Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

4 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 2 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:16 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

'Don't think it even meets fire-code, sir. Though our location does help as a full-out assault is less likely.'

"Well we do have some escape ladders on the side of the building and a sprinkler system so I suspect the fire code is covered but yes it is hard for the Union to go after a Chantry right in the middle of a residential area."
Jeffry agreed with a frown, he really hated the Technocracy.
"To many potential witnesses, they can not silence them all."

[Seattle, 1.45]

Nicole didn't buy in to that feeling being anything magical whatsoever. However, she did trust her gut instinct, which had served her well. On glancing and seeing the target starting their approach, suppressed a little smile. Instead hauled herself up off the crates, giving a little groan as she did so, playing the surly hungover worker called into work on their day off. Giving Serge a clear look of disdain, she then took a long drag from her cigarette and flicked it out of the van.

'If you quite done, kid p'haps we can make this delivery?' she said sourly, accent thick, moving out of the van's rear and jumping out onto the ground.

The big man glanced over at Nicole and frowned then he shrugged.
"I was told you had some paperwork for me, the kid's tablet have stopped working."
He grunted.

(OOC: Indeed it will and the fact that she is very creative also helps.)
(OOC 2: There is no particular custom for mashed broccoli but I enjoy it and it go well with allot of types of meat.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 2 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:31 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:"I don't know about companies but I know I don't trust all of this modern technology. I mean it have it's uses by all means but ti also help to make this world into a hell of plastic and glass with no wonder or soul."
Big Chris grumbled.
"Well that is not your problem kid let us get the counter top signed for so you can be on your way I am sure you have more stops to get to."
He added with a shrug and another grunt for good measure.

"A hell of plastic and glass..." Serge said, realizing those words sounded quite familiar to him. "You know my aunt's worried about something similar....but your right. Now's not the time for musing about the death of the soul. Let's go get your countertop. And hope that it hasn't been mixed up with some poor kids Christmas party decorations."

Anja wrote:The big man told Ellie to stay again then the trudged out into the rain following Serge's directions.
"This better not be another club's party effects again."
He grumbled.

Nicole and the rest of you, from where you are hidden, well with Nicole not so much hidden you see Serge on the way with a absolutely huge man. Nicole the senses given by your Ratkin blood sort of react you can feel the danger of this man, I mean it is nothing to bad but it is like if you feel a warning deep inside honed for generation by creatures used to fighting not to get crushed underfoot. Serge seamed to have the big man fooled though and he was following behind the Cultist while grumbling about mix ups in shipping and hoping some frilly shit of a nightclub have not gotten his kinky counter top.
Nicole wrote:Nicole didn't buy in to that feeling being anything magical whatsoever. However, she did trust her gut instinct, which had served her well. On glancing and seeing the target starting their approach, suppressed a little smile. Instead hauled herself up off the crates, giving a little groan as she did so, playing the surly hungover worker called into work on their day off. Giving Serge a clear look of disdain, she then took a long drag from her cigarette and flicked it out of the van.

'If you quite done, kid p'haps we can make this delivery?' she said sourly, accent thick, moving out of the van's rear and jumping out onto the ground.
Anja wrote:The big man glanced over at Nicole and frowned then he shrugged.
"I was told you had some paperwork for me, the kid's tablet have stopped working."
He grunted.

Upon seeing Nicole, Serge put on a similar disdainful look and said, "Look who decided to show up. Anyway unless you got a better idea, I'll go get the paperwork. Maybe you can do some actual work and maybe show our friend here the countertop."

He began to make his way to one of the vans, aiming to put himself far away from where the action would take place, just like Nicole and his Uncle had requested.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:50 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

"A hell of plastic and glass..." Serge said, realizing those words sounded quite familiar to him. "You know my aunt's worried about something similar....but your right. Now's not the time for musing about the death of the soul. Let's go get your countertop. And hope that it hasn't been mixed up with some poor kids Christmas party decorations."

"Wise woman that aunt of yours then kid."
Big Chris said.
"Yes let us get the countertop...also I bet we can do more with cupcakes and balloons in the worst case scenario than some poor soccer mom can do with a kinky countertop at her kid's birthday party."
He said then he chuckle.
"After then party when she and the kid's father is alone though...hehe..."

Upon seeing Nicole, Serge put on a similar disdainful look and said, "Look who decided to show up. Anyway unless you got a better idea, I'll go get the paperwork. Maybe you can do some actual work and maybe show our friend here the countertop."

The big man watched the exchange but he did not seam very interested.
"Listen I don't care about your job situation just show me the countertop and the paperwork and let us all get on with our day."
He grumbled.

(OOC: I rolled for Nicole a bit of a task since I only have four D10's with me here, and for Big Chris, anyone else who intend to fight him please roll to see who go first. Nick go before Big Chris.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:15 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

'And kind of hard to bill yourself as "protector of Sleepers" if you keep on icing loads in crossfires.' she replied wryly.

