Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 14 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm

"Well we have been running out of time for a while and have taken our licks...the question is why would this prophetic child who communicate only in drawings insist we get this drawing now, and not that it be sent with our people who are still visiting Chantry Motningstar in Chicago as they return home?"
Jeffry asked seemingly concerned.

"Perhaps she fears that the message within the drawing is happening sooner than we think and it wouldn't have arrived in time if it had been given to our people in Chicago. Their is not that much sand in that hourglass." Serge suggested.

"That do make some sense and if that means what I think it means then that is not good news."
Narim said and frowned, Jeffry glanced up at him and nodded.
"You are thinking Larson have gotten what she need for her ritual?"
The Virtual Adept nodded.
"It could be one interpretation..."
He said and Master Morgan frowned at that.

"I could believe that. What does she need for her ritual?" Serge asked.

"Horizon...the Tradition's stronghold is a realm that have two moons, often when two moons show up in readings of some sort it is an indication of that place but it would not make much sense if we think the wolves signify Larson getting her sacrifices ready and also there is still her daughter that we safely and from what I understand it she still her her for the ritual."
Jeffry said and frowned deeper.

"Darn That makes things even more confusing. Perhaps they are targeting the Horizon for something? Or maybe they plan on going there? That makes the key image make a little more sense. Unlocking a passage way into Hoirizon?" Serge asked getting even more confused.

"As for her daughter, perhaps Larson found an alternative way to cast the ritual? Or this may signify that she may gain access to her daughter soon. Not too mention that their are three women depicted here. Can you think of three significant women who might be depicted here?"

"Take the time you need Mr Yager."
Jeffry said he he looked rather concerned though.

"I may need to sit down for this." Serge said glancing around for the chair he remembered sitting in during his first visit to the room.

Serge started breathing in and out slowly and deeply, remembering his training with his mentor. He concentrated on the picture on thought of nothing else, letting all of the disturbing thoughts in his mind clear and creating a blank surface within his mind with which he used to meditate on the picture, hoping to find some new information in his new-found clarity.

(((OOC: Rolling Intelligence + Meditation to meditate on the picture. Rolled: 3, 6, 8, 3, 10, 2)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 14 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Adley Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pm

He nodded, "Telling the dear girl that I know there's an attack coming where she is likely to die, and what will be her fate if she does... It's not pleasant, but I have to give her the informed choice when she is well enough to think clearly. And that will be sooner than most might expect."

"Talking about this makes me upset, amicus, no matter how many times it comes up. How can I protect her from a fate like those that are before us?"

Udella nodded but she still frowned and Crexia said. "Hum...well at least we can try to make sure your Cabalmate is protected during the battle so her chances of survival is greater now." She said then she added. "And I am glad the young woman seam to be recovering poor girl."
He nodded, "Once we get back, we're going to try to coax Mia into handing over two shards she collected from Beatrice during... well, Mia holds them close; not absorbing them, just keeping them safe. I think she recognized her child's soul..."

He sighed. "I'm glad we found an alternative to...well, other ideas that I was against, another glimpse I caught of doing something else that I thought was rather wrong. Thank Mia for us."

He nodded, "Between Mia and Master Telar, I'm fairly sure we can return the shards to their rightful owner. It's the fusing of the fragments that worries me - Mia has seamlessly incorporated a lot of fragments into herself, but whether or not she is able to do it with someone else... Well, it's likely to be rather a lot like an amputated finger, I suppose - it will heal better and quicker if it is stitched back on by an expert, and I understand there's no greater expert at that than Master Telar."
"Well Master Ir himself claim Master Telar is more skilled than him which would mean yes there would be no greater expert on Avatars, or at least none that I know of." The Tytalus said and she gave you a long long. "At least not...anymore...in either case i imagine integrating the shards back into Miss Alexander's soul are bound to cause her considerable discomfort and that might be hard for her to bare after all she have been though."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I'm afraid if Mia has any such great knowledge of Avatar manipulation, she's reluctant to share it with me - perhaps she would not want to head down that path again. And... there is another; the Dreamspeaker who came to Boston recently. He's got a unique knack for Avatars - if anyone alive can someday surpass Master Ir and Master Telar, I think it would be him, not me. And... I think Master Nassa, possibly with Shimmer's help, actually, may have ready some spiritual anaesthetic by now, or very soon. We'll do what we can, all of us, to make sure the operation goes as painlessly for Beatrice as can be done..."

"What do you mean, anymore, ma'am?"

"That could be how it happened...I do not think Teomim would be that easy to brainwash though but I guess no one is immune."
Crexia said and smiled a little. "The prophecy do not presesise how Teomim become Moloch it only says they grew in power and influence until they became like a good."

"I would like the exact wording on this prophesy again, please. Sometimes little things matter," he said. His mental exhaustion was starting to show, everyone's words were starting to sound a bit muffled, and he was struggling to keep alert now that the initial fury of it had passed.

He frowned, "Ah, remembering future Paradox incidents... one day, I will have to contend with a very angry rock... I might talk it into winged flight at some point..."
"Well that might make for an interesting story to tell the kids..." Crexia said and grinned

He raised an eyebrow at him. "I look forward to hearing that...then again, maybe I don't, I suppose it depends how you got into that situation and how well you get yourself out."

He grinned, then frowned and looked a little distant, "Well, I try... Though, hum... I suppose I had a small lapse of composure at the Post Office. The chap who met us with a hail of bullets at the bottom of the stairs..."

"He deserved it," Adley said. "You are rather...efficient with a knife..."

That is indeed disturbing but who would want to do that to the old warrior. I know him though not well, why single him out as a target?"
The archmage asked.
"I see, and that motive would be to make the man's Chantry more vulnerable then perhaps since you said he is the security chief there?"
Crexia asked.
He frowned, "Vittoria D'Angelo resides at that Chantry... Perhaps it would have been less about rendering the Chantry more vulnerable, and more about making sure he would not be... fit for duty. If someone were to accuse you of conspiring with the Fallen, I imagine it would be far easier to fend off those accusations by pointing out that the accuser appears to be diving headfirst into a Jhor Quiet..."

"Yes, it could be something as simple as that, something as simple as a foothold."

"That is...a disturbingly plausible and logical reason to do such a thing." Crexia said and she frowned.
"It seams we need to find a way to take these twins down before the defile everything my House stands for." Udella said angrily. "They can not be allowed to continue with what they are doing."
He nodded, "They might strive to become a new Teomim, but at this rate, they'll only accomplish that in the worst aspects... And we can't let that happen, for their sake or ours..."

"How did they even get this notion in mind in the first place?" he wondered.

Crexia nodded and once you pressed play you heard Flavio's voice. "Ok...I do not really know much...just thought you wanted to know about that to stay clear of them...yeah that is all I think."
He frowned, "Son of a... Well, that Verbena doctor in Brazil would explain why Abigail came for the package... and knowing there's no love lost between Larson and her Labyrinth's Handler, that will help when I, ah, try to negotiate with said Handler. Infernalist Massassa, though... that does not sound good."

"Hm, well that at least points to whom might be involved in Brazil...infernalist vampires, I assume we're not talking about Tremere, or he would have said so," he frowned. "So, if this doctor requested the material for some type of...reason, as to what I still don't know, and the person who had it sent it to them in good faith, then it would be a matter of intercepting it while it was with the Mercere. Assuming that some of these people we've heard of or some of the barrrabi knew the common route and station, the rest would be left to to timing and watching..."

"It could...hum we might need to talk with some of the members of that particular research Chantry." Crexia said and sigh. "I will contact them and ask for a meeting I am sure I can find some perfectly innocent excuse to do so. You are negotiating with the Handler of Lisa Larson's Labyrinth...that sounds rather risky."
He smiled, "Ah, that's a quote from a book I have it on very good authority the Handler is fond of. A copy of that book combined with an unusually-named butter brand I will have to raid a Chantrymate's fridge for will serve as a sufficiently amusing bribe to gain the Handler's attention, according to the story I will apparently tell my apprentice about the whole thing."
"So your plan is to offer a book and a...pack of butter to the Handler of this ship slash Labyrinth and then once you have her attention get her to turn again Laron...that is a pretty tall order, than again I have seen you pulling of some rather...amazing stunts young man so perhaps you can do it." Crexia said though she still looked a little doubtful.

"Yes, about that...another hint, then...well, we'll have to get you there first...so you can butter them up. Literally."

Udella commented then Crexia spoke again. "Infernalist Massassa that sounds like something where you want to make like a Flambeau and set on fire." The lich said darkly.
He nodded, "Negotiating with the Handler does sound risky, however, I do have an ace up my sleeve, as it were. Observe the plans within plans within plans..." He grimaced, "Infernalist Massassa does indeed seem to call for the liberal use of flamethrowers and fireballs... Hum, I wonder, would it be possible to use my little Rote to draw power from said vampires' blood directly to fuel a fireball?"

"I guess I should be careful what I ask for," he said, in a sleepy tone of voice. He leaned his head against the chair again and closed his eyes. Just for a moment. By the time they were discussing his mentor's prowess in firespells, he's fallen asleep, the voices of his friend and soldales muffling into a comforting background noise, despite the topics at hand...

// when you've got a Sta of 2 and have been up for this long, in several high strung battles, got hurt in places you shouldn't hurt in, your adrenaline runs out and are finally in a relatively safe space and not in imminent danger, I figure this is about when his body would start to win out xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Colin and Adley:

Colin chuckled, then turned a little more serious, "That might take less time than one might expect - I might be an Orphan, but my methods hear at least a resemblance to Hermetic methods, or at least the fictional representations of wizardry, and she has a fairly solid Hermetic-based background. Still, I will have to wait until she is sufficiently trusted, so that training proper can begin, too..."

True enough...hum do you know anything about the child's capabilities when it comes to magick, I know the Nephandi found her useful for combat so I doubt she is newly Awakened."
Crexia asked.

