Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 2 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:59 pm

[Villa]

Colin nodded, "I know, the Capo and his little band of miscreants are needlessly cruel. Might have to have a word with someone about it."

"A word with someone Sir...the Capo is dangerous."
Shawn warned nervously.
"Very dangerous."

He grinned, "Uncle Willard is a modern-looking angel. Wings, white robes, sword, everything you'd expect, really. As for spirits who serve Magi, no, they're not Custos. The term mainly refers to humans and... derivatives, I suppose you could call them; werebeasts, vampires, et cetera."

"Uncle Willard sounds cool."
The boy said then he nodded.
"That makes sense I guess Sir, it simply mean servant do it not? The word Custos I mean?"
He asked as his eyes followed the little video game spirit as it zoomed around the machine's surface.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 2 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"No these games are mine."
Shawn said and he indicated ten of the games and the box for Wipeout Pulse.
"The rest of the things are not mine nor these three games here."
He said and pointed and three other PSP games.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Hum, well, bugger... Well, I think it might be safe to assume that Giovanni ghouls either bought the other stuff, or stashed it with other stolen items. If the latter, I don't think we'll be able to find the original owners now, and if the former, I have no qualms about confiscating the items."
Anja wrote:"I do not know how they got the items Sir they seam rather random, the kind of random things someone might have on them you know."
Shawn said and he glanced into the box.

"Was afraid of that." Serge said with a sigh. "If it's stolen stuff than I can easily find their original owners without accruing more paradox. If it did belong to them....I might just return it now.You might have no qualms but stealing doesn't sit right with me."

Anja wrote:"Oh that is so cool, can they talk with animals and such Sir and you really have a alchemist Sir?"
Shawn asked wide eyed.

"Yup. Talk to animals and they do most of the turning into other animals as well." he said with a grin. "And we got a couple of alchemists as well. Specialize in making potions that do a bunch of things. I have one of their potions that's designed to ward away spirits."

Colin wrote:He grinned and held out both hands, one to each of them, "Very well, then, if we could quickly form a handholding circle?"
Anja wrote:Shawn hesistently took your hand and Serge's if he agreed, the young vampire felt alive. Not like touching Vera which felt like touching a corpse, or a doll, with Shawn you got the little muscle twiches and a slight feeling of warmth a living hand had, he was fairly cold though.

Serge did agree. With a little bit of struggle, he stood up and grabbed Colin's and Shawn's hands, likely staining them a darkĀ coal black in the process.

Anja wrote:The boy looked at his PSP and this time he gave an actual smile.
"Aww it looks like a tiny Wipeout ship, it is so cute."
He exclaimed. When it noticed at it was looked at the tiny spirit stopped, looked at the three watchers and then it started driving around the machine again happily.
Colin wrote:Woooom the little spirit said as it drove around the PSP's surface, now and again dropping little mines behind it which exploded into bright and colorful ligths. Shawn chuckle.
"I will take extra good care of the PSP Sir."
He said as he looked at the spirit play.
"Can I give it a name...or do it have a name already? Do you think it knows we are here?"
Anja wrote:"Hum...a good name for him..what do you think Mr Yager?"
He asked and turned to Shawn.
"Is he not cute he look just like the Wipeout ships!"

"Vrooom to you too little ship." Serge said with a smile, attempting to talk to the spirit. "How's the racing going?"

He glanced over at Shawn and said, "He is pretty cute. What about the name Vroom? Short, simple, sweet."

Colin wrote:He smiled, "It is rather adorable. Not big, not powerful, but it is entirely itself, and happy that way. Serge, will this handholding serve to link up our thoughts, too?"

"Well, I mean...yeah." he said glancing at how the group was holding hands with an unimpressed look on his face. "Kinda boring but it'll work. Shawn, it's gonna feel a little odd to hear us in your head. You think your ready for it?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 pm

[Villa]

Colin frowned, "You've got to go with Miss Bouchard to meet up with Miss Day - she's out alone to meet with a Ratkin. I've got to wait here for up to an hour for Shawn's blood to be tested and verified as harmless, and to cut off any links to him the Giovanni and Tremere might yet have. No two ways about it, the Chief will have to send someone."

He frowned back, clear on his face he wanted to help out with this other development but didn't want to leave the other mages hanging. "Very well, sir. Do you still want me to make contact with him?"

// I didn't see Nic follow Colin but he doesn't have anything to tell her atm anyway so he has no reason to address her

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:56 pm

[Villa]

"Was afraid of that." Serge said with a sigh. "If it's stolen stuff than I can easily find their original owners without accruing more paradox. If it did belong to them....I might just return it now.You might have no qualms but stealing doesn't sit right with me."

"Most of it seam to be junk Sir but a few things might be of sentimental value to someone, though if they where on someone the Capo captured I doubt they are alive now."
Shawn said darkly.

"Yup. Talk to animals and they do most of the turning into other animals as well." he said with a grin. "And we got a couple of alchemists as well. Specialize in making potions that do a bunch of things. I have one of their potions that's designed to ward away spirits."

"That are pretty cool powers."
The young vampire said then he added.
"It seams there are allot of different types of mages Sir."

"Vrooom to you too little ship." Serge said with a smile, attempting to talk to the spirit. "How's the racing going?"

He glanced over at Shawn and said, "He is pretty cute. What about the name Vroom? Short, simple, sweet."

