Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 am

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

"Yeah it looks like it. Me and everyone else who's staying back." Serge replied.

"I think my Mentor will be staying at Steelhaven once she return from the mission she is on, so she can watch over security while Master Morgan is at the Labyrinth."
Stephen said then he sigh.
"I sure home Master Morgan and uncle Adley will be okey...everyone else to off course, but yeah...I will feel better when everyone is back home safely."

"Tell me about it." Serge said with a sigh, "It feels like I've encountered the whole spectrum of enemies today. Vampires, Union, Angry Spirits, Ghosts of varying flavors. Yet Nephandi always come out on top as the worst. Thankfully we've won most of the major battle involving them today."

"Yeah I mean a Massassa is not in and of themselves evil, they might have goals that is at odds with yours and they are terrifying in that they can destroy an Avatar but they can be reasoned with, the same with spirits, but Nephandi they sort of just want to destroy everything, I mean they follow this one narrow type of Nihilism that want reality to just end and they have the power to make it happen unless we stop them, but we will stop them."
The young Hermetic declared softly as he sipped his glass of soda.
"There really is not any choice. I wish I could help out fighting but for now I have to help out where I can so those who are more advanced can kick the Fallen's ass."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:35 am

[Nicole's Apartment, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'That's different. What you're talking about is "the best use of your skills".'

Anja's Post:

'Which is like, good. Only someone utterly nuts or an evil-minded bastard would think of it as nothing or worse, enjoy it.' giving another shrug and discarding the magazine. 'But this ain't like being a cop; the fucker you're trying to bag at is normally trying to do the same to you. Which is why you're there. For most of the ones who get dealt with are fuckers who will cause pain and misery if not stopped.' ending with a sigh, then getting up off the floor with a grunt.

'No spare mag; sorry. You should have put it on the list when me and Fran did the gun run last month.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:48 am

'That's different. What you're talking about is "the best use of your skills".'

Jon just nodded at that.

'Which is like, good. Only someone utterly nuts or an evil-minded bastard would think of it as nothing or worse, enjoy it.' giving another shrug and discarding the magazine. 'But this ain't like being a cop; the fucker you're trying to bag at is normally trying to do the same to you. Which is why you're there. For most of the ones who get dealt with are fuckers who will cause pain and misery if not stopped.' ending with a sigh, then getting up off the floor with a grunt.

"Yeah I know, these guys are Nephandi so they want to literary end the world, it do not get much more fucked up than that and they do want to kill us, so do the Union, they want to kill us just for being Awakened so I am not saying that we are wrong in using deadly force, I am just saying it still sucks."
The Virtual Adept said with a sigh.

'No spare mag; sorry. You should have put it on the list when me and Fran did the gun run last month.'

"Ok thanks, I can just fill up the one I have."
Jon said and he walked over to retrive his magazine to do so.
"Yeah I probably should have but I did not think if it. I will put it on the list next time...probably I should look into getting a secondary weapon as well in case something should happen to the one I got."
He replied as his long, thin fingers worked at their task.
"Then again if I had put something on the list, you would have both forgotten by the time you got there anyway."
Jon added with another sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:34 pm

Anja's Post:

'No, the Union want to kill us for being heretics. Them mystics are just heathens, which means it's not like personal to 'em.' Nicole replied, picking up the large can which apparently bore Cyrillic writing on the top. 'Though a round in the skull does the same damage whether it's business or personal...'

Anja's Post:

'More like I'd get it but forget who like wanted it...' Nicole replied with a little chuckle, sitting down on the arm of the couch and started to gouge open the tin, which turned out to be filled with rifle rounds with the scent of oily grease. 'Anyways... talk to me afterwards. With any luck, we'll end up with a load of weapons salvaged. Hmm... you'd make a good guy to make straw purchases.' looking at Jon for a moment before checking the clips in her webbing and re-loading them where needed.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:48 pm

No, the Union want to kill us for being heretics. Them mystics are just heathens, which means it's not like personal to 'em.' Nicole replied, picking up the large can which apparently bore Cyrillic writing on the top. 'Though a round in the skull does the same damage whether it's business or personal...'