He nodded, "Or perhaps when I have the means to go searching myself..."

"That might indeed be the best way to go about it, albeit the most dangerous one."
The archmage said and grinned.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, I'm afraid if Mia has any such great knowledge of Avatar manipulation, she's reluctant to share it with me - perhaps she would not want to head down that path again.

Crexia nodded at that.
"Hum..."
Was all she had to say about it though.

And... there is another; the Dreamspeaker who came to Boston recently. He's got a unique knack for Avatars - if anyone alive can someday surpass Master Ir and Master Telar, I think it would be him, not me.

"Yes you spoke about this man, he could call Avatars out of their hosts bodies where not that so, a most interesting person, he might indeed posses a rare talent."

And... I think Master Nassa, possibly with Shimmer's help, actually, may have ready some spiritual anaesthetic by now, or very soon. We'll do what we can, all of us, to make sure the operation goes as painlessly for Beatrice as can be done..."

"I am sure you will, poor thing."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"I am intrigued though how are this anesthetic to be manufactured? Something created and cooked on a stove perhaps, transferred by the spirit who call itself Shimmer into the spiritual realms perhaps?"
She asked.
"If so that is a interesting idea..."

He frowned, "Yes, but someone posing as a friend or even an opponent in a debate; someone with centuries worth of lifespan, carefully working to convince someone with a comparable lifespan... No, it would not be an easy task, but it would be worth the attempt for anyone who so desired.

"That would be a creative way to do it and yes it might just work."
Crexia agreed.
"I would requite quite some effort but if the assert one aim to gain is important enough it might just be worth it."

It's the same basic trick the Fallen use; they pose as your friend, and then, once the association has gone on long enough, they spring their true nature on their target, who then can either go with them, or report them and be flayed for associating with the Nephandi. It's... distasteful, but I can't deny that it is effective..."

"Often they do not even need to use threats at that point for they have completely seduced their target, the best and most effective Nephandus from their point of view are the kind guy down the street that you will never suspect but who will slowly turn your views and mind to fit their agenda...our laws when it comes to associating with the Nephandi needs to be updated though to prevent it being used against our own people when simple talking and seduction is not enough to bring them to the Caul, we should take that weapon out of the Nephandi's hands."
Crexia said and frowned.

He grinned, "The latter was in fact advertised as so funny, it was banned in Norway. And yes, you should. I'm sure it could be quite easily arranged."

"I guess I must set aside some time and see those movies, perhaps with my new apprentice if she should accept the offer to be my student we will need something to bond over, and some good food and a few movies might just do the trick to get the ball rolling."
Udella said and smiled.

He smiled, "I'm afraid I don't have much of a wine cellar. However, I am prepared to stake a custom-made five-piece set of silverware for two - knife, spoon, fork, cake fork and teaspoon - against your bottle of good wine. Does that sound like a fair wager?"

"It do sound fair indeed, well then Mr Wainwright we have a deal, we will both cook cuisine from our homeland, host a dinner party and the food our guests most enjoy wins."
The old Enforcer said and offered her skinny old hand out to seal the deal.

He nodded, "I have no wish to drag House Guernicus through the mud - nor, do I think, does anyone else. They are a pair of bad apples, however, and if left to spoil the bunch... Well, let us not go there."

"I agree with you wholeheartedly old friend, I am just saying that we will meet resistance, it have been the same in many great organizations where the fear that one might lose face have overpowered the need for justice."
Udella said and frowned.
"Our path to bring the D'Angelo twins down will not be an easy one."

He nodded, "The book and the butter will be the, hm, icebreaker. After that... the negotiations begin. Even if I can accomplish nothing more than to keep her distracted while the others assault Larson, that will be beneficial. Anything beyond that... Well, we'll see."

"Well promise me you will be careful this creature will no doubt be powerful and she will have the resources of the ship at her fingertips, if she decided she no longer enjoys your company that can be quite fatal I fear though yes off course there is a good chance that keeping her distracted could make assaulting Larson allot easier...it might be worth the risk."
The archmage commented.

He smiled, "Need? Not so much, but he might thoroughly enjoy turning their power in on themselves in such a manner."

"Well I do have to admit that it have a certain delicious irony to it, in my experience though House Flambeau do not care so much how their enemies gets dead as long as they are no longer a threat to whatever they are protecting."
Crexia said and glanced over at Adley.

"Talking about this makes me upset, amicus, no matter how many times it comes up. How can I protect her from a fate like those that are before us?"

"Well this time around you will have prior knowledge Sodalis and help, perhaps things do not look as bleak as Mr Wainwright's vision paints it."
Udella said and smiled a little.

He sighed. "I'm glad we found an alternative to...well, other ideas that I was against, another glimpse I caught of doing something else that I thought was rather wrong. Thank Mia for us."

Crexia raised and eyebrow but did not ask what you meant about that.

"What do you mean, anymore, ma'am?"

"Master Teomim himself, there have never been anyone with grater understanding of Avatars and their nature and this was at a time when we had just discovered their existence I do wonder what they could have understood and learned if they had been alive today."
Crexia replied.

"I would like the exact wording on this prophesy again, please. Sometimes little things matter," he said. His mental exhaustion was starting to show, everyone's words were starting to sound a bit muffled, and he was struggling to keep alert now that the initial fury of it had passed.

"Well the prophesy was written down some time after it was received the great Seer speaks of how Moloch came to him and tells him to not act on his premonition that Teomim will betray the First Cabal, claiming to be an form of Teomim himself from the future who united the Order of Reason and the Traditions an enforced a harsh, Static Consensus that will never change and who now rule this wasteland with an iron hand. Moloch later said he was regretting is actions and where trying to stop them, that Teomim had the greatest potential of any mage that had ever existed and their power would continue to grow, that if jailed as they would be if the Seer revealed his visions his power and influence would continue to expand and the dark future would still come to pass. Moloch said the Betrayal had to happen or the Traditions would find no reason to execute Teomim before it was to late. The prophecy in it's entirety can be read in some early editions of the Fragile Path, I will lend you my copy if you desire to read it Sodalis."
Crexia said with a serious look in her eyes.
"Perhaps your should consider getting some rest before we continue this debate though..."
She suggested.

"As I understand it the man had just shot Miss Adlebloom so your reaction is quite understandable Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and smiled a little.

"Yes, it could be something as simple as that, something as simple as a foothold."

"We can not jump to conclusions off course but your Cabalmate's guess here is rather plausible Sodalis."
Udella commented.

"How did they even get this notion in mind in the first place?" he wondered.

"If this is what is going on, then you would have to ask them about that young man."
Crexia said.

"Hm, well that at least points to whom might be involved in Brazil...infernalist vampires, I assume we're not talking about Tremere, or he would have said so," he frowned.

"It is not likely that it is Clan Tremere members he is referring to no...as for the Verbena physician in Brazil I have some ideas about who that can be so I will look into it."
The old Tytalus commented.

"So, if this doctor requested the material for some type of...reason, as to what I still don't know, and the person who had it sent it to them in good faith, then it would be a matter of intercepting it while it was with the Mercere. Assuming that some of these people we've heard of or some of the barrrabi knew the common route and station, the rest would be left to to timing and watching..."

"Well knowing about the Mercere Chantry in Gary would not be to much of a stretch, I would not be surprised if the Nephandi know about all Traditionalist Chantries and Union Constructs in the area and the rest as you say is just a matter of watching and waiting for the package to arrive if they knew it was coming, and it might be their agent in Brazil who talked her Chantry into requesting the package so it would be out of Council hands and on the road so to speak where it would be vulnerable."
Crexia said and frowned.

"Yes, about that...another hint, then...well, we'll have to get you there first...so you can butter them up. Literally."

That comment made the two elder magae snicker just a little.

"I guess I should be careful what I ask for," he said, in a sleepy tone of voice. He leaned his head against the chair again and closed his eyes. Just for a moment. By the time they were discussing his mentor's prowess in firespells, he's fallen asleep, the voices of his friend and soldales muffling into a comforting background noise, despite the topics at hand...

Crexia looked at Adley and sigh then she stood and found one of the sleeping bags and laid it and a pillow on the floor then she gently touched the younger Hermetic's shoulder.
"Sodalis if you sleep sitting up like that your neck and shoulders will kill you by the time you wake up, here I have sleeping bags for you and your Cabalmate and the honored Quesitor can take the bed."
She said and pointed at the bedroll on the floor.
"Up we go and go to bed young man."
She ordered.

(OOC: I have a little dilemma, the full wording of the prophesy is in the Fragile Path and Crexia have eidetic memory so she would know it by heart but I am hesitant to copy it from the book word for word and post it in the thread for copyright reasons I do not want to give anyone any reason to close the game down.)

(OOC 2: Ok now I am going to work on Serge's reply I just want to get what I have written here posted before the forum eats it first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Serge:

"Perhaps she fears that the message within the drawing is happening sooner than we think and it wouldn't have arrived in time if it had been given to our people in Chicago. Their is not that much sand in that hourglass." Serge suggested.

"I would agree with that assessment Mr Yager and it do worry me."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"The young Criamon's warning do us little good unless we can decode her meaning though, then again communicating with the Sages have never been an easy task."

"I could believe that. What does she need for her ritual?" Serge asked.

Jeffry hesitated then he spoke, crossing each point of on his fingers.
"A widderslainte to sacrifice, which she might have though there are some indication she have sold out most of them, for what reason we do not know though, a mage skilled with chronomancy and her daughter, at least that are what we know about there might be other ingredients that we are not aware of."

"Darn That makes things even more confusing. Perhaps they are targeting the Horizon for something? Or maybe they plan on going there? That makes the key image make a little more sense. Unlocking a passage way into Hoirizon?" Serge asked getting even more confused.