The little ship stopped, looked at you and then let out several mines which exploded into an array of colors in reply before it continued racing around the PSP.
"Vroom seams like a good name Sir."
Shawn agreed with a chuckle.

"Well, I mean...yeah." he said glancing at how the group was holding hands with an unimpressed look on his face. "Kinda boring but it'll work. Shawn, it's gonna feel a little odd to hear us in your head. You think your ready for it?"

"Yeah I should be fine Sir."
The vampire replied with a nod.

Nicole while you where heading out into the garden you got a text from your boss Paul which said.
"Nick I am heading home soon but I wanted to check on you to be sure you where ok after the shit that went down earlier today. I will not ask to many questions it seamed like that sort of situation but are you ok?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:07 pm

[Villa]

Anja's Post:

Nicole wandered towards the car in Colin's wake; as he spoke to Adley she quickly went over to one of the tyres and using her phone as a flashlight checked it. After around twenty seconds a muttered 'Got ya, you bastard!' and stood up again.

Anja's Post:

Nicole jumped slightly on the incoming text; she being one of those folk who seem to be mildly freaked out when their phone does something when they're either looking at or holding it. Quickly opened it up; visible sign of relief on seeing the contents. A moment's pause, then began to type out a reply...

'Im fine. Guy just a jerk who didnt take no for an answer. Dealt with now. Thanks for the heads up meant I could come in prepared. N.'

Once done, she slipped the phone in her pocket and climbed into the driver's seat. 'Look, can this keep? We've got to get to the meet ASAP.' she replied irritably, glancing at the pair having an apparent one-sided conversation. 'And get into the front; it makes me look like I'm your chauffeur or something.'

[There... think that's a decent enough 'snarl-patch'. I know, tiny issue - but they really annoy me for some reason...]

[Attack of 'RP time' - post-wise, Colin went to talk to Adley outside before Nicole spoke to him in the house's hallway. But time-wise it was the other way around, which means Nicole went out to the car with Colin after they'd chatted. Therefore would be present for the Adley-Colin chat. Thus the 'help, time-snarl!' post of mine in the 'OOC on IC' thread].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:34 pm

[Villa]
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned back, clear on his face he wanted to help out with this other development but didn't want to leave the other mages hanging. "Very well, sir. Do you still want me to make contact with him?"
Nicole wrote:Once done, she slipped the phone in her pocket and climbed into the driver's seat. 'Look, can this keep? We've got to get to the meet ASAP.' she replied irritably, glancing at the pair having an apparent one-sided conversation. 'And get into the front; it makes me look like I'm your chauffeur or something.'
Colin nodded, then looked up at Nicole, "Yes, please confer with him, you've got the freshest intel from Riverside. The scrambler should wear off any minute, in any case."
He nodded to Nicole, "Good luck, and make sure both you and Miss Day stay safe. And for the love of all that is holy, don't back the contact into a corner, you know what they say about cornered rats..."

Jeremy wrote:"Was afraid of that." Serge said with a sigh. "If it's stolen stuff than I can easily find their original owners without accruing more paradox. If it did belong to them....I might just return it now.You might have no qualms but stealing doesn't sit right with me."
Anja wrote:"Most of it seam to be junk Sir but a few things might be of sentimental value to someone, though if they where on someone the Capo captured I doubt they are alive now."
Shawn said darkly.
He nodded, "If it's stolen from victims, chances are the owners are... not alive anymore. If it belongs to someone like the woman who was guarding the place, I think it's fine to consider it as paying damages to Shawn, piecemeal. But if you can find that the ghouls swiped the games from someone and the owners are alive and free, then by all means, send them home, with my blessings."

Anja wrote:"That are pretty cool powers."
He smiled, "As varied as the people, really."

Anja wrote:"A word with someone Sir...the Capo is dangerous."
Shawn warned nervously.
"Very dangerous."
He smiled darkly, "The Capo is dangerous, but he's not the top of the food chain. There are people above him, too."

Anja wrote:"Uncle Willard sounds cool."
The boy said then he nodded.
"That makes sense I guess Sir, it simply mean servant do it not? The word Custos I mean?"
He asked as his eyes followed the little video game spirit as it zoomed around the machine's surface.
He nodded, "Strictly speaking, the term translates more accurately to attendant or guard, or a number of synonyms for the latter. I suppose a modern literal translation might be justified as 'meat shield'. But servant is close enough for government work."

Jeremy wrote:"Well, I mean...yeah." he said glancing at how the group was holding hands with an unimpressed look on his face. "Kinda boring but it'll work. Shawn, it's gonna feel a little odd to hear us in your head. You think your ready for it?"
Anja wrote:"Yeah I should be fine Sir."
He smiled and closed his eyes, clearing his thoughts and waiting for the link to connect.

((OOC: Post-wise, I got it as Colin getting Adley's message about a word while Colin and Nicole were talking, which means Colin had to leave while Nicole was finishing her chat with Henrietta. Smaller snarl, but nonetheless...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 pm

[Villa]

Nicole wandered towards the car in Colin's wake; as he spoke to Adley she quickly went over to one of the tyres and using her phone as a flashlight checked it. After around twenty seconds a muttered 'Got ya, you bastard!' and stood up again.

Looking at the tires you found what you where looking for and otherwise things where in good condition.

Im fine. Guy just a jerk who didnt take no for an answer. Dealt with now. Thanks for the heads up meant I could come in prepared. N.'

