Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 15 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 05.10.20 9:10

[Infirmary 1 20]

"More people hurt by the Fallen I presume. Don't know where they came from. This place gets more and more full every time I come up here." Serge said grimly, "I need to check on some of the other patients. If you need anything feel free to ask."

"More pepole hurt by my faction."
Kira said with a sigh.
"I guess it is what we do."
She muttered as she looked down at her freshly healed hands, tried to flex her fingers and winced and carefully placed her hands back at her side again.
"Ok, don't let me keep you...Serge was it, I do not need anything I just woke up when I heard voices."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 15 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Warpmind 05.10.20 10:12

[Villa, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"I am starting to see why most Rokea choose to spawn only with sharks."
Coawa said with a frown.
"But human kinfolk could get powerful, especially if they learn magick."
Nicole wrote:'Yes, a Kinfolk who can do spells and shit. I'm sure they'll be popular.' Nicole replied sarcastically, carefully avoiding Colin's gaze.
Anja wrote:"Not amoung most of my kind, human kinfolk are not really popular, but I think someone who are connected to the ocean and who can use magick would have allot of potential, they would be strong spawn."
Coawa replied.
Colin glanced at Nicole, answering softly, "Yes, powerful and remarkable... and possibly with a tendency to irritate their peers just enough to offset any praise that was about to be lavished upon them. In human societies, those of senior rank tend to get very snippy with those younger and cleverer than themselves, and if they find a justifiable reason to take offense by their juniors, they'll cheerfully punish them. So learning when to hold one's head down, and when to stand one's ground without going on the offensive is crucial, but difficult... more so when the very fiber of one's soul screams to fight. Such a child might find some challenges in life, but yes, they'd likely have great potential, far beyond a normal human..."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes I remember but I just do not see there being any chance of getting all of the Syndicate into a room like that."
Fran replied.
Nicole wrote:'They weren't all in the same room. Well, not at that point.' Nicole replied, rolling her eyes. 'Unless it's a very strange room...'
Anja wrote:"Then how do you manage to kill them all at once?"
Fran asked.
He nodded, "Coordination, which would be exceedingly difficult against an organization that we don't have a well-placed network of spies in. I suppose... if the Engineers were to defect, they might be persuaded to deliver a farewell present to the Syndicate in such a manner - a vast, coordinated strike on Syndicate strongholds before buggering off into the Umbra to meet us as one..."

Anja wrote:"For any other Convention I would agree with you Nicole but nto for the Void Engineers they have geotten special treatment over the years or so I hear since they are needed for transportation, they refuse to take part of the Pogrom and they are already quite at odds with the rest of the Technocrazy, if they hated us generally they would not refuse to hunt us down, no I think we have a fair shot to get them to defect if we can offer them a safe exist route from the Union."
The death mage replied.
Nicole wrote:'Just saying the, like "party line". Truth is, most Mirrorshades don't want to defect. At least, not right now.'
Anja wrote:"Well then our job would be to make them want to deflect then."
The death maga said.
"I never said it would be easy I just said it would be really useful if they did come over to our side."
He smiled wryly, "Our job, I think, is to make sure their defection will be safer and easier than it was for the Adepts... the rest of the Union seems to be doing a good enough job of making the Engineers wish to depart as it is."

Anja wrote:"They have accepted two fleeing Conventuons thus far Nicole, three if we count the Solificati, so clearly the nine do nto consider the idea that dumb."
Fran replied simply.
Nicole wrote:'No, the idea that the Council or the Society has not thought of this before. If I'm aware of the situation and possibilities, you really think the likes of Hastings ain't?'
Anja wrote:"Admiral Hastings might have but I am not sure if Master Spence have really."
Fran said.
"Also unless there is a proper suggjestion I doubt it have been talked about properly in session really."
He shook his head, "I believe the point here is that if someone just came up to the Nine and said 'We need to convince the Void Engineers to join our side', it would be considered a laughable waste of breath on par with 'We really ought to use Tass to fuel our magic', as if this was a completely unprecedented idea... If there's a concrete plan, however, I'm sure they'd be keen on hearing it. Well, most of them, anyway."

Anja wrote:"She might, I mean she speak about the Ananasi sometimes, as long as you are not a threat to her kind I suspect she would be willing to teach."
Coawa commented.
"She is fancy though, likes cutlery and nice clothes and such."
He smiled wryly, "I like cutlery and nice clothes, too, though I'm sure that's not enough in common in and of itself... Hum, I should invite her over one day, then, to test the proverbial waters."

Anja wrote:"The problem is I will need to keep an eye on you guys further into the Labyrinth as well."
Chris said.
"And parts of the Labyrinth is likely on different planes of existence, cables will get in the way, going pure information is just simply easier. But yes I do believe I will be able to run ops better from this side of the portal."
He nodded, "You are, indeed, the Master."

Anja wrote:"Yes or I could do the job I was asked to do usign the tech I am used to using to teleport folks across the Gaintlet, which I have done before, keeping track on the teams where I can focus on my job and not fearing for my own life."
Chris replied and he raised an eyebrow.
Nicole wrote:'That's why it's plan B. The option not desired, but might have to be done.' Nicole replied.
Anja wrote:"I fail to see how tech I am not used to in order to do the same thing will be a plan B but if you wish to set it up then by all mean, go for it."
The Virtual Adept commented.
He nodded and patted Nicole on the shoulder, "Again, Miss Bouchard, seniority rules... Trust the Master to best know how he works... but if you can rig up backup hardware that might be employed, please do."