"Horizon itself is well defended, off course no fortress is impossible to take but I would assume such a task would not be an easy one for Larson...she could have help on Horizon though he have some indication that there might be traitors...in our stronghold."
The old Flambeau said and Narim looked rather unsettled at the thought.

"As for her daughter, perhaps Larson found an alternative way to cast the ritual? Or this may signify that she may gain access to her daughter soon. Not too mention that their are three women depicted here. Can you think of three significant women who might be depicted here?"

"She might have I do not know how the damnable Nephandi ritual works...the woman's daughter is here in protective custody though so gaining assess to her means taking Steelhaven, not a plesant prospect in an of itself...hum...no not three women there are several women invoved in this, not just three and the number do not stand out."
The old mage commented.

"I may need to sit down for this." Serge said glancing around for the chair he remembered sitting in during his first visit to the room.

"Please do sit..."
Jeffry said and indicated the simple wooden chair you had used in your last visit to his office.

Serge started breathing in and out slowly and deeply, remembering his training with his mentor. He concentrated on the picture on thought of nothing else, letting all of the disturbing thoughts in his mind clear and creating a blank surface within his mind with which he used to meditate on the picture, hoping to find some new information in his new-found clarity.

You almost feel yourself falling into the strange landscape of the drawing. You do think you are right than the skinny and plump wolves indicate that the Nephandi have found the items they need and so are ready to work their ritual or at least that they have found a way to find all three things they where looking for, time was indeed running out. Three seamed significant but you could not figure out exactly how it all fit but you think perhaps there have been two attacks on the Chantry and a third was coming, and your side where running out of time, however time itself was a factor beyond the need to hurry. You do think Horizon is relevant but do not know the exact reference nor who the women might be but you think something will happen to Steelhaven, a break in, an attack, something and soon..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Jeffry hesitated then he spoke, crossing each point of on his fingers.
"A widderslainte to sacrifice, which she might have though there are some indication she have sold out most of them, for what reason we do not know though, a mage skilled with chronomancy and her daughter, at least that are what we know about there might be other ingredients that we are not aware of."

"O-o-ok then." Serge stammered remembering his uncle's fears. "That's...worrying. All of those items....are here."

"Horizon itself is well defended, off course no fortress is impossible to take but I would assume such a task would not be an easy one for Larson...she could have help on Horizon though he have some indication that there might be traitors...in our stronghold."
The old Flambeau said and Narim looked rather unsettled at the thought.

"That is a troubling thought." Serge admitted looking just as uneasy as the other two mages. "Horizon definitely plays a part in this. I just need to figure out what."

"She might have I do not know how the damnable Nephandi ritual works...the woman's daughter is here in protective custody though so gaining assess to her means taking Steelhaven, not a plesant prospect in an of itself...hum...no not three women there are several women invoved in this, not just three and the number do not stand out."
The old mage commented.

"We should probably make sure she's still there. It'd be really dumb if by the time we deciphered this she somehow escaped. I know that she is probably under a lot of security but it wouldn't hurt to be sure." Serge suggested.

You almost feel yourself falling into the strange landscape of the drawing. You do think you are right than the skinny and plump wolves indicate that the Nephandi have found the items they need and so are ready to work their ritual or at least that they have found a way to find all three things they where looking for, time was indeed running out. Three seamed significant but you could not figure out exactly how it all fit but you think perhaps there have been two attacks on the Chantry and a third was coming, and your side where running out of time, however time itself was a factor beyond the need to hurry. You do think Horizon is relevant but do not know the exact reference nor who the women might be but you think something will happen to Steelhaven, a break in, an attack, something and soon..."

Serge woke with a start and immediately said "I think we're going to be attacked!"

Taking a couple of breaths to pace himself before explaining what he saw. "Ok so I just had a little meditate and a couple of things are clearer to me now. I think we were right to assume that the wolves represent the fact that the Nephandi have gotten or at least found out how to obtain all of the items that they need. What's even more worry is that all of those items can be found here."

"Horizon is definitely shown here but I don't know for what purpose. Do they plan entering it or using it? Have they already used it? Are they going to perform their ritual there?"

"It didn't occur to me at first but three is an important theme in this picture. Three women, three skinny wolves, three plump wolves, and three important items needed for that ritual that just so happen to be here. What that could mean is foggy but it is worrying that this chantry has been attacked only two times. I think a third attack is coming. I think something is going to happen at Steelhaven...soon. I don't know what that "something" might be though."

(((OOC: Can you write the prophecy in your own words? Or perhaps private message the prophecy so that it can't be viewed publicly.)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Serge:

"O-o-ok then." Serge stammered remembering his uncle's fears. "That's...worrying. All of those items....are here."

Yes the thought have crossed my mind, we should be fairly well protected though but we should not be overconfident there have been attempts of sorts on the Chantry before.
Jeffry said and he frowned deeply.

"That is a troubling thought." Serge admitted looking just as uneasy as the other two mages. "Horizon definitely plays a part in this. I just need to figure out what."

"It is not a plesant thought that the place where our values should be the safest, Horizon itself might house a traitor, for now though I will worry about Steelhaven and Boston, the rest of the world can wait."
The Hermetic said and tapped his fingers on his desk.
"There is something here we are missing."

"We should probably make sure she's still there. It'd be really dumb if by the time we deciphered this she somehow escaped. I know that she is probably under a lot of security but it wouldn't hurt to be sure." Serge suggested.

"I have placed a guard on Miss Larson's door yes but she is here willingly, therefore the protective custody part she is not a prisoner nor is she a Nephandus...it will not hurt to check on her though, just to be sure."
Jeffry said.
"I will go and do so."
Narim offered and the Hermetic nodded.
"Very well, thank you Narim."
He said. The Virtual Adept gave both you and Jeffry a polite nod before he hurried out of the security office to check on Larson's daughter.

Serge woke with a start and immediately said "I think we're going to be attacked!"

Jeffry's eyes widened a little but he took it in one stride.
"I see, do you know when?"
He asked sharply.

Taking a couple of breaths to pace himself before explaining what he saw. "Ok so I just had a little meditate and a couple of things are clearer to me now. I think we were right to assume that the wolves represent the fact that the Nephandi have gotten or at least found out how to obtain all of the items that they need. What's even more worry is that all of those items can be found here."

"I agree, walk with me if you would be so kind Mr Yager and explain while I see to our defenses."
The old war mage said as he quickly got up and headed for the door, expecting you to obey and fall in line beside him.
"If there is an attack young man I want you to get yourself to the basement along with our wounded and non combatants unless you can fight and be an assert in the Chantry's defense."
He said in a matter of fact tone of voice.

"Horizon is definitely shown here but I don't know for what purpose. Do they plan entering it or using it? Have they already used it? Are they going to perform their ritual there?"

"No the ritual will be done in the Labyrinth that I am pretty sure of however for the rest, that is a worry but one that can wait until Steelhaven is safe..."

"It didn't occur to me at first but three is an important theme in this picture. Three women, three skinny wolves, three plump wolves, and three important items needed for that ritual that just so happen to be here. What that could mean is foggy but it is worrying that this chantry has been attacked only two times. I think a third attack is coming. I think something is going to happen at Steelhaven...soon. I don't know what that "something" might be though."

"Hum...the first time was one of our own, manipulated by the Nephandi who let loose an...abomination in the hallways and plotted to assassinate a Chantry member, a prisoner and a guest, the second was a...Bane spirit, not that I expect that to mean much to you who tried to get in last night...well if a third attack is forthcoming we are going to have to be ready for whatever comes our way...three you say, a powerful number the question is what the number of communication have to tell us,"
The old mage said as he hurried out of his office to check on the Chantry's defenses.

(OOC: Well private message it then I guess my players can just read it out of the book. I could rewrite it but it might be difficult to do so and still keep all the details intact.)

Nicole:

You are driving towards Boston, you have just started the last leg of the trip, the air was cold, clear and with a promise of rain to come. If you are lucky you would arrive at Chantry Westchapel where your Mentor's contact lives in time for breakfast, though the elderly Etherite had warned you that his Chantry might not have room for another mage, but that he would try to get you placed with one of the other Chantries in the city. The sun had just risen and where shining through a veil of gray clouds, at least that meant you might find a safe harbor here for a while.

You had taken one of the smaller roads into the city and driven by several suburban areas, now there was more traffic though as you where nearing the city core, according to your Mentor's directions Westchapel where located on the outskirts of Boston, in an old sawmill and furniture factory, soon a big old yellow building rise up before you, it looked half decrepit with paint flaking off, on the parking lot stood several fairly normal cars though and indicated that this place that should be empty where very much in use, so you might have reached your destination.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:42 pm

True enough...hum do you know anything about the child's capabilities when it comes to magick, I know the Nephandi found her useful for combat so I doubt she is newly Awakened."
Crexia asked.
Colin nodded, "She Awakened as a toddler, I think - or at least, I believe she was Awakened before she could really remember. As for her capabilities, she's a pretty damned quick counterspeller - doesn't seem too skilled with actual damage, whether inflicting or preventing - and she's quite refined with wards. A surprisingly delicate touch, considering her brutish powerhouse of a Mentor. In fact, I would liken her wardweaving to your needlework there - precise and smooth."

"That might indeed be the best way to go about it, albeit the most dangerous one."
The archmage said and grinned.
He grinned, "And you say that before you hear which ship I was thinking of flying on such an expedition..."

"Well this time around you will have prior knowledge Sodalis and help, perhaps things do not look as bleak as Mr Wainwright's vision paints it."
Udella said and smiled a little.
He frowned, "With her knowledge and consent... This is not a matter we can somehow sort out behind her back - not with what is at stake, in the present and the future..."

He nodded, " I agree - and while I did suggest that alternative, I only did so ignorant of how painful it would be."
He smiled and thought inward, "Do you hear that, Mia? Your children are grateful..."