[Seattle, 1.45]

Serge's Post:

'Oh for fuck's sake...' she replied, glaring at Serge like he'd personally broken the item. 'Go and get it...' rapidly calculating the situation...

The plan was - on paper at least - simple. Close distance to target nonchalantly, then to grab them with her artificial hand to pump through voltage to - ideally - incapacitate. Then while shocking them, to pull out blade with other hand from back-holster and bury it with as much force as she could muster in the back of their neck. One little stab, but if she could hit the right spot a critical one - between the vertebrate, severing the spinal cord and thus, all their ability to counter-attack due to isolating the brain from muscle control. Back of neck, not front; for the rear was much closer to the surface and even when heavily muscular, little fleshy covering. His large size was going to be a bit of an issue, but she felt she was large enough to be able to get 'access' to his neck without having to jump. An old move, popularised by various commando groups; folks who like Nicole wanted combat situations to be ended as quickly and decisively as possible.

...'Yeah, two crates for premium delivery.' she continued, turning to the man and giving a little faux-yawn. 'No description or sender info on manifest. Want to check contents before I haul them out?' hoping he wouldn't think it was odd she was approaching him.

[Attempting 'Shocking Touch' if she can get in range; her hand is all ready for it. Plus, that blade has been treated to make it more lucky, so more likely to hit that sweet spot. But I'll do another round of RP if she's unable to get within range in one round.]

[Take it you've not heard of Nihil dice roller?. Simple little programme, can be put on flash drive, along with game-critical pdfs etc. Which I do. Can also install it on to computers. Plus, bet there's a phone app for that.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:48 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

'And kind of hard to bill yourself as "protector of Sleepers" if you keep on icing loads in crossfires.' she replied wryly.

"Indeed so Miss Bouchard, so our location give us some protection, but it could always be better."
Jeffry said.
"Let us discuss this further after the mission."

[Seattle, 1.45]

...'Yeah, two crates for premium delivery.' she continued, turning to the man and giving a little faux-yawn. 'No description or sender info on manifest. Want to check contents before I haul them out?' hoping he wouldn't think it was odd she was approaching him.

"Yeah, we got a package miss delivered not long ago I want to check it got the right content this time."
The big man said and he nodded and took a step forwards. You do get within range to grab for the large man. You manage to get your hand on him and send the charge into him. Big Chris scream, but the electricity seamed to have far less effect that desired and the counter attack and land a punch in your midsection, it felt like being hit by a jackhammer and sent you staggering back.
"What the fuck is this? Are you fucking Society of Leopold?"
The big man roared.

(OOC: I do have a die roller on my phone and there is one in the discord chat I have open on my phone so yeah I could use that. Anyway you do some damage to Big Chris but he is built like a tank and can take allot of damage. His punch do eight bashing damage. Trolls get dangerously strong.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:04 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

Resisting the urge to not throw up while avoiding falling over, Nicole finished drawing her blade, and then brandishing it, hoping to get - and keep - his attention.

'Agents for the Prince.' she'll reply, hoping to mildly head-fuck the man while riding out the momentary lethergy wave from depleting her energy reserves.

[What, didn't even knock him back a bit? Tough mother...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:50 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Resisting the urge to not throw up while avoiding falling over, Nicole finished drawing her blade, and then brandishing it, hoping to get - and keep - his attention.

'Agents for the Prince.' she'll reply, hoping to mildly head-fuck the man while riding out the momentary lethergy wave from depleting her energy reserves.

"Fucking vampire politics...your bosses are worse than the fucking nobles and that is saying something!"
Big Chris replied with a grunt as he prepared to lounge after you.

(OOC: Well he is a damned troll they are well they are trolls. I will also wait for Big Chris to move again until Warp and Jeremy have had a chance to reply again.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:33 am

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"I do not know what an EMP is Mr Wainwright but what you talk about sound practical for a Umbral conflict, see if you can work out the details and come to me with the result."
Jeffry ordered.
Colin nodded, "EMP is, well, electro-magnetic pulse. Has a tendency to short out electronics. The Scrambler will do something similar to signals, without actually harming machines."

Nicole wrote:'I know; plan to see if we can get some teeth for the ship too.' ending with a nod.
Anja wrote:"That would be useful Miss Bouchard, the shuttle is capable of middle Umbra travel but it is under armed for such a voyage, there are things out there I would not want to face unarmed."
The Chief said and he nodded approvingly.
He smiled wryly, "I'm thinking something like a GAU-8/A, myself. Low power consumption, decent output... getting Primium munitions would, of course, be a significant bonus, but the standard armor piercing/high explosive incendiary mix should be able to discourage most hostile entities."

Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that.
"Keep med updated of the progress with this project."
He instructed.
He nodded, "Of course, Sir."

[Seattle, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Yes he is, so everything is indeed relative. However this man might be a bit of a challenge to take down."
Mia commented.
"All of your group should be careful."
He smirked, 'Aren't we always cautiously reckless?'

((Initiative roll: 3+3+4=10))

Nicole wrote:'Oh for fuck's sake...' she replied, glaring at Serge like he'd personally broken the item. 'Go and get it...' rapidly calculating the situation...

The plan was - on paper at least - simple. Close distance to target nonchalantly, then to grab them with her artificial hand to pump through voltage to - ideally - incapacitate. Then while shocking them, to pull out blade with other hand from back-holster and bury it with as much force as she could muster in the back of their neck. One little stab, but if she could hit the right spot a critical one - between the vertebrate, severing the spinal cord and thus, all their ability to counter-attack due to isolating the brain from muscle control. Back of neck, not front; for the rear was much closer to the surface and even when heavily muscular, little fleshy covering. His large size was going to be a bit of an issue, but she felt she was large enough to be able to get 'access' to his neck without having to jump. An old move, popularised by various commando groups; folks who like Nicole wanted combat situations to be ended as quickly and decisively as possible.

Anja wrote:"Yeah, we got a package miss delivered not long ago I want to check it got the right content this time."
The big man said and he nodded and took a step forwards. You do get within range to grab for the large man. You manage to get your hand on him and send the charge into him. Big Chris scream, but the electricity seamed to have far less effect that desired and the counter attack and land a punch in your midsection, it felt like being hit by a jackhammer and sent you staggering back.
The big man roared.
Nicole wrote:Resisting the urge to not throw up while avoiding falling over, Nicole finished drawing her blade, and then brandishing it, hoping to get - and keep - his attention.

Anja wrote:"Fucking vampire politics...your bosses are worse than the fucking nobles and that is saying something!"
Following Nicole's lead, he waited for the moment when Chris had his back turned juuuust right, and stepped out from behind the car to aim the harpoon diagonally upwards, from just under the ribs and up toward the opposite lung, through a kidney if possible, "Lilyandra got reckless, and you're a liability with her."

((Attacking Chris like that, not sure exactly where the diff ends up, with the little timing spell on the harpoon, but... dex+melee: 1,3,6,7,9... Now what the heck would the damage of that thing be, assuming I actually hit? Razz ))

((OOC: Mashed broccoli isn't really a thing, I think it's more of a puree thing. Which is brilliant, by the way. Personally, I like a broccoli/cauliflower mix puree'd like that, works well with most red meats. As for veal, eh... I'm of the school of thought that says that the cow is the only known species to change sex and age at the butcher's... Wink ))

((OOC2: Also, just watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife tonight. It's the Ghostbusters movie we've waited for for 30 years. Screw the 2016 one, that never happened. They brought back everyone from the old gang, except Louis Tully, since Rick Moranis has retired from the big screen. And I mean everyone. Egon Spengler is alive, briefly, for the opening scene, and... you can kind of feel Harold Ramis being there in spirit throughout. They got it right! And stay until after the credits, there's a mid- and post-credits stinger you'll want to see.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:10 am

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:The big man watched the exchange but he did not seam very interested.
"Listen I don't care about your job situation just show me the countertop and the paperwork and let us all get on with our day."
He grumbled.
Nicole wrote:'Oh for fuck's sake...' she replied, glaring at Serge like he'd personally broken the item. 'Go and get it...' rapidly calculating the situation...

Serge went and stood on the far side of the scene next to the van and braced himself for what was about to unfold. As Nicole approached the Big Chris, a pang of guilt shot through him. He had treated everything really casually up until now. Just having fun fooling the troll and feeling important and useful to his chantrymates.

But in the seconds before the fight had begun, Serge now finally understood that he had led a man to his death. And it wasn't a man he hated or despised. It was a man he had a rather pleasant conversation with. A man who likely shared many of the same worries that he did. And Serge had all but guaranteed his death.

Nicole wrote:...'Yeah, two crates for premium delivery.' she continued, turning to the man and giving a little faux-yawn. 'No description or sender info on manifest. Want to check contents before I haul them out?' hoping he wouldn't think it was odd she was approaching him.
Anja wrote:
You do get within range to grab for the large man. You manage to get your hand on him and send the charge into him. Big Chris scream, but the electricity seamed to have far less effect that desired and the counter attack and land a punch in your midsection, it felt like being hit by a jackhammer and sent you staggering back.
The big man roared.
Nicole wrote:'Agents for the Prince.' she'll reply, hoping to mildly head-fuck the man while riding out the momentary lethergy wave from depleting her energy reserves.
Anja wrote:"Fucking vampire politics...your bosses are worse than the fucking nobles and that is saying something!"
Colin wrote:Following Nicole's lead, he waited for the moment when Chris had his back turned juuuust right, and stepped out from behind the car to aim the harpoon diagonally upwards, from just under the ribs and up toward the opposite lung, through a kidney if possible, "Lilyandra got reckless, and you're a liability with her."

