Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 24 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:15 pm

"Indeed or perhaps just make the suggestion to the Prima herself. No one knows better than her the extent of her magick and what can be done to keep her as safe as possible."
Udella said and nodded.
"Perhaps we should trust her enough to ask for an audience with her?"

(OOC: And off I am to run some errands I will be back later today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 24 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Anja's Post:

'If that ever happens to me, just get rid.' ending with a shake of the head.

'What's this place like, then?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:35 pm

"Let us hope that never becomes an issue Miss Nicole...that would be terrible, luckily it is not exactly common Avatars are hardy being I hear."
Anton said quickly.
"Steelhaven? It is a good place, usually it is nice and quiet but this week have been rather...stressful. It is tolerant and most here are very kind."
He said as he lead the way into the basement, there where two doors in the basement he took one of them and you could feel the presence of a Node, a feeling of inspiration and energy.
"This is the spiritual section of the basement, here you have the ritual chambers, the labs and off course the Node."
He said. You saw that in the end of the corridor where a tall, heavyset man that looked like he was on guard duty. Anton opened a door in the corner of the corridor.
"And this is one of the two labs Miss Nicole, my chemistry equipment can be found inside feel free to use what you need."
He said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:55 pm

"Getting some new furniture for your apartment?"
Francesca asked.

"Yeah.....man that sounds so mundane." Serge sighed. "I don't think I'll get much. The room already has most of what I need."

"Yes I study Entropy, it is the first kind of magick my Mentor started teaching me after I Awakened and I am now a Disciple."
The death maga said and smiled proudly.

"Mind was the first thing my Mentor taught me and I caught on really fast. Managed to be a Disciple myself." Serge said returning the smile.

"It is often a kind of magick that others underestimates since it do not create anything flashy but controlling chance and fate can be most useful. You know they asked Marvel's Stan Lee what superpower he most wanted and he said he wanted to be able to control luck."

"Good old Stan Lee. But I"m not sure if I would've chosen that. I've always thought that mind control was a really cool power. Or invisibility. Or Cryomancy. Yeah I'll go with Cryomancy. Freezing people solid just has a nice ring to it." Serge said imagining himself as a chilly superhero.

"And what about you? What superpower would you have chosen? And don't be boring and pick something that you can already do." Serge said turning towards the death maga.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:10 pm

"Yeah.....man that sounds so mundane." Serge sighed. "I don't think I'll get much. The room already has most of what I need."

"Well so do eating, drinking, wiping your ass and showering and yet most mages do that as well if you excuse my language. I guess some who study what you would call Life magick can negate the need for three of the four but still, allot of our lives are rather mundane despite what we can do."
The Euthanatos said and smiled.

"Mind was the first thing my Mentor taught me and I caught on really fast. Managed to be a Disciple myself." Serge said returning the smile.

"Well it is a very useful Sphere, I do a little of it myself though it is not my specialty, being able to feel where minds are can be more useful at times than feeling for life as not all things out there that think are alive."
Francesca said and nodded.
"We are both Disciples then, of different Spheres but the same rank."
She commented.

"Good old Stan Lee. But I"m not sure if I would've chosen that. I've always thought that mind control was a really cool power. Or invisibility. Or Cryomancy. Yeah I'll go with Cryomancy. Freezing people solid just has a nice ring to it." Serge said imagining himself as a chilly superhero.

"That would be a nasty way to kill people, it is more humane to just use a gun."
The death magus said casually.
"Well invisibility you should probably be able to do, I know a couple of vampires who can do that and they generally make others around them think they don't see them, it is completely mental a camera still pick them up, and if the bloodsuckers can doit so can we, and by we I mean you as I do not have the understanding of human minds to do such a thing."
She said and grinned.
"Hum...what superpower would I want...I guess removing Paradox would be to obvious...I guess being a healer would be nice, I mean I study Life but...I have never been good at healing, it would be nice to save lives for once."
Fran said with a slightly sad smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole followed Anton, giving a businesslike nod to the guard. 'Thanks, Anton.' she said on reaching the lab, gesturing for him to enter with her, presumably to point out where everything was. 'Stressful? How?' hoping to get out of the chemist info that the Hermetic hadn't been willing to divulge... or didn't know.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:42 pm

"We have had issues with Nephandi this last week a faction of the Fallen seam hellbent on dragging the entire city to hell."
Anton said and entered the small room, there was a workbench there with distillation equipment, several shelves with supplies, beakers, glass tubes and other things needed for lab work, towards another wall was another clean workbench.
"I hope you will find what you need here Miss...well in either case hopefully things will return to normal eventually but with one Chantry member discovered to be a widderslainte...another member having betrayed us, this business with the Mercere, legal issues and vampires mixed into it, with all of this unpleasantness I can not say when that will be."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:43 pm

"Well so do eating, drinking, wiping your ass and showering and yet most mages do that as well if you excuse my language. I guess some who study what you would call Life magick can negate the need for three of the four but still, allot of our lives are rather mundane despite what we can do."
The Euthanatos said and smiled.

"Yeah yeah yeah, your right." Serge said. "I shouldn't complain. Mundane typically means safe."

"Well it is a very useful Sphere, I do a little of it myself though it is not my specialty, being able to feel where minds are can be more useful at times than feeling for life as not all things out there that think are alive."
Francesca said and nodded.

"It's also really fun watching people's auras flicker and seeing the colors dance around." Serge said with a small chuckle.

"Although it can irritating at time, being able to realize how everyone around you is feeling. They could have a smile on their face while talking with you yet have an aura that's red with anger."

"Well invisibility you should probably be able to do, I know a couple of vampires who can do that and they generally make others around them think they don't see them, it is completely mental a camera still pick them up, and if the bloodsuckers can doit so can we, and by we I mean you as I do not have the understanding of human minds to do such a thing."
She said and grinned.

"I heard about a technique like that but never tried it out." Serge said. "Give a little nudge to everyone's mind and encourage them to look away from where you'll be walking. I'd love to try it out sometime. I think I could do that."

"Hum...what superpower would I want...I guess removing Paradox would be to obvious...I guess being a healer would be nice, I mean I study Life but...I have never been good at healing, it would be nice to save lives for once."
Fran said with a slightly sad smile.

"That's a nice superpower." Serge commented.

"And don't say you've never been good at healing. I'm sure if you study hard you'll be a great healer." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm

"Yeah yeah yeah, your right." Serge said. "I shouldn't complain. Mundane typically means safe."

"Well not just that, we have our lives and part of those lives are rather similar to the lives of everyone else, not everything can be action and excitement all the time or we would be worn out pretty quickly don't you think?I mean I love the things I can do as a mage but I also love just sitting down and having a cup of coffee."
Francesca said softly and gave you a little smile.

"It's also really fun watching people's auras flicker and seeing the colors dance around." Serge said with a small chuckle.