"I am sure you will, poor thing."
Crexia said then she nodded.
"I am intrigued though how are this anesthetic to be manufactured? Something created and cooked on a stove perhaps, transferred by the spirit who call itself Shimmer into the spiritual realms perhaps?"
She asked.
"If so that is a interesting idea..."
He nodded, "Opium, willowbark extract, there are numerous natural painkillers that are made by boiling plants and the like - the perfect thing for a Verbena Master and a spirit of the air above the cookpots..."

"That would be a creative way to do it and yes it might just work."
Crexia agreed.
"I would requite quite some effort but if the assert one aim to gain is important enough it might just be worth it."
He nodded, "The forces of Evil are persistent and patient... We have to win every time, they just have to win the once..."

"Often they do not even need to use threats at that point for they have completely seduced their target, the best and most effective Nephandus from their point of view are the kind guy down the street that you will never suspect but who will slowly turn your views and mind to fit their agenda...our laws when it comes to associating with the Nephandi needs to be updated though to prevent it being used against our own people when simple talking and seduction is not enough to bring them to the Caul, we should take that weapon out of the Nephandi's hands."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "We need some serious legal reform... A penal code that essentially promotes an 'in for a penny, in for a pound' philosophy is... just bad."

"Well the prophesy was written down some time after it was received the great Seer speaks of how Moloch came to him and tells him to not act on his premonition that Teomim will betray the First Cabal, claiming to be an form of Teomim himself from the future who united the Order of Reason and the Traditions an enforced a harsh, Static Consensus that will never change and who now rule this wasteland with an iron hand. Moloch later said he was regretting is actions and where trying to stop them, that Teomim had the greatest potential of any mage that had ever existed and their power would continue to grow, that if jailed as they would be if the Seer revealed his visions his power and influence would continue to expand and the dark future would still come to pass. Moloch said the Betrayal had to happen or the Traditions would find no reason to execute Teomim before it was to late. The prophecy in it's entirety can be read in some early editions of the Fragile Path, I will lend you my copy if you desire to read it Sodalis."
Crexia said with a serious look in her eyes.
"Perhaps your should consider getting some rest before we continue this debate though..."
She suggested.
He frowned, "Now, I read the Fragile Path just this week... Let me think..."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "I look forward to hearing that...then again, maybe I don't, I suppose it depends how you got into that situation and how well you get yourself out."
He grimaced, "I don't particularly look forward to finding out, myself - on the other hand, it seems a fairly mild case of Paradox, so... I suppose it could have gone far worse."

"I guess I must set aside some time and see those movies, perhaps with my new apprentice if she should accept the offer to be my student we will need something to bond over, and some good food and a few movies might just do the trick to get the ball rolling."
Udella said and smiled.
He nodded, "It could be arranged, I'm sure."

"It do sound fair indeed, well then Mr Wainwright we have a deal, we will both cook cuisine from our homeland, host a dinner party and the food our guests most enjoy wins."
The old Enforcer said and offered her skinny old hand out to seal the deal.
He grinned and shook Udella's hand, "Agreed. And... to make it a little more interesting, why not let our respective Security Chiefs draw two guests at random for each Chantry, to ensure as unbiased a jury as possible?"

"As I understand it the man had just shot Miss Adlebloom so your reaction is quite understandable Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and smiled a little.
He frowned, "Be that as it may, it was quite... uncontrolled. Though I suspect the man had a pretty good bullet shield up, so I guess shooting back at him would have been counterproductive..."

"We can not jump to conclusions off course but your Cabalmate's guess here is rather plausible Sodalis."
Udella commented.
He nodded, "If nothing else, it's a viable hypothesis - but there are obviously other possible explanations as well. None of them good, I'm afraid..."

"I agree with you wholeheartedly old friend, I am just saying that we will meet resistance, it have been the same in many great organizations where the fear that one might lose face have overpowered the need for justice."
Udella said and frowned.
"Our path to bring the D'Angelo twins down will not be an easy one."
He nodded, a hard look in his eyes, "Well, then, if Mohammed won't come to the mountain, we'll just have to bring the mountain down on Mohammed."

"Hm, well that at least points to whom might be involved in Brazil...infernalist vampires, I assume we're not talking about Tremere, or he would have said so," he frowned. "So, if this doctor requested the material for some type of...reason, as to what I still don't know, and the person who had it sent it to them in good faith, then it would be a matter of intercepting it while it was with the Mercere. Assuming that some of these people we've heard of or some of the barrrabi knew the common route and station, the rest would be left to to timing and watching..."
He nodded thoughtfully.

That comment made the two elder magae snicker just a little.
He nodded, "Her. She's allegedly an old, powerful woman named Dalisse. I'm not familiar with the name, but... perhaps someone has heard it before?"
He sighed, "As for getting there... I have a good idea of how I can get there, and on board the ship, but unless another idea comes along, Chief Morgan will have conniptions. I just hope he's got insurance for his newly-inherited shuttle..."

"Well promise me you will be careful this creature will no doubt be powerful and she will have the resources of the ship at her fingertips, if she decided she no longer enjoys your company that can be quite fatal I fear though yes off course there is a good chance that keeping her distracted could make assaulting Larson allot easier...it might be worth the risk."
The archmage commented.
He nodded, "Suffice to say, I will be polite, but I'm not so daft as to go unarmed. The thing is, the Handler's room should have a quite direct access to the polyp's brain, so worst case scenario... Well, I might be able to attack their connection to knock her out, though... I should rather prefer not to have to kill her, though..."

"Well I do have to admit that it have a certain delicious irony to it, in my experience though House Flambeau do not care so much how their enemies gets dead as long as they are no longer a threat to whatever they are protecting."
Crexia said and glanced over at Adley.
He nodded, "In any case, there are likely other more easily available sources for a little extra Quintessence for tactical use than that within the enemies' bodies..."

Crexia looked at Adley and sigh then she stood and found one of the sleeping bags and laid it and a pillow on the floor then she gently touched the younger Hermetic's shoulder.
"Sodalis if you sleep sitting up like that your neck and shoulders will kill you by the time you wake up, here I have sleeping bags for you and your Cabalmate and the honored Quesitor can take the bed."
She said and pointed at the bedroll on the floor.
"Up we go and go to bed young man."
She ordered.
He smiled wryly, "He's had a rough day, I suppose - been through some things he's not been forced to endure before. I guess I've also had the benefit of a bit more sleep recently than he has... Hum, well, while he's sleeping, I suppose I can get these forms filled in before I get some sleep of my own."

((OOC: Well, I've just read through the prophecy - but an important question arises: The copy Colin read when he was transcribing the speech for Beatrice - was that an early enough copy to include the prophecy, or was that an expurgated edition?))

((OOC2: Hello, Nicole. Still trouble with posting? No character sheet yet?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:47 pm

"I have placed a guard on Miss Larson's door yes but she is here willingly, therefore the protective custody part she is not a prisoner nor is she a Nephandus...it will not hurt to check on her though, just to be sure."
Jeffry said.
"I will go and do so."
Narim offered and the Hermetic nodded.
"Very well, thank you Narim."
He said. The Virtual Adept gave both you and Jeffry a polite nod before he hurried out of the security office to check on Larson's daughter.

"We might want to check up on a few other people as well." Serge said being careful with his words.  

Jeffry's eyes widened a little but he took it in one stride.
"I see, do you know when?"
He asked sharply.

"I have no idea..." Serge said truthfully.

"But judging by the fact that the kid wanted us to see it immediately and the whole "hourglass running out of sand" is still a part of the drawing I'd have to say that it'll happen soon. Probably Today. Although that is not a guarantee. Speaking of that hourglass it probably has a greater meaning to it beyond just us running out of time. You said that one of the items for the ritual was a chronomancer right? Could it be representing that as well? Time seems to be an important factor as well."

"I agree, walk with me if you would be so kind Mr Yager and explain while I see to our defenses."
The old war mage said as he quickly got up and headed for the door, expecting you to obey and fall in line beside him.

Serge wasted no time following the old mage and walked alongside him.

"If there is an attack young man I want you to get yourself to the basement along with our wounded and non combatants unless you can fight and be an assert in the Chantry's defense."
He said in a matter of fact tone of voice.

"Understood. The most I can do for defenses is set up minor wards but it wouldn't be powerful and I'm sure you guys have some better ones in place. I'm not that best at combat, I'll head to the basement if any fighting starts." Serge said still a little shaken by what he saw.

"But why now? What changed now? Have they been plotting this?" Serge thought nervously as he began to doubt his own interpretation of the picture.

"Hum...the first time was one of our own, manipulated by the Nephandi who let loose an...abomination in the hallways and plotted to assassinate a Chantry member, a prisoner and a guest, the second was a...Bane spirit, not that I expect that to mean much to you who tried to get in last night...well if a third attack is forthcoming we are going to have to be ready for whatever comes our way...three you say, a powerful number the question is what the number of communication have to tell us,"
The old mage said as he hurried out of his office to check on the Chantry's defenses.

"It's important to note that this doesn't have to be an all out siege. All I could think of was that something was going to happen to the chantry. It could be an attack, or it could be an elaborate stealthy heist to steal those ritual items. It might have started without anyone of us realizing." Serge pondered as he walked alongside the old mage.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 am

He frowned, "With her knowledge and consent... This is not a matter we can somehow sort out behind her back - not with what is at stake, in the present and the future..."

"I wasn't implying otherwise, Colin," he said.

He nodded, " I agree - and while I did suggest that alternative, I only did so ignorant of how painful it would be." He smiled and thought inward, "Do you hear that, Mia? Your children are grateful..."

"It destroyed them, stripping them like that...and yet they lived, in agony in a prison cell. All I could do was be there with them..." He shook his head, dislodging the thought. "And yes, of course I am grateful." He gave Colin a smile.

