Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 21 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Serge:

"Venturing into the mind of a Nephandus. That's a scary thought." Serge said shuddering at the idea.

"Indeed it is, I would not like to see what is hidden in that woman's psyche."
Joakim said and frowned.
"But as interrogating her regularly is impossible it might be the only way we can get any information out of her."

"That's what I hope as well. I'm just glad that I was able to decipher that attack and warn Master Morgan early on." Serge said with a nod.

"Agreed hopefully Steelhaven will be kept safe with this."

"I can't think of anything else that we might need. Most of the images in the picture have been explained in some detail and the general warning was deciphered a while ago. I think it is safe for me to give my findings to Master Morgan and then return back to Steelhaven with our men. Once again thank you for all of your help."

"Very well, do you need a quiet place to make the phone call to Master Morgan or are you waiting until you can speak with him in person Mr Yager?"
Joakim asked.
"The ritual chambers down in the basement should be fairly private."
He informed you.

Nicole:

"Well I assume the flesh is grown with some sort of magick so you could call that artificial."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Yes the Chantries of the Boston Tribunal are cooperating in this matter, we are planning on mobilizing a strike force and go after the Labyrinth and hopefully take it down, it will not be pretty nor safe but it have to be done for all of our sakes."
The old Hermetic said firmly.
"We are in the process of gathering as much information we can at the moment before we go to war."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 21 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Anja's Post:

'Just when I thought I was out...I get pulled back in.' Nicole quipped, giving a little roll of the eyes. 'Is there a time-frame on this yet?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:07 pm

"We do not have an exact time yet we still have men in the field gathering information but we are talking about hours."
Jeffry said than he sigh and sipped his coffee and out the empty cup down.
"Off course I will not demand any participation of you, like I said this will be far from safe so while we need all the help we can get everyone who will be joining the fight will be doing so volenterilly and you have just arrived here you have no stake is this Chantry nor this city, not yet."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Anja's Post:

Another silence; Nicole stared at the flexing and un-flexing of her right hand for a moment before replying. 'Godamnit - if I chose the bench... I'd never scrub it off my rep. P'ticular as this kind of thing is what I do. And if we failed, would I have somewhere to sit it out?' It was clear that while the Scientist wasn't particularly happy with doing this, she would.

'Any word on what we'll be facing yet?'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 pm

"Well it would be unlikely anywhere in the city would be safe that is true...if we fail."
Jeffry said but then he added firmly.
"But I have faith in my believe and I hope that we will not fail however it is unlikely that all of us that go into that Labyrinth, will come out again alive..."
He said and cast a concerned but proud look at the painting of the mage going down in the inferno of flames taking an army with him.
"Some of us will end our lives today like my House's Founder did so be aware of the risk before you commit to fight with us Miss Bouchard."
He said and regarded you again.
"I would greatly appreciate the help though...as for what we will be facing it is hard to say, a Labyrinth full of Nephandi, I just got word that they apparently have massassa...ehm vampire allies I do not know if you are aware of them, angry spirits, things from beyond our reality that should not be, the list gets long and unnerving."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
"Like I said I could provide cover from the Ether, and evacuation when needed Master Morgan."
Renee offered but Jeffry just glanced at her and shook his head.
"I would have taken you up on your offer Miss Rembrandt and let you risk yourself, but not the life you are carrying within you, I am afraid you are going to have to sit this one out, but some will have to remain with the Chantries and keep them safe while the rest of us fight."
Jeffry said kindly and Renee sigh and put a hand over her pregnant belly.
"I guess you are right Master Morgan...I would not want anything to befall my son."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Colin simply nodded and held out a hand, "Very well, then... Perhaps it will be a comfort to Beatrice when we return her fragments, too..."
He passed the pinecone over carefully, as if he were transferring a baby bird into a nest. "Maybe you will have some insights now that you have some newfound ability with spirit, that will lend you some insight."
Colin simply nodded and held out a hand, "Very well, then... Perhaps it will be a comfort to Beatrice when we return her fragments, too..."
He grinned. "What, and lose the look on people's faces when they think I'm about to pull out an Ipad and I pull out this magnificent piece instead? I'll figure it out, I'm sure, or just sew in a bigger pocket in the lining, or make a strap out of some rope, for now."
Udella nodded she added insta coffee powder to a cup, then some water and muttered a few words in Latin to it to make it boil and once it had cooled down a bit she handed it to you.
"Off course Sodalis, would you like some cream and sugar with it?"
"Both, please...and thank you for pouring," he added.
"There are toothbrushes in there."
Udella said and she picked a sandwich and a hard boiled egg for herself as well as a cup of tea and sat down in one of the chairs.
"Good news, for once."

