot better ways to go about Mr Flavian if you indeed did not trust him."
The old archmage sigh.
"The truth of the matter Miss Bouchard is that our leaders are for the most part centuries old, and our laws go back to 1420 that means that not everything in the Traditions will be fair, however change is hard and often we can not agree on even the simplest of matters, much less agreeing on changing a whole Protocol."

'Why not? They'd know Prov, have contacts and stuff. Plus, it'll take a best part of an hour for help from Boston to arrive.'

"Because you and Mr Roth Hicks would be sleepers at the time, few Chantries are willing to take in two sleepers as that could put them in danger. Also with teleporting getting help from Boston do not take an hour. Like I said I can ask but getting help from a non allied Chantry will take some time in negotiation."

'"Hearing" and "doing something about it" two completely different things.'

"Yes there is a chance a whole street full of sleepers would hear gunshots from the sewers and all of them would choose to ignore this, not call the authorities and just get on with their day, however I see little reason to take that risk Miss Bouchard when we have simpler, more quiet methods to deal with the assassin."
George replied.

Why don't he simply shoot me as soon as we're in a alley or something?'

"It is hard to say, perhaps he simply do not want to be arrested by the police or attract trouble before he have finished his task."
The old archmage said.

'And that matters... because?'

"It matters because if we can avoid dealing with sleeper authorities we will do so Miss Bouchard and we do nto want to be blatant and risk calling the attention on the Union down onto our heads, especially when a spell in this case are easier and more subtle than using a firearm."
The Deacon Primus replied with a sigh.

'I understand the Protocols. I just believed it called for me to make a bone-headed decision at that point. Sometimes, just sometimes you have to face the Kobayashi Maru. And my "crime" was so minor that there would a quite a bit of pressure for him to quit going on about it too.' she replied a little icily, making it obvious that this was more a "calculated risk" than simple belligerence.

"Actually Miss Bouchard magi have been Branded for less offense than you gave. Remember what I said about laws from 1420, the Tradition's justice system is old. Do not think of it like a random person on the street being rude towards a richer, higher status person think of it like a medieval craftsman being rude towards his feudal lord and the reaction that would get. Yes most likely the matter would have resolved with a minor punishment such a Censure, perhaps a fine or you having to express a public apology, but it could end allot worse as well. When I was a young man, I saw a man flogged for accidentally splattering mud onto a noble woman's dress as he rode past her on the road, this was considered an offense against her husband, and it is in that spirit our laws was formed, only instead of nobility being determined by birth, it is determined by skill and power with magick."
"Jeffry was flogged a few decades ago when he attacked another Chantry to free two hedge wizards held there in indentured servitude against their will, he did not have apprentices who could end up hurt by his actions at the time, and so we his Cabal supported his actions however if he had stubbornly refused to see that his actions was indeed illegal we might have tried to explain that to him first, as it was he committed the deed and took his lashes like a man, and in another situation your Cabal would likely be willing to let you do the same if you want to in order to defy a law you see is wrong but they would want to make sure you know you are comitting a crime first."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:01 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'So... run off to tell teach? Always? Do I look like the kind of person who would do that?'

Anja's Post:

'Then you have made a system which prizes conformity and ass-kissing, sir over actual ability and drive. For usually the ones who have the skills needed are the ones who leave first.' Nicole replied. 'Sometimes you have to stand up and call it out, even if it puts you at risk.'

Anja's Post:

'You are asking the impossible, sir. I do not do "quiet doormat conformity". If I did I wouldn't be here period. It's quite literally not in my DNA to do so.' Nicole protested. 'And I know a blade in the back when I see it.'

Anja's Post:

'And? Change only ever happens when folks force the issue. Otherwise we end up with a forever of "yes, perhaps tomorrow" and guess what, tomorrow never comes.' Nicole retorted, perhaps unconsciously paraphrasing Dr King.

Anja's Post:

'What, that's the argument - lots of dead people can't be wrong?'

Anja's Post:

'Erm, I do realise what I did was technically illegal, sir. My argument is that the law is being wrongly interpreted and this issue is too minor to be worth following up.'

Anja's Post:

'It would only be like for a couple of hours, sir. And isn't it possible to explain that our survival is important to the future?'