As the fight begun, Serge put all his troubling thoughts aside and pulled out a small notepad from his pocket. Everyone had implored him not to join in the fight. And after his small rapport with the bouncer, he wasn't sure if he could even bring himself to harm the troll. But he still wanted to at least try to mitigate the harm that fell on both sides.

Inside it's pages he began to draw something. A man being bounded tight by iron chains. He spent his time on the drawing, though he worried that by the time he was finished there wouldn't be anyone to cast it on.

(OOC: Initiative: 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 )

(OOC2: Dex + Art to lower the Arete roll of the next spell cast by the drawing.

Roll: 1, 3, 4, 3, 9, 10 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:42 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin nodded, "EMP is, well, electro-magnetic pulse. Has a tendency to short out electronics. The Scrambler will do something similar to signals, without actually harming machines."

"I see."
Jeffry said though he was clearly not really grasping the concept.

He smiled wryly, "I'm thinking something like a GAU-8/A, myself. Low power consumption, decent output... getting Primium munitions would, of course, be a significant bonus, but the standard armor piercing/high explosive incendiary mix should be able to discourage most hostile entities."

"That might indeed work, if you can get it to function in the Umbra Mr Wainwright."
The Chief agreed.
"Remember the physics of the Umbra is not the same as our own."

He nodded, "Of course, Sir."

The old Hermetic nodded at that.
"Excellent."

[Seattle, 1.45]

He smirked, 'Aren't we always cautiously reckless?'

"Indeed we are, but try not to get hurt a good host is hard to find."
Mia said and she sipped her tea and leaned back in her chair with a slight smile on her lips.

Following Nicole's lead, he waited for the moment when Chris had his back turned juuuust right, and stepped out from behind the car to aim the harpoon diagonally upwards, from just under the ribs and up toward the opposite lung, through a kidney if possible, "Lilyandra got reckless, and you're a liability with her."

The big man half turned to find out who was talking to him and you managed to get him in the arm, he was dangerously fast though for his bulk so he manages to avoid being hit where you wanted. The bouncer screamed in pain though when the iron hit him and he re directed his efforts to Colin, clearly Big Chris now very much wanted you dead.
"You will not lay one finger on Lilyandra!"
He hissed.

As the fight begun, Serge put all his troubling thoughts aside and pulled out a small notepad from his pocket. Everyone had implored him not to join in the fight. And after his small rapport with the bouncer, he wasn't sure if he could even bring himself to harm the troll. But he still wanted to at least try to mitigate the harm that fell on both sides.

Inside it's pages he began to draw something. A man being bounded tight by iron chains. He spent his time on the drawing, though he worried that by the time he was finished there wouldn't be anyone to cast it on.

As a changeling Big Chris was more in tune with imagination and chains appeared out of nowhere restricting his movements though they where not yet fully manifested clearly your drawing was having an effect.

(OOC: You do hit but only with one success, same damage as a spear I would think plus the issue that come with iron for fae.)

(OOC 2: It is moshed made exactly the same way as moshed potatoes, boil the broccoli until it is soft, just a stomper the same you would use for potatoes, add a little butter and salt and pepper to taste and mosh it until it have the consistency of moshed potatoes.)

(OOC: 3 Colin go right after Nicole then, Serge go last, if the fight stretch on I will let the others join in as well. I will also let Nicole reply first. I usually do not bother much with initiative order but a Troll have enormous damage potential so who get their shit out first matters this time so I will reply for Big Chris once Nicole have gotten another round.)

(OOC 4: Yeah I look forwards to seeing that film.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:11 pm

((Since Nick seems to be disconnected for a while, I'm just jumping the queue a little... Just a little.))

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"That might indeed work, if you can get it to function in the Umbra Mr Wainwright."
The Chief agreed.
"Remember the physics of the Umbra is not the same as our own."
Colin nodded, "At the ranges that particular weapon is usually fired, though, I should think some, if not all, effectiveness should remain. After all, we would be taking a bit of highly opinionated Reality with us into the Umbra. Oh, I'm sure it wouldn't work in the Deep, but it should at least hold up out to a little past the Horizon."

[Seattle, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Indeed we are, but try not to get hurt a good host is hard to find."
Mia said and she sipped her tea and leaned back in her chair with a slight smile on her lips.
He smiled thinly, 'Well, I should hate to be separated from you now, with all the work we still have left to do...'