"I have to admit I have always enjoyed just having a hard boiled egg like this with a bit of salt."
She said as she gently tapped the egg on the table a few times and begun to peel it. Crexia sat down next to Udella.
"Even if I do not eat I hope no one mind that I sit with you during the meal."
She asked politely.
"Of course not, please join us, ma'am," he said, and then tucked into his food with relish.
"There have never been many who choose to become a lich and even fewer once cooperation with the Traditions gave us proper Longavity potions that could extend life for more than two to three hundred years before sending you into final twilight...
"But yes capturing one of my kind would not be easy for the Union or anyone...unless taken right after the ritual when the new lich is weak and confused capturing such a mage is not easy."
He frowned, "It... may be that whichever Lich the Union got their hooks into joined them willingly, seeing a closer kinship with their Static ideology... It's an extremely unpleasant notion, but it seems depressingly plausible..."
"Well one need a great deal of alchemical knowledge to be able to manufacture a lichdom potion, and once the Solificati was a member of the Order of Reason, they where founding members actually one of the eight original Convention that signed the ledger at the Ivory Tower that started the whole headache the Union are today, it is possible a lich could have been attracted to that Tradition or have been recruited later due to our tendency to be static...though a lich would be to ehm Deviant for the Technocracy today I think but in the past the Order of Reason was far more spiritual."
He frowned, "Whatever the circumstances, it's not good..."
"No the implications are troubling however as we do not know if this is the case or where this individual is now speculation on it might be futile."

"It's plausible... but like you said, we can't figure it out from here, so..." he shook his head and finished up his food and coffee. He took his cutlery and stacked it on his plate and then went to use the restroom and the sundries.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:29 pm

He passed the pinecone over carefully, as if he were transferring a baby bird into a nest. "Maybe you will have some insights now that you have some newfound ability with spirit, that will lend you some insight."
Colin shrugged, "Perhaps, some 24 hours from now... or more likely, a little later."

He grinned. "What, and lose the look on people's faces when they think I'm about to pull out an Ipad and I pull out this magnificent piece instead? I'll figure it out, I'm sure, or just sew in a bigger pocket in the lining, or make a strap out of some rope, for now."
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum? No, the pine cone, not the wax tablet. An excellent piece of craftsmanship and convenience though it is, I don't think that will resonate with her Avatar quite like the pine cone will... Hum, I do believe I've seen some carrying cases that might fit, actually - for portable DVD players, or very small laptop computers."

"It is that unwillingness I am talking about Mr Wainwright...I fear that William is so deeply set in his ways he will never dare to even try."
She said and frowned.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Then again, you never know what might draw him out of his shell... Stranger things have happened at the sight of the right person, or animal..."

"No the implications are troubling however as we do not know if this is the case or where this individual is now speculation on it might be futile."
"It's plausible... but like you said, we can't figure it out from here, so..." he shook his head and finished up his food and coffee. He took his cutlery and stacked it on his plate and then went to use the restroom and the sundries.
He nodded, "An almost hopeless investigation, I suppose... Looking for a needle in a sentient, animated, carnivorous haystack..."