Anja wrote:"I know...you are worried about my heart dad, but I will be ok."
Anna said as you cast the scrambler on her.
"Ok I will check in with Master Nassa then and ask about the bullets..."
The young apprentice said happily as she ran over to here Master Nassa's team was gathering.
"Charming child."
Mr Amelie muttered from his corner.
He grinned back to Aldis, "She is... A sweet child, keen of mind and strong of spirit, with a mighty dragon resting in her soul. She'll do many great things for the world, in time."

Anja wrote:"We know nearly nothing about what we will face inside the Labyrinth, we will split into teams and clear the Labyritnh out room for room. Our main goal is the leaders and Wallace Jace."
Jeffry begun.
"And the Caul which will have to be destroyed, prisoners are not a priority, but we can not let enemies go to potentially fall us in the back."
Nicole wrote:'Any idea on who the leaders are? Or what Jace looks like?'
Anja wrote:"When he was alive Jace was a tall, thin man with pale skin and light brown going to gray hair and unplesant blue eyes, but what he look like now I do not know, the toher leaders we do not know much about what they look like but we know one of them are a powerful Chronomancer."
Jeffry replied.
He nodded, "Regarding Wallace Jace and his specters, I can help provide some information. If you'll grant me a moment..."
He fished out his notepad and quickly drew a circle, drawing in light from the lightbulb in the kitchen to manifest a slowly rotating display of the heads of Wallace Jace and the specters Colin already knew and had seen the faces of, "The smarmy bastard there," he pointed at Jace, "is Wallace Jace, a vile Fallen Progenitor who apparently has assumed new bodies - clones - on several occasions over the decades; seems he's at least dating back to the Victorian era. The others are some of the angry ghosts he's recruited with promises of new bodies and stolen Avatars - obviously, we can't let them have those, or at least, not the latter."
He listed them off by name, "Now, these are just the ones I know by appearance, there are also others, and we know that Wallace Jace is a possessive bastard, so he may be inhabiting the body of someone else. He may be using a Sleeper physician as a hostage... so any exorcism spells might be handy to check on the Labyrinth's thralls."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 05.10.20 10:39

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin glanced at Nicole, answering softly, "Yes, powerful and remarkable... and possibly with a tendency to irritate their peers just enough to offset any praise that was about to be lavished upon them. In human societies, those of senior rank tend to get very snippy with those younger and cleverer than themselves, and if they find a justifiable reason to take offense by their juniors, they'll cheerfully punish them. So learning when to hold one's head down, and when to stand one's ground without going on the offensive is crucial, but difficult... more so when the very fiber of one's soul screams to fight. Such a child might find some challenges in life, but yes, they'd likely have great potential, far beyond a normal human..."

"Experience matters among sharks as well and my kind calue our elders but at the end of the day all that matters are the induvidual and survival."
Coawa said with a nod.
"Yes indeed children born of the sea but with magick will be powerful thye might do some good in the world."

He nodded, "Coordination, which would be exceedingly difficult against an organization that we don't have a well-placed network of spies in. I suppose... if the Engineers were to defect, they might be persuaded to deliver a farewell present to the Syndicate in such a manner - a vast, coordinated strike on Syndicate strongholds before buggering off into the Umbra to meet us as one..."

"It is possible I guess, but doing such a thing would put the fleeing Convention even more in the disfavor of the rest of the Union and paint a target on their backs."
Fran replied.
"It might be hard to talk them into doing such a thing as they leave, if we can even talk them into leaving."

He smiled wryly, "Our job, I think, is to make sure their defection will be safer and easier than it was for the Adepts... the rest of the Union seems to be doing a good enough job of making the Engineers wish to depart as it is."

"Well if we stand ready to accept the Void Engineers so they do nto have to struggle alone for a while before they get accepted that might prevent the loss of life that the Virtual Adept suffered."
The death maga replied with a frown.

He shook his head, "I believe the point here is that if someone just came up to the Nine and said 'We need to convince the Void Engineers to join our side', it would be considered a laughable waste of breath on par with 'We really ought to use Tass to fuel our magic', as if this was a completely unprecedented idea... If there's a concrete plan, however, I'm sure they'd be keen on hearing it. Well, most of them, anyway."

"Agreed, one would have to present a proper plan before the Council to get them to listen, but if one went through the proper channels one might get some interest in such an endavor, at least when we can explain the potential benefits."
Fran agreed with a nod.

He smiled wryly, "I like cutlery and nice clothes, too, though I'm sure that's not enough in common in and of itself... Hum, I should invite her over one day, then, to test the proverbial waters."

"I am sure Alessa would like that. She is strange but nice. I have attempted to spawn with her, but no spawn will come, at least not yet though it was enjoyable."
Coawa said as if it was the most normal thing to discuss in the world.
"She said she was not used to spawn with someone bigger than herself. Alessa is also good with computers, she knows allot of things."

He nodded, "You are, indeed, the Master."

Chris just nodded at that.

He nodded and patted Nicole on the shoulder, "Again, Miss Bouchard, seniority rules... Trust the Master to best know how he works... but if you can rig up backup hardware that might be employed, please do."

"It is okey Mr Wainwright I don't mind suggjestions...I just think I will work faster with my own tech."
The Virtual Adept replied.

He grinned back to Aldis, "She is... A sweet child, keen of mind and strong of spirit, with a mighty dragon resting in her soul. She'll do many great things for the world, in time."

"You must be very proud of her then Mr Wainwright."
Mr Amelie replied with a nod.
"She seam to be a spirited child."

