Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 8 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Friday:

((Everytime you mention it, she's a different age! SHe was 18, 17 16 18 16 again. How old is she, last word?))

Static means it's difficult to change things, like it's inercia what moves whatever happens.

Saturday:

New Zealand has not a lot of pollution as you can see on TLOTR movies, but we do have rain patrons changed and all... i fear it will reach us. He said as he went to the bus stop and waited for it.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 8 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Friday:

Lily nodded at that.
"Yeah well my mother do not change very easily no."
The girl said and sigh, as the three magick users got to the beach Henrietta asked.
"Should I take Lily home then and I will be right back here?"

Saturday:

"We are one planet so yes what pollutes one place will eventually reach the rest of the world."
Henrietta said and sigh.
"Your home country are beautiful though, I have never been there but I have seen it in movies and in nature documentaries."
She said as you reached the small bus stop. There was a elderly lady in a red coat with silver hair also waiting for the same bus.

About fifteen minutes later the bus arrived and Henrietta got on and waited for Tane to do the same.
"What part of Mattapan are we going to?"
She asked.

(OOC: I do not think I said Lily was 18, I might have but I do not think so but that I can have said wrong between 16 and 17 is possible, there are allot of NPCs so I might get small details about the wrong. She is a High School kid so let us say 17 then just to have a hard and fast number on it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:33 am

Colin smiled, "Actually, I think it is almost exactly like the albino peacock... except the peacock is part of her. Your daughter... is a Mage. She has what we call an Avatar - a companion soul, if you will, that guides her to greater understanding... It's difficult to understand, and even harder to believe; I myself spent years figuring out why my reflection in the mirror occasionally lacked my scars. And a dear friend of mine is accompanied by a withered angel. And then, another friend of mine described his as a song in his head. It's different for everyone."
He looked over his shoulder at Egypt, "Those angels were probably working for the same bad people who are after your daddy... It might be best if they don't come back. But I know a place with cute spiders the size of dogs, similar to those angels. There are other such creatures you'll get to meet and make friends with, in time."
He glanced back at Mark, "You heard the young lady; seems we lost them - but take the full detour anyway, just in case. We should be hard to locate, but I think we can still be tracked by line of sight..."

((OOC: And with that, my wednesday campaign was done. Kung Fu adventures in a Mythic China that never was. My giant chef (actual gigantism) used the Mandate of Heaven and, since he didn't want it and all it represented, the Great Jade Seal chose him to be the new Emperor of China... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:21 am

Colin smiled, "Actually, I think it is almost exactly like the albino peacock... except the peacock is part of her. Your daughter... is a Mage. She has what we call an Avatar - a companion soul, if you will, that guides her to greater understanding... It's difficult to understand, and even harder to believe; I myself spent years figuring out why my reflection in the mirror occasionally lacked my scars. And a dear friend of mine is accompanied by a withered angel. And then, another friend of mine described his as a song in his head. It's different for everyone."

"You can not be serious Mr Wainwright, no disrespect but are you telling me that my three year old is practicing magick and have a bird in her soul?"
Tamara said and looked at you as if you had really gone of the deep end now.
"That is insane!"
She exclaimed then she sigh.
"Then again what the child wish for do tend to happen to a scary degree, but I thought that was some of that law of attraction bullshit you hear about, you know The Secret or what the hell they call it...then again that do sound a little bit like..."
She muttered.

He looked over his shoulder at Egypt, "Those angels were probably working for the same bad people who are after your daddy... It might be best if they don't come back.

"I do not understand Sir..."
The little girl said and looked at you with her big, olive green eyes, she was sweet, innocent and trusting.
"But I like them, they can not be bad."

But I know a place with cute spiders the size of dogs, similar to those angels. There are other such creatures you'll get to meet and make friends with, in time."

That announcement made the little girl clap her hands excitedly and giggle her sadness washed away.

He glanced back at Mark, "You heard the young lady; seems we lost them - but take the full detour anyway, just in case. We should be hard to locate, but I think we can still be tracked by line of sight..."

"Detours it is then."
Mark said and took to the right again and out onto another narrow street.
"Yes probably, I am not sure how your spell works man but most likely it just makes us harder to find using magick, but those things can probably still see us."

(OOC: Sounds like a fun game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:27 am

"Hum...yes that should not be a problem. I would have loved to have an Aegis here but the non Hermetic members of the Deacon Council voted it down, you know how it is, the other Traditions think we are power grabbing."

"They don't want an Aegis because they think we're power grabbing? Well, perhaps someone should tell them that the Nephandi use them, that might make them rethink weaving as many kind of defenses as we can..."

"Well in either case we have a ward that is being controlled by our spirit Guardian, with your messenger's name he can be asked to let this one spirit through." The hedge wizard informed you. "That should not make our wards any less effective."

"I see. My pater is as close to his chest as you are about Names of his spirit friends, I would like to keep it as close as I can as well," he explained. "How should we arrange this?"

~later
Joakim opened the door to let a pretty girl with long auburn hair and wearing a classy blue knee length dress out and then let you in, the girl gave you a polite nod as she passed you. The Security Chief closed the door behind you. "The emissaries from Lavender is here." "That was the apprentice of their Deacon Primus...

He nodded politely to the woman and then nodded to the Chief. "I see. Good luck with your dealings."

...anyway you are here about the troubles Mr Wainwright are having? Hopefully he can get out of them himself but I have to admit that I am worried."

"Yes, though he just sent me another message." He showed him the text that Colin sent him telling him not to come. "At any rate, as much as I would like to help I'm probably not the best person to banish spirits, especially summoned by the Nephandi seem to be difficult. I could help, of course, and fight them off, strengthen the gauntlet but if he really needs them banished then that is a bit above my current paygrade," he admitted. "I'm worried as well; we don't want them following them home or harming them," he agreed. "I'm not sure how we can help now if he used that rote I think he did."