"Yes seeing auras can be most informative...and quite beautiful."
She agreed.

"Although it can irritating at time, being able to realize how everyone around you is feeling. They could have a smile on their face while talking with you yet have an aura that's red with anger."

"That is true but remember we all have a mask, a face we show, and a face we keep to ourselves, and while most might do well to show a bit more of their true emotions instead of laying down a lid on them, that is still their choice and when you are looking at their auras or reading their emotions you are the one who is looking behind their mask against their will, being annoyed over that unless this is a person you have a very good reason to read might be a little like a bugler being annoyed a house is not as nice on the inside as on the outside."
The Euthanathos said then she sigh.
"Not that it is my place to lecture you about it."

"I heard about a technique like that but never tried it out." Serge said. "Give a little nudge to everyone's mind and encourage them to look away from where you'll be walking. I'd love to try it out sometime. I think I could do that."

"Not only looking away, but looking at you and not seeing, remember light seen by the eyes are processed by your brain, by your mind and how something is seen is highly individual, someone can be said encouraged not to see...whatever you don't want to to see just as easily as making them see what you do want them to see."

"That's a nice superpower." Serge commented.

"And don't say you've never been good at healing. I'm sure if you study hard you'll be a great healer." Serge said with a smile.

"Perhaps...well anything is possible I guess but my personal Resonance would work against me being a healer, however perhaps it would be possible at some point...or if not now then for a future life."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Anja's Post:

'Legal issues?' Nicole echoed, moving around the lab, analising the quality of the equipment...

[How well stocked/advanced is it?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Actually, it seems the two of us, at least, can manage to catch a good day's rest in between the far too dense calamities..."
Crexia grinned at that but said nothing.
"Well, true, I shouldn't complain I suppose. I should be saying thank you."
He smoothly passed the bottle on, "Nobody should drink soda on a regular basis, but the carbonation can be a quick fix for motion sickness whether induced by spatial or temporal jolts."
He took the bottle and poured a glass or mug out, and drank some of it. "Thanks."
He looked at the pages and nodded with some measure of smug satisfaction, "Yes, I think this could be quite adequate for formally patenting and submitting to Paradigma once I've typed it up neatly. Now, Adley, let's see, Leon Tallweller described it as sounding like 'to draw manifestation through the universal will, rather then through yourself like working with a tree inside of Yeshod rather than drawing down into Malkhut within yourself.' I'm sure that makes a little more sense to you than it did to me..."

He stood a moment scratching at his face as he considered that. "It's starting to do...I can see how that could work; Yeshod is the foundation, it channels energy found above the material world, Malkuth, and the other spheres like Tiferet, the heart which is above," he ruminated to himself. "So...he used that as a base simile, it is as working above..." he said, trying to sort out what he was missing, talking himself through it as Colin explained. "I wish I could show you how to do Heart's Blood...you know, maybe /it/ could give you a hint, if you're meant to use it? You said you could still interact with your avatar, after all. If I were to have to again, well..." He slightly shifted and then gave a small shake of his head as he looked at him. He looked better for the sleep and food, but a closer look by anyone that knew him would show he was still in pain.

//
Int+enigmas: (the one you're thinking of is esoterica btw):  6, 3, 8, 8, 0
iirc rotes were sometimes given to buy as an xp cost mechanically but I think they scrapped it at some point, I'd have to dig around. Now rotes/spells refer to any pre-prepared, tried and tested mystic working with a sense of history (ie, passed along). I didn't see anything mentioned about learning them/costs, so enigmas/esoterica and int makes sense to me

3&4: Adley will hang out in the bathroom for a while, since it would be annoying to others to hear him cast the long version of Shield of Mars, not that the door would help much xD - anyway, the extent of exhaustion is sta (2) and he's wounded, so that and penalties make it unwieldy to work more than two hours, regardless of extended roll topping out his Arete+pWP (9). Let me know what's a reasonable cutoff, I thought 6 for an ~hour would so here are 3 more: 3, 7, 3;  9, 4, 3;  5, 6, 3

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Nicole:

"Yes with the young Verbena discovered to be a widderslainte, our Chantry did some legal...maneuvering to save her, one of our allies where non to pleased."
Anton said and sigh.

(OOC: I would say the lab is fairly advanced and well stocked, it lacks cooling facilities, but there are a good computer controlled microscope, and well most things a chemist would need though the equipment is a bit specialized.)

Adley:

"Well, true, I shouldn't complain I suppose. I should be saying thank you."

Crexia just nodded at that.
"You are welcome Sodalis, and I certainly understand being antsy under the circumstances."

If I were to have to again, well..." He slightly shifted and then gave a small shake of his head as he looked at him. He looked better for the sleep and food, but a closer look by anyone that knew him would show he was still in pain.

"You should try to avoid having to use Heart's Blood again for at least several weeks Sodalis, if done again any sooner than that I fear you might not survive, and while members of your House dream of eventually going out in a massive death spell bringing glory to their name, their Chantry and their House, try not to do so to soon."
Crexia said and she looked quite concerned.
"Rest will help Mr Roth Hicks but I fear no magick we know of so far can heal the pain of depleted life patterns, only time will cure those wounds."

(OOC: Thank you yes that is the one I was thinking about. I would say that roll is good enough to get Colin's explanation pretty well, Adley would need to practice to get the rote perfectly done but he understand the basis of it.)

(OOC 2: Yeah that was in Revised I was never a fan of rotes costing points but Revised tried to neuter the power of mages as much as possible, so they changed it from being minus one diff when using a rote since then the mage know that spell by heart they made it a plus one diff when casting an effect that was not a rote and with increased Dox penalties and, later discarding of foci and generally every bit of magick getting harder that counted for allot. I play with the old system where you can have as many rotes as you wish but learning them from other mages in game have a nice roleplaying component. M20 do not have a point cost to rotes.)

(OOC 3: 6 for an hour seams sensible, very well Adley have a decent Shield of Mars and the rest of the group gets to listen to quite some time of Latin, Hebrew and Greek Chanting, perhaps a bit of English as well thrown in for good measure now and again.)

(OOC 4: Is there anything else you two wish to do in the time bubble?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 pm

"You should try to avoid having to use Heart's Blood again for at least several weeks Sodalis, if done again any sooner than that I fear you might not survive, and while members of your House dream of eventually going out in a massive death spell bringing glory to their name, their Chantry and their House, try not to do so to soon." Crexia said and she looked quite concerned. "Rest will help Mr Roth Hicks but I fear no magick we know of so far can heal the pain of depleted life patterns, only time will cure those wounds."

He nodded. "Yes, ma;am, though it was worth it. The alternative was...let's say, a bit too bleak for further contemplation."

// Lol. Yeah I played a technomancer in Revised and it as still harsh xD Mystics had it worse. And I think I'm all good for the time bubble.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:26 pm

"You did a good thing Sodalis and yes it was worth it, if you had not sacrificed your life force to make the pine cone work...even the best case scenario would be rather bleak...let us rather say that I hope the need to do so do not present itself again for some time."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement while she also gave you a sympathetic look.

