Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 25 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Colin nodded, "All the same, we know what happened to Tormod of Kirkenes; I would not want to risk a similar fate for anyone outside such a bubble - the risk might be miniscule, but the potential consequences for someone or something struck by a mishap... No, best not make such a bubble anywhere there might be people nearby."

"Yes what happened to the rune mage was quite a tragedy and and it not happened there might have been better relations between the Traditions and the Hagalaz today, they are members off course but they are on the fringes."
Crexia said and sigh.
"Well with all magick there is risk of a mishap off course but yes we should try to take care and lessen the chance of such a mishap as much as possible."
She agreed.

He nodded, "Planning and preparation time we don't have."

"Very true...I wish I could help non the less but yes time is limited."

He nodded, frowning, "Had he not calmed her Avatar, I might have been spared long enough to do the misdeed... the assembled Masters of Spirits would likely have made slightly higher priority targets..."

"You might have, then again you did threaten the woman with...that plan so I suspect you would be rather high on the target list and remember this being had almost all the power that she have potential for, it could just have thought us out of existence."
Crexia said and frowned.

He nodded, "And I am sorry for the discomfort."

"Do not worry about it Mr Wainwright I have felt the touch of the source before, it have become an old friend."
The archmage said wryly.

He nodded, "True enough... It might not be the best time, but it's unfortunately about just as possible I won't be given any alternatives..."

"Hum...setting up a meeting with Miss Piti and Miss Wellspring as soon as possible then, so you will not be forced to use the serum on the child if you are bringing her with you, for I doubt she will react well to that."
Crexia said and frowned again.
"Though you might not be able to avoid giving her at least one dose..."

He nodded, "True enough - but that would assume I get the time to get the scan done within the hour... an unfortunately dissipating likelihood. Speaking with the Cultists, though, that is urgent."

"True enough...well in either case I will set up a meeting with the Cultists for you, they are still at the Chantry I think, the last I saw Miss Wellspring was waiting with the rest with lesser injuries to have some bumps and bruises from the fight taken care of."

He nodded, "You have my word - if you send with me a sample for that purpose, I will not let a drop out of my sight or reach, unless it is going into either Chief Morgan's apprentice or myself. Seeing as though the Flames of Purification are slightly beyond my present grasp, though, how would you recommend facilitating the destruction of the potion?"

"You have a kiln or furnace in your workshop I assume? That should be enough, though my ehm...blood might melt rather than burn so putting something under it to avoid a mess might be a good idea..."
Crexia recommended.
"I will see if Mr Horton have the time to draw a sample while you are looking for your Chantrymates."
She said and flexed her small hands a few times, clearly not comfortable with letting any of her potion out of her sight but choosing to trust you.

He nodded, "They died as heroes - we should at least wish them well off on the last journey..."

"They did, and we will drink to their honor...and share tales of their lives and wish their Avatars a safe journey to the Well of Souls and their spirits well in the afterlife."
Udella agreed solemnly.
"Them and the others we lost...this conflict have been costly..."
She added softly.

He smiled wryly, thinking to Mia, 'Never fear - the experience was necessary, I think. But not one which should be repeated at any point. Besides, we may have learned some very crucial things about the serum... and it may have brought us a little closer now, just a little.'

"It might have brought us a little closer and it may have been needed but I did not appreciate it not one bit, try having someone wrap you up in cotton with no concern for your dignity or common courtesy and see how much you like it."
The shard collective snorted, you where clearly not forgiven yet, oh you would have to work for that, you got the distinct feeling of a cat after it was let out of it's transport cage after a vet visit, miffed only begun to cover it, Mia folded her arms across her chest and made a humph sound in your mind again.

He paused outside the door, frowning, then smiled and turned to the others, speaking softly, "Mr. Terach is alone with Anna, it seems. He's offering her some words of comfort and consolation... Perhaps we should let them be while we find the others."

"That might be best...if you two go down to the cafeteria and see if you find the messenger from Steelhaven I will go and have what we talked about taken care of in the infirmary and meet you down there, we can fetch Mr Terach after we have found whoever your Chantry have sent with news."
Crexia said in agreement, she wanted to see if anyone had anything else to say and then she headed towards the infirmary.

(OOC: Well Colin should not indicate that she is not right at the moment at least or he might find his next Seeking starting with a two week long kitchen duty. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 25 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:01 pm

"Never say never you would be surprised at the things that might end up happening and that you might end up actually doing but we all need downtime eh...and no you are not weird Mr Yager, but perhaps your expectations of what a mage actually do is more colored by those imaginings than by reality..."
Francesca said and smiled slightly.
"Well the ability to dream and have fantasies is one of the things that lead to magick and one of the things the Technocracy want to deprive humanity of so keep those dreams."
She added softly.

"Starting to sound like my mentor. She always did say my over-active imagination colored my perception of reality. Then again after my awakening she began encouraging that." Serge said with a shrug.

"Hum...yes you probably could and it would be less intrusive to just make those you meet want to look somewhere else. I mean unless we train ourselves to notice everything or we have something unusual with our brains we do not really notice most of the things we pass by it just fades into the background, you could probably do the same."
The death magus said and nodded in agreement.

"Trust me, I know what it's like to zone out and not pay attention to our surroundings. To pay attention to something mundane and get lost in your own thoughts, only to wake up and realize that math class is over and you can't remember anything the teacher said." Serge said with a chuckle.

Tane and Serge earlier:

I'm >Tane. Please, do your thing. he said, offering a hand. After shaking, he closed the door and maintained a close watch on the mand and his doings, as he remained sternly looking at his procedures with his arms crossed over his chest, his back against the door.

Serge shook the man's hand and stepped into his room. "I won't take very long. Just need to see if the prisoner is being kept reasonably and then I'll leave."

Candence woke up when there was allot of talking in the room and she woke up and glanced around nervously, her hair where messed up from sleeping on her side and she struggled to get up with her bound arms and her wound.
"Ouch...ehm...what is going on?"
She muttered fearfully. Hildegard looked at the young, blond woman and shook her head.
"Nothing that concerns you, stay still and quiet please."
She ordered and the prisoner looked up at the older woman for a moment then she looked down and nodded.

Hearing the familiar voice, Serge snapped his head towards the sound of the voice and saw a familiar face that he had seen in the common room.

"Oh, hello Miss Gottschalk. I didn't expect you to be here." Serge said in a surprised voice, not noticing her when he walked in.

Glancing back at the prisoner, Serge looked at Cadence very carefully, eyeing her bindings, her wounds, and looking for any obvious signs of abuse or indications that she was being treated unreasonably.

(((OOC: In case a Perception + Alertness check is needed: Rolled: 4, 7, 3, 6)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:42 pm

"Yes what happened to the rune mage was quite a tragedy and and it not happened there might have been better relations between the Traditions and the Hagalaz today, they are members off course but they are on the fringes."
Crexia said and sigh.
"Well with all magick there is risk of a mishap off course but yes we should try to take care and lessen the chance of such a mishap as much as possible."
She agreed.
He frowned, "Yes, that might help explain how our own Hagalaz decided it was better to trust a Fallen Hagalaz than us when his daughter was abducted... It's a shame, really..."

"You might have, then again you did threaten the woman with...that plan so I suspect you would be rather high on the target list and remember this being had almost all the power that she have potential for, it could just have thought us out of existence."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "True enough. Then again, the rest of you could attack the thing directly - that might have sufficed to slow it down. It's a moot point anyway, thank Heavens."