"I am not so sure about that. I mean the Pogrom was started long before any of the Conventions left the Technocrazy, even before the Solificati left the Order of Reason, yes they want to kill us extra, but they also really want to kill the mystics, thinking that if they can just get rid of all the so called Reality Deviants they can create a perfect utopia for the sleepers or some such bullshit."
Jon said with a frown.
"It seams to me to be fairly personal the way they treat the non Technomancer Traditions as well."

More like I'd get it but forget who like wanted it...' Nicole replied with a little chuckle, sitting down on the arm of the couch and started to gouge open the tin, which turned out to be filled with rifle rounds with the scent of oily grease.

"Possibly, but sometimes every trace of my existence just vanish including requests, like when I ordered myself a birthday cake...the baker forgot."
Your Cabalmate said sadly.
"No cake for me."

Anyways... talk to me afterwards. With any luck, we'll end up with a load of weapons salvaged. Hmm... you'd make a good guy to make straw purchases.' looking at Jon for a moment before checking the clips in her webbing and re-loading them where needed.

"Sure I will do that...well I guess we should get down there as soon as possible I think they are waiting for us."
The Virtual Adept commented then he looked confused.
"Straw purchases, like for animals or to make bird feeders and such?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:26 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

The Bonisagus nodded, he rummaged though his bag and found a old, beat up RWS Tarot and dug the Chariot out of it.
"That we can Sodalis, and here in case we need a focus for the summoning."
He said. The card was faded, the deck had clearly been well used. The Bonisagus and two other Hermetics followed you back to where their House Thigh Chantrymate was setting up his ritual on the floor of the garage, which he was sitting on, tapping away at his computer as he prepared his virtual ritual space.

He looked at the card for a moment, having seen tarot decks not for their divinatory use but meditative tool and symbolic meanings. "That should be helpful. I tend to use the old gesture forms but I can use the new ones, if needed." He walked with them back to the garage and then gestured to the cars that they were going to take.

// the air is so bad, when I walked home yesterday there was visible ash falling out of the sky.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:40 pm

[Common Room 1 20]

"I am not so used to the old gestures but I know them so we could use either, it is up to you Sodalis."
The Bonisagus replied with a smile, he looked at the cars.
"Ok if we place the card right between them and do one ritual...calling for speed and protection from The Chariot and then we add on the working for luck?"
The other Hermetic asked.
"That could work."

(OCC: that is horrifying are you ok Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:54 pm

[Nicole's Apartment 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'A bunch of pretentious old mages playing at running the world. But the world left them long ago. We are the future.' Nicole quipped, paraphrasing from Deus Ex as she continued to load her clips. 'But at least you know where you are with them; a return of the Dung Age, wizard's towers and human sacrifices. Not a bunch of traitors who have the audacity to use the world we made against us, or the gall to offer a different vision of the future.' clearly trying to mimic perhaps a ornery senior Unionist.

Anja's Post:

'There's one in the kitchen. Pineapple.' finishing loading her clips and standing up. 'Hmm... you think we'll encounter vampires?'

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh at this. 'No... as in making a purchase for another. Buying like, large amounts of ammo, chemicals or whatever ain't illegal, but sure as fucking hell it's noticed. But... who'll remember you buying them, eh?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:32 am

[Nicole's Apartment 1.00]

'A bunch of pretentious old mages playing at running the world. But the world left them long ago. We are the future.' Nicole quipped, paraphrasing from Deus Ex as she continued to load her clips. 'But at least you know where you are with them; a return of the Dung Age, wizard's towers and human sacrifices. Not a bunch of traitors who have the audacity to use the world we made against us, or the gall to offer a different vision of the future.' clearly trying to mimic perhaps a ornery senior Unionist.

"Well to be honest the mystics never tried to run the world, at least not in the middle ages, though that do not mean they was always nice to the sleepers that crossed their path, but yes while I do not agree with allot of what the mystics did of old I would rather have freedom than the hard, lifeless control of the Union. I would rather have a world of wizard's towers and a human sacrifice now and again though I prefer to avoid the last past, than a world of nothing but control and stasis."
Jon said with a sigh.