He ate meticulously, taking his time to ponder all he had learned the past two weeks relative time, and leaned back in the chair with his tea in contemplation, "Let me see... We'd rather explored the serum hypotheses to their conclusion, and I've completed the complaint forms... Udella, you offered to take down my testimony of my visions; that will take a while... anything else we need to discuss while we're in the bubble? We still need it for..." He glanced at his watch, "a little over fourteen hours or so, if I'm not dreadfully mistaken?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Colin shrugged, "Perhaps, some 24 hours from now... or more likely, a little later.
"The way our days have been going, they're lasting far longer than 24 hours," he said in a wry tone.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum? No, the pine cone, not the wax tablet. An excellent piece of craftsmanship and convenience though it is, I don't think that will resonate with her Avatar quite like the pine cone will... Hum, I do believe I've seen some carrying cases that might fit, actually - for portable DVD players, or very small laptop computers."
"Ah, hrm...maybe an egg carton? Something a little cushioned, though pine cones are meant to be fairly resilient thankfully."
He nodded, "An almost hopeless investigation, I suppose... Looking for a needle in a sentient, animated, carnivorous haystack..."
He paused over a forkful. "Didn't we kind of already just do that," he said, with a curl of his lip. "Perhaps we don't need to know why, at least not yet..."
He ate meticulously, taking his time to ponder all he had learned the past two weeks relative time, and leaned back in the chair with his tea in contemplation, "Let me see... We'd rather explored the serum hypotheses to their conclusion, and I've completed the complaint forms... Udella, you offered to take down my testimony of my visions; that will take a while... anything else we need to discuss while we're in the bubble? We still need it for..." He glanced at his watch, "a little over fourteen hours or so, if I'm not dreadfully mistaken?"
"I will let you know if I think of anything I've yet to tell you but I think I went over the main things I wanted to say."

// kicks at my repeated word from my last post xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Crexia smiled a little at that.
"Well it certainly is not the most modern piece of technology but I find these tablets are still remarkably useful."

"Both, please...and thank you for pouring," he added.

Udella smiled and added cream and sugar to your coffee before she handed it to you.
"I hope you enjoy Sodalis..."

"Good news, for once."

"Well thank Miss Mirri and not me, she is the one who remembered to add the toiletries to the basket."
Udella said and smiled a little.

"Of course not, please join us, ma'am," he said, and then tucked into his food with relish.

"Thank you Sodalis I appreciate it."
Crexia said and she smiled as she settled down by the table. The sandwiches where well made with just the right amount of everything, the food was cold off course but tasty.

"I agree there is no point in further speculation on who this lich may be or their allegiances before we know more."
Crexia said and nodded.

Colin shrugged, "Perhaps, some 24 hours from now... or more likely, a little later."

"Well the two of you slept for quite some time and we spent some time talking before you went to bed so it is more fourteen hours now."
Udella said and she glanced at her little golden wrist watch.
"I suggest we we whatever topics need discussing done and then spend the remaining time resting or meditating, there are plenty of things that needs to be done in the normal flow of time outside."

Hum, I do believe I've seen some carrying cases that might fit, actually - for portable DVD players, or very small laptop computers."

"Ah, hrm...maybe an egg carton? Something a little cushioned, though pine cones are meant to be fairly resilient thankfully."

"If you hand me some of the wrapping plastic and eggshells from breakfast and give me the exact measurements of the pine cone I can make a carrying case that should fit it perfectly."
Crexia offered.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Then again, you never know what might draw him out of his shell... Stranger things have happened at the sight of the right person, or animal..."

"Very true...and I hope something like that might happen for William one day."
The old archmage said and smiled sadly.

"True and if this person decide to rear his head and become a problem then we might act for now we do not know anything about this lich's fate or who he or she is."
Crexia said and sigh.

He ate meticulously, taking his time to ponder all he had learned the past two weeks relative time, and leaned back in the chair with his tea in contemplation, "Let me see... We'd rather explored the serum hypotheses to their conclusion, and I've completed the complaint forms... Udella, you offered to take down my testimony of my visions; that will take a while...

"I can brew up another cup of tea for the testimony rote once we are done with breakfast Mr Wainwright. And yes the topics mentioned it seams we have gone over to any extent that we can in here, with the serum we need to see the results of Mr Horton's tests before doing anything else, and the complaint forms needs to be delivered to Morningstar's Deacon Council."
Udella said and sigh.

anything else we need to discuss while we're in the bubble? We still need it for..." He glanced at his watch, "a little over fourteen hours or so, if I'm not dreadfully mistaken?"