"Master Teomim himself, there have never been anyone with grater understanding of Avatars and their nature and this was at a time when we had just discovered their existence I do wonder what they could have understood and learned if they had been alive today." Crexia replied.

"Ah, of course..."

"Well the prophesy was written down some time after it was received...Perhaps your should consider getting some rest before we continue this debate though..."

"I can't hardly even hold the overview in mind well enough right now," he admitted.

He frowned, "Be that as it may, it was quite... uncontrolled. Though I suspect the man had a pretty good bullet shield up, so I guess shooting back at him would have been counterproductive..."

"Quite likely."

He nodded, "Her. She's allegedly an old, powerful woman named Dalisse. I'm not familiar with the name, but... perhaps someone has heard it before?" He sighed, "As for getting there... I have a good idea of how I can get there, and on board the ship, but unless another idea comes along, Chief Morgan will have conniptions. I just hope he's got insurance for his newly-inherited shuttle..."

"Dare I even ask, or shall I wait and hear it when you tell my pater?"

"It is not likely that it is Clan Tremere members he is referring to no...as for the Verbena physician in Brazil I have some ideas about who that can be so I will look into it."The old Tytalus commented.

"Very well, thank you."

Crexia looked at Adley and sigh then she stood and found one of the sleeping bags and laid it and a pillow on the floor then she gently touched the younger Hermetic's shoulder. "Sodalis if you sleep sitting up like that your neck and shoulders will kill you by the time you wake up, here I have sleeping bags for you and your Cabalmate and the honored Quesitor can take the bed." She said and pointed at the bedroll on the floor. "Up we go and go to bed young man."

He started awake and gave a confused look at Crexia, Udella and Colin. Thankfully, it just seemed as if he'd nodded off and he seemed a bit embarrassed. "Wh...? Oh,..I'm sorry..." he muttered, rubbing a hand across his face. "I need some rest," he said, apologetically. He got up and moved over to the bedroll, opening it up. "Thank you," he said, unrolling it and pulling himself inside of it. His head hit the pillow and he gave a huff of a sigh, like a dog that had found the right spot on the carpet after turning around three times, and tried to go back to sleep until he was needed.

// no problem, like Warp said, just let us know the fidelity for our PCs - if it's the same as in the Fragile Path then I can find it as well. Adley's not really at a point to digest all that more than that anyway, atm ^_^

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:00 am

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, "She Awakened as a toddler, I think - or at least, I believe she was Awakened before she could really remember. As for her capabilities, she's a pretty damned quick counterspeller - doesn't seem too skilled with actual damage, whether inflicting or preventing - and she's quite refined with wards. A surprisingly delicate touch, considering her brutish powerhouse of a Mentor. In fact, I would liken her wardweaving to your needlework there - precise and smooth."

Yes I remember the ward's on the child's chambers in the Labyrinth quite impressive work...a counterspeller can be quite useful in a fight it seams that her talents fall along the lines of studying magick itself, quite interesting."
Crexia said and nodded.
"She is going to be a handful then for you to develop her further Mr Wainwright. Ad for precision, sometimes it is what is needed."
She said and ran her hand over the flowery spiral design she was sewing onto her black embroidery cloth.

He grinned, "And you say that before you hear which ship I was thinking of flying on such an expedition..."

"Dare I even ask?"
The old archmage said and raised and eyebrow.

He nodded, " I agree - and while I did suggest that alternative, I only did so ignorant of how painful it would be."
He smiled and thought inward, "Do you hear that, Mia? Your children are grateful..."

Mia seamed to be happy, she glanced out at your soul at Adley fondly even if she felt like she was wraped in cotton right now.

He nodded, "Opium, willowbark extract, there are numerous natural painkillers that are made by boiling plants and the like - the perfect thing for a Verbena Master and a spirit of the air above the cookpots..."

"Hum...please let me know how it works out, if this method bear fruit making a deal with Shimmer to make such medicine for others who suffer injuries to their souls would be a boon, I mean we can help technomancers using regular painkillers as for them their Avatars is part of their brain, well most often at least, but for mystics there have been nothing to be done."
Crexia said and she nodded approvingly.

He nodded, "The forces of Evil are persistent and patient... We have to win every time, they just have to win the once..."

"Unfortunately that is the truth of it."

He nodded, "We need some serious legal reform... A penal code that essentially promotes an 'in for a penny, in for a pound' philosophy is... just bad."

"We need to go before the Council and argue against that penal code but it will take time, and perhaps something to wake them up."
Udella chimed in.

"The prophecy was taken out of newer editions but if Steelhaven have one of the older books you might have read it then or can study the wording when you get your hands on a copy."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded, "It could be arranged, I'm sure."

"I appreciate it old friend."
Udella said and smiled.

He grinned and shook Udella's hand, "Agreed. And... to make it a little more interesting, why not let our respective Security Chiefs draw two guests at random for each Chantry, to ensure as unbiased a jury as possible?"

"Good idea...but why not three, food is better when shared by more people."
The old Gurnicus agreed as she shook your hand.
"I have to say I quite look forward to this duel of ours old friend."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Such fits of rage can be...dangerous but at times they can also be useful and it seams you did not completely abandon reason when you planned your way of attack."

He nodded, "If nothing else, it's a viable hypothesis - but there are obviously other possible explanations as well. None of them good, I'm afraid..."

"Off course it is not a done conclusion but it is a possibility that makes sense."
Udella said and frowned.
"And no I do not suspect any such possibilities to be particularly good."

He nodded, a hard look in his eyes, "Well, then, if Mohammed won't come to the mountain, we'll just have to bring the mountain down on Mohammed."

Udella was about to nod when Crexia chimed it.
"And if need be beat him over the head with the mountain until he sees reason."
She said firmly.

He nodded, "Her. She's allegedly an old, powerful woman named Dalisse. I'm not familiar with the name, but... perhaps someone has heard it before?"
He sighed, "As for getting there... I have a good idea of how I can get there, and on board the ship, but unless another idea comes along, Chief Morgan will have conniptions. I just hope he's got insurance for his newly-inherited shuttle..."

The two older magae shook their heads to say they did not know the handler's name.
"Well if the ship is downed that means it is close to physical reality so you should probably be able to get to it though a pen Umbra gate however using a ship might let you find a less guarded entrance."
Crexia mushed.
"It is not a bad idea."

He nodded, "Suffice to say, I will be polite, but I'm not so daft as to go unarmed. The thing is, the Handler's room should have a quite direct access to the polyp's brain, so worst case scenario... Well, I might be able to attack their connection to knock her out, though... I should rather prefer not to have to kill her, though..."

Crexia nodded.
"Well even a powerful mage generally go down if you get though with a bullet the question is if she will let her guard down enough for you to get to her."
She said.
"And getting to the ship's brain might be even harder than attacking the Handler herself."

He nodded, "In any case, there are likely other more easily available sources for a little extra Quintessence for tactical use than that within the enemies' bodies..."

"My thoughts exactly, using what is in a massassa itself might be ironic but it is needlessly complicated when there are easier ways to do it."
Crexia said and nodded as she went to tend to the half sleeping Adley.

He smiled wryly, "He's had a rough day, I suppose - been through some things he's not been forced to endure before. I guess I've also had the benefit of a bit more sleep recently than he has... Hum, well, while he's sleeping, I suppose I can get these forms filled in before I get some sleep of my own."

"Oh I don't blame him his need for sleep young man, he have been through allot, but I hope I can get him down onto the bedrolls as his body will not thank him for sleeping sitting in a chair and I would not like to use Auram to levitate him down there, though I could it seams...rude."
Crexia said and Udella looked over at you.
"Do you need any help with those forms Mr Wainwright.?"

"It destroyed them, stripping them like that...and yet they lived, in agony in a prison cell. All I could do was be there with them..." He shook his head, dislodging the thought. "And yes, of course I am grateful." He gave Colin a smile.

"That is quite horrible...and I assume it was done to a prisoner then who had no say in the matter."
Udella said her eyes darkening for a moment.
"I am glad an alternative was found to such an action."

"Why do I get the inkling that you will be able to boil and egg in a glass of water in that room during that conversation?"
Crexia commented dryly.

"Very well, thank you."

Crexia nodded.
"I will get back to you on what I find Sodalis."

He started awake and gave a confused look at Crexia, Udella and Colin. Thankfully, it just seemed as if he'd nodded off and he seemed a bit embarrassed. "Wh...? Oh,..I'm sorry..." he muttered, rubbing a hand across his face. "I need some rest," he said, apologetically. He got up and moved over to the bedroll, opening it up. "Thank you," he said, unrolling it and pulling himself inside of it. His head hit the pillow and he gave a huff of a sigh, like a dog that had found the right spot on the carpet after turning around three times, and tried to go back to sleep until he was needed.

Going back to sleep was not that hard, you where fed, warm, safe and comfortable and tired beyond belief so sleep came easy wrapping your battered body in soft, healing slumber. You heard the others move around then you did not hear them anymore as you slept deeply.

(OOC: The Prophesy is in the copies of the Fragile Path that Steelhaven have in it's library.)
(OOC 2: Nicole's player preferred to work on the character sheet over PM.)
(OOC 3: I would say the fidelity is pretty good for the most part.)

Serge:

"We might want to check up on a few other people as well." Serge said being careful with his words.

"We will make sure everyone is safe Mr Yager but was there anyone in particular you where thinking about?"
Jeffry said as he walked.

"I have no idea..." Serge said truthfully.

"But judging by the fact that the kid wanted us to see it immediately and the whole "hourglass running out of sand" is still a part of the drawing I'd have to say that it'll happen soon. Probably Today. Although that is not a guarantee.

"You are likely correct about that."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Since our people are set to return from Chicago within the hour."

Speaking of that hourglass it probably has a greater meaning to it beyond just us running out of time. You said that one of the items for the ritual was a chronomancer right? Could it be representing that as well? Time seems to be an important factor as well."