'There's one in the kitchen. Pineapple.' finishing loading her clips and standing up. 'Hmm... you think we'll encounter vampires?'

"Ohh cake..."
The Virtual Adept looking a bit more happy then he sigh and shook his head.
"Well...I guess there is no need for that right now...as for vampires, well we are bringing one so there is a chance the Nephandi can have a few as well, I mean the critters exist and we know they have worked with the Nephandi before."

A soft laugh at this. 'No... as in making a purchase for another. Buying like, large amounts of ammo, chemicals or whatever ain't illegal, but sure as fucking hell it's noticed. But... who'll remember you buying them, eh?'

"Ohh...ah...that is what you meant, well yes if I buy something the records of it are likely to just vanish."
Jon confirmed.
"So buying anything that will draw attention it might be helpful if I am the one buying it yes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:51 am

Anja's Post:

'Dunno... they sound as bad as each other. Just like, different bads.' Nicole replied. 'And you may think differently if you're the peasant in rags and having your relatives being the sacrifices.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... s'pose better to take and not need it...' moving back to one of the crates and pulling out a battered-looking sawn-down shotgun. 'If you want a bit, go for it. Cake is meant to be eaten.'

Anja's Post:

'Does that like, include shit like store cameras?' she asked, rooting around the crate of boxes and pulling one out to peek inside.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:00 am

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

Anja wrote:"I think my Mentor will be staying at Steelhaven once she return from the mission she is on, so she can watch over security while Master Morgan is at the Labyrinth."
Stephen said then he sigh.
"I sure home Master Morgan and uncle Adley will be okey...everyone else to off course, but yeah...I will feel better when everyone is back home safely."

"They'll be alright. They'll all be alright. We haven't lost a fight yet and we sure as hell aren't starting now." he said confidently.

Anja wrote:"Yeah I mean a Massassa is not in and of themselves evil, they might have goals that is at odds with yours and they are terrifying in that they can destroy an Avatar but they can be reasoned with, the same with spirits, but Nephandi they sort of just want to destroy everything, I mean they follow this one narrow type of Nihilism that want reality to just end and they have the power to make it happen unless we stop them, but we will stop them."
The young Hermetic declared softly as he sipped his glass of soda.
"There really is not any choice. I wish I could help out fighting but for now I have to help out where I can so those who are more advanced can kick the Fallen's ass."

"Yeah it may suck. These smaller tasks are necessary help ensure that Nephandi ass gets kicked." Serge said with a nod. "You know I had to get that lesson beaten into me? It's good that you know it right off the bat."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 am

[Common Room 1 20]

"I am not so used to the old gestures but I know them so we could use either, it is up to you Sodalis."
The Bonisagus replied with a smile, he looked at the cars.
"Ok if we place the card right between them and do one ritual...calling for speed and protection from The Chariot and then we add on the working for luck?"
The other Hermetic asked.
"That could work."

He nodded. "Before we call anyone up, does anyone have any ideas besides the usual to offer such a spirit or advice for interacting with this type of spirit?"

// I've been better honestly - the air quality looks better but is actually much worse to breathe, it's been very bad.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:52 am

'Dunno... they sound as bad as each other. Just like, different bads.' Nicole replied. 'And you may think differently if you're the peasant in rags and having your relatives being the sacrifices.'

"I would rather be in rags and be sacrificed by an Coven of Verbena, than live in a world with no freedom and where the Union control every thought, every idea and nothing ever changes."
Jon said.
"However I do believe the Traditions ahve gotten a bit further over the last few hundred years."

Hmm... s'pose better to take and not need it...' moving back to one of the crates and pulling out a battered-looking sawn-down shotgun. 'If you want a bit, go for it. Cake is meant to be eaten.'

"I...okey thanks, I mean I can walk and eat at the same time."
Jon said with a grin and he went to the kitchen to get a slice of cake.
"Should I bring a slice for you as well Nick?"

'Does that like, include shit like store cameras?' she asked, rooting around the crate of boxes and pulling one out to peek inside.