"Do not worry about it Mr Wainwright I have felt the touch of the source before, it have become an old friend."
The archmage said wryly.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, but why must it be the sort of old friend who comes by uninvited and raids your refrigerator before crashing on your couch while you're out preparing to entertain guests?"

"Hum...setting up a meeting with Miss Piti and Miss Wellspring as soon as possible then, so you will not be forced to use the serum on the child if you are bringing her with you, for I doubt she will react well to that."
Crexia said and frowned again.
"Though you might not be able to avoid giving her at least one dose..."
He frowned, "If it can at all be avoided, I will not give her a single dose - if necessary, I'll set up a few cots in my shop until the necessities are sorted out, to stay off Chantry grounds. She had a heart attack once already today, I'll not risk causing another..."

"True enough...well in either case I will set up a meeting with the Cultists for you, they are still at the Chantry I think, the last I saw Miss Wellspring was waiting with the rest with lesser injuries to have some bumps and bruises from the fight taken care of."
He nodded, "And that was fifteen minutes or so ago, I believe? The two would likely not have gone far in that amount of time."

"You have a kiln or furnace in your workshop I assume? That should be enough, though my ehm...blood might melt rather than burn so putting something under it to avoid a mess might be a good idea..."
Crexia recommended.
"I will see if Mr Horton have the time to draw a sample while you are looking for your Chantrymates."
She said and flexed her small hands a few times, clearly not comfortable with letting any of her potion out of her sight but choosing to trust you.
He nodded, "A thousand degrees celsius should be enough, I trust? The furnace might be capable of going higher than that, but I've never had to test that, since silver melts around 962 degrees Celsius."
He frowned, "As a hypothetical, would any residue interact with silver items? If, for example, the next quantity of silver smelted in the same crucible were used for a certain swan-shaped necklace, might there be any lingering associations? Just to make sure I don't have a mishap, of course."

"They did, and we will drink to their honor...and share tales of their lives and wish their Avatars a safe journey to the Well of Souls and their spirits well in the afterlife."
Udella agreed solemnly.
"Them and the others we lost...this conflict have been costly..."
She added softly.
He nodded, "And yet, not as costly as it might have been... or might yet become... The history books always say who won, but never what the winners lost..."

"It might have brought us a little closer and it may have been needed but I did not appreciate it not one bit, try having someone wrap you up in cotton with no concern for your dignity or common courtesy and see how much you like it."
The shard collective snorted, you where clearly not forgiven yet, oh you would have to work for that, you got the distinct feeling of a cat after it was let out of it's transport cage after a vet visit, miffed only begun to cover it, Mia folded her arms across her chest and made a humph sound in your mind again.
He smiled wryly, thinking back, 'I am sorry... if it helps, I remember being wrapped up in cotton with no concern for dignity or common courtesy, back just after you made your presence known to me the first time. Remember how I was confined to bed, with almost my entire head cocooned in bandages and being fed from an intravenous bottle? I... should at least have asked you first, though I do claim that the circumstances may yet prove the test a valuable piece to save Louis' soul...'
He sighed and glanced at the others, "Ah, she's mortally offended at the serum... and I can't fault her for it, either."

"That might be best...if you two go down to the cafeteria and see if you find the messenger from Steelhaven I will go and have what we talked about taken care of in the infirmary and meet you down there, we can fetch Mr Terach after we have found whoever your Chantry have sent with news."
Crexia said in agreement, she wanted to see if anyone had anything else to say and then she headed towards the infirmary.
He arched an eyebrow at Adley.

((OOC: Why would he indicate she is wrong, when he agrees with her? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Serge:

"Starting to sound like my mentor. She always did say my over-active imagination colored my perception of reality. Then again after my awakening she began encouraging that." Serge said with a shrug.

"I am honored then I have met your Mentor,or at least the lady I think is your Mentor and she is a skilled woman."
Francesca said and inclined her head towards you.
"It is better to have an overactive imagination I think Mr Yager than no imagination."

"Trust me, I know what it's like to zone out and not pay attention to our surroundings. To pay attention to something mundane and get lost in your own thoughts, only to wake up and realize that math class is over and you can't remember anything the teacher said." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I did that as well, it could be that I never found math to be much fun."
The Euthanatos said and then she gave a conspiratorial smile.
"I used to hide manga volumes in my desk and read them when the teacher where not looking."
She admitted.

Serge and Tane earlier:

Hearing the familiar voice, Serge snapped his head towards the sound of the voice and saw a familiar face that he had seen in the common room.

"Oh, hello Miss Gottschalk. I didn't expect you to be here." Serge said in a surprised voice, not noticing her when he walked in.

"I have been helping Mr Karyak keep an eye on Miss Clearwater while he have been running some errands."
Hildegard said then she gave you a polite nod.
"Good morning Mr Yager I trust your Mentor is well?"

Glancing back at the prisoner, Serge looked at Cadence very carefully, eyeing her bindings, her wounds, and looking for any obvious signs of abuse or indications that she was being treated unreasonably.

Cadence looked like she had just woken up and her shoulders where stiff from having slept with her hands behind her back,her hands were a bit blue so the bindings needed to be attended to and now that she was awake the bandages around a wound in her side needed to be changed, but she did not look like she was ill treated, nor did she seam to be afraid of Tane which indicated that he had not treated her badly.
"Hey Serge..."
Cadence muttered and looked down, what was there to say to a fomer Chantrymate when one had joined the Nephandi and gotten caught.
"Ehm...are you well?"
She finally asked just to fill the silence.

Colin:

He frowned, "Yes, that might help explain how our own Hagalaz decided it was better to trust a Fallen Hagalaz than us when his daughter was abducted... It's a shame, really..."

"It is, the Hagalaz should have joined up as their own Tradition but after what happened on that mission they distrusted us for years before finally joining the Cult of Ecstasy as more or less a House but they are more a Craft than Traditionalists, not really trusting us."
Crexia said and frowned.

He nodded, "True enough. Then again, the rest of you could attack the thing directly - that might have sufficed to slow it down. It's a moot point anyway, thank Heavens."

"It is a moot point things worked out the best way possibly could thanks to your Cabalmate's sacrifice."
She said and glanced over at Adley.

He smiled wryly, "Yes, but why must it be the sort of old friend who comes by uninvited and raids your refrigerator before crashing on your couch while you're out preparing to entertain guests?"

That made Crexia grin a little.
"I guess it is because said troublesome friend got the keys to your apartment when you Awakened and he knows how to use it."
She said sounding amused.

He frowned, "If it can at all be avoided, I will not give her a single dose - if necessary, I'll set up a few cots in my shop until the necessities are sorted out, to stay off Chantry grounds. She had a heart attack once already today, I'll not risk causing another..."

The old archmage gave you a serious look.
"I hope you can avoid having to dose the child with the serum, but Steelhaven might not be so happy about you having a little Nephandus with you loose and unrestrained even if it is not on Chantry grounds...I guess we are going to have to hope things can be set up with the Cultists before it becomes and issue."

He nodded, "And that was fifteen minutes or so ago, I believe? The two would likely not have gone far in that amount of time."

