Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

4 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 30 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Warpmind Thu May 05, 2022 7:46 pm

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:You found yourself wearing your best suint in a ball room i Boston. Your family had log since moved to Horizo the the fight witht he battle cruiser that still was the latest future vision you had experinced was fast approaching. Right now you where viaiting Boston, in fact you whre visitig the Court of the Arthurian himself. Arround you finely dressed pepole stood watching th elegant ballroom's raised dais. By your side stood Clothilda Liir the woman you had handed the young Toreador you had hurt ad then shown mercy to log ago. You had kept up with the young vampire ad this night she was being formally introduced to the Prince of the city, a ceremony that resembeled a mage being initiated into a Tradition and formally becoming their own perso, no longer under the rule of their teacher. Th young woman you had saved would from this night be free to make her own choice in the Camarilla as a full member.
"She have done well."
Clothilda wispered to you as you watched the young Toreador girl keel before the iposig figure of the Arthurian ratttelig of bot her actual blood lie and the blood lie of her adopted Sire.
"It was the kid who wanted you here today Mr Wainwright, and even if it is not...custom to ave a non Kindred here but the Prince allowed it due to you havig show yourself a frind to his court."
The older Toreador said as she watched her adopted childe swear her alliagece to the Prince.
"Ad with the recent tesions the Prince need friends."
Colin smiled, whispering back, "She has indeed done well, as have you, Lady Liir. I'm glad I managed to save her... and the soul of her Sire. Trusted friends are... always good to have, in good times as well as bad."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 30 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 05, 2022 8:15 pm

[Boston 2035]

Colin smiled, whispering back, "She has indeed done well, as have you, Lady Liir. I'm glad I managed to save her... and the soul of her Sire. Trusted friends are... always good to have, in good times as well as bad."

"Indeed she will b a fine ally is she is allowed to stay in Boston."
Lady Liir said with an approvig od th her expressio darked.
"But these are indeed bad times, at least for our society and I supect your society might feel the effects of the troubls as well."
The Toreador said with a sigh.
"But yes frids might...make things safer for us all."
She saidas she watched the proceedings up on the dais.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 05, 2022 9:33 pm

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:"Indeed she will b a fine ally is she is allowed to stay in Boston."
Lady Liir said with an approvig od th her expressio darked.
"But these are indeed bad times, at least for our society and I supect your society might feel the effects of the troubls as well."
The Toreador said with a sigh.
"But yes frids might...make things safer for us all."
She saidas she watched the proceedings up on the dais.
Colin frowned, "Bad times now, perhaps... but maybe not inevitable. Please elaborate; where you might not be able to prevent the troubles... I have twenty years to do so yet, I may be able to change the course of whatever ill wind troubles you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:After a moment you got this image in your head of a cool punk mom with her dyed hair, ger fingertips tapping on her keyboard while she tells her kid a story, a mom that might not be good at the household chores and stuff and her kid lived on pizza and take out...well her kid, she lived on bullies, but who was attentive and cool and kind to her child. She spoke in a gruff, raspy voice and then suddenly you had the phone number in your head and the drawing was just a drawing yet again.

"Welp...here we go." Serge said now starting to feel rather nervous all of a sudden. Perhaps the sudden realization of exactly who he was talking to and what he was about to tell her was putting him slightly on edge. Still, the sight of the troubled kinfolk begging for his mother pushed him forward.

He pulled out his phone and, taking in a deep breath, dialed in the number wondering how this women would answer.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 05, 2022 11:51 pm

[Club, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

'And you remain in Boston by choice? Do you like, stick with only tourists and international students or something?' clearly using sarcasm to highlight... New England's love of sarcasm.

Anja's Post:

'That's the rub - I don't agree it makes it "pretty obvious". Think vampire leaders have every reason to exaggerate the risk, for starters.' giving a little shrug. 'So you have solid numbers of werewolves and hunters in the US, then?' arching an eyebrow.

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Serge's Post:

'Sure... that shall disguse your real present; a thousand-piece jigsaw of the local sewage works.'

Anja's Post:

'Well, think that limit is gonna be a bit higher than normal, judging from the tax you'll take off all the stuff we've "liberated" in the last 'couple days, like. Lot higher, if the plan pans out.' patting one of the servers, clearing referring to the electronic accounts. 'But don't worry, sir. This is gonna be a team project, which means I need to get that team and work out how - and if - it can be done even before the shopping starts.'

