Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 22 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:08 pm

She said as she headed down to the basement again, you passed two young women who nodded to Cara and gave you some odd glances, then you where in the same corridor as the portal room only Cara did not lead you there, she stopped before one door, checked no one was inside and indicated it for you.
"This should be private enough."
She said.

"Yes this should be perfect. Now time to see if Master Morgan knows how to use his phone." Serge said humorously as he dialed the number into his phone and lifted it to his ears waiting for a response.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 22 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Nicole:

"No that should be all...I think room 305 is available if you want to have a look at it."
Jeffry said he rummaged in one of his drawers and tossed you a key. Renee stood and bowed to the old Hermetic.
"I can take her to the Von Hess' apartment I know the way Sir."
She offered and Jeffry smiled.
"Thank you Miss Rembrandt I appreciate the help."
He said and Renee gave a wry grin.
"You know it is still Mrs Rembrandt Master Morgan I have been married for eight years now."
Jeffry gave Renee a small bow.
"Ah yes off course forgive me Mrs Rembrandt, in any case I assume you came buy about the work contract for teaching Mr Wainwright how to pilot my Umbral shuttle, if you come back to my office when you have shown your Traditionmate where the Von Hess couple lives we can get the paperwork done."
Renee nodded.
"Very well Master Morgan I will do that."
Then she looked at you.
"Should we go and talk with Anton Von Hess and get out of Master Morgan's hair?"
She asked as she headed for the office door. Jeffry stood to show the two of you out, he turned to you.
"Welcome to Steelhaven Miss Bouchard."
The you heard the phone on his desk ring and the old Hermetic sigh.
"Ah please forgive me ladies."
He said and went to pick up his phone as you and Renee was on your way out of his office.

Serge:

"Well yes some of the older Masters do have a bit of an issue with technology."
Cara said before she walked away from the small ritual room to give you some privacy. You called Jeffry Morgan and after a few rings you heard his gruff voice.
"This is Morgan...who is this and what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:55 pm

"This is Morgan...who is this and what can I do for you?"

"Hey Master Morgan. This is Serge Yager. I'm just calling to tell you about the information that I've learned." Serge began.

"First of all I can almost guarantee that the attack will be quiet and will be carried out by one or a small group of people. Their probably won't be any massive siege against Steelhaven." Serge said recounting what he had learned as he made a copy of the picture.

"Secondly, when I talked with Meg Lopes, I asked her why the women in the picture were dancing around the key. In response she drew a picture of a king sitting on top of a chest full of horrid things with those same 3 women offering him a key but holding chains and shackles behind his back. When I asked who the king was she gave me a picture of a black man and her teacher helped me figure our that the king was likely one of the Aswadim. The picture is likely depicting a betrayal of some sorts with those three women planning on luring and trapping the Aswadim. It's probably what that ritual they plan on doing is supposed to do." Serge said recalling the information he had learned from the second picture.

"Also apparently Lisa Larson has mages of high-standing on on her payroll so perhaps that is what those two moons are referring to. But I recently learned that those two moon may also represent the two labyrinths that are involved in the plot." Serge said concluding with some of the information he recieved from the Joakim.

"I'm afraid I couldn't get any more information as to how the Nephandi plan on entering Steelhaven or what they plan on doing." Serge said sadly.

"How is everything in Steelhaven? Did anything happen?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:17 pm

"Hey Master Morgan. This is Serge Yager. I'm just calling to tell you about the information that I've learned." Serge began.

"Very well thank you Mr Yager what have you found out?"
Jeffry said.

"First of all I can almost guarantee that the attack will be quiet and will be carried out by one or a small group of people. Their probably won't be any massive siege against Steelhaven." Serge said recounting what he had learned as he made a copy of the picture.

"That would make sense the question then is how they are going to try to sneak in here, the Chantry is pretty well warded but one never know...I have put additional guards on our prisoners and increased security but yes this do worry me."

"Secondly, when I talked with Meg Lopes, I asked her why the women in the picture were dancing around the key. In response she drew a picture of a king sitting on top of a chest full of horrid things with those same 3 women offering him a key but holding chains and shackles behind his back. When I asked who the king was she gave me a picture of a black man and her teacher helped me figure our that the king was likely one of the Aswadim.

"I see well that makes a disturbing amount of sense considering what we already know."
Jeffry said over the phone.

The picture is likely depicting a betrayal of some sorts with those three women planning on luring and trapping the Aswadim. It's probably what that ritual they plan on doing is supposed to do." Serge said recalling the information he had learned from the second picture.

"Agreed, this is not something we should discuss over the phone though Mr Yager."

"Also apparently Lisa Larson has mages of high-standing on on her payroll so perhaps that is what those two moons are referring to. But I recently learned that those two moon may also represent the two labyrinths that are involved in the plot." Serge said concluding with some of the information he recieved from the Joakim.

"What may be happening on Horizon is definitively not something to be discussing over the phone!"
The old Hermetic warned.
"As for the two moons well yes I guess you are right they can represent the two Labyrinths that are involved, that is definitively a possibility yes."

"I'm afraid I couldn't get any more information as to how the Nephandi plan on entering Steelhaven or what they plan on doing." Serge said sadly.

"That is quite alright, you have done well Mr Yager, hopefully it is enough to stop the attack before it do any harm to Steelhaven, thank you."

"How is everything in Steelhaven? Did anything happen?" Serge asked curiously.