"Agreed, they where waiting in the cafeteria the last I saw them having a bite to eat, and yes it have been around fifteen minutes."
Crexia said.
"So you might find them there as well as your Chantrymate."

He nodded, "A thousand degrees celsius should be enough, I trust? The furnace might be capable of going higher than that, but I've never had to test that, since silver melts around 962 degrees Celsius."

"That should be enough yes."
The archmage said and nodded.

He frowned, "As a hypothetical, would any residue interact with silver items? If, for example, the next quantity of silver smelted in the same crucible were used for a certain swan-shaped necklace, might there be any lingering associations? Just to make sure I don't have a mishap, of course."

Crexia's nervousness seamed to lighten and she smiled a little.
"It...might I have not tested it but it might indeed and...if that should happen with the necklace in question that would be...appreciated."
She said softly.

He nodded, "And yet, not as costly as it might have been... or might yet become... The history books always say who won, but never what the winners lost..."

"Indeed...let us hope more lives are not lost in this conflict old friend, though I doubt that hope will be fulfilled, the Fallen will fight with all their might."
Udella said and she sigh sadly.
"But yes it could have been...worse and I am infinitely grateful that it did not."

He smiled wryly, thinking back, 'I am sorry... if it helps, I remember being wrapped up in cotton with no concern for dignity or common courtesy, back just after you made your presence known to me the first time. Remember how I was confined to bed, with almost my entire head cocooned in bandages and being fed from an intravenous bottle?

"I remember...I knew you would break and then pull yourself back together like I did, that is why I choose you...but I felt bad for you playing there."
Mia said softly and you could sort of feel her hand against your cheek.

I... should at least have asked you first, though I do claim that the circumstances may yet prove the test a valuable piece to save Louis' soul...'

"Yes you should have asked me...if it can save Louis I would be willing to do it...we cared so much for him, he was so quiet and carried so many scars in his mind after the Order of Reason destroyed his Covenant...and yet we got him out of his shell, at least to some degree...I would be willing to help him but I would have liked to be asked."
Mia said she still sounded sore about it though perhaps a bit less angry.

He sighed and glanced at the others, "Ah, she's mortally offended at the serum... and I can't fault her for it, either."

"I am afraid I have little experience with how to calm an offended Avatar, mine just sits there and provde me with access to the Quintessence Pool, but have you tried to apologize to her?"
Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.

(OOC: Unhappy Avatar is unhappy. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little shrug at the comment; busy exploring the reagents closet. 'While well-stocked, mainly lacks the ones I need...' announcing to the world in general '-ah. Boric acid... s'pose I'll simply have to boil off the water.' taking the bottle and placing it on the counter.

'Well, one is better than none. Looks like I'll have to pop out and do a bit of shopping. Does this place have a handyman or something?' stretching out from bending down.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:31 pm

"I am honored then I have met your Mentor,or at least the lady I think is your Mentor and she is a skilled woman."
Francesca said and inclined her head towards you.

"Yeah...my mentor interesting. I always find it strange that she went from being my psychiatrist to being my magickal teacher." Serge said with a smile.

"What was you mentor like?" He asked.

"I did that as well, it could be that I never found math to be much fun."
The Euthanatos said and then she gave a conspiratorial smile.
"I used to hide manga volumes in my desk and read them when the teacher where not looking."
She admitted.

"I read books behind my textbook or just watched video's on my phone underneath the desks." Serge revealed. "I wasn't the greatest student. I'd do so much better now though. I would be able to pluck the answers out of the other student's heads."

Serge and Tane earlier:

"I have been helping Mr Karyak keep an eye on Miss Clearwater while he have been running some errands."
Hildegard said then she gave you a polite nod.
"Good morning Mr Yager I trust your Mentor is well?"

"Angelica is doing quite well. I talked to her at Chantry Westchapel right before I came here." Serge informed the old mage.

Cadence looked like she had just woken up and her shoulders where stiff from having slept with her hands behind her back,her hands were a bit blue so the bindings needed to be attended to and now that she was awake the bandages around a wound in her side needed to be changed, but she did not look like she was ill treated, nor did she seam to be afraid of Tane which indicated that he had not treated her badly.
"Hey Serge..."
Cadence muttered and looked down, what was there to say to a fomer Chantrymate when one had joined the Nephandi and gotten caught.
"Ehm...are you well?"
She finally asked just to fill the silence.

"Hey Cadence!" Serge said happily as if he wasn't talking to one of his old chantrymate's who joined the Nephandi.

"I'm fine. Just moved to Steelhaven. Master Morgan already has me doing a bunch of tasks. Haven't even gotten a good look at my own room yet." Serge said with a little chuckle trying to ease Cadence into the conversation.

"So how are you feeling? Also are those bindings too tight? Because.....your hands are turning blue." Serge said looking at Cadence's bindings.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Nicole:

Anton gave you an apologetic bow.
"I am deeply sorry that my lab equipment do not meet your expectations Madam."
He said then he shook his head.
"No anything that needs doing from cooking to repairs we take turns doing that depending on skills, our Deacon Primus have a servant but the rest of the Chantry have no custos...hum...no wait that is not quite correct one of the new arrivals Mr Karyak have a not quite human Custos I hear, a fellow who can change his biology into that of a shark, most fascinating but he is not a handyman no again I am sorry."

Serge:

"Yeah...my mentor interesting. I always find it strange that she went from being my psychiatrist to being my magickal teacher." Serge said with a smile.

"Well if it is one thing the Traditions needs it is psychiatrists, there are far to few who can help heal mages with issues, and since we live in a war there are allot of mages with issues."
Francesca said and smiled.
"I do not find it that strange Mr Yager I mean allot of early psychiatrists where also mystics and occultists like for example Dr Jung."

"What was you mentor like?" He asked.

"He was always kind, though strict, he was originally from India and worked as a lawyer in New York when he found me newly Awakened on the street, not knowing what was going on or what had just happened, he took me in and taught me what I needed to know to be a mage."
Francesca said and smiled a little sadly.
"I miss him."

"I read books behind my textbook or just watched video's on my phone underneath the desks." Serge revealed. "I wasn't the greatest student. I'd do so much better now though. I would be able to pluck the answers out of the other student's heads."

"Well now that would be cheating..."
The Euthanathos said in a mock stern voice.
"Yeah well the public school system do not work for everyone and many fail to realize that, I am not saying it do no good, it do but for many it becomes a prison rather than something to learn from, not everyone fit the A4 mold."
She said and nodded.

Serge and Tane earlier:

"Angelica is doing quite well. I talked to her at Chantry Westchapel right before I came here." Serge informed the old mage.

"Ah that is good to hear please give her my regards the next time you see her young man."
Hildegard said with a measured smile.

"Hey Cadence!" Serge said happily as if he wasn't talking to one of his old chantrymate's who joined the Nephandi.

"Hey..."
Cadence muttered as she sat down on the sofa she had been sleeping on and tried to flex her shoulders to get rid of some of the stiffness with a bit of a wince she gave you an uncertain glance.

"I'm fine. Just moved to Steelhaven. Master Morgan already has me doing a bunch of tasks. Haven't even gotten a good look at my own room yet." Serge said with a little chuckle trying to ease Cadence into the conversation.

"Well it can be good to move out on your own and Steelhaven is a good Chantry I hear."
The new Nephanda said and looked at her feet as she nervously wriggled her toes.
"So ehm...do you like it here so far?"
She asked.