"It is about fourteen hours indeed...I can not think of something right now that needs to be discussed. We could go over what we know about the current situation and make plans but there is not so much point in that without Chief Joakim or Master Morgan here to coordinate so for now when your testimony is takenold friend I think we can just relax."
The old Enforcer said.

"I will let you know if I think of anything I've yet to tell you but I think I went over the main things I wanted to say."

The two older Hermetics nodded at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:21 pm

"The way our days have been going, they're lasting far longer than 24 hours," he said in a wry tone.
Colin smiled wryly, "24 hours relative. This past week has lasted about a fortnight already; better not jinx it further..."

He pondered, "I think I have a suitable case in my workshop, actually - someone brought in a Fabergé knockoff for appraisal a few years ago. The customer decided to have it melted down to be used for a few other pieces rather than sit with a counterfeit item on their mantelpiece. I got to keep the box. It's not a perfect fit, but should be close enough for comfort."

"If you hand me some of the wrapping plastic and eggshells from breakfast and give me the exact measurements of the pine cone I can make a carrying case that should fit it perfectly."
Crexia offered.
He arched an eyebrow, "...Or that would probably work even better, yes. Odd, isn't it, how one might forget about magical solutions to practical problems when one has a mundane solution in mind?"

"Very true...and I hope something like that might happen for William one day."
The old archmage said and smiled sadly.
He pondered, "Perhaps, someday, someone could present him with a loving puppy. Some small, adoring animal with a bit of responsibility attached..."

He paused over a forkful. "Didn't we kind of already just do that," he said, with a curl of his lip. "Perhaps we don't need to know why, at least not yet..."
He grimaced, "Yes, well, we had the luxury of knowing both the location and the layout of that particular haystack..."

"I can brew up another cup of tea for the testimony rote once we are done with breakfast Mr Wainwright. And yes the topics mentioned it seams we have gone over to any extent that we can in here, with the serum we need to see the results of Mr Horton's tests before doing anything else, and the complaint forms needs to be delivered to Morningstar's Deacon Council."
Udella said and sigh.
"It is about fourteen hours indeed...I can not think of something right now that needs to be discussed. We could go over what we know about the current situation and make plans but there is not so much point in that without Chief Joakim or Master Morgan here to coordinate so for now when your testimony is takenold friend I think we can just relax."
The old Enforcer said.
He nodded, "Well, once out of here, I'll have to give Master Min one of the forms, pass one into Lady Arden's inbox, and keep a copy for myself... and ask Master Min's opinion on a separate matter. Then it's brain scan time... and home to Boston for the final battle."
He sighed, "It sounds so simple, when it really shouldn't..."

He leaned back, sipping the rest of his tea, and started collecting his thoughts, sorting the memories of all the visions of the future - and the one of the past when he'd ran into Anthea for the very first time from her point of view...

((OOC: Aw, 'sokay. Adley's tired and heading for the Dreamlands - one would expect him to mix up the subjects of the conversation. Razz ))

((OOC2: Colin's 24 hours comment was when Adley handed over the pine cone *before* going to sleep, as I understood the sequence of it...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well... better to die on the feet than live on the knees - but as you said, the seconds' not really an option, is it?' Nicole replied, looking at the painting for a moment.

'How much do the enemy know about us? And will they be aware we're making a house call?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 pm

"Very well, do you need a quiet place to make the phone call to Master Morgan or are you waiting until you can speak with him in person Mr Yager?"
Joakim asked.

"I would like to call him. He needs this information as soon as possible."

"The ritual chambers down in the basement should be fairly private."
He informed you.

"Thank you, that sounds perfect. I'll go over there and inform Master Morgan of what I found and then return back home with the rest of the party." Serge said simply.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Colin and Adley:

He arched an eyebrow, "...Or that would probably work even better, yes. Odd, isn't it, how one might forget about magical solutions to practical problems when one has a mundane solution in mind?"