"So far no, nothing have happened, but that do not mean that we are out of the woods on this yet as we do not know exactly when this attack will take place...for now just seek out our people over there in Chicago and return with them, hopefully there will not be to much trouble here when you come back."
He instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:35 pm

You work the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram and again you feel it calming and soothing your Avatar, she liked it's soft, gentle energies. You sit down and meditate to gather your thoughts. You can feel your Avatar sitting down beside you, wrapping you in her wings. "Your home is in danger..." She whispered in your ear.
The few moments of relative contentment were brought up sharply short at this statement, through the warmth of his avatar's comfort. "Steelhaven is in danger?" he asked aloud. "What kind of danger, what's happening? " he added at the warning, sounding still half in his meditative state but becoming more alert, eyes opening and glancing around in a measure of alarm. "We have to go back home, now and stop it!"

// no worries Anja, all good. I'm off to do some yardwork/gardening today

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:40 pm

"So far no, nothing have happened, but that do not mean that we are out of the woods on this yet as we do not know exactly when this attack will take place...for now just seek out our people over there in Chicago and return with them, hopefully there will not be to much trouble here when you come back."
He instructed.

"All right. I already found Miss Mundis. I'll try and look for the others." Serge said.

After saying his farewells Serge left the ritual room and looked around for Cara.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Crexia raised an eyebrow but did not comment.
"Well then the measurements of the pine cone if you wanted me to make a temporary case for it if you please?"
She said.
Colin smiled wryly, "It was a Verbena scrying that hit an aggressive ward... things caught fire, and I reacted without thinking. It worked, we avoided any serious damage or injury, but it was... unpleasant."
He held up the pine cone to Crexia, "Er, here you go... normally I'd be able to tell its size accurately, but without magic, I', left with approximating it to about two and a half inches long, and about one and a half across at the widest, or about 6.4 cm long and 3.8 cm across. Roughly."

"Sounds good, though maybe we will just be repeating ourselves if we're talking to the others." He shrugged. "I suppose a brief check in could be worth it, though. We'll see, but rest...yes, I will try to rest up some more. I wish I could bank sleep!"
He grinned, "Spoken like a true soldier, man."

"Well young Miss Adlebloom would not be please if you should fail."
Udella joked.
He grinned wryly, "I don't think I'd appreciate that failure, either."

The few moments of relative contentment were brought up sharply short at this statement, through the warmth of his avatar's comfort. "Steelhaven is in danger?" he asked aloud. "What kind of danger, what's happening? " he added at the warning, sounding still half in his meditative state but becoming more alert, eyes opening and glancing around in a measure of alarm. "We have to go back home, now and stop it!"
He frowned and looked up at Crexia, "Bugger... I'm useless for a while yet... can you safely increase the temporal disparity?"

"I have a notebook with me, hopefully that will be enough."
Udella said and fetched a large notebook from her belt pouch.
He nodded and waited for Udella to cast the spell, then leaned back, closing his eyes and starting to recite the memories, "It's twenty years from now, and the base ship The Shara is trembling high above Horizon; we're being boarded, and the ship's second in command, Lieutenant Bergamott Lefebvre, of the Children of Ether is barking orders at me to hop into one of the personal fighter craft to help defend the rest of the zeppelins..."

((OOC: So, do you just sum up Colin's visions if necessary now, or should I write out all of it in one huge-ass wall of text? Wink ))

((OOC2: Tournament went about as expected. The directing involved a kicking chicken, though I don't think the English language - in any form - has an idiom that directly translates... ))

((OOC3: Yes, we need to arrange a Magic day. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Adley and Colin:

You felt regret from your Avatar for a moment.
"I can not tell you, I can not get involved I am here just to guide and by that be guided, but yes Steelhaven is in danger. A mage child have come from your Chantry, one you do not yet know he can tell you more and he will be looking for you."
The fire angle said before she retreated back into your soul, she could not take more action that that, she would not become like Matty Carlyle's broken soul, nor make you to dependent on her advice as to stifle your own development.

Udella and Crexia glanced in your direction.
"What are you talking about Sodalis?"
Crexia asked.
"Steelhaven is in danger? How do you know this and what is happening?"

Colin smiled wryly, "It was a Verbena scrying that hit an aggressive ward... things caught fire, and I reacted without thinking. It worked, we avoided any serious damage or injury, but it was... unpleasant."

The old archmage nodded.
"I see well I am glad that the situation was resolved without any serious injury or harm."
Was all she had to say to that.

He held up the pine cone to Crexia, "Er, here you go... normally I'd be able to tell its size accurately, but without magic, I', left with approximating it to about two and a half inches long, and about one and a half across at the widest, or about 6.4 cm long and 3.8 cm across. Roughly."

Crexia nodded at looked at the pine cone for a moment then she picket up one of her needles, threaded in in black cotton and started sewing plastic wrapping, egg shells and other trash together and as shew sewed the various bits and pieces of garbage started taking shape, turning into fine green leather stitched in white until she held a small square case in her hands, it was leader around thin wood with a soft foam interior that fit perfectly to the pine cone, the case even held an etching of Verbena's Tradition symbol and Tytalus' House symbol on the lid...just to show off, just a little. The old archmage clipped of her thread and examined the case then handed it to you.
"This should do for now I think Mr Wainwright."
She said with a hint of a grin, she knew how good she was at this, just how much finesse she had with her magick and that pride in her liked to show off every now and again.

He grinned wryly, "I don't think I'd appreciate that failure, either."