You got a reply back.
"Good to hear. Let me know if he try to be an ass again and you would like someone to back you up. Have a good weekend."

He smiled, "As varied as the people, really."

Shawn nodded at that.

He smiled darkly, "The Capo is dangerous, but he's not the top of the food chain. There are people above him, too."

"Yeah like the Prince, but he is dangerous as well Sir."
The young vampire muttered.

He nodded, "Strictly speaking, the term translates more accurately to attendant or guard, or a number of synonyms for the latter. I suppose a modern literal translation might be justified as 'meat shield'. But servant is close enough for government work."

"Well it works anyway Sir I do not mind being a servant as long as I am not...tortured."
Shawn muttered and he looked down and shivered and plucked at his toes.

He smiled and closed his eyes, clearing his thoughts and waiting for the link to connect.

Shawn just sat still with his eyes closed waiting as well.

(OOC: Such snarls happens but we got it sorted out.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:27 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Why would I? The guy - or rat, or whatever - basically has no reason to actually give us anything. Which was why I was wondering if we could simply bribe 'em.'

[Yep, snarls happen. And this one got sorted out before it possibly became a massive ruck in the carpet.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:19 am

[Villa]

Once done, she slipped the phone in her pocket and climbed into the driver's seat. 'Look, can this keep? We've got to get to the meet ASAP.' she replied irritably, glancing at the pair having an apparent one-sided conversation. 'And get into the front; it makes me look like I'm your chauffeur or something.'
Colin nodded, then looked up at Nicole, "Yes, please confer with him, you've got the freshest intel from Riverside. The scrambler should wear off any minute, in any case."

"No, it can't keep," he replied back tersely, since he'd been waiting for her for a space now and she made it seem as if he were the holdup. "I have time sensitive possibly critical info; I need to touch base with securely back home first. The spell I know that works on seeing if phones are being scryed upon, I cannot do with others around me as it negates its purpose. Likewise, my more secure method of contact cannot be done in a moving vehicle."

// it was really not that big of a deal, going back it looks like Colin was talking with him while she was w/ Henrietta, no? Then went out to find them, so...we're good.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:41 am

[Villa]

Adley's Post:

'So... you need to go back to base or something?' Nicole replied, the confusion clear in her tone.

[I was under the impression that Colin got the text from Adley while he was talking to Nicole, and went to see him as the Henrietta call was ended. So Nicole walked out a few steps behind Colin.]

[No, not much of a deal. But #1 snarls really bug me [much more than they really should, but hey we all have our bugbears] and #2 I've seen situations in PBP games where tiny, inconsequential snarls can build up and end up requiring a heavy edit/retcon from ST to sort out. So best to smooth out said tiny snarl so it can't build up].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 am

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"Most of it seam to be junk Sir but a few things might be of sentimental value to someone, though if they where on someone the Capo captured I doubt they are alive now."
Shawn said darkly.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "If it's stolen from victims, chances are the owners are... not alive anymore. If it belongs to someone like the woman who was guarding the place, I think it's fine to consider it as paying damages to Shawn, piecemeal. But if you can find that the ghouls swiped the games from someone and the owners are alive and free, then by all means, send them home, with my blessings."

"I plan to do just that. When I get some spare time. I'll try a less...paradox inducing method of returning it to them though." he said in a hopeful tone.

Anja wrote:"That are pretty cool powers."

Colin wrote:He smiled, "As varied as the people, really."

"Lot of everything out there." Serge said with a nod. "You know...technically, I can speak to animals as well."

Anja wrote:The little ship stopped, looked at you and then let out several mines which exploded into an array of colors in reply before it continued racing around the PSP.
"Vroom seams like a good name Sir."
Shawn agreed with a chuckle.

"Not sure if he likes me or not." he said with a chuckle as he saw the spirits explosive response. "Let's ask him and see if he's cool with it. Hey, do you mind if we call you vroom?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah I should be fine Sir."
Colin wrote:He smiled and closed his eyes, clearing his thoughts and waiting for the link to connect.

"Dun dun dun dundun..." Serge began, humming a tune that Shawn would recognize as the final fantasy victory tune. His humming slowly got quieter as he focused on the connection between himself and his friends linked his mind with theirs.

As his humming got quieter, the two would slowly start to hear the orchestral version of the tune within their own minds.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to telepathy link all of us.

Arete Roll: 9, 6, 1, 4 - 7, 2, 4, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 am

[Villa]

'So... you need to go back to base or something?' Nicole replied, the confusion clear in her tone.

He shook his head while saying, "No. I just need a couple minutes alone to make a call."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:21 am

[Villa]

"Lot of everything out there." Serge said with a nod. "You know...technically, I can speak to animals as well."

"You can Sir? That is so cool."
Shawn said sounding impressed.

"Not sure if he likes me or not." he said with a chuckle as he saw the spirits explosive response. "Let's ask him and see if he's cool with it. Hey, do you mind if we call you vroom?"

The spirit looked at you again and set of more colorful explosions and continued driving.
"I am not sure what that means."
Shawn said.

"Dun dun dun dundun..." Serge began, humming a tune that Shawn would recognize as the final fantasy victory tune. His humming slowly got quieter as he focused on the connection between himself and his friends linked his mind with theirs.

As his humming got quieter, the two would slowly start to hear the orchestral version of the tune within their own minds.