"So how are you feeling?

"Sort of like shit...I mean never mind being run through by a shark tooth sword, being taken captive...facing a trial and having been injected with some shit that makes me unable to sing...and that felt like some drunk Verbena had enchanted a wasp and made a ehm...eh...superwasp I guess that then stung me...never mind all that I...had to face my Mentor...tell her what I had done...so yeah I have been better."
Cadence said with despair in her voice then she sigh.
"Sorry I guess what you are wondering about from Master Morgan is if I am treated alright and yeah...I have been treated fairly."

Also are those bindings too tight? Because.....your hands are turning blue." Serge said looking at Cadence's bindings.

"They hurt a little...not to much, but my hands are going numb, I think that will always happen with rope, you have to tie it pretty tight to avoid someone just slipping their hands out of them I guess they invented cuffs for a reason though I assume those two would get uncomfortable after a while..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a sigh. 'No need to apologise... the lab is good - much better than I'd expected, in fact - simply some of the reagents aren't the sort any labs would normally stock.' Anton's submissiveness getting to her a little.

'Well, looks like I'm off to do a supply run. Thanks for your time, Anton.' she continued, ending with a little smile.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Anton nodded.
"Very well Miss Nicole, most mundane equipment you will need can be found in the stores around the dock area, do you need me to show you on the map how to get there?"
He asked.

As you stood there talking with the chemist there was a loud crunching sound and a scream from another part of the basement. Anton looked in that direction and paled.
"Oh my, what was that!"
He exclaimed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Anja's Post:

Just as Nicole was about to reply to Anton, the scream occoured. She looked from the apparent direction to the source back to Anton. 'You don't know?' she said questioningly with a raised eyebrow.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:46 pm

"He was always kind, though strict, he was originally from India and worked as a lawyer in New York when he found me newly Awakened on the street, not knowing what was going on or what had just happened, he took me in and taught me what I needed to know to be a mage."
Francesca said and smiled a little sadly.
"I miss him."

"He worked in New York? No way. I was born and raised in New York! That's where I met my Mentor too." Serge said amused by the coincidence.

"Isn't that a fun coincidence. You know my Mentor taught me a couple of psychiatrist tricks when she was mentoring me. Did your mentor teach you any of his lawyering ways?" Serge asked humorously.

"Well now that would be cheating..."
The Euthanathos said in a mock stern voice.
"Yeah well the public school system do not work for everyone and many fail to realize that, I am not saying it do no good, it do but for many it becomes a prison rather than something to learn from, not everyone fit the A4 mold."
She said and nodded.

"I'll say....trapped in a room with a boring teacher who drones on and on. Although I did like art class." Serge said tilting his head slightly and remembering his time in art class.

"Hates gym and sports though. I was not the most active kid ever." Serge said with a chuckle.

Serge and Tane earlier:

"Ah that is good to hear please give her my regards the next time you see her young man."
Hildegard said with a measured smile.

"Sure thing." Serge said returning the smile.

"Hey..."
Cadence muttered as she sat down on the sofa she had been sleeping on and tried to flex her shoulders to get rid of some of the stiffness with a bit of a wince she gave you an uncertain glance.

"Let's see how you actually feel..." Serge thought as he made sure to return her glance, ensuring that he had made eye contact with her. He peered at her eyes and then through her gaze, into the vast chaotic mess within her soul. Remembering what his mentor taught him, Serge 'opened' his eyes further and peered at her aura.

(((Serge is using a Coincidental Mind 1 effect to activate his Aura Sight and see Cadence's Aura. Arete Roll: 2, 9, 5)))  

"Well it can be good to move out on your own and Steelhaven is a good Chantry I hear."
The new Nephanda said and looked at her feet as she nervously wriggled her toes.
"So ehm...do you like it here so far?"
She asked.

"It's really fun so far. The people are nice, the chantry is cool despite not being a massive castle. I think it'll be fun here." Serge sincerely.

"Sort of like shit...I mean never mind being run through by a shark tooth sword, being taken captive...facing a trial and having been injected with some shit that makes me unable to sing...and that felt like some drunk Verbena had enchanted a wasp and made a ehm...eh...superwasp I guess that then stung me...never mind all that I...had to face my Mentor...tell her what I had done...so yeah I have been better."
Cadence said with despair in her voice then she sigh.

"Woah woah woah woah. What did you just say? You got run through by a shark sword! You met Mr. Shark Sword!" Serge said getting excited despite the situation.

"Sorry, I know that isn't the best time to get excited. Have all your injuries been healed? You know I just talked with someone who got stabbed by a guy with a sword of shark teeth. I just thought that it sounded like the coolest thing ever. What did Mr. Shark Sword look like?" Serge asked trying to use his excitement to lighten Cadence's mood.....but mostly to learn the identity of Mr.Shark Sword.

"Sorry I guess what you are wondering about from Master Morgan is if I am treated alright and yeah...I have been treated fairly."

"That's nice to hear. Are you hungry? Did they feed you anything?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 pm

He nodded, frowning, "That... may be where a bit of my difficulties come from, yes..."
"I'm not sure how to explain it in a way that makes sense to you without a more lengthy discourse but your 'body' is not /just/ flesh and bone alone. Well, I can try to give you some basics later or some books, that wouldn't be problematic. You can make your own way from there...at least you might determine if it doesn't make sense."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, you were right - it was wrong. But under the circumstances, it would have been the last resort to do what was necessary; if no other way to stop Matty Carlyle worked... we could not have afforded to let her escape again. It would have hurt - but it would have been a just price, had all other options run dry..."
"I disagree that it was a just price. If you paid it, it would have still been unjust, which is why it would have upset us all so, not to mention...well, let's just leave it at that and be glad for another outcome, such as it is."
He sighed, "You're right... Seems I'll have to pass over the scan entirely, since part of the intent was to have a scan made immediately after the 24-hour period was finished, to see how much residue could be traced within the brain by the time a second dose would be administered... and I'd not want to go through that again just for a scan. Hum, Allison might be willing to help with a during-and-after scan, though - which should work as well. I'm going to need to try to meet those Cultists with the, ah, restraint, though."
"Sorry, but we can figure out how to get the info once our home is safe, or it won't matter half as much at any rate what the results are!"
He nodded, "Adley and I have every intention of being here tomorrow... we'll try to be back for... the last service for Jake and the others." He glanced at Adley, "Alright?"
Udella looked at you and smiled softly. "I would appreciate that and I am sure my departed collages would appreciate it as well, they died to protect us all..." She muttered sadly and looked down.
"I can't make promises about tomorrow without securing it first and seeing through our aftermath and duties, but I would try, if I'm able, yes."
He pondered, "The cafeteria would be plausible, but if this child has come to round us up, the room where Mr. Terach is watching over Anna is also a likely spot... we should look in there on the way down..."
"That do sound reasonable." Crexia agreed. "It is probably good for you to quickly check in on the child as well as tell Mr Terach what is happening and retrieve him."
"We can also call him discretely, if we can't find him quickly."
"I am afraid I have little experience with how to calm an offended Avatar, mine just sits there and provde me with access to the Quintessence Pool, but have you tried to apologize to her?"
"Accept her anger as legitimate and apologize," he agreed. "And be glad she's not immortally offended."
"We should probably make haste then Sodalis." Crexia said and she glanced at the door.
He nodded at that, seeming ready to hussle as much as his body would allow for.
Crexia nodded. "We should go as well first to see if your Chantrymates are with Mr Wainwright's new student and then to the cafeteria." She said and headed out the door as well, she caught up with Udella and gently patted the other old mage on the arm and whispered something to her before the two parted ways and the old Enforcer went to show her respects to her fallen collages.
"Very well," he said, walking along with the others and scanning around for any new faces he didn't know, or people from his chantry.
He paused outside the door, frowning, then smiled and turned to the others, speaking softly, "Mr. Terach is alone with Anna, it seems. He's offering her some words of comfort and consolation... Perhaps we should let them be while we find the others."
"There's not much time for back and forthing, if you need to talk to the girl now might be best and grab our chantrymate? I'll go to the caf...try to connect up?" He didn't seem about to argue, though, in tone nor bodylanguage, if Colin ended up following him anyway; he just started to turn to head to the cafeteria. He was in hurry-along mode, with one hand on the 'emergency brake' of his mind to try to prevent overlooking things.