"No that would likely be quite bad for everyone involved."
She agreed.

He frowned and looked up at Crexia, "Bugger... I'm useless for a while yet... can you safely increase the temporal disparity?"

"I can, but it will fell somewhat dizzying when the spell ends."
Crexia warned and she retreaded her needle with silver colored thread and started outlining her spiral with it in quick, precise motions, you both could feel your stomach fluttering, it felt like going down during a trip with a roller coaster but it was not to uncomfortable, then the feeling evened out.
"I have shaved the twenty minutes we had left on the outside down to about two."
The archmage explained.
"I hope it was not to uncomfortable."

He nodded and waited for Udella to cast the spell, then leaned back, closing his eyes and starting to recite the memories, "It's twenty years from now, and the base ship The Shara is trembling high above Horizon; we're being boarded, and the ship's second in command, Lieutenant Bergamott Lefebvre, of the Children of Ether is barking orders at me to hop into one of the personal fighter craft to help defend the rest of the zeppelins..."

"I know it is hard to know your home is in danger but for now there is little we can do about it other than try to make our time in the bubble useful, so let us get this done old friend."
Udella said and she drank down the cup of tea filled with ink and grimaced, then she gently put one of her hands against your right temple and the other on a blank page of her notebook and as you thought about your visions ink bled from her fingers and formed letters on the page. Udella said nothing as more and more pages where filled, pausing only to flip the page of her notebook when needed.

(OOC: No you do not need to write it all out we know what it will say.)
(OOC 2: Well if Maude continue getting better perhaps next weekend or the one after that would work for me.)

Serge:

"Very well stay safe until you return."
Jeffry said and hung up on the call.

Cara stood a little ways down the hall waiting for you.
"Did you get your call done okey Mr Yager?"
She asked and gave you a polite smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Cara stood a little ways down the hall waiting for you.
"Did you get your call done okey Mr Yager?"
She asked and gave you a polite smile.

"Yeah everything went ok." Serge said returning the polite smile with one of his own.

"Master Morgan told me to find the rest of my Chantrymates and return with them. Can you help me look for them? I might get lost in here if I went searching for them on my own."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:39 pm

"Glad to hear your rapport to your leader went as it should Mr Yager."
Cara said and nodded.
"Very well do you want to return to the cafeteria and Miss Mundis then perhaps and we can see if she can help you find the rest of the group? That might be a good place to start."
The Criamon asked then she nodded.
"Off course I can help you look for them."
She agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 pm

"Very well do you want to return to the cafeteria and Miss Mundis then perhaps and we can see if she can help you find the rest of the group? That might be a good place to start."
The Criamon asked then she nodded.
"Off course I can help you look for them."
She agreed.

"The Cafeteria sounds like a good place to start. Lead the way." Serge said as he opened to a new place in his sketchbook, planning on drawings interesting things that he saw during the trip.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole caught the key, said her goodbye to the Hermetic and followed Renee out of the office. 'That [visiting Von Hess] would be a good idea. I need his chemistry set and it's polite to ask beforehand.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Serge:

Cara nodded she glanced at your sketchbook.
"Can you even draw when walking around Mr Yager?"
She asked as you where walking back to the caffeteria, getting there you saw that Francesca had returned after speaking with the other Euthanatoi she spoke about.
"Did you find out anything more Mr Yager?"
The death maga asked.
"I spoke with Adjan, he says Mr Wainwright and Mr Roth Hicks are in a time bubble but should return fairly soon, he himself is up in one of the rooms upstairs babysitting as I said."

Nicole:

Renee nodded.
"Follow me then Nicole."
She said and she begun to lead the way up the staircase, now and again other people passed by a dark haired man who might be Italian who looked like he was having a bad day, he glanced at you but said nothing. A plump girl with dark hair and pretty brown eyes wearing a flowing white shirt and short black shirts gave you a smile, she was carrying a stack of books. Renee lead you to one door and knocked on it, after a few moments a middle aged woman opened, she was thin and pale, wearing a dark pink dress with a flower print, the women looked down.
"Mrs Rembrandt and ehm...a guest? How can I help you?"
She said politely and Renee smiled.
"Mrs Von Hess this is Miss Bounchard she is looking to have a word with your husband if possible."
The Etherite said and the woman in the pink dress nodded.
"Yes of course, how do you do Miss Bouchard I will go and tell Anton someone is here to see him, if you will excuse me."
She said shyly and vanished into the apartment again. Beyond the door you saw a neat living room with a bit of an old fashioned look to it, a unusually pretty blond girl that looked like a porcelain doll sat in a chair staring stiffly into nothingness and in the kitchenette beyond the living room, at the kitchen table sat a sad faced man with graying hair mechanically peeling carrots not seaming to much care what he was doing. Mrs Von Hess went to another man, this one also gray haired an quite thin and frail looking who sat beside the man with the carrots trying to engage him in conversation with little success it seamed. The thin man nodded to what his wife was saying and stood, the carrot peeler did not stop his work or even look up as Anton Von Hess went to the door. Anton was grunt, he was a little bent forward perhaps he had some lower back issues, his hair was short, gray and thinning and his nose was thin and sharp. Anton had intelligent, blue eyes and was wearing a white shirt, a brown and green patterned knitted jacket and dark blue pants, now he regarded you and Renee for a moment then he looked down nervously.
"Ehm good morning...Mrs Rembrandt, my wife said you had a person with you who wanted to see me."
The hedge wizard said politely then he turned to you.
"Good morning Madam, I am Anton Von Hess linear member of the Sons of Ether...how may I be of assistance?"
The man spoke in a soft, subservient way and looked like he was afraid you or Renee might hit him at any moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Cara nodded she glanced at your sketchbook.
"Can you even draw when walking around Mr Yager?"

