Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 13 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:14 pm

"I remember this Diedne...he was a proud man, and a strong one I tortured him for days before he broke to exhausted by that time to give much useful information a worthy adversary...hum...I also remember that a member of the Black Cabal was cast out under somewhat hushed circumstances...this Kyle though I take it then he is Master Morgan's new apprentice, the widderslainte child he is trying to save?"
Crexia asked and raised and eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "He still has occasional aches in his hands; old memories lingering..."

"Lllwellyn! Yes..." He nodded, as he heard the coven leader's name...Beatrice. Claire. Llewellyn. "There are four time periods that seem to be important, at least that we know about, from my perspective. There could be many more, of course. The one with Llewellyn, Carmon, Artu, and Ejrne, Claire and Dylan, this current one, and the one that included Heylel."
He thought back, "I do find it interesting, though, that you identified me as a Tremere - but not by a different name, as I recall... A bit odd; you seemed to see me as I am, except in period clothing..."

Crexia looked at you as you spoke then she nodded.
"I remember the conversation with Master Du Monte about Deamons...Avatars and how ours where Fonts and he told me he saw glimpses of an obsidian dragon as he laid down to sleep at night and had taken to wearing an obsidian marble to remind himself it, the same marble Master Porthos have drawn into his portrait for the Fragile Path...if Anna is Du Monte's reincarnation do that...disturb you Mr Wainwright?"
Crexia asked softly.
He frowned, "Actually... no, it doesn't disturb me, so much as explain why we seem to have such a strong link already; in the Labyrinth, I projected back in time to meet her, on the day her mother was... well, she saw me, and offered me her favourite doll, handmade by her mother, as an offering in exchange for saving her mother's life. Gabriel was there at the same time, but he did not see me... but moments after that happened, I dug the doll out of the rubble in the corridor. It also begins to explain what Mia meant when she told me that this time, we'll save them all... Hum, and it explains why she loves marbles so much..."

He whistled. "I still can't imagine what would make him Fall...and for there to be a cover up."
He frowned, "No, there was no cover up... I'm pretty sure being captured as a toddler and getting groomed into the Caul by Gabriel was the primary contributing factor to that Fall... so it falls to me to bring my old friend and confidant home."

"Hm, it appears that the serum does not interrupt the internal mysteries totally...I didn't know there was blue obsidian."
"Neither did I, but stones have never been my forte I have seen green red and black obsidian but not blue..."
Udella said.
"It could be some version of black, some of those stones have a rather midnight look to them but Mrs Knox might know more about this than me."
He shrugged, "At the base level, obsidian is usually black, but that is subject to chemical composition - impurities in the sand or stone that was melted to form it. Mrs. Knox gave me the number to her, er, source; he might be an even better person to ask."

He scratched at his beard. "Glass is made of sand at high heat, or a lightning strike, yes...what does one do with this sand, though?"
He shrugged, "I think I mostly put it in hourglasses and similar items for storage - safety through obscurity, that kind of thing... Though I do have a few ideas about weaponizing it - sandblasters and the like."

"Well there is always the sands of time...but yes how do this sand work in the future Mr Wainwright?"
Udella asked and glanced at Colin.
He frowned, "The details are... fuzzy; I do believe it was painful to the touch, though."

"Well, he was certainly happier, to have something than no name or purpose, that is true. But I don't find that it was helpful for him to have his perfection ripped away by the Nephandi...he was likely quite fine as he was beforehand. But we're different, or avatars are. I do like your analogy of the crystal or material...yes a material, static perfection is not like living perfection, adaptation and refinement, that is quite beautiful," he said with a nod and faint smile.
He nodded, "He was perfect before the Fallen caught him... In some ways, I suppose he is perfect again."

"Assuming my hands could be healed, I'd rather the snake ropes," he said, much as he had before.
He shook his head, "Don't be too sure... by the looks of it, the pain is... comparable to a Branding, I should hazard. Those snake fangs are nasty."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Indeed...i think your negotiation with the pair will go quite well."
He smiled thinly, "I certainly should hope so... I'm rather desperate for it."

"Not that I do not trust you both and pardon, but that...is not really up to us to disclose, it is after all, private."
"Ah yes off course right you are, the matters of another's Avatar is best left for them to discuss it is a private matter I do apologize."
Udella said and smiled apologetically.
Crexia nodded.
"True then again whatever or not this Mercere can be saved is somewhat relevant for the topic at hand."
She protested mildly.
He nodded, "True enough - it is very much private, but also very pertinent. It's... a balancing act. We shouldn't pry to much on the venerable Master, but at the same time, we can't afford too much ambiguity and vagueness."

He smiled at him. "I don't think it sunk in for me to address you for the answer, yet...sorry."
He chuckled, "Well, it's not as though I remember everything about Teomim... if I hadn't remembered hatching, I suppose I wouldn't have remembered the thoughts and feelings associated with that first sunrise, either..."

"This is going to sound slightly mad...but...earlier, there was a spirit that had to take a lost avatar to the Well. She brought a friend and they found the lost soul, a Fallen avatar that was tagging along after its host died and causing trouble and went to take it back up where it belonged. Essentially, being a psychopomp. What if Heylel was trying to find a way to the Well?"
He coughed slightly, "I'll admit, I'm curious about finding the Well myself, though not in such a manner... I'd want to find it to observe from a distance, preferably in a ship..."

"Finding the Well of Souls would a mortal even be able to do such a thing?"
Udella said her eyes going wind.
"Hum...well I could see them wanting to do such a thing, what a sight it must be and seeing the Well of Souls one might be able to find out what our Avatars truly are...what was this spirit you saw though Sodalis?"
He nodded, "What a sight it must be, indeed..."

"What do you think, amicus?" he asked Colin. "As for could they...well, it rather depends if they knew there was such a place and what it was for, but it seems they had a more modern understanding of avatars not as Founts. As for the spirit...ah, I think she is a spirit, it's a little complicated but let's say an assistant to someone that we asked for some help, as I said. I'm not sure that's what's in the grimoire, I'm just trying to see the information in the prophesy from a different angle, what the benefit of incorporating the psychopomps based on what they are and do...or did. Or...is that why modern avatars are different than Founts? They integrated their psychopomp and so were able to choose their own hosts ever after..."
He pondered, "If Psychopomps guide Avatars to their Mages, then it stands to reason that any Mage who could merge with a Psychopomp could take on that task for themselves - take Avatars and handpick their reincarnations for their own purposes. A terrifying prospect, really - one might carefully distribute Fallen Avatars where they might not be noticed by the Traditions or the Union, and place Traditionalists in incarnations in heavily Technocrat-influenced areas, to resourceless families where any such talent would draw attention immediately..."

"Well the Renaissance was the time when mages started Awakening with Avatars and not Fonts, I am blessed with an Avatar that communicate with me, a girl that was trained at the same Covenant as me but who where ten years older had a Font, we where beginning to understand Avatars and Deamons as they where called back then and that something had changed and slowly we found out about Psychopomps that earlier they had guided Avatars to their hosts and that made for a perfect match so the soul never had to speak unless the mage was consumed by madness or in other ways lost their way. There is a good chance Teomim would know about the Psychopomps and that now without them Avatars made imperfect bonds with their hosts and the result was that they needed to guide us, well that and we have less potential for raw power than those born with a Fount, their bond is just stronger..."
Udella explained.
He nodded thoughtfully, "That... would make some sense, yes..."

"Well staying do not have to mean Miss Alexander's death, after all now you have prior knowledge of the attack and I am sure we can get you help and reinforcements, the battle need not end like in your vision mr Wainwright."
Crexia said then she frowned.
"I am not sure telling a traumatized girl about this prophecy is a good idea though, it might be to much for her to handle."
He shook his head, "She's made of pretty damn tough stuff to begin with; she'll be well on the mend within a couple of months... A little frail-looking still, but I won't tell her until she's strong enough to walk around and act on her own decisions unaided. And true, the battle need not end like it did in that timeline - we know the day, and I've received a few offers of backup... but the risk, if she stays, is still indisputably there."

He looked at Colin, clearly upset. "Then...I just don't understand. It will likely take us more time than we have, is what I am hearing, to assist her with any cleansing for her avatar, she still has to recover from what just happened. And then we will have short time to make use of, if your timeline becomes the true one. Yet if she does not..."
He nodded, "We're approaching a time of flux, not a fixed point... if Beatrice lives, we can help her cleanse her Avatar. If she dies... it will take another two reincarnations for us to have that chance... but it can still be accomplished. But right now, I am trying to wrench the whole damn thing onto a different track, to reduce future suffering and death. Whether I'm making the right decision, I don't know yet - but not trying to change anything is rather fatalistic."

"It is not /subtly/ different. It was blighted by her Fall. Her avatar was made barren, at least until this miracle that we were given was returned to us, saved by Claire. So...yes perhaps not entirely destroyed, but changed for the worse and it is out of balance." He sighed. "We are connected yes, I offered our ephemera to her to keep her avatar from shattering. I thought that was the right thing to do, because I hoped we could save her avatar, and others that seem to be like her. I believe it can be restored as well...I am however cautious of how to approach this so it does not cause further harms, if any of this other malarkey has any bearing on it..."
He nodded, "The relationship is greatly changed, no dispute, but the actual link - the connection between you was perhaps less affected."

"That is alright Mr Roth Hicks and I agree with you I also do not like prophecies much really but at times knowing what might come to pass is a good tool in figuring out how to avoid a bad outcome from happening and perhaps that is why we never hear about the positive prophecies, then again your friend here have seen himself happily married with three children and a flourishing apprentice gaining success on Horizon so some future visions are positives."
Crexia said with a slight smile.
"Well, you got me there. Infrequently, then but I am glad to hear something good." He smiled at Colin.
He grinned sheepishly, "Very much so."

He narrowed his eyes as he thought it over again, to answer his questions. "It's a bit hard to remember, so much has happened...but I don't think that voice had anything to do with him, he...er, the houseguest, that is, was there as another manifestation on its own, I envisioned him whole, and discreet from that voice which was not embodied. They were quite distinct. And I do believe I have the pronoun correct. I was told by a rather pleasant sounding voice that she could stitch together to heal, she could do this, but not restore it."
He pondered, "I'm guessing the Artificer in question might be Master Telar, then - between her skill with healing Avatars and her engineering genius in building the Heart of Horizon, I don't know if there are many others who could qualify in context..."

"You can permanently see through the veil," he mused, with a tilt of his head. "Hm...yes spirits can exist on the other side, without us normally noticing them. It is quite a shock to realise they are there, and have been just on the other side of it...once, I believe that people naturally were aware of them all the time, just as you are now. The Gauntlet was not the same long ago...as for not seeing lesser spirits, they've probably scrammed. They know there's problems." He looked thoughtful.
He shrugged, "I got the shock of realization a little earlier, when I realized Shimmer would likely have been staring at me over the cookpots for years already..."

"I don't think I could teach it to you the way that I know how to do it; it is an internal process, a mystery. Which is to say, even if I were to explain the instructions, it would not make sense. Less like a cookbook where you can flip to the chapter you want and more of a process, where you need to read what came beforehand. But yes, I would of course try to help you."
He nodded, "I'd appreciate that; a fair exchange for teaching you to draw power directly from external Quintessence sources, eh?"

"I know...I know old friend...I just wish...well it is in the past I suppose and you are here in the now...know that if you ever need my help though, I will come to your aid if I am at all able."
Udella said softly and patted your hand.
He nodded, "As will I, if you need it."

"No not a problem, as long as it is not enough of it to endanger the realm then trade in other types of highly Resonated Quintessence is fully legal. I advised her to apply some shielding wards to the shipment but otherwise she got her Tass delivered just fine."
Udella replied and nodded.
He pondered, "Hypothetically, if I were to bring along some of the corrupted Tass I've been confiscating and using to Horizon, as a tool for demonstrating the efficacy of my Rote, would that be legal so long as it never changed hands?"

"Well that sounds most unpleasant."
Udella said and raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "It was the plot of a movie; starvation and overpopulation were global problems in that story. It was a horrible, pragmatic solution, but nobody knew about it..."

"That is possible but why then try to make the Seer not stop the Betrayal?"
Crexia asked.
"Such a being could have it's own reasons off course for wanting Teomim out of the way."
He frowned, "If you are going to pretend you're someone else, especially if you're planning to show up as a future version of them, you would definitely want the original removed so they couldn't dispute you..."

"Well the creation of the child of the egg, the perfect Alchemical hermaphrodite is a symbolic goal in one of the main stages of the alchemical process, right before the creation of the Philosopher's Stone. I think perhaps they did it as part of that path."
Udella suggested.
"I doubt it was about proving anything Mr Wainwright...it was part of their spiritual path, their refinement process."
Crexia said and raised and eyebrow.
He nodded, "True, it was a part of their spiritual path, their refinement process - but to an innovator, to a creator, proving possible the seemingly impossible is as spiritual an experience as anything else."

"If I knew how such a thing could be done Mr Wainwright I would know how to avoid it, I am just saying it is a possibility and is not even beginning to speculate as to how."
Crexia said.
"Stranger things have happened."
He inclined his head to the side in acknowledgement, "Well, I can't dispute that..."

"That do appear to be her mad plan yes...are you thinking about Martha Cunningham what about her?"
Crexia asked and Udella looked a bit confused.
"What did happen to Abigail's apprentice? I know we killed one in the Labyrinth and Morningstar have another in custody there is a third?"
"Wait...wait...do we know it was the twins doing the deed? For that we might be able to prove...I know of a Mercere a former widderslainte where Vittoria D'Angelo led the ritual, examining his soul where his Avatar was should reveal her sigil and if Martha Cunningham have the same marks in hers that would be proof that she performed the deal, she might still claim it was in combat and we might not be able to pin working with the Nephandi on her though but it would be further proof..."
Udella said and frowned.
"Yes, her. She apparently was gilgulled by someone or ones and then sent to a hospital in Boston..."
He nodded, "Martha said Larson had sold them all to the Italians... she said, only slightly erroneously, that there are no widderslaintes in Boston... And she was gilgulled and then escaped to the streets where the police picked her up and shipped her to a... less reputable mental institution."

"A desperate Nephandus namedropping will not carry much weight, their sigils found at the crime scene as it where that might carry a little more and give weight to said name dropping."
Udella said pondering.
"But just the claims of Abigail that is flimsy evidence..."
He nodded, "If it were just Abigail's claims, I wouldn't bother. But when her statement so thoroughly corroborates the other evidence and statements we've compiled this week..."

"Well the twins brought their Mentor back and tended to him for a year before he was consumed by his depression and died...he confirmed their claims as to what happened to him."
Udella said.
"If I remember the case right, my memory might not be what it used to be."
He frowned, "He lived for a year after... oh, that part I did not know..."

"Agreed we should look into it as soon as we get out of the time bubble. Also I do wonder how that little...ehm...child...would react to seeing you Mr Wainwright."
Crexia mushed.
He shrugged, "Impossible to predict how the child would react... Might be scared by the strange man with all the scars, but... I'd hope they'd react more with curiosity than anything else."

"I doubt there are any coincidences in this whole mess."
Crexia said sounding tired.
"We are going to have to try to track down that sample."
He frowned, "I don't really believe in coincidences... Too many things from the past are coming full circle now, and too many things in the future are starting their circles..."

"Still doesn't answer how they intercepted the Mercere mail system and knew about the package in the first place. Let's see, is there anything else...Colin, is it still painful, that serum or has it at least abated somewhat?"
"No I am still concerned about that, now it was possible for them to intercept the Mercere's mail delivery system and I have no answers to that at this moment, but I aim to find out."
Crexia said she glanced at Colin.
"Yes how are you feeling Mr Wainwright?"
He grimaced, "It feels sort of like I've got a sting from a giant hornet deep in the muscle, with the venom burning and stretching the muscle by virtue of mass alone... but that's the effect of the quantity of the dose, I think - the actual discomfort from the serum is not so bad anymore. I'll let you know if I develop a headache, though, but the nausea seems to have withdrawn."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 13 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 pm

"But yeah I always missed having friends, I have one now though Gabrielle...she lives under a bridge near our apartment."
Kyle said and he blushed talking about the girl.

"She lives under a bridge?" Serge asks wanting to know more about Kyle's friend.

"I need to learn to meditate then...hum...it would be worth it though, any ideas for where to start?"
Kyle said and scratched his head.

