Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:41 pm

[Common Room 1:15]

"Very well," he said, and began counting off people into their groups, then seeing what the situation with the cars would be.

You would need four or five cars, probably best to take a few extra in case you needed to transport something back.

"We're meeting some people there..." he said, then looked around for his sora's bastet friend, and anyone else that might be missing that was supposed to go, and wasn't arrested.

You saw a small, brown cat laying on top of one of the chairs purring that was probably Gabriella. Jon came into the room as you where getting an overview, you did not notice him at first though but then he was just there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:03 am

[Villa 1]
Anja wrote:Chris nodded he sigh and looked down.
"I understand what you mean Mr Wainwright, well as much as anyone who have not been through something like that can understand. It is not like I have never been hurt, I have been shot twice fighting Technocrats...that hurt, but I have not been hurt like that, but I think I understand some of what you are saying non the less but even so damn...I am pretty sure I still would be hinding under the bed if somethign hurt my Avatar. I do not even take part in Core Wars for that reason I do nto want my Core harmed."
Colin nodded, touching the scars on his face, "Quite... I Awakened in a manner most unpleasant and dramatic, myself; an Albedo, as the Alchemists would count it. I spent quite a few years coming to grips with that trauma, while at the same time learning to adjust to civilian life and life as a Mage... I can't participate in Core Wars, not out of concern for my own Avatar, but because my Avatar would utterly shred any opponent. Oh, people have tried to hurt my Avatar in this life, but it hasn't tended to work out to their benefit. It was painful, certainly, but my Avatar is as indestructible as they can get. There are other Avatars, however, for which I am deathly concerned. My fears are not for my own well-being, but for others - that probably is a larger factor in my not hiding under the bed than the mere fact that I've endured pain before."

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps not gone and forgotten but they ripped me out of my host as he lay screaming and destroyed me, for no other reason than him being born, no there are to much suffering in this world, to much injustice it should end."
The Shard hissed.
"No I am nto forgotten, and there remain a tiny sliver but it is just a shadow of the glorious being I once was, and my host is gone, long dead and buried, he died in pain, he suffered and so many others suffer this world is cruel, it is wrong."
He nodded, "There is cruelty and wrongness in the world, but there's not too much suffering and injustice. In one's darkest moments, it is easy to lose sight of the light, but the light is still there. You are but a shadow, but how could there be a shadow if there was no light?"
He frowned, "So much of the suffering is caused by the Outsider Things, who do not understand the Light in any other way than that it hurts them, and they in turn seek to hurt anything and everything of the Light, so that everything of the Light can become an inverted reflection of things that no longer can be, just like them... I can't just allow that to happen, I must fight to make the world better, healthier, less cruel and more just..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:57 am

[Amadeus's rooms, 1 15 am]

Anja wrote:"We have all had a rough day I just want to help out."
Bianca said as Richard knocked on the door and then came in.
"How are you doing Miss Rozzo?"
He asked seeing that the hedge wizard was up he went over to the sofa.
"Ok if you will let me check your pulse?"
He asked and Bianca nodded and held out her wrist. Your Cabalmate gave a nod to Serge before he started working.
"Hum...well you need rest Miss Rozzo but you should be fine."
The Doctor commented,.
"Any discomfort?"
"No I am fine, I just feel a bit dizzy."

"How's Master Nassa doing?" Serge asked his cabalmate. "Is he doing all right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:43 am

[Villa 1]

Colin nodded, touching the scars on his face, "Quite... I Awakened in a manner most unpleasant and dramatic, myself; an Albedo, as the Alchemists would count it. I spent quite a few years coming to grips with that trauma, while at the same time learning to adjust to civilian life and life as a Mage...

"Was you in a fire? If you don't mind me asking?"
Chris asked and he glanced at your face for a moment.
"That must have hurt allot, and you Awakened at that...well shit...for me it was when I wrote a program, just a simple thing to make some tasks easier and then I could see past the code...see how the information linked up to all other information in the world in creation and how I could create programs to change the world, hack reality, that was overwealming but even so it was a peaceful Awakening, it sound slike yours was quite brutal Mr Wainwright."

I can't participate in Core Wars, not out of concern for my own Avatar, but because my Avatar would utterly shred any opponent. Oh, people have tried to hurt my Avatar in this life, but it hasn't tended to work out to their benefit. It was painful, certainly, but my Avatar is as indestructible as they can get. There are other Avatars, however, for which I am deathly concerned. My fears are not for my own well-being, but for others - that probably is a larger factor in my not hiding under the bed than the mere fact that I've endured pain before."

"Well shit...I guess that a shard cluster would be a danger to other Avatars if they threathened it, I mean Avatar shards are sharp."
The Virtual Adept said with a nod.
"Yeah i get that being concerned about others, for me noen of my friend's Avatars are in danger but I am pretty good at just teleporting away from danger, others are not as good as just getting away from anything that might threathen them. So yes I worry for others as well."

[Villa 1 30]

He nodded, "There is cruelty and wrongness in the world, but there's not too much suffering and injustice. In one's darkest moments, it is easy to lose sight of the light, but the light is still there. You are but a shadow, but how could there be a shadow if there was no light?"

"There is light, but not enough light to make up for all the darkness and all the suffering."
The Shard replied.
"What is the point of a bit of slight when where is so much darkness?"