'Anyway, orders after this, sir? Can we stand down, 'cept the guard detail? Also, do we have news on Horizon yet? Just that if I remember right, me and Colin are meant to be...' looking around for a clock, then pulling out her cell and realising it was not on. '...erm, going through the pre-flight some time 'bout now, I think.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah - get proper cells. And p'haps a cargo elevator.' she replied, giving a sigh as she leaned back on a wall and fished out a packet of cigarettes. Started to pat herself down, clearly looking for a lighter, then perked up. 'Oh, Master Nassa; can I have my lighter back now?' giving a little frown to the Deacon.

[A handy little way to tie up that little bit]

[I'm impressed; Colin's not gained weight in 20 years. I'm also a little worried; he's not updated his best suit in 20 years? *tongue*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 5:07 am

[Club, 3]

And you remain in Boston by choice? Do you like, stick with only tourists and international students or something?' clearly using sarcasm to highlight... New England's love of sarcasm.

"I find that most are actually quite capable of leading a polite conversation."
Henietta replied.

That's the rub - I don't agree it makes it "pretty obvious". Think vampire leaders have every reason to exaggerate the risk, for starters.' giving a little shrug. 'So you have solid numbers of werewolves and hunters in the US, then?' arching an eyebrow.

"Thn I do nto see that w have much to discuss Nicole you are off course welcome to look into this, but given the facts i about how vampries and their society work it should be obious travel poses serious hazzards so by all means knock yourself out. No we do not ave solid numbers of anything but I kow I could go out of this city now and find a pack of werewolves sice I know what to look for, and rmember all of these beigs have magical means to find vampires."
The Holower replied with a shrug.

[Steelhaven 6 13]

Well, think that limit is gonna be a bit higher than normal, judging from the tax you'll take off all the stuff we've "liberated" in the last 'couple days, like. Lot higher, if the plan pans out.' patting one of the servers, clearing referring to the electronic accounts. 'But don't worry, sir. This is gonna be a team project, which means I need to get that team and work out how - and if - it can be done even before the shopping starts.'

"The problem Miss Bocuard is that there are plenty of things to sink money into in the Chantry, this incolude repairs ad other concerns, I can nto guarantee the Deacon Council will thik tallyign the other Awakened societies to be worth a huge investment in founds, but you may present the project before the Council."
The old Hermetic replied.

'Anyway, orders after this, sir? Can we stand down, 'cept the guard detail? Also, do we have news on Horizon yet? Just that if I remember right, me and Colin are meant to be...' looking around for a clock, then pulling out her cell and realising it was not on. '...erm, going through the pre-flight some time 'bout now, I think.'

"Yes you can stand down other than regular guard detial once the target is placed in the laundry room. As for Horizo I have heard nothing yet so I suspect we will get a day or two beore travel opes up again. I will keep you updated on the situation."
Jeffry replied.

'Yeah - get proper cells. And p'haps a cargo elevator.' she replied, giving a sigh as she leaned back on a wall and fished out a packet of cigarettes. Started to pat herself down, clearly looking for a lighter, then perked up. 'Oh, Master Nassa; can I have my lighter back now?' giving a little frown to the Deacon.

Nassa shrugged and looked dow the hallway.
"Well we have one elevator."
The Master of the Art said then he handed your lighter back.
"Ah yes of course...sorry I had allmost orgotten."

"Welp...here we go." Serge said now starting to feel rather nervous all of a sudden. Perhaps the sudden realization of exactly who he was talking to and what he was about to tell her was putting him slightly on edge. Still, the sight of the troubled kinfolk begging for his mother pushed him forward.

He pulled out his phone and, taking in a deep breath, dialed in the number wondering how this women would answer.

Someone replied after a few rings, she had the sam raspy voice you had imagined her to have and she muttered.
"Yes...who is this?"
You hard a bit of tap tap of keys in the background.

[Boston 2035]

Colin frowned, "Bad times now, perhaps... but maybe not inevitable. Please elaborate; where you might not be able to prevent the troubles... I have twenty years to do so yet, I may be able to change the course of whatever ill wind troubles you..."

Th Toreador gave you a incredelous look.
"How could you possibly change a situation befor eit hapeneed Mr Wainwright? Pepole av died can you ressurect those destoryed?"
The vampriess shook her head.
"No all we can do now is ride out the storm and hope we survive.."

(OOC: I am sure he have gotten a new best suit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 06, 2022 7:48 am

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:Th Toreador gave you a incredelous look.
"How could you possibly change a situation befor eit hapeneed Mr Wainwright? Pepole av died can you ressurect those destoryed?"
The vampriess shook her head.
"No all we can do now is ride out the storm and hope we survive.."
Colin smiled, "Resurrections are beyond me, but I've had a special ace up my sleeve for a long time... If you care to remember, the first time we met, I said something that convinced you to go along with the, hm, adoption. Do you remember what that was?"