"That is actually quite healthy Mr Wainwright, magick is a wonderful tool and it is one of the fits of enlightenment but at times it is easy to reply to much on it, however at least until you can return to your workshop for the case you mentioned a magickally created case should keep the pine cone safer than having it your pocket unprotected."
Crexia said and smiled.

He pondered, "Perhaps, someday, someone could present him with a loving puppy. Some small, adoring animal with a bit of responsibility attached..."

"While there is a chance William might decide to care for such an animal it is more likely that adorable, loving puppy would find itself cup up for spell components."
Crexia said and frowned.
"So at least he should not be left with a helpless animal unsupervised, at least in the beginning."

He nodded, "Well, once out of here, I'll have to give Master Min one of the forms, pass one into Lady Arden's inbox, and keep a copy for myself... and ask Master Min's opinion on a separate matter. Then it's brain scan time... and home to Boston for the final battle."
He sighed, "It sounds so simple, when it really shouldn't..."

"Planning is often simple, and talking with Master Min and handing off some paperwork should not be a hard part of the plan to follow nor should going to Mr Horton's veterinary clinic for a brain scan...the fight at Larson's Labyrinth however might be harder to get to confirm to a pre conceived plan, but please do try not to die, that would be a shame."
Udella said and she gave you a concerned look.

He leaned back, sipping the rest of his tea, and started collecting his thoughts, sorting the memories of all the visions of the future - and the one of the past when he'd ran into Anthea for the very first time from her point of view...

Udella finished her breakfast and her cup of tea then she went to the bathroom when Adley was done and came out again looking slightly refreshed and she had added just a touch of pink to her cheeks and some red to her lips, even an old lady had to be allowed a bit of vanity, then she slipped her bracelets, rings and necklace back on as well as her pearl stud earrings and brewed another cup of tea. Searching a bit in her belt pouch she found a fountain pen and opened it and poured the ink into the cup.
"Ready Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.

(OOC: Ah yes off course oops sorry.)
(OOC 2: Aww Hermetics are cute when they are sleepy. Razz )

Nicole:

"Unless they are stupid they know we will be coming for them yes and since we have had a traitor in our midst, a Hagalas Cultist...I suspect they know far more than they should."
Jeffry said and frowned, he followed your eyes and said.
"Flambeau the Founder, he supported the Northern forces when the Turks decided to invade and fought against them and their sorcerers, when overwhelmed he sent his apprentice several kilometers away from the battle and then cast his last spell, killing himself and the entire Turkish army creating a crater where the battle had been, several kilometers in diameter leaving his apprentice to stand on the edge of it, just barely spared the destruction...every member of my House wish to go out that way, on our feet in a final blaze of glory...then again surviving the battle and living to fight another day would be even better."
He said with a slight grin.

Serge:

"I would like to call him. He needs this information as soon as possible."

"Off course, Miss Willis can take you to one of the ritual chambers, there you can speak with your Deacon in privacy."
Joakim offered and Cara nodded her agreement that she could bring you.

"Thank you, that sounds perfect. I'll go over there and inform Master Morgan of what I found and then return back home with the rest of the party." Serge said simply.

"Very well it is nice to meet you Mr Yager." Joakim said and he stood to show you out. Cara gave you a smile.
"If you come with me Mr Yager I will show you where the ritual chambers are located."
The Criamon offered and she indicated the way to the basement with her hand as she spoke.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Anja's Post:

'Joy. Do we hold any advantages?' Nicole replied, massaging her forehead. 'Can't we just blast them out or something?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:48 am

"Very well it is nice to meet you Mr Yager." Joakim said and he stood to show you out. Cara gave you a smile.

"It was nice to meet you as well." Serge said with a smile as he followed Cara out of the office.

"If you come with me Mr Yager I will show you where the ritual chambers are located."
The Criamon offered and she indicated the way to the basement with her hand as she spoke.