// awe that sounds like an awesome ending!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:12 am

"They don't want an Aegis because they think we're power grabbing? Well, perhaps someone should tell them that the Nephandi use them, that might make them rethink weaving as many kind of defenses as we can..."

"Yeah, the problem is that it is a Hermetic ritual, or rather it is a Cult of Mercury ritual that the early Order sort of inherited, so while everyone magical at the Chantry and at Morningstar that means everyone here in one way or the other, would be involved in the ritual, a Hermetic would have to lead it, now those Nephandi that are putting up an Aegis are probably Hermetic Barabbi or have learned from them."
Joakim shook his head.
"Politics, it drives me nuts sometimes."

"I see. My pater is as close to his chest as you are about Names of his spirit friends, I would like to keep it as close as I can as well," he explained. "How should we arrange this?"

"That is understandable, having the name of a spirit means one have an enormous amount of power over that entity, a power that can be misused in the wrong hands...well I could just summon our guardian spirit and you can tell the name to that Umbrood directly, I myself do not need to know, as long as the guardian knows who to admit and not. If that works for you."

Later:

He nodded politely to the woman and then nodded to the Chief. "I see. Good luck with your dealings."

"Thank you hopefully everyone involved will be reasonable."
Joakim said and nodded.

"Yes, though he just sent me another message." He showed him the text that Colin sent him telling him not to come. "At any rate, as much as I would like to help I'm probably not the best person to banish spirits, especially summoned by the Nephandi seem to be difficult. I could help, of course, and fight them off, strengthen the gauntlet but if he really needs them banished then that is a bit above my current paygrade," he admitted.

"Hum..."
Joakim said and read the new message.
"Well it do seam like Mr Wainwright is attempting to deal with this issue on his own now, which is probably for the best as getting you to them would either take time, or put our teleporters in danger when we might need them to be well and able to work later."
He said and nodded.

"I'm worried as well; we don't want them following them home or harming them," he agreed. "I'm not sure how we can help now if he used that rote I think he did."

"No I do not know so either, I have tried to locate your Cabalmate using my own magick, but it failed, and it should not as the man give his name left and right."
The old hedge wizard said with a little sigh directed at non Hermetics and how careless they where with their names.
"I think perhaps the best thing is for you to be ready to move our if they do not manage to get back her safely but for now just wait and hope that they will be alright."
He said though he still sounded concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:14 am

"If some other Tradition has managed to make a better spell than the Aegis, then right now I would request they put it up," he said with a frown. "This is the Nephandi we are talking about here."

"As long as telling your protector umbrood will not put him in harm's way, then I would be grateful, thank you."

~later
"That you cannot find him is hopefully a good sign. Still, we should keep a weather eye out for incoming trespassers."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:34 am

"If some other Tradition has managed to make a better spell than the Aegis, then right now I would request they put it up," he said with a frown. "This is the Nephandi we are talking about here."

"There are few better wards that I know about, and very few that can effectively combine the magic of both true magi and my own kind...and others. You have Verbena flower wards but they have to be constantly maintained."
Joakim said and shook his head.
"I will raise the question about an Aegis again at the upcoming meeting and see what I can do and yes I am fully aware what we face, but for some playing politics are always more important than thinking clearly."

"As long as telling your protector umbrood will not put him in harm's way, then I would be grateful, thank you."

"I doubt it will put him in any danger."
The hedge wizard said then he pulled a small, old and well used wand from his pocket and drew several sings in the air while chanting in Latin.
"Et compareas coram me in honore lapidem creatum. Audi vocem meam, custos noster, domum suam!"
As the hedge wizard chanted you hear a slight rumbling and the ground vibrated.
"Hello my friend."
Joakim said then he turned to you.
"He is here, I will leave so you can speak with him with your request in peace and I should be getting to that meeting, though I would rather speak with spirits than with politicians."
He said and grinned.
"Is there anything else before I go? A regular closing should allow our guardian to leave when you are done...oh and he can be a bit gruff...do not let that insult you."

Later:

"That you cannot find him is hopefully a good sign. Still, we should keep a weather eye out for incoming trespassers."

"Agreed and I have already alerted our guardian and sent some of my lesser spirit companions to keep and eye out around the Chantry."
Joakim said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:28 am

Colin smiled, "It's not insane, just impossible - and that is our stock in trade. Unfortunately, doing the blatantly impossible comes with a price; there are those of us who could throw a fireball down the street, but Reality wouldn't like that, so it hurts us to do so. But Reality inherently accepts just that little bit of magic that can be done without anyone batting an eye; things almost anyone can do with just a little training - my auntie who used to read tea leaves, old mrs. Jones with her tarot deck, the guy at the grocery store who somehow always just digs into his pocket and pulls up exact change for whatever he is buying, or for that matter any woman who seems to be carrying a gallon of assorted items in a three-pint purse... and of course, The Secret. As for whether she is actually practicing magic... it's a bit trickier. Without testing her abilities, I would hazard she is mostly limited to sensing things - seeing spirits, noticing the soft glow of magical beings, that sort of thing - and manipulating probability. But those specifics will be learned later. For now, well, she will have to learn caution and subtlety."
He smiled back at Egypt, "I don't think they were necessarily bad, either... but good people can be asked to do something for people they don't know are bad - such as look for someone and then tell the bad people where that someone is. Then the bad people can do bad things, and the good people who told them where to go don't even realize what they've done..."
He nodded to Mark, "The spell is inspired by electronic countermeasures. It... scrambles our signal, as it were - makes it very hard to pinpoint us. Apparently, that extends to spirits' ability to locate us, as well, since they don't see like we do..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:55 am

Colin smiled, "It's not insane, just impossible - and that is our stock in trade. Unfortunately, doing the blatantly impossible comes with a price; there are those of us who could throw a fireball down the street, but Reality wouldn't like that, so it hurts us to do so. But Reality inherently accepts just that little bit of magic that can be done without anyone batting an eye; things almost anyone can do with just a little training - my auntie who used to read tea leaves, old mrs. Jones with her tarot deck, the guy at the grocery store who somehow always just digs into his pocket and pulls up exact change for whatever he is buying, or for that matter any woman who seems to be carrying a gallon of assorted items in a three-pint purse... and of course, The Secret. As for whether she is actually practicing magic... it's a bit trickier. Without testing her abilities, I would hazard she is mostly limited to sensing things - seeing spirits, noticing the soft glow of magical beings, that sort of thing - and manipulating probability. But those specifics will be learned later. For now, well, she will have to learn caution and subtlety."