"Sit comfortably, breath naturally, focus on each breath and how your body moves to each inhalation and exhalation. You want to be as relaxed as possible. Clear your head and let all your worries simply melt away." Serge advised.

"Could you make him think he was like really drunk, or just make him fall asleep, that would be useful and then you could run away while he was sleeping and run to get your Mentor or something, or kick him in the nuts...though I guess then he would not be sleeping anymore...so it is best to take his gun away first..."

"I couldn't make him actually drunk...that sorta falls under the life Sphere. I could replicate some of the symptoms of drunkenness though. Blurry vision, confusion, hallucinations, loss of common sense. I could even make him believe he was drunk even when he is not. But of course I would need to know what being drunk feels like. Granted I am almost 100 percent sure that the spell to make someone dunk has been made and perfected by a Cult of Ecstasy member. Their always doing crazy stuff like that." Serge said with a laugh.

"And making someone sleep has always been a classic spell in fantasy. I could do that as well although I don't think I've ever measured how powerful it is. I know I could push someone really heavily to sleep and make them really sleepy. As for kicking him in the nuts....I don't think I have the aim to hit such a small target."

"Perhaps you could make drawings in advance and then just show them to the Technocrat to cast magick faster?"
Kyle asked then she sigh.

"I got a bunch of drawings right here." Serge said flipping through his sketchbook. "And one of the good things about my magick is that I don't actually need to show my target my drawings...granted that helps but really the drawings act as a sort of gateway from my imagination into reality. I just need to draw my target and something happening to them and focus on that. That's why stick figures are handy, they can be altered quickly to represent almost anybody doing anything."

"But yeah a gun is often faster than magick I do not draw things and I can get a spell of pretty quickly but I need to do a series of hand gestures so it takes at least ten, fifteen seconds, he could shoot me dead before then."
The boy muttered and looked down at his hands and flashed a series of quick, elegant hand gestures to show you.

"Hey that's pretty good man!" Serge said praising Kyle's abilities.

"I don't know how fast I could cast a spell. I think the fastest and best way for me not to get shot would be for me to be wearing some sort of symbol. That way I could channel my magick through that symbol without the technocrat knowing. I've been wanting to see if I can use pop-culture symbols in my magick. Imagine wearing a cap with the batman logo on it and having everyone around you getting really scared."

"I don't know but my dad says one can ether the spirit world physically so why not a mental realm?"
Kyle said and shrugged.

Serge shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno much about the spirit world. But from what I know the mental realms are for the consciousness only. But I could wrong, remember I'm not the greatest student."

"It would be so cool to enter other people's dreams, they do that to in the books my dad made me read, but that are the good bits and not the scary bits."
The boy said and grinned.

"That does sound cool doesn't it. Kinda like inception." Serge said wondering what dream-walking was like.

"Ok cool, let me know if you need my help with that again."
Kyle offered happily.

"Sure thing, I'm always coming up with weird things like that." Serge said with a grin.

"I'll help you with your magick as well."

"There are probably allot, however really it is using the word wrong, it originally just means someone doing divination with something so a cartomancer would be reading in cards and a pyromancer really means someone who read fortunes in fire...I prefer the fantasy mistake of the word though and have pyromancer mean someone wo make fires with their minds and magick."
Kyle said and he nodded and grinned.

"Really? Wow the more you know..." Serge said with smile.

"But yeah the fantasy version is a lot cooler. Still reading fortunes within fire has its own fantastical feel to it. Staring into a fire until you see the future....or go blind." Serge said with a chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "He still has occasional aches in his hands; old memories lingering..."

"Traumas from former lives can manifest physically in current ones, making sure the young man takes good care of his hands might be wise then, poor Arto his...end was not a good one, and for a Hermetic to have their hands broken is quite horrible but it was war and we did what we had to."
Crexia said and frowned.

He thought back, "I do find it interesting, though, that you identified me as a Tremere - but not by a different name, as I recall... A bit odd; you seemed to see me as I am, except in period clothing..."

"You would have been a good recruit for the House before it's distasteful fall to vampirism."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.
"Perhaps your Cabalmate sensed that to even in his Twilight."

He frowned, "Actually... no, it doesn't disturb me, so much as explain why we seem to have such a strong link already; in the Labyrinth, I projected back in time to meet her, on the day her mother was... well, she saw me, and offered me her favourite doll, handmade by her mother, as an offering in exchange for saving her mother's life. Gabriel was there at the same time, but he did not see me... but moments after that happened, I dug the doll out of the rubble in the corridor. It also begins to explain what Mia meant when she told me that this time, we'll save them all... Hum, and it explains why she loves marbles so much..."

"Well your Avatar could have recognized her old friend in the girl and as such gotten attached to her and yes it might explain her love of marbles I do remember that Du Monte used to wear one around his neck."
Crexia said and nodded.
"And I do hope that you are right...that this time you will save them all."

He frowned, "No, there was no cover up... I'm pretty sure being captured as a toddler and getting groomed into the Caul by Gabriel was the primary contributing factor to that Fall... so it falls to me to bring my old friend and confidant home."

"I think your Cabalmate meant Dylan's executioner, who's expulsion from the order and later death is a bit of a mystery and smacks of a cover up and not Master Du Monte who died in battle with the Order of Reason...I believed Paradox was his cause of death, very much not corrupted and very much an upstanding member of House Guernicus."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"We know that if Anna is Du Monte's current incarnation then she Fell as a small child corrupted by the Nephandus Gabriel, Du Monte himself and whatever lives might have been between his death and Anna's birth have been pure."

He shrugged, "At the base level, obsidian is usually black, but that is subject to chemical composition - impurities in the sand or stone that was melted to form it. Mrs. Knox gave me the number to her, er, source; he might be an even better person to ask."

"Ah yes the shapeshifter shaman, yes he might be a good person to ask indeed he seam very knowledgeable when it comes to gemstones both in their mundane and magickal properties, and he is a friendly enough fellow, I bought a pair of citrines for earrings as a gift for my Swan from him last year."
The archmage said and smiled.
"Interesting fellow he enjoys haggling over his stones and is disappointed if you immediately agree to his price."

He shrugged, "I think I mostly put it in hourglasses and similar items for storage - safety through obscurity, that kind of thing... Though I do have a few ideas about weaponizing it - sandblasters and the like."

"Well as we do not have this resource at the moment how to weaponize it might, considering all the other issues we have to discuss at the moment, be a somewhat mote point."
Crexia said.

He frowned, "The details are... fuzzy; I do believe it was painful to the touch, though."

"Interesting, most interesting and useful once this recourse becomes available."
Udella said and gave you a thoughtful smile.
"I am sure it can be put to good use in the future."

He nodded, "He was perfect before the Fallen caught him... In some ways, I suppose he is perfect again."

Crexia just nodded at that.

He shook his head, "Don't be too sure... by the looks of it, the pain is... comparable to a Branding, I should hazard. Those snake fangs are nasty."

Udella looked down at her wrists and rubbed them where the hooks had penetrated her skin.
"No a Branding is worse...I have never been Branded Mr Wainwright but I have performed a few...I guess the restraints might be compared to lesser, shallow Branding meant only to last for a year or two, but anything deeper...that gets bad...very bad...but it do feel like the hooks do something with the Avatar but there are no direct damage."

He smiled thinly, "I certainly should hope so... I'm rather desperate for it."

"Desperation makes for a weak point to negotiate from, you better hope the ladies like you."
Crexia said wryly.

He nodded, "True enough - it is very much private, but also very pertinent. It's... a balancing act. We shouldn't pry to much on the venerable Master, but at the same time, we can't afford too much ambiguity and vagueness."

"Well I guess the basics there have been covered, there is hope that Miss Florentine might recover and be able to share her secrets, though with a method like that which have never been done before as far as we know I will hold off on my enthusiasm until I have seen it work."
Crexia commented and Udella nodded she still looked fascinated though.

He coughed slightly, "I'll admit, I'm curious about finding the Well myself, though not in such a manner... I'd want to find it to observe from a distance, preferably in a ship..."

"You seam to think the Well of Souls are something as simple as a place in the Umbra that you can go to and look at, do you really think the home of Avatars are so easily observed or understood Mr Wainwright?"
Crexia asked and smiled a little.

He nodded, "What a sight it must be, indeed..."

Udella gave a calm, contented smile.
"At least our Avatars will see it when they return to the Cycle once our lives are over old friend...but I do wonder what the Well is...what they are...and what their ultimate goal and purpose is, but such questions might not be for mortal minds to get answers to, yet they do make interesting topics for dreams do they not?"

He pondered, "If Psychopomps guide Avatars to their Mages, then it stands to reason that any Mage who could merge with a Psychopomp could take on that task for themselves - take Avatars and handpick their reincarnations for their own purposes. A terrifying prospect, really - one might carefully distribute Fallen Avatars where they might not be noticed by the Traditions or the Union, and place Traditionalists in incarnations in heavily Technocrat-influenced areas, to resourceless families where any such talent would draw attention immediately..."

"Well it would not benefit the Nephandi to weaken the Traditions while strengthening the Union, if any one of the parties to our little war where to fall the other two would go in full force on one another and that would be quite unfortunate but yes I do see your point young man and indeed that is a terrifying prospect."
Crexia said and nodded.
"It could be the Nephandi's motivations in this but again it is pure speculation."

He shook his head, "She's made of pretty damn tough stuff to begin with; she'll be well on the mend within a couple of months... A little frail-looking still, but I won't tell her until she's strong enough to walk around and act on her own decisions unaided. And true, the battle need not end like it did in that timeline - we know the day, and I've received a few offers of backup... but the risk, if she stays, is still indisputably there."

"That someone who have been badly traumatized can stand on their own is not really a good indication that they can mentally handle such information, the girl have been nearly Gilgulled, she is not just going to be as she was in a few months, I can not even begin to imagine what she is going through you will want to be very careful old friend."
Udella said and frowned.
"And yes the battle will be a risk but knowing she originally died in it she can be protected even if she choose to stay and fight."

He pondered, "I'm guessing the Artificer in question might be Master Telar, then - between her skill with healing Avatars and her engineering genius in building the Heart of Horizon, I don't know if there are many others who could qualify in context..."

"That is possible...but Master Telar is as far as I know not an Artificer she was never a member of Iteration X nor do she make well artifacts, she is a technomancer but not all technomancers are Artificers."

He shrugged, "I got the shock of realization a little earlier, when I realized Shimmer would likely have been staring at me over the cookpots for years already..."

Udella grinned a little at that.
"Ah yes...she probably have at that old friend...she probably have indeed."

He nodded, "As will I, if you need it."

Udella nodded at that and gave you a smile.
"Thank you old friend..."

He pondered, "Hypothetically, if I were to bring along some of the corrupted Tass I've been confiscating and using to Horizon, as a tool for demonstrating the efficacy of my Rote, would that be legal so long as it never changed hands?"

"A very small amount yes but I do not think you would be allowed to bring any great quantities of corrupted Quintessence into Horizon even if you can legally own it, the stuff would be considered a security risk and if you are bringing any be sure to alert the authorities that you are so you are not throw in a cell suspected of trying to sell the stuff or worse of trying to corrupt one of the Nodes that sustain the realm."
The old Quesitor said and nodded.

He shrugged, "It was the plot of a movie; starvation and overpopulation were global problems in that story. It was a horrible, pragmatic solution, but nobody knew about it..."

"Hum..."
Was all Udella had to say to that.

He frowned, "If you are going to pretend you're someone else, especially if you're planning to show up as a future version of them, you would definitely want the original removed so they couldn't dispute you..."

"True enough."
Crexia said.
"And it is a possibility that Moloch was not the future Teomim...though I am still not convinced of that, the Seer was a brilliant man."

He nodded, "Martha said Larson had sold them all to the Italians... she said, only slightly erroneously, that there are no widderslaintes in Boston... And she was gilgulled and then escaped to the streets where the police picked her up and shipped her to a... less reputable mental institution."

"Hum...we should probably have the woman's soul examined then...gently off course."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded, "If it were just Abigail's claims, I wouldn't bother. But when her statement so thoroughly corroborates the other evidence and statements we've compiled this week..."

"Corroborated by those working for Abigail if I where defense in such a case I could easily claim that it was all a set up on part of Abigail trying to frame a pair of powerful, respected Traditionalists...you might get an investigation with that but an arrest or conviction? Doubtfully."
Udella said and frowned again.

He frowned, "He lived for a year after... oh, that part I did not know..."

"I have a feeling that seeing him decline...is what drove the twins over the edge."
Crexia muttered.

He shrugged, "Impossible to predict how the child would react... Might be scared by the strange man with all the scars, but... I'd hope they'd react more with curiosity than anything else."

"Let me clarify...both Lady Arden and Master Ir are eager participants of the yearly protest marches against the use of the Gilgul rite. Each ear in November several magi meet at Horizon Chantry wearing all white...each carrying a candle and they walk down to Teomim's grave in silent protest of the rite, some carrying banners with the names of those who have suffered such a fate, the protestors are peaceful but they are not always met with peace...in any case Master Ir and Lady Arden got married right before one such march and they ehm...consummated their marriage right by Mater Teomim's grave thinking that such an act would be a good tribute to the grand alchemist, a union of male and female of their own. Well that consummation bore fruit, three of them, in and off itself a Verbena Master of Life being unusually fertile is nothing strange, nor was it any strange when three heartbeats turned to two in her womb, triplets carry with it risks and one of the babies dying and being absorbed back into the mother's body is nothing unusual...however then came the time for the birth first came a girl, a healthy, normal little girl that Master Ir named Mary Elisabeth, and then came a rebis child, the third baby had not died, two of them had joined before birth into a perfect, natural rebis child, now this caused quite a bit of an uproar, given where the babies had been conceived and Lady Arden naming the child Heylel in honor of the grand alchemist did not make things any better...the strange thing though is that Philippa have dark red hair, and Master Ir is Arabic, Mary Elisabeth have dark brown hair and black eyes like her father, and their later child Taliesin have black hair and black eyes, but the rebis child have hair as fair as the morning sun and eyes as blue as sapphires...Heylel Teomim despite being Italian was fair of hair and eye...so yes I would like to see the child's reaction to you Mr Wainwright and I do not mean to your scars."

He frowned, "I don't really believe in coincidences... Too many things from the past are coming full circle now, and too many things in the future are starting their circles..."

"Indeed."
Was all the old archmage had to say to that.

He grimaced, "It feels sort of like I've got a sting from a giant hornet deep in the muscle, with the venom burning and stretching the muscle by virtue of mass alone... but that's the effect of the quantity of the dose, I think - the actual discomfort from the serum is not so bad anymore. I'll let you know if I develop a headache, though, but the nausea seems to have withdrawn."

Udella nodded and gave you a concerned look.
"I am glad you are feeling better Mr Wainwright but yes let us know if you start having a headache."

Serge:

"She lives under a bridge?" Serge asks wanting to know more about Kyle's friend.

"Yeah in one of those old forgotten maintenance sheds."
Kyle said and smiled a little.
"She have made it real homelike..."

"Sit comfortably, breath naturally, focus on each breath and how your body moves to each inhalation and exhalation. You want to be as relaxed as possible. Clear your head and let all your worries simply melt away." Serge advised.

The young widderslainte looked a bit doubtful.
"Ok man I can try it, but I am not so sure I can let all my worries simply melt away i have allot of worries!"

"I couldn't make him actually drunk...that sorta falls under the life Sphere. I could replicate some of the symptoms of drunkenness though. Blurry vision, confusion, hallucinations, loss of common sense. I could even make him believe he was drunk even when he is not. But of course I would need to know what being drunk feels like. Granted I am almost 100 percent sure that the spell to make someone dunk has been made and perfected by a Cult of Ecstasy member. Their always doing crazy stuff like that." Serge said with a laugh.

"It seams like the Cult of Ecstasy have all the fun."
Kyle commented and grinned.
"But yeah making a Technocrat think he was drunk would be so much fun...I have not been actually drunk either but I have been drugged up pretty good at hospitals so if it is anything like that he would be rather helpless."

"And making someone sleep has always been a classic spell in fantasy. I could do that as well although I don't think I've ever measured how powerful it is. I know I could push someone really heavily to sleep and make them really sleepy. As for kicking him in the nuts....I don't think I have the aim to hit such a small target."

"I could let you try it out on me sometimes it is not like it is dangerous it is just sleep."
Kyle offered.
"As for the ball kick, it is not so hard the legs sort of guide your foot to the right position just aim between them and kick as hard as you can, you should hit something that hurts."