"A Ritual Chamber sounds so cool." Serge said as he followed Cara to the ritual chambers. "Is it full of runes and symbols and stuff like that?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 am

Colin smiled wryly, "24 hours relative. This past week has lasted about a fortnight already; better not jinx it further..."
"Two weeks already? Damn, that is not good news. No, let's not  jinx it..." He looked worried a moment.
Udella smiled and added cream and sugar to your coffee before she handed it to you.
"I hope you enjoy Sodalis..."
"Thanks, I'm sure I'll enjoy it more now, with food than as a substitute for sleep."
"Well thank Miss Mirri and not me, she is the one who remembered to add the toiletries to the basket."
Udella said and smiled a little.
"I will do, if I see her," he said with a nod.
He pondered, "I think I have a suitable case in my workshop, actually - someone brought in a Fabergé knockoff for appraisal a few years ago. The customer decided to have it melted down to be used for a few other pieces rather than sit with a counterfeit item on their mantelpiece. I got to keep the box. It's not a perfect fit, but should be close enough for comfort."
Crexia offered.
"More comfortable and safer than a pocket," he agreed. "Sure, but you still put that fire out on the table faster," he said to Colin, with a grin.
"Well the two of you slept for quite some time and we spent some time talking before you went to bed so it is more fourteen hours now."
Udella said and she glanced at her little golden wrist watch.
"I suggest we we whatever topics need discussing done and then spend the remaining time resting or meditating, there are plenty of things that needs to be done in the normal flow of time outside."
The old Enforcer said.
"Hm...well, I suppose it would be good to meditate and rest some more, also if there's anything we can discuss about the next Labyrinth. I admit to feeling suddenly like I should be doing something again. I think I got used to breakneck speed and I know there's still so much to do. Now that I have a moment to stop, I'm starting to worry." He sighed. "But you're right, without the Chiefs it would be a bit premature...I will do my morning exercise if that's alright with everyone and then do some sitting mediation for a little while. The good news is I suppose I will have time to build up a good defense before we leave," he ruminated, shifting from one foot to the other.

// and half asleep at first in the am, as well xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 am

"Two weeks already? Damn, that is not good news. No, let's not jinx it..." He looked worried a moment.
Colin sighed, "Well, about half of it has been in time bubbles... I did have a few extra days in there while unconscious; I suppose they still count, though..."

"That is actually quite healthy Mr Wainwright, magick is a wonderful tool and it is one of the fits of enlightenment but at times it is easy to reply to much on it, however at least until you can return to your workshop for the case you mentioned a magickally created case should keep the pine cone safer than having it your pocket unprotected."
Crexia said and smiled.
"More comfortable and safer than a pocket," he agreed. "Sure, but you still put that fire out on the table faster," he said to Colin, with a grin.
He grimaced, "Ah, yes, the joy of slapping a glob of burning blood. Not something I want to repeat; that was... unhygienic."

"While there is a chance William might decide to care for such an animal it is more likely that adorable, loving puppy would find itself cup up for spell components."
Crexia said and frowned.
"So at least he should not be left with a helpless animal unsupervised, at least in the beginning."
He nodded thoughtfully, "He would need the time to properly imprint, I suppose - well, that too is a thought for another day."

"Planning is often simple, and talking with Master Min and handing off some paperwork should not be a hard part of the plan to follow nor should going to Mr Horton's veterinary clinic for a brain scan...the fight at Larson's Labyrinth however might be harder to get to confirm to a pre conceived plan, but please do try not to die, that would be a shame."
Udella said and she gave you a concerned look.
He smiled wryly, "I shall do my very best."

"Hm...well, I suppose it would be good to meditate and rest some more, also if there's anything we can discuss about the next Labyrinth. I admit to feeling suddenly like I should be doing something again. I think I got used to breakneck speed and I know there's still so much to do. Now that I have a moment to stop, I'm starting to worry." He sighed. "But you're right, without the Chiefs it would be a bit premature...I will do my morning exercise if that's alright with everyone and then do some sitting mediation for a little while. The good news is I suppose I will have time to build up a good defense before we leave," he ruminated, shifting from one foot to the other.
He pondered, "Well, if you meditate while Udella takes down my memories of the future, we can go over the details of things to come afterwards?"