He frowned, "So much of the suffering is caused by the Outsider Things, who do not understand the Light in any other way than that it hurts them, and they in turn seek to hurt anything and everything of the Light, so that everything of the Light can become an inverted reflection of things that no longer can be, just like them... I can't just allow that to happen, I must fight to make the world better, healthier, less cruel and more just..."

"It was not the Outsider Things that arrested my Host, it was nto the Outsider Things that made his Cabal turn their back on him and let him suffer in fear alone during his trial and sentencing. It was not the Outsider Things that threw my host in a cell where he could not use magick and left him there the shiver in the dark. It was not the Outsider things that beat him because they hated what he had been born as. It was not the Outsider Things who stripped his body named and bound him, and then dragged him to the Main Sentencing form as he screamed and wept and begged them not to do it. It was not the Outsider Things that help him down as the Spirit Masters ripped me out of him and destroyed me, as he screamed, and screamed and screamed, the last I remember is my host screaming, the Outsider Things did non of that."
The Shard challanged bitterly.

[Amadeus's rooms, 1 15 am]

"How's Master Nassa doing?" Serge asked his cabalmate. "Is he doing all right?"

"Master Nassa is back on his feet, he have a headache but is allright."
Richard said as he examined Bianca. The hedge wich smiled.
"Thagt is good to hear."
She muttered she still looked weak but was getting better.
"It is and so are you Miss Rozzo you are fine but you should rest."
"Thanks doc, can I still help out watching over Thomas so they do nto have to give him a guard who can be useful other places?"
"yes, that should be fine but let someone know if you feel unwell."
Richard said and Bianca looked at Serge.
"I guess that settle it, I am okey."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:06 am

[Villa 1]
Anja wrote:"Was you in a fire? If you don't mind me asking?"
Chris asked and he glanced at your face for a moment.
"That must have hurt allot, and you Awakened at that...well shit...for me it was when I wrote a program, just a simple thing to make some tasks easier and then I could see past the code...see how the information linked up to all other information in the world in creation and how I could create programs to change the world, hack reality, that was overwealming but even so it was a peaceful Awakening, it sound slike yours was quite brutal Mr Wainwright."
Colin shook his head, "Helicopter pilot, RAF... I took a Stinger missile to the face in Iraq. Brutal indeed."

Anja wrote:"Well shit...I guess that a shard cluster would be a danger to other Avatars if they threathened it, I mean Avatar shards are sharp."
The Virtual Adept said with a nod.
"Yeah i get that being concerned about others, for me noen of my friend's Avatars are in danger but I am pretty good at just teleporting away from danger, others are not as good as just getting away from anything that might threathen them. So yes I worry for others as well."
He nodded, "My daughter Anna, my Cabalmate Miss Alexander, and Chief Morgan's youngest apprentice... they are all in danger, and that helps drive me out of lethargy and terror. I haven't considered my own survival a 'victory condition', as it were, in years, but those three? Oh, I do want to live, but those three are more important to secure than myself."

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"There is light, but not enough light to make up for all the darkness and all the suffering."
The Shard replied.
"What is the point of a bit of slight when where is so much darkness?"
He shook his head, "Because so long as the light is not extinguished, we can make it stronger, brighter, greater... the darkness always shies away from the light."

Anja wrote:"It was not the Outsider Things that arrested my Host, it was nto the Outsider Things that made his Cabal turn their back on him and let him suffer in fear alone during his trial and sentencing. It was not the Outsider Things that threw my host in a cell where he could not use magick and left him there the shiver in the dark. It was not the Outsider things that beat him because they hated what he had been born as. It was not the Outsider Things who stripped his body named and bound him, and then dragged him to the Main Sentencing form as he screamed and wept and begged them not to do it. It was not the Outsider Things that help him down as the Spirit Masters ripped me out of him and destroyed me, as he screamed, and screamed and screamed, the last I remember is my host screaming, the Outsider Things did non of that."
The Shard challanged bitterly.
He frowned, "No... that was the Traditions, fearing what the Outsider Things might drive you to do, given time... Eventually, I will try to make them answer for that; it seems more and more like the worst case scenario they assume to be invariable and inevitable is... not so much so. More so in that a Fallen Avatar does not have to remain Fallen..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:41 am

[Villa 1]

Colin shook his head, "Helicopter pilot, RAF... I took a Stinger missile to the face in Iraq. Brutal indeed."

"Ah...well...ehm shit that must have hurt."
Chris said with a frown.
"How did you even survive that Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded, "My daughter Anna, my Cabalmate Miss Alexander, and Chief Morgan's youngest apprentice... they are all in danger, and that helps drive me out of lethargy and terror. I haven't considered my own survival a 'victory condition', as it were, in years, but those three? Oh, I do want to live, but those three are more important to secure than myself."

"I heard about what happened to Miss Alexander, I think that the entire Tribunal heard about it, poor girl but she is a widderslainte is she not?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"How is the young lady doing? Your daugther is in trouble I am sorry to hear that, I do not know who this Kyle is but I hope the ones you want to protect stay safe Mr Wainwright."

[Villa 1 30]

He shook his head, "Because so long as the light is not extinguished, we can make it stronger, brighter, greater... the darkness always shies away from the light."

"There is not enough light to grow my new host, only darkness, suffering, selfishness and pain."
The Shard muttered sadly.