"I got a bunch of drawings right here." Serge said flipping through his sketchbook. "And one of the good things about my magick is that I don't actually need to show my target my drawings...granted that helps but really the drawings act as a sort of gateway from my imagination into reality. I just need to draw my target and something happening to them and focus on that. That's why stick figures are handy, they can be altered quickly to represent almost anybody doing anything."

"Ok I see...well that makes sense...well if you can use simple stick figures you can probably draw a few of them in not to many seconds, that is pretty fast...not faster than a bullet though."
Kyle commented.
"I guess that is why you hide the mage behind the tank in most fantasy games eh?"

"Hey that's pretty good man!" Serge said praising Kyle's abilities.

Kyle grinned a bit.
"Thank you, they do not do much when on this bloody serum but the gestures are practical enough."
He said and massaged his hands a bit and flexed them.
"I think it is going to rain, my fingers always act up before bad weather...and now I sound like some old dude."
The young mage said wryly.

"I don't know how fast I could cast a spell. I think the fastest and best way for me not to get shot would be for me to be wearing some sort of symbol. That way I could channel my magick through that symbol without the technocrat knowing. I've been wanting to see if I can use pop-culture symbols in my magick. Imagine wearing a cap with the batman logo on it and having everyone around you getting really scared."

"That sounds really cool, and there are so many symbols out there you would have so many options at your fingertips and I bet magick using a tool like that could be pulled of in a flash...you should try that out."
Kyle said excitedly.
"That would be really fun to see."

Serge shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno much about the spirit world. But from what I know the mental realms are for the consciousness only. But I could wrong, remember I'm not the greatest student."

"My dad says everything and anything is possible for mages like us, we just need the understanding and power to do it and then anything we can imagine can be done."
The young widderslainte commented.
"I am sure it is possible to pull someone physically into your mental world."

"That does sound cool doesn't it. Kinda like inception." Serge said wondering what dream-walking was like.

"Yeah...yeah...yeah just like that...I love that movie."
Kyle said and grinned.

"Sure thing, I'm always coming up with weird things like that." Serge said with a grin.

"I'll help you with your magick as well."

The kid nodded and smiled.
"Thanks that will be helpful."

"Really? Wow the more you know..." Serge said with smile.

"Yeah...well I read allot."
Kyle commented.
"And my dad knows allot about this shit as well."

"But yeah the fantasy version is a lot cooler. Still reading fortunes within fire has its own fantastical feel to it. Staring into a fire until you see the future....or go blind." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I have never really tried to read the future, but it would be a cool ability as well and I think I would rather use fire to read in than cards and crystal balls and such."
The kid said and nodded.
"If I ever learn how to do it I mean."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 pm

"You would have been a good recruit for the House before it's distasteful fall to vampirism." The old Tytalus said and smiled. "Perhaps your Cabalmate sensed that to even in his Twilight."

"To be fair, I saw everyone as a member of the Order that was not a Verbena or similar type of willworker, those I saw as Diedne...though it seemed most natural to me that you were -specifically- of House Tremere. I ascribed to you knowledge of that house and those in it, and treated you that way and also as a friend and trusted person."

"You are probably right those are the four time periods that seam to be most involved with our current situation, if we do not consider some future time periods that Mr Wainwright have seen at least, for if we include them then there is also those...and the only link we can find between all of these time periods are you and Miss Alexander the question is how this all fits together."
Crexia said and frowned.

"Not the only link," he said, tipping his head at Colin. "And I do think his future glimpse count."

"Well your Avatar could have recognized her old friend in the girl and as such gotten attached to her and yes it might explain her love of marbles I do remember that Du Monte used to wear one around his neck." Crexia said and nodded. "And I do hope that you are right...that this time you will save them all."

"I suppose it could, at that. I wonder if that bead is still rattling around somewhere."

"I would rather experience pain than anything that might do damage my avatar, Colin."

He chuckled, "Well, it's not as though I remember everything about Teomim... if I hadn't remembered hatching, I suppose I wouldn't have remembered the thoughts and feelings associated with that first sunrise, either..."

"Yes, well our spirits do have these memories and experiences...something happening in the now does jog them at times, as we've found out."

"Well that regret to the side trying to look at the prophesy from a new light is probably a good idea Sodalis...the question then is where are your thoughts leading you?" She said and glanced at you. "We do not know why the Paychopomps vanished though I doubt they are a part of modern Avatars...my guess is that increasing Paradox is to blame, allot of magickal creatures where forced to leave earth at about the same time."

"I'm not sure where they're leading me, or if they are. I'm testing out ideas to see if there's anything there, like a traveller with a stick walking through a swamp."

"That's terrifying, a bit like someone trying to play chess with everyone and none of us even know we're on a chessboard."

"You seam to think the Well of Souls are something as simple as a place in the Umbra that you can go to and look at, do you really think the home of Avatars are so easily observed or understood Mr Wainwright?" Crexia asked and smiled a little.

"I admit 'place' has taken on a different subtext when it comes to the umbra...I doubt that it would be easy to access such a thing...even the supernal realms associated with the upper triad, according to kabblalistic pathworking, are safeguarded against direct interaction for most incarnated beings. From another perspective, imagine following the river all the way back..." he shook his head. "It is an interesting idea - I don't know if it's possible, wise, or even what the Grimoire is about, though. I think that one is going to have to go onto the backburner..." He scratched at his chin.

He nodded, "We're approaching a time of flux, not a fixed point... if Beatrice lives, we can help her cleanse her Avatar. If she dies... it will take another two reincarnations for us to have that chance... but it can still be accomplished. But right now, I am trying to wrench the whole damn thing onto a different track, to reduce future suffering and death. Whether I'm making the right decision, I don't know yet - but not trying to change anything is rather fatalistic."

He looked a bit mollified but still worried. "I have faith in you amicus...to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to all this time business."

"Ah yes off course...forgive me Sodalis it...so much have happened I completely forgot that detail." Crexia said. Udella though raised an eyebrow but she was to polite to ask.

"I understand, believe me. I think I'm at my saturation point, too. It's made me a bit...cranky."

"An Avatar will create for it's mage exactly the Seeking that mage need at that time to develop further, it is hard to say if the voice you heard where real or just part of the Seeking and I am afraid I can't solve that mystery for you, perhaps only you can solve it but if it was fatherly is there any chance it could have been...some aspect of Heylel...if you are their heir, perhaps the Grimoire itself spoke to you with their voice..."

"Hm...I suppose both of those could be what happened...I'm just worried about this Moloch horning his way in somehow in what I felt was a private process, sometimes malevolent spirits can sound quite pleasant to fool a person."

"That is possible...but Master Telar is as far as I know not an Artificer she was never a member of Iteration X nor do she make well artifacts, she is a technomancer but not all technomancers are Artificers." Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not sure who else it might have been referring to, then...possibly, the voice knew of them in a different context. Although I have troubles with time, seeing it through the eyes of spirit where everywhen is now, it aids me in at least formulating how that might be the case."

He shrugged, "I got the shock of realization a little earlier, when I realized Shimmer would likely have been staring at me over the cookpots for years already...

He smiled tiredly. "If it's any solace, she would likely have been more interested in those things she resonated with, rather than you personally. Some spirits are curious or used to seeing us, though. And others...malignant. When there is time and we are able, we should work on a protection for you of some kind."

He nodded, "I'd appreciate that; a fair exchange for teaching you to draw power directly from external Quintessence sources, eh?"

"I can only share some things with you, others I am not allowed to do. I said, it might not make sense. But you have a way of integrating ways of doing things, at least I can find some primers unless you find a different way of doing it."

He frowned. "That reminds me of something..." He glanced at Colin and said, "Do you remember...you were going to have dinner with a particular someone, and then decided to cancel it as we found out troubling information. I'm not sure if we should bring all that up, yet, but it puts it in my mind."

"Let me clarify...both Lady Arden and Master Ir are eager participants of the yearly protest marches against the use of the Gilgul rite. Each ear in November several magi meet at Horizon Chantry wearing all white...each carrying a candle and they walk down to Teomim's grave in silent protest of the rite, some carrying banners with the names of those who have suffered such a fate, the protestors are peaceful but they are not always met with peace...in any case Master Ir and Lady Arden got married right before one such march and they ehm...consummated their marriage right by Mater Teomim's grave thinking that such an act would be a good tribute to the grand alchemist, a union of male and female of their own. Well that consummation bore fruit, three of them, in and off itself a Verbena Master of Life being unusually fertile is nothing strange, nor was it any strange when three heartbeats turned to two in her womb, triplets carry with it risks and one of the babies dying and being absorbed back into the mother's body is nothing unusual...however then came the time for the birth first came a girl, a healthy, normal little girl that Master Ir named Mary Elisabeth, and then came a rebis child, the third baby had not died, two of them had joined before birth into a perfect, natural rebis child, now this caused quite a bit of an uproar, given where the babies had been conceived and Lady Arden naming the child Heylel in honor of the grand alchemist did not make things any better...the strange thing though is that Philippa have dark red hair, and Master Ir is Arabic, Mary Elisabeth have dark brown hair and black eyes like her father, and their later child Taliesin have black hair and black eyes, but the rebis child have hair as fair as the morning sun and eyes as blue as sapphires...Heylel Teomim despite being Italian was fair of hair and eye...so yes I would like to see the child's reaction to you Mr Wainwright and I do not mean to your scars."

Adley looked at her as she discussed Lady Arden and Master Ir's union and turned a shade of pink.

He nodded. "Very well...perhaps we should listen to the message that one of the new prisoners had given us, recently?" he asked, pulling out his phone.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote blocks)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 pm

"Yeah in one of those old forgotten maintenance sheds."
Kyle said and smiled a little.
"She have made it real homelike..."

"Really now? That's neat. Why does she live in a maintenance shed?" Serge asked trying to get more information on this strange person.

The young widderslainte looked a bit doubtful.
"Ok man I can try it, but I am not so sure I can let all my worries simply melt away i have allot of worries!"

"All the more reason to learn how to meditate. It'll give you a break from everything you worry about." Serge said trying to calm the widderslainte's doubts.

"It seams like the Cult of Ecstasy have all the fun."
Kyle commented and grinned.
"But yeah making a Technocrat think he was drunk would be so much fun...I have not been actually drunk either but I have been drugged up pretty good at hospitals so if it is anything like that he would be rather helpless."

"The cult of ecstasy are...interesting." Serge said finding no better way to phrase it.

"I've been drugged up pretty bad myself. I might be able to replicate those effects. But remember the technocrats aren't stupid. They probably have ways around us messing with their minds."

"I could let you try it out on me sometimes it is not like it is dangerous it is just sleep."
Kyle offered.
"As for the ball kick, it is not so hard the legs sort of guide your foot to the right position just aim between them and kick as hard as you can, you should hit something that hurts."

"All right man. Although that seems kinda dirty. Maybe we could ask the martial artist tradition to show us some more refined moves. It be cool to become a magical ninja." Serge said remembering Richard and wondering about his tradition.

"I guess that is why you hide the mage behind the tank in most fantasy games eh?"

"Yup." Serge said with a chuckle. "If the enemy ever got to me I would be shredded like wet tissue paper. Although you get all sorts of mages in the real world. With some of the mages I've met its hard to tell whether they are a mage or a tank." Serge said remembering Siege and his particular fighting style.

"That sounds really cool, and there are so many symbols out there you would have so many options at your fingertips and I bet magick using a tool like that could be pulled of in a flash...you should try that out."
Kyle said excitedly.
"That would be really fun to see."

"I really want to try it out. But I don't think people would like it if I started making everyone feel scared for no reason. How about instead of the batman logo I could use the superman logo and see if I can inspire hope and a feeling of safety." Serge suggested.

"My dad says everything and anything is possible for mages like us, we just need the understanding and power to do it and then anything we can imagine can be done."
The young widderslainte commented.
"I am sure it is possible to pull someone physically into your mental world."

"Everything is possible as long as your creative. Their's probably some mad wizard out there figuring out how to do it now." Serge said with a chuckle.

"But at my level I doubt I could devise anything that powerful. Could be a fun goal to work towards though."

"Yeah...yeah...yeah just like that...I love that movie."
Kyle said and grinned.

"That was an awesome movie wasn't it! And it feels so different when I watch it now since I know that the stuff the guy is doing is possible." Serge said excitedly.

"I have never really tried to read the future, but it would be a cool ability as well and I think I would rather use fire to read in than cards and crystal balls and such."
The kid said and nodded.
"If I ever learn how to do it I mean."

"I mean your already halfway there." Serge said with a shrug.

"You know how to control and manipulate fire. Now you just need to know how to tell the future using it. Maybe Master Morgan knows how to do stuff like that. Maybe you should ask him."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 pm

"You would have been a good recruit for the House before it's distasteful fall to vampirism."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.
"Perhaps your Cabalmate sensed that to even in his Twilight."
Colin nodded, "His Mentor has said the same thing..."

"Well your Avatar could have recognized her old friend in the girl and as such gotten attached to her and yes it might explain her love of marbles I do remember that Du Monte used to wear one around his neck."
Crexia said and nodded.
"And I do hope that you are right...that this time you will save them all."
He nodded, "He was fond of that bauble..."

"I suppose it could, at that. I wonder if that bead is still rattling around somewhere."
He pondered, "You know, that would be one hell of a test of my power, to try to trace its path through the centuries... Might even be a relatively safe way of flexing my temporal muscles, too..."

"I think your Cabalmate meant Dylan's executioner, who's expulsion from the order and later death is a bit of a mystery and smacks of a cover up and not Master Du Monte who died in battle with the Order of Reason...I believed Paradox was his cause of death, very much not corrupted and very much an upstanding member of House Guernicus."
"We know that if Anna is Du Monte's current incarnation then she Fell as a small child corrupted by the Nephandus Gabriel, Du Monte himself and whatever lives might have been between his death and Anna's birth have been pure."
He nodded, "Ah, yes, that would be the real question..."

"Ah yes the shapeshifter shaman, yes he might be a good person to ask indeed he seam very knowledgeable when it comes to gemstones both in their mundane and magickal properties, and he is a friendly enough fellow, I bought a pair of citrines for earrings as a gift for my Swan from him last year."
The archmage said and smiled.
"Interesting fellow he enjoys haggling over his stones and is disappointed if you immediately agree to his price."
He grinned, "So I am told."

"Well as we do not have this resource at the moment how to weaponize it might, considering all the other issues we have to discuss at the moment, be a somewhat mote point."
Crexia said.
"Interesting, most interesting and useful once this recourse becomes available."
Udella said and gave you a thoughtful smile.
"I am sure it can be put to good use in the future."
He nodded, "Once I actually get some on hand, I will know more... to Anna's mild embarrassment."

Udella looked down at her wrists and rubbed them where the hooks had penetrated her skin.
"No a Branding is worse...I have never been Branded Mr Wainwright but I have performed a few...I guess the restraints might be compared to lesser, shallow Branding meant only to last for a year or two, but anything deeper...that gets bad...very bad...but it do feel like the hooks do something with the Avatar but there are no direct damage."
He nodded, "You certainly seemed agonized, though it seemed to pass quickly..."

"I would rather experience pain than anything that might do damage my avatar, Colin."
He nodded, "The serum won't harm your Avatar... it can harm your body and brain with long-term use, but... not your Avatar."

"Yes, well our spirits do have these memories and experiences...something happening in the now does jog them at times, as we've found out."
He nodded, "Very much so - at the very least, they've not been coming along while I've been shot at or the like. That would have been inconvenient."

"Desperation makes for a weak point to negotiate from, you better hope the ladies like you."
Crexia said wryly.
He grinned wryly, "Fortunately, that hasn't been my greatest hindrance, once we get past my lovable looks..."

"Well I guess the basics there have been covered, there is hope that Miss Florentine might recover and be able to share her secrets, though with a method like that which have never been done before as far as we know I will hold off on my enthusiasm until I have seen it work."
Crexia commented and Udella nodded she still looked fascinated though.
He smiled, "We're breaking all sorts of new ground here, it seems."

"I'm not sure where they're leading me, or if they are. I'm testing out ideas to see if there's anything there, like a traveller with a stick walking through a swamp."
He grinned, "I like that simile. It's a good one."

"That's terrifying, a bit like someone trying to play chess with everyone and none of us even know we're on a chessboard."
He grimaced, "And they're not playing by the standard rules, either."