Udella finished her breakfast and her cup of tea then she went to the bathroom when Adley was done and came out again looking slightly refreshed and she had added just a touch of pink to her cheeks and some red to her lips, even an old lady had to be allowed a bit of vanity, then she slipped her bracelets, rings and necklace back on as well as her pearl stud earrings and brewed another cup of tea. Searching a bit in her belt pouch she found a fountain pen and opened it and poured the ink into the cup.
"Ready Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
He nodded, "Ready, Master Adimari... We have enough paper, I trust?"

((OOC: Well, I'm off to the Magic Modern tournament with my Shroom Hallucinations. Hopefully, I'll do a little better than the first round. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:08 am

Nicole:

Jeffry shook his head.
"They will hold defenses so just blasting them out are not likely to work, we have grater numbers that are one advantage and Paradox tend to be even more cruel to the Fallen than to us, however we are likely to face them in their Labyrinth, or at least the majority of them will be there and that is in an Umbreal realm where the Consensus is far different than in our physical reality in the middle of an American city."

Serge:

Cara smiled a little as she lead you from Joakim's office.
"Some of them are, more of them are plain though so that magi of any Paradigm can use them, after all the symbols a Hermetic might use are different from a Verbena witch for example and even within the Order of Hermes Paradigms vary."
She said as she headed down to the basement again, you passed two young women who nodded to Cara and gave you some odd glances, then you where in the same corridor as the portal room only Cara did not lead you there, she stopped before one door, checked no one was inside and indicated it for you.
"This should be private enough."
She said.

The room was small, there was a stone table in one corner and a shelf that held a few items like chalk, a bowl of salt and other such things that might be needed against the other wall and other than that there where nothing there, just a boring, stone basement room.

Adley and Colin:

"Thanks, I'm sure I'll enjoy it more now, with food than as a substitute for sleep."

Udella smiled at that.

"Hm...well, I suppose it would be good to meditate and rest some more, also if there's anything we can discuss about the next Labyrinth. I admit to feeling suddenly like I should be doing something again. I think I got used to breakneck speed and I know there's still so much to do.

"There is much to do, and if you want to go over what we know about Lisa Larson's Labyrinth that is quite fine if we have any more information to share between us."
Udella said.
"However remember that for all of this only 30 minutes will actually pass and sometimes the best thing to do is rest when you have the chance Sodalis."

Now that I have a moment to stop, I'm starting to worry." He sighed. "But you're right, without the Chiefs it would be a bit premature...I will do my morning exercise if that's alright with everyone and then do some sitting mediation for a little while. The good news is I suppose I will have time to build up a good defense before we leave," he ruminated, shifting from one foot to the other.

We can see what information we might have to share when you are done Sodalis and sometimes a good defense is quite valuable. Well then if no one minds I will will use the bathroom for some privacy to set up my Parma Magica."
Udella said and stood before she brushes a few crumbles of her skirts.
"Good idea I will do the same when you are done my friend."
Crexia said and nodded to Udella.
"I should be back in a minute."
Udella said before she headed to the bathroom, she came back after about a minute and a half though her working had not taken long.

He grimaced, "Ah, yes, the joy of slapping a glob of burning blood. Not something I want to repeat; that was... unhygienic."

Crexia raised an eyebrow but did not comment.
"Well then the measurements of the pine cone if you wanted me to make a temporary case for it if you please?"
She said.

He nodded thoughtfully, "He would need the time to properly imprint, I suppose - well, that too is a thought for another day."

"It is not a bad idea for a time when such a thing can be done properly and under supervision and if I can get William to agree to it."

He smiled wryly, "I shall do my very best."

"Well young Miss Adlebloom would not be please if you should fail."
Udella joked.

He nodded, "Ready, Master Adimari... We have enough paper, I trust?"

"I have a notebook with me, hopefully that will be enough."
Udella said and fetched a large notebook from her belt pouch.