You heard Shawn being slightly amused at the music so your spell had to be working since you could hear his nervousness and his amusement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:27 am

[Villa]

Adley's Post:

'Can it hold for 'bout ten mins? You can have the time alone to do it while we wait at the RV.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:04 am

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"You can Sir? That is so cool."
Shawn said sounding impressed.

"It's a pretty big technically though. I'm not at Dr. Dolittle level yet. I can read their thoughts, send them thoughts, and hear their mental responses." Serge explained. "They don't have much to say. The goldfish I talked with just thought about how he was hungry."

Anja wrote:The spirit looked at you again and set of more colorful explosions and continued driving.
Shawn said.

"I have no clue either." Serge said with a confused look on his face. "My friend can speak the languages of the spirits, he'd probably have an easier time deciphering vroom's responses."

Anja wrote:You heard Shawn being slightly amused at the music so your spell had to be working since you could hear his nervousness and his amusement.

"Neat right." Serge thought to Shawn, giving the boy a sideways glance, his unmoving mouth curving into a smile.

"Go ahead. Just think your response."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:44 am

[Villa]

"It's a pretty big technically though. I'm not at Dr. Dolittle level yet. I can read their thoughts, send them thoughts, and hear their mental responses." Serge explained. "They don't have much to say. The goldfish I talked with just thought about how he was hungry."

"I guess most animals live more on instincts and basic needs than we do. I can sort of relate to that."
Shawn replied with a sigh.

"I have no clue either." Serge said with a confused look on his face. "My friend can speak the languages of the spirits, he'd probably have an easier time deciphering vroom's responses."

Spirits have their own language? Really that is so cool I did not know that. Where did he learn it Sir?"
Shawn replied.

"Neat right." Serge thought to Shawn, giving the boy a sideways glance, his unmoving mouth curving into a smile.

The young vampire hesitated then he thought
"Yeah this is really neat, I have communicated telepatically a few time, the telepathy was not mine someone else made the link...but never with several at once."

'Can it hold for 'bout ten mins? You can have the time alone to do it while we wait at the RV.'

Hildegard who had been walking around the garden turned to regard the two younger mages.
"It is up to your Cabal leader but I would not be comfortable leaving Mr Roth Hicks alone in the car while it was parked somewhere, here we are resonably safe but at some random location that would not be a good idea I believe. If it is a matter of time I could take Miss Bouchard though the Umbra to meet up with those she is meeting."
The Chorister offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm

[Villa]
Nicole wrote:'Why would I? The guy - or rat, or whatever - basically has no reason to actually give us anything. Which was why I was wondering if we could simply bribe 'em.'
Colin shrugged, "As you say, he doesn't actually owe you anything, and who knows how easily spooked he'll be... Just make sure he doesn't try to take anything he might want as pay."

Anja wrote:"Yeah like the Prince, but he is dangerous as well Sir."
The young vampire muttered.
He nodded, "True, the Prince is more powerful and dangerous, but I was thinking of the elder Giovanni, myself - a phone call to the right person could prove a far safer solution than a personal audience."

Anja wrote:"Well it works anyway Sir I do not mind being a servant as long as I am not...tortured."
Shawn muttered and he looked down and shivered and plucked at his toes.
He smiled thinly, "Well, servant in name, I suppose... though we've got years ahead to help rebuild your confidence, even if the Giovanni did their best to tear it down."

Anja wrote:The spirit looked at you again and set of more colorful explosions and continued driving.
Shawn said.
Jeremy wrote:"I have no clue either." Serge said with a confused look on his face. "My friend can speak the languages of the spirits, he'd probably have an easier time deciphering vroom's responses."
Anja wrote:Spirits have their own language? Really that is so cool I did not know that. Where did he learn it Sir?"
Shawn replied.
He shook his head, "Our Cabalmate learned it from his Mentor, I believe, as Enochian is considered a secret of their order. That's hte same language as the villa's guardian outside sings in. Not all spirits speak, though, and I suspect, er, Vroom here is among the vast numbers of speechless spirits; I think it is what is called a gaffling, a very small, specific spirit. Most of those, I'm given to understand, don't have a language..."

Anja wrote:Shawn just sat still with his eyes closed waiting as well.
Jeremy wrote:"Dun dun dun dundun..." Serge began, humming a tune that Shawn would recognize as the final fantasy victory tune. His humming slowly got quieter as he focused on the connection between himself and his friends linked his mind with theirs.

Anja wrote:You heard Shawn being slightly amused at the music so your spell had to be working since you could hear his nervousness and his amusement.
Jeremy wrote:"Neat right." Serge thought to Shawn, giving the boy a sideways glance, his unmoving mouth curving into a smile.

Anja wrote:The young vampire hesitated then he thought
"Yeah this is really neat, I have communicated telepatically a few time, the telepathy was not mine someone else made the link...but never with several at once."
He smiled, vaguely recognizing the tune, "Hum, haven't really heard that tune since... some time around 1989, I think? Maybe '88?"
He slipped into the telepathic conversation, 'It is a little more comfortable when it is more by invitation than by force, is it not? Anyway, I believe I promised you something of a story, a bit of high adventure and friendship and family, dating back nearly 450 years in time...'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:36 pm

[Villa]

He nodded, "True, the Prince is more powerful and dangerous, but I was thinking of the elder Giovanni, myself - a phone call to the right person could prove a far safer solution than a personal audience."