(OOC: I have never been much a fan of Revised, not the setting nor the system, I tend to prefer high urban fantasy with Umbral ships to Horizon, a wast mage society that are in contact with one another and dragons in the bushes, when I do run a down to earth, literary, street level game though I sometimes use the setting and system from Revised.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

"Indeed or perhaps just make the suggestion to the Prima herself. No one knows better than her the extent of her magick and what can be done to keep her as safe as possible."
Udella said and nodded.
"Perhaps we should trust her enough to ask for an audience with her?"
Colin pondered, "I think... someone who is more personally familiar with her should answer whether that's wise or not, really. I'm open to suggestions."

He stood a moment scratching at his face as he considered that. "It's starting to do...I can see how that could work; Yeshod is the foundation, it channels energy found above the material world, Malkuth, and the other spheres like Tiferet, the heart which is above," he ruminated to himself. "So...he used that as a base simile, it is as working above..." he said, trying to sort out what he was missing, talking himself through it as Colin explained. "I wish I could show you how to do Heart's Blood...you know, maybe /it/ could give you a hint, if you're meant to use it? You said you could still interact with your avatar, after all. If I were to have to again, well..." He slightly shifted and then gave a small shake of his head as he looked at him. He looked better for the sleep and food, but a closer look by anyone that knew him would show he was still in pain.
He nodded, "I don't think she can teach me any such methods while the Quintessence flow is... interrupted. But no, from what I understand of how Heart's Blood works, it would not be wise for you to try it again for a while. Beatrice, on the other hand, might glean what she needs simply from its proximity, and it's sufficiently plausible that rote was only truly necessary against a hostile Avatar - that being Carlyle's. Hum... I suppose, though, it is possible I could try to treat my own body as a reserve fuel tank, though it sounds... unpleasant. But as needs must be..."

"You should try to avoid having to use Heart's Blood again for at least several weeks Sodalis, if done again any sooner than that I fear you might not survive, and while members of your House dream of eventually going out in a massive death spell bringing glory to their name, their Chantry and their House, try not to do so to soon."
Crexia said and she looked quite concerned.
"Rest will help Mr Roth Hicks but I fear no magick we know of so far can heal the pain of depleted life patterns, only time will cure those wounds."
He arched an eyebrow, "So, to get Adley back to full capacity before returning to Boston, we'd need a ridiculously overpowered time bubble, crunching down weeks and months into minutes? We'd need a lot of military ration packs for that - or at least imperishables."

He nodded. "Yes, ma;am, though it was worth it. The alternative was...let's say, a bit too bleak for further contemplation."
"You did a good thing Sodalis and yes it was worth it, if you had not sacrificed your life force to make the pine cone work...even the best case scenario would be rather bleak...let us rather say that I hope the need to do so do not present itself again for some time."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement while she also gave you a sympathetic look.
He frowned, "If you only knew how bleak it was to contemplate in the first place... Being opposed to that horror is easy; being opposed to it yet be able to push yourself to do it anyway... I would not have been able to look anyone in the eyes for a long time..."
He patted Adley on the shoulder, "Thank you... from every physical and ephemeral part of my being."

((OOC: The only remaining thing Colin would want to do before getting out again, I think, would be a nap for a couple of hours before the bubble ends - it would be impractical to come out right after being awake and fretting for 16 hours... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Colin pondered, "I think... someone who is more personally familiar with her should answer whether that's wise or not, really. I'm open to suggestions."

"I do not know the Lady Marianna well unfortunately, I have spoken with her off course but I really do not know her well enough to say for sure."
Udella said.

He arched an eyebrow, "So, to get Adley back to full capacity before returning to Boston, we'd need a ridiculously overpowered time bubble, crunching down weeks and months into minutes? We'd need a lot of military ration packs for that - or at least imperishables."

"There would need to be enough food and water but also I am not comfortable casting a spell like that here on earth, on Horizon perhaps, but here the Paradox would be massive and while I would love to help your friend, I am not keen to find out if Paradox can actually take my life."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"Not without a very pressing reason."

He frowned, "If you only knew how bleak it was to contemplate in the first place... Being opposed to that horror is easy; being opposed to it yet be able to push yourself to do it anyway... I would not have been able to look anyone in the eyes for a long time..."

"No I imagine you would not be able to look yourself or anyone else in the eyes for a long time, and for everyone's sake I am glad it did not come to that."
Crexia said as she regarded you for a moment. Udella just patted your arm slightly and glanced over at Adley.
"I to are glad such...extreme measure where not...needed."
She muttered.

Fourteen hours went by, you talked a bit, did some ritual work, ate more of Mirri's packed sandwiches and slept meaning you where both pretty well rested by the time the time bubble ended. Crexia's embroidery where now fully outlined in silver thread and showed a spiral of roses on black background. The old archmage placed the last stich, fastened the thread and cut it, and as she did that feeling of motion sickness came again the feeling of suddenly changing speed in a way. Colin for you it is a little uncomfortable but not more than you are used to but for Adley it make your stomach dance and your head spin, though not more than you can walk around and act normally though you had to concentrate a bit to do so.
"We have rejoined the rest of the time stream."
Crexia said and smoothed down her skirts and stood, she handed Colin the finished embroidery.
"For your apprentice if she want it, you can make a pillow out of it or put it on the wall in a frame...perhaps she can do well with seeing that needles can do other things than cause harm...I do however ask that if the girl do not want it that you give it back to me or burn it since I have used it for magick it will have an connection to me, I do not want it in anyone random's hands."
The old archmage said as she handed you the embroidery.
"Now let us see if we can do something about this trouble Steelhaven is in shall we, your Cabalmate mentioned that a child mage where here with news...the cafeteria would be a good place to start looking for a guest, either that or to ask the Sentinels on duty where any new guests to the Chantry might be located."
She suggested.

Udella hesitated for a moment.
"I ehm...would love to help the two of you find the one who have come from your Chantry with news...but I have two dead collages...I would like to pay my respects and also check if their next of kin have been notified...and then find out what will happen...to the one among us who are in a coma from which she will never awaken..."
She said sadly, clearly drawn between wanting to help out and her duty to her Housemates and friends.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Anja's Post:

'Seems rather unfair... after all, it's not actually their fault.' Nicole replied in a slightly distracted manner, checking out the gear. 'Hmm... does this place have like a maintenance closet or garage?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:17 pm

"Well not just that, we have our lives and part of those lives are rather similar to the lives of everyone else, not everything can be action and excitement all the time or we would be worn out pretty quickly don't you think?I mean I love the things I can do as a mage but I also love just sitting down and having a cup of coffee."
Francesca said softly and gave you a little smile.