((OOC: So spears are Strength+1L, so that means Chris gets 6,6,8,9... Oh, jeeze, that's diff 6, isn't it? He can't soak iron very well, can he? That arm might be a bit out of it now...))

Anja wrote:The big man half turned to find out who was talking to him and you managed to get him in the arm, he was dangerously fast though for his bulk so he manages to avoid being hit where you wanted. The bouncer screamed in pain though when the iron hit him and he re directed his efforts to Colin, clearly Big Chris now very much wanted you dead.
"You will not lay one finger on Lilyandra!"
He hissed.
He shook his head, "Not your decision... Not mine, either. But she threatens the Masquerade with her business, and her pet Mage Lily, so we're bringing her in. Restrained, but, er, alive."

Jeremy wrote:As the fight begun, Serge put all his troubling thoughts aside and pulled out a small notepad from his pocket. Everyone had implored him not to join in the fight. And after his small rapport with the bouncer, he wasn't sure if he could even bring himself to harm the troll. But he still wanted to at least try to mitigate the harm that fell on both sides.

Anja wrote:As a changeling Big Chris was more in tune with imagination and chains appeared out of nowhere restricting his movements though they where not yet fully manifested clearly your drawing was having an effect.
He arched an eyebrow, then smiled slyly, aiming the harpoon to hook Chris' knee with the barbs, to force him down in a kneeling position to make the shackling easier.

((OOC: I guess this technically counts as a "Sweep" maneuver, p. 422, so diff 8, minus whatever bonuses Colin gets for the iron harpoon and the timing enchantment: 3,4,8,8,0. Well, then... the maneuver technically doesn't do damage, but that's an iron barb to the back of the knee, so... your call.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:07 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin nodded, "At the ranges that particular weapon is usually fired, though, I should think some, if not all, effectiveness should remain. After all, we would be taking a bit of highly opinionated Reality with us into the Umbra. Oh, I'm sure it wouldn't work in the Deep, but it should at least hold up out to a little past the Horizon."

"Well yes and now, things like distance, sizes, weight and so on tend to be irrelevant in the Umbra once you leave the Penumbra, you see the Umbra a certain way due to your own bias nothing else, I am not so sure mundane ballistics will work the same way."
Jeffry said.
"But it might closer to the Penumbra and hear reality zones that support it."

[Seattle, 1.45]

He smiled thinly, 'Well, I should hate to be separated from you now, with all the work we still have left to do...'

"Yes we have...much to still set right."
Mia said.
"Be careful but I am sure you will do well my host you tend to survive no matter what, just make sure you keep that up."

He shook his head, "Not your decision... Not mine, either. But she threatens the Masquerade with her business, and her pet Mage Lily, so we're bringing her in. Restrained, but, er, alive."

Big Chris howled in pain as the spear throre into his arm and caught on bone there, the wounded arm sort of twitched you have a feeling important muscle and nerves had been damaged rendering the arm pretty useless.
"I am going to squash you as bug!"
He declared as he turned fully to face Colin, his wounded arm still twitching.
"And then I will find whoever you work for and ram your spine up teir ass!"

He arched an eyebrow, then smiled slyly, aiming the harpoon to hook Chris' knee with the barbs, to force him down in a kneeling position to make the shackling easier.

You sweep towards Big Chris's knees in order to get him off his feet to assist Serge's attempts to bind him, the big man proved to be fast as well as strong though for he managed to jump out of the way, then he quickly closed the distance and decided to deliver his knee into Colin's face before the Orphan could fully streighten back up after sweeping at him with the harpoon.

(OOC: Yeah it is best not to let the forum completely dry up of posting.)
(OOC 2: Rolled really well for Chris's dosge. If it had it I would say it would have done damage but not allot. Also for his attack five sucsesses do he hit Colin?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:29 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"Well yes and now, things like distance, sizes, weight and so on tend to be irrelevant in the Umbra once you leave the Penumbra, you see the Umbra a certain way due to your own bias nothing else, I am not so sure mundane ballistics will work the same way."
Jeffry said.
"But it might closer to the Penumbra and hear reality zones that support it."
Colin nodded, "I should think they'd work at, hm, 'close' range well enough, at least in places where there is a mostly fixed Reality. Probably quite effective over Concordia, though there'd probably be complaints about the depleted uranium..."

[Seattle, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Yes we have...much to still set right."
Mia said.
"Be careful but I am sure you will do well my host you tend to survive no matter what, just make sure you keep that up."
He nodded, 'I'll do my best to hang on to life, and to you.'

Anja wrote:Big Chris howled in pain as the spear throre into his arm and caught on bone there, the wounded arm sort of twitched you have a feeling important muscle and nerves had been damaged rendering the arm pretty useless.
"I am going to squash you as bug!"
He declared as he turned fully to face Colin, his wounded arm still twitching.
"And then I will find whoever you work for and ram your spine up teir ass!"
He smirked, though the confidence was... not quite as sincere as it usually would have been, "Those are mutually exclusive threats, you big troll."