He nodded, "Regarding Wallace Jace and his specters, I can help provide some information. If you'll grant me a moment..."
He fished out his notepad and quickly drew a circle, drawing in light from the lightbulb in the kitchen to manifest a slowly rotating display of the heads of Wallace Jace and the specters Colin already knew and had seen the faces of, "The smarmy bastard there," he pointed at Jace, "is Wallace Jace, a vile Fallen Progenitor who apparently has assumed new bodies - clones - on several occasions over the decades; seems he's at least dating back to the Victorian era. The others are some of the angry ghosts he's recruited with promises of new bodies and stolen Avatars - obviously, we can't let them have those, or at least, not the latter."
He listed them off by name, "Now, these are just the ones I know by appearance, there are also others, and we know that Wallace Jace is a possessive bastard, so he may be inhabiting the body of someone else. He may be using a Sleeper physician as a hostage... so any exorcism spells might be handy to check on the Labyrinth's thralls."

Jeffry, Crexia and the others made note of the apperance of Jace and the other ghosts.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, I should be able to check if any of the Nephandi pawns are posessed by a ghost."
Jeffry said and Crexia nodded.
"Hum...now I feel quite dumb, we should have asked Kira and her mentor to describe the leaders of the Labyrinth when they where interrogated...so much was going on at the time, perhaps you could ask young Mr Yager to ask Kira about her former leaders names and apperances if he is still at Steelhaven?"
The lich requested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 05.10.20 18:24

[Villa 1.45]

Adley paid attention to the debriefing, in case there was something he didn't know yet. And was surprised to hear Crexia reprimand herself for failing to ask some questions during interrogation.

"I could ask around, see if I find out who is good at Mentam."
The Bonisagus suggjested.
"I can start out on the spiritual protection letters then."
Antonio said and he took another ntoe book out of his pack.

"I believe the Lady has that skill," he said, nodding towards Crexia. "If she is not already busy of course."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 05.10.20 20:07

[Villa 1.45]

Adley paid attention to the debriefing, in case there was something he didn't know yet. And was surprised to hear Crexia reprimand herself for failing to ask some questions during interrogation.

Crexia noticing the younger mage looking at her shrugged and said.
"Let that be a lesson for us all my young Sodalis, to not get lost in hubris, we all makes mistakes..it is important to remember that."

"I believe the Lady has that skill," he said, nodding towards Crexia. "If she is not already busy of course."

"Ah...yes off course...she is Lady Crexia...the lich I have heard whispers about."
Tilly muttered in awe.
"She is as good as it gets."
He added.
"I will go and ask her aid then."
The Bonisagus commented sounding a little scared to approach the ancient maga.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 05.10.20 22:57

[Infirmary 1 20]

Anja wrote:"More pepole hurt by my faction."
Kira said with a sigh.
"I guess it is what we do."
She muttered as she looked down at her freshly healed hands, tried to flex her fingers and winced and carefully placed her hands back at her side again.
"Ok, don't let me keep you...Serge was it, I do not need anything I just woke up when I heard voices."

"Get some more rest. You've been through a lot today." Serge said kindly before heading off to check on Beatrice.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 06.10.20 5:21

[Villa 1.45]

Crexia noticing the younger mage looking at her shrugged and said.
"Let that be a lesson for us all my young Sodalis, to not get lost in hubris, we all makes mistakes..it is important to remember that."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Ah...yes off course...she is Lady Crexia...the lich I have heard whispers about."
Tilly muttered in awe.
"She is as good as it gets."
He added.
"I will go and ask her aid then."
The Bonisagus commented sounding a little scared to approach the ancient maga.

He raised an eyebrow at them, then said, "I believe she will be able to assist us, if she is not busy. I can ask her, if you wish."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 06.10.20 5:43

[Infirmary 1 20]

"Get some more rest. You've been through a lot today." Serge said kindly before heading off to check on Beatrice.

"Thank you."
Kira muttered and she closed her eyes again.

Beatrice had turned to her side and she was sleeping deeply, probably still affected by the spell you had worked to give her peaceful sleep, she was breathing deeply and evenly and looked tried but healthy.

[Villa 1.45]

"Yes, ma'am."

Crexia gave you a slight nod of her head at that.

He raised an eyebrow at them, then said, "I believe she will be able to assist us, if she is not busy. I can ask her, if you wish."

"Oh yes please, I am a little intimidated by her to be honest...I mean do you know that she is...actually the Order of Hermes best torturer...some say her name is short for that...tortoress..."
The Bonisadus whispered sounding relieved at your offer to speak to Crexia.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 06.10.20 6:01

[Villa 1.45]

"Oh yes please, I am a little intimidated by her to be honest...I mean do you know that she is...actually the Order of Hermes best torturer...some say her name is short for that...tortoress..."

"Yes. I know. I am less intimidated by her than empowered by the thought that by not asking for assistance when I need it, I have left us without necessary protection though. Of course, one does approach such an one respectfully. Do pardon," he said, and went over to discuss it with her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 06.10.20 7:01

[Infirmary 1 20]

Anja wrote:Beatrice had turned to her side and she was sleeping deeply, probably still affected by the spell you had worked to give her peaceful sleep, she was breathing deeply and evenly and looked tried but healthy.

Serge sighed a sigh of relief as he saw his cabalmate sleeping peacefully. Feeling a little proud that his magick had lasted so long, he went back to Dr. Lee to report his findings.

"Both Kira and Beatrice are sound asleep." he said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 06.10.20 7:48

[Villa 1.45]

"Yes. I know. I am less intimidated by her than empowered by the thought that by not asking for assistance when I need it, I have left us without necessary protection though. Of course, one does approach such an one respectfully. Do pardon," he said, and went over to discuss it with her.

"Yeah well...I guess you are right Sodalis...but...well ehm you are right off course."
The Bonisagus muttered but he still looked rather nervous.