"You seam to think the Well of Souls are something as simple as a place in the Umbra that you can go to and look at, do you really think the home of Avatars are so easily observed or understood Mr Wainwright?"
Crexia asked and smiled a little.
Udella gave a calm, contented smile.
"At least our Avatars will see it when they return to the Cycle once our lives are over old friend...but I do wonder what the Well is...what they are...and what their ultimate goal and purpose is, but such questions might not be for mortal minds to get answers to, yet they do make interesting topics for dreams do they not?"
He smiled thinly, "Perhaps not the Well itself... but it seems plausible enough that there's some sort of access to it there. Whether that access is passable by the living... is an entirely different question."

"I admit 'place' has taken on a different subtext when it comes to the umbra...I doubt that it would be easy to access such a thing...even the supernal realms associated with the upper triad, according to kabblalistic pathworking, are safeguarded against direct interaction for most incarnated beings. From another perspective, imagine following the river all the way back..." he shook his head. "It is an interesting idea - I don't know if it's possible, wise, or even what the Grimoire is about, though. I think that one is going to have to go onto the backburner..." He scratched at his chin.
He nodded, "Long-term notions."

"Well it would not benefit the Nephandi to weaken the Traditions while strengthening the Union, if any one of the parties to our little war where to fall the other two would go in full force on one another and that would be quite unfortunate but yes I do see your point young man and indeed that is a terrifying prospect."
Crexia said and nodded.
"It could be the Nephandi's motivations in this but again it is pure speculation."
He nodded, "Speculation indeed - not much point in further hypothesis without anything more tangible to go on..."

"That someone who have been badly traumatized can stand on their own is not really a good indication that they can mentally handle such information, the girl have been nearly Gilgulled, she is not just going to be as she was in a few months, I can not even begin to imagine what she is going through you will want to be very careful old friend."
Udella said and frowned.
"And yes the battle will be a risk but knowing she originally died in it she can be protected even if she choose to stay and fight."
He nodded, "Of course I will be careful - but I trust her strength, and she seemed more than capable - emotionally and mentally - of handling such in the vision I had from, oh, November... That, of course, doesn't mean I'll just spring the matter on her out of the blue..."

"That is possible...but Master Telar is as far as I know not an Artificer she was never a member of Iteration X nor do she make well artifacts, she is a technomancer but not all technomancers are Artificers."
He nodded, "Of course not all technomancers are Artificers, but when the Heart of Horizon flies, I'm quite certain no-one will dispute her using that title... And the main indication it might be her was the stitching of Avatars..."

"Hm...I suppose both of those could be what happened...I'm just worried about this Moloch horning his way in somehow in what I felt was a private process, sometimes malevolent spirits can sound quite pleasant to fool a person."
He frowned, "I'm not sure it's possible to insert oneself into a Seeking... I really hope it's not possible for anything..."

"A very small amount yes but I do not think you would be allowed to bring any great quantities of corrupted Quintessence into Horizon even if you can legally own it, the stuff would be considered a security risk and if you are bringing any be sure to alert the authorities that you are so you are not throw in a cell suspected of trying to sell the stuff or worse of trying to corrupt one of the Nodes that sustain the realm."
The old Quesitor said and nodded.
He nodded, "A dram or two - explicitly for demonstration work before senior Magi - I could get away with, a sackful, not so much?"

"I can only share some things with you, others I am not allowed to do. I said, it might not make sense. But you have a way of integrating ways of doing things, at least I can find some primers unless you find a different way of doing it."
He grinned, "I don't think you'll be lynched for sharing Order secrets by putting me on the right track toward a Verbena Rote. But I wouldn't dream of asking you to betray secrets."

He frowned. "That reminds me of something..." He glanced at Colin and said, "Do you remember...you were going to have dinner with a particular someone, and then decided to cancel it as we found out troubling information. I'm not sure if we should bring all that up, yet, but it puts it in my mind."
He nodded, "Yes, the Security Chief of Lux Iternis, Master Dupuis has apparently been exposed to Resonance poisoning... did we find out with certainty how that happened, again?"

"True enough."
Crexia said.
"And it is a possibility that Moloch was not the future Teomim...though I am still not convinced of that, the Seer was a brilliant man."
He nodded, "Yet, did you not say the Seer initially did not quite believe Moloch's claims? I would be inclined to trust the man's initial instincts in such a regard - anyone can be deceived by a lie repeated enough..."

"Hum...we should probably have the woman's soul examined then...gently off course."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "Agreed... I might be able to talk her into it."

"Corroborated by those working for Abigail if I where defense in such a case I could easily claim that it was all a set up on part of Abigail trying to frame a pair of powerful, respected Traditionalists...you might get an investigation with that but an arrest or conviction? Doubtfully."
Udella said and frowned again.
He frowned, "Not only Abigail's underlings, actually... Some of Larson's minions might be convinced to speak up as well, and there is that Technocrat Barrabbus we captured, he might be able to divulge something..."

"I have a feeling that seeing him decline...is what drove the twins over the edge."
Crexia muttered.
He nodded, "And seeing the possibility of getting the power to put him back together again... it would be all too tempting..."

He raised both eyebrows, "Ah, that sounds... far more peculiar, yes. I should... really like to meet little Heylel. Doing so unconspicuously, though, might prove a little more awkward."

Udella nodded and gave you a concerned look.
"I am glad you are feeling better Mr Wainwright but yes let us know if you start having a headache."
He nodded, "Stiff upper lip, but yes."

He nodded. "Very well...perhaps we should listen to the message that one of the new prisoners had given us, recently?" he asked, pulling out his phone.
He nodded, "Go on..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Adley:

"To be fair, I saw everyone as a member of the Order that was not a Verbena or similar type of willworker, those I saw as Diedne...though it seemed most natural to me that you were -specifically- of House Tremere. I ascribed to you knowledge of that house and those in it, and treated you that way and also as a friend and trusted person."

"Well it is possible your Twilight simply translated your friend as someone who would still be your friend in that maddened state, that is what such insanity do, translate the world around you into your own private reality...well until it gets to bad and no translation is possible that is."
Crexia said.

"Not the only link," he said, tipping his head at Colin. "And I do think his future glimpse count."

"Hum...you are right not the only link indeed."
The old archmage agreed.

"I could ask Du Monte's magickal descendants, the students of his students they are of my House after all and one of them might know if that bead still exists, Master Du Monte probably wore it during the battle where he died though and he was consumed by Paradox so chances are the marble was consumed with him."
Udella offered.

"I tried those restraints Sodalis, to know how bad they where before they where applied to a prisoner, it seamed only right, while they did hurt and did touch the...Quintessence flow inside of me my Avatar is not damaged in any way."
The old Enforcer commented.

"Well that is better than just accepting a prophecy as is Sodalis, much better."
Crexia said.
"And perhaps your young mind can think of something I can not."

"Yes that concept might be almost as terrifying as the prophesy surrounding Moloch."
Crexia agreed and Udella gave a deep frown.

"I suspect the Well might be beyond the Tree itself...making it even harder to reach."
Crexia said then she waved an hand apologetically.
"Ah forgive me young man I am from a time before Kabbalism where an accepted part of Hermetisism, yes off course we had Mercere the poor fool and his students but it was not a mainstream part so I might be a bit rusty on that particular metaphor, however yes I am afraid none of us can much figure out what the Well of Souls are from here so it is probably best that one go on the backburner for a time when where is time and energy for such metaphysical speculation."

"I understand, believe me. I think I'm at my saturation point, too. It's made me a bit...cranky."

"I know what you mean Sodalis I am nearing my saturation point as well and as an archmage of Mind that is not really supposed to happen."
Crexia joked.

"I understand your concern Sodalis and all I can really advice at this point is to stay vigilant and be on your toes but not to the point of being paralyzed with fear."
The old lich said softly.
"But yes it is a disconcerting possibility."

"I'm not sure who else it might have been referring to, then...possibly, the voice knew of them in a different context. Although I have troubles with time, seeing it through the eyes of spirit where everywhen is now, it aids me in at least formulating how that might be the case."

Crexia nodded but she said nothing more, not really knowing how to advice you in this matter.

Adley looked at her as she discussed Lady Arden and Master Ir's union and turned a shade of pink.

The archmaga showed no shame or embarrassment talking about Lady Arden and Master Ir and how they had come by their children, she spoke as if it was the natural thing in the world to talk about and politely ignored your pinkness over the matter."

Udella nodded and Crexia replied.
"Yes that might be a good idea Sodalis."

Serge:

"Really now? That's neat. Why does she live in a maintenance shed?" Serge asked trying to get more information on this strange person.

"Because she is a ghost...well she was a ghost and then she came back and possessed her old body...sort of, or at least that is how I understand it."
Kyle said and smiled.

"All the more reason to learn how to meditate. It'll give you a break from everything you worry about." Serge said trying to calm the widderslainte's doubts.

"Perhaps the question is if I can actually manage to take a break from it all and meditate."
Kyle protested.
"I am not so sure I can just let this shit go even for a little while."

"The cult of ecstasy are...interesting." Serge said finding no better way to phrase it.

"Yeah...I am starting to think you are right about that...you have a cool Tradition."
The young mage said and smiled.

"I've been drugged up pretty bad myself. I might be able to replicate those effects. But remember the technocrats aren't stupid. They probably have ways around us messing with their minds."

"Yeah they probably do but they can't be prepared for everything so you mess with their mind and make them think they are drunk and I can set them on fire and if none of that works then kick them in the balls and run like your life depend on it...for it dos."
He said and his smile widened to a grin.

"All right man. Although that seems kinda dirty. Maybe we could ask the martial artist tradition to show us some more refined moves. It be cool to become a magical ninja." Serge said remembering Richard and wondering about his tradition.

"Fighting dirty is the way to survive my dad always says."
Kyle said and shrugged.
"Well learning martial arts would be cool I think it require allot of effort and discipline so we might want to do things one at the time. Being a ninja is a lifetime dedication I think and a whole way of life."

"Yup." Serge said with a chuckle. "If the enemy ever got to me I would be shredded like wet tissue paper. Although you get all sorts of mages in the real world. With some of the mages I've met its hard to tell whether they are a mage or a tank." Serge said remembering Siege and his particular fighting style.

"True...well perhaps it is best to avoid having to fight all together...though...I guess trouble always find me at least eventually."
The widderslainte said and sigh.
"So find whoever is biggest, hide behind them and shoot fire out from between their legs...sounds like a plan to me."

"I really want to try it out. But I don't think people would like it if I started making everyone feel scared for no reason. How about instead of the batman logo I could use the superman logo and see if I can inspire hope and a feeling of safety." Serge suggested.

"I am not so sure anyone would like that much either if you did it without permission, so what you need is a sparring partner."
Kyle said.
"I have not caught all the rules here yet but I am pretty sure doing shit with the minds of other Chantry members are a no no even if it is a positive thing."

"Everything is possible as long as your creative. Their's probably some mad wizard out there figuring out how to do it now." Serge said with a chuckle.

"There probably are or figuring out how to clone dragons or something...I mean who knows what all of these guys are doing."

"But at my level I doubt I could devise anything that powerful. Could be a fun goal to work towards though."

Kyle grinned and gave you a thumbs up at that.

"That was an awesome movie wasn't it! And it feels so different when I watch it now since I know that the stuff the guy is doing is possible." Serge said excitedly.

"I always knew it was possible but there are so many possibilities in that movie, I want to be able to do things like that but taking my own advice from earlier I should probably pick a few forms of magick and work on them first instead of spreading myself to thing."
The young mage said regretfully.
"Well everything in due time I suppose, there are so many cool things to try to learn."

"I mean your already halfway there." Serge said with a shrug.

"You know how to control and manipulate fire. Now you just need to know how to tell the future using it. Maybe Master Morgan knows how to do stuff like that. Maybe you should ask him."

"I could try to ask him about that when I see him next, I mean he is really powerful and who knows he might know how to do it and if so perhaps he can teach me."
Kyle said happily.
"That would be fun to learn."

(OOC: Warp Vampire the Masquerade pre alpha and alpha playtests are out, they are documents of about 75, 120 and 20 pages if I do not remember it wrong. Is there any chance you could print those out for me and put them in some sort of folder or binding so they could be flipped through and I am also interested in the same for the home brew supplements Zombie the Coil and that Gargoyle thing. I like to use these things for games and prefer physical books. If this is something you can do how much would that cost.)

(OOC 2: I am going to start working on your post as well but as each of these huge posts take some time to write I am posting this now so I don't loose it to the forum monster.)

(OOC 3: My spell checker want to change it from Kabbalism being an accepted part of Hermetisism to cannibalism being an accepted part of Hermetisism....hum... Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "His Mentor has said the same thing..."

"Ah Master Morgan is an insightful man then."
Crexia said and grinned.

He nodded, "He was fond of that bauble..."

"Yes indeed so it would seam."

He pondered, "You know, that would be one hell of a test of my power, to try to trace its path through the centuries... Might even be a relatively safe way of flexing my temporal muscles, too..."

"You could try...but you might find time harder to trace around a gathering of powerful magi, but do not let that dissuade you from making the attempt though."
Crexia said as she glanced over at Colin.

He nodded, "Ah, yes, that would be the real question..."

The old archmage just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Once I actually get some on hand, I will know more... to Anna's mild embarrassment."

"I will look forward to hearing what you have found out when that time comes Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled, Crexia just nodded again.

He nodded, "You certainly seemed agonized, though it seemed to pass quickly..."

"There is agonized and there is screaming, convulsing and if you excuse the term shitting yourself as you loose control of your bodily functions Mr Wainwright."
The old Enforcer said darkly.

He grinned wryly, "Fortunately, that hasn't been my greatest hindrance, once we get past my lovable looks..."

The archmage nodded.
"No you do seam to have a way with words young man and seam to have the ability to talk a rock into sprouting wings and take flight."

He smiled, "We're breaking all sorts of new ground here, it seems."

"Yes indeed, almost as if the hands of fate is guiding our moves to a nexus point in time and I do not like being guided like a goat to the market Mr Wainwright in fact I rather detest it but at least some good might come of it if the Mercere girl is saved."
Crexia said and frowned.

He smiled thinly, "Perhaps not the Well itself... but it seems plausible enough that there's some sort of access to it there. Whether that access is passable by the living... is an entirely different question."

"Why would Avatars need a passage to and from the Well of Souls that you or me for that matter are capable of understanding as such Mr Wainwright, they do not operate on the same rules that we do."
The old Tytalus asked and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Speculation indeed - not much point in further hypothesis without anything more tangible to go on..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Agreed."

He nodded, "Of course I will be careful - but I trust her strength, and she seemed more than capable - emotionally and mentally - of handling such in the vision I had from, oh, November... That, of course, doesn't mean I'll just spring the matter on her out of the blue..."

"Your vision told you that Miss Alexander would be able to handle the truth of the old Seer's prophecy about Moloch?"
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow again, she seamed to be doing that allot.
"Or do you mean the truth about your vision and her possible death in January?"

He nodded, "Of course not all technomancers are Artificers, but when the Heart of Horizon flies, I'm quite certain no-one will dispute her using that title... And the main indication it might be her was the stitching of Avatars..."

"Possibly...but that ship is more an accomplishment of her ability to heal souls and manipulate then than her ability to create talismans it would be a strange title to use for her...if you had a vision about me, the undead archmage, the Tremere, the Daughter of Rome all of these might apply to refer to me, but even if I do sew it would not likely be the seamstress...Master Telar have made a ship right, but it is though manipulating Avatars she do not usually create talismans she is not archetypically and Artificer."
Crexia protested.

He frowned, "I'm not sure it's possible to insert oneself into a Seeking... I really hope it's not possible for anything..."

"It is possible, it is not easy, but it is possible."
The lich muttered.

He nodded, "A dram or two - explicitly for demonstration work before senior Magi - I could get away with, a sackful, not so much?"

"Precisely old friend, but even with a dram or two I would inform the Security Council in advance that you are bringing that Tass into Horizon so there are no misunderstandings."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, "Yes, the Security Chief of Lux Iternis, Master Dupuis has apparently been exposed to Resonance poisoning... did we find out with certainty how that happened, again?"

Crexia gave you a questioning frown at this statement.
"This is news to me, and it is quite tragic how is it related to the current issue though or issues? After all such poisoning do happen at times unfortunately it is nothing new."

He nodded, "Yet, did you not say the Seer initially did not quite believe Moloch's claims? I would be inclined to trust the man's initial instincts in such a regard - anyone can be deceived by a lie repeated enough..."