((OOC: At 65, Colin will likely have had his measurements adjusted a few times, despite his exercise regimen. Then again, he knows some excellent Life Mages, so he may have been privy to some... help in that regard. Who knows? He does seem to go through suits like a bushfire through Australia, though...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 11:03 am

[Boston 2035]

Colin smiled, "Resurrections are beyond me, but I've had a special ace up my sleeve for a long time... If you care to remember, the first time we met, I said something that convinced you to go along with the, hm, adoption. Do you remember what that was?"

"Well you did save my life, and since I have never...had childer of my own you suggjested I adopt Cathrine."
Clothilda said.
"At first I did so to repay you for preventig your fried Mr Roth Hicks from killing me when I took Thomas as my lover, but after a while I came to realize that fostering Cathrine gave me the opertunity to be a Sire and get a valuable ally."
The Toreador said then she sigh.
"But what do this ahve to do with our current troubles?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 06, 2022 11:18 am

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:"Well you did save my life, and since I have never...had childer of my own you suggjested I adopt Cathrine."
Clothilda said.
"At first I did so to repay you for preventig your fried Mr Roth Hicks from killing me when I took Thomas as my lover, but after a while I came to realize that fostering Cathrine gave me the opertunity to be a Sire and get a valuable ally."
"But what do this ahve to do with our current troubles?"
Colin smiled slyly, "It matters because you just told me, and at this very moment, I am both here and now, and on a bus in Seattle back in 2015. I am... not so stuck in time, and anything you tell me now, I will be able to act on already twenty years ago. I can't resurrect the dead, but I can save a lot of lives. To you, it would be changing the past, but to me, it's building a better future..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 1:05 pm

[Boston 2035]

Colin smiled slyly, "It matters because you just told me, and at this very moment, I am both here and now, and on a bus in Seattle back in 2015. I am... not so stuck in time, and anything you tell me now, I will be able to act on already twenty years ago. I can't resurrect the dead, but I can save a lot of lives. To you, it would be changing the past, but to me, it's building a better future..."

"What you tell me sound insane Mr Wainwright no offese."
"But I have seen insane things from mages before and I guess tellig you what happened will do no harm. A young Methuselah have said siege to the city. I have no idea how he have managed to get himself Embraced with so potent blood but that give him fearful powers and it seam he...is learnign faster than he should. Now this menace have managed to gain allies and have moved against the Prince, there have been open warfeare in the street oly luck have kept the Masqurade intact."
The Elder vampire shook her head.
"If this continue, who knows how may of us will survive. I guess my adopted childe will be accepted at least, the Arthurian will eed more Kindred in his domain to make up for those who have been destroyed. Damned that Wallace Jace, hopefully the su will one dya burn his black hart to ash, but for now...the future do not look good."
You ehar fear in Miss Liir's voice and she looked away shaking slightly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 06, 2022 1:39 pm

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:"What you tell me sound insane Mr Wainwright no offese."
Colin smiled thinly, "None taken - I am quite aware it sounds insane, but it is the insane trick up my sleeve that has led me to emerge victorious from the strangest situations..."

Anja wrote:"But I have seen insane things from mages before and I guess tellig you what happened will do no harm. A young Methuselah have said siege to the city. I have no idea how he have managed to get himself Embraced with so potent blood but that give him fearful powers and it seam he...is learnign faster than he should. Now this menace have managed to gain allies and have moved against the Prince, there have been open warfeare in the street oly luck have kept the Masqurade intact."
The Elder vampire shook her head.
"If this continue, who knows how may of us will survive. I guess my adopted childe will be accepted at least, the Arthurian will eed more Kindred in his domain to make up for those who have been destroyed. Damned that Wallace Jace, hopefully the su will one dya burn his black hart to ash, but for now...the future do not look good."
You ehar fear in Miss Liir's voice and she looked away shaking slightly.
His smile faded, "Wallace fucking Jace... a Methuselah? There's no way he did that fairly, he was a Technocrat - a magical genetic engineer - who cloned himself over and over to cheat death, since at least Queen Victoria's time. I've clashed with him a few times, and twenty years ago, he managed to slip away after I killed his ghost, after I got his soul flayed and his body executed. He tried to take over Thomas, then, as well, or his little sister, but we prevented that, at least - thank Heaven for small blessings."
He hesitated, "The vampiric bloodline with power over time itself, they started disappearing around the same time; the Grand Arbiter of Time asked me to investigate, and the accelerated learning sounds like temporal manipulation..."
His eyes darkened, "Don't worry about the sun burning Jace's black heart to ash - I'm already on the case twenty years ago, and if he was already Embraced in 2015, well... I'll enjoy sending him to the afterlife that awaits him, and for once, I'll not lose a wink of sleep over it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 1:48 pm

[Boston 2035]

Colin smiled thinly, "None taken - I am quite aware it sounds insane, but it is the insane trick up my sleeve that has led me to emerge victorious from the strangest situations..."