You got over to Crexia and found her talking with Vanja and Mara when she noticed you the old lich turned and nodded.
"Yes Sodalis how may I help you?"
You notice Mara glancing over at Amelie noe and again and the vampire glanced back with a curious look in his eyes.

[Infirmary 1 20]

Serge sighed a sigh of relief as he saw his cabalmate sleeping peacefully. Feeling a little proud that his magick had lasted so long, he went back to Dr. Lee to report his findings.

"Both Kira and Beatrice are sound asleep." he said.

"Good, that is good."
Richard said with a tired smile as he checked on an unconcious woman laying on her stomach on a cot on the floor.
"It seams things are calming down now, I might have time for a bite to eat before someone wakes up and need help, would you like anything?"
He asked as he motioned for Miss White to sit down and have a rest as well.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard 06.10.20 12:51

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Nicole shot Colin a significant glance before replying. 'Heh, think it's an inbuilt resistance, like. They need to have the moxie to say no to relatives who can suddenly turn into the wolf-man or whatever and rip your head off.'

Colin's Post:

'Which I'm sure there's folks working on. Several folks, in fact. Not my remit. Speaking of; time to head in...' moving towards the door.

Anja's Post:

'The "how" ain't the important bit. Just the point whether it's possible for you to be able to give the teams prior warning of enemies and co-ordinate movements.' Nicole replied, giving a sigh.

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Nicole looked rather puzzled to the Adept's statement; akin to if a mechanic had told her they'd never used a wrench or jack before. 'I'm not questioning "the Master's" ability to make something work, I'm just offering alternatives, like. Masters never know everything.'

Colin's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, clearly deep in thought. Finally she spoke. 'Ghosts. How the hell do we deal with them?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 06.10.20 13:42

[Villa, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Experience matters among sharks as well and my kind calue our elders but at the end of the day all that matters are the induvidual and survival."
Coawa said with a nod.
"Yes indeed children born of the sea but with magick will be powerful thye might do some good in the world."
Nicole wrote:Nicole shot Colin a significant glance before replying. 'Heh, think it's an inbuilt resistance, like. They need to have the moxie to say no to relatives who can suddenly turn into the wolf-man or whatever and rip your head off.'
Colin winked to her, "Quite so. Learning to listen to one's instincts without shouting them from the mountaintops, though, is a valuable skill that, alas, not everyone masters early on. Or at all, honestly. Still, I can think of at least one Mage, whom I shall not name presently, who would benefit greatly from listening to her instincts and keep a cooler head around their seniors - and mind you I did not use the term 'betters' in this context."

Anja wrote:"It is possible I guess, but doing such a thing would put the fleeing Convention even more in the disfavor of the rest of the Union and paint a target on their backs."
Fran replied.
"It might be hard to talk them into doing such a thing as they leave, if we can even talk them into leaving."
He nodded, "Not saying it would be a likely departure scenario - though it might offer the advantage of creating enough disarray to cover their retreat. Blowing up the figurative bridge behind them, as it were."

Anja wrote:"I am sure Alessa would like that. She is strange but nice. I have attempted to spawn with her, but no spawn will come, at least not yet though it was enjoyable."
Coawa said as if it was the most normal thing to discuss in the world.
"She said she was not used to spawn with someone bigger than herself. Alessa is also good with computers, she knows allot of things."
He raised an eyebrow ever so slightly, "Well... good luck with that."

Nicole wrote:Nicole looked rather puzzled to the Adept's statement; akin to if a mechanic had told her they'd never used a wrench or jack before. 'I'm not questioning "the Master's" ability to make something work, I'm just offering alternatives, like. Masters never know everything.'
He nodded, "I asked the both of you, because you're a hardware person, and he's a software person, from what I can see. Indeed, Masters don't know everything - but they often are quite aware of their own limitations; perhaps more so than a Disciple is."

Anja wrote:"You must be very proud of her then Mr Wainwright."
Mr Amelie replied with a nod.
"She seam to be a spirited child."
He grinned, "I've seen some of her future accomplishments. I'll have every reason to be proud of her. And yes, she is."

Nicole wrote:Nicole was silent to this, clearly deep in thought. Finally she spoke. 'Ghosts. How the hell do we deal with them?'
He glanced at her, replying dryly, "Well, I can always bend them over the knee and give them a spanking, but I've found that some forms of enchanted ammunition do offer quite the impact on the immaterial beings we encounter."

Anja wrote:Jeffry, Crexia and the others made note of the apperance of Jace and the other ghosts.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, I should be able to check if any of the Nephandi pawns are posessed by a ghost."
Jeffry said and Crexia nodded.
"Hum...now I feel quite dumb, we should have asked Kira and her mentor to describe the leaders of the Labyrinth when they where interrogated...so much was going on at the time, perhaps you could ask young Mr Yager to ask Kira about her former leaders names and apperances if he is still at Steelhaven?"
The lich requested.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley paid attention to the debriefing, in case there was something he didn't know yet. And was surprised to hear Crexia reprimand herself for failing to ask some questions during interrogation.
Anja wrote:Crexia noticing the younger mage looking at her shrugged and said.
He frowned, "Ah, yes, I'll text him... Hum, we were all a bit too busy to think of that trifling detail, I suppose; a bit too many crises all at once."
He quickly sent a message to Serge, 'Would you kindly ask Kira and/or her Mentor about descriptions of the Labyrinth's leadership? Scanned sketches would be useful, too.'
He pondered for a moment, "There... is another I could contact about this. A non-Fallen refugee from this Labyrinth. Might be ever so slightly in a legal grey area, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 06.10.20 14:18

[Villa, 1.45]

Nicole shot Colin a significant glance before replying. 'Heh, think it's an inbuilt resistance, like. They need to have the moxie to say no to relatives who can suddenly turn into the wolf-man or whatever and rip your head off.'