"No originally no one came to him, he had a vision of the Betrayal and did not quite believe it, however later he reconsidered and decided to either go to Teomim himself or the Council with his vision to stop the Betrayal. Then Moloch contacted him and convinced the Seer to sit back and let the Betrayal happen since if it had been stopped Teomim might have been jailed but he would not have been killed or worse."
Crexia explained.

He nodded, "Agreed... I might be able to talk her into it."

"Very well then, I will leave that unpleasant task to your capable hands then old friend."
Udella said softly.

He frowned, "Not only Abigail's underlings, actually... Some of Larson's minions might be convinced to speak up as well, and there is that Technocrat Barrabbus we captured, he might be able to divulge something..."

"Still working within the same allied group of Fallen, I am afraid no one will care exactly which Labyrinth which witness belong to they might all be working together to frame two, upstanding Traditionalists the words of a Nephandus means little to those who would not want it to be true...the Technocrat boy though his testimony might be useful, but only so far there is not enough to arrest the D'Angelos without more solid proof."
Udella said and shook her head.

He nodded, "And seeing the possibility of getting the power to put him back together again... it would be all too tempting..."

Crexia nodded.
"Yes that...is actually a disturbingly believable scenario."

He raised both eyebrows, "Ah, that sounds... far more peculiar, yes. I should... really like to meet little Heylel. Doing so unconspicuously, though, might prove a little more awkward."

"I can send you with a message for one of their parents, that should be inconspicuous enough."
The archmage said and smiled innocently.

"I have never understood the British and their fear of showing emotions...we Italians eat like there is no tomorrow, make love like gods, rejoice like drunk men and when the situation require it bawl like babies."
Udella said and smiled good naturally.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 pm

He nodded, "The serum won't harm your Avatar... it can harm your body and brain with long-term use, but... not your Avatar."
[/quote]
I tried those restraints Sodalis, to know how bad they where before they where applied to a prisoner, it seamed only right, while they did hurt and did touch the...Quintessence flow inside of me my Avatar is not damaged in any way."
The old Enforcer commented.
"Not that I particularly want my or anyone's body polluted, but that is a relief to hear."[/quote]

"I hope not either."

"It is possible, it is not easy, but it is possible." The lich muttered.

"Not the news I wanted to hear...but alright. I'll just...have to see where all of this lands, once it settles somewhat right now everything is in upset again." He tapped a hand over his heart.

He grinned, "I don't think you'll be lynched for sharing Order secrets by putting me on the right track toward a Verbena Rote. But I wouldn't dream of asking you to betray secrets."

"No, no...moreover, I don't know how any of it will resonate with you, I think that's the important bit."

"Yes indeed, almost as if the hands of fate is guiding our moves to a nexus point in time and I do not like being guided like a goat to the market Mr Wainwright in fact I rather detest it but at least some good might come of it if the Mercere girl is saved."
Crexia said and frowned.

"Or worse as metaphors go, as lambs, to the slaughter," he made a face. "I think you hit on the head why this upsets me so much," he said with a nod to Crexia.

"I suspect the Well might be beyond the Tree itself...making it even harder to reach." Crexia said then she waved an hand apologetically.
"Ah forgive me young man I am from a time before Kabbalism where an accepted part of Hermetisism, yes off course we had Mercere the poor fool and his students but it was not a mainstream part so I might be a bit rusty on that particular metaphor, however yes I am afraid none of us can much figure out what the Well of Souls are from here so it is probably best that one go on the backburner for a time when where is time and energy for such metaphysical speculation."

He shrugged slightly. "Even beyond it as much as that can be conceived, quite possibly. But I agree with you, it's not somewhere that is normally reached by us, as incarnate beings and probably for a good reason. If you're not ready for a thing, it can blind you or worse." He looked thoughtful, then swept up all the thoughts about that and the prophesey and put them aside where they could simmer away.

"Possibly...but that ship is more an accomplishment of her ability to heal souls and manipulate then than her ability to create talismans it would be a strange title to use for her...if you had a vision about me, the undead archmage, the Tremere, the Daughter of Rome all of these might apply to refer to me, but even if I do sew it would not likely be the seamstress...Master Telar have made a ship right, but it is though manipulating Avatars she do not usually create talismans she is not archetypically and Artificer."
Crexia protested.

He seemed to be going over the event again, to see if he remembered it correctly. Then he shook his head and sighed.

"This is news to me, and it is quite tragic how is it related to the current issue though or issues? After all such poisoning do happen at times unfortunately it is nothing new."

"For sure? Not for /sure/...not quite yet. But ugly pieces to one of the puzzles. It seems his longevity potion was tampered with, and now we find his former student who Fell...another coincidence? There is more to this, but...I hesitate to disclose it. Not that I don't trust you, again but fewer ears that hear might be wise, for now at least."

"I have never understood the British and their fear of showing emotions...we Italians eat like there is no tomorrow, make love like gods, rejoice like drunk men and when the situation require it bawl like babies." Udella said and smiled good naturally.

He seemed about to say something, then his mouth snapped shut like a trap.

He nodded, "Go on..."

Udella nodded and Crexia replied. "Yes that might be a good idea Sodalis."

"Because surely what we need are more things to consider," he said, wryly. "But perhaps it will afford a measure of clarity. I don't want to be barking up the wrong tree..." Then he gave a nod and played the message.

//re: Anja: My spell checker want to change it from Kabbalism being an accepted part of Hermetisism to cannibalism being an accepted part of Hermetisism....hum... LOL! Well, mine is catabolism, which is...better? xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 pm

"Not the news I wanted to hear...but alright. I'll just...have to see where all of this lands, once it settles somewhat right now everything is in upset again." He tapped a hand over his heart.

"Yes I can see how this new information have been upsetting, but I thinking waiting and see if more information to add more puzzle pieces to the pot before trying to fit them together is all any of us can do at this moment."
Crexia said softly.

"Or worse as metaphors go, as lambs, to the slaughter," he made a face. "I think you hit on the head why this upsets me so much," he said with a nod to Crexia.

"Yes well, fate will find I am not so easy to lead."
Crexia grumbled.
"But yes it is upsetting however the best way to deal with a horrid prophecy is to find a way to kick it to the curb."

He shrugged slightly. "Even beyond it as much as that can be conceived, quite possibly. But I agree with you, it's not somewhere that is normally reached by us, as incarnate beings and probably for a good reason. If you're not ready for a thing, it can blind you or worse." He looked thoughtful, then swept up all the thoughts about that and the prophesey and put them aside where they could simmer away.

"Not all mysteries are meant to be solved...that however should not stop us from trying."
Crexia said and smiled.
"However yes my belief is that the Well of Souls is so immense that to gaze upon it...one have to be quite enlightened to do so and not go insane...just my belief off course but there it is."

"For sure? Not for /sure/...not quite yet. But ugly pieces to one of the puzzles. It seems his longevity potion was tampered with, and now we find his former student who Fell...another coincidence? There is more to this, but...I hesitate to disclose it. Not that I don't trust you, again but fewer ears that hear might be wise, for now at least."

"I understand and I certainly do not think it is coincidence, it is one of our prisoners then that are this Fallen apprentice?"
Crexia said and then she sigh.
"I am not going to ask if you are not comfortable sharing that detail just yet, this news do worry me though."
She grumbled.

Udella seamed a bit amused and she gave you a bit of a smile.

"Because surely what we need are more things to consider," he said, wryly. "But perhaps it will afford a measure of clarity. I don't want to be barking up the wrong tree..." Then he gave a nod and played the message.

The conversation between Abigail and Colin sounded though the phone's speakers, what she said about the Italians and Larson's deals with them. Crexia frowned deeper and Udella sigh.
"I had hoped it was not true that two of my own House, Masters non the less could do such a thing..."
She muttered clearly upset.
"The words of a Nephanda is not enough to get the D'Angelos convicted though."

(OOC: Let me know if I should go back to the scene in question in the Caul chamber and copy paste the conversation between Colin and Abigail that was recorded I did not do so since we already have it written up and it is late and I got lazy but I can do so if you guys want me to.)

(OOC 2: Lol well at least that do not eat people. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 pm

"You could try...but you might find time harder to trace around a gathering of powerful magi, but do not let that dissuade you from making the attempt though."
Crexia said as she glanced over at Colin.
Colin nodded, "Harder to trace accurately, perhaps - but going out in a blaze of Paradox... might make pinpointing the time and place easier. Unfortunately, that might be akin to finding a nuclear detonation by looking straight at it..."

"There is agonized and there is screaming, convulsing and if you excuse the term shitting yourself as you loose control of your bodily functions Mr Wainwright."
The old Enforcer said darkly.
He nodded, frowning, "Oh, I know... I remember things no one should..."

"No, no...moreover, I don't know how any of it will resonate with you, I think that's the important bit."
He nodded, "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough."

The archmage nodded.
"No you do seam to have a way with words young man and seam to have the ability to talk a rock into sprouting wings and take flight."
He frowned, "Ah, remembering future Paradox incidents... one day, I will have to contend with a very angry rock... I might talk it into winged flight at some point..."

Crexia said and frowned.
He frowned, "Perhaps not just the Hands of Fate... Future me seems hell-bent on giving Fate a kick in the seat, and is using present me as a linchpin to wrench the timeline onto a better path. And with the power of hindsight..."

"Why would Avatars need a passage to and from the Well of Souls that you or me for that matter are capable of understanding as such Mr Wainwright, they do not operate on the same rules that we do."
The old Tytalus asked and raised an eyebrow.
He smiled thinly, "Well, now, there's the thing - I may have some of Heylel's memories, and one hell of an inheritance, so to speak... but they had substantially deeper insight into pretty much everything magical than I do. Yet. So I ask questions that may seem naïve and foolish to more senior Magi, because I literally do not know better yet."

"Your vision told you that Miss Alexander would be able to handle the truth of the old Seer's prophecy about Moloch?"
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow again, she seamed to be doing that allot.
"Or do you mean the truth about your vision and her possible death in January?"
His eyes widened briefly, "Oh, God no, no, I wouldn't dare lay that on her so soon... No, the vision of the battle after which I'd held her lifeless body. I'm not sure if anyone of us could ever be truly ready for the prophecy about Moloch..."

Crexia protested.
He nodded, "True enough, but as I said, I can't offhand think of anyone better fitting the description."

"It is possible, it is not easy, but it is possible."
The lich muttered.
He grimaced.

"Precisely old friend, but even with a dram or two I would inform the Security Council in advance that you are bringing that Tass into Horizon so there are no misunderstandings."
Udella said and nodded.
He nodded, "Naturally."

He frowned, "It would seem the poisoning was... not accidental."

"No originally no one came to him, he had a vision of the Betrayal and did not quite believe it, however later he reconsidered and decided to either go to Teomim himself or the Council with his vision to stop the Betrayal. Then Moloch contacted him and convinced the Seer to sit back and let the Betrayal happen since if it had been stopped Teomim might have been jailed but he would not have been killed or worse."
Crexia explained.
He frowned, "Ah... Hum, Mia said the Betrayal was necessary, and locked Moloch out of our future timeline, but she didn't know that at the time... It seems a little odd, though..."

Crexia nodded.
"Yes that...is actually a disturbingly believable scenario."
He nodded, "If you eyed a small chance to bring back, say, Tremere the Founder to life, as he was in his prime... what would you be willing to sacrifice for that, I wonder?"

"I can send you with a message for one of their parents, that should be inconspicuous enough."
The archmage said and smiled innocently.
He frowned, "While meeting little Heylel would be interesting, I would be wary of meeting Master Ir... Mia has apparently a habit of looking at Fallen Avatars as something akin to lunch, which spooks the Fallen to some extent. I would not want to spook Master Ir needlessly..."

"I have never understood the British and their fear of showing emotions...we Italians eat like there is no tomorrow, make love like gods, rejoice like drunk men and when the situation require it bawl like babies."
Udella said and smiled good naturally.
He grinned, "Oh, we're not afraid of showing emotions, we just have a deeply ingrained need to keep discomfort from impairing us in the line of duty. I don't suppose I need point out that while the Roman and British Empires both lasted about 500 years, the British Empire was significantly larger?"

He arched an eyebrow at Adley, "Oh, do go on? I'm sure I can take whatever you might wish to dish out."

((OOC: If you can make sure I get the links to them, that'll make things quicker to assess. Also, price would depend a bit on whether or not the boss finds out. Razz ))

((OOC2: Kabbalism and Cannibalism... Two very different kinds of hermetics, I suppose. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:44 am

[quote]Your vision told you that Miss Alexander would be able to handle the truth of the old Seer's prophecy about Moloch?" Crexia said and raised an eyebrow again, she seamed to be doing that allot. "Or do you mean the truth about your vision and her possible death in January?"
His eyes widened briefly, "Oh, God no, no, I wouldn't dare lay that on her so soon... No, the vision of the battle after which I'd held her lifeless body. I'm not sure if anyone of us could ever be truly ready for the prophecy about Moloch..."

"True, that...not that that vision is particularly welcoming either," he said with a sad look.

"There was some motive, to make such a move..."

Crexia nodded. "Yes that...is actually a disturbingly believable scenario."
He nodded, "If you eyed a small chance to bring back, say, Tremere the Founder to life, as he was in his prime... what would you be willing to sacrifice for that, I wonder?"

He frowned, thinking of the caul. "Yes, such choices aren't easy..." He sighed.

He arched an eyebrow at Adley, "Oh, do go on? I'm sure I can take whatever you might wish to dish out."

"It's nothing important, I'm not dishing up anything," he said, putting up his hands. "Honestly, I admire your composure."

The conversation between Abigail and Colin sounded though the phone's speakers, what she said about the Italians and Larson's deals with them. Crexia frowned deeper and Udella sigh. "I had hoped it was not true that two of my own House, Masters non the less could do such a thing..." She muttered clearly upset. "The words of a Nephanda is not enough to get the D'Angelos convicted though."

"Well, we will continue to assess what's going on, for now." He frowned. "Here, let me play this other message that the Chief gave us...?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:56 am

"Because she is a ghost...well she was a ghost and then she came back and possessed her old body...sort of, or at least that is how I understand it."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Neat! Are ghosts allowed to possess their own bodies? Why don't more ghosts do it then. Also how did you end up meeting a ghost?" Serge asked pretending as if what he had just heard was completely normal.

"Perhaps the question is if I can actually manage to take a break from it all and meditate."
Kyle protested.
"I am not so sure I can just let this shit go even for a little while."

Serge shrugged. "You'll never know until you try."

"Yeah they probably do but they can't be prepared for everything so you mess with their mind and make them think they are drunk and I can set them on fire and if none of that works then kick them in the balls and run like your life depend on it...for it dos."
He said and his smile widened to a grin.

"We'd make for a cool team wouldn't we." Serge said with a smile. "Battling the forces of evil and then coming back tot he chantry to read some books. I wonder what our team name would be?"

"True...well perhaps it is best to avoid having to fight all together...though...I guess trouble always find me at least eventually."
The widderslainte said and sigh.
"So find whoever is biggest, hide behind them and shoot fire out from between their legs...sounds like a plan to me."

"Sounds like a plan." Serge said simply.

"I am not so sure anyone would like that much either if you did it without permission, so what you need is a sparring partner."
Kyle said.
"I have not caught all the rules here yet but I am pretty sure doing shit with the minds of other Chantry members are a no no even if it is a positive thing."

"Good point. That is probably one of the rules. Still wouldn't hurt to wear a badge with a happy face emoji and walk downtown and see how many people smile. Don't even need magick, just see how many people smile in response to the silly badge. I always liked how symbols can influence your mood." Serge said with a grin.

"There probably are or figuring out how to clone dragons or something...I mean who knows what all of these guys are doing."

"Something crazy like that I bet. But why clone a dragon when you can create a whole new type of beast. A hybrid between an shark and an eagle. Predator of the skies and the sea. We'll call....SHeagle!" Serge said humorously.

"I always knew it was possible but there are so many possibilities in that movie, I want to be able to do things like that but taking my own advice from earlier I should probably pick a few forms of magick and work on them first instead of spreading myself to thing."
The young mage said regretfully.
"Well everything in due time I suppose, there are so many cool things to try to learn."
"I could try to ask him about that when I see him next, I mean he is really powerful and who knows he might know how to do it and if so perhaps he can teach me."
Kyle said happily.
"That would be fun to learn."

"You'll probably learn a bunch of cool stuff from Master Morgan. Although he doesn't look like the easiest teacher..." Serge said remembering the stern look that the old hermetic gave him.