He frowned, "No... that was the Traditions, fearing what the Outsider Things might drive you to do, given time... Eventually, I will try to make them answer for that; it seems more and more like the worst case scenario they assume to be invariable and inevitable is... not so much so. More so in that a Fallen Avatar does not have to remain Fallen..."

"Perhaps so, we are a mage my host, nothing is impossible, some things are just harder to acomplish."
The Shard whispered.
"But I do not want to not be Fallen, to be Fallen is the only thing that makes sense, this existence, the endless suffering have to stop, it would be better if existence had never been."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:08 pm

[Villa 1]
Anja wrote:"Ah...well...ehm shit that must have hurt."
Chris said with a frown.
"How did you even survive that Mr Wainwright?"
Colin grinned and tapped his chest with a wink, "I had a bit of help that was quite invested in my continued survival."

Anja wrote:"I heard about what happened to Miss Alexander, I think that the entire Tribunal heard about it, poor girl but she is a widderslainte is she not?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"How is the young lady doing? Your daugther is in trouble I am sorry to hear that, I do not know who this Kyle is but I hope the ones you want to protect stay safe Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "Miss Alexander is recovering... with remarkable speed, even."
He arched an eyebrow, "I didn't mention Kyle's name, though..."

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"There is not enough light to grow my new host, only darkness, suffering, selfishness and pain."
The Shard muttered sadly.
He replied softly, "It only seems that way, because you can scarcely see a single pinprick of it... but there are many such little glimmers, like drops of water faintly reflecting starlight on a moonless night. And like those drops of water, they can be joined together to become a greater lake, ready to glitter as one when the sun rises."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps so, we are a mage my host, nothing is impossible, some things are just harder to acomplish."
The Shard whispered.
"But I do not want to not be Fallen, to be Fallen is the only thing that makes sense, this existence, the endless suffering have to stop, it would be better if existence had never been."
He nodded, "And I shall work to untwist the bleakness forced upon you. One day... one glorious day..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:25 pm

[Villa 1]

Colin grinned and tapped his chest with a wink, "I had a bit of help that was quite invested in my continued survival."

"Well you was the host I had been waiting for I could nto let you die."
Mia said fondly.
"We have work to do after all."
She added Chris just nodded.
"Well having help is useful for survival I guess."

He smiled, "Miss Alexander is recovering... with remarkable speed, even."
He arched an eyebrow, "I didn't mention Kyle's name, though..."

"Good to hear, poor girl, she must have been terrified."
The Virtual Adept said then he sigh.
"Ah yes sorry about that, I know the name of any person, book, place, well any thign with a name that are spoken of near me, it drives the Hermetics of my Chantry nuts. I try to keep in mind if someone have spoken a name or not before using it not to freak anyone out, but sometimes I slip...little peculiarities of being a willworker you know, I just know everything's file name."
The technomancer explained apologetically.

[Villa 1 30]

He replied softly, "It only seems that way, because you can scarcely see a single pinprick of it... but there are many such little glimmers, like drops of water faintly reflecting starlight on a moonless night. And like those drops of water, they can be joined together to become a greater lake, ready to glitter as one when the sun rises."

"How can you be sure about this my host, have you seen these droplets that can form a lake?"
The Shard demanded.

He nodded, "And I shall work to untwist the bleakness forced upon you. One day... one glorious day..."

"Only if the collective we now are allow it, only then and I am quite opposed to it."
The Shard replied stubbornly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:45 pm

[Villa 1]
Anja wrote:"Good to hear, poor girl, she must have been terrified."
The Virtual Adept said then he sigh.
"Ah yes sorry about that, I know the name of any person, book, place, well any thign with a name that are spoken of near me, it drives the Hermetics of my Chantry nuts. I try to keep in mind if someone have spoken a name or not before using it not to freak anyone out, but sometimes I slip...little peculiarities of being a willworker you know, I just know everything's file name."
The technomancer explained apologetically.
Colin nodded, "Ah, like so. Yes, our Deacon - your Traditionmate - knows where everyone in the Chantry is at all times, and Master Steelhaven knows exactly when people will come visit him for any reason. Well... with a few unsettling exceptions recently, owing to a few temporal disturbances, it seems. And I myself know the outcome of any card draw or die roll, even before the card is picked up, or the die leaves the hand... makes tabletop games a little less exciting, you know."

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"How can you be sure about this my host, have you seen these droplets that can form a lake?"
The Shard demanded.
He hesitated, "Not... entirely like that. But I have seen evidence of it; of Avatars mended with pieces of others, and my own core was formed when the last of Julius de Medici merged with the last of Mia de Napoli at the very end... I must believe that the logical extrapolation, that fragments can be joined with other fragments to form a new, greater whole, is correct."

Anja wrote:"Only if the collective we now are allow it, only then and I am quite opposed to it."
The Shard replied stubbornly.
He smiled thinly, "I will not force you to fuse with another against your will, but I will seek to guide each and every shard, on an individual basis, back to the Light, regardless of what the collective might want to say about each individual piece."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:10 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

As Nicole returned to her current body, she'll blink rapidly and shake her head a bit, as though trying to get her eyes focused properly. In her distraction, the Etherite had let the drawing of herself fall to the floor; halfway to reaching to pick it up, she'll pause - if anyone was paying attention, they'd notice she was staring at her artificial arm with a rather pensive look. Only for a moment, though; on the news that one was missing, finished retreving the drawing and looked to the others, though it was clear she'd been rather rattled by the recent experience.