"I guess that could happen with the changing breeds where the first change comes on fast and without preperation, so is not the case with Rokea, we slowly come to the First Change and spirit teachers guide us the entire way, accidentally harming anyone during the process is very rare. That is why it is such a tragedy Paula's teacher spirits got killed, that makes the whole thing much more dangerous."
Coawa said with a frown.

'Which I'm sure there's folks working on. Several folks, in fact. Not my remit. Speaking of; time to head in...' moving towards the door.

"Perhaps others also sit thinking someone else is taking care of this and working on the Void Engineer problem, so in relaity no one are doing it."
Fran commented.

The "how" ain't the important bit. Just the point whether it's possible for you to be able to give the teams prior warning of enemies and co-ordinate movements.' Nicole replied, giving a sigh.

"That I can do."
Chris said and he patted his computer fondly.

Nicole looked rather puzzled to the Adept's statement; akin to if a mechanic had told her they'd never used a wrench or jack before. 'I'm not questioning "the Master's" ability to make something work, I'm just offering alternatives, like. Masters never know everything.'

"I work with computers, phones and tablets, and yes I can fix a computer Miss Bouchard but I am nto a mechanic nor am I used to working with analog tech."
Chris replied.
"And no none know everything so if you want to set something up I will see if I can make it work as a back up."

Nicole was silent to this, clearly deep in thought. Finally she spoke. 'Ghosts. How the hell do we deal with them?'

"I have enchanted some bullets to work on ghosts...do you want some?"
Fran asked.
"Basically you need what the Traditions call Spirit and Entropy to affecgt them, a little Prime also never hurt."

He nodded, "Not saying it would be a likely departure scenario - though it might offer the advantage of creating enough disarray to cover their retreat. Blowing up the figurative bridge behind them, as it were."

"Yeah possibly but I would think it more likely they would try to take out the more agressive Conventions like the Iteration X if they where going to leave with a bang, if they are even able to do something like that."
The Euthanathos replied.

He raised an eyebrow ever so slightly, "Well... good luck with that."

"Well it is not a replationship as they say, it is just that at times we have both wanted to do it and we live in the same house so why not."
Coawa said with a shrug.

He nodded, "I asked the both of you, because you're a hardware person, and he's a software person, from what I can see. Indeed, Masters don't know everything - but they often are quite aware of their own limitations; perhaps more so than a Disciple is."

Chris gave a nod at this.

He grinned, "I've seen some of her future accomplishments. I'll have every reason to be proud of her. And yes, she is."

Mr Amelie nodded at that.

He glanced at her, replying dryly, "Well, I can always bend them over the knee and give them a spanking, but I've found that some forms of enchanted ammunition do offer quite the impact on the immaterial beings we encounter."

"I have made some of that and I think the bullets Adjan enchanted earlier should work as well."
The death mage commented.
"And off course there is always banishing, binding, dragging them into the physical and beating the living shit out of them and all the other things you can do, in short the way one deal with ghots are magick, the answer is magick."

He frowned, "Ah, yes, I'll text him... Hum, we were all a bit too busy to think of that trifling detail, I suppose; a bit too many crises all at once."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright and indeed so, to many things going on at once."
Crexia said but you could see she was still anoyed at herself for the slip up she put high demands on others and even higher demands on herself.

He quickly sent a message to Serge, 'Would you kindly ask Kira and/or her Mentor about descriptions of the Labyrinth's leadership? Scanned sketches would be useful, too.'
He pondered for a moment, "There... is another I could contact about this. A non-Fallen refugee from this Labyrinth. Might be ever so slightly in a legal grey area, though..."

Serge you get a text message some time later than your stint helping out in the infirmary.

Jeffry narrowed his eyes.
"Hum...this person are they still a member of the Nephandi? For is so contacting them would be quite illegal if they are nto Fallen though and not a member of the Nephandi anymore, that is another matter."
He said and he looked to Crexia for confirmation. The archmaga nodded at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 06.10.20 17:43

[Villa 1:45]

"Yeah well...I guess you are right Sodalis...but...well ehm you are right off course."
The Bonisagus muttered but he still looked rather nervous.

He looked at him with his head tilted a little. "Perhaps something is amiss, sodalis? She is a member of our Tradition, is she not? Have you some reason to fear or be concerned about her skills or reputation, in this life? You do seem to be more nervous about her than expected...given we are about to embark on a dangerous mission against the Nephandi, I would imagine that would be a primary worried at this time?"

"Ma'am, pardon my interruption. Would you assist us in performing a ritual to shield our minds from the effects of tampering, and from those Outsider spirit's effects that the Nephandi like so much? We're trying to see what we might do to prevent at least their initial onslaught. Of course it is hard to know what they have up their sleeves but we can of course try...perhaps something else that she may know, if you plan to contact her," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 06.10.20 18:26

[Villa 1:45]

He looked at him with his head tilted a little. "Perhaps something is amiss, sodalis? She is a member of our Tradition, is she not? Have you some reason to fear or be concerned about her skills or reputation, in this life? You do seem to be more nervous about her than expected...given we are about to embark on a dangerous mission against the Nephandi, I would imagine that would be a primary worried at this time?"

"I know she is a respected Master of our Tradition, an archmage and a Deacon of two different Chantries. I mean no disrespect towards Lady Crexia at all. I don't know why she creep me out, she just do, but I will keep that to myself and focus on my tasks."
The Bonisagus said with a sigh.
"Perhaps it is that she is so powerful, or that she is undead, or that she is a torturer, or all three, I don't know. Perhaps I have even met her in another life without remembering it now, you never know, she is just creepy, but I am nto going to let that affect my duty."
He replied in a whisper.