// sorry for the delay, I was trying to get some transcripts scanned for a job application and technology was being annoying - Anna is in the infirmary, isn't she? Or did she get moved and I forgot?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 am

"It is, the Hagalaz should have joined up as their own Tradition but after what happened on that mission they distrusted us for years before finally joining the Cult of Ecstasy as more or less a House but they are more a Craft than Traditionalists, not really trusting us."
Crexia said and frowned.
Colin sighed, "Well, all the more proof a neutral House of negotiation is needed..."

"I'm not sure how to explain it in a way that makes sense to you without a more lengthy discourse but your 'body' is not /just/ flesh and bone alone. Well, I can try to give you some basics later or some books, that wouldn't be problematic. You can make your own way from there...at least you might determine if it doesn't make sense."
He nodded, "We'll see what I can figure out of it."

That made Crexia grin a little.
"I guess it is because said troublesome friend got the keys to your apartment when you Awakened and he knows how to use it."
She said sounding amused.
He nodded, "And of course, we can't change the locks, either, since we're only renting the place..."

The old archmage gave you a serious look.
"I hope you can avoid having to dose the child with the serum, but Steelhaven might not be so happy about you having a little Nephandus with you loose and unrestrained even if it is not on Chantry grounds...I guess we are going to have to hope things can be set up with the Cultists before it becomes and issue."
He nodded, "No... I might be able to garner some sympathy for the stance from some of our Deacons, but all the same, that would not help against Chief Morgan's position as Security Chief... however much compassion he would have for Anna."

Crexia's nervousness seamed to lighten and she smiled a little.
"It...might I have not tested it but it might indeed and...if that should happen with the necklace in question that would be...appreciated."
She said softly.
He nodded, "I will, of course, attempt to deal with the remains of the sample first, but if there should, against my efforts, be any residue, it should disappear with the first silver afterwards."

"Sorry, but we can figure out how to get the info once our home is safe, or it won't matter half as much at any rate what the results are!"
He nodded, "True enough."

"I can't make promises about tomorrow without securing it first and seeing through our aftermath and duties, but I would try, if I'm able, yes."
He smiled wryly, "We'll have to press on as though we plan on seeing another sunrise, of course."

He shrugged, "We know where Mr. Terach is - miss Mandis could be anywhere if this child has found her, but likely either with Mr. Terach or on her way there."

"I remember...I knew you would break and then pull yourself back together like I did, that is why I choose you...but I felt bad for you playing there."
Mia said softly and you could sort of feel her hand against your cheek.
He smiled, 'I guess we're both too stubborn to simply die with work left undone... I'm glad you came along.'

"Yes you should have asked me...if it can save Louis I would be willing to do it...we cared so much for him, he was so quiet and carried so many scars in his mind after the Order of Reason destroyed his Covenant...and yet we got him out of his shell, at least to some degree...I would be willing to help him but I would have liked to be asked."
Mia said she still sounded sore about it though perhaps a bit less angry.
He nodded, 'Again, I'm sorry... Next time something similar comes along that will restrain you like that, I will ask first and most likely not do it, alright? Excepting stepping into a cell like the one downstairs for a quick chat - I might have to do that a few times yet...'

Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Accept her anger as legitimate and apologize," he agreed. "And be glad she's not immortally offended."
He sighed, "Oh, I am apologizing... she's rightly upset, and were there any way to present her with flowers... well, I guess I shall have to find some way to let her flex her muscles at her pleasure..."

"There's not much time for back and forthing, if you need to talk to the girl now might be best and grab our chantrymate? I'll go to the caf...try to connect up?" He didn't seem about to argue, though, in tone nor bodylanguage, if Colin ended up following him anyway; he just started to turn to head to the cafeteria. He was in hurry-along mode, with one hand on the 'emergency brake' of his mind to try to prevent overlooking things.
He shook his head, "I'll need to ask those ladies from the Cult about renting a restraint first in any case - it's the best chance I have to bring her home and not have to give her the serum today..."

((OOC: No, Anna was moved following her incident with the stab-happy nurse. She's in a private room, being watched over by our compassionate Euthanatos. Also, good luck with job application.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:47 am

She's fine for now. And i'm sorry for the wound... but we were in a fight. Shit happens. the enourmus man shrugged. Tane was over 1,60 m broad shoulders, long hair normally in a bum that gets loose at the end. Has ritual tatoos all over his body, many of them being Foci to special types of practices. Black eyes, big mouth, robust hands and muscular. Tends to talk plainly and with a calmed, deep voice.

Tane grinned at the boy exited with him. What would be his surprise with tane's identity Who else have you seen?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:15 am

He shrugged, "We know where Mr. Terach is - miss Mandis could be anywhere if this child has found her, but likely either with Mr. Terach or on her way there."
He nodded. "Probably."
He sighed, "Oh, I am apologizing... she's rightly upset, and were there any way to present her with flowers... well, I guess I shall have to find some way to let her flex her muscles at her pleasure..."
"You already have a flower, amicus," he said, with a faint smile. "Aren't you particularly interested in roses?"
He shook his head, "I'll need to ask those ladies from the Cult about renting a restraint first in any case - it's the best chance I have to bring her home and not have to give her the serum today..."
He sighed. "Alright, but let's double hustle to the caf then," he said, though it was clear he was having a bit of issue hurrying anywhere, even after a rest, though that had done him much good. He pulled his phone out to see if anyone had called him. "Did anyone try to call you while we were in?" he asked Colin.

// that's right, I forgot they moved her

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 am

Nicole:

"Well no Miss Nicole usually we do not have allot of screams in the basement, though there have been a new of them lately, I do suggjest we check out what is happening and inform Master Morgan of any problems."
The Chemist said nervously and he glanced in the direction of the sound.

Serge:

"He worked in New York? No way. I was born and raised in New York! That's where I met my Mentor too." Serge said amused by the coincidence.

"I was born in New York as well, and yes I met my Mentor there, did you live in a Chantry there? I was trained at Chantry Eos."
Francesca said and smiled.

"Isn't that a fun coincidence. You know my Mentor taught me a couple of psychiatrist tricks when she was mentoring me. Did your mentor teach you any of his lawyering ways?" Serge asked humorously.