Anja wrote:You sweep towards Big Chris's knees in order to get him off his feet to assist Serge's attempts to bind him, the big man proved to be fast as well as strong though for he managed to jump out of the way, then he quickly closed the distance and decided to deliver his knee into Colin's face before the Orphan could fully streighten back up after sweeping at him with the harpoon.
He yelped and, quite gracelessly, whipped the harpoon back up in front of himself, in an attempt to parry the vicious trolling.

((OOC: Dex+Melee to parry, and spending the last Willpower on a success: 2,3,5,7,9, plus a success, so... three successes, maybe four? Well, at the very least, he was deprived of a few bonus dice of damage, so Colin has a chance to keep his head mostly intact... even if he's really mentally fatigued now.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:13 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja wrote:As a changeling Big Chris was more in tune with imagination and chains appeared out of nowhere restricting his movements though they where not yet fully manifested clearly your drawing was having an effect.

Serge was a little amazed that his spell was starting to have an effect even before he started casting it. He then went back to work, placing a hand over the drawing and beginning to concentrate on what he wanted to happen. Iron chains coming out of no where to restrain the troll, making it harder for him to fight and harm his friends.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect for illusionary iron chains to bind the troll. Arete roll difficulty lowered by previous roll.

Arete Roll: 7,3, 8, 4 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:13 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin nodded, "I should think they'd work at, hm, 'close' range well enough, at least in places where there is a mostly fixed Reality. Probably quite effective over Concordia, though there'd probably be complaints about the depleted uranium..."

"I have cotacts who can get depleted Uraniim, my House Prima collect such things, but it will not be cheap so first I want to test that mundane firearms will work in the Umbra before I even consider negotiating for such expensive commodities."
Jeffry said with a nod.

[Seattle, 1.45]

He nodded, 'I'll do my best to hang on to life, and to you.'

"Good I would be most cross with you if we had to part ways, you are a good host Colin."
Mia said fondly before sipping her tea again.

He smirked, though the confidence was... not quite as sincere as it usually would have been, "Those are mutually exclusive threats, you big troll."

"I got glue, I can put your spine back together again before I ram it up your boss's ass so no, I can do both."
Big Chris declared and he sounded like if it was not an idle threat.

He yelped and, quite gracelessly, whipped the harpoon back up in front of himself, in an attempt to parry the vicious trolling.

It was probably not comfortable to hit the iron harpoon with his knee but the bouncer did not care much as he rammed is knee and the harpoon side into your face and it hurt, it hurt allot, and yet somehow those chains Serge was drawing around him eld im back and it was not as bad as it could have been if the troll had been free.

Serge was a little amazed that his spell was starting to have an effect even before he started casting it. He then went back to work, placing a hand over the drawing and beginning to concentrate on what he wanted to happen. Iron chains coming out of no where to restrain the troll, making it harder for him to fight and harm his friends.

You continue to draw iron chains around Big Chris ad somehow it was aving an effect. You are pretty cure the drawings saved your Cabal leader's life as he smashed is knee into Colin's face. The Orphan might still be unconcious but you felt the chains restrict the troll somewhat, taking some of the force out of the mighty kick. Colin did not look good but at least his head was not crushed like a ripe melon.

(OOC: I reduced the damage roll by 4 bashing due to Serge's spell. I rolled originally 14 bashing but here have10 instead which is allot mroe survivable.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:36 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]
Anja wrote:It was probably not comfortable to hit the iron harpoon with his knee but the bouncer did not care much as he rammed is knee and the harpoon side into your face and it hurt, it hurt allot, and yet somehow those chains Serge was drawing around him eld im back and it was not as bad as it could have been if the troll had been free.
Colin barely had the time to think 'Oh, bugger...' before the blunt side of the harpoon hit his face, probably causing new permanent damage to the skull...

((OOC: So... soak, I presume? Stamina 3, so... 4,4,7... Not terrible. Not good, but not terrible. Soaked 1, then? Leaving 9 Bashing, on top of the one point of Aggravated he already had... Oh, well, at least Colin is one of the very, very few people who can describe the difference between a Stinger missile and a troll knee to the face... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:56 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Colin barely had the time to think 'Oh, bugger...' before the blunt side of the harpoon hit his face, probably causing new permanent damage to the skull...

Nicole and Serge you see Colin go down, thanks to Serge's immaginary chains the Orphan appears to be alive and not dead, but his nose was broken, one eye was already swelling and there was a deep gash in his forhead, his jaw seamed to have been dislocated and well, to put it like this is was good he was unconcious. Amadeus could probably help him though but he was not doing well and you needed to get Big Chris off your Cabal leader before he could finish the Orphan off.