"Ma'am, pardon my interruption. Would you assist us in performing a ritual to shield our minds from the effects of tampering, and from those Outsider spirit's effects that the Nephandi like so much? We're trying to see what we might do to prevent at least their initial onslaught.

"Certinly I can help out with such a ritual and it seams to be a very good idea."
Crexia replied with a nod.
"What ritual format are we using Sodalis and did you want me to lead it?"
She inquired.

Of course it is hard to know what they have up their sleeves but we can of course try...perhaps something else that she may know, if you plan to contact her," he said.

"Is it me or your Cabalmate your are asking Sodalis?"
The archmaga asked raising an eyebrow in confusion.
"For the only one who intend to contact anyone referred to as her right now seam to be Mr Wainwright."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I want out playing MtG today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 06.10.20 19:28

[villa 1.45]

I know she is a respected Master of our Tradition, an archmage and a Deacon of two different Chantries. I mean no disrespect towards Lady Crexia at all. I don't know why she creep me out, she just do, but I will keep that to myself and focus on my tasks."
The Bonisagus said with a sigh.
"Perhaps it is that she is so powerful, or that she is undead, or that she is a torturer, or all three, I don't know. Perhaps I have even met her in another life without remembering it now, you never know, she is just creepy, but I am nto going to let that affect my duty."
He replied in a whisper.

He nodded to him. "Well, that is always possible...sometimes things affect our spirits, and it takes time to figure it out and come to peace with it if we can or make some kind of amends or realization..." Perhaps he'd become used to the old lich lady and her ways to an extent, and perhaps his own past life was affecting him. He found that she was formidable and reliable, if in her own way, although he knew that she had some quite grisly skills that he was not overly fond of seeing plied.

"Certinly I can help out with such a ritual and it seams to be a very good idea."
Crexia replied with a nod.
"What ritual format are we using Sodalis and did you want me to lead it?"
She inquired.

"You are the most expert ma'am, so yes I would imagine you would lead it. As for the format, due to the fact I do not know this art myself in any way I cannot assist, so I would say it is up to those of you working together, other than hermetic in style since most are hermetic or passingly familiar."

"Is it me or your Cabalmate your are asking Sodalis?"
The archmaga asked raising an eyebrow in confusion.
"For the only one who intend to contact anyone referred to as her right now seam to be Mr Wainwright."

"Ah pardon, him then. I will ask him about it, if you didn't glean anything from...earlier. Hrm, there is one more matter if you could scan this please for appropriateness?," he asked in a neutral tone before showing her a page in his notebook. There was a preface of notes regarding differences in Ares and Mars and commentary about the Homeric Hymn to Ares, which seemed a more favorable interpretation than some of the more destructive Greek takes on the god, more in line with later Latin takes on Mars as a protector of Rome, being called in the original the protector of Olympus, and ally of Themis, Justice. Following was a short dedication in a similar style, in Latin, for 'the one that Marches,' the striding god whose counterpart was 'Valor or Virtue.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 06.10.20 20:01

[villa 1.45]

He nodded to him. "Well, that is always possible...sometimes things affect our spirits, and it takes time to figure it out and come to peace with it if we can or make some kind of amends or realization..." Perhaps he'd become used to the old lich lady and her ways to an extent, and perhaps his own past life was affecting him. He found that she was formidable and reliable, if in her own way, although he knew that she had some quite grisly skills that he was not overly fond of seeing plied.

"I mean the only life I remember from my past is some flashes of being a Akashic I assume in China a few hundred years ago, living in a monestary. But I must have had other lives as well that I just do nto remember."
The Bonisagus said with a nod.
"Well like I said even if I find Lady Crexia slightly creepy I will nto let that affect how I do my job, that Labyrinth have to be taken down."

"You are the most expert ma'am, so yes I would imagine you would lead it. As for the format, due to the fact I do not know this art myself in any way I cannot assist, so I would say it is up to those of you working together, other than hermetic in style since most are hermetic or passingly familiar."

"Very well then Mr Roth Hicks, I will go and have a talk with our Sodalis, I imagine from their ages though that they will want to use modern rituals and modern gestures, which is fine, I know both sets though the old methods have a certain charm."
The old Tytalus said with a nod.

"Ah pardon, him then. I will ask him about it, if you didn't glean anything from...earlier. Hrm, there is one more matter if you could scan this please for appropriateness?," he asked in a neutral tone before showing her a page in his notebook. There was a preface of notes regarding differences in Ares and Mars and commentary about the Homeric Hymn to Ares, which seemed a more favorable interpretation than some of the more destructive Greek takes on the god, more in line with later Latin takes on Mars as a protector of Rome, being called in the original the protector of Olympus, and ally of Themis, Justice. Following was a short dedication in a similar style, in Latin, for 'the one that Marches,' the striding god whose counterpart was 'Valor or Virtue.'

Crexia took the note and read it over then she handed it back.
"It seams like it is appropriate enough yes, now it would push the energies more towards the Roman side of things. Roman and Greek Gods are often identical with just a different name to them, but the way they are presented vary slightly which can change their energetic pattern. if you are working with something like the Greek Magical Papyri it is important to keep the expression fot he God forms purely Greek, but for a standard Hermetic working that while it is based in Grek and Egyptian mystisism have slid towards Roman ideals through the Cult of Mercury then this should work pretty well yes."
She said with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 06.10.20 22:29

[Villa, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps others also sit thinking someone else is taking care of this and working on the Void Engineer problem, so in relaity no one are doing it."
Fran commented.
Colin smiled wryly, "There's also the legal and safety issue of, well, chatting up someone from the Union, even an Engineer... Now, I am on polite terms with a few of the ones at the Umbra Port, for fairly obvious and practical reasons, but I can't pretend I'd turn my back on them outside the neutral area. Even in the mundane airport."