"He did, well some at least, he taught me about mundane and mage law, not that is is a direction I have taken in life, he used it to try to bring more justice to a system that destroys lives and get those out who's fate it was not to spend their lives behind bars so they could complete their destiny...and at times...he dealt with those who escaped the system unjustly."

"I'll say....trapped in a room with a boring teacher who drones on and on. Although I did like art class." Serge said tilting his head slightly and remembering his time in art class.

"There where several types of class that I enjoyed but it still felt like school was a sort of processing plant, just there to make little carbon copies of some sort of ideal drone."
The Euthanathos complained.
"I did not fit in much and it frustrated my parents to no end."

"Hates gym and sports though. I was not the most active kid ever." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I did not do to badly at gym class it got the nervous energy out, it was more sitting still for hours on end learning things I had no interest in that got to me."
The young death magus said and sigh.

Adley and Colin:

"Thank you Sodalis."
Udella said softly.

"It might be a good idea yes, so things can be done a little quicker."
Crexia agreed.

"That is quite sound advice."
The old archmage agreed.

"Very well," he said, walking along with the others and scanning around for any new faces he didn't know, or people from his chantry.

Up in the third floor by the infirmary there where quite a few new faces as such though come to think of it you had seen most of them during the fight in the Labyrinth, they seamed to be waiting in line to have minor medical issues taken care of, those grievously wounded had been healed so now where the time for all those with bumps, bruises and scrapes, and more still where waiting down in the cafeteria for the infirmary to have the time to get to them. No one seamed to be from Steelhaven or recognizing you and Colin though.

"There's not much time for back and forthing, if you need to talk to the girl now might be best and grab our chantrymate? I'll go to the caf...try to connect up?"

"If you bring your Chantrymate from this room though you are going to either have to bring the girl as well, take her back to the infirmary or find someone else to watch her."
Crexia said.
"We can not have her wandering around free in restraints she can get out of if she give it a good try, I am sorry about that."

Colin sighed, "Well, all the more proof a neutral House of negotiation is needed..."

"You may be right about that Mr Wainwright, perhaps such a House is needed."
Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded, "And of course, we can't change the locks, either, since we're only renting the place..."

"Indeed and if we try that most troublesome friend is an excellent lock pick."
The Tytalus said sounding amused.

He nodded, "No... I might be able to garner some sympathy for the stance from some of our Deacons, but all the same, that would not help against Chief Morgan's position as Security Chief... however much compassion he would have for Anna."

"Your Security Chief thinks about the safety of Steelhaven first and foremost but I have to admit I would be skeptical of having a little Nephandus living right next door to Morningstar as well, you might have to find another solution than having the child living in your workshop."
Crexia said and frowned.

He nodded, "I will, of course, attempt to deal with the remains of the sample first, but if there should, against my efforts, be any residue, it should disappear with the first silver afterwards."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I am satisfied the sample will be taken care of properly then."
The archmage said with a little smile though she was clearly still apprehensive about the prospect she was taking a chance of trusting you with such an strong arcane connection to her.

He smiled, 'I guess we're both too stubborn to simply die with work left undone... I'm glad you came along.'

"Yes we are both to stubborn indeed."
Mia said fondly.

He nodded, 'Again, I'm sorry... Next time something similar comes along that will restrain you like that, I will ask first and most likely not do it, alright? Excepting stepping into a cell like the one downstairs for a quick chat - I might have to do that a few times yet...'

"The cells do not restrain me as such they restrain flow of Quintessence between us, so stepping into one are acceptable...but yes I would strongly appreciate being asked about things that affect me, it is the polite thing to do after all and I do expect some manners from my host."
She said her anger was mulling out a bit though she was still a bit miffed.

"She might enjoy that, and we know Avatars like Quintessence attuned to their essence."
Crexia said and smiled.
"Though yours do seam to show unusually human emotions Mr Wainwright if you do not mind me saying so."

"Very well...I will see you gentlemen there."
Crexia said before she left.

He sighed. "Alright, but let's double hustle to the caf then," he said, though it was clear he was having a bit of issue hurrying anywhere, even after a rest, though that had done him much good. He pulled his phone out to see if anyone had called him. "Did anyone try to call you while we were in?" he asked Colin.

There where one message on your phone from your Mentor it read.

"To: Adley Roth Hicks
From Jeffry Morgan
Topic: Mr Yager

Mea Filius we have accepted a new member at our Chantry a young Cultist by the name of Serge Yager. Miss Lopes from Morningstar faxed, if that is the right word, a drawing with a warning over with some urgency, I asked Mr Yager to go to visit the young Criamon to find out more details as he is a artist, would you be so kind as to collect the young man before you return home, he is fair of hair and eye and about the age of your students at the university. Thank you in advance.
Greetings.
Jeffry Morgan."

Serge and Tane earlier:

"Sure thing." Serge said returning the smile.

"Thank you Serge."
Cadence said softly.

"Let's see how you actually feel..." Serge thought as he made sure to return her glance, ensuring that he had made eye contact with her. He peered at her eyes and then through her gaze, into the vast chaotic mess within her soul. Remembering what his mentor taught him, Serge 'opened' his eyes further and peered at her aura.

Cadence's aura was bright and flickering orange signifying great fear, it had brown stripes signifying bitterness, gray and silver areas indicating deep despair, the woman's aura was also constantly moving with white flecks like a television on static increasing the sense that she was afraid and anxious and freakishly though the whole thing where where constant ugly, black ripples that you had never seen before.

"It's really fun so far. The people are nice, the chantry is cool despite not being a massive castle. I think it'll be fun here." Serge sincerely.

"You thought that Steelhaven would be a castle...in the middle of Boston?"
Cadence said and grinned though her expression soon sobered again.
"Well I guess there are that Hermetic Chantry at the University it is sort of like a castle, anyway I am glad that you are happy here."

"Woah woah woah woah. What did you just say? You got run through by a shark sword! You met Mr. Shark Sword!" Serge said getting excited despite the situation.

"Mr Shark Sword?..well I guess that is a good name for him...yeah I was guarding a door, it did not go to well."
She muttered and looked down the bandage at her side and winced.

"Sorry, I know that isn't the best time to get excited. Have all your injuries been healed? You know I just talked with someone who got stabbed by a guy with a sword of shark teeth. I just thought that it sounded like the coolest thing ever. What did Mr. Shark Sword look like?" Serge asked trying to use his excitement to lighten Cadence's mood.....but mostly to learn the identity of Mr.Shark Sword.

"They took me to a healer he took care of the worst of it apparently that sword make the same kind of wounds as a Primium bullets, hard to heal so it still hurts a bit."
She said and shrugged.
"It could have been allot worse, and another person was stabbed with that sword, my this guy gets around as for what he looks like sort of like a short man with dark skin, dark hair and allot of tattoos."
The new Nephandus said and glanced over at Tane and she smiled just a little.
"I am not so sure I agree with the coolness of that sword though but it certainly where effective."
She grumbled.

"That's nice to hear. Are you hungry? Did they feed you anything?" Serge asked.

Cadence shook her head.
"They offered but I don't think I could eat anything, not with what...is going to happen to me."
She muttered and the white flecks of anxiousness in her aura flared up as she thought about it.

She's fine for now. And i'm sorry for the wound... but we were in a fight. Shit happens. the enourmus man shrugged.

"Yeah...shit do happens..."
Cadence muttered bitterly.