"Granted you seem to be a pretty good student so I think you'll be fine."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:43 am

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, "Harder to trace accurately, perhaps - but going out in a blaze of Paradox... might make pinpointing the time and place easier. Unfortunately, that might be akin to finding a nuclear detonation by looking straight at it..."

"Yes that might indeed make such a working harder, magick would be naturally harder to cast around the remains of such an event than other places."
Crexia said and frowned.

He nodded, frowning, "Oh, I know... I remember things no one should..."

"Well it is not as bad as...that..."
Udella said and paled.
"However the way I understand it your Cabalmate gave a small sliver of Ephemera from his Avatar to Miss Alexander to help heal her, if you saw that happening...imagine that would most likely be like taking a small scraping of skin for a tissue sample, then you compare that to getting a cattle brand brought down onto your skin to get an impression of what Branding feels like it is painful, violating and traumatic and we use that punishment far to often."
She said and shook her head angrily.

He frowned, "Ah, remembering future Paradox incidents... one day, I will have to contend with a very angry rock... I might talk it into winged flight at some point..."

"Well that might make for an interesting story to tell the kids..."
Crexia said and grinned.

He frowned, "Perhaps not just the Hands of Fate... Future me seems hell-bent on giving Fate a kick in the seat, and is using present me as a linchpin to wrench the timeline onto a better path. And with the power of hindsight..."

Crexia just gave you a bit of a knowing look at that and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "Well, now, there's the thing - I may have some of Heylel's memories, and one hell of an inheritance, so to speak... but they had substantially deeper insight into pretty much everything magical than I do. Yet. So I ask questions that may seem naïve and foolish to more senior Magi, because I literally do not know better yet."

"Your questions are not naive and foolish Mr Wainwright, the Well of Souls might have a giant arched gate for all I know. I am just saying that this place if indeed it is a place is so far beyond our ken, that speculation on it's nature, even if a fun and interesting endeavor bear little relevance for the topics at hand, we just do not know the answer, can not know the answer and the only way to know is to develop to the point where we might one day understand."
Crexia said sagely.
"Right now focusing on the matters at hand might be more prudent."

"Ah yes well good, then we are in perfect agreement."

He nodded, "True enough, but as I said, I can't offhand think of anyone better fitting the description."

"Fair enough."
Crexia said and nodded.

"That is indeed disturbing but who would want to do that to the old warrior. I know him though not well, why single him out as a target?"
The archmage asked.

He frowned, "Ah... Hum, Mia said the Betrayal was necessary, and locked Moloch out of our future timeline, but she didn't know that at the time... It seems a little odd, though..."

"Well assuming Teomim became Moloch it makes perfect sense, if they where merely imprisoned their power and influence could continue to grow, with the Betrayal the Traditions would be forced to execute the grand alchemist stopping him from ever becoming the living god."

"Quite a bit if nothing else for to be able to slap the man silly for his foolishness however I would not betray the Traditions to the Nephandi for it."
She said in a serious tone of voice.

He frowned, "While meeting little Heylel would be interesting, I would be wary of meeting Master Ir... Mia has apparently a habit of looking at Fallen Avatars as something akin to lunch, which spooks the Fallen to some extent. I would not want to spook Master Ir needlessly..."

"I would be less concerned about spooking Master Ir himself than spooking his grumpy old Primordial Avatar who have been attempted Gilgulled and are rather aggressive and not always renaming as passive int he physical world as others of it's kind, but yes you do have a fair point there, meeting the man out of the blue would be a problem...I am going to have to think of some way for you to meet that child without running into their father."
Crexia said and frowned again.

He grinned, "Oh, we're not afraid of showing emotions, we just have a deeply ingrained need to keep discomfort from impairing us in the line of duty. I don't suppose I need point out that while the Roman and British Empires both lasted about 500 years, the British Empire was significantly larger?"

"True enough but we did have far more fun."
Udella said and she sounded amused.

"I see, and that motive would be to make the man's Chantry more vulnerable then perhaps since you said he is the security chief there?"
Crexia asked.

"Well, we will continue to assess what's going on, for now." He frowned. "Here, let me play this other message that the Chief gave us...?"

Crexia nodded and once you pressed play you heard Flavio's voice.
"Ok...I do not really know much, knowing was never my job. I know Lisa Larson have two contacts int he Traditions, powerful old magi I get these nagging suspicion they are Enforcers, what she give them to keep them loyal I don't know. In addition she have this Verbena doctor in Brazil, again I know no names only that this person is on Larson's payroll, yeah and I know of at least one Technocrat belonging to some place called The Gray Collective or something, but I am pretty sure Larson have more agents than that, she is smart she like to cast her web as far as she can. As for the Caul itself it is a ship, a downed ship though I hear Larson have some problem controlling it as the Handler, the one ehm...piloting the polyp is not playing ball...I do not really know much about the Labyrinth beyond that the one time I visited we went in through this old car repair shop in the suburbs of Boston but I can't for the life of me remember the name, there was some impressive guardian spirits though...I wish I had more to offer but I don't Larson have kept it all on a rather need to know basis and I do not need to know...ah yes one thing...she have some Massassa working for her, infernalist Massassa...just thought you wanted to know about that to stay clear of them...yeah that is all I think."
The recording ended at this point.

Serge:

"Neat! Are ghosts allowed to possess their own bodies? Why don't more ghosts do it then. Also how did you end up meeting a ghost?" Serge asked pretending as if what he had just heard was completely normal.

"No Gabrielle says it is not allowed at all and that the other ghosts would punish her if she found out what she have done so now she can't go back to being a regular ghost for then the others would get her."
Kyle said and he sounded quite concerned.
"I was just hanging around one day when I saw a girl my age and I decided to go and talk to her, and she was really cool and yeah...that is how we met, no big deal."
He said and blushed.

Serge shrugged. "You'll never know until you try."

"Well I have nothing to loose in trying I guess."
Kyle muttered though he still sounded skeptical.

"We'd make for a cool team wouldn't we." Serge said with a smile. "Battling the forces of evil and then coming back tot he chantry to read some books. I wonder what our team name would be?"

"We would make a good team but I think seeking out the forces of evil should probably wait until we have a bit more grasp of what we are doing so we don't you know return to the Chantry in body bags for that would suck."
Kyle said and grinned.
"And then a team name can probably wait as well but one day that would be really cool...one day."

"Sounds like a plan." Serge said simply.

The young widderslainte grinned at that.

"Good point. That is probably one of the rules. Still wouldn't hurt to wear a badge with a happy face emoji and walk downtown and see how many people smile. Don't even need magick, just see how many people smile in response to the silly badge. I always liked how symbols can influence your mood." Serge said with a grin.

"Well that you can always try, and like I said I can be your sparring partner for the more magickal side of symbols if you want to, once I get out of here."
Kyle said and nodded.
"As for your badge the question is how many would see it, most are to busy with their phones to notice their surroundings at all much less a small badge someone is wearing."

"Something crazy like that I bet. But why clone a dragon when you can create a whole new type of beast. A hybrid between an shark and an eagle. Predator of the skies and the sea. We'll call....SHeagle!" Serge said humorously.

"Yeah why not, if we can solve how the thing should breathe that sounds good, we can make his favorite food be Technocrats, they taste good for they are crunchy."
Kyle said and grinned.

"You'll probably learn a bunch of cool stuff from Master Morgan. Although he doesn't look like the easiest teacher..." Serge said remembering the stern look that the old hermetic gave him.

"I think he seams rather nice, sure he is of the old shool but he is not as stern as my dad, you do not fuck with my father...well the Nephandi sort of did but they do not play fair and they are assholes, but anyway my point is that Master Morgan seams like a good guy."
The young mage said and smiled.

"Granted you seem to be a pretty good student so I think you'll be fine."

"Thank you..."
Kyle said and smiled.

There was a knock on the door and Richard poked his head in again.
"Ehm Mr Yager was it? I was just up to give my report to Master Morgan about young Kyle here and he asked me to find you before I go to see to my other patients, apparently had wants to see you."
He said and smiled a little to you and Kyle.

(OOC: The links are a bit all over the place and you need accounts several places to download them but I can send you the files if you like?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:07 am

"No Gabrielle says it is not allowed at all and that the other ghosts would punish her if she found out what she have done so now she can't go back to being a regular ghost for then the others would get her."
Kyle said and he sounded quite concerned.
"I was just hanging around one day when I saw a girl my age and I decided to go and talk to her, and she was really cool and yeah...that is how we met, no big deal."
He said and blushed.

"The....other ghosts?" Serge said softly to himself.

"Anyways what did you guys talk about? Anything cool?" Serge asked the young widderslainte.

"As for your badge the question is how many would see it, most are to busy with their phones to notice their surroundings at all much less a small badge someone is wearing."

"Yeah, but I can't really blame them. Their phones hold an entirely new world of possibilities. The ability to connect with people all over the globe. That's why I've been trying to learn how to draw digitally. You know, like, art on the computer. It'd make it easier to share my art with the world. Serge said with a sigh.

"Yeah why not, if we can solve how the thing should breathe that sounds good, we can make his favorite food be Technocrats, they taste good for they are crunchy."
Kyle said and grinned.

"It's pretty obvious how it breathes. It's amphibious so it'll have both gills and lungs that it can switch between. And Technocrats would be really crunchy wouldn't they. With all their techno gadgets." Serge said with a small chuckle.

"Thank you..."
Kyle said and smiled.

"No problem man." Serge said returning the smile.

There was a knock on the door and Richard poked his head in again.
"Ehm Mr Yager was it? I was just up to give my report to Master Morgan about young Kyle here and he asked me to find you before I go to see to my other patients, apparently had wants to see you."
He said and smiled a little to you and Kyle.

Serge turned his heads towards Richard and said "Oh really? Sure thing."

Standing up, Serge looked back at Kyle and said, "It's been really nice talking to you. Looks like we have a full day planned for tomorrow. I look forward to it."

After the farewell Serge exits the room and begins to head back towards Master Morgan's room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:52 am

"Yes that might indeed make such a working harder, magick would be naturally harder to cast around the remains of such an event than other places."
Crexia said and frowned.
Colin shrugged, "However, it might be viable to look at the fairly immediate aftermath, to see if there might be any trace of the marble left. Nevertheless, making a new one might be a lot easier..."

"Well it is not as bad as...that..."
Udella said and paled.
"However the way I understand it your Cabalmate gave a small sliver of Ephemera from his Avatar to Miss Alexander to help heal her, if you saw that happening...imagine that would most likely be like taking a small scraping of skin for a tissue sample, then you compare that to getting a cattle brand brought down onto your skin to get an impression of what Branding feels like it is painful, violating and traumatic and we use that punishment far to often."
She said and shook her head angrily.
He nodded thoughtfully, "The difference between getting scratched by a kitten, and being kicked off a speeding motorcycle..."

"Well that might make for an interesting story to tell the kids..."
Crexia said and grinned.
He chuckled, "Some times, perhaps, the Scourge has a preference for comedic cruelty over tragic cruelty..."

"Your questions are not naive and foolish Mr Wainwright, the Well of Souls might have a giant arched gate for all I know. I am just saying that this place if indeed it is a place is so far beyond our ken, that speculation on it's nature, even if a fun and interesting endeavor bear little relevance for the topics at hand, we just do not know the answer, can not know the answer and the only way to know is to develop to the point where we might one day understand."
Crexia said sagely.
"Right now focusing on the matters at hand might be more prudent."
He nodded, "We might have a few moments to spare in this bubble, but yes, best not get too far off the relevant issues."

"Ah yes well good, then we are in perfect agreement."
"True, that...not that that vision is particularly welcoming either," he said with a sad look.
He nodded, "Telling the dear girl that I know there's an attack coming where she is likely to die, and what will be her fate if she does... It's not pleasant, but I have to give her the informed choice when she is well enough to think clearly. And that will be sooner than most might expect."

"Well assuming Teomim became Moloch it makes perfect sense, if they where merely imprisoned their power and influence could continue to grow, with the Betrayal the Traditions would be forced to execute the grand alchemist stopping him from ever becoming the living god."
He nodded, "Hum, I suppose it is possible that without the Great Betrayal, the Order of Reason could have ended up devouring rather than destroying the fragile Traditions, bringing us all into their stagnant Paradigm - and if Teomim proceeded to some manner of Godhood under those circumstances, Moloch does seem a more plausible outcome. It would likely require a lot of, er, brainwashing, though..."

He frowned, thinking of the caul. "Yes, such choices aren't easy..." He sighed.
"Quite a bit if nothing else for to be able to slap the man silly for his foolishness however I would not betray the Traditions to the Nephandi for it."
She said in a serious tone of voice.
He pondered, "I've thought Teomim made the wrongest choice in the similar position - but with that secret prophecy in mind, perhaps it really did turn out for the better? Still, doing what ends up being the right thing for the wrong reasons still... leaves behind a taint..."

"It's nothing important, I'm not dishing up anything," he said, putting up his hands. "Honestly, I admire your composure."
He grinned, then frowned and looked a little distant, "Well, I try... Though, hum... I suppose I had a small lapse of composure at the Post Office. The chap who met us with a hail of bullets at the bottom of the stairs..."

"I would be less concerned about spooking Master Ir himself than spooking his grumpy old Primordial Avatar who have been attempted Gilgulled and are rather aggressive and not always renaming as passive int he physical world as others of it's kind, but yes you do have a fair point there, meeting the man out of the blue would be a problem...I am going to have to think of some way for you to meet that child without running into their father."
Crexia said and frowned again.
He nodded, "Or at least giving Master Ir fair warning, so he might calm his Avatar down. In fact, arranging such a meeting precisely to avoid a less unfortunate surprise encounter might be a good idea."

"True enough but we did have far more fun."
Udella said and she sounded amused.
He grinned, "Oh, you might have had your fun back in the day, but I see your fun and raise our Monty Python. Though we may admittedly have had a technological advantage in spreading our culture far, wide and quickly..."

"I see, and that motive would be to make the man's Chantry more vulnerable then perhaps since you said he is the security chief there?"
Crexia asked.
He frowned, "Vittoria D'Angelo resides at that Chantry... Perhaps it would have been less about rendering the Chantry more vulnerable, and more about making sure he would not be... fit for duty. If someone were to accuse you of conspiring with the Fallen, I imagine it would be far easier to fend off those accusations by pointing out that the accuser appears to be diving headfirst into a Jhor Quiet..."

Crexia nodded and once you pressed play you heard Flavio's voice.
"Ok...I do not really know much, knowing was never my job. I know Lisa Larson have two contacts int he Traditions, powerful old magi I get these nagging suspicion they are Enforcers, what she give them to keep them loyal I don't know. In addition she have this Verbena doctor in Brazil, again I know no names only that this person is on Larson's payroll, yeah and I know of at least one Technocrat belonging to some place called The Gray Collective or something, but I am pretty sure Larson have more agents than that, she is smart she like to cast her web as far as she can. As for the Caul itself it is a ship, a downed ship though I hear Larson have some problem controlling it as the Handler, the one ehm...piloting the polyp is not playing ball...I do not really know much about the Labyrinth beyond that the one time I visited we went in through this old car repair shop in the suburbs of Boston but I can't for the life of me remember the name, there was some impressive guardian spirits though...I wish I had more to offer but I don't Larson have kept it all on a rather need to know basis and I do not need to know...ah yes one thing...she have some Massassa working for her, infernalist Massassa...just thought you wanted to know about that to stay clear of them...yeah that is all I think."
The recording ended at this point.
He frowned, "Son of a... Well, that Verbena doctor in Brazil would explain why Abigail came for the package... and knowing there's no love lost between Larson and her Labyrinth's Handler, that will help when I, ah, try to negotiate with said Handler. Infernalist Massassa, though... that does not sound good."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:41 am

Serge:

"The....other ghosts?" Serge said softly to himself.

"Anyways what did you guys talk about? Anything cool?" Serge asked the young widderslainte.

"All sort of thing, computer games, her situation, my situation, her cat many things."
The young mage said and smiled softly.
"Normal conversation."

"Yeah, but I can't really blame them. Their phones hold an entirely new world of possibilities. The ability to connect with people all over the globe. That's why I've been trying to learn how to draw digitally. You know, like, art on the computer. It'd make it easier to share my art with the world. Serge said with a sigh.

"Well you can always just scan what you draw."
Kyle said.
"Phones can be fun but when one loose track of the world that are happening around, if one loose track of ones life for a small screen then it might have gotten a bit to far."