(OOC: Good luck. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:25 am

Colin sighed, "Well, about half of it has been in time bubbles... I did have a few extra days in there while unconscious; I suppose they still count, though..."
"They do, indeed."
He pondered, "Well, if you meditate while Udella takes down my memories of the future, we can go over the details of things to come afterwards?"
"There is much to do, and if you want to go over what we know about Lisa Larson's Labyrinth that is quite fine if we have any more information to share between us." Udella said. "However remember that for all of this only 30 minutes will actually pass and sometimes the best thing to do is rest when you have the chance Sodalis."
"Sounds good, though maybe we will just be repeating ourselves if we're talking to the others." He shrugged. "I suppose a brief check in could be worth it, though. We'll see, but rest...yes, I will try to rest up some more. I wish I could bank sleep!"
We can see what information we might have to share when you are done Sodalis and sometimes a good defense is quite valuable. Well then if no one minds I will will use the bathroom for some privacy to set up my Parma Magica."

Udella said and stood before she brushes a few crumbles of her skirts. "Good idea I will do the same when you are done my friend."
He gave the Masters a nod. "Of course." He stacked up the plates and cleaned them if there was a sink, then put them back in the basket. After that, he gave Colin a nod and and began his own morning routine of the banishing followed by a seated meditation to organize and try to integrate the mass amounts of experiences that had occurred in such a short period of time.

// good luck Warp!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:28 am

"Sounds good, though maybe we will just be repeating ourselves if we're talking to the others." He shrugged. "I suppose a brief check in could be worth it, though. We'll see, but rest...yes, I will try to rest up some more. I wish I could bank sleep!"

"We might end up repeating ourselves yes but perhaps we might also get some new insight, it is worth to have a short talk going over what we know to see, but yes right now rest is the important thing as we will need that rest when the time bubble ends."
Udella said and she gave you a bit of a smile.

He gave the Masters a nod. "Of course." He stacked up the plates and cleaned them if there was a sink, then put them back in the basket.

There is a sink in the bathroom but not in the room itself. You get the plates back into the basket, it is probably better to clean them later when there was access to brushes and soap and perhaps a dishwasher.

After that, he gave Colin a nod and and began his own morning routine of the banishing followed by a seated meditation to organize and try to integrate the mass amounts of experiences that had occurred in such a short period of time.

You work the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram and again you feel it calming and soothing your Avatar, she liked it's soft, gentle energies. You sit down and meditate to gather your thoughts. You can feel your Avatar sitting down beside you, wrapping you in her wings.
"Your home is in danger..."
She whispered in your ear.

(OOC: Ah Strife I think I forgot to welcome you back sorry about that I have been scatterbrained lately.)

(OOC 2: Warp we are going to need to get a gaming evening for MtG going sometime soon. I need to shine up the kitchen and I can have six guests here.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Anja's Post:

On hearing this, Nicole gave a tiny groan - advantage in numbers often didn't trump fortifications. 'I see... is there anything else I need to know? I think the standard introduction can wait until after the attack.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:01 pm

"No not right now, once we have gathered all the information we can we can make final preparations and finalize a battle plan...can I ask what your skills are Miss Bouchard so I know how to best make use of you during the attack."
Jeffry said and again his dark eyes returned to studying you carefully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a small, slightly evil-looking grin. 'One thing's gone in your favour today; I'm experienced in combat, and come with my own gear. Prefer firearms, but can do others too. Best bet is to keep friendlies out of my line of fire and let me thin 'em out. I'll go visit the chemist - if you don't mind - and have a little chat. See if I can rig up a few little "gifts" for them too. Perhaps the Adept too.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:58 pm

"I see well firearms are quite useful in a fight and do not tick of reality like magick do."
Jeffry said and nodded approvingly.
"I will make sure to make use of your talents for the attack then. As for our chemist Mr Von Hess would you like to see him first or be shown to your room so you can put away your things first."
Jeffry asked.
"I do think Mr Von Hess is either in his apartment with his wife or down in the lab in the basement...one thing though the man is skittish the Traditions are not always kind to hedge wizards like him and his life have not always been easy, please bare with it."
He said and he seamed concerned for a moment.
"He is a skilled man though and might be able to help you with whatever you are planning."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, understanding what the Hermetic meant but not really getting why; Science was Science, right?

'Will do. Is there anything else?' looking at both of the people in turn.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next