"You're right. I'm probably the weirdest person to complain about something like that anyways. One of my favorite things to is just lie down and imagine myself doing things that I could never do in real life. I am not really tailored for 24/7 action and excitement." Serge said with a smile.

"Not only looking away, but looking at you and not seeing, remember light seen by the eyes are processed by your brain, by your mind and how something is seen is highly individual, someone can be said encouraged not to see...whatever you don't want to to see just as easily as making them see what you do want them to see."

"Yeah but stuff like that takes a bit more concentration and is harder to pull off. Not too mention it couldn't affect as many people. You could maybe walk in front of one guard and make him think that he saw nothing. But a group of guards would be harder to affect. But with a simpler mind effect you could subtly shift their moods and interests and draw that groups attention away from where you'd be walking." Serge suggested.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 am

"I do not know the Lady Marianna well unfortunately, I have spoken with her off course but I really do not know her well enough to say for sure."
Udella said.
Colin nodded, "Well, we have a little time... Asking around for someone close enough to the Prima to ask would be a simple enough thing, I suppose..."

"There would need to be enough food and water but also I am not comfortable casting a spell like that here on earth, on Horizon perhaps, but here the Paradox would be massive and while I would love to help your friend, I am not keen to find out if Paradox can actually take my life."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
"Not without a very pressing reason."
He smiled thinly, "I wasn't suggesting we try that here and now, just mentally checking off what mundane preparations might be needed..."
He frowned, "Hum, I suppose Horizon might yet be a little too stable for pulling a stunt like that safely, but perhaps an adequately shielded capsule somewhere out in the Umbra could work without the risk of Paradox... and possibly even without so much of a jolt to the senses."

"No I imagine you would not be able to look yourself or anyone else in the eyes for a long time, and for everyone's sake I am glad it did not come to that."
Crexia said as she regarded you for a moment. Udella just patted your arm slightly and glanced over at Adley.
"I to are glad such...extreme measure where not...needed."
She muttered.
He nodded.

Fourteen hours went by, you talked a bit, did some ritual work, ate more of Mirri's packed sandwiches and slept meaning you where both pretty well rested by the time the time bubble ended. Crexia's embroidery where now fully outlined in silver thread and showed a spiral of roses on black background. The old archmage placed the last stich, fastened the thread and cut it, and as she did that feeling of motion sickness came again the feeling of suddenly changing speed in a way. Colin for you it is a little uncomfortable but not more than you are used to but for Adley it make your stomach dance and your head spin, though not more than you can walk around and act normally though you had to concentrate a bit to do so.
"We have rejoined the rest of the time stream."
Crexia said and smoothed down her skirts and stood, she handed Colin the finished embroidery.
"For your apprentice if she want it, you can make a pillow out of it or put it on the wall in a frame...perhaps she can do well with seeing that needles can do other things than cause harm...I do however ask that if the girl do not want it that you give it back to me or burn it since I have used it for magick it will have an connection to me, I do not want it in anyone random's hands."
The old archmage said as she handed you the embroidery.
"Now let us see if we can do something about this trouble Steelhaven is in shall we, your Cabalmate mentioned that a child mage where here with news...the cafeteria would be a good place to start looking for a guest, either that or to ask the Sentinels on duty where any new guests to the Chantry might be located."
She suggested.
He wobbled for a moment, frowning, "Ugh, feels like we lurched in a direction without geographical meaning..."
He accepted the embroidery carefully, neatly folding it up and slipping it into his breast pocket, "Thank you... If she does not want it, I will frame it and ship it back to you."
He pondered, "The cafeteria would be plausible, but if this child has come to round us up, the room where Mr. Terach is watching over Anna is also a likely spot... we should look in there on the way down..." He looked at Crexia again, "And the two of us ought to get that scan taken before I return to Boston - or at least, that scan of my head, while I'm still fresh off the serum. If it's this urgent, though, I might need to be teleported back there as soon as the scan is finished, while Dr. Horton is still examining the pictures..."

Udella hesitated for a moment.
"I ehm...would love to help the two of you find the one who have come from your Chantry with news...but I have two dead collages...I would like to pay my respects and also check if their next of kin have been notified...and then find out what will happen...to the one among us who are in a coma from which she will never awaken..."
She said sadly, clearly drawn between wanting to help out and her duty to her Housemates and friends.
He nodded, "I... think we can manage. If you would see to your colleagues, I'd appreciate if you could text me about it; I should like to pay my respects to them, as well."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:00 am

I'm >Tane. Please, do your thing. he said, offering a hand. After shaking, he closed the door and maintained a close watch on the mand and his doings, as he remained sternly looking at his procedures with his arms crossed over his chest, his back against the door.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:33 am