"It's pretty obvious how it breathes. It's amphibious so it'll have both gills and lungs that it can switch between. And Technocrats would be really crunchy wouldn't they. With all their techno gadgets." Serge said with a small chuckle.

"You have a good point there, ok both gills and lungs then and yes with all their gadgets and even cybernetics I hear Technocrats would be really crunchy and somewhat hard to chew so the flying shark thing would have to have really strong jaws and teeth."
Kyle announced and grinned.

Serge turned his heads towards Richard and said "Oh really? Sure thing."

"Thank you Mr Yager, good day to you both."
Richard said before he left again.

Standing up, Serge looked back at Kyle and said, "It's been really nice talking to you. Looks like we have a full day planned for tomorrow. I look forward to it."

"Yeah me to it will be so much fun."
The young mage said and nodded.
"Thank you for dropping by it have been great meeting you Serge."
He said and he looked to be in allot better moon as he picked his book back up than he had been when you came.

After the farewell Serge exits the room and begins to head back towards Master Morgan's room.

You get back to Master Morgan's office and when you knock on the door you hear the old Flambeau gruff voice tell you to come right in. With him in the small office was a handsome man with short dark hair, a fine featured dark skinned face and bright intelligent eyes, the man looked to be in his early thirties and wore a caste mark on his brow and a long colorful tunic over plain pants, he was holding a tablet before Jeffry and the Flambeau looked at the device with obvious skepticism.
"Ah Mr Yager sorry to disturb you, but something have come up...I understand it that you are an artist and use said art in your magick? If so how are you at interpreting a drawing?"
Jeffry said then he nodded towards the other man.
"Oh and this is Master Narim Sharaya bani Virtual Adepts, he is another of Steelhaven's Deacons."
He said and the technomancer smiles and offered you his hand in greeting balancing the tablet with the other.
"Hi nice to meet you Mr Yager I know your Mentor quite well."
He said politely.

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "However, it might be viable to look at the fairly immediate aftermath, to see if there might be any trace of the marble left. Nevertheless, making a new one might be a lot easier..."

"Getting or making a new dark, slightly blue tinted obsidian sphere is probably easier but yes looking at the aftermath of the battle might make it easier to find Du Monte's marble and find out what happened to it but it would have been gone allot back and forth through history if it survived the battle itself when it's owner died."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded thoughtfully, "The difference between getting scratched by a kitten, and being kicked off a speeding motorcycle..."

"Exactly so, though granted with Branding it do depend how deep it go how badly the pain is, and shallow temporary marks are more common than permanent ones thankfully."
Udella said and frowned.

He chuckled, "Some times, perhaps, the Scourge has a preference for comedic cruelty over tragic cruelty..."

"Yes indeed so it would seam..."

He nodded, "We might have a few moments to spare in this bubble, but yes, best not get too far off the relevant issues."

"Well perhaps for after the three of you have gotten some sleep, before you rest though some focus might be required."

He nodded, "Telling the dear girl that I know there's an attack coming where she is likely to die, and what will be her fate if she does... It's not pleasant, but I have to give her the informed choice when she is well enough to think clearly. And that will be sooner than most might expect."

Udella nodded but she still frowned and Crexia said.
"Hum...well at least we can try to make sure your Cabalmate is protected during the battle so her chances of survival is greater now."
She said then she added.
"And I am glad the young woman seam to be recovering poor girl."

He nodded, "Hum, I suppose it is possible that without the Great Betrayal, the Order of Reason could have ended up devouring rather than destroying the fragile Traditions, bringing us all into their stagnant Paradigm - and if Teomim proceeded to some manner of Godhood under those circumstances, Moloch does seem a more plausible outcome. It would likely require a lot of, er, brainwashing, though..."

"That could be how it happened...I do not think Teomim would be that easy to brainwash though but I guess no one is immune."
Crexia said and smiled a little.
"The prophecy do not presesise how Teomim become Moloch it only says they grew in power and influence until they became like a good."

He pondered, "I've thought Teomim made the wrongest choice in the similar position - but with that secret prophecy in mind, perhaps it really did turn out for the better? Still, doing what ends up being the right thing for the wrong reasons still... leaves behind a taint..."

"Teomim as far as we know did not know that prophecy so in his mind he sacrificed his Cabal and himself for Traditionalist unity, a noble goal but done in a horribly wrong way, if doing that averted a greater tragedy it is still wrong, that the treatment of Jews after world war 2 ended up being better and their lot improved faster than it would have without such injustice still makes Hitler wrong."
Crexia said and frowned.

He nodded, "Or at least giving Master Ir fair warning, so he might calm his Avatar down. In fact, arranging such a meeting precisely to avoid a less unfortunate surprise encounter might be a good idea."

"That is not a bad idea Mr Wainwright...so we arrange the meeting just so there will be no incident if you accidentally run into one another, hum...yes that can work I will take care of once we are out of the time bubble."
Crexia said and smiled.

He grinned, "Oh, you might have had your fun back in the day, but I see your fun and raise our Monty Python. Though we may admittedly have had a technological advantage in spreading our culture far, wide and quickly..."

"I am not so sure I have seen this snake you refer to but I am sure it is hilarious, even so, we have passion and nothing can compare with our cosine."
Udella said and grinned.

He frowned, "Vittoria D'Angelo resides at that Chantry... Perhaps it would have been less about rendering the Chantry more vulnerable, and more about making sure he would not be... fit for duty. If someone were to accuse you of conspiring with the Fallen, I imagine it would be far easier to fend off those accusations by pointing out that the accuser appears to be diving headfirst into a Jhor Quiet..."

"That is...a disturbingly plausible and logical reason to do such a thing."
Crexia said and she frowned.
"It seams we need to find a way to take these twins down before the defile everything my House stands for."
Udella said angrily.
"They can not be allowed to continue with what they are doing."

He frowned, "Son of a... Well, that Verbena doctor in Brazil would explain why Abigail came for the package... and knowing there's no love lost between Larson and her Labyrinth's Handler, that will help when I, ah, try to negotiate with said Handler. Infernalist Massassa, though... that does not sound good."

"It could...hum we might need to talk with some of the members of that particular research Chantry."
Crexia said and sigh.
"I will contact them and ask for a meeting I am sure I can find some perfectly innocent excuse to do so. You are negotiating with the Handler of Lisa Larson's Labyrinth...that sounds rather risky."
Udella commented then Crexia spoke again.
"Infernalist Massassa that sounds like something where you want to make like a Flambeau and set on fire."
The lich said darkly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:23 am

"Getting or making a new dark, slightly blue tinted obsidian sphere is probably easier but yes looking at the aftermath of the battle might make it easier to find Du Monte's marble and find out what happened to it but it would have been gone allot back and forth through history if it survived the battle itself when it's owner died."
Crexia said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Finding the aftermath of the battle would probably be the easier part - look for the, er, wound in reality, as it were. Tracking the marble, assuming it survived, afterwards, now that would be the interesting challenge. I'm probably going to need a quite impressive ritual for such a working, though; not something I could pull off on the fly..."

"Well perhaps for after the three of you have gotten some sleep, before you rest though some focus might be required."
He shrugged, "I find that a slight derailing often helps prod my mind in new directions - to point out new possibilities on the important issues. But running off on an extended tangent is counterproductive, yes."

Udella nodded but she still frowned and Crexia said.
"Hum...well at least we can try to make sure your Cabalmate is protected during the battle so her chances of survival is greater now."
She said then she added.
"And I am glad the young woman seam to be recovering poor girl."
He nodded, "Once we get back, we're going to try to coax Mia into handing over two shards she collected from Beatrice during... well, Mia holds them close; not absorbing them, just keeping them safe. I think she recognized her child's soul..."

"That could be how it happened...I do not think Teomim would be that easy to brainwash though but I guess no one is immune."
"The prophecy do not presesise how Teomim become Moloch it only says they grew in power and influence until they became like a good."
He nodded, "Anyone can be conditioned, given enough time and meticulous manipulation."

"Teomim as far as we know did not know that prophecy so in his mind he sacrificed his Cabal and himself for Traditionalist unity, a noble goal but done in a horribly wrong way, if doing that averted a greater tragedy it is still wrong, that the treatment of Jews after world war 2 ended up being better and their lot improved faster than it would have without such injustice still makes Hitler wrong."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "Precisely. We saved the Traditions, but the foundation we laid was... perhaps not the one best suited for lasting unification."

"That is not a bad idea Mr Wainwright...so we arrange the meeting just so there will be no incident if you accidentally run into one another, hum...yes that can work I will take care of once we are out of the time bubble."
Crexia said and smiled.
He nodded, "Very well, then. A few errands and a quick meeting before returning to Boston to finish the fight..."

"I am not so sure I have seen this snake you refer to but I am sure it is hilarious, even so, we have passion and nothing can compare with our cosine."
Udella said and grinned.
He grinned, "They, actually - Monty Python was a brilliant absurdist comedy troupe. Alas, the surviving members are dwindling, and one, I believe, has some degenerative mental ailment, so their glory days are long since past, I'm afraid. As for the cuisine, I believe the only proper response to that is 'them's fightin' words.' I'm afraid I'm going to have to challenge you to a duel now; a proper cook-off. I'm sure we can come to terms on time and place at a later date."

"That is...a disturbingly plausible and logical reason to do such a thing."
Crexia said and she frowned.
"It seams we need to find a way to take these twins down before the defile everything my House stands for."
Udella said angrily.
"They can not be allowed to continue with what they are doing."
He nodded, "They might strive to become a new Teomim, but at this rate, they'll only accomplish that in the worst aspects... And we can't let that happen, for their sake or ours..."

"It could...hum we might need to talk with some of the members of that particular research Chantry."
Crexia said and sigh.
"I will contact them and ask for a meeting I am sure I can find some perfectly innocent excuse to do so. You are negotiating with the Handler of Lisa Larson's Labyrinth...that sounds rather risky."
Udella commented then Crexia spoke again.
"Infernalist Massassa that sounds like something where you want to make like a Flambeau and set on fire."
The lich said darkly.
He nodded, "Negotiating with the Handler does sound risky, however, I do have an ace up my sleeve, as it were. Observe the plans within plans within plans..."
He grimaced, "Infernalist Massassa does indeed seem to call for the liberal use of flamethrowers and fireballs... Hum, I wonder, would it be possible to use my little Rote to draw power from said vampires' blood directly to fuel a fireball?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Colin nodded, "Finding the aftermath of the battle would probably be the easier part - look for the, er, wound in reality, as it were. Tracking the marble, assuming it survived, afterwards, now that would be the interesting challenge. I'm probably going to need a quite impressive ritual for such a working, though; not something I could pull off on the fly..."

"Indeed finding a scar in reality left by that much Paradox is possible but to read the fate of a small bauble across time, well it is possible but it could be a most impressive feat young man."
"But yes if you are going to attempt something like that a planned out ritual is probably the best way to go."
She said and nodded.

He shrugged, "I find that a slight derailing often helps prod my mind in new directions - to point out new possibilities on the important issues. But running off on an extended tangent is counterproductive, yes."

"There might be something in that Mr Wainwright I find that focusing on one issue at the time are the most effective but it might be different for you young man."
The old lich said.

He nodded, "Once we get back, we're going to try to coax Mia into handing over two shards she collected from Beatrice during... well, Mia holds them close; not absorbing them, just keeping them safe. I think she recognized her child's soul..."

"So you are thinking that perhaps these shard might help Miss Alexander's soul heal faster then, that might work hum..."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Well I hope the girl will get well soon. Placing those shard back into place will not be an easy task though."

He nodded, "Anyone can be conditioned, given enough time and meticulous manipulation."

"Very true that given enough time anyone eventually breaks."
The old Tytalus said and sigh as she remembered well how many she had tortured and broken during the war with Diedne.

He nodded, "Very well, then. A few errands and a quick meeting before returning to Boston to finish the fight..."

"Sounds like a good plan."
Crexia said and nodded.

He grinned, "They, actually - Monty Python was a brilliant absurdist comedy troupe. Alas, the surviving members are dwindling, and one, I believe, has some degenerative mental ailment, so their glory days are long since past, I'm afraid.

"I see, I have not heard about this troupe but I am sure they where very talented if they have earned your admiration old friend."
Udella said and smiled.
"And we all get old and worn eventually."

As for the cuisine, I believe the only proper response to that is 'them's fightin' words.' I'm afraid I'm going to have to challenge you to a duel now; a proper cook-off. I'm sure we can come to terms on time and place at a later date."

"Ah now that will be a most enjoyable battle, for us and for whoever get to eat the battlefield."
Udella said and gave a heathy laugh.
"Very well good Sir I accept your challenge."
She said good naturedly.
"When time and place allows."

He nodded, "They might strive to become a new Teomim, but at this rate, they'll only accomplish that in the worst aspects... And we can't let that happen, for their sake or ours..."

"Yes we can not allow that to come to pass, we have to stop them, if this theory of yours are true then what the twins are planning is a horror so let us hope you are wrong, and if not we need to intervene before things get worse."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded, "Negotiating with the Handler does sound risky, however, I do have an ace up my sleeve, as it were. Observe the plans within plans within plans..."

Crexia glanced at you and raised an eyebrow.

He grimaced, "Infernalist Massassa does indeed seem to call for the liberal use of flamethrowers and fireballs... Hum, I wonder, would it be possible to use my little Rote to draw power from said vampires' blood directly to fuel a fireball?"

"Not before you learn more I am afraid affecting the Quintessence in living beings or in the patterns of nature are far harder than free Quintessence, possible yes but it require greater knowledge."
The archmage said.
"And yes those Massassa should be taken down by any means necessary."

(OOC: Well that was a horribly written post on my part I was up most of the night trying to get a stubborn kitty to take her medication, well better with a bad post than no post. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:50 pm

You get back to Master Morgan's office and when you knock on the door you hear the old Flambeau gruff voice tell you to come right in. With him in the small office was a handsome man with short dark hair, a fine featured dark skinned face and bright intelligent eyes, the man looked to be in his early thirties and wore a caste mark on his brow and a long colorful tunic over plain pants, he was holding a tablet before Jeffry and the Flambeau looked at the device with obvious skepticism.
"Ah Mr Yager sorry to disturb you, but something have come up...I understand it that you are an artist and use said art in your magick?"

"That I do." Serge said proudly as he waved his sketchbook.

If so how are you at interpreting a drawing?

"I'm not bad at interpreting drawings. I can understand the emotion or intentions that an artist might have been trying to portray. But everyone sees the world differently so what I might see in the drawing might not be what the artist intended." Serge said truthfully.

Jeffry said then he nodded towards the other man.
"Oh and this is Master Narim Sharaya bani Virtual Adepts, he is another of Steelhaven's Deacons."
He said and the technomancer smiles and offered you his hand in greeting balancing the tablet with the other.
"Hi nice to meet you Mr Yager I know your Mentor quite well."
He said politely.

Serge accepted the hand shake and said, "It's nice to meet you as well. You know Angelica?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm

"That I do." Serge said proudly as he waved his sketchbook.

Jeffy nodded.
"Good then I find myself needing to ask for your help again, if you don't mind young man."

"I'm not bad at interpreting drawings. I can understand the emotion that an artist might have been trying to portray. But everyone sees the world differently so what I might see in the drawing might not be what the artist intended." Serge said truthfully.

"Hum...I see well the situation is that we have a allied Chantry in Chicago and they have among their members a young child mage who communicate though drawing, a very insightful child and apperantly she have drawn something an insisted it be sent to us as soon as possible so Chantry Morningstar sent the drawing over ehm...that thing there..."
Jeffry said and pointed at the Virtual Adept's tablet with disgust the old mage did not seam to like technology.
"In either case if you would take a look and see if you can make sense of the little sage's drawings?"
He requested as Narim handed you the tablet, on it was a scan of a drawing, it was well made and showed three naked women dancing around a brass key, before them a knight in full armor was sighting an hourglass with it's sand almost gone the knight bloody and wounded. In the woods around the clearing stood three skinny wolves on one side and three plump ones on the other and above a starry sky with two moons shone down on the scene below.
"So what do you make of it Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.

Serge accepted the hand shake and said, "It's nice to meet you as well. You know Angelica?
Neat!"