"Well I can nto argue with the results you ahve manged to achieve for the Arthurian on occasions when you have offered the Camarilla your services."
The Elder Toreador said witha nod but she still sounded doubtful.

His smile faded, "Wallace fucking Jace... a Methuselah? There's no way he did that fairly, he was a Technocrat - a magical genetic engineer - who cloned himself over and over to cheat death, since at least Queen Victoria's time. I've clashed with him a few times, and twenty years ago, he managed to slip away after I killed his ghost, after I got his soul flayed and his body executed. He tried to take over Thomas, then, as well, or his little sister, but we prevented that, at least - thank Heaven for small blessings."

"A what now? Hum...well i thought he looked a bit like Thomas."
Miss Liir said then she sigh.
"I do nto kow how Jace did it, only that he did and over the last decade ad a half he hav been building up his resources and are now moving against the Prince, trying to take over the city."

He hesitated, "The vampiric bloodline with power over time itself, they started disappearing around the same time; the Grand Arbiter of Time asked me to investigate, and the accelerated learning sounds like temporal manipulation..."

"The True...no better nto say the name here."
The Toreador said glancing around.
"The osferatu say they have all been slain, bled dry or so they say...but they where always secretive so who is to know what actually happened to them or if any are still aroud."

His eyes darkened, "Don't worry about the sun burning Jace's black heart to ash - I'm already on the case twenty years ago, and if he was already Embraced in 2015, well... I'll enjoy sending him to the afterlife that awaits him, and for once, I'll not lose a wink of sleep over it."

"I do not know when Wallace Jac was Embaced, only that he is young and of a low Generation and terribly powerful for jis young age...and that e is a sadistic monster and if he win...we are all doomed I fear."
Miss Liiir said fearfully and she glanced around nervoudly.
"Jace's agnts are everywhere..."
She whispered mostly to herself.
"If any of thm heard me talkign with you..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 06, 2022 1:58 pm

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:"A what now? Hum...well i thought he looked a bit like Thomas."
Miss Liir said then she sigh.
"I do nto kow how Jace did it, only that he did and over the last decade ad a half he hav been building up his resources and are now moving against the Prince, trying to take over the city."
Colin frowned, "It fits; that's how he'd stay under our radar, he hid among the Kindred instead of the Fallen Mages - the Nephandi - known allies and collaborators of Clan Baali..."

Anja wrote:"The True...no better nto say the name here."
The Toreador said glancing around.
"The osferatu say they have all been slain, bled dry or so they say...but they where always secretive so who is to know what actually happened to them or if any are still aroud."
He nodded, "I've not failed them yet, back then... bled dry, that's just up Jace's alley, he always had a thing for body fluids. Spinal fluid, primarily, but with the Kindred, blood would be the way to go. Bastard must've found a way to refine and concentrate it."

Anja wrote:"I do not know when Wallace Jac was Embaced, only that he is young and of a low Generation and terribly powerful for jis young age...and that e is a sadistic monster and if he win...we are all doomed I fear."
Miss Liiir said fearfully and she glanced around nervoudly.
"Jace's agnts are everywhere..."
She whispered mostly to herself.
"If any of thm heard me talkign with you..."
He chuckled darkly, "If they heard you talking with me..." He held up the brass cane, made from Rust's staff, for a moment, "...well, they'd be too late to stop you, and very, very busy trying to stop me. And they'll find that an unpleasant thing ot try indeed."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 3:50 pm

[Boston 2035]

Colin frowned, "It fits; that's how he'd stay under our radar, he hid among the Kindred instead of the Fallen Mages - the Nephandi - known allies and collaborators of Clan Baali..."

"You think that te Baali are involved with this?"
The Toreador Elder asked ad se looked bot scares and disgusted at that notion.

He nodded, "I've not failed them yet, back then... bled dry, that's just up Jace's alley, he always had a thing for body fluids. Spinal fluid, primarily, but with the Kindred, blood would be the way to go. Bastard must've found a way to refine and concentrate it."

"Refined it? Not failed yet? I am afraid Mr Wainwright I do not really understan what you are talking about? Are you think Jace have done something to the..."
She lovered her voice to a bare wisper.
"The True Brijah?"

He chuckled darkly, "If they heard you talking with me..." He held up the brass cane, made from Rust's staff, for a moment, "...well, they'd be too late to stop you, and very, very busy trying to stop me. And they'll find that an unpleasant thing ot try indeed."