"It can at that, exactly how I am not completely sure of but time itself, beyond what time we have to act is an factor here, as as for chronomancers that means the ones we have will need to be protected, just to be sure."
The Hermetic said.

"Understood. The most I can do for defenses is set up minor wards but it wouldn't be powerful and I'm sure you guys have some better ones in place. I'm not that best at combat, I'll head to the basement if any fighting starts." Serge said still a little shaken by what he saw.

"But why now? What changed now? Have they been plotting this?" Serge thought nervously as he began to doubt his own interpretation of the picture.

"We have an Aegis of the Heart our wards are...fairly good if I do say so myself."
Jeffry said and smiled just a little indicating he was one of those who had cast said wards.
"And we had a terrified young Verbena needing something to do with her magick some days ago who cast her own set of wards...as for why the Fallen might be attack, that is hard to say my main guess is that they want Miss Larson back but they can also be annoyed that we have been rather effective in taking them down."
He said then he glanced at you.
"No from what your Mentor said you will be useless to me in a fight."
He said, there where no cruelty in the Security Chief's words he was just stating fact.
"But you might be useful in another way...how do you feel about being sent to Chicago to speak with the young sage who drew the picture and see if you can get any more clarity about it and then returning with our people there later?"
He asked.

"It's important to note that this doesn't have to be an all out siege. All I could think of was that something was going to happen to the chantry. It could be an attack, or it could be an elaborate stealthy heist to steal those ritual items. It might have started without anyone of us realizing." Serge pondered as he walked alongside the old mage.

"It would surprise me greatly if it was an all out siege it is not the Nephandi's style they are to affected by Paradox to risk it, no it is something else and we are going to have to be ready for it."
Jeffry said as he hurried up the stairs and expected you to follow.
"I do not know what they are planning and I do not like not knowing."
He added and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole wasn't a morning person. Normally, she'd like to have some time to allow the caffeine and sugar to warm up her spirits, to give her the mental strength to tolerate the world. It was unfair to make her do this still with the taste of toothpaste in the mouth. That and the motel's bed was too damn small. And the shower. Rolling her head around in an attempt to deal with the crick in the neck, Nicole parked up in the lot, killed the stereo, stubbed out the smoke and got out. Stretched out, gave herself the quick once-over. She'd made by her standards an effort; clean roll-neck, dark trousers, hiking trainers. Toned down the jewellery; just the plain silvers she wore for work. Looking up at the sky, grabbed her coat and then locked up.

Strode across the lot, towards the building, nerves increasing. Felt a lump in the coat pocket; turned out to be a wrapped cookie. Gratefully, tore off the paper and bit deep, only learning then that it was stale as hell. Found a bush, spat it out and pulled a face, remembering she'd not worn the coat for months... not since that. Looked back to the building, drew herself up and went to the front door. Time to do this shit.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:17 pm

You near the building, at first the old factory seamed as abandoned at the first glance would make you think, but then there was a tingle, not painful just a tingle as you stepped through something, the mystics called them wards, you remember the Hermetic in the Cabal you used to be a part of going on about them, for you though, well there was something there that was clear, some change in the wave spectrum of light perhaps, or some other shit you can't see without instruments and as the ward did not hurt you or stop you chances where the inhabitants of this Chantry now where aware of your presence.

A rusty, yellow metal door opened in the side of the old factory shortly after you had felt the presence of the ward and a woman in her mid fifties came out, she had a sharp face with thin lips and a well defined nose, her large dark eyes where pretty but there was a hard look to them as if she had seen to much, the woman's hair was short, dark brown and sprinkled with steel gray, she had on blue jeans and a large, green knitted sweater and slipped on a pair of glassed framed in equally green plastic as she glanced out at you.
"Who are you?"
The woman asked her voice was harsh and she was clearly on edge, one of her hands started forming sigils, discretely just to be ready if you came meaning trouble, you had seen your Hermetic friend make some of the same gestures when he worked his magick.
"What are you doing here?"
The middleaged woman demanded as she studied you carefully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Anja's Post:

'The name's Nicole.' the Scientist replied, giving what for her was a friendly smile, moving her hands into view, to show they were empty. 'Was asked to drop in to see [Doe] here when I got to Boston.' looking around the room curiously.

[Didn't give the contact's name]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

"Hum...yeah Renee said someone where dropping by from Detroit...Sons of Ether right?"
The woman said and ran a hand through her short, dark hair.
"Sorry for the jumpiness it have been a long...difficult week, come in, have you had breakfast?"
She said and she held the door open for you but she also glanced around a little nervously as to see if you had been followed.
"I am Elaine Hoffman Hermes bani Fortunae..."
She said politely.
"I will let Renee know that you are here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to the identity question, turned to look behind her to see the non-existent people, then shrugged. 'Won't say no, if it's on offer.' clearly perking up again; the motel's offerings were meagre and felt so long ago...

'Difficult week... how bad was it?' giving an a raised eyebrow of curiously, moving through the door, the fingers of her left hand drumming on her thigh.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:21 pm

"We still have some left over from breakfast so it is no bother, if you come with me to the cafeteria I will get you a plate and tell Renee that you are here."
Elaine said and moved into the old factory, the inside of the first floor was not that different from the outside only that you could hear people moving around and talking in a large, abandoned building.
"How bad it was? Well other than Nephandi attacks, one member of our Chantry being lost in...the worst thinkable way and...well let us just say it have been bad."
The Hermetic said as she led you down one corridor and into a room that looked allot less decrepit than the rest of what you had seen, it was a cafeteria with pale yellow walls strewn will small round tables. There was still a few late risers in here finishing up their morning meal, and the smell of fried eggs, bacon and coffee filled the room.
"Ehm...let me see there are eggs...some bacon...cereal...some buns I think, what would you like and do you want a cup of coffee?"
The Fortunae asked as you entered the cafeteria.
"It is nothing fancy, the food but it is home made."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Yes I remember the ward's on the child's chambers in the Labyrinth quite impressive work...a counterspeller can be quite useful in a fight it seams that her talents fall along the lines of studying magick itself, quite interesting."
Crexia said and nodded.
"She is going to be a handful then for you to develop her further Mr Wainwright. Ad for precision, sometimes it is what is needed."
She said and ran her hand over the flowery spiral design she was sewing onto her black embroidery cloth.
Colin grinned wryly, "Somehow, I doubt helping her develop further will be the greatest problem. Defending her until she can defend herself - that's likely to be a greater hindrance, but between her library and mine, I'm sure we can get started on the theoretical groundwork pretty soon."

"Dare I even ask?"
The old archmage said and raised and eyebrow.
He grinned, "I'm sure you have more than enough courage to ask... Miss Kelly's ship, the Mary's Seraphina. It needs cleansing, obviously, but... I think that with a little time and skilled help, it can be done. And once that is done... miss Kelly and I have agreed on one adventurous research expedition before she sells it."

"I wasn't implying otherwise, Colin," he said.
He nodded, "Of course, of course - just stating the obvious."

"Hum...please let me know how it works out, if this method bear fruit making a deal with Shimmer to make such medicine for others who suffer injuries to their souls would be a boon, I mean we can help technomancers using regular painkillers as for them their Avatars is part of their brain, well most often at least, but for mystics there have been nothing to be done."
He nodded, "I think it was Master Telar's idea, actually - but certainly, I'll let you know what comes of it. I do think the idea has an excellent chance of at least a degree of success, if not complete."

"We need to go before the Council and argue against that penal code but it will take time, and perhaps something to wake them up."
Udella chimed in.
He frowned, "We... might have the needed shock readily at hand, actually - or rather, it's coming around. It would seem the Blade of Senex has... made an irreversible decision."

"I can't hardly even hold the overview in mind well enough right now," he admitted.
"The prophecy was taken out of newer editions but if Steelhaven have one of the older books you might have read it then or can study the wording when you get your hands on a copy."
Crexia said and nodded.
He frowned, "I skimmed over most of the book, but the focus was Teomim's speech - Master Nassa forbade Beatrice to read the book on account of the illustrations, but she wanted to read the speech itself - so I started transcribing it, but ran out of time, so I wound up reading it to her instead... but let me think, if i recall correctly, the prophecy described Heylel as pale and bloodless in the..."
He frowned, "Well, bugger me sideways... I think I see how Teomim could have become Moloch... A Mage with severely Static Resonance is terrifying; Master Tolle is... not a soothing presence, to put it that way - but he only has one Avatar; what would happen if a Mage with two Pattern Avatars were to become severely Statically Resonated, possibly with a touch of Jhor as well? This is, of course, just a hypothesis, but... it would be a likely path for Teomim to go down after decades and centuries of methodical, systematic, logical refinement..."

"Good idea...but why not three, food is better when shared by more people."
The old Gurnicus agreed as she shook your hand.
"I have to say I quite look forward to this duel of ours old friend."
He nodded, "A panel of six judges, then. Very well."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Such fits of rage can be...dangerous but at times they can also be useful and it seams you did not completely abandon reason when you planned your way of attack."
He grimaced, "Er, well, I think it was more that I had the dagger in hand, and my gun was not working."

He smiled wryly, "Well, how do you thing Chief Morgan will react when I suggest using his shuttle to fly up to the downed polyp, step outside and whisper into the nearest ear-like protrusion?"

"Why do I get the inkling that you will be able to boil and egg in a glass of water in that room during that conversation?"
Crexia commented dryly.
He smiled thinly, "Well, I already advised him to bring a spare fire extinguisher into the room before we return. Hopefully, that will be enough - though there may be some blistering of the wallpaper."

The two older magae shook their heads to say they did not know the handler's name.
"Well if the ship is downed that means it is close to physical reality so you should probably be able to get to it though a pen Umbra gate however using a ship might let you find a less guarded entrance."
Crexia mushed.
"It is not a bad idea."
He smiled wryly, "How good the idea is depends on whether you own the shuttle in question, I suppose..."