"Sure it's not too difficult. Since it's my main instrument when using magick I've gotten quite good at drawing regardless of what I'm doing. Also I just draw whatever catches my eye. I don't expect to make a complete picture of anything. Just small sketches here and there." Serge explained as he followed Cara.

"Nor do I want to. I'd much prefer taking what I see, altering it in my head, and drawing that. Suits of ancient medieval armor lining this hallway would be interesting, maybe a dragon wondering the hall, or superman giving me a thumbs up in the cafeteria. Fun stuff like that." Serge said with a smile as he continued to draw Chantry Morningstar in his own vision.

She asked as you where walking back to the caffeteria, getting there you saw that Francesca had returned after speaking with the other Euthanatoi she spoke about.
"Did you find out anything more Mr Yager?"
The death maga asked.

"I managed to figure out most of the images within the picture with the help of MorningStar's Security Chief. I also learned a couple more things that helped shed light as to the events of the picture that I don't think I can discuss here. I already told Master Morgan what I learned and he assured me that Steelhaven is fine.....for now." Serge said updating the death maga as to what had happened.

"I spoke with Adjan, he says Mr Wainwright and Mr Roth Hicks are in a time bubble but should return fairly soon, he himself is up in one of the rooms upstairs babysitting as I said."

"Master Moragn asked me to meet up with you guys and return back home with you. So I suppose I'll just wait here till Mr Wainwright and Mr Roth Hicks are out of the time bubble. By the way, why are they in a time bubble?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole didn't notice the people passing by; she seemed to be deep in thought. On arriving at the door, she held back a bit, allowing Renee to do the talking. Looked around the room with a look on her face which showed mild interest and a touch of... unease? Snapped out of it though on the man's approach; once he'd introduced himself Nicole gave a friendly, genuine smile.

'Hi. I'm Nicole, just come in to Boston.' proffering her gloved hand in greetings - not that she particularly wished to do the latter, but it was all about making an effort. And appearances.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:03 pm

The old archmage nodded.
"I see well I am glad that the situation was resolved without any serious injury or harm."
Was all she had to say to that.
Colin smiled wryly, "Perhaps a slightly hurt dignity or two, but yes, it was fortunately resolved."

Crexia nodded at looked at the pine cone for a moment then she picket up one of her needles, threaded in in black cotton and started sewing plastic wrapping, egg shells and other trash together and as shew sewed the various bits and pieces of garbage started taking shape, turning into fine green leather stitched in white until she held a small square case in her hands, it was leader around thin wood with a soft foam interior that fit perfectly to the pine cone, the case even held an etching of Verbena's Tradition symbol and Tytalus' House symbol on the lid...just to show off, just a little. The old archmage clipped of her thread and examined the case then handed it to you.
"This should do for now I think Mr Wainwright."
She said with a hint of a grin, she knew how good she was at this, just how much finesse she had with her magick and that pride in her liked to show off every now and again.
He arched an eyebrow as he gently placed the pine cone in the case and closed it, "Well, now, I do hope you're not planning on making a habit of this - you'll put my usual supplier out of work, the poor woman... I don't think this shall need a replacement at any time, so long as it's handled with a little care and respect."

"I can, but it will fell somewhat dizzying when the spell ends."
Crexia warned and she retreaded her needle with silver colored thread and started outlining her spiral with it in quick, precise motions, you both could feel your stomach fluttering, it felt like going down during a trip with a roller coaster but it was not to uncomfortable, then the feeling evened out.
"I have shaved the twenty minutes we had left on the outside down to about two."
The archmage explained.
"I hope it was not to uncomfortable."
He cast a glance over at Adley to see how he was faring, and shrugged, "I'm a pilot - the sensation was about comparable to a 500 foot freefall from about 5,000 feet. Not enough to unnerve an experienced pilot, but I don't know how well Adley handles that sort of an abrupt shift; some people get motion sickness more easily than others."

"I know it is hard to know your home is in danger but for now there is little we can do about it other than try to make our time in the bubble useful, so let us get this done old friend."
Udella said and she drank down the cup of tea filled with ink and grimaced, then she gently put one of her hands against your right temple and the other on a blank page of her notebook and as you thought about your visions ink bled from her fingers and formed letters on the page. Udella said nothing as more and more pages where filled, pausing only to flip the page of her notebook when needed.
He kept detailing the visions - the one where Patrick had swung by for dinner and let slip the comment about the trouble with House Jannissary, the one of carrying Beatrice to the Verbena clinic on Horizon, the one where he and Anna visited France in December, and so on... even the one where he first met Anna from her perspective in the Labyrinth.

((OOC: Well, let's see - I believe Saturday is out of the picture; Adventurers' League. Sunday, though, I should be free... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Serge:

"Sure it's not too difficult. Since it's my main instrument when using magick I've gotten quite good at drawing regardless of what I'm doing. Also I just draw whatever catches my eye. I don't expect to make a complete picture of anything. Just small sketches here and there." Serge explained as he followed Cara.

The young Criamon nodded at that.
"I see well it is a useful skill to have then, however it is still quite impressive dexterity you got there, just keeping the drawing surface stable while working alone have to be a challenge."
She said as she walked beside you.