Tamara looked at her wallet when you mention women's purses and smiles just a little, she looks rather confused though.
"Say that I believe you, just for a moment, I do not, but let us just pretend that I do, what would all of this mean for Egypt? That she will get superpowers? Will she be able to live a normal life? Will she always be in danger?"
The young mother asked sounding concerned and worried.
"And what do you mean that Egypt can affect probability...I do not understand Mr Wainwright...I just do not understand."
She exclaimed sounding rather stressed, confused and scared.
"And you say reality do not like what she do, what do that mean? Will she be hurt? Will she get sick? What?"

He smiled back at Egypt, "I don't think they were necessarily bad, either... but good people can be asked to do something for people they don't know are bad - such as look for someone and then tell the bad people where that someone is. Then the bad people can do bad things, and the good people who told them where to go don't even realize what they've done..."

"I do not understand Sir."
The little girl said as one cubby hand played with a lock of dark curls.
"If someone ask me to do something I ask Mama or Daddy and they will tell me if it is right or not."
She said as if that would solve every problem, and it probably did in her simple world that revolved around her parents and where they could do no wrong, this off course would change in time as she got older, but for now her trust was absolute and so was her innocence.

He nodded to Mark, "The spell is inspired by electronic countermeasures. It... scrambles our signal, as it were - makes it very hard to pinpoint us. Apparently, that extends to spirits' ability to locate us, as well, since they don't see like we do..."

"I doubt spirits use electronics to find us...but I guess your rote transcends Paradigms Mr Wainwright."
The Hollower said as he turned to the left.
"Are we still in the clear?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:18 am

Colin shrugged, "Normal life? That, I suppose, depends a lot on how she decides to define normality... I myself am a humble silversmith; an honest little shopkeep with a perfectly mundane business. You don't really get much more normal than that. The fact that I can bend Reality a little to my will is something else, in every way... And no, she won't always be in danger. It will likely happen over the centuries that she finds herself in a dangerous situation, but not really more so than anyone deciding to take their car into rush traffic. Really, we are mostly talking differences in kind and differences in scale here; rush traffic is not going to be a hazard to her, politics might, and not caring about risks certainly will be dangerous."
He sighed, "We call it Paradox; it's what will inevitably happen if we do the impossible in impossible ways, and especially if people see us do it. When that happens, the effects vary, but it's always a bit of a bother, for example, one might find that everything one touches for a while ages at an accelerated rate - very impractical if one tries to have a meal - or that one's normally perfect sense of direction is suddenly wrung inside out and twisted fifty-seven degrees counterclockwise, making navigation impossible. These things usually pass after a short while - a matter of hours in most cases, occasionally a few days - and usually, it's less dangerous than confusing and annoying."
He smiled to Egypt, "Those angels don't have their mommies and daddies to ask like you do. So they can be more easily tricked into working for bad people."
He nodded to Mark, "Inspired, not exactly the same - and I believe we still are. Egypt, sweetie - are the angels still gone?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:44 am

Colin shrugged, "Normal life? That, I suppose, depends a lot on how she decides to define normality... I myself am a humble silversmith; an honest little shopkeep with a perfectly mundane business. You don't really get much more normal than that. The fact that I can bend Reality a little to my will is something else, in every way...

"Well that sounds nice enough Mr Wainwright."
Tamara said.
"Listen like I said I am not claiming to believe you, but if by some chance what you are saying is true I would not mind in itself if Egypt...where special, but I want her to have her own life and be able to make her own choice, to do something of herself you know."
The young matter said.
"Could she still have that?"

And no, she won't always be in danger. It will likely happen over the centuries that she finds herself in a dangerous situation, but not really more so than anyone deciding to take their car into rush traffic. Really, we are mostly talking differences in kind and differences in scale here; rush traffic is not going to be a hazard to her, politics might, and not caring about risks certainly will be dangerous."

"C....centuries? I mean I know there are allot who are saying medical science are nearing the point of extending human life pretty far...but centuries...I do not understand..."
Tamara said then she calmed down a little.
"I just want my baby to be safe and happy Sir, that is all that I want."

He sighed, "We call it Paradox; it's what will inevitably happen if we do the impossible in impossible ways, and especially if people see us do it. When that happens, the effects vary, but it's always a bit of a bother, for example, one might find that everything one touches for a while ages at an accelerated rate - very impractical if one tries to have a meal - or that one's normally perfect sense of direction is suddenly wrung inside out and twisted fifty-seven degrees counterclockwise, making navigation impossible. These things usually pass after a short while - a matter of hours in most cases, occasionally a few days - and usually, it's less dangerous than confusing and annoying."

"I guess that do not sound to bad...weird as hell but not to bad."
Tamara muttered.
"This thing you are talking about, it can not kill her can it? Or do anything serious to her?"
She asked sounding most worried.
"Also what do you mean if people see you do it? You can not do what you claim to be doing in front of people? Sorry but that is just to strange, all of this makes just no sense...I am a junior curator at a art museum, I live a normal life and now you are telling me that my daughter is a mage and...she can do things and...someone want to hurt her for it? And there is a doomsday cult and...and...what the hell..."
The young woman said getting more and more scared and confused and only just controlling herself not to scare her daughter.