Anja's Post:

Adley's Post:

'Hm? Yeah, I did. Nothing special; picked it up at the Parsons in Jamaica last week.' Nicole replied, resisting the urge to twist the blade Amadeus has figarately buried in Adley's back. Or front, as the Verbena had made no secret of it.

Serge's Post:

Nicole gave a frown, looking around the room as though the Verbena could be lurking somewhere unannounced. Then gave a characteristic "mystical shit, just go with it" shrug.

'Erm... I'll head off now, sir.' she continued, turning to Steelhaven - there was nothing she could really do to assist in this. 'Is your place still open? I left bits of my... arm there, in the bowl.'

[Okay, I've reviewed all 11 pages and have found a way to re-merge Nick to the time-line. She'll go and get her arm-bits, head back to her apartment to clean and fix (and any drop-in NPCs). Once done, she'll then head to the infirmary to see Trina. By my reckoning, she'd be there at 1.00 AM, so the other PC's would have left by that point, and thus no plot-snarls.]

[Forumotion does not like colons! Use semi-colons or a full stop when doing times.]

[Speaking of which, *please* do time-location stamps for all the posts. The review would have been much easier if they'd have existed!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:44 pm

[Villa 1]

Colin nodded, "Ah, like so. Yes, our Deacon - your Traditionmate - knows where everyone in the Chantry is at all times, and Master Steelhaven knows exactly when people will come visit him for any reason. Well... with a few unsettling exceptions recently, owing to a few temporal disturbances, it seems. And I myself know the outcome of any card draw or die roll, even before the card is picked up, or the die leaves the hand... makes tabletop games a little less exciting, you know."

We all get something, some odd quality as we develop out abilities and yes mine is knowing names."
Chris said.
"Well yes with your little trick Mr Wainwright I do imagine board games might be less exiting then again you could make a killing in Vegas."

[Villa 1 30]

He hesitated, "Not... entirely like that. But I have seen evidence of it; of Avatars mended with pieces of others, and my own core was formed when the last of Julius de Medici merged with the last of Mia de Napoli at the very end... I must believe that the logical extrapolation, that fragments can be joined with other fragments to form a new, greater whole, is correct."

"Yes well we are a marging of Shards, but we are far from drops of light, most of the fragmets here are full of pain and suffering."
The Shard said.
"And what we once was are gone forever all that is left is a mockery a shade."

He smiled thinly, "I will not force you to fuse with another against your will, but I will seek to guide each and every shard, on an individual basis, back to the Light, regardless of what the collective might want to say about each individual piece."

"If that is how you plan to go about it, many will not go many of us seek only Oblivion and we have no desire to turn back to Dynamic being who seek creation, existence is just to painful for that."
The Sharn said mournfully.
"Left to choose many will say no to what you offer my host."

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

As Nicole returned to her current body, she'll blink rapidly and shake her head a bit, as though trying to get her eyes focused properly. In her distraction, the Etherite had let the drawing of herself fall to the floor; halfway to reaching to pick it up, she'll pause - if anyone was paying attention, they'd notice she was staring at her artificial arm with a rather pensive look. Only for a moment, though; on the news that one was missing, finished retreving the drawing and looked to the others, though it was clear she'd been rather rattled by the recent experience.

George looked rather concerned.
"How are you doing Miss Bouchard."
He asked softely.
"Are you okey? Perhaps you should sit down?"

Hm? Yeah, I did. Nothing special; picked it up at the Parsons in Jamaica last week.' Nicole replied, resisting the urge to twist the blade Amadeus has figarately buried in Adley's back. Or front, as the Verbena had made no secret of it.

Amadeus did indeed seam to have a grudge against the young Hermetic, though he kept his anger in check for the sake of his apprentice and his Chantry his anger was quite clear. George nodded at what you said but he did not add much.

Nicole gave a frown, looking around the room as though the Verbena could be lurking somewhere unannounced. Then gave a characteristic "mystical shit, just go with it" shrug.

'Erm... I'll head off now, sir.' she continued, turning to Steelhaven - there was nothing she could really do to assist in this. 'Is your place still open? I left bits of my... arm there, in the bowl.'

Amadeus did not seam to be lurking around the room.
"Yes my door is unlocked so you can retrive your property Miss Bouchard."
George said with a nod.
"Do feel welcome."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:44 pm

[Ritual Room, 12 45]

'Hm? Yeah, I did. Nothing special; picked it up at the Parsons in Jamaica last week.' Nicole replied, resisting the urge to twist the blade Amadeus has figarately buried in Adley's back. Or front, as the Verbena had made no secret of it.

"We could try to use the book as a physical arcane link," he replied.

[Common Room 1]

You saw a small, brown cat laying on top of one of the chairs purring that was probably Gabriella. Jon came into the room as you where getting an overview, you did not notice him at first though but then he was just there.

He'd already forgotten that he was told Jon would come back, and then didn't see him get there, so he assumed he was there the whole time. He counted out the teams again and figured at least five cars, six if they had to, and then went to confer with Crexia, Mara and Amadeus about any last minute preparations.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I missed part of a post)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:34 pm

[Ritual Room, 12 45]

We could try to use the book as a physical arcane link," he replied.

"Well yes if Miss Bouchard have a personal link to this book and it is on Amadeus' person thent hat would be a strong Arcane link indeed."
George agreed.
"We can use that to try to find him."