Anja wrote:"Yeah possibly but I would think it more likely they would try to take out the more agressive Conventions like the Iteration X if they where going to leave with a bang, if they are even able to do something like that."
The Euthanathos replied.
He shook his head, "Most likely, they'd go for the one that'd be easier to reach and would cause more confusion behind them - Iterators without support are less dangerous than Iterators with a functional support system, after all, regardless of the element of surprise."

Anja wrote:"I have enchanted some bullets to work on ghosts...do you want some?"
Fran asked.
"Basically you need what the Traditions call Spirit and Entropy to affecgt them, a little Prime also never hurt."
Anja wrote:"I have made some of that and I think the bullets Adjan enchanted earlier should work as well."
The death mage commented.
"And off course there is always banishing, binding, dragging them into the physical and beating the living shit out of them and all the other things you can do, in short the way one deal with ghots are magick, the answer is magick."
He nodded, "Also, having control of their Fetters should be of some help, too - the things that hold them back in this little slice of Reality instead of passing on to the hereafter."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright and indeed so, to many things going on at once."
Crexia said but you could see she was still anoyed at herself for the slip up she put high demands on others and even higher demands on herself.

Anja wrote:Jeffry narrowed his eyes.
"Hum...this person are they still a member of the Nephandi? For is so contacting them would be quite illegal if they are nto Fallen though and not a member of the Nephandi anymore, that is another matter."
He said and he looked to Crexia for confirmation. The archmaga nodded at that.
He frowned, "I am not certain of their precise allegiance. I believe they are in hiding from the war, possibly in a house that takes in refugees from all three factions equally... I'm not even sure if they were ever even formally an outright member of the Nephandi; that insecurity, that unknown, is why I say it might be a bit of a legal grey area..."

((OOC: I don't think Colin is lying here, even - granted, the girl is pretty convinced the world sucks, but that's not the same as an apprentice being a full member of the Nephandi...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard 07.10.20 5:09

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin's Post:

'Ooh, you trying to chew me out again? Flavian was a jerkwad who if left to his own devices could end up getting folk killed. People p'haps under my command. Not gonna let that happen, period.' Nicole replied, clearly annoyed at the turn of conversation. A touch upset too.

Anja's Post:

'More... "Yes, Aunt Sarah, I know you can become a massive walking carpet with huge claws in seconds but the answer is still no".'

Anja's Post:

'An Ethernet cable is basic Muggle stuff? Used all the time for making networks and hooking up routers to landlines?' the Etherite replied, giving the Adept with a suspicious look. 'You're just yanking my chain now, ain't ya?'

Colin's Post:

'Well, gotta see if I can't scrounge up a router...' moving back into the main room to see if she could see Jon.

Anja's Post:

'Unless you've suddenly packing ammo for an AK-47, I won't be able to use it.' Nicole replied. 'We need to just make sure every team has someone who can deal with that kind of threat.'

[I'd find it amazing that an Adept didn't know what an Ethernet cable was. It's such a fundamental piece of computer knowledge...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 07.10.20 5:38

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin smiled wryly, "There's also the legal and safety issue of, well, chatting up someone from the Union, even an Engineer... Now, I am on polite terms with a few of the ones at the Umbra Port, for fairly obvious and practical reasons, but I can't pretend I'd turn my back on them outside the neutral area. Even in the mundane airport."

"Yeah that is true, i mean it is not even legal to get involved with the Union."
Fran said.
"Even to talk with them, one thing are neutral places like the Umbral Port or the Spy's Demise, but even there one have to be careful."

He shook his head, "Most likely, they'd go for the one that'd be easier to reach and would cause more confusion behind them - Iterators without support are less dangerous than Iterators with a functional support system, after all, regardless of the element of surprise."

"That is true, if they can get to the Syndicate, the problem is getting to them I think, they are fairly well protected."
The Euthanathos commented.

He nodded, "Also, having control of their Fetters should be of some help, too - the things that hold them back in this little slice of Reality instead of passing on to the hereafter."

"Yeah if we can get some of their fetters that would be exellent, there are no stronger Arcane connection to a ghost."
Fran said and Crexia nodded.
"It would be the thing to have to control them...or destroy them Mr Wainwright."

He frowned, "I am not certain of their precise allegiance. I believe they are in hiding from the war, possibly in a house that takes in refugees from all three factions equally... I'm not even sure if they were ever even formally an outright member of the Nephandi; that insecurity, that unknown, is why I say it might be a bit of a legal grey area..."

Crexia considered for a while then she nodded.
"It is a legal gray area but I would not say that contacting this person and asking them for help with identifying the Labyrinth's leaders to be far enough out into the gray that you can get legal recucaussions for it."
The old lich replied.

'Ooh, you trying to chew me out again? Flavian was a jerkwad who if left to his own devices could end up getting folk killed. People p'haps under my command. Not gonna let that happen, period.' Nicole replied, clearly annoyed at the turn of conversation. A touch upset too.

"No Mr Wainwright is not trying to chew you out Nicole he is tyring to tell you how to express your views and not get chewd out."
Fran shot in.

More... "Yes, Aunt Sarah, I know you can become a massive walking carpet with huge claws in seconds but the answer is still no".'

"Sounds natural to me. I mean it is not like Strwberry listen to me even if my war from is allot stronger and bigger than hers, and I would not even try to mess with Alessa, I have never seen her war from, she just look at you and then you somehow end up doing exactly what she wants."
Coawa said and he scratched his bald head again.