He smiled to Egypt, "Those angels don't have their mommies and daddies to ask like you do. So they can be more easily tricked into working for bad people."

"Ohh...that is so sad..."
Egypt said and pouted.
"Perhaps they can ask my Mama and Daddy then."
She said and smiled.
"Or Mrs Lawrence my teacher at school, she is nice to."

He nodded to Mark, "Inspired, not exactly the same - and I believe we still are. Egypt, sweetie - are the angels still gone?"

Mark just nodded to your explanation. Egypt stretched to look out the window.
"Yep...they are not there anymore, there are other angels though, a big one that is kind of fat in the ground, and little princes dancing in the sky but they are not seeing us."
She said and smiles.
"Did you chase the angels away Sir?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:30 am

Colin smiled, "Her choices might be coloured by what she is able to do, but she has no fewer options - in fact, likely a few more than most - in regards to what she can make of herself. She can become a physician, an engineer, a lawyer, a librarian, or any other type of profession, and make a good living off of it. She can find herself a significant other, or live happily as a single woman, should she prefer."
He leaned back in the seat, glancing outside, "She has as much a chance to be safe and happy as anyone else - as a Mage, she might even find she has more agency in that regard than most."
He sighed, "Paradox is sort of the cumulative effect of people not believing in magic. Usually, it's not harmful so much as temporarily annoying, but it's a question of scale. Let us say if someone flicked a fireball from their hands at someone, the repercussions from that would be... mostly insignificant; the equivalent of something to the tune of a second-degree burn or so. If, however, someone decided to turn North America into a gigantic turtle with the cities on its back, and somehow succeeded... people would not accept it, Reality would probably reassert itself with a vengeance, and I'd rather not contemplate what migth happen to the idiot who did something so blatantly stupid... The latter, of course, pretty much never happens; it's a hypothetical example of what you should never try to do..."
He frowned, "I suppose it's getting a bit much to take in... I can't magically force you to do this - and I wouldn't had I been able to - but would you mind trying to just lean back in the seat, close your eyes and count to 100, and relax? It's a perfectly ordinary meditative technique to help you relax by focusing on something simple and familiar..."
He gave Egypt a little grin, "Perhaps they might ask Mrs. Lawrence, yes... Can she make wishes, too?"
He shook his head, "I didn't chase them... I just made them a little confused, and hid us for a while."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Colin smiled, "Her choices might be coloured by what she is able to do, but she has no fewer options - in fact, likely a few more than most - in regards to what she can make of herself. She can become a physician, an engineer, a lawyer, a librarian, or any other type of profession, and make a good living off of it. She can find herself a significant other, or live happily as a single woman, should she prefer."

Tamara sigh and nodded.
"I guess it is not a bad thing then being a mage, not that I buy what you are selling just yet, just so we are clear but if you are right, and I must be insane for saying so, but if you are right it appears my baby can still have a fulfilling life, and as long as she is happy and safe I do not care what she is or how she fill her days."
The young mother said and she gave her little daughter a fond smile.

He leaned back in the seat, glancing outside, "She has as much a chance to be safe and happy as anyone else - as a Mage, she might even find she has more agency in that regard than most."

"Good...and Tian is he this thing as well? A mage I mean? Is that why strange things have always happened around him? Is that why when I fell down the stairs when carrying Egypt he pulled out a string and sat over me doing the cat's cradle...and suddenly I felt better, and the baby felt calmer? Did he save us?"
Tamara asked then she shook her head.
"I can not believe I am having this conversation."

He sighed, "Paradox is sort of the cumulative effect of people not believing in magic. Usually, it's not harmful so much as temporarily annoying, but it's a question of scale. Let us say if someone flicked a fireball from their hands at someone, the repercussions from that would be... mostly insignificant; the equivalent of something to the tune of a second-degree burn or so. If, however, someone decided to turn North America into a gigantic turtle with the cities on its back, and somehow succeeded... people would not accept it, Reality would probably reassert itself with a vengeance, and I'd rather not contemplate what migth happen to the idiot who did something so blatantly stupid... The latter, of course, pretty much never happens; it's a hypothetical example of what you should never try to do..."

"You are claiming there are...fireballs, like in fantasy books...and someone can turn a nation into...there are powers at such a scale...surly you are playing a game with this poor woman...I...ok I might...and mind you I say might be willing to believe that perhaps Egypt is seeing...something, perhaps there is more between heaven and earth and I mean you hear about people seeing ghoths and such all the time. I mother claim she woke up and knew the moment my grandfather died, I mean that sort of thing...but turning half a continent into an animal...casting a fireball...that is impossible is it not? It have to be..."
Tamara looked at you wide eyed.
"I...just can not...no something like that just do not exist!"
She declared then she looked at the little black haired angle beside her and asked softly.
"But if what you say is true Mr Wainwright...do that mean...my not buying what you are saying can end up hurting Egypt? Could I be...harming her?"

He frowned, "I suppose it's getting a bit much to take in... I can't magically force you to do this - and I wouldn't had I been able to - but would you mind trying to just lean back in the seat, close your eyes and count to 100, and relax? It's a perfectly ordinary meditative technique to help you relax by focusing on something simple and familiar..."

Tamara looked confused for a moment then she nodded.
"You...know, that might not be such a bad idea..."
She muttered before she closed her eyes and tried to steady her breath, she was rather upset and confused though.

He gave Egypt a little grin, "Perhaps they might ask Mrs. Lawrence, yes... Can she make wishes, too?"