"Yes aboslutely, footage of me fail to record, or something happen to the tape or the hard drive, it never get stored for long...it is rather unnerving actually, for when I die, nothing will be left, no memory, no nothing, give it a few days and none of you will even remember I ever existed, I will be as if I never had even been born...I guess it is a shame I am not a bloody Nephandus, they would love that."
Your Cabalmate confirmed sadly.

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

"They'll be alright. They'll all be alright. We haven't lost a fight yet and we sure as hell aren't starting now." he said confidently.

"No The mages of the Boston Tribunal won two months ago that is true however...the way I understand it pepole did die, that is what happens in war, pepole die, including on the winning side."
The young Flambeau whispered with a concerned frown.

"Yeah it may suck. These smaller tasks are necessary help ensure that Nephandi ass gets kicked." Serge said with a nod. "You know I had to get that lesson beaten into me? It's good that you know it right off the bat."

"Well we all can only do what we can right Sir."
Stephen said with a sigh.
"Still it feels wrong to sit here warm and safe while others fight and risk their lives in a damned Labyrinth."

[Garage 1 20]

He nodded. "Before we call anyone up, does anyone have any ideas besides the usual to offer such a spirit or advice for interacting with this type of spirit?"

"Well they are the sub arcetype of the larger archetypes that card tap into, for the Chariot it would stand for speed, victory, sucsesses, choices, accepting a temporary succsess but not resting on your laurals you get the idea, perhaps the spirit would like it if we promised to dedicate a sucsess to his honor, or promised to not stop part way but celebrate a temporary victory and then carrying on in his honor."
The Bonisagus suggjested.
"I also have a bit of Vis on me, spirits eat that stiff right up, litarary."

(OOC: I am sorry to hear that Srtife, I hope the situation will get better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'Interesting, how folks only go on about shit like "freedom" after they've got things like food, health and shelter. Usually, 'cos they're too busy trying not to like, die.' Nicole quipped, checking the end of several shotgun shells. 'And anyways, the "freedom" for the Verbena to have sacrifices kinda clashes with my "freedom" to not be a sacrifice.'

'Which is what freedom always boils down to in the end - power. The "freedom" for the powerful to exploit the weak.' taking several shells and putting them into a pocket of her webbing. 'Fuck that.'

Anja's Post:

'Nah, I'm fine. It's in the old tin on top of the microwave.'

Anja's Post:

'C'mon, there has to be something to do about that. Like why the fuck is it happening in the first place?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:03 pm

'Interesting, how folks only go on about shit like "freedom" after they've got things like food, health and shelter. Usually, 'cos they're too busy trying not to like, die.' Nicole quipped, checking the end of several shotgun shells. 'And anyways, the "freedom" for the Verbena to have sacrifices kinda clashes with my "freedom" to not be a sacrifice.'

"Well perhaps if they understood that their every thought, idea and desire would be controlled and that the world would be a static hell then some would walue well not living in that world that the Union want as more important than survival. And yes, there should be rules not to sacrifice anyone or randomly kill pepole, but what I am talking about here is not the weaker party suffering under might makes right conditions but a world where everything is controlled, which is something far different."
Jon replied.

'Which is what freedom always boils down to in the end - power. The "freedom" for the powerful to exploit the weak.' taking several shells and putting them into a pocket of her webbing. 'Fuck that.'

"No that is might makes right and is not freedom, however would you rather live in a world where some have more power than others and might end up misusing said power or in a world where you are a little drone that are fed what to think, what to feel, if emotions will even be a thing anymore, what to do and the world is a non changing static hell but oh so safe? There are worse things that can happen than bullies having their way, not that it means we should just accept bullies but there need to be perspective."
The Virtual Adept replied and he raised an eyebrow.

'Nah, I'm fine. It's in the old tin on top of the microwave.'

"Ok.."
Jon said and then you heard eager scraping of the cake knife int he tin.

'C'mon, there has to be something to do about that. Like why the fuck is it happening in the first place?'