An Ethernet cable is basic Muggle stuff? Used all the time for making networks and hooking up routers to landlines?' the Etherite replied, giving the Adept with a suspicious look. 'You're just yanking my chain now, ain't ya?'

"I know what the cable is but the problem is if that will work actoss dimension bounderies. I have found just using pure data and not relying on physical connections to generally work better."
Chris replied.
"Basically setting something up to play Counterstrike and setting something up to be able to teleport someone across the Gauntlet is a little bit different.

Well, gotta see if I can't scrounge up a router...' moving back into the main room to see if she could see Jon.

When you actually started looking for Jon you found him right next to you holding a router in his hand, holding it out to you.
"Ah you see me? Good here you go."

'Unless you've suddenly packing ammo for an AK-47, I won't be able to use it.' Nicole replied. 'We need to just make sure every team has someone who can deal with that kind of threat.'

"I can enchant those bullets as well."
Fran offered.
"Just give me a minute."

(OOC: He knows but the GM might not know. However his poitn is we are going actosss the Gauntlet which he prefer to do with softwere.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 07.10.20 6:08

[Infirmary 1 20]

Anja wrote:"Good, that is good."
Richard said with a tired smile as he checked on an unconcious woman laying on her stomach on a cot on the floor.
"It seams things are calming down now, I might have time for a bite to eat before someone wakes up and need help, would you like anything?"
He asked as he motioned for Miss White to sit down and have a rest as well.

"No thanks I'm good. No matter where I go people keep trying to feed me. I've eaten enough for today. You guys definitely need it more." Serge said, still looking around the infirmary to see if any patients were in need of some help.

After approximately 15 minutes of anxious resting, Serge felt his phone vibrating.
Anja wrote:Serge you get a text message some time later than your stint helping out in the infirmary.
Colin wrote:He quickly sent a message to Serge, 'Would you kindly ask Kira and/or her Mentor about descriptions of the Labyrinth's leadership? Scanned sketches would be useful, too.'

"Well damn. She just went to sleep as well." Serge said with a frown as he saw what the message said.

He sent a text back to his cabal leader saying, "Sure thing. If you just need a single sketch I can teleport it over to you. If you need multiples for everyone then yeah, I'll get Master Sharaya to scan them and send them out."

He then got up saying to the resting doctors, "Looks like I need to ask Kira something. Hopefully my footsteps wake her up."

He then went back over to Kira, hoping that she was a light sleeper.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 07.10.20 6:59

[Infirmary 1 20]

"No thanks I'm good. No matter where I go people keep trying to feed me. I've eaten enough for today. You guys definitely need it more." Serge said, still looking around the infirmary to see if any patients were in need of some help.

"Very well me and Miss White will just have a quick meal then and we will be right back at it."
Richard said as he sat down the the far wall desk to have a quick meal while Miss White sat down at a chair. You checked on the patients but no one else seamed to be waking up right now.

[15 min later]

"Well damn. She just went to sleep as well." Serge said with a frown as he saw what the message said.

"What was that? Did you get a message?"
Richard asked, he was checking on the IV line that supplied one of the patients with some sort of medicine, or perhaps just fluids, his food break had just lasted five minutes.

He then got up saying to the resting doctors, "Looks like I need to ask Kira something. Hopefully my footsteps wake her up."

He then went back over to Kira, hoping that she was a light sleeper.

Kira was a fairly light sleeper and she did wake up from you coming over to her bed again.
"Hum..."
She muttered in a tired tone of voice.
"Ah...Serge did you need anything else?"

(OOC: Pepole trying to feed Serge, well at least he have not met my D&D character he have a tendency to go into Polish grandmother mode and stuff anyone he do nto feel are plump enough with food. Razz )

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein 07.10.20 7:49

[1:45 Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"What was that? Did you get a message?"
Richard asked, he was checking on the IV line that supplied one of the patients with some sort of medicine, or perhaps just fluids, his food break had just lasted five minutes.

"Yeah. Mr. Wainwright wants me to ask Kira about the leadership of her labyrinth and what they look like." Serge explained, "Would prefer not too but I'd also prefer our raid teams know what their enemies look like."

Anja wrote:Kira was a fairly light sleeper and she did wake up from you coming over to her bed again.
"Hum..."
She muttered in a tired tone of voice.
"Ah...Serge did you need anything else?"

"Yup." Serge said leaning against her bed, pen and sketchpad ready in his hand. "I was asked to get descriptions of your Labyrinth's leadership. Are you ok with giving me those descriptions?"

(OOC: Serge would be a lot chubbier if he accepted everyone's snack offers Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 07.10.20 8:02

[1:45 Infirmary]

"Yeah. Mr. Wainwright wants me to ask Kira about the leadership of her labyrinth and what they look like." Serge explained, "Would prefer not too but I'd also prefer our raid teams know what their enemies look like."

"It should be fine, but try not to scare her or threathen her if she refuse to cooperate."
Richard said with a sigh as he moved on to check on the next patient.
"She...have been traumatixed enough today."

"Yup." Serge said leaning against her bed, pen and sketchpad ready in his hand. "I was asked to get descriptions of your Labyrinth's leadership. Are you ok with giving me those descriptions?"

"I..."
Kira muttered and she looked down at her hands.
"Will I be tortured again if I refuse...or will my Mentor be hurt again?"
She asked nervously shaking slightly.
"I...know these pepole I do not want them to be captured by the Traditions and dragged to Horizon for...for...well you know..."
Tears welled up into the girl's scared eyes.

(OOC: Yeah probably. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next