(OOC: Good luck with the job application Strife and also sorry for the late reply I feel asleep on the sofa last night.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More Cadence that have become Constance.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:40 am

Anja's Post:

A slight groan. 'Crap... well, time to play exploring.' squaring up and starting to follow the source of the sounds.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am

As you got closer you heard more noise, someone was screaming, there was a growl and allot of swearing it seamed to come from the other corridor of the basement than the one you had been in. You and Anton enter the other corridor and there is chaos.

You see a dark haired man stand there he had a younger man, a boy really with blond hair by the hair holding a knife to his throat to threaten a group of other magi, though some of them was distracted with a fire in the corridor, a pretty goth girl was on the floor clearly injured, a tall athletic looking black man was struggling with a small man in his late forties perhaps with several burns, this man looked like a teacher in a knitted sweater and dark blue pants, he seamed to be scared out of his mind though and where screaming at the younger man trying to hold him before actually tossing the much younger, larger mand off him like if he where little but a doll. Another man with a large black dog at his side where clearly trying to calm the situation down while his dog where growling. A tough looking woman with several piercings wearing army booths and a simple top where aiming a gun at the man threatening the blond kid but she dared not take the shot out of fear she might hit what had to be an apprentice. Another terrified man, this one with large bulging eyes, a young face and wearing jeans and a shirt was in a corner curled into a call he to where injured. Someone was banging on a clearly locked door and demanding to know what was going on in a young man's voice.
"What the fuck is happening...world war three?"
He asked, behind another door a woman was shouting a question in Latin. A thin man was trying to type something on his tablet but the guy holding the apprentice hostage saw him and shouted.
"I will...kill him now get me one of your Deacons or the kid dies"

Anton looked at you with his eyes wide.
"Oh my..."
He muttered seaming to be rather frozen in place by the sudden scene of utter chaos before his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 am

Colin grimaced, "I suspect changing the locks would mean broken windows... Come to think of it, there's one group who gets abused worse by the Scourge than us, so that analogy fits better..."

"Your Security Chief thinks about the safety of Steelhaven first and foremost but I have to admit I would be skeptical of having a little Nephandus living right next door to Morningstar as well, you might have to find another solution than having the child living in your workshop."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "To be honest, had things been the other way around, I would not be keen on the whole affair, either... I'm not faulting the Chief for doing his job."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I am satisfied the sample will be taken care of properly then."
The archmage said with a little smile though she was clearly still apprehensive about the prospect she was taking a chance of trusting you with such an strong arcane connection to her.
He nodded, "Good... and I appreciate your trust."

"The cells do not restrain me as such they restrain flow of Quintessence between us, so stepping into one are acceptable...but yes I would strongly appreciate being asked about things that affect me, it is the polite thing to do after all and I do expect some manners from my host."
She said her anger was mulling out a bit though she was still a bit miffed.
He sighed softly, 'Yes, I've been a poor host in that regard... things were a bit chaotic and hectic, and I claim post-combat stress as an ameliorating circumstance. Not enough to completely excuse my behaviour, but enough to at least explain that honest slip... I accept all culpability and throw myself at the mercy of the court."

"You already have a flower, amicus," he said, with a faint smile. "Aren't you particularly interested in roses?"
He smiled wryly, "I'm not sure how I would manage to turn my humble rosebush into so spiritual an experience..."

"She might enjoy that, and we know Avatars like Quintessence attuned to their essence."
Crexia said and smiled.
"Though yours do seam to show unusually human emotions Mr Wainwright if you do not mind me saying so."
He nodded, "I think... that might be precisely because she is put together in a more complex manner than most. Less homogenously perfect, and more of a magnificent blend of sometimes conflicting aspects..."

"If you bring your Chantrymate from this room though you are going to either have to bring the girl as well, take her back to the infirmary or find someone else to watch her."
Crexia said.
"We can not have her wandering around free in restraints she can get out of if she give it a good try, I am sorry about that."
He nodded, "She broke her thumb in a panic, tearing her hand out of one of the cuffs - I fastened the cuff on the same wrist as the other, so she could rest a little more comfortably; the effect should hold, all the same, and prevent further injury from a panic attack. She's... not the likely sort to deliberately injure herself to escape the cuffs in any case."

"Very well...I will see you gentlemen there."
Crexia said before she left.
He nodded, "We'll be right behind you."
He glanced sideways at Adley, "Need a shoulder to lean on rather than sprint down the stairs?"

He fished out his phone with a frown, "Hm, bugger if I know - I didn't hear the message tone, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:28 am

Anja's Post:

As Nicole passes through the corridors, she looks around for an impromptu weapon; a metal bar, a mislaid tool, anything. If she does find something, she'll take it with her - trust this shit to kick off on the one time she was unarmed. Hell, she was usually better-equipped while on the can than now...

On arrival, Nicole took the situation in within seconds and evaluated; she'd seen enough bar-room brawls to know how to work out who was the threat.

Nicole cursed inwardly on seeing the pierced woman; if this had been any other time she'd be wearing her usual stuff. Which she was vaguely aware that made her look more like "ex-con" than "Scientist". Instead she drew herself up and flexed out a bit, hoping that her roll-neck was snug enough to show she was no stranger to a bit of rough-and-tumble [attempting Intimidation roll].

'Anton... go and get someone.' Nicole replied softly, not taking her eyes of the woman.

[What gun does the woman have? Are they wielding it like they know how to use it? And what vibe is the woman giving off? And how many 'threats' are there, exactly?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:47 am

Colin:

Colin grimaced, "I suspect changing the locks would mean broken windows... Come to think of it, there's one group who gets abused worse by the Scourge than us, so that analogy fits better..."

"Ah yes indeed Paradox breaks the windows of the Fallen, the analogy do fit."
Crexia said and grinned a little.

He nodded, "To be honest, had things been the other way around, I would not be keen on the whole affair, either... I'm not faulting the Chief for doing his job."

The old archmage nodded at that.

He nodded, "Good... and I appreciate your trust."

Crexia gave a slight smile.
"Well you have shown yourself to be a good man Mr Wainwright but I am not going to claim the who prospect do not put me a bit on edge."

He sighed softly, 'Yes, I've been a poor host in that regard... things were a bit chaotic and hectic, and I claim post-combat stress as an ameliorating circumstance. Not enough to completely excuse my behaviour, but enough to at least explain that honest slip... I accept all culpability and throw myself at the mercy of the court."

"Even if things are hectic it do not mean we should abandon all politeness and manners."
Mia said still quite miffed but then she sigh.
"Very well I guess I will forgive you this time."
She eventually agreed.
"But if it happens again I will be most cross."

He nodded, "I think... that might be precisely because she is put together in a more complex manner than most. Less homogenously perfect, and more of a magnificent blend of sometimes conflicting aspects..."

"I think you are probably right Mr Wainwright. I have heard something similar in the rumors of other shard clusters...she might be of a less high vibrations than other Avatars, be closer in mind to an incarnate being."
Crexia said and she nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "She broke her thumb in a panic, tearing her hand out of one of the cuffs - I fastened the cuff on the same wrist as the other, so she could rest a little more comfortably; the effect should hold, all the same, and prevent further injury from a panic attack. She's... not the likely sort to deliberately injure herself to escape the cuffs in any case."

"I see poor child...however even so she have to have someone looking after her, she can not be left in a room alone, for now she is still a prisoner."
The old Tytalus said and sigh.