"No she can not, but she can bake muffins."
Egypt said and gave you a big smile.
"And they are yummy. I can not bake muffins but I can eat them."

He shook his head, "I didn't chase them... I just made them a little confused, and hid us for a while."

"Ã…hhh...are we playing hide and seek with the angels?"
Egypt said and giggled in delight.

(OOC: Sorry about the late reply I was out with friends to play some MtG.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Colin nodded, "According to Tian, the damage you two suffered in that fall was extensive... he didn't manage to heal all of it, which is why Egypt's leg was broken at birth. As for the fireballs and continent-transformations - it is exactly as you say; impossible. Mages habitually do the impossible, but Reality and disbelief has a tendency to push back. A fireball is short-lived to begin with - that one we can usually get away with with little stress. Something major with millions of witnesses, though - if someone pulled it off, the backlash just might kill them... if they were lucky. But yes, a lot of people can sense a little bit of magic, even use those bits which are commonly accepted as simply happening - such as your mother knowing when her father died; blood bonds are some of the most powerful connections in the world, in particular when there is an emotional connection as well. And yes, being in Egypt's presence and disbelieving what she does will... inconvenience her in the long run. That is why one of the so-called Tradition Laws is called the Law of Shades - to always be subtle and not deliberately provoke Paradox. It's to protect us from messing up too badly."
He grinned, "You like muffins, do you? Well, there's an excellent cook where we're going - she just might have one ready for you when we get there. She's very good at knowing how much food to prepare, and when."
He nodded, "Hide and seek... yes, something like that."

((OOC: 'Sallright. I've been binding books all day. Pretty literally. Spiral bindings. My elbow is shot. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:08 pm

"I will raise the question about an Aegis again at the upcoming meeting and see what I can do and yes I am fully aware what we face, but for some playing politics are always more important than thinking clearly."

He shook his head a little but left it at that before he went on another tangent about how politics seemed to be getting in the way of common sense yet again. "I know you are aware sodalis," he said. "Very well, just let me get ready to speak to the Umbrood." He used his normal working so that he could speak with the spirit and then waited for him to call the guardian to them.

"He is here, I will leave so you can speak with him with your request in peace and I should be getting to that meeting, though I would rather speak with spirits than with politicians." He said and grinned. "Is there anything else before I go? A regular closing should allow our guardian to leave when you are done...oh and he can be a bit gruff...do not let that insult you."

"No, I don't believe so, thank you." He nodded at his comment about the Umbrood's nature and then turned his attention towards it. "Greetings."

~later
"Agreed and I have already alerted our guardian and sent some of my lesser spirit companions to keep and eye out around the Chantry." Joakim said and nodded.

"Good, well I suppose for now we should get back to work in the meantime.."

// S2, Speak with Spirits - 8, 3, 5
OOC 2 - for now I'll just leave the second bit at that until I know what's gone on in between unless something else comes up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Adley:

"I know you are aware sodalis," he said.

Joakim just nodded but it was clear that Chantry politics frustrated him.

"Very well, just let me get ready to speak to the Umbrood." He used his normal working so that he could speak with the spirit and then waited for him to call the guardian to them.

Joakim nodded and waited for you to finish your working before he called the guardian Umbrood.

"No, I don't believe so, thank you." He nodded at his comment about the Umbrood's nature and then turned his attention towards it. "Greetings."

The Security Chief nodded to you then he turned and left the room and let you alone with the guardian. In one corner of the room you see what really look like a snake made up of connected round boulders of granite, like a huge string of beads with a roughly shaped head and yet black, obsidian eyes, the boulders where about the size of a large pumpkin and the spirit looked to be about ten or twelve meters long, well that is how he appeared to you at least. The stone snake lifted it's head and looked at you.
"Umf visitors...how bothersome...well I guess I have to be polite...hello."
The Umbrood said and it sounded quite annoyed at how it's routine had been interrupted.
"Well I do suppose you want something...let me hear it."
The creature grumbled, it's voice sounded like a handful of pebbles being rolled down a metal slide.

Later:

"Good, well I suppose for now we should get back to work in the meantime.."

"Yes Sodalis I will contact you as soon as I hear anything from your Cabalmate."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Well I have said my pice before the Deacon Council so I will probably be called back in soon to hear their response and I am sure you have tasks to attend to as well."
The Security Chief said and nodded.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "According to Tian, the damage you two suffered in that fall was extensive... he didn't manage to heal all of it, which is why Egypt's leg was broken at birth.

"Hum...I wonder..."
Tamara muttered.
"I do not know what I should believe, but I...felt more hurt than I was when I got to the hospital...perhaps he saved us..."
The young mother muttered.

As for the fireballs and continent-transformations - it is exactly as you say; impossible. Mages habitually do the impossible, but Reality and disbelief has a tendency to push back. A fireball is short-lived to begin with - that one we can usually get away with with little stress. Something major with millions of witnesses, though - if someone pulled it off, the backlash just might kill them... if they were lucky.

"But you are saying it is possible, not likely...but possible to do things like that?"
Tamara said sounding rather shocked.
"That the only reason we are not living in a fantasy novel is that reality will punish those that try something like that? Also how can reality punish anyone? Do reality think?"
The young mother looked at you as if you where insane and she seamed like she did not know what to believe.

But yes, a lot of people can sense a little bit of magic, even use those bits which are commonly accepted as simply happening - such as your mother knowing when her father died; blood bonds are some of the most powerful connections in the world, in particular when there is an emotional connection as well.

"You know, that I can believe, perhaps though it is just that I want to believe you know, in a way it is a nice little story that my mother got to say goodbye to her father, even if she was not physically with him when he died, but turtle continents...that is something else."

And yes, being in Egypt's presence and disbelieving what she does will... inconvenience her in the long run. That is why one of the so-called Tradition Laws is called the Law of Shades - to always be subtle and not deliberately provoke Paradox. It's to protect us from messing up too badly."