"Well they say nothing is impossible but I have not found a cure yet."
Your Cabalmate said with his mouth full of cake.
"It started after a massive Paradox backlash I had, so well basically it is a Paradox flaw."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:34 pm

[Garage 1 20]

Well they are the sub arcetype of the larger archetypes that card tap into, for the Chariot it would stand for speed, victory, sucsesses, choices, accepting a temporary succsess but not resting on your laurals you get the idea, perhaps the spirit would like it if we promised to dedicate a sucsess to his honor, or promised to not stop part way but celebrate a temporary victory and then carrying on in his honor."
The Bonisagus suggjested.
"I also have a bit of Vis on me, spirits eat that stiff right up, litarary."

"As I feel a final victory or what I call success will be a long fight, comprised of several battles over perhaps an aeon and extending outside my lifetime whereupon I feel comfortable making a hard limit upon my promises, perhaps an alternative would be to dedicate steps upon the path related to this archetype as represented by the tarot. In meditations, there are paths associated with them, and I believe it would be an appropriate dedication, at least for myself to make for them," he suggested.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 pm

[Garage 1 20]

"As I feel a final victory or what I call success will be a long fight, comprised of several battles over perhaps an aeon and extending outside my lifetime whereupon I feel comfortable making a hard limit upon my promises, perhaps an alternative would be to dedicate steps upon the path related to this archetype as represented by the tarot.

"Yes I believe that would be a good alternative, dedicating a step upon the path to the spirit should be a good gift."
The Bonisagus agreed.

In meditations, there are paths associated with them, and I believe it would be an appropriate dedication, at least for myself to make for them," he suggested.

"I can make a similar decication, that and some Vis should be enough of a gift to please the spirit we call Sodalis."
The other Hermetic agreed.
"Do we have all the details we need for the ritual then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:20 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yet the Union helped build a world where folks could actually start thinking beyond like just physical survival.' Nicole retorted, hunting out a rather decrepit hairdryer from somewhere in her acres of possessions and plugging it in.

Anja's Post:

'Same difference - for the first leads to the second.' getting the bowl of arm-pieces and putting it by the hairdryer. 'Demands for freedom normally mean shit like "the right for the rich to get richer", "the right for me to force my fundie views on everyone else" and "the right to bully and beat down the ordinaries".' ending with a snarl, turning on the hairdryer and starting to dry the bits of her artificial arm.

Anja's Post:

'I see...'

[And one of those events where folk remember Nick's a damn Red... *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:11 pm

'Yet the Union helped build a world where folks could actually start thinking beyond like just physical survival.' Nicole retorted, hunting out a rather decrepit hairdryer from somewhere in her acres of possessions and plugging it in.

"Aboslutely the Order of Reason, the early Union was better than the Traditions, something both of our groups knew which is why we was with them up to a point. If the Union had kept the vision of the Order of Reason, the idea to protect and enlighten the masses I would support them and not the Traditions, I do not think the Adepts or the Difference Engineers which we was once known as have ever really supported the Pogrom, but we accepted it while working to make it milder, but we did support the idea of enlightening the masses, the problem is that the Technocratic Union no longer have the ideal of putting power in the hands of the masses or make them think, now they only seek control, and so here the Adepts are backing the Council of the Nine Mystic Traditions instead."
Jon reolied.

'Same difference - for the first leads to the second.' getting the bowl of arm-pieces and putting it by the hairdryer. 'Demands for freedom normally mean shit like "the right for the rich to get richer", "the right for me to force my fundie views on everyone else" and "the right to bully and beat down the ordinaries".' ending with a snarl, turning on the hairdryer and starting to dry the bits of her artificial arm.

"Acrually no it is not, if you actually think that someone having freedom leads to them opressing others then sorry but why are you here with the Traditions?"
The Virtual Adept asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"No demands for freedom do not mean what you think it means...but seriosuly you are in favor of opressing freedom, as long as everyone have food and water and shelter then it is okey if they are not free? For that is fucking slavery and I would rather starve than be a slave."
Jon said firmly taking another bite of cake.
"Yes sure some are assholes, which is why one needs laws to restrict what you can do to others, but one do not need laws restricting freedom, I mean freedom is the single, most important thing, without it we are animals and nothing else. Survival is not enough, life have to actually mean something."

'I see...'