"Nor do I want to. I'd much prefer taking what I see, altering it in my head, and drawing that. Suits of ancient medieval armor lining this hallway would be interesting, maybe a dragon wondering the hall, or superman giving me a thumbs up in the cafeteria. Fun stuff like that." Serge said with a smile as he continued to draw Chantry Morningstar in his own vision.

"Hum...well I guess that in a way you change reality thorough your drawings even if that world is in your head, it is a good way to see the world I think, to make it more interesting when you feel the need to."
Cara said and smiled.

"I managed to figure out most of the images within the picture with the help of MorningStar's Security Chief. I also learned a couple more things that helped shed light as to the events of the picture that I don't think I can discuss here. I already told Master Morgan what I learned and he assured me that Steelhaven is fine.....for now." Serge said updating the death maga as to what had happened.

Francesca smiled a little but she was also clearly concerned over the safety of her home and she looked at you and nodded.
"Good...well I guess that is all we can do for now, though I do wish I where over there and able to help if an attack do happen."
She said sounding a bit impatient.

"Master Moragn asked me to meet up with you guys and return back home with you. So I suppose I'll just wait here till Mr Wainwright and Mr Roth Hicks are out of the time bubble. By the way, why are they in a time bubble?" Serge asked.

"That might be a good idea, at least here in a cafeteria they will find us and we pretty much know where Adjan is...as for why Mr Roth Hicks and Mr Wainwright is in the time bubble that I do not know, probably they are getting some rest these last few days have been hard on them, or perhaps they are working out some plan and did not want to spend allot of time as we usually experience it on it."
The death maga said and frowned.

Nicole:

Anton took your hand and shook it but his grip was a little uncertain and he looked down.
"It is a pleasure to meet you Madame, how may I be of service?"
He asked and smiled at you before he looked down again.

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Perhaps a slightly hurt dignity or two, but yes, it was fortunately resolved."

"Well a bit of bruised dignity will heal Mr Wainwright."
Was all Crexia had to say to that.

He arched an eyebrow as he gently placed the pine cone in the case and closed it, "Well, now, I do hope you're not planning on making a habit of this - you'll put my usual supplier out of work, the poor woman... I don't think this shall need a replacement at any time, so long as it's handled with a little care and respect."

"I will try to contain myself with how many I make."
Crexia said dryly though beyond that it was clear that she was quite pleased that you liked the case.
"Hopefully it will keep the pine cone safe until you get back to Steelhaven."

He cast a glance over at Adley to see how he was faring, and shrugged, "I'm a pilot - the sensation was about comparable to a 500 foot freefall from about 5,000 feet. Not enough to unnerve an experienced pilot, but I don't know how well Adley handles that sort of an abrupt shift; some people get motion sickness more easily than others."

Crexia nodded at that and looked at Adley.
"Are you alright Sodalis?"
She asked before she returned her attention to you.
"Well it is not really motion, at least not in space but the sensation can be similar."

He kept detailing the visions - the one where Patrick had swung by for dinner and let slip the comment about the trouble with House Jannissary, the one of carrying Beatrice to the Verbena clinic on Horizon, the one where he and Anna visited France in December, and so on... even the one where he first met Anna from her perspective in the Labyrinth.

Udella nodded but said nothing as you told her about your visions, letting you tell them in peace as ink poured out of her. She stopped you on one occasion to make another cup of tea and add more ink to it before drinking it then she continued. Once you where done she handed you the nearly full notebook, it was small and bound in brown leather with black stitching, plain but of fairly good quality.
"Well now those visions are remarkable old friend."
She muttered.
"And so similar to the types of visits from their future selves that Heylel used to have, that he told me about."
The old Enforcer said then she looked at the notebook.
"Would you want me to take copies of this or do you want to keep it with you Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: It depend on how well Maude gets this week if I can host anything next weekend if she is still weak I might have to wait until the week after as I do not want to stress her.)

(OOC 2: What do you guys say to splitting the scene and finish up in the time bubble but at the same time run a scene where Colin and Adley come out of it so they can meet up with Serge so his player do not have to wait to long?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Anja's Post:

'Just call me Nicole.' she said, giving a little nod as she withdrew her hand. 'Heard you're a chemist, right?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:12 pm

The young Criamon nodded at that.
"I see well it is a useful skill to have then, however it is still quite impressive dexterity you got there, just keeping the drawing surface stable while working alone have to be a challenge."
She said as she walked beside you.

"I am not dexterous in the slightest. But after more than 10 years of drawing even my below-average fingers can learn to do this stuff quickly." Serge admitted with a smile.

"I suppose keeping this massive sketchbook stable while walking or running can prove to be a challenge sometimes. But sloppy messy art is still art and sometimes evokes a stronger message then the pieces that are meticulously detailed and take hours to draw." Serge explained.

Francesca smiled a little but she was also clearly concerned over the safety of her home and she looked at you and nodded.
"Good...well I guess that is all we can do for now, though I do wish I where over there and able to help if an attack do happen."
She said sounding a bit impatient.
"That might be a good idea, at least here in a cafeteria they will find us and we pretty much know where Adjan is...as for why Mr Roth Hicks and Mr Wainwright is in the time bubble that I do not know, probably they are getting some rest these last few days have been hard on them, or perhaps they are working out some plan and did not want to spend allot of time as we usually experience it on it."
The death maga said and frowned.