He nodded, "I don't think she can teach me any such methods while the Quintessence flow is... interrupted. But no, from what I understand of how Heart's Blood works, it would not be wise for you to try it again for a while. Beatrice, on the other hand, might glean what she needs simply from its proximity, and it's sufficiently plausible that rote was only truly necessary against a hostile Avatar - that being Carlyle's. Hum... I suppose, though, it is possible I could try to treat my own body as a reserve fuel tank, though it sounds... unpleasant. But as needs must be..."
He raised an eyebrow at him and then shuffled closer just a bit. "That's what I was trying to explain to you earlier; you keep calling it a reserve tank or similar. It's not a reserve, it's your body," he said, reaching out to gesture a little at him, "so no, using that it is not pleasant. At any rate, I would be careful with the pine cone and Bee until we release her watcher spirit, unless there is some need of course. I suppose I shall have to repay you for your instruction as per our earlier deal, by teaching you Greek. So you know what me and my pater are saying when we argue a point with one another."
"Something like that, though the spell can't be healed by magick. I suppose time magick is a slight workaround but a very costly one."
"There would need to be enough food and water but also I am not comfortable casting a spell like that here on earth, on Horizon perhaps, but here the Paradox would be massive and while I would love to help your friend, I am not keen to find out if Paradox can actually take my life." Crexia said and raised an eyebrow. "Not without a very pressing reason."
"You've already taken on enough paradox for us..."
He frowned, "If you only knew how bleak it was to contemplate in the first place... Being opposed to that horror is easy; being opposed to it yet be able to push yourself to do it anyway... I would not have been able to look anyone in the eyes for a long time..." He patted Adley on the shoulder, "Thank you... from every physical and ephemeral part of my being."
"No I imagine you would not be able to look yourself or anyone else in the eyes for a long time, and for everyone's sake I am glad it did not come to that." Crexia said as she regarded you for a moment. Udella just patted your arm slightly and glanced over at Adley. "I to are glad such...extreme measure where not...needed."
He smiled. "There is no need to thank me, amicus. I'm glad that I could spare us all that and that we did not need to test that line further. You must realise that when I argue like that, it's because...well, I care and I thought it was wrong, and would hurt you and others."
Adley it make your stomach dance and your head spin, though not more than you can walk around and act normally though you had to concentrate a bit to do so. "We have rejoined the rest of the time stream."
He wobbled for a moment, frowning, "Ugh, feels like we lurched in a direction without geographical meaning..."
He accepted the embroidery carefully, neatly folding it up and slipping it into his breast pocket, "Thank you... If she does not want it, I will frame it and ship it back to you."
He made another face and put a hand out to the wall for a moment as everything swung back into orbit. "That's a carnival ride...ever been on the teacups at Disney? People would pay money for that," he said wryly. Still, though it looked like he needed to wait a moment at the wall before peeling himself to his feet. "Here we are, then."
Now let us see if we can do something about this trouble Steelhaven is in shall we, your Cabalmate mentioned that a child mage where here with news...the cafeteria would be a good place to start looking for a guest, either that or to ask the Sentinels on duty where any new guests to the Chantry might be located."
She suggested.
"Thank you," he said. "Yes, let's."
He pondered, "The cafeteria would be plausible, but if this child has come to round us up, the room where Mr. Terach is watching over Anna is also a likely spot... we should look in there on the way down..." He looked at Crexia again, "And the two of us ought to get that scan taken before I return to Boston - or at least, that scan of my head, while I'm still fresh off the serum. If it's this urgent, though, I might need to be teleported back there as soon as the scan is finished, while Dr. Horton is still examining the pictures..."
"Amicus, there isn't time to get scanned now," he said, with a frown, having thought that was obvious. "My avatar delivered us an urgent message, it's important we get home as soon as possible." He thought it through. "We have to find this person and our chantrymates, ask for the gate and at the other end for us, and get everyone to the portal..." he said, already mentally zooming ahead as to what had to happen now that they were back in the timestream.
Udella hesitated for a moment."I ehm...would love to help the two of you find the one who have come from your Chantry with news...but I have two dead collages...I would like to pay my respects and also check if their next of kin have been notified...and then find out what will happen...to the one among us who are in a coma from which she will never awaken..."
He nodded, "I... think we can manage. If you would see to your colleagues, I'd appreciate if you could text me about it; I should like to pay my respects to them, as well."
"Of course, ma'am, and my condolences again," he said with a slight tip of his head. Though they'd come out of it, it hadn't been a bloodless battle by any means. "Do not concern yourself further." He turned to the door again, ready to go figure out what the trouble was at home.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:13 am

Nicole:

"I can understand why the Traditions do what they do and it is not my place to question, but while most widderslaintes are born as little monsters who murders pets, siblings and then the fun really starts, however a few of them have this dark ting inside of them but they are not corrupted in mind and I do not think they should just be...destroyed with impunity, it do not feel right."
Anton said sadly then he seamed to be brought out of his thoughts by the next question.
"Ehm..well there is a under ground parking lot Miss..."

Serge:

"You're right. I'm probably the weirdest person to complain about something like that anyways. One of my favorite things to is just lie down and imagine myself doing things that I could never do in real life. I am not really tailored for 24/7 action and excitement." Serge said with a smile.

"Never say never you would be surprised at the things that might end up happening and that you might end up actually doing but we all need downtime eh...and no you are not weird Mr Yager, but perhaps your expectations of what a mage actually do is more colored by those imaginings than by reality..."
Francesca said and smiled slightly.
"Well the ability to dream and have fantasies is one of the things that lead to magick and one of the things the Technocracy want to deprive humanity of so keep those dreams."
She added softly.

"Yeah but stuff like that takes a bit more concentration and is harder to pull off. Not too mention it couldn't affect as many people. You could maybe walk in front of one guard and make him think that he saw nothing. But a group of guards would be harder to affect. But with a simpler mind effect you could subtly shift their moods and interests and draw that groups attention away from where you'd be walking." Serge suggested.

"Hum...yes you probably could and it would be less intrusive to just make those you meet want to look somewhere else. I mean unless we train ourselves to notice everything or we have something unusual with our brains we do not really notice most of the things we pass by it just fades into the background, you could probably do the same."
The death magus said and nodded in agreement.

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, "Well, we have a little time... Asking around for someone close enough to the Prima to ask would be a simple enough thing, I suppose..."

"Agreed and I can do that, I can ask around and see if I find anyone who know her well."
Udella said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "I wasn't suggesting we try that here and now, just mentally checking off what mundane preparations might be needed..."

Crexia just nodded at that.

He frowned, "Hum, I suppose Horizon might yet be a little too stable for pulling a stunt like that safely, but perhaps an adequately shielded capsule somewhere out in the Umbra could work without the risk of Paradox... and possibly even without so much of a jolt to the senses."

"If you go deep enough into the Umbra the only sense of time is the one you bring with you so yes you could probably do such a bubble quite mildly out there yes, as for Horizon it is not about stability it is about the belief of those who live there, and every person living on Horison knows that manipulating time is possible on Horizon, yes time travel might still cause Paradox then again the Zeppelins are armed with time torpedoes and this to the sleepers of the realm knows so a time bubble even an extreme one should be quite safe there."
The archmage explained and smiled.

He nodded.

The two older maga gave you sad looks but said nothing more about it.

"I am dreadfully sorry about that Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and frowned.
"Are you alright?"

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
The old Tytalus said and nodded.

He pondered, "The cafeteria would be plausible, but if this child has come to round us up, the room where Mr. Terach is watching over Anna is also a likely spot... we should look in there on the way down..."

"That do sound reasonable."
Crexia agreed.
"It is probably good for you to quickly check in on the child as well as tell Mr Terach what is happening and retrieve him."

He looked at Crexia again, "And the two of us ought to get that scan taken before I return to Boston - or at least, that scan of my head, while I'm still fresh off the serum. If it's this urgent, though, I might need to be teleported back there as soon as the scan is finished, while Dr. Horton is still examining the pictures..."

"I am not as steady a teleporter as Master Harris but I can take care of it, when we are not talking about teleporting someone from an Umbral realm and into reality I should be quite fine with getting you to Boston. I could get you back here as well once the troubles have been dealt with though if that is a better solution."
Crexia offered.

"I will do that old friend...I do not want to leave you and yourCabalmate in your hour of need to but Jake...and the others I...have known them for so long and..."
The old Quesitor lifted and old hand and wiped a tear from the corner of her eye.

"Something like that, though the spell can't be healed by magick. I suppose time magick is a slight workaround but a very costly one."

"Very few things are free Sodalis so yes such a lengthy time bubble would be vastly costly."
Crexia said and frowned.

"You've already taken on enough paradox for us..."

"It is not that I don't want to help Sodalis I really do but...making a time bubble that massive would be..."
Crexia hesitated.
"Until this Chantry's Deacon Primus recovers I need to be functional to serve it."
She said apologetically and glanced up at you.