"Wll I certinly hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
The Toreador said she souded nervous and glanced around but everyonewas busy cheering as the Price gently touched Cathrine's neck as the young vamprie bared it before him as she knelt, signalling that he accepted her, the she kissed is ring.
"It seam she will be allowed to stay in Boston."
The girl's adopted Sire said with a slight smile.
"That is good...not safe for her perhaps but at least she will ahve a home."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 06, 2022 4:07 pm

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:"You think that te Baali are involved with this?"
The Toreador Elder asked ad se looked bot scares and disgusted at that notion.
Colin shrugged, "Can't say just yet... but Jace's associates have worked with them before, even if he didn't personally."

Anja wrote:"Refined it? Not failed yet? I am afraid Mr Wainwright I do not really understan what you are talking about? Are you think Jace have done something to the..."
She lovered her voice to a bare wisper.
"The True Brijah?"
He nodded, "Timey-wimey ball... I think Jace purified their blood, much like one would distill alcohol. And I can't save them now, but I still have a chance, twenty years ago, because that hasn't happened yet to me. I know I might sound like a particularly unhinged Malkavian now, but it is my lot in life..."

Anja wrote:"Wll I certinly hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
The Toreador said she souded nervous and glanced around but everyonewas busy cheering as the Price gently touched Cathrine's neck as the young vamprie bared it before him as she knelt, signalling that he accepted her, the she kissed is ring.
"It seam she will be allowed to stay in Boston."
The girl's adopted Sire said with a slight smile.
"That is good...not safe for her perhaps but at least she will ahve a home."
He smiled warmly at Cathrine, "This... this is the sort of moment I fight for. For everyone to have a chance to live and thrive. It is why I hunt monsters... to take out the cancer before it can grow, for everyone's benefit."
He smiled wryly, "Between you and me, I rather think His Highness is fond of the few occasions he has to simply be kind. Someone in his position... it demands a certain ruthlessness, and it is altogether too easy for someone to mistake grace for weakness... and for his Grace, I am honoured to lend my strength to his."

((OOC: There are not enough cacti in Creation for Wallace Jace's bottom...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 06, 2022 4:17 pm

[Club, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

'If you don't have solid numbers, then it cannot "be obvious". You are making an assumption. Now, your assumption will better than most 'cos you've studied it, but it still is an assumption. It's just the dressing up of this as a proven solid fact I take issue to, right?' the Etherite retorted; a woman who always tried to differentiate between "I think" and "I know". 'The fact you can find wolves don't mean much really; I could go out and find a cop fairly quickly, but it don't mean there will be cops waiting for me, does it?'

'Which is why I'm saying "lets get more data". The more data you get, the better your conclusions will be, right?'

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Anja's Post:

'Well, we'll cross that bridge if and when. It might be beyond our, like capabilities. You know how it is; half the time there's a very good reason it ain't been done before.' the Etherite said airily. Because she was pretty certain that if the early prototypes did work, they'd be able to scare up enough interest from other Chantries if needed - for example, Alvarez from Lovell would clearly be interested in a method of conducting censuses on shapeshifters and their kinfolk...

Anja's Post:

'I'll let you know if I hear anything.' clearly referencing the point that to a certain extent, the Etherite was simply catching a ride to Horizon for the conference at TimeStop. Which clearly would be postponed.

Anja's P:

'Thanks.' she replied, taking the battered object and lighting up with it. After a deep inhale, gave a little sigh. 'Sorry about planting it on you earlier, sir - thought you'd say no. Just that I lost the thing 'bout that time anyway...' twisting it around in her free hand.

[Does the Chantry have an elevator, then? Thought it was a stair-only affair; which was an issue when the Fallen occupied the middle floor stairwell during the attack and thus, cut the building in two.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 5:06 pm

[Club, 3.00]

'If you don't have solid numbers, then it cannot "be obvious". You are making an assumption. Now, your assumption will better than most 'cos you've studied it, but it still is an assumption. It's just the dressing up of this as a proven solid fact I take issue to, right?' the Etherite retorted; a woman who always tried to differentiate between "I think" and "I know". 'The fact you can find wolves don't mean much really; I could go out and find a cop fairly quickly, but it don't mean there will be cops waiting for me, does it?'

"No Nicole Iam ot guessig, I know pretty well how vampires work, their weaknesses ad only those make traveling difficutl and I do nto need to know exactly how many werewolves there are to know that werewolves attacks outside of cities are fairly common. In short I do not need to do a study to be pretty sure that being dropped from the second floor ad right onto a marble floor will be bad for an raw egg, just basic knowledge of eggs and gravity will tell me that."
Henrietta said with a sigh.

Which is why I'm saying "lets get more data". The more data you get, the better your conclusions will be, right?'