"So I guess we wait." Serge said taking a seat near Mundis. "Honestly from what I've heard you guys probably need all of the rest you can get."

"While we wait might I might as well show you the drawing that started all of this. Although it is just a copy that I made when I was trying to decipher the original picture." Serge said flipping through the pages in his sketchbook and turning to the magickally-drawn copy of Meg's original drawing and showing it to the death maga.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:19 am

"I will try to contain myself with how many I make."
Crexia said dryly though beyond that it was clear that she was quite pleased that you liked the case.
"Hopefully it will keep the pine cone safe until you get back to Steelhaven."
Colin grinned, "Oh, I'm sure the box will outlast the pine cone."

Crexia nodded at that and looked at Adley.
"Are you alright Sodalis?"
She asked before she returned her attention to you.
"Well it is not really motion, at least not in space but the sensation can be similar."
He nodded, and frowned, "Hum, the sensation is essentially the same, I'd say - and really, spacetime is just four dimensions in one; you can't really meaningfully separate one from the three others. If you make a simple six-sided die, it has height, width, depth and duration in time - making it without any one of those is... just not viable."

Udella nodded but said nothing as you told her about your visions, letting you tell them in peace as ink poured out of her. She stopped you on one occasion to make another cup of tea and add more ink to it before drinking it then she continued. Once you where done she handed you the nearly full notebook, it was small and bound in brown leather with black stitching, plain but of fairly good quality.
"Well now those visions are remarkable old friend."
She muttered.
"And so similar to the types of visits from their future selves that Heylel used to have, that he told me about."
The old Enforcer said then she looked at the notebook.
"Would you want me to take copies of this or do you want to keep it with you Mr Wainwright?"
He pondered briefly, skimming through the pages, so full of delicate handwriting, "I think... there's not many people I would trust as far as you with these transcripts... An expurgated copy of a few choice segments might be highly valuable for addressing the use of the serum... among other things. I trust you'll be able to best judge which... elements should not be made available to the general public, as it were."

((OOC: Good call. Wouldn't want to upset the old dear unduly.))

((OOC2: Unless you or S7trif3 think there's something more to discuss more deeply within the bubble, I'm fine with glossing over the rest of the talk and get another nap before the bubble bursts. What do you guys think? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:42 am

Udella and Crexia glanced in your direction. "What are you talking about Sodalis?" Crexia asked. "Steelhaven is in danger? How do you know this and what is happening?"
"My avatar is warning me that Steelhaven is in danger and a mage...child?" he tilted his head, and finished, "from home is looking for us!"
"I can, but it will fell somewhat dizzying when the spell ends." Crexia warned and she retreaded her needle with silver colored thread and started outlining her spiral with it in quick, precise motions, you both could feel your stomach fluttering, it felt like going down during a trip with a roller coaster but it was not to uncomfortable, then the feeling evened out. "I have shaved the twenty minutes we had left on the outside down to about two." The archmage explained. "I hope it was not to uncomfortable."
He gave a start, as if he'd suddenly had a bout of bad stomach, or there was a drop from turbulence while sitting in an air plane. "So...we still have all those hours?" he seemed a bit confused and antsy, now knowing there were problems. "But outside it's two minutes?"
Crexia nodded at that and looked at Adley. "Are you alright Sodalis?" She asked before she returned her attention to you.
He nodded, and frowned, "Hum, the sensation is essentially the same, I'd say - and really, spacetime is just four dimensions in one; you can't really meaningfully separate one from the three others. If you make a simple six-sided die, it has height, width, depth and duration in time - making it without any one of those is... just not viable."
"I feel a little...spinny...I can't quite explain it, like I'm going fast but not going anywhere, travellers nausea but," he shrugged, "better than worrying about what's happening while we're in here and can't get out to help," he said, as his food shifted in his gut."
He frowned. "I guess you're right...I'll make best use I can." It was clear though he wanted to get out and go and help right then. He gave a look at the walls and sighed.

// I think depending on all that's left to do, if they have time, is to get another rest in and /maybe/ some simple prep spells like prime/spirit sense, right near the end, owing to the time dilation. So there's not much need to go into detail, if we can do those as an OOC roll, we can just move to the next scene. Cuts out having a lot of scenes going on at once : ) Is there any penalty once they leave the bubble for disorientation?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 am

Nicole:

Anton looked rather uncertain then she nodded.
"As you wish Nicole..."
He said softly as if he feared using your name.
"Yes I am a chemist that is correct."
He confirmed.

Serge:

"I am not dexterous in the slightest. But after more than 10 years of drawing even my below-average fingers can learn to do this stuff quickly." Serge admitted with a smile.

"That makes sense I guess, well in either case I do think it is impressive."
Cara said and smiled.

"I suppose keeping this massive sketchbook stable while walking or running can prove to be a challenge sometimes. But sloppy messy art is still art and sometimes evokes a stronger message then the pieces that are meticulously detailed and take hours to draw." Serge explained.

The Criamon nodded at that.
"Yes I see the same thing with my apprentice at times."
She admitted as she glanced over at your drawings.

"So I guess we wait." Serge said taking a seat near Mundis. "Honestly from what I've heard you guys probably need all of the rest you can get."

"Well yes it have been a long week with allot of shit happening."
Francesca said and leaned back in her chair.
"If you excuse my language."

"While we wait might I might as well show you the drawing that started all of this. Although it is just a copy that I made when I was trying to decipher the original picture." Serge said flipping through the pages in his sketchbook and turning to the magickally-drawn copy of Meg's original drawing and showing it to the death maga.