He made another face and put a hand out to the wall for a moment as everything swung back into orbit. "That's a carnival ride...ever been on the teacups at Disney? People would pay money for that," he said wryly. Still, though it looked like he needed to wait a moment at the wall before peeling himself to his feet. "Here we are, then."

"Again I am dreadfully sorry Sodalis."
The Tytalus said and frowned.
"I have been on such rides, not at Disneyworld but at other amusement parks, I fear my Swan quite enjoy them and I can see how the sensation is similar."
She said and Udella gave a slight smile, the old Enforcer seamed to be fine though.
"Yes indeed here we are."
She agreed.

"Thank you," he said. "Yes, let's."

"We should probably make haste then Sodalis."
Crexia said and she glanced at the door.

"Amicus, there isn't time to get scanned now," he said, with a frown, having thought that was obvious. "My avatar delivered us an urgent message, it's important we get home as soon as possible." He thought it through. "We have to find this person and our chantrymates, ask for the gate and at the other end for us, and get everyone to the portal..." he said, already mentally zooming ahead as to what had to happen now that they were back in the timestream.

"I can bring you back here later Mr Wainwright, I do not think Mr Roth Hicks' Avatar would bring him such a message if there where not some urgency to it."
Crexia agreed.
"So I do think it is important to make some haste."

"Of course, ma'am, and my condolences again," he said with a slight tip of his head. Though they'd come out of it, it hadn't been a bloodless battle by any means. "Do not concern yourself further." He turned to the door again, ready to go figure out what the trouble was at home.

"Thank you Sodalis and I am sorry I can not help further this time..."
Udella said sadly, she inclined her head to all of you and looked at Colin for a moment before she said.
"Good luck to you all, may the next time we meet be under happier times."
She said before she hurried out the door. Crexia nodded.
"We should go as well first to see if your Chantrymates are with Mr Wainwright's new student and then to the cafeteria."
She said and headed out the door as well, she caught up with Udella and gently patted the other old mage on the arm and whispered something to her before the two parted ways and the old Enforcer went to show her respects to her fallen collages.

Tane and Serge earlier.
Candence woke up when there was allot of talking in the room and she woke up and glanced around nervously, her hair where messed up from sleeping on her side and she struggled to get up with her bound arms and her wound.
"Ouch...ehm...what is going on?"
She muttered fearfully. Hildegard looked at the young, blond woman and shook her head.
"Nothing that concerns you, stay still and quiet please."
She ordered and the prisoner looked up at the older woman for a moment then she looked down and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:30 am

"If you go deep enough into the Umbra the only sense of time is the one you bring with you so yes you could probably do such a bubble quite mildly out there yes, as for Horizon it is not about stability it is about the belief of those who live there, and every person living on Horison knows that manipulating time is possible on Horizon, yes time travel might still cause Paradox then again the Zeppelins are armed with time torpedoes and this to the sleepers of the realm knows so a time bubble even an extreme one should be quite safe there."
The archmage explained and smiled.
Colin nodded, "One might want to distance oneself from Horizon for such a test, though - who knows what sort of fallout might come from a mistake when trying to do something so drastic..."

"It is not that I don't want to help Sodalis I really do but...making a time bubble that massive would be..."
Crexia hesitated.
"Until this Chantry's Deacon Primus recovers I need to be functional to serve it."
She said apologetically and glanced up at you.
He shook his head, "There's helpful, and there's unreasonably reckless... a time bubble of that magnitude would be the latter, I expect - not something I would want on my conscience."

He raised an eyebrow at him and then shuffled closer just a bit. "That's what I was trying to explain to you earlier; you keep calling it a reserve tank or similar. It's not a reserve, it's your body," he said, reaching out to gesture a little at him, "so no, using that it is not pleasant. At any rate, I would be careful with the pine cone and Bee until we release her watcher spirit, unless there is some need of course. I suppose I shall have to repay you for your instruction as per our earlier deal, by teaching you Greek. So you know what me and my pater are saying when we argue a point with one another."
He nodded, frowning, "That... may be where a bit of my difficulties come from, yes..."

He smiled. "There is no need to thank me, amicus. I'm glad that I could spare us all that and that we did not need to test that line further. You must realise that when I argue like that, it's because...well, I care and I thought it was wrong, and would hurt you and others."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, you were right - it was wrong. But under the circumstances, it would have been the last resort to do what was necessary; if no other way to stop Matty Carlyle worked... we could not have afforded to let her escape again. It would have hurt - but it would have been a just price, had all other options run dry..."

"I am dreadfully sorry about that Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and frowned.
"Are you alright?"
He shrugged, "I've flown through air pockets before. Roughly the same - a brief moment of unexpected excitement, and then back to an alleged normal."

He grimaced, "I suspect the money would not be worth the Paradox for the Chronomancer involved..."

"That do sound reasonable."
Crexia agreed.
"It is probably good for you to quickly check in on the child as well as tell Mr Terach what is happening and retrieve him."
He nodded, "An opportunity to present her with the embroidery, as well... Hum, it might not be the best time to bring her back to Boston with me. I'll have to ask someone to keep an eye on her until I come back for her..."

"I can bring you back here later Mr Wainwright, I do not think Mr Roth Hicks' Avatar would bring him such a message if there where not some urgency to it."
Crexia agreed.
"So I do think it is important to make some haste."
He sighed, "You're right... Seems I'll have to pass over the scan entirely, since part of the intent was to have a scan made immediately after the 24-hour period was finished, to see how much residue could be traced within the brain by the time a second dose would be administered... and I'd not want to go through that again just for a scan. Hum, Allison might be willing to help with a during-and-after scan, though - which should work as well. I'm going to need to try to meet those Cultists with the, ah, restraint, though."

"I am not as steady a teleporter as Master Harris but I can take care of it, when we are not talking about teleporting someone from an Umbral realm and into reality I should be quite fine with getting you to Boston. I could get you back here as well once the troubles have been dealt with though if that is a better solution."
Crexia offered.
He nodded, "Thank you for the offer, but as Adley pointed out, we're likely in too much of a rush. I don't think the scan will be of as much use after half a day or so. However, if I need to come back urgently, I just might call."

"I will do that old friend...I do not want to leave you and yourCabalmate in your hour of need to but Jake...and the others I...have known them for so long and..."
The old Quesitor lifted and old hand and wiped a tear from the corner of her eye.
He nodded, "Adley and I have every intention of being here tomorrow... we'll try to be back for... the last service for Jake and the others."
He glanced at Adley, "Alright?"

"Thank you Sodalis and I am sorry I can not help further this time..."
Udella said sadly, she inclined her head to all of you and looked at Colin for a moment before she said.
"Good luck to you all, may the next time we meet be under happier times."
She said before she hurried out the door. Crexia nodded.
"We should go as well first to see if your Chantrymates are with Mr Wainwright's new student and then to the cafeteria."
She said and headed out the door as well, she caught up with Udella and gently patted the other old mage on the arm and whispered something to her before the two parted ways and the old Enforcer went to show her respects to her fallen collages.
He smiled and gave Udella a quick bow, "Happier times indeed. There are some rough patches coming, but we'll endure and prosper, I think."