He nodded, "We'll be right behind you."

"Well since I am going by the infirmary chances are I will be right behind you gentlemen."
Crexia said and smiled.

He fished out his phone with a frown, "Hm, bugger if I know - I didn't hear the message tone, though..."

The only new message on your phone was from the gas station that you usually filled up your car in, apparently they had a two for one offer on motor oil.

Nicole:

As Nicole passes through the corridors, she looks around for an impromptu weapon; a metal bar, a mislaid tool, anything. If she does find something, she'll take it with her - trust this shit to kick off on the one time she was unarmed. Hell, she was usually better-equipped while on the can than now...

There where not much laying around down here, the basement was kept fairly neat, so without tearing a fixture out of the wall there where little in the way of impromptu weapons to be found.

On arrival, Nicole took the situation in within seconds and evaluated; she'd seen enough bar-room brawls to know how to work out who was the threat.

Well just about everyone here was a threat to someone else but since you knew no one of these people it was a bit hard to say who where on which side. It seamed just about everyone where focused on the man holding the young kid hostage, the two panicked men did not really seam to be a part of it at all they where just in a complete panic and something about them seamed to be...inhuman, as if someone had taken two cryptids, scared them out of their wits and set them loose as a form of distraction.

Nicole cursed inwardly on seeing the pierced woman; if this had been any other time she'd be wearing her usual stuff. Which she was vaguely aware that made her look more like "ex-con" than "Scientist". Instead she drew herself up and flexed out a bit, hoping that her roll-neck was snug enough to show she was no stranger to a bit of rough-and-tumble [attempting Intimidation roll].

The woman with the gun knew how to fight, she noticed you and Anton's arrival but she was more focused on the man holding the apprentice hostage though as she did not know you it was clear she also considered you a potential threat.

'Anton... go and get someone.' Nicole replied softly, not taking her eyes of the woman.

The chemist snapped out of his daze for a moment.
"Yes off course Miss..."
He said and begun to hurry for the stairs in as much hurry as his bad back would allow.

(OOC: A nine mm with her holding it the exact built and make can be hard to determine just by sight. She give off the vibe of someone wanting to protect the young man being held hostage and she is clearly quite angry, everyone save the hostage really is a threat but as the rest try to get the hostage free it is more likely the two cryprids and the man holding a knife on the teenager are the threads and the others are members of the Chantry reacting to the situation but it is hard to be sure.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Crexia gave a slight smile.
"Well you have shown yourself to be a good man Mr Wainwright but I am not going to claim the who prospect do not put me a bit on edge."
Colin smiled thinly, "I understand completely - I'd be just as wary about sending off a blood sample to lands unknown..."

"Even if things are hectic it do not mean we should abandon all politeness and manners."
Mia said still quite miffed but then she sigh.
"Very well I guess I will forgive you this time."
She eventually agreed.
"But if it happens again I will be most cross."
He smiled, 'Thank you, Mia.'

"I think you are probably right Mr Wainwright. I have heard something similar in the rumors of other shard clusters...she might be of a less high vibrations than other Avatars, be closer in mind to an incarnate being."
Crexia said and she nodded in agreement.
He frowned, "Perhaps that's not even the most accurate description, either - it might not be about the height of the vibration, as you put it, but about the number of subtly different frequencies in the same range. Sort of like the number of distinct radio channels in the commercial bandwidth range."

"I see poor child...however even so she have to have someone looking after her, she can not be left in a room alone, for now she is still a prisoner."
The old Tytalus said and sigh.
He nodded, "Precisely why I would prefer coming back for her and Mr. Terach after attempting to secure a better restraint than the pair of cuffs - which I suspect Chief Joakim would want back before I leave in any case."

"Well since I am going by the infirmary chances are I will be right behind you gentlemen."
Crexia said and smiled.
He nodded, "Ah, we'll make an incidental foot race of it, then. No wagers or anything, of course."

The only new message on your phone was from the gas station that you usually filled up your car in, apparently they had a two for one offer on motor oil.
He frowned, "Hum... The gas station near the Chantry has a two-for-one offer on motor oil. Might be of interest to you once your car is roadworthy again."

((OOC: Colin doesn't have a car... Razz License, yes, car, no. Doesn't see the budget for a presentable car and all the insurance issues associated, y'know. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole continued to stare down the woman as Anton went off. 'Holding a person hostage only works if everyone gives a shit about them.' she said quietly, almost a throwaway comment. 'It's a bit like nukes... only works as a threat. If you use 'em, you lose 'em - and any power of the threat.' keeping an eye on everyone as best as she could, tone as though Nicole was merely thinking aloud.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "I understand completely - I'd be just as wary about sending off a blood sample to lands unknown..."

"I am thankful that you are understanding about it Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and nodded clearly still a little uneasy.

He smiled, 'Thank you, Mia."

Your Avatar settled down in your soul, ruffled feathers and all.

He frowned, "Perhaps that's not even the most accurate description, either - it might not be about the height of the vibration, as you put it, but about the number of subtly different frequencies in the same range. Sort of like the number of distinct radio channels in the commercial bandwidth range."

"Hum...you might be right actually."
Crexia said as she pondered the question.
"In either case I am sure Master Ir would love to examine that Avatar of yours...with her permission off course, she seams quite unique."

He nodded, "Precisely why I would prefer coming back for her and Mr. Terach after attempting to secure a better restraint than the pair of cuffs - which I suspect Chief Joakim would want back before I leave in any case."

"I really depends on how much of a hurry you are in...listen go to the cafeteria and see if you find your Chantrymate there, when I am at the infirmary I will see if anyone I trust is there and send them to take over babysitting duty until you  can come back for the kid and send Mr Terach down to meet with the rest of you, do that sound like a workable plan?"
Rhe archmage asked.

He nodded, "Ah, we'll make an incidental foot race of it, then. No wagers or anything, of course."

Crexia grinned a little about that as she headed down the hallway past the group of mages waiting in line by the infirmary.

Nicole:

The woman was not very tall but she was rather stocky, she had jaw length, curly blond hair and sharp blue eyes that had seen to much she glanced over at you and muttered.
"Who the hell are you?"
Before returning her attention to the man with a knife.
"I want the kid back safe no question there he is the apprentice of one of the Hermetics however I am not about to let a mother fucking Nephands do whatever he pleases."
She said but she did not take the shot yet, it was to big of a chance to hit the apprentice.

One of the cryptids, the one the looked like a school teacher ran in your direction but he did not really seam aggressive, just terrified and the fire in the corridor was freaking him out and he was sort of running around like a maniac trying to find a safe space and finding none, and while he was scared and not aggressive that did not mean he would not attack when out of his mind like that.

(OOC: Ah yes sorry I forgot Colin do not have a car, then again I am sure there have been some reason for him to use that gas station for something for him to get a spam message from them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:19 pm

'The new girl having a crap first day.' Nicole replied, watching the hostage-taker intently, trying to gauge the threat level - though still remaining aware of the rest. Body poised, ready to move in a seconds' notice. 'Clearly, they think we're all do-gooders who'll do anything to save the kid. Pity I'm a bitch.' ending with a small glower to the hostage-taker. Attempting a little psychology; making it clear that from the looks of it, if the kid died somebody would get him.

[Thought the woman was the hostage-taker... d'oh!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next