"So if you need anything, just let me know and I will buy it for you and it will be off the records."
Your Cabalmate offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Anja's Post:

'Another reason they hate us. We're reminders of what they used to be, and that's painful. So it's our fault.' Nicole replied, continuing to dry the pieces of arm with the hairdryer.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... the world outside the window?' the Etherite retorted. 'We have a beautiful country, built on freedom.' the sarcasm here obvious. 'Most of us don't have actual freedom - just the illusion of freedom. You can have any colour you like as long as it's black, you can have freedom of expression when you buy your own paper and so on.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes; when them "freedoms" include the ones which hurt others and-or society.' Nicole replied, over the din of the elderly hairdryer. 'A land of "freedom" alone ends up being a Randian shithole. But the world has to be advanced enough to support freedom. As in real freedom.'

Anja's Post:

'Will do.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:16 pm

'Another reason they hate us. We're reminders of what they used to be, and that's painful. So it's our fault.' Nicole replied, continuing to dry the pieces of arm with the hairdryer.

"That might be so yes, if they even care what they once was anymore."
Jon muttered with a frown.
"Perhaps they just hate us because we are turn coats in their eyes."

'Erm... the world outside the window?' the Etherite retorted. 'We have a beautiful country, built on freedom.' the sarcasm here obvious.

"America was never built on freedom, that someone have misused the term do nto invaludate the concept Nicole."
The Virtual Adept replied simply.

'Most of us don't have actual freedom - just the illusion of freedom. You can have any colour you like as long as it's black, you can have freedom of expression when you buy your own paper and so on.'

"Yes and my Tradition works for more actual freedom for everyone, however, there are degrees to things, and what we have is a whole lot better than what we would have under Technocrazy rule."
Jon replied.
"Though yes it should be better and will be better once we win."

Yes; when them "freedoms" include the ones which hurt others and-or society.' Nicole replied, over the din of the elderly hairdryer. 'A land of "freedom" alone ends up being a Randian shithole. But the world has to be advanced enough to support freedom. As in real freedom.'

"Did I not just say I think there should be laws preventing one induvidual from hurting another, we are social beings meaning most need and want to live in some sort of society so there have to be some rules for how to treat others around you, however havint rules that say you can not attack and harm others villy nilly do not takre away from personal freedoms, those end at the door of another, who have their own freedom."
The technomancer replied.
"What you are saying here sounds a whole lot like you can have what freedoms the political party controlling the nation say you have, you have the freedom to be just like us and that just is not freedom. Real freedom is simple, it do not need to be directed by politics."

'Will do.'

Jon nodded at this.
"Well then, that out of the way, we really should think about heading downstairs now, the others are waiting for us I think."
The Virtual Adept urged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:40 pm

[Garage 1 20]

"I can make a similar decication, that and some Vis should be enough of a gift to please the spirit we call Sodalis."
The other Hermetic agreed.
"Do we have all the details we need for the ritual then?"

He nodded. "Then yes, I believe so." He sidled up towards the blue haired Thigg and said, "I think we're ready, we have a suggestion for the spirit to request assistance from also."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:50 pm

[Garage 1 20]

The Ruby Child nodded.
"Ok so what are we giving the spirit and what spirit are er calling?"
He asked scratching his blue hair.
"So how are doing this ritual?"
The House Thig member asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:12 am

Anja's Post:

'I think some do, like subconsciously. Shoot the messenger. Hate the one who points out that you'd sold out your principles for power and wealth. No, you'd not sold out... just become "realistic".' tone on this bit sounding like the Etherite wanted to spit.

Anja's Post:

'Sure it was. The freedom for rich white men to fuck over everyone else. And so it remains.' switching off the hairdryer and moving to remove the rubber skin on her arm. Jon will notice that the hand appeared to be a rather makeshift affair, and one of the plates on her forearm bore a serious dent and crack.

'If I'm using the term wrong, so is most folk in the States.'

Anja's Post:

'Well obviously, for we have a level of technology which can like support more freedoms than say, the Middle Ages. Tech, we must remember that most Mystics resisted being brought out. And still do resist.' Nicole replied, now starting to remove her spare hand.