He strode after Crexia, staying about a step-and-a-half behind her, and put on his signet ring again, muttering softly, "And now to flex a little after that... guk. Scoria expurgate!"
He brought up the image of littered passages, and a gust of wind blasting through, and felt for that familiar flow of Quintessence through his system.

((OOC: I don't expect I have to roll for that Rote, do I? Presumably, it works just fine, effortlessly, since the serum should be expired - or is Mia royally offended still? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Colin nodded, "One might want to distance oneself from Horizon for such a test, though - who knows what sort of fallout might come from a mistake when trying to do something so drastic..."

Crexia shrugged.
"I doubt it would be dangerous for the environment, it is more the person who is casting the spell and those inside of the time bubble that takes a risk."
She commented.

He shook his head, "There's helpful, and there's unreasonably reckless... a time bubble of that magnitude would be the latter, I expect - not something I would want on my conscience."

"Such a spell would require time and planning, they can be done, Lady Philippa and Master Ir raised their youngest son into a teenager in such a time bubble cast over an entire pocket realm that his father created, but it is risky and best not done on earth."
The archmage said and frowned.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, you were right - it was wrong. But under the circumstances, it would have been the last resort to do what was necessary; if no other way to stop Matty Carlyle worked... we could not have afforded to let her escape again. It would have hurt - but it would have been a just price, had all other options run dry..."

"You know the Chief's story, the tragedy that befell him he would never have signed off on such a last resort if it was an option at all to let Miss Carlyle go and try to capture her later. I am glad that was not needed though for if that woman had been turned into a massassa it would have destroyed him."
Crexia said and shook her head.
"Beyond the risk of turning Miss Carlyle into such a monstrosity however are the chance that if your Cabalmate had not calmed her Avatar we would all be dead, and by that mean all of you would be dead and I would be ripped to shreds, still conscious and starting the long and agonizing process of pulling myself back together."
She said and frowned.

He shrugged, "I've flown through air pockets before. Roughly the same - a brief moment of unexpected excitement, and then back to an alleged normal."

The old archmage nodded at that.
"I am relieved you are fine then Mr Wainwright."

He grimaced, "I suspect the money would not be worth the Paradox for the Chronomancer involved..."

"It is not...and trust me when I say that is going to be a bit of a headache, however as so much magick happens at Morningstar we are in a bit of our own zone within the Consensus so it will not be as bad as it would have been doing this somewhere else on Earth."
The archmage said and grimaced.

He nodded, "An opportunity to present her with the embroidery, as well... Hum, it might not be the best time to bring her back to Boston with me. I'll have to ask someone to keep an eye on her until I come back for her..."

"You are going to have to see if you find someone willing to take care of her then...and that might not be so easy, the child is a Nephandus after all and until you speak with the Cultists and perhaps get their collar rented her powers are not as well restrained as they should be...you might not have any other choice but to bring her with you to Steelhaven."
Crexia said and glanced over at you.

He sighed, "You're right... Seems I'll have to pass over the scan entirely, since part of the intent was to have a scan made immediately after the 24-hour period was finished, to see how much residue could be traced within the brain by the time a second dose would be administered... and I'd not want to go through that again just for a scan. Hum, Allison might be willing to help with a during-and-after scan, though - which should work as well. I'm going to need to try to meet those Cultists with the, ah, restraint, though."

"Seeing how much is left an hour later might still be valuable for if there is residue left an hour after a new doze would be administered then you know for sure that a new doze is not safe that soon so while you will not get all the benefit there might still be some reason for the scan, knowing where the residue go could also be useful but it is off course up to you. I can let the Cultists know that you wish to speak with them though."
Crexia said as she walked.

He nodded, "Thank you for the offer, but as Adley pointed out, we're likely in too much of a rush. I don't think the scan will be of as much use after half a day or so. However, if I need to come back urgently, I just might call."

"You could possibly talk with that doctor your party had with your earlier, Dr Lee, perhaps he can arrange for such examinations to be done in Boston as well, and I can have the scans done here to see how the gland in question look in a lich's brain, perhaps I can somehow bow beat William to do the same though such a modern machine will likely scare him..."
Crexia said.
"Hum...come to think of it do not Master Morgan have a new apprentice...a widderslainte or so I have been told I will assume the boy is restrained in some way at least in this chaos with the Nephandi right now, was it not mentioned the serum was being used on him? Giving him and examination to see how much three days worth of the serum do for harm might be useful as well...I am hesitant to let any of my blood out of sight but I can ask Dr Horton to draw a small sample to be used for that if...I have your word you will destroy it as soon as you are done with it, and that you will not let it leave your possession until such a time."
Crexia said she was clearly very hesitant about letting any amount of her serum out of her sight, and for good reason it would leave her vulnerable to attack from anyone who possessed it.

He nodded, "Adley and I have every intention of being here tomorrow... we'll try to be back for... the last service for Jake and the others."
He glanced at Adley, "Alright?"

Udella looked at you and smiled softly.
"I would appreciate that and I am sure my departed collages would appreciate it as well, they died to protect us all..."
She muttered sadly and looked down.

He smiled and gave Udella a quick bow, "Happier times indeed. There are some rough patches coming, but we'll endure and prosper, I think."

"We are going to have to...I will see you at Jake's funeral service then Mr Wainwright, and later we can work out the details around Anna's defense."
Udella said before she gave you all a nod again and left.

He strode after Crexia, staying about a step-and-a-half behind her, and put on his signet ring again, muttering softly, "And now to flex a little after that... guk. Scoria expurgate!"
He brought up the image of littered passages, and a gust of wind blasting through, and felt for that familiar flow of Quintessence through his system.

You certainly felt better as Quintessence flooded though you and Mia, the feeling of being restrained and wrapped in cotton gone you felt yourself again, it felt like getting up and walking after being stuck in a car for a long car ride and in a way made you want to run, you where a mage and should have access to your magick. Mia brushed of her dress and snorted.
"Do not do that again..."
She demanded, not quite sure she had completely forgiven you for the serum yet.
"Or I am going to have to bring out my stern voice an be most cross."
She warned and finished with a humph!

You got to the room where you had left Adjan to care for Anna. You heard the Euthanatos' soft voice from inside the room.
"Do not fear child, I am pretty sure we will find a way to save you, and if not you will have the choice to die when...it is done...and if you choose to try to live and loose all hope...if your Mentor is not able to do what must be done, and I do think he will insist on doing it himself for there is more of my Tradition in him than he perhaps likes to admit, however if he is not able to then I give you my word I will do it, I will not leave you to suffer."
He said and you heard Anna's voice.
"I guess that...is a comfort...how...how would you do it?"
She asked and Adjan replied calmly.
"Any way you prefer...I will assume nothing to do with your head, both from your background and because it seams many mages prefer their brains be left intact...I know how to make a drink that will make a person completely dump and then I can open a vein with a sharp knife, that should cause little or no pain and you would just feel more and more tired, there could be a bit of discomfort as your heart rate would increase as your blood pressure dropped but for the most part it is a pretty painless way to go."
He said and Anna was silent for a moment.
"That do not sound to bad..."
She agreed softly.