The Euthanathos leaned over to regard the drawing and she studied for a moment.
"While I am not sure how to decipher that at all, it certainly do not look good."
She said and shook her head.
"I do wonder what the six wolves three on either side means."

Colin and Adley:

Colin grinned, "Oh, I'm sure the box will outlast the pine cone."

Crexia smiled a little at that.
"Well I did try to make it sturdy."

"Very true or at least that is how human senses see time, as a river we travel down."
The archmage agreed and nodded.
"And interesting example perhaps I will borrow it to explain this notion at some point if you do not mind that is Mr Wainwright."

He pondered briefly, skimming through the pages, so full of delicate handwriting, "I think... there's not many people I would trust as far as you with these transcripts... An expurgated copy of a few choice segments might be highly valuable for addressing the use of the serum... among other things. I trust you'll be able to best judge which... elements should not be made available to the general public, as it were."

"I am honored by your trust in me Mr Wainwright and I will keep the transcripts safe."
Udella said and gave you a warm smile.
"Yes the section on what was found during Anna's examination might be wise to copy as it shows what long term use of the serum do and there is nothing to personal in that section other than the girl's fear which might actually add sympathy to a case against the serum's use."
She suggested.

"My avatar is warning me that Steelhaven is in danger and a mage...child?" he tilted his head, and finished, "from home is looking for us!"

"Well if your Chantry is in danger your Deacons could have sent someone to give a message to your party Sodalis and it would be reasonable to send a young an unexperienced member both to keep them safe and since they would be less useful in a fight."
Udella said and frowned.
"It is not good news in either case."

He gave a start, as if he'd suddenly had a bout of bad stomach, or there was a drop from turbulence while sitting in an air plane. "So...we still have all those hours?" he seemed a bit confused and antsy, now knowing there were problems. "But outside it's two minutes?"

"That is correct, the time we have already spent have taken around ten minutes but the rest of the hours will pass in two, when you do not see time as linear it is easy enough to manipulate."
Crexia explained.

"I feel a little...spinny...I can't quite explain it, like I'm going fast but not going anywhere, travellers nausea but," he shrugged, "better than worrying about what's happening while we're in here and can't get out to help," he said, as his food shifted in his gut."

"I am very sorry Sodalis the more time such a field that I have created disperses the more uncomfortable it will be for those inside of the bubble who are not used to it."
The old Tytalus said apologetically.

He frowned. "I guess you're right...I'll make best use I can." It was clear though he wanted to get out and go and help right then. He gave a look at the walls and sighed.

"Remember Sodalis it will only be two minutes on the outside..."
Udella said softly.
"I know it is hard but if the bubble is just stopped right now Mr Wainwright will be without his magick for hours, this way two minutes are sacrificed to get another fully functional mage for the fight, I would say that is a good trade of."
She said and gave you a kind smile.

(OOC: That works for me, if you two just give me a OOC post about what you do with the rest of the time and rolls for spells done we can leave it at that as there is not so much more to do in the bubble so doing it aa downtime works well. I would say that Adley might feel queasy for a few minutes after he is out of the bubble and get a minus one for let us say about five minutes, Colin should be fine since he is a pilot and is used to such feelings.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:10 am

"Well yes it have been a long week with allot of shit happening."
Francesca said and leaned back in her chair.
"If you excuse my language."

"Man I'll say. Just this morning I had to interrogate a prisoner, comfort a widderslainte, decipher a doomsday prophecy, and teleport 850 miles. And I just moved in here! I can't imagine what this whole week has been like." Serge said half-jokingly.

The Euthanathos leaned over to regard the drawing and she studied for a moment.
"While I am not sure how to decipher that at all, it certainly do not look good."
She said and shook her head.
"I do wonder what the six wolves three on either side means."

"Those wolves signify that the Nephandi have found out how to retrieve the items they need for their ritual." Serge began to explain.

"Splitting them off into two groups of three is important because it enforces the theme of three within the picture. Three women, three fat wolves, three skinny wolves, three items needed for the ritual, and this picture is warning us of the third attack against Steelhaven." Serge said as he pointed to the individual pieces of the picture.

"The fact that they are split into skinny and fat groups makes it seem like they go from skinny to fat which seems to indicate that they've found the sustenance they need which can symbolize the Nephandi gaining the things they need. At least that's why I think they were split into groups." Serge concluded.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:03 am

Colin frowned, "Probably mr. Woodhouse or mr. Callahan, or perhaps miss Olsen. I'd think miss Cole is a bit too young to be sent on such an errand, unless they're really worried for her safety back home..."

"That is correct, the time we have already spent have taken around ten minutes but the rest of the hours will pass in two, when you do not see time as linear it is easy enough to manipulate."
Crexia explained.
He smiled wryly, "Ever watched a record spin? The center and the edge move, by necessity, at different speeds, but they both complete one rotation in the same amount of time. It's a similar principle - outside the bubble, the rotation takes two more minutes, but in here, it will take another approximately 14 hours, but we'll still come out at the end of those two outside minutes."

He looked into the basket, "I don't suppose there's any ginger candies, or perhaps a light carbonated drink in there? Those can help with motion sickness."