Anja's Post:

'So, what's the plan then? I have to evade a killer who could be anyone 'till reinforcements come?'

[If there's any justice, Nicks' the reincarnation of a senior Craftmason. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Nicole wrote:'Why don't he simply shoot me as soon as we're in a alley or something?'
Anja wrote:"It is hard to say, perhaps he simply do not want to be arrested by the police or attract trouble before he have finished his task."
The old archmage said.
Colin shrugged, "The man would have to get you into the alley first... As I said, I suspect your teenage self would not be so easily compelled by a firearm in public."

Anja wrote:"If you could teach such a rote to Master Nassa that would be most useful Mr Wainwright."
George said.
"And if you can share it with our young friend's minds that would offer them some protection. I also tend to agree that it was more than a gun involved when it comes to getting the younger Miss Bouchard and Mr Roth Hicks where the assassin wanted them to go."
He nodded, "I'll work on it with Mr. Yager, then, once Mr. Roth Hicks comes along."

Nicole wrote:'Insulting is different, sir. Flavian's stupidity - if unchecked - could have led to people dying, including me. And if they tried everyone who ever gave a "superior" a bit of sass, the waiting-list would be like fifteen year. Plus, would the Order of Hermes really let themselves be seen as being this anal and petty?'
Anja wrote:"No they do not put everyone who have given a superior a bit of sass on trial as not every mage will bother to do so, electing usually to ignore the younger mage, however the thing is here that someone more powerful than you who want to put you on trial for a bit of sass can. Also again, going into battle is voluntary, politely excusing yourself as not being comfortable being in a combat situation with someone you do not trust is fully legal, either that or taking this up with a superior who could then have talked with Flavian would have been acceptable solutions Miss Bouchard, being rude towards a superior however is not, and the Order of Hermes are generally far more concerned with the Protocols and decorum being kept than how one Hermetic behaves, he might be corrected by his superiors again if they felt he embarrassed the Order, it would not be for a lesser mage to do so."
George replied.
Nicole wrote:'So... run off to tell teach? Always? Do I look like the kind of person who would do that?'
He frowned and gave George an apologetic look, "With all due respect to the individual in question, the most dearly beloved Seat of Forces, who happens to be Flavian's grandmentor, does seem inclined to reinforce any impression others might have of the Order being quite so anal and petty. And while you're not the type to run off and tell the teacher, discretion is the better part of valor; some battles require you to take a step back and get better intel before committing to."

Nicole wrote:'Then sir, the law is an ass. And sometimes a trial has to happen to make it obvious that it is to all. Also, he wasn't showing any knowledge at all at that point, nor had he shown himself to be my "superior".'
Anja wrote:"There have been many, many such trials child, often for worse reasons than your spat with Flavian one more such trial would accomplish nothing other than getting yourself punished, nor would it be a path to change a law you disagree with."
The old Hermetic said with a soft sigh.
"Mr Flavian had identified himself as an Adeptus, and your rank is Disciple, that in the eyes of the Traditions are all that matters, we we know there was things he was hiding but at the time, he was simply a more powerful mage than you the single most important measure of rank and respect in the Traditions is how much raw magickal power you have. Now perhaps this should be changed, but just ignoring the law is not the way to go about it."
Nicole wrote:'Then you have made a system which prizes conformity and ass-kissing, sir over actual ability and drive. For usually the ones who have the skills needed are the ones who leave first.' Nicole replied. 'Sometimes you have to stand up and call it out, even if it puts you at risk.'
He frowned, "Normally, I would be in complete agreement with you, Miss Bouchard, the Protocols, and precedential law, is rather hidebound and rigid, and needs some serious revision and modernisation - however, you also need to consider that the backlash may hit others than just yourself."