"You have laws to? Do you mean there is a society of being like the ones you talk about? A whole club of turtle poofers?"
Tamara looked at you in wonder for a moment then she looked concerned.
"What can I do not to be a danger to Egypt, I mean if what you say is right and again I am not saying I believe that, but if it where true, what could I do to not be dangerous for her to be around...also how did you become what you are? If there are such powers as what you talk about, how can I protect my child? Can anyone become a mage? Cold I learn so I could protect my daughter? Or is it a special talent you are born with?"

He grinned, "You like muffins, do you? Well, there's an excellent cook where we're going - she just might have one ready for you when we get there. She's very good at knowing how much food to prepare, and when."

Egypt gave a big smile and nodded.
"Yes I like muffins Sir...with blueberries."
Well at least you think it was blueberries the kid was saying, her grasp of language was far better than her ability to speak and form the words correctly.

He nodded, "Hide and seek... yes, something like that."

"Weeeee!"
The little girl said and clapped her hands together happily.

(OOC: Ah do you use a machine to do that? I have considered getting something like that or finding a company that will spiral bind books, there are allot of books that you can only get on PDF, like Witches and Pagans for Mage and several PDF only smaller WoD documents and I would love to get them printed out and put in some sort of binding so I at least have them in my collection. Also again sorry for the late reply, the money I overpaid in tax are finally in so I got to go and make an appointment to have my odd eyes checked and went looking for glasses as I really need a pair.)

(OOC 2: I agree I am thinking a post or two more and I will have Colin arrive at the Chantry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Colin shrugged, "Oh, it is impossible - there's no changing that. But a Mage's stock in trade is exactly the impossible. The problem for us is, as I said, that Reality bounces back - impossible changes don't last very long if at all. The... concepts of possibility and impossibility kind of break down once magic enters the equation. As for Reality thinking... no. The simplest comparison is actually in Newton's Laws - for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Like the recoil of a gun, a small one won't hurt us, but if we try to hold a cannon while firing it... it will hurt. A lot."
He smiled, "The turtle was an extreme, absurd example, but yes, there's a society of us... And the best thing you can do for Egypt, to help protect her is to start by Believing. That way can be shown to anyone, but not everyone can learn to use much magic. The magic Egypt, Tian, Mark here and I use is what's called Awakened magic - it requires an aware and active Avatar like Egypt's birdie, but it is not the only sort of magic. There's also what's called Hedge or Linear magic, far more formulaic and predictable, and unaffected by the Paradox problem I described - unless you Awaken, I would say there's a good possibility you might learn that. I think everyone is born with an Avatar, but not every Avatar Awakens; some only do due to a traumatic experience, others during puberty, and a very few are active from infancy. I myself only Awakened when I took a missile to the face; very well into the traumatic category. I... would not recommend trying that method; it tends to sting. A lot."

((OOC: Personally, I prefer using rubber spines for game books - fit better on the bookshelves like that. But yes, I work in an advertising company printroom - I have machines for almost everything of such a nature. And a crowbar. Which I use as a backscratcher. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:49 pm

Colin shrugged, "Oh, it is impossible - there's no changing that. But a Mage's stock in trade is exactly the impossible. The problem for us is, as I said, that Reality bounces back - impossible changes don't last very long if at all. The... concepts of possibility and impossibility kind of break down once magic enters the equation.

"I do not understand Mr Wainwright? How can you do something if it is impossible?"
Tamara asked and looked really confused now.
"I am sorry if I am rude but that just makes no sense at all."
She muttered, taking a deep breath and counting to one hundred had helped but that did not mean the situation did not make her feel like Alice in Wonderland and wondering if you, her or possibly both had just gone of the deep end.

As for Reality thinking... no. The simplest comparison is actually in Newton's Laws - for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Like the recoil of a gun, a small one won't hurt us, but if we try to hold a cannon while firing it... it will hurt. A lot."

"I have never fired a gun, but yes I get your comparison and that is logical enough I guess."
The young woman said and nodded.
"But why would such a reaction then care about witnesses?"

He smiled, "The turtle was an extreme, absurd example, but yes, there's a society of us... And the best thing you can do for Egypt, to help protect her is to start by Believing. That way can be shown to anyone, but not everyone can learn to use much magic.

"Is there a big society? How can such a group have gone undetected, who do we not hear about you on the six o'clock news?"
Tamara asked then she sigh.
"I...do not know how to believe what you say, again I do not mean to offend Mr Wainwright but half of it sound crazy with the other half not that far behind."

The magic Egypt, Tian, Mark here and I use is what's called Awakened magic - it requires an aware and active Avatar like Egypt's birdie, but it is not the only sort of magic. There's also what's called Hedge or Linear magic, far more formulaic and predictable, and unaffected by the Paradox problem I described - unless you Awaken, I would say there's a good possibility you might learn that. I think everyone is born with an Avatar, but not every Avatar Awakens; some only do due to a traumatic experience, others during puberty, and a very few are active from infancy.

"Birdie!"
Egypt exclaimed happily before she continued to look out the window. The little girl's mother raised an eyebrow.
"And what are this Avatar you speak of, is it a spirit that is possessing you or? How do it give you such powers that you claim to have?"
She asked.
"And you say linear magic, how is that different from what you do?"

I myself only Awakened when I took a missile to the face; very well into the traumatic category. I... would not recommend trying that method; it tends to sting. A lot."

"I see...that is how you got your scars then?"
Tamara asked then she looked mortified.
"Oh no...I am sorry, I should not ask, I mean I did notice them but that is totally your business and not mine, and no I do think I want to avoid that."
She said and looked very apologetic.

Mark glanced at you for a moment before he looked back to the road.
"We will be back at Morningstar in five minutes give or take."
He said and he sounded relieved that no more run ins with Egypt's "angels" had been had.