[Common Room 1]

He'd already forgotten that he was told Jon would come back, and then didn't see him get there, so he assumed he was there the whole time. He counted out the teams again and figured at least five cars, six if they had to, and then went to confer with Crexia, Mara and Amadeus about any last minute preparations.

You walked towards the Master magi to ask them about last minute preperations when a very tall, thin man with completley black eyes, wearing a fine if old fashioned suit walked over to you and bowed, a small, green creature clung to one of his legs.
"Forgive the intrusion my good man...I have been asked to join this expidition, I could nto help but notice you being in the process of arranging transport and I was wondering what you would want to do about me, I can imagine some of your kind not being to comfortable sitting in a small carriage with one of my kind."
The man said politely then he bowed again.
"Ah forgive my manners my name is Amelie and I am here by invitation of Mr Wainwright."
He said though he did nto extent his hand and he kept some distance to you.
"And this is my manservant Mr Cromwell."
He said and the strange, green creature grinned at you with crooked teeth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:21 am

[Villa 1]
Anja wrote:We all get something, some odd quality as we develop out abilities and yes mine is knowing names."
Chris said.
"Well yes with your little trick Mr Wainwright I do imagine board games might be less exiting then again you could make a killing in Vegas."
Colin pondered for a moment, "Out of curiosity, would your little knack hold up in, say, a trial as expert testimony? For example if I said that someone tainted a longevity potion at another Chantry, would you know and be able to testify as to the identities of the parties involved?"

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"Yes well we are a marging of Shards, but we are far from drops of light, most of the fragmets here are full of pain and suffering."
The Shard said.
"And what we once was are gone forever all that is left is a mockery a shade."
He shrugged, "And yet, you've been described as countless pinpricks of light."

Anja wrote:"If that is how you plan to go about it, many will not go many of us seek only Oblivion and we have no desire to turn back to Dynamic being who seek creation, existence is just to painful for that."
The Sharn said mournfully.
"Left to choose many will say no to what you offer my host."
He nodded, "I am aware... Still, I want to convince everyone to return to the Light; show that that's a preferable way of being than the inverted state. And I'll not want to do it by force. That... was more the way of Julius de Medici, or Heylel Teomim; blatant displays of raw power and genius, and a bit of arrogance regarding the outcome being entirely according to plan. In this life, I would rather pursue a different path, to lead by example of other traits, not merely magical power. Humilitas, Humanitas, Patientia, Industria, Caritas, Temperantia... well, I can't really claim to be very devoted to Castitas, but six out of seven isn't bad, either..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:02 am

[Villa 1]

Colin pondered for a moment, "Out of curiosity, would your little knack hold up in, say, a trial as expert testimony? For example if I said that someone tainted a longevity potion at another Chantry, would you know and be able to testify as to the identities of the parties involved?"

"I don't know to be true for I do not know exactly where the information comes from. If someone talk about jack the Ripper I get the name most believe to be the man responsible, when a name is largely unknown and all we have is guesses then I might not get the correct one but rather the most accepted file name, so a Tribunal might nto accept that as evidence."
Chris said with a shrug.
"I get the name you think have done this, and a dngerous name it is indeed."

[Villa 1 30]

He shrugged, "And yet, you've been described as countless pinpricks of light."

"Light can burn, light is not in itself good."
The Shard replied.
"It do not mean the world should not end."

He nodded, "I am aware... Still, I want to convince everyone to return to the Light; show that that's a preferable way of being than the inverted state. And I'll not want to do it by force. That... was more the way of Julius de Medici, or Heylel Teomim; blatant displays of raw power and genius, and a bit of arrogance regarding the outcome being entirely according to plan. In this life, I would rather pursue a different path, to lead by example of other traits, not merely magical power. Humilitas, Humanitas, Patientia, Industria, Caritas, Temperantia... well, I can't really claim to be very devoted to Castitas, but six out of seven isn't bad, either..."

"So what will you do when me and other Shards like me are not willing to try to return from being Fallen what will you do when we want to continue to work for non existence, when will your ideals turn to force then my host."
The broken shadow challanged bitterly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:20 am

[Common Room 1]

You walked towards the Master magi to ask them about last minute preperations when a very tall, thin man with completley black eyes, wearing a fine if old fashioned suit walked over to you and bowed, a small, green creature clung to one of his legs.
"Forgive the intrusion my good man...I have been asked to join this expidition, I could nto help but notice you being in the process of arranging transport and I was wondering what you would want to do about me, I can imagine some of your kind not being to comfortable sitting in a small carriage with one of my kind."
The man said politely then he bowed again.
"Ah forgive my manners my name is Amelie and I am here by invitation of Mr Wainwright."
He said though he did nto extent his hand and he kept some distance to you.
"And this is my manservant Mr Cromwell."
He said and the strange, green creature grinned at you with crooked teeth.