Nicole wrote:'If "completely taking their side" is "having my back", I damn well don't want to know what being against me is like.' Nicole retorted. 'And I only care about stupidity when it directly threatens to get people killed. Nor is the First Protocol like, enforced that rigidly. Well, usually. Chances are, if he'd pressed for a full court-marshal one of his seniors would have told him to quit being such a jerk and just accept the non-apology apology.'
Anja wrote:There was another sigh then the old mage said.
"I was not there to see the argument itself, but from what I have been told, no member of your Cabal have taken Flavian's side over yours, but they have however like I am pointed out that the way you went about things was wrong. I do not think a single member of your Cabal do not and did not think Mr Flavian was a rude and crude man, however they are both concerned about you getting yourself into trouble, and what you getting yourself sentenced at a Tribunal might do to their loved ones. Remember Miss Bouchard that your Cabal is connected to no less than three young magi who's lives and souls depends on the standing of their magical families. Mr Roth Hicks brother could be sentenced to Gilgul and death, if a Tritunal think young Kyle's brother is a member of a rebellious and dangerous Cabal that will lessen the boy's chances drastically. Mr Wainwright's apprentice might suffer a similar fate if her Mentor's standing should drop, being part of a Cabal that constantly get into trouble will cause his standing in the Traditions to drop. Lastly your own Cabalmate Miss Alexander is not safe until her re sentencing is complete. You might be willing to ignore an unfair law and face the consequences Miss Bouchard, however that your Cabalmates are not willing to risk their loved ones do not mean they are not standing with you. All anyone have ever done is trying to convince you that your actions was indeed illegal, and that there was allot better ways to go about Mr Flavian if you indeed did not trust him."
The old archmage sigh.
"The truth of the matter Miss Bouchard is that our leaders are for the most part centuries old, and our laws go back to 1420 that means that not everything in the Traditions will be fair, however change is hard and often we can not agree on even the simplest of matters, much less agreeing on changing a whole Protocol."
Nicole wrote:'You are asking the impossible, sir. I do not do "quiet doormat conformity". If I did I wouldn't be here period. It's quite literally not in my DNA to do so.' Nicole protested. 'And I know a blade in the back when I see it.'

'And? Change only ever happens when folks force the issue. Otherwise we end up with a forever of "yes, perhaps tomorrow" and guess what, tomorrow never comes.' Nicole retorted, perhaps unconsciously paraphrasing Dr King.
He frowned, "This change is needed, and the issue must be forced. However, we cannot expect to succeed by trying to repeat the October Revolution, when the very individuals in power individually have the personal power to level planes of existence in their own right. It would be like trying to march an army through a forest fire, with only ballistic protection. No-one is asking you to do 'quiet doormat conformity', just to pick your battles and attack vectors with some more discretion. Like Mr. Karyak made a few... diplomatic mistakes, requiring a few apologetic letters and compensation two months ago, we managed to pull his rather oblivious posterior out of the firepit he was digging for himself, and we're trying to do the same for you. You say you know a blade in the back when you see it, but every now and then, an ego must be stroked, and a minor punishment assigned to avoid a greater problem. The blade in your back may well be one of those theatrical trick knives, after all, that only look as though they've cut deep."

Nicole wrote:'I understand the Protocols. I just believed it called for me to make a bone-headed decision at that point. Sometimes, just sometimes you have to face the Kobayashi Maru. And my "crime" was so minor that there would a quite a bit of pressure for him to quit going on about it too.' she replied a little icily, making it obvious that this was more a "calculated risk" than simple belligerence.
Anja wrote:"Actually Miss Bouchard magi have been Branded for less offense than you gave. Remember what I said about laws from 1420, the Tradition's justice system is old. Do not think of it like a random person on the street being rude towards a richer, higher status person think of it like a medieval craftsman being rude towards his feudal lord and the reaction that would get. Yes most likely the matter would have resolved with a minor punishment such a Censure, perhaps a fine or you having to express a public apology, but it could end allot worse as well. When I was a young man, I saw a man flogged for accidentally splattering mud onto a noble woman's dress as he rode past her on the road, this was considered an offense against her husband, and it is in that spirit our laws was formed, only instead of nobility being determined by birth, it is determined by skill and power with magick."
"Jeffry was flogged a few decades ago when he attacked another Chantry to free two hedge wizards held there in indentured servitude against their will, he did not have apprentices who could end up hurt by his actions at the time, and so we his Cabal supported his actions however if he had stubbornly refused to see that his actions was indeed illegal we might have tried to explain that to him first, as it was he committed the deed and took his lashes like a man, and in another situation your Cabal would likely be willing to let you do the same if you want to in order to defy a law you see is wrong but they would want to make sure you know you are comitting a crime first."
Nicole wrote:'What, that's the argument - lots of dead people can't be wrong?'