"More data on the number of Awakned coudl be useful, if ti is jsut to determie whatever or not it is dangerous for vampires to travel though ti would be as pointless a study as studyig whatever or not eggs tend to break if dropped from the second floor ad down onto a hard floor, some things are common sense."
The Hollow One replied.

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

'Well, we'll cross that bridge if and when. It might be beyond our, like capabilities. You know how it is; half the time there's a very good reason it ain't been done before.' the Etherite said airily. Because she was pretty certain that if the early prototypes did work, they'd be able to scare up enough interest from other Chantries if needed - for example, Alvarez from Lovell would clearly be interested in a method of conducting censuses on shapeshifters and their kinfolk...

"It is a interestig project to calculate what threat other supernaturals pose to us and how manay are in th city."
Jefry said.
"We will see ow much it will cost and how much interest there will be in seeing the information, it is somethign to look into but beyod that I can nto say much about ti at this poitn in time."
Jeffry commented.

'I'll let you know if I hear anything.' clearly referencing the point that to a certain extent, the Etherite was simply catching a ride to Horizon for the conference at TimeStop. Which clearly would be postponed.

"Yes you do that, for ow take a break Miss Boucard you ahve earned it."
The old Hermetic said with a polite nod.

'Thanks.' she replied, taking the battered object and lighting up with it. After a deep inhale, gave a little sigh. 'Sorry about planting it on you earlier, sir - thought you'd say no. Just that I lost the thing 'bout that time anyway...' twisting it around in her free hand.

"It is ok."
Amadeus said with a shrug.
"Well uless you need me for aythign Miss Bocuahrd I think I should see what I can do heling Dar Lee in the infirmary."
The old Verbena said pointing towards the attic with a long, thin finger.

(OOC: Steelhaven do nto have a elevator.)
(OOC 2: D&D time I will reply to Warp later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 8:22 pm

[Boston 2035]

Colin shrugged, "Can't say just yet... but Jace's associates have worked with them before, even if he didn't personally."

"Hum I tinnk the Prince might eed to be told about this if the Baali might be involved that is not good."
Miss Liir said with a deep frown.

He nodded, "Timey-wimey ball... I think Jace purified their blood, much like one would distill alcohol. And I can't save them now, but I still have a chance, twenty years ago, because that hasn't happened yet to me. I know I might sound like a particularly unhinged Malkavian now, but it is my lot in life..."

The Elder Toreador gave you a bit of a cofused look and a bit of a polit smile.
"Ehm...right, well if you say so my good man."
She clarely did not know what to say.

He smiled warmly at Cathrine, "This... this is the sort of moment I fight for. For everyone to have a chance to live and thrive. It is why I hunt monsters... to take out the cancer before it can grow, for everyone's benefit."

Miss Liir nodded and smiled.
"It is certinly good to see the girl accepted, I hope her unlife will be log and happy, but with Jace about..."
She sigh then she shook her head.
"You saved her Mr Wainwright. I guess that is a victory for now and we have to take victories where we ca get them. W bot saved her."
The Toreador Elder said and she gave her adopted childe a warm smile.

He smiled wryly, "Between you and me, I rather think His Highness is fond of the few occasions he has to simply be kind. Someone in his position... it demands a certain ruthlessness, and it is altogether too easy for someone to mistake grace for weakness... and for his Grace, I am honoured to lend my strength to his."

"Yes the Arthuria is a prtty good leader of our comunity here, he is a strong ad fair Prince."
Miss Liir said, you knew she was a vocal supporter of the Prince. You saw Catherie com dow from the dais and after a final cursty to the Prince she headed over to you and Miss Liir.
"Mr Wainwright...Sire...I did it."
She said happily and Miss Liir wrapped the girl i a hug.
"You sure did my childe...I am proud of you, congratulations."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 06, 2022 9:52 pm

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:"Hum I tinnk the Prince might eed to be told about this if the Baali might be involved that is not good."
Miss Liir said with a deep frown.
Colin nodded, "Agreed, he should be informed of the possible connection."

Anja wrote:The Elder Toreador gave you a bit of a cofused look and a bit of a polit smile.
"Ehm...right, well if you say so my good man."
She clarely did not know what to say.
He chuckled, "Just nod and smile, it's quite alright - what does it matter if it's insane, so long as it works?"

Anja wrote:Miss Liir nodded and smiled.
"It is certinly good to see the girl accepted, I hope her unlife will be log and happy, but with Jace about..."
She sigh then she shook her head.
"You saved her Mr Wainwright. I guess that is a victory for now and we have to take victories where we ca get them. W bot saved her."
The Toreador Elder said and she gave her adopted childe a warm smile.
He smiled, "It's a good victory... and we'll both do our part to keep her safe. It's... an odd parenting situation, I suppose."