(OOC: I do not think I have tried rubber spines, do you know where I can go to have a few such books printed out and bound? Well crowbars have many uses. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:42 pm

He smiled enigmatically, "I know it sounds insane, but there are just some concepts that lose either meaning or relevance once you are introduced to the world of magic. I'm afraid the rabbit hole goes deeper yet, and we are late for a tea party. Well, probably more like a cup of coffee, really."
He sighed, "Why witnesses make it worse... I'm afraid I can't quite explain that one. I just know that it is so."
He frowned, "We're... big enough, but we're what you could call a secret society. There are always unsubstantiated rumours, like the Illuminati and the like, but it's mostly kept quiet. There's... another group trying to suppress magic entirely, they're part of why rumours about us remain unsubstantiated. We also have some secret strongholds in quite otherworldly locations - they're probably a little too much for you to take right now."
He grinned at Egypt's exclamation, "It doesn't possess me, really... It's more like a spiritual symbiote - it needs a human so it can learn and grow, and in return, it allows its host to do magic, to change reality. Linear magic is different in that, well... it follows a strict progression from cause to effect; doing the same thing produces the same result every time. Awakened magic, on the other hand, is rather wibbly-wobbly in that we can make up new variations on the fly to fit the circumstances. A Linear mage can create a curative spell that will consistently fuse a single broken bone, while an Awakened mage can modify the spell to heal several broken bones at once, or perhaps mend a torn muscle at the same time, but with a small chance of buggering the whole thing up instead..."
He nodded, "I'll try to get a message through to the Chief - I'd rather not drop the cloak before we're in the garage."
He quickly typed up a new message to Joakim, and watched as it tried to send, "Home in five; no pursuers noted. Please bring coffee maker."

((OOC: Well, you could always look me up in Knarvik. It's basically my job, after all...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 pm

He smiled enigmatically, "I know it sounds insane, but there are just some concepts that lose either meaning or relevance once you are introduced to the world of magic. I'm afraid the rabbit hole goes deeper yet, and we are late for a tea party. Well, probably more like a cup of coffee, really."

Tamara just looked at you for a while.
"I...just do not understand."
She muttered then she sigh.
"Yeah I do feel like Alice in Wonderland, I guess that makes you the Mad Hatter then Mr Wainwright."
She muttered with a small smile.
"And coffee right now would be wonderful."

He frowned, "We're... big enough, but we're what you could call a secret society. There are always unsubstantiated rumours, like the Illuminati and the like, but it's mostly kept quiet. There's... another group trying to suppress magic entirely, they're part of why rumours about us remain unsubstantiated. We also have some secret strongholds in quite otherworldly locations - they're probably a little too much for you to take right now."

"I see, I guess that would explain it to some extent."
Tamara said and sigh and shook her head.
"I can not believe I am even discussing this, much less entertaining the notion that what you are claiming might be correct."
She added then she muttered.
"No I do not think I need more craziness right now thank you."

He grinned at Egypt's exclamation, "It doesn't possess me, really... It's more like a spiritual symbiote - it needs a human so it can learn and grow, and in return, it allows its host to do magic, to change reality.

"A spiritual symbiont, so you are telling me that another entity is living inside of you and Tian and my daughter? But is that safe? What if it takes you over or...or I don't know. What are these creatures? Are you even sure they are friendly."

Linear magic is different in that, well... it follows a strict progression from cause to effect; doing the same thing produces the same result every time. Awakened magic, on the other hand, is rather wibbly-wobbly in that we can make up new variations on the fly to fit the circumstances. A Linear mage can create a curative spell that will consistently fuse a single broken bone, while an Awakened mage can modify the spell to heal several broken bones at once, or perhaps mend a torn muscle at the same time, but with a small chance of buggering the whole thing up instead..."

"I see, well it sounds like your Awakened magick have greater potential then Mr Wainwright but that what you call linear magic is more reliable? Would that linear stuff you talk about, providing any of this is real be powerful enough to protect Egypt? If this world you speak of exist, I need to be able to keep her safe, she is so little, it is my job to protect her."
Tamara said but at this Egypt protested.
"I am not little, I am three years old, I am big!"
The young mother smiles a little and ruffle the child's curly hair.
"Yes love, huge..."
She said sounding amused.
"I still need to keep you safe though."

He nodded, "I'll try to get a message through to the Chief - I'd rather not drop the cloak before we're in the garage."

"Yeah that sounds wise, better safe than sorry."
Mark said as he took a turn and now you where starting to recognize some of the buildings you had seen before when driving from Morningstar earlier.

He quickly typed up a new message to Joakim, and watched as it tried to send, "Home in five; no pursuers noted. Please bring coffee maker."

You do not know if the message got through, there are no replies at least.

(OOC: I might do that, it is not so far away from me. The question is if your company makes single print out of legal PDFs with spiral or rubber bindings?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 am

Colin smiled, "You're handling yourself admirably. You've been hurled into a world you couldn't even believe was there yesterday, and you are focusing on protecting your daughter. And I used the word symbiont, because the Avatar needs to learn through the Mage. In rare cases, the Avatar can take over the Mage's body, but from experience, that will only happen if the Mage is no longer able to protect themselves - it's happened twice in my case, the first time when, well... It used my piloting skills to land the helicopter and save my copilot and passengers after I took that missile to the face. But the Avatar won't try to seize control, since that won't be a learning experience for it..."
He pondered, "It might be more accurate to say the difference is between flexibility and consistency. And i know one Linear mage who is an utter nightmare to try to duel magically - he's got basically one trick going, and that trick is to shut down a Mage's ability to use magic. It may well be possible for you to learn that; we'll have to see."
He nodded thoughtfully, pocketing his phone and looking at the surrounding buildings, waiting for Mark to get the car parked.