"Yes...the Capo fear his elder by the same name, he do not understand why he do not want power, but he got power but he prefer to stay in he shadows."
Shawn said.
"Watching over his family from the shadows...ever watching and waiting."

He smiled thinly, "Well, servant in name, I suppose... though we've got years ahead to help rebuild your confidence, even if the Giovanni did their best to tear it down."

Shawn nodded but he looked lost he probably did not think he would ever recover his self esteem or that he deserved to.

He shook his head, "Our Cabalmate learned it from his Mentor, I believe, as Enochian is considered a secret of their order. That's hte same language as the villa's guardian outside sings in. Not all spirits speak, though, and I suspect, er, Vroom here is among the vast numbers of speechless spirits; I think it is what is called a gaffling, a very small, specific spirit. Most of those, I'm given to understand, don't have a language..."

"I heard the guardian sing Sir it was so bautiful."
The young vampire muttered then he looked down at Vroom.
"It is like he is a personification of the racing game that have cars or ships or ship cars that look like he do, and I guess his language are mines Sir."
He added sounding a bit amused.
"Well in either case he is adorable."

He smiled, vaguely recognizing the tune, "Hum, haven't really heard that tune since... some time around 1989, I think? Maybe '88?"
He slipped into the telepathic conversation, 'It is a little more comfortable when it is more by invitation than by force, is it not? Anyway, I believe I promised you something of a story, a bit of high adventure and friendship and family, dating back nearly 450 years in time...'

"It was not so bad the other times either...I was...restrained just to have someone there even if it was to interrogate me..."
Shawn thought and you could both see his fear and pain but he forced it down and settteled down to hear Colin's story.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:10 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Yes...the Capo fear his elder by the same name, he do not understand why he do not want power, but he got power but he prefer to stay in he shadows."
Shawn said.
"Watching over his family from the shadows...ever watching and waiting."
Colin nodded, "Old, cunning, and careful; not someone to be taken lightly - but at the same time, someone who might be persuaded into looking at the long game, rather than at what they would consider immediate personal insult."

Anja wrote:"I heard the guardian sing Sir it was so bautiful."
"It is like he is a personification of the racing game that have cars or ships or ship cars that look like he do, and I guess his language are mines Sir."
He nodded, "I quite agree, the little guy is adorable."

Anja wrote:"It was not so bad the other times either...I was...restrained just to have someone there even if it was to interrogate me..."
Shawn thought and you could both see his fear and pain but he forced it down and settteled down to hear Colin's story.
He nodded, then prepared to begin the storytelling, only hesitating briefly, 'Oh, before I begin, if you see memories of sunlight, that's all it is, memories of sunlight; those days are bygone times, centuries in the past, and won't hurt you.'
He mentally cleared his throat and focused on the memories of Akrites' and Heylel's appearances, the latter as seen in a mirror (though this might not be immediately apparent), 'This tale begins in 1466, the Council of Nine Mystic Traditions got together, and the First Cabal was founded, each Tradition committing one of their ranks to the glorious mission of bringing the Traditions closer together, and to bring those practitioners working on their own, or those smaller crafts that were not full-fledged Traditions into the protection of the Council of Nine, in response to the Order of Reason, which today is called the Technocracy. Akrites Salonikas...' The image of Akrites came a little further into the foreground, 'was the emissary of what is today called the Cult of Ecstasy, same as Serge here belongs to. Heylel Teomim...' The image of Heylel came to the fore, 'was the member of the Solificati, then a proud Tradition of alchemists, now reduced to a single House of the Order of Hermes. Over their time together, they became close, and Akrites gifted Heylel a wonderful ring he had made himself.' The image of Akrites' ring, as when it were new on the day of the gifting came to the fore. He scritched his chin, briefly considering how to proceed with the narrative, thinking back to the flashes of memory he'd had earlier in the day...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:32 pm

[Villa]

Colin nodded, "Old, cunning, and careful; not someone to be taken lightly - but at the same time, someone who might be persuaded into looking at the long game, rather than at what they would consider immediate personal insult."

"I have only had a few flashes of insight about this man, but from what little I know I do not think he would get insulted by you stealing me from the Capo or getting into a conflict with the Capo as long as you do not attack his entire family."
Shawn said and he chewed his lower lip looking a bit uncertain.

He nodded, "I quite agree, the little guy is adorable."

Shawn gave another half smile.
"He is...though perhaps we should stop bothering him and leave him to do his thing in peace Sir."

He nodded, then prepared to begin the storytelling, only hesitating briefly, 'Oh, before I begin, if you see memories of sunlight, that's all it is, memories of sunlight; those days are bygone times, centuries in the past, and won't hurt you.'

"That is okey Sir, I quite miss the sun, I never thought that I would but I do, perhaps seeing a memory of it will be nice you know."
The young vampire replied and you remember the window Serge had made for Shawn, one with a painted view that would change and move according to the boy's moods and often would show a bright, painted day.