"Very true or at least that is how human senses see time, as a river we travel down."
The archmage agreed and nodded.
"And interesting example perhaps I will borrow it to explain this notion at some point if you do not mind that is Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Do go ahead. I think I got the example from... I think it was a comic book someone had left in an airport, actually. Don't remember much of it, but it seems there was this fellow living with three goddesses, and one of those goddesses borrowed volume from the future so they could store a few packing crates more comfortably in a cramped cupboard for a few weeks. Of course, this was a romantic comedy, so silliness ensued..."

He smiled wryly, "Look on the bright side - you have the time for another nap before we head back into the fray."

"I am honored by your trust in me Mr Wainwright and I will keep the transcripts safe."
Udella said and gave you a warm smile.
"Yes the section on what was found during Anna's examination might be wise to copy as it shows what long term use of the serum do and there is nothing to personal in that section other than the girl's fear which might actually add sympathy to a case against the serum's use."
She suggested.
He smiled and nodded, "Also, the details about the path of destruction in the upcoming assault on Horizon will probably be quite good to direct evacuation efforts in advance, to minimize casualties. But perhaps it's best to skip over the assassination attempt on Mariana of Balador; if the Nine are moved around, Patrick Dale might not be in position to stop that bullet... and the assassin might be successful."

After the visions, Colin mostly concentrated on writing down the first draft, and possibly the first revision of his power-draining Rote, explaining it to Adley as well, trying to have as concise and widely understandable description for publication in an issue of Paradigma.

((OOC: Seems like for Colin, it's pretty much just a couple of Int+Paradigm Translation roll, for want of anything more... power-consuming. Razz First roll comes to: 2,3,3,4,9. Second roll, for reviewing the first draft (presumably) comes to: 3,4,4,6,0. That's going to take a few hours, including a bit of conversation and banter. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am

Serge:

"Man I'll say. Just this morning I had to interrogate a prisoner, comfort a widderslainte, decipher a doomsday prophecy, and teleport 850 miles. And I just moved in here! I can't imagine what this whole week has been like." Serge said half-jokingly.

"Let me see we have had a dead Nephandus in one of our Nodes, several attacks, an attempted Gilgul on a Chantry member, issues with vampires, a fallout with an allied Chantry, been attacked by a Marauder...I died at one point...yeah it have been quite a week."
Francesca said with a tired frown.

"Those wolves signify that the Nephandi have found out how to retrieve the items they need for their ritual." Serge began to explain.

"That do not sound good."

The Euthanathos muttered as she glanced at the drawing.

"Splitting them off into two groups of three is important because it enforces the theme of three within the picture. Three women, three fat wolves, three skinny wolves, three items needed for the ritual, and this picture is warning us of the third attack against Steelhaven." Serge said as he pointed to the individual pieces of the picture.

"The fact that they are split into skinny and fat groups makes it seem like they go from skinny to fat which seems to indicate that they've found the sustenance they need which can symbolize the Nephandi gaining the things they need. At least that's why I think they were split into groups." Serge concluded.

"That seams like a rather good analysis."
Francesca said and looked at the drawing.
"Ah please forgive me Mr Yager I like art and appriciate it but I do not know to much about how to analyze it."
She said still looking at the drawing.
"But from what you say it seams we should try to get home as soon as possible."

Colin:

He smiled wryly, "Ever watched a record spin? The center and the edge move, by necessity, at different speeds, but they both complete one rotation in the same amount of time. It's a similar principle - outside the bubble, the rotation takes two more minutes, but in here, it will take another approximately 14 hours, but we'll still come out at the end of those two outside minutes."

Crexia gave you an approving nod for your explanation of the way the time bubble worked to Adley but she said nothing, clearly feeling that you had it well in hand on your own.

He looked into the basket, "I don't suppose there's any ginger candies, or perhaps a light carbonated drink in there? Those can help with motion sickness."

"There is a bottle of carbonated orange soda."
Udella said and fished the glass bottle out of the basket and handed it to you.
"Here you go."

He nodded, "Do go ahead. I think I got the example from... I think it was a comic book someone had left in an airport, actually. Don't remember much of it, but it seems there was this fellow living with three goddesses, and one of those goddesses borrowed volume from the future so they could store a few packing crates more comfortably in a cramped cupboard for a few weeks. Of course, this was a romantic comedy, so silliness ensued..."

"Well silliness aside fantasy literature do help the Consensus not stagnate completely and lead more than a few people down the path to Awakening, but yes thank you the example is pretty good for how time work with space indeed."
Crexia said and nodded approvingly.

He smiled and nodded, "Also, the details about the path of destruction in the upcoming assault on Horizon will probably be quite good to direct evacuation efforts in advance, to minimize casualties. But perhaps it's best to skip over the assassination attempt on Mariana of Balador; if the Nine are moved around, Patrick Dale might not be in position to stop that bullet... and the assassin might be successful."

"It is a difficult thing to leave one of the Primi in danger but yes if we disturb the timeline the Seat of Time might not be saves and from you say if Mr Dale do not come to visit you in the future the mission to save Miss Bergen might not have gone so well so I will follow your advice old friend but I can not say I completely like it."
Udella said and frowned.

After the visions, Colin mostly concentrated on writing down the first draft, and possibly the first revision of his power-draining Rote, explaining it to Adley as well, trying to have as concise and widely understandable description for publication in an issue of Paradigma.

You begin to work on writing down your rote in a way that mages of varying Paradigms might understand, that took a good deal of thinking to sort it out as generally as possible but it did seam like you rather quickly got the handle on it, though off course working on the document took a fair bit of time.

(OOC: That works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next