((OOC: Frequently. Though we prefer the A4 to the Legal format. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:25 am

"Umf visitors...how bothersome...well I guess I have to be polite...hello." The Umbrood said and it sounded quite annoyed at how it's routine had been interrupted. "Well I do suppose you want something...let me hear it."

Adley tried not to look amused. The tone of voice he heard was as Joakim said, a bit gruff and irritable. And the overall appearance of him reminded him strongly of a particular Pokemon. Not that he had been obsessed with Pokemon as much as other kids...but he could not really hate a cartoon about a kid with an electric mouse and flame breathing dragon. "I have a spirit friend coming to visit soon and I would like him to be able to come and go through your protections without disturbing them, if you please."

"Yes Sodalis I will contact you as soon as I hear anything from your Cabalmate." Joakim said and nodded. "Well I have said my pice before the Deacon Council so I will probably be called back in soon to hear their response and I am sure you have tasks to attend to as well."

"If Colin is coming in hot, should we have someone go down to the garage in a bit to help?" he asked and then nodded to him as he spoke about the Council. "I hope it's a useful one."

// ugh my bath sink just exploded, if I'm a bit more scarce it's cuz I'm cleaning and fixing it...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:21 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "You're handling yourself admirably. You've been hurled into a world you couldn't even believe was there yesterday, and you are focusing on protecting your daughter. And I used the word symbiont, because the Avatar needs to learn through the Mage. In rare cases, the Avatar can take over the Mage's body, but from experience, that will only happen if the Mage is no longer able to protect themselves - it's happened twice in my case, the first time when, well... It used my piloting skills to land the helicopter and save my copilot and passengers after I took that missile to the face. But the Avatar won't try to seize control, since that won't be a learning experience for it..."

"Ehm...thank you I guess Mr Wainwright, but my focus is always on protecting my baby, she is the most important thing in my life, however to be quite honest I do not know what to believe, and most likely what you are saying is flights of fancy, I hope you will not be insulted by me saying so, but I have seen enough odd things around Tian and Egypt that I can not completely discount what you are saying."
Tamara said and sigh.
"So this symbiont of yours are a guide of sort? How did it get there?"
She asked you wide eyed and confused.

He pondered, "It might be more accurate to say the difference is between flexibility and consistency. And i know one Linear mage who is an utter nightmare to try to duel magically - he's got basically one trick going, and that trick is to shut down a Mage's ability to use magic. It may well be possible for you to learn that; we'll have to see."

"I see, well that do sound rather useful actually."
The young mother nodded.
"Just as long as I can keep my daughter safe. I was only a kid when I became pregnant with her, it was never planned, but now she is my whole life."
She said softly and looked fondly at the little girl who now was busy playing with the fabric of her pink nightgown and trying hard not to show that she was sleepy.

He nodded thoughtfully, pocketing his phone and looking at the surrounding buildings, waiting for Mark to get the car parked.

A few moments longer Mark swung the caring into Morningstar's yard and then into the garage under the secondary building and found a place to park it. You see a small group of mages waiting for you, including Rosario Dane, one of the girls you had seen at the post office, a tall woman with blond hair and something metallic glued to her face, one of the Chief's apprentices and Alex Horton.
"Well here we are, safe and sound."
Mark said and smiles.

Adley:

"I have a spirit friend coming to visit soon and I would like him to be able to come and go through your protections without disturbing them, if you please."

"So you have friends now do you?"
The earth elemental grumbled and he raised himself up a little from the ground like a snake lifting it's head to look at Adley for a while.
"I can do what you ask off course...the question is who this friend of yours is, are he a proper being that will not cause problems to my domain and those withing it?"
It asked and gave the young Hermetic a stern look.
"For I want no trouble, the safety of those who live in this place are my responsibility, I will have you know they would be lost without me."
The spirit said proudly and protectively and looking a bit like a smug cat on the windowsill of his house saying there fat and content and considering if the neighbor's kitten would be allowed into his yard.
"I am a security system, that is what I am."
The Umbrood informed you.
"I maintain this place and those that live here, that is what I am, so will your friend be a disturbance? I will not have any shenanigans in my domain!"

Later:

"If Colin is coming in hot, should we have someone go down to the garage in a bit to help?" he asked and then nodded to him as he spoke about the Council. "I hope it's a useful one."

"Somehow I doubt they will come in hot since they would not want to risk bringing trouble to the Chantry Mr Roth Hicks but you are right, if they do it never hurts to be ready. I will ask Miss Dane...ah I do not think you have met her...and one of my boys to grab a few of the others and go down there and wait for them."
Joakim said then he nodded.
"I hope so to Mr Roth Hicks, I hope so to."

(OOC 1: Ah well I am sure that can be arranged as well though I have legal PDFs, I just hate reading books on a screen, I know it takes up less space and are more practical but still, I like to handle actual paper.)

(OOC 2: Well not that sucks Forces botch? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:05 am

"So you have friends now do you?..."I maintain this place and those that live here, that is what I am, so will your friend be a disturbance? I will not have any shenanigans in my domain!"

"My friend is coming to perform a specific task and then return home to complete it," he explained.

~later

"Somehow I doubt they will come in hot since they would not want to risk bringing trouble to the Chantry Mr Roth Hicks but you are right, if they do it never hurts to be ready. I will ask Miss Dane...ah I do not think you have met her...and one of my boys to grab a few of the others and go down there and wait for them."

"If he's got the girl and mother, they should be checked out as well in case they tried some other method to get at them, though with care obviously. We don't want to scare them, plus the mother is a sleeper. This will be a bit of an eye opening experience, I do hope everyone is alright. At any rate, being a mother hen will get nothing accomplished, so I shall see you soon."

// more like good old fashioned entropy

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next