He mentally cleared his throat and focused on the memories of Akrites' and Heylel's appearances, the latter as seen in a mirror (though this might not be immediately apparent), 'This tale begins in 1466, the Council of Nine Mystic Traditions got together, and the First Cabal was founded, each Tradition committing one of their ranks to the glorious mission of bringing the Traditions closer together, and to bring those practitioners working on their own, or those smaller crafts that were not full-fledged Traditions into the protection of the Council of Nine, in response to the Order of Reason, which today is called the Technocracy. Akrites Salonikas...' The image of Akrites came a little further into the foreground, 'was the emissary of what is today called the Cult of Ecstasy, same as Serge here belongs to. Heylel Teomim...' The image of Heylel came to the fore, 'was the member of the Solificati, then a proud Tradition of alchemists, now reduced to a single House of the Order of Hermes. Over their time together, they became close, and Akrites gifted Heylel a wonderful ring he had made himself.' The image of Akrites' ring, as when it were new on the day of the gifting came to the fore. He scritched his chin, briefly considering how to proceed with the narrative, thinking back to the flashes of memory he'd had earlier in the day...

Shawn looked like he had some questions but he stayed mentally silent as you told your tale though his eyes widened when he saw the ring, here new and in perfect condition the way Mia remembered it. He also could not help but whisper.
"He is beautiful."
When he say Heylel and he looked at the figure with fascinated eyes, perhaps there was a bit of Toreador in the young Thin Blood after all.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:40 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"I guess most animals live more on instincts and basic needs than we do. I can sort of relate to that."
Shawn replied with a sigh.

"Yeah, their not as complicated as us. Can make it hard to read them at times." Serge said with a nod. "My Verbana buddies could probably have a better conversation with them though."

Anja wrote:Spirits have their own language? Really that is so cool I did not know that. Where did he learn it Sir?"
Shawn replied.
Colin wrote:He shook his head, "Our Cabalmate learned it from his Mentor, I believe, as Enochian is considered a secret of their order. That's hte same language as the villa's guardian outside sings in. Not all spirits speak, though, and I suspect, er, Vroom here is among the vast numbers of speechless spirits; I think it is what is called a gaffling, a very small, specific spirit. Most of those, I'm given to understand, don't have a language..."
Anja wrote:"I heard the guardian sing Sir it was so bautiful."
Anja wrote:Shawn gave another half smile.
"He is...though perhaps we should stop bothering him and leave him to do his thing in peace Sir."

"Before we leave him alone, why don't you try asking him something? Even if the response is the same, he probably knows you the best. Yet I don't think you asked him anything." Serge encouraged.

Anja wrote:The young vampire hesitated then he thought
Colin wrote:He smiled, vaguely recognizing the tune, "Hum, haven't really heard that tune since... some time around 1989, I think? Maybe '88?"
Anja wrote:"It was not so bad the other times either...I was...restrained just to have someone there even if it was to interrogate me..."
Colin wrote:He nodded, then prepared to begin the storytelling, only hesitating briefly, 'Oh, before I begin, if you see memories of sunlight, that's all it is, memories of sunlight; those days are bygone times, centuries in the past, and won't hurt you.'
Colin wrote:Shawn looked like he had some questions but he stayed mentally silent as you told your tale though his eyes widened when he saw the ring, here new and in perfect condition the way Mia remembered it. He also could not help but whisper.
"He is beautiful."
When he say Heylel and he looked at the figure with fascinated eyes, perhaps there was a bit of Toreador in the young Thin Blood after all.

Serge was silent until he saw the memory of Arkites Salonikas and he couldn't help couldn't help but smile and think briefly, "That's my boy. Lots of legends and rumors surrounding him."

As the memories focus turned from Arkites to his friendship with Heylel, Serge frowned remembering, in a way so that the others couldn't see, the sadness he had seen in the elder Seer's eyes when he had met him this morning. He glanced at Shawn, wondering what his connection to Heylel was. He had a suspicion, but said and thought nothing until Colin confirmed it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:27 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"I have only had a few flashes of insight about this man, but from what little I know I do not think he would get insulted by you stealing me from the Capo or getting into a conflict with the Capo as long as you do not attack his entire family."
Shawn said and he chewed his lower lip looking a bit uncertain.
Colin nodded, "The Capo, I think, will be quick to anger, but he might be restrained by his elder."

Anja wrote:"That is okey Sir, I quite miss the sun, I never thought that I would but I do, perhaps seeing a memory of it will be nice you know."
The young vampire replied and you remember the window Serge had made for Shawn, one with a painted view that would change and move according to the boy's moods and often would show a bright, painted day.
He smiled and looked to Serge, "You know, Shawn will need a window of sorts in his underground room, perhaps you can paint one for him, something that will at least give a small illusion of seeing the day outside?"

Anja wrote:Shawn looked like he had some questions but he stayed mentally silent as you told your tale though his eyes widened when he saw the ring, here new and in perfect condition the way Mia remembered it. He also could not help but whisper.
"He is beautiful."
He smiled, 'They were... and Heylel was not a man, nor a woman; they were the first artificial Rebis, a magical hermaphrodite. Two Magi, one man and one woman, merged together in mind, body and soul... or at least, that is how the natural ones work; Heylel was... imperfect. One body, but two minds and souls... and something else, too. But this was not known at the time...'

Jeremy wrote:Serge was silent until he saw the memory of Arkites Salonikas and he couldn't help couldn't help but smile and think briefly, "That's my boy. Lots of legends and rumors surrounding him."