All of his memories were still not quite settled into the right spots and at first all he could do at first was wonder which chantry had sent a Hollow One. It took a moment for him to match the person in front of him, tall, thin and with eyes that had no white parts or iris at all that he could see to the name which he'd heard in passing, and Colin discussing a vampire with some sort of fae connection. He looked away from the man's eyes and down towards the being that he thought at first could be a spirit. "I see, well...then, let me see if I can arrange a car that will carry you and your...companion," he said, glad to not have to shake hands. "We are making last minute arrangements and waiting for the last few people," he explained, mentally juggling around the cars. Hermetics were unlike to wish to be around a vampire, unless there wasn't much a choice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:08 am

[Common Room 1]

The little creature that was peeking out from behind his master's feet waved to you and grinned a crooked grin.
"Do you have nom noms?"
The little creature asked to which Mr Amelie sigh.
"Ah please gotgive my manservant he is of a bit of a one treck mind I fear."
The tall creature said politely.
"I do apologize if my pressence create logistics problems my good man, but I thought I would let you know that you might want to consider it since some of your fellows seam rather nervous around me."
Amelie said.
"Well I shall keep you no further I will wait here until transport arangements have been made."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am

[Villa 1]
Anja wrote:"I don't know to be true for I do not know exactly where the information comes from. If someone talk about jack the Ripper I get the name most believe to be the man responsible, when a name is largely unknown and all we have is guesses then I might not get the correct one but rather the most accepted file name, so a Tribunal might nto accept that as evidence."
Chris said with a shrug.
"I get the name you think have done this, and a dngerous name it is indeed."
Colin nodded, "I understand... so it's not quite so useful for fact-finding. Still... well, now you're aware of the dangerous suspicions - we don't want insufficiently provable accusations to fly, so I do apologise for giving you this thing to worry about, too..."

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"Light can burn, light is not in itself good."
The Shard replied.
"It do not mean the world should not end."
He frowned, "True... However, the world should end when it is time for it to end, not when someone decides that it should be ended, and damn any objections. You would not want to leave the decision of how long you have a house up to some random arsonist, would you?"

Anja wrote:"So what will you do when me and other Shards like me are not willing to try to return from being Fallen what will you do when we want to continue to work for non existence, when will your ideals turn to force then my host."
The broken shadow challanged bitterly.
He frowned, "There are... precisely two shards for whom I will make an exception to this ideal; one for being such a gruesome monster in both life and undeath, and the other to help guide the soul she bonded herself with to leave the Black Spiral once she's reincarnated. But I will not make examples out of them; for everyone else, I will debate and offer counsel, and remain insistent that working to make a better world for everyone, and to fight against corruption, is a far better purpose than to simply say 'bugger it all' and prematurely put an end to all Creation, so the cycle of creation and suffering can repeat itself in the next Reality... I don't believe this Creation is the first one, nor most likely the last, but the Outsider Things are the lingering hurt of the previous failed Realities, and their influence only spreads further hurt in this one, and the next one, and the next after that... We might not be able to make this Reality Perfect, but we're Mages; if we put our wills to it, we can make tomorrow better than yesterday. Given time and effort, we can put an end to the executions of widderslaintes, we can bring them back to the Light, to the Dynamic path rather than the corrupted Entropic one... to make the Cycle healthy again."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 am

[Villa 1]

Colin nodded, "I understand... so it's not quite so useful for fact-finding. Still... well, now you're aware of the dangerous suspicions - we don't want insufficiently provable accusations to fly, so I do apologise for giving you this thing to worry about, too..."

"It is not that useful for fact finding now, it is more a little oddness than being that useful really, like most such things are."
Chris muttered.
"Like glitches really, as for the one you suspect, it is okey Mr Wainwright, something is rotten over at Lux iternis that much is clear, but yes it should not be discussed openly."

[Villa 1 30]

He frowned, "True... However, the world should end when it is time for it to end, not when someone decides that it should be ended, and damn any objections. You would not want to leave the decision of how long you have a house up to some random arsonist, would you?"

"If the house in question was filled with nothing but rot, pain and torment then the arconist would be doing it a favor by burning it to the ground."
The Shard said simply.
"This is the time for reality to stop existing, time do nto matter for it should not just stop exisiting it should never have been in existence in the first place and it needs to be unmade."

He frowned, "There are... precisely two shards for whom I will make an exception to this ideal; one for being such a gruesome monster in both life and undeath, and the other to help guide the soul she bonded herself with to leave the Black Spiral once she's reincarnated. But I will not make examples out of them; for everyone else, I will debate and offer counsel, and remain insistent that working to make a better world for everyone, and to fight against corruption, is a far better purpose than to simply say 'bugger it all' and prematurely put an end to all Creation, so the cycle of creation and suffering can repeat itself in the next Reality...

"Which two shards is it you plan to treat differently than the rest my host?"
The former Cultist wanted to know.
"There should be no new reality, the point is to end it all, the world should not end to be reborn the world should not exist, past, present or future, there should be nothing, just potential for things to exist, but no actual existence, then there would be no pain, no suffering and no evil either."

I don't believe this Creation is the first one, nor most likely the last, but the Outsider Things are the lingering hurt of the previous failed Realities, and their influence only spreads further hurt in this one, and the next one, and the next after that... We might not be able to make this Reality Perfect, but we're Mages; if we put our wills to it, we can make tomorrow better than yesterday. Given time and effort, we can put an end to the executions of widderslaintes, we can bring them back to the Light, to the Dynamic path rather than the corrupted Entropic one... to make the Cycle healthy again."

"Well the Hermetics claim the Qlipothic Sphere are the unreality left from an earlier, impoerfect Tree of Life, a horrid relaity that is no more."
The Shard said.
"It do not matter much though there is no reality that will nto contain suffering, and the Traditions will never stop hurting those they consider undesierable, the cycle of pain is impossible to break."
He mutteren mournfully.