Anja's Post:

'Them laws end up being torn down in the name of "freedom". Country ends up becoming increasingly unfree as those with power and wealth use their "freedom" to take more from others. In the end, your "freedoms" are the freedoms to have shit things happen to you.' the Etherite replied in a matter-of-fact tone, now re-assembling her hand.

'Like it or not, but shitlords like the Kochs, loons like the Tea Party and idiots like the Christian Right have stolen your precious word freedom and fucked her sideways. If you're describing what I think you are, find a different word to describe it, not one which is tainted to hell. Which is why I don't care much about technical "freedoms" which are only enjoyed by the rich.'

Anja's Post:

'Them? What, the hollow placemen, self-serving careerists and corrupt lobbyists? They can shove their capitalist "democracy" up their bloated asses, along with their precious "freedom".' Nicole replied with a sneer, at this point giving a jerk of her artificial fingers, a set of sharp blades flicking out on command.

Anja's Post:

'Not ready yet.' she replied, now spraying her finger-blades with a can of WD-40. 'If you're all ready, you can like help me a bit.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:48 am

I think some do, like subconsciously. Shoot the messenger. Hate the one who points out that you'd sold out your principles for power and wealth. No, you'd not sold out... just become "realistic".' tone on this bit sounding like the Etherite wanted to spit.

"I guess it might be so for some I do not know the minds of all Technocrats."
Jon replied with a shrug.

'Sure it was. The freedom for rich white men to fuck over everyone else. And so it remains.' switching off the hairdryer and moving to remove the rubber skin on her arm. Jon will notice that the hand appeared to be a rather makeshift affair, and one of the plates on her forearm bore a serious dent and crack.

"No it was not built on freedom, one group opressing another is not freedom and using that they have misused the word to argument that we should live in some hell where the state dictate everything for us is not right either."
The Virtual Adept said then he glanced over to your arm with a concerned frown.
"That dent should probably be taken care of."
He commented.

If I'm using the term wrong, so is most folk in the States.'

"Most folks in the States do use the term worng."
Jon replied simply.

'Well obviously, for we have a level of technology which can like support more freedoms than say, the Middle Ages. Tech, we must remember that most Mystics resisted being brought out. And still do resist.' Nicole replied, now starting to remove her spare hand.

"We have more technology now than earlier yes so we can live more comfortable lives. It is not comfortable lives the mystics was against though, it was their magick loosing power with the hardening of the Paradigm, which I completely understand."
The young Virtual Adept replied.

Them laws end up being torn down in the name of "freedom". Country ends up becoming increasingly unfree as those with power and wealth use their "freedom" to take more from others. In the end, your "freedoms" are the freedoms to have shit things happen to you.' the Etherite replied in a matter-of-fact tone, now re-assembling her hand.

'Like it or not, but shitlords like the Kochs, loons like the Tea Party and idiots like the Christian Right have stolen your precious word freedom and fucked her sideways. If you're describing what I think you are, find a different word to describe it, not one which is tainted to hell. Which is why I don't care much about technical "freedoms" which are only enjoyed by the rich.'

"And your alternative to living in freedom, with the risk that someone will harm another is what? A hell where the state dictate everyone and everyone is controlled, and everything somethone think or feel or do have to be approved by a comittee to make sure everyone have the same amount of power and resources and everyone think correctly? How the hell would that be better than any other form of slavery? You complain what living in freedom might lead to but give no alternative."
The Cabalmate said firmly.

Them? What, the hollow placemen, self-serving careerists and corrupt lobbyists? They can shove their capitalist "democracy" up their bloated asses, along with their precious "freedom".' Nicole replied with a sneer, at this point giving a jerk of her artificial fingers, a set of sharp blades flicking out on command.

"So you prefer the control the Union want to enforce, a nice, comfortable prison?"
Jon challanged.

'Not ready yet.' she replied, now spraying her finger-blades with a can of WD-40. 'If you're all ready, you can like help me a bit.'

"Ok...let me see what I can do."
Jon said and he swallowed the last of his cake and he sat down next to you.
"What do you need me to do."

(OOC: Perhaps we should split the scene so the others do nto have to wait longer than they already have, and have Nicole come down to the garage in one scene while we continiue the talk with Jon in the other.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next