'Erm, I do realise what I did was technically illegal, sir. My argument is that the law is being wrongly interpreted and this issue is too minor to be worth following up.'
He grinned wryly, "Some people - a certain Senior Quaesitor in particular - would be all too glad to interpret the law in the manner least favorable to this Chantry, so she could have the flimsiest of excuses to do unpleasantnesses to us. To me in particular. I managed to get out of the complaint she filed against me for the Avatar injury after she tried to grope mine, and the disrespect charge was ameliorated to a fine and a letter of apology. So I had my own lawyer look over the letter to make sure it would pass muster - but any British individual reading it would understand the phrase 'I hope this unfortunate affair won't repeat itself, and I hope you've not suffered lasting injury' for exactly what it means. To paraphrase Sun Tzu, you must make sure your own position is unassailable, and be prepared for what your opponent might do. The lecture on the Protocols will include a hearty share of malicious compliance, not to worry."

Anja wrote:"I can give a few old friends a call and see if I can find someone to help us with that problem Mr Wainwright."
George said then he nodded.
"Well no doubt it is not comfortable, even so having a means to offer hope to infernalists who want out of their Investments could be most valuable."
He said before emptying his teacup and putting the cup down on the plate.
He sighed, "Yes, for some reason, I get the feeling there will be a steady stream of people with severe buyer's remorse coming along once word gets out..."

((OOC: If there's any poetic justice, Nick's the reincarnation of Tytalus the Founder. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:35 pm

Colin wrote:He pondered, "Given that we don't know the individual, it might actually be a benefit to us, as well - I can try to teach Master Nassa a spell I've used for some time; a way to sense approach vectors well before impact. For some reason, that one seemed like a very important thing to develop from the start... That, or with Mr. Yager's help, I can try to share the effect with the minds of Mr. Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard before they go, so they can sense when someone is approaching them. Hum... There's some reason to assume the assassin might have some means of mental compulsion, too, to convince them to go where he wants. I'm not sure the threat of a gun would work on Miss Bouchard..."
Anja wrote:"If you could teach such a rote to Master Nassa that would be most useful Mr Wainwright."
George said.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I'll work on it with Mr. Yager, then, once Mr. Roth Hicks comes along."

"I mean, I can try. Trying to send a spell to a person mind in the past is a getting a bit far out there though." Serge added. "If you cast it on Adley and Nicole now, then me sending their minds to the past might probably bring the spell along with it."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Who's Bad Luck Brian? In any case, I believe Master Nassa will be crucial to bring, for the original execution plan, and because he could find the man again from a drop of blood from the car accident, if needed, should the first attempt fail. Lady Mara... might be able to help coordinate things with her kin from this time, without going then in person."
Anja wrote:"I believe it is Miss Bouchard's nickname for our unfortunate assassin."
"I agree Master Nassa is crucial, both for his ability to track someone through blood and for is impressive combat abilities, he will be able to keep the kids safe, but yes it is possible Mara can coordinate the decoys with her fey friends from the present, she is less bound by time than the rest of us."

"It's the meme guy but let's not get into more youth internet culture now." Serge said looking amused.

Nicole wrote:'He was mainly stamping his feet and whinging about not being respected, sir. The kind of person who does that is usually not worth respecting. The man was a petty bully; bet there's quite a few folks sharpening the knives for him now. And I expect my cabal to have my back on this, like they can expect me to be watching their back. Not putting a blade in it.' here the tone and poise making it rather obvious that she felt betrayed.

"Wha-? I nearly got frosted by Ms. Mar for trying to argue that you were a good person when she was angry enough to tear you limb from limb." Serge said looking a little hurt himself.

Nicole wrote:'So, what's the plan then? I have to evade a killer who could be anyone 'till reinforcements come?'

"Well, if we didn't kill him with the first plan, you and Adley would be in the chantry. And the killer would be killing decoys." Serge replied.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:17 pm

So... run off to tell teach? Always? Do I look like the kind of person who would do that?'

"It depends child, do you wish to accomplish something, or do you wish to scream and shout and be either ignored or punished for impudence, sometimes we all have to ask for help."
George said patiently.