Crexia nodded.
"Well even a powerful mage generally go down if you get though with a bullet the question is if she will let her guard down enough for you to get to her."
She said.
"And getting to the ship's brain might be even harder than attacking the Handler herself."
He nodded and looked up at Crexia, "However subtle the wizard, a dagger in the back will cramp their style... well, present company excepted, I guess. I will have to think on my feet; she might be ready for magic, but being treated courteously as a human being by an enemy might lower her guard enough for... something mundane."

He smiled, "Sleep well, Adley. See you in the, er, in a few hours."

"Oh I don't blame him his need for sleep young man, he have been through allot, but I hope I can get him down onto the bedrolls as his body will not thank him for sleeping sitting in a chair and I would not like to use Auram to levitate him down there, though I could it seams...rude."
Crexia said and Udella looked over at you.
"Do you need any help with those forms Mr Wainwright.?"
He nodded to Crexia, "Some chairs are more comfortable to sleep in than others - though these might not be the best..."
He smiled to Udella, "Yes, let's see, name of plaintiff is easy enough, subject of the complaint - Nurse Bosh's full name? Nature of complaint... Callous disregard for underage patients in her care, and reckless endangerment with nearly fatal results? Does that sound like a concise summary?"

((OOC: Welcome to the fold proper, Nicole. Please find a suitable corner to start unfolding. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:53 pm

"We will make sure everyone is safe Mr Yager but was there anyone in particular you where thinking about?"
Jeffry said as he walked.

"You know....chronomancers and widderslainte's. By the way Kyle is doing well. He seems happier now. If we both live to see tomorrow we're going to go to the library." Serge stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"You are likely correct about that."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Since our people are set to return from Chicago within the hour."

"If the enemy knows about that than it's likely they'll attack before they arrive. I mean it makes sense to attack when your enemy is missing soldiers." Serge said.

"No from what your Mentor said you will be useless to me in a fight."
He said, there where no cruelty in the Security Chief's words he was just stating fact.

Despite it being the obvious truth and Master Morgan meaning no harm in those words, Serge couldn't help but be a little hurt at those words.

"But you might be useful in another way...how do you feel about being sent to Chicago to speak with the young sage who drew the picture and see if you can get any more clarity about it and then returning with our people there later?"
He asked.

"If it'll help this chantry. I'm no use here but if I can help by going somewhere else I'll do it. Perhaps drawing with the sage may lead to some greater insights." Serge said with a tinge of worry in his voice. He couldn't help but feel worried about his uncle and Kyle. What if they were attacked while he was away. Could he do anything even if he stayed?

"It would surprise me greatly if it was an all out siege it is not the Nephandi's style they are to affected by Paradox to risk it, no it is something else and we are going to have to be ready for it."
Jeffry said as he hurried up the stairs and expected you to follow.
"I do not know what they are planning and I do not like not knowing."
He added and frowned.

"We have a lot of Nephandi prisoner's here. Perhaps the plan that involves them? If they somehow broke free and were given instruction it could be devastating. Granted they have guards around them so that it unlikely."
Serge suggested.

(((Hi Nicole! Hope to see your character soon.)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:25 pm

He nodded, "I think it was Master Telar's idea, actually - but certainly, I'll let you know what comes of it. I do think the idea has an excellent chance of at least a degree of success, if not complete."

"I'd like to see this as well, of course. I hope it works."

He frowned, "I skimmed over most of the book, but the focus was Teomim's speech - Master Nassa forbade Beatrice to read the book on account of the illustrations, but she wanted to read the speech itself - so I started transcribing it, but ran out of time, so I wound up reading it to her instead... but let me think, if i recall correctly, the prophecy described Heylel as pale and bloodless in the..."
He frowned, "Well, bugger me sideways... I think I see how Teomim could have become Moloch... A Mage with severely Static Resonance is terrifying; Master Tolle is... not a soothing presence, to put it that way - but he only has one Avatar; what would happen if a Mage with two Pattern Avatars were to become severely Statically Resonated, possibly with a touch of Jhor as well? This is, of course, just a hypothesis, but... it would be a likely path for Teomim to go down after decades and centuries of methodical, systematic, logical refinement..."

"Or become a Maurauder..."

He smiled wryly, "Well, how do you thing Chief Morgan will react when I suggest using his shuttle to fly up to the downed polyp, step outside and whisper into the nearest ear-like protrusion?"
Crexia commented dryly.
He smiled thinly, "Well, I already advised him to bring a spare fire extinguisher into the room before we return. Hopefully, that will be enough - though there may be some blistering of the wallpaper."

"There are certainly other ways to christen a ship than sending it straight into battle," he said, wryly.

He nodded, "Her. She's allegedly an old, powerful woman named Dalisse. I'm not familiar with the name, but... perhaps someone has heard it before?"He sighed, "As for getting there... I have a good idea of how I can get there, and on board the ship, but unless another idea comes along, Chief Morgan will have conniptions. I just hope he's got insurance for his newly-inherited shuttle..."
The two older magae shook their heads to say they did not know the handler's name. "Well if the ship is downed that means it is close to physical reality so you should probably be able to get to it though a pen Umbra gate however using a ship might let you find a less guarded entrance." Crexia mushed. "It is not a bad idea."

"Having their name might be helpful, if we get lost in there..." he said, looking thoughtful.

He smiled, "Sleep well, Adley. See you in the, er, in a few hours."

"Thank you, get some rest yourself, too, okay?" he said, groggily to his friend before he slumped into the bedroll. As he slid off towards sleep, he reached out towards his avatar and then the shard, almost as if to say goodnight, and then feel into a deep sleep.

// Welcome Nicole : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Colin and Adley:

Colin grinned wryly, "Somehow, I doubt helping her develop further will be the greatest problem. Defending her until she can defend herself - that's likely to be a greater hindrance, but between her library and mine, I'm sure we can get started on the theoretical groundwork pretty soon."

"That is likely going to be the most difficult thing of the whole process yes keeping the girl safe until she is in a position to take care of herself, taking over an apprentice originally trained by another have it's challenges though, she will have her own way of doing thing which might be hard for you to overcome to teach her in your own way."
Crexia said and gave you a little smile.

He grinned, "I'm sure you have more than enough courage to ask... Miss Kelly's ship, the Mary's Seraphina. It needs cleansing, obviously, but... I think that with a little time and skilled help, it can be done. And once that is done... miss Kelly and I have agreed on one adventurous research expedition before she sells it."

"I see...well Mr Wainwright I think perhaps it is a good thing that you are a Orphan, if you had a Mentor you would be giving the poor mage a heart attack from worrying over you with the stunts you pull...well I wish you both good luck on your ehm...adventures..."
Crexia said and she looked like she thought that you might just be slightly touched.

"I hope you are right, a way to help those who get a major Paradox backlash that strain their soul or other injuries to their Avatars have been sorely lacking. Thank you for agreeing to keep me informed."
She said politely and nodded.

He frowned, "We... might have the needed shock readily at hand, actually - or rather, it's coming around. It would seem the Blade of Senex has... made an irreversible decision."

"Oh dear...that can be...messy and while the woman is a widderslainte she have integrated well into the Traditions and her teacher is highly respected yes if she have been...arrested that will be a big shock for everyone..."
Udella said and Crexia frowned.
"Where do you have this information from Mr Wainwright?"
The old archmage asked.

"I can understand why Master Nassa would forbid his student looking at those illustrations they are what Master Porthos saw while Teomim was...well the way I understand it I do not need to elaborate that to you."
Crexia said and frowned.
"It surprise me you do not...react badly to those drawings yourself considering...well anyway I also understand why Miss Alexander would like to...read Teomim's speech they did face their fate with the gratest of courage...and in her situation..."

Crexia frowned deeply.
"I did not consider that possibility but yes I...have sometimes wondered what would happen if I...stopped resisting the pull of Stasis...there is another lich at this Chantry he carry the same name as the unfortunate boy we saved in the Labyrinth, and he...well bloodless is a good description then again he is a lich he do not technically speaking have blood but you get my meaning...and combine that with Jhor with someone as powerful as Teomim that is terrifying, truly terrifying. I do not know if their two Avatars would matter in the equation but...is sure is not to make it any better..."
She said and the old archmage seamed a little disturbed at that idea.

He nodded, "A panel of six judges, then. Very well."

"Very good, we have an accord then old friend?"

He grimaced, "Er, well, I think it was more that I had the dagger in hand, and my gun was not working."

"I see, well I can understand you being disturbed by such an outburst then they are not tactically favorable most of the time, but at least this time it lead to one dead Nephandus which is generally a good thing."
Crexia said with a reassuring smile.

Crexia grinned a little at that.

He smiled wryly, "How good the idea is depends on whether you own the shuttle in question, I suppose..."

"True enough, then again while expensive a shuttle can be replaced your life can not, nor the lives your plan might save among the magi storming the Labyrinth."
The Tytalus said softly.

He nodded and looked up at Crexia, "However subtle the wizard, a dagger in the back will cramp their style... well, present company excepted, I guess. I will have to think on my feet; she might be ready for magic, but being treated courteously as a human being by an enemy might lower her guard enough for... something mundane."

"True enough that and yes you might be able to charm the woman to let her guard down, but it is still be a dangerous thing to attempt. As for me and knives in the back...well it would hurt and ruin my dress but no it would not do much more, hopefully Larson's Hander have not walked the same path as me though."
The lich said and frowned.

He nodded to Crexia, "Some chairs are more comfortable to sleep in than others - though these might not be the best..."

"No these chairs are neither comfortable to sit or sleep in."
Crexia said and frowned.
"But since this room is not generally in use these old things have remained up here."