Anja wrote:"Yes the Arthuria is a prtty good leader of our comunity here, he is a strong ad fair Prince."
Miss Liir said, you knew she was a vocal supporter of the Prince. You saw Catherie com dow from the dais and after a final cursty to the Prince she headed over to you and Miss Liir.
"Mr Wainwright...Sire...I did it."
She said happily and Miss Liir wrapped the girl i a hug.
"You sure did my childe...I am proud of you, congratulations."
He grinned and extended his arms for a hug, too, "Well done, Catherine, you've come into your own, now. Here, I have something for you, for the occasion... I've worked on it for some time, making sure I got it right..."
He fished a small box out of his pocket and held it out to her, flipping the lid open with a rehearsed gesture to reveal a silver necklace with a two inches wide locket, with an intricate rose made from tiny, blood red rubies on the front, "Appropriate for a member of the Clan of the Rose, no?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 10:09 pm

[Boston 2035]

Colin nodded, "Agreed, he should be informed of the possible connection."

"I will approach him once the official proceedings are completed."
Miss Liir. said ad sh glancd up at the Princ welcoming her adopted childe at the dais.

He chuckled, "Just nod and smile, it's quite alright - what does it matter if it's insane, so long as it works?"

"Indeed I can not argume with that...but changing the past? I can not weap my head around that Mr Wainwright."
The vampiress said and she just shook her head, she did not look like she believed you.

He smiled, "It's a good victory... and we'll both do our part to keep her safe. It's... an odd parenting situation, I suppose."

"I suppose it is indeed and we will continue to protect Cathrine and make sure she is safe...if possible, wll at least she got this far."
The Toreador Elder muttered.
"However we might all need protection from Wallace Jace...who knows how many will be destroyed whe he begin his campaiign to take over the city in earest."

He grinned and extended his arms for a hug, too, "Well done, Catherine, you've come into your own, now. Here, I have something for you, for the occasion... I've worked on it for some time, making sure I got it right..."

Cathrine gave you a hug as well, she felt so frail ad so cold i your arms ad it was always disconcerting to hug someone who did nto breate ad who's heart did not breathe.
"Uncle Colin?"
She asked using her nickname for you as she let got of you again.

He fished a small box out of his pocket and held it out to her, flipping the lid open with a rehearsed gesture to reveal a silver necklace with a two inches wide locket, with an intricate rose made from tiny, blood red rubies on the front, "Appropriate for a member of the Clan of the Rose, no?"

"Ohhh...that is gorgeous...I...I don¨t kow what to say...thank you."
The young vampiress exclaimed as she hugged you again.
"It is perfect Ucle Colin."
She declared with a grin running a finger over the locket.
"Will you help me put it on?"

(OOC: Summon the platonic ideal of a cactus for Wallace Jace.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 06, 2022 10:25 pm

[Boston 2035]
Anja wrote:"Indeed I can not argume with that...but changing the past? I can not weap my head around that Mr Wainwright."
The vampiress said and she just shook her head, she did not look like she believed you.
Colin nodded, "Except I am not changing the past, I am changing the future, because from my point of view, this has not happened yet."

Anja wrote:"I suppose it is indeed and we will continue to protect Cathrine and make sure she is safe...if possible, wll at least she got this far."
The Toreador Elder muttered.
"However we might all need protection from Wallace Jace...who knows how many will be destroyed whe he begin his campaiign to take over the city in earest."
He nodded, "Now that I know... I'll do what I can to show him the light before it comes to that. The noon-day sun light, to be precise. It's an ugly weapon against Kindred, but he deserves it, and so much more."

Anja wrote:"Ohhh...that is gorgeous...I...I don¨t kow what to say...thank you."
The young vampiress exclaimed as she hugged you again.
"It is perfect Ucle Colin."
She declared with a grin running a finger over the locket.
"Will you help me put it on?"
He smiled and nodded, smoothly picking up the chain and opening the lock, "Certainly, dear. If you would turn around and lift your hair?"

((OOC: Oh, there'll be an ideal cactus, alright, but the use won't be Platonic. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 06, 2022 10:55 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:Someone replied after a few rings, she had the sam raspy voice you had imagined her to have and she muttered.
"Yes...who is this?"
You hard a bit of tap tap of keys in the background.

"Hello. I'm gonna skip past the formalities to get to the important part. We recently rescued a bunch of people from a vampires dungeon. I believe your son was among them. We've healed his physical injuries. But now I believe it would be for the best if he heard his mother's voice right now." Serge said a little quickly. He was already going a bit too far calling the were spider on his real phone and wasn't a fan of giving his real name to the supernatural hacker.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 07, 2022 6:16 am

[Boston 2035]

Colin nodded, "Except I am not changing the past, I am changing the future, because from my point of view, this has not happened yet."