Then you have made a system which prizes conformity and ass-kissing, sir over actual ability and drive. For usually the ones who have the skills needed are the ones who leave first.' Nicole replied. 'Sometimes you have to stand up and call it out, even if it puts you at risk.'

"As I have said, the laws are flawed and in need of revision Miss Bouchard. However your assessment is pretty flawed as well as we have quite a few accomplished magi among our ranks, however to be able to get more young Orphans to join the Traditions over staying on their own or joining another faction yes we need to modernize. However your actions did nothing to bring the Traditions towards modernizing, and you was not the only one who was put at risk. This is why I told you the story of my own Cabalmate's deeds, he saved to abused hedge wizards, even if the law forbid it and he paid the price, but he was in a position to take that risk on his own and his own back bore the blows, at the moment Miss Bouchard if Mr Flavian had not proven to be an infiernalist, you might have had to apologize for your deeds and pay a fine but it would be your Cabalmate, or another Cabalmate's brother or yet anther's apprentice that bore the blows, or this Chantry if our guests had left and refused to aid us further due to how one of their own was treated and then you have to ask was your defiance at the moment, instead of finding another way to deal with Mr Flavian worth that risk?"

You are asking the impossible, sir. I do not do "quiet doormat conformity". If I did I wouldn't be here period. It's quite literally not in my DNA to do so.' Nicole protested. 'And I know a blade in the back when I see it.'

"No one is asking you to Miss Bouchard, what is being asked of you is being smarter about it, and in the process accomplishing more that out right defiance in the moment get you. As your Cabalmate here say he have found ways to bring far more powerful magi to heel, without ever being impolite or stepping...much...outside the bounds of the law."
George said softly.
"And not approving of you breaking the law and putting their loved ones at risk, is not stabbing you in the back, it is protecting said loved ones child, yourself included."

And? Change only ever happens when folks force the issue. Otherwise we end up with a forever of "yes, perhaps tomorrow" and guess what, tomorrow never comes.' Nicole retorted, perhaps unconsciously paraphrasing Dr King.

"Oh indeed so Miss Bouchard, and if you wish to work to change an unfair law, you will have this Chantry's support, but just being a rude rebel screaming at a more powerful magi will at best get you ignored at worst stepped on, the laws can be changed but you have to be smart about it."
The old Hermetic replied.

What, that's the argument - lots of dead people can't be wrong?'

"If you had listened to my words child, this is not what I have said, I have said the laws are unfair and need to be renewed what have been said is that acting like a petulant child will not accomplish anything but putting yourself and your Cabal in danger, that at times you have to work within the system in order to change it."
George replied sounding rather tired.

"Miss Bouchard I realize you are not one of my Sodalis, you might not know the significance of my House, but I am of House Guernicus, and for centuries I served the Order of Hermes and the Traditions as a Quesitor, an Enforcer of both the Code of Hermes and the Protocols and while I gave up the title of Quesitor in the 1920's in order to become the Deacon Primus of my newly founded Chantry I do believe I can claim a certain grasp of the laws of the Traditions and I am telling you young lady that while many would let such an insult pass and ignore it, there are many who would not and a Tribunal would not consider it to be beneath notice."
"It is a breach of the First Protocol after all, the First Protocol Miss Bouchard."

It would only be like for a couple of hours, sir. And isn't it possible to explain that our survival is important to the future?'

"And both of these are arguments I would use when negotiating with a suitable Chantry, it would still take quite some times and promises of favors owed and if the other Chantry sense we are desperate the price they demand of us will be high, it will be simpler and faster to send help from Steelhaven."
George replied.

'So, what's the plan then? I have to evade a killer who could be anyone 'till reinforcements come?'

"Again the plan was explained to you Miss Bouchard, your mind and that of Mr Roth Hicks will be send back to your younger selves, Master Nassa and one other will be sent back to try to kill the assassin before he can do any harm, if that fail they will protect you and Mr Roth Hicks and get you to safety and then deal with the Assassin."
The old Guernicus repeated.

He nodded, "I'll work on it with Mr. Yager, then, once Mr. Roth Hicks comes along."

"That do sound like a plan yes Mr Wainwright."
George replied.