As the memories focus turned from Arkites to his friendship with Heylel, Serge frowned remembering, in a way so that the others couldn't see, the sadness he had seen in the elder Seer's eyes when he had met him this morning. He glanced at Shawn, wondering what his connection to Heylel was. He had a suspicion, but said and thought nothing until Colin confirmed it.
He smiled sadly, 'Akrites was a gentle, innocent man, full of child-like wonder, very much like you. I just hope Paradox won't affect you like it did him; reeking of pot is rather disapproved of today. But that's beside the point. Now, where were we... Oh, yes, another person of immense personal importance in this story was the lovely Eloine,' He recalled Eloine's visage, as it were while they were traveling together that first year, 'She and Heylel grew close, and eventually, they had twins together. The day Eloine gave birth, Heylel was pacing a quite literal groove in the carpet... but the twins were a lovely pair, boy and girl, already bound together in the reincarnation cycle for the past several centuries, as well as the ages to come... But there was a problem, a danger of which only Heylel and Akrites were aware: with Heylel's imperfect transformation into a rebis, they had unwittingly become host to a seed of evil; a being called Moloch, who would arise from the dissonance between Heylel's two Avatars. Akrites knew of what would happen if Heylel were not stopped, if Moloch were to be allowed to grow strong - it would be the end of magic, in a way; the end of free will, and an age of machine men with machine minds... Akrites' prophecy is readily available, by the way, and I can get you a copy of that. In any case, Heylel also knew, even if they never told Akrites, and there was only one way to stop Moloch. Heylel's souls would have to be torn apart, shredded to little bits. So, Heylel did the only thing they could that would ensure so harsh a punishment - they betrayed the First Cabal to the Order of Reason, with every intent to rescue them afterwards, before anything worse could happen. Things did... not go as intended; some died, some were tortured... the price paid by their loved ones broke Heylel, far more than the tortures heaped upon them by the angry Traditions after their capture. But between the rescue and the arrest, Heylel had the time to do one last desperate act: they saved the children. The daughter was placed with a simple farmer's family, and raised as their own, whereas the son...' He brought up the memory of Teomim placing the boy at the convent door, with the ring, 'The son was left at a convent, and eventually adopted, and his lineage trickled down the centuries, culminating in you, Shawn.'
He paused for a moment, 'And as for Heylel Teomim, they were eventually captured by the Traditions, put on what was supposed to be scarcely even a trial, but the trial was done as properly as could be, thanks to the incredibly dedicated, fresh, young defense attorney named Udella Adimari Hermes bani Quaesitor. Despite all her work, Heylel's plan worked in that regard; they were sentenced to Gilgul, or soulflaying, and their Avatars were shredded... or so the record shows. A small piece, the last fragment of each Avatar, managed to finally merge, the ultimate success of Heylel's attempt to become a true rebis, and that merged shard hid and slowly rebuilt itself into a full-fledged Avatar, taking what pieces she could, over the next five hundred years. To the day, in fact... and then she chose a newborn baby boy to reincarnate into; an English child whose mother named him Colin.'
He smiled sadly to Serge, 'So, I cannot forgive Akrites for what he did - because he did exactly what he needed to do. There's nothing I could forgive, I can only ask his forgiveness, on behalf of Heylel's Avatar...'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:46 pm

[Villa]

"It is up to your Cabal leader but I would not be comfortable leaving Mr Roth Hicks alone in the car while it was parked somewhere, here we are resonably safe but at some random location that would not be a good idea I believe. If it is a matter of time I could take Miss Bouchard though the Umbra to meet up with those she is meeting."

Adley gave Nic an incredulous look that she probably didn't see, then shook his head as he got out of the car with all his gear. He wasn't about to explain himself again and waste time; this was not a potty pit stop where he could hold it till the next gas station. Nor did he want Hildegard to reap paradox on his behalf. "Pardon," he said to Hildegard, "Can you watch my friend a moment?" he said, then murmured to Flicker in Enochian if she agreed: 'Stay with this-one, please? he said, indicating Hildegard. 'I will be back in a short interval.'

// I'm not sure if Colin is still there at this point in the scene. I know that he said goodbye to them but as he told Adley to make the call then go, so that's what's happening unless he says otherwise

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:50 pm

[Villa]

"Yeah, their not as complicated as us. Can make it hard to read them at times." Serge said with a nod. "My Verbana buddies could probably have a better conversation with them though."

"Yes Sir perhaps so...and perhaps what is driven by instinct is simpler, it feels that way at times, but at other times not you know."
Shawn commented.

Before we leave him alone, why don't you try asking him something? Even if the response is the same, he probably knows you the best. Yet I don't think you asked him anything." Serge encouraged.

The young boy considered for a moment then he nodded and asked.
"Vroom are you happy? Is there anything you need?"
The little spirit stopped for a moment to look at Shawn then it continued racing around happily.

Colin nodded, "The Capo, I think, will be quick to anger, but he might be restrained by his elder."

The boy nodded but his eyes was full of fear, he was terrified of the Capo with good reason.

He smiled and looked to Serge, "You know, Shawn will need a window of sorts in his underground room, perhaps you can paint one for him, something that will at least give a small illusion of seeing the day outside?"

"I...I would like that Sir but I would not want to bother Mr Yager."
Shawn said and he looked down.

He smiled, 'They were... and Heylel was not a man, nor a woman; they were the first artificial Rebis, a magical hermaphrodite. Two Magi, one man and one woman, merged together in mind, body and soul... or at least, that is how the natural ones work; Heylel was... imperfect. One body, but two minds and souls... and something else, too. But this was not known at the time...'

"The child of the egg?"
The young vampire asked.
"Ehm sorry I read a fantasy story full of alchmists who had that concept."
And indeed that is what a Rebis was called and Heylel had to endure a endless flurry of egg jokes from their Cabal through the years they was with them.
"Well they are beautiful then Sir."
The boy said as he looked at the image of Heylel Teomim.