(OOC: No you do not need to roll for it. Mia though are still a bit miffed, she do not feel she have been treated as a lady should be. Colin will be hearing about that one for a while, and she controls his Seekings. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Crexia shrugged.
"I doubt it would be dangerous for the environment, it is more the person who is casting the spell and those inside of the time bubble that takes a risk."
She commented.
Colin nodded, "All the same, we know what happened to Tormod of Kirkenes; I would not want to risk a similar fate for anyone outside such a bubble - the risk might be miniscule, but the potential consequences for someone or something struck by a mishap... No, best not make such a bubble anywhere there might be people nearby."

"Such a spell would require time and planning, they can be done, Lady Philippa and Master Ir raised their youngest son into a teenager in such a time bubble cast over an entire pocket realm that his father created, but it is risky and best not done on earth."
The archmage said and frowned.
He nodded, "Planning and preparation time we don't have."

"You know the Chief's story, the tragedy that befell him he would never have signed off on such a last resort if it was an option at all to let Miss Carlyle go and try to capture her later. I am glad that was not needed though for if that woman had been turned into a massassa it would have destroyed him."
Crexia said and shook her head.
"Beyond the risk of turning Miss Carlyle into such a monstrosity however are the chance that if your Cabalmate had not calmed her Avatar we would all be dead, and by that mean all of you would be dead and I would be ripped to shreds, still conscious and starting the long and agonizing process of pulling myself back together."
She said and frowned.
He nodded, frowning, "Had he not calmed her Avatar, I might have been spared long enough to do the misdeed... the assembled Masters of Spirits would likely have made slightly higher priority targets..."

"It is not...and trust me when I say that is going to be a bit of a headache, however as so much magick happens at Morningstar we are in a bit of our own zone within the Consensus so it will not be as bad as it would have been doing this somewhere else on Earth."
The archmage said and grimaced.
He nodded, "And I am sorry for the discomfort."

"You are going to have to see if you find someone willing to take care of her then...and that might not be so easy, the child is a Nephandus after all and until you speak with the Cultists and perhaps get their collar rented her powers are not as well restrained as they should be...you might not have any other choice but to bring her with you to Steelhaven."
Crexia said and glanced over at you.
He nodded, "True enough... It might not be the best time, but it's unfortunately about just as possible I won't be given any alternatives..."

"Seeing how much is left an hour later might still be valuable for if there is residue left an hour after a new doze would be administered then you know for sure that a new doze is not safe that soon so while you will not get all the benefit there might still be some reason for the scan, knowing where the residue go could also be useful but it is off course up to you. I can let the Cultists know that you wish to speak with them though."
Crexia said as she walked.
He nodded, "True enough - but that would assume I get the time to get the scan done within the hour... an unfortunately dissipating likelihood. Speaking with the Cultists, though, that is urgent."

"You could possibly talk with that doctor your party had with your earlier, Dr Lee, perhaps he can arrange for such examinations to be done in Boston as well, and I can have the scans done here to see how the gland in question look in a lich's brain, perhaps I can somehow bow beat William to do the same though such a modern machine will likely scare him..."
Crexia said.
"Hum...come to think of it do not Master Morgan have a new apprentice...a widderslainte or so I have been told I will assume the boy is restrained in some way at least in this chaos with the Nephandi right now, was it not mentioned the serum was being used on him? Giving him and examination to see how much three days worth of the serum do for harm might be useful as well...I am hesitant to let any of my blood out of sight but I can ask Dr Horton to draw a small sample to be used for that if...I have your word you will destroy it as soon as you are done with it, and that you will not let it leave your possession until such a time."
Crexia said she was clearly very hesitant about letting any amount of her serum out of her sight, and for good reason it would leave her vulnerable to attack from anyone who possessed it.
He nodded, "You have my word - if you send with me a sample for that purpose, I will not let a drop out of my sight or reach, unless it is going into either Chief Morgan's apprentice or myself. Seeing as though the Flames of Purification are slightly beyond my present grasp, though, how would you recommend facilitating the destruction of the potion?"

Udella looked at you and smiled softly.
"I would appreciate that and I am sure my departed collages would appreciate it as well, they died to protect us all..."
She muttered sadly and looked down.
He nodded, "They died as heroes - we should at least wish them well off on the last journey..."

"We are going to have to...I will see you at Jake's funeral service then Mr Wainwright, and later we can work out the details around Anna's defense."
Udella said before she gave you all a nod again and left.
He simply nodded in reply.

You certainly felt better as Quintessence flooded though you and Mia, the feeling of being restrained and wrapped in cotton gone you felt yourself again, it felt like getting up and walking after being stuck in a car for a long car ride and in a way made you want to run, you where a mage and should have access to your magick. Mia brushed of her dress and snorted.
"Do not do that again..."
She demanded, not quite sure she had completely forgiven you for the serum yet.
"Or I am going to have to bring out my stern voice an be most cross."
She warned and finished with a humph!
He smiled wryly, thinking to Mia, 'Never fear - the experience was necessary, I think. But not one which should be repeated at any point. Besides, we may have learned some very crucial things about the serum... and it may have brought us a little closer now, just a little.'

You got to the room where you had left Adjan to care for Anna. You heard the Euthanatos' soft voice from inside the room.
"Do not fear child, I am pretty sure we will find a way to save you, and if not you will have the choice to die when...it is done...and if you choose to try to live and loose all hope...if your Mentor is not able to do what must be done, and I do think he will insist on doing it himself for there is more of my Tradition in him than he perhaps likes to admit, however if he is not able to then I give you my word I will do it, I will not leave you to suffer."
He said and you heard Anna's voice.
"I guess that...is a comfort...how...how would you do it?"
She asked and Adjan replied calmly.
"Any way you prefer...I will assume nothing to do with your head, both from your background and because it seams many mages prefer their brains be left intact...I know how to make a drink that will make a person completely dump and then I can open a vein with a sharp knife, that should cause little or no pain and you would just feel more and more tired, there could be a bit of discomfort as your heart rate would increase as your blood pressure dropped but for the most part it is a pretty painless way to go."
He said and Anna was silent for a moment.
"That do not sound to bad..."
She agreed softly.
He paused outside the door, frowning, then smiled and turned to the others, speaking softly, "Mr. Terach is alone with Anna, it seems. He's offering her some words of comfort and consolation... Perhaps we should let them be while we find the others."

((OOC: Well, she is right, isn't she? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next