He frowned and gave George an apologetic look, "With all due respect to the individual in question, the most dearly beloved Seat of Forces, who happens to be Flavian's grandmentor, does seem inclined to reinforce any impression others might have of the Order being quite so anal and petty. And while you're not the type to run off and tell the teacher, discretion is the better part of valor; some battles require you to take a step back and get better intel before committing to."

The Deacon Primus gave an understanding nod and let the Orphan try to explain things to his Cabalmate.

He grinned wryly, "Some people - a certain Senior Quaesitor in particular - would be all too glad to interpret the law in the manner least favorable to this Chantry, so she could have the flimsiest of excuses to do unpleasantnesses to us. To me in particular. I managed to get out of the complaint she filed against me for the Avatar injury after she tried to grope mine, and the disrespect charge was ameliorated to a fine and a letter of apology. So I had my own lawyer look over the letter to make sure it would pass muster - but any British individual reading it would understand the phrase 'I hope this unfortunate affair won't repeat itself, and I hope you've not suffered lasting injury' for exactly what it means. To paraphrase Sun Tzu, you must make sure your own position is unassailable, and be prepared for what your opponent might do. The lecture on the Protocols will include a hearty share of malicious compliance, not to worry."

"Indeed we are in a delicate position Miss Bouchard and some care need to be taken and yes Mr Wainwright's apology letter to Quesitor D'Angelo is exactly what I mean, it was polite in the extreme but also made the point he was trying to get at very clear. No one is asking anyone to be a doormat, what is being asked is that no one just ignore the Protocols as they see fit with no concern for who it might hurt."
George said with an agreeing nod.

He sighed, "Yes, for some reason, I get the feeling there will be a steady stream of people with severe buyer's remorse coming along once word gets out..."

"Indeed so and this will weaken our foes and free many from unholy bondage while at the same time it might bring you and by extension this Chantry a rise in standing, it is a win for everyone, well other than the inhuman being these poor souls are contracted to."
The Deacon Primus said approvingly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:23 pm

"I mean, I can try. Trying to send a spell to a person mind in the past is a getting a bit far out there though." Serge added. "If you cast it on Adley and Nicole now, then me sending their minds to the past might probably bring the spell along with it."

"Let me worry about sending the spell back in time and you worry about sending our young friends minds back, including any spells worked on them."
George said with a bit of a smile.
"Getting out there now now child, are not you the one who are driven by imagination child."
He asked with a fond chuckle.

"It's the meme guy but let's not get into more youth internet culture now." Serge said looking amused.

The Deacon Primus raised an eyebrow at this.
"Yes indeed let us move on to other matters child."

"Well, if we didn't kill him with the first plan, you and Adley would be in the chantry. And the killer would be killing decoys." Serge replied.

"Indeed so."
The old Hermetic said.
"A simple plan, but hopefully it will work well enough."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:37 pm

[Infirmary]

madeus said as he undid the boy's straps to get him out of the bed then he looked at Adley. "Do we need to tie his hands behind his back again to take him down to my room?"

"We should probably make a pit stop at the restroom too...as for that, well, I would not wish to break my orders but he probably could use a a break when we get back too for a bit."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:26 pm

[Infirmary]

"Very well we take the boy to my apartment then and release his fingers so he can relieve himself snd stretch them out a bit before securing him to the bed."
Amadeus said then he looked at Thomas.
"This way then Mr Griffith..."
The young Void Engineer looked at the tall, old healer and nodded.
"Okey."
He muttered and he started walking out of the infirmary looked at the many wounded and tortured and he shivered.
"Thank Dr Lee."
He muttered before he left with Amadeus close behind. Richard just nodded as he tried to get something out of the spine of one unfortunate man without harming him.

You got to Amadeus apartment and was let in, there was herb bundles hanging in the windows, an altar sat along one wall, together with shelves of books, a comfortable but old set of living room furniture was there and a small table near the door. Here and there was pictures on the walls, pictures of Beatrice and pictures of others the old Verbena had known in his long life. The apartment smelled like herbs and plants as the place also had many living flowers and herbal plants standing on every surface.
"The bathroom is through there kid."
Amadeus said and he nodded then he turned to Adley.
"If you release his fingers so he can relieve himself without needing aid we can stand guard at the door while he...answers nature's call."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next