Narim shook your hand.
"I do indeed, she was a part of my first Cabal,the one I was in before I came here...and you are the young student of hers that I have heard of then I take it..."
He said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:26 pm

"Indeed finding a scar in reality left by that much Paradox is possible but to read the fate of a small bauble across time, well it is possible but it could be a most impressive feat young man."
"But yes if you are going to attempt something like that a planned out ritual is probably the best way to go."
She said and nodded.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, you never know... I might need my apprentice's help for that one."

"There might be something in that Mr Wainwright I find that focusing on one issue at the time are the most effective but it might be different for you young man."
The old lich said.
He nodded, "Occupational hazard for pilots, I suppose - we need to learn to quickly process many different pieces of information at once; threat assessment, target assessment, weather conditions, distance, communications, and so on... It can make being grounded a little... difficult at times; adapting to a different, slower pace can be tricky."

"So you are thinking that perhaps these shard might help Miss Alexander's soul heal faster then, that might work hum..."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Well I hope the girl will get well soon. Placing those shard back into place will not be an easy task though."
He nodded, "Between Mia and Master Telar, I'm fairly sure we can return the shards to their rightful owner. It's the fusing of the fragments that worries me - Mia has seamlessly incorporated a lot of fragments into herself, but whether or not she is able to do it with someone else... Well, it's likely to be rather a lot like an amputated finger, I suppose - it will heal better and quicker if it is stitched back on by an expert, and I understand there's no greater expert at that than Master Telar."

"Very true that given enough time anyone eventually breaks."
The old Tytalus said and sigh as she remembered well how many she had tortured and broken during the war with Diedne.
He frowned, "Not necessarily breaking; I was thinking more of... bending. Being brought around to subscribe to someone else's worldview."

"I see, I have not heard about this troupe but I am sure they where very talented if they have earned your admiration old friend."
Udella said and smiled.
"And we all get old and worn eventually."
He nodded, "I actually do have a couple of their movies, I think... They did an interesting take on both the Arthurian mythos and religious fervor set in the time of Christ."

"Ah now that will be a most enjoyable battle, for us and for whoever get to eat the battlefield."
Udella said and gave a heathy laugh.
"Very well good Sir I accept your challenge."
She said good naturedly.
"When time and place allows."
He nodded, "Excellent."

"Yes we can not allow that to come to pass, we have to stop them, if this theory of yours are true then what the twins are planning is a horror so let us hope you are wrong, and if not we need to intervene before things get worse."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "Whether my hypothesis holds true or not, their culpability seems certain - they've got to go."

Crexia glanced at you and raised an eyebrow.
He smiled, "Ah, that's a quote from a book I have it on very good authority the Handler is fond of. A copy of that book combined with an unusually-named butter brand I will have to raid a Chantrymate's fridge for will serve as a sufficiently amusing bribe to gain the Handler's attention, according to the story I will apparently tell my apprentice about the whole thing."

"Not before you learn more I am afraid affecting the Quintessence in living beings or in the patterns of nature are far harder than free Quintessence, possible yes but it require greater knowledge."
The archmage said.
"And yes those Massassa should be taken down by any means necessary."
He nodded, "Oh, I wouldn't be able to pull it off yet, but someone like, say, Chief Morgan might find it an amusing, poetic means of incinerating them..."

((OOC: Eh, it works well enough. Maude feeling better is a little more important. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Jeffy nodded.
"Good then I find myself needing to ask for your help again, if you don't mind young man."

"No problem at all, let's see what we got here." Serge said eagerly.

"Hum...I see well the situation is that we have a allied Chantry in Chicago and they have among their members a young child mage who communicate though drawing, a very insightful child and apperantly she have drawn something an insisted it be sent to us as soon as possible so Chantry Morningstar sent the drawing over ehm...that thing there..."
Jeffry said and pointed at the Virtual Adept's tablet with disgust the old mage did not seam to like technology.
"In either case if you would take a look and see if you can make sense of the little sage's drawings?"
He requested as Narim handed you the tablet, on it was a scan of a drawing, it was well made and showed three naked women dancing around a brass key, before them a knight in full armor was sighting an hourglass with it's sand almost gone the knight bloody and wounded. In the woods around the clearing stood three skinny wolves on one side and three plump ones on the other and above a starry sky with two moons shone down on the scene below.
"So what do you make of it Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.

Serge took the tablet and began analyzing the strange picture carefully. "There is...a lot to digest here. It is a really well made drawing."

"Ok on first inspection this is what I'm getting. Those women seem to be doing a ritual or celebrating that key. Key's are used as symbolism for a lot of different things. The key to power, unlocking the answer to something, or having authority over something. They may be trying to unlock something. The nudity is....strange but pretty standard if this is a ritual. Not to mention that they seem to be in a woods which typically leads to that sort of naturalist ideology."

Turning his head over to the knight and the hourglass Serge gave his second interpretation. "That knight is somewhat easier to guess. Knight's are typically used as a symbol of a hero. You know the whole "knight in shining armor" cliche. Also Hourglasses are almost always a symbol of time and with it's sand almost gone it seems to indicate that something is running out of time. Since that knight is wounded it may show that our hero is running out of time."

Looking over to the wolves Serge gave another interpretation. "Wolves are almost always the enemy. The hunter, the predator, preying on the weak. Threats in the shadows slowly stalking their prey with greater numbers. The fact that they seem to transition from being skinny to being plump may indicate that they managed to get a hold of whatever they were hunting and gouged on it, turning fat in the process."

Looking at the two moons Serge frowned. "I'm not exactly sure about those moons I'm afraid. With moons and wolves one might think about werewolves but I don't think that's the case here. Another way to look at it is two clashing sides. The plump and powerful wolves on one side and the skinny feeble wolves on the other. What could they be fighting for?"

Sighing heavily Serge looked up from the tablet and said, "Sorry if that wasn't any clearer. Their is certainly a message here. I might be able to get more information with a bit more time to analyze it."

(((OOC: Is there anything I could roll to try and get more clues as to the meaning of the picture?)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, you never know... I might need my apprentice's help for that one."

The old archmaga grinned at that.
"You might as that, though having your student help you with such a working might be some time of yet but it is not a bad idea once you have gotten used to her style of magick."

He nodded, "Occupational hazard for pilots, I suppose - we need to learn to quickly process many different pieces of information at once; threat assessment, target assessment, weather conditions, distance, communications, and so on... It can make being grounded a little... difficult at times; adapting to a different, slower pace can be tricky."

"I see well that would explain it then, in either case I would love to debate the nature of the Well of Souls with you Mr Wainwright once we are done with the necessary discussions here."
Crexia said with a small, tired smile.

He nodded, "Between Mia and Master Telar, I'm fairly sure we can return the shards to their rightful owner. It's the fusing of the fragments that worries me - Mia has seamlessly incorporated a lot of fragments into herself, but whether or not she is able to do it with someone else... Well, it's likely to be rather a lot like an amputated finger, I suppose - it will heal better and quicker if it is stitched back on by an expert, and I understand there's no greater expert at that than Master Telar."

"Well Master Ir himself claim Master Telar is more skilled than him which would mean yes there would be no greater expert on Avatars, or at least none that I know of."
The Tytalus said and she gave you a long long.
"At least not...anymore...in either case i imagine integrating the shards back into Miss Alexander's soul are bound to cause her considerable discomfort and that might be hard for her to bare after all she have been though."

He frowned, "Not necessarily breaking; I was thinking more of... bending. Being brought around to subscribe to someone else's worldview."

"That is harder to do, it require both time and skill on behalf of the interrogator, you can not push to hard or to fast or your ideas will be rejected and if you pressure your subject to little the treatment will be infective, but with someone who knows what they are doing yes such a thing could have happened to Master Teomim indeed."
She said darkly and Udella gave her an uneasy look.

He nodded, "I actually do have a couple of their movies, I think... They did an interesting take on both the Arthurian mythos and religious fervor set in the time of Christ."

"Interesting and quite daring considering how aggressive many gets about the topic of their religious faith, perhaps I should watch these films one day."
Udella said with a small smile.

He nodded, "Excellent."

The old Enforcer gave a bright smile at that.
"Do you feel like betting a bottle of good wine on the outcome of our duel old friend?"
She asked.

He nodded, "Whether my hypothesis holds true or not, their culpability seems certain - they've got to go."

Udella's eyes turn dark.
"They do have to go but given their House there are many who would want to keep their guilt quiet to preserve the reputation of House Guernicus that can not be allowed to be."

He smiled, "Ah, that's a quote from a book I have it on very good authority the Handler is fond of. A copy of that book combined with an unusually-named butter brand I will have to raid a Chantrymate's fridge for will serve as a sufficiently amusing bribe to gain the Handler's attention, according to the story I will apparently tell my apprentice about the whole thing."

"So your plan is to offer a book and a...pack of butter to the Handler of this ship slash Labyrinth and then once you have her attention get her to turn again Laron...that is a pretty tall order, than again I have seen you pulling of some rather...amazing stunts young man so perhaps you can do it."
Crexia said though she still looked a little doubtful.

He nodded, "Oh, I wouldn't be able to pull it off yet, but someone like, say, Chief Morgan might find it an amusing, poetic means of incinerating them..."

"Master Morgan came in fifth place in House Flambeau's contest to see who can create the most destructive rote last time it was held...Master Porthos won, Master Porthos always wins that competition but Master Morgan came in fifth place he do not really new more methods to incinerate things."

Serge:

"No problem at all, let's see what we got here." Serge said eagerly.

"Thank you I appreciate it young man."
Jeffry said and offered a measured, stern smile.

Serge took the tablet and began analyzing the strange picture carefully. "There is...a lot to digest here. It is a really well made drawing."

"The child is quite talented or so I hear."
The old Flambeau said and nodded.

"Ok on first inspection this is what I'm getting. Those women seem to be doing a ritual or celebrating that key. Key's are used as symbolism for a lot of different things. The key to power, unlocking the answer to something, or having authority over something. They may be trying to unlock something. The nudity is....strange but pretty standard if this is a ritual. Not to mention that they seem to be in a woods which typically leads to that sort of naturalist ideology."

The two older magi was silent as you spoke about the drawing, glancing at the tablet now and again to see what you where referring to.

Turning his head over to the knight and the hourglass Serge gave his second interpretation. "That knight is somewhat easier to guess. Knight's are typically used as a symbol of a hero. You know the whole "knight in shining armor" cliche. Also Hourglasses are almost always a symbol of time and with it's sand almost gone it seems to indicate that something is running out of time. Since that knight is wounded it may show that our hero is running out of time."

"Well we have been running out of time for a while and have taken our licks...the question is why would this prophetic child who communicate only in drawings insist we get this drawing now, and not that it be sent with our people who are still visiting Chantry Motningstar in Chicago as they return home?"
Jeffry asked seemingly concerned.

Looking over to the wolves Serge gave another interpretation. "Wolves are almost always the enemy. The hunter, the predator, preying on the weak. Threats in the shadows slowly stalking their prey with greater numbers. The fact that they seem to transition from being skinny to being plump may indicate that they managed to get a hold of whatever they were hunting and gouged on it, turning fat in the process."

"That do make some sense and if that means what I think it means then that is not good news."
Narim said and frowned, Jeffry glanced up at him and nodded.
"You are thinking Larson have gotten what she need for her ritual?"
The Virtual Adept nodded.
"It could be one interpretation..."
He said and Master Morgan frowned at that.

Looking at the two moons Serge frowned. "I'm not exactly sure about those moons I'm afraid. With moons and wolves one might think about werewolves but I don't think that's the case here. Another way to look at it is two clashing sides. The plump and powerful wolves on one side and the skinny feeble wolves on the other. What could they be fighting for?"

"Horizon...the Tradition's stronghold is a realm that have two moons, often when two moons show up in readings of some sort it is an indication of that place but it would not make much sense if we think the wolves signify Larson getting her sacrifices ready and also there is still her daughter that we safely and from what I understand it she still her her for the ritual."
Jeffry said and frowned deeper.

Sighing heavily Serge looked up from the tablet and said, "Sorry if that wasn't any clearer. Their is certainly a message here. I might be able to get more information with a bit more time to analyze it."

"Take the time you need Mr Yager."
Jeffry said he he looked rather concerned though.

(OOC: Intelligence plus Enigmas would be a good roll or if you do not have that knowledge then rolling on meditation to meditate on the picture is also a way Serge can try to get more information.)

(OOC: Maude is feeling better, she is now well enough to protest and protest she do against taking her medicine, it is not easy to get Maude to do what she do not want to do.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 pm

The old archmaga grinned at that.
"You might as that, though having your student help you with such a working might be some time of yet but it is not a bad idea once you have gotten used to her style of magick."
Colin chuckled, then turned a little more serious, "That might take less time than one might expect - I might be an Orphan, but my methods hear at least a resemblance to Hermetic methods, or at least the fictional representations of wizardry, and she has a fairly solid Hermetic-based background. Still, I will have to wait until she is sufficiently trusted, so that training proper can begin, too..."

"I see well that would explain it then, in either case I would love to debate the nature of the Well of Souls with you Mr Wainwright once we are done with the necessary discussions here."
Crexia said with a small, tired smile.
He nodded, "Or perhaps when I have the means to go searching myself..."

"Well Master Ir himself claim Master Telar is more skilled than him which would mean yes there would be no greater expert on Avatars, or at least none that I know of."
The Tytalus said and she gave you a long long.
"At least not...anymore...in either case i imagine integrating the shards back into Miss Alexander's soul are bound to cause her considerable discomfort and that might be hard for her to bare after all she have been though."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I'm afraid if Mia has any such great knowledge of Avatar manipulation, she's reluctant to share it with me - perhaps she would not want to head down that path again. And... there is another; the Dreamspeaker who came to Boston recently. He's got a unique knack for Avatars - if anyone alive can someday surpass Master Ir and Master Telar, I think it would be him, not me. And... I think Master Nassa, possibly with Shimmer's help, actually, may have ready some spiritual anaesthetic by now, or very soon. We'll do what we can, all of us, to make sure the operation goes as painlessly for Beatrice as can be done..."

"That is harder to do, it require both time and skill on behalf of the interrogator, you can not push to hard or to fast or your ideas will be rejected and if you pressure your subject to little the treatment will be infective, but with someone who knows what they are doing yes such a thing could have happened to Master Teomim indeed."
She said darkly and Udella gave her an uneasy look.
He frowned, "Yes, but someone posing as a friend or even an opponent in a debate; someone with centuries worth of lifespan, carefully working to convince someone with a comparable lifespan... No, it would not be an easy task, but it would be worth the attempt for anyone who so desired. It's the same basic trick the Fallen use; they pose as your friend, and then, once the association has gone on long enough, they spring their true nature on their target, who then can either go with them, or report them and be flayed for associating with the Nephandi. It's... distasteful, but I can't deny that it is effective..."

"Interesting and quite daring considering how aggressive many gets about the topic of their religious faith, perhaps I should watch these films one day."
Udella said with a small smile.
He grinned, "The latter was in fact advertised as so funny, it was banned in Norway. And yes, you should. I'm sure it could be quite easily arranged."

The old Enforcer gave a bright smile at that.
"Do you feel like betting a bottle of good wine on the outcome of our duel old friend?"
She asked.
He smiled, "I'm afraid I don't have much of a wine cellar. However, I am prepared to stake a custom-made five-piece set of silverware for two - knife, spoon, fork, cake fork and teaspoon - against your bottle of good wine. Does that sound like a fair wager?"

Udella's eyes turn dark.
"They do have to go but given their House there are many who would want to keep their guilt quiet to preserve the reputation of House Guernicus that can not be allowed to be."
He nodded, "I have no wish to drag House Guernicus through the mud - nor, do I think, does anyone else. They are a pair of bad apples, however, and if left to spoil the bunch... Well, let us not go there."

"So your plan is to offer a book and a...pack of butter to the Handler of this ship slash Labyrinth and then once you have her attention get her to turn again Laron...that is a pretty tall order, than again I have seen you pulling of some rather...amazing stunts young man so perhaps you can do it."
Crexia said though she still looked a little doubtful.
He nodded, "The book and the butter will be the, hm, icebreaker. After that... the negotiations begin. Even if I can accomplish nothing more than to keep her distracted while the others assault Larson, that will be beneficial. Anything beyond that... Well, we'll see."

"Master Morgan came in fifth place in House Flambeau's contest to see who can create the most destructive rote last time it was held...Master Porthos won, Master Porthos always wins that competition but Master Morgan came in fifth place he do not really new more methods to incinerate things."
He smiled, "Need? Not so much, but he might thoroughly enjoy turning their power in on themselves in such a manner."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next