He smiled to Udella, "Yes, let's see, name of plaintiff is easy enough, subject of the complaint - Nurse Bosh's full name? Nature of complaint... Callous disregard for underage patients in her care, and reckless endangerment with nearly fatal results? Does that sound like a concise summary?"

"On plaintiff's name write up your own name and that you are complaining on behalf on your apprentice, you have given the girl the name Anna will you give her a surname as well?"
Udella asked.
"Ehm...let me think...Vanela...Vanela Bosh bani Verbena. I would fill in some details of what happened and note that alternative where available magick, herbs or pills could have been used to calm the child, or taking her out of the situation, be concise but make sure it is clear what happened."
The Enforcer advices.
"And frame it as an insult against you for harming your apprentice as the girl do not yet have any real rights but Tradition law."

"Or become a Maurauder..."

"Just like one can become lost to Jhor one can become so lost in Clarity that one can never return, these magi are forces of Stasis and nothing else, they are generally not called Marauders but they are the same thing only they are not Dynamic they are so trapped in the Static they...have become something inhuman..."
Crexia muttered her voice was strangely far of and she was shivering slightly.
"That is a terrible end to a willworker's path and my greatest fear, considering what I am chances are great I will become such a horror one day, and...I can not even be put out of my misery when I do...if that happened to Teomim...I am not so sure their fate in Council hands where any crueler."
She muttered then she took a deep breath clearly embarrassed by her own emotion.
"Ehm...sorry I em...well...yes well Teomim getting trapped in his on Clarity is an possibility for the birth of Malek..."
She said clearly flustered and trying to hide her own fear.

"Having their name might be helpful, if we get lost in there..." he said, looking thoughtful.

"Agreed even if it is just the woman's craft name it will have some connection to her."
Udella said and nodded.

"Thank you, get some rest yourself, too, okay?" he said, groggily to his friend before he slumped into the bedroll. As he slid off towards sleep, he reached out towards his avatar and then the shard, almost as if to say goodnight, and then feel into a deep sleep.

You could feel the warrior angel's wings wrapping around you, and the shard there a source of light, infantile yet but growing stronger. You felt something you think is caring from your Avatar as you drifted into sleep, she might only have human emotions because she was a part of you right now, but she clearly was fond of you in her own way.

Serge:

"You know....chronomancers and widderslainte's. By the way Kyle is doing well. He seems happier now. If we both live to see tomorrow we're going to go to the library." Serge stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jeffry gave a smile at that.
"Thank you Mr Yager, I am glad you managed to cheer the boy up a little, I am concerned about him. We are going to just have to make sure we all live, well at least that you children survive..."
He said seriously.
"And going to the library, that is a good idea."

"If the enemy knows about that than it's likely they'll attack before they arrive. I mean it makes sense to attack when your enemy is missing soldiers." Serge said.

"Agreed if your interpretation is right I suspect an attack is imminent."

"If it'll help this chantry. I'm no use here but if I can help by going somewhere else I'll do it. Perhaps drawing with the sage may lead to some greater insights." Serge said with a tinge of worry in his voice. He couldn't help but feel worried about his uncle and Kyle. What if they were attacked while he was away. Could he do anything even if he stayed?

"That is not a bad idea, perhaps you can get some insight it might be worth it to risk the Paradox to send you there though I hate to tax our teleporters more...well then I will ask Narim if he can send you to Chicago, do not worry Morningstar is a good Chantry you will be safe there until you return."
Jeffry said as he hurried up the stairs.
"Is there anything you need to bring?"

"We have a lot of Nephandi prisoner's here. Perhaps the plan that involves them? If they somehow broke free and were given instruction it could be devastating. Granted they have guards around them so that it unlikely."

"Dammit...you are right...ok kid if you continue up to the third floor and look for Narim tell him what we talked about sending you to Chicago and tell him I am sorry to lay the job on him...I need to check on the prisoners first thing."
Jeffry said he did not show fear but he did seam allot more urgent in his step as he hurried down the stairs again and headed for the basement at some speed taking the steps two at the time.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole followed in the Mage's wake, looking curiously at the others out and about, trying to get a feel of the type based here. 'Shit...' she said, absent-mindedly running a hand through her hair, halting on realising she was doing it. 'Is that normal here? And is this one still ongoing?'

'Bit of everything, 'cept the cereal.' she said on arriving in the cafeteria. 'A coffee milk too... dunno, can you get that in Boston?' ending with a wrinkled brow.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 pm

"That is not a bad idea, perhaps you can get some insight it might be worth it to risk the Paradox to send you there though I hate to tax our teleporters more...well then I will ask Narim if he can send you to Chicago, do not worry Morningstar is a good Chantry you will be safe there until you return."
Jeffry said as he hurried up the stairs.
"Is there anything you need to bring?"

"We have teleporters! Actually this is the wrong time to be excited about that." Serge said with diminishing excitement.

"There's nothing more I need to bring. I have my sketchbook, my pencils, and some of the medication my mentor gave me although I hope I don't need to use that. What's the name of the people who you sent to Chicago? Actually come to think of it what's the name of that sage?" Serge asked realizing that he didn't actually know the names of the people he had to meet.

"Dammit...you are right...ok kid if you continue up to the third floor and look for Narim tell him what we talked about sending you to Chicago and tell him I am sorry to lay the job on him...I need to check on the prisoners first thing."
Jeffry said he did not show fear but he did seam allot more urgent in his step as he hurried down the stairs again and headed for the basement at some speed taking the steps two at the time.

"All right. I'll try to get back as fast as I can." Serge said simply as he split off from Master Morgan and hurried up to the third floor in search of Narim.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Nicole:

Nicole followed in the Mage's wake, looking curiously at the others out and about, trying to get a feel of the type based here. 'Shit...' she said, absent-mindedly running a hand through her hair, halting on realising she was doing it. 'Is that normal here? And is this one still ongoing?'

There was two women in their twenties talking and eating their breakfast one was tall thin and very pretty with silver blond hair and large bue eyes wearing a simple black dress and high heels, the other where shorter and plainer looking with green eyes wearing a shirt with the picture of a cat with a machine gun on it and a tshirt her hair was shoulder length and dyed dramatically red she was busy with something on her tablet as her friend was talking. There was also an elderly black man wearing a red jumper, gray pants, a white shirt and black tie he looked like a school teacher and he was reading the paper over a pair of glasses balanced on his nose. The last person in the cafeteria right now was a man in his thirties wearing a stained lab coat and cursing a cup of coffee, he looked rather tired.
"Normal no, I mean every so often there is a clash with one of the other factions but not like this, the Fallen is planning something big and this whole place is going to shit."
Elaine grumbled.
"And yeah it is still going on..."

Bit of everything, 'cept the cereal.' she said on arriving in the cafeteria. 'A coffee milk too... dunno, can you get that in Boston?' ending with a wrinkled brow.

"Well we have coffee and we have milk so I can pour a bit of one into the other."
Elaine said as she went to a table set with some large trays of food to fill up a plate for you.
"Just sit down wherever and I will bring you some."

Serge:

"We have teleporters! Actually this is the wrong time to be excited about that." Serge said with diminishing excitement.

"As long as you can still do your job you can get as existed as you please Mr Yager, and yes we have teleporters, well they do other things as well but we have some of our members able to teleport others to another location yes."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow at your enthusiasm.

"There's nothing more I need to bring. I have my sketchbook, my pencils, and some of the medication my mentor gave me although I hope I don't need to use that. What's the name of the people who you sent to Chicago? Actually come to think of it what's the name of that sage?" Serge asked realizing that he didn't actually know the names of the people he had to meet.

"Very good...ah their names..."
The old Hermetic hesitated names where an important thing in the Order but he clearly decided to trust you for he said.
"It is my own student Adley Roth Hicks then there are Colin Wainwright, Adjan Terach and Francesca Mundis, the young sage is I believed named Meg Lopes, you have to talk with her teacher Cara Willis about being allowed to talk with her."

"All right. I'll try to get back as fast as I can." Serge said simply as he split off from Master Morgan and hurried up to the third floor in search of Narim.

"Very well and thank you for your help Mr Yager, call me on that dreadful little device if you figure anything more out please."
He said already on his way down the stairs.

Serge said simply as he split off from Master Morgan and hurried up to the third floor in search of Narim.

You find the Virtual Adept Master fairly quickly as he was heading out of one of the rooms.
"Ah Mr Yager anything wrong?"
He asks as he sees you hurrying towards him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 pm

"Very good...ah their names..."
The old Hermetic hesitated names where an important thing in the Order but he clearly decided to trust you for he said.
"It is my own student Adley Roth Hicks then there are Colin Wainwright, Adjan Terach and Francesca Mundis, the young sage is I believed named Meg Lopes, you have to talk with her teacher Cara Willis about being allowed to talk with her."

"All right first talk to Cara Willis and then Meg Lopes and then returned back home with our men." Serge said although it was obvious he was simply reciting his instruction out loud to himself.

You find the Virtual Adept Master fairly quickly as he was heading out of one of the rooms.
"Ah Mr Yager anything wrong?"
He asks as he sees you hurrying towards him.

"Yes several things!" Serge said as he wasted no time explaining the situation.

"I spent a little more time on that picture and I think it's a warning that we might be attacked soon. Like...really soon! The problem is that we don't know how and their's still several things in that picture that are still fuzzy. Master Morgan asked you to use the teleporter to send me to Chicago and meet with the sage to see if I can get a better understanding of that warning."

Serge took a deep breath after talking a lot and then continued, "Also Master Morgan apologizes for asking you to do this on such short notice."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked at all the people with vague curiosity, though a perspective person might notice the Etherite's gaze on the woman in the black number was fractionally longer, and with narrowed eyes. 'Oh, goodie... and there was me hoping that here would be a bit quieter.'

'No... coffee milk is...' she began, then gave a little sigh. '-don't worry about it. Just coffee.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next