(OOC: Indeed Colin got trolled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLp_Hh6DKWc )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:15 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin's Post:

'Pulse cannons run off engines, I was thinking. But wait until I see Baynes and shit. See if the ship's a standardised build and what aftermarkets are on offer.'

Colin's Post:

'More worried about how the fuck we'd get an auto-cannon in the first place. Or parts and ammo for it when at port. I would prefer to go with something which is Fleet standard, if only to make the supply issue less of one.'

'Though I'm open to hear how you'd get one in the first place. I want some hand grenades. Any chance of an RPG too?'

[Seattle 1.45]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Anja's Posts:

This was going to be a new entry in Nicole's 'Big Book Of Regrets'.

Judging the man too serious a threat to take if she went on the attack, she instead sat tight, waiting for him to make the commitment. Moved around, hoping to present two different targets - but had misjudged the situation, leaving herself too far away to offer direct support to Colin - meaning that he hit the Orphan before she could intercept him.

However, on the plus side it meant he had left his back exposed to her. And his beautiful vertebrae.

The Etherite ran at full speed at the ghoul; planning a re-attempt to do the move from before - this time, to put the man into a head-lock with her cybernetic arm and then to wedge the blade into his neck with the other, to sever the spinal cord and ideally, stop this fuck-up...

[I can't eat puree'd foods. Not after working in old people's home. I plan to enjoy my teeth as long as I can...]

[Sorry about no-show. ISP and myself had... issues for some time. Well, they did. Their system decided to pay themselves twice and *then* cut me off anyway. I think I've managed to tie everything together...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:11 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:'Pulse cannons run off engines, I was thinking. But wait until I see Baynes and shit. See if the ship's a standardised build and what aftermarkets are on offer.'
Colin nodded, "I was thinking as a low-power option - I do believe she's using standard components, even if she's perhaps not a standard model. Not quite as bad as the Cadillac Johnny Cash got one piece at a time, but you get the gist."

Nicole wrote:'More worried about how the fuck we'd get an auto-cannon in the first place. Or parts and ammo for it when at port. I would prefer to go with something which is Fleet standard, if only to make the supply issue less of one.'

'Though I'm open to hear how you'd get one in the first place. I want some hand grenades. Any chance of an RPG too?'
He grinned, "I... might know a guy who knows a guy, not exactly Army Surplus, and highly unlikely in working order, but should be possible to restore to full functionality with a little elbow grease. Parts would be simpler than ammunition, quantities considered, I suspect. As for hand grenades and RPGs... probably easier to manufacture them at home, the design is simple enough, the hard part is the explosive compound..."

((OOC: ISP trouble happens. As for puree'd foods - not a fan of soups or porridges, either, then?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:07 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

'Pulse cannons run off engines, I was thinking. But wait until I see Baynes and shit. See if the ship's a standardised build and what aftermarkets are on offer.'

Jeffry just nodded since he had little knowledge to add to a discussion on technomagick.

Colin nodded, "I was thinking as a low-power option - I do believe she's using standard components, even if she's perhaps not a standard model. Not quite as bad as the Cadillac Johnny Cash got one piece at a time, but you get the gist."

"The man I inherited the shuttle from was a Sons of Ether though his lineage have not always been of that Tradition."
The Chief chimed in.

[Seattle 1.45]

This was going to be a new entry in Nicole's 'Big Book Of Regrets'.

Judging the man too serious a threat to take if she went on the attack, she instead sat tight, waiting for him to make the commitment. Moved around, hoping to present two different targets - but had misjudged the situation, leaving herself too far away to offer direct support to Colin - meaning that he hit the Orphan before she could intercept him.

However, on the plus side it meant he had left his back exposed to her. And his beautiful vertebrae.

The Etherite ran at full speed at the ghoul; planning a re-attempt to do the move from before - this time, to put the man into a head-lock with her cybernetic arm and then to wedge the blade into his neck with the other, to sever the spinal cord and ideally, stop this fuck-up...

You managed to jump Big Chris and jam the blade into his spide, the big man howled in pain. It was a good hit and the wound sort of burned a bit like acid, clearly the man was now seriously injured and he sand k down on his kneed but he was not going to just give up and he was tyring to get back up but his movements was jerky and incontrollable and Serge's chains was taking an effect as well holding him, he was still struggeling though.

The first of the rest of the group was rushing in now. A throwing dagger from Fran hit Big Chris in the shoulder and he roared again. Amadeus was suddenly at Colin's side and he started carving sympols into his own arm and chanting.

Colin you felt warmth as if you where on a field of grass being warmed by a hot summer sun...and then you felt pain as your nose and face bone knitter themselves together, your exploded eye re formed and teeth grew back in your mouth, it hurt allot but slowly you returned to conciousness to find a bloody Amadeus his eyes forcuses on you as he drew a symbol in his own blood on your forehead and life slowly returned to your broken body healing the massive damage.