"Yes...I see."
The Toreador said and sh sounded like she was devlopig a headache.

He nodded, "Now that I know... I'll do what I can to show him the light before it comes to that. The noon-day sun light, to be precise. It's an ugly weapon against Kindred, but he deserves it, and so much more."

Miss Liir shivered at that but she nodded.
"I hope that is how it will go Mr Wainwright."
She muttered darkly.

He smiled and nodded, smoothly picking up the chain and opening the lock, "Certainly, dear. If you would turn around and lift your hair?"

Cathrin lifted her long, light brow hair and turned around, then she siffened, there was a blinding flash of light and sh just crumbeled to ash before your eyes. Screames rose all around, a second flash and Miss Liir crumbeled as well and there was Wallace Jace rushing in through the double doors to the grand hall, a strange weapo in his hand, a group of growing, hissing vampires at his side. Jace saw you standing there witht he necklace in your hand and covered in Cathrine's ashes and he grinned cruelly.

And then you where back in the bus seat next to Jon, the bus coming to a stop and the Virtual Adept looking impatient to get you off the bus.
"Are you back with us Colin?"
He asked giving you a curious look.

[Steelhaven 3]

"Hello. I'm gonna skip past the formalities to get to the important part. We recently rescued a bunch of people from a vampires dungeon. I believe your son was among them. We've healed his physical injuries. But now I believe it would be for the best if he heard his mother's voice right now." Serge said a little quickly. He was already going a bit too far calling the were spider on his real phone and wasn't a fan of giving his real name to the supernatural hacker.

"You have found Caleb...praise te Mother."
You head the raspy voice exclaim.
"Where is he? Vampires...are you vampries as well? Why did thy ahve him? Where is he?"
She asked quickly.
"I want him back...my son...is he hurt?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 07, 2022 8:56 am

[Club, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

'No, you have what we call a guestimate. A combo of guesses, assumptions and facts. That's normal, like. If you don't know how many wolves there are, how they organise geographically and where they are and so on. In short; you know werewolves. But do you also know logistics, tactics and strategy?' trying to get it into the Hollower's head that this was basically an interdisciplinary question.

Anja's Post:

A clearly disbeleving look at the "just common sense" part, before replying. 'You heard the Chief; he would be interested in knowing a census of supernatural critters in Boston. Bet others would too. Can see other uses being put to this as well. Your point is just the test-bed, to see if the tech needed to answer it is within our like, capabilities.'

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Anja's Post:

'I'll be coming with. I want to see the progress.' she replied, gesturing for the Master to lead on.

[Question; I assume the shuttle has a form of radar. Does it pick up various entities similar to the phone app does?]

[I assume Nick's old lighter is just a lighter, then?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 07, 2022 10:43 am

[Club, 3.00]

No, you have what we call a guestimate. A combo of guesses, assumptions and facts. That's normal, like. If you don't know how many wolves there are, how they organise geographically and where they are and so on. In short; you know werewolves. But do you also know logistics, tactics and strategy?' trying to get it into the Hollower's head that this was basically an interdisciplinary question.

"The poblem Nicole is that one do nto need to kow exactly how many werewolves there are in order to know it is dangerous for vampires to travel, just their problem with sunlight and how defenseless they are during the day alone make that dangerous, hunters, werewolves and poltics is i addition to that."
Henrietta said simply.

A clearly disbeleving look at the "just common sense" part, before replying. 'You heard the Chief; he would be interested in knowing a census of supernatural critters in Boston. Bet others would too. Can see other uses being put to this as well. Your point is just the test-bed, to see if the tech needed to answer it is within our like, capabilities.'

"This have othing to do wit Miss Day aying it is dangerous for Massassa to travel Miss Bouchard, I trust her assasment on that and give the weaknesses such creatures have it would seam pretty logical. I would b intrested in kowing the numbers of other supernaturals for other reasons, Fera might end up all allies against the Union or against the Massassa for example, knowing more abotu who share the shadows with us just makes sense."
Jeffry said.

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

'I'll be coming with. I want to see the progress.' she replied, gesturing for the Master to lead on.

Amadeus nodded and lead the way up the stairs.
"So would you be itnerestig in a sparring match if we get a few days before we head to Horizon?"
The old Verbena asked along the way.
"We discussed it earlier after all."

(OOC: Would you want it to be mroe tha just a lighter? I mean Amadeus just returned your property, it could be more he would still just return it.)

(OOC 2: Yes te shuttle have such senors.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next