He recalled Eloine's visage, as it were while they were traveling together that first year, 'She and Heylel grew close, and eventually, they had twins together. The day Eloine gave birth, Heylel was pacing a quite literal groove in the carpet... but the twins were a lovely pair, boy and girl, already bound together in the reincarnation cycle for the past several centuries, as well as the ages to come...

"She looks like a Renaissance painting Sir."
Shawn said as he looked at Eloine, and indeed she did, back then she had been the pinnacle of female beauty in Europe, today she would have been seen at rather plump, still pretty though but back then the Lady Eloine was a legendary beauty.

But there was a problem, a danger of which only Heylel and Akrites were aware: with Heylel's imperfect transformation into a rebis, they had unwittingly become host to a seed of evil; a being called Moloch, who would arise from the dissonance between Heylel's two Avatars. Akrites knew of what would happen if Heylel were not stopped, if Moloch were to be allowed to grow strong - it would be the end of magic, in a way; the end of free will, and an age of machine men with machine minds... Akrites' prophecy is readily available, by the way, and I can get you a copy of that. In any case, Heylel also knew, even if they never told Akrites, and there was only one way to stop Moloch. Heylel's souls would have to be torn apart, shredded to little bits. So, Heylel did the only thing they could that would ensure so harsh a punishment - they betrayed the First Cabal to the Order of Reason, with every intent to rescue them afterwards, before anything worse could happen. Things did... not go as intended; some died, some were tortured... the price paid by their loved ones broke Heylel, far more than the tortures heaped upon them by the angry Traditions after their capture. But between the rescue and the arrest, Heylel had the time to do one last desperate act: they saved the children. The daughter was placed with a simple farmer's family, and raised as their own, whereas the son...' He brought up the memory of Teomim placing the boy at the convent door, with the ring, 'The son was left at a convent, and eventually adopted, and his lineage trickled down the centuries, culminating in you, Shawn.'

"So...the reason why my grandfather had that ring is that he and I are descendant from the son this Heylel placed at a Convent door? Well that do fit with the story my grandfather said, that the furthest back he had been able to trace our family was to a child left at a Convent door, dressed in fine clothes and with that ring on a string around his neck. How he was adopted and lived a simple but rewarding life until he was well into his nineties and then passed away with his family around him, not a bad way to live or to die."
The young boy said.
"It must have been horribly sad for Heylel to leave behind his children though, and betraying his friends."
He muttered sadly.

He paused for a moment, 'And as for Heylel Teomim, they were eventually captured by the Traditions, put on what was supposed to be scarcely even a trial, but the trial was done as properly as could be, thanks to the incredibly dedicated, fresh, young defense attorney named Udella Adimari Hermes bani Quaesitor. Despite all her work, Heylel's plan worked in that regard; they were sentenced to Gilgul, or soulflaying, and their Avatars were shredded... or so the record shows. A small piece, the last fragment of each Avatar, managed to finally merge, the ultimate success of Heylel's attempt to become a true rebis, and that merged shard hid and slowly rebuilt itself into a full-fledged Avatar, taking what pieces she could, over the next five hundred years. To the day, in fact... and then she chose a newborn baby boy to reincarnate into; an English child whose mother named him Colin.'

"W...wait mages destroy one another's souls as a punishment but that is...that is horrible!"
Shawn exclaimed mentally then he looked down apologetically.
"Forgive me please I did not mean any offense I really did not and I am glad some of Heylel's souls survived and I understand that it had to be done for him...ehm they not to become that Moloch thing but still that is a really, really harsh punishment."
The boy said nervously and he seamed rather shocked.

Adley gave Nic an incredulous look that she probably didn't see, then shook his head as he got out of the car with all his gear. He wasn't about to explain himself again and waste time; this was not a potty pit stop where he could hold it till the next gas station. Nor did he want Hildegard to reap paradox on his behalf. "Pardon," he said to Hildegard, "Can you watch my friend a moment?" he said, then murmured to Flicker in Enochian if she agreed: 'Stay with this-one, please? he said, indicating Hildegard. 'I will be back in a short interval.'

"Certainly."
Hildegard said and she reached out a hand towards Flicker who happily fluttered over to it and danced around the older mage's hands.
"I will keep her safe Mr Roth Hicks I will show her my apple trees I am sure she will enjoy that."
The old woman agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:24 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Meaning what, exactly..?' Nicole replied in a faux-innocent tone, looking at Colin with a smirk.

Anja's Post:

'Wha...? Simply meant like a few metres away from me while we're waiting in the lot, not several blocks away.'

Adley's Post:

'For fuck's sake...' Nicole muttered in an annoyed tone, giving Adley a glare as he got out the car. Mentally cursing the facts he didn't see fit to do this while she was patching herself up, didn't answer her question and for talking in a barely-intelligible manner like he was getting dirty with a thesaurus. A short moment where she wondered whether this was one of the reasons her forebears blasted his ones out of their wizard's towers with cannon all those centuries ago...

Then she sighed, pulling out her cell again. Well, if time was to be wasted, she might as well call Trina and see if the Kinfolk had any updates.

And if something happened to Henrietta while she was waiting at the lot; Nicole would know where to pin the blame for their tardiness. And she'd do it with a nail-gun...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next