Beyond Amadeus and Fran the rest of the group came running to help but Big Chris was severely reduced now.

(OOC: No problem real life happens. Sorry about the slow post I was GMing for my gaming group ysterday and today my hormone trouble give me a horrible headache wich makes reading words on a screen hard but I was thinking a short post was better than no post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:39 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin's Post:

'Eh, even if it'd been a standard design when launched, it won't be now. Modding, repairs, upgrades and all that.' giving a little shrug, clearly not fazed by the prospect.

Colin's Post:

'I question "little". I don't wanna make a firing/control mechanism or turret unless I really must. Retractable belt-fed 50-cal might be useful, mind, and easier to get hold of.'

[Question about 1.45: did Nick get Chris into a headlock or not?]

[Not mushy soups or the porridge sashets, no. Plus, my porridgs contain flakes and fruits/nuts, so has much more texture to it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:08 pm

(OOC: I miss understood then, I thought she grabbed him in a head lock stabbed him and let go. For simplisity's sake she manage to stab the man but he breaks out of the head lock, just so we do not have to re write anything. Sorry for misunderstanding you.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:08 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

Her target having been able to wiggle out of her grasp, while leaving her blade lodged in his neck, Nicole almost crapped herself watching the throwing knife come far too close to comfort. Seeing him sink down onto his knees, she then jumped onto the enemy's back with all the force she could muster, knowing the very last thing they'd want would be another two hundred pounds there...

[Her plan was the head-lock would pin him down while then severing the spinal cord, hopefully stopping movement. I take it she didn't manage to hit the cord 'true', as he's still able to move. Or is even tougher than that.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:02 pm

[Seattle, 1.45]

Her target having been able to wiggle out of her grasp, while leaving her blade lodged in his neck, Nicole almost crapped herself watching the throwing knife come far too close to comfort. Seeing him sink down onto his knees, she then jumped onto the enemy's back with all the force she could muster, knowing the very last thing they'd want would be another two hundred pounds there...

Fran was pulling out anoter trowing knife as you ump onto Big Chris's back trying to finally take him down the Euthanatoi held off on tossing the blade though not to risk hitting Nicole. You helped to hold Big Chris down and finally he remained still but if that was because he could not move further wiht your weight on top of him or if he just was resting a moment to gather his strength was hard to say.

(OOC: You did not hit the spine true but the knife is still jammed in his neck so you could continue to try to finishe the job now Serge have chained him down and he is badly injured.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:43 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"The man I inherited the shuttle from was a Sons of Ether though his lineage have not always been of that Tradition."
The Chief chimed in.
Nicole wrote:'Eh, even if it'd been a standard design when launched, it won't be now. Modding, repairs, upgrades and all that.' giving a little shrug, clearly not fazed by the prospect.
Colin nodded, "I have read what manuals came with the ship; along with training, I am fairly convinced most of the shuttle uses standard components, even if in a non-standard configuration. I don't pretend to understand all the components, but from the - albeit brief - descriptions, it was put together using mostly over-the-counter parts, rather than custom pieces. Actually, Nick... I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be able to squeeze a few percentile points of performance out of custom parts, but I personally don't believe it would be worth the added cost."

Nicole wrote:'I question "little". I don't wanna make a firing/control mechanism or turret unless I really must. Retractable belt-fed 50-cal might be useful, mind, and easier to get hold of.'
He nodded, "As I said, friend-of-a-friend thing. Chap has a few scrapped Warthogs, while it's probable that he's got at least one working main gun between them, it'll probably require a bit of disassembly and reassembly. If he's willing to sell in the first place. If you're willing to try, I can ask around."
He frowned, "Assuming the man is still alive, the collector's a Vietnam veteran, Sleeper, so there's always the chance of the inevitable..."

[Seattle 1.45]
Anja wrote:Colin you felt warmth as if you where on a field of grass being warmed by a hot summer sun...and then you felt pain as your nose and face bone knitter themselves together, your exploded eye re formed and teeth grew back in your mouth, it hurt allot but slowly you returned to conciousness to find a bloody Amadeus his eyes forcuses on you as he drew a symbol in his own blood on your forehead and life slowly returned to your broken body healing the massive damage.

Beyond Amadeus and Fran the rest of the group came running to help but Big Chris was severely reduced now.
He looked up at Amadeus, even as his spectacles fell off his face in a remarkably broken condition, "Hello, okay...", he paused for a moment, "New teeth, that's weird. So, where was I?"
He squinted, "Oh, yes, I think the troll knows muay thai or something..."

((OOC: So, Colin's at Bruised Agg, Wounded Lethal, and Incapacitated Bashing. How much does he get back?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next