(OOC: I will try to get a new thread up today I have just been a bit slow for a few days, sorry about that, it is that time of the month so I am not at my best.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:01 pm

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"If the house in question was filled with nothing but rot, pain and torment then the arconist would be doing it a favor by burning it to the ground."
The Shard said simply.
"This is the time for reality to stop existing, time do nto matter for it should not just stop exisiting it should never have been in existence in the first place and it needs to be unmade."
Colin shrugged, "If you were living in the house at the time, and didn't notice any pain, rot, or torment, would you really want to leave the decision up to an arsonist you'd never met? Things are made and come to an end in their own time, but the decision should not be left to someone who just wants to see it all burn."

Anja wrote:"Which two shards is it you plan to treat differently than the rest my host?"
The former Cultist wanted to know.
"There should be no new reality, the point is to end it all, the world should not end to be reborn the world should not exist, past, present or future, there should be nothing, just potential for things to exist, but no actual existence, then there would be no pain, no suffering and no evil either."
He frowned, "The ones who were named Wallace Jace and Cotta in life... Wallace Jace created so much suffering and pain, the last remnants of him need to be made to see what he did, so he can start atoning for it. And Cotta... I do have some remorse for how she met her end; her lover at the time will be reborn to me as a daughter; for family's safety, I will do what I deem necessary - for all of my family. I'll not give up on a child just for being born a widderslainte. And the flaw in the idea that the world should be reduced to the mere potential of existing is that potential will burst into actuality again. A new Reality will spawn from the primordial chaos, and once more, the Outsider Things will try to break it... it's an endless cycle of induced suffering, unless we can break the cycle in one Reality and make it better."

Anja wrote:"Well the Hermetics claim the Qlipothic Sphere are the unreality left from an earlier, impoerfect Tree of Life, a horrid relaity that is no more."
The Shard said.
"It do not matter much though there is no reality that will nto contain suffering, and the Traditions will never stop hurting those they consider undesierable, the cycle of pain is impossible to break."
He mutteren mournfully.
He sighed, "The Traditions... need mending, more than most things. We can be a force for Good, no, we SHOULD be a force for Good, be the protectors of Humanity that the Technocracy painted itself as, back when they were the Order of Reason. You're right, the cycle of pain is impossible to break, but we're Mages. The impossible just takes a little longer and more work..."

((OOC: No rush, I got stuff I can do at work. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:00 pm

[Villa 1 30]

Colin shrugged, "If you were living in the house at the time, and didn't notice any pain, rot, or torment, would you really want to leave the decision up to an arsonist you'd never met? Things are made and come to an end in their own time, but the decision should not be left to someone who just wants to see it all burn."

"Well if they don't know their own good perhaps someone have to step in and take the decision to end it from them, also if they have never existed they are not going to miss their burned down house."
The Shard said with a shrug.

He frowned, "The ones who were named Wallace Jace and Cotta in life... Wallace Jace created so much suffering and pain, the last remnants of him need to be made to see what he did, so he can start atoning for it. And Cotta... I do have some remorse for how she met her end; her lover at the time will be reborn to me as a daughter; for family's safety, I will do what I deem necessary - for all of my family. I'll not give up on a child just for being born a widderslainte. And the flaw in the idea that the world should be reduced to the mere potential of existing is that potential will burst into actuality again. A new Reality will spawn from the primordial chaos, and once more, the Outsider Things will try to break it... it's an endless cycle of induced suffering, unless we can break the cycle in one Reality and make it better."

"Yes Cotta and Jace is with us, one of our many shards, Cotta is nice to talk to but Jace scares me, he still have plans."
The shadow muttered.
"There will be no more relaities not if it is properly unmade, then there will be nothing."
The shard said stubornly.

He sighed, "The Traditions... need mending, more than most things. We can be a force for Good, no, we SHOULD be a force for Good, be the protectors of Humanity that the Technocracy painted itself as, back when they were the Order of Reason. You're right, the cycle of pain is impossible to break, but we're Mages. The impossible just takes a little longer and more work..."

"The Traditions could be more, the Cult want us to help, to be shining beacons of hope but instead we are a rotting pile of infighting and old bile."
The Shard grubeled.
"I don't see how that can be changed or fixed."

(OOC: Like your job Razz But yeah I post IC posts the rest I take when I feel like it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm

[Common Room 1]

"Do you have nom noms?"
The little creature asked to which Mr Amelie sigh.
"Ah please gotgive my manservant he is of a bit of a one treck mind I fear."
The tall creature said politely.

He chuckled, then said, "I am not sure what manner of food is appropriate for you," he said with a glance towards the vampire. "He reminds me of some spirits that I know," he said with amusement. "Though I am not sure if that is what he is..." he said,

"I do apologize if my pressence create logistics problems my good man, but I thought I would let you know that you might want to consider it since some of your fellows seam rather nervous around me."
Amelie said.
"Well I shall keep you no further I will wait here until transport arangements have been made."

He made something of a shrugging gesture but with his hands, and replied, "Yes, that was appreciated, sir. I assume your talents will be useful, but is there anything that you need in order to succeed? Minding that some needs we will not be able to consider..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:35 pm

[Ritual Room 12.45]

Anja's Post:

'No.. I'm okay.' Nicole replied, clearly in the tone of 'I don't wish to discuss this'. 'Thanks'.

Anja's Post:

'Thanks, sir.' the Etherite replied. 'Well, I better get off... need to tidy up some loose ends...'

[One of the things I was wondering was whether if Nick was able to take a heirloom lighter from her '03 person and slip it into Nassa's bag/pocket to bring it back to '15...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 pm

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"Well if they don't know their own good perhaps someone have to step in and take the decision to end it from them, also if they have never existed they are not going to miss their burned down house."
The Shard said with a shrug.
Colin frowned, "I still don't believe it is right to deprive people of the right to make a meaningful choice for themselves..."

Anja wrote:"Yes Cotta and Jace is with us, one of our many shards, Cotta is nice to talk to but Jace scares me, he still have plans."
The shadow muttered.
"There will be no more relaities not if it is properly unmade, then there will be nothing."
The shard said stubornly.
He nodded, "Jace always has plans. We're nonetheless working to put an end to him for good - and to his plans - tonight. And if Reality is unmade and returned to the potential from whence it came - it is quite inevitable that potential will eventually become reality again, at some point in the timeless never. The only way to prevent that is to remove even potential... and I don't think that's going to happen, however hard the Outsider Things try."

Anja wrote:"The Traditions could be more, the Cult want us to help, to be shining beacons of hope but instead we are a rotting pile of infighting and old bile."
The Shard grubeled.
"I don't see how that can be changed or fixed."
He smiled thinly, "Change is coming. Very powerful, great change - the mightiest of the cruel, or the cruelest of the mighty, will fall soon, and a kind but weak leader will retire to make way for a stronger, noble commander in his place. With the proper counsel, the change in the Council of Nine can blossom into the greatness we know it has the potential to be... it will take years, at least, but once we get started on scouring the Traditions of the corruption that's been plaguing them for centuries, things will change and mend. I intend to see that well underway while I still have time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 pm

[Common Room 1]

He chuckled, then said, "I am not sure what manner of food is appropriate for you," he said with a glance towards the vampire. "He reminds me of some spirits that I know," he said with amusement. "Though I am not sure if that is what he is..." he said,

"Cromwell eats anything. Crowell likes nom noms!"
The little creature replied entusiastically.
"Do you have nom noms?"
He asked again and his master sigh before he turned towards Adley and nodded.
"Well spirit is closer to what my manservant is than flesh, my kind have a limited ability to create...dreams, beings of pure immagination and give them form and shape. Mr Cromwell is one of my goblins, created from my own immagination."
Mr Amelie explained.
"I hope he is not bothering you my good man."

He made something of a shrugging gesture but with his hands, and replied, "Yes, that was appreciated, sir. I assume your talents will be useful, but is there anything that you need in order to succeed? Minding that some needs we will not be able to consider..."

"My needs are few my good man. I am not much of of a figther so some cover might be nice, but the skill I have been asked to employ I need only myself to use, for what limited ability I have in a fight I will need darkness or shadows, I can make them work for me, it was blood of the Lasombra Clan aftar all that was used to create my kind."
Mr Amelie said with a nod.
"But generally I require no special concerns...ah...well perhaps one, if at all possible I do not like being touched, but if that is to much of a bother or impractical I will endure."

[Ritual Room 12.45]

'No.. I'm okay.' Nicole replied, clearly in the tone of 'I don't wish to discuss this'. 'Thanks'.

George just nodded he did not intend to discuss it further if Nicole did not want to.
"Good."
Was all he said.

'Thanks, sir.' the Etherite replied. 'Well, I better get off... need to tidy up some loose ends...'

"Very well, let me know if you need anything child."
George said.
"I will be down here for a while longer I need to find my missing Cabalmate after all, and bring him home."
The old mage was clearly concerned, Mara and Crexia nodded as well that they would help. Vanja just looked tired after all the magick she had helped to work, magick so far above her understanding and ability, the young Cultist just leaned against a wall and looked dizzy.

[Villa 1 30]

Colin frowned, "I still don't believe it is right to deprive people of the right to make a meaningful choice for themselves..."

"If they have not been through the Cauls then they are not able to make the right choice."
The Shard protested.

He nodded, "Jace always has plans. We're nonetheless working to put an end to him for good - and to his plans - tonight. And if Reality is unmade and returned to the potential from whence it came - it is quite inevitable that potential will eventually become reality again, at some point in the timeless never. The only way to prevent that is to remove even potential... and I don't think that's going to happen, however hard the Outsider Things try."

"Then removing even the portential for existence it is."
The shadow muttered with determination in his voice.
"Well Jace is a dangerous man, even as a shadow of who he once was he is dangerous."

He smiled thinly, "Change is coming. Very powerful, great change - the mightiest of the cruel, or the cruelest of the mighty, will fall soon, and a kind but weak leader will retire to make way for a stronger, noble commander in his place. With the proper counsel, the change in the Council of Nine can blossom into the greatness we know it has the potential to be... it will take years, at least, but once we get started on scouring the Traditions of the corruption that's been plaguing them for centuries, things will change and mend. I intend to see that well underway while I still have time."

"I can not hold the same optimism as you my host, one Primus leaving his seat, another taking his place, it will be the same cycle, perhaps even new ones will come in full of well meaning ideals but they will soon be corrupted by power, everyone is, and soont he cycle of suffering will begin anew."
The Shard shook his head sadly.
"I doubt the Traditions can be anything but a cruel war council."

(OOC: Yes Nicole can have managed to slip the lighther into Amadeus' pocket.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next